Speaker 1: WA's up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses Malone Peek. So this Oklahoma City, that's the only thing you got going on on that.
Speaker 2: That's all I got going on to dry autumn. Oh. On the other unrelated note to go back to a way earlier podcast, I tweaked my risk exposure model, and for the sports betting thing, I'm up one hundred I'm up one hundred and twenty five percent in one month.
Speaker 1: Peeps cracky. So this nigga peep man, he just goes around doing shit.
Speaker 3: With money, just like like a like a specific type of gambling or something.
Speaker 1: You need to anything.
Speaker 2: I'm chronically unemployed, so since like since I can't get a job, I gotta give my money little jobs for them.
Speaker 3: To do right right right. So you're like, oh, that can make some money right there. Let me throw something right there, Yeah, let me do that. That looks good.
Speaker 2: All I do. That's all I know how to do.
Speaker 4: That's funny if you're nice.
Speaker 2: If I had more money, actually get some whit accomplishment right right right when this is.
Speaker 1: What most white people do, like y'all, just like I know that shit. It'd be a lot of stereotypes about white people, and you know, the main ones that all white people have money. And I know that's not true, right because I know some pro white people. They just not from California. I don't know no poor white people from California.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta go over the hell. You gotta come down the grapevine for that.
Speaker 1: Even the ones I think that don't be having nothing. I used to have a joke with Head, I swear to God, I used to tell him all the time, like white people get to California in here it into one hundred thousand dollars to start life.
Speaker 2: So all true in a couple spots.
Speaker 3: So you're on the motherfuckers on the street, aint all the niggas.
Speaker 1: But it's different the white people that want to be Okay, let me not even have this conversation. White people are free, bro, Like they really live their life free. Like I'm telling you, man, me and Pete, Pete the money I'm about to make over the next twelve months. Me and Pete pretty much have it planned out. But sometimes it's scary because Pete probably don't even care about like if pete go back down to zero, that's nothing. You know, I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: I've never had worth than half of one dollar. I have had a disposable dollars since I like twenty two years old. Two since twenty four, so it's twenty four. I've had disposable dollars. I was twenty four years old.
Speaker 1: This is what I always say, Like, do you really believe in racism? No, peak, do you believe in it.
Speaker 2: That it can happen? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean do you believe it exists today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? In pockets? Sure, I think as it's.
Speaker 1: And I'm not talking about I'm not talking about like that old southern white racism like hanging you know, black folks and shit. I mean like literally not giving like a couple of different things, right, black people playing ketchup right where they're behind and they're trying to catch up to everybody that's free and clear. Obviously, you know you're from a disenfranchised group compared to the regular white man. Right, even most Italians can go them. I think they're white till they come, you know what I mean? Because you're Italian is different, Like you're not an English white man.
Speaker 2: I'm not like heavily Italian. I find it's been for a long time. But like Italian people not being considered white as yeah, that's a stretch, George.
Speaker 1: I agree, because Italian people are white. I argue with the Italian people that tell me they wasn't white, you know, just to get a handout. I hrish people for a long time. I got treated pretty fucked up. But this is why I'm asking, right, I was thinking about a couple of things, right, and I had this argument with Charlot Magne. This has been an argument I've been having with Charlot Magne for four years, five years. I'm like, Yo, these niggas is lyning about how much money they got. He like, when you think Oprah's lining and you think Jay Line, I'm like, hell, yeah, they lying, you know what I mean? Are they lying like, oh I got this much money in my pocket? Though? Are they lying like I'm I'm I'm When they start talking about network, right, everybody the conversation is, huh.
Speaker 2: Everybody is lying about network because he can't really he don't believe me. It depends on it depends on the context. In the context of the net Worth conversation, they're telling the truth in the context of taking the net worth conversation and into straight liquidity, they're they're all lying because it's a fuse conversation because the sale of the thing devalues the thing to the point that no longer could be realized. That's the thing that's being represented as.
Speaker 1: But even further than that, though, Pete even further like if Oprah is worth three billion, she could never get it. She couldn't liquidate everything she got and get it.
Speaker 2: That's what I just said.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying I'll save it, not even digitally, like they can't do anything.
Speaker 2: And she could sell it on a buyer. People do that. It would have to be a singular acquisition, and it.
Speaker 1: Still wouldn't work. It wouldn't work because if people paid you what you worked, they couldn't profit off of your talent. You get what I'm saying, Like when somebody saying somebody's network, I'm thinking about what they're worth to everybody else.
Speaker 2: See, it's funny, that's an interesting point that you're making because I was just doing the same thing with a macro cash flow diet about the manipulation of value and wages in the country over the past quarter century. Nobody wants to pay anybody a wage upfront. So what we're seeing in the economy as a macro and a flow of capital is I don't want to pay you right now one hundred thousand dollars for what you're going to do. I want to pay you fifty thousand dollars. I'm gonna defer you into a four toh one K, and then we're gonna manipulate the economy in general through your black Rocks and whatever else to prop up the equity values in all the stocks that give you your four to one k's value, so that I can kick the can down the road on your compensation by essentially only in real time giving you a dollar ten. It's I give you your dollar, you get your additional ten. But in reality, by the time it's claimable, you're getting the two hundred dollars because we've manipulated the entire compensation package for a time distribution apparatus.
Speaker 1: No, I get what you're saying. So that's still all related to inflation steal.
Speaker 2: Inflation plays? Is that could happen about? Yeah, it's sucking a value out of other places.
Speaker 1: For sure, sure, sure included. So long story short, I was saying, if open is worth three billion, right, like, there's nothing she could sell. She could sell everything she ever had in her life and they wouldn't equal to three billion dollars. She wouldn't have three billion dollars, niggas. I'm talking about even before taxes.
Speaker 3: And why is that? As she said, I think she got that's not even though it's they say it's the network and don't it's not really worth what they say in the network is her existence is worth the.
Speaker 2: Well, look at what's this? Look at Stirling for example, right from the Clippers sale. His net worth was less on paper prior to the sale. Then it wasn't after the sale because some clown overpaid for the Clippers by like sevenfold. And if somebody wanted to buy Harpow or whatever the hell that thing it's called lock stock and barrel, they could buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think that's I think I think most people with money underrate their network. I think I'm so trying to market wealth and success, they over they overinflate their network because they know most people are ignorant to what they work.
Speaker 2: Whatever they say, what your marketability is?
Speaker 3: Yeah the truth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, jay Z.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no silings, no sillings. G L Pete Pete spot got my brother Joey west side.
Speaker 2: You and like what jay Z says on a microphone and what jay Z's accountant rights to the I R s not gonna.
Speaker 1: Match even even minus the irs. It ain't real. That's that's no shade to you know. My one of my favorite rappers of all time is just we are in the business, you know, hip hop especially. It's funny because they call themselves disliking Donald Trump, but to me, they took every part of his business, his business style of what he does as a brand is what every last hip hop artist is running today. I mean they're selling success, they're selling will.
Speaker 2: So they look at the court case from today, you know, like at the court case in New York from today over this bullshit property appraisal. They're saying that he took a loan out against a property, he put it at value X. He'd got the money, he paid it back to the bank with interest. Nobody complained bank, nor him. Latitia James, the attorney the DA in New York, is hauling him into court saying that he committed fraud by putting a false appraisal value on an asset. It's the most bullshit claim I've ever seen in her a courtroom.
Speaker 1: But it made me think about some shit. And I've been looking at like Puff. Puff is in the media a lot, lady, right, obviously with all this Tupac shit going and people thinking that Keith d talking is what got you know, the arrest warrant for you know, the tragical murder Nevada, and it's not, I mean, some other evidence that people don't really know about. It will come out and everybody figure it out. But obviously, if people believe the story you know that Kify is saying publicly, they'll be talking about Puff getting arrest. So I've been seeing his name in the press, but I noticed through other stories that wasn't really what I wanted to talk about. Puff has been taking such a hard everybody's been punching on Puff, you know, socially, on different conversations of royalty publishing and masters. I would the first thing was the Locks and the Locks were talking about Puff having their publishing right for years.
Speaker 2: I hate what artists do. That shit ex post factor.
Speaker 1: I hate it exactly. Why do you hate it self?
Speaker 2: Chicken shit? You signed a contract you were thrilled to death today. You signed the contract, you got the money up front, you were short sighted, and then you spent all the money. And now you're bitching because of the contract that you signed. Bitch, ass shit I've ever fucking seen.
Speaker 1: Agreed, agreed, and he is irritating the ship out of me, like I was looking at Jada kissing. Obviously, I have a huge respect for the Locks, you know what I mean, great brothers, even great brothers to know. But I just was listening to him talk shit about puff. I was listening in the mace talk shit about this is crazy. Like, I know, he hit them boys with six figures to do these deals. He gambled on them. Six figures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six figures in nineteen ninety five, six six figures today.
Speaker 1: But six figures with no records, yeah six figures without them. You know, they don't have a month, they don't have a hit ricord.
Speaker 3: Just because I believe that, y'all, I believe it could work.
Speaker 2: How hard is it to clear three hundred thousand dollars Independent with no help and walk off with.
Speaker 1: It shit off of records? Yes, ship back then you would need to sell probably Independent would probably need to sell five half.
Speaker 3: A million records.
Speaker 2: You have to have a big trunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, half a million singles today it's life versually impossible, you know, I mean to do it just and to clear it. Yeah, you'd have to stream billions, right to get well, one million, one million is three thousand dollars, so one hundred million is three hundred thousand dollars. Hopefully it should be a little bit more. So what is gonna take to market a record to one hundred million streams?
Speaker 4: You said you got a couple of niggas doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they they're not independent. He said, You're gonna spend five get three dred thousand. You probably need shit, you probably need to do. You have to lie if you got your del but you're gonna have to spend to market three hundred thousand dollars worth the streams profit. You might have to spend half a million dollars, maybe even a million.
Speaker 4: Dollars just to make the three hundred.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make more, but he said, to clear three hunds. See, he used see the pee man with peace starts off or fighting. He gonna use specific words, and I would listen to every word.
Speaker 2: He asked, Well, like at the same time though, at that during their period with Bad Boy, those guys that they went out and did a huge nightclub event on New Year's in New York. They ain't got a big old sack of cash for showing up. That was their cash. They didn't have to kick that upstairs.
Speaker 1: That was theirs, right, Yeah, yeah, But it's not just that, right, It's like, let's say Mason and Locks, Well, let's take the Locks. The Lock situation is unique because the Locks didn't really make no records for Bad Boys. Let's say, let's say he gave the Locks three hundred thousand dollars in publishing. They didn't make three hundred thousand dollars of publishing when it was with Bad Boy, like he for sure, as far as the publisher side of that deal, for sure, they left that he didn't have He didn't recoup his money.
Speaker 3: Did he verse, So Benjamin's wasn't worth that.
Speaker 1: Eventually, it's six, it's six, it's six record's six people. I think how many people's on it's all about the Benson five or six people, Yes.
Speaker 2: But made it everybody else, everybody else Those just added value to them. They didn't add value to it.
Speaker 1: And six people, so it's five or six people, right, and then and it's funny because I just knew that right off the river.
Speaker 4: It's funny the locks, puff Cam and Biggie.
Speaker 1: And then you got this big sample. So let's say let's say this song is worth Let's say why they was on Bad Boy, that song was worth two million dollars of publisher which that would be a stretch. It's a lot of money for one song for publishing, you know, SA like that. Maybe I'm missing you songs could be worth that kind of money. But let's say that it's all about the mentioning this song is worth two to three million dollars in publishing roughly. That's that's somewhere close to what it could be worth in that time period. Right. The sample is probably eating up half of it, right, But that's also why you gotta hit record and then you gotta you gotta split it up amongst everybody else on the writer side, right, whoever is writing the chorus, because it all breaks down to small percentages. If it's six people on one song and the hook, and it's different people that write everything, it might break down to like eight eight and some change. Maybe eight in a quarter if it's six people, so it might be six to two third, So it might be like eight you know, you might get eight and three three three percent of something. You know what I'm saying, it ain't worth it. You know what I'm saying, it ain't worth it. So when they walk off from the label, right, they still in debt. They publish, it still ain't really recoup the money. So then they go to Rough Riders and they start making a shitload of money. Right, they start having more success, right, they on more records. Now he's probably breaking even you know what I'm saying, when they get to the rough Riders deal, well, into the Rough Riders deal, and then now after that he starts to make money on the investment.
Speaker 4: And years then't passed by at this point.
Speaker 1: Right, So listening to them complaining, it's like crazy. It's like, well, if a nigga frontire three hundred thousand dollars, you know what I'm saying, he's supposed to want to make money even if it's taking time. And just to listen to complaint, even Mace, like Mace, the way makes me sounding that shit be sounded crazy. Like I'm a huge Mace fan. Cuz, but the like Puff made that nigga out of nothing. Now, don't get me wrong, murder Mace with sound Dog. But it's like this nigga is the hottest nigga in the music business at the time, he got the heart, the his orders in the music business and big at the time, like he his first look to the world. Nigga. He's on a song with one twelve and Big Facts. That's like grandfather you. That's like grandfathering you into success.
Speaker 4: Like you just.
Speaker 1: Walk right into a fucking dynasty, right, I mean, you just walk right into a fortune. And it's like, don't get me wrong, Mace carried his part of the deal because I remember that verse the first day I heard it. So he shine or whatever he gave that nigga was a gamble. And for him to be talking crazy about a nigga that changed his life, I don't give a fuck what you think is going on these niggas is crazy. Matt Listen, mac Ten has done some shit that I don't like. Birdman has done some shit. I will never You'll never see me nowhere publicly talking about no nigga that changed my life. That alone, like Macey, life is che so that he's the millionaire because of that.
Speaker 3: That goes into a character thing, right, and maybe it's you know, it's something that it don't you think they did that based though ignorance.
Speaker 2: Well, he did have some things to say about Mace.
Speaker 1: What do I think it was going by? No, I don't think it's down by. I think they're being selfish. Okay, I don't think it's really so you.
Speaker 3: Feel like they being selfish and knowing, like y'all know, y'all's bullshit, but we.
Speaker 4: Still want that.
Speaker 2: It's like a fad everybody does. Ashanti did that shit I saw. I had a conversation with Malcolm Maze a while ago about and it wasn't like the guy I'm going to name as the example, but there was talk about how oh ice Cube only paid pigionship money to all the people when he did the Independent first Friday out of his own pocket and then it made so much fucking money. Yeah, but like Chris Tucker got paid pigionship money on Friday, but Friday got him the rush hour fucking deal. Friday got him twenty million dollars on the next deal, and nobody he didn't pay tribute to fucking Ice Cube, like it's Don Corleone, Yeah that was the deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which he should have. And it's like these are all people gambling their money their debt. Like if that movie doesn't work, that's Ice cubes career. That's not Mike, that's not Chris Tucker's career, that's Ice Cubes career.
Speaker 2: Chris back of the Deaf comedy Jam.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I listened to all that shit, not just be tripping, right, I've seen this ship with Mark Curry. Mark Curley is dope, I mean as a pin, like he get busy, but for him to be talking shit because puff gave him back his publishing all. He gave it to me when it wasn't worth nothing. It's yours. So if it's not worthing nothing, it's only because you not worth nothing.
Speaker 3: That big ass record he own, it ain't worth nothing. What's nothing to these niggas.
Speaker 1: Man, these niggas that be acting crazy, man, what's worth nothing? I don't know if it's minds. I want it and I ain't got nothing to say about nobody who gave it back to me. If a nigga came and paid me five dollars back. I'm not finna argue with him. That's only five dollars. I won't be like, man, thank you, nigga can't give me my five dollars back. He'd have made money.
Speaker 3: So it don't worship you. Don't worship money like these niggas do either. Glasses like you, You're dealing with a different level of maturity and like you couldn't.
Speaker 1: Run it because money, man, really money just they don't do nothing. All they do is allow us to pay the bills and to live the way we want to live. And I'm not that desperate to live no way. I know that sounds crazy, but I've never been desperate. I just wanted the bare minimums in this life. I never felt like I need an entirely too much of anything. I never One of the biggest things is I don't look like We was just talking about it the other day with the Young Homie video and he was talking and I'm like, he was talking about how great his video was. I'm like, who are you competing with the niggas that I would be competing with at life itself? Like Martin Luther, King, Jesus, you know, Malcolm X. That's that be the niggas, I would be competing with.
Speaker 3: We We're going there.
Speaker 1: So I'm so far away from being the type of men that them three men were. You feel me like, it's not even close. So I could never feel what they feel because I wouldn't be competing to I'm not competing with nobody from one hundred and seventeenth Street. I'm not competing with nobody in hip hop. Every time I even set my mind to that. In twenty eleven or twelve, when we first started working on what would become that good, the only thing I thought about was problem and YG ran the club. I was like, Yo, I'm gonna give me a song in there. Fuck that they can't have all this space. And I set out at made a song that's as great as every song, right, you know what I mean? But if you not on the court trying to be like, if you ain't trying to make ain't no fun, what are you really trying to do? No?
Speaker 4: I feel that.
Speaker 3: I mean when I was in Mexico and they just kept playing on the top forty records and I was like, boy, I showed.
Speaker 4: What like my record to play.
Speaker 3: In this mix?
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Real like I wouldn't mind having a record to come on after hot Here, Hot Near, they going nowhere.
Speaker 1: No, it was crazy as I saw ibri O day, Cuz ibri Oday. This motherfucker is a complete proud.
Speaker 2: Yes, dang.
Speaker 1: She ain't wrote a half a word on the first album, barely a ninth of a word on the second album. We're talking about publishing and talking about puff made us song NDA, so we can't talk shit about it. Bitch, Who the fuck? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like y'all are.
Speaker 1: Put together things you don't even have a It's not like you're like this huge, fantastic artist. It's it's it's almost ashamed. I almost can't believe it, and I be I be feeling like how Pete just saying like, bitch ass ship. Yeah, like all these people getting these opportunities.
Speaker 4: If you ever want to.
Speaker 2: Watch Cadillac Records and all of a sudden act like they are in another time and place in history or some ship like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it's the same case.
Speaker 1: But it's the same place.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: If you believe in your tech and you think you're telling spend your money improve it, spend your own money. If I just put out an album. I spend my own money. That's that's that's when you believe what you gotta do. Then once you start seeing nigga be stressed out trying to market this ship, how I'm gonna get content? All? It's so crazy shit going on, Like niggas have no idea because they want so I'm telling you it's weird. They want somebody else to spend all the money and then they get paid.
Speaker 3: All the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, you you invested five million dollars, the album made five million dollars. Okay, now give me one million dollars.
Speaker 3: And then you you know what they remind all the money to do the next one? Two?
Speaker 2: You know what they remind me of?
Speaker 1: Was there.
Speaker 2: Ex wives?
Speaker 1: Why are they reminding you of ex one with jogs?
Speaker 2: There we go because ex wives have the nerve to walk into a court and look at judge in the eye and say, I never had that had a job or that career of that money. But I've grown accustomed to that lifestyle and I deserve it forever.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's the crazy.
Speaker 3: That shit still be tripping me out, Like accustomed to this lifestyle would get unaccustomed, Like when you wasn't.
Speaker 2: That man made that lifestyle for you. But do you get accustomed to that? You got a custom to to him and he's gone.
Speaker 1: So let's say this. Do you not think a wife play important part in her in her husband's success, Like let's say if they have kids and the wife is dealing with the kids so you can go out and be the success story you want to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you still look out for them. No, you got to be my cred You ain't.
Speaker 2: Because a guy who's getting that kind of much money, I'm not going to have the kids till he's got the money. Most often what I'm saying, And she was gonna raise her kids wherever the fuck she found them.
Speaker 1: But they're his kids as well, and they have a family.
Speaker 2: And that's why there's tweet child support and alimony.
Speaker 1: But you don't believe in alimone?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 3: Not not really?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I think that alimony and what's the other thing that what's the rant that went on yesterday? Like the emotional the emotional damage people claim in civil court pain and suffering. That shit needs to have a hard ceiling, and that ceilings to be pretty close to the floor.
Speaker 1: Listen, you know what I always thought to myself when it comes to that, I think it should be like you should have to be married to somebody for five years first to get out of the money right, and then it should be two and a half percent every year twenty years. If you married to somebody for twenty years, then you deserve half of the shit. That makes more sense. If you and somebody for twenty years after the first five years, than you deserve half they shit. But you should be married to him for five years and every year after it's two and a half percent.
Speaker 3: But now they can literally it could be one year. Hey, you got that why you was with me? So that's my.
Speaker 4: And I was getting having problems the whole time.
Speaker 3: You was on your way to go get it.
Speaker 1: That's why you got to do your legal business the right win you made well, I think a lot of things. I also think a lot of times marriage is way before law. So I think a lot of times us marrying somebody legally to be involved that shit is a business deal. So you got to make the best deal possible, like peace. Sound like the rappers and the artists who like make a bad deal and then they get mad when they gotta pay the piper.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because I have a policy. My policy states, whatever you spend on the ring, you gotta spend double on the attorney's fees drafting the prenupp.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna do the business.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do ten thousand dollars on the diamond. You could certainly do twenty thousand dollars on the law firm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, that's funny, but I understand.
Speaker 1: So Meg mil is doing the album The Raw, and they were talking about it and he was saying how over the last ten years he made eleven million dollars on off of.
Speaker 3: Music only only that's a million dollars a year. Yeah, just off music.
Speaker 1: And he was showing how he got ribbed.
Speaker 3: Wait, so when you say just off music, that means like everything that coupled, like literally like music sales or like shows.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think he's talking about music, streaming, streaming and publishing. The Bruelty's in publishing.
Speaker 3: Oh damn man, eleven million dollars a year is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think because he's been overseelling success that he feels like Okay. So his his initial argument was going bad made twenty four million dollars, and I think he said he made two and a half million.
Speaker 4: Dollars going Bad.
Speaker 1: That's a record, yeah, going bad as the record with him and Drake.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, how much is made.
Speaker 1: Twenty four million? He said?
Speaker 3: Okay, and he.
Speaker 1: He made two and a half million dollars running.
Speaker 3: But in order for what we were just talking about that But it's ten percent, hey, bro, And so every there's Drake on the song with you for one video, all the shit that they didn't put into that to make it get that.
Speaker 4: Man, two and a.
Speaker 3: Half million dollars is a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Man, But I think I'm telling you people, my thing is, if that's the case, you don't need anybody.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 1: If somebody pays you what you're worth, how do they make money? If they pay you fifty percent of what you work, it's not even profitable.
Speaker 4: Because which your cond be priceless At this point, it's like, man, this.
Speaker 1: Is well not priceless. It could be worth zero.
Speaker 2: Like my question is twofold. Firstly, what percentage of people bull that the people like artists that get onto a label and have success because an apparatus around them forge them an awful lot of success, and then they leave and they go undependent that none of them ever, hardly ever recreate. You know what happened first, Secondly the the entity. If you thought you were worth more at the time, say no, no, no, no, I want ten. They'd say no, well does want another guy to give you? And give him to it and a half percent. Because we could put any Tom, Dick and Harry on this fucking record. They're gonna get.
Speaker 1: You get what you negotiate, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you sign a job application, they actually they what's your desire?
Speaker 1: Sounding it a no nigga history was like one million dollars and.
Speaker 4: Dollars.
Speaker 1: Y know that Bigdonald's risk, Like, I need what do you call? What is that she called?
Speaker 2: What is that on there?
Speaker 1: I ain't having no job, I have a job. What do you say?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 1: They say something about salary, like what's your what do you want your desire salary? What would you want desire salary?
Speaker 2: And that's my beef when I was talking about the like pain and suffering with like lawsuit stemming from work. All right, you worked at this place for two years for fifty thousand dollars a year, you got a hundred thousand dollars. You're a chick. Let's say some guy said you had a nice ass a few times. You're suing for a million dollars. You were there for two years that was worth one hundred thousand dollars that you got paid. You didn't like the two years, Okay, we'll give you another two years for your time and another one hundred thousand. I don't know why you feel like because some guys said you had a nice ass at work. Now all of a sudden, you get a whole lifespan's career worth of money for it.
Speaker 4: People just try to take you back of opportunity. They ain't high. It's like they're coming up with that salary and.
Speaker 2: Get that steal. Ain't down a little lord.
Speaker 3: Like they need a million dollars, have emotional stress stress one million dollars.
Speaker 1: He was like me. He was like, I don't want no plaques. I want some of the money. And I'm like, well, like right now him the rossman to put out out how much are you spending on the album? Like what are you? Are you gonna market down yourself? Like if you feel like you deserve all of the money or you worth for money, why not put out the record your set up and see exactly what you work that's my belief. Yeah, like every day, like I can't even I'm gonna tell you how stressful it is, bro, I can't even celebrate success. Like right now, people telling me, man, it's classic and legendary rappers talking about how great it is. I already see its influence and others legends, and I can't even really smile because I gotta be there. Yeah, I'm stressed out about what's going tomorrow. What am I gonna post on Instagram? But how am I gonna put a billboard up on Instagram? How am I gonna put a flyer up on Twitter? How am I gonna put up posters on tick on TikTok for me? How am I gonna market this every day for ninety days? How am I gonna stay in the public's eye. I gotta shoot this neggat video. But the video gotta be good because people gotta talk about.
Speaker 2: It, Like how videos don't shoot themselves? Are you're telling me yes?
Speaker 1: Or I could just go stand in front of the car and see if the work out for that.
Speaker 3: Man, you can do that ship right here and put it out right now.
Speaker 2: Video right now, you have you considered in front of a waffle house because that seems to be successful.
Speaker 1: Model, Hey, that might be a hard video. We should shoot a video cuz on like zoom and like have a couple of homits. They're putting their hands up, dances and some girls twerking, and they cut and edit the video. Yo, neig be getting all fucking.
Speaker 2: Video. I would have a line of girls twerking in front of the now closed down Stars, a West Coast classic, right there by the pizza joint. There you go, holding holding the handle, railing it tast one of them falls down.
Speaker 1: So so one thing I was shipping off of as well was so the Death Road thing with all of the pop conversations happening, everybody talking about how bad Death Road did business, And I think to myself, like they must not know they had no fucking idea that real credit because Snoop is coming out saying the truth stupid, Like, man, I don't the fuck with nobody say that Nigga treated me right. I was telling my homie, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like Croa always said that corrupt shout out.
Speaker 1: To corrupt corrupt always capital bean when he blew my mind that people was talking ship about Shug Shugar had these dudes on monthlies.
Speaker 2: They talked about shugar, They talked about cash money that people talk about pe up and down, they talked about puff. This is about just gruntle fucking ploys. Name a label that that doesn't have past artists complaining about their ship. They talked about about about what wasn't that earth Gotti?
Speaker 3: And then and look and I ain't never heard nobody talk about Clyde, baby face, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Anybody talks about Dupre and them, He don't yeah, ow wow talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, it seems like slip of Slyde records down here in Miami, the only group didn't have no artists complain that.
Speaker 3: The slide had some ship too. I heard nobody saying nothing about you.
Speaker 1: So this is the crazy part right in tupac's handwritten contract, handwritten contract right, so Mini, they had to spend one point four million dollars just the post his been not to mention that whatever the client fee was, I don't care if the client is on retainer at death row. Excuse me, the attorney's on retainer at death row. That's what they pay. They had to spend a million, four million five to get me out of jit your ass mass Wholdack. Well, you know Innerscope paid for that, Yeah, but they paid for it with Shug backing it because if it doesn't work out or something happen, guess who motherfucker royalty that's coming out of death row, right, So should like So I'm looking at podal Poxdal was eighteen points and one point bumpet Golden platinum. He wanted a million dollars of events, and he wanted a monthly stiping up one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. Also inside his hand written contract, he had a feature from Snoop Dogg number one and a produced beat from Doctor dre At number two. That was terms two. So I remember when niggas was talking shit with glasses, this, that and the third, and I'm telling them reason this nigga can of death rows because of Snoop. Snoop was the biggest light in hip hop at that time, and that's the light you want to be in if you want other everybody to see you.
Speaker 3: At that point, but later that they left it. They laid carp it out.
Speaker 1: Bro it's crazy, gave him all the best beats. Oh here here's California love. Here go some of this dog pam shit he go. They just gave him everything he took over, even though death Row was a well oil machine. But the point I'm seeing is he wanted one hundred plus thousand dollars in a monthly stipend. He hadn't sold one record before they released one record on Tupac. He had to be in debt somewhere near two million dollars three million dollars. The monthly stipend is a cold thing. Snoop was getting eighty two, one hundred thousand dollars monthly stip They just all getting that money. It will blew me away. Is when they start talking about the property. Is it shug man, haybro shum shit with the cars? It should man the houses and sugar man. If he's giving you a cash, huh.
Speaker 2: What's the cash and sugars? Name? After they got it?
Speaker 1: That's my point, not so they go get their own. Please. I think that's a great deal. Wait a minute, A million a year. You're gonna give me one hundred thousand dollars a fucking month? Hey, you're gonna pay for my Corey nows. I don't gotta pay for none of this shit.
Speaker 3: What was niggas doing with that money.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what a million a year? You know what takes to guarantee a million five a year in passive and tire steadily. It takes about forty million fucking dollars.
Speaker 1: Everybody will be telling me, oh, well, you know they made it. They didn't make ship. Somebody had to go in here and do this business and sign for this shit to happen. A fucking one hundred down the property and should me and the properties and should name. Somebody was telling me today, well, you know they looked at it like when Pee got snooped Pee, when got Sloop a house and put it in his name in a car and put it his name. He inherited the number one fucking rap artist in music at that time. I bet you he's gonna go buy him my house. Matt tim was like, I was gonna give him a million dollars cash.
Speaker 2: Snoop was naming his price. He could have signed with. He didn't even need to sign with a rapper. He could sign with any fucking money. He could have signed up Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: They could have said, give me two million dollars. In nineteen ninety six, after what they call a flop. His flop sold two or three million albums. Yeah, he could let you know everybody in the building, which she said, buy me out the contract. And it's stupid. Know the snoop was young and raw, but I'm saying that's how valuable it was. So people talk about Pete bought in my house, not out the peak, because it's no shade to Pete. Pete did what you to do. Pe went bought in my house and puting this, I bet you he did. P might have gave Shug two three million dollars. Hoo, the fuck cares? His last flop just made thirty million dollars. You Finnah get it for three albums. His flop made thirty million dollars. His flop made certain million. Ye flop that's supposed to be dog Father is supposed to be a flop.
Speaker 3: I love that album.
Speaker 1: Shout out the pool, Shout out this dog because that album is his flop. They called it made thirty million dollars. Me and Pete could have spent every bit up to ten million dollars and would have been cool because he had it for three albums. Matter of fact, he might have even got four albums out of him all the features and shit and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you tho you a no limit? You're doing some features? God damn you believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we hear every day. And I was telling him it was like, yeah, you know like P did. At that point him, I'm like, well, I asked all them other niggas that was signing no limit them one million other niggas, how many did he buy them? One million dollars is to put it in their n I bet you go see the difference then all those.
Speaker 3: Guys from.
Speaker 2: Every bet it was mad at pick.
Speaker 1: I swear that got a pee did it wrong and P did favorous and put niggas off. So that's a whole nother story. Danny Boy was talking about his masters. He was like, well, even telling Snoop cauld Sloop got death, bro, you know some situation with og Harry shout out to hereo what up?
Speaker 3: Big picked off?
Speaker 1: And Danny Boy was like on an interview, like why would you give me my masters?
Speaker 3: I just do?
Speaker 1: It's like, and why is it somebody wants you to give them something?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I sang on it, But why you don't say, hey man, look this was I got. Why you don't go find somebody they gainsted it and make a deal with somebody to come spend some money with this nigga and get your shit. Why is it always it was cool when you got to check, but now that could check gone, it's a bad deal. I'm telling you, man and one to be straight until somebody win off of it. I can't imagine how many fucked up checks pub wrote publishing and unpublishing deals didn't work out. There's no way if he wrote five checks with the publishing deals workedouts, he wrote fifteen checks where they didn't.
Speaker 2: Work Where where are all the exposa is in Forbes magazine about people who developed an app and then some venture capitalists bought twenty five percent of it for a million dollars and then they ipo'ed and the adventure capital guy got ten billion and him like, you didn't even fucking do any third, and he went for a billion to ten billion of n made the fucking app. You were thrilled to death with your million bucks that day. Thrill to death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: We need to hear the story. We need to have adventure capitalist tell the stories of all the investments that they made, and somebody just made two million dollars and then a venture capitalist just lost.
Speaker 2: That's ninety percent of them. I used to go to those DC conferences. Yeah a lot. They're they're great to go to. But ship learn a lot.
Speaker 3: Damn damn. You still ain't hit.
Speaker 4: But they don't quit.
Speaker 1: No, why would they?
Speaker 4: That's what I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that ship.
Speaker 1: Is crazy as hell with me. I just I'm gonna get it, Pete. I thought about it, and it's like consensual rip. You feel what I'm saying. Yeah, you can get the pussy, but if you get the pussy too much, I'm gonna tell everybody and cry. Rate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's almost like a hooker coming back to you with the child support a claim that's not the deal we had.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, would that work?
Speaker 2: I mean, anybody can paint anything on you if the blood test comes back about how well for you?
Speaker 4: If that work, that's kind of.
Speaker 1: Imagine a hooker coming back following the child support claim movie.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it happened. I believe it happened.
Speaker 2: Sure it happens, especially like like the high the high end hookers. You know they're trying to squeeze those ruppers off.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know they didn't they didn't murk the fuel before. They wanted to keep that one though. You know, they got a cool little cemetery.
Speaker 2: But you know that's that's that's like a raved onwn of an episode, y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that. I'm pretty sure you can google it, nigga. It's a story out there.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that story of working with Drake.
Speaker 2: And that lady from starts from right.
Speaker 1: He got the baby with.
Speaker 2: Possibly mighta wasn't surprising.
Speaker 4: He wasn't trying to have a babywhere mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean he was hiding it, right, Because if you're like a high end hooker, you signed an n DA an NDA has its limitations. You're just not supposed to talk about him. Doesn't mean if I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you gotta be a sick ass nigga and nothing to processit to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah I do, Yes, you do.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure it's a lot of sick niggas.
Speaker 2: But if it's negotiated in the deal, can imagine.
Speaker 4: Like, man, ain't no way she want my baby?
Speaker 2: So she this is what niggas do that she doesn't want to be out of work for nine months like that. She would never.
Speaker 1: Hold up bro oh processitute coming back filing child support.
Speaker 3: Nigga, that's funny as fuck.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: We need to put that in Fleetwood Brown. One of them can help me. Tripped out and he's got a prostitute pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a quick little scene.
Speaker 1: She ought to be a different dude, the bare back of prostitute.
Speaker 4: Yes you do, Yes, you probably do.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking that's what's been happening.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, I would be scared to death. You couldn't put a gun to.
Speaker 3: My head and beard a prostitute.
Speaker 2: Oh fig man, man, that's that. That's twenty one questions, the totally different questions than Jada's.
Speaker 1: Bruh, this is crazy. My mind is fucking blown. A prostitute coming back filing child support doubt?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You know what is Some sick ass niggas in the South through some of the homids down there are sick. Shout out to all my brothers down there. But when I used to hang with some of them rappers, you.
Speaker 4: You seeing it like, okay, y'all different.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'll never get We was in the club and I with Briscoe. Shout out to Briscoe. Briscoe from Florida and Briscoe. We at the club in South Carolina or it was in one of them. It was like that, where's that that beach town?
Speaker 2: Like Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Myrtle Beach, Yeah, Myrtle Beaches at North Carolina, South Carolina, Southolk. So we was in Myrtle Beach or was it one of them beaches And it was like a big day and we were tuning on them, burning on them, and we act that one for the show and they wrapping up the set and Bridge Goo was like, yeah, that you said we paying for pussy. I remember, just fame back into the bushes like that Homer Simpson. That Homer Simpson mean when he faded to the bushes.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, Like nigga know we not, don't we?
Speaker 1: They really were? They was damn yeah, man, that's how you the hottest nigga in the world and you're gonna pay a bitch for some pussy.
Speaker 2: They're buying their time back. Cashus came down here.
Speaker 1: Cash you can get all of the same things for free just being the nigga.
Speaker 2: You give him some money, and you know what, you've bought them out of the right.
Speaker 4: To talk like I don't want to talk, like I'm.
Speaker 1: Not trying to get trying to talk to them.
Speaker 3: No, one don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody trying to talk to listen, So all the women, that's.
Speaker 4: Life and it's for sale. So okay, man, let's go get your man.
Speaker 2: And we were just.
Speaker 4: Cutting straight to the board, like get all that out the way. I don't think that's some funny ship to yell on the stage.
Speaker 1: He said that, and it's cash money. Niggas is the hottest nigga in the country. Waite's on the bird dropping cart three.
Speaker 4: What happened when he said that? Did they flop?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I backed up so far out the way I couldn't even see what the fuck happened.
Speaker 2: I was figger service came escort at an out for his own safety because of the absolute you know avalanche.
Speaker 4: It was gonna pay for it for you.
Speaker 1: That that happened. Somebody tried to buy. I was like, bro, I wouldn't ever give me. No. The girl told me, she's like, I ain't gonna blow the homie up because I don't know if you mean I gonna super Florida legend tried to behind me. Some pussy and I was like, I can't do it. The girl was like, yeah, you know you already paying me to paid you that I am the local you have. I am Joe Blow the nether Man. You should be paying me.
Speaker 3: Did you feel away simply you still felt like you was the trick?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I think La just raises so different. Even when Baby was trying to buy my publisher for a quarter million dollars, he would have lost, and I remember he was like, yeah, gee, I got a quarter million for your pub man, let's do it. And I'm like, yeah, you know in the back of my mom like I'm not you know, because you hear all these silly ass stories about biggest selling publishing. You don't nigga that I know will cognive understan standing of the math percentag. I remember I was like, man, bad you want to buy my posse to re court me? Like we ought to sell it that way. They always had to be invested. That nigga head was right. He ain't knew two or three things about the music business that early, but he was like that Shiit resonated in my mind because it made the most sense. I was like, this little Nigga, probably right, and I didn't sell it and now thee That's.
Speaker 2: What Williams said. The same thing. Was there that famous interview he did with that Wanda Lady of the Atlanta Radio deal. I used to listen to that on my way. That's who bank to go do stand up. That was that was what I prepped my mind to on the way to the show to get on stage. But he was saying, like, I own all my specials lock Stock and Barrel. I don't have any white business partners. That's why you don't see HBO the showtime promoting my stuff because they don't own any of it. True.
Speaker 1: And that's the exact same person and head said that ship before that. This is before that, and they was like, man, we should have sold it because they would have to push the records harder to get their money back. And that's what I'm saying. That's my point about some of these artists were talking about. They don't realize some of that ship probably wasn't gonna hit. If these people then spend that money to try to get their money back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like most of them.
Speaker 1: It's make me more curry. That's crazy, more curry artists. No, no. Mark Curry was a rapper that was signing bad.
Speaker 4: He was on Bad Boys for Life. He was on Bad Boys for Life.
Speaker 1: Gotcha Barreon, bim bim bam bound Think Bawn bim Bawn Bound Bound bamm Bamn wasner though, Puff is cold cuz oh we don't go to jail, cause that'd be sad. What's up with it? G l a double dollar signed each side. That's right, glasses and alone and on motherfucking September twenty second, I'm dropping my new album, Cancel These Nuts. But for anybody that want to support right now, hop online, go to the cryptstore dot com. That's right, the crypt Store th h E c R I P S t O r E dot com and buy a physical copy right now autograph from me right now. You can have it ahead of time before it's on all streaming sites. So social support to the real was you know what I'm saying. Jump on the cryptstore dot com and buy my new album, Cancel These Nuts, buy it right now before it drops online. September twenty second. Yeah, the cryptstore dot com. But looking out for tuning into the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share, This episode is recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. You produced by my homeboy A King, for the Black Effect podcast network at now Hard Radio. Yes