Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge broadcasting line from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor Sat De Montree More and newly scrugs.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? We're back in the house.
Speaker 4: It's the Players Lounges, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. And look who we got in here today. We got a new guy in here. But you might know, we got Nate Newton with us in here today, Yes, More in here with us today, and Barry Church here, oh yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Today mister Anthony Dorset Junior. You know what I'm saying. Hey, look, look, I know we've been waiting to get into this.
Speaker 4: Cowboys what they do last night they got back on that w right So now we're on the right track right now. You know, Cowboys won the game last night, of course, beating the Vegas Raiders in Vegas thirty one to sixteen.
Speaker 3: And it looked pretty good last night.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm looking at the stats, I'm looking at everything. The new guys that came in last night. You know, we got two new dudes on the defense that we just got in town, Quinn Williams and Logan Wilson. They both played a major role in the game last night. Logan Wilson actually took the most snaps out of any of the linebackers.
Speaker 3: All right, Quinn Williams came in and what do you do?
Speaker 4: He was able to get his first sack here as the cowboy and a half one two as well, you know what I mean. And then not to mention, you know, we had guys coming back like Kayln Carson who came back off of ir was able to play every defensive snap at the dB position. And you know, it just looked pretty good last night for the guys, you know what I'm saying, After especially after having a tumultous few weeks there's been going on around here, being able to get good word, being able to.
Speaker 3: Get back on that w you know.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna throw it out to y'all, you know what I'm saying, And I would really want to know, start with you, church Y, what did you see that you like? First of all, let's start with the defense from the defense.
Speaker 3: That you defensively.
Speaker 6: Finally, I saw that that front seven, and that that defense come alive.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: It's great when you.
Speaker 6: Can get that interior pressure, when you can not you know, not close the pocket from the outside, but when you can get that pressure from the inside. And that's what quarterbacks hey, you know, every quarterback I talked to, they say, it's all well and good if you guys you know, can come around the edge and get pressure that way, because they can step up in the pocket and they can still go out there and orchestrate the offense. But when you get that that frontal pressure, like those defensive tackles were doing to Geno Smith last night, it makes things hard and muddies up a lot of stuff out there. So those defensive tackles definitely came alive. I love what I saw from Clark, love I saw from quinnin Williams O Diggy Zoo was able to, you know, come up there and do some things itself.
Speaker 3: But I loved what I saw from the front seven.
Speaker 6: And then when you look at the secondary, I mean first time pretty much all season long where you saw contested contested, like there wasn't guys just running scott free. Early on, it was a little bit, but as the game we're on. You saw the communication. You saw that secondary go out there, and they were contesting pretty much every past GINO had out there. So I loved what I saw from there, But overall, I was just happy that this team didn't play.
Speaker 3: Down to the level of competition.
Speaker 6: You know, they did what they were supposed to do against a team that you were more talented in that you were supposed to go out there and stomp on their next and make sure they knew that they didn't belong on that field.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what this team did.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like Arizona where they let Bursett come in there and do his thing or Russell Wilson come in there and do their thing. They came in there, they did exactly what they were supposed to do and stomp the Raiders out less.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that continues the rest of the season. Hey Trey, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 4: You know, and you've played, of course on that D line, and you've moved around from the left side to the right side, played inside, played outside. What did you see last night as far as that that made you optimistic about moving forward? And what we see in Quinn and Kenny Clark working together and on the outside.
Speaker 7: Oh for me.
Speaker 8: Man like like Berry said, anytime that you're getting that interior pressure constantly down your face, it naturally made other people play better. Like it wasn't just the Quentin Williams came in for him to do what he did just one week into the system, right off the back once I it proved everything that I was saying beforehand. Eberflus doesn't have a complex defense. You come in there, it's four to three y back in help the front. Front end, helped the back. And last night was the first time that you've seen the cohesiveness in a long time, since the New York Jets game when they had five pressure. This is the first time that you've seen that type of pressure dial in. And not only that we talk about Quentin Williams, but we got to talk about some people that's already been here. James Houston. He's been the team sack leader, constant pressure this whole time. Well, now that he's showing that he's getting those pressures, you got Kenny Clark inside, you got Quinn Williams.
Speaker 7: Demanded the double team.
Speaker 8: It left James Houston with a lot more one on one rushes to where we've seen him living in the back and we've seen the young pup coming in there. He get a safety, he's getting pressure off the head, like Quentin Williams single handedly changed the dynamic of that. And then even Logan Wilson like these two new additions that what leads me optimistic and not even optimistic. That leads me going back to what Jerry was saying, I'm gonna take ebra flues in this foxhole because schematically didn't nothing change. You got him the weapons to go in. Now that you then gave the carpenter his tools. Guess what he's showing what he can do. But it's against the Raiders, so I don't want to get too excited about it.
Speaker 7: I want to see.
Speaker 3: You got you know, like one thing is that I know you got it.
Speaker 4: Take the small victories any yes, you can definitely try to build off of.
Speaker 3: But Nate going into the offense, socide of the ball.
Speaker 4: Now you know what I'm saying, We normally just got all defensive guys in here, but now that we got you in here today, tell me what you saw from as far as with the balance and the play calling and with the run game and what you saw up front with guys getting healthy and different people playing on the offensive line this week.
Speaker 9: You know, I just I like we gave it the one sack against the great player number nine of yet that can't Crosby. We gave it that one sack. But other than that, we didn't have a lot of pressure. We was balanced with the run. We kept Javonte Williams a juggernaut, that's what we call it. You kept them active, you know, and we had other players come in and give him a spot check, which I hate. I want him to get at least twenty five to thirty carricters a game. We said something off air that needs to be fixed right now. No more fumbles, No more close fumbles are fumbles. So that way coach can continue to believe in you to continue to give you more carries. Offensive line played okay, they played well enough to beat the team that they beat last night. Dak was tremendous and how he did it once again. And I just got to compliment our two receivers, yes, sir, and I'm and I'm talking about the people that say they got the all twenty two. This guy CD, Thank you, CD, thank you, because now Pickings is killing second coach, you can't put a second guy a second corner of third.
Speaker 5: This dude is killing folks. He's doing what he's supposed to.
Speaker 9: I'm loving how these two receivers are playing together and playing off each other, that is, and Dak is finding them and he's looking for like the pre reader is telling him, c D. I'm sorry, George. Hey, you going again, and it's working. We did what we were supposed to do. Offensively, We had a balance attack, We stayed balanced. We didn't get Dak hurt. My whole goal is to get back to the end of the season. And they ran enough and they had enough play action pass receivers was open.
Speaker 5: Uh, Fergie, they keep dogging up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but Fergie, we're gonna get them five and go five and go as long as we keep getting touchdown.
Speaker 4: Now, Dak was twenty five or thirty three last night, two hundred and sixty eight yards, four touchdowns, all right. We had one hundred and fourteen rushing yards. Williams had was twenty two. Uh, twenty two rushing attempts for ninety three yards, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, like we talked about the balance.
Speaker 4: Now, there's been a little bit of a debate we know about that as far as is George Piggins the number one or's her number two?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: And and and we've already talked about like how do we how do we maneuver the the pass I guess you could say the passing game to make sure that both guys are actually get fed.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, what where do you go with this from here?
Speaker 7: To say?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, George had that game last night that he had CD of course had it, had a pretty good game, but he didn't have the numbers that George had. Now, is it a situation here where we definitely have two one A receivers? Or do we got a one A and maybe a one B?
Speaker 3: Or what? How do you how do y'all see you?
Speaker 6: I think when when it goes to this, I think it's it's kind of both of them are one a's if you want to put it like that.
Speaker 3: They're both number one receivers out there.
Speaker 6: And thank goodness you got a guy and Dak Prescott who's able to understand that and able to distribute the football accordingly. And I'm sure he got with them before the game, whatever the case may be, and got with that offense and let him know man, if you're open, I'm gonna get you to ride.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not gonna force nothing out, cause that's that's old Dak.
Speaker 6: That's that's the old dec where if it ain't CD, I got to force it.
Speaker 3: He ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 7: No more.
Speaker 3: Have you open or you got.
Speaker 6: The one on one opportunity, he gonna go. He gonna hit you with the football. And that's what you gotta love about that.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: We saw in the two previous games Arizona in Denver, those two games where you know, out of those games he had one touchdown and three interceptions, you saw that kind of forcing. You saw that, man, I gotta make a play, I gotta I gotta put the team on my back. I gotta go out there and do this. And you saw what happened with that those interceptions. We lost those games and it just it just didn't pan out, and the offense didn't produce like we knew they could produced throughout this season. But when you get that bounce attack like Nate was talking about, you get that run game going opens up a lot of doors.
Speaker 3: For those receivers on the outside.
Speaker 6: And Dak Prescott has done an amazing job of distributing the football. Now, if it gets to a point where one of these casts got you know, ten to fifteen targets, the other one got two or three, and it's, you know, a game that's keep going like that, I can see some you know, some frustration, but I believe you got the leadership in place to where that won't happen.
Speaker 3: At least I don't see it happening.
Speaker 4: Right, We're talking about George Pickens and of course Ceedee Lamb. Last night, George Pickens had eleven targets, nine of them he went for forty four. See he had seven targets, he had five and went for sixty six toward the sixty six yards and they both scored touchdown. He had eighteen yard touchdown and uh GP had that thirty seven yard touchdown where he looked like he definitely knew his way to the end zone.
Speaker 6: On that one. To be that thing and be able to move like that. Man, it's it's wold. He cutting back. He looking like, you know, one of these shifty running backs, but the man's six four, two hundred some pounds.
Speaker 3: Like man, that's dangerous, dude, that's dangerous.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I see that look on your face over there, Bron.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, I just I just I'm just I'm just so astonished, like how things can change in a week or two, because you know when when Jesse Holly was over there, you know, another offensive guy, and they was asking about the one A one B. I told y'all, hey, we got a one A one A and you go with the hot hand and if you're a smart man, you stay with the hot end. Now you talking about like, oh snap, we just thirt we're gonna distribute it over here, and we're gonna go over here, and like I'm not you know, I'm always gonna pull y'all change for saying that. But like the way that you knew he and everybody was talking about CD was the for sure number one. Like he runs the rail tree and he's doing all that, and like I said, with George Pickens.
Speaker 7: He just got here. He just got a good guy.
Speaker 8: Dak is doing that, and we're seeing the evolution of Dak, but we're also seeing the evolution in George, like he's just now started. Like last night was the first time you seen him run that route tree a reverse real wheel route, catch it then go make the cut and go score a touchdown Like I I'm not gonna say, oh, I'm gonna pick this guy over that guy, But all I'm gonna say is that he's opening up the offense because even when you don't have those two guys, well, you just have the thread of those two guys. Yes, CD didn't have the numbers last night, but when he did get it, he was effective. George was effected to where we seen Flanora go out there and is making a name for himself to where he gonna demand the bag at the end of the season. You got Fergie over here saying I showed you why mis Jones gave me the bag, and it just opens up everything on this offense to where it's like wow. So what he said, I was in a I appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: If only you would have listened to me on that ten win thing, you might have really been.
Speaker 3: Good time time.
Speaker 6: And secondly, I wasn't here that day. Y'all was going back and forth on the on the.
Speaker 8: You said it before then, but I'm sorry it was the other guy.
Speaker 5: You know. The thing about this is good banter. I love it. Uh Perkins pick excuse me?
Speaker 9: Was in uh Pittsburgh and he had to deal with double coverage, he had to deal with uh, the best corner, and he didn't have a quarterback.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 5: So now he has that, I don't I don't so much.
Speaker 9: Worry about who is going to get the ball because the head coach has already told you.
Speaker 5: You know, I got these plays with CD. I got these plays for for George. You know, he even got a little bag for Perkins five and under. Yeah.
Speaker 9: But the thing is for us to all have been around one and two receivers and we have a special deal here. We haven't had this special over two receivers and one is developing even more, like you say, and George, we haven't had this when Amari was here and what was a rookie?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Or CD he was too young.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when it's the last time you had two legit receivers and im and I'm gonna go so far back, you know, it wasn't even in my time. It was when your dad played with Tony Hill and Drew.
Speaker 7: Really that's not.
Speaker 3: Longly, it's Ben. So you ain't gonna say Irving and Heart no.
Speaker 9: No, no, no no no, Heart went rat to town. He showed you he wasn't call him rat the town like he got that I got I got that money. Say, now you're gonna see what I feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, this isn't.
Speaker 8: They say that either I was like the best receiver I can think of during this time Witting, Well, well you got Witting, but that we don't look at Witness at the tight end. Were talking about receivers. I think the best receiver. I was saying, you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about game changes.
Speaker 8: T Williams, Terrence Williams, and Obs. So that's not that's no, but that's what I'm saying. It's no comparison. But I'm saying, like when you it's it's not sad to say, but it's crazy to think, like you haven't had a tandem like that with the lineage of the offense like here, like Dak has had the number one office, Romo had a number one offense. BLOODSOE was doing good at one point time, and for all these guys to do good, it was like dang, like this is the first time you're seeing it. And like you said, you don't have a Witting, but you got a Jason. I mean you got a first that's over there doing numbers, and now you have one a one B and the running back is you know like this. Would you say you've been the og that you want to seeing all the greatness around football, would you say that this is the most complete offense all around far as weapons, QB and cohesiveness.
Speaker 5: If our offensive line.
Speaker 7: A lot of great boys football, If.
Speaker 9: Our offensive line can get up to when we buried and had that offensive line here, if they could get there, Like I say, the two receivers gonna always take care of the running back. You know, are either that one great running back gonna.
Speaker 5: Take care of your receivers.
Speaker 9: We got two great receivers that would take care of the running back situation, you know, because his dad played with two great receivers, you know, and they took care of one another.
Speaker 3: You couldn't.
Speaker 9: You just had to line up cover too across the board and that's all you could play.
Speaker 5: That's all you can play. Anything else was uncivilized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So look, we gotta pay some bills. We gotta you know, take our first break here. But you know, coming back, we want to definitely get into talking about some of the other cast that showed up last night. The young kid rev went over showing definitely made their debuts yesterday and then we also want to get into a little bit of this stuff talking about the true impact that Quinn Williams had last night on the inside too as well. Stay right here with us is players lounges brought to you by Ariskic Aristcat Gaming.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker.
Speaker 10: Is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy Lipbam. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL Shop dot com slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 1: To the Players Lounde.
Speaker 8: Celebrate the season at the Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza, Power Bar Reliant at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday through Saturday night from November twenty first, Yes you heard it right, November twenty first through December twentieth for electrifying holiday performance you don't want to miss out. For more details, visit Thestar District dot com.
Speaker 4: Good smooth, good, Welcome back to this Players Loundes brought to you by a risk Cat Gaming. I am Matthey Door said, and today we got with us the great Nate new and Barry's all right church Hm Cowboys, Cowboys get back on the right track with that w last night. And you know it was a total team win. And and when I say that, I mean total team win. We actually had some guys who finally made their debuts last night and the Mario Overshon and uh the young Revel kid who was who came back and was able to play last night, and looking at from what from what they were able to do and contribute, they both made some plays last night. Uh, Jerry has been talking about we had some reinforcements, and uh, I definitely think that this is part of what he was talking about. But as you guys watched the game last night and just seeing what Logan Wilson was able to do as a new line back in here and then playing with Overshawn as well, and then what Revel was supposed was able to do on the outside. Uh, anytime we went to Nickel and stuff like that, how did you feel about their progress and just them getting their first snaps last night.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry with you trailers.
Speaker 7: For me, I'm gonna start.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna start this thing off just because I think the biggest key component is up front. Quentin Williams doing what he does. He only for a weekend. He was a destructive he was He was a monstrosity down there, just do everything that he was doing. It trickled off to where you've seen him doing what he did, Kenny Clark.
Speaker 7: Doing what he does.
Speaker 8: But then you had Dige Zul coming off the bench and being able to do that, like when you got a three man rotation like that, like it is electrifying. And for the guy that I said that was gonna be my Yetti cool cup logan coming in doing what he did. He had the green dot last night, did he not for him to have the green dot on a short week like this and play the way that he was playing, Like you've seen Overshan out there not having to direct people around like it Wasn't it so much pressure on a guy that's coming off an injury to say, hey, I need to be the captain of this. But kind of like on offense, you had a one A and one B with Overshan making the plays, Wilson out there making the checks, and you've seen complimentary football for the first time. So for me, I was really excited about it. And then I love what I've seen for the Revel kid. I'm gonna let the DBS and y'all to take that down. But the way I seen him making plays, stripping the ball and once again coming off major injury like that, I cannot get my hats off. We got three people out of this year that it came off a cl injuries, right, Overshaw, Revel, and then you got digs Well two out of the two out of the people that was here with the rehab staff the whole time, really showed you.
Speaker 7: What, possibly you know what, let me pass it.
Speaker 5: I had to let me go ahead. I don't hurt the tell the truth.
Speaker 7: I don't hurt right, but no, go ahead.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm I'm just saying preach, bro saying good stuff. I'm say preach.
Speaker 6: I mean how you look at it Berry, when I'm when I'm looking at this. We talked about it yesterday on the show. We look at Aberus and the type of defense he loves to run. He always the on the better ones. He always has that guy on the second level. That's that's the quarterback. That's the guy that can get everybody lined up and in the right situation. Not necessarily an all world, all Pro game changer, but he's that guy that thinks above the shoulder pads and make sure everybody's lined up in the right spot. You know, if we're all playing cover two, not half playing cover two, half plan cover one. And I thought that's what Logan Wilson was able to do out there. When you look at it the defenses in the past, he's had a Sean Lee, he's had a ro Kwan Smith, he's had a Shack Leonard.
Speaker 8: Out there, and Franklin was black young kid. He was behind Shack Leonard.
Speaker 6: Over there, and so yes, he always had that quarterback of the defense, and so far this season that that wasn't there. You know, you had, you know, marry those guys trying to do what they did. But we saw the communication errors.
Speaker 3: On the defense.
Speaker 6: So when you got a guy like Logan Wilson in there, who's a cerebral type player, had everybody lined up, everybody was communicating on the same page, these are the type of results you're gonna get. So I love it what I saw from him, and he's going to be extremely beneficial, in my opinion, to over shown development out there, because when you look at it, it's not going to be on overshown to go out there and say, all right, guys, we're in this, we're in this, we're in that. While also being that pro boke out all pro caliber linebacker. He can sit there and say, all right, Logan, when I got this play, all right, this is my responsibility, seeball, go get ball. Let me go out there and make these plays. So I love that aspect. I think they're going to grow as a tandem and just become better and better as the season progressed. And I love what I saw from the Rebel kid as well. Man, you need that in the second dary.
Speaker 8: Ad, Can I ask you a question break it down a little bit more, because I know you have been one of the most critical guys of this secondary Darion said what he said, But I know for you you were critical in the playoff digs when you first got here. Elam and the rest of these guys like talk about, for me, what did you see in the Rebels kid? And then how many snaps did he take last night? Because I think he took a lot of snaps? So like, are you optimistic in what you've seen from him? Do you think Jerry was right when he said, hey, help is really on the way, and he was referring to these two workhorses and overshawn.
Speaker 5: Nineteen snaps for Revel.
Speaker 4: So first thing I saw last night was drawn Bland played a much better game than he played the week before, right, and then and then his matchup it actually seemed like they had him on bours wherever he was going, yes, and so he messed up. Well, we talked about how big he was, We talked about how much of a mismatch he was, and Laying went out there and made some good plays on him. And then to have Kaylyn Carson come back in off of ir and to be able to play every defensive snap as well. All right, so we you know, you mentioned Diggs is gone, so you know, of course, you know, we're trying to find some guys who could next man up basically be able to fill in. And you don't want that guy that's going to just be another guy out there. You want a guy who's actually gonna be able to come out there and make some plays. And granted it was the Raiders, all right, but you know, like, but the Cowboys have basically been that team that has been that breakout team for whoever is going to be that on any given night, you know what I mean. So to actually be able to see that and to see that we have a little bit, I guess you could say the depth is growing. And in the second in the secondary was definitely, you know, a positive thing for me to see Revel come out there, who hasn't played and what almost over years his last snaps were actually in college, Yeah, exactly, you know what I mean. So to be able to come out there and the man up your first day out there, you know, yeah show it shows a lot of promise. So I'm definitely excited about that. And and and my whole thing has been with the secondary hasn't been the lack of talent. It's just been about the lack of technique that has been played, you know what I mean. And I really feel like with any of these guys, once they get their technique together like this, this whole secondary could turn into something very special. Of course, now with the additives of what's going on up front, up front and the center, and then you know, being able to hold Like one of the biggest things that I was looking at this this week coming up was you know, it was it was a whole thing of like people being able to look at this defense and say, oh, we can run on it, we can do this, and we can do that. I felt like, and I was hoping that the impact that Quinn Williams would coming here would be so immediate to the point where like, Okay, everything that you've seen before, you could throw that out the window. And so basically we were able to see that last night. And you know, like, like I said, you got to build off the small victories, Okay, regardless if it's the Raiders or not.
Speaker 3: They look good.
Speaker 4: You know, it's the momentum shift and it's something positive to be able to build off of. Now, Nate, let me ask you this right here, Okay, with so many young guys on that old line, you know, and last night we were able to see I believe they only gave it one sack. All right, As we move forward with guys getting healthy and everything, as far as like the next man up on that offensive line, what are you seeing from the young tylers and everything else out there that's giving you a positive I guess you could say, outlook on the rest of the season, and do you see any way for them to carry this momentum and keep it going into to like to try to build something maybe to get to this postseason if possible.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 5: The confidence out of all the groups.
Speaker 9: I think the secondary and offensive linemen have to be of one accord because you got so many things that can happen.
Speaker 5: You know, you got people lining up with you.
Speaker 9: You gotta deal with stunts, you gotta deal with games, you gotta deal with blitzes. Well, whereas in the secondary, you you line up, you got your deal with the crossing rights. You gotta go with the underneath. You got to deal with the rugs. So we have the most to deal with besides that quarterback. So all of these things they have to begin to play together. They have to stay healthy. You left left guard is not gonna get healthy. He has a bad knee.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be hobbled all year.
Speaker 9: But our two tackles, the right tackle is who is our left tackle is getting a little bit better. He's getting a little bit better. But the bottom line now is if our three guys, the center and two guards can jail that can we can help the tackles. But we need and come in this game here. We need for these three guys in the middle to be at their best. And this is what the third game that they've been together. Yes, sir, go ahead on.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, it was gonna I hate to cut you off.
Speaker 8: You get excited when you start talking about these guys need to come together, because we all know I've been the guy that said, hey, it's been the next man up. And for those first few weeks seeing them play against the New York Giants defensive line, holding those guys up. We've seen what type of performance they did against the Green Bay Packer who some people have them in Super Bowl favors. Do you think that they have the capability of playing to that caliber of that level with the Eagles coming in right now because you have Jayalen Carter the DM, Yes, you have that, but Jordans.
Speaker 7: Like with them playing the.
Speaker 8: Eagles stout front like that, do you think they have that capability of messing the wheel?
Speaker 9: And they've had this will be their fourth game back together. On the third game, they should be rounded into shape. Their defensive ends are nice, but they're not great, just like I think we got decent defense events but our middle is nice.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, if we can get a few whams, get.
Speaker 9: A few quick traps, uh, some quick hitting plays that we can can keep these two guys in the middle busy. You have to always keep them busy. Don't let them have a chance to think. Everything's got to be quick, no slow developing stuff. Whatever it is, gotta hit quick. And these guys gotta be technique sound. That's when I played and I played against and I'll say Philadelphia Reggie White. When they go into the barrier, they have Jerome Brown and they have I can't even think of the two other guys over the Mike Goldie.
Speaker 5: Y'all heard him, Mike Golie. They had these three guys in the middle.
Speaker 9: We was hitting quick, sir, and and uh and we threw technique out the winner because it was a dog fight. And so you know, if I got a hole in the early in that game, it was okay. You know, I had to get it done. You see what I'm saying. So these fellas got to get it done. But what coach cannot do is give up on the run game too early. If they force you into that, that's the one thing. Yeah, and don't give up just because you know, and.
Speaker 8: I hope we don't give up on the run because we've seen it in the first few plays when Javonte first came out there, it was an eight or nine yard run on the cars, run going on like trusting your running back. But like you said when you said a wamblock. For viewers out there in America, if you don't understand what a wamblock is, a defensive lineman hates this. This is where you have the three interior guys and your guard is gonna go really quick, and the center is right there, and it's so quick to where you're getting ear hold and next thing, you know, you're not getting off the ball. And so for him to say, we need to incorporate some more wambo trap to slow down Jalen and then we can slow him down in the middle, I think that's gonna set up the play action run and we get to see the one A one A and Javonte Williams.
Speaker 6: Then make it a Dak prices and just keepavon unless unless he I'm with Nate on this one, unless he tapping out.
Speaker 3: As he say, Man, I'm tired. I don't carry these guys. But keep that brother in the game, man.
Speaker 4: And I think that what you know, the numbers have proven over the years that anytime Dak has had some true balance and you know he's not throwing the ball thirty plus times a game, I believe his record is more so a winning record, you know. So that that that goes on to say that you know that is definitely important. Another thing that I that I that I think that you know the Cowboys can honestly do going into this game as well against the Eagles, is uh, look at it as almost like we got to get some revenge here. Okay, they got they got the first game against him, and of course, you know, any type of division game goes for two games, so if anything, and trying to stay second in his division and in the conference as well, Uh, they're gonna have to try to get try to get this get back on this one right here.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I definitely wanted to talk about though, Cowboys for sacks, one interception, all right, but those four sacks, that's big, of course, and one of theirs. I guess you could say it's the second second best game as far as when it comes to sacks and pressures.
Speaker 3: They have five against who was get.
Speaker 7: The safety as well.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, if new he was here, he would say his shout out to his own makup friend.
Speaker 3: But right, oh yeah, really great defense.
Speaker 5: You've forgotten to dance.
Speaker 8: Hey, I thought he would, but day like that would have been perfect time. And so hey, shout out to newly in them boys. Many travels when you get back here.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hold it down for you, but we've got to take this second break, pay some more bills. It's the players downards right here. Brought you by a risk cat gaming. Stay tuned.
Speaker 12: Life is a workout and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 3: That scary bridge.
Speaker 12: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein zero grams. Have added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Glada a smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kim.
Speaker 10: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 13: It's game Day and raising kames if you want to order like a chad, it's action off the field.
Speaker 3: You need to focus on.
Speaker 13: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to.
Speaker 3: Order online are on our app.
Speaker 13: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising ca chicken fingers, one.
Speaker 14: Love, Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here, former Cowboys Savy. You know what separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment with blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the players Loud.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Nation, It is time to get the given season going. Yes, you heard it right, Tune in see multi. A multi award winning artist and Cowboys fan, post Malone performed during the salvation Army Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving. You heard it right, This Thanksgiving on CBS. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in the So tune in watch the Cowboys Cheez Post Malone this Thanksgiving and give joy at the Salvation Army US dot org.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Players Lounges, brought to you by Risk Cat Gaming. I am your host today, Anthony dor Sat joined by Nate Newton, Demontree Moore and Barry Church. All right, now moving forward, Okay, because like we gotta keep this momentum going, we gotta try to build off of this next week. We gotta we got a serious team coming in here. Of course I'm wonning the division. Of course, we're talking about the Philadelphia Eagles, and we mentioned, you know, this game being a being a conference in the division game, you know, so I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Throw this out there to you.
Speaker 4: What can what what can the Cowboys you or use off of this game here to try to stay consistent and going into this next Philly game.
Speaker 5: Just the same game play.
Speaker 9: Minus the two guys missing the first series or so, just come with the shame.
Speaker 5: Come with the same game plan.
Speaker 9: Be physical, let your emotions start the game, but let your execution in the game, because they gonna come out and try to throw a punch at us. They're coming to us, so you come. When you come in there, They're gonna try to throw an early punch. If we can get through that early punch and not let them get too far ahead, we don't get too far ahead that we get the big head that we should be.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm not saying.
Speaker 9: I'm a realist and I deal with the middle of offenses and defenses, and that means both defensive offensive lines in the middle.
Speaker 3: Who gonna win that battle?
Speaker 9: If we can win the inside battle I'm talking about versus their center and guards, and we win that, we got a chance to win this game.
Speaker 5: But if we lose that.
Speaker 4: Trey, what do you see that we can use as far as with the d line showed you this past week, to stay consistent with that, to build off of that and go into this game against Philly.
Speaker 8: Well knowing Shotty like how I know him coming in under Pete Carroll lineage. Pete used to always talk about competition. Shotty talk about competition since day one, he coming in there just from trash can basketball, that little nuance.
Speaker 7: Well, if I know.
Speaker 8: Him like I think I do, I think Shane's gonna go in there and he's gonna lean off of that momentum. He's gonna bank off of having that snowball effect. Quinn, will you and you came in here and you barely knew the scheme, and you got one and a half sex already and you only had one coming into the year.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, this is made for you.
Speaker 8: Hey, Kenny Clark, you've been a ferocious monster since the day that we traded for you, and you have set the momentum for this defense. Guess what you got? Help now, brother, go do what you're gonna do. Hey, Overshawn, young guy, Hey, you just got back over Shawn, young pup. It's time to hunt, and you you're gonna graduate from being a young pub to the big dog. I need you to attack like that logan. Hey man, you've always been a starter. Well, guess what. This is a new place in a new environment. Lead us leader. Go out there and do what you do, the rookie doing what he does, and then from there you're gonna talk them up to make them run through a brick wall and say, hey, man, ibra Flus, do what you've been doing. Show us we're in the foxhole with you. Because guess what, the carpenter has this tool. So be excited right now, use that momentum, and then you challenge them because guess what this is gonna come down to. As Nate, like you said, it starts in the trenches. I want to see if our d line outplays they D line, And if y'all do that, I guarantee you will win because Dak and them, we're gonna do what they need to do. D Line, go get their sacks. They got a guy that's coming. They got two guys that they're talking about coming in. Well, guess what our two guys. Guess what we got three guys we got. We got Kenny Clark, we got Quinn Williams, and we got Osa in the back end. And not to mention everybody else, we need to outplay them. So I think that's what's gonna come down to to win this game.
Speaker 4: Right now, Church, what secondary do that with the new addition of the two new guys coming back as far as Revel and Case and Clark, and I'm sorry Kaylen Clark and uh, what can they do to stay consistent minus digs? But like Bland just stepped up and played the hell of a game yesterday. What can the secondary do to keep this keep this ball rolling in the right direction.
Speaker 6: You gotta keep focusing on that technique. You gotta lock in on the fundamentals and the basics. You know, don't go out there doing stuff that you don't practice on the football on the on the practice field.
Speaker 3: Like if you if you're a.
Speaker 6: Guy that loves to play off technique and you're a man the man coverage, locking on that, you know, focusing on your off technique, don't be a guy that's just oh, I'm gonna try this or I'm gonna try that. That's how you gonna get beat. That's how you're gonna give up the exposed to play. We've seen it earlier in the year against Chicago. You mean, you got my guy, you know digs, you know, up and down, but he jump jamming cats and letting people run around him.
Speaker 3: Focusing on your techniques, locking and that communication.
Speaker 6: Has got to be big time on this in the secondary. You guys all got to be on the same page. If you're all wrong.
Speaker 3: You're all right. At least you're.
Speaker 6: Playing the same scheme, and I feel like Logan Wilson is gonna do a great job of making sure everybody's playing within the system there and secondly, as a whole defense and a team. Basically, the big dogs got to show up like this is a this is a game, a division game against one of the best teams in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: You can't go missing. You can't.
Speaker 6: It can't be one of those games where, yeah, I want to show out against the Raiders, but Philly and I'm like, oh, man, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: You know, you got it all.
Speaker 6: Your big dogs have got to show up offensively and defensively. And when it comes to the coaching staff, don't do anything too cute, man, Don't don't go out there and say I gotta do this reverse trick pass or this.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta do this fleet flicker here to get yardists.
Speaker 6: You're talented enough on the outside, You're talented enough in the backfield to get the job done. Stay balanced, stay within yourself. And that goes for the coaches, that goes for the players as well. But the big dogs got to show up first.
Speaker 5: And goal don't don't don't first and goal.
Speaker 9: Juggernaut give it to him at least two times.
Speaker 5: And then if you want to try something fans after that.
Speaker 3: Stick to it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the things I think that is kind of playing to the Cowboys been fit right now is a little bit of the controversy that's going on with that Philadelphia offense all right now. They definitely got a one A and a one B or two ones over there, but they ain't figured it out like the Cowboys have yet, you know what I'm saying. So that's definitely playing into their benefit. And then and not to mention that sa Quan just has not had those those games that we saw or were used to him having as far as from last year, we were just putting up a hundred yards after hundred yards after hundred yards. So with that being said, and you know, hopefully, like we talk about, build up all the small victories, Okay, it does not matter what they are, just building off all these small victories.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that will give the Cowboys a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of a momentum going into this game right here, you know, and then to hopefully try to figure out a way to not only be competitive, but to actually get a w again this weekend? All right, now, the transition into this is going to be, Okay, how do we stop Smith number one? He's there basically their go to guy. All Right, we already see that Brown is being complaining. He just had a meeting with the owner and everything.
Speaker 3: Else like that. But when we talk about Philly always finds a way to do what?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 8: So can I ask you all this then? With Philly always finding a way to win? The number one team?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 8: The Cowboys the playoffs aren't they aren't completely going yet. They're aspirations for it. If they come in and get this win, does this does should this excite Cowboys fan? Does this let them know that they're a arrival? They're really a playoff caliber team and contender.
Speaker 7: Do you think that with this win?
Speaker 3: If you're on the roster, you can't. You can't think that if you're on the team. I get it, you know, fans and everybody, we've arrived.
Speaker 6: But you can't think that, man, because you know this team has been on such a roller coaster ride. Right now, they got to continue to stack these victories. They got to continue to just focus on getting one win at a time when you start looking at, oh, man, we got a better chance now to get to that.
Speaker 3: You know, to that tournament and get a foot in there.
Speaker 6: That's when you know a team will sneak up on you, like Theirs on the Cardinals or Charlotte or you know, Carolina.
Speaker 7: Or something like that, Charlotte, Charlotte.
Speaker 6: It's like you, you just got locked in one win at a time, and then after after the seasons that you look up and you're in there or yank.
Speaker 3: But if you look too far in the future, man, it can get ugly quick.
Speaker 5: Because we have been the drug store cowboys. Promise you bro everybody using us for a drugs. The thing that you the thing that this team has to do you and you are not.
Speaker 9: Good enough to not play your best every week. You're not good enough not to study film. You're not good enough not to break the to break the rules of the offense of the defense. You're not good enough. And uh, that's hard for us to take as alpha males, all of us and nature is just not good enough. What Jerome Brown showed me that, so I had to watch the extra film showed me that, So I had to watch you the extra fielm. You know what I'm saying, so I can level up. So all, you're not good enough to be in desperate mode, but you are good enough to study your film and do the extra work.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's been a good day today. I was back on the W you know, and thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 4: It's been the Players Lounges brought to you by a Risk Cat Gaming once again. I am your host, Anthony dor Set. We had Nate Newton, Demontra and y'all make sure y'all tune back in tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll be right here again.
Speaker 5: Perfect read.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.