Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm the Rick Butchers Show with speaking Greg Butchers and Evan Hadla and Rick Boches.
Speaker 3: Let's go America. The text Nation is fag Robert is ready, a lot of Hey Roberts, you short, Rock City's ready, Kentucky Rednecks are ready. What's that Birch Gulf Shores, Alabama? Ready, glen Coe, how about a new mix of cols? Ready? H with Pennsylvania always ready. Jeremy said, I'll take all five today. Ranta, You're ready, Atlanta, Baby, Hazelhurst, Georgia, you'ren you in Mississippi, Zach the trash Man is ready, Pop Tart is ready, Jacksonvillederome, Georgia is ready. Michigan ready to go. We're ready, San Antonio. Adler's ready, Arkansas already ready. Somebody say, hey, Burge, I'm ready, Laura, Mississippi, we see you.
Speaker 4: Everybody come on.
Speaker 3: You know it is another hour on another day. Wisconsin weighing in today. Welcome, Uh, Paul bonfam is ready and New Brockton, Pensacola, Marshall, Texas. Uh all ready to go. UH and the Gang We're all back UH settled back into the Big Boys. Studios. Uh, we've got text Nation back, We've got the tubers back. Uh, we're back from the road. Uh the road. Uh, it's a different animal. It's a different animal. You're you're dealing with technical stuff and this and that. Nothing's where it should be. There's people talking all around you. There's noises. If you I listened to the podcast archives yesterday. If you don't, if you're bothered by people moving their mics around and making noise, uh, you you're not gonna enjoy that too much.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's noisy, it's it's it lacks professionalism. Uh, it's got a lot of problem and that's what people love them. That's about saying that. My next line was and that's what makes me fantastic. That's why we love it. Is a lot of fun. Uh. The unpredictability and you talk about taking you just never know what's gonna happen. We don't know you that's the thing. A lot of times you don't know, but we do. In this case on location, you don't know nor do we, and you know not stuff's blowing off the table. Yeah, I mean somebody's you know, spilt breakfast on top of something.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: It really the bathroom's not where it should be. It really is a lot of fun. So if you have not captured yesterday, Uh, the audio archive is there. It's on the podcast channel, and you can go enjoy that and hear us work it all out and of course on your on the archive. For those of you that on the live, you know, you're limited by your schedule. Uh, like the person that was trying to figure out how they could get all the show, but they weren't willing to join us till till two hours in. So you can go back now, but right out of the gate, you're gonna get what now has become a new term here on the show. Hey Robert, Hey, roberts right out of the gate. Now, now we're struggling a little bit technically out of the gate and we're over modulating and we're splattering. But hey, hey, Robert sides that, Hey Robert, that hey Robert is right there, and it gets its started. So now when it comes to well what about what about all the visual stuff? Well, Speedy, I even think Greg to some point I did we you know, we provided some pictures and some images from yesterday. Adler was grabbing all sorts of videos. So Adler, I go to you for an update for all who loved the YouTube option.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will have every big interview that we did. I'll put that out, put a big region's recap out.
Speaker 3: Rick, you know this.
Speaker 4: I worked on computer problems for about three and a half hours yesterday.
Speaker 3: I hope I never see that face again.
Speaker 4: My goodness.
Speaker 3: I was We did the Bible, the Bible study, by the way. It's that archives available now to for job thirteen. That that's on our YouTube and our podcast. I was signing books yesterday, three hundred and tw only strong, by the way. So Adler, I just out of grace, did not want to destroy that moment or mess up that rhythm. H So I finish, and I'm coming in about to tell Adler I'm moving on to the next thing. And I just see, I mean no color. I mean Adler's not overly ten anyway, that's fair, but but I'd never seen him that pale, and he's down on the floor crawling around, and the look on his face. I knew without even asking something bad had happened.
Speaker 4: It's just well, my computer, my main computer, the main brain here. It's it's been an acting, weird, little sluggish a little weird, little slow. So you want to restart it, right, And so I go after the Bible study it Luckily I got that all out. And after the Bible study, I go to restart that computer and it's it's always telling me and Max are notorious for this. It's like there's a new software up there, there's a new software update.
Speaker 3: It it gets mad at it. It does, and I'm at right.
Speaker 4: Now, and I have to click remind me later, almost every day, just remind me later, remind me later, because I can't because of all those the different things that I have this computer doing. I can't upgrade to the newest whatever mac os, c R O Leopard or whatever. Right, uh, And so I'm just going for a restart and then I see right before my monitor goes black, software update initializing, and I'm like, I did not tell it to do that. And then for about an hour, that computer was just black, nothing, nothing, It would not show me anything, it would not react to anything.
Speaker 3: And so you were trying to shut it down while it was trying to update.
Speaker 4: I didn't. It's it said software update initializing, but then the monitor went Then the screen just went black. Okay, and so what would not My biggest fear was that that software update failed and I was going to have to start from scratch with a brand new setup, a brand new computer. There's a lot of things going on set up in this computer in order for us to broadcast and record and publish content every day, and I thought I was going to be working with a blank slate that would not work. Not sure if we were gonna have a show on the air the next day.
Speaker 3: On all that.
Speaker 4: So it was I'm in cabinets, trying different things, running different routes, and if you can see, my monitor is hilarious. Now I've gotten one of our old TVs. For some reason, an old TV will work, and I have a huge, just old TV up here.
Speaker 7: On the counter.
Speaker 4: Really, yes, I just put a TV on the counter and it's for some reason. The for some reason, the computer likes it. So you can't see there's the coyote. Hey, there's so anyways, there's that. But yes, I would probably shoot it from over there. When you edit for when you try to work out problems for like three hours, yeah, you don't really get to edit anything. I did want to get out somebody, you know, I want to look through the footage and be like, all right, who is the biggest, best and who said the most outlantic stuff.
Speaker 3: I'd be Gary, Gary.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting that Tommy Tuberville said kind of basically said, I'm still weighing it over. You know, I'm still thinking it over. I might run for governor. He did, He said I might run for go I pressed.
Speaker 3: Him on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so that was That was probably a moment I was going to try to get out. Of course, the saving interview was great, Charles Barkley, it was. It was a big That's one of my favorite days of the year. It's an exhausting day, but it is a cool day just to have all these people coming through.
Speaker 3: It's a fun time. Jamie Johnson, but we won't bring him here, right. Yeah. A couple of things happened yesterday, and you hit on what we got Gary Garius Hey Robert, which I see text nation in the audience. You've already which is why we love y'all. You've already embraced it. Surely there's a shirt coming just is hey, Robert Hey, Robert Speedy referencing some person named Drew. Right. Okay, well you know why when it should have me confusing John Daily and Jim Daily, which they could not be a bigger chasm.
Speaker 8: Nation said, maybe Speedy can ask Drew how Jim Daily fun?
Speaker 3: And then then that's fun. Then Adler's socially awkward moment with Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so those were then Greg being hung in a stair.
Speaker 3: You get all that. Yeah, right, you have to go into a concert the night before raw, so we we we will recap some of that yesterday. But the audio podcast is there, and then you heard Adler tell you we have highlights to tell you what's going on in there though with Adler, and he is on the phone pulling the curtain back. So take Big Vox Entertainment. Okay, that's that's the company that owns The Rick Burgess Show and everything that we produce. Okay. Then we have a relationship with Summit Broadcasting. They are are broadcast partner. We have a relationship with I Heart Radio who handled the podcast archives every day. Then we have a relationship with Syndicated Solutions that syndicates the show on the terrestrial radio network. And then we have Blazed TV that basically is our partner in all things YouTube. All right, So Blaze's TV and adlers talking to them that part of our world is so important. Now that we're gonna adders, would they we may need to come down there, get back in that room and update everything. Yeah, I mean, I think it's time. You've been using the same stuff for what five years now?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They Blaze has been great. They they have been very helpful. They are great people to work with. And now that we're launching this Strange Encounters podcasting up, Yeah, I think I think it is time for me to remind them. Hey, guys, y'all came and we set this stuff up like five or six years ago. M hmm, it's getting tired. That's a long time in computer years.
Speaker 3: Well you also, I mean it does a lot of work. It run it. We got so much content. Remember, most people don't have the amount content that we have.
Speaker 8: I remember your interaction with them earlier in the year when you told them what you were using and and there it guys said, you're you're using what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he goes, oh, yeah, we got a couple of those, like in the basement or something like that. I'm like, great, cool, I got one, and it's the brain of our show.
Speaker 3: The text nations warning that a mac will update eventually whether you want it to or not. I think we tried it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: All right. So we've talked about Patriot Mobile for a while now, and you know, we do have a choice, and we've made that crystal clear, right, So we do have a choice. And one of the things that is so wonderful about Patriot Mobile and I want you to grasp this. We're not asking you to say, hey, Patriot Mobile represents our views. Hey, you don't want to give money to these companies that you don't agree with politically or morally. But you know what, the service is not going to be that great, but at least you're doing something good. No, they they bring things to the table. First of all, they are one of the few cell phone service providers that operates on all three of the major networks. The fact is, if you have cell phone service in this country right now, you get exceps optional or even better service with Patriot Mobile. That's why they offer a coverage guarantee that others can't offer. Okay, so if you have not moved to Patriot Mobile because you're worried about coverage, don't worry about that. Maybe you think the switch is painful hassle. I don't like that kind of stuff either. Well, I'm here to tell you, and you know how much I hate hassles. It's really not. It's very easy. No need to spend hours in a retail store waiting your term. Simply call Patriot Mobiles one hundred percent US based team from the comfort of your own home or office and they'll have you activated in minutes. Still locked into a contract, not a problem there. Patriot Mobiles a contract buyout covers up to five hundred dollars per device. Keep your same number, keep your same phone, or if you want to treat yourself to an upgrade, you can do that too. Are you ready? Let's make the move Patriot Mobile dot com slash rick that offers a free month Patriot Mobile dot com slash rick are called nine to seven to Patriot mentioned the show and get a free month with Patriot Mobile.
Speaker 1: We talked to the public every day, and trust us, you should be gravely concerned the week Burgess show.
Speaker 3: That's right, Thanks for being with us. A lot to do. Yeah, look, it's active. I told you this week was active. If you were with me when we started this week, I said you better hang on. It's an active week, all right, So new sponsor. And it's just one of those things. I mean, have you gotten to the point in your life or to someone you love at the point in their life? Or stepping over into a tub is a dangerous situation. I mean, it's a dangerous situation. So well, here's the answer. And these are wonderful people, and that is safe step walk in tubs. Wonderful people. There are kind of folk right there in Tennessee, and they make a great product. They're very kind, they're fair. As a matter of fact. Right now, if you call them and say, hey, I'm listening to birds and the guys you might have heard of Big Vox Entertainment and the Rick Burgess Show, they're sixteen hundred dollars off, so call one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty. They have the ultra low step in avoiding that difficult climb over the traditional bathtub wall. They have a variety of therapeutic benefits too, from soothing your aching muscles. Let me underline that one in joints especially speedy after your day yesterday, increasing your mobility, boosting your energy even improving your sleep. So if you want to eat, this is not a problem. Matter of fact, they usually get it done in one day. They're designed to easily fit in any existing tubspace. Okay, usually in about a day. So once you call one eight hundred nine, five six, twelve twenty mentioned this show gets sixteen hundred dollars off and a free shower package. Okay. Also the link has the number there Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors. So the show yesterday on location, the interviews that Adler's working on. If you missed the show, you can go back and get the audio archive. But if you love seeing the videos of these interviews or moments that were big on the show, we talked to Trent Dilfer, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tuberble, Kaylin de Borr, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, Jamie Johnson, those all came through. They did. It was chaos, like to see not not many people are on time. It was a little that was we seemed to be the theme this year. We live in the world of ten minute segments. Yeah, so if you arrive five minutes already in, it now becomes five minutes second. Yeah, and that's tough. And I don't know if I looked on the clock when sitting down in the chairs after he'd already elbowed me in the head once doing pro wrestling moves on me. Charles, right, uh, Charles, big man, Charles settles down. Yeah. Somebody said in my picture with Charles that I now I now know how Adler feels every day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's good, a big man. And think when he stands next to Shack, how little he looks. Let you know how big shacks. That's yeah, Shacks from the Nephilin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is unbelievable. Uh so anyway, so when by the way, that's exaggeration. I mean, Charles is taller than me. But I don't look after like in that picture looks like a little stairstep coach Saban.
Speaker 2: Then you.
Speaker 8: Look at that look at the good time. If Adler could be besides saving y'ad have something, we would really we'd have steps going right up.
Speaker 4: I think on the same height as No.
Speaker 3: Here he goes again, he's out there when he thinks he's as tall as people.
Speaker 4: I'm not up to his shoulders, all right, buddy.
Speaker 3: Now that but so they're sitting down. Okay, this is just the this is just the world of the one seat. They're sitting down. I mean, they don't know. They couldn't care less what the clock is and what our schedule is. They don't care. And so as they're sitting down, you know what they're thinking. Rightfully, So we are, Charles Barkley and Nick Saban. I understand you'd like to have a word with us. This is the time we're giving you. What do you have to say? They don't care? You think they care? When the heartbreak is at the bottom of the hour, are they concerned about that remotely? They sit down? The amount of interest that just sat down. I look to the clock. I have four minutes. Oh wow, and I think, well, that's not going to do.
Speaker 8: Even though they're on TV a lot. In their four minutes, that's a long segment. But they're not still not with us. They're not gonna sit through a break either.
Speaker 3: So once I go to the road, once I go to the break, they're gone, rightfully, So sure, yeah, places to be not me complaining. You got to you going through media row. As a matter of fact, I talked to a guy yesterday weird that we got into the conversation about this guy having to plan to our problem when I went to physical therapy, which was at the end of the long day.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you didn't tell saving you had to go physical therapy.
Speaker 3: But you don't think you'd appreciate the fact that I'm playing hurt. Now. You know, there's a lot of people they at this rotator cuff situation. They would they'd already. I mean, guys, I got to take off, frush, take off, you get surgery and all that I ain't take out from his radio show. So you don't that surgery, Greg, I'm trying. They go get the surgery and you can't run. Listen, Hey, I wouldn't be to if I had the surgery. I'll be left hand.
Speaker 7: Gray.
Speaker 3: Can you go run the board? Let's just put him behind they listen. Do you really want to see me walking around squeezing that stupid ball with that big old farness ond Yeah, I'm not doing that. I'm just gonna push through it, that's right. So anyway, and what this guy said that is where we were where we do the show from were located in Birmingham. So he said what I did because I know how all these people coming through. I listened to y'all interview them. Then I flipped over and then listened to the sports station interview. Oh okay, and he said, and then compare Oh and he said that was a lot more serious when they went somewhere else. Oh yeah, I was interviews. But anyway, so I just made we give them a break from that where they are. Yeah, they'd go to escape from that. So I just I just made the decision that I was going to talk to them longer. And you sure did. I wish I hadn't said I blew through the bottom of the hour break, because that upset the syndicator, Bob Kerrey, here comes, here comes mister Cecilia, New Yorker, getting on me. I didn't blow through the break. I just went to that break late, one break out of a five hour show, and I felt like the audience. And I've had people tell me, you wouldn't believe the number of emails and comments I got that said I could have listened to those two talk, oh yeah, for you know, thirty minutes, And so I wasn't going to rob the audience when tho those two started interacting with each other and started discussing life and work ethic and being coachable. I mean it was time for me to say I can't stop this, and so that would have been so we did, and I don't think it messed anything up. All right, It's fine this guy now just we've had technical problems before. It CAUs way more damage down. Of course, we find out a lot of things on location. Adler needs a better background, which I think was a great idea. Unfortunately, the sun blinded everything that I needed to see and I couldn't see where we were on time and all that. We weighed all that.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 3: Bet links also at Rick or just Show dot com. Also you can see it there and if you want sign copies that that's the only links that'll do that. If you're just grabbing it from like Amazon or some of the other places, you're not gonna have that option. But you can. And the reviews are starting to trickle in from all over. Thank you for that. I want to give you a couple of updates. So if you if you already did the sign copy option. I signed three hundred and twenty something yesterday, so they're out. They're shipping today, so you'll get those in plenty of time for Father's Day. We're not we're still behind. We're about I guess about eighty behind. But well, i'll do those tomorrow. But then, of course I'm sure mortars will come in, so I'll go signing again tomorrow and then we are to be caught up, so they're coming to you quickly. Also, let me make this note if you're Rick.
Speaker 4: Really really is signing them everybody, it's not like a stamp or it's not like Boden's auto pen.
Speaker 3: You know, no, no, as a matter of fact, and so yeah, it's nothing like that. And you can tell by some of them because of my handwriting not the best. But another thing I want to pass along a pay attention right now if you're in Prattville, Alabama, Montgomery, that area, I ninety two that world. That's one of our long standing affiliates back in the Rick and Bubba days and they continue with the Rick Burgess Show. Thank you very much. I will have the honor on Saturday, Lord willing to be part of a men's weekend at Prattville First Methodists. I speak eleven eleven thirty somewhere like that on Saturday morning. I'm excited about that. Just found out that Prattville First Methodists they contacted our publisher and they are sending them fifty copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain. So they will have those their Saturday. So if you're going to that men's event on Saturday in Prattville, I'll be there and the books will be there too, until they know, unless they run out of them. And so that's an opportunity and that way I could actually personalize some to you. So that's coming up on Saturday. Find those details at themanchurch dot com under events. And also update on the book. Found out yesterday that one of these big distributor services they love what's happening with the book. They got pitched on the book and they're in. Now what does that mean. What that means is over the next couple of weeks, it's going to start showing up wherever you buy books retail. It be at the airport, be at bookstores. Now when I say that they have to want it, you know what they'll do. They'll get something from that distributor that says these books are available, would you like to bring them into your store so they can go? And if you have a bookstore, some of you have emailed me that still have some of these great local bookstores saying, hey, how can we get the book in the store. Well, you should be getting something here pretty soon that gives you the option to do that. So that's kind of fun to uh So a lot of good things happening, so speedy. Yesterday we we kind of we did the show. There was a moment that now has become iconic. Uh it was a it was around this time, so we may revisit this later for those of you that heard us referencing it, but you didn't actually hear it happen. And that was having Gary with us yesterday. Gary, I'm going to run the list of Gary moments yesterday. He he thought the mayor of Hoover, Alabama was Paul fine Baum or whatever. He didn't say fine b was a bomb bomb bomb what do you call it? He followed, Hey, look over there's old Paul fine mom And I was like, no, that's the mayor of Hoover.
Speaker 9: So there was that.
Speaker 3: Gary commented on people loud that they could hear him, it seems very loud whisper. Yeah, he had that going on. There was an awkward moment where he tried to bring a hat from one of his buddies that he wanted Saban to sign. Yeah, backed out on that. Well, you and I Greg we that I wanted if he was willing to ask yes, but he wanted you that, Hey, you think you can get just get this hat sign And I'm like, oh, for the guy I thought he wanted us to sign, I thought, yeah, that's great, you know, I thought one of his friends, big fan of the show. He said, No, I don't want y'all to sign it. I'm gonna get Nick Saban signed. I'm not No, I'm not doing that. Now.
Speaker 8: You think I'm want to pass that over to Nick Sable beside my hat sign this hat, I ain't han doing that.
Speaker 3: People will see it, and then thereby saying that they, you know, get very signs. So so that happened, and then of course, you know the whole show right out of the gate Gary. Gary sits down now to kind of pull the curtain back to on location. See here in the comforts of this studio. I understand that location shows spawn great shows. Only reason why I enjoy them, the only reason why I do them. From a technical standpoint, and sitting here running the show, they're not there. I can't see anything, I can't hear anything the way I want to. You know, I've lost text nation. I can't I can't interact with them. I can't play bed music. You know, there's there's a lot we can't there's a lot of can't get it on YouTube. So there's a lot of problems technically of doing the show on location. Everything doesn't sound right. That drives me nuts. You know, we do the best we can, but it's worth it because of these moments that always happen. Yeah, so when you're on location, I don't care how many times you talk about it. Those headsets they're always live. Because here it's real simple for those of you out there listening, I just simply pot everybody down. It's not that simple on location. I'm dealing with tiny little knobs that you really and then if you start going up and down, a lot of them are dirty, they'll make noise. You can't just keep doing everybody's married about it, up and down, up and down, because then you come back and talk to them realize it's not up. Then you look try to find which ones which and and so you just leave them up. Well, that's that's a problem because everybody can talk and rattle and move and drop and and so, hey it's raw. A location show is raw, yeah, and so and everybody gets kind of punch in and which did a little too loose? Now that's the part I enjoy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good. Yeah. We do one of these a year.
Speaker 8: Hopefully we can start doing more and then that's when we can basically justify upgrading everything. Yeah, because I mean to just do one a year. To your point, it's like, okay, we can make it work. But there's some limitations into the system and how many channels it offers and different things.
Speaker 3: We need it just a little bit more.
Speaker 8: There's probably I don't know when you can have your bad music. You can you can turn this up and down or hit mute.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do about the YouTube thing, because I know that that's a problem. We need to be able to do those things video wise as well. But I don't know the answer because the word I would use is robust. We need a robust, solid signal and man, so many of these places just don't provide it, just no way.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so you know, and as you said, speedy, if we're going to do more shows on location than we as a company, or you're just gonna have to invest, and that's the word I would use. We also, audio wise needs something that's more robust, that that can handle how rowdy and loud and noxious. We oh yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 4: We are that Yes, a quick fix for our YouTube problem. And it wouldn't deliver a high quality video feed with multiple cameras to YouTube, but it would at least deliver the audio. And that is if we on location stuck to royalty free music so that I would not have to cover it, because I'm not going to be able to cover it. We could just send just the radio show on.
Speaker 3: To YouTube, okay, you know, and that and that's what I did yesterday. There was no royalty music issue. It was all royalty free.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well then we could have been live on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that but isn't that audio? But what's the audio? What's the difference? And I'm listening to the audio on YouTube and I'm listening to it on tune in.
Speaker 4: It's just what platform if you know, most.
Speaker 3: I'm accustomed to this platform, so I go there, okay, because that was my thought. If you just can listen to the audio, just go to tune in. Yeah, I think most of the the disappointment or they don't have the video, that's what I think. I don't think that they got options the streaming the audio. I'm not sure accomplished as much because we have so many ways to do that anyway, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's kind of why I didn't really pursue it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Plus, we've just got so much going on, guys. Is everybody you can hear that right now talking. That's everybody that's working on the show. Frankly, you know, I mean we got super Time, we got Dave here, you know, running the board. I don't want to diminish there their contribute their contributions at all. But we are a small crew and we get them. We bust our butts, yes we do. You know, there's a lot going on and eventually you're just like, man, I need to do a smaller number of things better. And that's that's honestly what I'm doing. And we're out at regions all right. Capture this buddy, that's the thing capture. It makes make sure your cameras.
Speaker 3: Are focused, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'd have to go outside us for and grab a couple of crews, you know, crew members to run maybe tripod cameras that give you a feed. You know what I'm saying, because you're not more than just you. Yes, yeah, to be frank about it, and you just touched on it, Adler, We're we're a small crew.
Speaker 3: We need to be a small crew, and we do this so few times it really isn't worth the investment it would take to have videos.
Speaker 8: Now, if we did this every other month and it's different once a year, if we were a TV show that you also could hear on the radio, but we're actually a radio show that you happen to look at on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so that you have to keep the priority where it is when it comes to investment and finances and all that, because it would take a crew of multiple cameras and it would be a lot. So and plus it's fun to just have the mystery of I can't wait to see what they're talking about when there puts down. Yeah, I think that's for But then there's this moment which you have right out of the gate. Yeah, I mean we are in segment one, Gary Dark. Gary has his head set on I'm trying to We're all trying to discuss something, and apparently somebody that Gary went to high school with, Yeah, walks by, and Gary doesn't even care at all what we're doing and does this. Robert, Now, this is just that.
Speaker 8: Sha Robert, Now I could go back and play twenty seconds prior from in there. Yeah, Robert, Yeah, just so just bring the production channel.
Speaker 3: Up in there, okay, all right? Hey, yeah, so that so keep in mind he says that to some guy that he knows walking by, and the guy didn't even recognize him at first because it's probably been a while. But now you have to put it into into context of the show was going on, and he just throws it out. Yeah. Yeah, well we we didn't. That was another thing I didn't think about when we got on location. Hey, Rick, you can see the meters just fine when you got to sitting in front of you and they're in the warmer room. But on location it's moved off to the left and you can't see the meters at all. Yes, go on. Yeah, so so here, here's kind of what was going on? Now, where was Drew? Hey Robert? Okay, I mean hey Robert. So now we're here, right, Garrett, what do you do? Hey? Buy all right? You know you promised it. No, I didn't promise. I said, I'll see what I'm doing. And uh and I said, Gary, put that hat back in the truck. We're not We're not going to ask you say, right in the middle of it. I mean, right in the middle of it. Let me do we have his microphone when he was actually talking to Roberts, because Robert came right over. Oh yeah, oh you hear that too. He and Roberts started talking off to the over here.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 3: So uh, we'll be back more of the Rick burd and Your show. We also have a lot to cover today as well, so hang in there. Thank you for being with us.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: A lot of you responding to fast growing trees, and I don't blame you. You're probably like our house Sherry, and I really grew weary of her going out getting all these plants, bringing them home where they just come home to die. We don't know what we're doing. We're making it up as we go. But then when fast growing trees came into our lives, just like when they come into your lives. Game changer number one. They're going to ship them right to the door. Okay, So no going out to some nursery and dragging them around, loading them up dirty. This no, my goodness, that I don't got room for the trees and the plants that you want come right to your house. You also have access, and I think this is one of the I mean, I love the convenience, but the part I like the most about fast growing trees, I like having that expertise available to me at any time. That's the reason why they have over two million happy customers. I'll tell you that what they want is they'll find out about your where you live, the climate where you live. They want to know what's the setup. Let's talk about shade, let's talk about light, let's talk about soil, let's talk about you know how much water we get. And they have the alive and thrive guarantee that ensures your plants arrived happy and healthy. And they're there to stand with you and support you through the entire process. And we're gonna get you a deal right now. This is the best time to plant right now. So go to Fast Growing Trees dot Com. Fast Growing Trees dot Com. Use the promo code Rick at checkout Fast Growing Trees dot Com promo code Rick, and you're going to save fifteen percent. Now it's the perfect time to plant. Use Rick and save today. Offer is valid for a limited time. Terms and conditions may apply.
Speaker 1: Doing what he was for.
Speaker 3: So thanks for being with US America. A brand new show back from the Road, looking for on the YouTube channel. Some of those highlights coming up this week. Also coming up this weekend episode number two Strange Encounters, the new podcast about spiritual warfare. We record episode two today, it'll be out this weekend. Yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study archive is available today. So there it is yesterday's show on the Road. That archive is available today on our podcast channel. So a couple of things to discuss in some of these you had yesterday. We just didn't get to it, Speedy and Greg. The Menendez brothers, Oh boy, the Menendez brothers looks like they will be re sentenced and they are going to get the opportunity to have their senates changed. So let me say, if I'm right here, they're basically going what they currently are under they have no possibility of parole. Correct this, they've just added that they can be product. But now that don't mean they're going to be right. They got to go before the board and get approve, right, that's right. But they are going to get that day, Yeah, because that option was not there on the original sin. This is one closer step to some type of freedom for them if they am convinced the pro board yet. Them and Greg you have been on record the what they did and how heinous it was. Yeah, that's tough. Sorry to look about it. I know it's been a long time ago. Man, I don't know what I was thinking then. Yeah, I mean the details, especially if you go go read the details.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was talking to Hobi about this. Oh gosh, we we'll get to spend time with Hoby Yesterdears.
Speaker 3: You know why he's an expert because he went on that tour in Los Angeles where they take you by the house. Yeah, so now he's an expert.
Speaker 8: He said, standing there in front of the house and just you go, okay, so wow that was where the car was. You know it had all played out. You like to sit there there, It is right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, there's where it came out, reloaded and went back in. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't forget that, and I think that is what really, So you did, so you went out, reloaded, came back in to finish MYMF. Yeah, and that's what That's what a lot of folks, I mean, they like, Okay, well they don't need parole after that.
Speaker 3: Well, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible truth, terrible truth. They are not the only people in the world that have been mistreated by parents in some pretty bad ways, but they're in a pretty small group of people who decided to slaughter their parents right in a very very awful, evil way. Yeah, and again, and I don't know what happened, but it was never proven that their accusation gets No, that's true, actually, and that may happen. That's important though to note it's not like the things they say, and the jury didn't believe them. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was no proof of that.
Speaker 3: No, this is they There was no one ever. I'm wrong and I don't think there there's never been an investigation that substantiated their claims of the type of abuse that they were subject to at the hands of their dad. That's just what they said. I didn't know that right now. Again, it may have been, but I'm just I mean, yeah, you know, it's as Greg said, they presented that before a jury and the jury's like, yeah, so there we go. And also, we did not have this yesterday, but we do today. Pete Rose and his family repeatedly tried to get major League Baseball's all time hit king back into baseball without success. On Tuesday, Rob Manfred, the Major League Baseball Commissioner, announced anyone on Baseball's ineligible lists would be removed from the list at the time of their death. It meant that Rose's ban from baseball had been lifted, making him eligible now for Hall of Fame consideration. Ye speaking, there was a rule that once you pass on right, even if you were banned, if you have the stats that support it, you can be put in. And he definitely has the status as he was he was one of the best to play. Oh yeah. This announcement came just a little over twenty four hours after the Cincinnati Reds had hosted Pete Rose knight on celebration that was scheduled for the legend who died in September, and so his family was there and his daughter said that this was all good news for the family and that the emotion was overwhelming. So there that's a biggie right there, that's a that's a biggie. Yeah, because you know we could and I know somewhere today Bubba celebrating. Oh yes, this was a big thing for use if we if it was the Rick and Bubba days, what Bubba would say right now is you mean to tell me the Menindez brothers might get out of jail, but Pete Rose still can't get in a hold of us, right, That's exactly what he was saying. But he would be correct, he would be correct. But today we say on no, Pete Rose can now go into the Hall of Fame. Now he had to die togain in. Yeah, is that there's a side note to ittle little side note on that one. But if I mean he was guilty of breaking those rules and did and it was not paid for, it was not good.
Speaker 8: Now help me here if I'm wrong, Okay, I know y'all will uh.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 8: So Pete and the betting on baseball, that's when he was a manager, right, correct, Yes, correct? Had nothing not there's no proof for anything any allegations of when he actually was playing the game.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't think I believe you're right. It was when he was coaching, and he never At first he said he didn't bet on baseball, which he did. Then he said he didn't bet on his own team, which he did. But I think he did always bet for them to win, right, right.
Speaker 8: But if we're going off Hall of fame as a player, then no doubt he goes in and there's no betting allegation for when he was a player, only as a manager that I think.
Speaker 4: I believe all they say.
Speaker 3: And they found out he bet his player, I know he's They've came out originally charging him, and he would deny it, and then we'd find out it was true. That may have in this case, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had to google it. I didn't know anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know about Peter I'm asking.
Speaker 4: I don't know about Pete Rose. I don't know about the Banana's brothers. I did have to google it. But it says that evidence from a notebook seized from an associate of Roses found during a raid, that he made bets in nineteen eighty six, when he was still a player.
Speaker 3: For the Reds on baseball or another sport.
Speaker 4: He he bet on baseball games while he was still a player. He was just a quick google that I can find.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, if you bet on him as a manager, you probably bet on your own team. It's probably probably would to win in eighty six. Wouldn't he have been with the Phillies by them?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But it still was. It was still with the Reds and eighty center. I just googled it.
Speaker 4: I could have been wrong about everything.
Speaker 2: I just said.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's all right. It feels a little Phillies.
Speaker 10: There to me.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God bless America? This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: You got it, baby?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: So a brand new hour starting, just a couple of things from last hour. After you were correct. I didn't know this happened, that that Rose in eighty six actually went back for a short time and was player manager for the Cincinnati Reds. I don't even remember that. So I knew that sounded a little light for him to be with the Reds. But so because he went to the Phillies in seventy nine, but I guess he went back and did that in eighty six. Thanks for that update. So Pete Rose, it looks like because of his death now can be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Interesting, So that was one of the things we covered last hour. Recap a little bit from yesterday yesterday on location as well. You can go back and catch that if you missed that hour in the archives later today. A couple of hey burges. We're not going to be come to them all right now, but it's gonna interested. Hey birds, Hey burge, these are emails, and let me tell you right now, be sure you put that in the subject line so it makes them easier to find email. Kind of overloading right now. I was telling Speedy, if you're living in our world right now, we are five months into the following things, a brand new show, a brand new podcast, and a brand new book. That's it. We got a lot going on. I mean a lot going on, but it's all good stuff and if you just kind of manage it, it's fun because it's got a lot of activity going on with all of you out there too, which we're enjoying. So here we go, Hey bird, Hey bird, just from Alicia. I thought Greg could do no wrong until oh boy, oh got me started watching Thousand Pounds Sisters. I'll tell you I watched it last night, and this is the biggest train wreck. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight exclamation points. Oh yeah eight. I can't stop looking. These people are foul, crude, and everything about this is wrong. Tammy's girlfriend has the one tooth that Tammy is missing. Yes, that's a good one. I say that again. Tammy's decided she has she's gonna go. She's got a girlfriend now. Caleb died her husband, right, and uh so she's for some reason decided to get change teams. Oh my goodness, I have so many questions about these people. I don't even know where to begin. The only good thing is I will tell you this, Greg, Thank you. I feel amazing about myself. Yes, and also Amy's engaged now to guys, she's known about a month. A while. Boy, it keeps getting better. That's the one got bit by Camel. You see what you're doing to people though, green Rick, I was telling you, once you start watching, is it is? She's right, it's a trainer that's purple hair. Yeah, that's a purple one that said, somebody sent me a message about raising dogs. She kept messing. I think she's sent it. The camo cameo to you with the window down, yeah, and then would mess up and wouldn't start over just but anyway, it's uh interesting and you can't stop watching. It was hilarious, lovely couple. But Greg, is this the kind of thing? Is this the kind of thing you should be like passing along to people? No? I guess I shouldn't. It's just so funny. Wait a minute, that's her. Yeah, that's her girlfriend. That's why this person Alicia gets the great line. Tammy's girlfriend has the tooth that she's missing. Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 8: Now, and please understand when he says, oh, he's missing, this is one of the two big front teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is your big boys right out there, right there. She's lost a lot of weight though sidebar. Way, she looked used to look bump an eight hundred, right, she's down like two thirty now, good night, sidebar like a big blob though sidebar. Back to the last hour. Based on this new Major League Baseball ruling, shoeless Joe Jackson can now go in the Hall of fame as well. That's right, just felt like he got wrong. Yeah, we say it ain't so Joe, all right, Sarah Beth, Hey birdjay Bird needs some advice on Father's Day gift. Oh that's coming. I'm trying to plan early.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, did you just say her name? And I need to and I even pre read this and did it anyway? Okay, pretty bad. What's the odds of you in her family?
Speaker 3: Hear in it? We just move on. Maybe they missed the name. My dad is a longtime listener of the Rick and Bubba Show and now the new show he's listening job. I would love to get him a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. Okay, well that's well, that's pretty simple. The problem is that my brother and I both forgot to get my mom a present from Mother's Day. I don't know what you'll like. So here's the question before us, men, So do we even fool with trying to get dad a present? Or do we get mom a late present and then call it even they didn't get her any anything? Thanks so much? Love the show? Not a car? Well, you can't give dad something, You're just gonna have to not give either one of them.
Speaker 8: Right, and then just get the copy of the book signed for the dad, but don't give it to my Father's Day. Just give it to him on some obscure day of Hey, man, I know you're a fan of the show. Whatever this about Coach Burgess Rick roade it here?
Speaker 3: Hear me out? Yeah, and not have anything to do with Father's Day? What about this? You think the late Mother's Day present would just bring drama? Yeah, because I mean, you can't show up now with a Mother's Day and you think Mama will sniff. Oh, y'all did this because you want to give you day something. There's no way they make this work. Because I was I was gonna tell them to go to the store and get mama like a shirt from the show. It's too late, so leave it alone. I'm sure they won't tell.
Speaker 8: I'm sure they maybe didn't buy Mama something, but maybe they went and sower or something.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, you'd like to know more to tell something? May not care. Let me say this, Let me say something, anonymous emailer, Let me say this. We wish we knew more about Mom's Day. Did she get nothing from y'all? Because if she, if she maybe tell y'all, I don't want any or it says it said this, said this my norm. My brother and I both forgot to get Mama present for good. So if that happened. If you think you can't you can't give let me tell you something about women. They keep score. Oh yeah, and she's keeping score. Now, if you come in with Daddy with this book all excited, don't ddy, I know how much you will. Mama is going to say, well, how about that?
Speaker 1: Well, what.
Speaker 8: Female the female readers on the book, because it works for females to.
Speaker 3: No, Sherry, But I don't know if we get mom in the book.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just saying you could always get two books both signed and get it to them before Father's Day kind of in the middle and say and say, hey, I wanted to get both of you all this. But but do you if it's the same family, I mean, if it's people like their own book, I don't know. I'm just trying to come up with something.
Speaker 3: But to answer your question, working it out in my head, speedy, Sherry said she read the book and said absolutely benefited from it and uh and so yeah, but I don't think you want to make that a late Mother's Day gift. Now, I will say, much as I want to think the book would be great, I don't think it's a good Mother's Day gift. Unfortunately, you got to give the and just get it away from Father's Day.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, for this scenario, they ruin Mother's Day because they didn't get mommything. It's only you've ruined Father's Day because you read the name of a person region. So now they're both ruined. Yes, yeah, that's good right, So that's so, so we're really done with this. Our work is done here. Yeah, our damages. I think this is the best scenario.
Speaker 3: Adlert. We haven't heard from you yet. I think you you either get Mama something and give Dad something and Mom and say, Mom, I know we forgot Mother's Day. Want to be sure you got something, or you do not do it at all and you just give it to Dad like you said on some random day. Yeah, you either got to bring Mama something or you got to just not do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but since you read the name, now Mom and Dad are listening and they know everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rick with Father's Day, you know, coming up here, it's almost like you do not do nothing for Father's day also, and then mom won't feel bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I said. That's it. We ask where we live. You've upset both your parents and they both feel left out. Yeah, well at least they're left out together. Yes, is that what we're saying?
Speaker 4: They're a team. No, I think you. I think you can make up for it. And it's not gonna be like you had a present on Mother's Day. But I do think you can make up for it.
Speaker 3: Amit?
Speaker 4: You messed up and say I love you, mama.
Speaker 3: And maybe throw a Rick Bird you show shirt. Yeah, that way, every we are all. We have a show theme weekend. So of course I missed the whole thing, the whole thing up, the whole thing up. It didn't really matter. You've already messed it up. Yep, I'm sorry about that, Anonymous emailer. We have other hay Birds us today. We'll drop them in later we come back, we'll talk to America. Unscreen phone calls. Oh white eight eight six, big box, let's chat with you next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Cool? No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six Dating talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go, America unscreenphone calls a lot to comment on them, from yesterday's show on location to stories we've already done today or whatever's on your mind. We go rapid fire at eight eight eight six big Box as the Great Ken Osborne just told you. Doll us up now and we'll start rolling through them. You're gonna hear ringing because it is unscreenphone calls. We just screen them on the flop, So fire up and we'll be with you shortly. Fatty fifteen dot com slash big Box verge. What in the world is fatty fifteen? Okay, that's a good question. I mean fatty fifteen. We're talking about your health at a cellular level. Okay, we're talking about a little something called C fifteen. Rick, What is C fifteen. Well, it is one of the most sought after fatty acids that's good for the body. Remember there are some fats that are good for the body, but then trying to figure that out in your diet can be difficult. So CE fifteen is the most sought after. You just take one a day. It's strengthened cells, vastly improves your longevity, slows the biological aging process at a cellular level. So if you want to read the whole story and find out more, you go to Fatty fifteen at dot com, slash big vox, or use the link at rickburgershow dot com. Under sponsors to the phones we go. No, boy, if you start dialing now, it'll be your opportunity. Let's get started. Unscreenedphone calls eight eight eight six Big Vox. Hello, You're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreenedphone calls. Come on with it. Rick is Hambone. What's up, a buddy?
Speaker 12: I am good saying yesterday. We're gonna we started a new segment on Tuesday called tann and Bad Talks. I'm back at it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a question? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Hey, So look, uh, y'all, y'all see things different as media personality, but as fans. I'm gonna get my assessment on the on the term yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, alright, bo Jackson.
Speaker 12: Doesn't like to interact with the crowd.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 12: Uh. Barkley is just a he's he's he's a he's a jay. When it comes to uh trying to get over to meet people or even say hey to us. Uh A good way to start a conversation to get Nick Shaving to laugh and give him, give him a war eagle, and they tell him you still respect him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: Rally Green he brings the girl, that's for sure. So if you if you, if you're a young man, a single and you're looking for a female, go follow Rally Green. You got all the ladies you walk.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 12: John Daly is a rage John Daly is a raging alcoholic and do what he wants. That means driving on the tea boxes, anything everything, yep. But outside of that, guys, hey, gee, Holling will put on an outstanding event, very very awesome. Those first time I've ever been, great time. You know, it was the pros are awesome to talk to. You know, Kirby smart. He don't want to interact with nobody until he gets a few jack and cokes hitting.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 12: But hey, guys, hereous.
Speaker 3: It was a good time.
Speaker 12: Like I said, I wish I could have hung out no more, but you know, I kind of wanted to get going and speedy. He did a good job. So congrats on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, we're gonna ask me how he he played. Later in the day, Old Calvin had a long day, so.
Speaker 8: You mean to tell me all this breakdown came from a Tanning Badges And yeah, he was in the I think he was laying.
Speaker 3: About to get it. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, good morning.
Speaker 13: I just want to tell you guys, you did an awesome job yesterday. Thank you, absolutely amazing. The interviews were so good. Did you guys see Lulu, you know the girls who lost the arm and leg?
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 13: We didn't hear that. Yeah, you know, I was working part of it, so I didn't hear everything. But no, it was amazing and I just want to compliment you guys. You know, one of the best shows I've heard.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you? What we we? Actually? Yeah, it was after the show was over and I saw Jeane Hollman and I was thanking him, you know, for the invite and all that, and I saw her in there and he said, have you ever met her before? Now those of you around the country and may not know, this is a young lady that was attacked by a shark uh and actually lost two limbs.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so she's been so inspiring, an incredible story. Uh So, yeah, we did get to meet her. Remember right before we left and we were in there, of course, no surprise there grabbing a little more food before we left. Sure, and you know, she's what an inspiration, what a what a class classy young lady, and was out there playing golf with the you know, the new leg and new new arm. And it has kept such an incredible attitude when it would have been easy, you know, to be poor, poor, pitiful me. Boy, she has not done anything. No, and really really was a pleasure to meet her. And you know, looking back home and was like, you know, I guess I should have put her on the line up for you all to interview her on the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I saw her walking up late. I think we had like four minutes left in the show. But but but you know what I thought just didn't work out. I'm not sure she's right for this show. I mean, she seems so nice, so, you know, and you bring her over into all what was going on over there, she's sitting there trying to tell us about the shark attack and also right in the middle of the most intense moment.
Speaker 3: Hey, Robert, Yeah, you know you wouldn't want something like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that that is a that you just don't want that, but now you know, hearing her talk about perseverance and overcoming, being stronger and all that, that had been a great.
Speaker 3: Talk until you know somebody, Hey, Robert, you know we had to get him away.
Speaker 8: Speaking of that, I sent Adler a pitch of Robert and Gary shaking hands and embracing each other. Uh, And so we can break that down for those of you that everybody's like, what did Robert look like?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 3: It is, there, it is. There's the encounter. But but there was an awkward moment where Greg and I. I don't think Robert knew who Gary was. No, no, I don't. They ain't seen each other a long time. But do you remember that, Robert? Yeah, but yeah, I had Gary. Gary had to introduced it though, Did I hear it right?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: I heard Gary introducing himself because Gary's mike was still on and we were trying to have a show. We didn't. We didn't just get hey Robert. We got Robert walking over and Gary talking to Robert and them catching up. Yeah, Robert did recognize him. All this on the air. Yeah, so all of it. Well, I mean I saw Robert. I wanted to let you say to him, why you could have done that in the commercial. Bran, Hey, Robert, I mean, so imagine Lulu telling the story and something like that happened. Oh yeah, I had to get him away so far away. We can't trust the story that delicate with with Gary.
Speaker 8: You know Rick, Greg and Gary are a little bit alike when when they have something on their mind, it just it just comes out. And we all go back to the good Night Look at that Greg and Hemsey was talking and he just burst out with that jazz Bino's on the screen.
Speaker 3: And you couldn't help it. You were like, all good night and Hemsy was in the middle of talking.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like yesterday you went to her talking and he sees him and he's like, hey, Roight, he's just gotta say it. He's missus Robert. And then another thing is Ron walks on by and if you don't say that about Chaz, she's off the screen.
Speaker 3: We don't know. Yeah, I was just looking at that and just right everything just kind of started talking out loud. Well, and then text Nation is Sandy. You also got to consider do you want to be in that interview? And also Charles Barkley just comes over and put you in the headlocks, just down starts talking, which is what he did yesterday.
Speaker 8: Which that was the plan, was that they were always going to be together because they played together and they needed to have that time. It's just Charles was coming from the range where he would is the driving range and said, we're trying to get him up the hill, and Saban was getting out of his car trying to get to us from the parking lot. Sabin beat him, And it was always that Charles was going to be with him. He was just late getting there.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, Charles rode through, you know twice. There was a time he finally sat down. He rode through earlier again. Yeah, who was talking to Tuberville, wasn't it? Yeah? Yeah, he was going down to the range.
Speaker 8: And then King came and disruptedly came in and changed. He was in shorts and a T shirt. They had been traveling to get there.
Speaker 3: I would like to say, too, never has this ever happened, And all the years of Saban appearing on the show, on the Rick and Bubbas Show, this had never happened. Saban worked his way back to me and shook my hand before he left. I'd already I'd already just when he's going, he's going, yeah, I'd already disengage. He worked back through, had to move around somebody and shake my hand and cut up with me a little bit, him and Jamie did.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Feels good right now, doesn't it. I mean, just on the show, just on the show today, we're giving some good news things going on in our country, and it feels like, if you're a conservative right now, we have the upper hand. But if you think the left is just going to go away, then you're extremely naive. The fight is not over. It's not even close to being over. And now you know Blaze TV more than ever. There's a world out there, I mean full of noise, misinformation, false narratives, and Blaze TV really gives some clarity to that. It is investigative journalism, something that's missing now. Yes, it's documentaries that shed light on the deep state. When you subscribe to Blaze TV and you can access this content on any device, you're not just watching the content though, you're supporting a movement. You're backing creators who think for themselves, speak boldly, refuse to be silenced by big tech and corporate media. You're supporting you know, the things that are now missing in true journalism. Everything the networks won't do, you know, Blaze TV will do, delivered on your terms at you know, any time of the day, on any device. So go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick. We have content there too, BlazeTV dot com slash Rick. Subscribe today and we're gonna save you twenty bucks off the annual plan BlazeTV dot com slash Rick twenty dollars off the annual plan. Blaze TV Unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand.
Speaker 1: In a world that has gone nuts, they are here to well to point it ups the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's crazy, all right, So we're back. Thank you for being with US America Active Active Actives. A lot going on in the old world of the Rick Burgess Show. Speedy, Greg and Adler all hanging out back in the comforts of the Big Boys studio from the chaos that is A show on the road Yesterday Audio Archava Yesterday is available, that's on our podcast channel. YouTube highlights are coming. The big interviews will be on the YouTube channel. Adler working on those now and we're hoping that all the equipment holds together and a couple of things to cover out of the music world. Let's do this one first, because I think the second one we're going to land a little. This has been out there a couple of days and we've seen it, but we've just been so busy we haven't mentioned it been probably Adler's upset with us that we haven't mentioned this Metallica causes earthquake from Enter Sandman performance at Virginia Beach, Adler or have you been following this? Yes, they played so powerfully that it the Geiger Counter registered the sound.
Speaker 4: Well, so this is at Virginia Tech Lane Stadium.
Speaker 12: And the.
Speaker 4: The the Hokies come out to.
Speaker 3: I knew that you.
Speaker 4: So everybody's ready for it. Everybody knows the beat, and everybody knows how to jump on the beat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I will say this, if I could be dropped into the stadium, not I have to get there, but just somebody dropped me in this atmosphere right here, I'd like to do that. And then so then like the drone picked me up and take me back out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just the whole stadium's jumping.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, so there you go by jumping with.
Speaker 4: Her hand Uh yeah, man, good time.
Speaker 3: And and they said they caused a minor earthquake. Yeah, well you put that on your resume. It's a yes. Didn't this happen in l s U one time?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh, Seattle Seahawks they've done it too, Like people are so crazy, so loud, so raucous that it registers on a Geiger counter or whatever that's called.
Speaker 3: Micro seismic event. I actually saw them at the Brave Stadium and when they did inner saying, man, I don't know how much that holds forty thousand whatever, the entire place was singing it's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seism that's radiation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's radiation. Yeah, we just do that. The first thing we could think of. Yeah, it's just hey Robert Robert movie.
Speaker 8: But have y'all seen stuff like that highlights and you go the effort to get there, you know, it's just not there, but being there would have been cool.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually drove to Nashville on Saturday for the Metallica show the Richter Scales.
Speaker 3: Richterre looking for Rick, Thank you text Nation hold on wait a minute of.
Speaker 4: Third on the third of this month. What now on the third of this month.
Speaker 8: We're just learning about this now. It's the fifteenth if you're listening live. And on the third you went to Metallica on an ask ask me where did they play.
Speaker 4: Nashville Nissan Stadium, And they did a double header. I think it was Thursday night they did a show and then Saturday night the show, and I caught the Saturday night show which did feature Enter Sandman.
Speaker 3: And it was awesome because on this way they do it now and I'm sure it still was. They won't play the same set nights, so you may get Inner sand Man or you may not. Yes, well, look at me, I know some Metallica set list, so.
Speaker 4: You might not get Master of Puppets, but you might get one, which is exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so would you rather have inter Sandman?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I caught the better night?
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Thursday night show was great.
Speaker 3: Because everybody's screaming it what hurt?
Speaker 4: What really hurt was the Thursday night show. Pantera opened for Metallica there and I wanted to I want I wanted to see that Saturday night. You know who opened for Metallica, Limp Biscuit, What, Yes, I have seen Limp Biscuit and concert that's not a brag.
Speaker 3: That's not a brad.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's terrible, terrible, was it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: It's just one of those give me a break. Oh my goodness, they look good too. Goodness, gracious, they look like they're a thousand weirds.
Speaker 3: The weird guitar player that dresses up, Yeah, West Boreland, that's weird.
Speaker 4: He was in a not a Mariachi. Uh the uh you know, the Mexican dia delosal skeleton. Skeleton looked but the head was as big as like a beach ball.
Speaker 3: And the rest of the.
Speaker 4: Dudes just look like normal sixty year olds, not gat y'all look great compared to Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And that was so that was that was odd. It was during the day during Limp Biscuit show, and it was just bad on all counts.
Speaker 3: I know everything about this woman's husband without ever meeting him from the text nation. My husband walked into our wedding to enter scendman.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great, that's great, I thought, I thought.
Speaker 3: Character of course I walked into free bird. Yeah, you thought that was bad. It was, which was kind of imagine that we just found that the of a wedding. I drove would you buy yourself?
Speaker 4: Don't me and my buddy Randy, And then like further further me.
Speaker 3: And my buddy. We've got no band, Randy.
Speaker 4: But see we had I guess it was like six guys on on the on our row. It was you get to take the van and you were like the man I was the man bark was tough. Uh so uh we were. We had a place to stay. It was like one and a half miles from the stadiums and.
Speaker 3: We just walked.
Speaker 4: Who cares awesome, Yeah, yeah, no problem. Yeah, okay, I did sleep in the van. It was great.
Speaker 3: Did you Randy leep in there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they got b b What is this thing where you won't stay well that even at camp hous you wouldn't stay in the camp house. I mean, why do you think you have to sleep in your van there?
Speaker 4: I got sleep the best in there. I don't have to deal with y'all snoring, nobody getting up. I'm in a I'm in a glass case of emotion or of slumber. Slumber.
Speaker 3: He goes out there, so we'll get pummeled with all the with all the rega Maroa. Just don't even try. If you can't word out of your choices.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I mean, do you realize the reason you go on these trips is to hang out and be part of you know, the guys.
Speaker 3: It fell and you're like, all right, man, y'all go do your thing. I'm going to the van. I'm weird, you know what.
Speaker 4: You know what, I was able to go to sleep whenever when I want to, when I wanted to.
Speaker 3: You did that because you thought you were going to get rass and when there's some hazing, gunna take no. I know why I did it.
Speaker 8: I know I did it because he didn't want to chip in on the Airbnb.
Speaker 4: I paid Actually I paid more than most people for the Airbnb because I'm a nice guy. Because the one guy dropped out and the dude that booked the airbnb was eating the difference, and I found out about it, and I was like, hey, buddy, here's some more money. So you found out about it, Yeah, I found out.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Great, But at camp house he went to that van that so wouldn't be. It would be because he didn't and it was cold.
Speaker 4: You're worried about that was awesome.
Speaker 3: You're worried about Greg.
Speaker 4: I mean if if during my sleep. Everything is off everything, everything is on yourself.
Speaker 3: You know what he was worried about. He was worried about his tuckety and man so tid he couldn't get out.
Speaker 4: He's a light sleeper. Frankly, I'm a very light sleeper.
Speaker 3: I'm a very like So you were.
Speaker 1: Off the.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: So next music story is going to I don't even know what to do with this. I really don't. This is a mistake and it's a scourge on music. Oh wow. Willie Nelson joins Steve Perry for an updated version of Faithfully. Now this may shock you what I'm about to say. Willie Nelson does it is not the one who ruins it. Steve Perry sounds terrible. Steve has a reason that you're no longer performing. He sounds terrible. Willie Nelson, you know you can. It's basically the way Willy sings every song. He's talking, and that's what you're gonna hear. Can we are we going to get the archive canceled? The tubers can't take two days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll play a quick snippet of Willie then we'll.
Speaker 8: I don't know if this helps you hear. Proceeds from the single will be donated to Farm Aid. It doesn't and Dark House Records has put it out. But this is the official video of Faithful for Faithfully Steve Perry, Willie Nelson, will.
Speaker 3: Right, will run.
Speaker 4: And is Nina Son no.
Speaker 1: Wheels and round You're on.
Speaker 3: My This is the thing that bothers me. Really can't breathe good anymore, and it bothers me when you it's like a hundred have you heard lately? Have you heard this? I heard him singing lately, but I heard him.
Speaker 6: Yes, say the road is no place just start a family right down the lives in me?
Speaker 3: What are we doing? Can I ask y'all questions? Family? I think what makes us be? Think of it?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: It sound even worse as you remember when he was on it because he was in a place. I mean he could he was he could sing like I saw a live concert that replayed the other night from eighty one, and he was phenomenal. If you went to a ball game right now and somebody brought in a play a player, but you would you yeah, because there's some that greg you You told me yourself that Tommy Shaw sings as good as he ever does, and a lot of singers sing as good as they ever have. Why can't Steve on behalf.
Speaker 8: Of everybody out there that is not up to date on artists and and all that. I'm just going to ask the questions, Steve Perry, you have throat cans?
Speaker 3: What what? What did he have? What's wrong his throat? He's seventy six, nothing, nothing at all.
Speaker 8: I thought he lost his voice? And am I thinking of somebody else? I think he went through well, I thought Steve Perry went through some vocals API it sometime he may have.
Speaker 3: He may have. I know he obviously, and he's even admitted this. He he can't go where he used to could go.
Speaker 8: Okay, seventy seventy six. So you have Willie Nelson, you have his style, which he and that's just Willy.
Speaker 4: Death.
Speaker 8: So they obviously came together for charity and to redo something. Does that help it all?
Speaker 3: It doesn't doesn't because you don't tamper with memories. So you will give the Barry any things like that. He's seventy six.
Speaker 4: Here's the forest.
Speaker 3: But I mean Will's in his eighties. He's ninety ninety two.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's gonna say for every uh, it's not good.
Speaker 1: I'm for eight full.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, somebody said, you're right. Tubers are saying, Rick, Rick, you're experiencing second hand embarrassment. We can see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what No play man, he's too slow.
Speaker 4: They slowed it down too much. It sounds too sad am.
Speaker 3: I thinking, Steven, it might be right, Yeah, I thought, I thought, No, this is Speedy trying to help his second hand embarrassment. He's won't there to be some of the the Asian that's this delete singer now Boston, that's not.
Speaker 1: Bos He is the Rick Burgess Show, The man who loves for a national holiday in honor of whoever the person was who invetted air conditioning week, bitches.
Speaker 3: Absolutely long overdue. Okay, so sorry what we just did with faithfully seventy six year old Steve Perry teaming up with ninety two year old Willie Nelson. Somehow Speedy's trying to make it okay because they're doing it for farmers. I'm just trying to find something man. And of course people are saying they locked hear Gary se Gary sing faithfully?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm you know, it's something I'm saying out to little Gwen. Yeah, he sings love songs high way and to them mean and then where's ground and around on the bush un bushaw. Y'all a right that Willie's not surprised because that's his style. You know what you getting? Oh yeah, will sounded like that.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's just that's it, and that's what you love about him if you love it. Hey, poor Steve, he was I was giving him. I thought he had thrown out hor You tried. That's just you speak, that's your heart. You try so hard to help people. You really, in a way tried to rescue Steve Perry just and you talk like.
Speaker 3: I said that concert, somebody else weighed in on it from eighty one phenomenal o. His voice was uncredible. So you should y'all say, hey, it's over. Just just let it lie and don't do it with the memories. Okay. You know there's people like losing their minds right now. Why would you do that? I mean, so he didn't need to try to have an album. I think we talked about a few years back. Yeah, I think he did it.
Speaker 8: He did a holiday album, right, I think that was. I think that was down in the story that that we have that he teamed up I forget, But.
Speaker 3: Would you be interested to know that my wife cannot stand the song O Sherry. It's a good song, she can't stand. I bet because you probably you should imagine being in high school trying to go down the hall and everybody spread. I can see that. Yeah, but yeah, that's a pretty good song. Now Sherry by the Four Seasons she likes, but she does not like Oh Sherry by Steve Heir. I guess if people are yelling at you constant, you get tired of it. Of course, you know what happened after you told me that you started singing it right from from what I would do is just wait, because you know how hard, how hard he comes in the beginning.
Speaker 11: What is.
Speaker 3: She just hates?
Speaker 8: Okay, so I miss I missread. It wasn't a holiday album. Maybe something else that was in there? Were you quit trying to save Steve?
Speaker 3: Period, You haven't got one right, you just stop it.
Speaker 8: Willie Nelson announced the date and line up for this year's Farm aid Uh with co founders Neil Young and John farm Maide still goes on. Yeah, it's gonna be September twentieth and many Apolis. It's got Dave Matthews, Steve tim Reynolds.
Speaker 3: City When did you become this big farm make guy?
Speaker 8: It's in the story, and John Cougar Mellen camp No, it's in the story and proceeds from that single. We played ghost to farm Aid and that's that brings it all up.
Speaker 3: Hope they're not banking on a lot.
Speaker 4: By the way, that Ferry did do Christmas by the way, Oh he did, Okay, so take that.
Speaker 3: Did hear an interview with him though? And as far as like the new guy, he's really nice about all of its New guy what he knew anymore? The new singer journey, it's been with him, how long he's been a while? We called the new guy okay, but he was really you know, good about him and Steve, I mean he's Steve, Yeah, a little class but is Steve Steve is nice about him? Yes, and he's he nice about Stevey Okay. So that's just good speeds help.
Speaker 8: So Steve Perry's cover of Faithfully is his first release since the latest expanded update of twenty twenty one is the Season arrived last November twenty eight cover of Have Yourself a Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: That's what I think he cut a record. It was further back than that. I don't know, said, gracious.
Speaker 8: Do you know that Willie Nelson has released more than one hundred studio album.
Speaker 3: Well, you're ninety two.
Speaker 4: He's one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: He's ninety two years old.
Speaker 4: My goodness, I'm sorry. Harnell Pinetta replaced Steve Perry in two thousand and seven. Wow, so he's almost twenty years in the band.
Speaker 3: Technically though, he replaced the guy that replaced it. Here we go, so there was another one before him, sorry, Adler.
Speaker 8: Greg Can overlooked that they ranked Steve Perry's albums. Do you all well know what number one is?
Speaker 3: Journey? Steve beright, it's Escape. It is number one, number two, Greg, What did you get that?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Escape?
Speaker 8: So you're right again, right again. Let's see if he gets the top three. Number two Frontiers. No, and this isn't just Journey, it could be a Steve Perry thing too, raised on radio. No, So so it's his number two street talk really really, that's impressed. Number three, let me think it's back to Journey, just to give you a frontier.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, it ain't frontier, raised on radio, that's it. Yeah, I didn't like what not that much. That's when anything when he brought Randy Jackson and all them in, Yeah, you didn't like that, not really?
Speaker 8: Stone in Love, you don't want Stoney Love's on escape, guys. I'm sorry. Frontiers is all the way at number seven. I can't believe that that's what faithful.
Speaker 3: Evolution number six? Uh? Traces five quit from just number four. He's reading text from Hope.
Speaker 8: This is all the Ultimate Classic Rock dot Com did a story on it.
Speaker 4: Is that sales or just reviewed like ratings?
Speaker 8: It says ranking every Steve Perry album, original album, best Show, ok, blah blah blah. It doesn't say alert, just says they ranked them.
Speaker 3: Do you ever invented? He's the first one when Steve Perry was the because he shared with with Greg what's his name? Greg Raley? Did you Adam? Did you like Journey?
Speaker 11: Love?
Speaker 4: Journey Love?
Speaker 3: Journey? Okay? Do you love?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Journey Great?
Speaker 3: The early eighties, they ruled favorite Journey song Adler Uh.
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean you've got don't stop Believing.
Speaker 3: No see, and you just went right there. We're all tired of that.
Speaker 4: One, and I'm tired of it, are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I don't listen to the whost song. But if that intro intro comes on, I'll go all the way through the first verse. Yeah, I can say, and then I'm out.
Speaker 4: Then the baseline on don't Soup is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta see.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite part of that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a stone and love guy. I think it's overlooking a great song. Top of the Hour. Learn a lot from you guys. Better voice Mickey Thomas or Steve Perry from the text Nation. Oh that's that's a toe that that boy, that's a neck to neck there. Yea, both of them are in that area. Many people aren't. The Top of the Hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 3: You know what we say, Assi, you gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: And we're back, and boy do we have a lot going on, a lot of irons in the fire, just like we like it. It's right there on the edge. The gangs all here for a brand new hour. Speedy, Greg and Adler back from a long, long day yesterday. And of course we'll give you some updates. We've already done that, but we'll continue to do that as the show goes on. So let's let me update you on a few things. Okay, yesterday's show on the Road. The audio archive is available on the Rick Burgess Show podcast channel. Yesterday's Wednesday Bible study is available on the podcast channel. It is also available on the YouTube channel. The big interviews and big moments from yesterday's show on the Road will be coming to the YouTube channel. Adler is editing and putting all that together. Now. We had a bit of a technical breakdown yesterday put us a little bit behind, but you'll see those things make their way to the YouTube channel as well. Also some other items. Episode two of Strange Encounters, the brand new podcast about spiritual warfare. Thank you for all your feedback on that. It will be moving into all the different platforms where you get podcasts coming up this weekend. Blaze TV subscribers always get get a shot at it first and then it will be out wherever you get podcast in on our YouTube channel and podcast channel. Two, that'll be episode two of that new series, Tales from the Camp House. The Burgess Bass Battle is coming your way Memorial Day weekend to the YouTube channel, so be paying attention for that, and and then we continue to also update you on the new book that's been released, Men Don't Run in the Rain. We just got some really good news by the way on that. Uh we so it was just sent to me by the publisher. Uh and we were all kind of looking at that going wow. So that's that's great.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Amazon just put out the Hot New Release category.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: These are the best selling new and books that have been released in the in the faith category. Uh and men Don't Run in the Rain is currently sitting at number one. Let's go so thank you, wow, thank you very much. That's awesome. So if you want a sign copy, use the links that we have on Rick Burgess Show dot com, uh, Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com. That those are the only places that you can get signed copies if you If you're not concerned about that, then as you just saw the it's available wherever you get books, and we'll continue to come. We're gonna you know, audio platforms have it. More audio platforms will have it. Uh it's out there in ebooks and all of that. And we found out yesterday that uh, the major distributors are now interested. So it'll be coming soon to retail outlets as well, So we'll keep you updated on that as it goes. But thank you for the early feedback we're already getting.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Speaking of yesterday, the the Long Long Show, the Long Long Day started early from when Calvin Speedy Wilburn, Uh, you know, the entire the entire staff looked, look a little peak, looked a little peakd uh, and we as we were all leaving, it hit us. And now here's the good news. You had two of your sons with you. Yeah, that was really the main thing. That's the good news. Yeah, because we decided which was the right thing for the show. You know, sometimes you have to say anything for the show, even if it hurts you a little, even if it makes your day a little more difficult, and it was the right thing. Speedy did not tea off during the early morning flights. He waited in, teed off, and Sweet Home, Alabama started geting a little warm yesterday, Sweet Home, Alabama got a little warm. Son came out a little bit hot, got a little high there, and Calvin Speedy Wilburn teed off at one forty local time. And when I got down to the end of my day, I did text and say I know the others have forgotten about you, but I haven't. I appreciated that, and I wondered if you were still playing. I think you had three holes to go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I think that's right. We were and it was on the backstret It was post six pm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that hurt god, But yeah, that was That was tough. So basically your day yesterday was play golf, go home, go to bed, play no, play golf, go home, go yes, yes, yes, I went home and and uh I took a shower and literally went to bed. That was the day.
Speaker 8: Can we ask how you played? Yeah, I think I think it was. Now who needs hecklers when you have two of your sons?
Speaker 13: Will you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 8: We missed Reese yesterday, but Tyler and j C were able to be with me. They were texting a little bit. We have the little family group chat and they were having a good old time with me. I'm like, why don't you record my good swings? You know why just the bad ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: At one time they made me take a picture in front of some a body of water and they said Dad's home, you know, like I hit it and hit.
Speaker 4: It in the water one time.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 8: But they were having a great time and it was really awesome being able to see them and hang out with them because they don't get to do that much. This is This is a shot of the range that Les Bradford with ironheel press and was able to take good.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, but any legs a little skinny, but your form is great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that was one line that Jac had with when Hoby was texting with us.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: He said, hey, y'all should have worn shorts. And Jc's line says, no worries.
Speaker 3: Uh, what was it?
Speaker 8: Those pants have have a lot of air coming through with those little legs, you know, like I had a lot of breeze coming through.
Speaker 3: Well, your legs don't exactly fill up those pants.
Speaker 8: Now, guys, they're just pants and I've just got legs. I don't know what to do, right, you know, I just don't underestimate these legs.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 8: And but no, we had a blast. It was a little little late tea and off because everybody's behind. I think a round of golfer you golfers out there. I think we were close to six hours and that's a. I mean some people could play, you know, thirty six holes in that amount of time. And the reason why is and I get it. I get it, And it might still be this way today when the actual tournament starts. Uh, it was car it was cart path only, but our area has had so much rain inches of rain, and there were some holes where it was lift clean in place. Maybe your your your ball was in a puddle of water. I mean, the the fairways were so wet that the carts had to stay on the cart path. So every time you were over here, you had to get your yardage, get your clubs, and it's just so that takes more time, and so everything kind of got backed up, and JC and and Tyler helped the whole group actually on getting some yardage.
Speaker 3: But it was cool, man, We had a great time. The pro was Chad Campbell.
Speaker 8: He's only fifty so he's just now on the Champions Tour and his uh, you know, anytime you got a caddy named Hoss then and they could not have been more nice. And got to meet Chad and he's got he's got multiple boy he's an all boy family too, so he was having fun with Tyler and Jason and we were hamming it up and had a good time. We met on Whole thirteen the guest, uh we had we had a celebrity tee off guy and it was Zack Holton. Now, Zack Holton is number five in the world for long drivers. He is from the Birmingham market. He went to Oak Mountain High School and and then he started a professional career.
Speaker 3: A professional what a professional career? I didn't know there was a professional I'm a gun.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Zach, sorry, Judge, and he is a Now this is as he's a world long driver and uh number five, number five, number five in the world and though not not like not in Alabama, not in the States, but in the world, number five.
Speaker 3: And on his big moment, you do that, hey, Robert, And I'm just stupid. I remember yesterday when he claik Greg he was just done with talking his U Yeah, I said what he called and Drew got Robert Drew. Yeah, we still don't know what that was. There wasn't a person named Drew within fifty miles of that place, not Queer Golf.
Speaker 8: Sorry about that, okay, So uh anyway, so then so he hit he Drew, he drove the ball three hundred and seventy eight. Wow, that's legit. And that's in on a wet we Uh that's on a wet course too, which.
Speaker 3: Got no role. So what speed? He said? I didn't I think that was this is?
Speaker 8: Could I show you Zach tea and off for the Yeah, Zach, Zach, I'm sorry, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: His dad too, And that was a misspeak. No he no, that's what you didn't miss. You miss that.
Speaker 8: He just stayed on thirteen and he would tee all for you and you could you could use his drive if you wanted to. Really, And so this is a par five, got what by the way, on a par five? He hit it so far we were one hundred and fifty out on the second shot. But it's a it's a slight dog leg left and this is his drive here. Now I don't think it has any audio, but it has a tracker on it where you can hear it. So he sets up and uh, he's kind of getting dialed in here and uh, and this thing is about to literally go into the sky and Harley, I don't know if it ever comes down.
Speaker 3: Uh like I hit that, Yeah it did.
Speaker 8: It comes down at some point and I think he I think there were a total of fifty six groups, so he had to do that fifty six times.
Speaker 3: Wow, I like know as long as it was. I don't know. I don't know, but I don't want you to tell me.
Speaker 5: What is?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 8: The World long drive number five in the world ranking professional long drivers.
Speaker 5: What it is?
Speaker 4: It's quite a career, Yeah, it is, it is.
Speaker 12: Boy.
Speaker 3: It didn't even get to some other stuff because I stumbled. So, I mean, what an idiot?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how to any how that even came out? Why did you start to have time? How did I get to to even close to saying that? What was I trying to say?
Speaker 1: Career was The Rick Burgess Show. America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the air The Rick Burgis Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, America, Thank you for being Thank you for being with us on another edition of the show. From the text Nation. I live for speedy misquotes. What do you say this time? And so gosh you naughty man, Hey Drew, I joke. I hate that. I was just spit out my coffee. Thanks. Yeah, everybody is having uh serious kid, That's when these are the best ones is when he's trying to be serious telling something that right there, right well, yeah, yeah, serious boy, I'm I'm getting this getting the facts out there, and I'm getting it right Greg, and he gets he is. He's in his voice where he's thinking, this is this moment that this dad and this kid has been waiting on. I'm gonna'm gonna acknowledge this guy on the show. And I'm hey, give me a moment, give me a moment. They're all people are, people are texting turn it out, turned up. They're talking about Zach. Turn it up, turn it up. They're talking about Zach. Didn't you He has another person he wants to say he enjoyed, He enjoyed that he's afraid to do. But you want to just let me not.
Speaker 8: I almost said, I almost texted the group last last night, and I said tomorrow might be a number of misspeaks.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how I got that out. I have no idea. Greg said, a moment ago, we were we were all going and get something to eat in the getting a breakfast down and Greg said he would like to study Speedy's mind. Yeah, and like yesterday to see how he turned Robert into Drew, where it was headed, and what it ended up and how it came At least this one. You could see where he missed the word up. There wasn't one mention of any human named Drew here in the broadcast. And suddenly he called round. Yeah, and sadly, I didn't mean to do that. That was funny. He was trying to tell a little funny story with it. We were all looking at it and we didn't know I missed something, and some funny Drew guy came by. I guess. Yeah, By the way, we have a recap.
Speaker 6: What just no?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think we need to say it again because now Zach Zach's gonna be getting text messages speedy cold.
Speaker 3: You will know.
Speaker 8: And I didn't mean to Zach, you didn't. But boy, come about Zach Holton, fifth ranked world.
Speaker 3: He's fifth. He's a long driver, fifth ranked in the world.
Speaker 8: You're going to say all that in the rear his longest drive it was four hundred and seventy three yards.
Speaker 4: Let's just hear you say it again, all right, So here's the replay.
Speaker 8: Sorry, sebry Te off guy, and it was Zack Holton. Now, Zach Holton is number five in the world for long driver. He is from the Birmingham market. He went to Oak Mountain High School here myself, and and then he started a professional queer.
Speaker 3: Uh. I hate, I hate that.
Speaker 5: He was this.
Speaker 8: This would be first hand embarrassment, because I guess you can't get second hand on yourself.
Speaker 3: Hand Greg. Right now, there's nobody out there more terrified than the guy that runs tack Omama.
Speaker 8: Speaking of don't mention speaking of Roberts Robert Rodriguez. I rode with him yesterday, This poor man, I wrote, I rode with mister Robert yesterday. Robert Rodriguez, and who runs all the taco mamas. I love taco And he was he couldn't have been more nice. We got we got one right across the street from the studio. Yeah, I'm in there all the time.
Speaker 3: You kidding me? Uh?
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 8: Uh, he was a pleasure man. We had a good time riding together.
Speaker 3: And he's a nervous man.
Speaker 8: I apologize, Zack Holton, Zach Holton, thank.
Speaker 3: You when he was giving that. He's in the world from the area, from the area. Don't like anybody in here right now, And it's because of myself and what makes it even more impressive. You believe that starting he's dead. Yeah, he had a blue caddy hat on yesterday. Well you please me show them in there and embarrass them to everybody here encounter speed you right now was going, please hope it didn't bring me up. Yeah, don't bring me up. Don't all right? So and uh the mayor of Hoover, Uh, bring him in there.
Speaker 8: He was there, he had Uh, he had done our show, left and opened up a Trader Joe's and had another meeting and then come back and teed off and played eighteen holes.
Speaker 3: He was a pleasure. He'd already been through enough. Once Gary said that it thought he was Paul fine Baum. Yeah, yeah, but didn't say fine Bomber. Right, So wow, there you go. Okay, there it is.
Speaker 8: Uh, and so I apologize Zach up, Zach Holton. You realized how long that family's been Like you know, Zach, you're known for that.
Speaker 3: Now he turn it up and don't text giving Zach and burn it up. Just called you a No, it was a misspeak. It was a misspeak. But now have you ever you remember being a young male that age and your friends something like that? I having somebody in this room.
Speaker 8: He graduated. He's Tyler's age. He graduated in twenty fifteen. Uh from Oak Mountain High School.
Speaker 3: And be sure to make it real specific.
Speaker 8: So what I'm saying is he's real young too, So it's yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Years old. Will you please tell show Hunt Jack what kind of clubs you use? He's texting it golf. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm titless through and through. I switched over when you know not everything's about it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I worked for free mill to talk Obama. No, I didn't go. He just messed the thing up with the guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't go with my boys did after the round U but uh, I can't know where I was. Oh, yeah, I switched over to Tylas when Tyler started working. It didn't have anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 3: Do you get a disc who's asking you're a fellow teammates. Yeah, just a little bit.
Speaker 8: But but they weren't free and and I did pay for him, I promise you that, but support your son. Yeah, And I don't wait exactly. And I went to one of his fittings and and and scheduled the appointment just like everybody else.
Speaker 3: And he fit me. I almost said he feed me. I don't know what that is. Well you, hey, seriously, if you need to take some time off. No, I'm fine, it's just it's just fine. It's just rapid fire love scene in there. Yeah j Wright, but he just ye, it's slowed down. Yeah. Well I'm good. I'm good. You're letting your mouth get out ahead of your mind. That's what's that? A lot of love on the course for the Rick Burgess Show. Good I heard. I heard a lot of lots of Yeah.
Speaker 8: People loving the new show felt for things like this, said they are into the more lighthearted approach.
Speaker 3: Of the show. That yeah, yeah, that's me listening to myself.
Speaker 8: People are texting texting pictures of me listening to the replay of that buddy Zach Holton number five in the world on the longest Driver four hundred and what the four seventy eight is longest?
Speaker 3: I think he hit a three seventy eight for us though, We'll be right.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Do you have your Rick Burgess Show swag? Check out our store at Rick Burgessshow dot com. Man click shop.
Speaker 3: All right, so yeah, you got go get pick up hat shirts, cool items all available in the store. Wearing that Rick Burgess show swagging. It was so cool yesterday to be at the golf tournament doing the show and seeing people walking around with a swag on list Admit it, Yarry's extra large of the staff shirt didn't look too bad. Now, like you said, Greg, he's got no room. He can't go in, he can't put any weight on, no leeway there. But saw some other listeners and viewers out there, saw the staff shirts, all the T shirts, saw some of the caps. So if you don't have your swag, there's some really cool items there, go ahead and search all of it and pick up something that you may like in some new stuff coming out again this summer. Now here's another opportunity you ready for this way, we are the show of opportunity. Who would like to go on the Ultimate? Just stop reading text Nation, I'm just telling you they're on fire and they've got some great ones. Good. Okay, here, what about Ultimate North Alabama Hunting road trip to Willow Oak Lodge. Am I want to win that? Yeah? Free range hunting. They manage thousands of acres beautiful part of our state. Willow Oak is up there on the Spruce Pine Mountain. Gorgeous area, your chance to snag the buck of a lifetime. Now, you got to follow all the rules and get all the license. Gotta get all that done. That's the winner's responsibility. But the hunt will be a fifteen hundred dollars value meals lodging the hunt all that's that's part of the giveaway. That's all gonna be free. If you want to bring somebody just to be there with you at the lodge, you could one hundred and fifty dollars a night for them. So just f y on that. So go right now to register for this. You got to do this within and use it within one calendar year. You can't transfer to somebody else. Go to Alabama Roadtrips dot org Alabama Roadtrips dot org, or you can go to Rick Burgess Show dot com. You can use our contest button uh and it's right there, or use the sponsors button. Either one and maybe you'll be the one that will win the Ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to beautiful Willow Oak Lodge courtesy of Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association and the Rick Burgesship. A couple of stories out there, speedy, you want us to move on a little bit. But you're good. Hey, No, I'm fine. I'm sorry, z Thatch speed you got any more? Wrap up? You want to say hey, to attempt to without offending him.
Speaker 8: No, yes, Steve Smith, director of golf at Graystoon, We've how long have we known him? Good John Crow there, But how have we known him?
Speaker 3: You think Rick? Probably over twenty twenty four?
Speaker 8: Yeah, really super nice long he uh you know he he had his his uh, his blazer on and he was working when we got when we got going early in the morning, and when I came off the course, it was getting close to dark and he still had it on and was still hard to charging. He is always so upbeat and energetic, and uh, I just wanted to give a shout out to him because he loves the show.
Speaker 3: We love him. He's a great guy. Yeah, he's a good guy. Warning FDA warns you know when you get a little older. I realize this now that I'm sixty. Every single pharmaceutical company in the world is saying, you're gonna you're you're on the edge of death.
Speaker 8: And we have a shot or prescription to keep you a lot. I mean, right, that's the whole we're not laughing at you.
Speaker 3: No pneumonia. How about this the FDA. I've never even heard of this, and I have no idea how to pronounce it. I'm just gonna have to spell it for you. I haven't even heard this go no, I do not. So the vaccine is uh, guys, you think I mean chicken gunnia? Back boy c H I k U n. It is not the name of the disease geah g u n y a Uh.
Speaker 9: It said.
Speaker 3: It's been developed by val Neva company v A M. You need a cons it's a mosquito born virus that has the name I just gave you, Zeka. They were actually calling the vaccine I X C H I G, which I don't know what in the world that is. I could always get Christa rickro. Now, the bottom line is this. They say the vaccine has got some complications, uh, and they're recommending that adults over sixty do not take it. What don't take it? Again? I'm missing. What's the name of the vaccine and what's it for. I just told you it was four. It was four A mosquito born You ain't virus? Ain't it chicken gunnia? Yeah? But I've never heard of that. Damn, I my life. I have an ether and the way you were chewing up words, I thought you had just made that up. Well at least I mean I did. I pronounced it was speedy, would have offended some I got, Crystal, this is I know. Sam's the male. This is the female. Here. Take a look. Chicken do nine? Chicken do nine? Never heard of this vaccine, never heard of that symptom. Thank you, Crystal. It doesn't matter great because they declare right now that the vaccine is more dangerous than it. Symptoms that we got fever, severe joint pain, headache, muscle pain, and a rash. Listen the f UA, listen, this is important the FDA. See if this sounds familiar, watch adler come alive, and they're all to addlers about to come alive. The advisory says that there are serious adverse events that are being caused by the vaccine, including cardiac events and also some neuro problems to the brain. Oh, chicken gun, you just soon have chicken gun. Watch that switch flipping there? Sound familiar and go sound familiar right again? So remember if you are being if they're if there, somebody's pushing this on you uh, because you know we're sixty plus. They're saying, do not take it bad, bad, bad, And if the FDA is already upset about it, then it must be really bad. Thumbs down to the chickamongo any of you out there allergic to nuts, including the almond. Now more caution yogurt products, Greg, you're safe yogurt products so nationwide, I like yogurt. They are being recalled due to undeclared almonds. This keeps happening. These people can't seem to get all the we get mixed up on the wrong isle here, so keep coming through. Pennsylvania Company Yogurt par Fai products. The granola component in some of the knockup knock row incorporate is Bonyaw branded low Fact Yogurt Parfas. It is. This whole segment has been Wricked's pronouncing words, Greg, you're gonna talk to me about mister pronounced words? Do you know how to say you know how to say bonya? You know you don't think b o n y's bonya. I'm just saying, what do you think it is? You've chose stories that are tough to read. Do you think do you think k n O c k r O would not be knock row knock row? Is that what you call Greg? I'm trying to save lives. And if and if you, if you can't just sit there and let me save lives. The most important thing is I'm saving lives. That people go, I don't know what he's saying, thank you. Hey, I don't know what he's saying, but I'm gonna look into it. Yeah, so we need to start this feature is Rick saves lives Rick. That needs to be a new feature on the show. And but when finish and we have no idea what he was talking about. Right, I'm trying to save somebody if they can just understand what I'm trying to save them from. Bottom line is if you have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds, careful the granola that's associated with this yogurt. You may think there's no nuts in it, but there are. This is happening a lot, guys, and does that it's happening.
Speaker 8: A lot to somebody on some Oh yeah, okay, so on the on the I guess the line where everything's made.
Speaker 3: Maybe some nuts got offs contamination. We've covered this, so now they don't know what's what. We got to recall it and bring it seems to me right now, recall does everybody agree? Are we just hyper sensitive? I will tell you this, I am sick and tired. I know a lot of you are. Thankfully I've got a vehicle that doesn't. This doesn't happen a lot, but my adult children have bought vehicles. Every time you turn around, there's some sort of bring it back in. We've screwed something up, and I am sick of it.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then they just pressure because I know it's legal, because they want to say, if you don't come in here, you know it's on you. And but but can we not look, we've just turned It just seems to me that we are just not any good. Uh, we don't do things as well anymore. We got to get better. I mean I know it. When I see the people we have to hire out there, I get it. Yeah, I mean it seems like we can't keep from cross contaminating the food on food out now we got and we can't seem to make a vehicle that doesn't it doesn't keep having to come back for some stupid recall. Yeah, now we're gonna have to do better than that, right, I mean, we do right in this in this edition of Rick Rick, And we've come up with vaccaves line, and stop coming up with vaccines that are more dangerous than what it's trying to keep it from. We should start right there, right there. Yeah, the cure should not be worse than the disease. So I'm sorry they said that somebody ate some of this yogurt and took the vaccine. They've turned into a werewolf. We can't have that. Know what we gonna do about that?
Speaker 15: Greg?
Speaker 3: Will you get the shingles vaccine this year? Ready?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 3: No, I probably should. Did you get them? You've had the shingles right?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 3: Man, Are you sure about that? Yeah, sweedy, I am? Yeah? Was that official? But I don't know that that was they saw to mind. I don't know about that. I don't know. You know if you know, and you know you know little learry on the shots.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Good hold on the show. No but calling one eight eight eight six big box.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go on screen phone calls. All ten lines available America speech. If you are ready, fire up the number eight eight eight the number six, Big box that's eight eight eighty six two four for a six y nine. The unscreen phone call means that we all get on the cutting edge. We just screen as we go, and if you're calling, you're just gonna hear the phone ring. It's all right, just keep letting it ring, and then when we start answering, be ready to go. And you've all been done pretty well with it. It's become the preferred way to reach out and talk to the peeps. So all ten lines are available. Fire up now, we'll start running through those quickly. A couple of things to be aware of. So coming up this weekend, we got a lot going on. I'll have the opportunity to travel to beautiful Prattbell, Alabama, the home of I ninety two WLWI. Thank them for carrying the Rick Burgess show. We'll be at First Methodist Church. It is a men's event. I have the honor to speak around eleven eleven thirty coming up on Saturday, and just found out yesterday they will have on hand copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain as well, So thank you for that, guys, and looking forward to seeing all of you. Find those details at themanchurch dot com under events, and I look forward to seeing all of you coming up this weekend. Let's get started. Rick Burgess Show. Hello, you are on unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, what's going on, old fellas?
Speaker 13: You'll doing all right this morning?
Speaker 3: Were how about you?
Speaker 14: Sir?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good. This is Mark down in Saint Pete, Florida. I was just uh uh, I just moved back to Florida from Lubbock, Texas, or as Tommy Tuberville calls it iraq uh. But anyway, I just wanted to let you know. You guys are talking about Journey and I've I've actually only I've seen Journey three times with three different lead singers, and none of them. None of them were Steve Perry saw him back in in two thousand and seven. I think it was in Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: They had a guy named Jeff Scott Soto that did a tour for them, and he's kind of he was kind of like a rock guy back in the eighties and a couple of hair bands and he if you get if you get a chance to go on YouTube and check out some of those clips. The dude was awesome and I think he thought that he was gonna be the Guy and uh, and then Neil Sewn found uh Pinetta and uh that was the end of that. I read some interviews he thought he was to be the guy, and I thought he was amazing. If you get a chance, go look at some of those clips, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: Huh. Thanks for the call, Buddy, appreciate that. Uh. I knew there were two or three before then from text Nation, Rick and Prattbell. Would those be signed copies? Well, I'll actually be there, so yeah, I'll sign those while I'm there, so yeah, so you can get a signed there. Let's go to unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers show.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Hey, this is Chuck in Cincinnati. How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Got Chuck? How's it going? Buddy? Good sir?
Speaker 5: Hey, I was talking to my pastor last night. He is from Opa Laika, Olabama, been up here in Ohio. He was in New Guinea for twenty eight years. But he was telling me a story how he was taking a walk yesterday and it started raining on him, and he was telling me how he got soaked. And I was talking to I said, did you run? He's like, no, I didn't run. And then I was able to tell him about your dad and about.
Speaker 3: The new JA so he knew not to run. He knew, man, don't run into rain.
Speaker 5: Well he's you know, he's old school, so obviously, yeah, he's not gonna run the rain.
Speaker 13: Oh, I just got wet.
Speaker 3: You're blessed to have such a pastor. That's great.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what. I try to get him to go back to Alabama all the time, and he's like, no, I've been going for so long.
Speaker 10: But everything.
Speaker 5: When he says up for like, I'm like.
Speaker 13: I knew where that's that.
Speaker 5: I always mentioned you guys, I mentioned this show.
Speaker 3: So thanks Chuck. Anyway, good see you man. We continue unscreen phone calls. This is the Rick Birders show. Go ahead.
Speaker 15: Hey, this is Shane and fel City. I wanted to first of all say I've been with you'all since ninety five. I love the old, digging the new, and wanted to say how much I appreciated.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 15: I'm eight chapters deep into your uh new book about your father great and when y'all were going through it, I had been going through the same thing with the Jamaica and physical ailments with my parents, both of them. Uh, and I lost my father passed last Friday the night and then I lost my mother on Mother's Day and it was so they both had dementia. And but anyway, I just wanted to see you. I consider your law family grew up a couple of counties over from you here in Saint Clair County.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. I appreciate that very much, and I'm glad you're enjoying the book too, And sorry to hear about your parents with Greg, and I know that that's a long, tough goodbye. We continue unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show, Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, I was just wondering when you guys were going to get a new shirt in the store that s leave us just says, hey, Robert.
Speaker 3: Don't you think we should? And I'd love to get like a cartoon face of Gary, Uh huh, only as well might be a nice little to uh. We continue hello right here on unscreen phone calls. Uh, this is the Rick Burgess Show, Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Hey, Rick, I just wanted to call and say, man, I love you and I can't believe your guys you're not harassed you more over that from yesterday?
Speaker 3: Which one? Which one? There were so many when Rick.
Speaker 12: When the other singer was getting right up and said.
Speaker 7: I love you.
Speaker 5: Man said I love you too.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, but the reason why me telling there was love at first sight, me telling Jamie Johnson that I loved him, The reason why I didn't gain ground is because what Adler had already said to it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I think it. I think I was able to hide under that for a minute. But it was like my first real.
Speaker 12: Excited about being in love with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And look that we with Speedy. We we have some pictures of the you know this the Jamie Johnson thing, uh, yesterday, first time we'd ever met him. And like I say, we know Andy Blanks and he and Andy were been friends for twenty five years, and so we had that connection. And then he threw out Tim Wilson that he knew who Tim Wilson was and knew Tim, you know, he knew that we knew him. And I thought, all right, so Jamie must know more about the show than I thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's had to have heard the show quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then and then when he was very intrigued with the book, I mean was not surprisingly intrigued, you know, because you know, he probably gets handed stuff all the time. Oh yeah, and we had it out there, not intending for anyone to feel pressure to take it, but hey, we have it available. And all of them were so kind, going, oh, you can see those coaches looking at the cover and going hey, I want that. And so that was that was kind of a cool thing. And and so he really started talking to me about the book, and I don't know, something happened and he told me that he that he loved me. And I think that Adler may have helped that by talking about how excited he should be. Yeah, and I was.
Speaker 4: I was nervous. Jamie Johnson was about to be on the show. We'd never had him on before. I actually listened to his music, unlike y'all, and I was say, hey, buddy, I'm excited, you're excited. And I meant to say I was excited. Well, you were awkward, and all of y'all saw it, and it was awkward and terrible and it's let's make some more.
Speaker 3: Well, do you think I was wrong? If if if if, if, if he said that he loved me. Look at that moment, I don't I need to say that I love you?
Speaker 9: Love you?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you kept man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh so that's why I did witness the whole Adler thing. And I won't witnesses, but I did. I literally turned away. So you saw it and you didn't.
Speaker 8: You didn't help either, because you overpowered his his introduction with Andy Blank's comments screaming from the other side, right, you basically took to Adler's moment.
Speaker 4: I didn't know, but sorry, I listened to his music. You don't.
Speaker 3: That's fine, we were actually listening to him before the show started to that. Yeah, but I actually you know what's interesting is I had just found the duet that he did with Zach Brown. Yes, I think it's been maybe a year ago. It came out really good. Uh my something pride, my stupid pride. Yes, really really good. So you don't know about it.
Speaker 4: We mentioned it on the show earlier.
Speaker 3: Well anyway, I'm sorry, something about pride. Yeah, stubborn pride, stubborn pride. That's the one great song. And then of course, you know, even Speedy knew the song, the one about the black and white and the color and all that. What a great song.
Speaker 4: That is a classic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a that's a good one. So you're right.
Speaker 9: It was fine.
Speaker 3: I really think I'm grateful for that. I think when you accidentally told him how excited he should be, he started thinking, well maybe I should, and then from then on he really connected.
Speaker 1: How would you.
Speaker 3: I think you did a good thing.
Speaker 15: I was nervous.
Speaker 3: Top of the hour. Thanks great phone calls. We'll get back more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: You got a fine.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world the rich Burgess Shown.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much America for being with us again today. Speedy, Greg and Adler all here today. We are having a ball, as is the norm here, and we thank you for going along for the ride. There's so much to do. We we got so many things going on it it's really hard to get every bit of it in front of you. So go to Rick burgesshow dot com and always stay up today with everything going on. Active Active Active. So here are some things that you need to know that are coming your way. If you are looking for some of the archives from yesterday's on location show podcast, already got all the audio. It's there. Adwas already put that there and he is putting together some of the videos of some of the bigger interviews and moments from yesterday's show. They will be coming to the YouTube channel. Okay, so so be paying attention for that one of the things. If you could scroll back to that one one more time off text nation. I wanted to see this, okay. Oh well, I'm not sure if that's if that's it or not. I thought from it because some of you you look well, people are asking about Men Don't Run in the Rain the audio versions as it got as it got to all the platforms, and I thought on that one you just showed me right there that it said I got my audible version of your book. But I thought that might mean it is actually on the one called audible. I don't know this there yet. I actually tried to look for that myself because I had that app at one time, and the app is acting weird. But anyway, so I know it's out there because people are talking about it, but I don't know if it's gotten to audible yet. But somebody asked earlier about women reading the book. There are women that you had that bring it up right here that are reading, and including the one you were showing me a minute ago, speeding. That was the one about say right there, said, I got my audible version of your book. I know it's probably geared toward men, but I and she's a woman, I love it. I stopped, and then she talks about chapter seven and how it impacted her reading that, and she said that it hit me personally and I benefited from it. I love how the story of your dad that you're able to apply it also to biblical principles too, memories and lessons, and I can't wait to finish it. So and you know, it was kind of the reaction cherryhead she read and she said, I know this is probably you know, you guys do a men's ministry and all that. Maybe it's more appealing to men, but beneficial for women as well. So thank you for that update because we've been kind of talking about that. So anyway, continuing to get feedback on as the book goes out everywhere. I signed a bunch of them yesterday, so if you had a sign copy you're trying to get from Father's Day, we're shipping out three hundred and twenty today and I should sign another big bulk again tomorrow, so we're trying our best to stay on top of that. But you should have no problem getting it by Father's Day. But remember, if you're looking for a sign copy, only the links on our websites give you that option. Amazon and all the other places, and the audio obviously, and the ebooks that that does not offer that option. But that's totally up to what your preference is. This is a cool one too.
Speaker 8: Someone said they ordered a book for their aunt who happens to be be Vice president CFO of us M Mississippi, and once she's finished, she's gonna hand delivered to the president of the university.
Speaker 3: How about that. Well, that's good, cool, all good things. And we were seeing too also today it was great and usually we were celebrating that it's in the number one position on Amazon and the faith category for new releases. So that's cool too. Thank you all so much. That's because this book is so personal. It means so much to our whole family and to everybody here on the show. Okay, let's let's.
Speaker 4: Does it look like it's on Audible, but it is in Apple Books, the audio version of the book. Do you want to hear a quick preview of it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I do what I would trying to make fun of me. Oh no, this bunch and never make funnybody. You have your professional voice. I know.
Speaker 4: I listened to ten started. I listened to ten seconds of it, and I was incredibly impressed. Whatever I'm serious, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: You're setting me up for something I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not here going.
Speaker 3: He was blue collar to the core, working the coal mines and the steel mills and eventually retiring from the pipe shop. He was a laid back man who was often mistaken for the actor James Garner. Some matter. My grandparents were quite the pair. Shorty was one of twelve brothers and sisters who were all characters in their own rights. He loved to fish as much as any man alive, and was a committed, practical joker.
Speaker 4: I think it's great, all right, really great. The pacing is great, Gregson.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make fun of me reading about our grandfather.
Speaker 4: Distress of the words is great. You did a great job.
Speaker 3: I like your enunciation. Hey, they'll get on you. Hey, in the studio, they'll get on you. You think you think that hey, you think you think that you think they'll Hey, you're a great grandfrother me they me they I told you to get for this.
Speaker 4: Guys, I thought it was actually good.
Speaker 3: I was, uh, thanks, guys, appreciate that so heartfelt, heartfelt book about our dad who by the ways passed men in the wings Christian book didn't didn't change anything great, couldn't it. I thought when you played a clip of me talking about our grandfather, not mine, our grandfather, but it didn't stop anything. No, I wouldn't make fun of that. I was.
Speaker 8: You know, it's more looks, not what you're reading it commenting on how professional you sound. That's impressive. They don't like lazy mouth in the studio.
Speaker 3: None of y'all to read a book, None of y'all. You must open your mouth of course, speak sharp. That is, read a book. He'd probably calling his granddaddy to talk. No, it did sound good, it did, come on, he actually sounded professional. In fact, I'm sure they gonna reach I want you to do some other one you, James Earl Jones. You know what's going to be a banner day to day. You know, this is one of those days where people go, I'm glad you two back because I saw Rick throw Greg down, got the witness see you see wait wait, wait, wait minute, see I'm trying to find where Greg's line is probably our our our grandfather who passed. No still, Rick just got an email from Visa. They want to do that commercial for everything else. We have master cards. Thank you, Greg. You had a good joke, got them inverted him. Dang it from the pipe shop, Rick, all right, I'm pin it down. That's not how about how about from the mop top? How about how about from the text Nation? They said, Ricky, you know your dad would be making fun of the fact you even get the book at all? Why you Rick? Can you imagine when we get to heaven, I'm dreading it. Oh that mom was go, what was that book you did?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 3: Some book? And I'm dad, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to a tribute. Really, yeah, why would you do? I'll tell you what well, I can't say this. I'm in heaven now son, good news, good news, good news. It's you know. Do you agree? Do you agree? Actually? I wanted that one. I want to ask you something about you know, the US. See, I'm trying to remember what were the rules that dead handed down for me and you? Fighting? Okay? Outside, can't be in the house, all right, I can't hit you with the hot wheel track. No, you can't and I can't kick, but you can't. That's right. You couldn't kick, but I could get I'm just trying to remember since we're about to give you some rules because Greg was anything. Greg was about half my size and Dad, y'all, y'all don't understand how we grew up. Dad said, okay, not don't fight. Here's the parameters of fighting, fighting the yard. Rick, you cannot hit Greg with a hot wheel track. He can hit you with one, yes, Rick, you can't kick, Greg can kick, okay, things up? Yeah, and hotwell tracks hurt. Yeah, but they don't do perm So that was the good. That was the good. That's the only reason they got to prove. What if we get the privileging commercial. Oh, I'm from faring to be blanched, Georgia. My name is David. If we're gonna do a flowery branch one, I think you may be better for that. I say more like David than I was about to say. David got him. Yeah, okay, that's fine. But now this happened Greg, This happened yet yesterday. Okay, And you know how you people don't understand. They try to push Dad in categories where you don't belong. I got a texture. Hey, what a heartfelt text, and I want and I will not say who it was for because it will I mean, of course you. You apparently have no lines, so but I'm gonna line to go. But they were saying, did I have any motivational quotes from Dad that they wanted to like it was a special hand at something. But I said I can't. I said, Dad, wasn't y'all looking for raw ross? I said, that wasn't a raw rah guy. I said, Now he's got some quotes about your opponent and about Yeah, I said, but I don't think y'all would put any of them.
Speaker 15: Greg.
Speaker 3: When I tell you in the break where they want to put them, you won't believe it. And I just picture you trying in a professional voice read them. Oh well, quote, there's where there's some in the audiobook some of them. Yeah, I'm talking about them shown up, But what's in your wallet? I'm just testing it. But you know as well, I can't wait to tell you to break what it was. I found myself just taking quotes that were somewhat here they were and turned them into at Greg and turned them into what they needed. Oh okay, I got it because I mean it's I mean, can you imagine humming bird where this? Can you imagine truck loads swapping fingers, a wagon that's empty? Yeah, all that. When I tell you in the break where they want it, it's gonna own you, be very rare surprised. I will come back. Hey, bird birds coming out right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show. Sure he played a little ball. Rick birches.
Speaker 3: So great. Can you imagine me trying to send some of Dad's.
Speaker 1: Quotes for that?
Speaker 15: Rick?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's a great idea, just say it. My quote was, well, I have some quotes, but I don't think I want to. I don't think they're looking for I don't either. Thanks for being with US America. Are you sleeping on a custom mattress or just something you just grab out of some children? I know? Well, you could have a customized mattress and you could sleep well every night, just like Greg and Lee do. All you have to do is go to helic sleep dot com slash big Box. We're gonna get you twenty seven percent off and a free bed bundle right now. Little bonus gift for Memorial Day coming up next weekend. Uh so, why don't you go right now to Heli Sleep dot com slash Big Vox or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors answer the sleep quiz. They need some information on your sleep preferences. They'll pick out the perfect mattress for you, send it to your door. One hundred nights to sleep on it. Be sure you love it. You will. If you don't, they'll they'll refund the money. How many nights for you for me?
Speaker 9: Three? Three?
Speaker 3: Heli Sleep dot com slash Big Vox twenty seven percent off. Okay, so let's hit let's hit the email. Let's see all right, so we got a couple of emails here one can we hear that reading in one more time? Is this rest of the show? Just let me know? Is this rat show? Okay? Yeah, we don't have that. You're gonna be able to get him by act?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really? You remember a meeting we had about Joe the lineman. Oh you are good, won't get approved my little baby brother.
Speaker 8: Oh maybe that will not get It's kind of it looked like it was going now yeah.
Speaker 3: You yeah, we don't never know. I'll never be able to get through that. I can't do that. Yeah you can. You're the poem reader, Greg, you do good. That's true. I did practice on you. Greg will also read a version of it for those of you that are special. Uh the so so did you. I was with him talking about alignment. Uh what that made? Needn't it? Broken down even more?
Speaker 5: The I was.
Speaker 3: I was with him when we were doing things with Mom's car the other day. Man, it was a lot of hard work. We had to actually jump it off with jumper gables. But that was awful. H And we go buy some of his fellow people working on on some power. Oh yeah, you already heard him. Oh he breaking down. He was OK. There they up there getting getting it done. Yeah, and I did a little hot work. Look he got all excited. He misses that word a little bit. He thinks this is a little too now that I do have a real hearing. Yeah, it's a little soft in here. That's fine. I mean, you've enjoyed it. Probably extended your life, but probably well, hag it. I don't know that getting up and sleep deprivation not good. That's true. I just swapped one for the other. Sleep deprivation and that job also, Yeah, so at least you took away the hard labor part of it. That's true.
Speaker 8: You know how the guys that have played ball before you're like, hey, you think you could, like you got to play left in you you got you could you go for one secon? Do you think you could do one day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: No, you could.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. You've gotten to talking about the hardest of hard days. I don't know about that, but I extend on ground. Look up, you know what? You know what, Greg, if I could come up with a children's book called Joe the Lineman, he'd be perfect. I would Maybe maybe that'll happen always. I'm coming soon. The bell's gonna toe for you. Yeah, sure is. Sit back and enjoy that one. You'll be seated and silent over. Get ready to stretch out and open up your mouth a little bit and stop to stop having such lazy mouth. Rick, I'll get I'll be in bad shape for that. I was thinking you brought mom up, and then we have and we've had people go hey, and we love the segments when you talk about Mom. I think I got to think that we need to start playing mister T's mother before and if we have a Mom up date, we do we need to play that? That would be perfect? And the no mom, mother, Yeah, there is no other. And we got a story on the back burner. Hall of Fame, Hall of Fame? Do we share that? I think? Is she kind of upset about it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: She was laughing. Was she yeah, Okay, we may work that in today before we're done. I'm in trouble. It's hilarious. What have you done other than calling somebody something something earlier?
Speaker 8: Zach Holton, his mom and dad have reached out to me, Well, you.
Speaker 3: That was gonna happen. You better hope he don't look like not the shout out they were looking for?
Speaker 12: Was it?
Speaker 3: I met his dad yesterday on the tea box.
Speaker 8: He had called the show actually about Zach said that here's his number for you to apologize a little bit later me, I gotta yeah.
Speaker 3: He said he wanted you to call me. Yeah. I did everything to do with that. That was your head coach. It comes down on you ultimately, you know, thank you all.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm head coach. I got take responsibilities.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: We could have played better. We could have played better, and that's my fault. I didn't everybody ready to play. That's on me. You know, that's why I get the big check. And you know that if y'all want to blame somebody for performance, but you know it's ultimately rest with me, don't blame We worked on it. I mean we practiced. I thought we were ready. We had a pretty good day on Thursday. Uh and and I thought he was ready. And the fact he wasn't ready to give that shout out, that's my fault. I mean, I got I gotta get him better.
Speaker 4: We beat ourselves.
Speaker 3: That was that was taking nothing away from them. Yeah, a lot of character oologize with the family. Uh phones are blowing up. Uh oh you think their phones aren't blowing up? I just falling allway, buddy, I am just a mess. But thank you.
Speaker 8: But that's what to pretre John for understanding. And they were they caught it live for their big.
Speaker 3: Moment, did they really?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh yeah, of course watching together, of course, husband and wife, mom and dad.
Speaker 3: The story got completely side tracked.
Speaker 8: Such a fine young man too well. He hit the ball to man, he can hit it surprisingly masculine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: See, this is what gets obviously mistake. It was obviously misspeak, and it.
Speaker 2: Was on me.
Speaker 3: Coach his face.
Speaker 8: Away wanted to apologize to the family.
Speaker 3: I think Speedy misspeaks. Oh, the combination of socially awkward with all the greatest effort ever Adler and Speedy's just misspeaks. You are a tremendous combination. You really really when he had that tech scare of that time, the funniest part be size obvious was him you going, you can dump that, dum dum, please help me, please dumb that, please help me out. Well, looking back, I guess I should have dumped your shout out. Yeah. It would have helped at least at least on the radio, so they wouldn't hurt it until they went back and watched the archive. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, anyway, the family has reached out. I'm a contact exact a little bit like he's. He's working right.
Speaker 3: Now, so you know he's probably laughing about it. Oh yeah, he knew there was it was it all? It's no big deal. Yeah, probably listening bring that up again, Probably listening to Willian Nelson and Steve Perry with the updated Safely. Somebody wants me to read be the Flag again. Know what I should what I should have on the audio book, what I really should have done? Is to have the three of you read it and y'all all take a chapter. See that that would have been You didn't think about it, No I did. Well, you know why, Greg, I wanted to get it done. You want to get proven right. I got it done in three days. I wonder how long we would have gone. Man, we'll come back. I keep trying to do, hey, birds, but we keep getting side tracked. Was coming through that update here we had to stomp show. His dad texted me, So we're good at less. You've got a confirmation that Eric. Yeah, you ain't gotta wonder. No, no, no, I don't. My favorite Greg is just what we thought. They heard it live, start encouraging everybody them to turn it up. Yeah, just in time to hear Speedy Butcher so proud of their sons. Yeah, should have been, should be. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burger's show in the world that embraces mediocrity. They are thriving, the Rick Butcher's Show.
Speaker 3: Not just surviving. Thriving. Baby, there we go. Thanks for being with us, America. All right, so we have much from the text Nation, and I'm sorry you missed that. Hey, Birch, tell us one more time again, How we get a signed copy of the new book Men Don't Run in the Rain? Simple go to Rick burgesshow dot com. The link that is there. You'll see that. Just click on math and I'll say you want to sign one and you go yes. So it's right there, and thank you for asking. All right.
Speaker 11: We got to Haybird Heyberg from the emails Hey Bird, hey Birch a doozy.
Speaker 3: Just mere hours after hearing you talk about Greg's wife, uh and the present she got for bird watching, I had my own bird encounter. Now listen to what's happening and there's video to go with it. Oh really? Oh yes, A baby birdd ran into my car window on the driver's side and flew up on my mirror. And there is a picture of the bird sitting on this person's mirror. Looks like this is from Wendy. I just jumped up there. Okay, so cute, I thought, as I took a few pics of this cute little bird. Not a minute later, a hawk came down and snatched it from my mirror. Who oh, any pictures of that? It carried the baby, Yes, it carried the baby birdy to a tree. Nearby. I jumped out of my car to see if I could grab a video because I was hoping that maybe it was taking it to its nest. Nope. I watched as it pecked away at the little bird, literal feathers, little ones, just floating down to the ground. I've included this on a Facebook post that shows the pictures and also a very grainy video. I hope Lisa's bird watching isn't as traumatic as MI guess.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you can see the feathers coming down to.
Speaker 3: That's what happened. There's nature. I can't believe you snatched it off the car, off the car? Wow, how about that?
Speaker 4: We're geographic.
Speaker 3: Goodness? But which bird do you choose? I mean the hawks a bird too? Yeah, he's got to eat meat, all kinds of stuff like that. I'd like to be a bird for a day, but not like that. I don't know about being a bird for a day. But you would want to just like glide and the wind, Yes I would, Yes, I was. That comes with it, but for that one day though. I don't get eating.
Speaker 8: And you don't have to build a nest because I don't, right, and and I'm not real hungry I'm just flying.
Speaker 4: I see bird fights all the time. It's happening in the sky above me.
Speaker 3: All the time. Look at that little bird, that's the one that was snatched. There's the picture from the mirror.
Speaker 4: Does that bird already look a little ruffled, a little tired, as in he was like running away from a hawk, already.
Speaker 3: Already having a tough time. I think that that bird is really young, one of those, because look at it, it's a baby bird. Even it's a baby bird. That bird's about to be eaten.
Speaker 4: Bird is dead.
Speaker 3: That bird is alive right there, but not for long. But I'm with Adler. I think the reason it's on her mirror and came up her windshield like that, he's running.
Speaker 4: It's just anywhere. Maybe the hawk won't come and get me from near these humans. I don't trust these humans, but I really don't trust that hot It's not flying good yet.
Speaker 3: Would a bird like that a bird of prey? Oh, a bird of prey, no doubt. I'm a raptor. I know you're not an Instagram person, but if I could suggest the Instagram account nature is metal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, it's horrific.
Speaker 3: It's brutal. It's right up and you just said I don't like watching that in the morning. Is there a worse feeling when you're watching some kind of animal documentary and you've got some sort of animal of prey and I'm okay if they go get the adults, but suddenly some about birth of calf and you're just like you said, you're like for the week, this is an easy takeout. Yeah. And you see the one with the Kimodo dragon.
Speaker 8: Oh no, it comes up on it looks like a small animal out to about one and you can still hear the animal in it.
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad. That's awful. Uh hey bird, hey bird, I have a that's all. I have a question. A friend and her husband asked me if I be willing to take her children if something unexpected happened to her and her husband, and of course they're talking about an earthly death. I said yes, which I'm praying that they stay safe and uh, any anyway, my question is you want to stay safe and you do not want to have the kids right, curious. That's that's terrible, that's awful, off awful. Of course you went after you know, me reading about our granddad. Anything's on the table. My question is have you guys asked each other to be guardians of your children? And if not, and if you did, who would you choose to take care of your kids?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: That'd be nobody in this room?
Speaker 1: Hey hey, yeah, No.
Speaker 8: I haven't thought about that. I mean I always think of you know, I guess my natural instinct would be, you know, family.
Speaker 3: It had to be somebody in here. Oh oh yeah, ours is easy. I'm looking right over me. Is uh?
Speaker 4: Is Mike Mackenzie an option?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 4: I'm just talking about people that are here?
Speaker 3: You know he's your I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: I was saying that I trust Mike Mackenzie more than y'all. And Mike Mackenzie is a producer that recorded a lot of commercials for a long time on w's z K, and I wanted to give him a shout out and say that he's more responsible than y'all. And y'all are acting like I'm saying something I'm not saying.
Speaker 3: It was legally blond, great person. Trust people. I mean, if I could pick, if I could pick a leg a good person. No, no, I didn't say a good person. Would I pick a parent that could see every one that couldn't yes, No, still trust more than y'all if I didn't have a if I had a choice, I think there's a lot of parents that can't see they're fine. But if I had a choice, I would trust any of you.
Speaker 4: What about that cleaning? What about the cleaning lady in the lobby? Does he count? Can I use her?
Speaker 3: Here's got a history of this, so yes, he does? What Greg and you two I didn't have no? Oh yeah he did, Greg, I forgot yeah you how about that Bubba pitch you? Yeah? I don't know what he was thinking, but he did that back. How about I would say back when I thought? Yeah, no, so we're gonna stop joking. I will say this to the three of you, and I wasn't going to say it to add just a minute ago. But no, all kid in decide straight up. I think all three of you are tremendous. Yes, I would. I would trust my kids to any of you. In a second. Yeah.
Speaker 4: After the cleaning lady, y'all are up under her. She learns me betterlingual.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, my boys ain't getting in that van and riding around and sleeping in it. So yeah, would you mind? Would you mind?
Speaker 4: The ban is actually even more practical because I could fit all the kids.
Speaker 3: Now you know that's true.
Speaker 4: You have to get rid of the couch that hurts.
Speaker 3: The other thing is is Greg does ask the bigger question. Is this person hoping these adults that she knows stay alive because of her devotion to them, or because she's worried about taking them kids? Well, I mean a question. Well, look, we've there's some kids. She didn't she didn't say how well behaved they were? No, no, they No. Greg does not in there. Thank you for taking that precious moment and wadding it up as well. Yeah, what if it's like about a wild bunch and you're thinking, I mean, I don't want to help it out of But man, no, you go back to that thing we've said forever, and it stands true. People who don't discipline their children don't have to tell you that they do things differently. You've already figured that out. Yeah, Oh, we don't spank our kids. Oh no, I had that. I figured that out. Just shut up right, pretty much tipped. That's when I knew. Could we bring Hoby into the mix? Here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pretty much part of the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you leave the kids and even your dogs. Speedy would pick Hoby over all. Oh no, I would just call and ask him what to do.
Speaker 4: I go with Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 3: And you made that perfectly clear. Yeah, actually you said that Jamie Johnson should have been excited to let you have his kids. Yeah, if he have Yeah, Hey Bird, J Bird, this is a tough one. Get your Google ready, Speedy and maybe Adler. Hey Bird, J Birge. Pick a year in the nineteen eighties. I would prefer it be eighty to eighty five, but that's your call. Pick a date that year, and then find Casey Caseum's top ten for that week, and then openly discuss. When y'all talk about music in the eighties, your microphones turned to solid gold. Love the New Show, especially Greg is right again? Okay, that's when Allison. So, Greg, if you had to pick a year in the eighties and you want to see Casey Caseum's top ten, what year would that be? I'm gonna tell you, first of all the eighties, and as much as I love the eighties, there's some bad music. It's Greg. We didn't ask about that, but I'm saying, if you're going by this chart, the popureo.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Uh December the twentieth, nineteen eighty four, all right, the top ten for December of nineteen eighty four. Yeah, okay, I don't know why that's all about, George. I was gonna go eighty four, eighty four, all right, let's see. I got that. We might have overlooked eighty one.
Speaker 8: But I mean, if we were on good music one, what did I got December the nineteen eighty four?
Speaker 3: Good enough? That's good. Okay, that's close. It looks like Duran Duran. That's what I is? That what you were?
Speaker 8: It featured Duran Duran blah blah blah blah. All right, Top forty. Uh, lover Boy was a billy ocean.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Lover Boy was at forty and then number go to top ten. What one was? Out of Touch? Darre Hall and John Oaks was one. Do you like that song? They represented before you go go Wam, Shock of Khan? I Feel you? Number three, Greg Duran durand the Wild Boys hate it. I told you there's some bad the Beatles. Uh that was the music?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 3: They I think it was a like a throwback. Cindy Lauper.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: All through the Night was five. I don't know what. No More Lonely Nights, six of.
Speaker 8: Uh, Paul McCartney, No More Lonely Nights, Sea of Love, The Honey Drippers hate It, Penny Lover, Lionel Ritchie hate it, Cool it Down? New Edition, and ten was acted like I hated Secret. They liked its. Patn Uh, Pat Benatar, We belong at ten. I love Pat Benitar and your favorite Madonna like a version that.
Speaker 3: Was a terrible month in the that was God.
Speaker 8: Hey, I gotta tell you a song I liked. It's at number twelve and I don't know what this says about me. Tina Turner, better be good to move?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that a burner? Tina Turner? Who don't like tennas? Why are you squinting in me? That's better be good to miss? Did you sing out across of my treating you run good? Did you sing that home from went and your girlfriend broke up? Will you when you rode the bus play it played his bad music? Coming back? We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Prisoner Entangled.
Speaker 4: Then you're with speaking enjoyed Whispers in the night.
Speaker 3: So we're working our way back. So uh, you better let her get no I'm not because we'll end up getting some kind of flag cover. No, I'm not. You don't know about this another you don't know about this other thing. Adda and are dealing with. I know, I know he's covering though. No, eighty four, you don't know what you get something, it's something different. Eighty four. Come bay, We've already talked about this. Adler had a whole conversation, you know about even when I said, can we get that library over here? Discussion? Yeah, but that's what that's was covering in there with his own stuff. Well, why can't you bet you that you're you're good to me? You're not, You're not. I realized now that conversation I have with you weren't listening. But that's just for us. He's got he's got that. No, this is Spotify. Tell him, Adam, try to explain it to.
Speaker 4: Spotify's giving us problems on the on the audio podcast archive, the full the radio broadcast archive, the radio broadcast, that's what goes to the full show podcast. And now and now these streamers wherever we post our podcast, these streamers are now giving us trouble. So we're in a lot of ways running into the YouTube. The YouTube problem. We can't play Cooker brol sits.
Speaker 3: On the old gum.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, it's getting crazy.
Speaker 3: So what it is, We're okay, why'd you play? Because you have what's your problem? Well, I mean, I was trying to figure if I want I was trying to figure out if I was gonna let my kids do you're not, and we're kind of.
Speaker 4: In this situation. We're kind of in this situations now we have to be kind of told like, yes, we have to do this, and we're kind of just waiting on that. Yes you you don't, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So who knows?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: What what I've noticed t Adler and here I go, I'm probably here comes here comes here cos mojo filter. It seems that when I'm using the bed music that were edited for just bad music by Eric Hastings, we don't get any trouble. But when I play something, we all start slaying and all that kind of stuff, and it seems to cause trouble. I think if it's a certain link, then you shall play that.
Speaker 4: Depending on the plastform, it's different lengths. I've gotten busted on YouTube for letting eight seconds of a It was a five hour broadcat asked in eight seconds of a song that I didn't cover. I think Rick had hit something, and I was just like spacing out, you know, well, and that got us and so I'm like, okay, let me edit that out so we can get some ad money.
Speaker 3: Well we have. We love music and we have fun with it. But for some reason, and I've even told Adair, look, if we just need to go to unlicensed music only, we will, But Adler understands there's a certain joy we have. Listening to cool music is part of what we do, and we just feel like there should be a better way. And we talked about this when this all first started, back in the Rick and Bubba days. If they would just tell us like they do in broadcast radio, we paid to play the songs, We pay fees to all the publishers. We could simply pay fees to cover the streaming too. And I don't know why they won't just simplify that license. Yeah, So it used to be that it was just YouTube that would hold us. Now now everybody now Spotify and others. Everybody's times I covered that way, you.
Speaker 8: And that wouldn't listen only and so that's that they're getting your feed from in here, not from where Adler is, so you shouldn't have played it.
Speaker 3: No, we're not. No, No, I see the texture. That's what we thought too. But we've been That's the fight that's going on right now, streaming it all. Look, it started when people started running commercials, like started creating apps. Even the voice people like, well, now you paid us to be on terrestrial radio. You didn't pay us to be on streaming. You remember that whole order. Yeah, well that's the way it's going now. The artists are like, we go, no, no, no, this license does not cover streaming. We gotta have we got to be paid extra for streaming. But they won't simplify. I don't mind paying for it if they would just simplify how to do it, and they haven't. All they do now is complain about it and threaten you. But there's no way for you to get out of it other than just stop playing it. Yeah, to forget nothing. So for me that that's not really good for them, I think, And.
Speaker 4: A lot of times somebody from the text said, uh, if you guys are reviewing the music, it's a music review, then it should be covered under the fair use stuff when it comes to streaming, but a lot of times that we will get demonetized and then I appeal it and then you're in escrow for you know, us several weeks at a time, and then a lot of times it gets your your appeal gets denied. So it's when you say it's fair use, or we say we're doing a review, even that doesn't help us.
Speaker 3: It's not hate it. And I do hate that because we have such so much fun with music, but we can't have as much fun with it as we we can't. I mean we used to like, let's all sing this together and all that. Yeah, we can't do an that's a great What they don't What they don't get is sometimes we would probably play something somebody hears and go I forgot about that, download it and go stream it.
Speaker 4: Download it.
Speaker 8: Yes, So speaking of that, this kind of goes together. Christina Aguilera justin timberlake Land, Rhimes pretty big names, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you know they appeared at Young Ages Star Search? Yes, all the great star Search. I forgot about flick. Netflix is bringing it back.
Speaker 8: Netflix is bringing back the talent competition star Search, remember ed McMahon, Oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: For those times.
Speaker 14: I do not know.
Speaker 8: It was a weekly talent TV show from eighty three to ninety five, hosted by Ed and and and they're bringing it back and and so it's called some of these streaming services.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's it. There's there's I guess it's called the the upfronts.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: And it's it's what streaming services like Disney and Warner Brothers and Netflix are working on for the next next season or whatever. And this was announced that star Search is coming bay brand new. They're not showing old stuff like I seen famous people.
Speaker 3: Is it gonna be like new people. That's a that's a great question.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: It just says here and and this that star Search, and this is how it reads. Netflix is binginging back. The talent competition showed Star Search as a live event.
Speaker 3: Is it the same categories? I wonder if you had stand up comedy. I saw Sindbad on there. I remember that had musical group. I remember you remember saw your Brown they were on there. These people that I don't remember.
Speaker 4: This is Beyonce, that's Britney Spears, that is Atlantis mooresett I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she was like a Canadian pops. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: That's justin Timberlake, and I think that's Christina.
Speaker 8: Ag So this will be a live event, Jason Raff I think is gonna.
Speaker 3: I thought Ryan Sincras would host everything else. So they're going to get into there by the way, on that note, too's hard count them. Yeah. Another one looks like another win for the Trump administration involving Netflix too. They're breaking ground at a one billion dollar New New Jersey studio as Trump pushes for movies to be made in America and Netflix is looks like they're going in. Wow, And so that'll be a big impact for that area in our country because of how many people get hired, they said they over the past four years, Netflix has contributed one and twenty five billion to the US economy and hired more than one hundred and forty thousand people. So and they're breaking ground a new facility in New Jersey. Top of the hour, This is the.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgess Show, Rock casting.
Speaker 3: From the Real Who's ready, America? If you're ready, let us know another hour? Are you ready? Let's go?
Speaker 4: It's time for the Rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Another hour. Come on, America, Speedy, Greg Andler all here, We thank you for being with us. We'll get some more of your phone calls in this hour. Stay updated at Rickburgessshow dot com. A lot going on on this hour, you know we need to give you. And Adler was handing me some videos today and audio that we can talk about. And when I look at at video one and I see the term the terms look at the entrance Trump just made at the Royal Palace and guitar, and then I see in all caps camels? Adler?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 3: What in the world is going on? There?
Speaker 4: Horses? There's there's hundreds of camels waiting on him.
Speaker 3: Okay, crazy, Greg, be honest? Do you kind of wish Trump was on a camera? I know that's a security issues, but would you not love to see him on a camera.
Speaker 8: And if it's a secret service on camel's around, Oh y'all bouncing up and down?
Speaker 3: Look what is I mean? That's a lot Which ones were the Is that all camels are? Is any of that horses that the horses were up front? Horses up front, camel's in the back with the American flag swaying? Did you know that camels are? Camels can be problematic?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hey, Amy on thousand pounds. Sisters got bit by one. That's true. Look at all the camels, you'll bring that up. Well, they got a lot of camels. That's a lot of came a certain antibiotics keep it from getting infected. Yeah, just for camels. So Greg, we're talking about the camel history and Greg says, well, I've got one resource that's thousand pounds. Sisters, exactly what happened. She's got bit at a pett and zoo. They that's what she got wrest Yeah, and then they found marijuana in the car and rested.
Speaker 8: Now she's got a gold court and the president Katar intro thousand pounds sis.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that was you. And by the way, I understand that the camel's cholesterol is now through the room.
Speaker 1: They got him on.
Speaker 3: They got him on a stanton. Also, now the leader of a guitar has signed a multi billion dollar deal with Trump and the CEO of Boying. This is all that you know. Tuberville really cleared a lot of this up on the broadcast yesterday. So the Quitar Airways will now be buying over one hundred and fifty aircraft from the American manufacturer Boeing, who's struggling right now, they need to get better and that or if I'm not mistaken, it's the largest order ever for boweling, right, That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I included this clip for two reasons. One Fox News has microphone troubles and there's an entire minute where they're just they're just struggling. They're expecting to see and hear as Trump and uh Qatar signs this huge order. Uh So I'm gonna skip forward for about a minute. Fox still dead air on.
Speaker 3: So so if I were watching Fox, this is what I'm getting. Yes, there's nothing. I'm sure it's just a pool feed though. That's everybody, right, so we're waiting for that. Yeah, there you mentioned and it was like it's like one feed for all everybody.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he's got some time to make up for really what really has been a lapse and some of the service that they provided here.
Speaker 1: And it starts with you know the new air Force one that is behind schedule.
Speaker 3: We could say, there you go, so when you still know they got a lot of money, but when you have to get up put that on your head every day. I knew you were gonna say it did. Look I saw that coming so farward. Can you imagine that? Would you kind of like to put it on one time? Though? Well, I'm kind of curious. Yeah, but that's man, that's a lot of fun. You gotta sit it rounds a lot to do every day, y'all. That's hot. And I want to be how we have to be here and everything picture with those one in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and to y'all's point, the visuals that are coming out of Trump being in this area, Trump was wearing one, y'all, it's amazing. He came out in Saudi Arabia to Lee Greenwoods.
Speaker 3: He did God Bless the US in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: He played the entire song and all of the Saudis remained standing the entire time.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's not the national anthem. Now. This is when it is he on the base here.
Speaker 4: This is when he was in shad Okay, get trouble song role, I'm coming to kill it now.
Speaker 3: So they played the whole song. He had to stand there the whole time doing that.
Speaker 4: Decited to stand there. He could have he could have gone and talked, but he decides to say, you know what, I'm proud to be an American. I'm in Saudi Arabia here, But I am proud to be an American.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: And I thought that was awesome. And is it weird seeing the guys with the the towels on their heads hold their cell phones up and record it like they're at a concert.
Speaker 3: Well you think people that wear that kind of garb can't use a cell phone.
Speaker 4: Well, they're recording Trump just standing there listening to the song, which I think about that big moment for them, huge moment.
Speaker 3: Now let me tell you would have been better. Now go back to win it because now we've got the security a lot. We like it, not like out on the road. I needed Trump to ride out on the camel. Absolutely, you really want the money. God, I wanted to want to camel so bad in that suit? Can I can? I say? Though? Back to the deal, I understand they're showing some they're trying to be in good with America, which Trump, by the way, don't ever doubt that he's the reason for that. They feel much different about him and fear him rightfully, so, so they're doing this deal. But right now, basically we've convinced the Sawdies to do a deal with a company that's struggling. I mean, they don't hear about this. What I want to spend that kind of money with a company that can't seem to get to even the air Force one upgrades finished?
Speaker 4: I mean, what is going on in Boeing?
Speaker 3: Me? Oh my goodness. I so we just got them to cut a deal with a company doesn't seem to be doing a very good job. Ask Big Face and hair DA to see what they think. That was Boeing that got them stranded back to the astronauts for those from the Boeing plane ain't done great. So maybe this order will will turn things around. That's that was the celebration.
Speaker 8: The world is that that this investment in this size order will and will help the company. Well, not if they can't meet the well, I'm just saying maybe it helps.
Speaker 3: Them with hiring. And now I don't know, I don't know what I'm talking about. We go to our airline expert.
Speaker 4: Here here I will say this and this is Rand Paul's words, not mine. The At that Saudi Arabia Investment Forum, Trump gave a speech and he denounced Western intervention and uh the so called nation builders, which is the United States. He's he is bashing the foreign policy of the past of the United States, starting pointless wars uh fighting on behalf of the military industrial complex, not the American people, the country, not the actual country. And Trump's speech that he gave in Saudi Arabia, like I said, Rand Paul calls that just as historic as when Reagan gave the mister Gorbachev tear down this wall speed.
Speaker 3: Whoa, I'm cool with it.
Speaker 4: I'm great with that.
Speaker 3: That feels a little little, a little strong. I haven't heard it, so I won't know. So delivers the story and then lets you know he's cool with it, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 8: Well you brought the thousand pounds sisters in, buddy, Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: That happened, Greg and I have contributed this conversation with a thousand pounds sister contribution and my desire to see Trump on the camel right right.
Speaker 4: Your reference is Amy or Tammy or whatever.
Speaker 3: Amy. Amy's won't get by the camel.
Speaker 4: My reference is Rand Paul, just different.
Speaker 3: Stro different is different is And Adler is going to work in that military it was it was an industrial complex. Yeah, he's gonna work.
Speaker 4: That in and the pharmaceutical industrial complex too.
Speaker 3: There he is there. I am right, he's cool with it.
Speaker 8: Somebody is saying on text Nation that when when Trump landed, they also had a mobile McDonald's set up.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that, but no, if they make the hamburger down the camel meat. Do you want to hear Rand Paul say this? He doesn't talk like R F K JR. He's and by the way, he's very critical of most everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he's a libertarian. Yeah, but I'm just saying for him to say this, that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Here's ONNK brand Paul, what did you think of that?
Speaker 10: Pretty amazing? You know, there have been so many times when I've heard President Trump speak or seen his actions on foreign policy that have been, oh, my goodness, is the best president we have had in my lifetime.
Speaker 16: And I thought he sounded almost like Washington at that point. He's just like, do yourself. We're not here to tell you what to do.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard that ever from any president.
Speaker 10: And this is why the bushwing hates Donald Trump so much. Establishment because these are the people who wanted to spend freedom at the point of a gun everywhere, and they thought we were going to shape the world for democracy, which is sort of a leftover Woodrow Wilson idea. But no, this is the part of Donald Trump I completely embrace and encourage and will defend and depend on a daily basis.
Speaker 16: So I said earlier today that I thought that part of that speech was as significant as the Gorbacheff tear down this Wall speech.
Speaker 1: Degree or disagree, I.
Speaker 10: Agree, it's incredibly significant to say, you know, we've we developed these relationships not by bosting around the world, not by intervening, but by basically, you know, trading and intermed and use the word trade we could have, but basically having trading good relations with these countries that developed themselves.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't have to either. How jealous are you of the mechanical slide camera that cast the slider?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm on the Glenn Back Show Friday. Yeah awesome. So as soon as our show ends, I'll be running out to go beyond with Glenn Beck. That's tomorrow. Is that tomorrow? That's Tomorrow's Friday?
Speaker 4: Friday?
Speaker 3: That's tomorrow Friday. If you're listening, these weeks fly when you're having a good time. So so yeah, so I'll be on with Back tomorrow on the live radio show. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. He doesn't that CD. He just likes things to be a certain way. Rick Burshous, thanks for being.
Speaker 3: With us today America. Having a blast as the norm, keeping you updated on what's going on around the country, around the world, and also having a blast with things that are just going on with our lives and interacting with all of you out there. It's a blast. Thanks you doing a great job. Thank you text Nation, thank you emailers, and thank all of you that are listening and watching and participating. We really are thankful that you're here every day. Relief Factor, I hope a lot of you have found this great product, relief Factor all natural for botanicals. For botanicals you can, I mean it is all natural. You got I Karen Kerkcumin risveratrol, and you also got an Omega three in there, and all of these we know do a good job. I was actually talking to Jeff Lopez, you know, our favorite physical therapist, and he's all about that. He said, yeah, all those things are great for information, really are. So if inflammation is the problem, then go to relieffactor dot com. Relieffactor dot com. We get three weeks supply. Why we getting three weeks, Rick, I'm to tell you what, because we're going after inflammation. We're not masking the pain. A lot of products mask but you have to keep taking them taking them that's not good for you and they're not even designed that way. And then you got the opioids and all the addictive problems with that. Raja hampers and opioids destroy people's lives. Hands are up, so all natural. If it's inflammation, this will do it. And that's not gonna be overnight, but once it gets to it, it's gonna eradicate it for good. I love this product. Go to relief Factor dot com. Relief Factor dot com and get your three weeks supply for nineteen ninety five. You can also call them if you prefer one eight hundred the number four relief and put them to work for you. Now, we had this experience yesterday and it's not a pleasant experience. Some of you say that you were, you know, laughing pretty hard when you heard us dealing with it. And this is the issue with dogs. You know, dogs, they can be a great companion, man's best friend, A bit of a hyperbolieve there. But they are. They're great companions, they're wonderful, but they're animals. They're not human, no matter how much we try to make them human. And one of the things is they're not overly modest, no when it comes to their breeding and when it comes to their relieving of themselves. And we had that happen. We had one huncred down right there during the broadcast, sadly when we all had connecta sausage. But it was a working police dog. It was a working police dog. But still when you gotta go, when you gotta go. But restrooms not a big thing with them, No Rick, wherever they're at, it's gonna happen. Well, uh, it can happen. Also in minor league baseball. Minor league baseball, we have a baseball bat.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: Dog goes out and gets the bats. Everybody loves a dog. Dogs a lot of fun. But the dog goes out there right behind home plate in nature unfortunately called and the dog hunkers down for the fish. Yeah, so here we go.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: I'm hunkering down, not not gonna be picking. If you ever noticed when the dog's hunkering they all get that same look on their face. Yeah, be a little bit embarrassed by but they're not sure what to do about it. That guy right there, that guy right there is a pro the low man on then wow, doesn't he have a glove? I think sauld we not use a glove. But you ever know, they all have that same look on their face. They're kind of looking around like, I don't know what you want me to do?
Speaker 9: Is there?
Speaker 3: This is the best I can do here? By the way, some other stories today anybody. Now, it's not that we don't have these in our part of the world, but I have had these, uh on my travels, and that is the In and Out Burger. Well, what's the nearest in and Out Burger we would have as sub Nashville? Maybe they do? We have an Atlanta? Anybody got an Atlanta? Nashville? I had. The only time I've ever been was in Dallas. Okay, so that was it. That's kind of getting closer. Mine was actually in California. Okay, Okay, there you go, your bells behind that coffee we go. But now In and Out Burger has announced a major menu switch, changing the ingredients of a few of its beverages. Now I don't even know. Uh, I'm not familiar with I'm not that familiar with in and out. I understand there that they are actually people of faith, though, did you know that kind of they're they're kind of a kind of little Burger chick file ash like with scripture and stuff on some of their items. Am I confusing them with someone? And I think? Am I really out there on the limb right now? But anyway, it says that they're going to remove the artificial coloring r f K Junior, thank you. Yeah. From Adler's enthusiasm for the make America healthy again, I mean, he is so excited about that, and for good reason, Adam, we all some of the stuff we need to deal with. That's why he drinks out of that iron jug he brings in Yes, plastics y if you're if you were into their strawberry shake and their signature, I didn't know that pink lemonade.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And there's something else I don't even know what it. I'd even anounce that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: It says that they are taking the artificial flavors out. Uh. And they're going to remove these dyes and make these drinks with higher quality ingredients. Another win for make America healthy again.
Speaker 4: Closest in and out. It looks like it's Houston, ten hours and twenty three minutes from us.
Speaker 3: Let's go load it up.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the dies, and it's RFK Junior. And I know you guys are going to struggle with his voice, but yeah, can't you just tell us it's a great clip. And he totally owns the lady that's trying.
Speaker 3: To exist the argument yesterday? Yeah, I went back, try to argue with that voice. Are we going to listen at regular speed?
Speaker 4: This is at one point twenty five speed?
Speaker 3: I think, are here okay?
Speaker 4: And this is fantastic RFK. In the hearings in the last few days, it's been nuts, but here he is.
Speaker 17: Anybody thinks that we did gold standard medicine in this country from these institutions, look at our children as the sickest children in the world. Or you say that you excuse me, harmers meant to Laura. You say that you've worked for twenty years. I'm getting foods eye out.
Speaker 3: Give me credit. I got it out in one hundred days. True.
Speaker 17: All right, So let's work together and do something that we all believe in, which is have a healthy kids in our country, for God's sake, miss miss Dean together. It's not there's no such thing as Republican children and democratic children. That's right, There's just kids, and we should all be cared to be concerned with them.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, let me sac watching it. I know you because you just you're're just you're just pulling for him every word. But what I feel like when I'm talking, by the way, yes, okay, but but I have to say that that is shut up juice. When he says, see, and he's right, what the government normally does is pretend to care and then and then take no action. He said, if we really thought these dies were bad, why didn't we get them removed? I got it done in one hundred days. That's it. So you say one thing, but then you don't you don't move to action. So all right. People are saying that In and Out Burger does have scriptures and also at a place called cookout does that too?
Speaker 5: Oh cool?
Speaker 12: I love cookout?
Speaker 3: I know where that is the one in Jackson.
Speaker 4: We've got some of them, got one in Jackson.
Speaker 3: I don't like the food. They're also changing the condiments and in and out Burger two, I forgot about that. It is because of the Make America Help Again.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you can find that link there. You can find it at Rick Burgessshow dot com. You also can find it at Burgessministries dot com. Those three websites are the only place you can go to get a signed copy. Now, the sign copy is not a big deal to you. You can grab the book everywhere and thanks to all of you who have, and thanks for the reviews that are already coming in. Also another opportunity. I'll be on the road this weekend. What an honor to go to Prattwell, Alabama, the home of I ninety two w l WI, and there are a big men's event at Pratful First Methodist Church coming up this weekend. I'll get the opportunity to speak for the session that kind of wraps it up before they go into some small groups somewhere around eleven eleven thirty on Saturday. And just found out yesterday because they're just now available, that they also will have copies of Men Don't Run in the rain available there and men, I'll be happy to sign those for you if you so desire, So looking forward to that on Saturday for your attending that event. Going on. Okay, some other things, now any luck Adler, did you find someone? Okay? Short video, there's a lot of language though. Right as soon as we announced if you're just joining us. Earlier in the program, we announced that this Pete Rose thing that I know was always a big point that Bubba was talking about all the time. It's like Bubba wanted to work to get Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame and so finally, but now you have to die. That's the sad part true, but your family can benefit, apparently the new commissioner has said once once somebody's dead, anything that was keeping them from being considered. That's an important part that you mentioned, Greg and the break that we need to remember or Speedy one of them are both of you. All this means is he now can be considered. Doesn't mean I'm get the votes, but now Pete Rose can be considered, can be every everything that was wrong with you keeping you out died with you. Is basically what it sounds like us like this commission means shee less Joe Jackson can now be considered for the Hall of Fame. Those had just a little bit of a we get it. Yeah, so now there's people started telling us. Then, hey, y'all got to find Barry Bonds. He's not happy about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to play this clip because I'm not sure. I'm actually not sure if it's legit.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, aah was this one of these where somebody together, could he I be tampering? Could be?
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: You make a great point.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find any legitimate sports page to talk about this, okay. And uh, and so I just went straight to searching for the video. But now that I've found the video, I don't know if it's if it's legit or not. And that's the level that AI has gotten.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, let's stay out of it. Then let's until we until we know. Okay, let let's stay out of it. I'm glad you caught that.
Speaker 4: In this clip, though he makes some good points that he's like, he's got the most home runs and all this stuff, and and he but this clip, what what what source are you looking at? This says Barry Bonds is not having a text message. Okay, just the text message.
Speaker 3: Text Nation has been texting about it since we made that announcement about three they have.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah what earlier. Yeah, I think it's the same person. Scroll back, No person now saying it is definitely AI. Yeah, you gotta watch text Nation. They'll they'll they'll jump out there to catch it. Adler almost played it, but I caught it you in text Nation. I love text Nations. We love them too, and sometimes they bring great information. Sometimes they're shooting ready aim. Yeah, that's that's the problem with instant the instant ability to chime in. Think about it. You know, there's a whole family out there wishes you would slowed down a little bit. True. That's a good point. Okay, Rick, I got a text a little grad on the bird being eaten alive. Oh another clip that was showed, Uh, you know last of the bird watcher. She saw its bird. I was hoping she wouldn't watch. She was watching. You wouldn't think that might be being horrified. She claims she would have climbed the tree and choked the hawk out. But the hawks a bird too. Maybe that's some meat eating bird. You got bird on bird trauma. Here, I'm with you. So she's picking a bird I would pick, frankly, the bird of prey. I was hoping she wouldn't watch. I find thought, find the bird, to get the cute little little bird. But the majesty of these birds of prey to say, she was horrified. Sorry, Leelee so, and we've got to show it again now to break it. And Leely knows this. You know, the survival rate for the little baby birds just like it's not. I've seen when they first leave the nest and they can kind of fly. Oh boy, they're they're sitting ducks. No pun intended. It was one of my dogs. I can't remember which one it was. Oh no, gret it wasn't It wasn't pretty. Now I see things at the farm involving baby birds all the time. Yeah, there is tough for them making.
Speaker 4: How about eagles or jerks? They are bald, eagles are jerks.
Speaker 3: I mean they are rough, but what I mean, But but that's their that's their deal. I believe in her mind, you got meat eating birds and bird seed birds, and I think she falls in the bird seed category. That's okay. She doesn't she didn't like a bird to prey. The fact that snatched it right off the side of a car is impressive. They don't care where it is. You don't see that line, you know what I'm saying. You're sitting in your car and you go, oh, the birds on my window and not the walls. Now, now the women, I'll see it now on text Nation. They're joining Leelee. One woman said, I screamed at the TV. That was so rude. But but do we just want the bird to pray to starve? I know, I mean he's just being a bird.
Speaker 8: Have you Have you seen the video of the little squirrel that somebody found. It was a little baby squirrel and they were gonna set it free, and they put it on the side of a tree and a cat come running up and snatch that thing.
Speaker 3: And you can and that that cat's got into my house and tell you, hey, what's your cat? They'll be violent and break your heart. The little squirrel didn't know what to do, is going and that thing snatched it right off. He's doing the squirrel Yeah, yeah, you know it's a big It was like yeah, yeah, I was like and you could tell it had been nursing it.
Speaker 4: They were like, you know, he took it back.
Speaker 3: They're like, put him out in the wise. Yeah, somebody taking it from textation. You know, there are my people. They said that Lily wouldn't like outload Josie Wells what he said, Buzzer's got You're right. What we're gonna do with him, Josie, Buzzer's got to eat. That's it. I love it. That's a great movie.
Speaker 4: Here's an eagle stealing a fisherman's catch.
Speaker 2: Hurt.
Speaker 3: Now, look at they say, the rude look at that. Oh they set the hook, set the hook on him. No, hey, let me tell you. They they look at me at the farm and they tell me too bad. So sad fishermen they take fish out of that pond all the time. How smart was he left that fisherman bring it up and then he come got it?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, he'd probably been sitting there looking, he said, always just got to hear him catch him. A lot smarter than some little baby bird.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the little baby bird not very smart. It's just kind of out there. God love them. I don't know how any of them survive because there's a lot of big birds out there. I know, I don't know how they survive. They just don't let they have much of a chance. They always look like they've been pushed out of the nest just a little soon, and they bounce around down there, and I mean dog white flying. They'll come back and they can't quite then they'll sit there and look around on the ground. I'm like, it's one thing that where's mister buddy. We've got a place. We walked not far from the house, because you know, we try to do a little better. And every time the ducks start having ducklings, I mean.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 3: I mean I look down and cherylby so excited. Oh look, there's like ten of them. I said, not for long. Yeah, And then we'll come back down there. You'll say the same duck she's got four. Yeah. The turkeys at the house, they'll have the little pots with them and so turkey pot. Okay, yeah, listen, they'll have like ten, and then you'll see them again they'll have like four. Right. It's tough. Yeah, it's rough being a baby bird. It just ain't. That's fine. That'll handle walk by and they'll be right behind. I told you the time, and you know what else to take out a duck largemouth bass, it'll take Oh, it'll knock a duckling right off the top of the water. I saw it one time. You get attacked from below. Oh yeah, and it was it was something to see. I bet I felt so bad because to come out of the water. A little duckling got spooked off the off the shore. Oh god, love it. It's now what's it doing. It's padding on top of the water like a top waterloo. And that thing was gone. Sounds like a large mouth took it out. But we also, you know, on the Burgess Bass Battle coming up Memorial Day weekend to the YouTube channel, we we dug a lot of franklins out of those bass.
Speaker 4: We did a lot of turtles.
Speaker 3: The turtles up. Oh yes, they were so uh you know, it's it's a predator. The largemouth bass is a pretty impressive predator. Yeah, it is. It really is.
Speaker 4: If you're one of those big predators, you kind of have license to be a jerk, you know, like the world is mine, I'm I'm an apex and deal with it. What are you going to do about it? Nature is metal, you know.
Speaker 3: That's why you call it? Are you back to nature? Is the medal? Again your way all the way back there the the the detext nation wants to know what Lily thought about Randy Johnson when she would have felt bad for the bird. Yeah, I thought that a pigeon, you know, in my mind, I was like, that is awesome. I have no feelings for pigeons. Do you does legally like pigeons anything? A pigeon? Probably? You tell me the rats of the bird work, they carried Legionnaire's disease.
Speaker 8: Oh, this is a classic when that the ones where the doves were released on the side of them, then they let them.
Speaker 3: Go in and eighteen whillikee bines and watch watch random we're watching. Yeah, the timing that had to take place right here. We're watching it right now on the U. And yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's like a pillow fight. That is insane, man, And that's two thousand and one that happened. It's a great amount of feathers.
Speaker 3: That's a great moment in baseball. Yeah, I mean that's solid bam people feeling. And also somebody said they just found some footage of Barry Bonds actually killing the hawk that killed the baby bird. Be mad about it. We'll be back. What about on string phone calls. Anybody digging that? Bullok said, we missed any stories, and if not, you may get your shot. Eight eight eight and six Big Box is the.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show. One eight eight eight six Big Fox.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here we go, Here we go, all right, America. Unstringed phone calls the number eight eight eight, the number six Big Box, and we'll take them one by one. We'll roll through them. And if you're listening and you're dialing up, you hear it ringing. That's all right. We see that we got ten lines, so we try to get as many of you in as we possibly can. By the way, and I'm glad to see Halle Berry step up. Thank you. By the way, halle Berry, who's going down this road? Somebody? There must be people trying to do it. Somebody asks Halle Barry at the at the Cannes Film Festival, did they think that James Bond the character should ever be played by a woman. She was a former Bond girl. She said, I don't know if double O seven really should be a woman. It's nice to say, oh, she should be a woman, you know, like they're saying, she's going, I know that you know what she's saying. Greg halle Berry is saying to women. I know some of y'all trying to be sharp by saying that. Yes, yeah, yeah, that's a fact. But I I don't think that's the right thing to do. Yeah, let me use it's not using it not. Just keep thinking some things just like they are. Bond is a dude, and that's the way it's always going to get. It's okay. Remember when they tried to do the female Ghostbusters. Yeah, I did that go flop? So I didn't see it. Did you did not? Would can't? Would you? I can't? Well, just wondering y'all will watch stuff? Okay, we continue, Here we go, uh, unscreen phone calls. Uh, let's get started. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. On unscreen phone calls. It's your time going?
Speaker 7: Oh Rick, what is the name of the airplane company that made the plane that they gave the Trump?
Speaker 3: Here we go. Oh, I don't know you people don't like how they the b company? Oh no, that that boying. But that's not true, right because the one that the one that saudis gave Trump though. Isn't from them?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: They don't like how you're saying.
Speaker 4: He's making fun of how you say bowing.
Speaker 3: I know, but he but he was factually wrong about him making the contract that he gave. You should have that was given by cod Was it with all boeing? Yes, boeing, Yeah, there you go, bowing, bowing.
Speaker 4: Bowing, not boing boying.
Speaker 3: Been performing lately, maybe it is boeing.
Speaker 4: It's not a big deal.
Speaker 15: Good like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always fun doing the show. Here comes the word police. Right, oh man, t thank you twice yesterday said that weird. I keep trying to hear that you're saying that. I'm kind of mad that I can't hear it. I say boeing, that's how.
Speaker 4: That's what I heard you say bowing one time one time.
Speaker 3: You normally say boeing. Yeah, I'm just thankful, okay.
Speaker 4: And then Greg saw some peanuts and he was like, boing.
Speaker 3: He's got his hair down. You got to watch that one lately. Yeah, good peanuts. We continue peanuts. Your own unscreened Phoe calls go ahead.
Speaker 12: Is read from proud Jill. I just want to say, looking forward to seeing Rick on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Thanks man, are you coming. I'm looking forward to that too. That's gonna be great, Yes, sir, I'll be there all right. Well, I look forward to meeting you. I hope we get to hang out, yes sir, Thank you, buddy, uh and hopefully all join us. Check those details at the Man Church dot Common Events. Rick Birder's show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Good morning, guys. Got a quick question. I've had a rough week. I've had two college graduations and I got a high school graduation tonight. But it's my youngest daughter, youngest child, and done with high school. I need some suggestions on what to do with my time now.
Speaker 3: Oh well here's but well, yeah you will because they'll go off to college. You're about to go to empty nest. Can I tell you something, Oh, empty nest is fantastic. I know these graduations are hard, and wrapping up all this is hard, but oh empty nest. Oh you're gonna love empty nest. I tell you what you're gonna fill your time with is everything that you can't do right now because you're too busy with all your kids. That's right, Yeah, I mean you're gonna fish a little bit. You and your wife are gonna get to go on dates more. You know what, you can say. Your wife can literally walk through the house say hey, what do you think about going so and so now? And you're like, yeah, let's go. That's it. Not what about the kids? What the kid's gonna eat? Well, we gonna do that. So and so we've got some idiot kids coming over to spend the night. Rigg idiot kids. Oh yeah, you ever had that? Your kids bring people over and you're like, oh, they spend the night, and so this is this is gonna be a wonderful freedom. Every stage of life is wonderful and should be enjoyed. But you're gonna love this empty nest is fantastic. I tell what, You're gonna do anything you want to.
Speaker 9: Now, if I can just talk the middle daughter into taking the dog with her when she moves.
Speaker 3: Up, Oh yeah, don't get left with that dog. So we got left with the dog, and we gave it away because you can't. You can't be free. You can't be freezing on that dog's there. No, that's right. Yeah, I have a going Thank you buddy, good luck. Yeah, hey, I wonder I'm gonna do all my free time, here's something, anything you want to pay, anything you want to do, or nothing. They don't get stuck with that dog? Dog? Hey yeah, let's do that. Whon't we run? Yeah, they'd be great. W What is goool for? Like for a weekend? Oh oh, what about the dog? What about love poop? We're gonna take it. Were gonna take a little poo poop with us?
Speaker 4: What about.
Speaker 3: Are better? Yet? Let's bring him over to some out's house and make them deal with him. Yeah. I really think we all got to check ourselves on that one. Yeah, especially if you if you don't really know how the people feel about it. If you've got your own pet, that's your own business, and enjoy them and take care of them and enjoy it. But if you go on the road to some out's place, don't be bringing you past week. Do you remember that? Yeah? Right? Oh yeah. Our sister had some big old dog. My grandmother was a pet bringer, she was. I didn't care for it, but I was terrified ever, so I didn't say nothing the dog. Remember though, We'd sit there and you know, boy, they were a little a big old lab coming in getting under your feet, knocking kids over, knocking kids over, Todder's crying tail, just black knocking everything over that giant tail, screaming as loud as he can through through the waves, acting I'm an animal. I should be outdoors, sitting down, licked themselves in front of the whole room. God didn't make animals. God didn't make animals to be in houses that're not designed for it. Till thing too is that they don't have any pants on. That's my biggest problem. That's a bad thing. Oh look, go to scooting on your rug. Unscreen phone calls. You're on the rick Burgers Show. Bring it in and get that.
Speaker 10: Gland clay bells ring?
Speaker 14: Are you listening in the lane? Design is blistering, but beauty as sight. We're happy you and I walking in our winter underwear.
Speaker 3: Enough, Larry, I think he cracked himself even talking about what I mean it even meanularry unscreened phone calls. You're on the rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Okay, I've got to hear Beth bowing staying boeing.
Speaker 3: Now what a great deal that Trump's with the sawties with bing. Somebody's got to get a buying how's that?
Speaker 7: Oh that's perfect, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: What a strange audience. Yeah, but why would he be seeing that at all in this time of year? Was under We had to get that under our line. But it was still first time.
Speaker 6: I know it was.
Speaker 4: It didn't make sense, but I thought I was one of them.
Speaker 3: It was Carolyn laughing at about nine. You must not be sing it, sing it, Larry. We'll be back some of you. It'll be tomorrow. So thanks for being with us. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.