Speaker 1: We're going to make America healthy again by cleaning out the sound fridge. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the fridge, I cut some iffy hamburgers the other night. How how long would you let hamburgers sit in the fridge? So I'd opened the package so it wasn't still sealed up. They were already pre made patties. Okay, there was like four them in there. I'd eaten two of them. I had two left. How long could you leave them in the fridge and feel safe about it?
Speaker 3: A few days? Two days?
Speaker 4: Three max?
Speaker 3: It was a week.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, jack raw meat.
Speaker 3: But it was refrigerating the entire time.
Speaker 1: Yes, covered, of course, Yeah, okay, it was a little it was fairly gray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there happened.
Speaker 5: You're a man, you're a man of means.
Speaker 3: Just getting new meat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, and you're already not feeling good.
Speaker 2: I wasn't worried for me. I was worried for my son. I thought, jeez, if I make him really, really sick, this is some bad parenting. And I couldn't tell with my col that just didn't didn't smell like it seemed like it ought to smell. As I was grilling it, I cooked him more than I usually do. Usually I'm kind of a medium rare burger guy. I went ahead and cooked it all the way through. So we're okay as days ago, so we haven't died.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go, there you go. There's your answer.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of food, I'm going to start the cleaning out sound fridge oddly with an email from oh sorry, metal guy, thank you. I'm going to change his last name to Jones just because he doesn't need.
Speaker 3: To be docs or whatever.
Speaker 1: But Eric potassium Benzowait Jones from Beautiful Oregon. Right, guys, it's probably because I'm mentally disturbed, but RFK Junior's announcement about banning petroleum based synthetic food dies offends.
Speaker 3: Me to no end. He was actually joined by.
Speaker 1: Marty Macari of the FDA, who's a sane guy like Marty played clip eighteen for us.
Speaker 6: Michael, Well, these diyes have been associated with obesity and diabetes. They've been associated with attention deficit disorder, hormone disruption, and as a doctor, I think of it this way. When we've got an surging epidemic of all of these chronic conditions and no good explanation as to why don't we want to air on the side of safety. These are petroleum based chemicals. Nobody would think it's reasonable to do a randomized trial where you inject half the kids in the trial with crude oil to see whether or not it's good for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd be against that. Definitely, injecting children with crude oil my opinion. Marty Mackery has dropped a bit.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem with that argument is we got all these problems, so why not ban a whole bunch of things that might happen to have anything to do with it. I mean, I don't get that argument.
Speaker 1: Well, and as Eric points out, the demagogery is shameless. The whole petroleum based rhetoric is only meant to hornswog the public. G that can't be good for you. Really, why would it make you worry about taking aspirin if you knew it was ultimately petroleum based?
Speaker 3: Of course not.
Speaker 1: Either it's even safe over a long period of use or it isn't We have an organic food spouting which doctor Crank with no scientific background, in charge of our government health bureaucracy, a combination of yule gibbons and wavy gravy who parenthetically would actually.
Speaker 3: Be better choices, but sadly they are dead.
Speaker 1: And then Eric handily enough included the blast freebas I know, such good writing. I was gonna make that part of a mail bag with that one from Jess and Wiley, Texas talking about the Papoosas. That was such good writing about bad neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: Should be in the That should be in the like Wall Street Journal or something.
Speaker 3: It's that good.
Speaker 1: Oh. I know we have a number of correspondents Eric and Jess and j T and Poolo and all who are just wavy gravy with both of whom would be better choices. Yeah, but Yule Gibbons, who's that this will explain Clip seventeen.
Speaker 7: I'm your Gibbons. I've spent years learning about natural foods. Ever eat a pine tree. Many parts are edible. Natural ingredients are important to me. That's why I post. Grape nuts is part of my breakfast. This wholesome cereal is made from wheat and barley. These naturally ingredients are baked into crunchy nuggets and fortified with vitamins. It's naturally a sweet taste reminds me of wild hackory nuts. I call grape nuts. My back to nature cereal.
Speaker 1: I like grape that's Yule gibbons, naturalist Yule gibbons of yesterdayear.
Speaker 2: We grew up with that katie that was on our TV every day.
Speaker 3: Have you ever eaten a pine tree?
Speaker 2: That was a regular joke.
Speaker 1: And here you're eating a pine tree. So here's a cereal made out of barley and wheat.
Speaker 3: What he has to do is pine trees.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean the ingredients are grape nuts are basically you know, they're very, very good.
Speaker 3: But I had my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son had his first bowl the other day because I love grape nuts, and.
Speaker 3: He said, how do you eat these? It's like a little bull of rocks?
Speaker 2: And it is like a little bull rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In one of those jarring transitions that have endeared us to dozens, this is the documentary. The trailer rather from an upcoming HBO documentary about Paul Rubins aka pee Wee Herman.
Speaker 8: Guess what I'm having a party and you're invited. I wanted to be a performance artist. Out of nowhere, pee wee Herman popped out of me. The audience ate it up and went crazy. There wasn't like a moment in the eighties that wasn't super cool to be meet and then dark music bump bump, bump bom. I lost control of my anonymity that it was devastating. I don't want to come off like a victim in some way. I kept who I was a secret for a really long time. I hid behind an alter ego.
Speaker 3: Today's secret would is death is just so final.
Speaker 8: To be able to get your message in at the last minute is incredible.
Speaker 2: I read about that really pretty interesting story. He was a kind of a avant garde sort of artist, sketch person, sketch comedy person, and he created this character be with Herman, which really took off if you lived through it. You know, he had major motion pictures and all that sort of stuff. But and then he got caught in a theater work in as man, So that put a damp around his career for a while and changed people's image.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If if today that would be that big a deal, although it was a kids program, so that hurt right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I mean if he was like a professional bull rider or something, I don't know, But yeah, he did a kids show.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that's.
Speaker 2: Really good brand for a professional bull rider either caught in and.
Speaker 3: He's not a good brand for anybody. It was a porn theater, which.
Speaker 1: Is you know, it's not like he was seeing you know, I don't know, Star Wars and he engaged in self pleasure met right, you're watching a larger movie doing it.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly? Old yeller?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh oh my too.
Speaker 3: Bring to even contemplate. That's funny. That's the key to the whole thing.
Speaker 9: You're caught in a theater, uh, you know, doing your thing, and uh, if it's a porno movie, it's bad, but it's come your your life's over.
Speaker 2: If it's just a regular theater, you're.
Speaker 3: Better off in at CD theater.
Speaker 1: Well right, yeah, I mean you can explain that, okay again a jarring transition. These are a couple of twins clip number ten, Michael who speaking tandem.
Speaker 5: Apparently he went up there and he was coming back down towards this and he goes run, he's got a gun.
Speaker 3: Oh shut up? What was that?
Speaker 4: Those were two twins acting like they say everything at the same time, and you could clearly hear one of them trying to catch up.
Speaker 1: No stop, and then they forgot they remember the script and then that was stupid.
Speaker 3: Michael, Is there more to choose? Who's to blame for this? Somebody did, wasn't me?
Speaker 2: What's the number one creed for the Armstrong and Getty show. Who's to blame?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: So solving the problem must wait until we assigned, Michael.
Speaker 4: Don't you dump that on me?
Speaker 5: Getting back to this twins, So the story was that their mom got carjacked and they were on TV and they were interviewed and they were speaking like this, and apparently some doctors have said, in rare cases they're Australian twins. This happens where twins can finish each other's sentences.
Speaker 2: Like this, their mom got carjacked. And when they were interviewed, they talked and.
Speaker 5: They bost spoke yeah in tandem.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: For not being the guy who brought the clip, you sure know a lot about it, Michael.
Speaker 3: No, I just saw the story.
Speaker 5: I didn't bring this particular Yeah right, sure, okay, sure, Australian twins, Okay.
Speaker 4: God, neither one of them said, Craig, this is just oh.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry. We did that already, we did that joke already. I apologize. I retracted my beginning of an introduction. Uh, is there anything else? We ought to play?
Speaker 1: Michael ms skin in the list, and I don't know, it's all a lot of it's so heavy.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys said a couple of days on the burger, and I pushed it out too week, so I wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: Really, No, you know, three days I'm reasonably comfortable with. I'd take a look at, take a sniff, he said in the fridge.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, comfortable if I did twice that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, wha, listen to that? Sorry about that? My phone my phone ring tone is trump yelling.
Speaker 3: Oh is it? You should have put it up of the microphone that covered it up.
Speaker 2: I need to have fun ring tone, So I just mind just rings like a phone.
Speaker 3: I've got.
Speaker 2: I know somebody who's got a goat screaming as a ring tone, and every time their phone rings it about me. That's a terrible idea. God, you're couldn't give somebody a heart attack. I didn't even know you can still download ring tones.
Speaker 4: I thought, Yeah, I've had this one for a minute. Here, hang on, here it does.
Speaker 8: Your phone is rigging, and it's rigging.
Speaker 3: It's spectacular.
Speaker 7: Fish and I just have to say, the greatest ring the world.
Speaker 3: Has ever seen.
Speaker 7: And on the other end of the phone, who's there.
Speaker 8: You look at the caller ID, we call it caller ID, and they say, Ida is racist coller id.
Speaker 1: It could be a credit card scam, or it could be a car warranty, or it could be on the other end of the phone the greatest president the world has ever seated.
Speaker 3: Now, I see why you hit the red X. It was on for a minute, doesn't it does. That's good.
Speaker 2: That's a good ending.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess that's it.