Speaker 1: Or so the man. It's the boy Man. Check me out boutleg Cam podcast.
Speaker 2: Your Boutlet Cam podcast special guests in here. Just got out of jail after sitting down for about a year or so, but he is home the boys.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, appreciate you for having me.
Speaker 2: You gained how many pounds in jail?
Speaker 1: I gained fundy for real, went in the boy looking like the man now, No appreciate it, yes, and no reference to the Kendrick Yourphoria songs.
Speaker 2: By the way, anyway, what does it feel like to be home?
Speaker 1: And obviously you know, yeah gonna Lie, I feel good like I still feel like it's my first day out for real, Lie.
Speaker 2: I mean, what was the reason why you ended up having to go sit down?
Speaker 1: Probasic violation for high speed? And then they pulled me over They found a little strap somewhere up in the whip on the high speed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sh like criminal speed, like what you must have been I was triple digits for so triple digiting, so for so jesus, oh mamas, at least you didn't getting caught bipping or something that'd have been crying like a barrier goes to jail for bipping like Finally I know who broke it into my fucking car.
Speaker 1: Was the boy. Niggas don't get no time for that shit through they don't, right.
Speaker 2: That's why everyone does it because like they just get like let go, or there's like.
Speaker 1: They getting kicked right out oz in jail and hell the niggas thats in there for bipping, they getting right out.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Mamas?
Speaker 2: So do you think that they're at least starting to take the bipping because I feel like there's been this like narrative about at least obviously the lated for people who don't know, the Bay Area is not just one place. It's different mayors and shit. But the mayor of San Francisco made it very easy for people to bip and keep it moving or going to the store and grab up a bunch of shit. Yeah, take it to the mission and sell it. Has it gotten like more? Is it the same?
Speaker 1: It's dinner the same for I ain't seen you know up there they talk about a lot of shit on the nose, but you feel me, A lot of shit don't happen. You feel me?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the because the narrative of people who a lot of people from the base is too, but nationally is like San Francisco, which I know is not all of the Bay, shots of Oakland, shots of Hill shots, the whole area, but that like it's like it's kind of cooked out there right now. Like a lot of the nightlife is kind of gone, like just a lot of just because of all the crime or do you say, do you think that that's overstated?
Speaker 1: Uh, I ain't got a lot of Uh the nightlife kind of cool, but there ain't a lot of day parties in the Beato cragging praise a lot of DJs.
Speaker 2: They've always been crazy shots, army and ribs and all that. There's always I feel like always the Bays always had the best day.
Speaker 1: Parties for sure. For so the dj is run the day life for so dinner the night life too.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, I mean like there's no like Lentier was a Vlentier room providence, is there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shots to San Jose too, if you want to party with some.
Speaker 1: Lovely Asians, you know, Mama's San Jose. That should be cracking out there too. Really the city though, San Francisco and Ugland, that's where everybody's going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you were like in and out Burger closed in Oakland, yep, yep. And that's the first story they ever closed, and they said it was just because of the crime and like it's crazy out there. But I feel like anytime I'm in the bay and I go often, I don't ever feel it. I just know I don't keep nothing in the car.
Speaker 1: Better not keep nothing in the car. Roll your ship down, Mama's keep that motherfucker down it. If you really don't give a fuck, pop the trunk. You leave the trunk open for so for so especially if you ain't got nothing in it, They're gonna look in there. You feel me see it's nothing in it. But are you good? Other than that, you're gonna come to your whip broken window for sure? Have you have you?
Speaker 2: Have you been bipped yourself?
Speaker 1: I think I got a bit one time ever in my life?
Speaker 2: Real did they take anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anything of importance?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Damn yeah, like what some some ship.
Speaker 2: Something that you might have got violated for? Why don't mister fab has been for a couple of times. I remember, I think once they took his daughter's backpack with like her like homework in it, and he was like, yo, my keep on all the other ship.
Speaker 1: I just need my daughter ship back. She's studying niggas out of pocket for that. You know how that it beat all like if that ship in a backpack zipped up. You feel me they going for bags and ship and there ain't taking that ship to They getting they shit for sure? For sure?
Speaker 2: Did you see Bernard just dropped the trailer. He's doing a movie called Splash City. Have you heard of it?
Speaker 1: It's it's about bipping.
Speaker 2: It's about bipping. It's it's kind of the first Bay Area crime movie.
Speaker 1: I feel like that we've gotten damn near. I remember that he was talking about doing that for a couple of years. Though it's finally emotion now for so waiting for that to come out for so that gotta watch that.
Speaker 2: Yo. I've been to Vallejo a few times. You and I were supposed to shoot up there. I think we were at King's Market shout to the Crest, and then we went back and we actually got a hotel across the street from was it seven to eleven right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was that Hampton? Yeah, we're sure we're staying at that Hampton end right there, because we went out and try with low Russell and everybody was tripping there like you're staying in the crest, and I was like, what's the big deal? Like, we walked over to the we got we got some fucking mister so mac dre soda over there, you know what I'm saying. But the time you and I were supposed to shoot there, it was super active over there. For people who don't kind of understand, like Vallejo is like we hear about it all the time. Obviously we know about the forty, obviously we know about mac dre. It's but I think a lot of people kind of associate Vallejo and San Francisco and Oakland all be pretty much the same thing or very close to each other. But like Vallejo is like a serious Yeah, forty five minute drive away from if there's no traffic right.
Speaker 1: Now, if there's no traffick thirty yeah, like thirty thirty.
Speaker 2: To forty five an hour, you know. But it is like a small town that is on the outskirts of San Francisco and Oakland, right so you got to cross a bridge, go over some water.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and it's known to be like a very violent place, you know. I feel like recently l Russell has done a really good job of just highlighting some of the positive stuff out of there. But what was it like for you growing up in that area.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie like it's really what you make it for real, Like you could grow up in the hood and you feel me. You don't even gotta You're still gonna be around it. But like how affect your life is how you move for real? You feel me so with me, it was ain't I was really cool. It was smooth for real, and it got a little older, and you feel me. A lot of bushit start happening. You feel me, and it's like once you sucked into this street shit, it don't matter if you're not even in the streets no more. You feel me. You forever stuck in this shit. You feel me. Nigga could catch you out of town somewhere. You feel me. He'll try to get on you for some shit that happened years ago. You feel me so crazy, just the life of nigga, really regular shit for real.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because that shit, like you said, like it haunt you anywhere. You could be like somewhere out of town with your guard down.
Speaker 1: And we could be in can kN wrong. Niggas see who you feel me. He got the upper hand on you feel me, and it can happen.
Speaker 2: It's funny while sent as that song, I got there just trying to kill me for some shit that I forgot.
Speaker 1: I did just a life, you know, Mamas, when you live in fast, you feel me, You forget a lot of shit. But at the end of the day, you gotta stay, got to keep your head on the swivel because this shit could come back and haunt you any day.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I know you.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're back to it, man. How active have you been in the studio since you got because what would you get out on twenty third, twenty.
Speaker 1: Four or something like that. Knock got out on the fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Of April, so it's been about a little under a month. Yeah, have you been just working?
Speaker 1: Nah? Really ain't been working for real. I really just been at home with the family, joined the family and trying to make up that time that you feel me, the nigga can't get back type shit. You feel me?
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I've been in a studio like once or twice, like really just listening to beasts, gathering beasts up and shit for real. After this weekend though, I'm back on it through for so full force on the ground, on full force. But you feel me. I had to rebuild that bond with my son and shit, the fan bam, all that type of shit, just making that time.
Speaker 2: Were you allowed? Like was your son able to come and see you while you in jail?
Speaker 1: He was able to come and see me. But I ain't want him to come and see you.
Speaker 2: Don't want them to remember you, like I had to go to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the every time I was talking to him on the phone, telling my mat work. You feel me, that makes sense, telling my mat work.
Speaker 2: I had a long time of work. How does he he for now? Okay? So yeah, I mean he's for so he kind of understands what's going on. You get to kind of chat with.
Speaker 1: Him and them at work. I just found out, like right before I got out, that he knew what jail was. I don't even know who knew what jail was. You know what jail is though, because he'd be watching Paul Patrol and ship. Yeah, Mama out, Mamas were on a little video visit. He talking to his toys. He like, you going to jail. I'm like what you say? He like you going to jail? I'm like, you know what jail is, you feel me?
Speaker 2: That's your.
Speaker 1: You know, mama. So I just been telling him I'm at work type ship you feel me?
Speaker 2: I want you know. Obviously you're forever kind of connected with Kendrick, because I think Kendrick did a good job of using that Black Panthers soundtrack to expose SBRB and MAZI specifically to a bigger audience. You guys are obviously already torn and anti was already an anthem, and you guys already were selling out shows and ship. But what was the initial communication between t D. Kendrick and you guys to be on that soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Like how it came together?
Speaker 2: Type yeah, yeah, Like because obviously for people who don't know, man, if you were that, I always say, like s ob Shoreline, Mafia, Draco, Like, you guys influenced so much what's going on right now. But for real, y'all were kind of before all like before the before everybody. And I feel like Kendrick obviously was very attentative to the movement you guys had going on because it was hard to ignore, you know, And.
Speaker 1: He really ain't even had to come and get us, get anybody. He won't you feel Me, came and got the young niggas from the bay, you know what I mean. But now how it came about. J Rock had DM Slimmy. He was like, Kendrick trying to get in with you. You feel me? Slimmy asks my manager. He like, Nigga, it's real, It's the real j Rock. He like, yeah, Nigga, let's go fly out there. Let's go get it in. We get the call you feel me, It's time to go fly to La. Kendrick trying to get in the study. We come out here, hey save you feel me? We get in the studio. He playing the song we nod in our head and shit, I see the looks on everybody's face like we all kind of like we're like, ooh, this is Kendrick Lamar, Like what do you want us to talk about? Because you know how so when.
Speaker 2: You get when you get there is the paramedic the first like what is is it just the beat or what's been worked on already?
Speaker 1: It was the beat and then the little intro he had on there, the yeah yeah that ship you feel Me? We all nod in our head and ship, but I see nobody's picking up the they Pinning and pad you feel me? So I go over there and not ask him. I'm like, big bro, like what you want us to talk about? Like you feel me? What we on? He like, Man, do y'all how you feel me? Yeah? I kind of made a nigga happy. I'm like, you serious? Do us? Like he's gonna be talking reckless on this motherfucker? He like, yeah, do that shit. He's like, all right, niggas got in you feel me? After every nigga verse, he was like, he fucking with it. We really didn't think it was gonna come out. He like asked Kendrick, anybody he won on that song? You feel me? When that motherfucker really came out, I'm in the studio at the time, my phone blowing up, everybody calling me. I'm like, Yo, what's up? What's happening here? Like nigga you black Panther soundtracked Kendrick on the hook. He went on the hook at first, you feel me? So once I heard in the studio, niggas was jokes, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: That's wild And it's funny too because I kind of feel like he paid homage to a few. I feel like you paid homage to your guys' flow, to Draco a Bit and to Vada Vada's got the wop wop, you know, the ship that's going crazy in La. So I felt like, I feel like they not like us. Was also a way for him to kind of pay homage to like this whole generation of West Coast music. It's been going crazy. He really was like you close your eyes and you didn't know.
Speaker 1: It was Kendrick, you know what I mean, mamas.
Speaker 2: So I'm just hoping. Man I saw today had posted something about Charla Mane. But Sandi helps we get like a real West Coast Kendrick gobbin where he's wrapping over like that kind of ship.
Speaker 1: So I think it might happen, you know, mamas, because him by him doing it like that, like they could keep over for everybody everybody realistically, like because if he everybody at the tone for the national sound now, you know, mamas, because realistically everybody you feel me rapping with that type of flow nowadays, you feel me, So everybody you make that flow mainstream, that's gonna help everybody, you feel. Not for sure, that's the big birth.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the battle?
Speaker 1: I guess it's crazy, right, you know, you know I gotta be team Kendrick.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It's you know, It's like when I was growing up there we had we had, uh you know I was I was probably like seven or eight when no, let's see ninety six. I was like nine years old when the Biggie two box.
Speaker 1: Ship was happening.
Speaker 2: But I was very much alive and alert as a hip hop fan when jay Z and notas happen. And to me, this is like bigger than anything ever. This ship big and they's dropping. This is back to back to back to back.
Speaker 1: You feel me. Every one trending not playing.
Speaker 2: When when Kendrick said, you think the Bay is gonna let you disrespect Pop, that showing is gonna be your last stop? What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I don't get too much in it. I mean, I don't know. I mean, realistically, Drake got a lot of love like you feel me.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of love in the Bay mom, in the model video, you.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of love for real. I feel like he motherfuckers, you feel me. All his fans is not like gangsters and ship like you feel me. It's like regular just regular people.
Speaker 2: That's what I say about like you know, I noticed about this whole situation is like with Drake, Like there's so many fans of Drake where their only rapper they listen to is him and everything else feeling this other shit because he's like a pop artist too.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day. All this controversy shit, even if it's bad controversy nowadays, like it make niggas go up, You feel me, Like niggas is getting exposed on paperwork and they going up for that. You feel so great? Is shit? Crazy? The world different right now?
Speaker 2: It is wild too, because like you just said, like it's like un like man, even if like we there's guys out here still getting booked, still thriving, still doing whatever they're doing, and they have been jaked exactly, and it's like yo, like if this was like twenty ten, Like I don't know, these guys can walk around like it's just a different time.
Speaker 1: The world different right now, like as a whole, Like everybody not out here standing on they don't they don't give a fuck about that shit. You feel me, right, they're not standing on that type of business. Like really niggas getting away with murder right now? I ain't gonna lie you.
Speaker 2: Have a great uh working relationship. I feel like with certain guys from Detroit. Uh in Detroit, you know, I feel like it's having their own renaissance the last couple of years going crazy. Then also Shot to Flint, Shot to Real, the Younger was a show and the RMC mic and those guys. But uh, yeah, Detroit, it's going crazy. Uh have you you know, I would love to hear like, uh, somebody needs to like I don't know if it's Ghazi, but it'd be hard if they put together Like back in the day when I was growing up, there was compilation albums. They need to do like a Detroit to the Bay compilation where half of it is Detroit producers, half of the Bay Area producers and it's just POSSI cuts that Shiit would be.
Speaker 1: Great now for so niggas do need to do that. You feel me at the end of the day, Detroit, you feel me to my cousins for so you feel me, Yeah, we'd be on the same type of ship. Niggas need to handle that for show. Yeah, we had a You've worked with cash Kid, right, Yeah, that's my nigga. Yeah, Cash Kids hard Bro. They go crazy for so he's guessing his fucking bars are fucking sick. Yeah, I remember he came here in free style. All his sports references a me fucked up? What the fuck that nigga? He's smart as fuck, he'd be saying some sholly like high niggas come up with that, Like you be tripping for So what has.
Speaker 2: Getting locked up for you and being away from your kid for the last year? So has it? Has it changed any of the way you think? Any any any like now that you're free, Like obviously you don't want to go back, but like, are you changing up anything? Like is your mentality changed at all?
Speaker 1: Or my mentality change? For so I ain't gonna lie it humbled or Nigga ain't gonna lie like Nigga really trying to. Nigga really just gotta keep his head on the swivel out here. You feel me like, I ain't gonna lie. Like when I was out, I was dinner wasting, I was wasting a little time like you feel me. I could have been stepping harder than what I was, but you were going you were going up there, Yeah, but I could have been stepping way harder. You feel me like that shit made me realize that, like I gotta go full fledged with this ship. You feel me, You.
Speaker 2: Feel like it would help you to like leave the bay for a little bit, he said, would have helped me, Yeah, to like get out the bay for like a year or so.
Speaker 1: Like I ain't gonna lie, I don't. I'll be thinking about that shit sometime, like like just get out the way. I don't know, it's just something about being in the backyard, like I got access to everything I need. You feel me like I don't want to go to Atlanta and I'm trying to work out there and then like I got hell at Lena producers pulling up on me and like none of this shit my style. You feel me like for soul Nigga gonna branch out and like work with other artists, and you feel me like try with different sounds, but like I need my man.
Speaker 2: I just mean, like just for the sake of like getting out the way of the bullshit and just focusing. Yeah, because like you know, like Mazie did that where he came to LA and I feel like it almost like immediately changed his minium, you know, be a little bit more like tuned into the music. And I have to worry because when you're at home and you got whatever issues you got at home, it's like you're always you always gotta have that guard up. You can't really focus. I feel like one hundred percent if you got street shit going.
Speaker 1: On, mamas. So once you've been in this shit for so long, it's like you kind of become new to it. I mean you've become come numb to it type shit. You feel me like you don't even notice, Like being on guard, just being on point is just regular. For really feel me like, even if I moved to La, I'm gonna be on gard, I'm gonna be on point. Me me personally, I'd rather be on point in the Bay because you feel me. I know niggas facings. You feel me out here. You don't know, Yeah, I don't know what's going on out here. You feel me, I like I got a couple niggas out here. You feel me, but you feel me, I gotta I got a whole city behind me in the v You feel me like I got niggas in Oakland. You feel me, I got niggas in Enrichment. I got niggas in the city. You feel me like nigga got pulled out there? You feel me? I got love out here for show, but like on some street shit, ain't. I ain't got no pull out here. This ain't my backyard, you feel me?
Speaker 2: Uh? Did you see recently? Well yesterday Shortland Mafi dropped a new song.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was just on the phone with that nigga Phoenix today for real Phoenix flexing o GZ shout out to the whole storyline?
Speaker 2: Could this spark Obviously one of you guys are incarcerated for like twenty years for him, But could this spark at least a song between the guys from SB of one song and no comments? I saw the shortline thing. I said, maybe this could lead two. And when you say no comment to me, that means yes, that means it's already happening. If you're gonna hit me with a no comment to me, that that's that's it's already in the It's already in the cooker. It's already in the deep frier. So you guys are already working.
Speaker 1: HUHN were not working? Are you sure? No?
Speaker 2: Have you talked about Nah?
Speaker 1: We ain't talked about it. No nothing. I really ain't talked to brouh. I ain't talked to bro in yours. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope I'm wrong. I hope you're capping right now.
Speaker 1: It would be a beautiful thing to see.
Speaker 2: It would be well if in twenty twenty four we got a Shoreline Mafia song and the s ob RB song. You guys are the biggest probably what if out of like West Coast hip hop in like years.
Speaker 1: A big what It would be a beautiful thing to see for so yeah, cool.
Speaker 2: Well, and now that it's in the air, hopefully we can revisit this conversation too and be like, look he.
Speaker 1: Was lying hopefully one day never know.
Speaker 2: All right, So obviously you said you ain't really been working too much, but now you're back, your back focused is putting out singles? Is it working on a project? What is What's? And are you still with Empire?
Speaker 1: Uh No, I'm not under Empire right now, but you feel me in my boys for so like shot the guys probably realistically like I'm probably gonna end up being under Empired or for show Mama's But yeah, I'm really on some uh right now, I think I'm gonna play the I'm a fuck with the single.
Speaker 2: Game, right now you throw out there shooting video.
Speaker 1: Fuck with the single game before drop a tape tape on the way for soon the Russell should do a tape, yeah for show do it man, that'd be big for the city.
Speaker 2: Is it like kind of like seeing him kind of like change, you know the way independent artists are able to kind of think about how they do things.
Speaker 1: Because he's it's crazy. It just showing taking from the backyard front the backyard, tool making cheese out of his backyard. That's shit crazy, like when you pushing all positivity, you feel me and like you ain't got too much going on in the streets like that, you can move like that, like he's showing niggas like you feel me. Just be yourself. You feel me, you ain't got too much going on in the streets. I watch your back, you feel me. Niggas need to be moving like this, you feel me. I call the Russell all the time, call him baby. I call him baby Jesus, Baby Jesus. That's baby Jesus. For sure. He showing niggas the way me personally, I can't do no shit like that. I ain't gonna lie. I got too much going on. Well, one day man one day for one day, one day for sure. New music coming hopefully. We just put some shit into the air that ends up come to Fruition, so go watch. We just dropped the crazy freestyle over Not Like Us too, so you could check that out on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you coming through, man. Look we got to keep you free, bro, keep that weight on you.
Speaker 1: Noah for so look good on you. I ain't even spoke for real. Yeah, I've been on my sober shit. You feel me?
Speaker 2: Oh you ain't just again. Keep that Souper ship going, bro, you can stay fund so yeah, I got it. There it is man, the boy. Appreciate you, Brother, appreciate you. Fire