Speaker 1: From Hollywood to your.
Speaker 2: Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's get into what a lot of people are talking about. Have you seen the orange and white striped lanes on the freeway? You know they're there. That's a little bit. It's a strip of white and a strip of yellow.
Speaker 2: It's alarming like when you see it, because it's not normal, because.
Speaker 3: Orange you're not supposed to cross, and white you're supposed to. And it's a dashed white, you're allowed to change the lane, but an orange you're not allowed to change the lane. But now they've got a dashed orange and a dashed white together, and then they're dashed, and then.
Speaker 1: It's a creamsickle.
Speaker 4: It's exactly a cream sickle.
Speaker 2: And you have all these lanes and all of a sudden you're driving their white dashes, white dashes, and then you have you have not question white dashes.
Speaker 1: Let's guess what they meane.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what they meant until I read this article.
Speaker 1: Well I'm gonna guess what I think they mean.
Speaker 5: Okay, you have it in front of you.
Speaker 3: I haven't read it yet. Okay, let's see. I think it means you can change lanes but please don't.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to, but please with caution.
Speaker 3: It's a very dangerous place to change, but it's not too dangerous.
Speaker 5: To not you're warm.
Speaker 4: The caution word.
Speaker 1: Is so it's like change lanes, but be more careful than normal kind of But.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you want to guess, Tanya, does it mean like wake up? I would hope we're all awake if we're driving on the freeway, stay alert, be aware.
Speaker 2: Kind of it means caution. It's it's it's a construction zone. So it means that you're entering a construction zone and it's basically just slow down.
Speaker 1: Do they repaint them white after the construction's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or maybe they're stickers. I don't know what they are, but yeah, they they they take them off after the construction and it's probably for really long constructions that might last like a year, year and a half.
Speaker 1: Lane is going to be shut down coming soon.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but it's just more like and they try to. So it's on the five in northern San Diego County where drivers began kind of like, uh, encountering these orange and white lines or striped lines, and they said they noticed that it was like a big effect versus like when you sometimes see the flashing construction marquee and then you don't know when the.
Speaker 4: Construction zone ends. So this makes it super clear.
Speaker 2: As soon as the orange stripes on the floor are gone on the freeway gone, then that means that the construction area is done with. I had no idea. I was just like, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I know now it.
Speaker 1: Seems like a lot of work to paint them and unpaint them.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta do what you gotta do for safety.
Speaker 3: They were saying that, like, this also helps with the flow. I guess when we see other kinds of signs, we hit our brakes, but with these things you kind of ease into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's more seamless for traffic.
Speaker 4: Flow exactly, and they say it really helps with brain and fog too.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to study traffic.
Speaker 3: I also want to stay like when one person it's their breaks, the ripple effect, because you know, like one person it's their break, I know, and then twenty minutes later, the whole freeway stopped because that one person their break. I'm just going to study the flow of the rip a flow of things in traffic and how they cause you know when you're stopped in traffic and then you get to where it starts to move and it's nothing but because so many people tap their brake and ends up stacking up all the lanes.
Speaker 1: To a stop.
Speaker 2: Yes, what if there was like a way that all of our cars were like automatic to the point when you got on the freeway everyone was at the exact same speed limit, and then when you go to exit, you like hit a button and.
Speaker 5: Feel like that's the future now, yeah, I mean, and then that would.
Speaker 2: Get rid like you almost like enter like a pod on the freeway and that's your pod.
Speaker 1: How you have to so any of.
Speaker 3: The bridge engineers listening right now, Freeway engineers like to have a little dialogue. So yesterday I'm in the gym and this guy comes up to me and he says, great to see you. I'm like hey, and I don't recognize him, and he goes, you've been playing tennis. I'm like, not really, but h you know, I'm playing along like I know him right, and he goes, well, I would love to give you a lesson in great. Well that's nice. He goes, yeah, because I coached your family. I give your family some lessons. Wow, I didn't know. They didn't tell me they're taking lessons. He goes, yeah, the teenagers. I go, I don't know, don't have many teenagers in the family.
Speaker 1: What's your name? I go, Ryan Seacrest. I thought you were Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 5: So Jimmy Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 1: Wow. I was very flattered.
Speaker 3: I was this guy tennis pro. He's a tennis guy walking around talking about tennis. I had a whole conversation with him thinking I was someone else, and I was flattered.
Speaker 5: It's very funny.
Speaker 1: Ever, haven't you people think you're someone else?
Speaker 5: Yeah, from time to time.
Speaker 1: I thought I knew you, but no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Kind of a lot too.
Speaker 1: He didn't know who Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: Is, right like, he was like, well, I mean it's me, but he didn't know exactly because he wanted to take my number to give me a lesson, because how do you spell it last?
Speaker 4: And this is his move.
Speaker 5: You should take it.
Speaker 2: You'd be like you it's not hitting on you, but I guess hitting on you to be your instructor.
Speaker 4: This is how he gets clients.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you pretended I just spelled my last name. And then it's like a funny.
Speaker 2: Story and then you're like, well, you know what, Yeah, I want tennis lessons, and then it works.
Speaker 3: I was pretty flatter becau Jimmy found like six feet tall. So you should have seen me walking around my chest.
Speaker 1: Out huh so good? So uh, Tony, you think what I'm playing tennis is a good thing for me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it'd be cute for you, cute for me mine, I don't know, just like cute.
Speaker 7: Little short shorts romping around the tennis court.
Speaker 5: What if someone said that about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, Like, how is that? How is that not offensive?
Speaker 3: Should What if I just want to hit a ball over the net to get a little.
Speaker 5: Exercise, clients, and it doesn't matter what the war.
Speaker 3: Is, baggy sweats and an oversized hoodie. I'm gonna look like Justin Bieber on the court.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Justin Bieber. Whatever your heart desires.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So, this reason I bring this up because you're considering something, and that is is working out with your partner in your case, your fiance.
Speaker 1: Is that consider quality time?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Why why do you ask this?
Speaker 7: Well, because we both fall on two completely different sides of this, and because we haven't had a lot of quality time together lately. And we were going into our workout class the other day and Robbie goes, I'm looking forward to having this quality time with you, and I was like, not quality time, this is this is just a necessity in our day that we happen to be able to align that means of the timing.
Speaker 4: I'm with him, take it while you can, and I'm with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well it's so funny. It's like very torn. It was like fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: No, I consider it's an activity to do together, not evenly taking a hike together quality time. No different than a pottery class together. Quality time, hike time.
Speaker 7: It's different because you can chit chat on a hike when you're in a workout class with like blaring music and like you're running on a tread.
Speaker 3: Mitch looking at your workout, I think, I think you're by the way. I think I was trying to create something here.
Speaker 1: Why I was interesting.
Speaker 7: It's not that I wasn't making it an issue, but I.
Speaker 5: Was like, you're making it an issue.
Speaker 7: I want quality time. This to me, is not considered quality time.
Speaker 3: Getting ready, putting on your workout clothes, getting in the car, going together, doing the workout high fiving after maybe grabbing something afterwards.
Speaker 1: That's the quality time.
Speaker 2: Then addition to quality time, so it is quality time.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even be your only quality time.
Speaker 3: I think it's luxury. Correct, it's in the mix, but I think it's the luxury to go be able to work out with your.
Speaker 5: Partner just like him. I can't.
Speaker 2: I could work out with Michaels. These are opposite, like I can never work out with him, He goes.
Speaker 5: Do you know how many couples wish they could work together?
Speaker 1: Healthy?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Healthy?
Speaker 3: We are to be able to exercise together and feel good and create wellness for us as a couple, that we is a blessing.
Speaker 1: We should be grateful, gratituding.
Speaker 5: I'm not grateful.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying it doesn't consist considered quality time.
Speaker 1: I think you're going to lose this battle too.
Speaker 5: Sorry, bring it to you guys to back me up.
Speaker 3: And then I get well, no, there's right and wrong and you're wrong, and I'm like, I don't know what you may do. This is not great, this is wrong. Send us a talkback. Okay, I'm gonna play them. Talk back me right now. Is it quality time or not? If you have the luxury and the time to be fit with your partner. I think it's a total luxury.
Speaker 5: I think it's actually a really cute date.
Speaker 1: I do too. I like it and I encourage it. So if you want to.
Speaker 3: Send a talk back, you know what to do. Why am I looking at a poll? Did we take a poll?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: So I went to Instagram because we were like nah, and Instagram was almost fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: It was like fifty eight to forty.
Speaker 3: They're tilted in the wrong direction, I think, so, they said, But they said, yes, it wasn't fifty to fifty. It is fifty seven to forty three.
Speaker 1: That's not half, that's.
Speaker 5: Close to half. It's almost sixty forty. It's close to fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: It's almost six out of four.
Speaker 3: Say in favor of quality time anyway, call us or talkback red microphone. This has gone on entirely too long, But I really am inspired by couples that get.
Speaker 1: Quality time to work out together.
Speaker 2: It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Cute, Tanya.
Speaker 3: Any wedding plans that we need to be aware of, I mean, you've changed the date but didn't tell me, and now I'm just curious, are you going to share any wedding date plans anytime soon?
Speaker 5: Right no, but right now we're exploring Cabo.
Speaker 1: I love CoA over Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, well.
Speaker 1: I'm not making that up. You were telling me about things I know.
Speaker 5: I know that was the plan for a minute and then.
Speaker 1: No, all right, I never last her day.
Speaker 5: I never locked that in.
Speaker 1: I mean, Sisney, she told me to hold my Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: That's a big ask.
Speaker 1: Well it's a big ass. But she didn't tell me she moved to Cabo.
Speaker 5: She told you that she needed to move the dates around last week.
Speaker 1: I love Kapa. What season are we talking about?
Speaker 4: You can go any season.
Speaker 7: My big thing was the weather, and I was a word about La because it's so unpredictable. And someone's like, have you looked into Mexico?
Speaker 5: And I was like, no.
Speaker 1: The last wedding I performed at was a Mexican.
Speaker 4: Wow, you're a Mexican performer?
Speaker 1: Was my sister?
Speaker 5: I know, wish she got married in Combo too. I wish I should ask your sister if she liked it. I'm sure she she create hers.
Speaker 1: And done great. It was great. I still have my suit if at.
Speaker 2: Least you know Ryan's already done the dress rehearsal part.
Speaker 1: You know, that's exactly where to go on the day.
Speaker 3: Marc is about carrying the veil, the train, the train, the train.
Speaker 1: I not to carry the train, the train of the veil. No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess what's in the back the dress of the veil. That long thing that you train. Yeah, that thing I know how to do that.
Speaker 5: Cute.
Speaker 3: Well, keep me posted. Team meeting, staff meeting, family meeting. Actually, yes, Sisney's begun to lie to her kids.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, it's not begun to lie, it's well you continue to I had well, I had to tell a little lie the other day and then I was like, oh, it's just too much to explain. So funny enough, we were talking about parking meters yesterday when I went to pick up the birthday cake for Michael. I had the twins with me, and when I get out, I realized I didn't have my wallet. Now the cake was paid for and all that, I just had to go and get it and be done. And so when I parked, we were at a meter and I'm like, we're literally just gonna run in and run.
Speaker 4: Out, and Asa is like, well, no, you have to pay. You have to pay the meter.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't have my wallet, I don't have a coin. I'm like, we're just gonna go, but we're breaking the law, mom, we're breaking the lawn. And I was like, it's gonna be fine. We'll just we'll pay double next time. I said something just like you can do that. And then I was like yeah, so whenever it was a stupid lie and.
Speaker 5: I just I did what I had to do.
Speaker 2: But now I'm like, dang, like this is this gonna be a snowball effective?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a slippery slope. Next thing, you know, you're stealing power bars out of Vaughn's. I'm not stealing, and your kids are saying you can't take the gum in the power bar. That's against the law. I mean in a rush, shit, a panchion, a panic. I don't think that's uncommon for parents to do. But what I love is that you've trained your kids to call you out.
Speaker 5: Was like, like, not mellowed.
Speaker 1: You're actually gonna get me in trouble.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: They say it's the last thing you should do before you leave the house in the morning. It will reduce your chance of getting into an accident, and it should be the last thing you do because you will get in fewer car accidents.
Speaker 1: And it's kissed your partner. Oh, kiss your partner.
Speaker 4: Yes, who doesn't do this?
Speaker 1: I can tell you I don't. I did not this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a I have a higher likelihood of getting into a car accident because it didn't kiss anyway.
Speaker 1: Kiss Georgia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kiss Georgia.
Speaker 1: I can kiss Georgia. You ever kissed you? You ever kissed yourself like in the mirror?
Speaker 2: Right only when I was like in sixth grade and I was exactly how you practice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was gonna say I've done that, like recently. You kiss yourself in your mirror, like you know, when you have like your affirmations on the window or like on the mirror and stuff.
Speaker 1: You actually put your lips to your lips on the mirror.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna ask you not to share that.
Speaker 5: I'm not like making out with myself.
Speaker 3: Like, No, kissing yourself as an adult is too much, Tanya, Sorry, Tanya, that's not it. Drivers get into your accidents and when they kiss their significant other before they leave house, kiss your partner before you get in the car.
Speaker 1: Every day. Today's quote, go say to this one.
Speaker 3: Saving eight dollars a day equals three thousand dollars a year. Reading twenty pages a day equals thirty books a year.
Speaker 5: Dang.
Speaker 3: Walking ten thousand steps a day equals seventy marathons a year. Never underestimate the power of small habits.
Speaker 2: Yo, the eight dollar one, that one really resonates eight bucks.
Speaker 4: In a pity bank.
Speaker 5: I need more small habits.
Speaker 10: Go kiss yourself.
Speaker 3: That's my code name. On my code name, everybody calls me a small habit.
Speaker 1: FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 2: Several northbound lanes of the five are shut down in Tustin after a deadly crash involving multiple vehicles that happen around three this morning at Tussin Ranch Road.
Speaker 4: Only the right lane is open.
Speaker 2: Flower Street between Venice and Pegle Boulevards are also closed today due to an explosive fire in a vacant building that started around four this morning. The Rams lost to the Eagles last night, falling five to six. The Chargers, who are seven and three, play Baltimore tonight at SOFI Stadium for Monday Night Football, and you can catch that on our sister station All ninety eight to seven, and dozens of you people gathered at Echo Park Lake Saturday morning to judge a winner in a keesl Pluma lookalike contest. Yeah, a guy named Oscar from Downey was the winner on air with a Ryan Seacretsy.
Speaker 1: Now, Sistney has a story.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people talking about this and it has to do with texting.
Speaker 1: It's a texting Trentania says, she's guilty. What is it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's called hey hanging and it's when I mean, chances are you've been a victim of it, or worse you are a hey hangar And if that's the case, stop. It's when you just text somebody hey or.
Speaker 1: Hey, call me Hi? Yeah, like Hey, Hi, like Hi Hey? Okay.
Speaker 2: It's that first just initial hey, and then there's nothing to follow it up. So it creates a lot of anxiety. And also just for me, it's a pet peeve and it's been happening more and more and more, and of course gen Z for the first to raise their hand and be like this is not okay, especially in the workplace, because to get something like this from your boss is panicky, Like when you get a hey, call me from your boss.
Speaker 4: Your mind, Your mind spirals, and you're like, what is right?
Speaker 1: What I do wrong?
Speaker 5: Do I need nothing? Even relate?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It just kind of goes there.
Speaker 1: So I know what's a way to do it?
Speaker 2: Don't just say get get your point out in the text, like what is the point of a hey? And then why can't you just call me?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 5: Why can't you just call?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 5: Just stand up for the hay hangers.
Speaker 7: I would just like to say that sometimes you want a quick response. You don't want the person to think too much about the answer. So I'll do a hey, laba hey, so that I need to know that they are near their phone so that I can love my question for that. So I'm just letting you know as a hey, hangar, that is the do you know what it is?
Speaker 2: It's we have so many notifications happening on our desktops, on our phones and whatever. A hey, it's just like another notification without any sort of info behind it.
Speaker 5: But just right in with the question.
Speaker 7: You might you might you might not respond right away that you might see it, and then you know, some people look at their phones and then leave it for hours.
Speaker 5: I want to get you when.
Speaker 4: I know who you hay hang but you don't hate hang me.
Speaker 5: Well that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get you get to it. You always just kind of just hey.
Speaker 2: What's that one restaurant that you might go into six years ago?
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, what.
Speaker 3: Isn't it isn't that hay hang hey by Text's kind of like the head nod when you're in Yes, it's a head nod of text thing like I don't know, but I would say not wanting anything or need anything.
Speaker 1: It's just like I'm connected to you, bro.
Speaker 2: I just say hey back, and then I'm like, hey, hey, hey, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Call me?
Speaker 5: Why can't you call me? No?
Speaker 1: Didn't I send you? Call me an urgent the other day or timely?
Speaker 3: I say urgent or timely when I was looking for a tailor swift starting rush rush?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which quickly?
Speaker 5: Interesting word?
Speaker 1: Rush? Call me rush?
Speaker 5: Hurry are always panicky?
Speaker 1: Don't hurry up because I think I was really rushed. So rush was only four letters. I could get type fast.
Speaker 4: The fact that you're like had thinks that is really genius.
Speaker 1: Because it's so busy up there in that head.
Speaker 5: What is going on there?
Speaker 3: It's not Sysney you were the big talk. I did a meeting with Chase Bank for advertisers. Yeah, you did a big promotion in Miami for Chase, remember that I did. Wow, we did a talk of the meeting, but like we did a big thing with Siciny and.
Speaker 5: Chase Bank in Miami.
Speaker 3: In Miami, creating a little fomo. Yeah you know, Tanya Siany. I do these meetings and I meet with potential advertisers and usually when I meet there with them, they have not advertised and they're maybe looking to advertise on the show. And so by way to the Chase family, JP, Morgan, Chase, it was a pleasure meeting all of you there. And I started the meeting by looking at everyone's socks and a lot of them I thought were gen zers and they were wearing ankle socks.
Speaker 1: And I was told that ankle socks are out.
Speaker 3: But I brought this up to JP Morgan Chase, Nice, the Chase bankers.
Speaker 1: They just sort of smiled and laughed and they.
Speaker 3: Looked to me as if I was uninformed, and I just said I read this, and Sissy and Tanya said they were kind of out.
Speaker 1: I blamed you, and that's when they said, oh, sissy. We love her.
Speaker 3: She did this amazing promotion with Chase Bank and too. Yeah, I love her, but she's wrong about the ankle socks. So you missed the big meeting JP Morgan Chase.
Speaker 4: Well, invite me happy to come next time.
Speaker 1: Well I think they uh scheduled it during your music meetings.
Speaker 3: No problem, all right, speaking of ciciny with the goods here connecting on every level. This is something that got under your skin. This's fired you up a little bit, really did, because think about this because I don't do the math.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: We rely on technology to do the math for us because we have that technology, so why not?
Speaker 4: But now I'm second.
Speaker 2: Guessing every time I leave a tip because you know how sometimes if you're in an app, or like at a restaurant or at a store, whatever, it gives you the option to leave fifteen percent, eighteen percent, twenty percent, whatever it is, you don't even think about it, right, You push the button?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you sign you move on with life. Well there.
Speaker 2: It came to my attention on TikTok the other day and they showed me like this, this is a certain restaurant. We're not going to call him out but this guy was showing like him paying the bill, and he's like, look, my bill is twenty seven dollars, and if I put twenty percent, it's adding eight dollars and thirty cents to this bill.
Speaker 1: And that is not what's twenty percent.
Speaker 2: So twenty percent of twenty seven should be five dollars and forty cents, not just eight dollars.
Speaker 3: No, it's calibrated wrong. Or is was this a one off? I don't know, a system wide issue?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: So the other day, yeah, the other day I was ordering Instacart and then I went to go tip the driver and then I panicked and I was like, oh, let me do the math.
Speaker 4: Now I'm wasting time doing math. It was great, it was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is something today.
Speaker 3: Anybody who's getting their coffee, Well, coffee can pray calulate pretty well. But anywady's getting a meal today for lunch with your co workers, like, hit it and check it and check it and tell us if it's if this was like a one off er, if this is more of a system wide issue, right, well, I assume it's.
Speaker 5: You literally never checked it.
Speaker 4: I've never never in my life thought about it.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 3: Businesses can get inside there and tinker with it to record.
Speaker 7: Maybe they round up what would be twenty percent of thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, that would be six dollars ten times to thank you, Sisney did it much faster.
Speaker 1: That's why you advertise for the bank.
Speaker 4: Ye I chase, you got the wrong.
Speaker 1: Tay, that's what chases your came I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I think this is like a citywide test today, Orange County, La County.
Speaker 1: Next drive through our work, I'll check it.
Speaker 5: I mean, these little dollars add up. Yeah, it's not right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to another drive through.
Speaker 5: And it's not even.
Speaker 4: About the money. I love tipping big, I really do.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the fact that they're lying to us.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: Wait what drive through? Are you working?
Speaker 1: Going to pop into a drive through?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 1: I love doing new things for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of. I was so into the drive through. I'm just gonna show up in another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I might be a fast food restaurant, might be a coffee shop. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a cool promotion that we could do with you. Like you never know where you're gonna pop up. But if you do pop up, you come with.
Speaker 7: Thousands of dollars r out to people like Ryan's roast, not Ryan's roast, but like roasted coffee, not like a roast.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, Ryan, Ryan through, Ryan through.
Speaker 4: You never know what he's gonna come through, and then you come through with the money.
Speaker 3: But I have to tell you I had so much fun work Stoworks drive through. I'm gonna do it again, all right. Yeah, if you have a drive through that I could drop into. I just just spent an hour or so taking orders and past I need to pass them through the window because I love looking inside people's cars.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That was the Because you tall, you're like higher than the car. You can see what's in between their seats and in their seats. It's rot morning. Well I did that one at Sebburts and in the morning, body's in there, jammis. A lot of people were one two point seven kiss FM. So let's get into Ryan's roses, Ryan assistant and Tanya.
Speaker 1: It's Monica and Winnette cut.
Speaker 3: She says, I walked into the bathroom while my husband was in the shower and found him.
Speaker 1: Doing this to his body. Why would he do that?
Speaker 11: What was he doing?
Speaker 1: If not for another woman.
Speaker 3: Hold on for a second, Ruby, Yes, I just saw you take a big gulp of Health Aid kombucha flavor having.
Speaker 4: This is the ginger lemon.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's great in the morning, it's great in the evening. But it's also great before we make a big call like this on the air.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 3: It settles you, doesn't It settles your stomach, settles your nerves. Get ready, it's gets your good gut, the probiotics. Anybody else need to swig before we get into might as well pass it over here, mis traumatic phone call. All right, Monica, Hello, we're ready to tackle this.
Speaker 1: And Hi.
Speaker 3: All right, Hi, So tell Sisney and Tanya what you saw your husband doing in the shower.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 9: Needed something that was in the bathroom. I don't even remember what it was, to be honest with you, I knew that he was in the shower.
Speaker 13: I could hear it.
Speaker 11: But we're married, so who cares? And I knocked.
Speaker 9: I went in and I was really stunned to see him standing in the shower shaving himself.
Speaker 4: Why is that so alarming?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean it was his whole body, and it's his chest, his stomach because everything, and it's weird to me because he's never done anything like that before, and we have not been intimate.
Speaker 11: In a long time.
Speaker 9: It's been pretty infrequent since the kids. To be honest, I don't actually remember the last time, and I do take my share of responsibility for that. But I just can't think of a reason why a man would shave his entire body unless he's met someone new and she likes it. That's why it's alarming to you.
Speaker 3: Exactly, he's never pulished it up like that, and now she's wondering, who's who's inspiring this maintenance.
Speaker 1: So how long you've been married to him?
Speaker 9: Thirteen years?
Speaker 3: Okay, Monica walks in on her husband in a shower and he shaved his whole body. Why he's never done it before? She thinks it's because he's doing it for someone else. Monica, just thinking this through.
Speaker 2: I have one question for Monica. Monica, So that day that you saw him shaving his whole body, where were you two that night? Were you together that night? Did he say he had to be out late that night?
Speaker 4: That night?
Speaker 9: We were together that night? Okay, there wasn't a special occasion, and I did ask him. I said, you know, what are you doing? And he said that he wanted to try something new? And I said, okay, why and he said he didn't know, just because and then we were together. It's not like we tried anything new, you know, or anything.
Speaker 6: M hm.
Speaker 1: And Monica, just why do you think what's going on?
Speaker 3: It makes you think just because he shaved himself all over that he's cheating, Like you don't feel.
Speaker 1: Comfortable or confident.
Speaker 9: Well, he doesn't go to the gym, he's not a swimmer. He works in a shipping company warehouse. Like this doesn't seem normal to me. And I can't come up with any other reason because it's just really out of character for him.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it. Let's get into it. I need you to say, Ryan, you have my permission to call and then his name.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Ryan, you have my permission to call.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna do it. Now, be very quiet. Let's sayten.
Speaker 3: He try and find out who's top of mind, what he's thinking about, who he might send the flowers to, and then we'll bring you in once we tell him he's on the air. Okay, Monica, Okay, all right, Monica and win Nekka hang tight, here we go.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 5: So, Hi is this Jason?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Michelle.
Speaker 4: I'm calling from Vava Bloom. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: We're a flower business that delivers all over Los Angeles and offering a promotion today of a free dozen red roses that you can send to anybody that you'd like.
Speaker 11: So let me get this straight. So I don't understand. So I just what do I give your name an address?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could send them to any.
Speaker 11: Roses And just what do you get out of it? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: It's a free dozen red roses that you get to send to anybody that you'd like. I would just need the name of the person. We can put a note. I'm trying to promote my business, and all I ask is that if you're pleased with our arrangements, you come back as a customer one day.
Speaker 4: We can start with the name of the person.
Speaker 5: So there's no you know what I don't need.
Speaker 2: I don't need cash, I don't need credit card info or I mean any info from you.
Speaker 11: Really, none of that you need.
Speaker 2: We can start with the name of the person and a note, and then we can figure out delivery.
Speaker 9: I tell you what.
Speaker 11: I tell you what, so send them to too?
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on one second, let me do Let's do the address a little bit later, because in the bottom part of my computer, why don't we start with the note of the person you want to send to?
Speaker 4: Who are they going to?
Speaker 11: I'd rather not put put the name on there, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can ask why.
Speaker 11: Uh well yeah, I just you know, just can't you just maybe just I tell you what?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 11: What time would they come about?
Speaker 2: We can have them delivered by lunchtime today? Would that work?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 11: Oh, that's that's literally perfect. Okay, So meet you out front. I'll meet you out front.
Speaker 2: Well, we can get this no going because we have like really nice cards that they get printed on. So what would you like to say on the note?
Speaker 11: No, No, it's fine. Look listen to me. I'll be in a silver SRV just right up front, and I can just take them from you.
Speaker 2: The whole point of this is to promote our delivery service. That would be really beneficial.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just so, why don't you just drop them off to me? I mean, you'll be in a van.
Speaker 3: Jason, Jason, Jason, your voice is being broadcast in the radio.
Speaker 1: I've got your wife, Monica on the line. Why are you shaving? Jason?
Speaker 3: Why are you your voice is being broadcast here, your wife is on the line. Why are you shaving your body?
Speaker 1: Entirely? It's something you've never done before, and it's curious.
Speaker 11: What the hell? How would you even know who told you that?
Speaker 1: Your wife told me?
Speaker 3: What is your wife told me that you've been shaving your body for the first time, and that's not normally what you do.
Speaker 1: And we're curious, all of us to know why you're doing that.
Speaker 11: That's none of your business. Man Like, I'm not asking.
Speaker 3: Because I want to know them, but your wife would like to know, and she's asked me to ask you. And who live at the address that you.
Speaker 1: Just gave me.
Speaker 10: That Jason confident and your dress Monica lives there, Honey, No, it's address, Jason. I can come on the address. I can find out how I can drive over there.
Speaker 1: So let's find out that address. That's not your address?
Speaker 11: I shaved? Why would you tell the radio that I'm shaving?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter who who are you sending the roses to.
Speaker 11: Listen? It's look, it's complicated, okay, complicated.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's uncomplicate. Let's deconstruct this. Jason, you're married to Monica. Did you send the roses to Monica?
Speaker 11: I don't care about you, honey, No, no, no, did you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, no, fine, I'm going over there right now.
Speaker 6: You'll be there and noon, I'll be there by eight thirty.
Speaker 3: Wait, Jason, did you send the roses to Monica? The answer is no, So who'd you just send them to?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 11: Man? You just screwed everything up, man, I did.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Those are your actions, Jason, you screwed everything up.
Speaker 1: Hello, he's gone. I'm guessing he's not gonna be a fan.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing that he's a cheater.
Speaker 3: Well, I get I mean you'll react like that unless you're covering something up.
Speaker 1: Huh mm hmmm. I think we got it.
Speaker 3: But he used some unsavory language there this morning Saucy on Air with a Ryan Seacrets.
Speaker 1: On Air with a Ryan Seacret. We just had a Ryan Schrose's call. So here's the short.
Speaker 3: Monica reached out. She's like, Okay, you won't believe this. My husband of years I caught him shaving his whole body in the shower. Weird to think it's for an We get him on the line. He's not happy he's on the line. He sends the flowers to a sketchy address, not their address, not his wife's address. I asked him who he's sending him to, what's the address? All about why you're shaving yourself? And he told me I suck, so that's kind of it, and then he hung up or she hung up.
Speaker 1: He hung up, right.
Speaker 3: Turns out he's definitely sending the roses to somebody else, and based on his intense reaction to my questioning, he's cheating.
Speaker 5: I think for sure, based on that and his anger, major anger.
Speaker 1: It was kind of scary.
Speaker 4: Girl, Wasn't it totally scary?
Speaker 1: If you were me, you wouldn't want to be me. No, hm, Kamila, good morning? How are you?
Speaker 6: Good morning? I'm good. I'm better than she is. I just want to say, like, anytime a guy is making changes like that, and you all have been together for a long time, you know something.
Speaker 3: Is up, Like I don't know, Like I could see myself like getting a better body and then wanting to put oil on it and stuff, and.
Speaker 6: You're hot, like you're naturally hot, escape being married.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh.
Speaker 2: Laughing after he got chewed out by the husband, and this is exactly what he.
Speaker 4: Needs to hear.
Speaker 6: Listen, that man does not need his ego stroke. He knows he's hot. Okay, you like if you were cutting your hair, you're going through major changes like that. Also, if you've been together more than like even four years, and your man is manscaping suddenly, that's questionable, like why is he caving his I'm choking going to that woman's house. I'll drive with her if she wants, I'll give her a rut.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for being a passionate, loyal member of this show. I appreciate your feedback on all accounts here this morning.
Speaker 1: And you take a Karen.
Speaker 4: Hoiland Park You're welcome back anytime.
Speaker 1: Who's in charge of that?
Speaker 3: Because that's good Again, the whole Ryan's roses and then not getting that body part out there, good job.
Speaker 1: You deserve a gold that's the golden star.
Speaker 4: Later that the dump button.
Speaker 1: John John Parrs stand up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hilarious, he's standing out.
Speaker 3: Put on your mic turn your microphone on, pull it over there here it comes.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of boring watching us every day until words like that come out right right.
Speaker 1: But I was ready for it.
Speaker 4: He's always ready for it.
Speaker 1: So explain to me how it works.
Speaker 14: Well, ron a delay, so we hear everything in the studio first before the listener hears it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 14: And there's a dumb button right here, a dump button, the pepeep, and it takes out whatever the caller says that shit in there. And then how does that work with the delay? Do we lose delay time for every second we dump?
Speaker 13: We do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, tubbs, whatever about that though, but oh, toms, tubbs, come on, this.
Speaker 1: Is interes fascinating tubs.
Speaker 3: So we we heard a body part there, and in Ryan's roses we heard a couple bombs, f bombs and some other things. So how many seconds do we get to dump before we have no more to dump?
Speaker 8: We have up to twenty four seconds for each button press. It takes I believe five seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five.
Speaker 3: So we're pretty much walking on thin ice right now after all the dumps this morning.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it takes a few minutes to build that time back.
Speaker 1: Oh you recalibrate the dump. Uh no, it's just when you hit it five seconds gone.
Speaker 8: It's gonna take another few minutes and it's going to add a second or so of delay time.
Speaker 1: Is this confusing to anyone?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 9: Get it?
Speaker 11: You do?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to be a bord operator for years before on the air.
Speaker 1: You didn't have all the dump dump stuff to deal with.
Speaker 4: Dump here and there, live re modes, things like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're getting into the weeds. I'm gonna take a break. That's Ryan's roses. That's what happens. Thank you coming, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Dumps on air with Ryan.
Speaker 1: Laura, good morning, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we're going to handle this because it's a sensitive issue. It sounds like a degenerous notion that your dad's retiring to watch your daughter, but apparently you don't want that.
Speaker 1: Tell us more about this concern.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love my dad so so much.
Speaker 12: He's a great dad, but I just don't know if I want him as my daughter's full time caretaker. You know, when he announced to us that he.
Speaker 6: Was retiring, we were so excited for him, my husband and I, and.
Speaker 12: Then when he announced that he was retiring to watch our child, I was kind of taken aback. So, you know, I'm hiring my baby this fall, and he's talking about us bringing her to watch my child at his place is just twenty minutes away.
Speaker 9: Like the logistics don't make sense.
Speaker 11: So I don't know.
Speaker 12: You're right, is a sensitive issue and I just don't know how to say, I love you, but I rather put her in daycare.
Speaker 1: Right, Wow, I know these are this is really difficult. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is your dad young.
Speaker 12: My dad is not really that young, so that's a factor.
Speaker 2: And you know, I wouldn't trust my kids. I wouldn't trust my kids with any of the grandpas and my family.
Speaker 1: To be honest, you gotta give, you know, older parents what they want.
Speaker 2: But a newborn baby is a lot of work and there's schedules that you have to stick to, and grandparents don't stick to schedules. Like if my dad watched my kids every single day after school, he would feed them in and out, and like, who knows they watched.
Speaker 1: TV all day.
Speaker 3: I disagree because my mom was like wrote down notes about what my sister told her when Flora was a baby, and she went by the book.
Speaker 1: You were not allowed to deviate, but.
Speaker 4: That's I'm telling you cannot deviate.
Speaker 2: Sometimes grandparents have their own agenda and they're like, well this worked when I did it twenty years ago.
Speaker 7: Maybe there's like a hybrid situation that you can do because maybe your dad doesn't remember what it's like to have a full time newborn, and so maybe in his mind think he's like, oh, I'll go to certain things here and there and not be like the full time caretaker.
Speaker 3: Has he seen like can he mirror you and see what you've got to do? And then you can confirm with him that he's up for it, because maybe he'll say, oh, you know what, I'm not up.
Speaker 11: For it, right.
Speaker 12: I think a hybrid schedule is such a great idea that I didn't even know existed.
Speaker 11: So I'll have the thoughts.
Speaker 12: Good daycare is in my office when I go back to work, so maybe I'll talk to them and see, like if they have some kind of three days on, two days off type of schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a really good way to ease into it. Or maybe it's just a half day and then he picks up the baby just for three hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, might save you some money too.
Speaker 1: Or get on it.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to us anymore, Go get on it in good luck. Always difficult when you're dealing with family like that. Right, Yeah, I know, Oh all right, thanks for calling. I just loved that Laura called us instead a thing. Anybody else to talk about it.
Speaker 4: The best thing though, so she can't. Maybe she used that one an open mind.
Speaker 3: You know which airports lose the most luggage? Are you traveling today? Number one? Chicago loses the most luggage. Number two Vegas Y loses the most luggage. Number three San Diego loses the most luggage.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I wonder if the Vegas one is by design, because you're already there, you could shop the like should lose their luggage.
Speaker 1: La seven. It's not bad.
Speaker 3: I mean it's bad, but it's not bad. It's not great, not great. So love those little things hit my fever or on the show, Okay, let's get to it. There was a big response Tanya to whether or not you should have an indoor or an outdoor wedding.
Speaker 1: Now we talked about this.
Speaker 3: You were trying to choose between Robbie's parents backyard or a venue, right, And it sounds like you're lining more towards a venue. But I think I think I said I would choose a venue because it's a lot of pressure to put on Robbie's parents, and then after the wedding there's a lot of tear breakdown, tear down whatever, clean up, And I just don't know that they are they up for all that, Like, is that really what they want to do.
Speaker 5: They say they're up for it.
Speaker 1: They say it because they're good.
Speaker 4: But I think his mom s adjusted it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they would like Let they do say that they would love it.
Speaker 3: But then something's going to break, right, So I guess we asked venue or parents and is it a burden on the parents?
Speaker 1: A lot of responses, Jill said, Ryan is right, do it somewhere else?
Speaker 5: Well, Jill, I love that that was the first one.
Speaker 3: Right, this is a sample group here, Jackie said, I like the idea of his parents backyard. It's so intimate and personal and if the weather is bad, everyone heads inside. I mean, is that what his parents are going to want? No, you can't just like wing that right back to Jill.
Speaker 5: Do you want to grab a fold of chair head inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Susie, don't do it.
Speaker 3: Erica, Wow, we get an outdoor veting Temecula that had bad weather, get a backup playing.
Speaker 4: We definitely need a backup plan, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Jill said, Rine's right, I'm seeing it right here.
Speaker 3: All right, Marcella says, indoors, you don't want to be walking down with sunglasses or squinting in your photos.
Speaker 5: I honestly never thought of that element.
Speaker 3: So tiny, debating parents' backyard or in a venue, I say venue.
Speaker 1: Tricia says, have it on the beach seems complicated, I know, not really.
Speaker 7: A feet in the sand kind of Bridey, start opening up your options here.
Speaker 3: Okay, take Off says I grew thrund having venue. They're paid to take care of all the set up and clean up. I'm just trying to create a less cause. I Tony, I know you well, I'm beginning to see your shoulders rise a little bit close to your neck, and that's like there's a little bit of stress that you're feeling about this whole thing, and one less issue or one less concern might relax a little bit more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Honestly, I was getting to the point where I was like starting to feel that stress and that pressure, and Robbie's like this is fun, Like this is let's enjoy this, Let's go visit these venues, like let's enjoy And I'm like, you know what, You're right, there's no What the pressure is is in my mind is time is like time timetime, I have to do it fast.
Speaker 1: I do that, like honestly, let's drag this thing out.
Speaker 7: And also like, this is how I picked Robbie, this is how I picked him. I went through so many guys and I landed on the perfect one for me. So now I'm doing that with my venues.
Speaker 1: So are you thinking now twenty six or no?
Speaker 2: Definitely twenty twenty five do a venue to Michael and I did that one weekend and it was so much way to ten venues in one weekend.
Speaker 5: It was like, whooh, to be top of California, all the way in San Diego. Yeah, that's what I think we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Nicole is on the line. Good morning, Nicole. You got all of us here.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 13: Ryan?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 13: How are y all?
Speaker 3: We're doing fine? Okay, we're stepping in for some life advice. We're unqualified to give it, but we love to. What's the issue with your friend's boyfriend?
Speaker 13: So my friend has been dating her boyfriend for about a year now, and he just parties way too much. Like whenever they go out or do anything, they end up just having a wild night no matter what they do. And I mean I've witnessed this firsthand. Whenever they invite me out to dinner, we somehow end up going out afterwards to bars and it becomes such a crazy night. And it's honestly gone to the point where I don't want to hang out with them anymore because this has become the norm. They keep inviting me to hang out, but I keep coming up with a excuse, out your excuse, and just telling white lies because I just can't do the partying anymore and it's really exhausting. I guess I'm not really sure how to bring it up to my friend without insulting her or like her choice of her boyfriend. So what what do y'all think is the best way to handle the situation?
Speaker 11: Because I am absolutely set up.
Speaker 1: You're done two things here.
Speaker 3: One don't care like you you don't care so much about being directed and honest with them. And two, don't spend don't accept, don't spend time with them. But I think there's nothing wrong in saying, hey, look, you guys are a little wild. The tempo is a little too much for me, and you're a good friend truly if you can be open and honest and say that, don't you think, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Or you could have the self power to just go out to dinner and then not go out to the bars and all that, just call it at night, like like Tanya does that with me sometimes, you know, be like you out to dinner, like I want to keep going, and then she's like, you know, I'm done, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 4: So you just have to stop yourself as well.
Speaker 13: Call Yeah, that's so true. And I guess I don't think she realizes just how much like they really are partying and how it's truly affecting not only our relationship but her relationship with our other friends and everything else.
Speaker 3: I mean, a good friend is being a direct and honest friend, right, And so I think that you have Yeah, you have reason, you have, you have reason to to have that conversation. By the way, I would probably avoid saying it's her boyfriend also, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: On him, because becomes that becomes defensive.
Speaker 11: Yeah right, yeah, it really does.
Speaker 13: And that's where it gets like tricky, because it is him, like he's kind of the one who started this.
Speaker 11: She wasn't really like that before she.
Speaker 3: But she knows if you just say to her, look, you've seen a different side of her and it's becoming a little bit of an issue and you just want to make her ware. I think that's the best way to handle it. Be direct, to be honest. Thank you for calling, Nicole. You have a great Monday.
Speaker 13: Thank you all have a great day.
Speaker 1: Everything is as life goes on.
Speaker 3: Friends like that don't always stick around now exactly, you don't. I mean you don't have the same number as time goes on, and every now in the universe makes you edit your friends, and maybe that is somebody that doesn't need to be in her life.
Speaker 1: It's taking away from so well being and her wellness. I hate direct conversations.
Speaker 5: I keep ignoring.
Speaker 4: This could just happen naturally.
Speaker 5: That's what happened to me. Like all my friends from like ten years ago that I used to kind of party with.
Speaker 3: And all that that is going to do it for us today. Coming up tomorrow, we've got a second date up date. Have a great Monday, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.