Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: But this is something I was really really rest I actually just learned about a concept called ghost restaurants, which is actually very popular in New York City, Boston, DC like metropolitan areas. Where he's trying to start a restaurant and man and the rent might be fifteen thousand dollars a month. So it's like you don't have enough money a lot over it, but you can start a ghost restaurant. So you was actually doing this before you knew what a ghost restaurant was, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I was doing it right out the crib before I knew what it was. Good brother, Mine's al came through. He was let me know, like, man, it's a ghost restaurant. Like what he was like, yeah, this concept right here, what you're doing is a ghost restaurant. Like, man, break it down to me, show me. You know, I always gotta get the details.
Speaker 4: You love to learn, man, I love that.
Speaker 3: I gotta understand where you get the information from. Showed me the source. So he broke the source down. L don't do too much talking. He pull it up and show you right in your face. So I'm looking it up. I'm like, wow, this one thing I said, I seen the I read it. It was it was it was a company. It was two guys started the company.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They running nine kitchens out of two storefronts. What yeah, I'm running back ghost restaurants. They running nine restaurants out of two storefronts.
Speaker 4: So it could be like somebody selling Chinese food, somebody's selling Italian, somebody sellinganadas, all in the same kitchen.
Speaker 3: All in the same kitchen only for one roof.
Speaker 2: And so the thing with the ghost restaurant, correct me if I'm wrong. So you serve, you make food out of like a kitchen, like you only your home kitchen, tell y'all only, and you you get like grub hub or uber eat post deliver. So when you order from Uber eats, they have like a menu. You don't necessarily know what the way these places are, you don't. You just see Thai restaurant. These are the different things that we have. So now you literally make the food in your kitchen. You have rub Hub, Uber eats. Come. You know.
Speaker 3: The rest of social media Instagram is your Facebook that people going on, you know, so your ampetizing that. You know, you can set a website up advertise off of that. So one thing I did, you know, I'm already a platform on social media. So I started using Instagram. So I actually met a deal that was a chef and he do seafood real good. So I met him. You know what I do, I'm normally know how to hire this was his profession, So I brung him around. I built the menu. I built the menu for six items against items. Again, built the menu up, and I put him to work. You know, but now I actually know confidential.
Speaker 2: N da, here you go.
Speaker 3: It's not a recipe. I cannot. Only had one employee, so he knew everything. You know, all you need is one it ain't it ain't too much walking and they take out only so the tablets banging, he hitting every tablet, pick up, boom. Now you can do your time because you got but five minutes the week, ten minutes the week, door dash, pick up, grub her pick up, you know, and take the food to the people and they drive off with.
Speaker 4: It and they never have any idea that it's coming from you.
Speaker 2: And like you said, you can have seven different restaurants and one kitchen in one kitchen Chinese, I got it, pizza, got you, got it, got.
Speaker 3: It, got it. So my main concept, you know, you got to be saved serving things that nature. You have to be you have to be teching, you know, licensed up and things that nature. Uh I mean. And also it's something you know, you got the pros and the cons. So the pros about it. You can do all that great things, but you have to make sure the package good. Like a restaurant, you have to package it good. It's still a restaurant, so you have to market it and ship it out right good. But the cons is that you can get bad reviews on Yelp.
Speaker 4: I hurt you.
Speaker 3: You can get yeah so you can get bad reviews on Yelp, or bad reviews on the on the grub hub the door. That's because the drivers can take too long. You get it so the drivers can take too long and mess your whole product.
Speaker 2: You can't control the drivers, can't control the drivers it all. So how do you get Like if I wanted to start a cold restaurant out of my kitchen, how do I get on uper? Each is like an application you gotta fill out.
Speaker 4: You have to fill abric This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC Erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most. Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com. Backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just to use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you needkation.
Speaker 3: No, you have to have an EI in number. You know, you have to have the basics for a regular restaurant, you have to have the basics. So you have to fill out all that information, you know, to hit you back on an email that that you're looking forward to how to open a restaurant. They send a cameraman out to take the pictures of your food. So every do they taste it, don't taste it.
Speaker 2: But they make sure it's official.
Speaker 3: Make sure it's official. So what I always I do privatations. You know, any restaurant I create, I do privatations. That way they can come. You know, my friends come over, they taste the food, all right, just the one Nah, I don't really like this. It's it's two seasons. Its not a banger. So when I cook out for him, I'm like, all right, mat so you don't.
Speaker 4: I mean you have some like Uncleanny hours right, So like yeah, so we want to talk about how much time is put into doing a lot.
Speaker 3: Of time is putting into these restaurants. Man, the only thing to come to a sleep is a dream. But you have to get your rest.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I heard one thing like if you rest, your rest, So be careful with your time. And you definitely gotta be careful with your health as well. So I definitely be tired. You know this, This restaurant industry, entrepreneurship definitely you know, put me in some sacrifices beyond my limits. I don't even see my children, you know. I got two young boys, one years old and two years old, Shayne Kaber, So that messed me on my entrepreneur lifestyle. Running a restaurant, messed up my relationship with my child mother. You know, me not having a time, me not being there for my you know, for the family. I'm not even saying my kids because I'm running the restaurants and things of nature. So that really hurt me too, has been a young father. So I'm trying to get that freedom back as well, because Okay, you got freedom from not working for nobody, but now you're taking your freedom from your family, like they don't even get to see So my freedom got took from like that because being an entrepreneur. So that's the cons of the restaurant industry as well and entrepreneur industry that you don't even see your family because you're working until hours. You're making doing this, so you become a slaver of the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the goal too, is to ultimately scale to the point where you don't actually have to physically work, because you're really trading one boss for another. In that scenario, it's like, now the boss isn't mister Johnson, but the bosses Benjamin Franklin. Your boss is money. Your bosses money. So the goal to actually be financially free to a point where it's not really about always say it's not about money's about freedom. About freedom, that's the most important thing. Peace of mind is you can't put a price tag on peace of mind.
Speaker 3: Can put a price bag on peace of mind, can put a price tag on peace of mind. So my mindset now is like, you know all that's took care communication is number one. You got to learn to communicate and let these women know that's actually taking care of these kids. Let your sons know, let your family know. Like, hey, this is what I'm doing. I'm a sacrifice this time right now. Oh so now I do. I'm gonna get my kids three days out the week. I make sure I get them three days out the week. Like I pause myself. I get brother in min's that know the recipe and things and know how to run a restaurant, I get an employee and know how to run it, and I step out and be a father as well, And that's my freedom as well.
Speaker 4: It's important, man, Like I know that struggle. Man, it takes a lot of balance, like not being there to make it to a parent teacher conference, right, or not being there to check the homework. And I remember when my daughter got to we had to went to Chicago and she failed us spelling to us and I was like, damn, we wasn't there to study, you know what I mean. But having systems in place, having support, it makes it a lot easier.
Speaker 3: Easy because them kids is definitely a mental break for you as well. He definitely bring another kind of energy, you know. That's that's that's free minds, that's fresh mindsets, because that's new smiles. So your children, you're looking at him, You're like, wow, he's my broke best friends. He's my broke best friend. So I got it really.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I mean and in the end, you're doing it for them, right, So like anytime you feel tired, this is like, you know what, I can't be tired because I know what the future holds for him and I know what the future holds for her. We're just gonna make this easier for them.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike drop back drop drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stops ruggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need