Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Well pleased now to be joined by the CEO of Roach, Thomas Shineka Thomas, good morning, Thank you for your time. One of the biggest challenges for the business right now is it the generics or the swissy.
Speaker 3: So actually, if you look at our growth rate in the first quarter, we are growing six percent in constant change rates and it's seven percent even on the pharmer side. So of course if you look at Swiss Franks, the number looks different. However, Swiss Frank also appreciate it means it's worth a lot more. If we look into our sales growth in US dollars, we're at plus nine percent. We have most of our business in the US, but also we have most of our debts and most of our spending in the US. For example, just recently we did an M and A deal in the United States.
Speaker 4: So I see that very relaxed from that.
Speaker 3: Perspective, because you know, we have a very good headch across the regions. Because there is also where I was spending years.
Speaker 2: All on very relatively in terms of in.
Speaker 3: Terms of your point on on biosimilar in the first quarter, I think the biosimilar effect was almost non existent. So I don't know what you mean with all the products.
Speaker 2: Okay, your relatively relaxed about that, about the currency effects, and it seemingly as well the biosimilars talk to us about the impact. Are you seeing any impact at all as a result of the geopolitics as a result of the war in Iran? On supply chains, on access to two inputs? Do you expect how to put up prices? What is what is the impact on Rosa's results of the uncertainty we're seeing in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: So as a company and to a certain parts of probably as an industry, we're less impacted by the conflict.
Speaker 4: Enemy is the one.
Speaker 3: The reason is that your energy efficient in the.
Speaker 1: Don't okay, I think we're seeing some slight issues when it comes to the microphone. We were just talking about your breast cancer treatment, Durrodestra, which I hope I'm not mispronouncing the data that came out in March. The stock took a significant hit off the back of that, and the consensus appeared to be that this drug, which was expected to be a blockbuster, may no longer be the kind of blockbuster the market had anticipated. Is that the correct interpretation of the data.
Speaker 3: Well, if you look across different analyst reports, you will see that the majority actually continues to see it as a major blockbuster. And why is that the case. We had a very strong data in the LIDERA trial that's an adjurbent trial, so early setting. And in this early setting, this medicine actually reduced to the risk for death or reoccurrence of the disease for more than thirty percent.
Speaker 4: And this is just the beginning.
Speaker 3: And in this setting, most of the patients are diagnosed actually early, and it takes the medicine for quite a long time. So more than seventy percent of the potential of this medicine is actually in the setting.
Speaker 4: And if you look at it, this is the first.
Speaker 3: New hormone treatment since more than twenty years, very tolerable, so you know this is going to be one of our biggest medicines.
Speaker 1: So why do you so do you think that March reaction was an overreaction because the stock dropped really quite significantly off the back of it.
Speaker 3: Look, let's let's see we are accelerating the approval. We are actually looking towards an approval towards the end of the year, and we see a lot of potential in the medicine, and let's see how it goes. We're comfortable with where we are.
Speaker 5: You're comfortable with there you are. You say it's one of your going to be one of your best selling medicines, Thomas, I wonder how it compares to something like her sceptin then, which reached peak sales from around seven big dollars. Can you give us any any more clarity about your expectations for this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a very good question.
Speaker 3: So if you look at her septum her sceptam, about fifteen percent of all breast cancer patients have heard two positive breast cancers, so these are the patients that would get such a medicine. When you look at hormone receptor positive breast cancer, it's seventy percent of all patients have hormone receptor positive breast cancer, so it's a multiple higher. And of those the majority are diagnosed in yadrin setting about against seventy percent. So you can see that the potential to reach many more patients than with her sceptin is very clear.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's the expectation, and this is going to be one of the first drugs that you launch under new expectations in the United States around most favored nation status. Course means that you'll have to price it in the US no higher than the lowest price offered incomparable countries. So what is your pricing strategy going to be for this medicine.
Speaker 3: So we are working very quickly with the FDA to get this medicine approved in the United States. And usually if you look even prior to the situation that we're in now, in the US, we always got approval about one year ahead of any other countries in the world. So the US was extremely fast here to give access to these medicines to patients. And so that means we probably have another year and a half to two years to see how that will be answered across the other countries.
Speaker 2: Thomas, if other European countries or European nations don't match the US pricing, would you withhold the drug?
Speaker 3: You know, we are a company that wants to give access to all patients who need these medicines, and a clear goal is to give access to patients also in these countries. But clearly we'll have a discussion on the value of the medicine. I mean, this is a significant benefit to patients, thirty percent improvement versus the standard of care, much better, tolerable, and so you know, we are having those discussions already, but again we have about one and a half to maybe two years until this medicine will be launched in those countries.
Speaker 1: Thoms is always a pleasure to catch up. Thank you very much and d for sharing some of your valuable time with us this morning. The Roach CEO Thomas Schineker joining us after the results from that company