Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits flashing back through thirty one years of radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's greatest.
Speaker 2: Tis Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: How about this elephants? And you know what when I told the guide, you know, because they know all the animals, right that in our state that our two main football teams does they have all sorts of eagles there too, all sorts of them, right, they said, which we saw them, they were unbelievable, And I said, we have an eagle that flies around the stadium and lands in the middle of the field and eats a hot dog. Listen if you could have seen his face. And then I said, in our other team are actually the elephants. I mean their mascot's an elephant. And he was like, are you kidding me? And I'm like no, it's unbelievable. So anyway, so seeing an elephant, we came upon elephants and there's elephants just all into the brush and standing back in there. And then like there's an elephant that just takes a tree and just pushes it down like for fun, like it's nothing that was he eating it or was it just for fun? Like I think I'll just trying to eat some of the acadia or something off of just pushes it down because they couldn't get to something.
Speaker 3: What about the environmental damage? That calls right, boy, tell you what you think.
Speaker 1: Hogs are bad? Get a hurt elephant. I wouldn't want to tell him about it. And we had a female flare ears up at us in charge, the charge of the jeep. Really that was interesting, I said, I guess we're supposed to be quiet again. And uh so that that was interesting. And we saw little baby elephants, little tiny babies which they held their tails. Yes, isn't that funny? The elephant walk. We got some pictures of that coming up. Keep checking down the gallery. So anyway, so then they we we've lost Speedy to leopard hunting. Then I'm just trying to find bee roll. Oh but look at look at that. How funny. So then we take a break and they say, my house kit, he's going after a bird. And by the way, you go on safari just like you go deer hunting, you safari in the morning, you start late afternoon. So the middle of the day you go back to the lodge and the food's outstanding. So there was an offer. They have something called are you on foot? And so snake Yeah, u Kasha is the name of that tree. So anyway, thank you, Sherry. So so look, so we're like on foot, Cherry, you need to come up here straight and Rick, you really did tell us wrong. So then look, so then they say no children can go that are younger than twelve.
Speaker 3: Or anybody with bananas in your pocket.
Speaker 1: And I said, okay, So now they said they have people to watch. So really, in a surprise move, my wife says, I think we should do that. And in a bigger surprise move, surprise move, I said, okay, I'm in. So it's it's so Rick, you live by the code.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have an animal that can take me.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna say your fear of.
Speaker 3: Dying from an animal attack and your on foot in Africa, right, I just want to be sure I understood.
Speaker 1: Right right now, now, let me say this. We have two guys with us, who are you Rifles that are four fifty eighth is what they're called, and the bullet on the thing, so it's a it is a true four fifty eight. Yeah, and they had two of them to peg one one up front and case. So so listen to this safety talk and this is where Sherry came apart. If she's listening. So it's almost a fifty millimeter yes, and uh to take down a cape Buffalo elephant. Yeah. So anyway, so we get there and.
Speaker 3: That it's almost a cruise missile at that point.
Speaker 1: And then here's the speech. Everybody up and I need everybody to be real serious right now. And I'm like, I am in. So it's Sherry, and listen, it's Sherry and me. It's John Collier and his wife Julie. It is John, it's John Junior, it's big love, and it is their oldest daughter Catherine. So he says, we will walk single fault and we will not get out of formation. Oh no, he says, you need to really listen to me right here, and I am in. You don't want to see that. He says, under no circumstances, no matter how afraid you may get, if we get in a bond. I didn't like the use of the word in a bond. Yeah, he said, he said, we know these animals, we know what to do. We have the right if we're in trouble. He says, do not run. Do not run. He said, if you run, you'll be tired and dead. He said, you will die if you run. Which do they think? Game on? Yeah? To me, that's important. That's an instinctive thing to attack if you run. If you want to get to the bottom line with me, tell me if I do this, I die. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, Rick, how many guns did they give y'all?
Speaker 1: None, which concerned me. And so then he says, single file and listen, let me take the two dads, y'all get at the back and tackle anybody who might run if we get into buy do not let someone run. And I'm like, And when he does this, Sherry turns around, now understanding the situation and says, what are we doing? Yeah? And she's like, Rick, should we just should? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: And see, my thought would be if somebody takes off running and I'm in the back, I let him run, because that way the animal goes after them, leaves us alone.
Speaker 1: Don't think that didn' cross my mind, right, That's just the way I would love. I love my wife, and I love my friends, and I love my children. But I got to tell if one of them runs are on wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, but but but but so wet'll send somebody back to look for you.
Speaker 1: Right, so anyway, because you're right, the animal then will blow past me chasing them. Yeah. Uh so then I'm having foot issues, my old foot foot foot has bothered me because we've been walking a lot. Okay, and I start limping and then realize you're, oh, no, that's a son. I'm the old animal in the herd that is injured and sickly, and it is and has distance between him. And I want to tell you the guy. I want to tell my brother John call you this. He stayed with me, and I don't know that I would have done it for him because so you were off, y'all broke away from the past. He realized I was having a hard time keeping up with the pack because I'm gonna tell you one thing. Once they told Sherry to run is to die. Sherry was up there with the guns, and I give her problems for that. She was up there with the guns. The men would the guns then, Sherry. That's how you need to picture the line. Rick.
Speaker 3: It appear someone took the phrase house in waffle House a little too literally at the Gordon Highway location. This is from the WAGT website and the station is in the Savannah, Georgia area, so I'm going to assume in that area. He was spotted by an HVAC repairman. Cops and firefighters were called in to help the man down. Crews were not sure how long he'd been up there or even how he got up there. Someone shared their cell phone video with the TV station. Another witness, Marvin Stone, says he just pulled up to work, saw the fireman on the roof, and saw cops on the roof and started asking questions what is going on? They said they had never seen anything like this. The man was unidentified and dehydrated and taken to a nearby hospital.
Speaker 1: They don't even know how he got up there. You know what he was doing trying to start his version of New Hope is that it isolated and start over right on the rooftop of Waffles. What a great place to start.
Speaker 3: Well, we will have to have a contract with waffle House to be well represented New Hope or we won't even start.
Speaker 1: You know, I think that if you'ld trace back shattered over Eason this guy, I probably got up there in the condition where he was probably hugging waffle house and thanking it for being.
Speaker 3: Available, or rick he was trying that new diet that we've seen tried before where you just smell the food you don't take it in.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, that's true on the roof of a waffle house. I think we got to come up with one question answer here, and that is how he got up there. Yeah, that is a good question. Is is it easy to get on the roof of a waffle house?
Speaker 3: I mean, well, I'm looking at the at the picture of the event here, and the fireman and all have an extension ladder that they're getting up there to get him down with. So it doesn't look like there would be anything easily to get up there.
Speaker 1: I've heard of scattered and covered, but this is over the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they says, they says, get pretty hot up there.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine, yeah, smell good. But hut, yeah, I would think so. I mean it's I mean, I love I love the comfort of being near a waffle house. I get that.
Speaker 3: What if they had like a fireman pole, you could just slide aroun down into a boost wouldn't that be cood man?
Speaker 1: And there's you a loft upon that waitress every day? Say Sugar, how you doing what you want? And tell you about the lost dogs you picked up on the way. I go into waffle house sometimes just so I can be called sugar and honey, Sugar, what you want to know? What can I get for you?
Speaker 3: You know this goes back to people, you know, giving people a little common names when they refer to them.
Speaker 1: I'm not offended by that. I love it. I love to be called that, don't you. Oh yeah, absolutely, it's sweet. Yeah. So uh so anyway, call me sugar? Yes? So do you? Uh? Do you go scattered and covered? Oh no, I'm pretty much scrambled eggs and dry wheat toast. That's what I try most. I'm not talking about something you're trying to do now. I'm talking about if you now, if you can go in there and get it like you like it, because I made with you before, I've never seen you eat that. I've never heard dry wheat toast mentioned anywhere around. I know you're doing it now, but I've eaten in there with you.
Speaker 3: I've eaten that way for a long time. But the time what I have I mean is what's that call that we get great Eric bub What is that?
Speaker 1: Bubba? We don't tolerate lying? And you hope I know I'm not what what do you call it? This is a perspective issue.
Speaker 4: What is It's not the Grand Slam, that's somewhere else.
Speaker 1: No, but I will as long as I've known Bubba.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now he he gets a lot more on his plate than he may want you to believe. But he does the dry toast every time.
Speaker 1: But I supposed like counter all that up. I think that's the way he likes get.
Speaker 3: You know, I like butter on corn, but I don't have to have it on toast. That's one of those things I can skip on it. It's really no big loss.
Speaker 1: Right, But but I'm talking about you go scrambled eggs and nothing else.
Speaker 3: We toast usually and if the if the grits get pushed over there towards me, I may take about it. Here's what happens, is we getting I go and eat that all of it and a waffle too, sure I can yea. We usually split, okay, and he gets the scram eggs and the dry toast, and I get the waffle in the bacon, and whoever's hungry.
Speaker 4: Gets the grits.
Speaker 1: How's your ta It's called all American? I think does he come after that waffle? Most days some of it and then you'll get here and eat again. Matter of fact, I've tried to give it away if I ever end up with it by accident. Yeah, I tear up some grits now, I like them. Hey, I like some breakfast food. Now, all right, we're really appreciate the audience has been here for a long time because you guys really understand. And we even missed this one, and you guys came up with it. Does Ryan Greenwood know? Ryan of course worked with the show for years and uh part time and then full time and and has as an entrepreneur, has his own business now Frenzy Designs. And Ryan, welcome back, buddy, Hi buddy, Let me ask you this. Are you aware at all what's going on? I am not to be Oh, thank you, Hey, buddy? Clear the table. Are you somewhere where if you fall you'd be okay, okay, all right, all right tonight there's a double header uh at Pelham High School, which is that's in the Burmham here that's where Speedy's son, yeah, plays, this is a bonus.
Speaker 3: Speedy Son's pitching the second game, but that's really not the same he's.
Speaker 1: He's pitching today at some point, and they're and they're playing you know, the split up school, and they took the school and split into two schools. They're now playing the new high school. Okay, which which okay, all right, wait man, now we're not even there. We're not in closer. We're not in closer together. You hold it together now, house of cats. Okay, Okay that listen, Okay, listen please, because if you don't listen, you're gonna miss it. And between the double header, they are going to retire the flag that has been flying there at the field for lots of years. It's kind of tattered and it's time for it to be respectfully taking that.
Speaker 3: It's you have to have a ceremony to properly do away with that.
Speaker 1: Military people are coming in, okay, generals, generals, generals are coming in flag handlers. Uh and and as the flag is being taken down by a military regiment, okay, and everybody, they've got songs, patriotic songs. They're gonna shut the concessions, stand down, nobody moving while this program the whole program. Would you like to know who will be the voice of the flag and read the poem Old Glory read a poem? Yeah, on the PA system as the voice of the flags, like the flag's talking, that'd be one Calvin Speedy, Will you mean mister smooth? Ryan off Air has been practicing and I cannot tell you what he said instead of flag, but it was, well the one where he'll read we're looking around six pm, which I've already cleared my calendar.
Speaker 2: Uh, my girls are playing.
Speaker 1: I'll just skip their games. Right.
Speaker 3: We're thinking about getting together and eating and then riding in one car just so we'll have to ride together as we leave.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's a pretty long poem too. By the way, he's the flag speaking to the public, and it's timed out.
Speaker 3: It's all timed out, so if he doesn't finish at the right time, the guy bringing the flag in will be out of steadrug.
Speaker 1: Listen, he's all referred to the military as the military this morning. You know what he said the first run through? He said, I have been revered all over the world. We're like, that's revered. It's been revered. I've been revered all over the world. Right him practicing in the break has been better than Can you read a little bit of it for Ryan right now? Speed read a little bit of it. No, man, Yeah, that's another thing. He's not going to practice. You here it is. I walked through a county courthouse square. That's trying to do You think anybody would know that's not it's a great idea. Give him just a little No, this is your friend. Run the line, come listen, let him hear and be serious. Now you need to be very serious like you will. You're trying to sabotage that you talking about sious. You know he's gonna drop and when he gets has a serious point. Guys, hey, you reading no glory? What do you do? You have to be a serious boice. Let's hear a little bit of you know, you do need to practice. No, I'm not to lines. You're not just practice by not being prepared. That's how you can just prepared, just not live. So I run through It doesn't help, right, So I run through doesn't help? Right?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Will you please don't let that woman make you not quit doing the bed? Come on, last collar, we're running it. We're all bad people for we have stretched out for two hours.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: Well, look, we couldn't turn this show right now if we tried. Every one of us knows we should. We just can't. We should have. I want to talk about the Eagle camp. I really do. No will you please? I'm asking you for me and for Ryan, and we're gonna know this is no more. I want you to read two lines, like when you say that you're the flag, be the flag, hold on you how seriousness is? Do you realize how serious it is? Right? People? People are very sill, should be very seriously. If y'all come to the game, please they're mad about us talking about it the magic Please don't let me know you Ryan? Right now? Are they please record this? Don't miss this? All right? Goby stop Ryan? Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Stop Ryan stop, be quiet, mute him. I am the flag of the United States of America. My name is Old Glory.
Speaker 2: HMS.
Speaker 1: I feel like that first buffle in his ears, even get it in his nose. You couldn't get that from Wick enough. Could you listen? Don't forget while he's doing this, there's gonna be military standing at attention. There's gonna be the boy Scouts are there. He's gonna be fine. Oh, it's timed. He's got a timing out right. Yeah, six, that's been bumped a little bit. They gave you a little ring. Oh gosh, Alan, Look Alan, who's in charge of all this? He's Alan. Please don't get nervous. I'm a gamer baby.
Speaker 3: All of this is coming. All of this is coming over. Right after Speedy's descript to.
Speaker 1: The front of an airplane. There you goes, there goes. Keep in mind right where we where we meet here.
Speaker 3: Listen, we're fifty years old. Okay, we're making five of Speedy.
Speaker 1: Who's got to do this?
Speaker 3: I'm serious ceremony and our entertainment is trying to.
Speaker 1: Make a guy that has asked my pass. Something wrong with those show? I wonder people don't want if we are terrible. I agree with that. Lady. We need to go pick up some trash on the road or something I need. How about this? I need to add about eight more men. All right, what I'm doing, it's not changing Ryan weed at Lloyd's and going over. I'll stop if we can have chicken. Ever before we go. My day's complete. I'll see I'll see you about five fifteen, just in case.
Speaker 3: Traffics man, and right, Ryan, what other thing you don't have to have a shirt that looks like a flag? Thanks guys, appreciate y'all more.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ryan, good to talk to you. Anybody got hit that you just about killed to dathematic right? That was I'll be happy I minute in passing out and down.
Speaker 2: The ricking bubba ricking bubba.
Speaker 1: Uh speedy, let us know that his dad off air just you need to go with a flag one. Uh, you're not going to read it? Why would you not read? You're an extension of you because you could do dramatic reading. Ready, public reader. I'll give you that sound stop anybody on this show. And the only way I will allow this to be on is if Greg reads it. Okay, I read it, huh yeah, if you'll, if you'll, yeah, if Greg will read it, that's all very good reading. That's almost as good as you read it. Yeah, all right, a little easy reader. Your dad's gonna be disappointed. He had an opportunity for his son nationally televised and radio all over the country. He may never give it to Greg. I don't think he cares who I think mistake why you're not. He never even asked for these to be read. He just said, this is my fault. You're embarrassed of him. God forbid. I just bring something up. My honored to read it. But I'm mister, well, when I hated your son didn't want to represent represent the family. That's not true, because evidently he don't think it's good. But I think it's pretty awesome. I've read it. Actually, I never said I made that up. Okay, see this is your problem, but I'll be proud to read it. Can we put there? Could we put this up and under Greg? Yeah? Alright? My flag, my country. Some caller stars and stripes. Some call her Old Glory. She is quite a banner, representing quite a story. She was born in new Land, wanting to be free. She was held high in battle in the fight for liberty. She faced bullets and cannons, rockets and bombs, but bloodstained hands saw victory one. She's been hurt and burned and even disgraced, but no other other flag will ever take her place. She represents me. My blood is flag red. I love my country. What more can be said? God bless you USA. G Daddy six fourteen fifteen. There you go.
Speaker 2: It's truly good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That is a good. You should have read that.
Speaker 5: It was something Greg you got to pull like a a voice for poems.
Speaker 1: I've been you thought about contact. PBS has contacted me about narrating, think about all the things that the flag was next to the feet except a swing vote on the Supreme Court. Very good, that was good. But Omaho is not a city. It's a beach. Okay, that's really long. And I didn't know. I want to hear you read it now. I don't want to mess it. I kind of docuse you know. I love World War two stuff. Yeah, don't mess that. Lord with a swift waiting on you. That's perfect music. Waiting on you. Now, it's very long, waiting on you. Guys. You could be done in a minute, just a little bit, having print, friend, Omaho is not a city. It's a beach, a beach who's sand turned red on that fateful day. Oh Utah is not a state. It's a beach. Oh a beach where bodies of many dead soldiers lay. And there are three other beaches not mentioned here, whose sands are also filled with blood and tears. And in the air came gliders and the men with shoots who were commanded to secure the bridges and capture all the roots. The battle was fierce, and many wounded fell and another would take his place, ready to march against the gates of hell, old grains of sand. You have many stories you could share about bravery, courage, sacrifice, and the true grit beyond compare. It was a battle for freedom and to protect our life. It was a battle that was hard and heavy and took its stream sacrifice. So wake up America from Normandy's beaches. Be warned that freedom that didn't just happen. It must be fault four and one. Oh God, I tell you, it must skip a generation, y'all. Yeah, challenge of family members, what happened? That is awesome? That must skip a generation on you. But you know what it is when you hear Greg read something so so hard by the way, the music was that was fantastic, was by the way, but here's almost squalling. But here's the thing hearing Greg do that you remember that part during The Grinch who Stole Christmas when he tries that like he likes Christmas and you're like, he did like it in the end, I know, but it took you while to think he was sincere though, right? You sure? It's like you're hearing the grint station normany Beach on a serious business that is. Yeah, that's good. What makes you think it will? Your dad wrote some poems just read on that I can, Yeah, it did. I think. I think we just broke down a lot of barriers. I don't know what just happened that. I don't know what just happened on this show. But Greg Burgess and a sincere tone read poems written about your dad about patriotism on this show. I channeled, Uh, mister Wilburns. What I did? I was? I was? I was this kind to it? His son refused to I think he'll be pleased with that reading.
Speaker 5: There's the big question though, did Idler like him?
Speaker 1: Well, you know earlier he gave it my you know we're discussing now there because he's a he's an arts and musician type of guy, creative person. Everybody we've ever had here, he's like, yeah, yeah, you know, they got big, they're a little beneath me. But yeah, yeah, we'll have just outstanding singers like man, that was awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty good. Yeah, I guess if you're into that. He uh, he sent me four overnight. It was Normandy Beaches, step up to battle, my flag, my country, and then Liberty one.
Speaker 1: He seems so young, barely eighteen at best. Great, you've got it done.
Speaker 6: On a serious note, I uh, I walked in. Speedy was reading the poem during the break.
Speaker 1: Was reading it, so I was destroying it. I needed you to read it. But I'm glad you didn't. I walked in. I didn't know it was patriotic. I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't. I just heard the end of a poem. I didn't want your dad a poem. He and I go, that's weak. During the at it and then and then I found out what it was really So I really didn't you said this.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought there were no I thought they were very very good. I think it was the way he was reading it. I think it was the waste.
Speaker 6: And I wanted to and everybody loves being me to Speedy, So yeah, I think you just.
Speaker 3: Wanted to be hip and here and knock a hole in something.
Speaker 1: Auff.
Speaker 6: That is the cool thing to do here, by the way, that's that is the cool thing to do here.
Speaker 1: But being real, you know I love America, and I thought America and now you guys are I didn't know, No, I thought it was really gonna support the troops. Next, what a big step you're gonna take. I'm gonna ride my motorcycle around and ride my motorcycle around with an American flag on Monday. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 6: By the way, I'm really concerned about meeting this guy for the motorcycle. I said, hey, you want to meet in like a public place. He's like, I can, so I'll probably get mugged and died. List killers.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's time for the for the Burgess Bowling Championship and the only the only kid I'm missing is my oldest son because you know, he said he's back back with at school. So it's but I've got, you know, the oldest daughter home from Philadelphia, Sherry is now in the mix. A lot of times, the bowling challenges will break down to me against Big Love because his little brother hates bowling and doesn't want to be there. Before we move on to that, is Blake go in the White House this week? He is, yes, Yes, they reschedule that trip. They leave wednesday. Okay, cool, you're right. So so anyway, we we get there and now now Sherry's there, uh, and my daughter's there, Big Love, Taz and me. Do y'all have your own bowling balls? Or do y'all just oh no, no, no, I went off the rack, right, Yeah, because I've looked at that, Because you understand the only reason why we're bowling is because Big Love wants to be able to use this to take girls out for a date when we finally turn him loose on society. So he's determined to carry your own bowling ball. Now makes it not cool. You're only supposed to say, let's go with the bowl down in that like you don't even bowl much good when you get the right he says, if you have your own bowling ball, then that takes off the coolness factor. Yeah, but to me, it seemed like you could get a better feel from your ball and get the hole on drill, no question. But you have to I got big knuckles. Yeah, but that goes to your thing where you can't just recreationally do something. You have to become totally and I have to take lessons. I don't. I don't have that in my first night, and I'm perfectly good with being a mediocre bowl of the rest of the lot. So yeah, so we so we get there and I realized Big Love has now established this consistent game. Now he doesn't overwhelm you with with strike after strike, but he never misses completely. He's always picking up six, seven, eight nine pens and and you and you know, and and and you know. I'm one of these. I'm an all or nothing, Right, I go for the strike or my ball's bouncing over to other people's lane, right, you know what I mean, I'm going I want to knock the pants out the other end of the building, at which my wife she usually is with me. So is that a good strategy in bowl?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Because you what's terrible. I mean, you don't want to. You don't want to bouncing around a lot of energy. You want that spin. So the fall on top of it, r's got one speed. I'm trying to. I'm trying to. I'm trying to knock them like this all everywhere from.
Speaker 3: But did we find out for sure it is better if it hooks in.
Speaker 1: From the side I can gather. Yeah, I don't know. Well, why don't we break pool balls that one? Because right now, task is doing that spin but didn't know how he's doing it. And he keeps missing, and I said, you got to start your ball further over. You're you're you're hooking to the left every time. So Sherry gets up there very first time she had bowl with us uh in probably a year. First time she struck first time down and she looks around and she starts doing a little dance out there with her and I said, okay, oh, okay, so that is how we're gonna play, because you know, Big Papa is last. So so everybody goes through and you know, of course, you know, Big Love does his famous you know not down about eight and then and then you know, and then my daughter who's from college, she's trying to do it too perfect. So her ball's everywhere, but it looks great. You know what she should have done. She should have acted like a pro bowler. Yeah, yeah, it was. But so now now we've turned into the trash talking family so much that now the whole bowl now he is beginning to kind of be interested in what's going on because I'm moon walking. You know, if I hit one, I'll do the frontward moon walk. And and then and then we're and then there's controversy that Big Love's over the line, you know, and he's saying I didn't go over the line. And now his little brother is getting angry, uh and uh and starting to get angry because we called Greg here at yeah missed one, so and that and so then you know, you got you know, the boys are using like eight ten pound balls arring and my daughter's using that, and of course I've got a fifteen you know what I mean, and and so so show wreck. First of all, Sherry declares, that'sus. You know, my wife used that word ridiculous. What have you got that ball for? That's ridiculous? Want you go get something else? And I said, honey, I should be using the fifteen sixteen rick. You did tear your arm up. Well, I back down from the sixteen to the fifteen when I had that, when I had the bicycle. I need to take up duck pinbow. And then she goes, then she goes, this, rick, you're supposed to roll the ball down. You're throwing it. Oh, you that when it hits hard boom, she said. She says, your bowling ball didn't even hit the about halfway down the lane. Well, I know, what that is. That's you don't want to bend your knee and get down. That's right, that's how I do tell you exactly right that your fingers getting stuck in the hole. So so, so now I realized that powder. I realized that Sherry's inconsistent because she hadn't played in the wall. My daughter's inconsistent. She hadn't played the wall. And Big Love is consistently walking away with it. I mean, he's walking away. And I said, I gotta do something. I'm our only hope. And so then I said to sher, she says, you gonna have to get lower. Just you're talking about you, You're you're throwing it. So then I got up there and I and I took it and I got down on a knee. I got on my knee and rolled it from my knee boom and striped. And so I'm like, oh, what's on that moon walk? Back? And so and so so, and I did the backward moonwalk, but here he said, quitch sticking your rear in like that. You you were stuck out too far. So I did the frontward you know, do like that. And now we're all dancing. So I'm now I'm coming back. And now I'm getting in Big Love's head. And I have this signal I do to him when he'll like, uh nearly gutter one or pick up one or two, you know, something like that. As I do this, and that's me, tell you you opening door? Here I come. I said, hey, here, I come, you opening the door? How is he? He's twelve so so so so look so look, so we get that. It's me and Big Glove. Everybody else is falling away. Okay, how many frames left for it? This is it? This is the final frame. He's finished. He's finished at ninety nine. I'm at ninety. We are lighting it up. We're lighting it up. So so I'm at ninety and I'm like, I'm like, well, I got this. I got this. So I get up there and I said, I wanted to come down to the last throw and I go are the first one? And I said, and I said, I said, that's fine, I said, I said, I said, that's what I'm gonna do right now. I'm not ten down. I'm gonna have toe. I'm gonna pick up all ten right here. Did you throw it in the gutter? Old purpose, Yeah? I did. I was goofing off, and I said, We're gonna come down, because I said, I beat you too easy in two throws, I said, I said we're gonna come down. I said, I'm gonna win it right here, and then I do it in the gutter. You were trying, And I told him right about watching right here. I said, because this is what this is what coming through is all about, and like that and and so so so so when it it goes in the gutter. And I walked by my wife, I said, what he come back? But you know what, I was happy for my son. Really he won. He was consistent. What was his score? Ninety nine? I almost nine that you were not. I was the last one to tell too goutter balls.
Speaker 7: I tell you what all you do is pick up nine pins? Rick Well, I say, right shut is wrong with you? It was hot dog a little bit. Rick got away from it. I got away from I said, I wanted to be the last shot.
Speaker 1: And it was at the house we used to live in.
Speaker 3: We had a swimming pool. Okay, we never had one before we moved to that house. And I'd heard all the horror stories. We really had a great time. It was the upkeep was not that bad.
Speaker 1: They've come a long way. The kids could.
Speaker 3: Not swim, which I just demanded they learn how to get Betty could not swim, and I wanted her to learn.
Speaker 1: And you know, they took to the water. They all did good.
Speaker 3: They all can swim. And then we ended up moving with you second thought. But we we ended up moving and we didn't have a swimming pool.
Speaker 1: So I told Betty, I said, look what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna save up some money. We'll build a swimming pool.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, so you know, we go several years and it's you know, the saving process is a little longer than I want it to be. And so we got the first of this year and we said, okay, well let's let's go ahead.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a pool.
Speaker 3: And we we put off starting it a little later than we probably should have our own choice.
Speaker 1: But as it worked out, well, I can't talk joked up about it. If you think you choked up.
Speaker 3: Now, I think my blood sugars love. Uh get me something.
Speaker 1: Cut down the piece of Gregs cap that stuffs.
Speaker 3: Good after the weekend when it drives out just a little bit and gets this. But anyway, uh so so we start the pool building process, and you know, there's all you got to oh my goodness, all the plans.
Speaker 1: You know, we've talked about it, and you know you've got liners and fiberglass and concrete and you know, I just don't know.
Speaker 3: And we go through all this, so we finally get it whittled down. We're ready to go. Got some guys working.
Speaker 1: On it really like and right now, and and uh, it's still. We're good. Good, We're good. We're good.
Speaker 3: Don't guys, don't jig me, don't joke me. Everything is good. Everybody. Nobody moved nobody. It's kind of like you're walking through the woods. You hear rat Nobody moved nobody.
Speaker 1: I still I still like the guy I started with. It just just can't do the job. So it's not like work.
Speaker 3: So this is funny that the pool company they give me a price. I said, look this, this will do it. You know, we'll do this, fix it back like this. The only thing that would cost you more is if we hit rock And I said, well, you know, I know that.
Speaker 1: It's right on the mountain. It's rocky around here.
Speaker 3: But the guy built the house told me that when they blasted extra, and you know it was it's field dirt right here, and then there's a good, good hard layer under the field dirt and be perfect. That's perfect, perfect. So this is funny. This is how it went.
Speaker 1: You get the back hole out there.
Speaker 3: Now you've had to you know, permits, oh, permits, permits everywhere before and then you parking truck on the road and get a nasty note. But anyway, I won't go into that. So you do that, and you you got the back hole back there, and it goes in and it gets like one scoop of dirt and it sets it over here. The very next scoop, it goes.
Speaker 1: All the way, all the way, and I'm like and I'm like, hey, what was that. I think we've hit rocks more than six inches again, rick, it's such a it's such a marble sound. Then teeth of that back hole this dragged in the buckets empty, so it makes that rattle across it and and it's it's like fingers on a chalkboard with hydraulics involved, you know what I mean. It's just I tell you what it is. It's fingers in your bank accounts. What it is. So then uh, you have to bring in the thing that breaks the rock up. This ain't it. This ain't the thing a guy hole. This is a back hole. This is a back hole with a its own thing on it. Not quite that quick.
Speaker 3: Uh No, you were kind of woodpecker there.
Speaker 1: It's a little more. It's a little tink tink tink, tink tink tink. You know what it knows. It's on rock. You know, it transfers all up and down the neighborhood and whatever you do. Don't go out there and ask how much that things running down? Yeah, I said, for every tick? What's that called? Yeah, it's like, is it a quarter of pop? What is it?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: All the time I hits that rock? How much is that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So you know, really, what should have taken one day hole to dig ends up taking a week, you know. And you know, at one point in your sleep you wake up at night going.
Speaker 1: Shaking.
Speaker 3: And I told I told Robin, I said, I think I got a feeling loose from that track track.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the whole house. So uh I got answer, Boba, did you not think about an above ground or four foot of fun? You could always went that built a deck around it.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, here's the thing when we're choosing the pool, because the guy who built the house told me, he said, oh yeah, we got we're eight f eight ft. Sure, so we got the pool that was eight foot on one end. I thought, well, that'll fit perffect. Probably won't have to do a lot of digging it all. I'll probably get half of it. Show what we're gonna Yeah, that will save some money.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was step one and that one and you sp you end up I need to scrape. Listen, you end up walking through the house because you're welcome your stream. I hadn't got to do the robot. I was about to say, let me hear it, scrape one more time. On step one.
Speaker 4: That was that.
Speaker 1: I think I think we hit rock. I tell you what, We're gonna be fine. We don't hit rock us. I think we hit rock. When we come out of here, let's discuss landscaping. Where's it out?
Speaker 3: Seriously, I'm encouraging my kids to go into landscaping.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because the doctors aren't gonna have jobs anymore.
Speaker 2: We'll be back ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 1: You know here. The thing you have to worry about is and there was a gunners wal treaty that came into play because the the the the practical jokes became to the point, I mean, they got to the point they were so overwhelming no one could enjoy their day for fear of repercussion. I feel that we're inching that way again, not on practical jokes, but on thumping and pinching. Pinchon is gonna stop? What thumping and pinching tie that pension? And the number one and the number one person was guilty of it the most is Calvin Speedy Wilburn. And I'm gonna tell you what, Frankly, I told you yesterday. I had enough of it. And uh, you realize it leaves bruises on you. Yeah, yeah, that you gonna bury my footing, you thumping people, you pinching people, and it's just like it's uncontrollable to you, like you can't stop now. I would like to ask the staff after experiencing yesterday and my retaliation, because because one of the things that I that you know, bubb and I have always been proposed to this and we've tried to teach her our country this, but they won't listen that when people come after you, you have to break their will to want to do it. Okay, well I'm aware of that. And so yesterday Speedy pinch me, thump me, I hate did come did a little something, you know, and did another little fly by. And I said to him, I said, just and I'm writing them down. I said, just just just so you'll know that before this day is over, I'm going to retaliate and it's gonna be severe. So we in the staff minuting yesterday and I got up and open hands, slap speed in the back of the hand.
Speaker 5: I heard a swap right right, right, I mean I think I blacked out for one second. Right most most kids under the age of eighteen would have cried right, he.
Speaker 1: Had a handprint on it. I would have come close, all right. So at that point they beat Rick Trump. Then after that the debate, the debate comes all right, is speeding Rick even? And then Speedy starts this ridiculous case. Well, I'm just coming at you light. I mean, you come at me with that pinch is not light. The question is you saw my retaliation? Hem's said your head was to hold him one after. I did not see the retaliation. I heard the after you heard it, Greg, you saw it. I saw the whole thing, Hams. You saw it. Oh yeah, I was living vicariously through you, Speed Speedy. It was the hard I thought I was here. Yes, Speedy Speedy thumped me once and pinched me twice. Do you think that went beyond what he did? Or did it even it up? Because he just because he just thumped me again? It was right, But it's not hard now if he just I'm just thumping y'all, you owe him one. That's what I'm saying. I owe you one back, not now.
Speaker 3: Well now, Rick, No, Rick, I think we have to be fair. Years ago, I was being attacked. I retaliated, and you told us to quit acting like children in here.
Speaker 1: You just shut the show down. By Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just I just saw what should be fair with all of our diagnosis behavior, that common measuring.
Speaker 1: Stick, right, the uh turn the lights off. That's all going on again and our children mine we're in the conference room, dining in front of the audience. But uh, but what I'm saying, if we're going to if if, but I mean, somehow Speedy must be stopped from pinching.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize he was doing it to you, Ricky. This has been something between me, Greg and Speedy for quite some time. I didn't realize you were.
Speaker 1: I'll just walk by and give him a little three keep stuff like going. But I tell you what, I'm gonna get a pair of flyers. I'm gonna pinch you with them flyers. Right. No, I've told Speedy for years. He keeps getting me that.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm going to uncontrollably have a reflex and I'm gonna knock your lots out and you're gonna be mad.
Speaker 1: And it ain't gonna be my said this bottle reaction.
Speaker 4: My favorite line yesterday was and you said, now that's good, but you're gonna regret it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he writes it down. See mine is like you say, there were the off the spine is the worst. But really mine was methodical and planning all through the meeting. You know what I mean that looking at his bottle. Here's what you don't understand. It ain't just this thumpings, pinching and these other things he does. I ain't gonna talk about. He's real good at him little and we all did that as boy right sure to the children. Think you know he's the best day, Yeah, I mean, I mean, I can't spank an adult man. All I do is slap in the back of the head, you know, yesterday and pretty much I'm trying to stop it because I fear of where it's gonna go. It is this uncontrollable for you? Well, you know, just off as fun and I'm not the only one. It's all of us for here. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I will say I'll probably do it the most if you if.
Speaker 3: You stretch your yawn, you can you can pretty much count on the finger running up your arm pit.
Speaker 1: But what That's what I'm talking about. I want to ask you this question. Do you want to be doing it? I mean, can you keep from doing it? I have to work on that. No, he can't stop it. I can't stop it because we all hate it. He'll do it to me like, but y'all love it. We'll all boats and he'll do it. But you see the joy that he came came over you yesterday because I was afraid, frankly, i'd given you brain damn it. I hit him that hard.
Speaker 4: You just had a ring?
Speaker 1: Did you get him left handed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was something. It was tough. I felt a ring now you yeah, you left it was the ring. I felt sounded like a beaver hitting his tail of water a lot. If you've ever been frog gigging in your life, have you heard that beaver hit his bruised I don't know.
Speaker 5: I hadn't looked, but uh, but it was funny because it was when you get hit hard, it's like you didn't know what happened.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll just do a little friendly thump, right. But it goes back though to what the thing that we said, Well, you must break break someone's desire? Why owed you one that was so hard that I owed you once? And now we're even and I'll stop. I'll stop everybody because that it. I'll stop. I won't tell you that. God let's keep it up and I have to fight through it. But for a split second when you pinch me, if I had a gun, i'd shoot you, just for a split second. It's that bad.
Speaker 3: You can't you can't contral feel bad because you don't have time to for logic to go.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't do that, right, I would, I would blow a hole. Well, I will say the pinch that came your way right there, he was wanting. He's doing it too. Are you part of this? Are you making speedy, go do it. I'm agging it on and then I'm doing it myself. Rick. I know you don't like to do it, but if you've come to ourn in the hall lately, it's just constantly right. That's something right. I just I just want to make because I don't we're even right now? Would you not agree? Greg and I, I mean Rick and I we're not even close. Yeah, we are of nine inch climbs, and I'm gonna lay it on you. All right, here's what we will do? What cost nine inch't sound good?
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 1: I would just say, just like climbs, just like we talked about thatttle line. Yeah is yesterday I had a controlled, very private retaliation, but I fear that that's not always going to take place. But when you got everybody going and before you know it, people falling into quip. Just make sure I'm not armed when you pinch man, then you'll be fine because it it's real quick and I want to kill you, just real quick. I understand.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 5: I know the pain I felt that when Rick hit me yesterday is that sudden spineal reaction type thing.
Speaker 1: Sting so bad it does it reminds me like if you when when when we played football, someone knocking your clock off did not hurt as bad as somebody's face mask going down your spine. Little burn and it just on your shin, Yeah, just burn and and at that point you would takebody's life. Yeah, but we all know Greg's a candy and I was just going by. I'm messing with him. But I want you to know yesterday you saw my response, you saw my I'm gonna stop that. You would you agree messing with you? I promise you don't? You and I are even right. I'm fine with it, okay, but I can't be to look at me. I need to know. Yes, I'm done. Okay, I'm done. There's nothing worse than what I did yesterday. But I will do that again if I keep going, if you keep but I've hired Ric to get my git. But matter of fact, I'm now, I'm now, and I even would you not agree? Baba? No? When's the last time he got Where's the last time he got you? He tried to get me this morning? Did not he got me before this segment? Let's make for that sect. He'll rate you around and give you a toy there too. He'll put there. Here's what I'm gonna say. Here's what I'm gonna say. I now represent older you. By the way, let me tell you this. You know who I'm gonna be. Man put out a twister warning they went in here at all time. Listen, I gotta go it. It was good. We saw a hook echo. I'm now gonna be for this show what Aaron Brockovich was to those people that were poison and I'm representing all people with a gripe, and I'm gonna be the enforcer of stopping you there.
Speaker 8: You're like the hit man over here. Yes, I represent force people. No, Hemsey's excluded. Hamsey's is just as guilty as I am. Yeah, they both got me before this break, both of them. So all Ham's one probably. So if I would have had a gun, you'd heard two shots.
Speaker 1: I know Greg. I know Greg can't take up for himself. So will you take care of little brother Rick? No, I didn't ask him to take up Rick. Take care of little brother. I'm gonna be the force that was stopping I'm a cloud rolling in James SPAN's warning about me, Greg, we understand that you are missing a dog that you attempted to name something, baby girl. Well, I have to we didn't have a real name for it. That just stuck said whatever. A bunch of puppies weren't gonna keep them all right, You got rid of cam Newton, Cam Newton, he went to the host bitter. Let me let me ask you, because just there's moments I have to check him and you just be sure I got it right. Yeah, please, because at one time you were the hard working pole climbing uh man's man. But I got answer to this. And then the the other week you you left a deer hunting expedition to go home to care for your chi wabo's, your nay track infection. Well you are telling pretty much. Yeah, no, not really, no, no, not not much in my mind. Let me and then let me see if I have this right. Yesterday, of course, and the gripping wintery mix that gripped Alabama yesterday and many other places you were would be found late afternoon in the early evening walking through the community of Pleasant Valley, screaming, baby girl, a lot of whistling, a lot of Well, I went over on the hunting lamb because that's where they were last scene headed. Did you take your rifle why I can't kill nothing. You can't predators anyway, And it was sleeping, but I like walking the hunting land. But no, I was just trying to find a dog, y'all. Look right, here's of the like that. I liked dogs until we got Remember we got out of the dogs for.
Speaker 3: A one so the whole let me let me go back to this. We were we were in the midst of a of an ice storm.
Speaker 1: We had people being killed on the highways, sleeping everywhere, and you had to go out and walk around and look for your puff. You No, Betty asked me a question last night that I really never did get a good I didn't even think about you lost the dog while you're washing your car. But today you were washing your car, hadn't it wasn't it cold or what? I had to turn the car in. It was oh, oh, I forgot. I had to turn the car and we forgot. I forgot. You're the only person on the show that still has a car. Picked one up yesterday. The guys Sarah taking care of me. Now what a place to baby girl? Daddy had to clean the cars where you need to go. But I don't understand why a dog that that is really you heard about their trade in value? Anybody great, Greg, you're gonna keep the car. They're glad you washed it. In the middle of.
Speaker 3: Here's I started saying, you the one brought that ice store on by, get out washing your car?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Look, can't I like the dog? God? Okay? And and it is kind of my fault that she's missing. I'll give you. Is it your fault? A dog? He was dog? No? No, here's the thing I don't understand. Here's a man's little that loved his dog enough to say. I don't want to leave her in the garage. I want to her come here in the yard with me while I wash this. He can wash me, watch me. Here's why I did lasa bring her up? Huh No, here's what happened. She's little, Well, she's young. She ain't that little. She's gonna three months old. She's about three months old. So you and dog years, Greg, Well you let her in and out, that means three months because Popaul, the other dog I have outside. Papaul, Yeah, he's the daddy. Actually, Poppa's old and he just comes and goes. He wants to. Well, she's bad to follow Papa, and I knew that. So I was like, daddy, yeah, so and he'll just go off and be gone for days. You just never know where he's So anyway, I was washing car. I knew she would fallow. Anyway, I went paying attention, and evidently Pop went off. She went with him. Pop comes on back bad afternoon. But now I don't know where. It's not a good daddy, But I don't know. She may have took up at a house. If you live in Taylor's ben Covet and Ridge close to me, if you just holler, if you get her, she's tan got a black snap. Now if you're in Alaska, that neighborhood. Now she doesn't. I'm not going to have a she doesn't have a collar on, right, No, I mean I'm not big collars for dogs. You put a chip in it bothers them. You put a chip in her underneath the skin. Hey, it bothers them. Yeah, I don't. I'll put a fleet collar on that help. Well, Now that's I love that. Yeah, I started saying, that's totally different. I had one. You put the collar on, it would just collapse. He couldn't move. But anyway, so get up when I get hungry, I walked out in the that look. I like walking to the hunting anyway, but I needed to look baby gap, I give that whistle, said she'd come to the whistle, but un doubted not. I think somebody's feeding heror something maybe got her. Well, Greg, you, why don't you go into this mode? And because there's modes, you go in this because you know when you're kids and this will happen. Here's the mode you have to go into. Oh, I know, baby girls had a better home. They're feeding her. She's just having time for life and and she's absolutely fine, and she's not gonna be here with us anymore, but she's somewhere else having a great time. To tell yourself that she's in a great family. The number of times my parents told us that, when when really we found out later in life that our dog had been, you know, violently killed by a cass Still, I still have hopes that Papa will go make his rounds and he'll come across her and she'll see you this time and follow him home. Did you just say, Paul, Paul will go make his rounds. Yeah, Papa, that's that's the daddy dog. Yes, Papa. So so one he's got a wonder. Yeah, he's got a eye that it quite right. He's got one, is right? Yeah right, And don't forget now the mother dog that I love too, she disappeared too. There's either going up. Listen, what is going on at your house? There's something not right? I know. Listen. Most of us have dogs, we having their whole life every now and then. You might have you have something all the time. Well, when you had eight dogs at one time, you have a lot of stuff. But I narrowed it to three and two of the no four counting the inside dogs, the three outside dogs. Two of the three have gone devoted to dogs to Gregg's life in this show. And two the outside dogs aren't even yours. Yeah, well they took up so I kept them. But see the mother dog obviously not the mother dog. She's just roams and you know, she's just survivor. So I didn't worry about her when she would be gone to three days. But she's been going like a month, so I don't know unless she was an adult. I keep hearing this old guy down the road picks up straight dogs and then finds homes for him. But now if he did that with this one. It was a little quick. He picks up a little quick. Yeah, I did. It wasn't home yesterday. I went around the back and his pins were empty until you walked around his Yeah, in camouflage, I don't make nobody nervous. Why why were you wearing camera flow dis because it's warm. I think that guy's got her and he's already giving it to another somebody somebody, And have you gone up and checked it the bare knuckle boxing, They may have it only strong surviving. That's right now. It's still one of my favorite. Well, I can I put the effort. I mean I tried, I walked. What did Lisa say about that? Don't talk about hold over real quick? You're washing the cars? Been washing the dog? Okay, I watch you're supposed to be washing car. Well now, I added that when I got outside, nobody knew I was washing the car. I was just outside with letting the dog play.
Speaker 5: Oh so you took the dog out to play with it then got distracted. Yeah, I thought, you know what, I need to hit that car real quick, and then and then and then you hung you. I don't think I didn't get this speech. Well, if I know he's gonna be doing something. I'd have come out there. You know, I got that right, So whatever right now?
Speaker 1: Now, So you put you solved all kinds of problems in hindsight, you put your you put the effort in there, just kind of like Rick did trying to get his boy's haircut yesterday. That lasted the same amount of time. Uh, and no dog. So you come back in, you're probably wet, you cold. What is the least to say to you? Did you find it? M I don't. I don't think we had much conversation about she didn't. Does that mean y'all are not speaking? No, it wasn't that. She just didn't have her hopes some body. Yeah, I mean she knew if i'd have found it out said found it. They're right on the edge of hey, baby, she's gone. I mean in a good way. I think she's with a good home and playing a little kid. They got a had steak for dinner. They got her a little quick though, I cause she wasn't going there there with earn marked dogs. You got those other two dogs a little quick, you know. I let them hang about a week. For the way that dog, those two dogs end up your house. She could end up as someboduse. So that's true. Yeah, I mean that that's the way it is happening, because everybody shares their dogs absolutely. What do you think, because you live there, what do you think? Hmm, I don't know. It's very perplexing. I think I think pap Paul Doghouse has got it. Well, yeah I thought that too, but uh, I don't know if he's hit her. Well, she ain't in his pen because I look why I was rummaging through his yard.
Speaker 3: I hate it for the dog, but I will tell you Greg been in the hand to launch me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I figured it's pretty cold last night. Su Yeah, oh yeah, not before it's real cold. Yeah, she's living at a place that has a finched in yard, right and uh, Bobby, little kid, it can't be very far from me. Yeah. Well you never know. Dogs all a long one, especially following o Papaul roughneck. Pap Baul is left her. We'll be right back stake a.
Speaker 2: Lesser ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is ricking Bubba's greatest tits Flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast. It's Ricking Bubba's greatest tits Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba,