Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central's America's only sorts for new This is the Daily Joke with your.
Speaker 3: Host Primmy Day.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: I'm Roy Shang.
Speaker 5: We got so much to talk about tonight. The legendary Bill Murray is in the House. But first, we're still nineteen months away from the twenty twenty six MiG turns. But I know there's some absolute freaks out there who need an election sooner than that.
Speaker 6: Right, nineteen months is too long, man, I need something right now. I'll suck it for an exit poll. Well, me me in the studio after the show, Me.
Speaker 5: Me behind the studio because I got a quick.
Speaker 1: Fix for you.
Speaker 5: Let's get into it with Indecision twenty twenty five, locally sourced. Addition, this Tuesday, there's an election for a seat on the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and I know what you coastly leagues are thinking. So what they'll rule on, what whether it's legal to marry or cheese or whether issues on Wisconsin. Well, yes, that is part of it. But also it will determine whether abortion is legal in Wisconsin and how to redraw election districts which could even determine which party controls Congress. And that's why the weather report for Wisconsin is calling for rain.
Speaker 1: One hundred million dollars.
Speaker 5: That's how much money could be spent on a state Supreme.
Speaker 3: Court race in Wisconsin, and that would make it the most expensive judicial election in US history.
Speaker 7: The race, pairing Judge Susan Crawford from liberal hotbed Dane County against conservative Judge Brad Schimmel from Walkershaw, has big money outside donors like George Soros, JB. Pritzker, and Elon Musk opening their wallets.
Speaker 3: Trump's close ally and financial backer. Musk has gone all in on Shimmel's campaign. The tech billionaire and groups aligned with him have poured more than twenty million dollars into the state.
Speaker 5: Now, I know, twenty million dollars sounds like a lot, but remember that Elon has over three hundred billion dollars. Twenty million dollars is like one of his kids. It means nothing to him. But yes, this race has turned into a billionaire royal rumble. I mean, thus spending one hundred million dollars, which is obscene. I mean, you know, for that kind of money, you could have bought tens of thousands of Wisconsin residents the first ever salad. Instead, that's spending it on ads like this.
Speaker 1: The streets like any other in Wisconsin.
Speaker 8: But the new neighbor is a pedophile thanks to Judge Susan Crawford's sweetheart sentence.
Speaker 1: How corrupt is Brad Shimmel.
Speaker 6: Shimmel gave a plea deal to a man caught with child porn.
Speaker 4: Crawford let the predator out in just four years.
Speaker 9: Brad Shimmel let a sex predator loose on our.
Speaker 5: Kids, creating the rapist walk free.
Speaker 6: Well, rapist walk free called Crawford's negligence utterly disgusting.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Criminals are praying Susan Crawford gets elected.
Speaker 1: If you want them to be safe, don't vote for him.
Speaker 5: Wow, why is SVU wasting his time in New York? I mean, you got at least twenty seasons down then Wisconsin. I mean, if you got this many pedophiles in Wisconsin, maybe the problem is Wisconsin. Because for me watching this on the outside, I'm like, should the rest of us put a wall up around Wisconsin to keep all the pedophiles in there? I mean I know it'll trap the kids in there too, but the kids are probably also pedophile, so it should be fine. I mean, there's so many pedophiles that if you want to win, you should probably be making pro pedophile ads because it seems like it's a big constituency over there, Like why don't you do some outreach? But hey, I guess this is the story of American elections. Way too much money paying for way too many negative ads. In fact, Elon Musk is spending so much money on attack ads he's not even paying attention to who the ads are attacking.
Speaker 9: An attack ad against Supreme Court Justice candidate Susan Crawford is using a picture of a different Susan Crawford. An ad launched by a group backed by Elon Musk instead used a picture of Susan P. Crawford, who's a Harvard University law professor.
Speaker 5: Okay, to be fair, if I'm ever talking to a white woman over fifty and I forget her name, I just call it Susan Crawford, and I'm usually right like eighty percent of the time. But hey, maybe Elon just needs glasses. I mean, it could change everything. He'd be like, oh my God, that cybertruck looks like shit. But but Elon isn't just spending all that money on attack ads. He's also dusting off a tactic from the twenty twenty four election. Voter self checkout.
Speaker 3: The Elon Must backed America Political Action Committee asking Wisconsin voters to sign a quote petition in opposition to activist judges. The reward for each signature one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yo, one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Come on, Elon is going to take more than that for Americans to sell their souls to you?
Speaker 9: Elon Loves Political Action Committee has handed out one million dollars to a voter in Wisconsin just for signing a petition A million dollars.
Speaker 5: Come on, Elon, who have taken way less for Americans to sell their souls to you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: I would have done it for two fifty for more on the flood of billionaire money. Let's go live to Wisconsin with our very own Grace Cooling Smith. Grace, Grace, Grace, Wait, why why are you dressed like the monopoly.
Speaker 2: Man monopoly woman, Ronnie. It's twenty twenty five. Women can do anything men can do, including beating up an old man and stealing his monocle and top hats.
Speaker 5: When you beat up an old man, is he?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: This race is really heating up, Ronnie. There's so much money pouring in right now. They're not even being subtle about it. Elon Musk is shooting gold bars out of a T shirt cannon.
Speaker 5: That sounds kind of dangerous.
Speaker 2: It is, But the people that didn't kill are filthy rich.
Speaker 5: Okay, Grace, this is awful a right. Billionaires should not have this level of influence in local elections.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: This is the best thing to happen to Wisconsin since brettfs Penis. Look at all this. They painted the whole city in gold. The street lamps are crystal chandeliers. The birds are diamond encrusted. Sure they're dead, but they're beautiful.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, so Wisconsin doesn't mind the billionaires meddling in the elections.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, they're trying to get billionaire money in all their elections, no matter how small. This morning, I saw an attack ad that said Mary Beth Kowalski should not be senior class president at shaboykan I because she failed her driver's test. Oh this is disgusting, I know her mom still drops her off at school.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I mean it's outrageous for Wisconsin to shift its entire economy to depend on billionaire election money.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, if you can think of a better way to transfer billionaire money back to society, I'm all ears.
Speaker 1: What about taxes?
Speaker 5: Huh, taxes, taxes, speaker taxes, taxes, more time, Texas taxes.
Speaker 2: Taxes, Johnny, I don't know what language you just slipped into, but I gotta go. That old man is making up and I got to finish the job.
Speaker 5: Sorry, don't hurt him, Grace Coolan Smith, Everyone all right, when we come back to America.
Speaker 4: Go down to fifty first state, So don't go away.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the Daily Show. Look, I know there's a lot of Trump haters out there who are like, this guy can't focus. He's got the attention span of a golden retrieve on cocaine, which sounds like a great idea for a movie. But this not And I called Dibbs, Well, you couldn't be more wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Three months into his term, President Trump is still laser focused on the single most important issue affecting most Americans, invading Greenland.
Speaker 10: After weeks of speculation that he wants to take over Greenland, President Trump is doubling down on his suggestion that the US will play a larger role in the island's future.
Speaker 4: We need Greenland for national security and international security. So well, I think we'll go as far as we have to go. We need Greyland, and the world needs us to have Greenland, including Denmark.
Speaker 5: Denmark has to have us have Greenland. You heard that right, Denmark has to have Us. Need to have Denmark have us have Greenland.
Speaker 1: It's very clear.
Speaker 5: So last week President Trump announced that he would be sending a special delegation to the future of fifty second State, led by a very special woman who Trump is definitely vaguely aware of.
Speaker 3: This morning, second Lady, Usha Vance, We'll go to Greenland this week, the White House announced National Security Advisor Mike Waltz will join missus Vance as part of the American delegation.
Speaker 1: She's a brilliant woman.
Speaker 8: She's a very nice woman, and she loves the concept of Greenland.
Speaker 5: She loves the concept of greenland, I mean green she loves green and land. Don't even get her started. Now. In some ways, Usha Vance is a great person for this trip. I mean Greenland is pretty cold and lifeless, so being married to Jadie Vance has left her very prepared, and she was hoping a trip to Greenland would at least be a few days away from her boring husband. Well, he had some bad news for her.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Shady Vance, the Vice President.
Speaker 10: And you know, there was so much excitement around Usha's visit to Greenland this Friday that I decided that I didn't want her to have all that fun by herself, and so I'm going to join her.
Speaker 5: JD give us some space. Okay, if you want to know what she's up to, don't worry. She's going with Mike Waltz, so the whole world is going to know every move she makes. But with this all star delegation, I'm sure Greenland is going to roll out the red copet for American imperialism.
Speaker 2: When the Vice President at a high level US delegation flies in tomorrow, there will be no big grand welcome, no American flags flying in the streets, and no photo ops with locals.
Speaker 3: Eighty five percent of Greenlanders do not want to be part of the United States.
Speaker 5: According to a recent poem, would you like to be American?
Speaker 1: Oh? No?
Speaker 7: The leaders here have been clear Greenland is not up for grabs and the American delegation is not invited.
Speaker 5: Well, they're holding out signs that say Greenland belongs to indigenous people. America is like, oh, you have no idea, how much we don't don't care about that. Here's some measles now, I mean, Greenland does not want to make America great again. In fact, they want the opposite.
Speaker 10: The idea, prompting protests along with a different kind of mega hat, this one reading make America go away?
Speaker 5: Right, make America go away. I do love the tone. It's very bitchy. I mean, they should make one that's seriously America, just don't kill yourself already. So basically, the people of Greenland really hey jd Vance in particular, which means, as always Donald Trump is right, they really are ready to be Americans. When we come back, some guy called Bill Murray will be joining me on the show, So don't go away.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. I'll have you show.
Speaker 5: I guess tonight. It's a comedy icon and Academy aw nominated actor whose new film is called The Friend. I can't believe I get to say this, but please welcome the legend. Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 10: He's looking everybody as ahem melcom that's good Bill Murray.
Speaker 5: Wow, thank you so much for being the only guests who put the merch on.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: They told me it was business casual. So business casual.
Speaker 1: You know it's good.
Speaker 5: I know we give it to everybody. No one never does what they're told him. Where's it on stage? Thanks? So I also have to thank you for something else. I've never told this story on air, but I was lucky. A couple of years ago, I was doing shows with Dave Chappelle in Ohio and they said, Hey, Ronnie, we have a plane for you back to New York, but do you mind dropping off Bill Murray along the way. And I was like, are you kidding me? I get to go on a playing with Bill Murray? Does he want me on? And like no, no, he's yeah, totally he wants you on. And you let me get on your plane so I could get out of Ohio. So I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Hey, that goes followed you.
Speaker 5: And the whole time I was on the plane with you. You're very so generous, You're so kind, You're very considerate. You're trying to you're time, trying to time the flight so I wouldn't hit traffic in New York. And I couldn't believe that you are You're talking to me, And the whole time I was like, oh my god, I'm living one of these legendary Bill Murray stories right now. Like I'm in the story that I keep hearing about. And so there's all these stories about you kind of popping up around America, and I just want to ask, like, is this kind of philosophy of life, of this live in the moment randomness, Is that something you kind of carry into your self expression.
Speaker 8: Well, I think most of our lives are accidental. As much as we think we're in charge, most of it's accidental. And it's just how you are able to live with the accidents that you.
Speaker 1: That you create, that you're part of.
Speaker 8: Right, But like I kind of like the excitement of the unknown and figuring, oh well now look what I've done. So that's it's been fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it's a conscious choice right to be present because not many people do it. I mean you've said yourself, you try to make yourself more available.
Speaker 1: Well, the conscious choices come and go. They come and go. So but yeah, sometimes they are.
Speaker 8: So that's what why they're sometimes a through lineer that looks like there's a plan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but so I guess just in terms of Hollywood, applying that philosophy to you know, this crazy thing we call show business Hollywood, and you know, you you your approach to it has always really intrigued me because you you're someone who I feel is even though you're one of an icon in the Hollywood system, you still feel like you're you purposely take yourself outside the system. I mean, is that a conscious choice for you to be?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think I'm any good to anyone if I'm just in the system all the time. You know, if you know, if you're not going out in the world and coming back with something, you're not doing any good to your family or your world.
Speaker 1: You got to go out there and you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, right, but but you acknowledge that's not a common thing for most of these guys in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I despise the rest of them.
Speaker 8: No, it's no, you get it's you know, you get excited, you know, you get excited making a career and you start getting busy, and you know it's hard to every everything is an distraction, so everything can take you away from you know, trying to like try to remember yourself and try to you know, keep it together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean, sorry to hop on a butt, but I just want to emphasize how strongly I feel this embodies of philosophy. And I feel like because I think it was after Ghostbusters, I read that biggest movie in the world at the time, and you immediately kind of moved to France with your whole family and started studying at the bone just to get yourself out of it.
Speaker 1: I guess like, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Knew I was a little too weak to to I mean, it was going to be a whole lot of fame, like walking down the streets of New York when you've already saved New York.
Speaker 1: You know, it's uh.
Speaker 8: So you know that's I mean, Aaron Judge doesn't have that.
Speaker 1: Problem, you know.
Speaker 5: And the other thing, because you've been you had such longevity in the business, you've been around, I feel like you're one of the few guys who is actually qualified to talk about this. So right now I feel like we keep looking at the past with these rose tinted glasses, just with culture. I mean, forget politics, was just culturally when we talk about movies, and you were part of this incredible run of American comedy films like it was you know, Caddy Shack, Ghostbuster, Scrooge. You had this run of just stripes of hits. And we look back on that now as like this Golden age and American comedy film. When you were in that era, were you looking back at previous eras and going that.
Speaker 1: Was the Golden age?
Speaker 5: Or were you like, nah, I'm the king rin.
Speaker 4: This is the best.
Speaker 8: I wasn't really. I mean I look back now more than I did then. Back then, we were just excited to be having a good time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: People didn't take it so darn seriously. We would we would, you know, we changed the script every day. We just go out there and have fun. We knock ourselves out. And as long as you're tired at the end of the day, it means you worked hard. You know, you try to be exhausted at the end of every day, and like always trying to find new things to do and just a way to work, you know. And and also it's a funny kind of living making movies. You're in a kind of a Gypsy world with like one hundred and fifty people for about three months, and you live very intimately and then you never see each other again, maybe you know. So it's very you have to be very devoted to the whole process.
Speaker 1: Everybody's a part of the solution.
Speaker 8: Anyone can fix any any can find the answer to the problem. So you're all really connected. So it's that kind of living is very demanding. I love it. I really do like movies. I like making I realized just recently. God, I really like making movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, good news for you.
Speaker 1: Everyone wanting that movie. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Somebody's good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this this movie is good. I made another movie that's good called riff Raff that just came out. That's really weird, not like anything I've ever seen. Me with pet Davit, with Pete Davidson and uh Ed Harrison, Gabby Union, a lot of good people.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Klutch is insanely funny in that movie too. But this is a good movie.
Speaker 8: This has got Naomi watch this, uh Naomi Watts in this movie The Friend. It's the best performance I've seen my an actress in so long I can't even remember. It's unbelievable what she does in this movie.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, well that is of the rubble blot.
Speaker 5: I mean I mean lots of killing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I love.
Speaker 5: I love how you started promoting this movie and then you had to quickly promote these other movie.
Speaker 8: That I was promoting that movie and I was promoting this movie while I was promoting that movie. I really like, you know, I want people to go to movie theaters and see movies in movie theaters because I look at this.
Speaker 1: You're in a group of people. You know, we had a couple of years where you couldn't be in a.
Speaker 8: Group of people, and it's like that. It's the shared experience. It goes back to the Greeks, you know, it's the theater and you all get together and we share our humanity together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the best. It's for the best, like to move together. Yeah, which brings me to this this other question I had, Like you were talking about the movies doing now the Friend and Riff Raff, I mean, these are these are indie movies, and I guess just talking about your career again, there was a moment when after all these blockbusters and you wore the biggest name on the planet you kind of like you went awayful bit and you shifted into this like you basically ushered in this new golden age of American independent film with loss and translation, and you know, all these in Wes Anderson movies. And I guess was that.
Speaker 1: Was that plan? Rannie. I swear you there's no plan. There is no plan. There's no plan. It's just I just like to do what I like, you know.
Speaker 8: And it happened that those great people like Sophia and Wes Anderson and Jim Jarmish, these are people who have a real integrity, a real powerful integrity, and a real love and history of film culture. They wanted to make movies. And because you know, I always say, like I didn't embarrass myself too badly, so that's why they hired me, you know.
Speaker 5: And I know you're living in a moment and it's very Buddhist and I appreciate that and I try to live that philosophy. But I'm just saying you have to acknowledge at the time when you did these indie movies, you had a lot of cloud and you would risking it. Whether you cared about it or not, you were risking it on these kind of unproven talented directors a lot. And was that a conscious choice to like, I want to give people a chance or were you just attracted on material?
Speaker 8: Well, you know when you see the script, you know they like, I got the script for Rushmore, which is Wes Anderson's movie, or Sophia's movie Lost in Translation, or especially Rushmore. They said you want to meet the guys said know, yes, you don't want to meet. The guys said, no, he knows exactly what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 8: I didn't need to meet him, as like I'll see at work. You know, I don't need to talk. He knows exactly what he wants to do. In Sophia's same way and Jim Jarmers Sam, they know exactly what they want to do. Their script is so clear, like what what their intention is? That you have great confidence, you know when you watch in a good movie, you know it in a minute because you just feel so confident with the way the camera moves, the way everything goes.
Speaker 1: And that's how their scripts read. They read like this.
Speaker 8: It reads like this is storytelling, This is real storytelling.
Speaker 5: And you were you know, okay, someone's again a plot. Well it's it's fine to plot every wood, this guy says, because okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing it too.
Speaker 8: But yeah, oh I should say, but so these guys wrote a good movie.
Speaker 1: I should mention the reason we're here started. But uh, David Siegel and Scott McGhee.
Speaker 8: They took this book written by a New York girl, a lady named Cigarette Nunez and who's really fun. You should have her on the show sometimes.
Speaker 1: She's really cool.
Speaker 8: They took her book, which is a great book, and it won the National Book Award whatever, and made a great screenplay out of it. Well whatever they give those writers, you know, but they made a great script and they directed the script together, and it's really good.
Speaker 5: No, it's a good movie. I watched it. It's very touching. It deals with some pretty sad topics. A very dramatic role for you, I would say, there's a I don't know, I check with the director. It's not a spoiler alert. You're essentially dead most of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but that's how they wanted it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how they wanted it. Yeah, you played that guide the whole movie basically.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm alive some of the time, I'm alive.
Speaker 5: So it's very touching. It's very dramatic, it's a.
Speaker 1: Very well written story.
Speaker 8: It's really great, and there's a there's an extraordinaiy Naomi. Watch is great and there's an amazing dog in the movie. That dog is and it is the most one of the most responsive animals I've ever seen in my life. When I first saw the first cut of the movie, you would see something would happen in a scene and there'd be this sort of emotional moment and.
Speaker 1: You would see the dog react to it.
Speaker 8: And I kept going and someone who saw the movie said, that's Ai. That's not a real dog. I said, that's the dog. The dog heard it and felt it and expressed it. It's extraordinary thing. So it's a it's a great dan and it's a it's an amazing animal.
Speaker 1: Well that's all right, yeah, And how do you stop them? How do you control it? They love you, They don't stop the love.
Speaker 5: Let the love come in. And I know you're gonna I know you didn't plan this, but one of the themes I noticed in your career is that you have this kind of there these animals that pop up in a film a lot in a cool way, you know, like a grond Hall Day and the Friend the dog as an elephant that you know for problems. Yeah, so I don't know, is that Do you think there's something? I know you're not thinking about that, but is there something? What is it about these these animals?
Speaker 8: It has something to do that with Like, there's a lot of actors that just don't want to work with them. So I've got to find I've got to go into the animal kingdom to get.
Speaker 1: A co star. But it's it's works out okay for me.
Speaker 8: Uh, I don't know, It's it is funny that it keeps coming up like that.
Speaker 1: I should be worried. I don't know. I don't know. But the animals are the real ones.
Speaker 8: I mean I got bit by the gopher in Groundhog Day, you know the other the gopher in Caddyshack blew the place up. This dog is really great. I wrote an elephant in a movie that was fantastic. Uh I you know, I've you know, I'm not, I'm not one of those guys. But I mean, this dog is smarter than many people that I've ever met, and the and the elephant I worked with was smarter than virtually everyone I've ever met. You know, so there have there's their intelligences were is you know, it's a mystery to us, and and it's it's uh, you know, probably sort of for me.
Speaker 1: It's entry level dealing. You know.
Speaker 8: Actually they say, if you, you know, before you try to have children, you should have a pet. See if you can care for someone, take care of something, another creature. So probably I'm getting in to it a little backwards, but I look.
Speaker 5: For a pet elephant before.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 5: I have kids all, but let me try to find one starter. And I mean, you you're such a you came up not only are you an American icon, but you came up through these iconic American institutions like SNL and uh, you know, create Ghostbusters and second say, all these institutions. And my question to you is, you know, it feels like these institutions uh kind of don't have the don't have the the kind of sheen that they used to have before in terms of attracting all the talent, because now people going to like TikTok and making a video on the toilet seat, and you know, and you know, and I guess my question to you is that a you like that? That that is that good thing that these people are on the toilet making videos.
Speaker 8: And you know, there shouldn't be any limits about what can be funny. You know, I've been watching a lot of South Park lately. I never really got to watch a lot of south Park. It's brilliant, Yes, it really is brilliant.
Speaker 1: It really is brilliant.
Speaker 8: And they you know, they can be scatological, they can be anything, but they're but they do it in such an intelligent way that it's constantly amusic to me. But like in terms of like the machine of the great institutions like Second City or or Saturday Live, well, I you know, I go back with them, Like Saturday Live. When I was there, there were seven of us in the cast. Now there's you know, a couple of dozens, so there's a lot of people. And Second City used to have like two casts, you know. Now they have like a university, you know, they've they've got like a seven story building or something with like people taking the classes. So it's it's sort of it's not necessarily watered down, and like you can't say Saturday Night is sort of water down, but there's a lot more people. It's a little harder to get traction if you're one of the actors. But Saturday Live, any week there can be a sketch that's absolutely brilliant, just like in the early days. Any week they can make one that's absolutely perfect.
Speaker 1: But you know, there's just the group. It's a little harder to wrangle because there's you know, it's a herd. They've got a herd of people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess my question because I reviewed American institutions, American comedy institutions specifically. That's why I'm here in America. And I came here because my dream was always to be I'm lucky, and you know, I'm lucky that these guys give me a shot. But I guess I always saw the value of these institutions.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a huge.
Speaker 8: Value if you can go through those things. If you can go from one I always save, if you can go through Second City and Saturday Live, you can do anything.
Speaker 1: You can do anything because the intent the not that.
Speaker 8: They shouldn't say pressure, because I believe pressure is sort of imaginary, but the demand to be attentive to what you're doing. And every professional on Saturday Life, like every guy on a camera, every prop man, every single person is the.
Speaker 1: Top guy, the top woman in their field. So everybody's excellent.
Speaker 8: So if I screw up, he's looking at me like nice, nice, you know so, And that's that's what it was. You were in this environment of real uh like a like a just a transformative spot where you.
Speaker 1: Had to pressure cooker.
Speaker 8: Well it wasn't exactly I wanted to say pressure cooker. But I want people to get off of pressure. I don't sort of believe in pressure. I think it's sort of imaginary. I think it's just it's emotion that you can't control, and that's why it sort of gets up in you and it feels like the top of your head's coming off. But it's it's really just a there's a demand to show up, you know, and you have to relax otherwise that pressure comes up to your brain and then you don't work.
Speaker 5: So well, we'll speak of American institutions, mister Bill Murray, your institution.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you so much for the movies you did. You love the people that my mom is excited.
Speaker 5: I'm interviewing the words if when we were kids in Manchester, New Hands Show, we will watch our movies. You brought my family together. If my dad was still around. He would have loved this. You have loved that I got to meet you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, if my dad were around, yeah, he'd love it.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much, mister mister Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 5: The Friend opens in New York March twenty eight and nationwide April fourth.
Speaker 4: Mister Bill Murray, we'll go to tell your quick great will.
Speaker 1: Be right back after this. Hey, that's us over tonight now here. It is your moment of.
Speaker 3: Then happening now it is a Trump bump.
Speaker 1: We appear to be heading into a Trump slum. I think that's because of a little bit of a Trump bump. Do you agree that we're heading into a Trump slump? Do I callde it the Trump pump? What was a Trump bump is now a Trump slump?
Speaker 3: You still got that Trump pump on, brother.
Speaker 9: Many are seeing what is now the market Trump slump as the risk of a looming Trump session.
Speaker 8: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 10: Paramount Podcasts