Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: My name is Matt, my name is They.
Speaker 4: Called me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Andrew treyfors Howard. Most importantly, you are you. You are here That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. If you are hearing our strange news program the Evening it publishes, let us officially welcome you to Monday, January twentieth, twenty twenty five. Happy Mlkday, guys.
Speaker 2: Indeed, yeah, go back and listen to the MLK tapes if you get a chance.
Speaker 3: It's a podcast, top notch pod.
Speaker 4: And check out our earlier epies on this show for co intelpro and several Civil rights era related conspiracies. We've got a pretty deep catalog there. There's so many things ongoing, things happening in the world today. The president of South Korea they mentioned earlier, we talked a bit about, just got arrested in an incredibly high stakes operation. He has impeached his own security force was fighting against the military forces of South Korea. We're going to talk about wildfires, a breakthrough in the Jack the Ripper case, Pizzagate, a little bit of nuclear material trafficking. Before we do any of that, we're talking a little bit off air. Guys excited to share this story because it pertains to some discussions we had had in the past. The government of the United Kingdom has officially warned people that sex toys are tempting target for hackers and can't be potentially weaponized. Remember we were talking about all technology is smart and if it's cloud connected, you can get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 5: There's an app for that to control your dolphin or your rabbit.
Speaker 3: Or whatever the hell they're called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it definitely seems rifer meddling.
Speaker 2: Well, and there was a there was a small section in a story we covered recently about a plane crash where it was possibly personal massagers in quotations that may have been the culprit.
Speaker 4: Right that were weaponized to explode in that way.
Speaker 2: Are we saying people could explode sex toys.
Speaker 4: It would be possible, but it'd be very difficult. You'd have to do a masade pager type thing for that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That makes me think of that case where it turned out that you can't just hack something and make it explode without introducing some fissile material.
Speaker 4: Right, fiscile material. You nailed it. But what this is, this is more a vector or a beachhead for creating a larger hack. Because these Internet of Things devices are connected through Bluetooth or through Wi Fi, and if they're running Linux, the idea is you can get your hooks into one device, then you can pivot to other devices that share that network.
Speaker 3: So it's like a backdoor.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, gosh, yes, very much. A couple levels well died direinal. There's a story by the Thar Tribune. The journalist here is per Thomish Cabra, who talks about this warning. So we're not here to yuck anybody's yum. You know, as long as you're not hurting other people, do as though wilt, but you know, do be aware. It's it's strange, maybe it's maybe it's the old age kicking in, but do you guys, when you're given the choice between one piece of technology that is cloud connected and one that is not, do you have a strong preference, Like if you're buying a fridge, do you want it to have or not have the Internet.
Speaker 5: I don't think I need that technology and my fridge per se, but I'm not opposed to it. I really like my smart speaker system for example, like Sono's. It's a really really convenient way of connecting you know, your music playback and records and stuff to every room in the house.
Speaker 3: But there's some stuff that it just feels like inappropriate.
Speaker 5: Although I will say I do have a Bluetooth toothbrush, a blue toothbrush. I don't use that feature, but it just kind of was there and it was like on sale. I didn't really want it, but there it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably don't want them in my stuff. Do you, ben, Do you use anything that like connects your devices together like that. I don't have anything like that in my eyes.
Speaker 4: No, I don't enjoy it. Have some without giving too many details, right, have have some things that are required to be connected to this wide world of Weberry. But the most recent example, this may be funny for some of us in the crowd, This evening most recent example, through a series of strange events, got a super advanced Japanese automated cat litter box, which required me to get an app. And now I'm in a cold war with this robot because I think I don't need it. I'll just go to where the cat poop is and clean it. I don't need an update. Like hey, you know, for some people who are very concerned about, you know, a sensitive condition for their pets, they might like that functionality. But as our old pal connall BRN was wont to say, it solves a problem I don't have.
Speaker 3: And often creates new ones.
Speaker 5: I mean, like a lot of times cloud connected stuff will totally jam you up until you get that update. And sometimes I can take a man.
Speaker 3: It's like I always wanted to brush my teeth.
Speaker 4: So be aware, folks that a lot of those devices, whatever their use may be, their use case may be a lot of them that have Bluetooth or Wi Fi connectivity do.
Speaker 3: Not have encryption. Like you couldn't even do it if you wanted to.
Speaker 5: I mean, Bluetooth in particular is notoriously vulnerable to these types of.
Speaker 4: Hacks and to the note about including fissile material. According to this report from the UK by their Department for Science, Innovation and Technology or DECENT there is physical harm on the table because you could overheat the device, or I don't to get too specific here, I think of something like a chastity belt. What if you locked it and then engage in ransomware tactics. Buddy, if you want this thing off, give us that bitcoin.
Speaker 2: Ar Wait, are there cloud connected chastity belts?
Speaker 3: I mean that is a case that can It certainly can be.
Speaker 4: I'm thankfully never going to experience that firsthand, but it's a wide world out there, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: No ding ding without the wedding ring. Sorry, Okay, continue.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a cloud connected jassity bell, but I absolutely believe they exist.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna google that.
Speaker 4: There's a Vice article related to this, and we'll we'll move on to more strange news. But it was fascinating to find that really happened. Users of something called the cellmate connected chastity belt said hackers were taking over their paraphernalia and demanding seven hundred and fifty US dollars equivalent in bitcoin to unlock the apparatus.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 4: That's a different case.
Speaker 2: Imagine trying and explain that to your local police department or something.
Speaker 5: Uh So, On the flip side of that, there have been for many years websites that have this kind of interactive element with cloud connected sex toys.
Speaker 3: Sure vibras by design.
Speaker 5: You can pay a token or whatever and then it'll make the thing buzz on the performer, the cam individual.
Speaker 4: So what we're saying there, without sounding like a bunch of brudes, is you don't want to be that person in the in the police department who desperately, you know, needs the use of bathroom or something saying I don't know, officer, I say, we just give them the money in the next, you know, forty minutes, please, So everybody be safe out there, have fun, have adventures. We're going to pause for a word from our sponsors and then we'll return with more strange news. And we have returned with something serious and topical. As we record it is January fifteenth. This is publishing on the twentieth, so this may not be up to date, but we, like the rest of the United States and indeed the world, witnessed the heartbreaking situation as wildfires ran through California. As we're recording now, California continues to battle these fires, with fears growing regarding the Santa Ana Winds. We have personally, without going public with our friends information, we have personal close relationships with people who have had to evacuate, had to literally use their go bags and get out of town, people who lost their homes entirely. And in the wake of this, or as this is continuing, as we're in media arrests, we're also seeing other related stories that are very much strange news and quite disturbing. I think if we consider the next couple minutes a primer on wildfire controversy, we immediately see three big ones. I'd say actually four, but three big ones. The insurance timing right the fact, the insurance timing, the use of incarcerated people as firefighters, and the ongoing conversation about who should or can own water. Tip of the hat to the Resnick family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, e jeez, I didn't know about that one. Ben I recently was hipped to that as well. How can two private individuals own that much of a natural resource that should be available to give life to everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes down to give life into save lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's start there. The Resnick family is Stuart and Linda Resnik. They bought the Franklin Mint back in the eighties, nineteen eighties. They're not that old. They sold it in two thousand and six. The Resnick himself, the pattern familias here is head of something called the Wonderful Company, and through his holding company with his wife, they own palm you know, like the pomegranate drink you see at the fancy juice part of your grocery store. And they own Fiji water brands. They also own here's where water control comes in. They own Wonderful pistachios and almonds, Wonderful halos, well citrus, treat seedless lemons, Justin Wines, Landmark Wines, another wine brand, Floral wire Service. And because they are involved in the agriculture business, that means that they enter into the great conversation about water rights, which we talked a little bit about when we looked at the interstate fight over the Colorado River and the Hoover Dam. Who gets to control that. Anybody who's worked in this type of agriculture knows that some of the products we named are enormously thirsty, like almonds need a lot of water to grow. As as the municipalities and the communities of California were searching for water to fight the fires. This great dare we call it a conspiracy of billionaire's ConTroll? A watcher once again came to the foe and is what else.
Speaker 5: Is there to say other than it just doesn't seem right and it seems entirely a product of you know, capitalism run amok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Resnik is the wealthiest farmer in the United States technically now, He's to be clear, I don't think he's out there and overalls fixing his John Deere himself. I think he has people for that. They own also a majority stake in the Kern Water Bank, which is one of California's largest underground water storage facilities. It can store five hundred billion gallons of water.
Speaker 5: It just seems like with situations like this, given catash of this magnitude and beyond, we're just not that far away from these billionaires and these folks holding the keys to these kinds of resources literally withholding it and just giving it to whomever they choose and leaving others out in the cold or those who can't afford to pay. It just seems like there is just no ethics, there's no humanity, and like these types of arrangements, and I think down the line, we could see like a mad Max Fury Road situation where it's like, turn on the water for the people just for a minute, just to give them a taste aqua cola.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, don't grow addicted. The other thing that's disturbing about this case in particular is that the story only comes to the forefront when there is a disaster or when there is a drought like the twenty eleven to twenty seventeen California drought. That's what prompts these questions. The public thinks about it, it gets in the zeitgeist for a moment, and then the story disappears and nothing changes. But this is very much I think make a very strong case for resource extraction conspiracy, because Okay, every almond grown in the US represents a certain amount of water that was in the US. When you ship the almond to a different country, you're kind of shipping the value of what that water created. When in the problem makes exacerbated or the tendency is exacerbated in bottled water. Right, we talked about NESLI all the time. Nesli will buy up municipal public water sources for pennies on the dollar or pennies on the sip if you wish, and then they will remove that water from the local ecosystem by bottling it and selling it. Most def was correct. Check out New World Water with the rest in case they import Fiji bottled water from the South Pacific, hence the name. So I'm bringing that up to show that water as a business has a lot of knock on consequence is that people aren't fully aware of until till it's maybe too late, you know what I mean. Nesley gets excoriated in the court of public opinion, but to them that may be a cost of doing business. And is that the case with the restings as well. That's just one of the wildfire controversies.
Speaker 5: Not to mention, I also saw reporting about like literally firefighters not being able to get water out of hydrants and specific palisades, and I think they're still investigating that. But whether it was a water pressure issue or like a connectivity issue, whatever it might have been, at that absolutely crucial moment, there was no water available for you know, firefighters to fight fires.
Speaker 4: And this is a tragic point and a continuing issue. It's also a segue toward one of our second big issues for this primer on wild fire controversies. Those firefighters may not be free people. Those firefighters may be incarcerated. People go to multiple sources. Let's go to NPR. They're not perfect, but they do a great job overall. A journalist for MPR, Jacqueline Diaz, January fourteenth, put out a great piece via MPR about inmates fighting California wildfires. This is not a new thing, but just like the restnics control of so much water in California, this story went back to the forefront as more than one thousand incarcerated people joined the fight to preserve California against this series of natural disasters. California's Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spoke spoke with MPR earlier this month, and they said, quote oney fifteen fire camp firefighters had been working around the clock cutting fire lines, removing fuel from behind structures to slow the spread of the blaze. We know that it's a practice that's been going on since nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 5: Is this under the same laws that allow prison labor for private industry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, similar to And some of the people who are incarcerated are supportive of this. I was talking with a lot of folks offline or on social media just to get more firsthand understanding. You can see countless interviews on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, establishment media. The point that a lot of the news seems to miss is that the vast majority of people who are incarcerated due to the laws of this country, they're not automatically bad people, right. They have families on the outside, they have friends, they have loved ones, they have communities, right, and they want that unity to be there when they get out. They want that community to do well. So if you are if we exercise empathy, let's say there is a natural disaster in your area and you are incarcerated, and you are offered the chance to help preserve your community, right, you may well feel all other things aside. You may well feel a moral compulsion to act, and we cannot discount that. Right. We also know, we also know that the US habit or policy of how to use incarcerated labor, and how to pay or not pay, or protect or not protect those people, it's a whole bag of badgers. Right now. The doc in California says everybody fighting those fires is a volunteer. No coerti they're paid between five dollars and eighty cents and ten dollars and twenty four cents per day, not per lay wages. Yeah, very much so. And with that, before we go to a tease with the with the insurance timing, I just wanted to ask you, guys, I think we're all familiar with this program and programs like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only just through this tragedy. I guess.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm familiar with, you know, prisoners being used for labor and being paid peanuts. But this is a little different. This is putting their lives at risk in a very real way. And it also seems to be supplementing a firefighting force that is woefully under funded and that I believe funding was slashed for not long.
Speaker 3: Before the events of the past couple weeks.
Speaker 2: It just seems crazy in a state that has so much money flowing into it through taxes, in a country that has so much money flowing through it via taxes, that you can't fund a firefighting force, You can't fund some of these very basic things to hire skilled people to do it, so you dip into essentially indentured servitude to make it happen. Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and just to clarify our support with some facts, there's an article from the La Times from today or so ago. Did Mayor Karen Bass really cut the fire department budget? The answer gets tricky, But what isn't tricky is that in her proposed budget she did seek twenty three million in cuts to the department. A lot of that focused on reduced equipment purchases. I don't know if you guys saw this, And there are tons of videos of varying degrees of veracity floating around, not to mention the AI stuff of like the Hollywood sign on fire it's own thing, but I saw a video of like firefighters literally using women's purses filled with water to douse fires because they didn't have a hose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and logistics are always credibly fragile. Their mission critical, but they're incredibly fragile in the wake of any natural disaster. It's also, you know, from a Machavelian standpoint or cost benefit analysis, it can be difficult for political figures to put the right kind of money and attention into infrastructure and into logistics because people don't appreciate it unless they need it, unless something goes wrong. Right, if you put a bunch of you put a bunch of funding toward, you know, shoring up levies, and a flood never occurs. Then your political opponents will say you're a person who waste money, waste taxpayer money because a disaster has not happened.
Speaker 2: No, we know.
Speaker 4: Also, speaking of timing, I don't know if we'll have time to get to the insurance stuff. But speaking of timing, we know that the fires hit just months after California voted against a ballot proposition to make it illegal for this kind of inmate servitude. And if that ballot proposition had gone through, it's quite possible that these incarcerated individuals would not be currently fighting fires and risking their lives around the clock. If you want to learn more about this, to go to your honestly, go to your media of choice in the US. Recommend NBC News. Their affiliates out in LA have live updates on the current state of the fires. Our thoughts are with everybody involved. We also can recommend one thing our close friend and colleague Miles Gray, pal of ours at Daily Zeitgeist. He has done a fantastic job of platforming social media awareness, letting people know different funds you can contribute to if you want to help out. Again, a lot of these folks don't have home insurance policies because in the way, a few months before the fires hit, their insurance companies dropped their policies.
Speaker 5: Could we touch on that a little bit, Ben, I don't mind giving the time. I think it's worthy. It was a lot of them just had their fire insurance canceled, not just their entire policy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that happened too. But you know, with all of these.
Speaker 5: Natural disasters like here in Georgia, with the hurricanes and stuff, I mean, all of these insurance companies having to pay out all at once, it's got to be wreaking havoc on that industry. I'm just wondering what some of the calculus is behind this. And this is part of a larger problem that maybe involves some climate change questions that are worth discussing. Yeah, obviously, insurance you know they're sketchy. They can be sketchy, But I don't think everyone involved is entirely evil, And it's trying to see both sides a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the brutal honesty of the internet it this way. You know, who believes in climate change. Private home insurers. You can see that, you know, with the We've got previous episodes on this check it out. But in those we were focusing a lot on private insurance business in Florida, right where flooding becomes a statistical inevitability. Yeah, go to your media choice and check out what Travelers, USAA and Chubb did as the as the fires were on the way, they dropped people because to your question, they were faced with the numbers, there was a growing likelihood of paying billions and damage claims every single year, and because of California's slightly more consumer protections or slightly more robust consumer protections, these companies were not able to raise premiums to where they wanted those premiums to go, and as a result, logically from their end fix aside, they made the decision to either cut coverage for certain aspects or to cancel policies as a whole at the most at risk zones.
Speaker 2: It's so insane, but hey, can you really blame them. They've got to make profit, and if there's crazy high risk that the whole place is gonna burn down, they can't make money. So there you go. That's what we get for having for profit insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Are we at a place though, guys, with some of these the increasing you know, occurrence of these type of disasters where they are going to be parts of the country that people just don't want to live anymore or can't or can't live anymore, is that on the table? It sure freaking feels like sure. It's a big question that goes past insurance. There are places in the US that probably within the lifetime of some of our young listeners tonight, those places may become practically inhospitable just due to you the wet bulb temperature kind of.
Speaker 3: It's without getting remind me that, Ben.
Speaker 4: It's the shorthand for when it gets so hot that it is impossible for a human being to survive outside for extended periods of time. You can't drink enough. If you are in the sun, no matter what you do, you will die perish in So that's going to happen. We also know there's a little bit of hope because California has something called the Fair Plan. It is a state run program that gives fire insurance to people who can't find it in you know, traditional private insurers. Currently they have a three percent market share, so most people are not on this fair plan. And I guess we have to say in full disclosure. We have done ads for I believe travelers.
Speaker 5: In USAA in the past, and I don't want to sound like I'm just being mister insurance, but I just do want a devil's advocate here and say that, like, I was treated very fairly by an insurance company with the destruction of my property due to Hurricane Helene. So I mean, I know there are circumstances where they do right by people. I was actually shocked at how little nickel and diming I felt from the people that I was working with. I was kind of blown away because all of our coverage on the show about the industry, I was really expecting the worst. So, I mean, it is a bigger question, like we also, I think it's worth exploring maybe in an update episode who Ensures Insurance Companies? There's a whole other industry called reinsurance companies that I think would be worth exploring, because it kind of boggles my mind these levels of betting on disasters, and once the disasters increase to a certain magnitude, how can you keep making those bets? You're going to have to make some of those calculations for certain parts of the world, certain parts of the country.
Speaker 4: If you want people to live in a place, you have to make it possible for them to do so, that's the easiest way to put it. There's so much we haven't gotten to. The allegations of arson right, the old ah god, the old sawhorse, of claiming people are looting when they're just running with the few things they could grab before their houses burned. Be very, very skeptical of a lot of the social media stuff you're seeing, and please, please, I'm begging you folks, exercise critical thinking.
Speaker 2: I saw one video of David Spade in his car and he had just witnessed somebody get arrested for arson, like the local authorities caught the person attempting to start a fire in a residential area, and it seemed to really he seemed very disturbed, and he offered five thousand dollars to anybody who could, you know, identify an arsonist out there in certain parts of the city at the time, which is really I don't know it. It was shocking to me just to see this person that we've seen on television offering money. You know, to get somebody somebody else arrested, but he had just witnessed it happen.
Speaker 5: He did witness because Ben, are you saying that there have been maybe false reports of this kind of thing to demonize certain communities, et cetera.
Speaker 4: For the looting, yes, uh, for the leading, I'm yeah for arson perhaps because again a lot of the posts that you might see could be performative. That doesn't mean the real crimes are not occurring, just means we have to be very careful about the possible agenda or the framing of those things. And there's there's so much the potential lynch mob of it, all right, and we have to remember, of course opportunists love chaos, so there is there may well be people who always wanted to burn something or have always wanted to loot a building, and they were simply waiting for the right time when the rule of law broke down. There's so much else that we're we're not going to be able to get to will probably we'll probably follow up with an episode as as people learn more objective facts. The main thing is if you want to help, it is possible for you to do so right to the best of your abilities. We know that these kinds of disasters seem set inevitably to continue in the coming year, so please stay safe out there. Folks, write to us with your first hand accounts to the degree that you are comfortable sharing your story, and let us know what other allegations you see in the wake of the California fires. For now, we're gonna pause for word from our sponsors and we'll return with more strange news.
Speaker 5: And we've returned, guys, I've got two stories. I think I'll just lead with a quick update. You mentioned some developments in the Pizzagate scandal of some years ago. I don't think we need to relitigate pizza Gate Herezza.
Speaker 3: Not needed.
Speaker 5: I think a lot's been made of that, and then this is maybe the time or place for it. But I do think it is important to note that the gunman, Uh, the individual who drove from his home in uh North Carolina to that Comet pizzeria in Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Place where a lot.
Speaker 5: Of lawmakers and lawyers would come for lunch, shot the place up because of concerns of a demonic cabal being housed in the basement of the place, which I believe it was determined that the place didn't even have a basement. Noah, with an assault rifle, mind you, during a routine traffic stop, it would seem in North Carolina. In Cannopolis, North Carolina, Edgar Madison Welch, who was a passenger in the vehicle that was stopped just a few days ago Saturday, as we were this on Wednesday, was shot and killed because he when faced with this traffic stop, he pulled a weapon out and pointed it at officers. He was taken to a hospital by emergency responders, and he died from his injuries a couple of days later. None of the officers or the driver were injured. So kind of a tragic end to a tragic story, because you know, a lot of To me, at least, what I remember about Pizzagate was that was kind of in the height of sort of pre QAnon, kind of just Internet insanity of a lot of these incredibly speculative and increasingly wild conspiracy theories that were just flowing around were beginning to see some action taken, you know. So yeah, this was not this was pre QAnon, but it had the flavor of what that would become.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pizzagate occurred during an incredibly sensitive time in the United States the twenty sixteen election cycle, and as as you noted, NOLA was the belief that NYPD and some other forces had discovered a child abuse ring that was linked to the Democratic Party, and a lot of this, I think it's fair to say was was red meat for people who were opposed to the Democratic Party's presidential candidate at the time, former Sex State Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the emails, It was the email leak, which then spawned a lot of the q andon stuff.
Speaker 5: So like all because of keywords, right, like pizza, CP jeez, pizza or the other abbreviation, which is what they what they thought.
Speaker 3: Do you guys see what I'm getting at?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: Doesn't this feel like an early example of what would kind of spin out of control even further during COVID with the q andon type of stuff. It just seems like that same kind of red meat.
Speaker 2: It's one of the building blocks for that, like one of the primary foundational things.
Speaker 4: If q andon is a cake, then you could say pizzagate is the flower. It's a key ingredient in the recipe and QAnon, as everybody knows, please check out our pal Jake Hanrahan's excellent work on this. QAnon Q clearance I believe was the name out. Yeah yeah, and QAnon itself really really gets its gas together around twenty seventeen. So these things happen very close, they are interrelated, and you know, there's it's such a danger. It's so easy for someone to be pushed over the edge, just one little nudge at a time. And I think Pizzagate was an example of this that really really let the public know about just how insidious these radicalization practices can be.
Speaker 5: How mainstream they can become, and how like I mean, I believe Jake Hanrahan used the term wine mums referring to like folks who are just kind of locked in, you know, during lock in and just looking for something to do. And we're just so susceptible to this kind of radicalization, if only out of a sense of boredom.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, and it's a hack of human psychology. We talked about this at linked in previous episodes. But basically, if you already don't like someone, then you are going you're going to be strongly biased toward things that seem like bad news about them, and it'll be strongly biased away from good things. About them. Like if you have a beef with someone, even just in your personal life or as a public figure, and you hear they did something good, then part of your brain is going to say, ah, caveat though someone else did it right right.
Speaker 3: Or they did it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 5: They did it as a self aggrandizing thing, or as a way, you know what I mean, Like it was deceptive in something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like anything to stop them from anything that does that keeps your image of them as a bad person is what what your brain will find, maybe without your conscious assent, but it's There was a line by h. Louis c k before before all those things came out about him, where he said, you know what, if you don't like someone, you're just gonna find reasons not to like him. If you hate someone and you see them enjoying a sandwich, you'll think, look at this eating his sandwich.
Speaker 3: Who does he think he is? What a horrible person?
Speaker 4: So I think, so big, so big with your BLT foot, with your five dollar foot loss BLT.
Speaker 2: Sadly watching the British bake off by yourself.
Speaker 3: With sob we'll get out of my house.
Speaker 5: That uh huh?
Speaker 3: I love They're my friends. They're my parasocial friends.
Speaker 4: I love iron Chef. I think that that fits the deed for me. And I've caught myself eating you know, a denty more canned beef stew watching watching I love denty war watching some ornate uh, some ornate poetry in seafood and and just like sitting there eating out of a can like the punisher going dumb ass doesn't know how to caramelize.
Speaker 5: Hot hot hot hot take ben though, uh chef boy r d versus denty moore.
Speaker 4: Go denty boar okay or sugar content?
Speaker 3: Oh good, good, good to hear, Matt, you have.
Speaker 2: A pro must concur okay.
Speaker 5: I haven't eaten either in a hot minute, but I do like chunky soup from Camels.
Speaker 3: It's good quality can and.
Speaker 4: Good on their pr for pulling off chunky product name. Finally, like what other what other thing? A soup is such a weird thing too, We're gonna let's do a ridic history.
Speaker 2: How else are you going to get of your sodium intake drink Campbell soup, Yes, a salt let?
Speaker 4: Perhaps one of their lines was Another of their pr lines I used to study these guys methods was soup so thick you can eat it with a fork, which is so unappealing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's like beer so good you can drink it with your mouth.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Miller Lite. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Indeed.
Speaker 5: Have you guys seen the Campbell Chunky soup ads featuring Travis Kelsey of Taylor Swift. I think I saw their new tagline, is it eats like a meal?
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe maybe there's like maybe the person writing this is not a native speaker. But the other thing that.
Speaker 3: It's not a meal. It's like a meal. It eats like a meal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe it's not. Butter is a very Also, you gotta eat, Yes, bring up you gotta eat all the time. I think that's a very honest tagl Like one last thing I know, got to get to this other story, you know, one last thing that I don't know if they still print it on the back of these Campbell soup containers or tens. But their marketing also snuck into their instructions and they wanted people to feel like they got more soup. So if you back in the day, if you looked at the heating instructions, they would say, all right, open the can and put it in one large bowl or two serving bowls. And that was just like their slick little wave of saying, hey, you're actually buying two meals of soup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think it's reflected on the serving size. Probably.
Speaker 4: Oh well, come on, man, no one pays attention to the serving size.
Speaker 2: I do, guys.
Speaker 5: I've been calorie counting these days, and I very much can I scan it into my little app Well, it's been good for me. But the last thing that's unrelated. I'm sorry I have to bring it up. It's sort of tangentcy. But did they really used to put the photos of missing children on milk cartons?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that that's true?
Speaker 4: That's true. Okay, that's true. And found few of them too, thankfully, good job, Good on you, big milk. Well, we'll move on really quickly, guys.
Speaker 5: I didn't think that was going to yield as much conversation as it did, but I guess I should have known. I mean, we haven't talked about pizzagate in a minute. I hope the listeners do appreciate the refresher there, guys. But let's move for the second story to London Town in mary Old, England. The United Kingdom, some updates to the classic serial killer case. I guess, in many ways kind of the prototype for the modern serial killer. If I'm not mistaken. I'm sure there are other cases surrounded. But this was in eighteen eighty eighth.
Speaker 4: I have heard this news. No, I'm really this is.
Speaker 3: Cool, this is interesting.
Speaker 5: In eighteen eighty eight, in the Whitechapel district of London, a murderer, a mad killer, was on a spree, murdering at least five women. He went unidentified in a case that has remained unsolved for one hundred and thirty years, but now descendant of the victims of Jack the Ripper sorry bearing the lead. There are calling for a new in quest reopening of the one hundred year old case, hundred year plus old case due to new evidence that has come to light in the form of a bloodstained shawl that was shown to contain the DNA of someone who was once a suspect for these Jack the Ripper killings. A Polish barber by the name of Aaron Kosminsky who was a suspect at the time. Guys, do you remember if he was? Because I know that the Alan Moore incredible Alan Moore a very deep dive into the story. From Hell kind of took a very similar approach to like Zodiac, the David Fincher film, where it's like, you really do kind of get a sense that the crime was almost solved, but then things sort of went awry, or people died or the wrong people didn't come forward. Is kaus Minsky mentioned from Hell.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I can't remember I read it.
Speaker 5: I would as well, and I need too, because it's an incredible work. It's incredibly grizzly. The film is okay, but the graphic novel, in its very stark, kind of almost pencil style, kind of almost scrawled, is really arresting, and it's quite long and really goes into some very deep details about this historical murder case. I wouldn't be surprised if he was, but he was, in fact an actual facts as Lauren bogmamould say, suspect at the time. He was never arrested because police didn't have any hard evidence linking into the Achilles.
Speaker 3: Of course, in eighteen eighty eight.
Speaker 5: DNA was absolutely not a thing, and they didn't even have any circumstantial evidence. It would seem to tie Kuzminski to these horrific murders.
Speaker 4: But didn't he get locked away in an asylum like after?
Speaker 5: I don't have those details in this piece from the Telegraph, but it's entirely possible. I think the most important takeaway here is that this shawl, which is said to have been found on the box body of the victim, Katherine Edwards, the fourth victim to be precise, has been found to contain both her DNA and that of Kosminski. It was recently purchased at an auction by Russell Edwards, who is a Jack the Ripper enthusiast and author and researcher. Sorry, I don't mean to be dismissed. He was more than an enthusiast, He was a researcher and writer on the subject. He said, justice can be served by finally naming the killer, even though this case is you know, everyone involved directly is long since past. He In fact, the purchaser, Russell Edwards, has hired a legal team to try to secure another inquest Karen Miller, who is fifty three years old today and is the three times great granddaughter of the victim in question. Here, edoes I may have said Edwards because we were also talking about Russell Edwards. I may have misspoke, but Catherine Edoes was the name of the victim whose shawl was sold at auction and found to contain the DNA of Kosminsky. She provided her DNA, which was a match to the sample that was found on the shawl, and she told the Daily Mail the name Jack the Ripper has become sensationalized. It has gone down in history as this famous character. It's been all about him, but people have forgotten about the victims did not have justice at the time. And you know, guys, I would argue that that's absolutely true. You know, there is like a certain glorification of this figure of Jack the Ripper, you know, especially in like true crime enthusiast circles.
Speaker 3: So to take away.
Speaker 5: That sober quet, maybe I'm using that wrong, might be powerful, might have power, so to give you know, I would say that Aaron Kosminsky is a lot less sexy sounding than Jack the Ripper. So I could see this doing some good legacy wise, But it also seems like with a case this old, maybe this isn't the best way of spending public money.
Speaker 4: It may you know, even even when justice grinds incredibly slow. I would argue it is philosophically and ideologically important for a community, whatever its size, to have closure, to know to solve a case. Right, It's often thankless research. I'm interested in nol in learning, uh, learning, whatever this inquest it happens, may find because from what I recall, and I'm just off the dome here, a lot of Ripper Jack the Ripper researchers tended to consider and dismiss Kamenski because or Cosminski, uh, because of some timeline stuff, some of what they saw as as behavioral pattern and the one thing that I remember. Don't quote me on this because I have to check, but I think the asylum that took him in in eighteen ninety one, I think they said he only spoke Yiddish, and whomever authored those letters to the paper, if it was the actual Jack the Ripper, they clearly spoke and read English. Well.
Speaker 5: It does also beg the question of you know, does this trace of DNA evidence, one hundred and thirty year old DNA evidence, is that alone enough to one hundred percent pen this on that individual? There would have to be other factors, hence the need for a new investigation right right?
Speaker 4: Could it have I mean, could that evidence have been contaminated? Do we really believe that it was held sacrisanct and you know, sealed off for so long. But still to your earlier point into what I think is launching the inquest, there must be other factors and it is it seriously bears looking into to find the DNA of a suspect on one of the possessions of a victim. There's no way around it. I feel like you have to investigate further otherwise it's willfully dismissive. It's purposely, it's on purpose choosing to remain ignorant about a lead, which, as you said, it is a breakthrough.
Speaker 3: Matt. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on this.
Speaker 5: With all of your true crime podcast investigations and background, I know that Golden State Killer was a good example of new information coming to light in an old case, not as old as this, But I just wonder where you stand on is a new inquest funded by the public the right move or if it's such a wealthy person who bought the shawl, is it something more maybe that would be best served by private investors.
Speaker 2: I think there's enough interest in true crime in general for cool like go fund me situation to happen if if they really wanted to happen. I don't know. It's really tough when you're when you're looking at evidence that's that old, because you you think about how important chain of custody is and how important all of these things are in our in legal systems throughout the world, and you're looking at stuff from you know, that long ago. Who knows what kind of contamination may have occurred, who knows what kind of situation could have occurred, where that evidence is actually no longer viable and doesn't prove what everyone thinks it's proving when all the testing is you know, done. So it's just it's a tough situation.
Speaker 4: Well said.
Speaker 5: Now that I'm intrigued by this crowd funding notion, it does seem like you know, I mean, because there are so many unsolved crimes in the UK that don't get the funding or attention they deserve. Like in the comment section on this Telegraph piece that I was mentioning, this is a This comment from Frank W. Duh is pretty pretty much sums up the sentiment as much as I understand and sympathize with the relatives. I would much rather today's government invested the time and money into a deep and very thorough public inquest into the so called Asian and others rape gangs that go back at least fifty years with it another comment or privately funded. Only the government have better things to spend time and money on. Hey, looking at the unsolved knife crime stats in mister Cohn's London, I would say he's still about referring to Jackie the Ripper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there are also some Clearly there are some politicized aspects to some of those comments. But that point reminds me of other investigations that we know did get covered up, like abuse rings in Parliament. Anybody who is looking into Operation U Tree things like that, they got knocked down. So there is I still say you would for a breakthrough of this magnitude, you should have an inquest. However, you should also exercise due diligence to advance understanding into in scrutiny of these other many crimes that do not receive the same attention because they have not been I'll say it glamorized right in popular culture. I don't know, it's a complex bag of badgers, and I really appreciate you bringing us this story and do we have any do we have any like timeline from people seeking an inquest or do we just know now it's just proposed.
Speaker 5: There's there's obviously co sign from multiple descendants of the victims, and interestingly from a descendant of these suspects who is also in support of finding out the truth in this case. Amanda Paulos, who is his three times great niece, said, I'm more than happy to finally establish what really happened. The corner of the original eighteen eighty eight investgation returned a verdict at the time of what was what was called willful murder, So it would require band answer question permission granted by Richard Hermer, who's the Attorney General, and with his you know sign on an inquest could go ahead. Sir Michael Ellis refused permission for a new inquiry when he was the Attorney General just a couple of years ago, so this has been an ongoing thing.
Speaker 3: So there you have it.
Speaker 5: Let's take a quick break here, a word from our sponsor, and then come back with our last few pieces of strange news for today's episode.
Speaker 2: And we've returned. Last time on Strange News. Guys, we mentioned Monster BTK. It's currently number one in true crime. So thank you so much for listening. If you're out there and you listened, amazing, amazing. We're going to start with a little something that we've all dealt with before. Color additives. Ooh, color additives. All of them that are used in the United States must be approved by the FDA before they are used in foods, before they can be put in a food and then sold. There are thirty six FDA approved color additives. Nine of those are synthetic. This is coming to us via NBC News in an article written January fifteenth. By the way, we'll tell you the title that article in a moment. One of those synthetic dyes is red number three. It was approved in nineteen oh seven for use in food. It's made from petroleum. That sounds delicious. That's the stuff that makes gas, you know, for cars and stuff.
Speaker 3: Dinosaur juice has been put it in a recent episode of Ridiculous Sister.
Speaker 2: There you go, guys. The FDA first became aware that read three, this specific one, was potentially carcinogenic when a study was released in the nineteen eighties and found that it created tumors male rats who were exposed to it in high doses. That's the nineteen eighties. Red number three is already banned in many countries outside of the US, including Australia, Japan, many countries within the European Union. Then back in nineteen ninety, guys, the United States banned the use of red three in personal care products, so stuff that you put on your face or you use in your mouth, but not a food. Does that make sense, kind of like a toothpaste, dent, priss. There you go. Then, just a couple of years later, in twenty twenty three, I'm joking there, the California Food Safety Act banned Red three in all food products sold or distributed within their state. And now, guys, as of today, when we record on January fifteenth, that's a Wednesday, the FDA has banned the use of red three in all foods that are going to be manufactured or sold within the US.
Speaker 4: Am my ongoing attempts to be positive, I will say, better late than never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only, you know, only like forty five fifty years later we figured it out. And I remember there are also a bunch of other additives eight in particular, other ones that are synthetically made so cool. This is the red, by the way, that gives that deep like cherry color or that red cherry color. It's the synthetic one that makes that color. I don't know. It's just kind of exciting, guys, because you know, there are a bunch of advocacy groups out there who have been talking about this for a long time, and they say all kinds of things, like it's directly tied to cancer as well as affecting children's behavior and all those kinds of things. The two sides that get created when an advocacy group comes out like that, essentially are the folks who use this stuff and make a crap ton of money by having the stuff in their products, versus the people who are you know, generally concerned with safety about that bronc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's often a David and Goliath situation, at least here in the United States, because the people who are pushing for greater regulation often end up not having as much capital or infrastructure support as the folks who are profiting from those same things. Not to say that these folks are getting their jimmies off. Imagining terrible things happening because of food coloring. They're getting their jimmies off imagining how profitable this kind of product or additive is. And this leads us to something else. A question for the group. Do we think part of this ban is coming as a rush to get some policy enacted before the administration shift.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe do you think so?
Speaker 4: I'm just curious. No, it's just a question for the group for the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, yeah, I could see that. I could see that as being a thing, especially if some of these government agencies are going to be nerfed a bit with the new administration. Yeah, it would be nice if somebody was, you know, watching our backs a little bit. That would be cool.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you gotta get America Plus. You have to subscribe to America Premium Citizenship for that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, double plus.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: This, by the way, you can look up right now. The NBC News article is titled FDA bands red number three artificial coloring used in beverages, candy, and other foods. There are thousands of products, by the way, which use right now red three, and manufacturers will have until January fifteenth, twenty twenty seven to reformulate their products, so we'll still be eating lots of it for some time. If you eat anything that is red and the uses this dye, yikes. Hey guys, you ever use protein powders? You ever used that as part of your daily thing?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have. Well, guess what I guess some news A quick reminder. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, there is no level of lead that is safe for humans.
Speaker 4: Oh I read, Oh god, yeah, I know what we're getting to yep.
Speaker 2: Additionally, according to the US Department of Labour's Occupational Safety and Health Administration, cadmium is a carcinogen which is also toxic to the body's heart, kidneys, gut, brain, and respiratory and reproductive systems. Well, guys. According to a fresh investigation from the nonprofit outfit the Clean Label Project, many of the over the counter protein powders that you can buy right now may contain disturbing levels of both lead and cadmium.
Speaker 4: I remember reading about this and then deciding this is so terrible. But I remember thinking, well, I have found a good reason not to exercise today.
Speaker 2: Hey, there you go, there you go. Well, this is a reminder, just like in some of the individual investigations and reports that were made about Red three that we just talked about. This is an independent investigation by a nonprofit organization that potentially has you know, some kind of skin in the game, right, potentially, and I use that word potentially, so you have to take it with a bit of a grain of salt. It's a single report that is what other larger advocacy organizations are saying. Some other organizations are just saying, hey, this is a really good piece of info to have, we need to do more testing to find out how dangerous this actually is and you know where the potential contamination is coming from and how it's getting in there. You can find the whole report if you search for Clean Label Project twenty twenty four DASH twenty five Protein Powder Category Report. It's a lot of stuff, and it's it's really bad. It basically says the chocolate flavored drinks have way higher levels of these heavy metals and toxins than like vanilla flavored ones or other flavored ones. It also said the organic versions have intensely higher levels than ones that are quote not organic, right, so it's just very strange. The plant based ones were the most egregious versions, And we've talked about that before with potential leeching from soil. Yeah, right, if the soil itself is contaminated by water runoff or just however else the soil could get contaminated. The plant based ones are made from plants, and the plants soak up those kinds of metals, and then when they're you know, ground up and used in the manufacturing process, there's potentially higher levels of lead and cadmium.
Speaker 4: Organic does not necessarily, despite what companies want you to believe, organic does not necessarily always necessitate something being better. Yeah, there's a whole there's a whole conspiratorial nomenclature of vocabulary set about this kind of stuff. All natural.
Speaker 3: Okay, buddy, gotta watch out.
Speaker 2: It's all in the language and it can be used against you, guys. I've got a bunch more stuff. Maybe I'll just give a couple of quick ones here. Remember when we talked about that New York mayor guy Eric Adams M.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's huge in Turkey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is very popular, very busch looks really imposing on that perp walk with Luigi Manjohnny.
Speaker 2: There you go. So we talked about him back in September, when he was charged with five criminal accounts, including bribery, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, and solicitation of a contribution by a foreign national. This is coming to us again from NBC News. You can read about it. It was posted on January seventh, twenty twenty five. Title is Federal prosecutors say they've uncovered additional criminal conduct by New York Mayor Eric Adams. That week, it was announced by the Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. That quote, law enforcement has continued to identify additional individuals involved in Adam's conduct, and they've uncovered additional criminal conduct by the mayor. The mayor responded at a news conference the following day after this, guys, we've just got a quick quote here. It is. These are the words of New York Mayor Eric Adams. Quote. Even Ray Charles can see what's going on. Ray Charles, if you're unaware, was a very famous blind musician, singer, songwriter, an incredibly talented individual. He goes on, I've said it over and over again. I've done nothing wrong, so assuring words.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fine to say things in sale kinds of things. I just said that.
Speaker 2: Oh magic, there's one other thing. Maybe we say this for later. There was a smaller town in Louisiana, Boga Lusa, where a mayor was arrested as a part of a large drug distribution investigation where opioids, high grade THHD products and MDMA were being sold, and then those proceeds were being used to purchase weapons, and then those weapons were going to individuals who are legally not allowed to have said weapons. It was a big deal. You can read about that in CBS News just search for Louisiana mayor arrested after drug trafficking investigation. There's a lot of interesting stuff in that article. The mayor was only twenty five years old. Is this yes? I remember, yes, yes, tyring T y R I N T R U O N G and you can read all about this thing is very very strange. It's what you would imagine charges of conspiracy to distribute substances, and it has to do with you know, it's like separate charges for Schedule one substances and Schedule two substances and schedule whatever. But ultimately it's just drug trafficking. And the mayor there in Bogalusa is somehow wrapped up in it. Last thing, guys, weapons trafficking, not just drug trafficking. Weapons trafficking, that's a there's big money in both of those. But weapons trafficking now, especially internationally, there's legendary enrichment potential there, right, big deal. Okay, So here is something coming to us from CNN. We'll tell you the title in a moment. And this is all according to the US Department of Justice and gentlemen named Takeshi Ibisawa. This is a sixty year old alleged leader from Japan's Yakuza crime syndicates. So potentially one of the individual groups there has pled guilty to quote trafficking nuclear materials from me and Mar. Yes, yes, as part of a global web of trades and drugs, weapons and laundered cash. So the weapons trade is already existing here and according to this guy again, he pled guilty to it. He was trafficking in fissile material. Okay, let's jump into this. You can find the article alleged to Yukuza leader admitst trafficking nuclear materials from me and Mar. That's MOI A N.
Speaker 4: M A R.
Speaker 2: During an undercover investigation by the US DEEA This is back in twenty twenty one. This gentleman, Takeshi, tried to sell the materials, including uranium and weapons grade plutonium. Remember in our discussions with fissile materials, weapons grade plutonium means this stuff has been spun up in centrifuges to the point where it can go. It can make the big boom if you want it to. When you've just got regular role plutonium or uranium. That stuff is radioactive and extremely dangerous, but it wouldn't be able to trigger a nuclear reaction the way stuff that's inside a nukewood right, Yeah, but weapons a great plutonium ding ding, that's the stuff. So he was trying to sell this stuff to a person he believed was an Iranian general. So a general from the country of Iran who wanted them for a nuclear weapons program. Yikes, yikes, especially considering what's going on right now in the world and the wars being fought and human beings being killed, and the aspirations of leaders in various countries. That's dangerous, scary stuff. I don't know, but it's something we talked about before. I suppose for a weapons dealer, and it doesn't matter who you're selling the weapons to. And we know that weapons can be sold strategically to, you know, an enemy force, depending on who the opposing force is, and it can be done in a very strategic manner to do the old pick up the gun situation.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, in this case too. I remember, before this guy admitted or confessed, one of the one of the big parts of this kind of investigation is, like you said, Matt, getting the person boxed in to prove that they have intent and full awareness, right, So that part of the theater here is making sure that this that this dude knows vaguely what the purported general is planning to do, like you are supporting the possibility of nuclear warfare. Otherwise, you know, you can try to squirrel away legally speaking, into something where you could say, oh, I didn't know, you know, look at me. I'm an old school criminal. I don't understand the ins and outs of nuclear weaponry. This was just another thing for me to sell. I mean, my main thing is Pachinko parlors. Guys, if we're being honest and now, that won't work. And that's part of the brilliance of these sorts of the I would say the long term intricacy of those kind of investigations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah. This guy, by the way, also is accused of a lot of things, including trying to sell surface to air missiles, and you know, he's admitted to a lot of other things like selling specific weapons to other countries. It tons and tons of international narcotics trade stuff. Sure, which again, if you you know, you imagine a crime syndicate, Yeah, that's kind of kind of what you do. But selling facal materials maybe that's a whole other that's a whole other thing. There were photos exchange in this whole undercover investigation where some substance that looks to be uranium or plutonium is photographed right next to a Geiger counter that is showing whatever it is, it's radioactive. Who knows. This is a big investigation. There's lots of stuff at.
Speaker 4: Play, surprisingly endearing pictures of the suspect yourself, yeah, oh yeah, toys.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, holding some kind of RPG just with his glasses on. He's just like, hey, check out this leather jacket.
Speaker 4: It's the energy of your favorite uncle when they catch a big fish. Yeah, I have to get a picture of it. This is also I guess we should mention, Matt, this is not a solo arrest, correct, there are two other defendants?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, Yeah? Who are those guys right now?
Speaker 4: Where we haven't pulled their names? We would have to, We would have to dig into this a little bit more there. Look, this happens because often folks like this are not going. You can't do this by yourself, you know what I mean? Even in what was that Nicholas Gage film Lord of War, he had to have a lot of connections to traffic weaponry on an international scale. So this means this is just our opinion speculation. This means the most logical move for this ongoing thing is to keep pulling the threads. Right. Who are you meeting on the other side of the table here, right? Because they don't manufacture this stuff in Japan? So are the triads involved? Do we look toward North Korea? Those are the conversations and investigations happening now, and I think we can expect more arrest or more progress. The question is whether any of that will be in the public sphere. Also, Japan's got some problems with this justice, very different problems than the problems here in the good old US of A. But you guys know the old the old chippoleth about Japan's ninety nine percent conviction rates. They h they'll get you. There's there's not a way in hell unless unless some serious, high level negotiations happen in some smoky back room. This guy's going down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. Let's end here with a quote from Acting US Attorney Edward Y. Kim for the Southern District of New York. Uh, here we go. As he admitted in court today, Takashi Ibisawa brazen Lea trafficked nuclear material, including weapons grade plutonium, out of Burma. So in this case, the US attorney is is calling ME and R Burma because that is what it was formerly known as. It's like kind of the we talked about that kind of interchange. The but ME and Mar is what it is known as and referred to you mostly now men.
Speaker 4: R is what the people of that country want it to be referred to as.
Speaker 2: Yes, continuing the quote. At the same time, he worked to send massive quantities of heroin and methamphetamine to the United States in exchange for heavy duty weaponry such as surface to air missiles to be used in Burma, or ME and Mar and laundered what he believed to be drug money from New York to Tokyo. And this is all part of that undercover investigation where basically this guy is just being strung along by DA agents. There we go, guys, That's all I've got for this week.
Speaker 4: And there's so much more, As we always say, there's so much more that we have yet to get to. We want to hear from you, folks. We've explored several ongoing stories. We didn't even mention our boy, the millionaire who wants to live forever. Talked about him previously. Remember the guy who was using his kid as blood bag. Yes, and beat a blood bag to his grandfather as well. Just to let you know there was a circle of life there. He quit one of the drugs on his regimen because he said it was making him older.
Speaker 5: I did see that, and wasn't it like the longevity drug?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, So let us know your experiences with anti aging drugs. If you are your loved ones are affected by the California wildfires, please feel free to reach out to us to share your story. We are holding you in our thoughts and you know, given the chance, do your best not to not to smuggle weapons or nuclear material internationally. We hate to be the uncool dads, you know what I mean. Go have fun, but don't get too wild. Instead of participating in cover ups and conspiracies, why don't you help us shed light on them. We try to be easy to find on our email address open twenty four to seven, on our telephonic line, and of course on the other lines, the lines that are on the lines that you're sex toys use. Sorry, next story.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: You can find the handle conspiracy Stuff where we exist in all those places, including Facebook, where we have our Facebook group here's where it gets crazy, on xfka, Twitter, and on YouTube, where we have video content colore for your perusing enjoyment. On Instagram and TikTok, however, I guess at least until mister Beast buys it should guys see that.
Speaker 3: That's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 5: He's mister Beast is apparently leaking up with all his billionaire friends to buy TikTok. Maybe as a goof AnyWho. On TikTok and Instagram, we are conspiracy Stuff show. You can also find us as individuals.
Speaker 3: I'm how now. Noel Brown on Instagram and bullet.
Speaker 4: First you need to take the boos of a young willow tree, arrange them in the correct pattern, dance witter shins under a new moon and light black flame. Or you can find me at Instagram and a burst of Creativity at Ben Bollin on x or Twitter at Ben Bullin hsw tk traphouse mutually Assured distraction. There's a website as well. Go forth, Go forth, Matt, you got anything?
Speaker 2: What is tiki traphouse?
Speaker 3: That's for him to know and you to find out.
Speaker 2: Bud, No, is that a real thing?
Speaker 3: Unclear?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, Hey, we have a phone number. It is one eight three three std WYTK. When you call in, give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. It is a voicemail. Remember that you got three minutes say whatever you want. If you got more to say than can fit in that voicemail, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 4: We are the entities that read every piece of correspondence we received. Be well aware, yet unafraid. Sometimes the void rites back, back, back, back back back. Are you sure? Are you serious? You might be saying there on the edge of the firelight is one way to find out, walk a little bit further, Join us out here in the dark conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.