Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: And now, here's Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Darlene Graham is the real deal.
Speaker 4: I said earlier this year, 2026 is a year of affordability. And President Trump nailed it when he said that Darlene Graham understands the issues facing Americans today and South Carolinians today the issues of affordability. She goes to the grocery store. She understands the prices of eggs and meat and some of the challenges facing the American people. She focuses on helping people with disabilities for the last 30 years as their career. She is ready, highly qualified, incredibly competent, ready for prime time.
Speaker 3: I hate politics.
Speaker 2: So dumb. That's the..
Speaker 3: Senator from South Carolina whose heart didn't explode on him, Senator Tim Scott. The other one, Lindsey Graham, his heart gave out on him.
Speaker 2: And I like Tim Scott.
Speaker 3: I like Tim Scott, too.
Speaker 2: That's why I.
Speaker 3: Say I hate politics. When you get to silly season, when you get to the final days of elections, even your favorite smart people who are otherwise, you know, not phony liars will say crap about Because when it gets down to the crunch time and close elections, that Senator Tim Scott trying to pretend that Lindsey Graham's sister, Darlene Graham, didn't have a disqualifying moment in a debate last week. We played that over and over. You've heard it where she was asked about the United States and Taiwan. And she clearly had never thought about the issue in her life. She didn't even make up an answer. She said, I just don't care much about foreign policy. That was your brother's entire thing, by the way. He was the number one foreign policy arguer in the Republican Party for like most of my lifetime. And you have never even heard of like the number one foreign policy issue ever. that we're going to have to deal with in the future.
Speaker 5: Fairly deft political maneuvering, though, to call that a strength, because she is so focused on dinner table issues.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have time for foreign wars. She's about America. She's about South Carolina.
Speaker 5: I don't buy it, but it's a decent effort. It was that part he said at the end.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you... I could never be a politician. That part he said at the end. She is qualified. She is 100% ready to go. She's... No, she's not qualified. She also sounds dumb. I don't know if she is dumb, but she sounds like Luann from King of the Hill. She sounds like Luann from... Major babies, Uncle Hank. I want to be your senator, Uncle Hank. That's what she sounds like.
Speaker 2: This is unfair. I can't believe I'm witnessing this. This is slanderous.
Speaker 5: It's sexism, certainly, and probably Yankee belligerence against her for.
Speaker 2: Having a Southern accent.
Speaker 3: But this is not a..
Speaker 2: I'm sickened, y'all.
Speaker 3: This is not her running against the Democrat and I'm tearing her down. She's running against a different Republican. Now, I don't know this guy. Who's the other guy?
Speaker 5: Which makes your misogyny all the more horrifying. Who's the guy she's running against today?
Speaker 2: Ralph Norman, I think.
Speaker 3: And it's today. And so you pick a different Republican, and that guy, who I assume is not completely unqualified to be a U.S. senator, could be the U.S. senator in the Republican Party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ralph Norman's a longtime politician, a congressperson. He's also 73. So we get a choice between Luann and a guy who's, you know, he's going to be pushing 80 by the time term.
Speaker 2: Number one is done.
Speaker 3: Wow. I want to be a senator, Uncle Hank.
Speaker 2: See, that's not fair.
Speaker 3: Here's Luann Darlene Graham yesterday explaining why it's not a big deal that she had never even thought in her life about Taiwan and China.
Speaker 1: You know what I've done in the last week? I've gone around this entire state talking to as many people as I possibly can. And you know how many of them brought up Taiwan or national security?
Speaker 2: Not one.
Speaker 1: They're talking about the rising cost of health care and affordability. So that's what's important to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I'm doubling down on my criticism of you. It's the timbre of her voice and her southern accent, and you're comparing her. hilariously, to Luan from the King of the Hill. That was a perfectly intelligent statement of some good politics.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, that wasn't a perfectly into not, as I said last week, and I guess we should have played the clip. Not only has, so it's a difference between the, if she wants to be a house member and you haven't thought about Taiwan and, uh, China, I hate that. I wish you were more into the news flow and like had at least like ran in a circle where you'd have that conversation with your friends about it or something like I do, for instance.
Speaker 2: Um, yeah.
Speaker 3: But fine, you want to be a House member, you're one of 435. To be a U.S. freaking senator, you've got to be the kind of person that thinks about this sort of stuff. And not only has she never thought about it, her answer of, well, I just, I'm not somebody who knows anything about foreign policy. You couldn't even make up a BS answer. You can't be a U.S. senator. You don't have the brainpower, Luann. You live with your aunts. So is Hank, is Peggy Luann's aunt? Aunt and uncle, right?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with the voters of South Carolina?
Speaker 3: She sounds like Luann from King of the Hill.
Speaker 2: The great state of South Carolina. Now, this is ugliness here.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, again, to not even be able to fake up an answer of, I'm still getting up to speed on our options on Taiwan.
Speaker 2: I haven't been briefed, obviously. I don't have a security clearance.
Speaker 5: But I know they are a critical partner and ally and have been for many, many years. And we stand with the people of Taiwan against the threat of the communist Chinese.
Speaker 2: In a number of different ways. I mean, you can't come up with that.
Speaker 3: I don't really know much about that. It's a very touchy issue and nuance. And what I plan to release within the next 72 hours is my foreign policy proposal for a global way for the United States to look to the future. Something. But if you can't make up that, if you can't say that sort of thing, you can't be a U.S. senator. It's all about Ora Taiton there in the chamber, you and your 99 other people. Here's how it went down.
Speaker 7: Senator, are Taiwan and the South China Sea national security issues for the United States?
Speaker 2: If so, why?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?
Speaker 7: Are Taiwan and the South China Sea national security issues for the United States? And if so, why or how? I'm just going to be honest here. I'm not on national security. I'm not that informed on national security. But I do support the military.
Speaker 3: Those were gasps and at least a boo.
Speaker 5: Like, what? It was several boos and oohs.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend left me, Uncle Hank. Oh, no. No, this is not right.
Speaker 5: Then she held a Bible study in the pool wearing a tiny bikini.
Speaker 8: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: Again, that was King of the Bible. Darlene Graham. That's right, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Trump's supporting her and claiming she's all she's unbelievably qualified and the best. And I can't believe Tim Scott said that, dude.
Speaker 2: She's Trump's choice. He's a Trump loyalist.
Speaker 3: Politics is stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. Well, we'll see how it turns out today. How do you think the South Carolinians are going to look at it?
Speaker 5: I suspect it'll be quite close. South Carolina is a very Trumpy state. Ralph Norman is a known quantity and is pretty respected. He also, Darlene Graham comes off as a rubber stamp of Trump. I'm not sure she will be, but that is her entire campaign is I'm Trump's gal.
Speaker 3: Part of it will be because she's never thought about the issue before, so I might as well do what the president tells me.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Whereas Norman has cut a more independent, you know, image saying, look, Trump's right about a lot of stuff and I'm with him. But no, if I think he's wrong, I'll say he's wrong. Again, politics is stupid. And, you know, you can't say it enough.
Speaker 3: The Winston Churchill quote, it's a worst form of government ever invented, except for all the others.
Speaker 2: Democracy.
Speaker 3: But the whole carry on the legacy thing. of the name. You're not carrying on the legacy of a foreign policy heavyweight who cared more and thought more about these issues than practically anybody I've ever known.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right.
Speaker 5: And his expertise in the Judiciary Committee. I mean, seriously, I adore my wife, but it's like if I passed and she took over the talk show, it would be utterly.
Speaker 2: Inappropriate to continue the legacy.
Speaker 5: Or if, God forbid, the Lord takes her, and I'm hired to balance the books at a bank.
Speaker 2: That would be bizarre. Don't you care about the legacy? You don't care about the legacy? Yeah, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll see how they vote. Democrats have done this over the years, too. I'm not complaining. This is a one-off or a one-party or anything like that. I hate the legacy stuff where you go with the wife or the brother or the son.
Speaker 5: And they'll get her staffers who are experts in all this stuff, and they'll advise her how to vote, and she'll go along probably with what the party tells her to do.
Speaker 3: Which might be half the senators the way it works anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, yeah. That's disappointing. I wonder if she'll... eat the white man's white meat. Another one of our favorite quotes from King of the Hill.
Speaker 3: God, my son's on a King of the Hill binge again, and so I keep seeing it on in the living room when I walk by, and that show is flippin' funny. It's got such a great heart, too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: John Redcorn.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was just about to bring that up. The fact that Dale was willing to overlook the obvious affair, he was being cuckolded.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes. And everyone knew it.
Speaker 3: And his son is clearly of Native American heritage.
Speaker 2: But he has no idea.
Speaker 5: And his wife's massage therapist, John Redcorn, is constantly squirming.
Speaker 3: I need to treat her migraines. I will need some time.
Speaker 2: I'll go away then. Yeah, so they walk.
Speaker 3: Into a bedroom the other day, and he says, I need to treat her migraines. I will need some time. And a bottle of Asti Spavanti.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got more on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Well, some entertainment news.
Speaker 8: Vin Diesel said that this December they will start shooting the 11th Fast and Furious movie. The squad is getting a little older. Half the movie is just them trying to get into the car.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt that. As I mentioned, when I was down in Vegas, we were trying out. I was going to rent a car, and I ended up renting this 66 Mustang GT. It was just amazing. But I was looking at it. They had a Lamborghini to rent and all this. I couldn't get in and out of that thing. It's just painful. I would have had to roll out onto the pavement, then get onto my hands and knees and stand up.
Speaker 2: Which isn't a good look.
Speaker 5: I had a performance car for like a year and a half that was not crazy low, like that kind of car, but it was low enough that I realized, all right, every time you get in and out of this, you're thinking, oh, okay, that went okay.
Speaker 2: No, no, get a grown-up car.
Speaker 3: So this is a heck of a, this is the front page story, which is meaningless now. now but it's the big story today in the wall street journal and if it's true it's damned interesting the warnings that came before a war now reaching the six-month mark and it's different than when the way i had been looking at it all along days before going to war with iran in february president trump summoned his intelligence chief to the oval office to ask whether a full-on assault was a good idea So there was some debate going on behind the scenes, and in this whole, he thought it would be another Venezuela. Well, clearly, plenty of people told him it wasn't going to be another Venezuela. I'll get back to the story. Iran was at its weakest point in decades. Senior aides and Benjamin Netanyahu told him, providing Trump the rare opportunity to dismantle Iran's nuclear program, the question was whether a large-scale attack would work and possibly topple the regime. Then-Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard outlined assessments from America's intelligence apparatus. According to people familiar with the meeting, she told Trump that killing Iran's supreme leader would likely usher in a more hardline regime, ding, open to acquiring nuclear weapons. Tehran would rush to close the Strait of Hormuz, ding, destabilizing the global energy market, ding, and would strike U.S. forces and partners in the Middle East, ding, ding, prompting questions about American resolve and reliability with allies.
Speaker 2: Ding.
Speaker 3: All of that has happened, of course. The notes of caution echoed warnings Trump was receiving from all corners. Top military leaders told the president their war would lead to casualties, concerns about the weapons stockpile, ding, and readiness problems for an overstretched force, the Wall Street Journal reported. So that is pretty damned interesting, obviously. Then you got this. Not everyone agreed on the case for war. Vice President J.D. Vance promoted a more cautious approach, officials said. Iran might dissolve its nuclear program in negotiations, he told the president. Getting a deal was a risk but less costly than a war with unwieldy consequences. Plus, Iran's economy was collapsing under heavy U.S. sanctions. If that path proved fruitless, Trump would have more legitimacy to attack Iran in a swift and overwhelming operation. But let's do this first. Trump listened, but was ultimately swayed by Pentagon presentations of decisive options. The point the Wall Street Journal is making is that Pete Hegzeth and Dan Cain, the Joint Chiefs Chairman, convinced him of the military option. But he was definitely told by all the intelligence agencies of what could happen and ultimately did happen.
Speaker 2: So it's not like it was..
Speaker 3: Completely a surprise, the idea of closing the Strait of Hormuz, firing on our bases, ending up with hardliners in charge when you kill the Supreme Leader that are more committed to.
Speaker 2: The cause, blah, blah, blah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. You have to take all these insider accounts with a grain of salt because you could rephrase it or just add on a little more, saying the intelligence assessment also said that those effects would be temporary.
Speaker 2: And given the risks of Iran, blah, blah, having a bomb, etc.
Speaker 3: As I have learned from smart people through the years, this comes out of the Bob Woodward world, his books. You read a story like that, whoever ends up looking the best is often your source.
Speaker 1: J.D.
Speaker 3: Vance looks really good.
Speaker 2: In that story. Ah, yes.
Speaker 5: Especially when he was tasked with the fruitless and idiotic negotiations and was embarrassed by their failure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that all rings true. Speaking of ding.
Speaker 3: He would have been in all those meetings and him going to the Wall Street Journal off the record and telling them, hey, they laid all this out for him. Exactly what happened. Step by step. Like they were like they had a crystal ball. I, however. stood up for the good people of America, and suggested this.
Speaker 5: Right, and especially because, you know, to some extent, the goat's horns were being put on him for those negotiations, although I think everybody's moved on. That was another one of those political stories that was super hot for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. I love that insight. Yeah, I'll bet it was Vance.
Speaker 3: I'll bet it was, too. And, you know, and he's going to run for president, or he's certainly considering running for president, and he wants to try to massage this story before he does sure yeah and how it ends nobody knows at this point it's definitely uh fraught with uncertainty but could be the outcome is pretty positive if that's accurate though that's something that uh the intelligence people were saying almost exactly what did happen on day.
Speaker 2: One armstrong and getty.
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 3: How things going, huh?
Speaker 2: We don't ask you enough.
Speaker 3: How are you? It's always talking about us.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I feel bad now.
Speaker 5: Earlier this month, a couple of transgender women who used to play in the NBA announced that they wanted to play in the WNBA to make the point that just because you say you're a woman.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make you a woman at all.
Speaker 5: And the idea of men playing in women's sports just because they claim they are women is absolutely absurd. Good illustration of what I'm talking about, which is you can't reason with a lot of leftists when they made those declarations and said they wanted to play in the league. And indeed, you're probably familiar with the story at this point. Sophie Cunningham, a player in the WNBA, said, no, there shouldn't be boys and girls sports. There shouldn't be men and women's sports. Which is a perfectly sound and very, very plain speaking argument.
Speaker 2: This was the response from one of the WNBA coaches.
Speaker 6: The hate, the fear mongering, the divisiveness, the stuff that's trying to hijack our league will not win.
Speaker 4: It won't win.
Speaker 6: We are united. We are connected. We will not be divided. Every day these women put their on the line. Every day. When they go low, we go high.
Speaker 3: Love will win. Grace will win.
Speaker 6: Humility will win. And kindness will win. I stand by them. I will always stand by them. Everybody else can go to hell.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what the question was?
Speaker 5: I must have spaced off when she addressed the thing about dudes playing in her league.
Speaker 8: Well, right.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what the question was?
Speaker 5: She was being asked about the eligibility and the Enos Cantor freedom and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But how is that going to destroy your league?
Speaker 2: Well, they will not be divided. Love will win.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have to ask you to pay more attention.
Speaker 2: So my point is that.
Speaker 3: It would destroy your league if the NBA players came in and played.
Speaker 5: Or it'd make it worth watching.
Speaker 3: Is that what she was responding to? Or it was just the conversation that Sophie... It was just the conversation Sophie Cunningham introduced, right?
Speaker 2: Right. Michael? Michael?
Speaker 9: I remember she wasn't supporting the players on her team. They were at a press conference and the players... No, that's... But it's all... It has all to do with the the transgender thing. That's the topic. And you can't get them to address their own cognitive dissonance. Here's another example.
Speaker 5: Because all of these champagne socialists in New York City, it turns out like Mamdani's entire cabal is like rich kids. And, you know, those of us on the right and center think that's ironic and odd that they're constantly shouting about, I stand up for the working classmen. The rich kids who have no idea how wealth is accumulated or how business.
Speaker 2: Is run because they were handed it. But I thought this was so interesting.
Speaker 5: This is from The Gothamist, which is a New York City newspaper now website. They went to this anarchist bookstore and talked to a bunch of the people, the proprietors and the customers at this. The bookstore is called P.I.T. Property is Theft. It's a Marxist-anarchist bookstore. But in a city with skyrocketing costs, patrons said that having the co-chair of the local Democratic Socialists of America live in a million-and-a-half-dollar home in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, bought by his parents, is relatable. It's not the end of the world for me, said 48-year-old Jay Blum, who described himself as a leftist. He argued parental help was all too common among New Yorkers. If you're not benefiting a little bit, then you're just struggling all the time, he said. Okay, so that's, you know, super expensive. Everybody needs a little help from their parents. So, no, I don't hold it against the guy. Earlier this week, the New York Post reported that the DSA NYC co-chair, Gustavo Gordillo, lived in the home, which is also undergoing seven figures worth of renovations. Critics seized on the news as evidence that Gordillo, Gordillo was not practicing what he preaches. Some DSA members have been critical of property ownership as a concept and cast extreme wealth as a moral abomination.
Speaker 2: Critical of property ownership as a concept.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You're not an American.
Speaker 5: They mentioned that it was reminiscent of last year's mayoral campaign when Andrew Cuomo criticized Zoran Mamdani as a champagne socialist. for living in a very nice rent-stabilized Queens apartment. Bernie Sanders came under scrutiny for becoming a millionaire and owning three homes. Sanders, who credited his financial success to a best-selling book he wrote, refused to apologize. said Eric Blanc, an assistant professor of labor studies at Rutgers University, who is a DSA member, quote, people voted with Bernie, and it showed that these smears didn't land. What people care about is what you do and what you fight for.
Speaker 3: These smears.
Speaker 5: Okay, so very much like the WNBA coach, just relying on slogans and we come in love or whatever.
Speaker 2: Humility will win. That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Trent Thorne, age 29, said he didn't believe in owning property, but he added that a million and a half dollars didn't strike him as a particularly valuable home in New York City. Maybe he could rent out to some other people, but that's ultimately up to him.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: You just said you don't believe in owning property, but you just advocated for property rights. Manolo Dilos Santos, the executive director of the People's Forum, which hosts DSA events and organizes left-wing protests, saw the coverage of Gordillo's home as an attempt to sow division and distract working-class New Yorkers. There's a real fight for most of us who live in the city to simply be able to live in an affordable city.
Speaker 2: That is the real fight.
Speaker 5: We're fighting against the interests of the billionaires that are represented precisely by the New York Post and its owners.
Speaker 3: I feel like you shouldn't have to respond to somebody who says, I don't believe in owning property. I feel like you should just be able to go, ah, and walk away from them.
Speaker 2: Or just say you're an idiot. I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, so apartments, houses, where are they going to come from? And then why doesn't everybody on earth want to move to New York City? Because you get a free house.
Speaker 5: Because when we get the working class revolution going around the world they won't need to because it'll happen in their own country yeah but what about the interim lots of people want to live in new york we come with love and grace and humility we will not be divided love will win yeah i.
Speaker 10: Don't know i i don't even feel like they're it's worth having conversations um it's amazing that you can stand up in front of people though and they'll cheer when you say crap like that.
Speaker 2: All right, one more quote from this.
Speaker 5: Here's your DSA co-chair, Grace Mouser, who's getting a little attention. She characterized the story as doxing. And she said, we can't choose the status we're born into, but we can choose what we do with the privileges we inherit. Gustavo, alongside many of his fellow DSA members, oh, he has a man bun, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, full disclosure. Man bun.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Gustavo, alongside many of his fellow GSA members and many great heroes of history from Fred Friedrich Engels to FDR, has used his access to fight for the working class and organize for victories that are redefining American politics.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, right. Okay.
Speaker 5: What are we going to do with the kids, though, that are indoctrinated? We've got to find some way to talk sense into them. Maybe just let them get out in the real world for a while.
Speaker 3: I don't know. These are all such different topics. You want universal health care. That's a legit discussion, and it very well may happen in my lifetime. But the, I don't believe in owning property, is not doable at all, and it's not going to happen in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 3: It's insane. So, I don't know. These are different topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all tearing down the system, though, from their point of view. But they seem, some of them anyway, seem.
Speaker 3: To actually believe it's a workable plan.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do. They're delusional.
Speaker 3: Where are the houses going to come from? Who's going to build them?
Speaker 2: The government.
Speaker 5: The government builders, equally. And you'll only have to swing a hammer until you're tired, then you can go home or something.
Speaker 2: What was that quote a couple weeks ago? You'll only work as much as is necessary.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And then you always have the weird thing that if Elon's right, and I don't know how this works, but we just, AI takes off and we're so flippant abundant that everything practically is free. Money has no value. But I heard a good conversation the other day, and Elon's never addressed this. Nobody ever does. It's just, there's still going to be, like, places to live that have nicer weather than other places or better views.
Speaker 5: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 3: Or whatever. They're going to be in more demand. I mean, how's all that going to get worked out? Nobody even addresses it. Well, I'll tell you precisely how it's going to work out. Whoever is most powerful and closest to the government will take the good stuff.
Speaker 2: And you will get the tracks.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I hope I get to live through this, and sometimes I hope it somehow gets delayed.
Speaker 5: I might end up in a trailer park with that Ohio hoe that Jed York was looking to get with.
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: There was no hoe.
Speaker 2: Oh, right. It was a cop.
Speaker 3: And the trailer park really had nothing to do with it. They just had to pick a location.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Kind of interesting that they picked a trailer park, thinking that that would be... I mean, they weren't specifically trying to get an NFL owner billionaire. They're just trying to catch people that were soliciting prostitutes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie?
Speaker 5: I believe you would call her an Ohio, if you will.
Speaker 2: That's exactly. Ohio. If she existed, yes. But again, she didn't. Much to Mr.
Speaker 5: York's disappointment and chagrin.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there are Ohio's. It's the world's oldest profession, and it's not exclusive to the other 49 states. Um, but yeah, the whole thing was a ruse. So he got, that had to be, God, what was his heart rate when he pulled up and found out it was the cops? Ooh, might've been 250. Or he's so wealthy, he thought, well, this will be mildly inconvenient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to know.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's already on the splits with his wife.
Speaker 3: Right, so he didn't have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not somewhat embarrassing.
Speaker 3: But is it? To who? The crowd he runs with, which is quite possibly other rich dudes.
Speaker 2: Who also pay for sex? So they're just going to think, ah, hey, I heard you got caught.
Speaker 3: That sucks. Well, yeah, that happened to a buddy of mine. What a drag. How long were you in jail?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those things.
Speaker 5: I had an interesting conversation with my daughter about this the other day. libertarianism is looking at the legalization of hard drugs in Oregon, for instance.
Speaker 2: What a disaster that's been.
Speaker 5: And how, you know, liberty intersecting with the social welfare state is unworkable in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: And maybe human nature, which libertarians really don't like that idea, that some things you can't– because of human nature, you just can't allow it.
Speaker 2: And then you end up on the road to serfdom. Read it someday. It's truly interesting.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I just– The whole, if you buy her dinner and she thinks, yeah, he's a nice enough guy, why not a little bit? Or, you know, but if she says, I'm not hungry, why don't you give me the $ 140 and we'll have sex?
Speaker 2: Well, that is illegal.
Speaker 3: So you're saying if you buy her a $ 140 meal and have sex and she's having sex with you because she feels like you bought her an expensive meal.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's okay. But if she says, I already ate. I'm stuffed. How about you just hand me the $ 140? I'll feel just as grateful and still.
Speaker 2: Have sex with you.
Speaker 3: It's a crime.
Speaker 2: Right. Exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That is kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sex slavery notwithstanding. That's a different subject and a warrant that doesn't count.
Speaker 5: I assume in this scenario, the non-existent hooker was just looking for.
Speaker 2: A little side hustle, literally.
Speaker 3: And there's plenty of that going on. Let's not pretend there's not that also. Adults who are willingly choosing to sell their bodies for sex to people who are willing to pay them for it. That happens, too. It's not all sex trafficking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm aware of a young woman who has made it infinitely clear, having just had a breakup, that she would only get with men who are successful.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've known lots of women that way.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 3: I know a friend of a friend. I knew her well, so it wasn't somebody I didn't know. I knew her. She said it out loud. I heard her in person. She would only go out with, using my finger quotes, guys who had Visa black cards, which if you don't know what that is, you've got to be crazy rich.
Speaker 2: Well, that's trading companionship, physical and emotional, for money. That's legal. I don't know. At the same time, I don't want streetwalking hoes walking down the street.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Can you draw the line somewhere there? Figure that out.
Speaker 2: How about bare-chested gigolos? Don't want that either. Sickening. All oiled up and tan.
Speaker 3: That would be a good question, though. Was his heart rate 250 and he was sweating and sick to his stomach and thought, oh, my God, this is awful? Or he thought, jeez.
Speaker 2: Oh, for God's sake. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Right. Getting pulled over for rolling right turn. All right. I wonder.
Speaker 3: We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I was kind of interested in this story Katie brought us yesterday. Taking a screenshot, which I do regularly. Dozen times a day. Taking a screenshot could sabotage memory, researchers find. The idea being that our brain does some sort of, okay, I don't need to remember this because I put this over there, which I can't figure out is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe it's a good thing. It's like freeing up our brain saying, are there other things you're going to need to remember? This one's taken care of. Like how to excel at that video game you constantly play.
Speaker 2: No, it's a bad thing.
Speaker 5: I remember a study came out, like 40 seconds on AI and your brain gets weaker. Whatever that was a while back.
Speaker 3: Is there a difference between this and jotting down a note? Why doesn't your brain react the same way? You jotted down that note, so now you don't need to memorize that phone number. You wrote it down.
Speaker 2: I think it's comparable, yeah.
Speaker 9: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I think about that. I do the screenshot thing all the time. I have to, but at this point in my life, though, if I don't, I'll never remember anything.
Speaker 5: I think the difference is that it's become so effortless that you do it for everything as opposed to you don't jot something down. If you thought, you know, there's little chance I'm going to remember this.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, though. I mean, because I got this example and I still am the only person I've ever heard talk about this. I should write a paper or be the test case or something. Using the self-driving on your car all the time makes you a much worse driver in a regular car. I know for a fact that that's done that to me.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt it.
Speaker 3: It would be the same sort of thing, right? My brain has decided, oh, okay, you don't have to pay attention when you drive. I thought all these years you need to pay attention. You don't have to pay attention anymore.
Speaker 5: Correct, 100%.
Speaker 2: I don't want the show to be over, but I am ready.
Speaker 3: Here's your host for Final Thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 5: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. There he is pressing the buttons in the control room. Michelangelo, what's your final thought?
Speaker 9: I don't care if some people think it's politically incorrect. I'm going to catch up on King and the Hill this afternoon.
Speaker 3: It's a funny show, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. So good. Katie Green, our esteemed newswoman, has a final thought. Katie?
Speaker 3: Since we talked about Doug Ford, you should check out Trainwreck, Mayor of Mayhem. It's about his brother Rob Ford on Netflix.
Speaker 5: It is a..
Speaker 2: Great documentary. Oh, really? Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a bit of fondness for The Blow, as I recall. Jack, a final thought for us?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm just bad at this. Other parents, maybe you can weigh in. I feel like I'm taking freshman biology again and junior chemistry. It's just I'm so involved in helping out, and I have to read enough of the chapter to help my kids with their homework to even give them an idea of what to work with. Practically, I'm taking the classes again.
Speaker 2: How about don't figure it out yourself? That's time-honored as a technique.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my final thought is, speaking of that sort of thing, is you're talking to young socialists, young would-be socialists. You just got to ask them questions. How would that work? Where would the money come from? Would companies earn as much? If they didn't have the incentive to earn it, just keep asking questions.
Speaker 3: Were you dropped on your head?
Speaker 2: Are you a moron?
Speaker 3: Are you sniffing glue out of a sack? All those questions.
Speaker 2: Do you have a brain?
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty are having another grueling four-hour workday.
Speaker 5: So many people to thank so little time. Go to armstrongandgetty.com for all the pleasures that await you there, including the swag store.
Speaker 2: Drop us a note. Mailbag at armstrongandgetty.com.
Speaker 3: Pleasures like a trailer park. Those kind of pleasures. We'll see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 5: When you're on the go fill the time with the friends you know.
Speaker 2: Jack armstrong and joe getty.
Speaker 5: The podcast they made podcast they made has all the news you.
Speaker 3: Can take all the news you can take they call it armstrong and getty on demand subscribe
Speaker 2: Right now and remember it's called armstrong and getty on demand the armstrong and getty