Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Air on air with a Ryan Seacrest. In a relationship, it is important, and we advocate that you take time to just be. Don't even make a plan, just literally, I don't know if you can. Maybe you do have to make a plan, but just be, like put your phone down, put any device that chirps away and down, and like talk, yes, ask questions, laugh, And people are doing this on something called the bottle Night.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this couple went viral because they posted what they do and they they kind of they call it bottle night. And I'm sure every couple has polished off a bottle of wine or two in their day and sit in there and talking and stuff like that. But I guarantee you that you did not lock your phone away or didn't have the TV on in the background or your Apple Watch. Even so, this is completely going off the grid, and it's almost like you're camping. I don't know if you guys have ever been camping where you don't have Wi Fi and you just don't have any sort of question camping.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying like recently, never been camping, because I just did it like two years ago and it was such a trip because we were kind of like on two different campsites and I didn't have Michael, and I was like, oh, I'll just text it.
Speaker 1: My brother looks at me, He's like, you can't text him, and I was like, oh my gosh, it's such a weird adjustment. So, yes, going off the grid completely for bottle night means that the two of you lock your phones away, the TV is off, and each of you grab a bottle of your favorite wine. So you polish off two bottles by sitting there and just talking and spending that you have your own.
Speaker 2: Bottle back and forth like a couple. I guess you can do whatever you want. Yeah, you take a sip. By take a sip. You take it, and you're supposed to drink it without a glass right out of Yes, yes, that's the catch.
Speaker 1: I think the bigger takeaway is that the devices are out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not shocked you say that. Not people don't do that. I often will put my device in a drawer just to put it out of the way, out of either Yeah. The norm I put it in a drawer, and I sometimes I forget which draw I put it in, because you know, you just sort of say, I'm putting it somewhere, then you put it away and then you're like.
Speaker 1: What I put?
Speaker 2: What? Where's that?
Speaker 5: Girl?
Speaker 2: But I love to put my device away. Okay. So if we were to do bottle night and put our phones away, what would you choose to drink? Siciny?
Speaker 1: I would definitely do a red maybe a Bordeaux.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you beats out in no time. That's got a high percentage of alcohol. Well that's what I would want, but that would put me to sleep so fast. Okay, what would you pick? Tanya?
Speaker 6: Probably an orange natural wine?
Speaker 2: Do you like them? The color of them freaks me out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Same, we do like them.
Speaker 2: Oh what would you pick? I like a Sando Vi see like a Barolo or that's what I was going to choose asendi vas that's good stuff. That's the one I was going to choose. Like an Italian wine for me a Kianti.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: I love a Kianti.
Speaker 2: So I would you we could have bottle night? Bro, I'm down right. When is the guy coming in from West Virginia? Though I don't want to. I don't want to have a conflict in your social schedule. Uh yeah, I like I like Enzy grape as well. Let's make it box night, everybody, come on, let's have some fun. Ruby. What would your what would your bottle be?
Speaker 1: I probably do like is it game or gamey.
Speaker 2: Heard of it?
Speaker 1: Oh it's really good. It's a red or a pino?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Well thanks, No one's doing with Rose michaela. What would you have?
Speaker 1: That's like day drinking. I probably have a pino as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, very very good answers. So sophisticated wine drinkers around here. All right, let's come back bottle night here. So last week I spilled water into the console here, and I'm just happy to report tubs that everything is still working. Why because I acted fast and I quickly sponged it up while Sysney was doing her Sysney report.
Speaker 1: That's wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he kept saying after the show last week, he kept saying, what if you know, what if that gets in the equipment? What if it gets in the the box stand? So good he give you?
Speaker 6: Did he give you new rules for your studio?
Speaker 2: I mean the rules are don't have an open cop but that's some days that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're supposed to have sippy cups.
Speaker 6: He told me that too.
Speaker 2: I have that done oscar Myer Wiener hot dog stick. Have you gotten that yet?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Take a look on take a Google look. Okay, So what this is we like as a as a as a people, as a group, as a country, America has polarizing foods. Like you know when you say to somebody, hey, do you want cilantro and the welcome on andre like no, Like they get so viscerally upset, like polarizing for yeah, like like if you say you, if I say I like cilantro and somebody doesn't like sancho, they get heated about it.
Speaker 1: Cilantro is an interesting one for me. Cilantro, you don't like it, I don't prefer it. I will eat I will eat around it. My mom when I was growing up, my mom cooked with a lot of cilantro, and so me like, I was over over cilantro in my childhood too much. So now I'm like, I'll push it to the side.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like I had too many cool inch toritos, says a kid. I can't have too many.
Speaker 6: Now that's a good one.
Speaker 2: What is so? What is your what is the food that you would be very upset about? Like, what is the one If I got.
Speaker 1: A Caesar salad and I had anchovies on it, it's a done deal. Can't eat it?
Speaker 2: But I would, I don't know that next to you and eat all of the you don't. I mean, I love anchovies.
Speaker 1: And now if you were like at a nice dinner and I'd be like, Ryan, eat myself chevies.
Speaker 2: Well, but you know my mom and my so, my mom, my sister, my sister and my mom don't eat anchovies. And we get a Caesar salad and they put anchovies on top, and we take all of them.
Speaker 1: Take them please.
Speaker 2: So anchovies number one on the list family the America's most polarized fruits.
Speaker 3: Not for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Tanya, what do you really despise?
Speaker 4: So the one thing that you could put on like my favorite food, You could put my favorite salad, my favorite anything, and I will not eat it because it makes me so grossed out.
Speaker 2: As blue cheese, I love, you know, I love that. Blue cheese makes my cheeks wet. Blue cheese actually makes my cheeks perspire.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan of blue cheese either.
Speaker 6: I honestly hate it.
Speaker 2: Let's play all along nexture.
Speaker 6: Is it tastes like foot.
Speaker 2: Smell. All right, let's play yum or yak. So here we go, everybody here of it in your car. So ches, black licorice.
Speaker 10: Yuck, yeah, yuck, yum, yeah on you yum okay yum or yuck.
Speaker 2: Polarizing foods oysters.
Speaker 1: Yum yeah, not the Great beat yum yeah yum.
Speaker 2: Blue cheese yum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: These are polarizing foods. Okra yum.
Speaker 1: I need to be reminded what it is.
Speaker 2: The green slimy vegetable. The seeds in the middle a little looks like a green pencil.
Speaker 1: I'm a pass on that.
Speaker 6: Cucumber.
Speaker 10: No, it's okra, all right, I'm gonna capers, yum, capers, Brussels sprouts. But they cause gas, cares, they cause gas for Utian.
Speaker 6: Yes, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I had cabbage, I think yesterday. No, two days ago, I had cabbage. We're dealing with it.
Speaker 1: Cabbage, yeah, little gas. Just get it out.
Speaker 2: No, it's not good because then fennel fenneled yum or ye yum yuck tastes like black.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not a phanof aenal Well.
Speaker 2: Let me ask the backroom so we know, Sydney, you don't like Cilantro backroom Cilantro yammer yak yum. Cut and pickles yammer yak ya yum yuck. Okay, finally mayonnaise yamer yuk. I say yuck.
Speaker 1: I say yum yum.
Speaker 2: Got bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches, I say yum yuck. Sardines, I say yum yea yuck. That's why I come to work. Well, we need to have a family meeting gathering. Everybody. Where were you when you heard this story about one of Sistany's kids having their.
Speaker 1: First Yes, I didn't believe it either.
Speaker 2: Who was it? Why don't you guess Maxon?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding? How did I guess that?
Speaker 1: My little sweet just full of love? He's five?
Speaker 2: So Maxon has a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't a girl, old friend it was, I guess. I mean a girl who's a friend who he felt impelled to kiss on the cheek.
Speaker 2: Well, but when you grow up, that's a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, But I feel like Maxim has lots of girlfriends. Like it's you know, he's not like in a relationship, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Well, you can do that when you grow up too.
Speaker 1: But it was the way I found out that was really interesting because I'm I'm kind of friends with the mom she told another mom who I'm really good friends with, and that mom told me all the moms are talking about it. Yes, it was a cute little totally was. And then once I found out, I was like, oh my gosh. I confronted him and it took a minute to like get it out.
Speaker 2: I need to know the words. This is I don't. This is so not in my world. What are the words you said when you confronted your five year old son about kissing somebody?
Speaker 1: I said, I heard that you kiss somebody at school?
Speaker 2: And did you say, Maxim come here? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Alone.
Speaker 1: When I have these conversations, I don't do them, especially in front of Aze or vice versa, because either one of them, whoever's you know, having the conversation to the other one, will chime in with their input and it's like we can't it's too much. So yes, privately I'm asking him and he he is like, you know what, He's what what's that song we were talking about there? That he love the way you lie? Like he really will hold strong and I have to pull it out of him and and I said like, well, you you can't just you can't just kiss people without their permission, and he's just like, well I didn't. And so then I was like, okay, I need to get more information. So then we were at a school function like the next I was basically like, okay, you know, like you keep your I said, keep your hands to yourself at school, just like a new rule. Same thing, same thing. This has been like an ongoing thing though, Like he's like a hugger. He like sometimes hugs and like picks up. It's just too much, like you got to keep your hands to yourself. It's just then it's a.
Speaker 2: Little That's what I'm saying, and picking someone up, don't take me up exactly.
Speaker 1: So then I we're at the school function and I see the mom that has a little girl that it happened with whatever, and I'm like, hey, I'm I heard. I'm so sorry like whatever, and she was like, oh, she was probably asking for it.
Speaker 2: She didn't even care not. I was like, they're five.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 1: Well, the way I noticed it is because we were there. The little girl came up to Max and she's like hi, Maxon like I mean totally dy Bertie and that's why the mom like knew, and so I was like, okay, so we're good, and it is too fast, and I was like, hey, i'mbout just no more kissing at school. But she'll do this with He'll do this with Asa, like they'll be in the playroom and he'll like try to kiss her, like mom.
Speaker 2: Max and kissed me. What's where's Michael standing all this?
Speaker 1: You know it's the same. I guess sometimes we do. We like to have our own temperate progress.
Speaker 2: Boy, No, not at all.
Speaker 4: No, No, I do feel like this happens though, and then it skips a bunch of years because I had my first kissing kindergarten and then not until like high school.
Speaker 2: Not wait, I want to ask that. So your first kiss was in kindergarten, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I kissed a boy behind the lips, yeah, behind like the shed at my school. But then I didn't kiss a guy for many many years. I think my sophomore year of high school I had my first kiss.
Speaker 2: What was your first kiss, Sisen?
Speaker 1: Mine was in sixth grade. We were playing Truth or Dare I was in sixth grade too, That was like a game. Or did you have a romantic reation.
Speaker 2: Shift it was. There was a girl that I liked, and we made a plan to time. We're in different classrooms. We made a planted time going to the bathroom at the same time. You had to get the eraser from the teacher.
Speaker 6: Didn't you have a jolly rancher?
Speaker 2: I had a watermelon jolly rancher. Yeah, And she met me at the bathroom and by the water fountain. But you don't have like three minutes you get the hall pass, all right. That was fun, It was. It's the beginning of a lot of things. Siny, I'll keep you post. That's very cute and sweet. But he's gonna he's going to grow up the fastest.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I don't know y'all ready.
Speaker 2: For this the morning hack here it is in your quote of the day. So if you're doing any of these, you should stop. These are the top three hygiene mistakes that we all make. Brushing your teeth after every meal twice daily. I do it, probably more twice daily is plenty. Otherwise you can erode your teeth.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good to know.
Speaker 2: Taking too many showers? How many showers today? Tubs for you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: None, got asked.
Speaker 6: I take a lot of showers.
Speaker 2: Tiny. How many for you today? Probably one.
Speaker 4: In the morning, three three I do morning, I do after my workout, and then I do before bed.
Speaker 1: You don't wash your hair?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, three times a day? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the back, number three hygiene mistake we all make. Putting laundry detergent on top of your clothes. Put it in first so the water distributes even lee on your that's true.
Speaker 1: I forget about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 1: Smoan Biles claimed her sixth career gold medal in the women's gymnastics all around final. Sony Lee took home the bronze. US swimmer Kate Douglas won the gold in the women's two hundred meter breaststroke, and the team USA's Reagan Smith took silver in the women's two hundred meter butterfly. Plus, you know, the US women's basketball team extended its Olympic winning streak to fifty seven games after defeating Belgium. A second Kobe Bryant statue will be unveiled in a private ceremony today outside Lakers Arena, with public viewing available starting tomorrow morning. Mayor Karen Bass will make a second trip to Paris to take part in the Olympic Game's closing ceremony on August eleventh, and its official Harry Underwood is now joining American Idol as the new judge, replacing Katie Perry on on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: So, a lot of people we are talking about being a victim of the friendship recession? What is it?
Speaker 1: Sisn'ty America is experiencing this right now, and it's basically the average thirty year old has lost around five friends since the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, how we lose the five friends?
Speaker 12: You could?
Speaker 1: You could kind of say, oh, because we were so isolated, we didn't go out as much anymore, and then once we did, we got really busy with work. And now we're taking two jobs on because we have to make more money or like whatever it is, right, Excuses excuses for just not having the time to reach out to these said friends. So the ones that really didn't like make an impact in your life, you've just cut out because you don't have the time.
Speaker 2: I don't think I did that, but I have, like, over the years, slowly gotten it down to just a handful that are the we call the core group. Core one, Core two, and then there's people that you've been friends with over the.
Speaker 1: Years, like the A, the A friends friends.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, if you have to get a table for six, there's Core one, if you can get twelve, Core two right. If it's a birthday party, maybe Core three right, But they're all in course. You can see the diagram in my room if you'd like to see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd love to see that.
Speaker 2: It is very of sorts.
Speaker 1: When I was reading this article, it said that males are more prone to being in a friend recession than females.
Speaker 2: What's your take on that? Well, I don't know that I need a lot of friends. I need friends.
Speaker 1: You do. That's another thing that it said, like having friends, like it's good for the soul, like we all know, like the blue zone, Like you need to have community. You can't just be like alone all the time. Alone time is great, but.
Speaker 2: Timely that you bring this up, and it just struck me. Tomorrow, I'm hosting my high school football buddies to dinner.
Speaker 1: That's cute. I love that I still get together with my high school girlfriends.
Speaker 2: You they're all rolling in and they're in for two days.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: What time's the dinner reservation six thirty. Nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, It's so funny. I was like, guys, what's your vibe? They're like, we can't hang like we used to. Like great six storty is good for me. So we're get together.
Speaker 1: Last words, anytime someone says like, oh I really wanted to be like a chill night, never the case.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've got a I didn't know what they do, honestly I do, but like they're in like management of apartments one one's FBI one.
Speaker 1: When's that.
Speaker 3: Way?
Speaker 1: You're always so intrigued by c.
Speaker 2: I I'm going to try and crack him. Crack him. I'm going to go for it tomorrow night. It's like, awesome, I did you show your badge? Yeah, I can't do it once ago undercover previously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fen Picks, Yeah, FaceTime us.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what will be top of mine. All right, it's time for this second date update. So here they go. They go out after they meet on Bumble a year ago, and everything was fine. I don't know why they didn't go out again for a while. We'll find out. But then last month they're back on it bumbling and they match again. So Cameron messages her and says, l O L when I go out again? And she's like yeah no. So they go out and had a great date. And now after two dates and a year later through Bumble, they're like not connecting because she's being quote he says, all weird and evasive, doesn't seem interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's strange, Cameron.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? How about yourself?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Well you've got me interested here, Cameron. I'm curious to find out. So you go out with her a year ago on Bumble? Why did you go out again a year ago? Why the big break?
Speaker 3: So the last time we went out it was like, like I said, it was a year ago. We went a Black Cat on Sunset and we just I feel like we just weren't feeling it. You know. Yeah, it was pretty quick, pretty chill. It was just I don't know, more like friends, you know, still kiss or anything. There just wasn't a romantic vibe. And I didn't the guy that.
Speaker 2: One of them, right, So then you okay, God, I understand that. So now a year goes by and you you message her because you're both on Bubble again. You match up and you say you want to go out again, But you didn't have a romantic vibe the first time? What made you want to go out with her again?
Speaker 3: I mean we matched again, so clearly you know there have been something there that I was missing.
Speaker 2: But that's the algorithm. That's the algorithm. You actually met her, and it didn't seem to click.
Speaker 6: Maybe it wasn't the right time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the time, you know, time changes, you know it was.
Speaker 2: It was different, but what happened this time was different?
Speaker 3: No, no, this time it was different. What happened we went out to the Thunderbolt in Echo Park and it was I'm telling you it was different. We laughed, it was flirted. There was great chemistry, you know, we touched like like her hand kept ending up on my thigh, you know, like on my leg and she would leave it there like it was great. But you know, her texts now are like a little weird, and you know she's not kind of available anymore. I feel like she's only replying like to be polite.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you this. So her hands on your thigh, did you kiss on? Was it romantic this time? Did you guys kiss after this day?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 3: No, Well, it seemed like we were gonna you know, there's that moment and then I paused, you know what I mean, But it seemed like it was there. It seemed like it was genuinely seemed like it was there.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's her name?
Speaker 3: Mia?
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay, hold on one second, Cameron, we have me A's information. Yes, we weren't trying to get me and find out why she disappeared a second time. I have to tell you this isn't he Tanya. I'm not so sure we need to make this call.
Speaker 9: Why.
Speaker 2: I'm no expert, but like they didn't click the first time, they didn't click the second time. What's the call?
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds you're like just based on the information that we just received. She was like giving him the signs to like maybe let's have a kiss, but but he didn't make the move.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: So now she thinks in her hatch, probably like why am I go this? God is not into me.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to save you a little life here. I'm telling you that, like time, what do you mean time?
Speaker 1: This is what we do? We gotta call her?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, but I'm gonna save him time too. This isn't gonna work out.
Speaker 1: You're gonna give him the offiction right now.
Speaker 2: I do this one. I do. Wow, you're not telling this one. I feel this one does not work out. Okay, so all right, what do you wanna do now?
Speaker 6: Well, you still got to do it.
Speaker 1: We don't have to.
Speaker 2: I mean, he can tell Cameron, did you find Mia?
Speaker 1: Yes, we found her.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's do it. Okay, we're here. I'm just telling you mark my words on this one. So not sure where you are, but right now we're on the line. It's a second date update in Echo Park, so if you're anywhere near there. Cameron reached out to us and he said, basically, he's gone out with Mia that met him Bumble a year ago. It didn't work out. It was more friend vibes than romantic vibes to me. The ship sails. Then right a year later, the MATCHI match matches them up on Bumble and they decide to go out again. Well, they do go out. He says, it always going great and everything, and she actually had her hand on his thigh at one point, but at the end of the date they didn't do anything romantic and she's now not responding or she's being weird and evasive. Right with the what can you give me an example of any response she's given you after this second date a year later.
Speaker 3: I kind of like some I mean, it's just like short Kurt, one word, you know, oh yeah, it's fine, you know, thanks, like you know, just it's okay, all right, got it the way it was before, you know.
Speaker 2: I do. I feel that I'm just trying to figure out what happened, like what she had to her.
Speaker 3: I had any sort of clue, I probably would not be calling.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 2: I get that. We're gonna try and find out out. So Cameron, here's the drill. Me has agreed to go on. So hold on, be very quiet, let's find out what we can. Okay, to see if it's gonna work out. But you know, to me, the universe is kind of saying, maybe it's not meant to be right. It's just but I want to be hopeful. Here we go, hold on, let me try it. Hi Mia, Hi, Hey, thank you for greed to come on with us. My name is Ryan. You're on the air with Tanya and Cistiny and I on Kiss FM this morning.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hey, So we're just gonna jump into something. We're calling you about a guy that you met and went out with named Cameron. Does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, we're just trying to get a vibe, like what do you think of Cameron?
Speaker 11: Honestly, it makes me kind of sad. You know, that seemed to be going somewhere until it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't It makes you sad? What makes you sad? What happened?
Speaker 11: Are we on the radio right now? I don't really feel comfortable going into the details.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then here can I have you tell speak with someone off the air? Would you like to do that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 11: Sure, yeah, all right, we don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll do that, and then, uh do you wanna you don't really want to go out with him again?
Speaker 11: I mean I thought that it was clear between him and I, like my whole demeanor, change my body language. I don't know, like did he ask.
Speaker 3: You to call me or something he did?
Speaker 11: Okay, And and he seriously doesn't know why I don't want to, you know.
Speaker 2: He seems he seems to not know why. I can tell you a little bit about what he told me. He told me that you were like you went out once a year ago, and then that was great, and then you match it up again a year later and you went out and had a sound like a good date, and he said that you were sort of you know, touchy, right, uh so he thought that was a good sign. And now he can't understand why you're being evasive. I think that kind of sums it up. Does that make sense?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but he seriously doesn't remember.
Speaker 2: What made me seem to He doesn't seem to recall what happened.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, I mean I was like really into him and I probably would have like gone home with him, but I don't know, Like all of a sudden, he just like started telling me these really weird like conspiracy theories that he's into, and it was just super super weird.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on for one second, Mia, I just want to tell you that he is here on the phone, Cameron, are you listening to me? So she thinks, look, it's not going to work out. You know, she felt like everything was going well, and then I guess you launched into some conspiracy theories about different things, which, by the way, can really you know, turn people off, forget people thinking. And I think that's what happened here. And so.
Speaker 3: The government has already come out and confirmed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just I'm just telling you that this for me as a spectator here is not going to work out, and I don't think that we should, you know, pursue this.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll find somebody else who shares the same passion.
Speaker 2: The good news is, Kevin, you're pretty clear on you know those things, and Mia is pretty clear that that's not for hers. So we're not going to waste any more time, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we like the ghost Buzzers movie or something. You don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think they shild sail on this. But I wish you guys the best of luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I mean I felt like that was no ground but a right maybe not.
Speaker 6: Cringe right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well it's time for hometown Off. It's Friday morning. See christ here, thanks for being on with us. We do this on Fridays where we just celebrate local businesses, people who are kind of doing what they love and making a living doing it. Molly Ritter is on the line. Her company is called Time like you know the herb heb Time, the Herb Time for honey in Studio City, and she's an actress still axe runs a small business, but she has a business making one of our favorite go tos I have this at night sometimes too. It's my dessert.
Speaker 1: That's so yummy nola.
Speaker 2: I love granola so much. I have this thing that granola. Yeah, there it is. Tony's showing me some granola right now. Anyway, she created Time for Honey the food blog, and here she is now a decade later, with her own granola. Hi, good morning. How are you Molly?
Speaker 5: I'm great?
Speaker 3: How are you Ryan good?
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the pictures of the granola I can my stomach's growling right now. So congratulations on creating your own business.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. Yeah, it's been I's a journey and incredibly rewarding as well.
Speaker 2: So tell us about I guess doing something that you So you were acting and you're still acting, but now this is more of your priority and takes more your time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it really took me by surprise. So during the pandemic, sitting at home like everyone else, I was still blogging and I wasn't really fulfilled doing that, and so I decided, well, maybe I would try creating my own product. And I was really trying to reinvent the wheel with coming up with something that no one had ever done before. Meanwhile, I had been making granola for myself for like a decade, and I was wandering through a farmer's market one weekend and I realized there was no granola at the farmer's market. And I said, well, you know what, I already make this. It's already delicious, so I'm just going to try it. I started cooking out of my kitchen, progressed into a commercial kitchen, and now I'm doing this full time and I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: So can I bring you into my home? After my watch Wheel Fortune? After I watch Wheel Fortune with the legendary Pat Sajack and Van White, I sometimes went to my kitchen and I'll get a bowl. I don't have your granola yet, but I'm going to. I've been using another granola that get the store. But anyway, I'll go into get my bowl. And I know a lot of people have it first dry snacks or breakfast, but I like it for a dessert. So I put in a bowl raspberries, blueberries, almond milk, a big dollop of almond butter, and then I pour granola on top of all of it, and I put cinnamon in it.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, oh yeah, oh yeah, you're speaking my language. In fact, my number one sellar is my paleo maple granola.
Speaker 4: People eat it as.
Speaker 5: A snack, they crumble it up on ice cream as a dessert. I like it exactly how you're describing it. With a big dog of almond butter, fresh fruit berries.
Speaker 2: So good, So Molly Ritter, our hometown hustler. Time for honey out of Studio City. If people want to check out your granola and see it like the chocolate, Oh, even the insto oatmeal. Oh, that's good, the chocolate strawberry. How do they find it?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: How can we order it?
Speaker 5: You can order it online at Timefohney dot com. Yes, Time is in the herb, or you can find me at the farmer's market. I'm in four farmers markets in sokow Alta Dina on Fridays, Lacaanata on Saturdays, and then we're in two farmers markets on Sunday's Largemont Village and the Pacific Palisade.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 2: Go to the farmer's market, Molly and tell her that you were listening and you heard it. And then you guys have a snack. Grab one of the bars. They look good too. The almond apple. Oh no, it's almond apricot.
Speaker 5: M yeah, yes, yes, all sorts of options.
Speaker 2: Only tragedy is that we're starving. Now that you've talked about you still have so much show to do.
Speaker 5: Okay, well we'll send you something.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Molly, thank you for coming on. Keep up the good work. I'm glad that this has found happiness for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye. On air with a Ryan Seacrest. All right, let's get to this. If you're trying to celebrate a birthday or something else, restaurants may not be an option. Sistney has got this story.
Speaker 1: Only there's a sweet spot for the number of people that you can go to a restaurant with nowadays, saying a large group, ain't it?
Speaker 2: What's that number?
Speaker 1: It's four and basically no more. Restaurants want our business, of course, but when we roll up with the huge group, it's a little bit difficult. There's staffing shortages. A party of eight, even a party of six is just too much work. From this article that I was reading, and here are some of the reasons why they don't like big parties. They say that big parties just suck up a lot of time because you're there, you're chatting. Maybe a few of you haven't seen each other for a long time, so it can take forty five minutes for a party of eight to just like look at the menu and even order.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 1: They reduce a restaurant's ability to turn over tables, and therefore it's less money. And then these parties are just noisy, and they say that they annoy the other customers and the other people that are there. It's like all these things make sense, but in your head you're like, well, it's my birthday or it was my friend's birthday. But I guess there's birthdays every night at restaurants because that's what you do. But there's and I kind of have noticed this. I don't know if you guys have noticed this when you try booking stuff. I use Open Table a lot to book reservations. And if I'm trying to book a party of five for my family's.
Speaker 2: Which is not a normal number, fine, right, it's like four or six.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and so I try five, and it'll be like, oh, there's nothing available till nine pm. So then I go four, and then I have a bunch of other options. There's so many more options when I just say four and so I've been Michael and I are like, how much longer Henry mills a party of four plus a high chair, because that's what we write in the comment. Plus the high should.
Speaker 14: Be more five tops. Who's to say you always have to have a couple with you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not about couples. We just went through why they want four. Well, I just saying that's that becomes a larger table and then it takes more space and threes.
Speaker 6: Threes should be encouraged as well.
Speaker 1: Threes are encouraged.
Speaker 2: Threes are fine, but it does take a long time. Like I know, when I go out with my friends and it's more than five or six of us, I'm like, guys can order well, yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you try to do six or more right now, like they'll do prefixed menus, it's a price per person.
Speaker 2: Then get to choose. Yeah, yeah, I mean I understand all sides of it. So when we go out, which is a lot of fun, before we talk socially, I asked everyone to have a moment of silence, to read the money and make their choices, read the menu like the choices, and then I say We're ready. Okay, everybody wins. Right, you get in, you get out. Now you can talk. And we turned the table over faster. But try that. Give them just ask moments, silence, everybody pick your what do you want? And then we'll move on.
Speaker 6: So super fun.
Speaker 2: So where did you go where they took you the other night?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been there twice already in these past two weeks, because last week we had a party of nine and I was having this issue. Everything was a prefixed menu and I had friends visiting from Texas and they have a family four. We're a family five. And shout out to Casa Vega, who doesn't make you do a prefixed menu or any of that stuff. Come on over.
Speaker 2: They are legends. They don't need to play games.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: It is what it is, exactly. But I understand that Jenna is on the line. Good morning, Jenna, how are you doing? Hi?
Speaker 11: Good morning, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: How are you super good? Thank you for plugging in to kiss on this National Raviolite day. So what happened with your cousin in the wedding?
Speaker 15: So I have this cousin. I'm a year older then, and I feel like our whole lives has kind of been like a comparison, like competitiveness, not like by any of us, by our families and whatnot. So we got engaged within two weeks of each other, and so we both started, you know, like planning the weddings. Now there's been this venue I've been eyeing for years, like well before I was with my fiance that I always wanted to get married at, and I talked about it, and you know, I've always dreamt about it a little pricey, So you know, I was figuring everything out, and my cousin went and booked it. And not only that, she didn't even tell me about it. She just posted on Instagram a story tagging the venue and the d she picked.
Speaker 2: How close to you to your cousin? Would you say? I took a sip of water to ask a question. Sometimes we ask a question then we know we can sip our water. But my question was you caught me midswig. My question was how close you to your cousin?
Speaker 15: We're pretty close, like we grew up together like almost like sisters.
Speaker 2: You know, but you're close now still as adult.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it doesn't sound like it. It's like bride Wars but now.
Speaker 15: My question is, like, can I still go to that venue? Like have our family? I mean half the guess at our wedding is going to be the same.
Speaker 1: Joe, you can can you make your day before hers and to the venue?
Speaker 2: Now we're getting I don't like all that. I just don't like that spirit so started it. Hey, she made the first move. She stole the headline. She did, she made the first move. She stole the headline. She may think she's being clever, but you know what, you're going to sit back in the pocket and you're going to come up with a clever plant. And it's not going to the same venue. Unfortunately, I know you got to change the venue.
Speaker 15: You think I have to look elsewhere?
Speaker 2: Are you going to go to her wedding?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'll go. You know, I'm I'm not thrilled with it, and like we didn't talk about it yet, so like my my family and my like my parents and my siblings. You know, we've discussed it and everyone agrees with me. You know that it's not right. But I don't know if I bring it up, if I let it go, like what to do for He and she.
Speaker 1: For sure knew that, like you wanted this venue.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, yeah, I think so tricky.
Speaker 1: That would like end game.
Speaker 2: That is that is real fighting, that's fighting. Yeah, okay, Jenna, luck with your plan and you'll find a venue. And here's the good news. My bet is that your marriage lasts.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, ry, we don't need to go there.
Speaker 2: No, her, I don't take your customs will last as long old karma, isn't he?
Speaker 1: I understand karma very well. We don't even right well.
Speaker 2: Jenna's cousin's wedding is fine now, but it's not gonna last. Jenna, is that what you want to get? You know what?
Speaker 15: At this point, at this point, you know what, you know what though dreams take it for me.
Speaker 4: You're you're going to find a better venue. You're gonna find a better venue in.
Speaker 2: Your year is gonna last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your kids are gonna be cuter, and.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna have a tall son, what I've always wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna get full rights, full right scholarships for college.
Speaker 2: All right, Jenna, thank you? Yes, Tony, what were you trying to tell us?
Speaker 4: No, I was saying, I think that this is all a sign that it's just going to be your wedding is gonna be even dreamier than she even thought.
Speaker 2: Well, how about a family member doing that? Is so no ratchet.
Speaker 14: People are so particular, you know, people are so particular about their wedding venues. Like I I've had friends who basically call like they've called NAPA, like nobody can get married to Napa this year because like they did call the whole tell me kind oh my gosh, Like Mexico's out too, because some of the nation like, okay.
Speaker 2: You want to get a continent while we're there.
Speaker 1: If one of my friends wanted to do their wedding at like the same venue that I got married at, or like the same date as my wedding day.
Speaker 2: Sit them down and say what I would be like, this.
Speaker 1: Is my wedding date. You can't you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well you did it. You don't have to worry about you know. So. iHeart Radio amazing, Download it, use it stream us. Also inside our page to kiss them page, there's a red microphone to talk back button and you can use it to send us messages. So here's when they came in and they're sort of all over the place. If you can't get in on the phone, or you want to just make it easy for yourself, leave us a voice message like Jackie in Highland.
Speaker 7: Hi, Ryan, you should definitely watch Breaking Bad. But The Gentleman, a guy ritchie flick series on Netflix is superb. I watched it twice in the last two days.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think it.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 7: Le Liam Helmsworth. I don't know actors names, but anyway, he is sexy.
Speaker 2: The Gentleman. Could you google that?
Speaker 1: That popped up on my speed I was intrigued by it as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, t O, Theo, Theo James the guy from Wild Wild Orchid.
Speaker 1: You mean white Lotus, White Lotus.
Speaker 6: Yes, he's hot.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you. He is hot and he's got a British accent. Really yeah, he's okay, his lips.
Speaker 1: I mean, his hair, everything about him, statue, it looks like a model.
Speaker 6: Is he dating anyone?
Speaker 1: He's my age. He's married married hold mom spouse Ruth Current married in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Tanya, are you I'm not saying I.
Speaker 6: Love a man that's in a committed relationship.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 2: He just had to be hot two years ago. Now he's got to be married.
Speaker 6: That's true. Makes him hotter, makes him so much harder.
Speaker 2: The gentleman committed king. All right, this is Cynthia in the five sixty. You want to talk back wrong?
Speaker 13: Marriage is not hard. And people that say that marriage is hard, do you even like your spouse? Why did you guys get married? If you don't like each other, you shouldn't be going around saying that your marriage is hard. I personally, we've been married happily. Of course we have some disagreements here and there, but I wouldn't say that our marriage is hard. I feel like he, in fact makes my life so much better and easier.
Speaker 2: Who said the marriage is hard?
Speaker 6: Sissy said it was hard work.
Speaker 1: Yes, hard work. Marriage takes a lot of work.
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: And she's lying, Yeah, I don't know if she's lying. I'm saying I think you're right, Diana, and see me Dalley.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Ryan, sisany Tanya you call my name for pay your bill and my dog just had a huge surgery and so thank you so much. I just crazy and all the messages I'm getting, tons of people heard my name. It's all over Facebook, and everyone knows about my dog. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, Diana. That makes my heart melt. We are total pet lovers and specifically dog lovers.
Speaker 1: I know when I think about the bills that we pay, I always go to all phone bill, you're an electrical bill, but something like that, it's like, yeah, that's a bill, and that's a burden. When it happens and you're like, how am I going to pay for this? But I'm going to do it?
Speaker 2: Then you don't see it coming. Here's Sean. These are talkbacks inside are i Heeart radio app. There's Sean.
Speaker 12: Hey, Good morning Ryan, and good morning Pain.
Speaker 2: This is Sean.
Speaker 12: I just want to say thank you guys. Sometimes I wake up just feeling lost, but having you guys in my morning routine it helps me get through my morning. And I just want to say, continue the great work you guys do and keep bringing its mouth to people's faces.
Speaker 2: Dude, that means so much. Thank you. Honestly, that is like the sweetest thing.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it too, Sean.
Speaker 2: The question was, Sean, were you turning or were those the hazards you over?
Speaker 6: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I don't think it.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was in his car, but I felt like it was like a computer sound or something.
Speaker 2: Click click, click, click there send us a talk back today or anytime inside the Ieart radio app. So one of the things that we like to do is to check in with everybody Ciciny, Tanya, myself, the back room to see what's going on. And in this moment, very few of us are in the active dating pool, but someone is. And Mikaela is that person in the back room. Micha, this is interesting concept. I think I understand it. But there's a dude that ghosted you that you liked, but then like was kind of rude by ghosting, and now he's come back into the picture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he texted me and was like, hey, how have you been? And I was like good, and then he asked to hang out, but then again nothing happened.
Speaker 2: You didn't hang out.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't end up hanging out again. You didn't the ghosted asked to hang out and then ghost again again. So I think I was like, I don't know, did this guy Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, No, it's not. I think what it sounds like is the guy is always looking for what's available.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The guy is just like whatever's convenient. It sounds like, right, It's like the convenient shopper, isn't.
Speaker 1: He m m yeah. I didn't think of that, like wow.
Speaker 2: Because if if he maybe he knew you liked it, so he figured you'd be there. And then when he decided it was on, you know, on his watch, it was a good time to come back. He figured you'd be there, and you were. And so it's the same thing cycling through. So now what do we do? I don't either, So now what do we do? I think we hate the fact that we like him. M hmm. Right, So but you can't be there again. Now that's the problem. Now you got to blow him off?
Speaker 1: No, no, but you.
Speaker 4: Can if you want to, just go on a date and just like get back out there, get your feet wet.
Speaker 1: What like, just go back on a date, like for the free mail.
Speaker 4: Not for the free meal. But like you know what they say, motion creates motion.
Speaker 6: Or what is it?
Speaker 2: No, it's motion creates the emotion.
Speaker 6: Emotion creates I don't know, but no.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, they don't say it. It was in the movie boiler Room and it's motion creates emotion.
Speaker 6: That's not what I was going for. What I was going for, Like most.
Speaker 1: You gotta get your momentum going anyway.
Speaker 4: Yes, like when you start, when you get back out there, you get your feet wet, they're going to start coming in.
Speaker 2: But you need to know the character you're dealing with. You need this is the convenience store shopper. So if you know that and you're fine with that, then okay, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I feel like if I go out again with him, it'll just like make me either like him more or not like him.
Speaker 1: So it's like I don't want to give my hopes. When was the last time you guys did go out? It was two months ago and that was the first initial ghosting. Yeah, so then it's been two months and he's.
Speaker 2: Been for two months and now all of a sudden he's come back going with suck.
Speaker 6: Yeah someone else, did you say anything?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't say any That's why I was like, at first, I was like, let me.
Speaker 2: Ask them before she responds to it. She comes to oz naturally.
Speaker 1: But my friends were all for it, and then they.
Speaker 8: Gave bad advice because what they say, they're like, I think you should just do it, Like what if he's the one, or what if it's meant to be? And then I was like, Okay, I'll give him another shot, and then nothing again.
Speaker 2: So now if he's again, he's a serial convenience store shopper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long has it been since you gave him that shot of responding back?
Speaker 8: He texts to me last week, so it should have been this week and probably weird.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing, that's what dating is.
Speaker 4: We can't fault this guy because that's what dating is.
Speaker 2: You is not like that all the time. She's being zombie, bench submarine something. I don't know what it is, but she's being it.
Speaker 6: But that's what it is.
Speaker 4: You do all these weird things until you like, actually really like someone.
Speaker 2: So let me just tell you, Mikaela. You can listen to whatever you want. But here's the deal. Is there anyone else right now?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Go out with them them, Wow with them. Know what you're getting into, Wow with them. Just go for it, Just go for it. But remember you know you know who he is going in, you know who he is, so knowing who he is, go for it.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you could get hurt because you're saying you kind of like him.
Speaker 2: Titania's point party dating, you might get hurt, but that was me. No, Titania's part. She said, it's all part of the dating thing, this whole part itself. I recognize your boys. Just look at me. No, she said, to the point of dating kind of is this stuff?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy's a convenience store shopper. I don't like him already, but let's go out with him.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you watch Love Island UK? No, Mikayla no oh. I was gonna give you an analogy like, don't be like Jess, but you won't get it.
Speaker 2: So, but motion creates motion, keep us posted. We're so into this.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 2: The things I've learned between Sisy and Tanya. I hadn't even known what kind of guy that was, except for I remembered it was Glenn.
Speaker 4: I dated this guy like totally ghost in me and we were supposed to go out, didn't meet up with me and we were supposed to go out. That was traumatic, and then came back like a month later, apologized profusely took me out.
Speaker 2: At least you have let it go clearly. Are we done?
Speaker 1: We're done?
Speaker 6: That's it. I'm gonna love you textas weekend. We're done.
Speaker 2: What is it gonna be about.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna be bopping around town this again.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna say, hey, do you want to get together?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, I'll have my phone charged and ready have it. Go on, guys, have a great weekend. Bye bye bye. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday.