Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty one, Episode two of Darn Dailey's I Guess Day production of My Heart Radio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, January seventeenth, twenty twenty four. Oh you know what that means? Of course I do mind. This one is.
Speaker 2: Actually has a registered trademark next to the name because it's Pop by the Sailor Man Day.
Speaker 1: Hey pop out, so shout out to him. I guess National Classy Day.
Speaker 2: And there's a picture of Betty White. I don't know why, but it's just saying like, hey, y'all be classy, treat people with compassion Betty White like Deady White. And also National Bootleggers Day? Did I say thattin slip? National Bootleggers Day? And also National Hot Buttered Drum Day?
Speaker 1: Not the most exciting you are drunk and classy seventeen days in this is the day, the international day to stop doing dry January. Apparently right, They're like bootleggers and hot buttered rum.
Speaker 2: And be classy and just eat a can of spinach like Popeye and you're good.
Speaker 1: I was just listened to Oh No, I was reading a book that took place in like the early twentieth century. I think that's where. But anyways, it was just like some guy randomly dropped in a gratuitous Popeye reference. It is like, as the new comic character Popeye, the sailor Man says, I am what I am? I was just like, what the fuck? But then I realized, like that must have been just the hot shit like pop culture at the moment, right right right, everyone was Popeye great?
Speaker 2: Did you ever like I remember in school we got in trouble for singing a lyrically modified version of pop by the sailor Man positt.
Speaker 1: Ring of a hop by the sailor Man. They've been a.
Speaker 2: Garbage camp, garbage camp, I go to the movies, I touch all the boobies hoop.
Speaker 1: By the sailor Man. That's I remember.
Speaker 3: We got a like yo, knock that shit off, Like I'm sorry. An older kid told us this shit. It's the place where you go to touch all the movies, the movies, the movies, and you live in a garbage can.
Speaker 1: That's true when you're middle school. Uh, my name is Jack O'Brien, aka where your mother where your daddy, Tella Tubbies in the alley, Baja Blast when in need, want some coke, have some cheese. You know, we we talk trends. Yours boys full of piss, Where your plumpers?
Speaker 4: Men?
Speaker 1: That one's courtesy of Locaroni on the Discord, And I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grass Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: I'm no longer jet Lag Joe Namath because my sleep patterns they're under control. So please welcome the return of the Lord of Lakers and himself hit Dyo Nojo aka experimental visual artist and podcaster your boy Kusama, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: And the baby is on his normal sleep schedule as well, So we're winning in every fucking apartment.
Speaker 1: That takes a while, doesn't it. My kids just got on their normal sleep schedule from just going to the East Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Friday night was like he was up to like eleven thirty.
Speaker 1: He's like, so what are we doing? And I'm like, I was up about no well, Miles. We thrilled to be joined in our third and fourth seats by the host of season three of Beauty Translated, Yes a podcast that celebrates the trans experience and has a lot of fun along the way. Please welcome Carmen Laurent and Janey Danger. We're returning champions.
Speaker 5: Scord was so kind to us last time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they really so great.
Speaker 5: It's rare when I get like exposed to a big audience and and people say nice things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we try and put out the good vibe, so you know, we're not talking that ship.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we have people who are you know, they're they're.
Speaker 5: Y'all give us some shooters. We appreciate they said, uh.
Speaker 1: They said, you didn't suck up yet they have the next appearance going.
Speaker 5: Oh, for real, we need the BT army because we'd be talking that ship. We need to have the shooters to back up the insane things that we said both online and.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, they will come.
Speaker 2: You know, that's just just be just put out your honest self and then let that attract the other like people and then yeah, when people start playing for audiences, shit gets weird.
Speaker 5: For real. I've had an interesting few weeks on the internet. I had like two like big viral posts and one of them got like an overwhelmingly positive response that I didn't expect and then another one got an overwhelmingly negative response that I didn't expect.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh my god, on the internet, yeah, I believe it or not experience on X formerly known as Twitter believe it or not not in this house.
Speaker 6: I hate that. I hate that Twitter isn't it's the artist formerly known as like Era.
Speaker 1: I hate, well that was hold. We believe it's still Twitter.
Speaker 5: I had some friends that like kept like preventing it from like updating it so they could still have the bird. And now it's gone. No one can have the bird anymore.
Speaker 6: I have that horrible Eastern European porn app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah it does. It does look like that.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, definitely designed the logo too, like like it just looks like absolute ship.
Speaker 5: It looks like it's comparable to like the middle school s, you know, like like the s that you drew in middle school.
Speaker 1: Like he was definitely doodling that in fucking social studies class. Oh yeah, the equivalent of he's like, mom, do we have a ruler?
Speaker 5: Do we have another rulers? Two lines?
Speaker 1: Actually three rulers to do.
Speaker 5: He's been like obsessed with the letter X like the whole career. It's it's a very like middle school thing. Like it's like the letter X. It sounds so cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, his whole persona is very middle school, like the jacket of the hair plugs. All middle schoolers with hair plugs.
Speaker 1: That's the one place that I actually defend Ela Musk. I don't think he got hair plugs. I think he just grew that ship back through. I don't know fanboy so so out there that he was like, I'll tell you, no, that's not that's not hair plugs.
Speaker 6: Actually those are all tell you how he did it astrogen.
Speaker 5: It is possible that he's on some like variants of like Donkey testosterone, but like the uber rich people can get to like grow their hairs.
Speaker 6: Like Brian Johnson is like about to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love that guy.
Speaker 1: Stars. I want them to fight Elon Musk and Brian Johnson.
Speaker 5: We need mother to save us.
Speaker 8: Mother.
Speaker 1: Brian, Wait, Brian Johnson is Mother's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brian Johnson is the rich guy who's trying to make himself the.
Speaker 1: Age by penis taking a little bit of estrogen.
Speaker 6: Yeahs he is.
Speaker 5: Taking Yeah, he is like micro does saying estrogen. I can see it in his breasts, like I can see it. Any picture where he takes his shirt off, I'm like, those are female nipples. You can't you can't fool me. I know that soft.
Speaker 1: He was using his son as a bloodbag at one point.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was a Peter teel In too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's rip off Teels whole fucking sweat man.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well he's doing it in like a in a gayer, in a in a slayer way. I have toiate a little buff.
Speaker 6: I mean she matches her nails to her her blouses.
Speaker 5: She really does look so like if she like or I'm missing he like dressed like a little feminine, like he would like pass like he like literally looks like so like soft and like supple as a man. Why are you looking supple?
Speaker 1: I think he's pulling it off. Brian Johnson fashion.
Speaker 5: Elon looks like ship. Elon looks like a fucking like elden Ring mob like. No, Elon looks like he would deal like death blight damage to you if you are like it's too close to his vicinity.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but Brian Johnson serving fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Brian Johnson looks like an elden Ring NPC that like sells you like the good sorceries right right right right, Like he looks like he will grant you a crown when you finish his tragic quest line. You have to like drive like an ancient steak through his heart. He's like a gimmick fight that like he kills you in five minutes if you don't do like the exact like platforming.
Speaker 2: Right, well, that's why, Hey, that's what you gotta watch Janie's YouTube channel where you learn all the secrets to take down these obscure bosses.
Speaker 5: I did make a TikTok video where it was like my elden Ring guide for today, and it's like today's guide is coming out to your parents.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're going to get to know you both a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. Nikki Hayley. We're going to talk about her after you know, she's got New Hampshire coming up. She came in third in Iowa and is spinning that as a win.
Speaker 5: Girl power, yes, girl bossing.
Speaker 1: We Also, we do have to get to this eBay story today. Okay. One of the wildest fucking things we've ever seen on the dot. I know, make it scientological.
Speaker 5: I don't know what, y'all. I haven't looked at the news and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one, this one's coming back rud r JM. Yeah, this one came back around and pretty wild. But before we get to any of it, Carmen Janey, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 6: Well, the thing that's actually at the top of my search history is my own name. That's embarrassing, So we're gonna go on. I was googling myself to find my look book from when I was sixteen, by the way, and I couldn't find it because I think the look book is no longer around, but if anyone finds it, let me know. And Okay, the other thing I actually have. I was watching Escape from La last night. So of course when you watching movie, you google the movie you're watching, right, so that you read about it the whole time you're watching it. And uh, it sucks, that movie, fucking it's so bad. I love Escape from New.
Speaker 5: York, right, Yeah, Escape from New York rules.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I loved it. So I was like, I was like, my boyfriend is like dying from like the flu or something under like nine hundred blankets so I was like, well, I can't find Escape from New York for free, so let's watch Escape from La And.
Speaker 1: It feels like a fever dream where you're dying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and it really was. I felt like the daughter in the electric chair at the end.
Speaker 5: The scene when he's surfing is so sick.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It wasn't like through the La River. I saw that ship in theaters like because of the because of the surfing on the La River, Like I think that was in the trailer, and I was like, yes, please. It was like the trailer promised what I Escape from New York crossed with like teenage mutant Ninja Turtle to Yeah, it's just like over the top, cartooning fun and it was just yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Didn't Unfortunately, that was the best part of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just remember.
Speaker 2: I still like, I haven't seen the movie in years, but I do remember that one of the last lines is right because Snake Plisken just dead's all the technology on Earth, and I think she goes he turned off the world, you know, on my mind, I was like, yo' shit, that was twelve when that movie came out.
Speaker 1: I was in ninety six or something. I was like, yo, bro, he fucking turned off the fucking world. Oh my god, never come back. All of these are ideas that could be in a good movie. Something about the movie.
Speaker 5: That's also how They Live end basically like he just like explodes the like system. That's like like he basically turns off his.
Speaker 6: I have not seen They Live.
Speaker 5: They Live is a lot better.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 5: The first is like amazing, this is so good.
Speaker 2: It's wild to look at the soundtrack, like the acts that are on the soundtrack, like these kind of makes sense. Tool White song, Yeah, it kills Ministry, sex Pod, death Tones, Torri Amos.
Speaker 5: Trent Reznor's girlfriends in the nineties. If I'm not mistake? Oh really yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh ship dude, what flake girl?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's professional widow is the toris? Okay?
Speaker 6: That is amazing. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It was on that judgment night Ship where it was like Tori Amos but like with some fucking heavy metal guitars.
Speaker 6: Maybe, Okay, Well, can I talk about the craziest part of the movie is Pam Greer plays a trance woman.
Speaker 5: Really, I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. I was like, That's when I started getting annoyed with the movie because they like had her voice had p Greer's voice like under like some sort of like.
Speaker 5: A girlfriend from yes, like under some sort of filter.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, wow, Pam Grey looks stunning, but oh my god, Like did they have to put that voice filter on her?
Speaker 1: They're like, no, that ain't that's car Jack Malone.
Speaker 2: Car Jack Malone jack car Jack Malone character.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, and now that's her she lost Palmus.
Speaker 6: Yes exactly, And I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I got a black guss name name is that too?
Speaker 6: I was not prepared for a trans character in this in this horrible movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, done dirty? Like that right? Janey was something Premiere search history.
Speaker 5: Ship dude, I got, like, I don't. I don't have anything as spicy as last time. I got an English Spanish translator pizza near me. I was looking up what standard time was.
Speaker 6: I found Jennie texts me today at eleven thirty while I'm at my laser appointment. She's like, I'm here, what's going on where? I'm like, it's eleven thirty pst.
Speaker 2: Jamie, Okay, so what more context?
Speaker 5: Come on? I don't know the whole Also, uh yeah, I found a white pill on the ground at my parents' house. I was trying to see what drink hyde your coat on?
Speaker 1: It was, Oh, yeah, just a mystery pill was seven for Google. Yeah, Mytory pill.
Speaker 5: Googling a lot of elden Ring. Try I'm playing elden Ring again. I'm trying to do some of the quests I didn't do last time. A lot of that. Do dragons take bleed damage? That's they do?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: There, I guess One interesting thing was I've been I started watching the show The Curse on Showtime, the new Nathan Fielders Show, and I told my boyfriend that it's like improvised like that. It's like it's like it's like Kurby Enthusiasm, where like there's a script, but like all the dialogues improvised. And He's like, no, the fuck it's not. And I was like, no, I swear I read it somewhere, and I was trying to find where I read it, and I think I made it up. And I can't really confirm if I actually ye read if I actually did read that somewhere or not.
Speaker 2: I say on this show, is that yeah, just off the strength of my male confidence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, straight up? Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I got it and then I like, occasionally I humble myself to like my partner, I'd be like, yo, okay, so I was so fucking wrong about this earlier, like you were right by even questioning it, because even though you didn't look for it, I tried to find the evidence and I could not find it.
Speaker 1: So that was in my head.
Speaker 5: I'm like, actually, like crazy, so like I really can't. I don't feel like I should apologize because I did. It's very possible I did read that in my mind palace somewhere.
Speaker 1: Right right right, yeah, yeah, in the mind power.
Speaker 5: I'm not lying, and I'm also not wrong even if I gave wrong information.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, oh, I like that nothing. This is something Trump is doing in court right now. As your lawyer, Jenny, I would I would just ask the advice that you continue along that path. Do not admit anything, no matter what. Let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll do some overrated, underrated. We'll be right back and we're back, And Jennie, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I've toyed around this one for a while because last time we were on here, I think we pissed off a lot of people because I said women. But I wrote down something that's going to piss off even more people. I wrote being goth, and I want I want to explain myself a little bit. I think that I think that goth is in my brain. It's like being straight edge, where like if you if you like just don't drink, like that's fine. Like if you're like just sober, I think that's that's cool. But if you're like, no, I am straight edge, like that's my identity, I think that's lame. So I think that anytime someone like, I don't know. I think that anytime someone is like overly like performative about their identity, I find it very grating. And when people are like like, yeah, I like I am a goth, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like me or convincing yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I mean, I see that your black lipstick is crooked, so you didn't really have to tell me that, But I see that you're you're dressed like one of the dead members of Mayhem's.
Speaker 1: Wow go wrong? You recently?
Speaker 5: Who know? I have God friends and they're hot and cool, and I think that's awesome.
Speaker 1: But you tell them you're like yo, but you too, God? What's the equivalent of being like a sober person who doesn't like make it their whole personality for goth, just like being someone who embraces human death and mortality without making it their whole makeup stuff.
Speaker 5: I think I think those as just like a more kind of like I think honestly, it's sort of like when I see someone that is wearing shorts on a really cold day, Like I'm like, what the fuck are you doing? You are visibly uncomfortable and it's pissing me off. It's like when I see someone on like me Tuesday, in the middle of the day with like chains all over their body and it looks like this like hours to do their makeup and everything. I'm like, you don't have to do all this, Like you can just wear like a little bit of like you know, spooky like like dramatic eyeshadow and just kind of like a black dress or whatever, right, And I think that that's practical. I don't think you need to dress like you're in like a New Metal nineties rays, like when you're going to like a fucking Applebee. It's like that to me is like you're signaling too much. And I just it's something that bothers me. It's like you look uncomfortable, like you can do less and get the same point across. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Got Yeah.
Speaker 2: My partner she hates when I wear a full Lakers uniform out there like to eat and I'm like, yeah, but they're playing and I gotta let people know. She's like, yeah, you have noodle arms and they don't look on the tank top and I'm like, it doesn't matter. This is Lebron, this is Lebron. Yeah, okay, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: My wife when I wear a full Dodger's uniform with the stirrups, yeah, pants and everything, I know, and you're not cleats and not even the coach of our kids little league team I want to trap on and everything. Yeah, yeah, oversize.
Speaker 5: You know they played the movie Cruising at the Plaza like last year, and if you don't know, that's a movie where like al Pacino is like an undercover cop and he has to tend to be like a gay like.
Speaker 6: Movies every time we come on, did we last time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We talked about what is Yeah, but Albacina is like he goes in like the underground, like gay, like leather seemed to like catch a murderer, and I dressed up in like full like leather gear to like see the movie, and I thought it would be like fun and it was uncomfortable and else I felt kind of silly. It's just like, but that's just say I'm guilty of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right right, But like that's the thing that tends to bother us. Like that bothers us about other people are things that we see in ourselves too in some way, So that's true.
Speaker 1: What is something that you guys think is underrated?
Speaker 6: I came up with one on the spot. Okay, I'm gonna say underrated being concerned for other people's well being out on the street, so going, it's cold as fuck outside, as I say, it is colder than a witch's titty and a brass braw right now. Okay, I know I'm getting old because I went to Asheville last week and I saw a girl, a young girl probably seventeen eighteen, wearing a tank top and shorts and it was thirty degrees outside, and I was angry. I was ranting about it in the car. I was like angry. I was like to my boyfriend, I'm like, I know that girl is fucking cold. I know she's cold, and like.
Speaker 2: Right, I she's not yet. She didn't grow up North of the wall a wild link you can hang with that kind of temperature seat. Wait, is it is that purely because she's like trying to look cute.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I just it's always young people. I'm feeling old now because it's I'm thirty, but I'm like, wow, it's always young people. They don't have enough money for coats. We need to start giving young people money to buy, to buy coats. You know, they're not buying. They're spending their money on drugs and fast and whatever else, hit clips, whatever else they're buying.
Speaker 1: And I'm just taking this down so that I can talk to my fellow old people about it. But they need these dang kids to start buying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're buying skibbitty toilets.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're over leveraged in skibbty toilets or karmie. You just got to start cruising around those like emergency reflective blankets. Yeah, that fold up real good. You're like, hey, you know what, let me just hook you up. Just turn that into like a shawl or something.
Speaker 1: I just take it, just take it.
Speaker 5: I like the idea of someone that's like freezing on the sidewalk and you're like, aren't you cold? And they like turn to you and they show you like that they've bought like every like Fortnite skin.
Speaker 1: We're good here, uncomfortable, I see, just find it. Yet the drip keeps me warm. That's right, unless they're for Massachusetts. If it's meant that that's just Massachusetts culture being like wearing shorts. Yeah, degree, I.
Speaker 2: Remember seeing that in being upset though too. As a California I'm like, you're really wearing fucking flip flops and shorts right now?
Speaker 1: Like three Okay.
Speaker 6: It's almost like offensive, like you're trying to like show off right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, I think it might be because we're from the South and when we see like someone it's very it's like that fucking Yankee they get hypothermia.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they die from goosebumps on their legs. You think I forgot that sum made Georgia? Howe? You think I forgot that doctor?
Speaker 5: We have to amputate him below the.
Speaker 1: Shorts, Jennie, What is something you think is underaged? All right?
Speaker 5: I wrote I wrote down two things, but I think I want to go with the more fun one that I like talking about, and that is sex scenes and movies. Hell yeah, because I'm a pervert and I like, I like watching them and it's I think it's cool. I rewatched I rewatched the Date. I actually bought it on Criterion because I had a Borne's Noble gift card from Secret Samma. Ok. The movie Crash, the David Cernenberg movie, and I kind of it's been a while since the scene and I forgot that, like every fucking other scene of that movie is a gratuitous and pervy, aberrant sex scene. And it's a beautiful film, and it like really like I don't know, like I think it's very I was thinking to myself, how funny it is that a lot of people that are like ostensibly like like leftist or like pro like queer, pro, disabled, pro, all these kind of things like ostensibly and they're very uncomfortable with the portrayals of like sex in movies. And I find what I find interesting is that like if you had a bit of media literacy, like good sex scenes like convey so much about characters in movies that like you don't always get from like other like means of like storytelling and I feel like Crash is very interesting portrayal of that because it like says so much about like aberrant sexuality and liberatory sex and like polyamorous sex and queer sex and like, I don't know, I just think it's awesome. And I think if people could put down their prudishness for a minute then get late, they could they could appreciate I don't know, a lot of a lot of really beautiful cinema that they're at.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we always talk about how the movies are less and less horny these days.
Speaker 5: It's it's so sad to me, it's true because in the nineties, there was, like in early two thousands, like there was like a whole genre of like erotic thrillers, like like like like really the last like movie I think that I've seen in the mainstream that like it's selling point was its eroticism was like Fifty Shades of Gray, right, And that movie sucks. Yeah, and maybe also maybe Saltburn and that movie also sucks. So yeah, I don't know. I just think it's sad to me that, like I think that that's like a bygone era because I don't know, I think there's just a lot of like beauty, and there's a lot of like things that can be like studied about the human condition through portrayals of like intimacy and film. And it's the history. I'm taking it from us, goddamn zoomors.
Speaker 6: I think they stre is too important to ignore too, just like the fact that like it took so long for sex to even like for the liberation of like free sex and all of that free love whatever to like be preyed on on like mainstream movies and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like the Hayes Code and like all of that, Like how much I've had to be like like inferred and like I don't know, like it's it's just it's such an inherently like reactionary thing. Like I'm always going to be like pro art in like almost any form. I'm always going to be like for the medium of art, and I'm always going to defend it. So it just always like will like always piss me off when people like try to make arguments like that. And it's like every fucking week on Twitter you have like some like like nineteen year old yeah who hasn't like who's like seen like four movies. And it's like I think sex scenes are uncomfortable and unnecessary in.
Speaker 6: Right with an anime profile picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like watch better movies, like I don't know, tell you like.
Speaker 6: I wanted to say, uh oh, well, totally unrelated, but Jamie, we have got to watch a Body of Evidence together. My favorite erotic thriller.
Speaker 1: Have you seen?
Speaker 5: Have you seen Body Double? And there's also Body Heat, which are two other erotic.
Speaker 9: Movie erotic thrillers with Body Body of Evidence is Madonna and Willem Dafoe and Let's go Madonna pours hot wax on Willem Dafoe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it is such a horny hot movie. Like there's a scene where Madonna is like at an acupuncturist and like Willem Dafoe is like jerking it to like Madonna naked on this acupuncturist table with yes with the needles in okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spacial expressions were not freaking in that scene.
Speaker 5: Have you seen Crash?
Speaker 6: I haven't, but I talked about it. It's the one about cart Yeah, it's Esfortunately.
Speaker 1: In this household, the only Crash that we acknowledge is Best Picture Winner. That should actually be one of the things on that original like in this house, we believe that only crash, the only.
Speaker 6: Crash, the one where they all a cart that and they cross out the thing that says no human.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not what that signs for. But okay, ye, thank you, not that one. Yeah, just like I like ala carte intersectionality.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Should we get into the news. Yeah, as we talked about yesterday, is trending Trump one big in Iowa, Iowa. Yeah, and Nikki Hale came in third, which you know, came in okay, but he had like gone Ronan, he had gone in big, being like we're gonna come. We're either gonna win or come very close to winning. And he got beat pretty badly. So people are reading this as an l for his campaign. Nile is trying to spin it as a win has gone mile.
Speaker 2: She's saying it's a two horse race. I think after like it's clear that this is down to be two candidates. And I think she's saying because of the work she's done in North or in New Hampshire and then her home state of South Carolina, She's like, yeah, I got this, Like they're definitely into my candidacy and probably have already completely forgotten that I memory hold the entire American Civil War.
Speaker 1: So I think we're good because I didn't bother them anyway.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest. I think Nikki Haley, just like from the conservative perspective, I think she is a more viable candidate than Rond de Santas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I think it's proving to be.
Speaker 5: I think I think Ron DeSantis is extremely repellent. And I mean, like as far as like conservative candidates go, like this is all, this is all so superfluous, it's gonna be Trump the only thing that could maybe prevented as some of the legal stuff. Right, But assuming that there's another person in the in the running, I think that they're gonna need kind of a more like moderate like vote at least to like make any like headway. And I don't think they're gonna get that through Rond DeSantis, but they maybe could through Nicky Hayley.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe.
Speaker 2: And she's also she's polished and like she's likable in that sense that she knows how to get people to like her.
Speaker 1: Rond DeSantis does not know how to know.
Speaker 5: He doesn't know how to add like a human being, Like he does.
Speaker 1: Not smile debates are like some of the greatest just I don't know, human specimens of like just discomfort and like unnatural swirming in the face of like attention. It is like it does tap into something about like how I feel when I'm like walking in front of people and I'm like, oh God, they're looking at what I'm doing with my hands, aren't they.
Speaker 5: It triggers like your fight or flight when you see it, like I don't know, it gives you like this like lizard brain feeling like like.
Speaker 1: Is this an act of violence against me?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how technically it is.
Speaker 1: Social violence.
Speaker 2: So Micky Haley, I think she's very much now she's flexing her like conservative hypocrisy muscles because I think it's kill meat on like Fox and Friends did a soft bopy like.
Speaker 1: People are saying this is a racist country. Do you what do you think about America? Is it a racist country?
Speaker 2: And Nikki Hayley, Wow, you swung for the fences and really fucking crushed this one.
Speaker 6: Can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 5: Are you a racist party? Are you involved in a racist party?
Speaker 10: No, We're not a racist country, Brian. We've never been a racist country. Our goal is to make sure that today is better than yesterday. Are we perfect? No, But our goal is to always make sure we try and be more perfect if every day that we hand I know I faced racism when I was growing up. They can tell you today is a lot better than it was then.
Speaker 4: Our goal is.
Speaker 3: To lift up everybody.
Speaker 10: It did not go and divide people on race or gender, or party or anything else. We've had enough of that in America. That's why I'm so passionate about doing this. I don't want my kids growing up where they're sitting there thinking that their disadvantage because of a color or a gender. I want them to know that if they work hard, they can't anything.
Speaker 1: Terms and terms and conditions do apply to that statement.
Speaker 5: And all right, I think, I mean she's kind of like there, Elizabeth Warren in like so many ways because she's like very like she's only going to be there as kind of like a spoiler to any other candidates. And she also is pretending to be a different race or I thought, I forgot what that is. She pretending to be Native America?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, indigenous blow or whatever, And people were like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought she was Elizabeth Warm would make a great like Felma and Louise Style.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my god, Well, I was gonna say, what really alarmed? I mean, not alarmed me about Nikki Haley, but whatever, I'm not. I'm not like scared of bird or anything. But I did see a clip of her talking about abortion and whatever, and she's really trying to feminize the Republican stance on Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be honest though, like I think that that's probably kind of smart, like I feel.
Speaker 6: And that's why I saying that scares me, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is such a like it's their biggest like losing issue by like a long shot, and I feel like the best chance they have at like getting like a broader coalition is by just biting the bullet and being like, yeah, well, rovers ways little all of the lands. And I've been kind of like curious like to see, like who's going to do it first, and I guess it would make sense.
Speaker 2: Well, she's like she's definitely backed off of being so hard line, and she's been like, you know, I don't know if it's smart to like to keep really thinking about this kind of stuff and try to avoid it.
Speaker 1: In that sense, she.
Speaker 6: Also made it like I saw a clip of her saying like something about how we need to stop shaming people and women for abortion and like we need to start and she's like basically alluding to like we need to start supporting women and babies, which is like never been the Republican stance, and so I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm like to become babies. It's over. They're babies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, no fucking way, that just said that. Yeah, just say that. But it is wild when she said, like, this country has never been racist and be like except for.
Speaker 1: When I experienced racist, a lot of racist in my experience as a kid, but that was back then. So it's never been that, or just saying and you know, and I get it. We're not perfect. So does that mean that because there's racist people are having to It's.
Speaker 5: Like, yes, there's liberals. It's not perfect because people are woke.
Speaker 6: Right, If my kids don't know about racism, if they don't, if they don't, if I don't tell them about it, if they don't hear about it, then then they're just gonna be like completely immune to it or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then her kids will be immune to it because they're.
Speaker 2: White, well they're rich, yeah, or white passing. Yeah, because like for her, you know, she grew up in a Sikh Indian family. And it's funny because in her own books she talks about all the time the fucking racism that her and her family had to experience in South Carolina. And she's like, it's a lot better today. And then a few reporters like went to her town and like asked, like, people like, do you think it's less racist?
Speaker 1: They're like hell no, and moved, those are the racist people. Yeah, hell no, man, But they said.
Speaker 2: Like in one here quote in one another section of a book, Haley recollects how her father was profiled by law enforcement due to his turbine, and how her brother begged to break with seek tradition to have his haircut due to relentless and how at the age of eight, she was disqualified from a local beauty pageant due to the color of her skin.
Speaker 5: She's making that one up. She was busted.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not become a more friend to be a brown person or someone wearing a turban like anywhere in this country. Yeah no, Just so what is the story with it? So where is her brother today?
Speaker 6: I'm wondering, like.
Speaker 1: I have no idea she doesn't speak to that she's a woman.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm like thinking to myself, wouldn't be great if he spoke up and was like fuck that bitch.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean that's a classic move to like only like like to say like like racism, misogyny, sexism, all that like doesn't exist until it like applies to you. Like that's a very like old school like conservative thing, Like like I like a lot of like Black Republicans do this where like they say like we're very far past race and like slavery was like four hundred years ago and blah blah blah. And then it's like, well people are persecuting me because I have these views and I'm black, And it's like you can't really like play both things like that. You know, It's either it's either it doesn't exist, it never exists, it never has exists, it never will exist, or like.
Speaker 1: Like this and it manifests in a myriad of ways throughout my.
Speaker 5: Life, right yeah, right yeah, or or it does exist when it applies to me and my conservative beliefs. Like that's like I don't know, that always pisses me off and people are like super like anti wokeness and like, yeah, people, I don't know, people are so sensitive nowadays. And then it's like, well, oh now people are like being like I don't know, like you just they just always want to have it both ways, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and truly for this, like when Nikki Haley's like, this country has never been racist except for all that time when I was a child, and then I stopped thinking about it, and then I got a new husband, I changed my name, and then I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it again.
Speaker 2: But again, that's the worldview that the odors want to have to because I think it really helps that it helps them not have to really contend with actual legitimate issues of racism if your.
Speaker 1: Go to arguments. I was like, well, this country was never racist. You know.
Speaker 2: It's like a lot of people want to paint this country or this brush or whatever, and you're like, okay, yep, let's see what you're doing.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take another quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and let's let's talk. eBay, they've been fined three million dollars by like, so.
Speaker 5: This doesn't sound like that much for it it is.
Speaker 1: It is the maximum that you can be fined for what they've done here and then there's probably a civil suit pending. But so forced to pay three million dollars to resolve criminal charges stemming from several of its former employees, charges which include stalking, witness tampering, and obstruction of justice.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, is eBay run by the Church of Scientology? What is going on?
Speaker 1: It would appear so basically fair game. Yeah, yeah, So the actual crimes happened back in twenty nineteen. If they're ever to make a movie of this, like the Social Network will look so tame in comparison to this, like tech bro horror show. They basically risked it all to take down a block. It's like it's like you know those movies like Michael Clayton or like The Pelican Brief, where like a corporation like starts like assassinating people because like for the purposes of profitability the firm, you know, Like it's like that, but for the wildest, like most inoffensive like low stakes shit. It was. So there's this married couple that ran a newsletter called e Commerce Bytes bites spelled b y t E s oh, I get it? So wait do you do you guys, get it. I just want to make sure everybody okay. So it made executive Yes, the Swinger got it. Copy. It made them so angry, including then CEO David Wennigg and then chief Communications officer Steven Weimer, that they like enlisted these like six people. They have a head of security and the like, which is again like something straight out of those movies where it's like, yeah, I handle security for eBay, you like your security guard on the yeah.
Speaker 5: No and man on fire yes yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Help I helped solve abstract problems that the company might face.
Speaker 1: Right, So the harassment campaign began after they like this head of security reached out to the Steiners, the people who ran the blog, and were like, hey, could you show the fuck up? And they were like, oh no, we you know, we're just an independent blog. We feel like we need to speak our truth and so like the one of the things that they had pointed out on their blog is that the CEO's eighteen million dollar salary was one hundred and fifty two times what the average worker got, which is like really straightforward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: You'll just do it as a company, like, yeah, of course I make one hundred fifty two x what the worker does.
Speaker 1: So next the security team conspicuously like and specifically, we're like, all right, we're going to start a harassment campaign. Watch those the eighties team comedy teen comedy Johnny B. Good starring Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Downey Junior, in which a villainous football coach is pranked with pizza deliveries Harry Krishna's and a male stripper. They did homework, so this is this is what they took from me. They had the pizzas delivered. They were like, that's a killer idea. Holy ship. I can't like Apparently they were never in middle school.
Speaker 5: I would be like, yummy pizza and someone was really thinking about me.
Speaker 1: They also sent a fetal pig, a bloody pig mask, live cockroaches, and a book about surviving the loss of a spouse along with the funeral wreath. A funeral reath with that book is pretty fucking gangster. Yeah. They also mailed copies of Hustler, but not so at first You're like, cool, thank you to the couple's neighbors with the husband's name on it, and then would have done like gay porn.
Speaker 5: That would have been way funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, weekly, And then they posted Craigslist ads with the couple's address inviting people over for sexual encounters.
Speaker 6: So they were swingers.
Speaker 5: So that's awesome.
Speaker 2: This is so wild. It's just like I love though that for real. The guy was like, Okay, watch Johnny be Good. And then like when the pizzas weren't doing it, they're like, we gotta go harder. Okay, now let's just put up random ads looking for like casual sex to be like to talk to the Yeah.
Speaker 5: All right, Johnny be Good didn't watch didn't work. Let's watch Saw three. Let's get some more ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the feud thing was cool, but they ate it, right, so we got to come up with something different, something more.
Speaker 1: Their strategy was to make the couple so scared that they would then have to turn into eBay to ask for help to stop the attacks, thus winning the Steiner's confidence and manipulating them into favorable coverage of eBay. So like that. At this point, it just sounds like somebody did a lot of cocaine or some other stimulant rambled for three nights, like thirty six hours in a row, and they just like had were cursed. To do everything that they came up with in that meeting because.
Speaker 6: And nobody said that's a bad idea, yeah, or like.
Speaker 1: And then they're gonna have to like turn to us because like they're gonna be so scared. Imagine they are just waiting for them.
Speaker 6: They're gonna be so happy.
Speaker 1: You think you're gonna fucking die.
Speaker 2: And then Hello, what eBay, Oh you can fucking help me, dude, Then I fucking love you.
Speaker 1: You fucking seedars.
Speaker 2: The White Knight fucking strategy bro straight out of that other fucking movie we just fucking watched.
Speaker 5: Were these people old the people? Because this seems like something that would only work on like old people, like I like.
Speaker 1: I mean probably when I'm picturing them, they're like forties fifties. That is based on absolutely nothing. But they were young enough to like catch them when So after all of this and their plan was just working perfectly, they then decided they had to travel from eBay in I think northern California Silicon Valley two, Massachusetts and put a tracker on their car and they were spotted and the police were contacted. The police called the FBI, and you know the rest of it from here. Yeah, So eba security team tried to delete evidence and falsefy records to throw authorities off the trail. They even considered enlisting a friendly in a Bay Area police department to provide falsified security camera footage. Seven former eBay employees have been convicted of felonies, the former chief communications officer who texted, We're going to crush this lady and the former CEO who issued the order take her down. We're never charged, of course, because it is America, Okay.
Speaker 6: I to scroll back up to double check when the dates of these events were. This was eBay well after its prime. This is twenty nineteen when virtually I don't know anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it makes sense if it was like they were at the just like drunk on power, like when they were the only internet baby, they on the Internet.
Speaker 6: So this was in twenty and nineteen that they were fighting so hard for eBay, which I don't know, Like are they still doing big business these days? I don't know.
Speaker 5: My boyfriend uses it a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they use it. I know people who showed them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I find it's funny, Like I used eBay for the first time like last year because I was like looking for like a pair of pants that they stopped selling and lo and behold someone like found them at a ross recently. Man, there'll be a mark up, but I'm like, yes, give me those cargoes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Last time I used eBay was to buy some illegal Pokemon and have them directly transferred into my Pokemon home. Shout out to wait, my illegal pokemon. Yeah, on eBay you can buy pokemon and they will. Well, you can't mean more because I don't think that are real.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used because of animals smuggling obviously. Yeah, yeah you on a residential property.
Speaker 5: Yeah, miss you have a tent to cruel way to see you at the post office.
Speaker 1: Do we need to give it water?
Speaker 6: Do you have an illegal ursa ring, ma'am?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It just means that all their stats are like super like high beyond.
Speaker 5: They're they're like illegal for competitions. They're like illegal to play in Pokemon Stadium.
Speaker 6: If I brought them online, I would get my ass.
Speaker 1: Kid.
Speaker 6: I had to poke them on company right right exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't don't let them hold you down like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Team Rocket was harassing this poor couple, Jesse and James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is a.
Speaker 5: That that is very jesse coated to be like, send gay porn to their house. We send it off Pizza's James, let me examine the gay porn that we send to their house.
Speaker 6: Over the James over cross dressed to the prep allow me.
Speaker 5: To cross dress into their home. They're like, how does that?
Speaker 6: They're like, just let me do it, James looking for any across dress me.
Speaker 5: I was just like, I don't know, boss, I don't know this references. This will take them down for sure.
Speaker 6: I hope, I hope somebody out there does.
Speaker 2: It is wild, though, like you talk about how much, like how much money was going around the fucking was it the CEO who got like a fucking crazy payment?
Speaker 1: You have a ceo you left was forced to resign so got his ass and received a forty million dollars severance package and has now got re elected to the board of General Motors because, according to the General Motors Chief Executive, the regrettable eBay scandal didn't involve any GM businesses.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the thing, if this is what eBay's up to, God, you know what Amazon is like torturing people in all of America.
Speaker 6: People in the basement.
Speaker 1: They have black sites all over the U. States. It was just like these were the this was the security detail that eBay could afford. Like, so that's why they got caught. Like they couldn't. They couldn't successfully like drop a bug on somebody's car, like a tracking device on somebody's car. They were heavy to go to eighties movies, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm mustening like Discogs being like, that's the guy that's devaluing my beach house.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Discogs.
Speaker 1: I love Yeah, yeah there was that was a joke.
Speaker 5: I'm not the smirching disccogs. Yeah. Wait, like the CEO of letter Box being like they're bringing down about Schmidt's letter Box score. Send a hornet's nest to their.
Speaker 1: Tell them crush them literally fucking raised the home to the ground.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus, let them know to write a bad review about about Schmidt.
Speaker 1: Ever again, in this house, we believe Alexander Payne. That's the greatest director.
Speaker 5: Straight up, holdover supremacy.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Shouts out to the Gamadi high.
Speaker 1: Uh, Carmen Janey, Such a pleasure of having you both back on the daily Zeit guys, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 6: God, I feel like and it's so fast. I don't even feel like we covered any news.
Speaker 1: Sorry, now I've got two stories. But that's well. It was fun last the memories we made along the way, it was.
Speaker 6: A memory along the way. You can find me at the Carmen Laurent on Instagram and over on our Beauty Translated pod Instagram. So go over to our feed Beauty Translated to check out our first episode of season three featuring the girls Alyssa, Domino Presley and Rachael Star. If you're a fan of your adult entertainment, you will love listening to Domino Presley. Try to guess if it's a sex toy or something from Saw. So we played a game with our with a lot of fun. And please also, we have a love line. If you need advice, if you need help, if you need a friend, give us a call at our phone number which is six seven eight five six one two seven eight five, and you have the chance of having your voicemail played on air where we will answer your questions and then Janie take it from there.
Speaker 5: Janey Underscore Danger on Instagram or just Janey Danger. I can't really remember. I okay, it's at wife Sucker on Twitter. My account's locked for eight hours, but that's that's another story for another day. I'll be back at wisucker on Twitter. And yeah beauty is translated. Season three premieres to todorrow today today, Yes, oh today, yes today? Yeah right yeah today? And yeah yeah beauty translated. You can find that shit fucking wherever you listen to podcasts. I also have a new album coming out called East Atlanta Suburb. It should be out by March or April, I'm not quite sure yet, And you can find my music anywhere you stream music. I have a new single out. It's called Whiskey Mule. Yeah Jenny Danger also real quick if you're in the Atlanta area, I have a few shows coming up. I have one on January twenty seventh at Factors in Little five Points, and I have one February first at South Bend Commons and a few more. If you want to follow me and just keep up with all that thank you doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a work a media? Y'all have been enjoying?
Speaker 6: God, let me go through my screen.
Speaker 5: I screamed, dude, Yeah, I got it cool and actually I came prepared.
Speaker 6: It about mother cunt gushing. No, I know that's the mother toyland is it something like that?
Speaker 5: I'm over that. It's way cool.
Speaker 1: I love that for when it well last.
Speaker 5: I just I found these two tweets that are really cool. I just want to read them verbatim right now. This first one is it reads Adrenochrome Holocaust The Holocaust was an adrenochrome harvest in exchange for extraterrestrial technology. And then a follow up by miss Rico Angel three three three. I'm sixty eight a disabled veteran. My head just blew up. The Holocaust was an adrenochrome harvest for alien technology. OMG, they are still doing it only to children. The whole adrenochrome machine is to feed the aliens. It's for power, well and a longer, healthier life, harvesting humanity. Literally, only our creator has enough power to help us defeed this evil. We must not falter, since we are all connected. Everybody's life depends on it. This evil must leave the planet. My god willsone. So what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh like that? Wow?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's cool cool. My tweet is it's from sorry just screamed. It's uh By It's Luke nine eighty nine and it says this whole no smoking with kids in the vehicle thing is just ridiculous.
Speaker 8: He's he's yeah, the picture of them smoking in the car with their kids standing outside in.
Speaker 1: The s.
Speaker 6: But he is dressed warmly. I will say that kid is dressed warmly.
Speaker 5: And he's still got all his adrina chrome and his blood, so he's fine.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 6: It's harvest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 2: Uh find me at Miles of Gray, Twitter, Instagram, Yeah, and the like where they got the ad symbols. You can also find us on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack got mad Boot with the NBA. And if you like ninety day Fiance like I do, then check me out on four to twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra.
Speaker 1: Social media post.
Speaker 2: I saw something on TikTok, but I didn't save it, so I have to ask my friend what it was.
Speaker 1: So, you know what.
Speaker 2: To just spare everybody that embarrassing thing that I can't procure, I will just say, uh, just watch something good, okay, watch something that. Watch Escape from l A, Watch Escape from La and watch him turn off the world as well. We all want David Cronberg and then then watch that, then watch Haggis's Crash back to back, and then you know every crash every time.
Speaker 1: Jane says, watch Crash by Cronberg to put me saying, Paul Haggis over by Paul Hagis, Paul Hagas, did you get.
Speaker 5: The bee Keeper starring.
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 5: And Sam went to see that? It was fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: It looked like a blast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really funny.
Speaker 6: Is Jason Stainum?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait we can talk about this after the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jason, I actually wish I brought that up instead of the tweet.
Speaker 1: But whatever, Jason, stay.
Speaker 5: Some shouts out to Jason says, yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's see. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien a tweet I've been enjoying meg at Megan Underscore. Lynn tweeted, quote, I was born in the wrong generation. Okay, well, if I didn't have Google Maps, i'd kill myself, So now.
Speaker 5: What you'd have? Ways?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, And then Bob rap Rock retweeted. Somebody named Cass tweeted they caught a dude jacket at work yesterday and he's at work today. That's crazy. And Bob Rock retweeted that with a picture of Bruce Springsteen and then rewrote it as well, they caught a dude jacket at work yesterday. He's better at work today too.
Speaker 5: I'm pro labor. What do you do You think you think I want him fired?
Speaker 6: Found the right job for him.
Speaker 1: Yet, that's right. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist, where at the Daily Zeicheist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. So it's a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what's the song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: I was listening to this track by Antonio Barrett and Nice Guys and it's called two Am and it kind of has like a modern kind of yacht rocky feel. Just something easy, just a little bit, got some got some singing, got a full live band behind it.
Speaker 1: Uh, just you know, nothing but just easy gets easy. Man.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not the great, it's not the highest form of art, but sometimes you need a little something the kind of gets your shoulders bumping, and you do whatever you do around the house and just kind of, you know, put the audio wallpaper up. So yeah, this is two am by Antonio Barrett.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link off to that in the footnote. The Daily Zeit Guys is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts My heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever find podcasts to give it away for free. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then bye bye, bye bye