Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast to Love Hey It's Delilah. Every night on my radio show, I take a variety of calls from people from all walks of life, and today I want to share some of those wonderful calls with you. Hi, Chanelle. We talked about Thanksgiving and how grateful you were for your new marriage, your new hobby. And now it's Christmas. It's Christmas season and Honika season, and I have decided this year to only focus on the family aspects and the holy aspects of the holidays. I'm not buying into all of the craziness that I normally buy into. Tell me what your favorite family aspect? How many kids do you have? Two? Three?
Speaker 2: I have three?
Speaker 1: You have three kids?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What is something that you and your children cherish about this season? Something that binds you together with memories that will last forever.
Speaker 3: Me and my kids every year we decorate the tree together and we always go look at the Christmas light every year.
Speaker 1: Like drive around, find the neighborhood that went all out.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, we just shy around and the kids love it.
Speaker 1: And will you do that this year? And will you listen to my show while you're driving? Yes, ma'am, that was the right answer. Darling. You have a blessed holiday season.
Speaker 3: Thank you you two one, Thank you.
Speaker 1: God, bless you. Hi Vanessa, Happy holidays. Do you know what the word holidays means?
Speaker 3: Spending time with family?
Speaker 1: That's what it means to your heart is family. Yes, who will you be spending time with this holiday season?
Speaker 3: Well, it would be with my mom, my daughter, and my brother in law, his wife and kids.
Speaker 1: And is there a tradition something that you and your family do, like something maybe Mama has passed on a food or a recipe or a song, something that every year you just have to do this one thing, or the holidays don't feel complete.
Speaker 3: Well, we always cook pork for Christmas and then we have family and we listen to Spanish music and some Christmas music, so we mix it around and for the holidays when we do do the Christmas treet, remember my dad because he used to be the one that always put the Christmas to you.
Speaker 1: Up, so now we do it in honor of dad. Yes, oh that's very sweet. You have a delicious Christmas dinner and a wonderful time celebrating with your family.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Delilah.
Speaker 1: I love you, love you, Thank you, honey, God bless you. Good evening, Brook, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas. Can you share with me a favorite memory, a favorite tradition, something that you just thoroughly love about the holidays?
Speaker 4: My favorite thing about Christmas is being at my mom's for Christmas Dinner and all of our family is there and we just get to spend it together and we're all happy, and we get to eat and just enjoy each other's presence and be grateful for what we have before we head into the new year.
Speaker 1: Who cooks? Is mom the one that puts the big Christmas dinner together? Yes? And then do you kids step up to the plate and do the dishes so she doesn't have to clean up afterwards?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And what's the best thing on the table? Is it the sweet potatoes? Is it the green bean casserole?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What are we talking about? You dive into You're like, I can I can live without turkey if I have to, I can live without the ham, but I gotta have whatever it is.
Speaker 4: My mom stuffing. There's just nothing that Vita, it's so good.
Speaker 1: And does she like make her own where she cuts up the bread and seasons it, or does she go for the box?
Speaker 4: So she does do the box, but she adds her own like she adds some extra stuff in there to make it extra good.
Speaker 1: Well, you enjoyed the the stuffing, the time, the family, the memories. Happy holidays, Honey, God bless you, Thank you too.
Speaker 5: Hi Sharon, Hello, how is your Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Oh? Busy? I tided to go the healthier route this time, and that takes a little bit more work when you try to incorporate good nutrition into your Thanksgiving dinner?
Speaker 1: What fun is that?
Speaker 2: Well, no, you can still make it taste good. You just have to use the right seasons.
Speaker 5: Sharon. Yeah, there is no way in the world to make you know, pecanned pie with vanilla ice cream healthy.
Speaker 1: You just can't do it.
Speaker 5: You take out the sugar, you know, you take out the caro syrup, you take out the fat.
Speaker 1: You haven't got anything left.
Speaker 2: You know what you can do? You can subsuit and use fruitos instead of sugar, and it does work well in most cases.
Speaker 1: Sharon, Sharon, Sharon so Blad.
Speaker 5: I had my big old fat piece of fattening, sweet Peacan pie. Now that you're here, share your tradition with us the day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: What you said you always do.
Speaker 2: Well, when I was a kid, we used to go hike down in the woods and get any kind of greenery that looked real nice, or any kind of dried weeds that had you know, formed and were perfectly shaped. Well, bring them back up and use that in the advent wreaths. And then i'llso go back later in the you know, another week or two later and make Christmas wreaths and use that to decorate the house and also give those as gifts to friends or sell them or something like that.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a delightful tradition.
Speaker 5: So every year you make your own wreaths and your own adventt wreaths, and then you give them a way too to family and friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, in some how about this jockeys, Well.
Speaker 2: Now I do that. I've actually sold some off to some weathermen. Let me find us this jockey stuff.
Speaker 5: Let me find us for you to get you in that holiday mood as you work on your wreaths.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey, it's Delilah do