Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: How do you handle that growth moving forward in a.
Speaker 1: Very disciplined way. I think we've been growing for so long. You have to make sure that the growth that we have to come, and we are still growing both from a residence and a commercial side, that we do it in a very disciplined, smart way that helps the current residence of Frisco.
Speaker 2: One thing I found very interesting about your platform was shifting new development to reinvestment. What does that look like?
Speaker 1: You know, Frisco's grown so fast, but there are parts of Frisco that are twenty, twenty five, thirty years old right next to places that are brand new or within the last five years, and so city leadership and there's already a plan for this in place, will definitely be spending time and focus on on making sure we're paying attention to some of the areas of Frisco that are a little bit older, that were built at a different time in Frisco and making sure we're giving them the attention they need.
Speaker 2: When you look at something like the Star, you have the Star, then you have Toyota Stadium, you have FC Dallas playing there. Of course, you have the Soccer Hall of Fame. Now you have Universal Kids resorts, Is it time really to focus more on the downtown.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you can do both. Downtown focus is certainly a passion of mine, It's a desire, frankly of many in the city. It's something that during my time I'm definitely going to make a focus of just because it's unique. You mentioned all these big projects and big things that are great for the city of Frisco. Downtown and then Tyre, what we call the Royal District is something that will definitely be a focus in the coming years.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the reason that Frisco was able to grow so quickly?
Speaker 1: A few things. We have an educated community, we have great schools in Frisco, and we also are a very safe community. And you combine those two things over time, it creates an environment that people notice and that people want to move to. And I think we've seen that for years and we're experiencing that even to this day.
Speaker 2: Overall, the big vision, let's look at your time and office, your big vision.
Speaker 1: Goodness, you know, we've had so much success and so much growth. I really want to make sure we as a city stay focused on what we're doing to attract good families to the City of Risco and good businesses, and so if we're successful at that, then I would consider my role and my job as success.
Speaker 2: You know, you're surrounded by large cities. You've got Plano, of course, the city of Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington. What is it like competing and how do you get that edge to get the business is to come to Frisco.
Speaker 1: It's like I mentioned, you know, we have certain advantages that we have to make sure we keep. To your point, it's a very competitive environment out there amongst cities right now. And so as long as we focus on keeping the City of Frisco safe, keeping growth managed, disciplined, keeping our infrastructure up to speed, keeping our schools in Frisco strong, I think we will continue to attract good businesses to the city.
Speaker 2: Biggest challenges moving ahead competition.
Speaker 1: I think other cities and states are catching up to Texas as a whole, the city of Frisco, and so we have to make sure we stay ahead of the curve.
Speaker 2: You you come into this, you want to run off. There have been some ethnic divisions, there have been some very heated meetings in your city. What do you do to bring everybody together.
Speaker 1: You stay focused on how you improve the lie of the residents of the City of Frisco, on how we as city leadership can improve and help and make smart decisions that improve the lives of our residents. And I have to your point, through either the campaign or even now, I've kind of just stayed on course. I don't engage in a lot of issues that I think are outside of what I can control. And I think it's proven to be successful and that's certainly something I intend.
Speaker 2: To do before we let you go. It is interesting to see how Frisco has really become an area. It's a destination for sports for people that love sports.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I think that's been beneficial to the city. I think you talk about like with FIFA right now in the Soccer Hall of Fame, or you think about the Star. It puts Frisco on the map and allows us a platform to grow in a lot of other ways. And so I think it's been a very smart initiative by the city for years, and I think it will continue to pay dividends as we grow.
Speaker 2: And we talked to you a little bit earlier. You are an attorney by trade and you specifically said I'm not a politician. Yes, so I'd like to know as you're getting sworn in and you're looking out, you know what goes through your mind.
Speaker 1: You know when you don't come from a place of politics for a long time, you know you are in the in the perspective of how do I develop a relationship, how do I strengthen a relationship? And that's something that I think will help not just me and my role of mayor, but also in partnerships with future business, working with our regional partners, working with our other elected officials. I hope that that ends up being a benefit to the City of Frisco and something that I can bring.
Speaker 2: To the table well as a former director of the Economic Development Corporation, you were the president of the school board.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that prepared you absolutely. Those are two of the things that I think right now in twenty twenty six are magnets to the City of Frisco, And those are two things that I have personal knowledge of recently and right now, and so I certainly hope it's prepared me. I think it has, and I think it makes the potential for Frisco very high.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Mayor thank you for your time.