Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby Bone.
Speaker 3: We just got off the air, so there are a lot of people on the phone still wanting to have their voices heard.
Speaker 1: So let's do that. Cindy in Richmond, Virginia, Hi, Cindy, what would you like to say?
Speaker 4: Oh, I just have a different take instead of leaving minus the money for the trash guy.
Speaker 1: H she got put back on hold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm actually doing right now. And I give it to recycling trash mailman, neighbors. And the recycling guy actually brings our current cannon to suit away for us to give him water during the summer.
Speaker 1: And so you cut out a little bit. So what are you doing for them? What are you giving them?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: I make fudge, sudge fudge.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's trifudge. And and so yeah, I give it to the well the recitement guy. There's two of them in the truck. I least two of them.
Speaker 3: Do our phone suck that bad ray where they just fall off the line and then it dropped and then it dropped completely.
Speaker 1: Give us you goes, Oh, well, I'm sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 7: It's a good to wave an it guy come by in about ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Geez uh fudge. So I think the idea. I think the idea is great, oh fudge. No.
Speaker 3: I don't like to eat food that I don't know the person they cooked it. Yeah, unless it's a restaurant. And even then I'm still like, I bet they spit in it. That'd be tough for me. But yes, excellent, I'm a weirdo. I'm sure they'll love it. Let's go over and talk to Brill in Oklahoma until the phone cuts them off.
Speaker 8: Brill, you're on, yes, sir, I was just wanting to touch based on the tipping the trash man, Yes, sir, I uh, well, when I regally called me and I agreed with lunch Box heavily. But I don't know. I've I've kind of thought about it a little bit as a fit here. And I'm a dad of three little girls. I'm a blue collar man, and uh you know, I've I've worked hurricanes and stuff like that, and I've seen I've seen ground zero and stuff like that, and America is kind of shaken that it's cooler.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: Uh, I think there's a time when when you need to help out you need to tip. And and I think now it is one of those times, you know, if if you see a situation where you know someone could use.
Speaker 1: It, Oh, we lost them.
Speaker 3: It's like we're in prison and the phone cuts off with like at a time you can't talk to.
Speaker 1: What he's he's back, look, go ahead, Brian, Okay.
Speaker 8: I was just calling out. I agree with you, lunchbox and in a sense, but I also agree with Bobby in a sense. You know, Uh, America's America's it's tough right now in a lot of situations no matter how you look at it. And so uh, and it's if you know a situation where you know you think you need the tip, I think it's good to tip. But also at the same time, I think there's overtime hours and stuff like that. Yeah, for situations where it takes more than a day or more than a set hours to get the achievable job done.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Because this guy's blue collar, like I am.
Speaker 1: You're not blue collar. Nothing about you.
Speaker 9: What's his name? Me and him are the same, you know.
Speaker 10: And so you say you've been on ground zero like tornadoes and hurricanes and things like that, do people tip you when you go do that.
Speaker 1: They probably what if they were like, hey.
Speaker 5: We'd like to tip.
Speaker 8: That's one thing, you know, I've never got a tip to show up with a cooler eyes, chest full of waters or try to give you o case a thirty pack of beers or something like that. But no, I'm definitely not getting tipped.
Speaker 9: Yep, I'll see.
Speaker 11: I mean, well, I do agree.
Speaker 8: With you in a lot of in a lot of way.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's well, what I don't agree with is that the guy's not saying you have to tip me.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure a lot of people are reaching out going how do we get a hold of you? Two tip you? So you put this thing there.
Speaker 10: Okay, So now from now for the rest of the year and the description of the podcast, can we please put you can tip lunch.
Speaker 3: Say that on the show? Please send me my Amazon gift gift list.
Speaker 9: Yeah I do.
Speaker 1: That's you doing that.
Speaker 10: But I'm saying, like now that I need this guy puts it on every trash can. So I want on everybody that downloads this podcast and know that they can tip me via Venmo.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, delete that. Don't put a Venmo up on this? What go over that?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right? Thank you, Brian. I have a good day and it's messed up man.
Speaker 8: Yep, you guys too, all right.
Speaker 1: See buddy, how are you okay with the guards? This is Ben Ben.
Speaker 3: You're on the air, buddy, guys, Ben in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Hi, Ben, Hi, how are you doing pretty good? What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: Oh? I was just calling in on the whole trash situation and tip from the trash guys recycle guys.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 5: I work a rural country area in western Colorado. Up around and tell your age, you know, and I leave Christmas cards. I got fifteen hundred customers a week that I leave Christmas cards for personal, you know. And we don't expect a tip, but it's always nice to see it when we do get it.
Speaker 1: So I think that's exactly.
Speaker 5: Appreciated, exactly, you know. And I know some of them do leave the envelope tips. I personally just leave the personal's card and if they so choose to leave me a tip.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: And we lost him.
Speaker 3: I wish we would tip our company to get our phone fix.
Speaker 1: This has been happened for a long time. Guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's go over and let's do pat in Colorado. What are two more calls and we'll move on. Pat, you're on the air, Pat, Yeah, yes, their.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I actually drive a trash truck. I'm actually currently on route. I was saying to Abby, my biggest day of the week is eleven hundred stops and it's I've got to go to the landfill and then come back and finish the day.
Speaker 1: What's an average day?
Speaker 11: Average days? About six seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred business day exactly.
Speaker 6: And you guys didn't avery far.
Speaker 1: We high five like we can't stop high five in each other.
Speaker 7: Wow wow?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: Pat?
Speaker 1: And then do people tip you during the holiday?
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, but like with my company, we're not allowed to ask specifically for kIPS. We can leave out Christmas cards, but we can't put our name and address on them.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: A happy holidays and merry Christmas. And if people tip us, they do. If they don't, they don't.
Speaker 1: You know, a flexbox is attrash Man.
Speaker 3: He'd be putting on everybody's how much like July he'd be doing on Yes, Morgan.
Speaker 9: Can can you tell me how much you normally get tipped?
Speaker 1: Like in one of them great question?
Speaker 11: It's about twenty bucks ten twenty bucks.
Speaker 10: Okay, and how much do you end up getting like you rack up over the holiday season.
Speaker 11: It really depends on the route in the area. We've got one route a guy makes about five thousand. With me, it's about a thousand.
Speaker 9: Do you see this?
Speaker 12: Guys, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Great, nobody's being a great by this end of your bonus, and.
Speaker 6: One of them's in the good part of town though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, Pat, I appreciate that. Call me hope you have a great day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, it's an also normal cash it's spread out between cashier and gift cards, between like Starbucks and restaurant gift cards.
Speaker 1: Not pretty good unless you just didn't want to go to Cheddar's right question, Pat, Thank you, buddy, have a great day.
Speaker 11: YouTube Bobby.
Speaker 3: See Jessica and Texas is on. We'll get off that and see what jess gas to say. Hey Jessica, hie, Hey what's going on? You're on the show.
Speaker 13: Hey, just had a couple of questions and just some advice say for me right, if.
Speaker 5: That's possible, Yes, go ahead, trying to make it quick.
Speaker 13: I know she took you, didn't how much time as it is is I have I'm forty fish now. And I've always told a long time job for my family, never been fired in my life. And I found this job. I left another one to go to this one because it was like the dream job, like I've wanted it in my entire life. My office family pat this boss was very well known everywhere in this state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Oh and I had done like business cards and I you know, hated out hundreds of them already and had family members moved to this company. And I thought I was doing great, had my review the middle of November. Oh, you're doing a great job. You're where you're supposed to be, You're learning the system and everything is great. Worked my butt off, do my job.
Speaker 5: Five o five.
Speaker 13: End of the day last week. He walks in and I'm telling him everything I did for today. I had to smile on my face. This is what I've done, you know a lot of a lot of things. And he interrupted me and said, I'm letting you go no reason, get a paper, and had three sipulations that I do not, of course give him that publicity because he is very public as I was with him, very public in pictures and everywhere. So now the embarrassment is me having to walk out in public is pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 5: What I have to say.
Speaker 13: I don't work there anymore. So I haven't exactly told people I was fired because it wasn't because he said I'll give you a thousand dollars? Did he resign or I can go in terminate you as for a reason.
Speaker 5: We're in at will state.
Speaker 13: No reason.
Speaker 5: You don't fit in.
Speaker 13: You don't fit in with our family. And there's about fifteen of them who worked there. You just don't fit in. Some letting you go. So December first, right at Christmas, leg goes on the job that I know I didn't mess up long because I had my review everything.
Speaker 3: Oh God, cut off this look luck luck like maybe should hear this back? Because we lost her on the phone. I wonder what the reason is. There's always in Yeah, but there's always a reason.
Speaker 9: He literally said, you don't fit in.
Speaker 1: I hear you. But there's always a reason.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying it's her. It's something that she's doing. But either there's toxicity around you, or you're toxic, or the mix isn't good. Maybe you don't really, So there is no such thing as no reason pardon the double negative.
Speaker 1: It was gonna It sucks. It was near Christmas. It sucks. She got fired.
Speaker 3: Can't change that. No one is gonna look at you and go I saw her in a picture with that boss ooh shame. Don't be embarrassed. People quit, lose jobs, move on all the time. Not a single person's gonna go. You're not working there anymore. I feel different about you. That is not gonna happen. I feel like it is because we are so wrapped up in ourselves that we think everybody is looking at us all the time.
Speaker 1: Either or not.
Speaker 3: You mess up big, You're like God, it's so embarrassing. People always gonna remember. Nobody's remembered a dang thing and generally and so don't worry about that either. But what you can't affect is everything going forward. Yep, that's all you can affect. You can have, you can harbor emotions, you can be resentful, you can be angry, but you can't let that take over so much that it affects everything going forward, or you're just going to stay in the hole longer.
Speaker 1: Your goal is to get out of the hole. Your goal is to get back on your feet.
Speaker 3: Your goal is to start making calls and connections, not even just to get a job immediately, although you need one, but it's to let people know, hey, you're willing and you're available, and you can only affect today.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: So, and maybe you do like a post mortem, try to figure out exactly what happened. It could have been a toxic place where everybody hated your guts because it's something that they do, something that you do. I don't know, dynamics are different, but it just it was not for no reason. I've never seen anybody get fired for no reason unless it's a budget issue, and that's still a reason.
Speaker 12: But if you're saying not that this is a valid reason, but if you're saying you don't fit in, that's sort of whatever reason, that's his reason.
Speaker 1: Sure, But she's saying there's no reason. That's a reason.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying that could be a toxic culture in the office and she doesn't fit that, or she's toxic with the rest of the culture.
Speaker 12: To me, because it wasn't laid out in a clear way why you're being let go, it doesn't seem like it is a very in my opinion, healthy environment, and you should just move forward. Like Bobby was saying, I think the best thing you can do is go show up and do an amazing job somewhere else, and who knows, maybe they'll regret letting you go.
Speaker 3: It would have been nice if they were just waited till January to fire though. Yeah the time, I didn't want to pay it for time off for vacation all day, So that sucks.
Speaker 1: It's a sucky situation for sure.
Speaker 3: I would sometimes we're not aware of what everybody else is aware of. I would try to find out what was really happening, even from somebody else that was working there.
Speaker 1: So it's tough to hear because sometimes it's your.
Speaker 12: Fault, I guess potentially, So yeah, you don't you don't take that into the next place.
Speaker 9: Have you ever got fired?
Speaker 1: I'm not answering that because I don't want to jinx it.
Speaker 9: What I got laid off one time, man, But let not fire O the same thing. Man. It's not How is it different? You don't have a job, right.
Speaker 6: But they're saying that's your fault.
Speaker 3: But it's different because if a company goes out of business, well you don't have a job, But that's different.
Speaker 6: Got it? You didn't do anything to deserve that.
Speaker 1: Company went under. So there are different reasons you don't have a.
Speaker 6: Job, you're layoffs, but yeah, but if you get fired you did something.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they hire people back that were laid off because of whatever they couldn't do with the financials, like, oh, we now have bounced back, we can hire people back that happened on this company.
Speaker 9: So you're telling me I got laid off because I was too good.
Speaker 3: Sure, I don't want to jinx it, so I will refuse to answer, but you can get your answer from that.
Speaker 1: Got it? Why?
Speaker 6: I just wonder what that's like. I've never gotten fired. I've been laid off, but never you're out of here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I guess I was laid off, although I've never actually been laid off. Eddie and I worked at a local TV station together, and one day I was about to go into work and he was like, hey, you don't need to go in anymore. I was like, why he goes They they cut everybody, shut the doors, and I was like, what about me? He's like, I don't know, how are you going to work it? They're not even open anymore. Nobody haven't been fired.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so technically he probably still works there.
Speaker 3: Jumping checks every two weeks, so I guess that's a thing I stopped going.
Speaker 6: It's a weird feeling, you know, when you get told like all right, your job's done. You really start thinking like, okay, well what do I do? And especially on a Friday, I can't do anything today or holiday.
Speaker 3: I can't do anything for two weeks, right when you got to buy gifts or get places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sucks. I'm sorry about that hanging there.
Speaker 3: I mean, weaker people have gotten through tougher things and come out really, really good. So we got faith in you hanging there. All right, let's do a little mid role here.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby the Bones.
Speaker 1: You hit him with that intro again after the mideral, What are you guys doing? Why everybody it's being weird?
Speaker 9: You forgot about the mid row.
Speaker 3: Well, we did a mineral like which is the commercial? We came back and the y hit us with the intro again. Scared the crap out of me, and then more again and Eddie are like yelling at each other.
Speaker 9: No tell I know you needed to record.
Speaker 7: Sonic was coming in, but I was trying not to.
Speaker 1: Sonic is coming in work, but we're rolling right now. Hi, guys, come on.
Speaker 6: In recording now.
Speaker 1: But what's it? What are you already recording?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't recording, so what so what is this? Really?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 1: So do they manny on them?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Perfect?
Speaker 6: You don't like mayonnaise?
Speaker 1: Man, I hate mayonnaise and I hate onions.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 10: Those corn dogs they lasted in my house for a week. I gave my kids for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean you mean you passed out?
Speaker 12: We went and bought somemer.
Speaker 9: You took the leftover, the left over from here. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: He didn't want any Well, I don't worry.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 9: I'd like jelly roll and I took him home.
Speaker 1: I loved him for breakfast.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I like mayonnaise, mayonnaise, I hate onions.
Speaker 1: I was on Thank You.
Speaker 3: I did a podcast with Craig Kilbourn last night, and I was talking about Craig.
Speaker 1: Yeah really, yeah, that's cool. Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 3: How I was talking about I don't I don't do mayonnaise or onions on anything.
Speaker 1: I do mustard on everything.
Speaker 7: Okay, follow that, follow.
Speaker 9: Li made sonic of merch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, duh, what is it?
Speaker 12: Sonic swag shop?
Speaker 1: Is that really? What's called? And so these what's the deal with these?
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had one hundred of these, but like, is there something happening right now with these?
Speaker 1: Ary January February? What's it? What is the deal with them?
Speaker 5: Hold?
Speaker 9: How much? That's pretty good?
Speaker 6: Dollar that's pretty good when you have kids, A stop like that is awesome. Dollar nine am burgers, let's go, everyone's eating.
Speaker 1: There's a sonic.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if it's not dollar nine nine?
Speaker 1: Can you get more than work?
Speaker 7: Right there?
Speaker 3: That's all rightist, okay, we give I want talk about for a second.
Speaker 7: Last thing?
Speaker 9: So what.
Speaker 13: Check? Check?
Speaker 7: You hear me a pickle.
Speaker 1: Question for him?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: Where I come from? There's a sonic I'm from Arkansas.
Speaker 7: M mm hmm.
Speaker 1: There's a sonic with a huge ditch and people always fall into the ditch. Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 7: I think I've seen it on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fix the ditch, you Paul.
Speaker 7: You don't know whose it is? So I can, I can? I can make a phone.
Speaker 1: Calls to Sonic ditch.
Speaker 3: It's like in Benton because I lived in Hot Springs and we go through Benton to get the little rock and you turn into Sonic and there's a huge hole in the ground. And it's become almost like a thing on social media where when someone falls intobody takes a picture of it.
Speaker 10: Pictures Highway five Sonic Ditch, Benton, Arkansas, Infamous Benton, what is it? Infamous Benton Ditch prompts fan page. They have now a fan page of the ditch, and.
Speaker 1: I guess I wouldn't fill the ditch. There's a fan page in there before trucks sitting in there. So we had a whole deal on our show. Oh, by the way, will you tell our listeners what your role is at Sonic.
Speaker 7: I'm a local franchise here in Nashville, got thirty two stores throughout Nashville and northern Alabama.
Speaker 3: Did you hear that Chichin when he was talking. He's so rich when he talks chine today. So we were talking here on the show. We're doing a thing. We bought a big palette of goods. All that stuff was returned from Amazon. You don't know what's in it. We bought it and then we went through it to see what it is. Now we're going to sell it back individually and try to make money, and Lunchbock goes, why don't we go have a yard sell it to Sonic And I'm like, no, Sonic wants us to go and shut down the whole side of their their restaurant, all of the drive ins for a bunch of garbage that we're selling one offs. And he's like, they would do it, and I'm like, I don't want to do it because when Sony have drive around, it's not like you can drive in.
Speaker 1: There's no drive in and back out.
Speaker 3: Well, if someone to say it's not us this, somebody came out. So we went into a yard selling your sonic.
Speaker 7: What would you say a yard selling my sonic? We have done some fundraisers.
Speaker 1: Oh this is not fundraiser. This is a very selfish thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're not a profit raiser.
Speaker 10: But just hear me out, like as a businessman. On a Saturday morning, we're there at seven am. We take up half the parking lot. The other half the stalls are open. People are gonna walk up, They're gonna buy a shower head from us, and they're gonna buy a cherry line made from you.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't understand how that's a loose.
Speaker 1: If you understand the loop, you can't really drive into us.
Speaker 9: If we guess what, they can back out.
Speaker 1: You can't because people have to come in.
Speaker 9: Okay, guess what. They can walk up to the stall this one time. Okay, we can figure it out.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 7: I've got some stores that are in shopping centers. See ding Park next door. We do some of that count Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you have to get clear to the shopping center. Lch box. It's that they don't own the shopping center.
Speaker 9: But the shopping center can't control who parks there.
Speaker 1: That they can control who does a yard selling their property.
Speaker 9: But we can. It's in their sonics lot is where the yard sale is.
Speaker 1: People park, Please tell them this is a ridiculous idea.
Speaker 7: It's a ridiculous ideal lunch, but you kind of I like it. I like it.
Speaker 10: You like it because we'd be like, Hey, this Saturday, we're going to be at the Sonic at this location. You know how many people are going to show up to that sonic more than they've showed up in the.
Speaker 9: Last six months?
Speaker 1: He said corn He said corn dogs Days were huge.
Speaker 10: I understand corn dog Day is huge, but we will have people travel from across America.
Speaker 1: That's not true, not for the garbage we bought.
Speaker 12: Yes, if it was like legit stuff that.
Speaker 1: People want, the baseball.
Speaker 12: Cards, people are not going to drive cross country. Do you get a shower curtain.
Speaker 9: Rod signed by the Bybone show and a chair in line? Made I think they'd be there.
Speaker 6: That rope was pretty cool, the big rope exactly by that?
Speaker 3: Okay, So anyway we have tuggle war matches with that rope in the parking lot and winner gets a cheeseburger?
Speaker 1: Are you paying with the cheeburger that's on the house?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 9: Of course? We don see how many?
Speaker 3: How many corn dogs do you guys make? Whenever it's Halloween.
Speaker 7: We probably had some store selling three four five thousand why a day?
Speaker 9: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: On corn Dog Day buddy matter of fact, a buddy mine in Sarcey, Arkansas. You know where that's at. They do a contest. They've got about thirty locations. Also when they do a contest over corn dog Day, if you can guess how many corn dogs all their stores sell combined, they give like a one hundred dollars gift cards and they've got a store same way selling three and four and five thousand a day.
Speaker 1: Do you have that many cooked frar cookers?
Speaker 7: You can cook probably sixty seventy at.
Speaker 1: A time, is it none? Stop though it then sixty back in.
Speaker 7: You pre brand, you cook them, hold them, cook them, hold them, and you have several hundred ready to go because you'll have people come and get forty, somebody get thirty, so you can't cook them to order that way, you gotta anticipate.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I've ever had a corn dog. It's not really my thing from Sonic. I would have like a coney, Yeah, I would have even then chick I like, I like the bite chicken up. So I never got a corn dog. Are corn dogs all the time popular?
Speaker 7: Yeah? We sell quite a few kids only, no kids and adults. We had a lot of adults. That's my favorite walk to the kitchen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but you grab it.
Speaker 3: But if you're going to Sonic, you're driving all the way up the I'm probably not going to order something that'd been like salivating over before I get there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: We sell a bunch though, yeah, little bunch. That's why they're so popular on Cornbalk.
Speaker 1: They are good, which yeah, I know, we ate them all up here in like five seconds.
Speaker 6: What about drinks, like which one is the most popular drink? Cherry Lime made? Yeah, ocean water people like Ocean Wire is my favorite.
Speaker 7: Ocean Water's good, But the cherry Line Made is the nationwide drink. That's what I like. That's why. That's why you see you'd ever board a cherry Line made?
Speaker 1: Why'd you buy your first Sonic?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I wanted to make a living.
Speaker 1: Did you do one?
Speaker 7: Started out with one? When I?
Speaker 9: Did you work there first?
Speaker 12: And then decide? Or are you just did you work at Sonic first?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, I got hired at seventeen as a cook with the thought of being a manager. Or the guy that hired me. I worked for him at Wendy's and he called me and say, I want you to quit there and come here. He gave me a die more an hour. You know, back in seventy eight that was a lot of money. So yeah, I'll quit. So I went to work for him and we talked and he made me an assistant manager, and then I flew Adala and got into my first deal.
Speaker 9: Out take it twenty four you could buy a Sonic?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, take a loan st meeting a burger loan.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I took a loan out. Yeah, my partner signed co signed the note for it.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 7: It was really scary. And of course I bought my first one. I didn't spend that much money. But then when I built my first one, that was scary.
Speaker 1: That was because it's so much more.
Speaker 7: That was like a seven hundred thousand dollars deal back in eighty four.
Speaker 6: That's a lot that would you would you say that starting something like this is risky and you've got to just take risks and do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but but we we had a good background. We've been my partners have been around for a long time, and so they knew how to do it, and so we started building and just kept building and building.
Speaker 1: What about people, I don't know, it's hypothetical here.
Speaker 3: They're always talking about doing deals right and always talking about making money, and I always talk about how he's going to do all this stuff and but never does anything ever and also doesn't shut up about it. Would you ever do go into business with something like that hypothetically?
Speaker 7: No, I don't know. It depends the talking about me.
Speaker 1: We said, no, it's hypothetical because They like, I.
Speaker 9: Don't do anything, but I make moves. Get in here, what moves?
Speaker 1: What business moves? Have you ever made?
Speaker 9: How we make that? Paladin here?
Speaker 10: Lawnmowing business? Let me tell you force? And I rushed, We rushed you, guys said, did I ever make moves? Oh my gosh, did we make moves? We had a monopoly on our neighborhood. People tried to.
Speaker 9: Come into business and ran them out of town. They couldn't handle it.
Speaker 1: Did you go beat them up?
Speaker 9: No? People knew.
Speaker 6: What about the Disney movies?
Speaker 10: Disney movies? Oh, me and my buddy Oscar shout out Oscar for.
Speaker 1: Years and this guy can because it was illegal.
Speaker 10: We were we were importing Disney DVDs from a foreign country and we were selling them on eBay and we were making cash hand over fist.
Speaker 9: And one time you got one order, well, no, we got two orders.
Speaker 10: And then we were like, all right, we did small orders to see you you know, test market.
Speaker 9: You know how you get to do that. You get to test see if people want it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we test stuff here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you test.
Speaker 10: You tested a new burger, a new slush, and you see if people like it, and then you go nationwide and so we decided all right, we're all in, and so we put all of our money back into the business and got a big shipment and we got to know from customs saying if you want to come get them, you can come get them. So that business went under.
Speaker 9: When it happens, you know, you when you do businesses, not all of them are going.
Speaker 6: To succeed, especially if they're illegal. Yeah, it happened.
Speaker 10: If you're committing crimes, it's don't think it's committing crime selling DVDs.
Speaker 3: It's you're buying illegal DVD's that are bootlegg That's I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: You did know that because you told us you were doing it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that's my defense is I didn't know it for the custom agent, like, hey man, I just saw them online.
Speaker 9: I wanted to buy them.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have interesting having more sonics?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well let's.
Speaker 1: Go, give me a coil.
Speaker 9: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 7: I mean, we tried to.
Speaker 1: Do our y Olahoma. We can't get the property over there.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 7: We've got so many people working for us that have worked for us for a long time that we really want to help them out and get them started.
Speaker 10: So is that how you do it, Like, if you have an employee, you bring them on it. An owner of a Sonic.
Speaker 7: Of our thirty two locations probably thirty album started as a cook or a car hop or a fountains like I did, and they stayed with us as an assistant, and hey, they wanted to do it, so we put faith them.
Speaker 10: And so like when you do that, like how much of a percentage do they get? They get one hundred percent, twenty five that's not bad.
Speaker 1: So they get twenty five if what they run it.
Speaker 7: Twenty five percent ownership and they run the store.
Speaker 1: But are they having to invest their on money?
Speaker 7: They invest them with money. We co signed their deal.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I mean I don't need a cosign.
Speaker 3: I just need a proper I just need the territory we didn't battling for.
Speaker 10: How do they ever get paid? Is it they have to sell out? Or do you get twenty five percent of the sale?
Speaker 7: Twenty five percent dividend every month if the store makes money, they get twenty.
Speaker 3: Five probably net profit. If I'm the net profit, do you know what that means? Yeah, had so much money, you make no net?
Speaker 1: But what's net? And gross?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Gross?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: I already know this. I watched Shark Tank. Guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking, I'm asking. Just say it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, net is after you take out the taxes and pay everything, and that's what you get.
Speaker 9: Gross is like, oh man, look at all this money I made. Yeah, like, oh man, good job. It's gross because it's so big. You know.
Speaker 7: We buy the land, build a building and then the manager runs it and they own twenty five in the business. We own real estate, and so that's that's.
Speaker 1: Why I want to be on that side.
Speaker 9: So do they pay you rent?
Speaker 7: Let's go they pay us rent? Yeah, yeah, that real estate.
Speaker 10: That's yeah, that's what I almost did too.
Speaker 9: What do you mean you almost did in my other business?
Speaker 7: You got a leap, you got to jump out there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you? Doesn't do well.
Speaker 9: I mean we almost did it, But what you almost did? What I mean? I don't want to say it because what if I still do it?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Is that what you told you're going to do?
Speaker 9: What was it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: I know, no, bigger, bigger, bigger, But.
Speaker 1: You didn't, So it doesn't matter. He thinks he has a side.
Speaker 9: Not not not not the hairplace.
Speaker 1: Like kid's hair with whiskey or something.
Speaker 10: But yeah, but the only problem is my wife got bringing with our third kids, so it was bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay we should have and go.
Speaker 1: I'll probably hold you up from like making millions of dollars or something.
Speaker 9: But yeah, that well, mine was gonna cost millions of dollars. That was the problem.
Speaker 1: But that is a problem.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was gonna call It was gonna.
Speaker 12: Cost about what did you hear today? You can go get a loan.
Speaker 9: It was gonna cost sign.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you can get people to invest with you. You can get a loan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was gonna have to raise a million, but you can also start small.
Speaker 9: I mean no, no, what I was doing was big.
Speaker 7: Everyone knows small was only five thousand dollars. That's what it costs me. And then, like I said, my last investment was there started got a crawl for you walk.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm almost brought into a tequila company.
Speaker 10: But everything that Yeah, my buddy from college called me up about a year and a half ago, two years ago, He's like, hey, dude, I'm gona start aequila company. I just got from back from Mexico and I fell in love with tequila and I'm gonna start a company.
Speaker 9: I was like, you have lost your darn mind.
Speaker 10: Next thing, you know, he dropped by my house about a month and a half ago and dropped off tequila.
Speaker 9: He raised eleven million dollars and.
Speaker 6: Alien that friend Hosick wherevo But you know what he did, Steven slaughter Man, you know what he did.
Speaker 1: He did it. He did it, but you but you don't do it?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: Is it tequila good?
Speaker 9: It's good?
Speaker 1: Is all tequila good?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's like pizza where some is better than others, but it's all good. Yeah, kind of yeah. So do you get dividend on everyone of your stores?
Speaker 7: Checks just come into You got a few of.
Speaker 9: You mean you don't get them on every one of your stores? How does that work?
Speaker 7: Well, we have a few low volume stores and smaller mark.
Speaker 1: They don't make the money.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's where they need the yard sale. Maybe those smaller There we go.
Speaker 1: That's true. It's a good point.
Speaker 6: I get.
Speaker 3: We we own part of a restaurant, until we get that, it's restaurants are tough. We're just now starting to get like dividend checks, but not that much yet.
Speaker 1: But it's pretty cool. It's the first like mailbox money you're like, we're.
Speaker 6: If you have an idea for another food item, do you can you pitch it to Sonic?
Speaker 7: Oh? We do, yeah, committee, I'm on. We test a lot of products. I mean, I just got back from Dallas last week. We test a lot of different products.
Speaker 6: Have you guys done a smoke chicken sandwich or anything not smoked chicken?
Speaker 7: Here's something?
Speaker 9: Ask him how business is going?
Speaker 6: Is that it's it's a little slow, a little slow after the holidays.
Speaker 3: You should have you should cook it up one day, have them come in on the show, taste it and give you an honest review.
Speaker 1: If it's something he didn't want to take to his.
Speaker 6: People, let's go there we go all right, let's I'll get with Scuba. We'll set up a date going to do that volume.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to not yet. All that he has to do is sum the recipe. Yeah, oh I like it.
Speaker 9: You'll have smokers.
Speaker 7: No, we don't. But but the companies were buy from do perfect.
Speaker 1: This is all idea.
Speaker 7: This is a barbecue company in January February. I think barbecue pork sandwich. It's gonna be really good. Barbecue pork on a hamburger. Or you can get this barbecue by it sale?
Speaker 1: All right? Dang okay, so would you come do that bit with this one day? Sure?
Speaker 3: Just and you have to be honest about if it's you think, not only is it good, because it's gonna be good, I like just good cook meat, flavorful meat's good, but like, could you actually see it being something at sonic? Sure, and then it doesn't have to be but you get to maybe pitch it, maybe take.
Speaker 7: As long as it's easy to manufacture and easy.
Speaker 9: It's not.
Speaker 6: Ecuse me, what's talking to?
Speaker 7: Well, see that's different. That's that somebody else is doing that though, right, that's right. I'm talking about our location. It's going to be easy for us to produce.
Speaker 3: You can't put twelve smokers every location in the backyard, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: But if it all right, well, thank you for the burgers problem.
Speaker 9: And uh, well, so are we doing the garage or not?
Speaker 1: No yard, cell, but we are going to do the son.
Speaker 9: Bobby says no. He has not said no yet.
Speaker 1: Trust me. He said no.
Speaker 9: You guys know words.
Speaker 3: I know he's saying no. I'm just trying to cover him right now. He just said, can we come to a yard sell at one of your places.
Speaker 1: No, okay, thank you, scoo. Back after the first of the year. Let's get them back up here and do the bit for the show.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 10: And just so you know, the Sonic Ditch is a tourist attrack traction on Google and has a five star seventy six ratings and there's pictures hilarious.
Speaker 1: If it ain't you.
Speaker 10: Hilarious, and it has you can type it into your Google Maps and you type in Sonic Ditch and it takes you to it and.
Speaker 9: There are cars, are the people drunk?
Speaker 1: Like, how many people see it? I'll see it, I don't see the ditch and then they go right into it.
Speaker 9: It is so funny.
Speaker 10: And they even have a sign up there that says how many days until the car has gone in the ditch? You like at this the work so many days without an accident?
Speaker 9: Oh my, oh man, Wow.
Speaker 6: That's about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you find so much joy in that forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to go. Thank you guys, thank you. We're good here.
Speaker 9: So we're not having a groad film.
Speaker 1: We're not having a grod so no, but Eddie, what if you're smoking out chicken?
Speaker 6: This would be amazing. This would be amazing. So I wonder if I need to make it into a sandwich or just the chicken.
Speaker 1: You could do both.
Speaker 6: Okay, I gotta get I gotta go to.
Speaker 1: The drunk you can you could actually what I'm what I might do if are you come on?
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, go to Sonic and get some buns and present it like a Sonic That's what.
Speaker 6: I was thinking, with the fixings and everything on it. What if you make a million dollars from Oh my gosh, would be amazing. It would be amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean just from a conversations, from just from a conversation. Okay, why that's it. We gotta go Tomorrow night, Eddie and I be a.
Speaker 3: Fava Arkansas doing a pop up show at George's Majestic. If there are any tickets left, you can still get Thembobbybones dot com.
Speaker 1: That's it. We'll do it at seven thirty. I know it's a Wednesday night, but I don't know we're gonna be there anyway, so we thought we'd do it. Thank you, We will see you guys soon. Bye.