Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Thursday, April twenty third, and seven months now after her body was found in the trunk of singer David's car, we now know how Celeste Revs Hernandez died and it's horrible and with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Robes. How she was found right dismember decomposing was horrific enough, and now we've finally gotten some details and it's just I think a fourteen year old child went through this.
Speaker 2: It is awful to even hear about, and yet we've been waiting for so long to hear about how the manner of death, how Celestrivus Hernandez was killed. This was a twenty six page medical examiner's report that was released, and we now know that she died of multiple penetrating injuries. Basically, you can between the lines and say it looks like she was stebby. So there were two wounds that were sharp force injuries, one to the left chest that damaged her ribs and one to her right abdomen that punctured her liver.
Speaker 1: There are plenty more details we're going to talk about as we get into this, but road this is fascinating because one part that was fascinating to me is the date. I believe they said this was all wrapped up. Essentially they knew this and they've had this information for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've had it since December, correct, So they found her body in September. It took them a couple months to be able to make these determinations, these findings, but they had her cause of death, her manner of death as early as December. And we're only now And by the way, when I say we, that includes the family are only now learning about how their daughter died months and months after the officials already knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's and we do. We had to remember that Robes. This is as shocking as it is to us. This family is having to hear that this fourteen year old child went through this. We all wondered how she died. Could there have been some kind of an accident, Robes and then he or whoever, maybe she accidentally died and then the person freaked out and did this horrific thing. No, this was, as they already have charged him with, Robes. As this points out, this was an intentional act.
Speaker 3: To absolutely kill this girl.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they say there were additional skin abrasions, but they couldn't determine exactly what the cause of those were because of the decomposition. But they mentioned that, and I think we've heard this detail before, that her arms and legs were dismembered. They were in one bag, her head and torso were in another. But I also thought it was interesting two fingers they say, were removed from her left hand, and at first I thought, oh, maybe it was to get rid of the tattoo. But no, the tattoo is on the inside of her right index finger, and that was documented in the autopsy report. That's the one that reportedly matches David's tattoo. The tattoo, and now that we know what he's being charged with, the sh makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: It's just too oh my god.
Speaker 3: They were in a relationship.
Speaker 2: He entered into a relationship that was I hate to even use the word taboo.
Speaker 3: It was criminal. She was thirteen.
Speaker 2: They had documented that she was thirteen when he started having sex with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was no point and as young as he is, there's no point. These two knew each other that he was a minor. No, he was an adult, he was a man. The whole time, and there was no point these two should have been involved in anything. Obviously, like you said, ropes, not taboo, not worried about what people were going to think about him, that he was going to.
Speaker 4: Go to jail.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Do you know what part of the autopsy this made I don't know how you feel about this. That actually made me feel The sickest of all was reading that she still had her braces on.
Speaker 1: When she died. Just a reminder she was a kid, exactly, Just a reminder this.
Speaker 4: Is a baby.
Speaker 1: We know that because we got a baby in our house, right, we got a thirteen year old. The idea of our sabine running around somewhere with a grown twenty year old doing she's a child. She brings us cookies, she does kids stuff.
Speaker 3: She just got her braces off.
Speaker 1: Come on, this is uh yeah, I know what you're talking about. And yes, there were some reminders in there as you're reading through this horrific thing, and then at the end you get reminded that you're reading about what happened to a child. Yeah, you should be a little shook. Yeah by that Robes he I mean some significant like you said, the family, Yeah, we should get into the family here ropes because they were two different statements. I guess we got from the family and we got one after these autopsy results were released, and again they're hearing it for the first time. But road we the hearing, what was it after he was arrested, and I don't think we got a chance to get into this. He had a previous appearance in court in which he did plead not guilty. The family was supposed we were expecting to hear from the family from the first time that day, and it was just a kind of a weird series of events prevented that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they a were overwhelmed emotionally, obviously by just seeing David in court, hearing him plead not guilty, hearing the charges leveled against him. But they were still planning to come out and speak to reporters, which we had talked about and we were anticipating. But then there was a bomb threat called into the courthouse, and according to their attorneys, they just were overwhelmed with the emotions of the day, and then the fear of this bomb threat was just the final straw and they just opted instead to head home and they released a statement just about their daughter about how they were relieved, of course, that someone was finally being accountable, but this was also telling. They said, every Friday night was movie night, and we spent wonderful times together. We loved her very much, and she always told us that she loved us. We miss her deeply. All we want is justice for Celeste. That's what they said, and that's what they were planning to say in front of the microphones that day on Monday when he was when he entered that plea, I didn't see.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you got any shot of them.
Speaker 1: How big a representation, how many members essentially went to that first hearing. I can't imagine sitting in that courtroom from feet from him at this point.
Speaker 2: I know it's an unthinkable thing to just finally get your eyes or lay eyes on the man who did unthinkable things to their daughter. Yes, and after the autopsy results were released, their attorney said that this makes total sense that the results caused profound emotional pain for the family.
Speaker 3: But here was the statement, the.
Speaker 2: Revus Hernandez family is absolutely devast stated by the findings contained in the medical examiner's report involving the horrible and gruesome death of their beloved daughter, they respectfully ask for privacy, understanding, and patience as they process this information. And I thought that was such a good way to put it, because I don't even know, like the processing of something this horrific would take a lot of time just to even get your head around the fact that your daughter went through what this autopsy is revealing she went through.
Speaker 1: Man, but already you're to the point that they're I mean, just to think she was dismembered, right, they were already in this horrible place. How does this story ropes in some way keep getting worse? It dealt from the moment we first heard about this, and we weren't familiar with singer David last year and we heard about this body being found. We immediately text our daughters and everybody text back. Yeah, started naming songs, even naming songs of his. They even liked we had no idea. We have been staring at this case every single day since she was found. And Rhodes, you are the one. You I remember you first of all, being like, wait a minute, he performed right when his body was first found, Like as soon as the body was found, they.
Speaker 3: Went on stage that night.
Speaker 1: How horrific is this?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: We were devastell like, wow, oh my god, it's horrible. And then you wake up the next day here he performed, and that got worse, and then you hear he's not cooperating, and things start getting worse and worse and worse as we go along and find out more, and as we continue to find out more, mean Rhodes, we like, how much more can there be for this family if we're even hearing these details, like this story keeps getting worse.
Speaker 2: Right, and then just the fact that they had to wait so long for any sort of answers. And the medical examiner addressed that as he released the autopsy, because we had reported on this earlier, he had already been very vocal he was upset that the autopsy results had been sealed because he felt like that there's should be transparency, that this shouldn't and wouldn't hinder the investigation. So he definitely spoke out a few months ago, but took his moment as well. When the autopsy was finally released, he said, after several months, I am grateful this information can now be released not only to the public, but also to the grieving family enduring loss. It is unfathomable they have had to wait this long to learn what happened to their daughter.
Speaker 4: I'm with him.
Speaker 1: I remember when he first made that statement, Rose was strong and we were thinking, WHOA, what is going on behind the scenes, and we were kind of, yeah, we can see his frustration robes. Now that we know what we know, it's hard not to side with police to not want these details floating around for a couple of months as you're still getting your ducks in a row to arrest. Can you imagine the pressure on them and how this thing would have run even wilder if we new these detailed robes.
Speaker 2: I don't know the case would have been even I don't know how it would have been in a bigger spotlight than it would have. And certainly you don't want to tip your information or to the defense so that they can potentially start coming up with a plan for their day in court.
Speaker 3: You don't want to give that to David and his team.
Speaker 1: And what would have been their option in the meanwhile is to fight it in the press, is to fight it in the headlines, to start leaking this, to start doing that, this would have been a mess.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, they've made their arrest, they've got their evidence now robes and just that now in context. That's why sometimes you need full context before you just get on to somebody, because we.
Speaker 4: Wanted the information.
Speaker 1: At the time. We were like, come on, man, release it. But man, the police now this seems to have made it.
Speaker 2: It certainly does a good point and there is a lot more to come. Today when we come back, we're going to tell you David is going to be back in court and he is asking for something that almost no defendant has ever asked for in the state of California.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back here to this.
Speaker 3: This is Thursday, right, Thursday, April twenty third.
Speaker 1: And that is an important date in the case of singer David. He's going to be in court today. Do I wait a minute, When was the last.
Speaker 3: On Monday he was entered his plea third?
Speaker 4: What was it last day they said they believe she was alive.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do believe it was April twenty third.
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes, babe, you're right. It was April twenty third, twenty twenty five. This is actually one year ago. Today is when Celestial Wow, I did not realize that walked into or was last scene entering David's home in Hollywood Hills.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Wow, sends a chill. No, I didn't why that dates undt familiar. We've been guys, we've been staring at this case for a while, and yeah, that date jumps out, but we're at the one year anniversary the last time this girl was seen alive, and yeah, she would have been fourteen.
Speaker 4: At that time.
Speaker 1: The police believe she died and in April twenty third, now is a very big date for a singer dated.
Speaker 4: What I call him?
Speaker 3: Did I say David?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 4: Because he does have a hearing to date.
Speaker 1: Now, we're not going to get a chance to see it, but officially Robes hopefully we'll get the info and there could be a lot more coming out today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, because this is scheduled to take place at eight thirty am California time, which is eleven thirty am Eastern time. And so here's what lawyers are asking for. His lawyers want the evidence against him, the evidence that the prosecution has against him. They want it made public. So this is a really rare move, as it's been explained to me. But basically, David's exercising his right in California to have a judge decide within ten days of his arraignment whether there's enough evidence to proceed to trial. So they are already coming out swinging, show us what you got, and we want the judge to say, you think that's enough to charge him, because we don't.
Speaker 3: We want to have you rule.
Speaker 2: In ten days whether or not this looks like there is enough evidence to go to trial.
Speaker 4: Does this?
Speaker 1: I don't know why everybody doesn't do this, meaning ROMs, why not right? Why not take what's the risk here? Necessarily for them? Get it all out there, let us see, let us do it now and move on. Yeah, giving him bail anyway, so we might as well take a shot at it here.
Speaker 2: The argument is that most defendants and their team want the time to take their moment to investigate, to prepare, to take a look at the evidence, to find counter claims, to come up with the defense. All of that time is on the side of the defense to have that moment to get their ducks in a row, because the prosecution has certainly been doing that for the past seven months. Yeah, so it's rare that you would want to just push forward.
Speaker 1: Because how many murder cases rogues have we seen where the judge in a preliminary hearing says, nah, we don't need to move forward with trial. Of course this is going to trial. We know this is going is the judge is.
Speaker 2: A show of confidence then like, we are so sure our client is innocent, we actually need you to even show what you've got at this moment because it couldn't be much.
Speaker 1: Don't even though we are not lawyers. Every time we ask lawyers for some expertise on something, we're shocked. We're wrong every single time. So there's some strategy in this that they absolutely know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I thought the DA's response was quite interesting, if not entertaining. When they asked for this, the DA said, oh, yeah, the prosecution will be very happy to present our evidence, and we already have forty terabytes collected that can be shared immediately.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't know what pherabytes ar, but it sounds big. It's a lot of forty terabytes they say they have ready to.
Speaker 1: Go forty that's uh, that's was that forty iPhones full of information?
Speaker 2: I guess so, yes, basically they say they have quite a bit. But look, just to remind everyone, David is facing potentially the death penalty in this case. This is a potential life or death situation for him. He's facing first degree murder with special circumstances continuous sexual abuse of a child under fourteen, and mutilating human remains. I thought this was interesting. Prosecutors got very specific because they say he had substantial sexual contact with Celest between September seventh, twenty twenty three and September seven, twenty twenty four. And they make that distinction because that is when she was thirteen, and the charges having sex with a minor under fourteen, and so they're saying for the full year of her thirteenth birthday, there was substantial sexual contact.
Speaker 4: Ah Jesus, And.
Speaker 3: Look, this is what they're claiming.
Speaker 2: They claim that because of that sexual relationship with a minor under fourteen, when she threatened to expose that relationship and devastate his musical career, that is when prosecutors say he made the decision, the premeditated decision to murder Celeste and dismember her body. And why it ended up in that tesla, we don't know, because that is the thing that just is beyond I mean, all of it is horrific and questionable. But just in terms of you've hid the body for how long and now you put it in your car on a public street and you go off and tour the world.
Speaker 3: That makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: It makes zero sense, Robes, What did he think was going to happen.
Speaker 4: To Robes?
Speaker 1: He is not guilty, and at this point he is an innocent man until a jury says otherwise. But Robes, that is one detail they're plentying here. We can't figure out. That is one detail of stupidity. Frankly that I don't that makes this seem unlikely. This could have been him.
Speaker 3: It seems like you were trying to get caught.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ROAs, he left the body on the street. It was nearly it wasn't even that far from his house, walks away, Rops and just go on tour. He knows what the body is going to smell. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: The only thing I could think of is if he pissed somebody off, someone knew about it, and then move the body from whatever freezer he had in.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, put it in the car just to get him.
Speaker 1: See And this is why you don't release the medical examiner's report, because you give folks time to just speculate on all kinds of scenario really, and so we do not know. We will find out more today. We are keeping a close eye on that court room, waiting for reports to come out of it. But again there will not be cameras in the courtroom today. But we always appreciate you spending some time here with us. Just want to update you on this story. There will be plenty of updates throughout. This story of David is just getting started. But for now, I'm TJ. Holmes on wehalf of my dear Amy Robot Tump to the Caation P