Speaker 1: The volume and hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another It's been one of them. It's been one of the days, Joe Oh John's been one of the day.
Speaker 2: It's been one of the days.
Speaker 1: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I am your favorite uncle, my partner and co host, Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame honoree pro bowler All Pro. That's Chad oh Yo Sinko Johnson and joining us to discuss all things basketball. The third member of the group, I sold Joe Arkansas native University of Arkansas alum Joe Johnson. Joe, thank you for joining us again today. We really really appreciate that. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button. Guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts, every subscriber matter, and we want to thank you personally for helping us matter. Two years we started this thing, Oh Joe and I and had no idea we were gonna be able to go as high as quickly as we did. We can't thank you enough. Because of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth, you helped Nightcap become must listen to, must watch podcasting. So we want to thank each and every one of you that's been here from the duration and those that just got signed on. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stop now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Is the best tasting B sop cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it.
Speaker 2: Try it.
Speaker 1: You will not be disappointed. Please drank responsible and stay safe. Make sure you go follow my media company page on all of its platform shay Shape Media at my Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. All right, Joe, this is a topic right up your alley. The Athletic Reporter that over the course of the season, the Knicks grew increasingly frustrated with cast defensive habits. Publicly, Knicks players made veil comments all season about poor communications, causing their inconsistency. Behind the scenes, They and coaches expressed frustrations with towns defensive habits, less concerned with his talent level and more with the process on that end. Too often, Towns executed incorrect coverages without communicating why he did it. After it became a theme, players word, Towns didn't a grasp the importance of the matter, the ability to constructively critique became a point of emphasis. Joe, It's hard for me to believe Timms having coached Cat in Minnesota, now he's coaching him in New York.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to believe he didn't know what he was trading for.
Speaker 1: Floors yours, Nah, I think I think he definitely knew, you know, what he was trading for, what they was gonna get out of Cat. Now, I understand they want him to be more of an anchor, you know, for that defense, you know, because he's the big guy. He's the last line of defense. Sim Butt Tall. Yeah, he's the last line of defense, unk O, Choe and I guess they expect more of a prisons out of him from being in the paint, from when guys coming in there alterranch shots, blocking shots.
Speaker 2: They wanted to play both fans on the floor.
Speaker 1: Man, they wanted to be a two way big, not just a big who come down, pick and pop and shoot three.
Speaker 2: But he's never but Joe, He's never been that.
Speaker 1: Don't I mean, if you buy something chat, no matter what you buy, shouldn't you have an idea of what you're purchasing. I don't buy a shower curtain hoping. I'm saying, you know what, man, this w a duveate. That's not what I bought it for. You have to understand when you purchase something, what exactly am I purchasing And I'm by purchasing it for the reasons. So when I'm looking at I'm like, You're like, you're asking Cat to be something that he's not.
Speaker 2: Cat has never been a defensive anchor.
Speaker 1: Cat has never really concerned himself about back in because why defense, No matter how great your defense is, more times than not, in basketball, it's all about the offense. It's all about guys that can shoot the three, that can put the ball in the basket at a high clip, not somebody that can block four or five shots a game.
Speaker 2: Goheto Joe.
Speaker 3: Now I'm getting to ask, Now we all understand I'm gonna use in football terms. You understand as a head coach, Tims in this matter, you understand your player strengths and weaknesses.
Speaker 2: You saying that, and I hear all the time.
Speaker 3: When it comes to basketball in this era that they don't play that much defense. I know you understand that Cat is an offensive player. You understand that he's a liability on the defensive end. And you got him simply for that very reason. And I don't think he's not a You didn't get him, you know, for a defensive prowess despite him being seven be tall.
Speaker 2: You know that's not what he does. Hey, listen said, where where's the issue coming from? And you know what, you know what you signed up for. I ain't saying he got to be this stopper.
Speaker 1: He ain't got to beat god Burn, but he gotta have some interest on the defensive end. Fellas, he can't just play offense. Like to whom much is giving much to require? It's at giving the Cat they wanted to step up and play both fans of the floor. Man, you gotta be a presidence down that defensively and offensively.
Speaker 3: Joe, if he have done that, you think he's gonna snap his fingers and all of a sudden he gonna be a defensive stopper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get me some interest on the end of the floor. Oh Joe, No, No, the coverage know what we're doing. You know, I ain't saying you gotta step up there and block four five shots a game, but you gotta be in tuned with the defensive coverages, talking to the guards because they can't see you. The last line of defense. You got you the ankor back there. You gotta call out the coverages and all that. Yes, it's a lot. We ask a lot of the bigs and and it's it's a tough job. But he's one big who can do it. Do you hear what you just said.
Speaker 3: It's a tough job, and you say he's one big that can do it, But he doesn't do it because he understands, depending on how much he exerts on the defense end is going to take away from what he can.
Speaker 2: Do on the office end. So we gotta get in better shade. We gotta get some shape, or so we gotta get in better shape. Show you preached it to the choir. I agree with you, And yeah, he gotta get in better shave.
Speaker 1: In the last five games of the series, a seven foot guy had zero blocks. Let that think it for just a second. Yes, chat, you heard me correctly. In games two through six, Kat had zero blocks. So that's five games. So you mean to tell me, at seven foot tall, you couldn't block.
Speaker 2: You couldn't block.
Speaker 1: Nim Hard or a niece Smith or somebody or a saka, somebody coming into the bank. Not one person. You couldn't get, no one. But like, hey, get that out of here. That's That's what I'm talking about, just having to talk at some point in time. You see, see, defense is all about effort. It's just like blocking for a wide receiver in the run game. It's all about effort. Blocking, period, is about effort. If you don't give, if you don't give a d it's gonna show. You can look at the teams that run the ball. You tell me aj Brown, you tell me DeVonta Smith, you tell me the guys in Baltimore ain't blocking. You don't get those kind of backs running for those kind of yards. If your wide receivers are not blocking, the offensive line job is to get him to the line of scrimmage. A lot of times untouched. After that, it is the wide receiver's job to knock people off it to make sure a I'm gonna make your pursuer. I'm gonna excuse me the way we blood, O Joe. We made you a chaser, not a pursuer. So you're gonna be in a trail position because we've already cut you off from the angle, so you're not pursuing. You're not gonna catch him at an angle. You're gonna have to chase him down from behind.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, O Joe. Got a question, Joe, and uh, y'all know better than I do.
Speaker 1: What year is cat in? Cat got to be in like year eight. Cat came out in what sixteen or seventeen? So he year eleven eleven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he going into year eleven. Yeah, he just finished your teen.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's going into year eleven. So he's played ten years already. So we've seen the simple size enough of a simple size of what type of player Cat is. Yeah, understood what you were getting. Now we're going in the year eleven, and now we complaining about him not giving effort and hustle on the defense end when he's never done it before.
Speaker 1: But the difference is the problem. And Joe correct me if I'm wrong. Is that when he played with the Timberwolves, they didn't really they got That's why they got Rudy, so Rudy could take up because they knew Cat wasn't gonna be a real protector.
Speaker 2: They knew he wasn't gonna be a help, so that's why they got Rooty.
Speaker 1: Now you go to Now, you go to the Knicks, and you get a Josh Hart, and you got a o g Ananobi, and you got a Michael Bridges.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: We just need you to do a little We're not asking you to do everything that Don Elijah one did. We're not asking you to be Mark Eaton. We're not asking you to be big Ben Wallace, bro. But just just a little effort. Just care, just pretend you care. Yeah, I agree, I agree, Uh okay, I hold yall. I know he was he and yeah eleven, I'm sure the Knicks brought him man, you know, for for his offensive parales, but defensively, he just gotta show more interest on the defensive.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, y'all, can't tell me Kak move his feet, stay with guards, block shots.
Speaker 2: He can do it.
Speaker 1: If he wants to, he just chooses not to, because, yeah, you have to exert a lot of energy on the end of the floor and try to save yourself for offenses.
Speaker 2: Tough, you know what, but the thing gills on.
Speaker 1: Yo. They used to make you exert energy to come get that damn check. Now they made a direct deposit. They made it easy.
Speaker 2: So now nobody got to take their ass upstairs to go to payroll.
Speaker 1: When I first got to the league, you had to walk your layer's ass upstairs to the window.
Speaker 3: Even if it's direct positive too, and we're gonna open it right there. I need I need, I need over mine right there on the spot. I need to see how much it is. I need to see how much came out, and I need to see what went in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, they got everything out of minds.
Speaker 1: Okay, tickets, you got to extra hotel room, they got all that stuff right now, everything like damn tickets caught this. But hey, ain't nobody going to the game no more. It's it's different when you see that paper and you see them minuses on there, you're like, hold on, hold yeah, absolutely. But New York in the regular season defense was almost three points better per hundred possessions with.
Speaker 2: Towns on the bench. That's what I mean. Look, I had a.
Speaker 1: Fabulous I sat down and talked with him this past summer last summer, and it was great.
Speaker 2: Sitting down and talking to him. And I know he's gone through a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, he lost his mom the COVID and you know she was in the hospital and he had and I understand he's great in the community, but Cat, you got to care more on the defensive end because it's just it's all about and you have to understand where I am.
Speaker 2: It's like a situation.
Speaker 1: Oh like, look, there's certain situations you got to blend in in if I know, hey, when I go to the barbershop, I go in the hood, I ain't all flashing.
Speaker 2: I got to blend de in. Right.
Speaker 1: You go to New York and you know they're are defensive teams. Look at what they have, So you got to blend in. I'm not saying all of a sudden you turn into Rudy Gobert. I'm not saying you turn into Winby. But like Joe said, just care just a little, just the little effort.
Speaker 3: I got one more question, Let's what's that next year? And eleven he changes losing low weight right and becomes a defensive stopper as well. Then we're gonna be complaining about his office of game falling off and saying he's lost a step or we can't shoot no more, or he can't be down in the block.
Speaker 1: Why did it have to be See, they're not mutually exclusive. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
Speaker 2: Right drop off? I mean no, Listen, something has to give Joe.
Speaker 3: You know that if he hasn't done it for this long and then he all of a sudden he goes into year eleven, you know what, I'm gonna try to give effort on the defense end and pay attention to it. I'm gonna listen to Uncle, I'm gonna listen to Joe. You know it's gonna suffer him on the office end. Would y'all be upset if his offense have played declines? I'm just curious because no, But here's the thing to o Jo.
Speaker 1: Now he might get some easy baskets now all of a sudd because guess what I see you working?
Speaker 2: What are the code a? What coach of fee? You do it? Hey?
Speaker 1: They see you throw a good block block for Corey dialing. Now all of a sudden, they o, Joe, Hey, we got he played for ya, Joe. Now I gotta reward your effort than God. You gave me an effort on one end which I wasn't expected. Now I've got to reward you on the end that I expect you to give it to me. So I got to make sure. Hey man, let me go get back. Three quick passes right quick way, hit it with that spot, hit with a stock route. I'm gon hit him with that speed out and I know he want that skinny. So she's a skinny post. We call him it's a skinny. Some people call him a bang eight you take seven stops in his bang. Or you call it a glance because hey, you throw the seven steps and you just glanced inside the balls right there.
Speaker 2: Or we call it the skinny post. Joe, So a severn step post. Sure's load nine beload the numbers. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 4: I don't want to deal with the two yards outside of the numbers. Yeah, okay, okay, I don't want to deal with this outside put outside foot back. Hey listen, I think if he if I think if he comes back in some better shade. Uh, he can be lead on both ends. White can't be lead on both fends. Okay, oh Joe, it ain't but a few bigs in the NBA that we ain't gat but a few.
Speaker 2: It's only a few.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you got three ye that can really play offense. You got him, you got Embiid, you got Yo kich. I talk about true biggs, I'm talking about five. I mean, he looks at himself as a stretch five, a D obviously a D, but a defense he's a four with that being fan. So let's just let's include a D, a D, Joel, Embiid, nicolea jokicch Cat. Who are your other big that can score? Whom w Wimben's out? I mean, Womby really ain't trying to bang.
Speaker 2: Womy, I'm gonna say, Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So let even if we include Wimbley Wimby, we got five, really five bigs that can score right.
Speaker 2: Other than so, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just saying, Oh Joe, it's not like he normally, unless he plays one of those guys, he has an advantage. He's not going against Joel and bid and normally if they're going against Joel and bid.
Speaker 2: Mister Robinson's gonna be on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, he might have to go and if he goes against yo, kiss, mister Robinson's gonna be on it.
Speaker 2: So with that being said.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying just just a little, I mean, and I get it, because it's easy to fall into that trap, O Joe. When you start having success, Joe on one end of the court, a lot of times you say the hell with the other end. Because I've been there, started catching a few passes. Man, listen, damn that blocking.
Speaker 2: Hey, Oh Joe, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta put my face basket down, my hand, my knuckles getting off all beat up.
Speaker 2: The hell with that? Listen listen.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, when I was in Phoenix, bro, look, I did anything to stay on the floor. Joe Like, yeah, they need to chase Ai. I chased Ai. I gotta guard Kobe Coche, I gotta guard t Map. Hey, when I got to Atlanta and started dancing a little bit, chasing nobody, Oh I forgot, Joe, we forgot about shun't doom from Houston.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but it ain't.
Speaker 1: But it ain't but a handful of big And you mean to tell me kak't be Lee Man. Please, let's just let's let's let's ride it up. Let's give it a nice round number. Let's just say they're thirty teams, they're fifteen guys per team. That's four hundred and fifty guys. Let's just say we're gonna ride it up. We're gonna say ten, there are ten bigs bigs. You mean to tell me, kat, you can't give me a little more than that. It's not like you playing all ten of them every night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, I can see if it was like it was like the old when they first started out, they had eight teams in the NBA, when they started out, to think, what was that forty seven fifty seven, say forty seven they started. Yeah, I mean they started out they only had eight teams. And now you say, well, damn, I got a big every night. It ain't like that, no, sir. And the game different too, So it ain't last.
Speaker 2: It ain't. It ain't like it's bruise of basketball like it was.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody ain't ain't nobody doing like what Charles Barkler, Karl Malong. They got the ball and it boom boom boom, boom boom boom. Ain't nobody doing that, ain't nobody back, ain't nobody down like that? Hey, you got big, big, like the sanitation truck.
Speaker 2: So I don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: And and that's what you try and see this what caused me to catch There's some validity of this because they try to make light of a situation.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, you know how we do it.
Speaker 1: Joe, you know how we try to do it when something they going right, We try to make fun. Man, My grandma blocked better than that. You know, we try to make light of a situation and help. My sister would have caught that one. You ain't catch the ball when you try to, you try to put humor on it. Then you're like, hey, you pull them to this side and say, bro, what what's going on?
Speaker 2: Man? Man?
Speaker 1: Come on, hey Sean Man, Hey bro Rod blocking the head blocking? Hell, I'm blocking a hell. I like the block least after least wasn't blocked because the five blocking that means I ain't gonna get out in the route were not throwing the ball. Everybody wants to catch passes, but like Mike said, that, you don't block he I'll never forget. Mike came in in ninety five. I had went to see ninety two, ninety three, ninety four, so I had gone to three straight Pro Bowls. I was the first team All Pro, led the team and receive it each year.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: After that ninety five, they tried to trade me. They wanted to trade me to Arizona. They're gonna trade me Mike Pritchett the number fifteen pick for Eric Swan. That's what they wanted. So, uh the trade didn't go through because they wanted a couple more. So they ended up just said no, the hell with it. Mike called me in and said, I said, uh So when I came back for OTA's they called me, called up towards office. He said, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Eighty four?
Speaker 1: I said, I said, Mike, I'm not upset that you tried to trade me. I said, I'm upset that you thought you can find somebody better than me. You thought you could win. I said, Mike, I'm the best tied end in football. I'm gonna show you this year and then I'm gonna put I'm gonna make you make a decision.
Speaker 2: I said, I already know what I can do.
Speaker 1: Can't nobody see me, I said, for the first time in two years, I'm fully healthy, no off season ankle surgery. So I go out there, I leave the league tight ends, catches yards, touchdowns, yards per catch. Now come see me, Come see me, now, come see me. I'm him, I said you. I said, Mike, you can bring whoever you want to. There's not a tight end if you brought him in here and beat me for this job, not one.
Speaker 2: Because you got to think about it. Now. I came.
Speaker 1: I got drafted as a wide receiver. They moved me to tight end. Oh joy, when they moved the tight end. I'm two hundred and fifteen pounds in the NFL in the nineties. When they run it, when they run in the football? Why that pretty stuff they're doing?
Speaker 2: Now, light you lighting ass man. I leave. I leave my last game of the season. I weigh in.
Speaker 1: I weigh into two o seven. Howay and wide receivers right now? Two o seven to player Dawn?
Speaker 2: There all of.
Speaker 1: Them, two fifty two sixty. Look at Kelsey, look out, big Gronk, look at all these guys. Ain't nobody, I said, Mike, can't nobody do what I do? But he said eighty four. I need you the block, he said. He said, if if I just put you in on passing downs and I put somebody else in and running down, don't you think they're gonna be able to key on that?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 1: I'm not asking, he said, I'm not asking you to be what are these dominatics. I'm not asking you to be what Washington have or what the Chargers have. He said, I just need you to care. Okay, that's what you need.
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go look at TV numbers in ninety six, in ninety seven, In ninety eight, he went fifteen thirty, he went seventeen fifty, He went two thousand.
Speaker 2: A date, laying the hat, you was laying the hand.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, you tell me, hey, you ain't gonna always put me at the point of attack rope. You asked, what am I supposed to do it? Two twenty eight with Reggie? What am I supposed to one of the floors? What am I supposed to do with straight hand? Bruce s fifth, Come on, man, let's be real. Hey, them boy moving something around?
Speaker 2: Ain't that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I look I got oh, Joe, I got pride, I do got pride. I ain't gonna just let him whip my ass all day. But they gonna win more than I'm gonna win.
Speaker 2: Let's just be real, absolutely so. But and that's that's Cat.
Speaker 1: Cat still has three three more years left on a deal that pays him two hundred and twenty million. Cat can go get another deal. Cat came out of house Cat nineteen, So cat'st thirty nine. Cat is gonna get it another deal. He can go get him another three hundred million dollar deal. Yeah, how do you gotta do it? Twenty Cat twenty nine? Man, come on twenty nine. Hey, after next year, if Cat come back, say you know what, I'm gonna give y'all double double. I'm gonna give y'all twenty ten. I'm gonna give y'all two blocks a game. Watch them come to Cat say, hey, Cat, you want this four year extension for like two fifty Yeah, because if he, if he got them type of numbers, gonna be back in the East and.
Speaker 2: Were gonna be right be right back. Because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Boston is not gonna be the same the Boston team that came into the season this this past season.
Speaker 2: That's not They're not gonna be that same team. We're not.
Speaker 3: Are you saying they're gonna they're gonna have a different team, or you're just saying they're not gonna be the same because Jason Tatum is not playing Jason Tatum.
Speaker 1: I would I would not be surprised if two or two or three players get traded off that team.
Speaker 2: Damn. I would not be surprised. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing, Ojoe, Why am I gonna keep it together with no chance of winning a championship? You think I'm gonna play that big that big ass pay roll, go to that second.
Speaker 2: April a repeater tax? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Well hold on, hold on, I'm just just are you you know better than me? So you're saying Jaylen Brown wouldn't be there, I believe he'll be. I think I think he.
Speaker 1: Uh uh uh uh holiday holiday? Why two or three of that combination is gonna be there, gone, gonna be gone? Okay, Presingers might Prezingles might be the first one to go. He might be the first ball to drop. Nois, he might be the first ball to drop.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: And then, like I said, Ojo, I ain't got no chance. I'm not winning because guess what, you already lost to the Knicks. And you're gonna you lost to the Knicks with Jason Tatum doing what he do with how you gonna beat him without him?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Pacers, the Pacers is not gonna be the Pacer is not taking a step back.
Speaker 2: They got guys. They guy to the contract.
Speaker 1: So let's just say for the sake now, all of a sudden, we don't know what he's gonna do. They're gonna be moves that's gonna be made. But I just don't see the Celtics the team that came into the season, Jason Tatum notwithstanding, I don't see that team. I don't see that same team coming back.
Speaker 2: I don't either. Man.
Speaker 1: Like I've always said, I think it's gonna be some big moves made this summer, and it's gonna be great for the game. It's gonna be great for the games. I'm looking forward to it. But yeah, I do I agree. I think a couple of them guys are gonna be going this summer. And I'm not sure what Boston's gonna look like next year. Brown Holiday, Derry White, Pretinkas we're gonna pull up their salaries and and and with it. And because they're already in that second apron because what they've wanted to do. The Players Associations said, we don't want no more super teams, and the honers say, we don't want no more super teams. So we're gonna try to make it cost prohibited even if you're winning championships.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I mean I think they said hold on. I think they said in the light.
Speaker 1: Like the last three years, Golden State has spent half a billion in luxury tax four hundred and.
Speaker 2: Fifty eight million.
Speaker 1: Yes, boy, yes, Now that's on top of Steph Curry, one of the highest paid.
Speaker 2: That's on top of Dramond making big dollars.
Speaker 1: So now they took on sixty Jimmy Butler gonna get sixty million a year, so they made it really costs prohibitive.
Speaker 2: You got twenty twenty five twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Salary, You got Jaylen Brown making fifty three million, you got Jason Tatum making fifty four million, You got Holiday making thirty two million, you got Porzinga's making thirty million, you got Derek White making twenty eight million, and then it goes fifty seven for Jaylen Brown, fifty eight Foro Tatum, thirty four for holiday Pazingers only has one year left, so he's he's a prime candidate because guess what his salary coming up the books after next year, so he's prime. He could have gone ny percent. He gone Derrick White salery after next year thirty million. Then it goes sixty one, sixty two, thirty seven, thirty two, then it goes sixty four sixty seven.
Speaker 2: It breaking it up, my Brian.
Speaker 3: Hey see now now this this gives people a better perspective. You know, let's time I want to talk about reality. I don't mean to go away from the game of basketball. That's like nine to see why them boys get all the pickings. Yeah, okay, but run the numbers down. Huh when you're making money like that where you get to pick who.
Speaker 2: You want, boy get to shake his stick at it and listen whatever whatever you want too.
Speaker 1: What they gonna say, No, Yeah, and Jason Tatums what twenty six twenty seven, So guess what in two years? So basically by the time he come back good to have a good year in twenty six twenty seven, they gonna say they gonn want to stand him again for another three O Joe, He's twenty seven, depending on how He's not gonna play next year. He just played the first year, so guess what he'll play. He'll miss twenty five, twenty six, he come out and have a good year, twenty six, twenty seven with two years left. Hey, we got three years for you. He gonna come back, right, Oh, Joe? Yeah, Oh for sure the first perade. If I'm not mistaken, if I read correctly, he had the same doctor dou his surgery that did Kevin Durant surgery.
Speaker 2: He's straight, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Uh, Neil Latrosh doctor Latrosh dig Kobe's at Curland, Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean they have like.
Speaker 1: They if you are La, if you playing in the LA market, you're probably gonna go have the surgery at Curland, Joe, be at back, shoulder, knee, achilles. They're the best. They did my hips, both of them, uh, and did an unbelievable job. I mean I was walking unassisted ten days the first surgery seven days, the second one unassisted, no walker, no kine walking.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the name of the doctor? Uh who?
Speaker 1: Uh at Curland job they did the Achilles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're Latrosh, so is he does he specialize in only the achilles or other areas of the body?
Speaker 1: Uh? Here achilles? They look, they got guys that all they do is shoulders. They got guys all they do is hips. They got guys to do knees. They got guys that do are key leads. They got that's a and they goody. You think they can fix my my finger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But why because it's stay. It won't straighten up. That's that's how it is, just like that.
Speaker 2: Good perfect, it's perfect for drinking tea you want. Hey, joke my fingers. My finger don't go down, man, it just stayed just looking. Hey look we all leave the game with the war wolves. Bro. Yeah, some for all of fashion.
Speaker 1: You're not getting out of no professional spoil thinking you're gonna just walk up back. You're gonna be limping upout it in some way somehow. It's not got I got lucky, I had, I had no injuries. But it's just it bothered me. My daughter, My daughter and younger kids be making fun of me. Baddy, what's wrong with your finger? I said, it's not even that bad. You said, straight it out then, And that's that's that's how I could do.
Speaker 3: You see, hey, Joe, you ever seen Tory hold head from playing?
Speaker 2: You see Tory Holt.
Speaker 1: You see Brian ball Dingers if I's uh, I mean this finger right here pointing that way.
Speaker 3: Oh that's how toys is. Hey, hey Joe, Tory Tory Holt. I think is this this finger right here? It's like he can do like this, but the fingers pointing like a line of Holland's. He used to he coached us when I was in Brooklyn. Line of Holland on his left hand. Yeah, point way over here.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, and you know football. You see Ronnie Rodney had a pinky. He cut He cut part of his pinky off at the joint. It's like, you're gonna miss some time. He like, cut it off. I don't need it. I don't do nothing with the pinky anyway.
Speaker 2: Cut it off. He cut it off. He cut He got it off in the game, didn't he after the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna miss some time, he said, just cut it off at the joint.
Speaker 2: You know, so, I mean mine, look at Tori, look at Tory hold his hands. But you got it up? Where is that? Where is that on you screen? Man? Yeah? I see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mun yos has got it like his hands like that too. You got you got bodies. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Tory caught the ball. He said he take, he would tape, he would take. He took two of them together, tap them together. Yeah. I can't catch like that.
Speaker 1: I can't catch like that, not catch the two you know they you know they catched it to take the two fingers together like that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it. No, okay, okay, okay, okay. No.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of offensive lineman taped together because you know they and they're.
Speaker 2: Like that and the fingers be going all over the class. But I did play with a thumb guard.
Speaker 1: I got my u this this thumb, I got it bent funky and I had to have a thumbuard on it.
Speaker 2: But that's all. That was all I can do. His hands got like that from catching the ball.
Speaker 3: Just like he got caught, got caught into jersey when he was blocking.
Speaker 2: Look at all look balls, pinky god lee that that's how a lot of you know.
Speaker 3: What's funny is they have procedures where they can fix it, but they refuse to do it.
Speaker 2: It's to now. I ain't finna be. I ain't finna be.
Speaker 1: I don't got like I said, unless I absolutely gotta have it. It's fine if you like you ain't getting it fixed, you get you. I ain't trying to mancuse that. They look, they put you under, they want to put a caffey in you. I ain't trying to do all that. Hey, hey, hey, well you even been under that nine minute times?
Speaker 2: You ain't going out? And look I had to.
Speaker 1: I had both my heels repaired. Joe had one and had one in July. They had the other one in February. And people like, man, your legs done got small. I said, let them cut your heill flexes, let them cut the muscles into your heel flexes.
Speaker 2: Let me see.
Speaker 1: I beg your legs gonna be, I said, I said, but I ain't in pain no more. I gotta I got a quality of life. I would just that ain't no quality life to be in paid. You can't sit, you can't stand, you can't walk, you can't lay it out. Man that hell with that, Hey, look, I ain't gonna lie to you. That's another reason why I got so hooked on yoga. Hot yoga, especially because I had elbow surgery.
Speaker 2: I had three. I had four chip bones in my elbow. I woke up one morning after we played and my arm was just stuck with a lot. It was locked.
Speaker 1: So when I go, when I go to the gym, they thought I was playing, I'm like, man, I can't extend my arm, so they sent me right to get X rays. I got like four chip bones in my socket.
Speaker 2: I had to go.
Speaker 1: It's the same elbow surgeon that Iverson used in Alaballa. Andrews hego, Andrews, Yeah, I used and uh but yeah, I had that on top of ankle surgery when I was in college, so I hadn't been under the knife a few times. Man, I'm like, if it wasn't for yoga to keep my limbs in that mobility, you know, because once you lose that mobility, that's when you start to have them injuries. Yeah, because if I'm out was thinking, I think Curland job. I think doctor Watkins, Big Watkins and Junior is in the Curland job. But they got some of the best. They got some of the best. I think Anderson is the foot dog. He out of Charlotte. He do you know when it has Liz Franks and stuff like that. O. Joe turf Toe, he's the guy. He's the guy that they go see that.
Speaker 2: Lucky.
Speaker 1: The Athletic is reporting that Thibodo has the back end of team president Leon Rose and full buy in from Jalen Brunson, but the report also adds that team's governor James Dolan will make the final determination about the coaching situation. Changing the coach is lead one lever Rose and Dolan can pull in hopes of achieving a different outcome.
Speaker 2: The question is is that does that change anything? Okay, we bring somebody else in. Do you think.
Speaker 1: That changes anything? Joe, No, I don't not if you don't bring different personnel. And you gotta bring some help, get some depth on the bench. That's what they lacking. Yeah, stop going. You're starting five out throughout the entire season. Then they get in the postseason, it's even more of a grind. So as you can see when they got later in that series against the Pacers Preston, they just got tired.
Speaker 2: Man. They just it's only so much they can do. Yep.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a couple of guys who come off the bench. And I understand Robinson in the uh in the guard and the other little guard. They come off the bench. The guard, they come off the Miles McBride, dumcrie, I like him too. I like both of them come off the bench. But you need you need a few more guys, and you need by two or three of them.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, man, you gotta find some dudes that's hungry. It's a lot of cats out of there, Hong. You just gotta find some who you think that's ready to play.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: His insistence gonna play and starters heavy minutes has long drawn by our fans and players, and March mckal bridges, who led the Nicks and minutes at thirty seven per game, which ranked fourth in the league, voiced his complaints about playing so much sometimes it's not fun on the body.
Speaker 2: You want that that as a coach.
Speaker 1: But I also talked to him a little bit, knowing that we've got a good enough team where our bitch can come in and we don't need to play forty eight forty seven minutes a night. But that's but that's been his every dame of place. Go back and look at Chicago. Look how many minutes roles played. Look how many money Jimmy Butler played. Joke him, Noah, look at how many minutes they played. Okay, fast forward, go to Minnesota, see how many minutes they played. Okay, fast forward, go to the Knicks. See how many minutes and starters play. You can't play them guys that count of minute thirty eight thirty nine minutes a night.
Speaker 2: And then when you get in the postseason, you know you're gonna beat you. You shorten your bitch.
Speaker 1: You gonna be playing them guys forty two forty three minutes, forty forty to forty two forty four minutes a night. You got to open the round. You got the quarters, the Simmis, the quarters of the Simmis, the finals, and then you got the NBA Finals. Come on, man, Yeah, it's it's tough, but you know, as athlete's man, we're getting our own way a lot of times. Ain't none of the dudes gonna be coming over the raising hand time about I need one.
Speaker 2: Because you know, cut money involved, because I try to get a couple of people.
Speaker 1: Hey, you mess around taking my you mess around having me sitting over there too long, now you know what I mean? So I think, I think, but I think in New York, for Tim's case, they definitely need they need some depth on old Joe. It's gonna be hard to want a tight us you can see, you know, especially when they come down to the nitty gritty. It's gonna be hard to want to tight against some of these teams nowadays, they taking away the super team.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to have some guys that's hungry and and and are scared of the moment. Look at me.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, okay, see thunder depth and the other placers death crazy depth Boston.
Speaker 2: What they wanted last year, what to have depth? You see what you have?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you you basically okay, give me a superstar, give me another guy. Let's say I give you a superstar Joe, and then I got your guy. He's he's he's not a superstar, but he's a star. He's an all He's a he's an All Star, and he's right. They're on the cusp of being an All NBA selection. Then I'm a surrounding with two three quality guys. And then I'm gonna have two three quality guys coming off the bench. That's Caruso, that's Wallace, that's Wiggins. Now you got j Dove All NBA thirteen made the All Star for the first time. I got a superstar in MVP, in Shape. I got quality big and role players in Check and Hartenstein, Tada. Now go look at the Pacers. Look at what they got. They don't have a superstar. I believe they have two star players with Siakam and Haller Burton. And you got guys that understand you're getting them hard. You got a Miles Turner, you got a Nie Smith. Now coming off the bench, I got Matt burn See, I got TJ McConnell, I got over Topping.
Speaker 2: And then you get something.
Speaker 1: You got points you didn't expect TV Thomas Bryant gave it ten big points, three or four from the three point line. Gave you a block shot two or two from the free throw line. You see, that's how you're gonna have to win going going forward. They made it so cost prohibited for you to try to stack with three alls because you see what happens.
Speaker 2: You get three All Stars and superstars and you ain't got no bitch, no yeah.
Speaker 1: But when you trade for these guys, you better understand what you're trading for. Because Phoenix y'all traded for brand Le Biale. The man was averaging thirty and you expect them to come in now, be a defensive stopper, to be the third option, to be a role player.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna go for it.
Speaker 1: It is so you gotta get guys, obviously, you gotta get guys who are gonna buy in. You're talking about the OKCS in Indiana's Yes, everybody on those teams they know their job. They know they ruins, and they gonna start in it. They not gonna do nothing outside. They ain't got no business doing. This is why this is gonna make It's gonna make for a great finals because this is this is two teams that we have that are very discipline and they understand how to win, and they play together, they play hard.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good series.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play my role as long as I can, and then when if somebody come along and the team that I'm on they can't afford me, I'm gonna go somewhere else and make big money. But if I can win me a ring or two while I'm here playing on you know whatever, I'm making ten million, twelve million, fourteen whatever. The case may be, and then somebody come in and want to drop twenty five thirty on me. There you go, I'm gone, yeah, hey, y'all guy.
Speaker 3: If I well, if I played, if I played in the NBA young, I would have been like I would have been one of them, one of them, betweenty five three fifty type dudes. You have been one when of them dudes? Get when im when I'm there four year three ff three hundred and forty five three fifty.
Speaker 2: Or you with a supermax huh.
Speaker 3: Vision, Hey, Joe, I would have been super max on entertainment, a loan forget, forget to play on the court.
Speaker 1: They were gonna have to max you out, no question.
Speaker 2: Hey, they would have maxed me our year two. They go back you out, So they go back you out of the rookie contract. Hull. They damn the mic Bright ain't bank bang Clan.
Speaker 1: TV execs, They they don't care about the NBA Finals ratings. According to the USA Today, the NBA Finals featured a matchup between the Boston Celtics, the league second most recognizable franchise, and the Dallas Mavericks, who held from the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States. It averaged eleven point three million viewers per game. The chances are the twenty twenty five NBA Finals, featuring two decidedly smaller markets, Oklahoma City Thunder and the Ineana Pacers, may likely have fewer viewers. According to the Athletic, the league doesn't care much about how many people actually watch because the NBA is extremely new. TV contracts with ESPN, NBC, and Amazon are already setting stone, which means the most important revenue is generated regardless of what happens in the NBA Finals. There's really no direct impact between ratings and financial success, certainly in the near term. But if you have bad ratings for the next decade, then that limits your TV rights deal. But I don't think anyone in the NBA is worried about that right now because the revenue for TV are guaranteed. The NBA is not hooked on for anything other than long time TV. Exactly said, this is the network's problem. Does everyone want next Laker Finals?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Oh Joe. When you pay big money the advertisers, that's how you recoup your money. That's why Football Joe for the two bow commercials, they have two hundred and fifty. They get seven million dollars every thirty seconds. Now, if I got a bad matchup, nah, bro, I ain't gonna be able to do that one because I got I gotta recoup something, not just what deside. Eleven year seventy seven billion. Eleven year seventy seven billion. Now I shelled that out, Joe. I got to get some of that back. Yeah, I gotta get some of that back. I'm not sure what my bad said I gave back.
Speaker 2: I gave too much. I gave a billion too much. Eleven year, seventy six billion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what executive what executives said this that having two small market teams and the finals doesn't matter based on you know, the ratings. I mean, come on now, come on now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It works everything because people not go First of all, people not really then that's not like they're watching basketball and in droves as it is. At least they want the Knicks, they want the Lakers, they want Celtics, they want things that they recognize because a lot of people are not are not like we watch it because that's what we do. A lot of times people are just casual. Who's playing who? Oklahoma City got a team. I mean, that's what that's what people are asking. I mean, if you're if you are, if you're a basketball fan, obviously you know that you know who Shay is. But there are a lot of people that just sit down and maybe the only time that they watch it is gonna be this because people are not sitting around watching. Look, I promise you if Jacksonville and who's a small market NFC team, Jacksonville, Seattle, who's a small market NFC team?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jacksonville, Carolina. You know you don't think the TV is like whoa god? That ain't.
Speaker 1: Tampa Bay. Come on, now, you want big markets or you want big names. I would like to have them both, you know what I'm saying, the Lakers, with the Lakers and Celtics. I got lad Bird, I got Maggie Johnson, I got to Read, I got Michale, I got Worthy, I got Parrish. Oh look at the coaches, pat Rowley, Casey Jones, Bill Fitch, them, them, them, his story them, his story across the board. Oh you got Lebron. Now if you got about it, you got a small market. But you got Lebron and you got chef Steph. Now you got Steph Curry and you got Kevin Durant. Hey, look, I understand, I understand all that. I understand what you're what you're saying, but I do think this is gonna be an interesting find them. So, like, I'm very intrigued on how this is gonna go. Uh all of a sud I got my pick. But man, the the way these teams have played throughout this postseason, especially Indiana being an underdog in every three all three rounds, Yeah, I mean, how many times we're gonna keep counting?
Speaker 2: Mind?
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it, I think about it for for people that aren't really basketball fans, I think there's nothing that is going to be able to pull the viewer who doesn't watch basketball based on the teams that are in the finals. Mm hmmm, who's the draw outside of s g A if you're not a basketball fan. Now, people that love the game of basketball, Joe, you know, but obviously me, we're gonna, we're gonna we tune it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna watch regardless.
Speaker 1: We're gonna watch regardless, but you know, through the game. But everybody's not a die hard though, O Joe, and what you're saying, everybody's not.
Speaker 2: A die hard.
Speaker 3: Now that if the Celtics was playing or the Knickson playing, Hell, it could be somebody don't even watch basketball.
Speaker 2: Well, oh yeah, I know about the goddamn Nicks. I can relate to you. Even though I don't watch the game. I'm finna tune in just because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shaq says he thinks all markets are the same in the NBA, social media is the market now, not every market is the same. Nobody cares what city you're in anymore. To say the nineties, I don't know if I agree with that. Well he I think he's saying because of social media, the world is a lot smaller, meaning it's not many moments that you're gonna miss I don't care what no, yeah, yeah, you're gonna catch every moment, as opposed to back in the nineties. You know, if you won't watching the game, then you missed it. You missed it, you know. But the problem of the Joe and O Joe, I think is that when you look at it, if the two teams look at let's let's let's say let's just say for the sake of argument, this was in the NBA Finals on a Tuesday night. You watching Indiana and OKC. Now I'm gonna give you that same Tuesday night. I'm gonna give you Boston. I'm gonna give you Boston and the Lakers. Are you watching, I give you I'll get I'll tell you what it I do. I'll give you the Knis and Golden State. You're watching.
Speaker 2: So Marcuts do matter? They do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen outside of Marcus, the players playing off the look that's but see, that's a because here's the thing. That's a superstar driven league. That's why you want one, and that's why you get him. That's why everybody was shocked. Man, y'all got Luca, y'all traded it. He twenties five, He about to be here. He's turned twenty six in two months. Because they don't come along very often. You're very You're very you're very, very lucky.
Speaker 1: If you get a guy and he turns into Luca, you get a Lebron James, you do it, you boy, you move heam and the nerve to keep him. You get a Steph Curry, you get a Jordan, You get a magic of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Kevin.
Speaker 1: You Hey, if I get a shot Kobe and I ain't giving them up now, y'all going down the vine here? No, hell nah, that's why when the teams get a quarterback, oh joe, quarterbacks has always been the position that they had the best best chance of finishing out their career with one team.
Speaker 3: Especially if it gets you a good one, because you understand how hard they are to come by. And hell, the casual fingers see that when you wonder why certain teams don't have success and they have a marrying a murder around the quarterbacks every two to three years.
Speaker 2: Now you see why.
Speaker 1: Shaw's released a tweet today that are now the Utah Jazz are hiring Boston Celtics assistant general manager Austin h as the franchise's president of basketball operations.
Speaker 2: Huh what's this thing called? What did it start with? An inn? Oh? Oh, my bad, my bad, my bad? Closes tell me that him and timbow tempts. Uh did that you say? His name? Bon Temps, Bon Thomps.
Speaker 1: Ainge has spent the past fourteen years working in Boston front office, including the last six of its current general role.
Speaker 2: Danny Ainge is currently the seed on the Jazz. Uh. The Internet actor reacted accordingly, no mention who his father's huh good point. Okay, Hey, what y'all thought this was?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: Thought? Hey, yeah thought yeah thought yeah. I thought they were play pampering over that. They not playing, man, they do.
Speaker 1: Look Look how many Look how many coaches their sons? Oh, Joe and and I don't know if I don't know how often. But hell Rick Adaman son Dave Adaman, he's the coach of what you call him. But I guess his dad didn't have no they didn't have no pull. They ain't help him get nothing. We quick, we quick to do that, but we'll nah man, I want you to get it out of the mud. Huh nah, I lay that phunt down for you could walk comfortably.
Speaker 2: But you see.
Speaker 1: But but ain't nobody ain't nobody said nothing. Ain't know how to said a word? Anybody said nothing, no nepartism. Ain't nobody saying nothing. Jeans mentioned that no uproar. Hey, hey, I can't lie to say I ain't think hello sean utah jas the hind Boston Seldings Assistant general manager Austin Age what wh whoa whoa woh case When they mentioned Bronnie, they say he's the son of Great Lincoln is great Lebron James. If I didn't know better, why y'alldn't put the son of Don What y'all doing with Lebron? Y'all mentioned y'all mentions the ballad. Oh that's the wife of Lebron James.
Speaker 2: But damn.
Speaker 1: Bryce, Bryce's going to Arizona Lebron James, the youngest son Bryce James chooses.
Speaker 2: Ef hey love, Yeah, I know this thing go.
Speaker 1: I wish my kids wanted to be immediate, did damns? You'll have a podcast? Damn your would?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean if I knew somebody, if they hey, I don't. In the profession and the field that they're in. I don't really know anybody in that profession, but if I did, I absolutely that's what you're supposed to do. Yeah, it's it's that's that's pretty much in anything that you do. It's just like these owners, man, they had they had their kids working. They say, you know they gonna they gonna take right after them.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Claire, your son and their daughter probably gonna play tennis.
Speaker 1: Hold up, I think I read eighty percent of the jobs that get filled or never advertised the word of mouth. Hey man, hey, Joe, we hired over here. Man, you want to you want to put it in, you want to feel application. I put a word in for you. Hey, oh, Joe, Man, I heard the hiring down there, such and such. Man, you want to put your na Hey, my boy over there, He'll put a word in for you. Boom, No, application feeled out. Word of mouth, word of mouth. Yeah, that's still the fastest way to get information out. Word of mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to get in. Uh.
Speaker 1: The three fastest ways to get information on Joe Man, one man, television, that thing, the three quikest ways to get information out man, and one man will definitely get it out for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about is we could get information out much quicker now to the world by hitting the sin button.
Speaker 2: That's the this That sin button is powerful. Yeah. Yeah, I mean, hey, o Joe, Hey, Joe Man, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I ain't got hit the hit those thing. I just picked the phone call. Yeah, hey manig hey Joe. They not here. Man.
Speaker 1: That's a good job, man, they I think I think they start you off at like one twenty five, one fifty. Really yeah, man, I a man. Look, I've been here like seven years, but I'm cool with the bass man.
Speaker 2: I put a word in for you.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah he liked me. Hey, speaking of that, I know you got a little connection. Uh you know, I got a little connection with the Atlanta House.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: Did they hire the GM yet? I don't think so. Alexis said, no mention of who his father is. We only care about nepotism when it applies to Broun and Briny, Right, okay, lacoln Central said, y'all gonna cry nepotism or only when it's Lebron. So Danny ain't just been taking his son everywhere you go. Now, that's nepotism, y'all, y'all really true?
Speaker 2: He's should in the rogues. What the qualifications? Yeah? Yeah? How did he get there for fourteen years? So let me ask you a question. He only been what Danny is? So, so where was where was he before he left and went to Utah? Where was he?
Speaker 1: If you don't mind me asking where was Danny ainge before he left and went to Utah?
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I got a little tired tonight chat because you know, old cho say he took it nap to day I took him to nap to day two. Yeah, So I just want to chance somewhere. The chance said, So, I just want to know where he started at. Yeah, he was in Bosston Shadow and his daddy. Oh oh really, so you're gonna tell hold on, So how do you get a job?
Speaker 2: So? Did he did he interview? Did he fill out an application? I just want to know?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh here interesting? Yeah he didn't have to fill out the application this time. Come on, chat, y'all better come on that picking up. I need y'all, I need y'all to chime in comment. I need y'all to tell me where Austen, son of Danny Aingel was before he got this job in Utah, what organization was in the end, and if you don't mind me asking, was there someone that was connected to him at this organization that he's leaving?
Speaker 2: M hm? You know what I want to look up there?
Speaker 1: I want to look up the definition of nepotism because maybe I got to Oh, Joe, babe, I got a different understanding of what nepotism is.
Speaker 2: Yet you got the right one. You got the right one.
Speaker 3: It just it just is really quiet depending on who's doing it or taken advantage.
Speaker 1: It says the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them a job. Hm hmmmm, uh, I say what is an example of nethotism. A common example is a CEO hiring their niece for a manager position, despite the niece having less experience than other applicants, hiring or promoting unqualified family members. A manager promotes their sibling or to a supervisory role despite the poor performance record, while other more qualified important employees get passed over. So I guess you know, Danny Hie, the most qualified guy he could find, the more qualified.
Speaker 2: Guy he could find, keep that money.
Speaker 1: So you know what, us we gotta stop feedling feeling bad when we can put when we can put on m let's put on every time. Now, I want you all guys to come that. Look, don't you come now, cause just like I put your ass here, I put your ass out, I'm gonna need you to do the job now. Absolutely, I'm gonna need you to do the job. But yeah, we gotta we gotta stop this. We gotta we gotta stop this because this is I don't know how prominent is Joe in the NBA, but oh Joe, you know it's very prominent in the NFL.
Speaker 2: How did look at look at Kyles shanahands coaching.
Speaker 1: Treat mm hmmm, go look at m go look at Sean McVay, Look at uh Lafleur, look at uh McDaniel in uh uh in the Miami O'Connell, go look at you go look there guys and see how many of them work.
Speaker 2: For I'll tell you what. Go back and look at it.
Speaker 1: What that twenty twelve Pull up Mike Shanahan's coaching tree in twenty twelve at Washington.
Speaker 2: Check this out on your watch, this on Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you will find something to see how many of these guys are actually head coaches.
Speaker 2: Now, now, his offensive coordinator was Kyle shannonhanded Son.
Speaker 1: What was Sean McBath. No, I'm I just want to staff from Washington. Hold on, just say a guy, it's gonna be offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. Raheem Morris was defensive back coach.
Speaker 2: MADDL.
Speaker 1: N Floyd was quarterback coach. What was Sean McVay. Sean McVay was tight end coach. Mike McDaniel offensive sisters Not do it? Now we go back when they won the Super Bowl? Who was Sean mcvay's defensive coordinator Raie Moores. Go back and look at Sean McVay and look at Matt Lafleur, Zach Taylor. See how they spread it out. Yeah, I ain't got no problem with it. But if we do something like that, we feel bad?
Speaker 2: Are we complaining about it?
Speaker 1: Like I said, I wish my kids want to do something in media, all wanted to do something in coaching. Think I wouldn't call up Kyle, I absolutely would, yep, call up McDaniel and what you call him too?
Speaker 2: Yep, sure would. They don't want to do nothing, So I'm gonna go I should go on, Damn, I should. They don't want to do anything.
Speaker 1: I kid not gonna tell you who their dad is and let you like you gotta know, you gotta know if you they're not volunteering it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think I should. I should get into coaching on. You don't want the miles? Huh, you don't want the miles?
Speaker 1: Not full time like we think about me, coaching, ain't no coaching. Coaching is full time. Ain't no part time coaching full time. It ain't no part time in the NFL, O Joe, It's full time No.
Speaker 3: I mean we're talking, we talking about nepotism right now, and being that I'm proud of the Brown family, I'm sure they would allow me to do part time assistant receivers coach.
Speaker 2: Hey go ask if I was to ask, you know, they would say yeah, you know that right.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't ask, because I'm afraid they're gonna say yeah. That's why it asked Michael Another for the job. Definitely, definitely because the first thing I'm gonna say, Joe, I'm just playing because mister Bowling every time he saw me, he's like, you know, hey, whatever you want to do if you want to back said mister Ball, I'm done. Hey, hey, them coaches be putting in some million hours. Boy, Hey, I'm talking. You got to already know you got to tell me I remember and listen, Hey, I'm telling I have seen it. No, I don't want no part of that because I know I know from like ninety when I when our coach, when we were winning, we were at our apex for that that stretch like ninety six, ninety seven, ninety eight, we went back to we went back to back Super bowls. Uh and we uh we won the division twice. Oh, okay, they putting a hundred dollars a week in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ain't playing bro.
Speaker 1: Ninety to one hundred dollars a week. Now, think about how many how many hours in the twin a seven day week.
Speaker 3: I done seen Hugh and Marvin and coach Barbara Cowski. I have seen the blankets and the pillows, air mattresses, the game get they listen, the game plan to get putting up the what do you call it when you're playing the team that week?
Speaker 2: What you oh?
Speaker 1: They are the cut up. They're doing that on the plane. They're breaking that down on the plane. Man, I'm talking, Hey, I's be rid as. I don't know what on that.
Speaker 2: They laying. They laying, we laying.
Speaker 1: They go straight and you know back because obviously after nine to eleven, nobody could drive to the airport anymore. So everybody going back to going back to the facility complex. They're going upstairs. Man, listen, hey, don't go upstairs. Hit that thing they did all day. Monday, they go home, see their wife for a couple of hours with the kids. They back there getting on Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday they get to go home. Thursday, they get to go home at a decent time. They get to go home Thursday, like nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Tuesday, you know, they there all day Tuesday. That makes you everything ready for Wednesday's practice.
Speaker 1: And meetings Monday night, Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday.
Speaker 2: You there, you there. No, I don't want no part of that on Joe. Oh yo, yeah, Mail, go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 1: What you want to say is for the same basketball, they breaking down film every day, different teams because we're playing back to bags.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. It's a lot, man, I've seen it out of witness to
Speaker 1: The volume