Speaker 1: We have quarterback drama in Washington, though by that franchise's historical standards, this isn't so bad. Will Jadeen Daniels play on Sunday against Kayleb Williams and the Bears. We'll tell you the latest from Commander's HQ. An undrafted rookie who signed for twenty five thousand dollars picked off a four time NFL MVP twice last week. Did Beanie Bishop Junior really have the guts to send both those balls to Aaron Rodgers for an autograph? We will ask him when Beanie joins the show. Also, did you draft Aaron Rodgers in Fantasy football? Are you crying in the back seat about injuries?
Speaker 2: Good news?
Speaker 1: Adam rak has some quick fixes to get your team back on track. Step one, spend your next sixty minutes with us. Welcome inside with the insiders. Aside Ian Rappaport and Mike Garaffollo, I am Tom Pelisero.
Speaker 3: Week eight in the NFL got off with a bang last night and also a face mask maybe bending if you're everybody watching at home or at the officials on the field could go either way on that.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that game. The impact on Cooper Cup trade talks. Also, he followed from a big injury in that game for the Minnesota Vikings. But let's start by looking ahead to some injuries that are impact in the games coming up this weekend. And also one guy who now officially is back, Toua Tungua Bai Looa has cleared the concussion protocol was cleared by an independent neurologist Thursday after practice, and coach Mike McDaniel says that yes, Tua will be back in the starting lineup on Sunday against the Cardinals. He made that decision in concert with his family as well as medical experts, none of whom recommended that he retire from the game, so now to well as he wanted, is back on the field well, they Avis. Top wide receiver Tyreek Hill questionable after coming up with a foot injury during the week of practice. Mike McDaniel says, though he's very confident Tyreek is going to go. Zay Flowers return to practice today, he's questionable. T Higgins a surprise edition with a quad injury, questionable to face the Eagles on Sunday. DK Metcalf doubtful at this point. Deyontay Johnson out, so's Adam Thiel and so Bryce Young's return to the lineup. It's gonna be throwing a backups against the Broncos and then Micah Parsons. That's a huge loss for the Cowboys. Out Sunday night against the forty nine ers. Will Jaden Daniels play? Officially? He is listed as questionable after the rib injury that he suffered on What has to go down is the worst. I guess you'd call that a slide attempt that we'll probably see in the NFL this season. He spoke with reporters after a limited participation in practice today, was asked whether or not he was concerned that injury could linger throughout the season.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll think so. I mean, it's football. At the end of the day. Things happen. Sometimes you might have to fight through something. But if you could go, you can give you all and be smart about it. Obviously, they want to put me in any position they want to feel comfortable in from my future, and I want to put myself in that predictment.
Speaker 5: Either I felt good.
Speaker 4: Treatment all that trying to get back right. You give myself a chance to go out there, be confident, play and you know, ultimately the trainers and Adam and d Ky they make the decision let me play and stuff like that. You know they feel confident too.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's some commanders fans ian at home who are having flashbacks even though this is a totally different injury, different situation, but a number two overall pick, who's a rookie quarterback who's on instant sensation, who's dealing with an injury, And you're sitting there asking the questions, but are you worried this might linger and turn into something worse? Here? Okay, all RG three comparisons aside. Here, what do we know? Do we anticip Jaden really has a chance to be out there Sunday against the Bears.
Speaker 2: It seems like at least he has a chance.
Speaker 6: Now, let's go over what Jayden Daniels has done and what he has not done this week. Didn't practice Wednesday, which is a hugely important game plan day.
Speaker 2: Didn't practice Thursday.
Speaker 6: For the early portion of Friday's practice, he was inside getting abdominal work and some rehab works. He was out later in practice did do some team and according to head coach Dan Quinn, they pushed him pretty hard. He remains questionable. They said they're going to know over the next forty eight hours whether or not he'll be.
Speaker 2: Able to play.
Speaker 6: Generally, generally, when a young player, or really even a veteran player who is a quarterback doesn't practice Wednesday or Thursday, generally those guys don't play, not because they're not able to play, but because they haven't properly prepared to play a game.
Speaker 2: We actually saw a somewhat similar.
Speaker 6: Situation with Justin Herbert a couple of years ago, barely practiced, willed himself out there on the field and ended up having not a great performances. He was dealing with a very similar rib injury. It remains to be seen whether or not Jameen Daniels will go. The fact that Marcus Murriota looked great in relief certainly is something that will help them exercise caution. But I expect them to exercise caution anyway. This is their franchise. It's a cool game, it's a sexy game. It is just one game. If he can't go, they're gonna make sure he does not go.
Speaker 7: Much as we all want to see Number one versus Number two. The decision that the commanders are going to make has nothing to do with the matchup here. It's going to be whatdn't matter who they're playing, Like can he go? Can he not go? It's a pass fail type thing. And remember that his mother tweeted out on Sunday during the game that he's fine, and the understanding was, well, X rays came up clean and there's no rib fracture, but there's rib cartilage as well. And Ian, I think I remember there was a Lashawn McCoy report that you had that he had a fracture and it like was not the rib, it was the cartilage. And I think he missed the game it was I don't know why I remember that, but I remember that being.
Speaker 2: I remember that go for you. That was very annoying.
Speaker 7: Regardless, Yeah, just because there's no fracture, if there's a cartilage issue, that's painful, Like sometimes that's even more painful than the rib injury itself. So how functional is he gonna be. They're gonna keep this alive until Sunday. We're gonna have as much reporting as we can tomorrow into Sunday about this. We'll get our decision, hopefully before you're one o'clock games. If you have Jayden Daniels on your fantasy team. Oh wait, that's me, Ian, I need an answer before one.
Speaker 1: Thank you the analysis you only get here on the Insiders. Mike Herrofullo Dunky not Ian for a injury issue seven years ago. That's exclusive right here. All right, Let's talk about Cooper Cup because Ian had some reports on that as well. There are a lot of reports on Cooper Cup last week. He was the subject of trade calls throughout the week. There were ongoing conversations. He then came out last night, returned to the lineup, and while I don't know that this was full on, one hundred percent flamethrower Cooper Cup, he was productive five catches, fifty one yards and a touchdown. The Rams gonna win, Mike, we know. Sean McVay said up after the game, reiterated today that he does not see, and does not expect and does not want the Rams to move on from Cooper Cup. They got a big game ten days away, nine days now against Seattle that potentially could put them atop the division. Where does this conversation go from here? The conversation has been happening.
Speaker 7: It's pretty clear that there were conversations with teams regarding Cooper Cup. Ian has reported that, and it's not like Sean McVay is saying, well, that was wrong. If you're a general manager and you're less need and you're looking at the situation and it looked dire two weeks ago. Now they were confident inside the building, well, we're gonna get healthy and we can win a couple of these games here, we can get ourselves back in and it's what happened. But if you're a general manager, you've always got to be looking forward and saying, well, if we're not in it, We've got this high cost guy here, he is coming toward the latter part of his career. We've got younger receivers that we believe in. We have to make decisions for the long haul. We've got to gather draft capital. I'm going to have these conversations and then we'll see what happens. And so they went out and they won these two games, and Tommy're right, they're in the thick of this. Nobody's running away with the division. Cooper cup is an integral piece for them right now, just as he would have been for a team that they traded him to potentially so why not hang on to him and see what we can do. We certainly showed last year that we're capable of putting together a bunch of wins to claw the way our way back into it and make the postseason.
Speaker 1: That's how good they feel right now.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares what you actually report.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares that I reported the Rams were receiving calls, not making calls. Nobody cares that I reported that if they won the next two games, it would change the course of where they go. But that's all true. They have won in the next two games. I don't expect them to trade Cooper Cup now. And my source is literally Sean mcvagh on the record, who says right there on the bottom line, we expect him to stay that way.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what really shooed out for me.
Speaker 6: You can talk about the health of Cooper Cup or whether he looks as fast as he did when he's twenty two. How about the trust that Matthew Stafford has with him. That catch, right there is a throw that I don't know that any quarterback in the NFL makes us.
Speaker 2: You have absolute certainty.
Speaker 6: That the guy you are thrown to who is going to turn around that second and catch it. That was the third down, throw down the sideline. It was what you do if you know for sure your guy is gonna be there. That was as good explanation as any why one they don't want Cooper Cup to go anywhere too? With Phuka Nakua and Cooper Cup both back in the lineup, this RAMS team is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Maybe Brian Baldinger is gonna be with us in a little bit to help us also break down that game further. Also a reminder you might have seen him flying around the screen there. The trade deadline November fifth, eleven days away. Castor votes first, then tune in with us a insider special at four pm Eastern time? Do we also have one? Jeff Colletter coordinated producer at seven pm that night? Do we have two insider shows?
Speaker 2: Do we know? Hopefully?
Speaker 1: May we better believe that we have two insider shows? Do we get paid extra for that?
Speaker 8: Jeff?
Speaker 1: I believe? Yeah, No, no we do not. Beanie beishif's not gonna get traded. He's a big star as an undrafted rookie for the Steelers. What a moment for him, and now what a moment again because he's joining us on the Insiders. Right after this, Rogers.
Speaker 9: Has an empty seven kiss his snap, Steelers rushing four Rogers.
Speaker 5: He throws over the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: That's their greaterception.
Speaker 5: He is picked off Frank will Fleet, do you call me?
Speaker 8: And it is pitched off by Beatie Bishop, who was having a terrific team for the Steelers. Rogers back to pack, Rogers looking has a man in between, opened out, picked off by Beatie Bishop, bottled up in the air, test Bishop, we'll take it. Send station at all, Oh my goodness, putting the water down at Morgantown. They send us to the Morgantown ballard. They went a great knight with his young man. They count up two Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Balls, not just one, but two interceptions for Steelers undrafted rookie Beanie Bishop Junior, in addition to six tackles that he had in that game. But last week against the Jets, a big week for Bettie again to hes right here making his debut on the Insiders with me, Tom Peliicero as well as Ian rapport. Beattie. Just just watching those highlights back, you got like a thirty second highlight reel from one game halfway through your rookie career, Like, what's this like being you in this moment?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 10: Oh man, it's you know, it's great. You know, the preparation that we put in and you know, just to see it all, you know, coming into Fruition. Just being able to go out there and you know, play amongst the bass guys and you know, just to live the.
Speaker 11: Dream of playing football on Sundays. You know, it's great.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: One of our previous guests on The Insiders, Kirby Joseph, great safety for the Detroit Lions, also picked off Aaron Rodgers twice. He still has the balls and in fact, when we interview him, he were like, yeah, here it is, it's right here.
Speaker 2: Do you have those footballs?
Speaker 6: And just pick looking off Aaron Rodgers himself, with what significance.
Speaker 2: Did that have for you?
Speaker 5: No, I do not have the balls.
Speaker 10: I think they're they're in New York, are getting sent to New York, you know, for him to sign them, and you know, it just means, you know, kicking off a Hall of Fame quarterback, well, any quarterback in the NFL is great, but for my first one, in my second one to come off off of Hall of famers, you know it's great in a story that I'm going to be able to tell my kids and grand children.
Speaker 1: So tell me this, Speanie, and then there's you know, a history of this, right, you get the interception off of the quarterback and signs the jersey, signs the ball whatever. When you get them twice, is any part of you like, maybe I should only get one ball autograph because two kind of feels like I'm rubbing it in here.
Speaker 12: I was kind of thinking that too, but you know, might as well get both of them to be able to put them in the case our frame with the jersey, with the jersey to as well.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 6: Uh So, I'm looking back at some of your history here, and you know, you're last year in college, you're an All American, you led the led college football and I believe interceptions and passes defended, and then you end up as an undrafted free agent?
Speaker 2: Who signed you with the Steelers? Why didn't you get drafted?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: I wish you know, I wish I had the answer for you.
Speaker 10: I don't know if it was, you know, the the amount of time or whatever did I spend in college, But you know, I'm quite sure a lot of a lot.
Speaker 11: Of teams look back on it and you know and think maybe we should have, you know, took a chance on them.
Speaker 10: But you know, I'm break from opportunity with the Steelers, and you know I'm making the most of it.
Speaker 1: You know, the Steelers, I looked this up. They gave you a twenty five thousand dollars signing bonus, which is pretty good money for an undrafted rookie here. But that can be a feeding frendsy, right Your agent Adisa probably is getting calls from every team and the late stages, rounds five, six, seven, like, how did you end up with the Steelers?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 11: Crazy story is?
Speaker 5: You know, I watched this.
Speaker 10: I watched this at the draft obviously, you know, and I was having to get together and whatnot, you know, thinking that I'm gonna go like you know, late rounds or whatever. And you know, after the Steelers last pick was up, you know, I cut it off. You know, the phone was going dead. Just left my phone in the house. I came went back into the house after it was over, had a whole bunch of missed calls from my agents, takes call from coach Tomlin and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: So that's kind of how I knew.
Speaker 6: Wow, well you can now that you see him in person every day, you can apologize for missing his call. That's why I make sure, even when I'm plugging my phone in, you never let it leave your side.
Speaker 2: You never know what calls you could mess. So, okay, so you agree to come to the Steelers.
Speaker 6: You you go through the spring, and you get to training camp, and at some point you must have realized like, Okay, obviously I'm undrafted, but I may end up as a starter, like a big player, or maybe even a starter. Do you remember what that realization was like when you're like, all right, even though I wasn't even drafted, like I could get real playing time.
Speaker 10: You know, that was part of the you know, part of the decision making process too, of you know, me, me coming to the Steelers just because the void at the nickel position and just knowing that I would have an opportunity, you know, at least a try at the nickel spot and whatnot, and being able to make plays on special teams and Ricky Beannie Camp and and OTAs you know, I felt that I made a kind of a big stamp.
Speaker 11: On, you know, my play and a big impression on the coaches.
Speaker 1: So we talked about Aaron Rodgers, four time NFL MVP, he's won a Super Bowl. You're also playing with a Super Bowl winner now in Russell Wilson. That was his first start for the Pittsburgh Steelers without you and those two picks. I don't know that he gets to win in that first game as a starter. What's it like playing with Russ and also just knowing his personality, like did he say anything to you during or after the game?
Speaker 10: You know, Coach r actually came up to me after the first one, you know, we got points, and then the after the second one, you know, he's like, man, you got to assist on the night.
Speaker 5: So you know, they just you know, kind of.
Speaker 10: Playing complimentary football, and that was the biggest thing. And you know, Russ, me and him talk a little bit.
Speaker 11: You know, He's always like, man, come on, like we count on you and things like that.
Speaker 10: So, you know, just trying to keep my confidence and stuff like that up and making sure you know that I'm always in tune of stuff that's going on.
Speaker 11: Like even when Russ wasn't playing, you know, he was with sit in on some of the meetings, and you know, especially when we played the Broncos and you know, giving us tips and things like that.
Speaker 6: It's always always helpful to have that that extra voice. You got a ton of extra voices on that defense. I mean, that is a star study of defense from Menka.
Speaker 2: Who's back there with you?
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 6: High Smith, what's the biggest lesson or takeaway you've gotten from some of the stars who helped make this defense one of the best in the NFL.
Speaker 11: The way did they prepare, you know, the way did they take care of their bodies?
Speaker 10: You know, And like when I first got to Pittsburgh, I'm like, man, I'm going to I'm on a team with you know, Russ justin, TDJ, Mika Cam like all of those guys, and I'm just like, man, I get to I get to be in the room with Mika, you know, DJ, Deshaun.
Speaker 5: CAZy and all of those guys, and I just and I just look, not really trying to.
Speaker 10: Get on their nerves or anything, but just look at the way that they prepare, you know. I asked Mika, like, how do you study film things like that? And just watch watch those guys take care of their body. Be one of the last people out of the building. One of the first people in and things like that, and just try to, you know, try to take some of those things to you know, hopefully have a long NFL career.
Speaker 1: Last thing for you, real quick, Beani before we let you go in. Know, a lot of times guys get nicknames as kids when they're really young, and they just kind of stick forever. You're coming off a two interception game against Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Are you still cool being Beanie for the rest of your career, because right now would be a good time if you want to go back to Shannon.
Speaker 10: Nah, Yeah, I'm cool. I'm cool with Beanie on Really I can't really you know, stick saying it for real. You know, my mom only calls me that when she's mad and things like that, So I'll stick with Beanie.
Speaker 1: Well, don't get Mike Tomlin calling you that too. Just keep up getting the picks. Everything's gonna be good, Beanie, Bishop, thanks a lot for being here, Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks man.
Speaker 1: Steelers wrap up Week eight against the Giants on Monday night Lursday Night Football. Vikings rams two big boosts for La not just Cooper, cup of Pooka Nakua also back in the lineup. Matthew Stafford benefited. How about the escape right here, he's high step and he's finding Cup in the back of the end zone. That's going to tie up that game fourteen. All a wild start to it. Then the defense is kind of kicked in third quarter. Now Matthew Stafford once again going deep. This time it's DeMarcus Robinson for a twenty five yard touchdown. First Rams lead at twenty one seventeen. Late fourth quarter, Vikings down twenty eight twenty. It's their last gasp. Sam Darnald cannot find anyone taking down by Byron Young. And if it looks like this was a scene out of The Exorcist, you're not wrong. Taking another look, he tried to take Donald's head with him, holds his own head, going, I guess blew it. I got a penalty. Nope, they didn't see it. Justin. Jefferson's not happy about that. Vikings lose their second straight while the Rams improved a three and four in the thick of the NFC West. Another big loss two for the Vikings in that game left tackle Christian Darrisaw suffering a season ending knee injury. Coach Kevin O'Connell said, it is an ACL and mcl injury. They're going to be looking at a variety of different in house options. You want to anticipate looking in the trade market as well to replace one of the most important players on their team. Welcome back to the Insiders, Tom Pelaso, now join by Brian Baldinger. Baldy, you watched that game last night, Felling a really important one, especially on the Rams side. What were your biggest takeaways?
Speaker 14: Just a play of the Rams offensive line And I know, I know, in this show, Tom, we don't spend all the time talking about assistant coaches, but you got to shout out to Ryan Wendella, the head offensive line coach of the Rams. And he's got two rookies in there, number sixty seven right there justin Diditch, you know, starting his third game, a rookie free agent at a usc BO.
Speaker 5: Lima right there in the middle, starting at center.
Speaker 14: Two rookies in their starting and they protected Matt Stafford better than they had all year. They do not give up with sack to the Minnesota Vike. Kyron Williams ran for ninety seven yards. It was almost a flawless performance. And how they they played together too, it was Individually they played very well and this is a very tricky defense with a lot of blitzes. The team that blitzes the most in the NFL, they were excellent. This little pick on the outside to Kyron you go for seventeen yards. I mean, that's just a nice job of just moving the backside scoop right there and really cutting that Viking defense off.
Speaker 5: So my biggest takeaway was just the play of the line.
Speaker 14: If they play like that and you get Ryan Windell or or you look at you know, Kyron Williams running like that, and you get Matt Stafford protected to be able to throw to Nikoua and too Cooper and whatnot, this could be a dangerous, dangerous offense on the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: Love a good Ryan Wendell. Shout out the former Patriots center now the Rams offensive line coach. Is still one of the best beards in the business, baldis you very much? Mike right, you heard of the Costanza.
Speaker 7: This is the Worfs Tripston Worfs here posing with the with the wired phone is at a rotary phone. I can't really see one of the ones that you had died. I have one of those till probably like nineteen ninety four. What's up, dad?
Speaker 5: Uh Yeah?
Speaker 7: Anyway, the Creamsicles aren't back this Sunday for the divisional game, a huge divisional game because the Bucks can't afford to lose another one to the Falcons. Here, Jane Slater is going to be there. She'll have everything for you game day morning on Sunday. But you know what, we're gonna get a little snippet of it right now with Jane talking about the Buccaneers and I know, both of those wide receiver injuries Chris Godwin Mike Evans led a lot of people to say, well, the Bucks are done now. I expect this team to come out and to play hard for Todd Bowles. But the question is how do you then move on from these two wide receiver injuries.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Mike, don't count these guys out on this roster. I mean it starts really with their quarterback. You talk to a lot of these guys in the team. In fact, it was Raheem Morris who kind of had the quote for me of the day when he said, he's just the guy that's out there with the effet mentality, he's fearless and he's gone about to be fearless when he's throwing to some of his young wide receivers. One he knows very well in Sterling Shepherd, but you've also got Trey McMillan that you can throw to. And so when I was talking to Sterling Shepherd about some of that today, even though their OC was talking about, look, we're going to have to get creative, but what that looks like exactly, they're still trying to formulate. But Shephard, when I asked him about the challenge of it, he was pretty matter of fact. He said, you know, he's been playing this game since he was a little kid, and he's got a certain way of doing things and he sticks to that weekend and week out, no matter the situation. He says, he's focused on doing his job the way that he's got to do it every week. But he did say there is one underreported role for the wide receivers this week, and that's Look, we have seen this running backs room really start to step up, but they're going to need the wide receivers to make those second level blocks.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 15: When they're able to do that, you can make these big runs turn into house. So they're really going to not only lean on the wide receivers, but really hope to get that running game and take some of the pressure off of Baker and these receivers.
Speaker 7: Bucky Irving, the Buccaneers running back listed as questionable, but I believe I saw Todd Bowles.
Speaker 1: Say that he thought he was going to play in this game. I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's been a lot of stuff flying today, a lot of guys listed as questionable. So again, we'll have that news for you firmly on Sunday morning with Jane on Game day morning. Meanwhile, on the other side of this matchup, we just talked about the wide receivers for the Bucks. How about one of them for the Falcons, Drake London, who's having himself a heck of a year so far.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he is having a big year and he's beginning to sort of pop off here. And so that's why I talked to Bucks cornerback Zion McCollum about that, and he said they came into the league together, and he says he's a big.
Speaker 1: Reliable guy for the Bucks.
Speaker 15: But he says what's interesting about him is most big guys like him, they're typically X receivers, But he moves from X to Z to S and he's also there in the run game.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 15: The big thing for him this week is the film study. He says, the one disadvantag playing all over the place is he's limited in what he can do in each spot. So as an example, he said, when he's inside it slot, he's only doing one of two things. If he's tied to the core, it's probably a run play. So the key is that film study. The key is understanding where he is because that'll give you a sense of the play call.
Speaker 1: But look, you don't even have to worry about just him.
Speaker 15: I mean, you've got Kyle, You've got Kyle Pitts, You've got Beejean Robinson, so they certainly have some weapons. And when you want to talk about enthusiasm for the quarterback, just the whole vibe around that locker room has changed with Kirk Cousins and just the energy that you get from Raheem Morris. So that's why this game is going to be so exciting to watch because, as you put up week five that Falcons walked away with the win. The Bucks need this one because this could have tie breaking implications as we get closer to the postseason.
Speaker 7: Creamsickles home game, and the fact that they've got this home game after loss by the Way, and they've got the knowledge that if they lose this game, it's going to be a really tough climb to get back into it.
Speaker 1: In the ENFL s South again.
Speaker 7: I expect a uh spirited performance from the Buccaneers and the Falcon's gonna be a great game, James later, gonna have you ready for that one that I mentioned.
Speaker 1: She's there for game day morning on Sunday.
Speaker 5: She is.
Speaker 1: Jane, gotta pack, gonna get ready to play tomorrow. Thank you, Jane, buddy. What's the matter?
Speaker 2: I'm done?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 13: Everything?
Speaker 1: All my players are getting hurt and they're like some.
Speaker 5: Of the best ones.
Speaker 1: Who's hurt now?
Speaker 5: Grice Dodwin's hurt you now?
Speaker 15: Celiambs in the I mean Deebo Samuels in the hospital.
Speaker 4: And c J.
Speaker 2: Gow can't do anything.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 16: Shroud's sucking right now. Courtland, Hey, you gotta look at the waiver wire and keep it moving.
Speaker 1: That's all you can do.
Speaker 2: You know what I'd like to do.
Speaker 6: I'd like to repair and replace that dad's phone for filming his son crying about fantasy football. Deebo Samuel is a good guy. He's letting him know he's Okay, I am not as good a guy. Don't film your son crying about fantasy foot well. You know why, because he's going to grow up and at some point he's gonna see that it's not worth the clicks and it's not worth the clout.
Speaker 1: Rank.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you, welcome in.
Speaker 14: I'm with you.
Speaker 9: I I sit there and I can't listen. I have kids in our angel fans. They have meltdowns all the time. You've never seen me put that on the air.
Speaker 5: I never do that.
Speaker 6: You're right anyway. Time for Repair and Replace, presented by safe Light. Here's the game we're gonna play. I'm going to tell you who needs to be repaired, and then you are gonna tell me who you replace them with.
Speaker 2: Thank you Safelight for presenting this one. Uh okay.
Speaker 6: We will start with the injuries at receiver. We had Mike Evans, we had Chris Godwin, we had Brandon Aiyuk.
Speaker 2: All those guys need to be repaired. Who we replacing him with? Rank?
Speaker 9: First of all, I got to sing the jingle safe Life replayer, Safe Life replace.
Speaker 1: Listen, here's the thing. Yeah, we talked about.
Speaker 9: Jane was talking about guys like Jayalen McMillan who might already be going off your waiver wire, but there might be an option that's on your bench. Let's talk about Jayleen Wattle, who is now a fully functional NFL player again. Now Tua Tongue Ioloa is going to return to the starting lineup for the Miami Dolphins. We've seen how good Jalen Waddle could be when Tua is the quarterback. He averages over fifteen fantasy points per game. He's a touchdown machine. But without Tua, oh, he's as bad as that father filming his son in the car going for clicks, going for clout. But there's a couple other guys you can go for as well. Centric Killman is a player that I really like. He jumped off the film. When you went back and watched this Cleveland Browns game. I'm really interested to see what they're going to do this week against the Baltimore Ravens. Typically, when you see the Ravens facing one of your fantasy people, you're like, oh, no, I can't start them against the raven Oh. But the matchup the matchup on your app is in green because the Ravens give up a ton of production to the wide receiver position. So we love Cedric Tillman this week. And if Deebo Samuel cannot go in this one, this is why I'm picking up Ricky Piersoll in the spots where I have Debo and I want to wait till five o'clock West Coast time to figure out if Debo is going to be able to play or not. I have Ricky Pearson in there, so if we find out that Debo is a late inactive, I make the quick switch. If not, we're going to start Debo and we're all going to.
Speaker 1: Go home happy.
Speaker 9: Unlike that father who is tormenting his son.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you us, I got a bone to pick with the kid too. He's killing CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud from one bad performance one of the best shows as we performed for your fantasy team. Enough now, anyway, today, we'll stick with that you're the worst. Anyway, Let's say we do have to replace a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Who are we going with?
Speaker 9: Well, I think the biggest issue for a lot of people, and you guys talked about it earlier in the show is Jaden Daniels because you know, I know, you know, Ian just tell us spill it spill Is he playing or not? But even if you I don't know if this is all right, if this is something that's gonna go down to the wire, I'm gonna say pick up bow Nicks for the very same reasons we were talking about with Ricky Piersoll. This is a four to twenty five game. If you want to sit here and go through the morning games and be like Jayden Daniels is a good enough player, you're gonna wait. Bo Nix is somebody who plays in that late window who's likely available on your waiver wire. He has been a tremendous fantasy asset over the last couple of weeks. The biggest reason why is his ability to run the football. That's why in a game where they're going up against the Carolina Panthers, you might fear a blowout or something like that. The floor of his rushing ability, I think gives you about four to five points right there. That's why I will have him ready to go just in case I need him, in case I need to safe life replayer, safe life replace.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't believe they have someone doing the jingle for that commercial.
Speaker 6: When you've been available this whole time, this whole time, rank, thank you very much for joining us, Thanks for your singing to I guess I don't know. Anyway, We got a lot more common at including the Detroit Lions obviously faced the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: This week.
Speaker 2: We'll see who the Lions have out there. A receiver. Our good friend Stacy Deals is gonna break it all down for us coming up next on The Insiders.
Speaker 13: I listen man, to say that I'm proud of you, it would be the massive understatement. That's some way to come in here. Everything we talked about, from the time we get the halftime to the way we had to finish it out man, composure, right, communication, latitude, patience, patience. My god, man, you guys didn't bat an eye. I love this freaking team. I love the coaches, I love the players. I love everything about it.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: We are so freaking hardened.
Speaker 13: Even when she doesn't go the way we want it to, maybe find a way that as an outstanding we are one to zero in the division.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, that's one break it.
Speaker 1: Down, big boy win there. The vision went on the road, Keep it going.
Speaker 17: Win.
Speaker 1: The Lions are rolling right now. Big win last week against Minnesota. Now they take on the Titans. Our Stacey Dales will be covering that game first. She's with me Tom Pellisero here on the Insiders, Stacey. The Lions offense is so fun to watch Ben Johnson scenes. They come up with things every week that we've never seen before. How do they keep that thing rolling?
Speaker 17: Well, they keep it rolling a TP with great continuity and a relationship between Ben Johnson and the OC and the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Jared Goff.
Speaker 17: You saw what happened in Minnesota this past weekend. Great complimentary football. And by the way, the Minnesota Vikings are a pretty good team too. But the Detroit Lions are currently the number one seed in the NFC and they're looking to continue that trend this weekend against a one in five Tennessee squad. Jared Goff, though, when you talk to Dan Campbell, and you talked to Ben Johnson and Jamior Gibbs, players like him that I spoke to this week, surprised in the least bit. He is a technician, simply put at the quarterback position over these last three games, a one fifty three passer rating for him seven touchdowns, no picks, Tom and really, when you look at this offense, I mean they have weapons, Schoore. We're not going to see Jamis Williams obviously with the two game suspension, but they feel really confident.
Speaker 1: With the group that they have.
Speaker 17: Best quote though from Dan Campbell quote, when it's crunch time, the heart rate just levels out when it comes to Jared Goff loved that he said that this week.
Speaker 1: Whereas Dan Campbell's heart rate always somewhere right about here, it's the seven espressos that he has every morning. Titans will not have DeAndre Hopkins, will not have Ernest Jones. They traded away one of the most important players on offense and defense this week. They're one in five. They're probably starting to backup quarterback. How do the Lions avoid kind of the inevitable emotional letdown here?
Speaker 17: Yeah, TP They respect them defensively, in particular, we'll see if will loves plays. But defensively, this Titans group under Dinar Wilson, their defensive coordinator, is the number one total defense when it comes to yards allowed in the National Football League, and by the way, they're top ten in shutting down both the run and the pass, their fifth in terms of getting off the field on third downs, and those are the things the Lions are preparing for. They do a variety of things as we've seen up front in terms of different looks and the way they bring pressure, and then they just take on as I spoke with Roger McCreary, their nickel corner this week, they just take on the mindset of Denard Wilson, which is aggressive and it's very physical and they're not going to hold anything back.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 17: We have to learn how to finish, and that is something that has plagued this Tennessee group this season. But this is a really good defense. The Lions know it. In fact, Dan Campbell said it's one of the best units they'll have faced through eight weeks this season. And certainly though Jared goffin company are very confident, as you know, Tom, and they'll be prepared because that's what Ben Johnson does. He gets them ready to go.
Speaker 2: As Jumior Goo told me.
Speaker 1: Stacey, thank you very much. I will see you on game day morning on Sunday morning.
Speaker 7: The tail of the tape right here for the number one and number two overall draft picks as it stands, right now, we're looking forward to seeing these two go up against each other on Sunday. We shall see if Jaden Daniels can make it. He is questionable with that rib injury, so it's going to be determined by how much he can do, whether he can protect himself, all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: As we get closer to Sunday.
Speaker 7: And find out whether it's him or Marcus Mariota going up against Kayleb Williams and the Bears four to twenty five. This game got flexed because of that quarterback matchup that we might not see. Brian Boldinger here, Adam rank back for more. Baldy, I want to start with you on Jayden Daniels and what you've seen from him over the first quarter plus of the season.
Speaker 14: Well, my I mean, what do you start? I mean, it starts with their number one scoring offense in football. Jayden leaves that they've scored thirty four more points and for the last five games, he's you know, number one in complete some percentage just under seventy six percent. Just looking last week. I mean they started the game last week by running eight straight different run plays from eight different formations, eight different ways to run it and he's got to orchestrate all of it. And so when you watch him, I mean he's just very efficient at making decisions thrown with touch passes as one and Terry McLaurin right there, and I think him and Cliff Kingsbury the offensive coordinator, have just been really in simpatico from day one on what Cliff wants, how you execute it, where you're throwing to, you know, a backup offensive lineman there for a touchdown. I mean, they give you a lot to look out. This is not a simple offense. There's a lot of formations, there's a lot of motions. He's in charge of all of that.
Speaker 5: And here they are, you know, in first place the NFC easton, the number one scoring offense and all of that.
Speaker 14: And so I just think that and you combine that with their ability to run the football right now, the number two rushing offensive football and he's a big part of it. If he was just a he'd be the twenty first leading rusher in the NFL, averaging you know, five and a half yards and carry on them. So you can just gush and gush and gush, and it's all legitimate. It's not hyperberly. This guy has really hit the ground running at a high level.
Speaker 7: But one of the questions, in addition to all the functional stuff that I talked about, the commanders are going to have to answer is do we want to run them out there having gotten few reps this week in practice, going up against a tough defense here.
Speaker 1: So all these.
Speaker 7: Evaluations and answers are going to come in the next forty eight hours a little less than that.
Speaker 1: So we'll have the answers for you when we get them.
Speaker 7: Adam Rank always has the answers, and he knows a little something something about the Bears.
Speaker 1: So take your whack right here at Caleb Williams.
Speaker 7: And let the folks know what has impressed you most about the number one overall pick well.
Speaker 9: Similarly, Caleb Williams is asked to run an entire offense to make reads and checks on the offensive line to look over make reads. This play right here is not a play that you would see the Chicago Bears run in the past twenty years. It is really kind of like it's enlightening to watch an actual NFL offense being performed. Obviously that one was in London, but still by the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: And as impressive.
Speaker 9: If Caleb Williams has been, we've everything that we've talked about, his arm talent, his ability to escape pressure, all those things we've seen on display. But a big reason why it has is because over the last couple of weeks, the Bears have really honed in on being a total offense. You know, the first two weeks were rough. There was a veteran council meeting. They talked about not like some players who are not involved as much, Cole Covet being one of them. And in addition to that, they started running the football. There's no surprise that this Bears offense started looking a lot better when DeAndre Swift started getting more involved. And over the last three games, DeAndre Swift has had over one hundred scrimmage yards in each one.
Speaker 1: Of those contests.
Speaker 9: So hattip not only to Caleb Williams for playing well, but to Shane Waldron for stepping up, making the adjustments and continuing to make that adjustment as the Bears offense evolves.
Speaker 5: Adam, I can see you've been studying your game film. I'm proud of it. You're seeing it right, you know.
Speaker 14: Look, I've known Caleb since he was at Gonzaga College High School, probably about ten miles away from Northwest Stadium right now.
Speaker 5: He was an advanced student.
Speaker 14: Coming out, and I thought I thought it was the Ram game, which is the first of this three game win streak, where he only threw for one hundred and fifty seven yards, but he really trusted the protection that day.
Speaker 5: He stayed in the pocket. There was a lot of short passes to.
Speaker 14: Roma Doomsay and Keenan and DJ, but he stayed in the pocket and he wasn't looking to make these splash plays, you know, like every once in a while you got to do those kind of things like he is right here against Jacksonville. But I thought that began the process of really looking at the field, processing the information. And then since then he's just taken off where he's thrown seven touchdowns against the one interception of his last three game win streak, and I would expect this process to really continue and the prom risk sick ken you with Caleb, because he's very conscientious. He texts his high quarterback coach after every game, Kerrie Joseph, just to look at the things that he didn't do well that he wants to improve on.
Speaker 5: For the following game. So I think this progress that we're seeing is going to continue.
Speaker 1: Homecoming for Caleb Williams is a couple of days away.
Speaker 7: We're going to find out again whether he is going to see Jayden Daniels on the same field. Brian Baldinger Adam ragged, thank you both for your quarterback breakdowns. I don't know if I could say that, it's like it's trademark that only applies to Baldy whatever I already said it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, last Insiders of the Week.
Speaker 7: We always end with good news and bad news, and some good news and some more bad. I'll explain coming up, is this guy good news or bad news?
Speaker 1: We'll let you know live for Munich the Giant square off against the Panthers on NFL Network, Rise, Shine and watch Sunday, November tenth, nine to thirty am Eastern only on NFL Network and NFL Plus. Subscriptions required for NFL Plus. It's Friday some time now for some good news bad news. Let's start with the good news for the Chiefs. DeAndre Hopkins. That's him where number eight in Kansas City. Andy Reid says, Yes, hop is going to make his Chiefs debut on Sunday Big AFC West game at Las Vegas that offset some of the bad news. Juju Smith Schuster as was the expectation officially ruled out for that game. Mike, you want the good news or the bad news first. Always take the bad news first. Well, you want the good news?
Speaker 7: Okay, fine, there it is hot sound Reddick expected to play for the Jets. Finally, you better get to work. He's got to get some sacks in his back pocket if he wants to start picking up some of these incentives and get him back to what he was supposed to make. All right, now, the bad news, DK metcalf dutful for Sunday, although Mike McDonald said that there's still a chance that he plays. I mean, yeah, but it should be less than twenty five percent. That's the point of doubtful. So don't think we'll see DK metcalf with that.
Speaker 6: Mcl spring and new Christian McCaffrey's not gonna play this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's not the good news. The good news is he has a very good chance to my knowledge of playing week ten. That's not next week.
Speaker 6: They got a game and then they gotta buy and then Christian McCaffrey could actually hit his target to being on the field November tenth for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: And just to be clear, that quote on the screen very good chance is a quote from Ian that he just got to read again. Bad news, we don't have this show again until Tuesday. Good news, we'll see a Sunday morning