Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 1: Welcome, It's Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchian, my co host as usual. Brian Johnson up charge. Oh, I just like it be.
Speaker 3: I'm just closest there is that you are.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's a factor. I mean, Scott Fish lives on the total other side of town. Matt Harrison's out in the boondocks. Yeah, so we gotta you know, So maybe that's it. Maybe they don't actually hate me, which would be good.
Speaker 3: I was really soping you're gonna say. No, you're the best co.
Speaker 1: Host and you're the best co host. Absolutely absolutely, Before we jump into our breakdown of the AFC West and the NFC to offseason moves and the most overdrafted players, which is really a sleeper and bus segment. If you've heard the last couple of weeks, you know we're identifying the players who we are and are not targeting. For each one of these teams. Before we jump into those, a reminder, you can get my cheat sheet Guillotine leagues dot Com for free. You can get the premium sheet if you want to spend ten bucks. It's got all the deep dive data you will want for your guyoteen leagues and even on guillotine leagues. We've got a super cool new app coming really now, pretty shortly excited to show you the new mobile app for guillotine leagues, private leagues, public leagues and are super cool, super chop high stakes leagues where you can win thousands of dollars. So all that going on at guillotine leagues dot Com.
Speaker 3: All open for business.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, baby, Nothing like a guillotine league draft. It's so different. The mentality is so different, the drafting's so different, the in season management's so incredibly different. Get to work your fantasy brain in all new ways in the Guillotines.
Speaker 3: And unlike standard leagues drafting right now, if your first round pick goes down, your season's essentially over, but not in a because the all you gotta do is not come in last, and that still you can do that losing a first round pick, say in training camp or whatever. Yeah, and you just replace him.
Speaker 1: Ye, go to war Go spend some money, and Christian McCaffrey's on the waiver wire after week one, Go spend. You can solve that problem.
Speaker 3: Eighteen leagues are the best format to draft early in.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can because you can anything that goes wrong, so easy, absolutely, absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the FC West.
Speaker 1: Let's just start with Let's go with the Chiefs on the AFC West. The Chiefs are the it's the sun of the AFC West, and the other three teams just revolve around Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, off season moves that matter. Kansas City let Juju Smith, Schuster and Mikole Hardman walk in free agency.
Speaker 1: Those were not barely qualify as moves. They will not be missed.
Speaker 3: Kansas City did draft Rushy Rice in the third round. People are intrigued by him, big body, wide receiver. We'll see how that goes. Also signed Richie James from the Giants. Not an offseason move, but Justin Ross, who is freshman year at Clemson, looked like he's gonna be the top wide receiver in his class. Had the neck issue last year put on ir he could make the team. So another guy, I want to keep your eye on will the offense be better or worse than last year? Not worse. If everyone doesn't seem like it, I'll say say better. I think I like you know again, they're not gonna miss Juju. They're not gonna miss Hardman. She Rice turns out to hit by all means they're gonna be a better offense.
Speaker 1: And sky Moork has room to get a lot better.
Speaker 3: Guy More and Kadarius Tony if he can stay healthy. There's a lot of receivers there. None of them are my most underdrafted player by ADP by the way, they're all they're all pretty cheap outside of Mahomes and Kelsey, Kelsey and Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Outside of Tyreek Hill in the Mahomes era, every other receiver you've drafted, and it's been all of us. Every other Chiefs receiver has not worked out out for you. You know. Everybody else is just like I just I just want to I just want somebody. Patrick Mahomes is throwing too, and so you know, go get me Cole Hardman or whoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's all blown up. All the best ball drafts I've done. When I've gotten Kelsey and Mahomes. You gotta take them with the first two picks you can. It is not hard like I have stacked eight nine, ten. Why not like because you can if you got them, Yeah, because you can. There, it's not you don't have to really reach to get all these guys. But I'm gonna go with Jerreck McKinnon going off the board. Is RB forty three right now, certainly a premium in PPR formats non PPR not as much, but not as many people play that these days. But he was a league winner last year the second half of the year, eight nine receiving touchdowns. So just you know running backs, there's not a ton of bell cows, and he's a great pass catching back on a great offense. RB forty three, Uh, he's a value there.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked it's RB forty three, just briefly, because typically if you have the great December and playoff run, everybody remembers those recent games and that momentum carries over to the drafting the next summer.
Speaker 3: Well, now, Jeric McKinnon, what suppresses value is he was unsigned for a while in Kansas City finally signed him, but again, his ADP has kind of just been on a plateau, which is a I don't know he's a steal right now in my mind. Cadarius Tony not a steal though. He's my most overdrafted player by ADP. Love his potential. He just struggled to stay healthy, so I'm not convinced he can do that. What is his ADP wide receiver thirty eight, way higher than that got Cadarious.
Speaker 1: I'd rather take a.
Speaker 3: Flyer on Sky More, Rashie Rice, basically all the other wide receivers he can get later later in the draft. So I'm not gonna buy the most expensive wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the other end of the AFC West, Las Vegas a bunch of moves offseason moves. Darren Waller traded to the Giants, and then they replaced him at the top of the second round with rookie Michael Mayer, who was wid widely expected to be taking the first round. They got him in the top of the second round. They signed Jimmy Garoppolo went foot surgery in March, but is expected to start. The team has the option of cutting him if he can't pass a physical, though, which would void his contract. If Garoppolo is cut, here's who you got left, Brian Hoyer or fourth round rookie Aidan O'Connell from Purdue.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, that sounds like a Carson Wentz signing would be imminent.
Speaker 1: It probably it probably would, It probably would Tom Brady, or they just outright tank.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They signed free agent wide receiver Jacobe Myers, who is better than any of the Raiders receivers other than Davonte Adams. So there's that. Will this offense be better worse than last year? Well, they were twelfth in yards and twelfth in scoring last year, which is pretty darn good, better than I think most people thought. But this is gonna be worse and maybe a lot worse, And especially if Jimmy G can't go, or if Jimmy G's just off outside of San Francisco. Right, you know, San Francisco may have just made him look like a palatable NFL starter because he was dumped the ball off to all these talented guys. Maybe Jimmy G's awful Raiders made no meaningful moves to improve a woeful offensive line. Only Colton Miller appeared in the top sixty of PFF blocking ranks across all of their starters. On the offensive line from last year, and only two starters ranked in the top one hundred of blockers for Pro Football Focus. So a bad offensive line stays bad. There's not a lot to like here. This is an offense to avoid. The most underdrafted player is Jacoby Myers. Last year he was wide receiver twenty nine on a pretty bad passing offense. So he goes to another pretty bad passing offense, he's wide receiver fifty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love Myners. I think he's a great player. It was in a good spot in New England. Not a great spot here for him, but he's talented and he's been injured too, so that's what that's suppressed. His numbers as well, they're great. I love Myers.
Speaker 1: You know Mac Collin was He finished last year's wide receiver forty one, and Jacoby Myers is better than Mac Collins, who he replaces in Las Vegas. Meyers very guillotine friendly last year too, by the way, with just two games all season under nine Fantasy points. Super consistent last year. So Jacoby Myers is the most underdrafted player. The most overdrafted player. Conversely, Davante Adams, wide receiver eight twelfth pick overall. And there's a lot of downside here, as we've as I've already outlined here. Last year with Derek Carr, Adams did a lot of his damage on longer passes. He led the league with nine touchdowns of more than twenty yards out. What's the one thing Jimmy Garoppolo for sure can't do pass deep? So you were Jimmy Garoppol's not slinging bombs to DeVante Adams, So I'm really nervous here. Adams is basically openly said he doesn't want to be in Las Vegas. This is the rebuild is on. I don't like it. I'm out on DeVante Adams as the twelfth pick overall. Let's go to our next AFC West team and that is the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 3: Edinver Broncos off season moves that matter. Signed running back saman J p Ryan coming over from Cincinnati. Probably gonna be your weak one starter. We'll talk a little bit more about the running back situation in a bit. Denver also drafted wide receiver Marvin Mims. Some people are excited about him, including me. Tim Patrick should make his return. Blew out his knee in training camp last year, so kind of a crowded wide receiver room in Denver. But I think that that bodes well for Russell Wilson in company. I think this offense is gonna be better with Sean Payton as the head coach. One would think he could only get better. Kevin James playing Sean Payton could make this offense better. Compared to last year, it was just a total disaster across the board, starting with Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: So there's value every everywhere, right there is literally every Bronco feels like a value.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jerry Judy, he's got a premium on him. But I really like Courtland Sutton. He's going much later. But I'm a I'm gonna go with Russell Wilson. It's quarterback eighteen. If you're gonna wait on quarterback and just grab a couple towards the tail end of your draft, Russell Wilson quarterback eighteen.
Speaker 1: Hopefully.
Speaker 3: You know last year was probably it was a whirlwind for him.
Speaker 1: He was it was bad.
Speaker 3: It was it was a disaster. We don't have to revisit it. But he did close strong. He had a couple good games, allowed him to beat out his toilet totals with the farassing touchdowns, So quarterback eighteen with Sean Payton in town. Yeah, I'm buying Russell Wilson at that price, but who I am not buying the most overdrafted player by far to me, And it's not close as Javonte Williams going as running back twenty nine right now inside the top one hundred overall picks. It's a start on ir is imminent in my mind. And you know, if this season goes belly up, what's the rush bringing him back? His knee injury far worse than Breeze Hall's. They say, yeah, there's concern, there's this concern he could not play this year, and even when he does come back, the same goes for Brees Haul. They're not going to be the player you expect, not a.
Speaker 1: Year one, probably not. You know, only Adrian Peterson did it and a few others have done it. But it's it's you're more likely to get a JK. Dobbins season from last year who had a massive reconstruction and then he just limped his way through last year. That's the downside on Williams.
Speaker 3: Totally with you. So, yeah, that's an easy fade for me at that ring. At that point in the draft, you can grab p Ryan still a couple of rounds later, and I feel much better about that.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Los Angeles Chargers, a team I'm really optimistic about. Very few changes here. In the offseason. They drafted the kind of the air apparent to Keenan Allen, not stylistically at all, totally different guy, but TCU wide receiver Quintin Johnston. Once Allen retires eventually and probably goes to the Hall of Fame, the Chargers will have two big, physical receivers in Johnston and Mike Williams. They also drafted wide receiver Darius Davis, also from TCU, and he is stylistically like Keenan Allen. He's a long term dynasty stagh. If you're thinking about Keenan Allen's retirement and who's gonna fill all those slot reps, it might be Darius Davis. If you're in a bigger dynasty league, just keep an eye, keep an eye in that kid. Chargers made no notable improvements to its offensive line, despite finishing dead last in PFF run blocking rankings, but they do get Rashaun Slater back and after he had an injury filled season last year. This offense, I think it's gonna be a lot better, And it's just really this simple. Justin Herbert won't be languishing through multiple injuries that clearly affected him last year. He had the massive rib injury that he never looked the same after that rib injury, I think it was a Thursday night game. And then in the off season, Justin Herbert had had to have labrum surgery on his shoulder. I mean, the dude was just you know, he was playing so hurt last year. And then you add In Johnston, who should pay dividends immediately, first round wide receiver, and so I think this whole offense gets better and leading that leads right into my most under rafted player, Brian it's Justin Herbert. We love this guy. He is one of the five ish best quarterbacks in the NFL and maybe one of the three best best arms just on just straight arm talent. Justin Herbert's there. You add Quintin Johnson, You've got a healthy Keenan Allen at least for now. You got a healthy Mike Williams for now. Austin Eckler, I mean, you know, obviously that's hotter catches. So there's so many things that can come together for Justin Herbert the air bear to come right back. Do we have air bear on here, an, let's see. Nope, nope, no fantasy, no, no, yeah, you're gonna have to be You're gonna have to be the air bear. I don't have air Bear with me right now.
Speaker 3: Sorry if you said this. New offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kellen Moore's gonna bring competency to this offense that we have not seen in years.
Speaker 3: I love Gerald ever too, he's going way too late to tight end in my mind too, I think.
Speaker 1: That's a nice angle. Look what Kellen Morri's got in good production out of his tight ends throughout his time in Dallas as well.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like anybody is particularly overdrafted. Even Austin Eckler is going off the board in the top five picks your draft. It feels totally appropriate. But I'll go Keenan Allen at wide receiver twenty fortieth overall. As I mentioned, Hall of Fame career, but I think I'd rather get out a year early than a year late. On Keenan Allen because we're right at the bitter end and if he's going to have an Adam Feelin like drop off where you just can't separate anymore, then I think we got a problem. Yeah, So that's you know, that's the worry on Keenan Allen at wide receiver twenty. I don't feel like you're getting really a lot of value out of him. Let's turn our attention to the NFC West. We'll take a quick break, come back and talk through San Francisco, the Rams, the Seahawks, and the Arizona Cardinals. Welcome back. Paul Charchi and Brian Johnson with you. You can follow us on Twitter at Paul Charchion and at b t x J. Also, if you don't know because you're listening to the Friday Show, we drop these fantasy football weekly micros on a regular basis a ton of fun, so you want to check those out on the non Friday days as well. Deep dive on one player. Let's go to the NFC West. Which team would you like to start with?
Speaker 3: Let's get the Cardinals out of the way. Okay, Arizona doesn't feel good, does it? No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Nothing but bad news here released Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins. AJ Green also retired. Not that anyone's going to miss him really prime AJ Green though, Man he was something else, But yeah, that was a long long time ago. To somewhat replace Hopkins in Green, Arizona drafted wide receiver Michael Wilson in the third round, a guy to keep your eye on. But outside of that, not a ton of movement in Arizona.
Speaker 1: I thought they thought they go I thought they go running back this deep running back draft, but they didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna roll with James Connor and Keyante Ingram at running back. Will the offense be better or worse than last year? There's kind of a lot to unpack here because last year Hopkins was suspended half the year, and then Kyler Murray got hurt and Mark Ease Brown was playing well, but then he like, they're never on the field at the same time. But now Hopkins has gone, Kyler Murray unlikely to start the season, So I'm just gonna say worse. Basically, Hopkins is not there. Yeah, it's not a fun offense to target, to stack whatever however you want to call it. The most underdrafted player to me, though, is tight end Trey McBride going off the board as tight end twenty seven right now. I know zach Ertz is still there, but McBride as a rookie last year really started flash towards the end of the season.
Speaker 1: And you.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say he's better receiving option than Markuis Brown. But outside of that, I don't know. There's Rondell Moore, sure, but he's proven nothing. Basically, McBride look good and it's tight in twenty seven again if I'm well, we talked about Jolwanny Woods last week. These are just guys that all just grab two or three of them at the tail end of my draft if I'm not getting to Kelsey or a Mark Andrews or a TJ. Hockinson type. And I'm intrigued by McBride.
Speaker 1: Obviously, zach Ertz's status coming back off ACL is a huge factor. And he's as old real he is old. That's old fact.
Speaker 3: So I like McBride and I don't like Kyler Murray this year. Not that he's getting drafted as early as he was last year, but still a quarterback twenty two. I don't know. I just he's not gonna start the season when he comes back, you know, he's coming off the ACL. He's essentially a running back who plays quarterback two. I'm not saying it has a bad arm, but I don't think you're gonna get the rushing you want from him in a bad offense at quarterback twenty two. Yeah, if he hits late in the season, good for you, but there's just the risk reward. It's not there for me. So at quarterback twenty two, we were talking about you can get Russell Wilson right around the same range at quarterback eighteen a little earlier, but I'll take my chances elsewhere. So I'm off the Murray.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of with you. I like James Connor where he's going. Oh adp is I think he's around running back thirty. Just on ball parking that off the top of my head, and you get the you know, you get the guy who's gonna get you know, tons of carries in every game.
Speaker 3: Running back twenty eight, twenty eight. Thank you. Yeah, he's the injuries were concerned last year, but he knows.
Speaker 1: That all worked out. You know you're gonna get goal line carries. I mean, you know there's no competition for usage I like he'd be my most underdrafted cardinal. Let's go to San Francisco. The offseason moves that matter start with Jimmy Garoppolo. They let walk. They brought in Sam Darnold for a three headed battle with Trey Lance and the presumed starter brock Perty, who looks increasingly like he's gonna be ready to go. Also of note, they lost elite right tackle Mike McGlinchey, a former first rounder and free agency. That hurts, and he's gonna be He's expected to be replaced by a twenty twenty fifth round pick named Colton mc kibbitts, who is barely played in the NFL, and that is a sizable downgrade on the offensive line. Also of note, team drafted kicker Jake Moody in the third round and they cut Robbie Gould, So yeah, that's you know, for those who are still playing with kickers. Jake Moody looks like a nice long term prospect. So the will this offense be better worse than that last year? I think it's gonna be about the same because it's a Kyle Shanahan offense, which you just distribute the ball to your playmakers. And you let them go do special things Trey Lance would. If Trey Lance wins the job, it probably means it's because it's all come together for Trey Lance, because otherwise, if they just want like steady quarterbacking, brock perty is their guy. But if Trey Lance turns out like you can harness the big arm strength and the mobility and everything else, that would be some tremendous upside. But only if it all comes together and he starts starting at some point the most underdrafted player to me, and it's not close. Deebo Samuel going off the board wide receiver seventeen one, you're removed from being wide receiver two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the NFL just one year. He's going off the board at seventeen, you know. And last year, remember he played most of the season hurt. He endured three quarterback switches in during the season. And I want to dispel the myth that Christian McCaffrey eats into Deebo Samuel's workload. Here's some stats for you. Let's break it down. Deebo Samuel averaged the exact same number of carries per game before and after the Christian McCaffrey trade, and his targets went down by just one half of one perception per game after Christian McCaffrey showed up, So really he's effectively unchanged before the Christian McCaffrey acquisition rushing and receiving. Because I hear that about Deebo Samuel, people try to validate why he would be wide receiver seventeen. That's crap. Christian McCaffrey's not affecting his usage. He remains Deebo Samuel remains the best receiver after after the catch period. End of story. Use your eyeballs or use these stats. He finished number one in yards after the catch, Brian. He was number one in yards after the catch on a per catch basis by two and a half yards over the next closest receiver.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. That'll sound like a lot, but it.
Speaker 1: Is two and a half yards in per catch. That adds up extra out of Deebo Samuel over the next closest player. He's that special after the catch. Debo Samuel Weeks Wide receiver seventeen is a travesty. The most overdrafted player. I think you have to go Christian McCaffrey at running back one overall, pick three and no other Niner really qualifies here, So I'm just gonna I'm picking the guy who's going first, you know. And I have no new insight that you don't already know on Christian McCaffrey. But a reminder, disaster seasons in two of the last three years.
Speaker 3: Sant disaster, Super Bowl aspirations, and generally you don't run your guy into the ground in that scenario, especially guy like McCaffrey. They want him for the long haul. So Elijah Mitchell is going to factor, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 1: Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Seattle Seahawks, they made some splashy draft picks this year on offense, wide receiver Jackson Smith and Jigba and running back Zach Sharbinet really muddies the water for the wide receivers and running backs. Seattle'll also drafted running back Kenny McIntosh in the later rounds, more of a pass catching specialist for Shad Penny now in Philadelphia. But really by Geno Smith is all I can say. This offense is going to be better with these additions, and he's going to.
Speaker 1: Be your most underdrafted player, right.
Speaker 3: He Yeah, I have to throw an honorable mention to Noah fan too. I like a lot his tight end thirty one. I just like a lot of these really cheap. I mean, I don't know a fan gives me that kind of He could take that Evan Ingram type leap. I mean he's got the first round pedigree.
Speaker 1: And would have happened already. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was first year in Seattle. Last year he was competing with more anyway, but it's it is Gino Smith top ten potential and he's going He was.
Speaker 1: Top ten last year, he was in seventh last year.
Speaker 3: In total points, he was top five. He's gonna be played every.
Speaker 1: Game, that's right, and uh going off the board at quarterback seventeen right now, it's absurd.
Speaker 3: And they added that the number one wide receiver in the draft, and Sharbone is gonna help that offense. Tons, So yeah, love Gino Smith. Way underdrafted overdrafted to me is Kenneth Walker obviously not a kill shot, but when they drafted Sharbonay just brutal for both of them, but more so him RB fifteen. Right now, Walker is a great player. He was explosive last year, but this is gonna be a good offense. So he's gonna get his and Charbona is gonna get his as well, and Charbonay is.
Speaker 1: Built more built for the line.
Speaker 3: So I'm taking charbon Ay. If I got to pick one, I'm taking Charbona fifty picks later than where Kenneth Walker is going. So Walker overdrafted by me right now. Unfortunately I kept him in a woman in one keeper league. I was so excited about it. Now it's like, yeah, crap, I got to keep Kenneth Walker for a yeah, head scratching move, but for the offense as a whole, it's gonna be pretty exciting times.
Speaker 1: Yes, with sharbon A and Walker, you're never gonna know going into any game. Is this gonna be the game where my guy scores twice and has the big game, or is it gonna be the other guys big game? And I get nothing?
Speaker 3: And Walker's not tough that much. He's not a better pass catcher than sharbon Ay. They basically equal there. And as I said, they signed, they drafted Kenny McIntosh, who I think we'll see a fair amount of third down work on the longer third down. So yeah, I'm out on Walker at that DV.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Rams is not a good there's not a good offense. One of the league's worst offensive lines. Added to utility linemen Steve Avia with their first pick of the draft, and Alan Robinson was traded away. They didn't replace him with anybody of note. And really, the offense can only get better from what it was last year because it was so bad. Cam Akers took three months to get right coming off the Achilles. He's back, they get Matthew Stafford back, they get Cooper Cup back, so obviously the offense is going to be better. The most underdrafted player for the Rams by ADP how about sixth round rookie Zach Evans. The I think obvious and only apparent backup to cam Akers going off the board to pick two hundred and two running back sixty four. And yes, Acres looked great in December, but he looked awful in the three months preceding it. And if Acres regresses or he gets hurt, likely Zach Evans steps in. Zach Evans had a career average of three and a half yards per play, which ranked second best among the incoming rookie running back class. So you know, maybe Zach Evans is the is the sneaky player. When there aren't a lot of guys that I want from the Rams, the most overdrafted player is honestly nobody. I expect Cooper Cup to have a full recovery here. If I had to pick just a name for most overdrafted player, I'll take Tyler Higbee tight end fourteen because he's never proven to be a reliable fantasy producer. And I'll roll the dice on Jolhnnie Woods.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, that's my guy. Pukah Nakua is getting a little steam is eat rookie wide or receiver?
Speaker 1: Well, there's gonna be an There's gonna be opportunities out opposite Cooper companies. Nobody else has worked out. Van Jefferson's been a pretty bitter disappointment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Thank you for listening, everybody. We'll be back next week as we break down our final set of teams. That would be the North right, well, the AFC and NFC North coming up next week. Thanks for listening. Back back next week, everybody, Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.