Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys APT Now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboy. Well, well, well, here we are for another edition about.
Speaker 5: Something happened to mine.
Speaker 1: Feedback. I have feedback.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing myself now, okay, overall here, alright the God, all right, good to go.
Speaker 5: Now let's go.
Speaker 4: You know what they call that fall start false start fall start number sixty seven offense?
Speaker 1: Who is that? Going back to your day? Oh no, Phil Po's there there.
Speaker 6: I thought that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, so here we are.
Speaker 1: That was Pad Donovan.
Speaker 4: I think, right, hey, uh, here we are. It's a fabulous football Friday after a Thursday night.
Speaker 1: That was a later start.
Speaker 4: Than normal, But the I would say it was a most unlikely finished too.
Speaker 1: Crazy the game last night toes count they do, that's right.
Speaker 7: When I looked at when I looked at the all the angles, I could have talked myself into saying it was in, you know, based on all the angles, except that last.
Speaker 1: One down the line, down the line.
Speaker 8: Uh you just you're on irrefutable evidence, right.
Speaker 4: Because and they needed irrefutable evidence in order to overturn.
Speaker 7: The angles I could have said he could end, so it'd be tough to overturn, I'll put So.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs won that game because it was a primetime game and they had the extra angles, you.
Speaker 8: Know, camera they all have the extra camera they always have down down the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't have as many camera angles on a noon game on a Sunday. That's what they do.
Speaker 8: Everyone, everyone.
Speaker 5: So so I was listening on the radio, the radio broadcast.
Speaker 1: I was too. I was driving home, so you heard the guy.
Speaker 4: So you were listening to the Chiefs broadcast whatever it was on the national radio broadcast that Kevin Harlan. I was actually listening to the Chiefs broadcast, okay, And I don't recall the touchdown, and so it must have been heart Kevin, and the Chiefs broadcast wasn't as definitive at first. I don't think, uh what definitely was he may have been listening to the Ravens broadcast. Actually, because he's a Ravens touchdown now because okay.
Speaker 5: Because which McCall the quarterback was the analyst, Warner Ker Warner down, and Warner kind of said.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second and sure enough, Wow, want to finish. And what a final few plays it was.
Speaker 8: It didn't have to come down to that.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: It did not have to come down. How did you see.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the toe on the sideline right there, the sideline angle. How did you see the second to last play that could have easily been a touchdown past flower? He blew it is there anything on the receiver there?
Speaker 8: Well, you could have said that Lamar was waiting on him to.
Speaker 1: Just throttle down. Check it here.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought that maybe, and I was given Lamar the benefit of the doubt on that that okay, and it's all bang bang, And as he became clear on the back of the end zone, he kept running through and that maybe Lamar and I went back and froze it and okay, when he released the ball, it could have been the Lamar was thinking he was going to sit down.
Speaker 7: And then what Lamars should have seen was the two guys that was following the receiver inside.
Speaker 8: So he's lucky he wasn't inaccepted.
Speaker 7: Then he had them beat obviously pretty badly because he threw it a couple of feet behind him and they still didn't have a chance. The defenders still didn't have a chance of the ball, but the receiver didn't either.
Speaker 4: So the thing that I wondered about it was he just that inaccurate on the past or he.
Speaker 7: Was well, well, you know, he could have as you said, he must have thought that.
Speaker 1: That's why I benefit he didn't see the.
Speaker 7: Two defenders coming because they were well eating pretty badly.
Speaker 4: But the thing is Lamar's footwork is all over the place anyway, which is why there are inaccuracies in his passing game.
Speaker 1: But that's that end.
Speaker 8: That's what I can create the space.
Speaker 4: And that's what makes him even But yeah, that's what even makes him greater as a quarterback, his ability to use his feet to get in position to even make a crow space. Well, we can't have total perfection where his feet are exactly perfect.
Speaker 7: That's a lot of stuff from from head to feet, a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we're getting Ravens here in two weeks, so we were scouting ahead right there.
Speaker 7: I thought they did. I really thought they they didn't. Use Henry the way they should. I thought early on they kept trying to establish more Lamar than they did.
Speaker 5: Well the whole game. I don't understand he's going to get hurt. He's going to get hurt.
Speaker 1: Because he's running to the call.
Speaker 5: Plays when they were doing those sweeps, they got too offensive linemen pulling to the left and he's just running right behind him.
Speaker 7: And not to mention the scramble off of you know, not being able to find someone down the field, and so you're you're setting up, you have a play, you have play action passes, but you never ran the ball. You know, you can't have play action successful play giving it to one of the best running.
Speaker 5: Backs to yourself, right, was weird.
Speaker 4: You got a guy like Chris Jones on the other side who's destroying the offensive line.
Speaker 1: Wow, tough to do much. It's pretty good. The game plan gets thrown out, you know.
Speaker 7: So here you go back to defense, right, uh huh? Back to defense. Mahomes has a defense now, Yeah, that's scary. I mean we had it last year. That's why they won the Super Bowl. He's got defense now. And when you saw what was going on last night, as good as Mahomes is, that that Baltimore defense gave Lamar plenty of chances to win the game. They stopped Kansas City on some key drives that allowed your offense to get another chance. So that's the luxury that you have in Baltimore, a defense that's gonna give this offense so many chances to win the game.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing? Though?
Speaker 4: In this league, how a toenail can change the entire narrative of the next week for two football.
Speaker 8: You know, that was so crazy. Wow, that's very dramatic stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: And I said off the top, the most unlikely playing off of Isaiah likely finishes, but actually it was a very likely finish because that's the way it is in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Two plays before that, Yeah, come.
Speaker 7: From he went to a locker room or he didn't, he just went to the sidelines. Yep, that's pretty good. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Let's show some guts, all right, we're getting you ready for three twenty five on Sunday at Huntington Bank Field in Cleveland, the Cowboys and the Browns. And let's start with uh, let's start with the quarterback. Okay, there's apparently on the radio show this morning, Jerry Jones is not saying much as far as not saying anything. No update there, there's no update and there's no want to to talk about it now. A couple of weeks ago, in fact, let me go to Twitter on this, because we have on Twitter, someone tweeted this. Seth Cattoon on Twitter said Mickey Spagnola and Bill Jones said on mix shots right after the CD deal was done that when Jerry goes communications silent, something is on the way. And to that, I say, here we go, So what do you think is selling up?
Speaker 5: Dak kind of changed his tune yesterday.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, yep, So maybe there here we go close by three five on Sunday. Could Dak Prescott be the highest paid player in NFL history?
Speaker 5: MT.
Speaker 4: I've thought all along that the CD deal would get done when they got back to Frisco, and that happened. And I've thought all along that a Dak deal would get done before the season.
Speaker 5: Opener, and I continued to have my doubts.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 5: I just want to see how they structure it because they can't dump money more money into this year.
Speaker 8: Oh bags details details?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah, I know, I got you yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 4: About that's when you do a Mahomes deal. You do like Mahomes was ten years, five hundred million something like that, where they just got all these years to work with now to put football teams together going forward. It was funny yesterday we do our live shots, the local TV live shots up in the atrium area and Edwarder has been hired by Channel eight Joe Trey Hann be an analyst there or whatever. So Joe and Ed are doing their live shot and I'm about to do mine, and they went on in three or four minutes, and then I still hadn't gone on my live shot yet, and so they got done with theirs. And then I said, acting as if I was live on the.
Speaker 1: Year, I said, that's right.
Speaker 4: It's the largest contracting team sports history, ten years, six hundred million dollars for Dak Prescott. That I looked over it and huh so, I.
Speaker 8: Got good, yeh man, I'm sure you're just a card.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you're just a car. That's good.
Speaker 4: So why not ten years, six hundred mill Let's just do that and we'll be done with it.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, I have the like four years of it voidable.
Speaker 4: Right, uh huh, there you go, and you can dump all the money you want to over the next decade and.
Speaker 5: Right, so there you go and you don't have to pay it. Okay, not guaranteed them.
Speaker 8: I hope it happens.
Speaker 5: Did you get guaranteed money?
Speaker 8: Please get out of here.
Speaker 7: The only thing we tried to be creative and we start dealing with annuities.
Speaker 8: That was the most creative.
Speaker 7: Doug Cosby was the first one to do it, to put annuity into it. That way we could share in the funding of that annuity, as you know, team and player, and so it looks good on paper, you know, because you know the amount of the the annuity is added to the track, but it's really not.
Speaker 8: But it makes it's a good optic for a team.
Speaker 1: For an age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but does the annuity every ever mature then yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, well there we go.
Speaker 7: That was back in the day. That was as creative as you could get in that regard.
Speaker 1: And that's when they do the Bobby Benia contract.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I remember twenty five million was it?
Speaker 4: It gets it was like twenty years after every July first he gets he gets a million dollars for like twenty five years. That's right, show tany does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's his structure with that eight whatever.
Speaker 5: Now, remember because he weren't going to start getting the money until he finished playing, and before we.
Speaker 8: Did annuities, it was Lord's of London.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that of London contract.
Speaker 8: And that would be your way insurance for the play.
Speaker 5: Well, he didn't want his money until he moved out of California and didn't have to pay all that state income.
Speaker 1: Well there you go.
Speaker 5: Yep, Well we'll see create. But again, as I pointed out when we were in the hallway, he's under contract. So it's not like, oh if he if he doesn't get this done by the season opener, he's not playing. He's under contract. So see where it goes.
Speaker 4: There would be well, I'm thinking, if you're already playing under the current contract, you got some peace of mind as far as your financial future.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 5: Divide so he's owed twenty nine million in the base salary this year. Divide that by eighteen. Yeah that's per game. Yeah, per game you're getting almost too million and a half game.
Speaker 1: Million and a half. Yeah that's not bad. It's almost what Everson gets a show here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, what's a cause for concern on this Friday morning as the team is going through a walkthrough session right now on the football field adjacent to us, what's your cause of concern here?
Speaker 1: Two days out?
Speaker 5: Two days out. The practice report came out on Thursday and it had Kaylin Carson listed with a knee. They listed him full. But that brought up in my mind, and we don't know the severity of it fine, and we probably won't find out until Saturday because the walkthrough I'm sure he could walk through today is And I've always been thinking about this after the dran Bland injury. Your fourth corner is now top three. Now who's the fourth corner if somebody gets hurting in again?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: And and this brings that to light because the only two corners then on the roster left over are Israel mccuamu and Booth Andrew both Andrew Booth. So mcamo has been there before, but he was playing safety until they moved him back to corner this year and he was playing this slot.
Speaker 4: So this preseason, he was in the preseason games, he was basically playing a slot corner.
Speaker 1: Swear he would be playing if they were to.
Speaker 4: Jordan Lewis is your slot corner, and so now he's has the ability to play outside, but he's he's your slot.
Speaker 1: Now you're it's almost like.
Speaker 5: You don't want to fix move two things to fix one.
Speaker 1: Well you could.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're talking about three receiver going against the three receiver he has.
Speaker 4: But the player that's been trained outside has been Andrew booth right and typically.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you guys thought about him in the preseason.
Speaker 4: There were a couple of plays that stick out, got.
Speaker 8: You to go that wasn't expecting network.
Speaker 4: They were semi down the sideline.
Speaker 5: There were a lot of touchdown pass well one.
Speaker 1: Was a touchdown pass, the otherwise.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know DB's they can be interchangeable parts. Man, it's not I wouldn't. I wouldn't really lose sleep over that because Ikamu, I hope him saying his name right, he can move from inside to outside easily if they needed a veteran with more experience, right, So it wouldn't be a big deal. You know, he didn't forget how to play corner. You know, he just you know, had been working. He's been expanding himself.
Speaker 5: But they didn't put him back on corner till this year because he'd been at the same thing, the same thing.
Speaker 8: Well, that that one, and that's less of the evils I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Right right, I got you, but that caught my eye, and you know, to say thing.
Speaker 1: The other one that.
Speaker 5: Has always been a concern for the Cowboys is who's your backup swing tackle? And right now it's awesome Richard's And you know he didn't play all that usually you like a veteran guy there. And what happened was they thought they had tumor and then he's.
Speaker 8: Out going back to the dB.
Speaker 1: What happened to him?
Speaker 4: He tweaked his knee, had a knee injury, and apparently it must have he was listed as a full participant on the practice report, but he was added to the practice report with a knee injury, which you assume it was either at towards the end of practice.
Speaker 7: We're in the competitive remember they kept talking about doing the competitive It.
Speaker 4: Was probably, I mean, it was deep enough in practice where they still listed him as a full participant.
Speaker 7: So what if you recall we were worried about Diggs making it through that that competitive part of practice. Right now we're looking they're costing who's having an issue. So I guess Diggs is okay.
Speaker 4: And we don't know the extent of Carson's. It was enough, it was enough to put him on a practice report.
Speaker 5: So the only other person that didn't practice was John Stevens and it looks like he's probably out, which I still say they're going to have a hard time cutting that roster to forty six.
Speaker 4: The other thing, real quick, The other thing about the cornerback situation, because in this day and time in the NFL, you see it every week where guys get elevated from the practice squad. There are a couple of corners on the practice squad if there was an issue at cornerback, where you've got Josh Butler and Keemon Hall who are.
Speaker 5: On the practice squad, and that other guy too.
Speaker 1: Do you want to say his name? A Moni A Moni?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 4: I got that.
Speaker 1: I think I may have gotten that. Right he was and.
Speaker 4: To see there's a fifth round draft pick in two thousand and nine, right, and was most recently with Jacksonville. In camp with Jacksonville, he was added to the Cowboys practice watch was cut by Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: So I mean right away that says, you know, depending on the confidence, and you know he may he can play through it, but you might want to bring up another corner or at least somebody has played in the least.
Speaker 4: You know who the place that Amani took on this roster, Noahogany, who's now with Washington.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys always have to say it a cornerback or they've got there both all the same, you.
Speaker 5: Think spellcheck taking character?
Speaker 7: Could you imagine that both of them merged on the same play on the ball down the field.
Speaker 4: There's there's I tell you this, there's plenty of valves there. You don't have to buy a valve.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: Then your tight ends that are going to be up are obviously your starters.
Speaker 1: And you're back scoon maker and spawn for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's kind of the way I think, And that might have been the way it was going. Regardless of his hamstring, three out of the four would be up.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, I'm laid on the trigger. What about Mew when he's gone, he's gone, He wasn't here.
Speaker 4: I don't think he got no he's up, he got picked up, and I can't remember what team he's he's wanting to practice squad somewhere right now, not to Washington.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know the thing with those tight ends, they go if you follow the tight end, It's almost like the kicker caravan where they work out every Tuesday. When teams have problems with kicking game, the tight ends get picked up all over the place. I'm a week I forgot McEwen was here, and then one week he got he was on the practice squad. He got picked up by the Texans or something, and then the next week he was back here. I mean that stuff happens with tight ends.
Speaker 1: All the time. They are very youthful.
Speaker 5: And somebody did pick up Hendershot to write.
Speaker 1: He got traded in Kansas City, right.
Speaker 5: They keep them?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes they got. They got some tight ends on that team that we.
Speaker 3: Got in a scuffle with Rocan Smith on the sidelines last night. Did you see that.
Speaker 1: I did not producer Supreme tell us about it.
Speaker 3: I guess he went flying out. It's when Smith hit Mahomes out of out of bounds on the Okay, so yeah it was hinder shot and I guess uh Smith said something after the game in his press conference. I didn't get the catch up, and someone said that he was saying.
Speaker 4: So he not only is was with the Chiefs, but he was suited up for the game. No, he was in street street clothing street.
Speaker 9: Yeah, getting in the game that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 5: And they also picked up Eric Scott and put.
Speaker 1: Him on the Yeah, now he's on the practice.
Speaker 5: Then put him on the practice yea.
Speaker 4: So all right, and mckinn's with the Colts by the way, al Kay McEwan is with the Colts. Thanks for that update, producers Supreme, and keep tracking that. If there's any breaking news as we go along here in the next twenty five minutes.
Speaker 5: You can air out for Mike McCarthy at twel's right.
Speaker 4: Mike McCarthy has a conference call with the media at twelve thirty, and the update that we get there will pass along as well. As we're just getting started on mixed shots for a fabulous football Friday.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 9: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says, less filling that's not what my script says.
Speaker 10: Hell mindset, We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Little Light is in fact less filling and tastes great. I'm Mashine Legal Guy. Celebrate Responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousand, three point two grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 4: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierroo's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As they schnapper, the Prescott who looks white, it's not there. He escaped slapped.
Speaker 1: He'll look for Punchtown.
Speaker 9: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 8: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com. Demiced Shots Angle.
Speaker 7: Rally Days presented by seat Geek give NFL fans and experience of a lifetime. The day prior to the Dallas Cowboys home games on September fourteenth and Joe activities at Middle Lighthouse, get behind the scenes tour of eighteen and T Stadium and more. Visit at and T stadium dot com Slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: Okay, big football weekend, and we've got football tonight.
Speaker 1: It's Philadelphia playing Green Bay down playing for their lives.
Speaker 8: Let's trying to get out of Brazil. Stay out of the streets.
Speaker 4: Guys ever since, always quick to point that out. And then a full slate of games on Sunday, Cowboys Browns at three twenty five. The Sunday night game, by the way, has the Rams playing the Lions in Detroit, rematch of the playoff matchup last year. And then the Monday night game has Aaron Rodgers and the Jets going to San Francisco to play the forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: Did Matthew Stafford play in the scrimmage at all versus the Cowboy?
Speaker 1: Yes? The joint practice, yeah.
Speaker 5: Although I think he was that the second one and he strained the hemp, the calf muscle or something. Trying to remember Stafford, Yeah, perhaps.
Speaker 8: How did how did that do well?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 5: And that they performed well? That's why I keep saying they ran the ball pretty decently against the Rams, and the Rams had their guys out there.
Speaker 1: But now, how much can you really tell about them?
Speaker 4: Well, they run the ball when they're not tackling.
Speaker 5: If there's a hole, okay, you know, and if you're hitting it. Now, the tackling is another deal. But it's almost like they're not touching up. They're what they call thumping. Try to act like you're getting ready to tackle this guy. But if you're getting through a hole, you're getting through a hole.
Speaker 8: The lineman.
Speaker 1: No, they're going at it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and if they if there's a hole created there, whatever you're wearing, do it was a legitimate.
Speaker 5: Hole, right Because I was going to say, did did Baltimore get thirteen million dollars worth out of there? Kenry?
Speaker 1: Last night?
Speaker 5: The touchdown he scored, you could have ran through it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: As far as the run game goes, which running back is going to have the most yards from scrimmage in this game? Zeke or Rico, And I'm talking including running the football and receiving, oh and receiving yards from scrimmage? Which running back will have the most.
Speaker 1: In this game? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That that changes things because I was going to say Zeke I was.
Speaker 1: Does catch the ball out of the backfield, though he does so if you want to catch it.
Speaker 7: I gotta say when they were last year together, for some reason they could not connect.
Speaker 8: What was what was going on.
Speaker 7: It seemed like, hey, this this is just a simple play. And it always seemed as if Zeke was compromised and trying to catch.
Speaker 4: The ball, or maybe it was because Pollard was the guy, was the and in that situation got if you want to get open yards, you want to get them up in the space. So they didn't get as much work done on it as they could have because Zeke was usually a checkdown after after checking the c if if there was a blitz coming in.
Speaker 8: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 5: And I wonder you know there's gonna be some two back stuff going on too, but I don't know if it'll be Rico, Zeke or the full back in there.
Speaker 8: I think I would say we go as far as you're talking about you.
Speaker 4: So you you say Rico will have more yards from scrimmage, and you say, I'm going with Zeke, okay, just from running the ball, okay, And so I'll go one step further against this Cleveland defense.
Speaker 1: How many will that be?
Speaker 4: How many yards will that be for the leading ball carrier?
Speaker 8: You know, you can talk about running the game all you want.
Speaker 7: Having Zeke in there gives me a little bit more comfort when it comes to detecting your quarterback.
Speaker 1: We know that he can do it right, We know that, and that might be more important than the running.
Speaker 5: And I think Rico has gotten better at it. But yeah, Zeke and well we you know, you never know, you see some one back with lip.
Speaker 4: Key, you'll see some one back with maybe yes CD, CD, there you go, or.
Speaker 5: They may ease him in since he hasn't had much work yet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the running play to CD is more simple. It's an easier way to get his hands on the ball.
Speaker 5: It's a shorter hand.
Speaker 8: Going to the sideline because you threw it behind me, are too low?
Speaker 7: Now that would be a good idea to actually get the ball in his hands early, is to put him in the backfield, bring bring him for you know, to go in motion and hand it to him.
Speaker 5: Jimmy, Jimmy's Jimmy's flying about. Remember James Dixon, Yes eighty six could run forever down the field, could.
Speaker 8: But hands were kind of Alexander and Jimmy one day.
Speaker 5: Said yeah, sometimes it's safer to hands. James didn't throw it to him.
Speaker 1: He was fast, he was really well.
Speaker 5: The Arizona game, remember.
Speaker 1: That's right, the one you screwed up My bad talking with the enemy. You weren't talking, you were rather.
Speaker 7: I have to hesitate when he said that, like, is that an insult? Let me think about this before I charge him.
Speaker 1: Were you in a fraternity?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I was not.
Speaker 5: I was not gonna purn No, and you don't they ask me?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: Contracts are getting done all around the league. By the way, this morning, there is a new highest paid cornerback.
Speaker 1: In the NFL, Miami that would know. That's right, Miami. Yeah, nope, that on the heels. It wastin for a day. Yeah. And now he's Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Ramsey, Yeah really yeah, Jalen rams Dolphins and Jalen Ramsey three years, seventy two million dollars. It's highest paid as in average per year. Finally, the cornerbacks are starting to They're starting to pay attention to the cornerbacks.
Speaker 5: The guaranteed well, and he's a serious veteran.
Speaker 8: I'm surprised they're paying them that much money at this point.
Speaker 5: I guarantee, I guarantee.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of guarantee, you know how old he is.
Speaker 4: There's the same draft that that came out and Zeke Game sixteen, I remember there was a the uh decision was to be made on Okay, do you take the running back Zeke or do you take the cornerback Jalen Ramsey with the fourth pick?
Speaker 1: What is it, Tody, he's probably twenty nine Soka.
Speaker 8: No, it's still good, still thirty one, still in this, still in this in the case.
Speaker 5: Of that, so Dig's gonna hold out because now he's not the highest And.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It was.
Speaker 4: Dick Diggs was like five years hunt a million and then all of a sudden in a year's time. No, now the it was the certain one was four years ninety six million. So there was a full year difference, you know, and when that's how the pricing is going these days, That's.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what happens, right, You can't. You got to be happy with your contract, and then.
Speaker 7: You know you did however you frame however you frame it and put it. You just the optics of what you want. That's what you want. You just wanted to look good.
Speaker 5: Remember I told you the Pet Summer All story. We were at lunch with our little group and Greg Ellis wasn't happy with his contract because he signed like a six year deal or something, and then when everybody else started getting paid, his was like, he's not getting much, right, and he wasn't happy. Some are all said something about, so, what's up with Greg? Why is he you know, because somebody just got a huge race at a defensive end. And I said something like, I said, well, you know the contract he signed, you know, four years ago. Now everybody's getting paid. He came around too soon, and summer All, in his imitable voice, goes, we all came around soon.
Speaker 1: You made.
Speaker 4: Which is right breaking news out of Cleveland, and this is not unexpected, but the Browns have now officially ruled out Jedrick Wills, where he keeps left tackle. Jack Conklin, who is projected perhaps to be starting at left tackle, is listed as questionable.
Speaker 5: We got to take advanage James Hudson the third.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, We got our picks to click for the first time in twenty twenty four when we come back on mix shots.
Speaker 1: In a moment.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 9: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 9: It is less filling.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 10: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Lights in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Mashine Legal Guy. Celebrate Responsibly, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Beier ninety six thousands.
Speaker 10: To be point, Jo Graham's carvers for twelve fewer cows and cards than premium regular beer.
Speaker 4: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the press out.
Speaker 4: Who looks right, It's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What do you waiting for?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: To mix shots.
Speaker 7: Come shop at the Star in Frisco on Saturday, September twenty eighth, from ten am to four pm at the Free Style Market at the Star, presented by maker Place by Michael's, featuring fifty plus local makers offering art, fashion, home de courts, jewelry and kids items. Please Market the Star is always a favorite. Admission is free. Visit the Star District dot com for more info.
Speaker 5: What day is that? This Saturday?
Speaker 9: Or next?
Speaker 1: Set? The twenty eighth Saturday? Three weeks from tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Ten am to four pm. Flea Style Market AUS.
Speaker 5: We'll be there next weekend.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Oh y'all have an appearance we do? Okay?
Speaker 8: Now our sports tour, Oh man, you didn't know?
Speaker 1: Well, how dare you know?
Speaker 8: That's like the highlight of everyone's career when it's part of the past.
Speaker 1: So you got two straight weeks of that, right right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, because you got the next week the Saints are here and then the week after that Lamar Jackson and the Ravens and we.
Speaker 8: Are just a plethoro what's the week after that?
Speaker 1: It's a Thursday game at the Giants.
Speaker 5: Yep, you don't usually have a reception for the Giants.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so that gets you up to speed on what's ahead. But what's immediately ahead for this team is a trip to Cleveland to take on the Browns on Sunday. And now it is time to make our picks to click in this game and who wins this game at three twenty five on Sunday. I know Everson has done a whole lot of homework, A.
Speaker 7: Whole lot of homework, that's right, been talking a lot of trash, yep, And ever since that means you want me to go first.
Speaker 1: I think you're the one to go first. I think tell us what's going to happen in this game?
Speaker 8: You know, before we go, I have to brag about last year.
Speaker 1: Oh he's been saving this for seven eight months. Okay, apparently on the roll, man I ended on the roll.
Speaker 5: Savannah came up with this.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys don't remember.
Speaker 8: That's why I'm saying what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I can tell you anything right now, but at this point I'm looking at the Cowboys and a heck of a matchup. You know, when you look at the problems that both teams are having and the successes that we expect to have, both teams are almost mirroring each other except for the quarterback position, unless Deshaun Watson has gotten it together over the the off season. I look for us to really offensively show what we can still do. We still have the talent. I don't know about the offensive line, but we still have the talent on offense.
Speaker 8: Have to be careful though.
Speaker 7: These defensive backs are going to jump our timing routes whenever they get a chance because they always have close coverage. So I'm looking at the Cowboys to overcome thirty to twenty six. I look for the player pick to click is going to be Dak Prescott. I'm looking at him to have at least two touchdowns and almost three hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, Dak Prescott, that's me. Okay? Is he going to click in more ways than one?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 1: It will his checking account click?
Speaker 8: That may have a lot to do with his outcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, and his output? So you think it's gonna be okay?
Speaker 5: Do you think it's gonna happen playing?
Speaker 4: It's gonna hat before kickoff, playing care free, there will be a new DAK deal. U.
Speaker 1: Let's come on.
Speaker 8: You know how it goes around here.
Speaker 7: As soon as we sign off the air, it happen today today.
Speaker 5: It don't happen as soon as I finished my column.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll save that.
Speaker 1: For next week. Okay, Mickey, your turn.
Speaker 5: I am thinking that, uh, these defenses, well, Cleveland's defense, and I'm not sure where Deshaun Watson is in his effectiveness. I'm going to say the Cowboys twenty three twenty.
Speaker 8: Why why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: What's going yeah about that? I gotta I gotta come up with a different score. Literally, I literally have to up. We could both share the same score. Okay, both be right, right, and more likely we'll both be wrong.
Speaker 5: My pick to click is going to be Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 1: Just watch, okay.
Speaker 5: He performed well in that second scrimmage against the Rams, jumped a couple routes and.
Speaker 1: Got some inside knowledge here.
Speaker 5: That's right, and I'm gonna go with Diggs.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna pick off set at least once. At least once, yes, all right, and the DAK deal will not get done in.
Speaker 5: European I'm skeptical.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, and this is not a good matchup for the Cowboys, Okay when you look at two rookies starting on the offensive line and you've got Miles Garrett, by the way, I was just looking up yesterday, Miles Garrett, just to give you an idea of the athleticism of this guy. Okay, Miles Garrett at six four and seventy two pounds, going back to my combine numbers.
Speaker 1: Ever since, you ran a four to sixty four and that's.
Speaker 5: Wrong to be six four two seventy two and move like he or.
Speaker 4: Six forty one vertical, a forty one vertical, and a ten to nine broad jump nearly eleven foot broad jump standing broad jump. And he had thirty three bench reps. Okay, thirty three bench reps of two hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 5: Pass offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, that's right, And.
Speaker 8: Scouts, those are the fact.
Speaker 4: Those are the explosion numbers right there. And uh, there are scouts who if you add up those three numbers. Forty one vertical, it's eleven foot broad jump, So that's fifty two points and thirty three bench reps.
Speaker 1: That's eighty five points of the.
Speaker 4: The explosion number. Okay, that is through the roof rare. Will you find any human being who has those kind of explosion numbers on the Browns team that tied end. David Njoku is another guy. Ran a four two hundred and forty six pounds, but twenty six pounds less than Garrett. He had a forty vertical one less one inch less than Miles, and he had an eleven foot broad jump, So okay, there's fifty one points there. Well, he had twenty one bench reps, which brings him to seventy two. Seventy two is a great explosion number. Miles Garrett blew the top off that with an eighty five. Okay, So that's one of the guys out of there's several other guys on that Cleveland defensive line that it's just not a good matchup for two rookies making their first start in the NFL.
Speaker 1: So having said all that, now go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, bags right now, he's patiently waiting.
Speaker 4: Somehow, some way, the Cowboys are going to win this game twenty three to twenty and we're going to talk about Tyler Goyton played a really good game. Cooper BB played a really good game. That will be talking about that, okay, because they're going to have to, yes, and for it to happen, they have to play really good games.
Speaker 5: And the Cowboys are going to be smart about where they place their tight ends on the line of scrimmage and.
Speaker 1: The pick to click the pic to click making his return to the great state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: Yes, as Ezekiel Elliott is the pick to click in this game.
Speaker 5: Okay, Actually, now the bar is.
Speaker 4: Okay, what would be Okay, we got to set this for me to be right on this. What is how many rushing yards does he need to have? How many total.
Speaker 1: Yards some scrimmage for it to be a pick to click?
Speaker 8: Rushing yards got to have at least seventy yards.
Speaker 4: Okay, seventy yards. Least he's going to have at least seventy yards and over one hundred.
Speaker 7: Total Okay, right, I'd give him ninety five and at least at least one touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's all right. So that's the standard that was for me to win.
Speaker 4: Zeke Elliott has to reach those numbers.
Speaker 5: That was my second choice.
Speaker 1: I was going to take Zeke.
Speaker 5: I think he's going to surprise people.
Speaker 7: Think that offensive line better surprise people. Then, well, that's exactly right, because he wouldn't surprise me that those numbers, because you know, I saw him do Yoma's work last year and that was tough work in New England.
Speaker 1: That was only a.
Speaker 7: Professional would do the work that he did in New England, considering the circumstances what he was under.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough time, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, that does it. And Gramblings got Tuskegee. Yeah, and that's a win, right, that's right. Okay, Mickey, I think to win the Battle of the Bands, and we're going to carry oh all right, and they're at Eddie Robinson Stadium on Saturday.
Speaker 1: The Zoo has a Buffalo Buffalo, the Buffalo Bulls.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Bulls and so that's a win for what. So Missouri's ranked like in the top ten are the nice nice okay, and Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: Players start at eleven. Then Florida State got beat and who else got.
Speaker 1: They got one of the best wide receivers in the country.
Speaker 5: Right, uh yeah, yeah, Luther Burden, there you go, all.
Speaker 1: Right, and oh you plays, oh you places Houston. And that's tomorrow night on the SEC Network.
Speaker 8: The Game of the Week and did not look good last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, better be an easy game. There's a lot of tough game in future.
Speaker 4: Uh and but the game of the week at eleven am tomorrow, Texas long Orange head to the Big House to take on the Michigan.
Speaker 1: You know, my brother is going to be there. He's a ut u t alone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's going to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they told me.
Speaker 8: It'll be at the Big House.
Speaker 1: Is your cousin don't be there?
Speaker 8: Hecky yeah Heckey's in Orlando preaching the words.
Speaker 5: Okay, some people covering the Cowboys that are being making the trip to the Big House and then go Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Okay, right right there, right there. Yeah, everything up there is close together, but they got to go.
Speaker 5: Not like they're not going on the charter, No, no, no, they're going up early the outside meeting.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, and so I got Texas winning that game.
Speaker 1: You got Texas?
Speaker 5: Yes, from what Texas gonna win at Michigan from Michigan?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, when we'll be back to review it all on Monday at high noon right here on mix Shots Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club