Speaker 1: Hello, it's your favorite sports thunk here. Don't forget to hit that subscribe button to join the fastest growing community on YouTube. Remember, Nightcap doesn't happen without you, so please subscribe or you're gonna make Oho crime. Oh Joe, didn't I tell you what? Bronco Country?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, listen, do do me a favor. This is now what you're gonna have to do. This is the one game I wasn't able to see. This is the one game I wasn't able to watch because while they were playing, obviously I was giving my PEP talk to my team in the locker room, so I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Able to not we just want to talk to him anymore, not This is the.
Speaker 2: One game I couldn't see. But but you got there. You got to give me. Give me in context, what happened, how the game went, Why.
Speaker 1: They Broncos defense dominated? Okay, uh they sat Jalen hurt six times, six six times, go down?
Speaker 2: You talk about the sack Jayler hurt six times, with.
Speaker 1: Six times, Boddido got him two and a half times. Hold on with that officer line six times. We got the best. That front folk, that front folk, we got Yeah, get home, got home. Okayqwan had six carries for thirty yards. They had eleven rushes for forty five yards. So what they did is that they listened to y'all, man throw them all, throw them all, throw them all. That's not what they do. They throw when they want to, not when they have to. And even though they the Broncos let them get out there, they had a seventeen to three lead, Broncos said, now we're gonna shut y'all down. We're gonna give y'allno how many yards they have the second half, if you take that last drive out, because at one point I think they had like forty yards in the second half.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait, let me catch up, nacause you're talking too fast.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: They had a seventeen three le. The Eagles had a seventeen three.
Speaker 1: Seventeen three. Let me tell you how comfety the Broncos were. They score lord and went for two?
Speaker 2: Did they get it?
Speaker 1: Got it? Eighteen seventeen? Then they kicked the field goal.
Speaker 2: Wait, so at what point if they were seventeen three did they get it?
Speaker 1: Was seventeen to three? They scoring a touchdown made it seventeen ten, scoring another touchdown, went for two to make it eighteen seventeen, stopped them, made them punt go three and out, got the ball back, drove down the field, kicked the field.
Speaker 2: Goal, so they got They went up seventeen three. Right the way they got up seventeen three. Was it on the ground and through the air or was a combination of read?
Speaker 1: They ran like a double move just on sa court sa quand motion out the backfield kind of made it like a double move on the line back of where he ran out of the back swung, got the backfield and made like a double move beat the linebacker for a forty seven yard touchdown. H Dallas guard that caught one. You know. They run that zone read and then the tight end like he's gonna block, but he goes slides to the flag out a couple of times. But it wasn't really nothing. I mean, no big plays. Man. I was watching aj Brown, Yes, sir, man ad ran a slant under and a slug. That's the only thing I saw him running.
Speaker 2: He didn't run the curl.
Speaker 1: He run the curl to a slag or under and a slug.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. And we had. Look, they taken advantage of Riley Moss. Riley Moss, what I mean, most of the yards came on Riley Moss. He gave up a deep play the Davante and whoever else. But hey, but you know number two.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody getting nothing on him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got something on it me. They ran aj on the under yet he kind of picked because you know he started out there and then Smitty running the rubs and so he had to fight through that. But what nothing happened? I was I was surprised how many times they sacked him. Le Bronco sacked Jalen Hurd six times and batted down nine of his thirty eight passes. Benito led the way with two and a half sacks. He had six sacks in the past three games. He leaves the league if I'm not mistaken, with seven. The Eagles managed just forty two yards in the fourth quarter. That's including that drive, right, that's including that drive at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Forty forty two yards in forty two what do you what do you think they should have done better? Should they They should have should have played Broncos.
Speaker 1: They should have put the Broncos on the schedule, that's what they should have done. Then let's start with that.
Speaker 2: Hold On, I'm trying. I'm trying to understand. What is it that the Eagles didn't do that. They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: If you watched the Broncos Monday night, what they did to your team, they did worse. They did worse to them Eagles as far as bum rushing them.
Speaker 2: Right, But you have to understand, my team is handicapped, so there's a reason why your Broncos beat us.
Speaker 1: So well, what was the Eagles excuse cause we did it to them? Two?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's not get beside ourselves. Now, that's not just Sortland Sudden. Courtland Sutton was mosting your guy quinn Yon Mault to get it at hold On, he mosting you show any kind of way I gotta see. I gotta see the film.
Speaker 1: Do you watch it?
Speaker 2: I gotta see the all twenty two to get it.
Speaker 1: Sudden He follows Sudden around.
Speaker 2: The whole game. Yeah, okay, well listen, what's what's gonna happen is when you have games like this keyon mention right now on the way he playing, the way he's played the first three four weeks. Whatever it is I forgot a week four?
Speaker 1: Right, week five?
Speaker 2: Okay, we we we five? His first four weeks, that young bull young bullets is in the conversation for top five this early, this early in his career. He's very good. He's very talented, y'all.
Speaker 1: He's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I hate to do comparison, but if I'm gonna compare key On Minchell to somebody on the field, he's just like goddamn Denzel Ward. Damn there from a technical standpoint in the old position to make a play. So if Courtland Sudden did have eight for eight for ninety nine, the women maybeen maybe because jump ball would be his strength and that would yeah, that wouldn't be Kean Missus strength because that advantage goes to Courtland Sunton, who is the taller, bigger individual. But listen, he can lose a game. He can lose a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. But but see now, now AJ can get their attention. Yeah. You see when we when we have to throw and they know we have to throw, it's a different ball game, you see. Every Oh no, bro, people ain't gonna let sa Quan go crazy like he went last year. You know uh uh, Dickerson is in and out of the lineup where you know he got hurt, had the surge, you got nicked again. He's out your right guard, Makay Becton. He left with the Chargers. Lane Johnson been dealing with stuff all year long, so he hasn't kind of been the Lane Johnson that we used to see. That's not the that's not the same Eagles lineup, and so the uh what started at the beginning of the season. They taking their lumps and bruises. They're taking some mumps right now. They sacked both twice. But I thought I thought overall he played well. He missed the throw here there. It looks he's only in his second year. But to go on the road and do that u in a hostile environment to the team that won the Super Bowl last year, the Broncos had to be They have to feel really good about what they were able to do today. They like if I'm Sean paying them saying, see, this is what we're capable of doing. We we don't have to take a back seat to anybody. When we have a great week of practice, when we pay attention to details, when we take care of what we're supposed to take care of clean game, no turnovers. We can go, we can go on the road, or we can be anybody anywhere at any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like it. I like it. I like it. I listen. What I wouldn't do is that, what I wouldn't get too high up from my bridges. You know. Don't count your chicken before you don't. Don't couch your egg before. Don't catch a chicken before the egg you said, you said out of.
Speaker 1: Saying, don't count your chicken before they hatch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't. Yeah, yeah, don't do that, y'all. Y'all want to y'all want already hatch. Listen, y'all, y'all, y'all get the Super Bowl champs. But when it comes time when we talk about after Thanksgiving, when real football season starts, we talk about playoff football, are y'all still gonna be in the chase?
Speaker 1: Y'all know who won't y'all won't be listen, First of all, who is y'all we talked about?
Speaker 2: We talked about the Broncos.
Speaker 1: We see where we are. You'll see what we are with, y'all, y'all.
Speaker 2: Two and three? Who told you that don't with y'all three and two better than y'all whatever, whatever y'all are? We not okay, Okay, I don't know what we are. I don't know what we are off the top of my head. We are what y'all are. So let me tell you something. Are you excited? You excited? Where you all at right now? You you're happy about today's win?
Speaker 1: Everything I told you? I said, don't show y'all will y'all first two games and y'all losing the next three?
Speaker 2: Chat?
Speaker 1: Did I tell him that?
Speaker 2: Hold on? Hold on, this is what you're not gonna do. This, this is what we're not gonna do. See in the chat. Should have a better understanding for me. For me, I have to My faith is always gonna lie with my bang. Would you hear me? If I cut myself right now, I'm gonna bleed orange and black. See that's what's gonna happen. So I understand. I understand that you understand as well, our chances of continuency and winning games, our quarterback playing he's out. He's out now, I know he's out. But I still have to keep my faith and my love and my allegiance to my team. Unlike most people. When the quarterback goes down, they like to jump ship.
Speaker 1: What it's your right there? When they when they when they're going to win another game? When day? When day? When they're going to win another game?
Speaker 2: Birth if there was any more time on the clock. Whenever we get to that game, we'll talk about that. When we get to that game, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: Boy, y'all could have played another y'all could have played another four quarters. They should have. You better be glad that they took a knee.
Speaker 2: Hey be careful, because we played another four quarters, we might have come back and won that game.
Speaker 1: They could have played till tomorrow, and y'all still wouldn't winning that game.
Speaker 2: You don't do that. You saw, yeah, you saw you saw number six and the number one, and they they started, they started getting that chemistry. They started, they started to get going. You saw that, right, And we are not high schools? Hold on? Are we are we on? Are we on the game?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are we on the on the wait on the man?
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody talking about no bingles? Right now? We got other good games to talk about. We talk about the bombs.
Speaker 2: Let me know I'm about.
Speaker 1: To get okay, I'll let you know right now. You don't know, so I ain't let you know. So you don't know. Okay, you no good guy here, How y'all do it? Chat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey, hey, hey you and you show and you show. It's happy about that? Goddamn that got damn? Oh whoa, whoa? I mean, what happened? Don't you got it to do? That's you always, that's you. Always praise, you always hoop and all about me.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa? Oh Joe, this is so unnecessary. No, I'm just oh my gosh, why listen.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, calm down, and you mighty happy boy the Bronco but we still got the team that you claimed.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on? Chat, I really don't.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, don't worry about it. We'll get to it. What's the next game? Were talking about it?
Speaker 1: It's not that serious, guy, it's not that serious.
Speaker 2: It's serious. It's serious. Pull out Sharaba's helm in that.
Speaker 1: Whoa. We discussing the Bronco. We talked about Bronco Country.
Speaker 2: We talked, Hey, that game is over, let's talk about Saraba.
Speaker 1: Whoa damn? Okay, not a j Brown, but DeVonta Smith had plenty to say about Jalen Hurts lack of communication after the team's first lost There are times we're looking at him and he may give a signal before we are or after we look at Ultimately, we have to be on the same page. We have to see that signal no matter what. It's just the little things within the routes. He may have seen something pre snap and sometimes we didn't see it. Hurt said doesn't remember any of those things happening, and that he likes to have to talk to Smith to see what he's referencing. Ojo first, it was AJ Now de Vonte Smith. Are you surprised that? Because here's the thing, Oh, Joe, Now, this is not a situation where Davonte and AJ Smith the first year of players. Jayleen Hurst is the first year player. They've been together for three years. This this what whatever he's referencing, and we don't know Jayleen Hurst say, I don't know what he's talking about, but whatever the case may be, there should not be miscommunication at this level and this time of the year with those three especially.
Speaker 2: Not a year three two. Now, this is one of the things that a lot of Eagles fans and I would love Eagle fans understand. Listen. As receivers, you know, they love the user's moniker. Oh he's a diva. Oh he's selfish. No, all players, all players want to be able to contribute on Obviously, the winning is good, and you have a formula and the way you win, in the way you do things, that is the Eagles success. That's the success. Obviously. The players, especially your one A and your one B, they want to contribute and they want to be part of that. The fact that they run the ball so much. When it is time to throw, you want everything to be as perfect as possible, and it just hasn't been that. So the communication in which A J and Devonte Smith and General Hurst might be lacking because that's not the focal point of the offense. It's not the focal point of offense. So there might be some great areas in that area that are never really addressed because that's not the way they do things in general. But listen, I think it's something that they would get fixed. I think it's something that they will get fixed. Stuff like this it shouldn't be it shouldn't be out, It shouldn't be said publicly because it should be handled internally, but the fact that their focal point is always we're the type of team We're gonna run the ball first. We were about everything else. If the run doesn't work and we have to abandon it, which were I think that that's what they disconnected.
Speaker 1: Is I me personally? Me personally? Oh yo? I think Davante was trying to help Jalen by saying there was some miscommunication, because there's no miscommunication. This is some bood diggity. So he was saying, you know what, maybe we missed the maybe we missed a signal or something that he saw something that we didn't see. Maybe, But if it's just now, we just look this bad. They look bad o yoe. They did. There are stretches there where they look I was like, well, damn, did y'all practice that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hold on, you said, did they practice and they look bad when it can?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean there are stretches where they that bad that you that I questioned whether or not they had been.
Speaker 2: Practicing when it comes to the passing game. You mean, yes, yes, okay, but.
Speaker 1: Teams are not gonna let them run ojo.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 1: And I said this, people think the way you win a super Bowl one year, you're gonna exactly come back and win it. No, they're not letting sa Quan run for one fifty one seventy five two hundred like he did last year. Every game we come every after every game Eagles game, Ojo, we coming here. Sa Quan did something spectacular? Did man? Saquan hit it head on the goal post from eighty sa Quan hit it? Wait?
Speaker 2: I got a question. Yes, if teams aren't allowing Saquon Barkers to run, obviously I'd better shoot it to to talk about this game. This a one game I wasn't able to watch. But if they're not allowing Saquon to run and the front four and not gonna be able to stop him, you got to bring a safety down in the goddamn box in order to do that. It's one on one on the outsides. Yesh, it wouldn't be any problem.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Ojo, when you really look at it, if you really look at Philly's offense, it's really simplistic. Yes, really simplicit.
Speaker 2: The game of football is simple. You don't have to over coach it, you don't have to over complicate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you look at you but you look at you look at how I give you an example. You look at how the Lions, how they put their players in position to succeed. You look at some of the other offensive coordinators and how they put their players. Bro, you just running under you running slants. You're running slugs.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, Yeah, but listen, you think about the Lions offense and then you look at the offense of the Eagles. The Eagles went in a very simplistic form.
Speaker 1: Yestivity in the Lions, you won in a simplistic form. The likelihood you're gonna have to complicate. You're gonna have to get a little bit more complicated.
Speaker 2: Now, a little bit more creative, yes, creative, yes, But listen, the goddamn Lions when it comes to their creativity offensively, it's a lot more complex, especially when you when you watch them from the outside. They do a little bit of everything they do and you never you never know what's coming. You never know what's coming. That's not that's not the makeup, and that's not the DNA of the Eagles and the never half.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. But I think in order for them to get back where they want to be, o Jo, they're gonna have to open up this play book. They're gonna have to open up. They're gonna have to trust Jalen Hurst to throw the ball and not when they get behind. I listen, I don't think they want him to throw the ball thirty eight times. I know that for certain.
Speaker 2: That's not them.
Speaker 1: That's that's not their recipere Ojo eleven carries. They had eleven rush attempts. Saquan, who you paying twenty million dollars a year, had six rush attempts.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, hold on all on. So you're saying they have been in the run too early.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get anything running, Okay, so you had no choice but to throw. But now, but see we know that. See when Saquan is running, You're like, damn, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Are they gonna run it? Are they gonna throw it? We really don't know. Well, they can't run the football with Saqui. They hadn't been able to run all year. They got really lucky in the Rams game and AJ that that that Jalen and Age they got on the same page as AJ got hot and boom. But they're gonna they're gonna have They're gonna have to be better. They're gonna have to be better than this.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 1: Brown getting eight targets for five catches and forty three yards and two for eleven And that ain't gonna cut it. That ain't gonna cut.
Speaker 2: It because they not because the running game is not successful as it was last year. Okay, yeah, yep, damn.
Speaker 1: But uh we just put we put you know, put foot center. Let them know what time it was. Speaking of disappointing teams, is there any more disappointing team than your Bangles?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Wait? Hold on? Why we hold why? Why were going to the Bangle game? The rail o'clock?
Speaker 1: That's okay?
Speaker 2: The Ray the Ravens played at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Y'all played, We go, We we started from we start and work our way back. You remember how to say we did that?
Speaker 2: Oh that's what we're doing. Yep, okay, Well go ahead. Let let's let's talk about let's talk about my mom? Oh whoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: I mean you do an awful lot of talking for a team that got beat by thirteen.
Speaker 2: Wait by who?
Speaker 1: Jared Golf was nineteen of twenty three. That means he had four incompletions chat two hundred and fifty eight yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Damn three.
Speaker 1: David Montgomery even threw a touchdown. So in the actuality of there was twenty or twenty four two hundred and sixty four sixty one yard four tubs zero I in t's.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I can I tell you something real quick?
Speaker 1: Hey? I've been went home, He went home.
Speaker 2: They went home. Hey, listen, he came home and showed out. He came home and showed out. But let's let's understand something for one before I even start me. I got a chance to see Kirby, I got to see Jamo, I got to see Aman Ross, Saint Brown, got to see Terry on Arno before the game. You know, I exchanged some pleasures with them boys, you know, and hoping and w we would have had a better showing than what we did. That's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: Now you had the showing that you have.
Speaker 2: Listen, Jake Brown and Hunk. We are not a good enough team. We are not a good enough team to overcome three tone overs. We're not a good enough team. We got to be able to protect the ball. We got to be a protective ball. God, damn Jamar, Chase, Chase Brown, Pete Ryan or they thought they thought they do you know what off? They thought that you know what off to find ways to make played. Jake Brian and running for his life, uh for the majority of the game and trying to make something out of nothing. He did his best. Chase did his best. I would love for us to get everyone else involved. I would love for us to get everyone else involved. We have to do a better line, a better job up front.
Speaker 1: Unk.
Speaker 2: We got to do a better job up front. Jake brin and running around for his life is one of the reasons why Joe Burrow's hurt. I'm not saying them names and not calling them names. For those who were able to watch the game, you understand that you understand that we did the best we could as a team. Defensively, I thought we played well. I thought we played well. Basically, you gave up thirty seven. Yeah, listen, listen. We gave up thirty seven to a team that's probably ranked number maybe one, number one.
Speaker 1: They took a knee on the ten yard line.
Speaker 2: I know you don't want to listen. You don't want to be disrespectful to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to be disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, they won the game. It's a good team.
Speaker 1: But again, I want to be openly and blatantly disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, listen. It was a great win for the Lions. It was a great win for the Lions. I had a great time meeting many Lions fans. You know this past three days. I salute y'all. I love you. It's nothing but mutual respect. With the trash talk that we were doing. But as you know, my faithful, my faithfulness, and my allegiance will always lie here. It will always lie with this. And I got to talk. I got to talk, and we lost a day and I buy my head with grace, and y'all won the game. And it's nothing beloved, it's nothing beloved.
Speaker 1: But it ain't no love. It is a better hatred. No, it ain't all terrible.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, get.
Speaker 1: All that talking now, look at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's okay, listen. I can sit here and say we lost.
Speaker 1: And I bet changed with the dB In high school too, he could tackle. He had three tackles in.
Speaker 2: The look at one point, Chase leading leading in tackles on that when I know that he playing on offense. That's okay. I have a question for you, UNC and Chad. I have a question for y'all too. Do you think I love I love Zach Taylor. I love Zach Taylor, and I hate that people are saying, oh, the coach needs to be fired and all this. Listen, it don't matter who you're bringing them. Goddamn you can have Jesus coaching, but when Jesus called them plays, it's our job to execute him. It's eleven people out there on the field. For one ain't running no offense. She ain't running no goddamn offense. And if he ain't, got nobody blocking for whoever at the quarterback position. We can start there. That ain't got shit to do with Zach Taylor. We can start there. But do you think do you think we need to make a move and go get another quarterback? I just want to know, because we only to where you gonna get him from Amazon?
Speaker 1: Cause you talking, you talking like they got one that you can order from Amazon and they give it to.
Speaker 2: You to day. If you get him next day, listen, you know the game. You know the game. I know the game. When yes, like this, do you want to salvage the season, in some in some, in some.
Speaker 1: No, you're not going savage. Nothing on Joe. Y'all gonna be done by things. If y'all be done, y'all will be done by Halloween. Oh listen, y'all is not coming back this year.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about Joe coming back. I'm saying getting someone in there at the quarter of or position that can facilitate the ball and protect it at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, that's all why they still sticking with me. I don't know who you're back up with the Jake Browning, but I don't believe you're bringing somebody off the street. Oh Joe. Over the last three games, you guys have been outscored one thirteen to seven. The seventy six point differential narrowly missed the record eighty worst three games, stretching franchise history. Bengals have three other quarterbacks on the roster, Brett Rippen who played for the Broncos, Mike White, who played for the He played for the Jets and the Dolphins, and Sean Clifford on the practice squad. Jake Browning threw three touch interceptions and he had three touchdowns in garbage time. They don't mean nothing. Brianni was booed after several drives in the first half. At one part he was booed, and he led the offense as he led the offense on the field. Browning had thrown has thrown eight interceptions in four games.
Speaker 2: So you heard what you just said. He's thrown eight interceptions the four games and you still think there's not a quality backup that's on another team. I don't want to say no names that can come in and.
Speaker 1: Get no as he knows your offense the best, your offensive line. That still they have an address, I mean they haven't address that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And your defense now good. I granted that you you know you turn the ball over three times a day, three but do you go back and look at over the last but tell I mean the Broncos beat the breaks off, y'all. The team before that beat the breaks off. Y'all. Y'all. Defense isn't any good. I mean, I wish I could give it to and say make it better, but I can't. Y'all, defense aren't Your defense isn't very good. And when your defense isn't good, and because Harry is the thing, your defense is the worst part of your team. Your offense is bad and turning the ball over. So the worst part of your team is playing the most. The last thing that you want, O Joe. You want the best part of your team to play the most. You want your offense to be on the field. Now your offense is turning the ball over, putting the worst part on the field.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what? You know? What can I take something? Yes, I don't like the way you worded that. I don't. I'm just saying I don't like the way you worded that. I think. I think. I don't want to say we're gonna be all right, y'all not let me finish, Let me finish, Let me have a little faith, Let me let me have a little faith. Okay, we got to have better quarterback play. The fact that you know, Joe was out for us to even have a chance to be able to compete every Sunday. No matter who the hell we plan, we can't turn the ball over.
Speaker 1: Y'all can't trade for Andy Dalton.
Speaker 2: Uh huh? Where Andy at?
Speaker 1: We're Indy at Carolina.
Speaker 2: No, we need a gunslinger. We need a gunslinger. Somebody that's that that's gonna, that's gonna let that thing. Rip you hear me, somebody read that, someone that that is experienced, that has veteran presence. Okay, now we're talking.
Speaker 1: Now you say you somebody to let it real. Jamie's gonna throw now now now we're talking. Now here's the thing, O Joe, talk to him. You're gonna have three touchdown passes. Yeah, he gonna have three other sceptions tonight he gonna throw. He gonna throw for three three fifty, four hundred.
Speaker 2: Four hundred, he gonna throw. But just so you know, I'm just saying, listen, I love you.
Speaker 1: Remember that game last year against the Broncos for ninety seven we had three pigs in the football.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm saying, what you would you rather us us having Jamis or having someone at the quart of position that can that can give us four ninety seven or five hundred years passing and at least.
Speaker 1: Have usure Chasing Higgins would like that. I said, I'm sure Chasing Higgins would like that. Somebody's gonna throw the balls, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: So if we're gonna have a chance, if you say our defense is bad, if we're gonna have a chance, we gotta throw the kitchen sink Oh, well, we can salvage in this season. We're just two and three NW. We just took three. You never knew, you know, you never knew what happened. If I'm not I was thinking we second in division? Yeah, yeah, we second in division. Now we have time.
Speaker 1: But I don't think but given the circumstances in this division, I don't think there's only one team going out of the division. Now. It might be a situation where you get three teams out of the AFC West, the Broncos, the Chargers, and the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: So what you are? You just are you?
Speaker 1: But think about it? Oho, you got you gotta look at you gotta look at the AFC South Jacksonville. That's one game ended lost one game. You saw the Texans win today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who the Texas beat today?
Speaker 1: Man, Texas beat There you go, you try to Texas be today? You know who that beat today?
Speaker 2: I got?
Speaker 1: I Gotgomery scored a touchdown in the same game for the fourteenth time, eyeing an NFL record.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: You know, can I tell you something? You notice your first time the Lions the Bengals in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Two, it won't be the last time.
Speaker 2: Because I ain't never I ain't never lost to him.
Speaker 1: Y'all have probably an't never played the Lions.
Speaker 2: We played the Lions twice. I had Drake Blybs on me, Drake Blybers on me. That'm my boy and my boy when we played him here in Cincinnati. But remember Louis Delmas. Yeah, yeah, hey, hey that well that boy. Know we can hit, boy, you know we can hit. But we ain't never lost to them. But again, salute to all the Lions fans. I know it's a lot of y'all in the chat that are watching the night. I salute you. Y'all won the game. If I met you. It's all love, It's all love. And I'm gonna get down to Detroit. I promise him. I'll come down to Detroit and sit in the stands afford the field and watch the game.
Speaker 1: Jay Daniels playing for the first time in two weeks through and he was cooking back at home win over the Chargers with thirty nine yards rushed. Today, Daniels became the first player in NFL history with four more four thousand or more pass yards and a thousand or more rush yards in his first twenty games. Justin Herbert was under the rest, sacked four times, took nine quarterback hits, pressured twelve times before being replaced by Trey Lance. Herbert averaged three point three yards per pass attempt and through his only interception when pressured by the Commanders. Man, they got after Mojo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, they got after them good. They got off them real good. And this is the definition of when I always say, any given Sunday, anything could happen as good as the Charges of look since the beginning of the season. Today they ain't look like themselves, not at all, not at all. And you expect if you're a betman, if you're betman, Jaydon Danis's first game coming back, he's coming off injury. So hey, if I'm a betman, I'm betting with the Charges to win this one. Yeah, NLA two at that I'm gonna spoil Jane Daniels coming back to LA playing at home. And it absolutely did not happen.
Speaker 1: It did not happen. Jaye Daniels fifteen or twenty six two thirty one one touchdowns. They ran the ball extremely well, twenty eight rushes, one hundred and sixty three yards. Debo got in on the action eight for ninety six and a touchdown. Luke McCaffrey had a tremendous fifty yard catch to set him up for a touchdown. Keenan Allen became the fastest player in NFL history to collect one thousand catches. It took him one hundred and fifty nine games.
Speaker 2: Damn what hey, they been uditioned boy at ball man A thousand?
Speaker 1: Huh a thousand? He got one thousand and one hundred and fifty nine games.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, how many catches you got on eight fifteen thousand?
Speaker 1: I went on thousand.
Speaker 2: That's that's wow.
Speaker 1: Now it's gonna be routine. Now people gonna think if you don't have a thousand catches now if people gonna thank you were a bum. If you're receiver, you have to that.
Speaker 2: People have to also understand that the game has changed.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's why I say, if you don't have a thousand catches now, it ain't like when when I came in and you came in, it was extraordinary, got like that A thousand? Yeah, well I remember when Jerry had like a thousand. Damn that's that's and then you know, so now, I mean you probably got what you probably got how many guys got a thousand catches? At least twelve many, maybe more, maybe more, right, Chris Carter, Tim Brown, t O Jerry fifteen Yeah, Hines, Ward's got a thousand, You got tight Ends, you got Kelsey, you got on soo right. I think he got a thousand, got a Lad fitz Gerald have a thousand.
Speaker 2: Hey man, but the boy was getting that rock boy? Hey, well, how many? How many I got?
Speaker 1: D Hop has nine eighty nine, He'll get a thousand this year. Jesus Christ Davonte got nine seventy nine.
Speaker 2: What I got? What I got? I need to come back and play.
Speaker 1: You got seven sixty six.
Speaker 2: That's it? Yeah, I was sorry as hell. I damn I think what I think?
Speaker 1: When I retired, I was in the top tien it dropped now. Jared Rice leaves the Way fifteen hundred and forty nine, Laugh fitz Gerald fourteen thirty two, Tony Gunzales thirteen twenty five, Jason Whitten twelve twenty eight, Marvin Harrison eleven oh two, Chris Carter eleven oh one, Tim Brown one thousand, ninety four, t O one thousand, seventy eight, and Kwan one thousand, seventy six, Reggie Wayne one thousand and seventy, Andre Johnson one thousand and sixty two, Steve Smith one thousand, thirty one, Isaac Bruce one thy twenty four, Travis Kelsey one thousand, nineteen, Hines Ward has a thousand, and Keenan Allen just a thousand. So what year this for? What year this for? Keenan? You're eleven twelve, You're thirteen.
Speaker 2: Boy, boy, willing and dealing. Boy.
Speaker 1: I'm thirty ninth, Oh Joe, that's dope, dope. And when I left in the top ten, so I ain't in the top ten no more. He The Raiders were handed a forty six forty to six drubbing by the coach and Lucas Oil. Jonathan Taylor ran for three touchdowns and a two part conversion. Indiana Jones Daniel Indiana Jones threw for two touchdowns while playing another turnover free game, and the Indianapolis coach remained perfect at home. The Raiders are one and four were start to Pete Carroll, coach head coaching career. I'm processing it poorly, to tell you the truth, because I didn't expect. I did expect to win, win right out of the shoots.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's I mean, are you supposed to say something like that as a head coach? Is that supposed to be every ing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I think I mean ask ask Sean McDermott. Did he think he was gonna win? Hell? That coach that they gonna win? But how you gonna win when your quarterback have three turnovers? I mean, Gino didn't play good today. He had to excuse me. He had two turnovers, two picks bad Indiana Jones twenty or twenty nine to twelve, two touchdowns relieved by Anthony Richardson. Jonathan Taylor seventeen carries, sixty six yards, three touchdowns. I mean, the Raiders aren't good enough to overcome the mistakes that.
Speaker 2: You know, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, not You're not that, You're not. They're not good enough, not at all.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's maybe one, two, maybe three teams that are good enough to overcome multiple multiple Kansas City Chiefs are one of them. The Bills are another one, and maybe Lamar Jackson when their team is at full health, at full strength.
Speaker 1: But we saw, we saw the Bills not able to overcome turnover tonight. It all depends on who you playing. You're playing a good team.
Speaker 2: You ain't overcoming O careerity, absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And now what happens is when you turn the ball over. One or two things happened. You either bring the team up to your level or you take go down to their.
Speaker 2: Level one or the other. Yeah, oh you know what, let me throw the Lions in that conversation as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so, but the Lions. I think Indiana is getting everything they look. It's five games into the season, but I don't think the season could have gone any better other than the untimely passing up their owner, Jim Mersay, I don't think the season could have gone any better for this ball club, O Joe. I mean, Daniel Jones has giving them everything that they could have hoped for, and more so, they only had to throw it twenty nine times, which is not a lot. Twenty nine twenty five rushes. So I think I think the season is going unbelievably well. Yeah, for the UH, for the UH, the Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Coachs it's Daniel Jones. Listen, as much as I said about him, I gotta take all that back. I gotta take anything anything negative I said about Daniel Jones. Maybe maybe maybe it is the Giants, And you don't want to say maybe it is a Giants because goddamn Jackson Dark, even though they lost the day, he cutting up. He's cutting up so easy.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get to that game now. As you mentioned that, the Saints get their first win over mistake prone Giants. Giants rookie Jackson Dark pass for two touches, two hundred and two yards and two touchdowns, but turned the ball over three times. Even scat Pack had a turnover. They had they had five total turnovers and they lost three fumbles. Darius Slave lost the fumble, Jackson Dark lost lost the fumble, and scat Pack lost the fumble. Three turnovers, five turnovers Spencer Radler twenty one to thirty one, two twenty five and the touchdowns. Shaheed had four catches fourteen of the touchdown including an eighty seven yarder Joe. The Giants were in cruise control and then they started turning the ball over. They turned the ball over like four knsecutive possessions and this is what you get.
Speaker 2: Absolutely rashi he Rashid she heat. You know, I got a nice little tweet you say you need to fix my speed on Madden.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, nothing, he can run for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah he can go now, he can scat, he can go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was that was a good game.
Speaker 1: They get on the side and I know Jackson Dark wanted to you know, he wanted to play well, but he was playing well, and then he just started turning the ball over and that fumble really hurt them. Scat pack FuMB of the ball and the guy runs at back eighty seven yard for the touchdown and they level look back after that, the Carolina Panthers overcame. Ooh, that's what you ought to be ashamed of yourself, O Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh, we talked about this game already.
Speaker 1: No, we're talking about it. Carolina Panthers overcame a seventeen point first half deficit to beat your Miami Dolphins twenty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 2: We need a little help on two up.
Speaker 1: Six three touchdowns, clean game. But Jay Luada has six four bucks ten, Darren Waller had five for seventy eight and the touchdown. Devon e Chan had six for thirty and a touchdown. Bryce Young nineteen or thirty one ninety eight two touchdowns, but it was Rico dot Dll not deal twenty three carries two o six He's the third Panther to go over two hy yards Russian thirty two rushers two hundred and thirty nine yards. They play, If I'm not mistaken, they playing Cowboys next week? Right? Doesn't Carolina play the Cowboys next week?
Speaker 2: Already?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He said I'm gonna get out and say I want all that. He want all that?
Speaker 2: So, hey, all right, my dolphins, My dolphins be gonna be alright. Uhuh, Dolphin's gonna be alright.
Speaker 1: No, y'all not. I don't know why you keep saying that, but y'all not gonna be alright?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? Yeah, the Dolphins is in a better position in the Ravens. You know that, right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah? But else is that?
Speaker 2: I just I'm hoping you understand what you mean, better position, a better position going forward?
Speaker 1: One about to get eaten by crocodile, the other about getting eaten by shark.
Speaker 2: You think so yeah, you say you sound you sound real confident.
Speaker 1: I mean the Broncos, Oh, joe up. Dylan Gabriel had a solid rookie debut despite the Browns losing. Dylan Gabriel was nineteen or thirty three one hundred and ninety yards two touchdowns, matching Joe Flacco touchdown throws on the season. With the defeat, Brown's quarterbacks are oh and seventeen in their first start since nineteen ninety five, the longest such streak since nineteen fifty, when quarterback starts were first recorded. Ojo, after watching him start early after watching his first start, what do you think about Gabriel? What you like?
Speaker 2: Dylan Gabriel looked good. He looked really good. And Stefanski the Fancy called one hell of a game, a very balanced game. To run the pass was damn near equivalent. Dylan Gabriel processing, dropping back, going marid read one, read two, read three. Okay, it's not there, Boom, I'm dumbing it off to the flat. Everything he did in today's game was extremely clean, extremely keen. Defense played well. They didn't get to win. But what I saw from Dylan Gabriel, and it pains me to say this as a Bengals fan, is he looked efing phenomenal. He looked great. They really have something good to build off of when it goes when it comes to the film room. Based on whoever they play next week, he gonna be he gonna be He's gonna be fine. He's gonna be fine, especially with the way he played and knowing Brian Florey in that defense and knowing how you can dialop that pressure and try to rattle a young quarterback. And he wasn't rattled it all. He handled everything extremely well.
Speaker 1: He did. I thought he played well. And like you said, considering that what he was, who he was facing as the DC, and the kind of exotic looks that Minnesota can throw at you and the kind of pressure they can generate, I thought he played. I thought he played really well. They did a great job of getting the ball out of his hand. Knew they were going to try to put pressure on him, try to disguise it. Judkins run the ball, ran the ball extremely well. Twenty three carries a buck ten, so they ran the ball well enough so you just couldn't pin your ears back and fly try to get the quarterback. I like what I saw. I really liked what I saw. Look, Carson Wentz played well. This is why you get a veteran like Carson Wentz, a guy that could hold the ship steady until your captain comes back. He called a ward. Getting sneaky, you see him running three step face. He run a three step face go route on cover two and you see what they ran. They ran what the defense called it the yoga, what we call it a stick and war. We're looking inside and saw the stick, and he saw what you call a pull up. He didn't realize he would throw the whole shot right behind him. That was That was a heck of her throw. Addison did a great job of staying wide because that saved you coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting you do a great job.
Speaker 1: Of staying wide. Let him pick a spend yourself to the sideline because if you get too far inside, kill shot. Great great throw by Wins, great route by Addison. But I like I like Gabriel. I like what I saw. Look, it's one game. But I thought, considering on the road and overseas in London, Brian Flores can do a lot of different things, and he confused a lot of quarterbacks. But I thought they did a I thought Cleveland did a great job putting Dylan Gabriel in a situation where he could have success. They didn't get to win. But if I'm Cleveland, I'm like, Okay, I think we might have.
Speaker 2: Something without without the wind. I'm feeling good about that. I'm feeling good about that. Defensively, they canna always handle their business offensively. That's always been the struggles. What offense are we gonna get? Now? Get this offense that we saw today where there was a heavy dose of run, there was a heavy dose of pass, and he made all the right decisions with the ball and didn't put the ball in harm's way. We can live with that. Well, excuse me, now, they can live with that. Yeah, he looked good, he looked he looked really good today, and.
Speaker 1: It's reported I guess Adison was bitched because I don't know. I mean they talked about because I read in the paper that he played really well considering that he was bitch. Now, I don't know the backdrop of the story. I don't know if he did something while he was over there in London. Maybe he best bedcheck, maybe he was late to practice lake to a meeting or something. But he was reported that he was go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think it might be a continuous, a continuous on the suspension and them actually still having punishment for him as well. Why I say, you never know. You never know, because if I'm not mistaken, I might not be wrong. I think he set out with the first quarter. I think he said at the first quarter or something like that. Yeah, I think he might have had to sit out the first quarter of the last game as well. I couldn't be wrong. I could be wrong. I'm not sure. But when he did when he.
Speaker 1: Was bench because he wanted to explore London and missed the walkthrough th real that is what is being reported. Oh Joe, ain't nobody. Look, this ain't college. He came off suspension. He was suspended for three games by the NFL. He played well, would why would I? Why would I suspend him again? That hurts me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, would you say he wondered what he wanted to explore London? Hey, you can't do that, man, You can't do that, man, bro.
Speaker 1: The last thing I would want to do is be alone, considering what happened to the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback. The last thing I want to be in a foreign country as an American. I don't know if they noticed it, but we're not thought of too how in other parts of the world. It's just I'm just throwing that out there. O Jo, We're not we.
Speaker 2: Gotta understand over in London, is a lot of a lot of us over there, a lot of them, a lot of them.
Speaker 1: So we're not thought of very highly in other parts of the country, be it London, be at Ireland, be it anywhere you are an Americans. Americans right now are not very hot, thought of in a very regard.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: And there's a and they probably said, look, security, we have security here. Just make sure X, Y and Z. Right. Hey, that's his Hey, he wanted to do it. He did what he wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Oho, Yeah, you're right. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: Today though, Ojo. Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Seattle Seahawks. Boy, boy, boy, what a game. Baker Mayfield and Sam Donald. Baker Mayfield twenty nine of thirty three three seventy nine, two touchdowns, no interceptions, Sam Donald twenty eight to thirty four three forty one, four touchdown. But it was that last turnover he throwing. It looked like he had a first look like it was gonna be a touchdown. And his the guy Helmet Levonte, if you wont if you want to play well the NFL. Look at everybody that came and talked to Old Joe and I Darren Waller had another touchdown. Levonte David had a big time pick. Go back and look at the guy that's talking to Henley been bawling.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody having success. Huh. Rashaan Gary who Gary?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, Rashan get yeah yeah, Rashon Garrett.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, got damn got five sacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We only in week five.
Speaker 1: Yes, this was an unbelievable game. Thirty eight thirty five Tampa. They scored fifteen points in they scored ten points in the second quarter, fifteen points in the third quarter, ten points in the fourth quarter. But it was the game winning kick. They win thirty eight to thirty five. And it seems like Tampa is always involved in games like this. O shoe. Remember at the Atlanta game. I mean all their games have basically they won, have been three points less.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we got to talk about it. Make up BOOKA rookie Ibuka Oh yeah, oh yeah, yea yeah yeah yah yeah.
Speaker 1: Abuka was crazy. Jackson Smith and Jigba like, hey, it's the baill of Ohio State. Who better Ibuka? The meccale Buka seven catches a buck sixty three one tub Jackson Smith and Jigbu js and eight catches a buck thirty two. Another tub they had nine targets, eight catches. The other hell was seven for seven. A Mecca of Buoka was seven targets, seven receptions, a buck sixty three. I mean, these quarterbacks are throwing the ball out like bro yeah Lett. Did anybody bring their defense? That's all I want to do. Did anybody bring the defense? Or is it or is it optional?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I know one thing these young receivers. I know we all talk about the same top five and after the season ends, if JSN any booka keep up with what they're doing, we're gonna have that.
Speaker 1: They tried to. They tried to, They tried to crack that. They tried to. They definitely tried to crack that top ten and they said, man, were trying to get in the top five. What you're talking about, We're gonna have to have a conversation absolutely, and we're gonna have to have a conversation about Baker Mayfield being an MVP discussion while you bullgiving.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely now when it comes to the MVP discussion. Also, we're gonna need for Baker Mayfield, no tempy Buccaneers to have those wins that win call o yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, you keep going on. He definitely could be in that conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, I know right now that Josh Allen was the favorite heading into tonight. Justin Herbert was up there, but he lost. My homeboy always going to be in the discussion that Dak played, dakts throwing the football like you said, But at the end of the day, it's gonna come down to wins and losses. Yeah, you could have stat it's a stat based awards, but they want those stats to go towards winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, and so when you look at it, it's uh, if it was just based on stats, Hill Burrow would the one that God damn MVP last year. If it was stats, we didn't have the ws.
Speaker 1: Levonte David intercepted Sam Darnold with less than a midic left, setting up Chase mclaughlan's thirty nine yard field goal to earn a thirty eight thirty five walk off victory. The Buccaneers became the first team in NFL history with four wins in their first five games of a season in which they were either tied or were trailing in the final men and of regulation, Seattle. I mean Seattle played well. Man, I was like, well, damn Seat, y'all got it like this. Yeah, and then Baker like, I mean Baker had four incompletions, Yeah, that's crazy four. Sam Donald had six. So the ball hit So they threw sixty seven times and the ball hit the dirt ten times, don't.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's it. I don't think. Do you know how insane?
Speaker 1: Let me take that back. It hit the ball nine times because one I was in the seventy. You can't understand how difficult that is. Yeah, hell yeah, it is for for for two quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: First round picks, Baker Manfield, Baker Manfield, Cleveland, Sam Donald, New York, and all of a sudden you get to the right situation, and all of a sudden you flourish.
Speaker 1: Sam Donald was third in that draft. Baker Mayfield was first, and Zach Wilson was second. Yeah, and then Sam Donald was third.
Speaker 2: It's amazing what happened when you when you when you go to the right situation. Now, situations, situations.
Speaker 1: Matter, for sure, absolutely absolutely, it absolutely does matter. But this was this was a very very entertaining game. Oh, Joe, I don't know, they don't learn, but I'm gonna keep letting them do it, so they're gonna learn the hard way, because see, that's what life has a way of teaching us until we learn the lesson that it's trying to teach, right, And you know, guys still won't learn. They want to drop the ball, they want to be allome guy. Has a seventy yard touchdown cost them the game? Yeah? Cost them the game?
Speaker 2: Was that the Cardinals?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Arizona Cardinals just suffered perhaps the worst wildest lost in the NFL history. They were of twenty one to six in the fourth quarter, fumble crossing the gold line that was gonna put them up twenty eight to six. The fumble and an interception for a touchdown because think this, oh Joe, they had they got calls the fumble, you fumble, kick the ball into the end zone, they jump on and get a touchdown. So now it's twenty one to twelve less than five minutes. Kyle, after the game, I really don't know what to think about that. I don't even know how that's how the loser game one on one, I don't know. It was crazy. It was Arizona gave up a twenty one to three lead to the worst team in football became the first franchise since nineteen seventy the NFL ALFL Merger to lose three straight games on game winning field goals. But all you got to do is look at de Mercado. Bro Yes, you cost him the game.
Speaker 2: Basically, I don't know. So.
Speaker 1: So the ball was just so heavy you couldn't take it another two feet, Hume. The ball was just so heavy, Oh, Yoe, he just had to drop it. Oh, Joe, you know how you're bringing grocerly in the you truck. If I ain't trying to make but one trip, I'm trying to get all the bags I possibly can. I got ten bags, I got five and five. If I got fifteen, I got eight and seven. And you know sometime, don't Joe, you get you? Like I said, who you got a rest? So the ball was that heavy that he just had to sit it down before he got into the end zone. Why is it happening so much because DeShawn Jackson. You started his foolishness. He jack started his foolishness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well technically yeah, I started it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. College I started there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in college, but I left the reft behind so far he didn't even see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, you did throw the ball back? Yeah, I don't get it. O yo after and we've oh yo, and we've seen it so many times. It just happened last year.
Speaker 2: It just happened last year.
Speaker 1: We just talked about several times. But yeah, oh oh Jo, remember the Colts the receiver, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh that just last week.
Speaker 1: Yes, Amari d Mercado seventy two yard tests down, he dropped the ball at the gold line. Mitchell did the same thing against the Rams last week, Oh joe. How many times? At what point in time they didn't start? You know what? And somebody the players are so good you just can't cut them. But bro, why y'all keep doing this? Y'all? You make Sports Center for all the wrong reasons reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's messed up. That's messed up.
Speaker 1: Forty nine Ers beat the Rams in overtime, Oh joe, by the score of twenty six twenty three. Forty nine Ers improved to four and one take over sole possession of first place in the NFC West, while the Rams fall to three and two at the goal line, three down down, three points and about the score, tiring Williams. He fumbled great punch out by the forty nine ers. They get the ball stuffed up because looked like the forty nine ers were gonna potentially win the thing in regulation, but forty nine ers hold them out of the end zone there and then on fourth down on Joe when the rubber really needed to meet the road, because it seems to me they we're going to go for it. I don't think they were going to play for the tie like we got Sunday night between the Packers and the Package of the Cowboys. It seemed like se Sean McVay was held bent. He wanted to win this game on Joe. He really he wasn't playing for no tie, and he went for it. The question that I have for you, do you like Sean McVay going forward on fourth down or does he kick the field goal and give the forty nineers because the next score wins the ball game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of like. I like him trying to go for it. I want to get this game over with. We've had some mistakes, we've had some drops, we've had some penalties. We fought back to get back into the game, and I really want to end it right now. I want to end it. So I have no problem with him going forward on fourth and one trying to end that game. Listen, it can go one or two ways. Either you get it or you don't. You didn't get it. The fact that even had the balls and the goals to even go for it in that situation says a lot. And he's one of the few coaches in the NFL who can go for it and take that chance, like a Dan Campbell. You know he's wondered if you can do it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I loved it. Also, Ojo, don't. I'm not playing for a tie. I'm down there. I'm in a great position. And you look, look, you had an opportunity. You're right there the goal line. You get a punch out, and now you're down again. And guess what, Ojoe, If I keep the field goal, it's twenty is twenty three twenty next girl wins the ball, wins the game, and the forty nine ers are getting the ball back. Now you can say, well, they might fumble it. Nah, I'm not taking that chance. I'm down there. I believe in my offensive line. And but look, Robert Sawah, guess right, he sold out on that side and it stuffed him. I mean it wasn't even close, Ojoe. I'll be dainty. I mean, as soon as it happened, bam, bam, guess what forty nineer starts spilling out on the field, thy going. I mean the Rams ain't no, I would Hey, let's get a measurement. The Fishers already like it's old going the other way. And these quarterbacks were dealer tonight, Ojo. Matt Jones thirty three or forty nine three forty two, two touchdowns, no interception, Matthew Stafford thirty and forty seven three eighty nine, three touchdowns, no interceptions. I mean, it really was a clean game, with the exception of that one fumble by Kyrin William. That probably is no way to know. But it didn't help them. Now, I'll tell you what. We can't say it cost them the game, Ojoe, but it damn sure did not help them win the game. And the forty nine ers have to feel good losing a game, and like they lost on Sunday on a short week. You're down, Purty, You're down all these guys. Bosa's not coming back. Look at all the guys that they had injured tonight and to have guys step up and rise to the occasion and play as well as they did on a very very short week. Look, I understand, O Joe. It's not like they had to go across country look California. But still you get a short day, a day less to work because you have to travel. But I thought the forty nine is given the situation, given the totality of the situation that they're in, I thought they played extremely well tonight, O Joe. And I think Shanahan should be very very proud of his ball club because they did play well tonight and they found a way to get a win against a division opponent.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Not only should Kyle Shanahan be proud of his ball club, he needs to take a bow himself with the play calling some of the stuff he did with all the injuries that you just talked about that have mounted up. No Ricky Purcell, no Brandon I you, no George Kittle. From all, Juwan Jennings is out, Juwan Jennings is out, and jo.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Bosa is not coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, But from from offer the standpoint, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahyah, all yeah, yeah, yea brother Kendrick Bourne. Brother, Kendrick Bourne. I know you're gonna see this salute on the career. Night obviously had some drop last game that have a show weekend come back and rebound and from for Mac Jones to be able to have the confidence to keep getting and feeding you the ball. And another thing I want to talk about the quarterback situation. Tonight's game is a perfect example of the definition of next man up when you look at a game like tonight and see what Mac Jones is doing, having a resurgence in his career, which is why I also think where quarterback go situation matters. We saw Mac Jones do it tonight, we see Daniel Jones doing in Indianapolis. We're seeing Baker Baker Mayfield do it over there, and now god damn in Tampa Bay. Sam Donald going from Minnesota to Seattle and still doing it. Now. I think where quarterbacks go and what they have surrounding them, including those calling the plays, is so important to a quarterback success the most. Hey yeah, and dude, they look really good. This is a really really good game. The Rams didn't really help themselves either with some of the drops. Some of the mistakes, some of the fumbles, but hey, this was probably one of the better, one of the better Thursday Night games we've gotten so far.
Speaker 1: Hey, the quarterbacks were dealing. Oh yo, Look, you know I'm not big on hyperbole, and I said this at the time. Yes, Sir, I thought the forty nine er should have drafted Mac Jones. Because it's hard for me to I really can't. I really can't differentiate between the two. Are you trying to tell me that you believe if Kyle, if Matt Jones had been in this system for the entirety of his career, because we saw what he did when he had Josh Josh McDaniels, He saw what he did. You're one, yeah, and you're put the team to the playoffs with a Pro Bowl player. Are you telling me if he has Kyle Shanahan for four years, he's not as good, if not better than Brock Party. And guess what if you take I get I get why they didn't because when you looked, when you look at a guy, nothing jumps off at you. He doesn't have Lamar Jackson's speed, he doesn't have a Josh Allen's hype, he doesn't have Patrick Mahomes's arm, So why would we take a quarterback that really, Oh Joe is just he's average with the third pick in the draft. But what you wouldn't have had to do is give up all the draft compensation. So imagine as well as they do drafting, what you can put around it. And guess what, even if he doesn't pay it out, O Joe, you go back and you get you another quarterback, or you couldn't go back and get you another quarterback and still guess what, you don't have to spend DOWMN near three hundred million dollars. Me personally, I believe I believe Matt Jones in this system. I'm not talking about in this system with Kyle Shanahan with all think about all the pieces that he had, O Joe, Yeah, when he has Kittle, when he has Debo, when he has Ayu, when he has Jennings, when he had Christian McCaffrey, and he got a Trent Williams playing at playing Trent. Not this guy that's beat up. He's trying to work himself back in the conditioning and in his form. It's hard for me to believe that that Matt Jones is not as good, if not as, if not better than Pertyt And for me, I would have taken it, but I understand why they didn't because the measurables. When you look at him, Ojo, You're like, that is not the third pick in the draft, and you draft took a guy with the third pick in the draft because of the measurables. But it was the seventh round draft pick that really saved Kyle Shan a hand in John Lynch's job because you give up that kind of compensation, O Joe, and that guy doesn't work out and he didn't work out, right, You're going, yeah, what you think? You think? What you think? Do you think? Do you think Matt Jones party similar party is better, statically better, a little bit marginally better? What you think?
Speaker 2: It's hard to really decipher between the two on who's better or not because when Brock Party is in there, he's the rhythm and time in quarterback as well, when Mac Jones is in there, he's a rhythm and time in quarterback. Well, both suit the system very well. Really not dual threat, not dual threat quarterback. Hell, they are your typical system West Coast type. Off of the quarterbacks that are dropped back sometimes the shotgun and to deliver everything off of timing. And they may they make great throws and they're accurate, they're actually enough what they lack and being able to escape, escape the pocket or use their legs running, they make up for in other areas. I think, finish your thoat, say they both played well doing exactly what's ass of them in that specific system.
Speaker 1: When you're not that big as far as physical size on Joe six four, you don't have rocket arm, you don't have Lamar Jackson's mobility of Michael Vick's mobility. You have to have great anticipatory skills. Yes, look at Joe Montana. Joe was not overwhelming, didn't have the big time arm, he wasn't the greatest athlete, but his anticipation skills were tremendous. Rock Purty great anticipatory skills. Matt Jones great anticipatory skills because you got to be because you don't have the ball to wait, You've got to get the ball out. You have to anticipate where the guy's going to be, and like you know what, have the trust. I trust the system. I trust the guy that I'm throwing to that he's gonna be where he's supposed to be. I understand the defense. I know where I'm vulnerable. I know where guys are going to disperse to. I can let this ball go. J justus to me. You can't convince me that brock Party is substantially better than Mac Jones. I refuse to believe that. And I believe, in the same circumstances, if I had Matt Jones with Kyle Shanahan, I believe whatever fate the forty nine ers had gone through over the last four years, that same fate would have happened to them with Matt Jones, don't.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yeah, absolutely absolutely, because what we saw the small sample of Mac Jones right now, the since sinus Perty's been out, it's been exact same. The offense has been efficient, the offense up and down the field. They put up points, and it showed the night to where next man up. That's why I said to start the show off is this was the definition of next man up and not missing the beat. Now, which other teams were able to do what we're seeing tonight from the forty nine ers hell like here we got the goddamn Detroit Lions here in Cincinnati at PAK Coorse Stadium when Joe Burrow goes down. I wish we still had the same type of success they had tonight, where you don't miss a beat just because your quarterback goes down. But unfortunately it's a little different. It's a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you guys ain't that good. And I tried to tell you that, and you got the you got the Bengals fan, your Bengals, you got them all hype Jake.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, slow down, let's let's let's let's there there there are other there are other elements.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to talk about no other team. As a matter of fact, why are you talking. I don't want you to say foot football? You got another week? You can still got less see Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Oh and if you don't win on Sunday, it's another week.
Speaker 2: I gotta you know what, I got a question for you. What you understand how the football guards work. You're know when it comes to the game of football in the NFL, it's week to week.
Speaker 1: Well, this ain't gonna be all week. This ain't gonna be y'all week.
Speaker 2: What happens if just I'm just hypothetic speaking chat Those in the chat hypothetic speaking. What happened if the Bengals shocked the world and beat the Lions?
Speaker 1: If a dog had a square butt, he pooped blocks, but it's round, so we know how it would come buy, don't we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't come out of with y'all. I'm just saying I could be optimistic. I could be optimistic. Now, I'm not saying we're gonna win. I'm just saying, hypothetically speaking, is the football of the football God's decide to shock the world.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Nah, he busied that day. He ain't gonna be watching I promise you God ain't no Bengo fan. He ain't watching that game. He ain't watching that mask at paid Court Stadium. Now, hey, listen, I don't know about master. We're gonna put up a fight? What what?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa? If the fate is the same, what what doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I got to have some type of I think we're gonna be all right. I believe in us. That's all that matters. There's a reason I'm in town. I done had that pep talk with them boys. I think we're gonna be alright. Uh.
Speaker 1: Matt Joe after the game was asked after the game by playing Hobbley reply, I'm good. I just can't show it. That's on me. I'll be fine. That's what happens when you don't practice for a couple of weeks. So that's my fault. Uh. You know, look, quarter it's hard for quarterbacks. There are other positions on shoe. Yeah, that can misspractice and you can't tell when they get into a game. Right, It's hard for a quarterback. That's why a lot of quarterbacks like to wear their pads on shoe. Hey, they tell us to take our pans off. We can't wait. We can't leads in the locker room. Quarterbacks like to throw with their plans because guess what they're gonna throw with their pads they're gonna have. So they want the same field, they want the same rhythm as if they're throwing with pads, because that's how they're gonna throw in the game. And so Max is like, you know what, his fighting senses probably wasn't England. Look at the next board games, Oh Joe. Week six at Bucks, then Week seven at home home to the Falcons, week eight at Texans, week nine at the Giants, So it's not like they got to eat. The schedule coming up now, I don't know how long brought Purdy is going to be out, but they look they got ten days, so that's a long time for party. He was out this week. Ohoe, So he gets he got an extra you know, he basically got two weeks because he hadn't you know, probably done anything since Sunday's game. Mac Jones he gets ten days because they're off until you know, they don't play Sunday obviously, they play a week from Sunday, so they get ample time to get some of the guys, some of these guys that's banged up, ojo, they get an opportunity to get them back healthy. Uh you see Mac Jones fit, We got that, uh we got that uh oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that red that red with the little burgerdy in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see what let's see his fit. Can we pull that video?
Speaker 2: You were clean? Then? Hey, listen, that's a man that came for business. Now yeah yeah, yeah, Hey that's a man. Ay, that's that's two face.
Speaker 1: That's who man been hanging around brothers.
Speaker 2: Hey, he clean. That's the man that came from like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that Matt as clean as he looked. That's exactly how he played. He played his ass off the night they played exactly like that. He scared me a little bit when he went down.
Speaker 1: And I saw ye.
Speaker 2: Look he grabbed his knee breaks ojo. Yeah, I thought it was pinching him a little bit. Yes, yes, that's when you get tackled. They got damn knee breaks start pinching you. So when they're pulling this calf, I'm like, what it must be pinching either the knee braks is pinching him, cramping one of the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, the little calves he got it. Dang that won't he hurt nothing because he got First of all, he got a knee breaks on. So that calf is not as strong as what it needs to be because he wears that knee breaks. Ojo. You know what I'm saying. You got to build strength back up in that calf in order for it to uh. But he played, He played his tail off. I mean both quarterbacks played well. Don't get me wrong, both quarterbacks played well. My concerned with the forty nine ers. Oh joke. Without bolts in the game, they really couldn't generate no pressure.
Speaker 2: Pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really couldn't generate any pressure. And the last thing you want a guy like Matthew Stafford to have is time. Yeah, because he was dealing, man, he was that the one. I'm take that back. I'm want to play with Matthew Stafford. We keep talking about Shell if you could come back and play, and we keep talking about Mahomes and Borrow and Herbert and Allen and this one. Man, give me more faux Matt Stafford while a y'all out there bumping.
Speaker 2: Them you're talking about You gotta think now, Matthew Stafford is a legitimate gun slinger. It's only about four folk, maybe four quarterbacks in the league right now that had the kind of ball Matt Stanford throws with that kind of velocity and can take any throw in the field an throw. Even even though Aaron Rodgers is old he's one of them, Matt Stafford is another. I'm trying to think gunslinger gunsling.
Speaker 1: You see the difference when you When I think of gun slinger, I think guys that will take unnecessary risk. That's really not what Aaron Rodgers is now Aaron Rodgers can make every throw. Matthew Stafford can make every throw. Change arm angles. Both guys can change arm angles. But sometimes if you look at the interception for Matthew Stafford, you look at the interception for Aaron Rodgers, and you'll see a vast different because Rogers was really never willing to take unnecessary risk. Matthew Stafford he believed he could throw a football through a keyhole. He damn show I just gonna get a football through a key hole. Let me show you, and he would try it. Now he's gotten better. Now can you imagine how what he would have been had he had Sean McVay his whole career. But he could throw it o Joe. I mean, he can fast spend the ball, and now I expect him when I watch a game, I want to see one time where he look over here and throw the ball over there. He did that. He didn't do it tonight.
Speaker 2: He didn't do tonight. I remember he did it against the Bengals in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh he did it. He did it. He did it too in the row and he's running down the fields because he's biped up. Don't look in my eyes. Don't look in my eyes if I look at my eyes. But hey, but this was this. I think when the NFL envision look, they tried to they try to make these game division divisional matchup. Oho, so they're really close, nobody having to go a great distance. You don't want somebody on the West coast having to go east, right, right, East coast having to go west or let it be close proximity. It's already tough enough playing I can just imagine because I didn't really start to feel good till Friday, so I can imagine playing a game on Sunday then't turn around playing them another game on Thursday. And especially as you got older, o Jo, it took long and.
Speaker 2: Longer to get that old man up at you to recover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this was This was an unbelievable, unbelievable ball game. Thank you NFL, Thank you Rams, Thank you forty nine ers, because you guys played your ass off on a very very short week. This is type of game that we want to see on on a Thursday. Got some bull dybe you know, Hey, this is what we're this is what we're looking about with yo