Speaker 1: Welcome to Wired to Hunt's rut Fresh Radio, bringing you the latest reports from the whitetail Woods, presented by First Light, creating proven versatile hunting apparel for the stand, saddle or blind. First Light Go farther, stay longer, and now your hosts, Casey Smith and Tyler Jones.
Speaker 2: Welcome to rot Fresh Radio. I'm your host, Casey Smith. And guess what. The rut is raging around the country. There are deer doing all kinds of deary things. However, the weather is not cooperating. Will it affect the rut? Let's see, this is rough Fresh.
Speaker 3: Let's go what has happened in all you woods people.
Speaker 2: This is rough Fresh Radio being Beneto's brought to you my first log gear. And I've been wearing the tar on a first log gear because it's been cold and it's been hot.
Speaker 3: It's been everything in between.
Speaker 2: I've got about seventeen pieces in my backpack right now. Uh and uh that's good. Makes some backpack nice and full, and you need that when you're hung on the ground.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like your seat pad pretty much.
Speaker 3: It's seventy six degrees in here and you have on your first light puffy right now?
Speaker 4: Is it really seventies?
Speaker 5: I feel like it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's it's kind of it's kind of warm.
Speaker 4: Whenever you're talking to me on the phone today, Miscle's in his Marino.
Speaker 3: Well, Miscle, that's all he wore.
Speaker 2: That's all there. What pieces that furnace furnace hoodie. That thing was hot, dude, Listen, he was wearing it today. When I was talking to you on the phone, I stripped down to nothing but my Marino briefs because it was so hot.
Speaker 4: There were both way Merinos. Look at y'all.
Speaker 2: It's right out there, the Marino Boys together, Marino banditdo is up in here.
Speaker 3: That's us.
Speaker 2: So, uh, we've got some rough, fresh interviews today. I don't know if y'all know this, but it's the month of November and it's a big deal. Yeah, So these are the big times, the good stuff to listen to.
Speaker 3: We've got some crazy stuff talk about here in a bit.
Speaker 2: But I believe that there's a good number of you sitting there sad, quiet alone, just crying in your pillow because it's after November tenth and the rut's over.
Speaker 3: For the rest of your life is that the right tiler. Is that right? No, Oh, my gosh, it's not.
Speaker 6: No. No, listen, y'all. The rutt is raging right now. It's raging.
Speaker 4: You know what. Else, I'm gonna give you a little bit optimism here.
Speaker 3: I need it.
Speaker 6: Once, I'm serious. Once I was talking to Greg about this this morning. Once the doe, once the bucks have made their rounds to all the family dough groups and a lot of the does become bred, the bucks get more active even or at least they're more visible.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: So, in other words, this buck is still full of testosterone. He's still mad at the world. He still thinks he's got breeding rights to everything that walks right now. And he also knows that there are a bunch of does that are not in heat anymore or whatever not. They've already been bred, and so he has to make these rounds longer and longer and longer to find the dough last does that aren't bred. And then eventually, in my opinion, there's what a lot of people call the second rut, which happens when a lot of times, when you know, depending on buckdough ratios, if there wasn't something that was bred, you know, a month later then it'll come back in or for the six month old deer that are kind of just becoming mature enough to do the thing right. So there's a lot of hope involved right now. In fact, I think a lot of guys would agree. But for me in the Midwest, the Thanksgiving area has always been a really good time for me in my opinion. I actually one eyed jack. I shot that deer in twenty fifteen and he was following a big mature dough on Decemimber second. So there's there's great things that happen. That's a as a Kansas deer, y'all. I mean, those these are deer that behave like the quote unquote Midwest deer that everybody thinks November seventh is the last day they do anything right. So have hope, have hope that it will it can happen.
Speaker 2: I've talked to many killers, actually not just Tyler, who say that they like the teens in November the best for killing and likes this big mature deer.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't personally have the experience of that to to confirm or deny, but I can see where they out there. Yeah, and you go find them and it works. One of the things, honestly that at least in our neck of the woods, that you could have going for you is that the cover gets more sparse and the deer in the open because you have frosts. So a lot of the country gets the first frost between October twenty eighth and November seventh, and that's going to cause leaves to fall. It's gonna cause the grass turn brown and die and fall over and it and like, things can look a lot different from Halloween to you know, November tenth, and you can find visible deer ye, So get out there, get your glass out if you hadn't. You know, there's a lot of guys that kill big dogs that way. Well, Chancey Walters, we you know friends the program Chancy Walters. He kills big deer that way just putting eyes on him, which element yeah okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: By the way, check out the Only podcast if you hadn't, that's our main show. We talk all about hunting tactics, stories from our hunts, and we laugh a whole whole lot.
Speaker 3: So if you like to be a part of fun things, check that out.
Speaker 2: But today we're gonna have some fun as well, because man, I was responsible this week. Tyler has held it down. No, I don't mean I'm responsible. I mean this just this week. Oh yeah, Tyler's held it down all year while I've been on these hunts, and now we're kind of swapping rolls a little bit. He has some really cool hunts that he's been going on. So I was the guy who gathered guests this week, and it just so happens. I got a lot of dudes on here that sound kind of like me. Well, I have a relative, Isaac Smith. He didn't sound like me, but he we're relatives. So yeah, he's up there hunting in Michigan, had some success up there. We have Patrick Paysinger.
Speaker 4: Isaac's been successful in Michigan though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, apparently it's going down in Michigan. Yeah, well, there you go. That's it.
Speaker 4: It's calm in Texas, Kilam, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Don't matter where the big numbers this week, guys, by the way, so just wait some big numbers when it comes to predictions. Patrick pay Singer from dead En Game calls he is in Kansas right now hunting a giant.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brennan Rhodes, my high school best friend, one of my best friends of my life, has been in Old Mexico hunting deer down there. Got an interesting report from some giants that went down in Mexico. And then we've got the real Pitts, Michael Pitts from Real Tree Road Trips, the real one. He's the real one, the real deal. He fakes on Brian Bostik, and Pitts has been hunting in Georgia. And it's going down in Georgia right now apparently too. And Pitts's gonna give us a lowdown on all that country stuff. Apparently it's going down in Georgia right now as well.
Speaker 3: Man. I mean, it's mid November, right, The reports are gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Guys, don't expect anything terrible, right, but there are some intricate details that just might help you kill the big bucks. So let's get to these interviews. I have got my buddy, Isaac Smith. He has been hunting up in Michigan, chasing the bucks around with some success.
Speaker 3: Isaac, what's going on, Hey, how's it going? Man? Oh, it's going pretty good.
Speaker 2: Just trying to get some work done while I'm in the middle of a hunt and dealing with you know, hot temps and all that.
Speaker 3: Well, how's it looking up there.
Speaker 7: It's been pretty pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: A lot of active bucks in Michigan, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: That's cool, man. I heard all the bucks got killed in Michigan.
Speaker 2: That's what people say, Like at one point five is meture buck there, right.
Speaker 8: You know, it seems to be the trend until this time of year, and then they just start showing.
Speaker 7: Up, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah that's cool man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I've been I've been fortunate.
Speaker 8: I actually just moved to Michigan about two months ago, so it's my first full season here, so it's all new to me. But you know, yeah, I was able to get a nice buck down and then I've seen multiple other really nice nine to ten point type bucks with good frames.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: What the what all the the attitude about Michigan is about, honestly, because I'm seeing great bucks here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I mean there's been some big ones killed there, for sure. I think it's just a lot of hunters, which translates to a lot of pressure. But there's a lot of deer, so everybody gets to have fun. Yep, for sure, what are those deer doing that you're seeing come again, like the deer that you're that you had success with, and the other bucks that you've seen around. What are they doing are they are they doing a bed to feed things still? Are they scraping or are they chasing?
Speaker 7: Dose?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're scraping. They seem to be cruising.
Speaker 7: I have not seen a single buck chasing all all fall, so that seems a little weird to me.
Speaker 8: I feel like, in you know, previous years, primarily being in my home base of Wisconsin, you know, there'd be.
Speaker 7: A lot of chasing by now.
Speaker 8: But and I was in Wisconsin last week too, and I did not see any chasing there either.
Speaker 7: But as it was weird.
Speaker 8: But yeah, a lot of bucks moving in the morning, and it's it's kind of been like really warm mid day around south central Wisconsin and Michigan, So I don't know, mostly morning activity.
Speaker 3: That's directly related to temperature.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I heard that the acorn crop has been just like off the charts and it's keeping dear more local. I don't know if that's something you've been hearing as well.
Speaker 3: But around the country it seems to be the case.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is in East Texas, I just talked to Michael Pittson in Georgia.
Speaker 3: He said the same thing. So it seems as if that's that's what's going on.
Speaker 7: That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 8: I would have thought that just it being the rut would kind of overrule all other factors.
Speaker 7: Whether it's warmer, cold, or acorns or not or whatever.
Speaker 8: But it's definitely, in my experience, the last couple of weeks seem to be.
Speaker 7: The least ruddy rut like that I've experienced.
Speaker 3: That's weird, man.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think that the just consistency that's on the weather charts right now is going to help or hurt that?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I've just I've been wround this whole season so far, so I'm not sure what.
Speaker 3: To expect, you know. Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 8: It's it's on these colder mornings like this morning, my son and I were out, we had a couple a couple of good Bucks come through, and then it just kind of shut off, you know, by ten o'clock or so, and that's just when the temperatures kind of spikes and and we just kind of get bored.
Speaker 3: So are y'all hunting like deep in cover or are you doing the field edge thing.
Speaker 7: It's a mix of both.
Speaker 8: I got this property in Michigan that borders a golf course, so I can see him out on.
Speaker 7: The golf course.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, but then we're back in the cover, so they kind of you know, head back in these cut trails and stuff. So true you can see them coming before they hit the timber. So that's kind of yeah, that is cool. Yeah, it's been fun, but no, not not really doing the field edge thing, not so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you were to look ahead for the next week and to rate the next week on a scale of one to ten for buck movement, what would you call.
Speaker 7: It, I'd say in Michigan that'd be like a eight.
Speaker 3: Oh that's pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I've had.
Speaker 8: Like a good shooters come through every set for the last week, and it's kind of it kind of seems to be just.
Speaker 7: The frequency is kind of going up.
Speaker 8: And I've got I've got one buck tag left here in Michigan, so I'm I'm kind of saving it for a special one.
Speaker 7: But but the.
Speaker 8: Opportunities, for sure, they're like, uh, they seem to be cruising hard. Yeah, but again just like that, I don't know, I don't see him dogging does.
Speaker 2: Like so, well, who knows that point in time, you know, like it is November and you gave it an eight.
Speaker 3: So they're listening and they're going to cooperate. I think so. I think that this is your week.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: You're gonna fill that last buck tag on a giant I hope.
Speaker 8: So fire arms open tomorrow, So that's a wild card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 7: Well I'm gonna just keep it up and try to make it happen.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Ride the roller coaster, man. I appreciate the report. You bet on the phone. I have got my buddy Patrick pay Singer from dead End Game Calls. I used to call him Big Pat, but he's kind of medium Pat these days. You've been slimming up Patrick.
Speaker 10: Yes, I have had to keep over those kiddos.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you, man, and keep up chasing them.
Speaker 4: Deer.
Speaker 2: You're up in Kansas right now. Actually we are sharing a state at the moment. We're both in Kansas and trying to find some big whitetail bucks.
Speaker 3: You put in eyes on any.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, I am seeing a lot riding around. Been just doing some road scouting in the mornings and seeing them on their feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guarantee you man.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know, different parts of the country the rut looks different. And in Kansas, this later I don't know if you call it later, but you know, at least kind of middle of the rut seems to really get them deer out running around.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're seeing?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's exactly what I say. It seems like.
Speaker 9: The week leading into Thanksgiving is always the best in Kansas, at least a part southeastern Kansas where I'm at, the bigger boys get up closer, you get the Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, And that's that's exciting too, because you know sometimes people look at like once the first ten days of November is over, it's like over. It's like, no, man, there's a lot of good stuff going on right now, that's right. Yeah, yeah, So what are the deer really doing? Are they targeting dough betting areas? Are they heading the food or like, what do you say seeing bucks doing right now?
Speaker 9: What I'm seeing is a mixture of I'm seeing some single mature bucks out with those out in the middle of the pastures and the stage, and then I'm just seeing loan cruisers, cruisies, ditches and fence rows looking for those.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing big mature bucks doing that?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just seems like the transition right now from young immature bucks to mature bucks getting on their feet this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is that you think that's is that weather related? Is it dates or what makes that happen?
Speaker 10: I think it's dates. I think it would be even better if it was a little bit cooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're looking at a pretty pretty I wouldn't call it bleak outlook, but it's just a very monotonous weather pattern that we're in, you know, for the foreseeable future. We're looking at similar dates, which I guess be good, right, I mean, if you got a pattern, they're going to hold to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is very stagnant weather. It's actually working really good because I'm targeting a specific big mature buck and he is not on a dough. He's going from betting to feed and uh so it's better for me trying to hunt one single buck of not having him chasing and on a dough.
Speaker 3: Right now, How are you getting the intel about this buck?
Speaker 10: Trail cameras?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're running cameras running celle cameras and getting pictures of you having to go check cards or what do you do with that?
Speaker 10: No, I'm running a Browning cell phone camera. Yeah, and it's it's.
Speaker 9: Just outside the betting. They're they're coming from betting, hitting some grain and then he's actually hitting a pond going out to the big bean field and and where he's hitting this, it's been right after shooting, and this this morning he actually hit it going back into betting right at shooting time. So I know he's betting close, and I'm fixing to hit the woods and go after him.
Speaker 3: Oh today, you're gonna go kill us deer today? Huh.
Speaker 9: I hope the wind is right and I know he's betty close, So I'm going in this afternoon after.
Speaker 3: Him on one of those sets like that.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to do pre hung sets or you do you already have or you got your gear? You're gonna go in and just kind of do running gunstop top dealer, what are you doing?
Speaker 9: Typically here I do running gun and use the cruiser saddle, but here with limited trees, we do have a pre hume set right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, man, I mean it's it's being able to run and guns good.
Speaker 2: But having that pre pre hung set is a real quiet, easy way to get in the tree and be pretty comfortable too.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 3: So what do you think the deer are going to be doing?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you're gonna tag out tonight, so you don't really have to know too much, right, But if you were going to say, you know, for people out there who are thinking about mey, you know, hitting the road and heading over, they're kind of looking at that weather out looking kind of I don't know, what do you think that you're gonna be doing over the next week.
Speaker 9: I think starting Friday or Saturday here in the southeast.
Speaker 10: It's going to go up. It's going to go up because.
Speaker 9: I'm seeing it get down into the fifties is a high north wind. So I think about Friday or Saturday, we're going to see it kick even up.
Speaker 3: Oo.
Speaker 2: Man, that gets me excited to I have a tag just burning a hole in my pocket because's kind of like you, you know, I'm itching. So that's exciting stuff, dude. I can't wait to get out there and get after him with you. If you had to give it a rating on a scale of one to ten for the next week, for Buck movement. What would you call it, I'd.
Speaker 9: Say it's going to go from a six to an eight.
Speaker 2: Eights are good, dude, I like big eights especially. You know, I'll take you away. Yeah, awesome, Patricause. That's great info, dude. I really appreciate it, and I appreciate your friendship.
Speaker 3: Man. I hope you kill a giant tonight.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, sounds good, brother, and I hope you do too.
Speaker 2: On the throne, I've got East Texas finest Brennan Roads. However, he has been down hunting Old Mexico. This is one of my best friends of all time.
Speaker 3: Brendan.
Speaker 2: What's going on, dude, Oh not much, man, not much. Who you've been out caping deer?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I had a friend of mine.
Speaker 11: He killed a pretty good buck he's gonna get mounted, and he asked.
Speaker 3: Me to help him cape it out. So I went and fellowship and skinned of deer.
Speaker 5: Go Lee.
Speaker 2: Man, you just a good buddy to have around, and you got some good buddies that have decided to let you go down to Old Mexico with him.
Speaker 3: This is Mexico for our northern friends.
Speaker 2: Uh. And you've been doing a little white til hunting down there, Yes, sir, Yeah, Man, tell me about that.
Speaker 3: What's it like down there?
Speaker 2: It is amazing, very game rich environment, probably one of the one of the top, one of the top hunts that I've ever been on.
Speaker 3: Man, that's cool. And you've been doing a lot of hunting.
Speaker 2: I was with you and you killed your first elk, and I mean it kind of hurts my heart a little bit for you tell me that that's one of the top hunts you've ever been on. But I would assumed of the top hunts. Yeah, I've seen that's in one of the top tiers there. They're sharing it, yeah, for sure. So you've seen a lot of a lot of deer down there then, huh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, uh a fair amount. I mean, you know, talking to those guys, it was it was slow movement, but.
Speaker 2: To my standard, it was it was pretty good. Yeah, what's going on down there? Those deer eating agriculture? Are they just living out in the wild or what do they do? So where we're hunting there is uh, absolutely no agriculture. It is uh it is just short brush canyons.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: The terrain, it's got some pretty good terrain to it, Uh, some canyon type stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean it's just it's wild country. What state is that in Mexico or probably that's where they call them khila.
Speaker 2: All right, that's like that salt hot sauce on the counter at the cafe, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's it, that's it. That's cool.
Speaker 2: And so y'all are targeting these deer uh at water you're feeding or what?
Speaker 3: What's going on down there?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: We are, we are there. There are troughs you know for the it is a operating cattle ranch.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh they're so you know you can key off there. There are no there is no natural pond water or tank water.
Speaker 11: Uh it is uh, it's all uh solar pumped and fed down the water troughs.
Speaker 3: I mean there are.
Speaker 2: There are opportunities to hunt on the water and uh also you know, uh this time of year, you know there's the corner is effective.
Speaker 11: But you know, as far as deer movement being slow, it's they got a lot of rainfall this year and.
Speaker 3: For November it was extremely green.
Speaker 2: Got you, got you, and so whenever you're down there in November right now, is it pre rut?
Speaker 3: Like bachelor groups?
Speaker 2: Are they separated making scrapes and doing the thing or what's going on.
Speaker 11: So we did, We did find scrapes, we did find some fresh grapes, and uh that we were that.
Speaker 3: We were, you know, running gun cameras.
Speaker 11: This, that and the other, trying to locate different deer that they seen in Velvet. And but as far as right now, you know, pre rut, I mean it is. I would say that it's probably on the cuff of becoming pre rut. Like it's you might see you might see a young deer try to try to bump a dough around, but it's really not starting to kick there yet.
Speaker 3: Got you? Got you?
Speaker 2: So you actually shot you nasty down there, man. Congratulations on that. It's pretty cool and it seemed like y'all had a real good hunt. Is this kind of like this cusp of the rut? Is that like the good time to be there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, any time to be there is a good time, you know. But I would say I've never been there in December?
Speaker 3: Yeah I do. I do one of these days.
Speaker 11: Hopefully, Lord willing, I'll be able to make a December trip, because about mid December.
Speaker 3: They really are, they really are rutting hard.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you think they're gonna do in to hear in about the next week or so, you think it's gonna be kind of more of the same, or what's it gonna look like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say probably in the next couple of weeks, you're probably gonna start if I had to guess, you know, when I'm still a greenhorn from Mexico hunting. I've been in January, I've been in November. But I really feel like by the way I've seen some of the younger deer act, I feel like that you're going to start seeing more activity, you know, moving towards you know, checking those and uh, you know what I call cruising. One thing we did notice, we did see some We did see some older deer start gaining some ground. As far as territory, you know, it's a very vast you know, the ranch that we were hunting is very big, and uh, you know summertime, you know, they're they're kind of locked down to their home turf.
Speaker 3: We were seeing bucks.
Speaker 2: My you know, upwards to two miles from where they were.
Speaker 3: You know, getting pictures of them summertime on their feet. That's cool.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: So if you look forward for like the next week, what do you expect the deer movement, the buck movement.
Speaker 3: Excuse me to be like, on a scale of one to ten.
Speaker 11: I would say probably in the next week, you're probably I'd say I'd probably rate it at six, all right, And then as time goes on, of course, I feel like that's really gonna start taking off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the roller coaster is starting to tick right getting on up there. Well, that's cool, man, appreciate the report. It's from a neat area of the country. I'm glad you got to go down there, man, and it was a blood really really appreciate you, man, absolutely. Now I've got Michael Pitts, the real Pits or Pits as most people just call him. And this dude's a killer from all over the country from you can see him on real tree road trips and right now he is in Georgia.
Speaker 3: Michael, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 5: Man, it's just enough a day in paradise this way I call it to see it and everything else.
Speaker 3: So that's good man.
Speaker 5: I was glad to be here.
Speaker 3: What's the temperatures running right now in your area?
Speaker 5: Georgia temperatures right now, we've been kind of on a roller coaster here lately a little bit it got real cold and then it warmed up a little bit to the mid seventies or so. It's falling back down the past few days. So we're getting a lot better movement, you know, right now. The colder weather always helps the visibility as far as daytime and mature bucks go. So we're dealing with about sixty five degree tempts right now on the high and the lows are around forty to forty.
Speaker 3: Five right now. Y'all still have leaves on the trees or is all that cover gone?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, we got leaves on the trees still. Now. It's going pretty quick right now, but we've still got, you know, a little bit of concealment left in the trees. You know, it's not totally naked up there yet, but it's on its way to being. We're probably at about fifty percent right now. I would say, got you, got you. And so you've been hunting Georgia quite a bit. What are the deer really doing right now?
Speaker 3: Are they pre rut or are they they starting to get after it now?
Speaker 5: They're starting to get after it right now. I would say the past couple of weeks have been a good pre rut phase to where you see a lot of the younger deer chasing, but your mature deer not on their feet yet. The past few days we've been seeing a lot of mature deer on their feet, which is a good thing and lets you know that the rut is actually kind of starting to have. But it's just not the young ones acting crazy. The temperature has affected it a little bit. I mean, we were well on our way to probably having an early rut and then we had a temperature spike, which the temperature spikes, I don't think that necessarily stops the rut. I think it stops us from visually seeing it because they go more nocturnal and they're.
Speaker 3: Breeding at night and.
Speaker 5: That sort of thing. But the colder weather lets us allow visibility of it a little bit more because the deer just on their feet and feeding more that sort of thing. So the past couple of days have been very good. We had an encounter with a mature deer yesterday evening that was doing a lot of chase and he came in typical right five minutes after shooting lights, so we couldn't we couldn't put an air in him. But he was standing thirty yards from me, you know, and that's that well, you know that'll make you almost vomit too. Yeah, that's about as bad as a miss sometimes.
Speaker 2: Guarante you for sure. Are you pence points right now? Are you still hunting food sources or what's it look like?
Speaker 5: Oh, we've had a bumper acron crop this year. There's been more acrons on the ground than I've ever seen, which has a double edged sword if you ask me. It's good that they've got the food crop on the ground, but it's bad for patterning them because they will sit there and just meander around in an oak bottom with no potter in the bottom. So you know, it kind of makes it tough. We we had been in a drought until this last week, so you know, with what and mill do, and the acrons are getting rid of them in any fast fashion, and there's so many on the ground it's just crazy. So it's kind of been tough hunting the past few weeks just due to the fact to the acre that are all over the ground. I mean, they've got an unlimited food source there and they just love it. So they're not coming to your bait piles or your green fills or whatever near as much, and then you throw the rut activity in there, and there is surely no pattern in them. So basically it's just getting in a tree and spending some seat time and hoping it happens. Is a bowl hunter, I do not like the full rut, just because of the simple fact that you know you're limited with distance in these deer. Just everywhere you almost got a hope of dough runs up under you or whatever you know to make it happen. It's a rifle hunter's a little bit easier because you can reach out there and touch them. But I really hate the full rut, to be honest with you, just because of the fact that there's a lot of unpredictable stuff that goes.
Speaker 3: On so.
Speaker 2: Hard this next week is being that, then what do you expect going on this next week?
Speaker 5: I think the next this next week is going to be the full rut. Because I'm starting the past few days, I've started to really see the mature bucks get on their feet as far as visually myself and on camera, you're the bigger deer. More mature deer are making themselves more visible right now. So typically I look at the full rut starting. You know, when I start seeing these mature deer get on their feet and get out and start showing interest in dose, which I have been seeing the past few days.
Speaker 4: That's good. Man.
Speaker 2: So if you had to predict over the next week, which you kind of expect the buck movement to be like on be like on a scale of one ten, what would.
Speaker 3: You call it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna call it a I'm gonna call it a solid nine.
Speaker 3: That's high, brother, let's go.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you the the big deer on their feet right now. And as long as we don't get into that mid seventies temperature, I think it will be good. Uh. And I don't see the mid seventies temperatures coming back in. I think it's gonna lay in the sixties a little bit. And I think deer movement, as far as the rut goes this next week, it's gonna be what you would consider the full rut. Man.
Speaker 3: That's exciting times, dude. I appreciate that it is.
Speaker 2: It's a good time to be in the woods, man, And I hope you get you big in here this next week or.
Speaker 5: So, you and me both. I hope everybody gets a bit it's the greatest thing in the world, and it's the greatest time. Even though it's hard on a bowl hunter deer in the full rut, it's one of my favorite times to be in the woods because it's so exciting. You get to see a lot of action chasing bigger, mature deer and that sort of thing. So it's a great time. You's got to put in a lot of sleeep time to bear with it and swing from fences.
Speaker 2: That's it, man, you can't mess it with Michael. Really appreciate the time, dude, and get after him.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Listening to some Southern voices talking about some giant bucks gets me pumped. And that's what I need right now because I've been out on the dumps. But guess what empty it is misplaced. My feelings are misplaced because it is my fault. It is not the November's fault. It's not the deer's fault. They are out there to be had, so I gotta go. I gotta get them, and if you like to watch people, go get them. Young misel camera. Michael Stole just had a video go out where he is chasing some bucks and making some moves on buck betting, which I think is because he's from Ohio. We don't really do that in Texas, but Ohio. Man, he's all about him some buck bedding.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know you can translate it to what you do. You go, then just do it. You know that's right.
Speaker 3: Go check out that. It's on the Element YouTube page.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, we were talking about how mid November is still a great time to hunt, right, so quit hanging your head and get out there and hunt. Tony Peterson agrees. He wrote an article on Wired to Hunt that says is mid November the best time to shoot him mature buck question mark. He goes on to explain why it might be, and in one of the recent articles Aaron Wired to Hunt also YouTube channel the Meat Eater YouTube channel. The season twelve, The whole, the whole thing, the whole thing is coming out on YouTube right now, so make sure you're subscribing.
Speaker 3: Even bigger than that.
Speaker 2: On the Media YouTube channel, you get to watch me shoot a big Nebraska buck from a hayebial blind.
Speaker 4: I check that out. Yeah, for sure, for sure, people would way rather watch it. Steve exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're kind of brothers.
Speaker 4: But I get it same shape, right.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we appreciate you tuning in. This has been rough. Fresh, Keep it fresh.