Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily. We're always happy to see Bill Barnwell on the other side of a computer screen, although it makes us wonder why I didn't see Bill Barnwell at all in real life in New Orleans. Bill, What does that say about the state of our friendship and about kind of older male friendships in general.
Speaker 2: I think it speaks to the impact of AI on those relationships. There say a chance it may not have been me in New Orleans at all. It might have just been a hologram or a facade of myself recording with Nate Tice and Charles McDonald of Yahoo in front of it.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so you're doing other people's podcast too. That makes me feel even worse.
Speaker 2: I did my own podcast, the Bill Barnwell Show, and I had guests on the Bill Barnwell Show. I not do anyone else's podcast during my time at Radio Row, which I did not see you at.
Speaker 1: Uh No, that was That's what I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Who does not factor into the older male relationship conversation here? But certainly I feel like Greg, all that would have happened had we met up is you would have just made me feel old. You would have called me no sportswriter from the nineties.
Speaker 1: As you know, we won't do that, but we're I consider you a friend, Bill. Now, I guess it's like it's like work friends. But I feel like if you lived in Los Angeles we would get dinners sometimes, and yet there we were in New Orleans and we're just too busy for each other. I take the blame there. I'm thinking about there are a few people like that. Phoebe Schechter from Sky Sports I consider a friend. I didn't see her all week.
Speaker 2: Somehow I forgot you were Also, Yeah, you were probably just plotting your global domination. That is not just the voice of NFL Network podcast but also for for Sky with Sky.
Speaker 1: Just Talk Sport on this weekend. You know they would They won't give me the Super Bowl gig anymore. Back in the day they would hook us up. But yes, we did the radio and shout out to Will Gavin, who has a radio call of that Cooper Disine touchdown that's kind of gone viral among Eagles fans. I love that. Will Gavin is awesome. He's going to be on the show coming up in the next few weeks. He doesn't know this yet, but I want him on the show. Hopefully we can.
Speaker 2: I bet you saw him during Super Bowl Week?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I did you? Did you enjoy the game itself? Did you enjoy it more being in the stadium, because I think the general, you know, perception was it's kind of a boring game for us, those of us watching it at home.
Speaker 1: No, we are. We're moving off the Super Bowl here. Now we're late in the week. We're talking about most intriguing trade candidates. But No, to answer your question, I just wanted to let the listener know what the show is all about in case they didn't see the title. Because I'm very excited for this show. This to me is a is a cornerstone show of this offseason because I think it'll define this offseason. But I thought that was extremely entertaining. It was surprise. It was I mean, I picked them to win, but I didn't think it would be like that. It was excellence. Give me a good blowout in person. I thought it was amazing. Now, if the Chiefs said blown the Eagles out by that much in similar fashion, would I have been saying this. No, I probably wouldn't. But I thought it was cool. I thought it was cool to just see a team hitting on all cylinders like that. Just in person, it was kind of overwhelming, certainly affected.
Speaker 2: It was mostly Eagles fans in New Orleans and in the stadium. I think played a big role here. I think in front of a I mean, just hearing the reaction to that aj Brown penalty early in the game was like, uh, oh, this is going to be all bad calls against the Eagles. This could be a very dangerous, very dangerous super Bowl. But certainly you felt like an Eagles home game, or at least a quasi Eagles home game. Sure in a lot of ways, it just sort of felt like the why are you hitting yourself? Super Bowl? Because it felt like the Chiefs just hitting themselves over and over and over again. Had taken control of the Chiefs by force and weren't smacking themselves over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: But it's certainly fair we.
Speaker 2: Have seen a lot of that. I think it's fair to say, ask someone who just wrote a like seven thousand word column about one of these players we're going to talk about today and the potential trademarker for one of those players for ESPN dot com. I feel like there's a lot to discuss when it comes to trade candidate.
Speaker 1: OK, just transitioning me into that, and yeah, like it was. The game was essentially over mid third quarter. The DeVante Smith touchdown was the last exciting moment, but that it was enough for me. There There were certainly many Super Bowls I can think of that didn't provide nearly the fireworks and just the juice that the first half of that game had, And so I I enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm, like I said, got enjoy the hell out of this. Here's here's the format, very simple. We are breaking down the most intriguing trade candidates of the twenty twenty five off season. We're going in order. We'll go back and forth, kind of like a draft, except there can't be any bad pick trade we'll see. Yeah, it's not really a draft. We're just going back and forth. And I did a show yesterday with Nick Schook where we went through all the potential franchise tag guys and I'm getting ready for my top one oh one free agents. And my takeaways from both of those exercises, like where are the big names? Where are the good players? And you know where they are? Bill, They're all in this show. There's so many it's absolutely outrageous. So I will give you the first pick. I guess, who do you think is the most intriguing trade candidate of the offseason?
Speaker 2: Okay, so how are we doing this by intrigue or likelihood of being traded?
Speaker 1: I went intrigued. I went just to what gets what would be the most impact?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, that I'm going to have to reformulate this list.
Speaker 1: Then in real time, you want meeting guy?
Speaker 2: No, No, I will throw the guy out there who I just wrote this seven thousand word call about, because he is the most intriguing player on the market to me, and that is Brown's edge rusher Miles Garrett, who, depending on what you think, he may not be available via trade at all. He may not be a player who gets the sort of value that I think there is the public perception about Miles Garrett, given how league treats older players. But Greg, I mean the sort of one of the cruxes on my column was how many times do you see a Hall of Fame player, a guy who has already established a Hall of Fame caliber resume before thirty, get traded in the NFL? And that is a extremely rare proposition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know of any off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: I had six, okay, in my column, so six guys who were at least on the All Pro list three times before being dealt. You have Tyreek Hill, Eric Dickerson is the most famous one or the most prominent one. Jandre Hopkins came up for me. It's that caliber of player. It's guys who you know, certainly extremely impressive players, no doubt about their But even those guys outside of Dickerson not locks to be Hall of famers. I think Tyreek Kill Deandrew Hopkins will eventually make it. But Miles Garrett feels like a lock. He's a four time first team All Pro before he turns thirty. A guy like that has never been traded this early in his career. And so that makes this such a fascinating proposition, because if you're the Browns and you're even considering Miles Garrett trade, which they say they're not publicly, you kind of have to ask for the moon. And I certainly think there might be a team out there willing to do that. But for a player who is turning thirty, who's going to get a massive contract as part of this deal, that resume, even given what he has done so far, the league has gotten very careful about paying players this and trading for players this late in their careers. I mean, remember what Jalen Ramsey got a couple of years ago in trade a third round pick and Hunter along for a player who, admittedly I think Miles Garrett is a better player, but Jonn Ramsay was a little younger, had been playing at a really high level, and there was not a significant market for Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 1: That's a great point and that's going to be a recurring theme with all these guys. How much does the new huge contract that you have to sign hurt the trade value. I have a couple of strong thoughts on Garrett. Number one is I really believe that he will get traded really and I believe they're fine with that. I feel less strong about that, but I'm taking there Neil Jeremiah's take. But I have a feeling he knows things. This guy knows things. This is this is the ultimate guy who pretends like I'm just saying my opinion, and he knows a lot of things. I think they'll think it makes sense that if they can get fair compensation for Miles Garrett, which is, you know, starting with a first plus or it's multiple day one and day two picks that actually for them where they are. I don't think it's doing them a favor, but they would have to pay him now anyways, and I don't know if they think it makes sense to give Garrett this contract. And I think it's just a perfect combination of he's playing so well that he will have a market. If Khalil Matck could have a market his second trade round to the Chargers, Miles Garrett absolutely can now the record of guys over thirty at edge making all Pro staying among elite pass rushers is not incredibly great. And yet I do think Miles Garrett is such a freak in such an outlier, and it's coming off back to back years where he won the Defensive Player of the Year and then he was a finalist that teams will give up picks plus a contract and if it takes till April when it's draft, like, so be it. I think the Browns actually will welcome this opportunity in the end because I think there will be more than enough of a market for him because all it takes is two or three teams and look, he's your most intriguing Canada. He's actually not mine, so you didn't. But I think there was a clear top two and he was number two.
Speaker 2: Is there a line, like a line of demarcation where if the Browns get this kind overturn, do you feel good about it? I guess the first question I ask number two is do you think they should prioritize draft picks over trying to get players who are going to help their roster right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, ideally you would prioritize draft picks. But if you can get second or third year players that you really believe in, that's great too. I think it just has to be one or the other, you know. If Yeah, if you can get a second or third year player with an established, you know, track record already with some potential, then that fits into I think a younger timeline and that makes sense and maybe that is what makes the Browns do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought about someone like Rashaun Slater with the Chargers, where the Browns are gonna need a left tackle. I think that's a tough whow for Chargers. They have probably not, but they have Joe Alt who could play left tackle, at a high level, and they're probably moving on from Joey Bosa this offseason, which you have truly two below to at one edge spot. I don't think Bud Dupree is your starting edge rusher and an ideal world, Miles Garrett is Miles Garrett. I mean, Rashon Slator is a good player. But you know, would you trade a guy you're probably about to pay at left tackle for a franchise Hall of Fame caliber edge rusher. I don't think so, but at least that's the that's the sort of conversation I think about players you're having. I don't think Rashawn Slater's on the Block's not on my list here, but I think if you're the Browns in lieu of draft capital, if you can get a really talented young player at a position of need, I think you have to have that conversation.
Speaker 1: Totally agree. I also think Garrett going on every show possible. He literally went on the ESPN show after your Countdown show, after leaving New Orleans and going on everyone's show just like in his closet at his house on Zoom or whatever and was like trade me please. Like aggression I think does matter him being one of the greatest players in franchise history matters. I think they'll now look at it like, hey, almost I don't know if he did them a favorite, but they're not going to take any grief for trading such a popular player. If anything, they'll get a little credit for, like, hey, let's make Miles happy. We got to go. I got like twenty guys on my list, so let's go too. Though, we'll spend more time with the top guns. There are so many interesting names. This is where I'll and I think it's gonna happen. I think there's gonna be a lot of trades. Number two to me is Matthew Stafford. I don't know. Well, wow, well he's a he's a starting quarterback. He was number one on my list. I take it back, I mean he's number two in this draft. Well, to me, I think Matthew Stafford impacts your team more even than Miles Garrett. That's just how quarterbacks go. If you put if you put Matthew Stafford on one of these teams, like your Giants, let's say, I think he raises their wins ceiling significantly in a way that even Miles Garrett would not so to me, he's the most intriguing for that reason and for the other reason that I really think this is happening. I think there's something going on there. I'm not a reporter, but there's something there. Kelly Stafford, his wife, was on air essentially daring the Rams to do it. These things don't happen in a vacuum. Bill that there is something going on there, and the way that the Rams have answered questions, I at this point would be surprised if Matthew Stafford doesn't get traded. I think they are basically gonna have an auction, and I think because he's a good starting quarterback, they'll they'll get some picks back. Like would the Giants give up a second and a third for Matthew Stafford? I could see it, Like, I don't think no, I don't think they would do that. But would they take this year's second, which is thirty four it's almost like a first and like next year's third or something? Would the Rams take that? I kind of think the Rams would. It really seems like the Rams are getting out of the Stafford business, which makes him by far to me, the most valuable quarterback that's available, because I would put him a tier above Sam Darnold. And as far as I know, there's no other great quarterbacks available.
Speaker 2: I agree, we'll talk about some quarterbacks who are not great, who are going to be available. I'm very a treat to hear that you are so confident he is going to be dealt. And I don't think that's wrong necessarily, but it just, like you said, it makes sense that something is a mishere in a way that we can't see because from both sides. Why would a trade make sense? From Matthew Stafford's side when he said he was coming back, the reporting was simultaneously, Oh, he has a contract situation. And it's like Matthew Stafford has made three hundred plus million dollars to say pro is really you know, it's an extra fifteen million dollars in his age five hundred and seventeen.
Speaker 1: He ever left a dollar on the table? Ever left on the table?
Speaker 2: Is he's part of the bag Hall of Fame or an he got to another bag Hall of Famer later on in this show. It just seems like like that would be a really easy fix if it was just money, Like the Rams are not gonna blow up their team or blow up their chances of competing next year for ten million dollars. But Greg, the part that he seems even harder to me is why would you feel confident about this if you're the Rams, because you know, yes, you can get a second or third arm pick form Matthew Stafford. I don't think that's a crazy return in a vacuum. But you have a coach and Sean McVay who has flirted with going to the media pretty much every offseason except for this last one after they sort of got back on track and made the playoffs. Who doesn't have a great option under center on this roster, like sets in Ben and it's not you know, I know lest loves sets In Bennett. I don't think that is the solution.
Speaker 1: No, if there's anyone, it's Jimmy g I think they like Jimmy g but he's a free agent for what it's worth. But bringing bring back Jimmy g as has been floated as a like and then plus a draft pick has been floated as a realistic possibility here.
Speaker 2: But it's not really. Maybe they signed Sam Dartle, that's not out of the realm of possibility. It's just do you really end up in a place where you are more competitive over the next three years. If you trade Atthew Stafford, my instinct is no. But if that relationship has been so torn apart that there's just no alternative, then maybe you do it. But it just seems like it would be easier to fix this then make a trade, eat the cap hit, move on, try to find a new starter. It just doesn't seem to make sense for the Rams unless this is the point of no return, which is not out of the realm of possibility.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. That was my take right after the playoffs, that it makes no sense to me. I just think it's I just think it's gonna happen there. I just think it's gonna happen. I think the Rams's answer would be, this isn't Stafford's offense, it's Sean McVay. That there's so much belief in Sean mcvagh from himself and the organization. That Stafford's thirty eight has been fighting through injuries, maybe plays hurt quite a bit, plays through it. This year was certainly his worst year in Los Angeles, that now just might be the time, and yeah, that there might there might be some personal stuff here. In terms of, like Sean McVay is a certain way he wants to run his offense, and he's adapted towards Stafford, but maybe he's ready to go back to the way he wants to do it. You go with the next player that you think is the most intriguing.
Speaker 2: I have a question. Now we'll move on Giants. Anyone else come to mind for you? As like the Matthew Stafford landing spot.
Speaker 1: That raiders Jets tight? I mean really anyone but any one who stakes basically well, that's the teams that need quarterbacks right now are generally the teams that stink. Is there a decent team that doesn't need a quarterback? I can't think of one.
Speaker 2: Colts.
Speaker 1: Colts, Yeah, I think the New York I think I actually think the Jets and the Giants for the New York market. I think the Kelly Stafford thing of it all is maybe a thing in Vegas. Are the places like oh yeah, they just sort of make sense to me. And I think the Jets and Giants are a little more turnkey in terms of like they could compete with If Matthew Stafford is playing well, then then the outside would think because there's actually good players on those teams, whereas some of these teams, Titans Raiders, like, I don't see a lot of good players, all right, I mean, Browns could be in the mix, but I can't see that happening. You go for most intriguing.
Speaker 2: Next, I will throw a non quarterback into the mix. I will throw a wide receiver from Pittsburgh by the name of George Pickens into interesting, a twenty three year old wide receiver with impressive production over the last few years. And this is a how much are you willing to consider the right flags trade? Right? Because I mean, Mike Tomlin has done a great job of taking wide receivers who are drafted in the middle of the draft and developing them at the starters with some questionable behavioral attribute and then it's pretty much gone south the moment theayth left Pittsburgh in most cases, not all, but in most cases. And with George Pickens, he's younger than most of those guys, he's more athletic than most of those guys. He's been very productive went on the field, even in a run first offense, even in with terrible quarterback play. I mean, how many opportunities do you get to trade for a potential the true wide receiver one at twenty three years old and not have to give up multiple first round picks to get that done. That is a rare opportunity. And I think there are going to be teams if George Pickens really is available, who say to themselves, this is assume we have to take because our alternatives are paying T. Higgins. So I don't think. I think is a good player, but not as good of a player and has significant injury.
Speaker 1: Well, George Pickens over T Higgins.
Speaker 2: I think if you can get the George Pickens that we believe George Pickens can be. Yeah, but there's a real question of you know, is George Pickens that guy. He still has some rookie eligibility left, He's still not very expensive. And I think with Higgins you're paying full freight, you know, and for a guy who has been pretty much injured for you know, a whole season of the last two years. And that's a real concern. And we don't even know if Tigins is going to be out there. Ti Higgins might be franchised for all we know, And so I think you're going to have franchises who feel like, our culture is great, we're great coaching. It's the juice is worth the squeeze for George Pickens, and the Steelers might say to themselves, we can get the next George Pickens in the draft and not have to deal with maybe as many of the headaches as we've dealt with in these last few weeks.
Speaker 1: They're a rare franchise. You can actually see doing this because most would be afraid to. I would be afraid of trading for the guy that Mike Tomlin couldn't. Oh sure, get on board. Yeah, Antonio Brown post Pittsburgh, a little rough, sure, Deontay Johnson post Pittsburgh. Just at the wide receiver position, your guy Plexico there there's an exception, total pro and got.
Speaker 2: It well, was fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there are. There are accept but two recent ones where the only reason they're trading hum is because of his focus and anything like that off the field, because he's been excellent. And it's tricky. You mentioned he's on the rookie contract, So if you're trading for him, you're thinking, we get him extremely cheap this year. Worst case, we franchise him next year. We have George Pickens two years like twenty eight million. That that's quite reasonable, and then we see where we're at after that, that that's fair enough. That was a great pick. I wrote down so many names Bill and he wasn't even on my list, and yet that was he should have been. I'm going to change around him.
Speaker 2: So interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm going to change around my order then, just because I like it when there's thematic elements to the show. And I'm going to go with Tyreek Hill because to me, he's similar to Pickens in the way that it doesn't really make football sense. But the only reason that the main reason that he would be traded is it's just time that the course of the relation between the Dolphins and Tyreek Hill, much like the one with Pickins and you know the Steelers, has run out. The difference being, of course, Tyreek Hill makes a lot of money. They just gave him a big new contract, so it's not really saving them money, which absolutely complicates it. But it seems very possible that Tyreek Hill could be out based on the way last season ended. The way last season went throughout, like he didn't quite seem like the same player. It didn't seem like he was quite on the same page he pulled himself out of the Week eighteen game. That's the type of thing that happens right before you get traded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and certainly I mean pulling yourself out of the game. He claimed afterwards, any risk injury that should have been required season ending surgery over the summer that he played through, which I mean, again, don't doubt that he had an injury. I'm skeptical it would have been requiring surgery if he played through it the entire year. Like Tyryk Kill is still a good player, and he's one year removed from one of the best wide receiver seasons we've ever seen in back to back years with a quarterback into a tongue of Ioloa who we think is good but isn't exactly Patrick Mahomes. But again, I think the question is the risk you're taking on and the price you're taking on. For George Pickens, like if it doesn't work out, that's a bummer. The Chase Claypool, by the way, another guy we didn't mention, did not work out with the Bears. But like you're you're paying draft capital, you're second chap they did right. It turned into Joey Porter Jr.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And do you know who the Montes sweat pick turned into, no Cooper Degene.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, because because the Eagles traded up, the Commander has got Mike Sayer still, who's also a very good young cornerback, and the Eagles traded up into that Bear's pick and got Cooper Degene. But with Harry Kill, not only are you paying the draft capital and I think it'd probably be a similar price to what you pay for pickens, but you're also paying in a significant salary as well, So you're now complicating that. Maybe you're impacting your wide receiver om maybe those guys are going to want to get paid more. You have a guy who has been certainly difficult to deal with at times in the past. You're you're training for a guy who just you know, asked his way out of a game in week eighteen. I think that has to be similar to pickings. The perfect scenario. It has to be a situation where you're confident you're going to be competitive all year. You can get him the ball a lot, He's not going to be complaining, and there's not really many places where that makes sense. So I think he's going to stay in my own it's certainly intriguing.
Speaker 1: Give me to you too, your old boss, Bill Simmons throughout some one liner. As I was researching this, it was not aware that he said this, but it had been aggregated that at some Super Bowl party, someone connected to Tyreek Hill told him to keep an eye on the Chargers. Just the fact that people connected Tyreek Hill are telling Bill Simmons to keep an eye on possible teams, I mean, that's a pretty good sign that you might be getting traded. That's interesting. And then back to the Chiefs, I mean, I don't think he'll cost much. I actually think he would be more of a salary dump in that it would be like a third round pick. I think Pickens would be more valuable because of his salary and because of his age and the only way the Dolphins do this. And it might not happen. This is not the highest on my list of most likely to happen, but I think there's a pretty reasonable chance, like fifty to fifty. If his people are telling like journalists like to keep an eye on teams, it's possible. But I think the Chiefs might be like, yeah, like, if you want to if we can give you like a late third and we feel like we can get a great year or two out of Tyreek Hill, I could see that, And the Chargers make a little bit of sense to me too.
Speaker 2: Just there's other people for the Chargers I think make more sense schematically stylistically. Do you want to talk about one of those players, please go? I would throw Cooper Cup the Rams wide receiver, okay out there in the mix where Cooper Cup is thirty one years old. He might be a cut candidate. Frankly, as opposed to a trade candidate. I'd be shocked if he was able to get everything he has coming in his contract. But if you're Cooper Cup, the Chargers to me make total sense. You don't have to move play in the same building right now. Cooper Cup's strengths are his blocking, his ability after the catch, his ability to you know, work over the middle of the field. He's not going to be someone who threatens you down feel very often, and the Chargers have a guy who works out of that in the slot and the McConkey. But I think Cup can do that from the outside. I think his blocking plays up in a run heavy scheme. His you know, certainly his energy, certainly his motor play up. I think there's a injury risk here, certainly with Cooper Cup, that would dramatically reduce his trade value. But I think you can get Cooper Cup if you're willing to eat most of his salary, not even all the salur If you can get the Rams to eat some of it, and you're paying him on a one year deal for I don't know, ten million, and you're giving him a seventh round pick, I think that's a pretty appealing opportunity as opposed to Tyreek Hill, who also took a major step backwards last year, also played the rd injury, and it's going to cost you a lot more in terms of draft capital and in terms of cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's gonna be a little up to Cup about how he wants to handle the contract situation. If there's a team out there willing to pay his salary, or if the Rams, if it's worth it for them to pay ten million dollars of his salary to get like a fourth or whatever, it would be almost buying it, that's true a draft pick. But other than that, you're right, he doesn't have a ton of trade value. And yet there's so few good free agent wide receivers available. He certainly might have like a late pickswap type of value. And yeah, that the Chargers make some sense that on that front, I'm going to go back to the top of my list. This guy was third overall and we still haven't even gotten to him. Michael Parsons. I mean, this is like the best pass rusher I've ever seen enter the league, just in pure pass rushing skills, I would say he is the best. Since I'm using.
Speaker 2: You have Stafford ahead of him in your potential impact.
Speaker 1: Yes, because he's a quarterback. I had Stafford Garrett Parsons, but maybe Parsons should be even higher. You're right, you know this is not science here, Bill. We're just having fun. Our guy, Ian Rappaport my guy at least, I guess you have your own guy, Adam Schefter. But they pretend to be friends. They pretend to be friendly. I like them both.
Speaker 2: Let's not have me cash fillis in terms of who's my guy and who's not my guy. I don't think that's an appropriate conversation for us to have on this show.
Speaker 1: I like them both. They've both been very nice to me. Parsons, according to Ian Rappaport and Tom Pelsaro at NFL Network, was mentioned as a guy whose future is up in the air and that they've at least had internal discussions about potentially trading hum whether it would be the right time now. The internal discussions report came before we even had Brian Schottenheimer as the coach. But as we know, Brian Schottenheimer is not making these decisions. It's the joneses. If Miles Garrett could bring a lot back, just in terms of all the people I wrote down, there's no question of all the people that I wrote down, Michael Parsons I think would get the most in return, because just for obvious reasons, because he's a future Hall of Famer just about to enter his prime. You know, he's five years younger, four years younger than Garrett.
Speaker 2: Right, you're looking at the klu Mac trade and you're adding more that. That is the micro Parsons discussion for me, and that's fine. I think it's totally logical to have a at least an internal I don't know what difference between an internal discussion and an external discussion. You can't call anybody, I guess, but a micro Parsons discussion, whether internal or external, given that you have this sort of intractable problem with the Cowboys roster, right, I mean they had I think I've said this some million times this year, Dak Prescott, CD Lamb, and Micah Parsons combining to make about sixty million dollars a year, and they did not get out of the Division round. And now you've paid Dak Prescott, You've paid CD Lamb, Michaeh Parsons is probably about to get paid either by the Cowboys or somebody else. That's the interest is fifty year option. Those guys will be making one hundred and thirty million dollars a year for the three of them. So even given the salary cap increase, how do you make that math work where you're more competitive with those three guys taking up more than twice what they were on your cap previously. That is a difficult situation for anyone to deal with, let alone the Cowboys, who as m as well as they draft, have a habit of handing out some very bad contracts to the players they want to keep around. And so you've already committed to Dak, You've already committed to Lamb. Certainly, Micah Parsons would make sense as a viable trade candidate if you decide that that roster philosophy does not work. But that is such a difficult conundrum because you have you're going to get a lot, but it's not going to be instant impact. You're going to have to wait a couple of years. And with Dak you're kind of in the wind now mode. No, so it sort of feels like you end up in this weird space where again, if they can get young players, if they can get you know, guys who are difference makers for them, who are immediate impact players, sure go for it. But I think if you're adding you know, twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven first round picks for Mica Parsons, I don't think that really helps your big picture right now if you're the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's an interesting point because it's sort of a thought discussion, and we're having it. Is any defensive player who is making thirty five million dollars a year or whatever Michael Parsons will cost, and you're right, he's entering his fifth year option and he's not going to be pleasant with the Cowboys if he doesn't get an exchange in this offseason, is literally any player worth that money versus let's just say two first and a third and to fourth. I'm just trying to just do some medium Would you always rather have those picks, let's say they're medium to good picks. I don't know the answer to that, but I think it's reasonable to say, yeah, I might rather have the picks no matter what. And in that case, if Parsons can get you that. There are some teams out there, like there just aren't many good players in free agency. And the Patriots have one hundred and twenty million dollars in cap space, the Raiders have ninety, the Commanders have seventy five, the Cardinals have seventy, the Chargers have sixty, Bears have sixty. There's a whole bunch more. And this is before some of the cuts and the restructures. Like someone could go out there and afford it. They just want to find They just want to have to decide if if they would give up all those picks that obviously for the Patriots and the Raiders like that would not make sense to them. But maybe there's a I don't think it would make sense to them, but uh, like all it takes is one, right, all it takes is one.
Speaker 2: All it takes is one. And I think the difference between him and Garrett, for example, is you could draft you could get Micae Parsons and think, Okay, he's gonna be here playing well in five years given what history tells us about agent curse or defensive ends. And Miles Garrett. You hope he's an experts smith. You hope he's an ext Archie White. But it's no guarantee to me. If you're the Patriots, yes, you could justify Mica Parsons. It's obviously much tougher given that you're potentially trading two top five You don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: You need some picks. Yeah, they're just so high in the draft. But you're right, maybe like the Raiders add him to Max Crosby, trade Max for Micah.
Speaker 2: Trade Garrett, trade trade Miles Garrett for Maca Parsons. Is that we should be talking about here.
Speaker 1: This is insane. This is what's happening in the offseason. I tell you there's no big need names. This is the new NFL free agency, and look at it so far, we've done future Hall of Famer Miles Garrett, who a guy who I think will eventually have a Hall of Fame career persons. I think Tyreek's basically in already. Stafford's got a chance. Although it's getting harder these days. It's hard out here for great players and some fun other players like Cooper cup who was a triple Crown winner. Your pickets, We're gonna do even more good names after the break. The most intriguing trade candates with Bill Barney. But Bill, like if we were in that close friends, we would have made it time. That's I think what bothers me? And that's okay. Everyone can't be your best friend. But like it was like that one person you haven't seen him in a long time, You just you just make it happened. And we're we're not at that level yet, maybe we can get.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's the spirit of competition some time?
Speaker 1: Do you think, you know, although people should be listening to the Bill Barnwell Show, I don't. I don't think it's that. I think we're all friends here NFL, in the ESPN, and and you and I there's only so many of these little seats at the table, and.
Speaker 2: Like, I was only there for three days. To be fair, you were there for a whole week.
Speaker 1: I was. I got there on Wednesday. I don't know what I got. You know, I was there for.
Speaker 2: Story you did? You did? You did? Our friend Mina Kimes's benefit show.
Speaker 1: For LAS Yes, that was earlier in the week. So I got there late late Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was there Tuesday afternoon till Friday morning. So we only crossed over for two days.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you going to the combine?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to the combine this year because I think I mentioned this publicly, but I am expecting a child right around. That's right up.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Bill Barnwell. What a reason not to go to a combine. What a great reason.
Speaker 2: If it were in Hawaii, maybe I would say, you know what, we'll We'll seek it out for a couple of days. No, did I love India. I'm happy to combats in India every year. I feel like I don't want to miss the birth of my first child.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good move. In February, I skipped it. I went to the Super Bowl to watch Malcolm Butler make that interception. Just a couple of weeks after my son was born and then skip the Combine that year as part of paternity leave. I thought that was a good reason not to go to Indianapolis. But I will be there. I'm sad I won't see you there either. Maybe just move to LA then we can have those dinners, like can you do that for me? It's a good group out here.
Speaker 2: I would love to move to LA. That is a that is a off off conversation. We can have the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love who throughout the last one. I think it was me with Parsons. So you are up next, You're up next?
Speaker 2: Who will I throw at next? I have so many good names to hit a bunch of wide receivers. I will throw out a guy who tormented micro Parsons in years past. I'll throw out Deebo Samuel. Where certainly the Cooper Cup conversation, I think factors in here where you have some veteran whiteouts who are certainly available for cap reasons. I don't think Deebo Samuel will be on the Niners one way or another in twenty twenty five. I would expect he'll be cut if he's not traded, which whoa uh, look at their roster. They need to find money for brock Purty. They're going to cut him on hardgrave. Once they signed Juwan Jennings to a small extension, once they drafted Ricky Pearson in the first round, and once they signed Brandon Ayuk to an enormous extension. Writing was on the wall, and I think Deebo Samuel coming off of a disappointing season, a player who's certainly very physical at twenty nine now almost in his thirties, there's only so many guys you can move for the Niners to make the math work for a brock Purty extension, even if you structure it in a team friendly way, and so I would imagine Deebo will not be back, whether it be via cut or via trade. I expect they'll find a trade market for him. But that's such a difficult player because he's not a plug and play wide receiver. He's the best yards after catch guy in the league still, but you have to find a role that.
Speaker 1: Since I will push back on that, I am, I.
Speaker 2: Believe if you go to the NFL's next Gen stats, which you are familiar with this an NFL employee, you will find that the best expected yards after catch guy year after year is Deebo Samuel. He gets more out of what is expected than anybody else in the league by a significant margin. I think he's like two to one over the second place guy over the last five years and might still be number one even this past season. Now. He has a litley of injuries in his past, he's almost thirty, he is expensive, and he is probably going to want some new money on a deal, and so all of that makes is very complicated because you have to have a team that's really willing to use him in a role that makes the most sense for him. You have to be willing to endure the injuries, and you have to be willing to pay. I think the Chargers would make sense in a unique role given that they do run the ball so much and he is a physical player, but I think he's not just a plug and play guy, and the way that even a Tyreek Hill might be on the field, at least for NFL teams.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think he's a much more attractive option Cooper Cup. I think there's a lot of similarities that they aren't the same physically because of how they've played such a physical brand of football. Deebo hasn't had a great year since twenty twenty one before he got this contract though. I mean, he hasn't broken a thousand yards. Just the eye test tells you the juice comes and goes a little bit. I think he plays through things at times and then he'll look great another day. I thought the Canary and the coal mine this year were his rushing attempts. He suddenly was averaging three yards per attempt and he usually is five to six. You know, his first year he was like eleven. And I know the forty nine Ers offensive line in the forty nine Ers offense in general is not as good. But just the eye test says he's not the same player, and he's similar to Cup in the same way that he will have to decide how he wants to handle the contract situation, because on the contract he's currently on, it's actually a huge bonus. I would give more for Deebo Samuel if he said I'm cool with this. All he's doing is like six million and then another million and some bonuses. He's doing like seven million dollars this year and then his contract's voided. If he was willing to do to have like a prove it year. You know, I'd give up a third round pick for that. But if he needed a new, big contract, which is probably what he'll be looking for, I would say that that complicates it. Yeah, he's a good one. I really liked him. I'm going to throw out Max Crosby, who I mentioned earlier. He was mentioned alongside Parsons in this up in the air and the whole thought was Pete Carroll comes in. He was at the press conference. The organization is more stable, Okay, Crosby is more likely to be here. But they don't, you know, Rapaport and Pellisierra don't mention it on Super Bowl Sunday from nothing, and they might look at it like we're even though we're not rebuilding, they want to win with with Pete Carroll that they're interested in, just like what what it would cost to get Max Crosby. And you do wonder is the fact that he gets sit down meetings regularly with the owner like a positive or a negative for the new GM and coach like it's weird. He has an incredible amount of power, it seems for a player, and sometimes that runs its course, and his value is sky high still, so if they were ever going to trade him now actually would be the time. I agree, And so Ian throwing that out there makes me think they're probably not looking to but they're seeing like they're seeing if someone was going to give us two first for Max Crosby, we'd do it. That that type of thing.
Speaker 2: Have you been to the Las Vegas Airport anytime recently, Greg.
Speaker 1: Not since the Super Bowl, but I was there, And there.
Speaker 2: Is an ad for Max Crosby's like cigar bar with him smoking a cigar and he smokes a lot of cigars for an NFL player, And again, nothing wrong with that if he's obviously a super great athlete, but just one of those things where you're like, this is really the best, the best thing for you, you know as a player.
Speaker 1: Well you don't inhale it. I guess they convince themselves it's not that bad for you. I don't. I mean, it is bad for you maybe, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I think that's just an example of like Max Crosby, who I think is a phenomenal football player and someone who I think is has been one of the three or four best defensive players in football over the last five years. Like he does whatever he wants and because he's the only one of the few people there who has had any sign of relationship to winning. Over the last three or four years, he's carried terrible defenses to vaguely competent at times. They were tenth in scoring defense in twenty twenty three because of Max Crosby, and so as a rational thing, it makes total sense to trade Max Crosby. Like you said, he's at his peak, he plays a key position, He's on a very comfortable deal that would be a huge market for him. The Raiders would get multiple first round picks in the logic of he's not going to be a great player for the time at the point we are competitive, which is three or four years from now, that he's not going to be the Max Crosby we see right now, and he's you know, three or four years and another contract down the line when the Raiders might have a shot at being competent given how much they have to invest in the draft and knows where around their roster, then yes, it would make total sense. It's to trade Max Crosby. But that relationship with the ownership, that like the fact that he is the one player where if you go to a Raiders game, He's the one guy you see on jerseys, in the stands, He's the one guy in the billboards in Las Vegas. That's the reason I think the Raiders don't trade him rational or not fair.
Speaker 1: I do wonder though, if he wants to be traded, and he.
Speaker 2: Has said publicly every single time, I do not want to be traded most privately.
Speaker 1: But he opened the door a little bit this offseason a little bit, and then Pete Carroll came in. If both he was open to a trade, and I think the new GM and coach would be open to it, then maybe like they could convince Mark Davis. I mean, I Ian went as far as to suggest the team that he knows a lot of people in Green Bay. He knows a lot of players there. I was like, really, the fact that like Josh Jacobs and I think it was Keishaw Nixon or on the team, is there is there more than that? Maybe there's a defensive line coach I don't know about. I was like, really, that's that's the connection.
Speaker 2: First, the construct me use the Troit Lions.
Speaker 1: That would be good. Detroit needs to get in on one of these trades. It won't be Matthew Stafford. It won't be Deebo Samuel, but if they would be a great team for any of these pass rushers. While we're talking pass rushers, I'm just gonna throw out I'm taking a turn. I don't care unless you do. You have a pass rusher on yours sort of.
Speaker 2: If I have a couple, but go go for it. I want to hear.
Speaker 1: Yours because there's another at this level. And it's amazing to me that we might be entering an offseason where Miles Garrett, Michael Parsons, Max Crosby, and Trey Hendrickson are all available at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why do you That's the one I'm most skeptical of because it feels like they're trying to compete and in the most hopeless situation if they do trade Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: Because A he asked for it, it was the softest trade request ever last offseason. Sure, and then b yeah, he's gonna be over thirty and they have so many people to pay between Jamar Chase and possibly t Higgins. And again, his value is quite high after seventeen point five sacks, and he deserves and wants a new contract. Their GM Duke Tobin was on the record saying he has earned a raise in a new contract, and we will offer him a raise and a new contract. The problem is whether we can agree on what that raise in new contract will be. And even that one quote said to me, like, Okay, maybe maybe he's a little open to if they could get a second for Trey Hendrickson. They might just they might just do it because it's they don't make a lot of trades. But it seems kind of bengalsy to me.
Speaker 2: It just feels like so just self defeating, like, Okay, you got a second round pick for your best maybe really only great defensive player unless I'm forgetting someone on the Bengals roster, and you're you have a quarterback where you can win right now with Joe Burrow, and you have a wide receiver and Jim R. Chasey went with right now, You've invested a lot on the offense and you have hope that you can develop players on defense. It has not worked so far. I thought Joe Burrow's comments recently about how looking at the Eagles saying, hey, they pay everybody, Like, well, Joe, you discovered the difference between the Eagles ownership and the Bengals ownership and what they're willing to do to make their players and their organization happy. And I just it feels like such an easier thing to do to just pay Trey Hendrickson and figure out how to save money elsewhere, even if that means moving on from t Higgins.
Speaker 1: Bengals fans will all point out they have been quite high on cash spending the last couple of years. They have not spent well, no, that's the problem. It's been in free some of it's been free agency, some of it's been on you know, those tackles Orlando Brown. And I actually I read Paul Danner's article about this in the in the Athletic, and I don't think it'd be that crazy to treat I actually disagree a little bit that if as long as they spent the money pretty well on t Higgins and Chase and a decent return, it's not crazy to trade training and more important, Bill, what side are you on here, like Bengals fans or content creators, like we need more of these. Let's push these out into the ether. Okay, it's not just like BS like coming up with nonsense trades. These actually all seem pretty realistic. So far, we have not come up with like one that we're just throwing out for fun. These are all realistic.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, we will see I want to throw out. I have a couple of defensive linemen I can throw out here. Uh, both of them I think are not anywhere near a prominent as the players you mentioned, but makes sense for me just because of roster construction reasons. I will throw Jonathan Allen, the Commander's defensive tackle out there where you have drawn pain and you have Dreshn Newton, who has been really impressive as a rookie. Allen final year of his deal, now he's thirty. Commanders have deeds elsewhere at defensive end. For example, could you consider swapping Jonathan Allen for one of these edge rushers we mentioned in a trade where you figure, Okayilan's still a very impactful interior defensive lineman, but probably not. The Commanders don't need three of those when they have very little on the outside of Dorian's Armstrong with with Dumpey Fowler being a free agent, you have needs on the offensive line. You have needs a receiver that would make sense to me as a surplus position for them, and then Jalen Phillips for the Miami Dolphins, where coming off of another sadly another injury on his fift their options, so it would be a one year flyer. Basically, Dolphins might need to eat some money. But Chop Robinson was a superstar when he was in the field second half of last season. Bradley Chubb's coming back from his injury that cost him all a twenty twenty four Jalen Phillips his future is not here. His future somewhere else, probably going to be at best a situational pass rusher. Dolphins need to save some money here and there. I think Jalen Films would make sense for a team that wants to kind of buy low on a guy who looked really good before the injuries over the past couple of years.
Speaker 1: Those are two really fascinating ones. Dron payin you could throw in with Alan like it just could be an either or sure the one of these is intriguing. The Dolphins have a really interesting offseason. I'll just put it out there, so Tyreek, the Jalen Phillips decision I think is interesting. I would think they want to like, he looks so good in the when he's been out there, but these are two big injuries. I think they want to keep their guy, but you're right they could. They could look to trade him. Bradley Chubb is probably more of a cap casualty type of guy, but who knows, maybe they would take him. He also Jalen Ramsey like he's usually had expiration dates. I looked at the money though with him and he probably have to be like a that might be like a training camp one. It's a little.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could retire like that. There's a lot going on there with the Dolphins. I love those two shoutouts, and the commanders have to me are up there in terms of fascinating offseasons because they have so much money, so much opportunity, and an attractive to.
Speaker 2: Me, they're they're the Miles Garrett team. Like if the Browns are really trading Miles Garrett, that is the team that makes the most sense on so many levels for me.
Speaker 1: I agree, that's a great one. I'm gonna mention the two tag candidates that could get traded, which are Tea in Darnold and Uh. I don't need to go on them on him too long. We talked about him a little.
Speaker 2: Bit on this show about save Donald the great length in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tag primer, But those those two guys could could get tagged and dealt, and so the timing of that is a little open ended. You just have to have the room on your roster to be able to you know, fit them under the cap, and then you can hold onto them throughout the course of the off season, which means you could hold onto them even until Draft Day, which is kind of a soft deadline if you really want, or you could do it early. We haven't seen a ton of this over the years, but we have seen it, including last year with lugerious needs.
Speaker 2: So that another example as well, certainly makes sense to me that you would see those guys potential tag and trade candidates. Should we talk about Kirk? I feel like we talked about so many quarterballs and.
Speaker 1: We forgot about Kirk. Kirk, I like, did not. I looked, I looked at all the teams. I was like, there's no other. Actually, I wrote down Kyle Pitt's way at the end of my list as just like a fanciful one, I think. But you're right, that makes sense because I actually the more I thought about it, he could probably get like a six round pick or something. I don't think it would be much, but it'd be something.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't believe the Falcons really want to have him as a twenty seven and a half million dollars back up next year, you would think there'd be a market. I certainly the Falcons will have to eat a good amount of money. I guess twenty million dollars at the bare minimum for Kirk. I think the report of his shoulder injury I think was designed to get a little bit of that market flowing for him, saying, oh, look, he was fine before he heard his shoulder and we didn't tell anybody about it and put that on the injury report. I think they're gonna eat a little fine for that, But I think if they can get some more in return for Kirk, I think they would like that. I mean, the Browns made total sense to me here as a team where Kevin Stefanski work with Kirk cousins in Minnesota, they are probably in a weird spot when it comes draftan quarterback. If they love a guy, they'll probably take one. But with the Shan Watson probably out for most, if not all, a twenty twenty five. This could be a let's give Kirk a shot at a much reduced salary and see what we get with him certainly going to be much more beloved than Watson was here, and that could be a you know, if they don't want to spend a lot of money at quarterback, if they don't want to make a significant bet right now, Kirk makes a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 1: So he's due twenty seven point five million dollars in base salary. It's fully guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed bag Hall of Famer, Greg It's Kirk Stafford and Durel Revis. Yeahs, ballot bag Hall of Fame. Shout out to.
Speaker 1: Durel Revis in that twenty fourteen Patriots team. That's how I'll always remember him. I wonder with Kirk, though, that's that's a pretty onerous salary. I know quarterbacks cost more.
Speaker 2: You have to pay a good amount of it to get me stealed.
Speaker 1: Okay, But even then, I don't think you can be giving up legitimate draft capital in the year twenty twenty five for Kirk Cousins. So it has to be a tiny trade. If there's a trade, it has to be a tiny trade. It's more just we'll take them and you take some money and we'll give you like some day three pick swapper. Yeah, okay, okay, this is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be the Browns giving up a six round pick for Kirk Coussins and the Falcons et in twenty million.
Speaker 1: So I seem giving giving up capital for for quarterbacks coming off an injury. It just yeah, it's just it's just bad. It's all bad.
Speaker 2: But you have to do something.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're right. I've gotten on board that that trade, that alignment seems like it's gonna happen. We mentioned the Browns before I meant to mention. Denz Award actually came out publicly and said he sees himself as a tandem with Miles Garrett, which is interesting, like he he wants in on this trade. And he also said if Miles Garrett got traded, that would impact my desire in my future. So just a name I'm throwing out there. I'm just researching this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He also plausible trade candidates this year as well, if they keep done some word.
Speaker 1: In a position that like isn't normally available. The only other person at cornerback I could even vaguely think of was Jay r Alexander, but him and Joey Moosa went into my category of guys who don't have trade value. Actually, even though they're kind of intriguing, they'll just get cut, I think, and be a good shot to take for some other team. But I don't think they have trade value. Do you have any other names you want out there before we finish this show?
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a couple.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me rapid Fire.
Speaker 2: Okay, Titus Howard, Texan's right tackle who's moved to guard two years in a row. Blake Fisher probably staying at right tackle, but there's always a market for tackles in the NFL. I will give you one. I'll give you one very franciful one that I think I have to explain the logic now it makes sense. Joe Toney, Chiefs Joe Slash left tackle. Joe Toney, thirty two years old, entering the final year of his deal. The Chiefs have Trey Smith coming up in free agency. It's going to be very tough to resign him in pay Joe Toney a ton of money. But what if you trade Joetuney. We're probably not giving him a big extension after this year anyway, So trade him a year early, keep Trace Smith draft left guard to replaced Joe Touney. Seems to be a lot more logical than me than let Tray Smith leave, let Joe Toney leave next year and have to replace two guards in the years to come.
Speaker 1: Well, you can just trade them to the Raiders. We already know their owner thinks so highly of Joe Tuney. He voted him fourth place for Offensive Rookie of the Year Offensive Player of the Year. It's outrageous.
Speaker 2: That's not the most outrageous thing we saw on this voting.
Speaker 1: Greg, Well, okay, just right, you're right. What happened Bobby Wagner got some all pro votes or something that was bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I got down down ballot defensive Player of the Year votes if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that.
Speaker 2: Could be wrong. This is again during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm like half joking about Tony by the way, the Raiders would totally trade for Joe Tounyu. I was gonna say maybe the Patriots because he played with Rabel, But no, Tony Toney hasn't been around that long. That actually makes so much sense. I wish I had thought of it. Because I've been trying to figure out how how they can keep Trey Smith, and that would be one way that they could do it. Are you done with the rapid fires?
Speaker 2: I'm done. Give me your rapid fires to finish up.
Speaker 1: Okay, will Levis just you know, yeah, I'm not gonna get much Minka Fitzpatrick. There was a lot of like strange Minca. I don't think I was reading between the lines between some of the players and some of the reporters that maybe Minca wasn't on the same page with everything that was going on, hasn't been as impactful. That's one. And then DeVante Adams I mentioned on the show before that could happen. I don't think k MECAF will happen, but for whatever reason, fans seemed to think dk MECA would happened. And then here's one that actually is realistic. Jeffrey Simmons at this point of his career. He liked a tweet by the way that was suggesting Rabill go bring him to New England, and I could see them trading jeff Simmons at this point in his career, whether it was to the Patriots or any other team. It just seems like they're rebuilding and they could get something for Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 2: Of okay, we're gonna trade Jeffrey Simmons to a team. You know, we're rebuilding. We're not gonna win. Now, let's trade him to the Patriots. That's the team that is going to be competing with Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 1: You can't argue with the likes. That's reporting. He liked the tweet and then he unliked it. What do we do? What do we do before social media likes Greg when he had to report on stuff in two that I didn't, I didn't do any reporting back then. I just did it now.
Speaker 2: Back then, Okay, I mean, Jeffery Simmons is an awesome player. I think there should be a lot of teams in the market for Jeffrey Simmons if he were to come available. I just.
Speaker 1: The reason why, isn't. One of the things I did as I was getting ready was I went and searched the articles of who could be on the block during the trade market, and supposedly they were willing to listen to Jeffrey Simmons in the middle of last season. Now, as the Titans do, they've blown up their front office in between, so it's sometimes hard to know what carries over at the Titans since they changed literally every six months.
Speaker 2: What they're playing is yes, between those two, I feel like Fitzpatrick makes sense. It's also been like the veguest inklings of TJ. Watts stuff because he's on the final year of his team Steelers. I but you know, again, there's there's five other Hall of Fame caliber drushers on the market. You would think TJ. Watt does not make sense. But I mean, Herbie looked really good last year, Alex high Spid looks great. They have needs elsewhere. Again, I don't think it's likely, but I think certainly you could see the logic if it were not one of the most beloved players in franchise history.
Speaker 1: I am going to count up how many names we mentioned on this show, and then I'm going to put it in the title of the show, and it's going to be like the twenty seven most intriguing trade candidate. And what we're gonna do, Bill is We're going to keep track, yeah, and see how many actually get traded. Because I want this show Yea to be the flag planted in the ground that this is gonna be the off season of trades. There's just the draft is blah, the free agency is bla. You want to improve your team in a more significant, gout see way because your team's not struggling. There's a lot of cap spaces out there. You're gonna do it through trades, and I think where it's gonna be a great off season of trades and people are gonna You're gonna thank me, Bill, because people are gonna be coming up to you on the street and saying, remember that twenty seven trade candidates pod you did on NFL Daily, Wow, what foresight?
Speaker 2: How many what's the over under for how many trades you think will actually happen of those twenty seven players?
Speaker 1: Of those? That wasn't the number, by the way, I'm just I was just throwing out a number. I don't know what the number was, but if there was twenty seven, three and a half, no way more, I'm gonna go like twelve. I'm gonna go twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, i will go under twelve. That would be my official betting stance. Yeah, about right.
Speaker 1: You're probably right. Seven or eight might be like a better line.
Speaker 2: It would be great. I would love seven or eight. I felt so good when I had DeAndre Hopkins going to the Chiefs in October, and like two weeks later it happens. Oh Man, I felt that I won't thrown.
Speaker 1: That in Season one is different. I really do think the situation that is facing the NFL, like the circumstances, is really setting up for a big time trade year. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: That's my prediction. I agree, I agree, you think you did Logic Country. And also, this is the year of Howie Rosman. I think people are going to emulate Howie Roseman. And nobody is more active on the trade market than Howie Roseman.
Speaker 1: Well, let's add another name. Then Bryce Huff is available. He is not going to be on the egos. I don't think next year. I don't know what a wild turn of events. Twenty plus million, and he was inactive for the Best defense Defensive super Bowl.
Speaker 2: The rest of their offseason was so good that Howie Rosman might get a Hall of Fame votes for when he did this offseason, and the most expensive player he signed was basically in a relevant mess all season.
Speaker 1: That's why it's tough. It's tough pick up players. It's tough to guess what's gonna happen. It's not tough to enjoy this man, Bill Barnwell. Check out the Bill Barnwell So check them out. All his articles on ESPN plus what you Got, seven thousand words on Garrett coming up?
Speaker 2: I do probably tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Bill Barnwell, always the best look. When the NFL is taking back the trade corner from the NBA, it is Greg's season.