Speaker 1: What's up, Brindos and welcome back to leading off the brand new week And no Joe, that's right, it's Welsh and the Scott Bogman in the house as Joe is recovering.
Speaker 2: From Wressel Madia.
Speaker 3: That's right. It's pretty good. Like yeah, man, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just realized as I said that maybe that's not the best voice to be able to do. But what's up everybody. Thank you guys for hanging out and welcome in. We got a lot to cover. We're gonna be covering all the weekend stuff. I got brand new trade video which we're going to be talking about. We've got our best bets, bagman. I was on an absolute tear. I don't know. I'll tell you it was good enough my bet streak to have multiple internal Fantasy Pros people hit me up about like hey do you have a quick link and hey, what's your username because we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Promote you all this, all these new followers.
Speaker 1: I went from like one hundred followers on the Betting Pros app over three hundred in like twelve excellent Saturday. They all came great day, screeching halt on Sunday, absolute screeching holt. My eight day technically nine day streak went with lots of units and just absolutely waxed yesterday box.
Speaker 4: This reminds me of the Advent Calendar and bad Sanna when he like opens it up and it's at he's like aspirin. He's like, well, it can't all be winners, can they?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: You know some days you know, Sundays are for the boys. They say Sundays are for fab instead of winning bets. Maybe, but you are on a heater. Well, so I would absolutely be following the Welsh and following along on his bets.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see, we'll see. We can pick it back up looking forward to it. And if you guys want always know that our episodes are brought to you by Leading Off is presented.
Speaker 3: I bet three six five.
Speaker 1: That's right, Go and check them out today because you can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets.
Speaker 3: They got one thousand dollars safety net on first bets and bonus bets.
Speaker 5: Oh my.
Speaker 1: You get to choose your offer, you get to get rocking. You can tail us tail whoever, get your own bets set, whether it's props or whatever. Go and check them out at BET three six five promo code leading off our wonderful sponsor here at leading off. So bugs, by the way, little bit of an eclipse today. Are you are you of the like that like chaos is going to ensue or do you just want to like stand out with the minions and just watch the sun get blocked for like twelve seconds?
Speaker 2: No, I want, I want to watch it. It's it's a cool event.
Speaker 4: I'm you know, I'm in Texas now, so I'm like right in the path of it.
Speaker 3: So what do they call that? Don't they have a name? They're like it's like the path.
Speaker 2: Of yes, and it's where the rapture is somewhere.
Speaker 1: There's some think they have like a specific name for I'll get nothing to the eclipse path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'll get nothing in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: But rain, lots of rain on the horizon today, so there is a possibility to get.
Speaker 3: Rid event horizon. I think that's what's what it's called, like event horizon.
Speaker 2: The event horizon is a Sam Jackson hole.
Speaker 4: So uh but uh, but yeah, it's it's not an eclipse event. Horizon is for the black Hole. But uh yeah, the it won't. I'm just saying, you know, but it is going to be interesting. I'm excited about it. Hopefully it means that uh maybe will be reverse day and my bets will finally hit today.
Speaker 2: So that's what we're hoping for.
Speaker 3: That would be sweet.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get into all this stuff. Totality that is it. Go cards, got it? It is the path of totality. That is the name that it has been given. I'll have none of it today, but and I'll be in a meeting, so I won't be.
Speaker 3: Able to check it out.
Speaker 1: But I hope you guys all enjoy your path of Totality today and hopefully Joey is doing the same.
Speaker 4: Coming on movie, they move the Yankee game back because of it. I saw, yeah, you know, four hours, so it was gonna be weird.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Here comes Aaron Judge up to bat and the whole stadium is dark.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: I actually wish they would have done it, because then we could have had, like we could have just had like a whole season of weird anomalies, like I love that one where it was glabor Torres just batting through the earthquake. If you see that video where when the earthquake was going on, he was taking VP and he just never stopped. I just want, like disastrous events for players to just keep playing for We have the snow game the other day.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well remember it looked like the apocalypse when they had the wildfires near Oakland and everything was red in the background.
Speaker 2: That was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do actually remember. But like I said, we get into the stuff.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Cody Rhodes and Joe who are best friends or whatever, and I know he's excited that the story is finished in WrestleMania and all the chaos that went on. We'll probably hear all about it tomorrow, as Joe went to both days.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about some baseball. They got some fantasy baseball.
Speaker 1: All your favorite pitchers are gone, all your favorite players are gone. Over the weekend since we last talk to you. I don't think we had all of these. We have some finality. We lost Spencer Strider, which is brutal. It's absolutely brutal. We lost Shane Bieber confirmed Shane Bieber, Tommy John not confirmed Tommy John for spencerider ucl injury. The other big injury and I'm throwing these all in here, is Luis Robert, because we now have about a three month timeline even potentially for with a severe hip flexer. So, I mean, how are you managing like is? I don't know if there's anything to take away. There's yea course about the pitching side and all these guys getting hurt. We lost Garrett Cole, Strider's going to be out. Strider's a cut at this point, he's probably it's probably inevitable to Tommy John. It's not worth hanging on to unless you've got I. L's Bieber is done. God knows what's going to go on with Cole, and then you throw on top of it lou Bob, which is going to be two to three months. And really there's even some discourse around like how much could or if for will he played all this season?
Speaker 3: With where the White Sox are.
Speaker 4: Heading, Yeah, I mean it doesn't look good for the White Sox. Crochet has been great, but other than that, you know, and they lost lou Bob and Eloy you know, not as severe obviously, but he just went on the IL as well. So you pull like the two best power bats out of that lineup and it was already bad and now it's really bad. So uh, it's a tough break in Strider too. I mean, I don't know. Something has to be done. Maybe they do need to scrap the pitch clock. I don't know, but you can't keep having star pitchers not playing full seasons or in crunch time when it matters the most or whatever. It is insane. You do you think it's Do you think it's about the pitch clock? Do you really truly?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I don't think that that's the cause, and know the MLBPA seem to think that that's the cause, and you know there is correlation. I have no idea if it is causation, but something needs to be fixed. We can't keep losing all these pitchers. But I mean they're not going to change it. You know, numbers are up and all that stuff. So I guess we just have to We're gonna have to switch back to six man rotations or seven man rotations or something like. They just then needs to be an adjustment so that we quit losing these pitchers. And no adjustment's going to you know, baseball is always the last to adjust, so none of that stuff is going to happen. It's going to take a while for teams to get creative or you know, pitchers coming up through the minor leagues will start to get used to it because this is the process. It's just not the process for the guys that have pitched already. Maybe that's part of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think it's a solution. I think it's a perfect storm. I don't think it is one thing.
Speaker 1: I think everybody like I see like I think it's no go cards in here is like No, it's the pitch effort. It's the max pitch effort. And then there's some people it's the pitch clock. I think it's all other things. I don't think it is one specific thing. I think it is the combination of these ingredients that are creating an explosive injury.
Speaker 2: Bug.
Speaker 1: I think it is max effort with the way these guys are approaching even training, not just like from a max effort on the mound and the training, and then you take on pitch clock with you know, no ability to have any rest in between, or just I mean you take on top of it also pitch selection in the type of pitches I'm watching a lot of guys talking about, you know, how they're throwing and the certain type of pitches they're throwing and what it does to their arm. Tyler there's a great video of Tyler Glass now talking about how even pitch grip. There's the other one was like spidertack in the way that they're having to hold the ball causing I think so. I think it's a combination of all of these things. But as I'm gonna discuss in a trade video I've got coming up, which should be posted in the next like twenty four hours, is you I think you're gonna have two things that are gonna happen in your league. I think you're gonna have people that are going to grip as tight as they possibly can, like they don't have spidertack onto their starting pitchers in their league, and they will be so difficult to trade for.
Speaker 3: Or you're gonna have the inverse.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have teams and fantasy owners that are just going to be like whatever, I got to get off of these guys. I got to get off the top guys, and I got them be able to capitalize on two for ones and three for ones and stuff like that, And I don't really know exactly how to give the best advice because I think it literally leagues are going to be split like that. I don't think there's gonna be a lot of middle I think it's gonna be grip hold tight to your starting pictures or be more willing to move.
Speaker 4: Them, which means not a lot changes, right Like, because you have half the crowd overreacting one way, half the crowd overreacting the other way, it's probably going to be about the same, which is why nothing changes.
Speaker 3: We got something has to change here. So you know, say, what what side are you on that? Are you going to hold tighter or do you want to move off of your start?
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I want to move off my starters, but I'm much more willing to trade them at this point because there's just all getting hurt.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm more willing to trade my pictures right now.
Speaker 1: Man, I think you might be right. I might be a little bit more like myself. Like you were saying, like, not a lot of changes, I think like the tippy top, guys, I'm not willing to trade as much.
Speaker 3: But you know, here's the funny thing.
Speaker 1: The guys that I love the most are the guys that I think are maybe a least susceptible to a lot of these injuries. Are these like command based pitchers. I love George Kirby, I love Logan web Like. I think those are the safety guys. Those are the guys that I want to go quiet, And luckily some of them are struggling right now, so they're a quie rable. So those would probably be the guys that I move. But I think, like middle line pitching, I'm willing to capitalize on Garrett Crochet, Jared Jones, guys that are popping. Maybe they're free and you should kind of hold tight to them filling out your roster. But if someone's willing to pay a king's ransom, it's something I would think about. Another one of those guys maybe that's starting to pop up, is Ronel Blanco, who was great again. He had another like five innings of no hit. He allowed one hit, four walks over six shutout innings. I think he went another five. He had just five swing and misses though ninety pitches CSW of twenty seven percent. It's okay, but he hasn't given up a run. He's got a point four to seven whip an eleven eleven to six k to walk Graasio up their fifteen innings. Do you think Ronel Blanco is the real deal?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know that a guy with two really good starts at thirty in his first ten starts here at thirty, by the way, is the real deal. Holy Field, But he's on a nice hot streak. There are way worse things than rostering Ronel Blanco and having it blow up in your face. It's it's you know, everyone has been, you know, a victim of this. So yeah, Adam, pay up for him, keep him on your roster, and when he eventually tanks, like I'm sure you also think Welsh, then drop him.
Speaker 2: But ride the wave. He's on a heater right now, so I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Rank Garrett Crochet, Jared Jones and Ronel Blanco the way you said them, Jared Jones over Garret Crow Well, okay, are there tier differences?
Speaker 4: I would say Jones and Crochet and then a lot and then Blanco.
Speaker 3: Okay, I agree with that. I mean, are you heavy? You're heavy? Jared Jones over Garrett Crochet.
Speaker 4: Though I don't know that I'm heavy. I mean, I'm always heavy, but I don't know that I'm heavy. You know, Jones over Crochet, but I would say team contexts specifically with Roberts and Eloy going down. I like the Pirates way more than I like the White Sox right now, which is surprising to say but very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Crochet's kind of tough because I think he's like insanely deceptive and I really love that combo that you know, slider fastball combo and how it's deceptive to the plate. But then he was just sitting around the plate and I was literally talking with someone. I'm like, my god, your Crochet is amazing. And then he ends up just being around the plate and gets beat up in an inning and that kind of ruined it a little bit. They Actually I was hoping they'd let him come back out because I had the k prop at five and a half over it finished at five because he was just a little bit, a little bit walky, a little bit all over the zone. But I think at this point Jared Jones has separated himself a little bit, and hey, listen, maybe I'll eat my words on that trade. The very first trade video where I put him in there. I did point out I think like maybe over time, you know, you give it a couple starts and you sell high, but maybe it'll never be a sell high.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's just gonna be awesome. Who is awesome?
Speaker 1: By the way, Choto Amanica tossed four scoreless innings against the Dodgers before the rain delay, which was stupid forty three pitches. He got those twelve outs. He was striking out guys again. Looks great, I am. He's one of my biggest movers in my Dynasty update that's coming up.
Speaker 3: He looks phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Box.
Speaker 4: He has looked great. And you know this this start shortened because of the rain. They had a rain delay in between, so they pulled him after four. But he he has looked amazing right this year. I also love how sloppy he looks out there. He looks like, you know, Skinny Bartolo a little bit. He's got the real loose jersey. It's unbuttoned too much. But he's just going out there firing bullets. So I love watching him Monica right now. I do think, as with a lot of guys that come over from overseas, you get this really red hot start, and then you get the league adjusting back on him. Is there any fee for you that that's gonna happen to Amnica like it has the guys in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean it's definitely a thing to think about. That's kind of my thing with all these guys, and that's why I would pinpoint anybody that just absolutely explodes.
Speaker 3: It's like, the league's.
Speaker 1: Gonna catch up, and what is that guy gonna do when the league does catch up. That's my same argument to Jered Jones. It's my same argument to like Eric Crochet. The league is going to find those little tiny things and they're gonna start picking up. And how quick those changes happen and how that guy adjusts.
Speaker 3: Is going to be the key.
Speaker 1: Manica throws strikes, pounds of fastball, splitter, looks good. I don't know, like if you Okay Amanica or Bobby Miller rest of season. Bobby Miller just got absolutely lit in the second inning, but looks phenomenal.
Speaker 3: First, which one would you pick?
Speaker 2: Miller?
Speaker 3: And how big is the gap?
Speaker 2: Not enormous but decent?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, team context to Bobby Miller on the Dodgers. So yeah, I mean it's still Bobby Miller for me. I like, uh, is it gonna screw it up again? It's Imanaga?
Speaker 2: Right yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, man mean we're I can see the pronunciation. We're going through it again. I thought it was pronounced iman Yeah, it might be Imanaga. It is my biggest struggle bus.
Speaker 2: Thing, Managa.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, look, I think he's going to be good, but I do think, you know, there will be a readjustment, there will be a period where he's not so good. So yeah, give me, give me Bobby Miller. I'll I'll take him over Emanaga. But but it's that, I mean, it's much closer than it would have been obviously two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So uh, it's right there. But yeah, still Bobby for me.
Speaker 1: A couple other pitching updates. Ryan Pepio six shutout innings and a win over the Rockies. Eleven strikeouts, give up just three hits, had a forty one rate, thirty nine percent CSW and he was pretty awesome. His fastball a fifty percent with rate.
Speaker 3: He was killer. We talked about Gara Crochet. He had a no decision in that one. He had fifteen swing and misses.
Speaker 1: That's really been kind of One of the biggest things about his game is the swing and missus and I like it. I liken that to like the deception. He had seven swing whiffs on the slider. He's a thirty six percent CSW He's point six whip on the year.
Speaker 3: He has been awesome. Couple.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're hopefully returning from injury soon, notes Bogs. Justin Verlander alound six earned runs, struck out six in a triple A startover in Sugarland. He had that rehab He's gonna have Oh do I did I have to.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that's how the Texans say. It's like Prescott, you know, sugar Prescott. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I like Sugarland though. That makes me feel happier. I live in sugar Land a little bit more.
Speaker 1: He's got one more rehabs start and then he's popping back comfort level with Verlander when he comes back.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean, I'm very comfortable. Verlanter is such a vet. He's been through injuries and come back before. Uh you know, Uh, am I comfortable He's gonna throw a ton of innings. No, he's closer to our age than he is to a rookies age right, so yer than us?
Speaker 2: Is he older than us?
Speaker 3: I'll be my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my birthdays in like two weeks, and I think he'll still be older than me.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious, like after Tom Brady retired, because I always do the date of birth for the football players. That was the last football player that was older than us. Now every single football player is younger.
Speaker 3: I think Verlander might be it.
Speaker 1: I think, man, that's gonna that might be my midlife crisis is accepting that I'm now older than all the baseball players. I didn't think that they was coming anytime soon.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he's he's outstanding, so uh and he's been through this before.
Speaker 2: I think we can trust him. Obviously.
Speaker 4: Do I trust him to stay healthy the whole year, No, but to come back at the appropriate time. I think he knows his body, so yeah, I'm very comfortable with for Lander coming back.
Speaker 1: Oh, Box, you are a month older than Justin Early, you are older.
Speaker 3: I am younger. I am the young guy.
Speaker 4: Here for Justin Verlander only a couple World series and Cy Young's. He's married to Kate Upton and has a giant contract. Maybe someday it'll all come together for him huh.
Speaker 3: Glad you said. Contract.
Speaker 1: A couple of the other quick notes here, Nikoladolo struggled in his rehab start and triple A gave up four runs, five hits, and two and two thirds. Eh, but he is expected to be joining the Reds rotation soon. I don't know if I'm gonna throw him right back out there, so just be mindful of that. A couple questions real quick, I want to hit before we if I can find the stream yard again, if I can, before we move on to all the stuff here, Lucas said, do I still hold Camonaro?
Speaker 3: Who is still on the il bogs?
Speaker 1: I've been I got kind of roasted for this in the chat the other day when I was like, listen, I think you can in small bench stuff.
Speaker 3: I kind of think you can move on, like if you can hold hold. But I don't know if I want to hold.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a month before he comes back to the majors, so that's kind of you know, that's your choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it really is about how big the benches and how often do you sub in guys?
Speaker 2: Are you day? Are you weekly?
Speaker 4: You know, the longer you can hold, the more I would suggest it, But if you need that spot, yeah, I mean free it up and add someone actually in the majors on your rosters. So that has to be a personal decision, obviously, but I think for the most part, I'm trying to hold him if I can. We'st supportive though, of whatever do we are you want to Yeah, whatever you want to make? Yeah, Sabo sell Imanaga for Holiday Jackson Holiday in Dynasty, Yes.
Speaker 3: For this season.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's actually to I couldn't do that right now because I think I think Imana at worst has got like a two month really good run coming up here. I really don't know what's gonna happen when the league does catch up, and I think Holiday, when he comes up, which I think is gonna be very soon, is going to be solid.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could do that in Redraft. Dynasty.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yeah, Dynasty, it's a no brainer. I would say for Redraft, it's tough. If the rest of your pitching staff is really good, I would sell him Managa, But if your staff is questionable, you have the injuries that have been happening and stuff, hold him. But uh, yeah, I want Holiday. I mean Holiday is going to be a stud So if I can get him, I want to go Managa E Managa, there you go.
Speaker 2: You'll never forget it.
Speaker 3: Now, w NBC.
Speaker 1: Actually I need like the scared straight with like the guards coming in and they just grab me and they'll just be like and.
Speaker 3: I just I just I need like a crash course, like I'm like, oh my god, okay, it's I Monaga, Like I just need something like I'm gonna send cousin Donnie over to your house to wake you up every morning saying.
Speaker 1: That's what I need to get up really early, last one and then we're gonna move on. Would you sell Ryan Peppio after that really good start?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I would.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're gonna get enough back for Pepio right now, even after the good start to warrant selling him.
Speaker 3: So no, yeah, I think I uh agree with al Bagman.
Speaker 1: You know what time now one Bog and I have a long standing good joke. Somehow his cat feeder only goes off when he's on with me.
Speaker 3: It's it's really incredible. I don't even know how it happens.
Speaker 1: But it does to no end, and it actually it brings me quite a bitage joy, which I just can't help. You know what else brings me quite a bit of joy, my friend our buddies over at Prize Pick.
Speaker 3: So that's right.
Speaker 1: You can play MLB dfs and match your first deposit up to one hundred bucks. Don't miss your chance to add your favorite players from the Diamond and Prize Picks entries, whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first inning runs, I got a nerfy today. Take your pick of more or less and add them to your Price Picks entry today. Quick withdraws, easy gameplay, and an enormous selection of players and stat types are what make Prize Picks the number one fantasy sports app. Download the app today and use code leading off for a first deposit match up to one hundred bucks. Download that app, use code leading off for a first deposit match up to one hundred dollars. Pick more, pick less.
Speaker 3: It's that easy, that's right, do it over at Price Picks. I've also got some fun.
Speaker 1: There's season long stuff that they do as well that I have got rocking, and I'm excited to see how that ends up going real quick, because I have gone long on this show today. I have the trade video out that's going to be like I said, within the next twenty four hours, bunch of names. I think you guys should all check out one of the names on there. I want to get your quick take on this. Bogman is Junghu Lee, and that might surprise people because he has had.
Speaker 3: Really not great performance. I think he's hitting like around two hundred.
Speaker 1: This was as I was doing the video yesterday, but I presented this because this was actually like shocking to me going into Sunday.
Speaker 3: Jungle Lee was.
Speaker 1: Tied for the third most hard hit balls in baseball. He was tied with Kotel Marte. He had a fifty four percent hard hit rate, and he had an expected batting average because he was hitting like two hundred of two eighty three. And one of my big things about this is he is showing the underlining skill set of a player that actually might hit twenty homers. I thought he wouldn't hit double digits batting average runs. Giants are going to do some stuff. Homers might be there. Love to see him steal. I think Jung Hulee might be the most boring of boring buys right now in the trade video. And you loved him preseason, so quick tick on Jung Hulee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like you said, he's been hitting the ball hard, it just hasn't been going his way. So I think when you see a guy like that, you know it's time to buy. So it is the perfect time to buy for Jung Hulee. Maybe he doesn't, you know, have an enormous power, but if you need batting average specifically, I think he's gonna end up getting it for you. So I think it's a great moved to make right now. If you can go get him.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: So go and check it out. You want to see all the breakdowns. I've got a bunch of players that you can buy on Jung Hu Lee as well as one of them, you know, might cost much of nothing, especially for the batting average side. A couple of little rookie lookie here Jackson Merrill four for four with a stolen base on Friday.
Speaker 3: He's starting to heat up. Don't let him heat up, man, Get a little bit of power, get a little bit of stolen bases.
Speaker 1: It still might end up being like fifteen fifteen, But oh, here's one Jackson Holiday or Jung Julee rest a season?
Speaker 4: Mmmm Lee, I think I have to because I know he's up right now, so I don't know when Jackson's coming up.
Speaker 3: No, Jackson, Merril, you heard Jackson said Jackson you said, Oh did I say Jackson?
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry Jackson Meyril four for four with a stolen base.
Speaker 4: My Ooh, that one's tough for. Gim me Meryl, give me the upside of Meryl. I think I think they're gonna move him up in the lineup, especially if he keeps, you know, doing this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, gimme gimme Meryl.
Speaker 1: I wish there weren't so many Jackson's, like Jackson Curio, Jackson Holiday, Jackson Merrill, like my brain clearly doesn't work anymore, Like forty hit and it's just shutting down.
Speaker 3: Forty one is gonna come. I don't say anything.
Speaker 4: Back in my day used to be all kinds of Michaels. Now it's Jackson's.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Jackson's I don't Yeah, not a lot of Chrises anymore. There's a whole lot of I'm sorry, missus Jackson. We also have I know I thought Joe was off today.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry Max Meyer, who Joe absolutely loves went six innings. He gave up one run, three hits on Sunday with Rich is still a decent. He had a thirty two percent with rate thirty five percent CSW, which is pretty good. But the strikeouts are still lower. Slider's still coming. He's kind of been like a two pitch picture. This was noted I think over on rote World, but just want to throw that out there because Joe would want Max Meyer to be in there, and I'm surprised he's going a little bit into the deeper innings bog.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you're big on Max Meyer not.
Speaker 4: I'm just wonder how long it's going to be till he's out for the year, like all the rest of the Marlins pictures.
Speaker 2: So I like Max Meyer.
Speaker 4: There's a spot for him now obviously, But yeah, tough to trust anything going on in Miami right now.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: So you can trust our friends over at Trophy Smack. That's right, friends, Trophy Smack, the championship trophy could be yours. You could win this beautiful custom trophy from Trophy Smack by doing one of two things. Subscribing to the Fantasy pros MLB YouTube channel, which is YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB. If you're listening on the podcast, if you're here, do it now and then comment on like any video. This video would be particular if you guys are making comments, you guys are literally getting your entries in. But you could do it on any of the videos that we've got going on. And guess what this trophy. The winner will be announced tomorrow when Joe returns. That's right, we'll be announcing the trophy Smack winner. So make sure you get your comments in like now immediately so you guys can have your opportunity to win. I want you guys to win, all right. Moving through three up and three down, Lane Thomas went two for three with three stolen bases. Fox he's up to six stolen bases but hitting under two hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna come around.
Speaker 4: I mean Lane Thomas obviously, I think everyone picked regression for him. His value was pretty low for what he did last year coming into drafts, so it's not surprising that he started off cold. But I think he's gonna get back to normal here pretty soon. So like you love to see it.
Speaker 1: Francisco Lindor had a good day two for five, homer and a double finally picking it back up and Zach Geloff triple homer, three runs, four RBIs. You also had a big day from William Can had two homers, five RBIs, three runs.
Speaker 3: He was also four for five on Sunday on the down.
Speaker 1: Nick castianos oh for three on Sunday, has one hit in his last twenty at bats. Kyle Gibson gave up seven earned runs six in the first against Miami and Josh Hater got the save, but allowed four earned runs in his last three innings. So he has been a wild ride and Joe Moscrob hates him.
Speaker 3: We found out.
Speaker 1: On the injury front, we talked about a lot of the guys. Trevor story shoulder dislocation. This is one that is being discussed of. He might not come back this year.
Speaker 3: Like he's hopeful to come.
Speaker 4: He might not come back. If that's the case, I mean, you know, maybe yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know where this seems gonna go.
Speaker 1: Saddana Rafaela could end up playing some infield, maybe yeah, he has Maybe Marcelo Mayor maybe he's going to be a guy that they are going to look to. I don't know they've got infield prospects. I just don't know if a lot of them are ready. Abrams and Wilson Contrerist both scratched Saturday, and dnp on Sunday with a sore hand. And on our Diamondbacks, Heraldo Perdomo tornamentiscus out a month at least. It is Blaze time, Blaze and the monster machines, Bogs. It is officially Blaze time.
Speaker 4: Blaze needs to get to the fielding machine and you know, not have any more errors. He's been frustrating recently, so hopefully he'll he'll get it on track. But this is an audition for him. You know, I said it before the season. I think Perdomo is on his way out. He's a great fielder though, so you know Blaze has to step up and play.
Speaker 2: Well. We'll see.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, friendos, You know what time it is, Bogs is not okay, Bogs. When I say bets, I'm gonna go our best bets and you go of the day. Say it like that, okay, Okay, So ladies and gentlemen, it's time for our best.
Speaker 2: Bet of the day.
Speaker 3: Bets uh of the day. That's right. It's our best bets of the day.
Speaker 1: Which we are very happy to be bringing you guys, look at that artwork. Look at that.
Speaker 2: That is a beautiful a while ago with no hair there, I know.
Speaker 1: Look at that the bet three, six, five best bets of the day. It's Bog and the Welsh even getting the artwork together. Like I said, let's kick back on a hot streak. Let's get going, bagman.
Speaker 3: Let's hear yours and then I will rattle through mine and I'll give everybody the leading off parlay of the day.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, if you guys saw Opening Day, you know Kyle Frielan gave up a ton of runs in that third ten runs to be exact. I don't know if they were all in the third, but he gave up ten runs to the Diamondbacks. We've watched Za Gallen, I know well suspensioned it here and on our show and in this league. Zach Gallen has been flirting with danger. Well, they're playing in Colorado tonight. The over is ten and a half. It's minus one twenty. I am going over on that game, Jose Burials, I'm gonna take the over six and a half. Strikeouts, Seattle has the highest k percentage in Major League Baseball so far this season. I think Burrios can get six and a half easy, and then I'm com pairing too. But if you want to take Ozuna over one and a half total bases versus the Mets, it's minus one oh five.
Speaker 2: He is sixteen for fifty nine.
Speaker 4: That's the three fifty two average with four bombs versus Ulio two ron. You could pare it with can tell Marte over two and a half that is plus money at one ten a little harder to get, but he is hitting three seventy eight with three bombs versus Cleveland or Freeland. Excuse me, and that game is in Colorado, so uh, of course not gonna not gonna leave without some d bax bets here for me.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: What did you see? What is the pairing? If you pay Ozuna and Marto get it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay you didn't, but but but yeah, I mean that that is that is a good pairing. I think it is two and a half, So it's plus money for Marte because he's been on such.
Speaker 2: A hot streaks.
Speaker 4: This is one of the few times I'm willing to take a two and a half total base I like it.
Speaker 3: I can definitely get down with that.
Speaker 1: The Brios one I was sitting on personally just because of Seattle. It's not a bad bet. It's not a bad bet at all, all right. So where I'm going with mine today? That is actually my bet of the day, which is going to be on the socials. I'm going with a nurfy I know, the gimmicky and whatever, but I'm going to the Seattle Toronto game.
Speaker 3: You just mentioned Jose.
Speaker 1: Brios, Well, Jose Brios Luis Castillo both on the mound. Castill looking to bounce back a little bit.
Speaker 3: Both of these teams are in the bottom eight in the league and scoring in the first inning, and both of combined for one run over the last three games, so I think the offense is stunted a little bit. I like both of these pitchers.
Speaker 1: I like Castillo to bang back, and like you said, with Barrios, the strikeouts are up. This is minus one twenty over on bet three six five, So that's kind of my favorite bed of the day. My second one, I'm going over to the Angels in Tampa Bay. First five total runs, four and a half under and that's minus one twenty five over at bet three six five, middle of the pack in the league in first five scoring. For both of these teams, they actually both average around two runs per game through the first five, but the Angels are bottom six in the league in ops against righty's so against EFLN, and then Tampa Bay is bottom twelve in the league in ops against lefties. So there you go. That's for Tyler Anderson. So I'm gonna go with less than four and a half runs being scored at minus one twenty five. I struggled with this last one. I almost didn't want to bet this, but it just kept calling me. Blake Snell strikeout six and a half under and.
Speaker 3: It's one thirty five. There's a little bit of juice on it. He absolutely can go nine to ten. Yeah, any of that. I absolutely can run with that. But I just don't think he's gonna get there. In the first start.
Speaker 1: When he doesn't get ninety plus innings, I just don't think we're gonna get there. Oh yeah, pitches, I'm sorry. When he gets to ninety plus pitches. If he's under that, I don't think he's gonna get there. So that's where my big focus is I don't think they're gonna let him go ballistic right out the gates, So I think the strikeout number are gonna be low. Plus Washington the lowest in baseball the last.
Speaker 3: Three games in strikeouts. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Did I say Efflyn is everybody? Why is everybody pepioing? Is it peppio?
Speaker 2: Somebody asks a question the chat.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, because I'm pretty sure it's But that was my big thing was the strikeout numbers.
Speaker 3: Washington doesn't strike out a bunch.
Speaker 1: I don't walk a whole bunch, and it's first start, so I'm going under six and a half strikeouts. That, my friend, is my top three. And then if we want to play a parlay, here's a parlay I put together Bogs. It is a run line parlay Yankees minus one and a half versus the Marlins Cleveland minus one and a half versus Chicago and the Diamondbacks minus one and a half versus Colorado that pays plus six seventy three on bet three sixty five. If you want to put that bad boy together. I love all the matchups. Cleveland is kind of a sneaky one. Arizona that's the play. You know how that one goes? So that, my friends are.
Speaker 3: All of our bets of the day. Let's look at that artwork there you go. Hey, it's Bogman and Welsh, Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 1: Hey, all right, let's finish this bad boy up with some home run calls.
Speaker 3: Bogs. Who's your home run call today?
Speaker 4: I just mentioned give me Marcelo Zuna. He is white hot right now. He has a good track record against Aeyron. I think he goes yard.
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 1: You guys want to check out the board. Look at that gross board. Joey p is up there with all those home runs. He's tied for third place with the Yankee two three rules with six pazzi and as he calls him, votes in O's Joe does is in the lead. Those guys are in the lead. I am absolutely nowhere to be found. I'm on the coldest of cold streaks. I don't know how I'm gonna get it going. Bogman's probably gonna pass me here soon. So I'm gonna try to get this bad boy hot with Ronald Acunya. So that's gonna be easy play if you can get it hot.
Speaker 3: With anybody. How about the lead off hitter.
Speaker 1: He's got a half decent track record again, So you're taking Ozuna, I'm taking Acunya.
Speaker 3: We're gonna tackle this Braves game.
Speaker 2: Ozuna from the Braves. He's gonna get it. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I like that, all right, friends, that is gonna do it for the show. Want to remind you guys about a couple of things that you guys can always come and check out. Let me pop this bad boy up here in the discord, it says joined today, join the Discord, chats fantasypro dot com slash chat, and a reminder if you guys are not already Wednesday, it's cleaning up. That's where Joe and I are gonna pop in right after the show and we're going to do a whole other show. So if you guys want to be a part of it with a bunch of great people, you can actually go and reserve your spot now. And I don't know if there's like unlimited reserves, so go and check it out. That's actually at fantasypros dot com slash cleaning up. But go and join the Discord today to get in on all the action. Make comments below in this video or any video for your chance to win that trophy.
Speaker 3: Smack video.
Speaker 1: We'd love for you to have that and use the promo code leading off over a bed three six y five if you want to get it set Bogs. Love you, brother, It's great to see you. We'll like totally be doing a podcast here shortly. It's good to have you in here. Not hearing you talk.
Speaker 3: About college football, but people can always check out all your great stuff on the Fantasy Pros Football podcast. That is it. We're going to have a wrestling wrestling with Joe tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We'll get all the hearings and the happenings and go enjoy the.
Speaker 3: The the eclipse, yeah, the sunset.
Speaker 4: The path of totality. By the way, someone said in the chat. Yeah that sounds yeah, that.
Speaker 2: The path of totality. I know it sounds like a finishing move in Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 5: Finish him.
Speaker 3: All right, we're out of here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna finish it up. Thank you guys for hanging out with us and Joyce and baseball. We'll talk to you tomorrow right here on leading off.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: So you