Speaker 1: Official pod is presented by win Bet. Betting is a team sport, but together at win Bett. Eric Allen here at One Jets Drive, joined by Jets Special Teams coordinator Bran Boyer. Brent, can you believe it? You're about to start your eighth year here with Jets.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, buddy, you know, the time flies, and and just thankful for the opportunity to come back, and as I am every year, and and you know, the people around here and the fans and and uh, you know, the way people have been around this community and everything with my family and my kids have really enjoyed it here, and so it's been you know, been lucky to be here as long as I have.
Speaker 3: And got my.
Speaker 2: Oldest out of school this year, you know, and so he graduated, and so it was it's been good for the family for sure.
Speaker 1: What did you know about the fan base before you started coaching here at sixteen, because you're a former Dolphin as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I always knew how you know, how dedicated they were to the Jets and and how loud they were, and and you know, I think in Miami home games anytime I had played obviously when I was when I was a rookie down there, you'd have just as many Jets fans there was Dolphins fans in Miami. And so the fan base is awesome. Man, I don't know, if you know, there's a better fan base in the league.
Speaker 1: You know, in my opinion, how proud are you of your tenure? Considering that you've worked with three different head coaches. There's not a lot of guys in the NFL who would be able to endure that much changeover.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm proud of that, But there's there's certainly some work that we need to do. You know, I wasn't real happy with the way things went last year obviously. You know, I think there's a lot of things that need to get fixed, and and you know, I think that's part of the process moving forward and and doing all the studies that we're doing and trying to get the things fixed that need to be fixed. And but you know, very very fortunate to to you know, for everybody in the that's organization and everything to h to be here as long as I have, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: You mentioned last year what keeps you up at night?
Speaker 2: Oh, those those two punt returns make me sick to my stomach. Yeah, you know, it just infuriates me every time I even think about it, to be honest with you, you know, there's just little technique errors, and you know, I certainly could have coached it better for starting with that right, But you know, it's just a matter of standing in your lanes and I got to coach coach that better this year and and try to identify the issues and how we can teach it better so everybody understands it and things like that.
Speaker 3: But it all starts and ends with me. Man, got to get it fixed.
Speaker 1: You're so damn competitive. Do you think about those moments more than maybe a block punt by Jermaine Johnson and in Buffalo or a block punt by Michael Clemens in Green Bay? Or a successful fourth down fake in Cleveland or the on side kick and that improbable comeback. I mean, there are a lot of big moments on special teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not it's not even close, to be honestly like that. That stuff is is so far gone in my mind that you know, it's a it's always a long season, you know, you you do some things well, and you know it's like the year before we were very bad and committing penalties and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So we made it a big focus and uh, and we were much better this year or last year in penalties, the amount of penalties that we had. And and so you know, you you get changed by by making it a specific focus of of what you're trying to teach the guys and things like that.
Speaker 3: And and punk.
Speaker 2: Coverage surely is one of those this year. You know, I felt like it, like it hurt the team, you know, and and it starts with me, and and you know, I'm not proud of that for sure, and it just pisses me off every time I think about it.
Speaker 1: Well, what would you say about Thomas Morse said coming back here? And why was that such an important move for you guys? Bring Thomas?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that you know, arguably he's been you know, if you want my honest opinion, I think he's been the best punter in this league as far as controlling returners.
Speaker 3: Uh for a long time.
Speaker 2: And and uh, you know, he's so consistent and everything he does and so deliberate and everything he does, and he's such a good human being that it was you know, we were really happy to get him back and Uh, you know, he provides leadership in the room, being around for as long as he has and being as good for as long as he has, and so it'll it'll uh, it's it's great to have him back.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about that negotiation at all? And when he gave him a call and said, hey, listen, we're interested in you. You're coming back.
Speaker 2: Here, you know, they they get into the negotiation stuff. So I just put right uh called him up and said, hey man, you know when when uh you know, when the legal period is there and stuff like that, and we can talk to him saying, hey man, we want you here. And you know how much how much I think he in this building thinks you and and uh, you know, he was an absolute pleasure to coach when he was here the first time, and uh he did a really really nice job for us, and and uh, you know, just happy to have him back.
Speaker 1: How about his longevity and also, Brent, what he's been able to do outside because a lot of times you take a dome kicker, maybe you won't have that kind of success outside, but he when he was here in the Northeast still able to keep it an elite level. You're still not going to have the numbers you are kicking in a dome in December. But with that being said, he's an all weather guy.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: He is any like you said. He proved it when he was here. You know, I thought he did a great job. And his longevity is based on how hard he works in the weight room, how hard he takes care of his body, how hard he you know, he's not a guy that goes out all the time.
Speaker 3: He's not a guy that drinks very much.
Speaker 2: He's not a guy that you know, he's always training and always watching his diet. And and those are the guys that the last you know that understand how short term this business can really be if you don't take care of yourself and the one thing that makes your money, and that's your body.
Speaker 3: Man, And if you don't take care of it, you don't have a chance.
Speaker 1: What should people know about Thomas Sennessee? He resigns in an off season. Uh, this guy's consistency, he's just been off the charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's It's awesome to see how much he's developed since he's been here as a you know, he's starting to take a leadership row a little bit too. And and I asked him to do that several years ago and to see his maturation process of getting better and better and better all the time, and and uh, you know, being more physical blocking and and you know he's assignment.
Speaker 3: Right all the time. And uh, you know, he's just an absolute pleasure to coach. The guy. Uh comes to work every day.
Speaker 2: You never hear anything, Uh, never hearing complaining about anything or you know, your dream of coaching guys like him, how.
Speaker 1: Much does that fly under the radar of what he brings to the table because you never have to worry about this guy's long snap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it. It's huge.
Speaker 2: And and and guys that that don't have a snapper or the first you know, you realize that when you you know, when I think we lost him in the day A game a couple of years ago out there on one of the first punts and we had to we were holding on to our our shoes there for for a while. I think we had to punt eight more times or something in that game. And and uh so when you miss your snapper, you know, it's hard, it's hard to make it work. It's hard to make protection work. And and uh, you know you have.
Speaker 3: To sacrifice in your in your coverage.
Speaker 2: Too, you know, if you don't have a good one and and you have to protect your snapper so much, if you don't have a guy that can block and a guy that throws bad balls, the punters moving all around, and and you don't have to worry about that with Thomas And you know, I was just really thankful that they got him back, you know, and uh and signed him to another another good deal for him.
Speaker 3: I was really happy for him.
Speaker 1: How about Legatron year one? And also I was looking back at some quotes besides writing a story about special teams in your units, you said during the year that you think he's got the ability to set the NFL record as far as long as field goal.
Speaker 2: I truly think he does, you know, especially in Denver or something like that. On a on a good day, Absolutely he's he's uh, you know, I mean regularly kicks him sixty two, sixty three and with plenty left, you know, even sixty five with plenty left. So I think he's for sure got a got a shot to do it out in Denver or something like that. And you know, he's progressively gotten better. I think he had what do you have eleven kicks over fifty yards last year or something like that, way more than anybody else in the league, right, and you know, you know, I thought he didn't handle that really well and hit a couple of really big field goals, and and you know, it's to have a veteran group like that with with Zee and with Thomas and and Haney. I think that all these that that room is awesome to coach and awesome to be around because everybody really gets along and you can bounce ideas off of Hey, what do you guys think here? And and here's what I'm thinking, and and they'll sit there and they'll tell you the truth, you know. And so I've got a really good relationship with all three of him, and that's, uh, you know, that's part of it in this business.
Speaker 3: And I really like that you.
Speaker 1: Go to Denver early this season. I think it's week five, Yeah, so the weather should be pretty good there. Yeah, so pregame warm ups, if it's a sunny day in Denver, it's let's say it's sixty, how far will you attempt it in pregame warmups?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's obviously all based on game situation, how you feel when you get to the game, but you know, it's all how he feels and how he feels like he's kicking that day and things like that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But before the game, do you, guys, you let him just determine, like how far he wants to take.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have him go back and try to kick a seventy yard right, no, you know, but I mean he'll test it a little bit, you know, and and try to kick a sixty in a sixty two or something like that. You know that he kicks all the time, and if we feel good about it and it's you know, and a half in the game, something like that. So I'm kind of sit situation where we feel like we've got a shot and you know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll give it a ride.
Speaker 1: Who knows, if it's then and a half in Denver, you might have little winds at your back. Who knows, Yeah, in sixty eight yards something like that, right, I never know.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 4: Jets fans, we're in our final push and the clock is ticking. Win Bet is giving you a golden opportunity to win VIP prizes for the twenty twenty three season. The win Bet Green Room is the most exclusive space at the stadium with all inclusive food and beverage, lower level seats, and appearances by Jets, legends and celebrities. New Jersey customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win BET's sports book or casino. For New York customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win Bett's sports book. The best part, you get an entry for every one hundred dollars you wager.
Speaker 1: Justin Hardy, how much of a pleasure has he been to coach for you?
Speaker 2: He's been He's been awesome, the leader he's become in this, in this for this team, and and you know what he means to our our special Teams group, just is uh is huge. And I can't can't say that loud enough. You know, the guy is is a consummate professional. You know, works his butt off, works harder than anybody out there on our Special Teams units. You know, and obviously he's turned himself into a dominating player and he's gotten better since he's been here at multiple phases. You know, I think he's a lot better on kickoff. He's he's always been pretty good upon return and he's he's done done a really really good job of of you know, I think taking the coaching and and and like a lot of a lot of times, some of these guys that have experienced they you know, they won't listen as well as he did. And that the difference in Hardy and some other guys is Hardy wants to be coached. And and that's awesome when you get a veteran guy that has had as much as as as he has that that wants to be coaching. He wants to be coach hard And and you know, that's a really good example to set in the room that there's you know, you can always learn something, you know, coaches and players, we can always learn something. And and uh, you know, I think that's part of what makes him great.
Speaker 1: In terms of punk coverage. How much do you like the fact that you do have more said kicking nowt and you do have Justin on the outside and those guys their relationship goes back.
Speaker 3: With long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there there wasn't a happier guy, uh than than than Hardy when we when we signed more Stead. You know, he was, and and that's not demeaning to anybody else. But they're, like you said, their their relationship goes goes way beyond that. And you know their friends off the field and have known each other for a long time, and and they have a comfort level with each other and and uh, you know, and they're both really really good players and and some of the best at their position.
Speaker 1: Punk coverage not the best punk coverage wise, Do you think you got the best pair in the league when you have Justin and braina?
Speaker 3: I would think so, you know, I think.
Speaker 1: That how's Brandon developed there.
Speaker 2: He's developing, He's doing a really nice job, working hard. I think he's he's gotten a lot stronger this offseason, and I think that'll be a big difference. You know, there's some good Tantem's in this league, but you know, our two guys. You know, I wouldn't pick another Tantem to go go, you know over these two, that's for sure. There's a bunch of younger guys in the mix too, you know, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: What about the return situation we're talking here, we're taping here and late spring, early summer. With that being said, Braxton Burials the last couple of years obviously a mean stay back there for you. Now he signing an off season with Miami. How do you look at the landscape now?
Speaker 2: You know, you got appreciate what Burios has done, you know since he's been here and and uh you all missed the guy and the player that he was. But uh, you know, wish him all kinds of luck. But uh, you know, you've got a group of guys that that we'll see where this goes. You got some very capable players out there, and you got the group of young guys with some veteran guys and you know, Rantal Cobbs done it, Hardman's done it. Uh, Deontay Spencer's done it. And then you got some young guys like Gibson and and uh I isy uh that you know, the rookie running back. Uh you know have some kick return stuff and Bam and Bam Knight, you know, kick return stuff. So you know it'll it'll be a lot of you know, we'll see where it goes and and see how they do in the preseason and and you know throughout the offseason here. You know, so I don't I'm not going to make any predictions, but uh, you know, we'll we'll we'll find somebody that will do a really good job. There's a bunch of capable guys there and we'll see who shakes out at the end.
Speaker 1: And you never know what happens with rosters throughout the summer. In the National Football League, I wanted to ask you about that undrafted free agent Xavier Gibson, a guy who's has got dynamite speed. What did you see from him on film during his collegiate career at Stephen F.
Speaker 3: Austin.
Speaker 2: He's he's a guy that that is a that is a solid catcher. He tracks the ball really well. You know I think that, uh, you know, what he does better than almost anybody in the in the draft that I had seen is is is he will he will vertically get you. You know, he'll stretch and he'll cut. You know, he can put one foot in the ground and get vertical on you right away. So he'll get you stretching, stretching sideways and then he can put a vertical foot in the ground when all these other guys are still going sideways. And those guys are really really hard to tackle. And you know, I went and worked him out, and just to give you a little insight, I went and worked him out in uh In Steven F. Austin, and then they had to there were storms coming in later in the in the afternoon, I drove all the way to beautiful Nacadocias, Texas and uh you know, flew into Houston, I think, and drove all the way up there, but how far I think it was like a three hour two and a half three hours. And I drove up there and they had to move the practice up for spring ball because there were storms coming in. So I think they were starting at eight o'clock. So I told him to meet me at seven o'clock or I said six forty five, seven o'clock. I'll see you there on the on the field. And I showed up at six fifteen in the dark. It was pitch dark, and he's sitting there waiting on me. So, you know, guys like that, You know, I love guys like that that are willing to work. And he's a really good kid. He works real hard, and you know he's been he's been been noticeably training really hard and stuff like that with his catch mechanics and things like that. He's done a nice job. And you know he's in the mix with a bunch of guys right there, and we'll see how he shakes out.
Speaker 1: What do you do with a kid like that when you're working them out and they're in rural Texas on a night.
Speaker 3: In the dark yest half in the dark too.
Speaker 2: It was pretty funny because we finished the workout as the team's just starting to come out, and and uh, you know, it was pretty funny that you know, you're just putting through all the drills that you can and half the time, you know, they're shooting the equipment.
Speaker 3: Guys are shooting the.
Speaker 2: Jugs to him, and and I'm making him run all over the place, and and you know, hell, I don't even know if you could see the ball half the time. It's pretty funny. So it was almost still dark. Yeah, but we had to get it done before spring ball started.
Speaker 1: You know, I got to imagine the scouts are on the phone because that's the way this process works. It's only seven rounds in the NFL drafts, so the scouts got to start targeting guys making those calls and say, hey, listen, we're going to give you a call. We're interested in picking you. Up as a non drafted free agent. For you, what was it like in terms of him specifically Gibson, Well.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to hope. I was hoping that we got him, and you know, I was really happy when he obviously when he said, hey, you know, I want to come there and play there. So you know, any kid that's that's willing to work like that, willing to show up early and things like he did, Uh that that went a long way for me. And and you know what he the you know, everybody in the in the background, from the coaches, the quipment guys like took him to to breakfast after we worked out, and you know, all the people in the town are coming up and giving him hugs, and you could tell you he's well respected and well liked and and you.
Speaker 3: Know, that's the kind of person that you want to bring to your culture.
Speaker 2: And and uh, you know, hopefully he h he shows out and does a really great, you know, good job, and you know, it's going to be a hell of a competition with with those three or four guys back there, and we'll see who comes out.
Speaker 1: Speaking of competition, as far as the rookies are concerned, what do you think about some of these late round picks. JBC from LSU A Burner, a guy's got a lot of experience playing different positions on defense. Yeah, when you take a guy late in the drafts, they're going to be expected to contribute on special teams. Then Zaier Barnes, a kid who's long and athletic, he's going to compete for that third linebacker spot. But also then he play a lot of teams in college. And then yeah he got a freak in the seventh round. Yeah, the tight end from Old Dominion, Zach Koth right there.
Speaker 2: You know, I just I just finished up literally ten minutes ago in our meeting with them, and and you know all you know, white eyed, puppy looking kids. Man, it's it's pretty funny how young these kids look to me now in these days. But they're all really good, really good kids, uh, really coming along, learning really well. And uh, you know, you got some other free agent linebackers that are that are gonna get people runs for their money as well, and and uh, you know a bunch of rookies that could could possibly help us, and you know, we need some help, and you know, hopefully they can come through and and uh, you know, you got to you know, Converse has a ton of.
Speaker 3: Speed and and uh you know.
Speaker 2: So does the Coons. The tight end and Barns can run, and all these guys can run. You know, Now, how fast can they get up to speed on on scheme and and and physicality and everything that it takes to be in this league? And that's that's what's gonna wait to be seen. But I'm excited about this group, you know, Xavier and all these guys, uh, all these rookie players that we brought in and you know, a substantial number this year, which is good, and we'll see where it shakes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be. It's always interesting from your perspective because when you talk about the running back room, Bam nightest part of that. But then you draft a ban of Condah in the fourth or fifth round out of Pittsburgh and you talked about him potentially helping you on teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, I mean he's got some solid kickoff return production and played some special teams in his younger, younger career and uh so you know, he's he's a guy that everybody's excited about. And we'll put him out there and see what happens. You know, Bam was was doing a really nice job, you know, kick returning, and and uh, you know, it would have been the guy if Burrios wasn't here. You know, he had Burios here, who was a proven guy. But you know, I wouldn't have hesitated to put Bam in at all. I mean he was He's a legit returner in this league, I think.
Speaker 3: And and so.
Speaker 2: We'll see, you know, there's a bunch of guys going for that spot as well, So we'll see how all shakes out and the roster dynamics and and stuff. Hopefully we can find a dual guy that can do them both and and but if not, then we'll we'll parcel it up.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a long camp, a long summer because you guys report early, but the fourth preseason game you more than anybody else. Does that help.
Speaker 2: You you get another look at him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think, you know, I think that, you know, certainly it helps getting a better a better feel for the guys. And it's just another extra week that we can get these young guys a step further and and spend some more time with them. And and that's going to be critical in the way to develop and and things like that. So I'm really excited about that. You know, they're gonna need it, and just like every rookie does, you know, and and our and our team needs it, you know, So we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 1: All right, Listen to another life way back when assistant Special teams coach for the Indianapolis Colts, and your two kickers were Adam Vinettieri Vintieri and.
Speaker 3: Pet macfa McFee. Yeah, do you have.
Speaker 1: Me inside knowledge on what Rogers was gonna say on Pat McFee on March fifteenth?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: That is that is the That is the truth. Yeah, that is the truth, And no, I didn't. I'm just happy for, you know, obviously, for Aaron to be here and and the difference it's going to make on this team as far as like what what this, what he's gonna what he's going to mean to this team leadership wise and and things like that. I think it's really really cool. You know, I played with Dan Marino and and uh to see the fire and things that they didn't have when you when you play Aaron Rodgers against Aaron Rodgers, he has that same fire and it's really really cool to see even out of practice right now.
Speaker 3: And and uh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, speaking of Pat McFee, I'm just happy signed that new deal and good for him and his new family.
Speaker 3: And that's really awesome.
Speaker 1: For what's it been like watching Rogers operate here?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it's it's cool to see, you know, it's cool to see how how much he helps the guys and how he you know, demands all these guys be at their best and and that's what's mating great all these years. You know, I think that it's going to do nothing but make this team better. You know, I think when when players, you know, everybody wants to be liked in these days, you know, instead of being respected. And I always tell them, tell the guys it's better to be respected than liked.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: And guys that are willing to do that and you know, in the right way and correct their teammates, and you know, when they're doing the right stuff themselves, like like he's going to do and and he has certain things that he wants to get done, and and he wants you to do things a certain way, and he's going to pull guys aside and and and tell him how he wants it done. And I think that's awesome. I really do, and especially a guy that has as many pelts on the wall as he does, you know, I think it's really cool.
Speaker 1: Totally different players, but do you see a lot of similarities with him and Marino the way they especially have that presence.
Speaker 2: Or presence when you're when you're around the great ones like that, I like, you know, it's like when I was in Indie with Andrew Luck. When you're around dudes like that, you know that walk in a huddle and they command a presence like that.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what you see here.
Speaker 2: That's what I've seen with Marino my rookie year, Bernie Kosar I played with also, and so guys like that that are I mean, those they're they're killers, man. They're they're really, really really good players for a reason, and that's because they're they're so good at what they do, and they're so so meticulous about how they prepare and and their their game prep and and their body and everything like that.
Speaker 3: That's what makes them great.
Speaker 1: How much is Rogers going to change things for you guys, because I gotta imagine probably punting on less and if you're punting. You're probably punting a little bit more favorable situations where hey, maybe we got a couple first downs. And the other thing is Rogers throughout his career has been exceptional in the red zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, he's been fantastic.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's all stuff that you know, will wait to see how much it changes.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We we've been doing some some studies on some things that you know, maybe in the past that I haven't studied. You know, we haven't done a ton of work on is you know, because there wasn't many situations like that. Well, now we're doing more situational stuff. You know, obviously we did the work, but what I'm saying is like going going doing all these extra projections and studies and things like that that that the situations that we haven't been in very much, you know, in the past since I've been here.
Speaker 1: Without giving away too many state secrets, can you can you touch upon something I can't?
Speaker 3: I can't?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all respect that, but that's a big part of the off season, right. Yeah, And that also speaks to okay, we might have to change things up as far as what personnel is actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think, you know, the game situations that we'll be in are going to be totally different. You know, do you want do you want to pressure as much? Do you want to do return as much? Do you want to do all this stuff that sometimes that that we needed to get back into the game in certain situations? Do we do we need to play a little more safe? Do we need to be more aggressive in certain areas? Things like that are all gonna are all going to change, you know, I would assume and and uh, it's going to be cool to see see how it all works out.
Speaker 1: How much do you love and how much do you hate the challenge of it all? Considering that you're never going to have ninety percent of your personnel back or eighty percent of your personnel back. That's just the nature of life in the National Football League, especially for special teams coordinator. But with that being said, it's like a chef who's got new ingredients every day. How much do you like the task and hate it at the same time.
Speaker 2: There's probably some stuff I can't say yes right, no, I'm just nat It is frustrating at times, I won't lie to you. But the part that I really enjoy about it is that you know, I get to speak to the whole team and I and I have a relationship with the entire team, even the offense and defensive lineman because they're on our stuff too. And and that part and the puzzle making that you have to put figure out where to put everybody and what matches their skills, and what are they good at, when aren't they good at and and try to get the best mix of all those players. And and then you know, if there's sudden changes at the you know, before game one of the regular season, like there always is, you know, guys that you were counting on and all of a sudden there's three or four guys not here, then it just throws it into a tail spin and you have to turn around and figure it out. And you know, that's why you cross train everybody. And that's why you you know, you're always trying to plan ahead for for you know, things that could possibly happen, you know, and you know, whether you lose a guy here, lose a guy there, You're always trying to cross train people for for their positions and things like that. That part of the game is is is really cool to me because because it's you know, it's something that you know, it's it's hard to do, and and.
Speaker 1: You're tagging a different puzzle every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and you create relationships with all these guys and and you know, part of this businesses is they're not going to play for you unless and unless they trust.
Speaker 3: You, and and and.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that's part really part about why I do this, and and it's really cool. The part about being a coach is that you develop all these relationships with the guys and and you're trying to take them to where they don't think they can go themselves. And you know, that's that's the real cool part for me in this business.
Speaker 1: What do you like in that meeting room with the guys? Is your intensity personified? I think people should go look at some of your own film. Does it swarm Brandon Boy? Back in the day with Arizona? And then you're a six round pick. Not a lot of six round picks. Played ten years in the football league.
Speaker 2: I was pretty lucky, very fortunate. You know, I had some guys that liked me. How I say it that way, you know that I mean, you know, I try to try to help these guys all the time and and try to you know, I've done everything that they're doing, and I've been through everything that they've been through. And I think that, you know, the more I can try to relay that to them and you know, show them the pitfalls that could be in this business or if you don't do this, here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: And I try to be brutally.
Speaker 2: Honest with everybody, and and you know, I'm trying to help them and trying to help them in their career. And you know, I have relationships off the field with with a lot of these guys and and things like that, and uh, you know it's awesome man, that that's that's why you do it.
Speaker 3: You try to get back and help.
Speaker 1: How different is the vibe around here this year as we're about to embark in the twenty twenty three season as opposed to maybe any of the eight previous offseasons you've had here.
Speaker 2: Oh, the actual state expectations are going to be are really really high.
Speaker 3: And I think that's awesome. Yeah, you know, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think that you know, you can't walk the walk and if you're you know, if you're not gonna if you're going to talk to talk.
Speaker 3: You can't walk the walk, you know.
Speaker 2: And you know, we look really good on paper, and we got to come out and we got to show that we're as good as this team, you know, and we'll see how good we are. And and I think it's going to be a physical team.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I really look forward to seeing how this team matures together and plays together. And I think it's going to be fun to see where this ends up.
Speaker 1: You know, what do you think about the schedule release? NFL thinks you guys are going to be good. Five prime time games, the first ever Black Friday game, as well.
Speaker 3: A lot of late nights. Buddy, Yeah, a lot of late nights.
Speaker 1: But for a special team respective, I got to imagine the guys are pretty juiced up play under the lights. Everybody in the NFL is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be watching absolutely anytime that that. Uh, you know, I think, you know, Saul and Joe and mister Johnson and all these guys have done such a great job getting all these players in. So the league is starting to notice things are changing around here. And since I've been here, it's been a total reversal of what it was when I came here. And I'm really excited to see see what happens. And and uh, and I love that the pressure is on us, I really do, because now now you're performed, you know, and we got to back it up, you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm happy. I like it.
Speaker 1: I love it as well. What you got planned for the summer? Any hunt and fish?
Speaker 2: Got where we go on a ton of fishing trips all through Montana and Wyoming. And and uh, I'll be up in Idoha for a little while, and and my my family will come out for for a couple of weeks. And I got a wedding in Vegas for for two or three days.
Speaker 1: That sounds good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then but most of all, just floating down rivers and fishing, buddy, just camping on the river.
Speaker 1: Okay. So what are you fishing for in Montana?
Speaker 3: Trout?
Speaker 2: What about my own trout? All trout? Yeah, all fly fishing for trout, So all fish five six days a week when my family's not in, you know, all fish maybe three days a week.
Speaker 3: When my family's in. But when of my family's not there, I'll be up there every day almost.
Speaker 1: Are you're gonna do any hunting or just fishing?
Speaker 3: Just fishing, okay, just fishing.
Speaker 1: I keep on saying it every year, but I gotta come out anytime.
Speaker 3: Anytime you want to come out, You're welcome, Thanks Brent, all right, anytime,