Speaker 1: I see how all the UFC is today.
Speaker 2: If you were picking out fighters, if you were in your prime again, who are the guys that you would love to take a crack at?
Speaker 1: Is a lot of song on your drink? Is du plus? Who else is in the top five? Stupid God and gaze.
Speaker 2: Language movie? No Simple.
Speaker 3: It's welcome to another episode of Bustle with the Boys.
Speaker 4: I am your host Will Compton.
Speaker 3: The boy Taylor Lawani is down in the jungle somewhere in Mexico City co hosting with me today. The One, the Only, the Mule, Delaney Walker. Ron of applause for Delaney on this show. Today, we're gonna, uh, we're gonna talk about which I wanted to get your opinion on too. Some stories out there, uh of I spoke to the Huskers over the weekend. I'll get into the messaging there. But there was a teammate of ours from Nebraska back when I played, when I was a freshman, that took his own life. He was homeless and he recently just died like last week. There's some messaging around like transitioning after football, Deon Sanders.
Speaker 4: Some kids are like all right.
Speaker 3: Some of the athletes on their world either not showing up at class, being disrespectful.
Speaker 4: He's kind of talking through some things on the board.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be a really good conversation with us, kind of talking about, you know, these athletes taking things more serious.
Speaker 4: Than just what their craft is. We're just going to talk some dad talk.
Speaker 3: We got some tiered talk where we're going to talk about the Masters club dinner. Did I say that correctly? G I don't want to mess that up with the Masters coming up this week. What else, we'll recap our Nebraska trip over the weekend where we're going to next There won't be a live show at organ but we're going to Oregon next week and then we're going to Alabama the week after that.
Speaker 4: We will be doing a live show at Alabama.
Speaker 3: So make sure you're following along at bustin WTV for all that information.
Speaker 4: But welcome to the show, bro.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me. Man. It's always good to be on the bus. Always good to be on the bus. People seem to love the Mule, the fucking mule. You was like the only black guy. No, that was a mixed guy in the crowd there was He kind of raised his hands.
Speaker 6: But then another crowd, another person in the crowd was like, he's not black. Did y'all not hear that he could.
Speaker 5: Be a white person? You're not black? He was a white person. He's like, well, yeah, I is not black. I was like, damn, yo, what.
Speaker 4: Was your What was your take on Nebraska? Did that have I turned you into a Husker fan?
Speaker 5: Definitely? Definitely.
Speaker 6: I mean when you think of Nebraska, you don't think of what you're about to see, Like, honestly, you think of some corn fields gang of fucking white people. I mean that was well that that's true. That holds the line that still stuck. But that's on part. The school is pretty much. It got a city vibe, it's got a night life. The school was awesome. I mean, what they got going up there, going on up there in Nebraska. I can see why a lot of guys come out of there will be successful. It's just rand Will and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go out.
Speaker 4: I got to get you in some red this I met who what was her name? Laura. That's a great call, Mitch.
Speaker 3: This podcast has brought to us our presenting sponsor, the Chevy Silverado. Bust with the Boys is presented by Chevy. This is a Chevy Truck podcast. Chevy trucks are the greatest trucks ever built in our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part of the bust and family and even in our personal lives.
Speaker 5: Your boy Rex is R.
Speaker 3: Two Chevy Silverado, longtime partner of the show. A truck with commanding and unstoppable grit, legendary capability and dependability too. Just like the boy Mitch in the back, he is built to depend upon on reading the Chevy Soverado ads. So find out for yourself like so many of our boys had the Chevy dot com. Check out all the Chevy truck grit, build your own Silverado, and check out what current offers are out there during Chevy Truck season for do your self projects, DIY projects, to road trips, off road adventures, tailgates, and whatever your thing is, it starts with the Chevy truck.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Mitch. What's I fucking talking about?
Speaker 7: You said you met with some girl.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think her name is Laura. About the merch we're gonna get to do this year.
Speaker 5: I did not speak with Laura.
Speaker 4: I'll show you. I'll show you that she sent me the stuff you sent.
Speaker 3: By the way, we got some boy mom merch coming out that's fucking awesome for Mother's Day, so be on the lookout for our boy Ma merch.
Speaker 4: We get to drop a couple hats.
Speaker 3: They didn't let us do a whole lot because we got to kind of see how we do with this first run of everything. But to all the boys that listen to this show, you have an awesome mother who I'm sure helped raise you very well. Nothing would be a better Mother's Day gift than getting her a boy mom hat. Or for any of the hubbies out there, you guys have a son, get one for your wife. If we do happen to have females, and then we got like three percent of our audience's female, there's some boy mom hats that are dropping soon. But that same rolodex of boy mom has she sent me an entire thing of like options that we'll get to select with, like the boy the Diamonds up with forty seven where it says Nebraska's the boys, Oh for real? Yeah, like like stuff that you're gonna be fired up about with the yeah, like we're yeah, they're hoping that they can get it into uh they're hoping that they can get into the like stores on campus. Obviously it'll be on the forty seven site, but Huskers will be running up this year. I think there's a lot to be excited about. We got some color on the wide receiver corps. I saw some cats out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Too many white dudes running around there like that. Nothing, there's anything wrong with that. You need a scrapy white guy that can play the slot definitely as dependable hands and everything else. But there there was that one cat. I think he was a transfer from U. Was it organ no wake for Wake Force? Okay, long cat attacking the ball over the middle like and what I see little nineteen making that play?
Speaker 4: Dylan Ryola.
Speaker 6: I mean you got to two receivers came in from Texas. That's phenomenal. Yeah, God, I want to say Devon Hall and then or I don't want to mess his name up, but for sure them dudes was showing up, uh the other day.
Speaker 7: Hey, but don't sleep on the white wide receivers because on social media obviously I wasn't there by I soalid little race between you two and.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah up, thank you, JP Hill, I give will up pill. But if we ran it straight flag, he can't keep up.
Speaker 5: B Bro.
Speaker 3: That acceleration I had going uphill was was clean? Really topped out after five yards.
Speaker 6: You crazy zoom I had on with these heavy ass sweats. I had on air Forces. That was the ass sweat. And before the before we race, Will was tying his shoes. He choked, tied him, did you not?
Speaker 5: I laced, But you got it. You gotta be prepared, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I thought.
Speaker 6: So in the beginning of it, we thought he was just going to race coach. That was that was the whole headline. It was you versus coach. And then well he.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to, but I was like, they were like, hey, we got to do this, like you got to get coach rule to get out there and race your pill.
Speaker 5: And he didn't want to do it at first.
Speaker 3: But last week when we were at Florida State and you beat me in the jump off, and I was trying to all like, yeah, we can race, yeah we won and one yeah, so I had to get you.
Speaker 6: But the next time we go somewhere the next event, we can do a race, or we can do coverage.
Speaker 5: It's whatever. You ain't you got any.
Speaker 6: You cannot lock me up. Just like Week seven in twenty fourteen. Bro, Yeah, okay, I mean catches.
Speaker 5: You had two?
Speaker 4: Two catches?
Speaker 5: How many yards for seventeen?
Speaker 4: How many targets? Five cover one all game?
Speaker 6: Five targets that we let's we can pull up the film. I don't even think the ball was close to me on either three targets.
Speaker 4: It was like it's tough and you got tight windows.
Speaker 5: Nah No, but you like when you got the park.
Speaker 6: Look at the guys who got catches, Like y'all were really trying to stop me.
Speaker 5: Other dudes ate that never ate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a monster. Okay, that's all I got to se time pro bowler. We got to look out for this. Don't worry coach. I got him decoy. You gotta worry about him. I was a decoy for that game. Had to be because you weren't open.
Speaker 5: I gave you that.
Speaker 7: They should let us know in the comments about the third event should be between y'all.
Speaker 4: Two okay, everybody in the comments.
Speaker 3: Let us know at the third event, the lady wants to race on flat ground, because apparently that makes up all the difference in the world.
Speaker 5: It definitely does we're running uphill, bro bro Jill. We ran uphill. You barely beat me.
Speaker 3: It was like number one, It's like twenty yard, Like I can sound like I can smoke you.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you even in the first one, you was trying to pull me down because I beat you by five hours. I was like, I slowed down because look, honestly I did. I jumped on that first one. I took off and then I started to slow down, but I saw you were still going, so I trying to grab you. Hey, I'm a cheater. I've never no cheat. No, but that, uh, that was a fun weekend.
Speaker 4: JP.
Speaker 3: We hated that you couldn't make it with the boys. Man, we had a good time. Coop Coop he we got him nice and sauced up. It was his first time, so we had to give a couple of Coop chants.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't necessarily get him at the beginning, so I had to lean on Delaney.
Speaker 8: I was like, hey, we gotta get Coop going. He won't say no to you, Yeah he was. There was no saying no to me.
Speaker 6: Every five minutes shot shot, you'd be like you're good, Yeah, let's take a shot.
Speaker 5: I'll be like, God, damn this big time. Oh hug dap whisper in your ear.
Speaker 4: Oh we were all late.
Speaker 3: Then I had to I was up the next morning, true true wanted me to go to talk to the team, and man, that's super ruper.
Speaker 5: He is a trooper.
Speaker 6: I'm not even seven point thirty text message, who coming silent?
Speaker 7: Sorry, I just imagine Rule hyping you up like we got a very special guest coming. He was successful on the field, successful off the field. Everybody, please welcome little confidence.
Speaker 3: I just hungover, bro, I was hungover. I had just stand in a cold shower. I had to like just get going because I was like, man, I was out too.
Speaker 5: Late last night.
Speaker 6: But everyone said he killed it. Soon as I got there, they was like, will killed it?
Speaker 5: Man? He killed And I was sitting there like.
Speaker 3: For real, you know, you know it was solid when all the brothers are coming up being like, hey, that was some good ship because you had them, you have them locked in. Usually you get guys back in the chair in the back. You kind of know when that man there, they're not fucking with anything I'm saying right now. But they were locked in. They were locked in.
Speaker 6: They all came and told me, like, will crush that speech, will battled early.
Speaker 9: We all showed up at like I don't know ten forty five, got to the field by eleven, and Coach Rule goes the lady.
Speaker 10: Glad you can mate you everybody.
Speaker 5: He'll be on blastom everybody. I'm like, I got it. I start disappearing in the bushes back.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but it went well.
Speaker 3: But honestly, like what I was saying in the intro earlier, like I was thinking, like, man, what can I Coach Rule wanted me to talk about, like success off the field, transitioning after football, because you know, the reality is like one percent goes and plays d one one percent can go to the NFL. There's not gonna be a whole lot of guys out of that room, which everybody has the dream of doing it.
Speaker 4: You hope everybody does.
Speaker 3: But he's like, I want you to talk to him about like life after football. A kind of lean into the messaging there when I was trying to think about when we were flying out, like what to like what to kind of go off of. Unfortunately, earlier that day there's a text message I got in our Huskers for Life group chat there's like twenty something of us we called the Husker Bird.
Speaker 5: That group chat.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like we only chime in when somebody's like today's happy birthday. It's just a line of happy birthday, unless there's some news that happens. And somebody dropped in the chat that Kenny Wilson, he was a running back. He was a senior when I was a freshman, so I didn't know him very well and only had a couple of conversations with him. But a teammate of mine had killed himself, like he had died and listen, I haven't read all the reporting or anything else. That's just what was kind of in the group chat, and that he wasn't doing well and they think he took his own life, and YadA, YadA, YadA. It was just like a sad, unfortunate situation. And it got me thinking that, you know, this is a dude that I played with that I'm in my thirties. This dude's in his thirties and his situation wasn't going well and felt the need whether he took his own life or however he ended up passing away, but just being in a bad situation, I was thinking I was gonna lead with that story to think, like, all you guys in here think that you know we're gonna you're gonna play college.
Speaker 4: Ball, hopefully you all play in the NFL.
Speaker 3: But at some point we all retire, whether it's after high school, whether it's after college, whether it's two years in the league, whether it's three years in the CFL, whether it's I got to play.
Speaker 4: For nine years, I said, depending on the day ten.
Speaker 3: But I was like, it all ultimately ends, and unless you're like a massively successful guy like most people, just like you know, you still have like a whole lot of life to live. And so it's kind of going off of like taking advantage an athlete. And I would love to have your perspective too, because you work with the NFLPA, So anytime that there's like a tough situation going on with guys transitioning, you're somebody who calls them. You talk to them through stuff like when guys are going through whether it's an identity crisis or something else. But I was trying to express how important it is that you guys don't understand getting to sit in these seats. It's like a running joke in the NFL, Like if you wear the shield, your jokes are funny or you're better looking, and you get to shake more hands than ever before, and you need to take advantage of it while you're playing it. And it's no different sitting out any D one program, but especially at the University of Nebraska as well. You guys are the pro team, Like, you guys have so much opportunity and all these resources.
Speaker 4: You saw the facilities, you see how.
Speaker 3: Much support that they have on staff just to be successful in life, whatever it is that you guys need to be taking advantage of it. Because again we understand, like we sat in those seats, bro, we all want to play in the NFL. We all want to play in the league, and it doesn't happen for ninety nine percent of cats. Like what would be like, what's your kind of thought process on that, Like were you always somebody who thought like I was going to go to the league and then when it was coming to an end, talk about how you kind of went through that process and talk about the transition itself.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, like you said, we all dreamed our goal was to be in the NFL. That's the big goal. That's what it all comes down to when you play football. So you know I had that goal. I had that dream, and then going D two, you know, I didn't know how reachable my dream was because I was D two. You know, I knew I was good, but I knew being at a D two school, I maybe probably when they got drafted, probably was going to go in as a free agent. So you know, there were things that I had to I had to really make come clear and understand that this could happen. I may not be a draft pick. I may be a free agent going in for a tryout. So I had those That's the thoughts I had. So I really didn't have high expectations because I knew of.
Speaker 5: Having the career that you had. I mean you played fourteen years, yes, yes, yes, indeed so.
Speaker 6: But when that time came and I was able to go to the compound, it kind of it changed because I'm like, they giving me that opportunity. Now it's up to me to take advantage of this opportunity. Only I can fail. So once I got there, I knew I didn't want to leave. I love where I was at. Like you said, your jokes get funnier, you get a little cuter, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean, everybody, everybody's out kicking their coverage. Indeed, yeah, and everybody's out kicking their coverage.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to lose that.
Speaker 6: And then, you know, fourteen years later and then my at the end of my year, I can tell, oh, man.
Speaker 5: This may be it. What's next? Well, how were you feeling?
Speaker 3: You're again, three time pro bowler, You made good contracts fourteen years you didn't think you would probably end off.
Speaker 5: Of of the hip drop, broken leg tackle, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure even you had like anxieties when it's coming to an end.
Speaker 6: Of course, you know, like after having this injury, that anxiety went up higher because I knew once the doctor told me, like, gosh, you pushing thirty seven. You're not gonna heal it's like you used to. So that was a big factor. When he told me that, I kind of was like, damn, why did he just tell me that, you know what I mean, because I'm thinking I'm about to come back, bounce back just like I always did. But he was like, you got to think about it's gonna be a little different for you. Your heal process is just a little different. And then now it's sat in reality set in After that fourth game, I'm like, God, damn, my leg hurt. Oh it's not healing. It's not feeling better, you know what I'm saying. So now I gotta start thinking about what's next? What's the next chapter? Did I think I was gonna get cut?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: You know, sometimes you feel like a lot of stuff that you do for the organization, the teams that they may overlook some things, but when you're making a lot of money, it's a business. And I know, like, okay, we got to figure out a way to either make him take a pay cut or get rid of them. And you know, I didn't know what what was in my bucket. But when that time came, yeah, I was I was terrified. I was scaring.
Speaker 5: You. Though I made money, it's still a point of you're young.
Speaker 6: How much? How long would that this money last? You know what I'm saying. You got to cut a lot of stuff out. You gotta change your life a little bit. And and that's the sad part. Some people can't do that because they want to live that lie. They want to still act like they got money. They want to steal like they on top. Because when you've been in a college level or an NFL level. You have so much given to you, you have so much told to you. You are looked up by your family members, your friends, that community came from that you don't even know how to tell them, Oh, I'm I'm doing I'm doing bad. I'm not good with money. I don't know how to do this, I don't know how to control this. I don't know how to speak to somebody about my emotions. These are things that as athletes, it's very tough for us to do, and the results are terrifying because if you.
Speaker 4: Don't mind, obviously don't you don't need to say any names.
Speaker 3: But you talk with guys all the time that go through like a lot of this transition and identities that we're you know, a lot of for most guys, like yeah, fourteen years you kind of knew, okay, business kind of takes over.
Speaker 4: You go from superstar to now you're going to.
Speaker 3: Try outs and realizing like, hey, I ain't got people know me as Delaney Walker. But obviously you know, it's just different now I'm getting in these lines, running these route blah blah blah blah blah. But for a lot of guys like you just don't even get a call again. And then you're on the phone with dudes who are struggling, like talk about some of those.
Speaker 6: That's the tough part because you know, they when we reach out to them, they not expecting it.
Speaker 5: They don't know why we're calling them.
Speaker 6: It's just we give them a call all and sometimes, you know, I feel like they've been waiting on that call.
Speaker 5: They've been waiting on a call.
Speaker 6: If it's not from a teammate, from a person who played in the level, somebody who been where.
Speaker 5: They've been, they wait on that call.
Speaker 6: Because it's almost like players is almost like owners in some spec because it's like, once we stop playing with that guy, we don't communicate with them.
Speaker 5: It's like, what have you done with for me lately? Why wouldn't league? Yeah, that's the business.
Speaker 6: That's the business, And it almost trickles down to the players because then we don't even communicate with guys we play with, we call brother, we love, we die with you get you know what I'm saying. If we die, we die, like we don't even call them dudes that we've been in the trenches with, and then it's always too late, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: When we hear, oh, man he killed hisself, or man he in a mental hospital?
Speaker 5: Are he doing really bad? Like this?
Speaker 6: Them are the times where we'll be like, damn, I should have called him, but now we can't do that just as friends, as brothers, as players, And that's where I feel like we don't do a good job at all as a whole, as football players, as an organization, because these are the things we need to do. We have to reach out to players, because we do not know how players are feeling, how they're doing.
Speaker 5: Because they're not going to tell you. They want to tell.
Speaker 3: You get to a point of like being probably like embarrassed or ashamed, and you're not even want to reach out, and like you were saying, like admit to being vulnerable, like hey, I have no fucking clue what I feel right now and it's not going well.
Speaker 6: And half of us don't like doing that. We don't want to be embarrassed, especially by our peers. Orked him to find out like, oh, you made this much money and you broke like that shit hurts, you know what I mean. So they will keep it down, keep it inside where they can't swallow it no more. And the only way they know that they can get money for somebody or they got to die or they got to go down that road, and that it's just tough man, you know, dealing with players and talking to players and just hear and some of the things. It's just it's sometimes it's tough and it's a bad situation. But again that's when that's why I'm a legend coordinator. We're trying to change that stigma. We're trying to make sure guys know they can reach out to players like myself, other players just if you need some wanted to talk to, because sometimes it just feel better for a player to talk to another player and not a dude with a suit.
Speaker 5: You get what I'm saying, right, right, right?
Speaker 6: And then they know you can understand because we all went through something.
Speaker 5: We all have some type of fucked up, up.
Speaker 6: And down that we can experience that that person may relate to that may change his point and thought on making a bad decision that day.
Speaker 3: Right, and then when it gets too late, like you said, guys want to talk about it, but also they're they're not as equipped because to have the skill set to communicate everything else. Because we identified our entire lives and careers as football players. It's like you It's like, you know, we obviously we got to play a kids game and play and earn a lot of money, and very grateful and all the greatest things, like when we got to live out our dream. But when you're say, I started playing in second grade with flag football and everything else, and from an early age, I wanted to be an NFL player. I wanted to be this like everybody wants to be a professional athlete. And for essentially, I don't know how, I don't know how old we are in second grade. Let's just say like eight years old. Yeah, you go from eight years old all the way up to then I get out of college at twenty three. For all those years I'm identifying as getting to play this game for a short period of time nine years, I'm thirty something years old when that time ends. In that my entire life, I've been wrapped up in the identity of a football player. And for most guys, you again you don't get that call or you get cut and you're still training. You kind of don't know when to let it go because you think you're going to get back in the league, and then when it's too late.
Speaker 4: You kind of just whether you're embarrassed or shame whatever it is, but.
Speaker 3: You didn't pour into those skills that help you adapt and transition to that next to that, next, that next aspect of life. And I feel like, guys, that's why it's so important to take everything serious and not just football. It's like Dion, he was just going on in on his team about being lazy in class, being disrespectful to the teacher, and he was kind of going in but giving him game like this is not you guys don't realize the reality of this situation is only a few of you guys are going to play, maybe a couple depending on what locker roreum, maybe none. Like you might get a crack at go being on draft or get a crack at doing a rookie mini camp or this that, but you're going to have to transition and go on to the next thing. And if you're not taking advantage of it now, like on scholarship, with all the resources in support these these colleges have for the athletes now, especially with nil money. It's like I was talking to somebody out of practice and we brought up the ESPN thirty to thirty broke. It's like seventy to eighty percent of football players will be bankrupt within five years out of league.
Speaker 4: We're talking about grown men that make a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Now you're making this money as a college kid, Like, don't act like and pretend that you're going to have it all figured out or you're figuring it out with your nil money coming in, whether it's taxes, whatever the case may be. So you need to do everything you fucking can to pour into those resources you do have because the game ends that I'm telling you, it doesn't matter how long you play. You were kind of alluding to with your you had an incredible career, but the doubt and everything that kind of creeps in of like, Yo, what am I going to do next?
Speaker 4: I've been saying all this, Oh, don't want to do real estate? Do I want to coach, don't want to do this.
Speaker 3: I got podcasting written down and stuff, And I'm glad that this has worked out, but it wouldn't happen unless like the intention of like being serious of hey, this is going to end soon. I really got to start figuring this shit out and do not wait until it's too late.
Speaker 6: And it's funny you say that because as NFL players, we kind of have that thought, but at college players that's not even a thought. No, they don't even think about that because in their mind is I'm a football player, I'm going to the NFL, and it's a shocker.
Speaker 5: When they don't go, it's a shocker.
Speaker 6: And that's the tough part because now nil deals these catches getting money, like like you said, Dion, talking about disrespecting the teachers, not being lazy in class. They already think they paid. They already think they're celebrities. They got commercials, they getting paid like in they mind. It almost takes away from really being a Scott a student athlete because you're still a student athlete, not a you know, athlete at school, you are a student.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The saying too is like student athlete, like you're you're there, Hey, student athlete comes first year student first.
Speaker 5: But everybody kind of knows the underline tone like we're here to be athletes. We're here to be athletes, and that's where they go wrong.
Speaker 6: And you know, I'm in that same boat I should have took now you know, obviously I'm older and I experienced a lot. Sometimes I wish I would have took school more seriously, you know what I mean, I found a major that really would have worked for me after school, because most of us choose a major just so we can get good grades to play sports, because that again, like you said, sports is our identity.
Speaker 5: We want to be football players.
Speaker 6: We assume we're going to play in the NFL because we go to Nebraska, we go to Georgia, we go to Alabama. They assume I'm getting drafted just because you know what I mean, I play for this school.
Speaker 5: But the sad story is it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 6: And then when you don't have when you don't have nothing to fall back on, all you can do is talk about your glory days, well when I was here, when I did this, But what you're doing now, right, And then that hurts, you know, that hurts when you hit somebody that because now you're being real set up, you know, keeping they ego up, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you was a.
Speaker 6: Beast, you was dead, da da dah, But that was twenty years ago. Yeah, like what you're doing now? Yeah, Like what have you done to made you more talkable now?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 5: But you see players they don't understand that. And then when you do be real with them.
Speaker 6: They may cut you off for being too real because you he too real, he being too honest with me. I need someone to kind of help me gld my glory days. And I come across a lot of people like that too, and you know, I'll try to be as honest as I possibly can. Like shit, it's over with for you, Like come on, man, what you got going next? But again, you gotta kind of gotta know who you're talking to. You gotta fill him out because this is a tough subject. And as we see, you know, players just taking their life left right.
Speaker 3: And it's because there's been a couple over the years where somebody's in prison, like hey, so and so, so and so seeing if anybody can get him a phone.
Speaker 4: He just got out of prison, he wants to communicate.
Speaker 5: Blah blah, And it's just like, man, what in the robbing people doing fraud?
Speaker 6: Like it's because again, you know what I mean, It depends on what level you was at, matching being in NFL, you was making hundreds and thousands a week. To get cut, You'll never find a job up like that where you get to go out play a kids game and get one hundred and some thousand dollars check a week.
Speaker 5: They need they look for that. Etch I need that fast money.
Speaker 6: I can't work for somebody for fifty thousand a year doing all this crazy work, to staying after work doing put it in the hours.
Speaker 5: They don't want to do that right because then.
Speaker 3: Nor do they want to listen because people come in and kind of talk with us like you're you're on that side of now with the PA. How many times are people coming in it's right after practice and you're just thinking like, oh hurry this fucking met yeah, versus like understanding that, hey, this is actually useful shit you need to listen to.
Speaker 5: You go need it with it's all set and it's so crazy, like because they do this every year. We know I've been sitting and you setting the rooms. I sit in the room. They try to feed you all the information.
Speaker 6: They can't because they know they on our time and we want to go and they try to do their best jobs even though we give it, we hassle them, they try.
Speaker 5: We give them hell, We give them hell, and they only.
Speaker 6: Trying to do They trying to crown a two hour to our information into forty five minutes because us it's because of us.
Speaker 5: It's not the coaches, because.
Speaker 3: Of what the stats show. Yeah, because what the data says, like y'all need a fucking yeah.
Speaker 5: We need this. You will be your mind will be blown.
Speaker 6: When dudes retired, they don't know how to access anything and everything they done gave to us, all these numbers, all these emails, da, no one writes them down.
Speaker 5: No one cares because they like that. Ain't me.
Speaker 4: They think it lasts forever, they think it last.
Speaker 5: Way, I'm gonna be an NF. They just want.
Speaker 3: They don't need it yet because I'll look at thinking I'm up to speed with some of the education. There's been times where you're telling me some of them, oh damn, we can do that, Oh damn, we can do that, And you just don't know all.
Speaker 5: The research that are available. And it's so many, it's so many.
Speaker 6: And I was bad at it too because I was the dude like, hey, speed this up, because I was a leader.
Speaker 5: On the team.
Speaker 6: So I'll be like, yo, speed it up, like get it, let's get it over with. We got to be back up up here in six hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I look back and when I talk to them, guys, I'd be like I always say I'm sorry because I was that guy, you know what I mean, And I didn't get all the information that I needed. But luckily the NFL reached out to me, and now I see all the information that's out there, and I kind of be like, God, damn, damn. We got to change the way we think as players just because we want to go home. We don't want to hear the information that benefits us.
Speaker 3: Right because we're thinking whether it's for cover or just going home to get on the game, whatever it is, whatever it.
Speaker 6: Is, because motherfuckers ain't going home to get on the playbook.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 6: Go home and get something else. But you know, hopefully you know that changes. We're trying to figure out ways to make it more where guys can take it in.
Speaker 5: We try.
Speaker 6: We're trying to make it where they can take all the information that they need, but give them time to feel like they have their own time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's how do you get this information? How do you deliver in a way that can get them sparked and interested? Yeah, versus like, Yo, we gotta get in and get out of this thing.
Speaker 6: Well, now I just tell them, money, man, you leaving money on the motherfucking table.
Speaker 5: Anytime you don't listen to.
Speaker 6: Us when we give you information, you're leaving money on the table, you know what I mean. Dudes I spoke to that didn't even access they line of duty because it was too late.
Speaker 5: They didn't know how that was.
Speaker 4: The one thing you was telling me about that. I'm like, oh, yeah, I gotta fucking.
Speaker 6: You gotta access it before it runs out. They have a time limit on the line of duty, and cats do not know that. They didn't even know that when they got out the lead. They could have been getting a check for seven years, and they struggled for those seven years. And then they hit me like, man, my boy told me he was getting line of duty, how can you help me out. I'll be like running your name, and then I'll run that name. They be like, well he missed it. I'm like, how the fuck I'm supposed to tell him that, you know, I supposed to sit here and tell this man he just missed out on seven years worth of money. Yeah, when he's telling me he's doing bad and he needs help, and then I can't do nothing about it because they like, well he missed it.
Speaker 5: That's not on us.
Speaker 3: Like, god damn it, just the thing is too like ultimately for everybody list like it's it's more common, it's more think. It's just it sucks and it's sad because we're in such an incredible spot for however long it gets to be, it's a short period of time. But again, whether you're sitting at a D one university on full scholarship right now, playing any sport, whatever it is, you're a young athlete and you're in a position to take advantage of resources and you don't do it, yeah.
Speaker 4: Then it's too late.
Speaker 6: But it also falls under categories though you gotta have three to four years under your belt.
Speaker 5: I mean playing that's NFL.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're fortunate enough to even make it to the next level, you to access even the benefits, you got to get to three or.
Speaker 5: Four to four years.
Speaker 4: But there's still resources of it.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was on Peace Squad, like I was still get to listen and everything, Like I couldn't access for one care and nothing else. Yeah, but you're you're still trying to like take down whatever it is ever you need, you should get all Themation squad for one year.
Speaker 5: Like, but it's funny you say that the practice squad.
Speaker 6: The practice squad guys take down more information than anybody, cause it could be that.
Speaker 5: This could be the only time we're getting any of this little bit of money.
Speaker 6: There you go, and it's it's sad because they have the most information to try to access everything, but it'd be like, damn, you only play two credited seasons.
Speaker 5: I know, damn.
Speaker 6: Like it hurts because they really do all the research, they have all the information, and then it's just be like, why can't I access this?
Speaker 5: And like, look how many credit seasons? You fuck? You still gotta cook you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, either didn't get it or hey, you got a couple more, like you gotta make the team.
Speaker 5: You gotta get two more? Bro Like are you?
Speaker 6: But you know again, they do have resources, but you don't get them benefits that you will get if you did three or four years credit is sea and what that changed? No, the NFL ain't dumb. They know half the people won't get to four years. They don't want to be paying everybody who steps for in the NFL. You may because you probably was there for ten days. Yeah, cut, and you think you're gonna go get a line of duty like, no, you get what I'm saying, Like, so sometimes you got to be realistic. You get some cats that'd be like I was there, I got hurt. I mean, did you play a game?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Preseason? That ain't a game.
Speaker 3: Athletes man take advantage of the place, the opportunities that we get because we get such a head start on life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we piss it away. We do piss it away. And we see we're starting to see a lot. And obviously not everybody, but it is more common then we all want to sit here and ad mid way. More common even on times when I'm not.
Speaker 3: When I you know, I was time we were talking about the line of duty earlier, I'm unaware of something that happens. I just think to myself like fuck, man, I don't know how did I miss that? Like you feel kind of dumb, like, man, w what was that?
Speaker 4: What am I doing?
Speaker 3: Why am I not taking time to really try to turn over every stone before it's too late?
Speaker 6: And they got sites, they got apps. We don't access none of them. They come here and be like download this app. You see no one does it.
Speaker 3: No one.
Speaker 5: They be like, hey download this app. Ok. Yeah, they'll be like cool, cool, cool.
Speaker 6: No one downsloads because if you download that app, it will tell you how much for one K got you got?
Speaker 5: When can you access is how much this?
Speaker 6: This? That what benefits you can access with your credited season. But that's what my calls are. Our call dudes like, Bro, we don't see you on the app. You've been retired for four years.
Speaker 5: Get on it. Oh man, what's the app? I'm like, Bro, I'm gonna send you the app again. I emailed you.
Speaker 6: I did this the NFL emails everybody. I'm sure you still you get stuff from the NFL, And unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I just glance and I don't p attention that I need to be attending to it.
Speaker 6: That that's the comments I get people. I'm like, I emailed you, Can you send it again? I put it back at the top of my inbox. You're trying to scroll from I can't find out you sure you sent it? Like, Bro, we sent it, Mitch, you've been talking to Taylor. We're actually uh. That was It was a necessary conversation because some of this stuff.
Speaker 3: You just get surprised by the situations these athletes get into and you're just like, man, take advantage of where you're at you legit don't know it is gonna end at some point.
Speaker 5: It's definitely and it's going to end sooner than you think.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where they're like even getting the play, aslong as it still ended sooner, it still was like, oh damn that that was.
Speaker 4: I was in college over a decade ago.
Speaker 5: Some people looking at the cat.
Speaker 4: Who was sitting in my seat. I'm like, I sat right in there.
Speaker 3: The wind in Nebraska, that cold wind that hit you in the mouth walking to the lunch room.
Speaker 4: I know what, I know that feeling, motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: But some of them, dudes, that's the only feeling they gonna get is Nebraska. They want to make it.
Speaker 2: But you was just there.
Speaker 4: You see everything that you can access.
Speaker 3: While you're there, you see all the people treat you like what you could all everybody can get to know the network you can build.
Speaker 6: But a lot of people don't like taking advantage of those type of situation. They feel like, oh I'm changing, I'm this, I'm being there where they want to.
Speaker 3: Be in the plan a, which again, it isn't a bad thing, but at the same time, you still gotta you still gotta be weary of all shit can change very true.
Speaker 4: We got the boys zooming in or face himmon in.
Speaker 5: Oh man in your seat, bruh.
Speaker 7: We might got to do a content thing with Delaney where he just gives three three things that NFL players can access. Just a quick, smart, sixty second digestible video.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, maybe they'll catch it on Instagram scrolling. Oh damn, I can do that DM DM Delaney Walker.
Speaker 5: No, don't DMN me, NFL baby.
Speaker 4: I remember what's up. That's fine. Whatever you get them on. Just let us know how long do you have for line of duty to access it.
Speaker 6: I want to say, I think you have seven years, seven or eight years? I think you have access. Yeah, seven eight year window.
Speaker 3: It's generous, generous, broy dog the benefits program if you get vests and everything else, we have an incredible retirement program. Even just even thinking about how important it is to take your craft on and off the field seriously at a young age, like I'm talking these collegues, like hearing the Dion stuff, thinking about the Kenny Wilson stuff. I remember BO had us in a meeting because dudes are sleeping in class or and Bo he had a list because all the teachers would email him.
Speaker 4: You had a list He's like.
Speaker 5: He'd be like, uh, Ricky t Nars sleeping in class.
Speaker 3: He's stand up. She was ass out, like, guys, I'm not here to babysit you. You're gonna do it all the time. You're gonna do it none of the time. You don't just show up on Saturdays, and I'm not here to hold your fucking hand. Like we had class checkers.
Speaker 5: All of it.
Speaker 3: Bro. He'd be like, I didn't come here to win nine fucking games and chuck a water bottle at the wall like chew us out, bro, Like like the same stuff that Dion and appreccause that stuff is so real.
Speaker 6: I mean, but that also carries on, like what you do as an athlete carries on to that to the program, Like if they've seen you doing that, that makes look that makes Deon look bad because it's like, well, it's Deon not policing his students. Is he not policing his athletes? So I get that, like because I remember one time when I got yelled at in school. I'm like that, let me let me turn around. You supposed to be our star player, you failing classes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, when you're a coaching sensing all these homes and tells that their parents are intrusting you to lead.
Speaker 5: Them the right way.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you gotta you gotta, you gotta be hard.
Speaker 6: You have to be harder to have because, yeah, when I sat at your table, y'all laughed jokes to.
Speaker 5: Get you here, you here now? Yeah, yeah, it's trying to turn this ship up.
Speaker 2: Get out of my seats, okay, to do it.
Speaker 5: Before you we got off said thanks for the seat. Guy.
Speaker 2: What's the boys been up to you? Hunt?
Speaker 3: We're traveling. We were just in Nebraska. It was a great trip. Yeah, I mean you know in Nebraska.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: By the way, your eyes look amazing.
Speaker 2: Thanks dude. I I the reason why I was so late is because I was setting up some lighting to my beautiful view to make sure that you can say that will compliment to me. So thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a nice little room you got there. You gotta see something.
Speaker 2: Nice right there. Those sheets I've been through.
Speaker 5: Hell, you got some on your face? What's that?
Speaker 2: That's that's white people's skin. Brother, That's how it works. We get pink and we get tangalanna. You don't know about that.
Speaker 5: How is it out there?
Speaker 4: How is it out there? In the jungle, dude, it's.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to get to the point where I'm ready. I'm ready to come home. Oh, the first couple the first couple of weeks, it was like super exciting and new things are happening left and right. And now I've like kind of gotten to the point where like I'm like, I'm getting better at what I'm doing, so I like it's not as like stressful anymore, and therefore I'm getting I'm just getting poquito board.
Speaker 5: I'll put how's how's your Spanish coming?
Speaker 2: I see, I see, you know, I go, dude, I'll tell you what. I was actually just down at the breakfast spot here and I get the same thing every day, a ros for those of you to eat Spanish, it's chicken and rice. And the problem with the people in Mexico City is when you say one good, like one nice little snippet of Spanish, they all of a sudden thinking, oh, this boy's got it, and they start ripping. It's just start rolling the ours everywhere. So I've been having a hell of a time down here just trying to get anything done.
Speaker 6: So or or do you have to speak Spanish the whole time? And you can speak English most of the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, I'm Delaney. I'm in the weirdest like cultural situation of my entire life. Like half of the people literally there's there's one other American out of four hundred people at this entire thing, and then like the other one hundred and ninety nine are Mexican and the other two hundred are British. So literally, I'm just getting peppered with like British lingo and I'm getting peppered with Mexican Mexican Spanish lingo. So it's like it's a different world, man, it's a completely different world.
Speaker 4: Do you find yourself your accent changing up every now and then around the Brits?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. You know Jerry Aymes, we if he comes out, how would there love y'all?
Speaker 5: Row?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What were done in today? We'll go in?
Speaker 6: Oh was do that?
Speaker 2: And then we'll do this? Yeah okay, And actually there's been a couple of British guys. Hey, mate, your action is pretty good. Actually you should work on that. It's nice.
Speaker 4: Hey, it does sound like it, but I have been practice.
Speaker 2: There's this dude named Josh and if I could just explain Josh, everybody, if they just closed their eyes real quick, if you took somebody put about fifty to sixty pounds on Johnny Depp and then put them in a room and made them watch only Pirates of the Caribbean movies for like three years. This is this guy. Man, he's got that suave charismatic He also sounds like the dude from Flight of the Concords, like, and he's like, he's the dude that's kind of running the floor of everything we're doing. And this dude, he's the fucking man. But he's like, he's like a Jason Momoa Johnny Depp mix with an art. He lives in Argentina, but he was born in Britain. He's got this very unique cocktail of a voice. It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Are you able to tease anything that is happening that?
Speaker 3: Because I know, hey, listen, we'd be dumb if we didn't see somebody heat that the boy's been taking about all the everything else, And it just sucks that we're not able to. I just I'm just like, hey, I'm telling you, like, it's it's dope. It's gonna be dope. It's gonna be dope.
Speaker 2: You know what the problem is with the catching all this heat is is when I start catching the heat, I'm like, either the thing I'm doing is not as cool is when it comes out.
Speaker 5: Now I'm like, I'm telling you, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, like, Yo, this dude's doing a movie that cool.
Speaker 7: It was like some like it was that.
Speaker 2: I feel like you guys will find out. Don't worry, it's not as cool as a movie. I can tease that it's not scripted. I'll say that it is. It's uh it, dude, it is cool, though, I think like this thing that I'm doing, it's so it sucks so bad not being able to just say what I'm doing because you know how ideas work, you know how this this world works. But like it is, Uh, it's just a unique thing that I've never done before, and it's been it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Any idea then the time like whether it's this year, at any point this year we might be able to start talking about or is it we got to keep our mouths shut until this is like this.
Speaker 2: Is like a Q two of twenty five.
Speaker 5: D jeez, I will you get to the Spring Tour next year?
Speaker 3: And get to play in the jokes that you'll actually be on the spring tour. We still won't even know what's happening. What happened? Uh at this point, I know, but.
Speaker 2: I do want thank you for the opportunity to once again apologize to the fans. Dude, what a shitty job I did about being transparent with the fans. Just all of a sudden, Ninja smoked everybody and dipped out of here. What a terrible look.
Speaker 4: We handled it very poorly. We handled it.
Speaker 5: But here's what we did do.
Speaker 3: We we took for granted how loyal our audience is and treating them like a partner in this whole thing, thinking like, Okay, this.
Speaker 4: Will be you know, this will just be easy.
Speaker 3: You know we we we've done episodes without it before, We've had to switch stuff up before, Like, surely it won't.
Speaker 4: We won't have the backlash that we did face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think you and I just like reflected back on like when I was playing football, Like, oh so I didn't really do the podcast like six months at a time, no one's going to care about this, blah blah blah blah. And you're right, I think we I think I keep saying we it's truly me Like this is where ladies and gentlemen, you're getting a perfect dose of why will compimated fifteen years in the NFL locker room. Guy, I'm just always falling on the sword. Oh over, Shawn Evans. He missed the tackle. We missed the tackle. That's what he's talking about right here. I listen, Ah, fucked up. I should have done a better job of telling the people. Listen, I'm going to do this thing that I can't really talk about. I'm not going to be on the screen to it for the first couple of stops, but I will be at University Alabama. I announced that, Yes, you're still gonna come though, right.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Hey, Taylor, one thing that we found to be a successful as Coach Rule. He joined us and I postedly go with photos. I don't know how much you've gotten to see from Nebraska, but they had the chairs set up and we kind of sat down and ran like a little podcast and had conversations. It was really cool with Coach Rule, like he's telling stories and you could just tell the I don't know.
Speaker 4: I liked it a lot, so to the point of Delanney coming.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we could have some good conversations with the boy or whoever might be joining us.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's whatever y'all want. I just don't you know, I know it works better. I mean when y'all interview the coaches and stuff, y'all do the live show. I can always come on on stage with the live show, but I feel like when y'all do the interview, it kind of works better with two, which is Shaw too, Like, I'll.
Speaker 4: Be, well, the live show, you could come for the you come for the fun.
Speaker 5: No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you for fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, because I feel like the interviews, I mean, I'll come and do all of that stuff with y'all, but I think when y'all do that sit down or two with the interviews, it kind of works with two, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could go Taylor and I for the interviews, and Jack. We could find the role for Delaney. He could be the question guy for like the social media stuff hit him with, like the funk questions with the athletes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean something like that or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do what do any saying right now does make sense because they can get even hair with just me, and you will sometimes like, yeah, people, two chefs trying to make a pot together.
Speaker 5: Alone three delay field a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the lady to be totally honest to you, I don't I don't care if you do anything. I just want you to go to Alabama because I want a classic little one walker night.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get Tennessee with the boys. Yeah, I'm trying to get out there, be in Tuscaloosa. Talk a little trash to the frat boys about how they couldn't beat the University of Mission. They get mad. I pulled back and then start giving them compliments, and we started doing this this little wave thing with each other. Then all of a sudden, we're throwing up in a parking lot.
Speaker 6: That's what I want that I'm with all of that. That's why I say I definitely come for sure. I want to see how they turn up.
Speaker 3: And now we'd be in the interviews, Taylor, and you know sometimes like I'll like ask something then when my brain will just start to slow down, and I would sit in the middle and then I would just look from the coach or the player and then I would just turn to Delaney being like, well, Delanny, what you got?
Speaker 5: What you got? I'm like, okay, here we go, Yeah, hey, Delanney.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with Will Man. Sometimes sometimes you got you you get to touch flow state with Will where you know your next question up. But sometimes when Will sit in the middle, you just always everything in your head.
Speaker 5: What's the next question?
Speaker 2: As soon as that as soon as that head starts to do this, you're like, yeah, well will I have We've established quite the situation where I'm starting to know Will. We'll start to do We're like, hey, our brains aren't working anymore.
Speaker 5: We go out, Well that's how I be here. I'll be on point when I see him by the turn I jump on. But when I didn't have nothing, he'd be like, what you got? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know how the second goes off in my head. But one time there wouldn't even be nothing after the second one off. I'd just be like, you gotta know you got anything.
Speaker 5: You'll be like what you got? Yeah? So I know you you know what I mean. But it worked. It worked out on the live show though, he'd be like, I ain't got nothing entertain him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, so he'll just do that and there's like three hundred people looking at and you're like, yeah, I just wanna hear the story. But my mom, yeah, it's like I don't know what to.
Speaker 4: Say off that.
Speaker 3: The lady when she was handing me the mic, she's like, hey, no licking the mic this time, and I'm like, Micha last side.
Speaker 4: She's like, remember that story that Taylor told us, Like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 6: She's like, you licked it. Like I didn't lick it. She said, I took the photos last year.
Speaker 5: I have proof.
Speaker 2: It's like, ye did get out there, man, that photo did get out.
Speaker 5: There in the uh in the in the spirit of busting with the boys, do you have any you have any shot out?
Speaker 4: No free shoutouts?
Speaker 2: You have anyh yeah, I got a shout out, no free shout out. Let me let me think real quick. For whatever reason, I came on my show and just forgot about the things you do, dude, shout out, no free shout out. Mexican street dogs. There these fucking dogs.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I I literally where we're doing this thing that I can't talk about. It's literally an hour and a half outside of Mexico City in the in the mountains. Like we know about the sticks of Nashville, Tennessee and the sticks of the South where it gets a little toothy. This is a whole different world, brother, This is like, this is it's crazy out here. But on every street corner there's like three or four dogs just kind of like essentially panhandling, asking for scraps. And I was looking. Was talking to some Mexican do with some broken English, and he was he We eventually got to the point where he told me that these street dogs have now understood that they have to be good boys to get food. If you're not a good boy, you die. So literally, every single street dog that I've met have been the nicest, like almost like out of the box well trained dogs I've ever met my entire life.
Speaker 3: Like you think yourself, You think to yourself, like, oh, did I live with you at some point in time and trained you to and train you to be this good dude.
Speaker 2: There's a dog named Paso. I named him Payso, and he is like this, this brown probably we'll call him, thirty five pounds, short haired guy. He got some ouchie hips. And the first day I meet him, I feed him a little food and then he's like we've established a little bit of a bond where when I get to set, he knows he has like a sixth sense. He'll be outside my trailer and then all of a sudden, I'll open my doors up and he can't get up the stairs. So I'll pick him up and put him on my trailer and I have like chicken breast for him.
Speaker 5: We hang out.
Speaker 2: This dude can sit, he can stay, he can say fastil ikey I keep and he comes over no problem.
Speaker 3: Like he is.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's the sweetest boy in the world. He's such a sweet boy.
Speaker 5: You're not worried about ticks and shit and fleas street dog.
Speaker 2: But you know me, Dalam, I'm a dirty boy.
Speaker 6: That I do.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Every time I put my hands on that dog, I don't touch my face or nothing until I get some cloox, because I did on accident one time, and I looked at my fingers and you know when you get like the that grummy under the nails. It was like immediately the minute I touched the dog, my whole hand was just disgusting. Yeah, so yeah, yeah, it's it's It's scared me a little bit and people getting sick at here, left, right and center, like people are getting like altitude poisoning, food poisoning. It's like here fighting your fight.
Speaker 4: Are you ever unsafe? Are you ever in any unsafe situations?
Speaker 2: I think I'm I'm sixty percent safe every day at all times. The place I'm staying, it's like in a area. Like my driver, Miguel, who's an absolute Beautaian, speaks amazing English. He's like, yeah, I don't know why I put you guys in here, Like this place is not safe. So I literally I do not leave the hotel. I come to my room, I go to sleep, I beat, and then I go kick and workout in the morning, and then I go all day and do whatever I'm doing on that Uh in the mountains.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't have armed security yet they'll do no there.
Speaker 2: They have armed security.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: If we the things we're doing, if we go past ten pm, we have an armed caravan drive us back to the hotel.
Speaker 5: Hour and a half.
Speaker 2: We were we were driving, so we like literally like the way we travel is is like asphalt to gravel that's like been drawn on, driven three times. Like there's like these huge divots and who like the cort might breakdown at any moment type stuff. And then you start to get into the city and there's always like this one turn with this gas station, and one day there was like forty cop cars and I'm like, yo, what's going on over there to Miguel, my boy, and He's like, oh, probably a shooting does happen a lot around here, if the cartel is really big in this area. I'm just thinking, what am I fucking doing here?
Speaker 3: I know, like Taylor would be a target. He's like six seven. Look at this American guys. Yeah, if he's got his chains and stuff on, like, he could.
Speaker 5: Easily be you. You didn't, but you didn't bring the roly.
Speaker 4: You know he's got the roly somewhere.
Speaker 2: I wear I wear that watch every single day.
Speaker 4: Your walking target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, it was a little heavy when I picked it up too.
Speaker 4: How's it been being a uh uh being away from the fam? I know it sucks.
Speaker 3: Talk about being a uh FaceTime dad right now, because I was at your party, by the way, great Easter party. I know you saw your boy take the gold. Hopefully we'll have to check the table, but gold or silver in the sack race?
Speaker 2: Have we decided before I get to my family, have we decided whether or not you won.
Speaker 5: That because you failed.
Speaker 2: When I was the phone with tailing, she said, you lost by a hair, but you looked like an elegant dolphin out of the water in sea World when you were when you were floating across.
Speaker 5: Helen had a good view.
Speaker 3: She got to see the kid who is like God started to get a little scared. When I started to really pick it up. She had a good spot. And it hasn't been talked about, but I truly feel like I might. I wouldn't edge that out if it feels.
Speaker 5: Like an I think he beats you. You dove at the end, he was coming across.
Speaker 2: You can die. You can die. You did almost that kid out. But my family, listen, my family is so annoyed with me calling every time. I mean, well, we we've talked to the phone, like my cell service is not great. Luckily this is working out for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: I thought this is going to be a horrible situation. But when I call my I literally on days like today, I don't shoot till like nighttime, and so I was shoot from like I have to leave here at five. I'll get done a like eleven pm, but like from now till five, I got nothing to do and nowhere to go. So I'll call my family like thirty times a day, and eventually Tan's like, listen, we do miss you, my brother, we're doing stuff too.
Speaker 5: It's like you're like, set me by the tree, just set the phone down by the tree, just let me walk.
Speaker 2: Literally tell them, will be like, uh, all right, honey, we're gonna go do x NZI. Oh, just put me in your pocket, sweetie, Like I'm just gonna roll with you guys for a little bit. I think I'm gonna come home and my family's no longer going to miss me, like I wudn't seen enough if you make thank.
Speaker 4: God you're home just so you don't have to call us today.
Speaker 2: Right right right. But it's been it's been hard. Like if it was up to me, I would be doing the thing I'm doing from like seven am to ten pm every night. That way, I don't think about it because days like today, when it's like I have nothing to do till later in the afternoon, it sucks because you just sit there and you're like, you know, I miss tailoring, and I miss the two girls and they're in Canada, and I'm like, damn, I just you know, all the Easter party happens, and then this happens. And then I'll look at Willow, look how big she's getting. It's like, how is she going this much in just a couple of weeks? And then and then I get sad boy. You know, I get sad boy on the bed by myself, and I'm like, man, and the boys out there, No, now they're in Alabama or not. Now they're in Nebraska. A rule, Who's who's a beauty? He's with them all the lingus. He's having a good time. So did I just get in this like this sad boy type of situation?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I bet, dude.
Speaker 4: But hey, they know you're crushing it out there.
Speaker 2: You Lucy, Uh huh Lucy. Lucy has been the only thing that's been keeping going. And also can I I know everyone's always like the ads, the ads. This shirt, dude, this is a true classic x L long. And I'm wearing some sweatpants too, but look how long that is. Bro talk about how comfortable they are, and it's like, do you see my shoulders? You tell me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I feel like I'm not even wearing a shirt, but it like grabs my chest and leut's a little bit out on the tummy, which is really nice for me because sometimes you put kitch your boy in on xcel it's very difficult. But bro, these shirts are unbelievable. And they're making me thirty six thirty six pants right now, which I can't wait because you know, I wear the same two pairs of pants every single day. It's gonna be nice to have a new, a new setup. So these Yeah, but these shirts are incredible. I'm so comfortable. I get compliments all the time on them. All of the time.
Speaker 3: I'm rocking a true classic as well. Right now, we got to get Delaney in the mix. We've been telling them about it. You know, they send us like three thousand to give out in Nebraska. They're all about They're all about passing them out in a free QR code. I'm telling everybody in line, like, hey, literally, free shirts, free merch.
Speaker 2: Free shirts. But look ad he asked for with that whether with a free shirt, It's that's ridiculous, right. One thing too now shooting slips and picks. I know, I'm jumping away back to the fall, Delaney said, he's got about one hundred snaps left in him. We all disagreed. I saw you guys in Nebraska do an inclined run. Yeah, And I think, for the first of my life, I saw a black guy get beat by a white guy.
Speaker 6: When have you ever seen me be a conditioning guy? That was like a conditioning edition talking about.
Speaker 2: We have one hundred reps in the NFL. He said you could go and suit up in the NFL and understands you can't do. You can't go up at hill twice.
Speaker 5: You gotta see this. Here it goes, it goes higher. Look after it goes saw the video. He didn't see the whole thing. He's good, He's got the train.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, he barely won. I had on heavy sweats, I had on air forces that was not tied. My man tied his shoes right before that because I thought it was him and Coach was supposed to get.
Speaker 5: Down and I've seen you.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna we're gonna run it again. We're gonna run it back in Oregon. We're gonna run something in Oregon. I don't know about. I'm just saying we're gonna run something.
Speaker 2: But funny twenty fifteen. Yeah, we're in New England. Zach Mettenberger throws a Shaller cross to you over the middle. You end up stiff arming two guys, hurdling guys and out running a dB into the end zone. Of course, we lost that game by twenty eight points, but that was the highlight of the season. We only won three games. Yeah, you're washed up. That's over, bro, Man, you can't. I will always like you know how. It's like, hey man, I hope I'm never in a wheelchair, so my kids don't see me in this way. I want them to always view me as a strong man, as my brother in arms who I've gone.
Speaker 3: To war with.
Speaker 2: I'll always view you as that Delandy Walker. But this the lady Walker. I got as old it.
Speaker 5: It made you say you're too slow.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, he came out and being truthful like, yeah, what I'm taking got me right.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I've seen it. He got him over the top. It's good.
Speaker 2: It's just he was a little say, and you know, I still got some juice, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you turned it on. Because I was like, hey, you turned it on.
Speaker 4: I feel what Taylor saying to like it almost. I was almost sad when I beat you, like damn.
Speaker 5: We one in one see out jumped you vert higher than yours. You beat me up at he'll climb, I give you that. It made me sad.
Speaker 6: We get your he'll climb next time. Next time we're doing coverage, we just look up to you, man, I know. But we're gonna do coverage though, Taylor, and you could beat the quarterback for Alabama. We're gonna do it at Alabama. Well, Taylor be the quarterback. We're gonna play cup both ways. You cover me once, I cover you once. So we got both opportunities.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah the.
Speaker 2: First tif you don't want the quarterback, I'll be I'll be the coach. You know what I no, you know I can't throw a ball like that like I want. I want to be fair for y'all, and so I want So what does this get the actual Alabama quarterback in there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'd be good, that'd be good.
Speaker 6: I'm about the route. I'm a about to bring shorts. Watch you think I'm playing.
Speaker 5: I came, I was up you.
Speaker 1: That's that's your ship talking to Will Goes.
Speaker 2: I'm not the route you go. I'm gonna wear shorts.
Speaker 5: He ain't wronged with nothing.
Speaker 2: If I got on some cream, I got on some clothes.
Speaker 5: Man, if I got some clothes, you ain't doing none of it.
Speaker 4: If I got on some clothes, dude acts like he had ten pounds of gear on.
Speaker 6: I had on them heavy ass sweats. I couldn't show. I couldn't even know heavy as sweats.
Speaker 5: Bro brouh. I couldn't even get no leg leg being in them things.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, it's always hard to watch these football players. Man, after it's over there and they still got it.
Speaker 4: It's just like you said, this is the Laney one.
Speaker 5: I don't have it. I know I could be will I don't need.
Speaker 4: Time for one thing.
Speaker 2: Fourteen years in the NFL, Lanny.
Speaker 5: Walker broken ankle ge hip dropp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that. I was there. I held you in my arms. I know you did because I got knocked you up, and then we had that long delay. Yeah, and then when you broke your leg, I went the X or right right. One of us was Ryan, Actually both of us are, and I held you right here.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be fine, right because I got we both was in there, geared up we was both hurt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I remember that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well before before de Lanny broke, was like we were in that first little like I don't know, one hour delay. We were outside and I like just got knocked out and I was kind of like walking around. I was like out in like the area where like the fans could look down and see you, and one fan, one fan started yelling at me. So I started yelling at the fan and started crying again, and he was like, man, what you doing?
Speaker 1: Come here.
Speaker 8: So sad?
Speaker 4: You don't say that, you start breaking down and crying.
Speaker 2: Boy, you're not good.
Speaker 11: You're not good.
Speaker 2: Start crying.
Speaker 5: I was ready to go home at that point. I did not want to play.
Speaker 4: We all, I think we all. I think we were all like, man, I hope this storm takes us, takes it down.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Nope. Seven hours later, Yeah, you ready to play? Yeah, I know y'all.
Speaker 2: I know y'all have talked about it, and I hate to bring up other things with this hip drop rule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where do we stand?
Speaker 2: I'll start with you.
Speaker 4: Will you know where I stand. I think it's a bad rule.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's a I think it's because in my opinion, it's gonna be something that continues to happen no matter what because it's not an intentional thing. And I think at some point in the year it's going to like cost it's going to like be a call that costs costs the game. Of course, gotta get like if you know you got the fines. I understand that we don't want to tackle in there, but it's not an intentional It's not an intentional tackle.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 3: It's it's just like targeting is like going high when they're doing all that stuff over the middle, like yeah, you're you're you're picking your shot, but this one is like, you know, you get Alstone Delaney, like you get beat on a quick step and you're all you're doing is trying to stop them from progressing forward anymore.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: I don't even though it took the end of my career, I'm still like I'm against it. I don't think that it should be a rule. Again, it's football. You sign up for football. Back in the day was get the guy on the ground. However you have to get him on the ground. I remember in the high schools like if you got rollers ankle, roll his ankle, it's almost like you're not trying to do it, but it happens in the game. I'm just trying to get you down. And I feel like this is gonna be a factor, Like you said, that will change games, that will be the This tackle will change winning games.
Speaker 5: I promise you that guys will have be leading down the field.
Speaker 6: They're gonna trying to stop them so they won't get in field goal position. Get this tackle fifteen yards put them in field goal position in the game right then and there. That's where I feel like it's gonna play a big part and the outcome of a lot of games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be rare, but once it happens, it's gonna be it's gonna blow up.
Speaker 6: We'll see after this. I mean, they said it's only for one year, right, this rule is only gonna be for one year.
Speaker 2: You know all new rules are under review. Yeah after one year. Yeah, I agree, I agree. You Like, I hate seeing obviously, like the landing, you going, you going down to other guys talking. We're like talking a lot about how this is hurting me. I missed six weeks because of this. I'm happy this rule's going. I think it's dumb. I think it's like the what they want, what they're trying to do is good, like keep everybody safe, right, but this is this is one of those things that's like you, this is your signing up for this. No one like he said, well, going high on a dude when he's not, he's defensives those types of things, fully understand. It's always good. I'm always a look back at those early two thousands highlight videos of the NFL when they're showing the trailers and be like, damn, that will never happen again. But like with the hip Drop, bro, the hip Drop is like it's gonna be It's gonna cause more problems than solutions.
Speaker 3: True, yeah, because it's like, yeah, yeah, it's just gonna be a tough rule. I do like to kick off the new kickoff rule though. I like the new kickoff kickoff return rule.
Speaker 2: I mean, explain to me that rule, like, so, how's it work?
Speaker 3: Essentially, like the kickoff team starts and what mits the forty five yard line? Is it the forty five? Yeah, and the kickers now kicking off. You have to kick it in the landing zone. So if you kick it out of the end zone or in the end zone. That's like, yeah, it's like a penalty against the kicking team.
Speaker 5: Or if it.
Speaker 3: Right, if they do a touchback, like you kick it out of the en zone, they'll get their touchback will now be at the thirty five. But if you do if you do one where it hits the landing zone and rolls into the end zone right, that would be a touch back to the twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be a touch back to the twenty. If it's like if it's one of those.
Speaker 6: He's got a land in a certain spot, you got like twenty five yards right.
Speaker 3: And the kickoff team can't take off until the ball is fielded until he catch it right right, So it'll be I think it'll.
Speaker 4: Be more of like an offensive and defensive play.
Speaker 3: Like I was telling to Laney, I wouldn't be surprised if there's like a couple a couple of starters in some of these situations like running a play back there, because I think it'll be more of like a strategic play.
Speaker 6: It's one on one blocking throughout people is one on one blocking. Everybody has a man you have to block them.
Speaker 3: So if you have like a maybe not like your best linebacker, but if you have like a starting linebacker out there, like a you're only covering for like twenty five yards. It's a faster play, like even guys who are blocking like you know, not saying you, but maybe like an athletic O lineman or a really good blocking tight end that starts that is that can block for like five seconds or a few seconds.
Speaker 4: It's like I could see those guys getting out.
Speaker 6: There, but down to me, I feel like that's gonna hurt our roster because if this does take off, now we don't need that many guys on a special team roster because again, like you said, if we put starters out there, how does that hurt the guys that were just making a team for special teams for kickoff purposes?
Speaker 3: I think it'll still be the same kind of cats. Like I think the guys who make it for special teams, those guys are there.
Speaker 5: They're you know how they are.
Speaker 4: I mean, you were one before you became like a superstar tight end like these are. You're you weren't.
Speaker 3: Just because this rule comes in place doesn't mean some other some linebacker was going to outplay you, because you still turn to film and you're still a demon covering kicks. And blocking and everything else. So I still think those guys will be on there. You know, it could just be spotty to where you don't have to have like four core guys that you might just have one or two instead of Hey, if you're backup, you got to play on every special Yeah yeah, okay that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and there's also like three other course of the special teams, right pine punt return, Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Still got punt return part return defense.
Speaker 6: Really you almost had your starters on pun return too, though, pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was not graduations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some situation. They didn't come out.
Speaker 3: I never got to be on punt return because they said, uh coach Awkoul always say my arms are too short.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, bro which I thought was so stupid.
Speaker 2: But hey, you know, get a little you got short arms though.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do.
Speaker 4: I do have short arms.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: But uh, hey, thanks for joining us, Broo. Yeah, I mean shit, Delaney and I went for I mean we probably how long we we're at an hour fifteen right now?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's up today? Who we got?
Speaker 4: Michael Bisbee? That'll be a fun one.
Speaker 2: That'll be a fun one. A great storyteller. All he was chirping himself, chirping his eye, his accents incredible to everyone's gonna really enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of charisma.
Speaker 5: He was falling, he was.
Speaker 2: He's a fun interview, which is, by the way, that's a key word with the British around here. They call it terras. Oh you have terrors, mate, Oh you go on max terrors right now?
Speaker 4: That seems like a nice little compliment. Maybe that's where risk comes from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're doing their thing right now. Anyway, boys, I love you boys in the back if you can hear me, I love you too. I miss you guys. I cannot wait to be back. Hold you guys in my arms, give you some love and go to Alabama with y'all.
Speaker 4: All right, brother, we love you too. All right, my guys, y'all see you later, he says, he loves and missage you boys. What else do we got? What else do we got on here?
Speaker 5: Where's my.
Speaker 4: My little papers right here? Should we hit it? Should we hit an ad read and have a little bit of fun with twisted question?
Speaker 5: Mitch? All right?
Speaker 3: Twisted Tea is a refreshing, hard iced tea made with real brewed tea and five percent alcohol full of flavor and very refreshing twist tea goes down smooth and there's no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. We had the twist he's flowing at this last live show. Oh wait, you did a great job on the chug off.
Speaker 5: I killed him. Yeah, you killed them, You killed them.
Speaker 3: I tried to giving somebody some mull being like, oh you still got something, but you were you crushed it.
Speaker 4: It is the perfect alcohol beverage for.
Speaker 3: Game day, whether tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home.
Speaker 4: Twist the Tea is there to turn up your game day.
Speaker 3: So keep it twisted with the boys and go grab a refreshing twist the tea today, Mitch, bring us a twist the question, bro.
Speaker 12: So, this question comes from a fan at the live show. He pulled up one for me and then I took a picture of it. But this is what he said, and this is what he wanted to ask them.
Speaker 5: Say, suspect is it because they was saying something We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Say if you're coming to the Alabama Live Show or in Nashville when we when we do that one, like come correct, correct? I mean it gets and listen, I understand the fan base that we've built, but it's all it's too much about dick suck.
Speaker 5: Yeah too much, Yeah, way too much.
Speaker 12: This one's kind of it's it's not in that realm, but it's kind of disgusting.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 12: Would you rather drink a cup of spit from someone who was chewing tobacco or make out with someone who has all of their teeth rotten?
Speaker 5: Oh my oh god. That is a good one though, It's just bad either way. Give me it's a drink after someone who's been dipping, or.
Speaker 3: Basically drink a spit cup or make out somebody with rotten teeth.
Speaker 10: How much are you drinking?
Speaker 5: You said, spit cup? All of like whatever their spit is.
Speaker 3: Like, this is bringing back a very bad memory because I accidentally took down I started drinking my dad's and I was so fucking mad because it was it was it was my place where when I was living off Charlotte.
Speaker 4: He had visited and he had like a oh my god, it makes you sick thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I was so like just pissed off, like God, damn it, you guys out there with your spit cups and everything else.
Speaker 4: You have to clean that shit up at all times. It should never be out there sitting.
Speaker 5: Loose all day. And when I was in college, every cup on the table spit in it. Give me a skank, dude, let me make out the skank.
Speaker 6: I'm a follow lead. I'm kissing rotten teeth. Yeah, hey, bad breath.
Speaker 3: Give me somebody sitting outside of cheap smokes looking for a little bit of cash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, throwing up either way. Yeah, but the cup Loki getting into it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you get a few twists, Yeah, yeah, you get a few twisted tea's in you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go hog hunting boys, That's what that's my answer. Yeah, I'm kissing what are you doing?
Speaker 5: What are you doing? Skank? Yeah? I love.
Speaker 3: I was just make all the skank, not even the rotten teeth anymore, Mitch, is anybody is anybody hitting the spit cup?
Speaker 10: The reason I asked how much would make a difference because.
Speaker 4: I have, let's say, and no free shoutouts to ethan rust, but let's just say it's up to here.
Speaker 5: That's too much.
Speaker 10: That is grainy, Like there's like it's like just more of the long cuts in there.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he took it out, just a couple.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of pieces.
Speaker 5: Oh, man makes me, Oh my god, it really does kind of make me a little.
Speaker 10: I've actually done it with that and like a cigarette ash, and that one was probably worse.
Speaker 5: Oh I can only imagine. So which one you going give me the skink?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Boy, oh, but I don't think I like that one. Hey, did you see the uh.
Speaker 13: Jack I'm making out?
Speaker 11: I've drank my own dip spit by accident while I was driving one time.
Speaker 13: And like, even just your own spit is foul.
Speaker 11: So thinking about another man's or woman's out there, and.
Speaker 4: It makes me nauseous thinking about that.
Speaker 13: Just yeah, it gives me the fucking chills.
Speaker 6: I don't even think I can just take a regular spitball in the mouth, like somebody just spit your chick, just spit in your mouth.
Speaker 4: It depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
Speaker 3: Maybe wow, you I would say no, but you just know, you know how you get a little animalistic when it gets crazy.
Speaker 5: I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Everybody out there nine nine percent of the time I would not do that. Yeah, yeah, oh fuck, did uh Jack? Just brought up, just brought the notes again. Did you see the uh Stefan Diggs going to Houston number one?
Speaker 5: Houston's lotus.
Speaker 6: I told you Houston is gonna be it. Well even the digs trade, But now with the digs trade.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you got what digs Collins, Dell, Dell, Noah Brown, John match you yeah?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: The squad running back, crowd dealing.
Speaker 9: Mix and peers, yes, Salt and Shoultz slow it calling it defense Ryan Head coach.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 5: A squad. I'm not gonna lie. I hate to say this because you know what division I'm all about with God damn.
Speaker 4: Might have to put the futures on them right now.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be tough do it. They probably lose, might have to put a future he said, they probably lose.
Speaker 4: Help us out?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I was thinking about going uh yukon to cover, but they were so it was so big. I didn't feel like that would help out too much. And I was just honestly, if I would have been on both those games, I would have lost both.
Speaker 4: But do you you guys covered right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Maybe I would have won that one.
Speaker 5: Then do you think he wanted that trade or do you think the bills was just like we had enough? Well? What was that? Was that trade? A little bit?
Speaker 4: A little bit of post on.
Speaker 3: Obviously they've had their situation so aut the last couple of years that you've heard about. But because you saw somebody say, can Josh Allen win without an elite wide receiver? I want to say that that whoever was tweeting about it was alluding to, yeah, he can still do it without a receiver, and Stefan replied underneath, like oh you think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like damn, man, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: What kind of relationship did they have?
Speaker 5: I feel like I don't really know.
Speaker 6: I don't know them personally, because if you're if you're if that's your man, is that your boy, you're not saying that, Yeah, you're not gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Or you might just say there's no doubt that he you know, he's a You might just say something that meant nothing at all, probably, but if you said anything, you'd probably be giving flowers.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, no, he can definitely ball with any he can spend with anybody, right that man, you may not mean it, but you you know, you're not gonna shoot at him, like take.
Speaker 3: That's right, Like unfortunately the business got in the way, but it had nothing. You know, you're kind of putting out that fire of that flame. But he kind of went like.
Speaker 6: Josh kind of was upset about the trade, though, felt like I feel like he was more upset about losing him than he was upset about leaving.
Speaker 10: Also lost Gabe Davis like two weeks.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's true. He losing everybody in their cats many straight up. Marvin Harrison, I think, what's the yeah, yeah, here, yeah, here it is.
Speaker 3: RG three had tweeted a Stefan Diggs essential to Josh Allen success.
Speaker 4: He has been since he got the Buffalo in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: They are better together than if Stefan Diggs and Josh Allen stay together with the Buffalo Bills this year, their championship window is wide open. And then somebody replied the peaky pirate. Does Josh benefit from having a top two receiver?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is he essential to his success?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: And then Stefan replied under that you sure, wow, is that really him? Yeah? Oh yeah, but you know he's out there. Look at that.
Speaker 4: He just got that focused at that little instinct that you know he sees everything.
Speaker 5: He keeps receives. Oh yeah, oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 6: He's a monster. Though, No, he gonna ball out over there in Houston. I'm just that's just what if they.
Speaker 10: Don't get him the ball that much because they have so many.
Speaker 4: People, it'd be a probably, I think it'd be an issue for Meigs.
Speaker 3: You look at it because he's with Minnesota right before that for a while and he was awesome for the majority of the time. The up trading him because there are some issues, right, you get the first the first time he was at Buffalo.
Speaker 4: He's crushed it every year he's been in there.
Speaker 3: He is an elite wide receiver, but he always seems to have a good splash positive first year because there's not a whole lot to be upset about yet. But as it gets going, I feel like the longer he says with the team, there's some of those little things. Yeah, and you understand the mentality is somebody who wants the ball, who's like an e lead player too.
Speaker 6: We not winning, give me the ball. But that's the problem. He going to a team that already got ballers. They were already they was balling before he got there. Yeah, he used to go on to teams where they not balling, and it's him. He's the man, right, he's the face. He needs the ball. Do Houston take that? If he doesn't get the ball, they now spreading it around. I mean, look what Houston has right now, Look what they did. Just what the guys they have, and they were injured most of the time, and then when the one guy was healthy, the other guy was injured, they really never played together. We'll see, you know, he's going to.
Speaker 3: A team that, like, obviously he's elite, he's every area, every team could use him. But he's going to a team that doesn't necessarily need him because we're a little slot. Because he'll outside. Yeah, but he'll be the guy. He'll still be the one.
Speaker 6: I mean, they'll is faster. Let's be real, he's faster. He a slot guy, but they're gonna have to move. Who's gonna go outside? Who's gonna play the Z?
Speaker 12: Nico, Nico, Nico, It'll be Nico Collins. You don't think Nico played the X. No, that's that's that normal way you put your better guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the X usually the big boy, and that's our receiver expert I feel you. So you think Digg's gonna be the I was an ex college you think, yeah, you were, man. You know why I say Digs don't not gonna be the X. The X guy usually the stationary guy. He's not the motion guy. Diggs like to move across. He likes to go across because he likes to get up and where they can't press him. He got that way to make all these option routes, to run that corner route. He loves to run so much.
Speaker 5: I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't they'll know what to do with them because they come from they come from that Niner system. They come from that philosophy, so you have all those different weapons, like they'll find they'll find ways.
Speaker 5: But I think he'll still be the guy. He'll still be the one.
Speaker 6: I feel like Colin stepped up so big last year that you have no choice to try to see if he can be He runs mad too, you feel me. Just some of the plays he made. I don't know, we'll see. It's gonna be exciting to see what they do with all the playmakers that they just got because they have a lot of playmakers.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: They do one segment we've been we've been working on recently is our Dad Talk Our Dads are Dad segments? You got any good dad stories? As a recent I'll uh while you sit there and think your boy built. What I mean by built? I put together the four wheeler. Then my dad got her for Christmas as like a one and a half year old. It h's like for ages three and up. It goes like three miles an hour. But you press the button, she's got to hit the gas and stuff. But we put it together yesterday because I was like, let's get her on that cause she's got these you know, she's got the little red car that I got to push around in. But she's got this little horse heat where they just got to do with their feet, and it's like, yo, let's get some you know that shit's boring and sucks. You just got to try to move everything with your feet. So I'm like, let's get her on some electronic thing. I might have to get her the remote control horsepower. Yeah, let's get some horsepower underneath her. So I put together that four wheeler yesterday. I forget what it's called. On it, it's like an XR three fifty.
Speaker 5: I will say this.
Speaker 4: I tried, but I'm way too big.
Speaker 3: It could have helped me, like if I could like fit everything, but I like, I'm way too big because it was thirty it's thirty now. But she's fired up off the send you a photo that you can put up, of the senior photo that you can put up, and she takes it, and I gotta go with her, right because like three miles an hour, you can't just flip it on my hey, press the grass, I'm holding the handleb or some kind of like you know, fast walking with her next to her. But one time I let her go, like stop stop, She's boomed right into the garage. It was funny though it was caught her like last minute, like she thought it was funny, but she couldn't. Like we got to teach her how to press the gas and let off the gas when it's time to stop.
Speaker 11: I was talking about this is one of my friends the other day, and I think it's really important for kids to learn how to get hurt at a young age.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I give them the opportunity to.
Speaker 11: Fall down because like at some point or another, like as adults, you kind of like stop taking those risks, like trying to climb a really high tree or jump off of a roof to impress your friends, but learning how.
Speaker 13: To fall as a kid.
Speaker 11: I think instill is like a really good sense of confidence, like in yourself as you move into adulthood, even though we're at jumping off roofs anymore. When you're able to fall as a kid and get hurt, there is a sense of like you kind of of art as protective as much over your kid.
Speaker 13: I don't know, I don't know. I'm speaking with zero children here.
Speaker 4: No, you're you're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 3: It's also it's also like Charle and I we got to talk about it because we got to be in the moments of when something happens, like have zero reaction or like oh like oh, because then they like hear your action thing like oh I mustn't be heard or something. Yeah, and then they start crying. Because she was going today and she was kind of going on my driveway. She had like free range and stuff, and she was going and she's like coming towards me and Charle's like stop stop, And when I like, I'm like Charles, She's she's driving to me, Like you can't just yell because in her brain she's gonna hear a loud voice to where she's trying to think on her feet in a moment.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's not, but we try to be kind.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's hard, like the fall, and you'll like, you like got to like grab your voice from doing anything, and like, let's see how they react by just standing up. I knowed you fall because sometimes she'll hit the she'll hit hard and scrape her knee on the ground. She want nothing will happen, but then she might fall and feel a little embarrassed and she might start crying a little bit. But no, you're one hundred percent right. You're one hundred percent right not to get involved with them. Try to experiment on doing something that Okay, they can probably get hurt here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of That's what I do with my kids.
Speaker 6: And it's funny you bring that up because like my youngest is a super cry baby.
Speaker 5: Like if my oldest be like I don't like you, I hate you, I don't like you.
Speaker 2: Need it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yo, it's not that serious. Are you bleeding?
Speaker 6: Like I always say, you don't cry unless you really bleeding. Like we hate No, people don't like crybaby. So one time my daughters in them were playing and they got these four wheelers too. Because I'm crazy like that, I just put them on and like, yo, don't teach them how to stop or none. They learn as they go, you know what I'm saying, because like they got it, you know when they they got to get a little tough, you know what I mean. They my youngest is baby, my oldest one is really tough tom boys. So I got them on these four wheelers and they smacking I'm talking about and it's snowing, so they doing donuts and sliding it all over the spot. And I get a little scared, like let me not say that, like let me let them fill it out. So she's right, my youngest crash, she gets up, she crying.
Speaker 5: I go, you good, I'm not bleeding. That's the first thing she said. She could always be like are you bleeding? No, then why you crying? Don't cry? You're not bleeding.
Speaker 6: Like that's like my number one thing because so they can understand, like if you fall and don't hurt yourself, you don't have to cry about it, but like, yeah, if you're bleeding and something really wrong, the first thing she says, I get up and go, I am not bleeding, and then she throws the thing off and walks in the house.
Speaker 5: I'm going I got her.
Speaker 1: She didn't got a philosophy.
Speaker 6: She ain't crying, but she upset because she already know, like I could soole her on certain things but not everything.
Speaker 5: So that shit is just funny.
Speaker 6: I always think about that, like how she literally was like, I'm not bleeding and she only like five years old, and she playing it on me.
Speaker 5: I couldn't. I still laugh about that today.
Speaker 4: It's like, you let her kind of be upset, but at least she knows, like she's trying.
Speaker 6: She tried, she getting that concept five years old, she understand it, but she was just upset.
Speaker 5: She like slammed the keys and walked in the house. I'm like, but she not crying.
Speaker 4: You showed it, Jack, You showing the photo?
Speaker 3: Was that it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 13: Did you not see it earlier?
Speaker 5: Hold on my fault of the foe by four? We got that.
Speaker 3: We got the injury out early. I remember when we was like several months old. I accidentally like she crawled off the top of the top stair. I couldn't get her in time, and I'm like chasing her down the stairs. Don't I am the worst flipping the vault time, not flipping. Just don't called her like three fourths of the way down. I felt so fucking bad, just so I was about to ask this roo of a helmet for this four wheeler.
Speaker 5: Nah, she went right. This was the very fool. Yeah, the very that's a good point. That's why killed me.
Speaker 6: Just put all night bikes something small, yeah, because that's all we Just put all they bike stuff on them, is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's it. It's for ages three and up. Like when my dad got that Force for Christmas. They literally sat in the Christmas packaging till yesterday. It's really like Dad like, yeah, that's awesome. But she's she's not even she's not even do yet.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: Most of you get him in the remote control one where you can kind of do it because they like to go fast, and she always wants you to me to push her in the red, red and yellow tight that car.
Speaker 5: I don't have the control though, that one, don't know. She's put your feet up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the one like the flint stone come on that go fast, so then she would like pick it.
Speaker 5: Up No, it ain't the control one. No, I don't have her remote control. Is you hit the throttle and eight goals?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I need to get. So I'm not the one pushing her.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, yeah, yeah, we got the one that that goes on his own. Yeah. They wiled out in the snow.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, y'all crazy, All right, let's uh, let's hit this. Uh shout out, no free shout out. We'll talk a little bit of Master's little golf tournament this week, and then we'll get out of here. We'll get onto the Michael Bisbee episode, which or the Michael Bisbee interview, which you guys will enjoy. Uh but shout out no free shout out is presented by the one and only Duke Cannon.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The big draft is coming up.
Speaker 3: That means it's time to start working harder and smelling better with our friends from Duke Cannon. Throw away your old body washed us smells like a JV locker room, and upgrade to Duke Cannon for a varsity level grooming routine.
Speaker 4: Duke Cannon since our elite.
Speaker 3: This is when I was waking up at seven in the morning, seven thirty in the morning to get ready after I did the cult shower and everything, I'm dousing myself with Duke Cannon shit because you know it is like you still feel a little bit from let your mind.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a grind this morning.
Speaker 3: Gotta get those sents so people, don't you know, Hey, well you could smell last night on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Somebody said it to me on my blame Coach rule that mother had us up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's up there going yeah a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As always, the boys got a special code just for the Tier ones. Use code Tier one t I E R the number one on Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order. Again, use code Tier one Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order. Mitch JP's anybody want to what is Alu? Alu? JP got mad at me the other week. He's like, hey, how do you say?
Speaker 4: It's like Lu, He's like, you dumb motherfucker?
Speaker 5: What what is it? Alu? Allo? Aliu? All right? All you Alu? El you that's what I said? Didn't you said? Al Alu?
Speaker 6: Oh shit, I don't know this Alulu?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oot Yeah, JP got mad at me, like damn, I.
Speaker 5: Was like ship am I we just talked slipping on you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: JP, you got one, Mitch, you got one.
Speaker 5: Kick us off. I'll start off.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna shout out of every shadow of being able to travel with the boys again. The Yeah, the Spring tour like the first stop and then a lot of the Fall tour. I didn't make the travel list, but uh it was fun being with the guys again, and this this this weekend going out and stuff with with everybody and just being apart being a part of the crew again.
Speaker 5: So yeah, out being able to travel. That's a good one, man, That is actually good travel, Suad.
Speaker 4: Jackie Moon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we gotta hurry up so we can hit this solar eclipse. Start at war the full thing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, fuck it.
Speaker 11: I'll just d shut out with the solar clip. Some people don't care as much about it, and that's totally fine. I think that nature phenomenons are cool, and we this will be a a full I forget the exact wordage for it, but a total eclipse. There are partial ones, and this one is when the moon goes in the direct path of Earth and the Sun. We're all familiar with the eclipses, but Uh, it's gonna be four and a half minutes long, and in Tennessee we are closer to almost the entirety of Earth where the eclipse passes through, so so hopefully it's gonna be a cool experience. It's a little cloudy in Nashville today, so we might not even need these glasses, but hopefully it gets pretty dark for about four minutes.
Speaker 5: And to me, I think that's cool. And it happened like every five years, because this happened before until.
Speaker 13: We had a few. Yeah, one in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 11: This one is a total eclipse, so it's like if you're in the actual direct line of it, you'll get it'll be like completely dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you guys been in the direct line of it? If the last couple of times? The one time I was telling you.
Speaker 11: About it, and I was really close to the direct line, but I wasn't in Uh it was it got dark here. Yeah, I think it was closer in Nashville last time. I was living in Knoxville at the time, and then now this time, it's like the very far left corner of Tennessee in the west. It's like Dyersburg, I think is the only place it's complete darkness.
Speaker 13: Yeah, darkness.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I don't know how wide the path is.
Speaker 3: But one of the times it was like in like where we were in Bonte, Missouri, like people were coming in just to bon staying at hotels and everything else just to travel and see.
Speaker 4: Because we were like in line with what you're saying.
Speaker 11: That seems like overkilled on me, Like I'm not going to travel for it.
Speaker 4: Science teacher was fired up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so say he's a family in town.
Speaker 13: I know, I respect people who do it.
Speaker 11: But they said there's like a million extra people on the roads in America today just traveling for the eclipse.
Speaker 6: Well, some people believe that line brings wealth and good luck or some stuff like I don't really know. You know, people all got these weird things from when three planets a line, and like it's crazy.
Speaker 11: There's some conspiracy too about it being like Judgment day two, like this one specifically, like there's.
Speaker 5: Aliens just hiding behind the moon waiting.
Speaker 13: This podcast might not even come out tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, I think I was in high school like in between.
Speaker 13: Four and eight one in two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: But not the eclipse. Remember, there was like a day from like who was that group? Then it's like a day between, like in between four and.
Speaker 13: Eight, right, I thought it was twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a twenty twelve when the mind calendar like yeah, yeah, then you remember.
Speaker 4: That day was like oh it's everything, and then you got white. You can't remember the year.
Speaker 5: Shut down by water like crazy? A man? What is going on? Nice shoutout show.
Speaker 11: Hopefully we get some good or less coverage. The clouds could make it.
Speaker 13: You know where I lose a lot of steam today.
Speaker 4: Gee, what mine's gonna be?
Speaker 5: Simple?
Speaker 9: We've said it before, but got home from Nebraska and woke up to the entire street, all the fellas mowing their lawn and just the smell of fresh cut grass.
Speaker 4: Can't beat it, can't beat it.
Speaker 9: We're back, leaves are on the trees, the boys are backs are back.
Speaker 5: We didn't see none of that in Nebraska. Yeah, hell no. Did you hit the primer a few times? Oh? Ship? Yeah?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 5: What you got thirty eight to?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Shout out?
Speaker 7: No free shout out to the lady game Cocks. The Journey to Perfection was completed last night and under Armoured that came out with a nice little graphic for us says, you win some and the nets cut down, you lose none. Columbia burned down, kids were jumping in the fountain. Don Staley goat of women's basketball. From player and coach perspective, there's obviously a lot of great women's coaches, but nobody has done more than Dawn from the player side in the coach side. So it was just great to see. Anytime somebody goes undefeating any sport, it's it's unreal to me.
Speaker 6: So and they beat one of the best women basketball player college women basketball players ever to play the game.
Speaker 7: So that's turned our whole roster of we lost all five starters last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then to do this, right, I wonder if she'll get any like head men Joss. Remember we were in nebrassk coach Ruilson. He was talking to somebody. Yeah higher, but this was like last year, as I said, already filled it.
Speaker 4: But she seems like so.
Speaker 7: The Las Vegas Aces are like the best team in the WNBA right now. They have already moved their game against whoever has the number one w NBA pick. They've moved it to Tmobile Arena because it has like eight thousand more seats from where they play now, just in anticipation of that team picking.
Speaker 5: Kaitlyn Clark wants, Yeah.
Speaker 4: She has like changed the game.
Speaker 3: I was telling you, I was telling you earlier before we were sitting over there that I'm sitting there watching these last game like the tournament with Iowa and following Kaitlyn Clark, and it's like I'm sitting there with like a like this like loose smile of like, yo, this is so sick for like women's sports that somebody like this has changed the game so much. Like they're out viewing, outperforming the NBA Finals, the World Series, all the men's tournament, all because of like Kaitlyn Clark and all the you know, whether it's love hate and everything kind of combined arguing over one player.
Speaker 4: But she's like changed the fucking game for real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definite. It's super impressive. Does she got another year of eligibility?
Speaker 3: I see people being like, oh, she's you got to try to figure out a way for her to stay at Iowa or something.
Speaker 11: And a fun fact, Kaitlyn Clark this season alone scored more points by herself than Iowa football scored in her entire four year college career.
Speaker 5: God. Yeah, I mean, god damn, you had to get that oc out of there. That is but brutal. That's a brutal stat yikes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, bro, Kaylyn Clark she is. I mean, it's been cool to see. It's been fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Obviously you see all the bickering going on, which is just enjoyable from a content perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't good enough. Still got thirty. But what's her name? What's her name? Whoever was Gardner? You could just tell she was for a challenge.
Speaker 7: It was it was personal because last year Iowa knocked us out in the final four and Raven wasn't the greatest shooter last year. Yeah, and Caitlyn waved her off in the final four, left her wide.
Speaker 5: Open and for real, go ahead and shoot it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you could tell like it was in.
Speaker 7: Her head the whole game. And then hit the ground with that needed because when she was guarding Kayln Onily had seven points.
Speaker 5: She was on heed for a lot of minutes.
Speaker 3: But when she picked her and took it the other way for a cold but that was nasty. Kind of fired me up. But yeah, shout out the women's game cocks. My shout out No Free Shoutouts is going to go to when you find a new game on your phone. I haven't been in the iPhone game for a minute, and I found this game called Retro Bowl, and I am on year twenty four of my dynasty. I coached the Dallas Cowboys for like fifteen years and now I'm with the Las Vegas Raiders. But this is game Retro Bowl, and I see him to being like follow us on Twitter, go to our reddit. I might just make a Reddit profile just to join this group. This game is fucking unreal, talking about if you want a GM owner dynasty.
Speaker 4: Like again, I'm on year twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 3: I've won two Super Bowls, they got Hall of Fame, Like you can make all these different lists and you can kind of like develop players, trade get coins like not to where you're buying stuff. I think you can upgrade one time and get like perch some of it. I found this game and I've truly been fucking obsessed with it. I see so my shot out, no free shodow, my shot no free shodow goes to the Retro Bowl. I fucking love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: I might do the upgrade so I can just rename because.
Speaker 5: You get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get yeah. Bro, It's like it's like old school. What was that first initial football game? Yeah, Tech Moobil techno techn no Bowl, Tech no Bowl. It's like that kind of style.
Speaker 3: But like all the theatrics with GM running the dynasty, hiring coaches, losing players, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's fucking sick.
Speaker 5: Boys.
Speaker 3: If I could recommend an app store game right now, no free shotouts, but the retro Bowl, I'm telling you you will be you will be immersed.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, the land.
Speaker 6: My shout out, no free shotout is going to be a land clearing machine. SPE's most likely the mulcher. Look, Bro, I went to Nebraska and I hired these people to come in and moltch clearing trails so we can ride full wheelers, dirt bikes, all this, do shoot guns whatever. I came back the property looks ridiculous. I mean, I am blown away about how this machine cleared trees paths.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm heading up there after this.
Speaker 6: So my shout out, no free shoutouts goes to land clearing machines multures.
Speaker 5: If you ever get land, look into these multures.
Speaker 6: I am telling you another business you said no shot no free shot outs, right, yeah, but you.
Speaker 5: Can give them a shot out. But it's just you know, it's Stephen land clearing man. They kills it.
Speaker 6: Steven's land clearing. They elite land clearing. So money well spent. Yeah, money well spent.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I went back up there yesterday after I woke up. I'm like, we're gonna go check it out. I'm blown away.
Speaker 5: I mean I can now.
Speaker 6: I can ride my side by side through the whole, all sixty two acres. I can go around all of it without being touched by a tree. But it's trails that leads to the ponds that we can shoot it. Oh my god, it is the best. I'm thankfulf for the jp stide.
Speaker 4: We got to get a vlog, We got to get out there.
Speaker 5: No, I told her.
Speaker 6: I was telling them once the house built, I want you to come film film a bus up film one.
Speaker 4: Of this weekend boys.
Speaker 5: That'd be Monday, just.
Speaker 6: Having a crazy day side by side, shooting guns all that have to Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Should we get?
Speaker 4: Should we get?
Speaker 5: How long is it?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 3: How long we've been rocking? Mitch our forty five minutes? How long is a Bibeing interview thirty five minutes. I think we're solid. We got the Masters coming up this weekend. For those who celebrate, there is also golf Turam at the Barstool Golf term Mini Golf Turament that'll be taking place and I believe will be live on Wednesday, So as you're listening tomorrow, there'll be three rounds and then the final round on Thursday. That'll be happening at the Chicago Barstol Chicago HQ, so make sure to tune into that.
Speaker 5: Uh gee, you got any.
Speaker 3: People we should we should put we should drop some bets on about we should be following lookout for.
Speaker 4: It's maybe an underdog.
Speaker 9: Underdog I mean not really an underdog you just won this past week, but he might shake some things up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna botch his name. I gotta look it up.
Speaker 9: But young Cat twenty two years old just balled out this past weekend, so people will be watching him going into this week. It's his first time playing in the Masters. But Wednesday on the tenth, a lot of golf content coming out. Yeah, we did the Sandbager with spitting chicklets. That'll be dropping. We also, hey, we got golf merch that will obviously be promoting and selling.
Speaker 3: Uh, maybe I can get maybe the bet I might do with Rigs or something like get in with Riggs and Bay whoever whoever beat who in this mini golf tournament.
Speaker 4: The loser has to promote, has to stop selling golf merch or just promote the others.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we got so we got golf merch coming out, or we got golf merch out that you go check out the store store up arsenol sports dot com.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Spittin Chicklets Sandbager, the Taylor and myself was out in Orlando and we did a Sandbager with the Spintin Chicklets crew. That's going to be electric witting biz or just those are some old timecats.
Speaker 4: Uh, but yeah, man, check all that stuff out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to the Michael Bisbee episode with the Bisbeing episode, and let me see here the Bisbeing episode, we talk about him going to his childhood and getting into fighting because of how much he was in and out of jail.
Speaker 4: The dude is a great storyteller, a lot of charisma.
Speaker 3: A bar fight that he talks about that's a lot of fun to listen to going from athlete to media kind of him getting out and transitioning out of the fight game. But dude is a lot of fun to talk to. I think he has a YouTube channel as well that's super successful. He does a lot of work with the UFC. But Michael Bisbee talk a little bit about the Chandler McGregor fight coming up.
Speaker 4: It's a fun interview. You guys will really enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're liking, make sure you're commenting. Make sure you're subscribed on all of our platforms, whether it's on YouTube, Rumble, Apple Pods, Google, Spotify, wherever you get your podcast. Make sure you're subscribed to the Boys again, Biggs, Tiny Kisses. Enjoy this Michael Bisbee interview. After this ad reason the Greens at Augusta will soon host golf's greatest players in DraftKings is bringing you closer to the action with a major offer to celebrate the tournament. This week, all customers can deposit ten dollars or more and receive a ticket to DraftKings Millimaker contest for a shot at the one million dollar top prize.
Speaker 4: Playing is easy.
Speaker 3: Assemble a team of golfers while staying under the salary cap, then sit back as your players score points.
Speaker 4: Download the DraftKings app and.
Speaker 3: Use code bus bus to play free for a shot at the one million dollars top prize only on DraftKings with code bus the crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Enjoy the episode, as you.
Speaker 3: Know, well spoken individual UFC powers so well's folk, you have a good show on I.
Speaker 1: Keep myself busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've done a great job transitioning fight.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean as as a former fighter or like all athletes, I mean, you guys did very well, but fighters in particularly it's a hard road, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 14: And then not a lot of fighters make money. You know, there's only the tip of the iceberg. And I'm not talking about in the UFC. I mean to get to the UFC. I mean that in itself is very hard, you know, but to really be able to retire comfortably, you know, only the only a select few get to do that, you know, in in in any professional sports. I mean, if you look at soccer, right, how many people play soccer, you know, and how many people get to actually really make a living. So yeah, retiring as a fighter still being involved with the sport commentating in the UFC.
Speaker 1: It couldn't have worked out any better, and I'm a very happy man.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you retired comfortably?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, no, for sure at the time. Yeah, yeah, No, I had a great career, you know. I mean I was able to win the belt, defendert some championship fights. You know, I was repping the UK for a long time as well. So I had a great career.
Speaker 1: I had a long run.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, very comfortably. I mean you can always be more comfortable questions. Yeah, you know what I'm saying over again. Yeah, Dana always looked after me and I always did very well.
Speaker 3: Did were you doing any of the media stuff while you were fighting or was that a transition you made right when you got done.
Speaker 14: No, so I was doing it whilst I was fighting as well. Is this sound okay for you guys? Close enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: So so you probably know maybe you don't so I don't see my right eye the yeah, yeah story. So, so, when I started having the I issues, because obviously you want to be a champion and all the rest of it, When I started having the I issues and I was told I was never going to be able to fight again, and I did carry on fighting, and I was lying and cheating on tests and all the rest of it, doing whatever I could right. But I was like, this isn't going to last forever. I've got to figure out I can. I know my door is closing, the options are going to go away soon. So I started doing as much of that stuff as I could, working on Fox Sports at the time, and then started a podcast and then just whatever else I could do whilst I still had a platform and whilst people still gave it that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Because when you desire your old news if.
Speaker 2: It was if it wasn't for the eye, do you think you would have had the idea to kind of, Okay, I need to find out some different avenues because as as athletes like for me, there was never a plan B. You kind of just think I'm gonna play football and then I'll die on the field. Sure, greatest honor to go out that way, No, for sure, And that's always the goal.
Speaker 1: That's what you want to do.
Speaker 14: You got to be single minded to be successful and to be great at anything, You've got to be lied that.
Speaker 1: But of course you'd be a fool.
Speaker 14: Not to realize that there's a life after fighting, you know, I mean, I think it was two thousand and nine, I started doing a little bit of acting and stuff like that. I never thought I'd end up doing that, but I just got offered an acting roll out of the blue.
Speaker 1: So I was like, yeah, fucking why not, Let's give it a shot.
Speaker 14: The next thing, I'm in Austin, Texas, spent my per day and for the entire shoe On the first night with my buddy, we had a great night out, turned the post out, hungover to the mix, thinking what am I doing here? Then ended up loving the entire process and done that stuff ever since as well. So yeah, I mean I always kind of had part of the pun, one eye on doing other stuff.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Now it's about the legacy. We are a little birdie totalist that you had a DJ career.
Speaker 1: DJ mikey Be, it's nothing to write home about.
Speaker 14: So yeah, I mean, listen, I was obsessed with martial arts as a kid, and then one day I was walking home from work when I was sixteen, and my buddy had a set of decks. I went into his house and you know, they were smoking weed and stuff. I was never a weed smoker, but I saw the decks and the turntables, and I just thought that was the coolest thing ever at sixteen. So I stopped doing martial arts and became DJ mikey b. I put all my effort into that, and I had a little bit of a you know, following or whatever. I did okay, but but you know, nothing nothing to write home about, you know what. I still spin the turntables a bit for fun when I'm bored. I might do the occasional set here and there, but I've hung up the wreck a long time ago.
Speaker 3: You stopped MMA, so you were doing the DJ stuff and then I was like, okay, let me get back into the fighting.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Well I wasn't doing mm A. I was doing martial arts. You know, a lot of martial arts tournaments and stuff. But so yeah, I put all my efforts into being a DJ, and then I met my girlfriend who's now my wife, and we had two children, and then I was like, yeah, I don't think this is happening, you know what I mean. There were some pretty rundown venues in the northwest of England, you know what I mean. We're not exactly talking excess and the wind. This is not what we're talking about guys to Vegas. I don't even know about that. Get to it, Betha, you know, Bezas, Yeah, yeah, yeah no. And then when the kids came along, I was like, what am I doing with myself? And I was always getting into scraps, you know, on fights when I was a kid. I was that was that kind of guy. And then I actually went to prison. I got sent down for twenty eight days. And it was when I was sitting in the holding cell waiting to be assigned myself. I was sitting there, I was thinking, what is going on? What is how I ended up here? And I'm sitting in this holding cell and there's old drug addicts and dead beats around me, and they're like, look coming up, Dahn, went you in for me?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 14: And I'm like, don't talk to me, stay away from I'm not one of you. And I thought to myself, I've got to make a change. And right then and there, that's when I kind of got my act together. And I'm actually grateful for that judge for doing that, because I was just reckless and didn't really give a damn.
Speaker 4: How do we get in there?
Speaker 1: Just just I was fighting, Yeah, how are you.
Speaker 14: What was I twenty two, twenty three, something like that. I was always getting fights. I'm from a small town. Everyone knows everyone's business. Ever since I was a kid, I always you know, I was just that kind of kid. I was always down for a fight. And I was young, and I was reckless, and I thought it was all fun and games, you know what I mean. You know, I was very immature, let's be honest.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: So it really was a wig up calling. It is what the prisons was supposed to be. It's like, oh, I need a snap out of it. And it worked on me one hundred percent, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So I came out of there and never threw another punch on the street. Just decided to start doing it professionally. But I didn't find my way to mixed martial arts then because MMA wasn't really a thing. The UFC existed, but I wasn't a fan. But then my old to use an old term, sense told me all about the explosion of something called mixed martial arts and the UFC and in Japan they had pride and I didn't even.
Speaker 5: Know what it was.
Speaker 14: I said, can you make money? And he said, listen to the champions are making great money. There, celebrities in America that they got getting into acting and all this kind of stuff. So we said this whole He painted this whole picture, and I thought, that's what I want. So I signed up for my first fight three months later, didn't even know what the sport was, got the knockout. Two years later, I was on the Ultimate Fire. Won that next minute. Here we are talking busting with bussing with the boys right.
Speaker 4: There. That the big break was getting on the Ultimate Fighter.
Speaker 14: Oh for sure, of course, you know, firing on the regional scene if you will, that's what they call it in the UK. I mean, I was the Cage Warriors champion. I was a Cage Race champion. I was the what was it, any promotion that was in the UK. I was the champion of as well as the super heavyweight kickboxing champion. I used to be a bit of a fat bastard, so yeah, I mean, so then they came to the UK looking for two guys to be on the Ultimate Fight to season three, and then we had these open auditions and had the auditions all the other people in my weight class.
Speaker 1: I knocked them all out.
Speaker 14: You know what, I mean, so I was kind of confident that I was going to get it. And then of course I'm allowed my mouthpiece of shit as well. So you want to bet a drama?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, there you go. How was The Ultimate Fighter structured?
Speaker 2: Then? Was everybody in the same house still? Was it kind of a reality TV show to go with it as well?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, for sure, Yeah, absolutely, And I loved it. I mean, come on, listen, I've never been to America. They're going to fly me to America. I'm sitting in a big, beautiful mansion with a bunch of guys. We're getting paid to train and work out, and you walk in and being coached by Ts and Ken, Shamrock and Day in the whites there, I'm like, shit, this is it. This is really happening. And a lot of people on the show they were there for the fifteen minutes of fame, you know, but I was. I was there to kick some ass and win, you know, and fortune early, with.
Speaker 2: A bit of luck, that's what I was able to do. So when you go to when you go through The Ultimate Fighter and you get.
Speaker 5: That bid to go to the UFC.
Speaker 2: You said earlier you were really a fan of UFC. When did you become like, this is this organization that really wasn't that money in his pocket? Yeah this is not actually yeah it was.
Speaker 6: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: But I just didn't even really know what existed.
Speaker 14: I remember I was a World Championships in nineteen ninety five when I was sixteen, and we were staying in a youth hostel in Auckland, and I remember in the kitchen in the youth hostel they were all watching I think it was like UFC two or three or something. And I wasn't really interested, not because I was a fan. I was just, you know, I was a kid and whatever, and I was too busy going out with my friends and partying and stuff. But as soon as I knew there was a viable career option, and I knew I was getting older and i'd been in trouble with the law and I left school at sixteen, I was like, this is probably the only way I'm going to make something out of my life, you know, because I always said, like, you know, getting on your lecturer's high horse. But everyone's good at something, everyone's got a skill. And I remember I remember my supervisor at the time at work, I was working at this sofa factory, just like making couches and stuff. And he said, what are you going to do for the rest of your life?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 1: He said, do you want to do this?
Speaker 14: I said, no way, And he said, well, well, you know, you think about it because I walked into this factory thirty years ago and it's flown by like that. He said, you're still a young man. So I started thinking. I said, what am I good at? What am I good at? And I've always been good at fighting. I was always good at martial arts. I was always in street fights.
Speaker 1: I'm ashamed to say now, but I was, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 14: I was very successful. Let's just put it like that without siding like a quick so I said to.
Speaker 1: Him, I never forget.
Speaker 14: I walked up to him and I said, Mick, Mick, I said, I figured out what I'm going to do. And he takes his he's got his two belts on. He takes his two belts off, and he walks off of rubbin. His eyes come on because he was kind of like a mentor, and he's like, Okay, what's the plan. I said, I'm going to be a professional fighter. And he was like, oh my God, I thought you were a smart kid.
Speaker 2: I'm like, not just me.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm doing. So anyway, I'm just trying.
Speaker 5: To make the call back to them, like, hey, I'm fly enough.
Speaker 14: I was googling him last week because I was talking about this to my wife, about Mick Killeen.
Speaker 1: But no, no, I don't I know know what happened to him.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, I don't think I had as much of an impact on him as he had on me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's funny, isn't it. You know that these people come into your lives, it can.
Speaker 14: Make a big impression and they might not realize it, you know, like a teacher to a troubled high school kid or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, you've had a lot of incredible fights, like what lost pisses you off the most?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: What lost?
Speaker 1: None of them?
Speaker 14: To be honest, none of them passed me off. I mean I'm forty four now, so and I've been midsized twenty eighteen, so you know, I don't spend I don't keep myself up at night stewing over them.
Speaker 1: But what passed me off?
Speaker 5: Which one had the most residual effects?
Speaker 1: Been times past?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I thought again, good question. I mean the Vanderalai silver fire was bullshit.
Speaker 1: I won that fire. I was robbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Nothing really makes me mad, but.
Speaker 14: You're digging deep into the you know, fuck Vandai No, no, yes, that one, I guess because Vandalala is a legend of the sport, and he was actually one of the guys that when I started discovering what MMA was, I saw vanderlay file was.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this guy is amazing.
Speaker 14: Look at this guy, and I wanted to be like him, and then so fire to fire him was a big deal, you know, and I thought I wonder fire, but whatever, it didn't go my way.
Speaker 3: He hit all the training videos where he's like training with the snorkel and ship right, like.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he did a lot of he did a lot of steroids as well. You know, they're the ones, you know what I mean, the Vito belfour one. Obviously, I lost an eyeball through that because he's a cheating piece of shit, you know, so I guess.
Speaker 1: There's a few.
Speaker 14: Can go fuck himself. He was like performance enhancing drug under the sun.
Speaker 4: I love jail.
Speaker 1: He's cool.
Speaker 5: Because he's malthy too, like.
Speaker 4: I wish I could have.
Speaker 14: He never did because we were both fighting on the same card, but we had different opponents. And then for whatever reason it's a long story, somebody drops out, so they rejiggled the card and I was fighting Jail and this was like ten days before the fight, so we didn't really have time to uh turning him to Manifest or to Brew. You know, there was no bad feelings, couldn't.
Speaker 1: You know arise?
Speaker 14: It was like before we knew it, we were in Chicago stepping on the scale. I remember I squared up to Jail on the ways, and you know, you try and do your bit, like get in his face and yeah, fucking dead, that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: But the act.
Speaker 14: I'm in there, I always used to give not give him a head bob, which is like a little just a little touch, you know, because you're trying to insert your last minute dominance, you know.
Speaker 1: And ChIL just said, what colonna are you wearing? You smelled delightful, son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: Able these dudes taking p the steroidstuff like that? Was it easy when you got your hands on guys to feel like, okay, you got something going.
Speaker 5: On extra, do you know what?
Speaker 14: To be honest, there's only one fire that I ever felt overpowered in, even though I know for a fact I thought a lot of guys that were using because for a while there was to self storng replacement therapy, which was legal. They were allowed to do that if you went to a doctor and the doctor signed off on it. There you got boom.
Speaker 2: You were in.
Speaker 1: And I've never taken anything in my life, but even still.
Speaker 14: There was I guess Vito was like ridiculously powerful and explosive with his striking.
Speaker 1: But when we clanched up or anything.
Speaker 14: There's only one guy that I thought, who's called Matt hammil That was a death fighter.
Speaker 1: That warped my ass in round one. And I was like a little school boy with him. But he was on steroids or anything like that. He was just a good old forearm boy.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That give me a good old ass kicking.
Speaker 5: God bless him.
Speaker 4: Wasn't just the testaster like the TRT. That was like the issue, like what what? How was everybody? How people able access.
Speaker 5: As so much?
Speaker 14: I have no idea, I have not I'm not an expert on that stuff, but it was rife. I know it was everyone. You know, everyone's aware of that because the drug testing back then was kind of like an IQ test.
Speaker 1: You know, now we have what we had, you sawda.
Speaker 14: We have another program now where the show randomly the test you and you know he's very in depth and very safe. Back then, it was not all fights the main event. Maybe the coleman yet to take a pissed test after the fight, you know, so if you're smart enough, you know how to cycle it and get it out of your system.
Speaker 1: But I was always so young and confident.
Speaker 14: I was like, I don't give a ship, I don't care whatever I'm going.
Speaker 5: To get him.
Speaker 3: Anyone ever thought about it taking anything right, like trying to figure out what I never I remember when I was coming up in the UK.
Speaker 14: You know, it was the UK scene back then was like the wild West, trust me, like, you know, anyone involved in mixed martial arts back then the world gangsters and drug dealers and thugs and whatnot. You know, it wasn't the professional scene it is now, let me tell you. And there was a lot of people taking steroids on my team and stuff like that. But in my mind I was always like, well, number one, I don't want to do that. I don't need to do that, but I'm going to the UFC. I'm not here to be a tough guy in my hometown. I'm going to the UFC, and I don't want to test positive and get banned, you know what I mean. So and of course ethically ethically, of course, you.
Speaker 2: Know that's a tough deal with the ethically part.
Speaker 4: But everybody's doing it.
Speaker 2: It's got to be hard like baseball, and how do you keep it secret to like, you know, dudes, you're taking it.
Speaker 4: And I was like this guy like that Lances.
Speaker 3: Arm showing there where you realize like literally every cyclist was on something like he was just the guy who.
Speaker 14: Was like you, yeah, when you're defeated, and this is the thing that you'll see like eliasa Porius fighting next week and UFC two nine eight, and he is bringing with confidence. He's talking about knocking VOLCANOVSKIU in one round and how it's not even going to be a fight because that's how you are when you're undefeated. Like I was smoking everybody, you know, I was knocking everyone out in the first round, and you know, I didn't really have a fight, and I was like there, fucking you know, because when you're undefeated, you literally feel like no one on earth can beat you, and it's just what it does to you. And every time you compete and you win, that is that that that mindset is further solidified. So I was like, well, help me knock yourself out, give me your best shot, you know, until you start getting knocked out yourself, eyes.
Speaker 1: And dribbling, you know what I mean? Doing this dubling were, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Doesn't change your game like when you first got that.
Speaker 4: Who was the who was the first one to be was the.
Speaker 14: Henderson UFC one hun So we coached the Ultimate Fighter passion Yeah, no, no, listen for a player was on testas and replacement therapy.
Speaker 1: That's noted and in the books it's true.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 14: No, No, God blessing me got me good because we coached the Ultimate Fighter. I talked a ton of shit because Dan Henderson is literally like watching pain dry, So somebody had to make that show exciting and interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: And he's a bit of a prick, so that made it easy.
Speaker 14: So I talked a bit of shit, as I do, and it was stewed from the whole UK versus USA thing and seventeen seventy six, and he was the good old fashioned, hard working, quite American boy that's going to come and fuck me up.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I was.
Speaker 5: That's what he did.
Speaker 2: My god, it was.
Speaker 1: It was the biggest show the USC had ever done.
Speaker 14: And I got knocked out in the most spectacular fashion and then he flies through the airs, I'm already unconscious and gives me another one.
Speaker 1: But good times, good time.
Speaker 5: You know, you learn lessons.
Speaker 11: It is what it is.
Speaker 5: What was it like winning the belt? The adrenaline when you were finally like.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, obviously an incredible experience when I won the belt. After I knock him out, I jump on top of the cage and I turn around and a point I said fuck you.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't really at Luke Rockhold.
Speaker 14: That was everyone that wrote me off, everyone that talked shit, everyone that wrote articles in the media, everyone online that said he could never do it. He's a good fire, but he's not a great fighter. He's not championship material. And they always said that all along, and every time I got a win, they always said it was a fluke or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, they didn't know how hard I was working.
Speaker 14: So that's that was that pure emotion coming out there, and it wasn't directed at Luke, poor guy. It was directed at all the naysayers, of which there was many.
Speaker 4: Right, it makes a great competitor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those little chirps trying to improve someone everything personal one way or another.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh they said this, and me think it's the worst thing ever.
Speaker 1: Very emotionally immature.
Speaker 2: You're finally like getting out of the fighting ring and going into the media, Like, was there ever a process for you where you've been a fighter of your whole life, whether it's been professionally or non professionally, and now you're going into something completely different, Like, was there a piece of your identity that you're like, I feel like I'm losing something of myself.
Speaker 14: No, not really, because honestly, I feel like that fights a version of myself. I guess if I you know, he's still in there somewhere, but I'm a different guy these days completely, you know. I mean I was, you know, it was definitely a personality flow. When I was younger, I was always getting into fights and that kind of became my identity, my badge of honor.
Speaker 4: That's who I was.
Speaker 14: And when I was younger, that's kind of like how I ended up getting friends and being popular and hanging out with the cool guys and stuff, so only further reinforced it being this bad boy image, if you will. And then when I got to the UFC, you know, I guess again, it's making me money, it's making me famous or whatever. But now I'm mature, I've grown up, and I'm certainly not fighting anymore, and that kind of version of me is it doesn't really exist anymore. And I don't find myself being combative at all. You know, I still work, I still train every day. Like, for example, there's been two occasions recently where I have been assaulted in the streets and.
Speaker 1: Done nothing about it, full on punched in the face. And I could.
Speaker 14: I could have made minced meat of these two hour souls. Just I was in New Orleans. I was in New Orleans. I was in New Orleans, and I'm walking down Bourbon Street. I've never been there before. I don't want to go back. Burbon Street is a shithole. No offense I associated. I got assaulted, you know what I mean. And then with my wife, and there's a bunch of young guys like playing on the upside down buckets and playing drums and stuff. So I'm doing a little touristy thing. I'm filming little Instagram stories. Guy gets in my faces that you can't film.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I can.
Speaker 14: It's a it's a public place, and I carry on films. Is you're I'm gonna tell you again you can't film. I'm like, yes, I fucking can, and I carry on film and he gets right in my face. I said, sog my fucking dick, and he just goes fair play to him, fair play, fair play, shug my fucking dick, and he just went boom and punched me. I was there with my wife and my youngest son, who what was he like ten at the time or something.
Speaker 1: But the punch was so pathetic.
Speaker 14: It literally my reaction. I laughed my head off. This is not me trying to sound tough. It literally was like ding and I just I said, what was that? I said, did you just punch me in the face?
Speaker 5: I said, is that?
Speaker 14: I said, you come up and you talk all that ship and you punch me in the face, and that is what you have to offer.
Speaker 1: I said, come on. Adam was laughing my head off. So we just walked away.
Speaker 2: Because he had a swing and kind of get ready.
Speaker 14: So so I have a YouTube channel and my most watched video is because because I do a podcast as well, and.
Speaker 1: This guy put a video out because he found out.
Speaker 14: Who I was afterwards, so I took his footage and used it integrated it onto my video. It's my most watched video. But his version of events is exactly the same as mine. It's exactly the same. We didn't lie, do you know what I mean? Ordered to stop filming, and he wouldn't film, so he told me to suck his dick. So I punished him in the face. I'm like, say, I told you. And then recently I've never spoken about this before I was.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 14: I was back home and in clither Or where I'm from, and I was at dinner with my mom, who's almost eighty years old. She can't walk, she's on crutches, and with my sister, she's got a newborn baby. It's beautiful summers now, it's about twelve of us, a very nice family atmosphere.
Speaker 1: It's a five thirty PM and I'm.
Speaker 14: Sitting there and these guys walking, I said, guy sixty years old old, drunk, bombs walking, hammered, drunk, and one of he just walks over to me.
Speaker 1: He says, you don't remember me, do you?
Speaker 14: And like whenever I go there's always old faces that I can't remember the names.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, good to see yeah, I said, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, good to see it.
Speaker 1: He said, you don't remember do you.
Speaker 14: I said, oh, well, I don't remember your name, but yeah, your face is familiar.
Speaker 1: He says, no, let me give you a reminder.
Speaker 14: And I've got a scar between my eyes where I've got a big metal stool smashed in my head when I was about seventeen, and then twenty guys jumps on my head. He says, look at that, you're scar between your eyes. I did that, I said, right, I said, I think you need to walk away. So he goes away, and they sit down the other side of the restaurant. And it comes to the end of the night. I'm paying the bill and I'm standing by the front door. And then they walked past again and they start talking more shit. I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I said, here, I don't know who you were. I remember it.
Speaker 14: This was nineteen ninety seven, by the way, do.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 14: We've all moved on with our line say he'd at least know like what you became. Well, he did, that's what he's doing it. So anyway, as I'm talking to one guy, do the guy sucker punches me and he has a ring on explose my nose, know what I mean? And then as he hits me, he falls on the floor right and they just hammered drunk, and I'm standing there and I'm just like, God, I could fuck him up so easily right now, but.
Speaker 1: I just didn't do anything, didn't do anything right because I'm not doing that. I'm not lowering myself to that.
Speaker 14: I'm not coming back to my hometown where he used to always be getting in fights. And they say he's, oh, Michael Bisbee's back. He's only been back two minutes. He's already getting into fights.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean.
Speaker 14: I'm not perpetuating now who this guy is because I was not just that. I'm not that guy anymore. That was the whole point of this.
Speaker 1: I'm not that guy anymore.
Speaker 5: You know when in your mind did it shifted. I'm not going to be that guy anymore.
Speaker 14: I'm not there when I was in prison, but still when I was fighting, I was younger, yeah. But when I retired, because I see myself back on old like old promos and stuff, and I'm like, oh god, he's that guy.
Speaker 5: He's that guy.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 14: I'm like Jesus Christ. So how did your mom react to that? Well, they could have believed I walked it on. My nose was all bloody, and they were like, what has just happened? You're only paying the bill. Drama follows you everywhere? Yeah, yeah, No, my mom's she's seen it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's seen it.
Speaker 3: When you when you're retired, was there thought of you? There was there a part of you. It's like I want to retire, but I want to go out with the wind. I want to go out on top, not on top, but I want to go out with the wind. Absolutely, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Because I was going to fight again as well against Wishard Evans. We were going to have a rematch, but for one reason or another, it never happened. And then an old friend of mine said to me as well. He said, he said, Michael, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: And I said well, and.
Speaker 1: Then my manager already as well. There was a few people. I said, well, I want to go back to London.
Speaker 14: I want to fight the old two arena one last time, and I want to thank the audience and I want to have that moment where you take your gloves off and you put it down and you thank them the crowd and thank you for all the support over the years and all the rest of it. And he was already Actually my manager is like you or man, seen that in your head? You know, he said, you've got one eye. You want to go blind? You want to risk going blind? Because the fight before that, when I fought Gelvin Gasolon, because every time, because I used to cheat the tests. Okay, they're not that hard to cheat if if if you're a little scallywagl like eye was growing up, they're not that hard to cheat, right, But the doctors used to always say, you know, you've been very you know, risky, still fighting because if anything happens to you a good eye, you know you could go blind.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, it's fine. And I was like, well, line, he's not going to strike twice.
Speaker 5: That was my logic, right.
Speaker 14: So it happened in one eye. The odds of that happening on the second eye is minimal.
Speaker 1: It's not going to happen. But when I got knocked out in China.
Speaker 14: Afterwards, we went to a nightclub and we're sitting in there and my eyes just kept going flashing. Every time I looked left, it would give a flash, and I thought, oh my god, because I remember the symptoms when I had the detached retin of the first time. So that was why, you know, I wasn't going to fight again. But then I wanted that that send off, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And he reminded me. I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: You want to go blind?
Speaker 1: He said, for what?
Speaker 14: Some some idea, some theory that you've got in your mind. This this whole big romantic send off. He said, you're being stupid. I thought, you know what, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: Do you have any more?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I mean kind of a cheeky question, kind of bulls you just go on clip or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I've seen how the UFC is today.
Speaker 2: If you were picking out fighters, if you were in your prime again, who were the guys that you would love to crack at.
Speaker 1: Fighters right now today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I used to train with him a lot.
Speaker 14: Show Strickland would be easy, works.
Speaker 5: A lot of sogny.
Speaker 14: I'm joking. By the way, Sean Strickland is a lot of son. Your drig is DUPLESSI. Who else is in the top five? Give me all of those?
Speaker 1: You know, I wouldn't want to go up. Tom asked me, no, fog that was that? Have you seen the size of him? I know you're a big boy.
Speaker 14: I'm telling you, whoever wins that fight between Jones the Steepee, they should retire because they're going to get their asswarps, simple as that. And I love Jones and I love Steep and I've got so much respect. Look at what he did to Pavlovitch. And I was saying this coming into this fire, and DC was like, what are you doing? What are you talking about? You know, He's like, you're kissing this guy's ass. I'm like, no, I'm basing this off what I see. And he went out and he did it again, and I don't see anybody stopping him.
Speaker 3: With all these uh, with all these fight leagues coming about, do you think any other league has a shot to compete with the UFC at any point?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 14: You know, there's always new iterations. There's always people want to come up and do things differently and change the rules and tweet this and that. You know, I don't think so. I mean, it's it's the household name.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't know much about football.
Speaker 14: You got the NFL, what the xflally competing?
Speaker 1: Like, what is it called the PFIL You got the PFL.
Speaker 4: Let me have a CFL.
Speaker 2: Pfil knocks about UFLFL for the fighters profile everything or the FC the ohiops, you know.
Speaker 3: No, no not because based on like the fighter pay and the well always what happens from my notedge is that they try and poach away other UFC fighters by paying them exorbiting amounts of money that they're not necessarily worth sometimes.
Speaker 1: But in the UFC, there's no better place.
Speaker 14: If you can become champion and you get pay per view points, that's what you're going to make.
Speaker 1: The most money.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: And I always get accused of being a company man. Well I am a company man and I'm proud to be. So it changed my life, you know, I changed my life one hundred percent. And you'll notice that the people making good money, the krem de la creme, the people that they're not bitching, they're not complaining because the money is there, you know, I mean, look at Connor McGregor for crying out loud and granted he's like, you know, he's kind of like a unicorn, if you will, But there's plenty of other people that are making very.
Speaker 1: Very good livings.
Speaker 5: Do you like Chandler McGregor?
Speaker 14: Probably Chandler, Let's be honest. You know, McGregor's has been out. It'll be almost four years by then. He's made so much money and the motivation probably isn't there, you know, And he likes to party, and why not, God bless him. Hey, you enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: He's done it. He come in, he changed the game, won the belts, made the money.
Speaker 14: Well, we're boys, and Michael's gonna good to hear that. Yeah, no, no, of course you are. Yeah, I love Channeler as well. Listen, what else has McGregor got to prove? The only reason he still wants to fight is because you can have all the money in the world, but you can't buy a championship in the UFC. And and as all fighters, we operate on ego and we want to say we're the best, we're the toy. And he goes back to as I was saying before, but me always getting in fights. I wanted to be the baddest motherfucker around. I wanted to be the toughest guy. And it's the same ship, it's the same school yard stuff that we're all fucking doing. But we're professional fighters. They want to be the toughest and the hardest and the baddest guy. And McGregor wants that, and he's trying to prove that he still is. You know, that's why you're coming back. And he's respect from the fight community, and the only way you get that is by fighting. You can't buy that. So fair play to him for still trying, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, But he gives a need to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael Man, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 2: This is all the time you in here. Energy was high after it. Why you successful? Immediate I'm quite tired. As far as YouTube show everything. Where can we find yourself?
Speaker 14: I don't really like to do that because you just cringe. I've put myself out of the but you know, just check it out.
Speaker 5: Google it.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it, guys. You can find me on the you know, nah, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: Fucking google it, you know, you know, you know he's been in front of the camera bike Michael's Bisbee Show.
Speaker 4: Subscribe, make sure you're subscribed.
Speaker 1: Believe you meet podcast, and just just just google it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, appreciate you brother guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much