Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four.
Speaker 1: Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for comedo Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR. I see Colin in Canada West and Idaho Scott for mayor everybody on the live chat what Up Jones one ninety nine. You could see us on YouTube streaming live. You're gonna see Mike's Big Dome too. Mike, who runs this take every Wednesday. Mike runs this place, gives us his new take. We discuss plus midweek major coming up this hour. I'm Steve alombre Covino. That is Rich.
Speaker 1: I am the mush Davis guy.
Speaker 3: Suck.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe if you didn't go to that game, the Mets would have broke the streak.
Speaker 2: No. The fun fact is it doesn't matter what gamic coodo. They lose them all.
Speaker 1: They're going through thirteen tonight.
Speaker 2: But it's NFL Draft, Eve, and we talk some NFL draft right now on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm a mora, I am a I am a moron, I'm a lawyer to believe the Mets had a chance. And by the way, Sam, can you play the Sesame Street twelve song one last time? Because I have a question for Mike who runs this place. You're a guy with knowledge? Did you know that was the pointer?
Speaker 1: Sisters?
Speaker 3: I told you that. I'm the one who told you guys that like months ago.
Speaker 1: Maybe he did. Yeah, I talked about it on the History Channel. Oh History.
Speaker 3: Actually, to be fair, I asked you, guys if you knew the answer, and Steve did know the answer. If you did not.
Speaker 2: I told you how to get to Sesame Street. I grew up there, man, Yes, I did know. I grew up on the mean streets of Sesame. So I'm Steve Cabino. That is Rich Davis, Mike who runs his take, who runs his place is here, Danny g Iowa, Sam Bayer, the whole team is here. We're all excited for tomorrow broadcasting line from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Remember be sure to tune in to Fox for Radio Draft Night Live, which is Manyana tomorrow night at eight pm Eastern. Throughout the first round of the Draft. Insider Jay Glazer, former Falcons GM Terry Fontano College Football Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Are very on.
Speaker 2: LaVar Arrington and Fox Sports Lead college football reporter Jenny Taft will have you covered for all thirty two picks with predictions and reaction all and it's going to be here on Fox Sports Radio and the YouTube channel. Just search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. Eight pm Eastern, all brought to you by we Bullets. Time to get your financial portfolio game ready with wee Bowl. Get powerful investing tools in real time data, all on one platform. Get started by downloading the wee bol app. Today we're visiting wee bowl dot com.
Speaker 4: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: All right, now, Mike, before you hit us with your hot takes, Yes, sir, Mike runs his take.
Speaker 1: Who what are your thoughts on Soto?
Speaker 2: Is it lame that this dude hasn't talked to his teammates during a twelve game skid?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's terrible, awful. Okay, I'm not a lot Okay, yeah come on now, No, A way more serious. We need a little chemistry, A way more serious question tomorrow when they have the draft party here for the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yes, we all have to get food on our way out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know it'll be catered and it's that weird feeling of like, well, it's not my food, but yeah, ribs, I'll order some extra just for you. Pretty some uh ways home to my daughter. Dad brought home food and I actually got a question from Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh great.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the first round teams tomorrow with more than one pick, Jets, two and sixteen, Giants, Browns, Chief Stelphan's Cowboys. The question was who has the most pressure? I think it's obviously the Cowboys, just based on expectations they have the twelfth and twentieth pick. Is there a clear answer for you it has the most pressure, it's the Giants. For me, we have got two top tens, two top tens. You try to do something the top top tens, and you have fans favorites already scataboo and they're and.
Speaker 3: They're yeah back, they're looking to like make do some damage this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a year where if if they draft properly, with weapons in place, they could win ten games.
Speaker 1: To make the playoffs on This could be the turnaround here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: You know who doesn't like to pay players on the other side of the ball, and the defensive side of the ball is the Kansas City Chiefs. And they got that twenty ninth pick by trading McDuffie to the Rams. They got to get it right because they want that five year contract to be able to control it. They need a pass rusher, they'll probably be their first pick. They need a wide receiver. They have a couple of needs, but they need to get it right in the draft because of how they don't like to break out that check book.
Speaker 2: And and you got to think like, well, the Chiefs are coming off a dynasty run. You still have Patrick Mahomes and you you still have your core pieces.
Speaker 1: You want to keep that vibe goal.
Speaker 2: You still have Andy Reid, and you saw that Denver got a lot better. Denver should have went to the Super Bowl. Have they not had injuries? The Chargers are better and the Raiders are going to get better with a couple.
Speaker 1: So like the Chiefs, there is pressure to keep up with the Joneses. I guess you would say.
Speaker 2: Who has the most pressure on them? More feedback on our YouTube page at Covino and Rich FSR And of course, what do you think, dB, what.
Speaker 1: Do you social media?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 6: I think it's far and away the Dallas Cowboys. I think for giving up Michaeh. Parsons, how that turned out, so that kind of plays into this a little bit, the moves that they then made after the fact, you now have to hit these picks and for an offense that I think is fine.
Speaker 1: And there's news.
Speaker 6: Today that they're not going to negotiate a long term deal with George Pickens, so if he does sign that tag, it's they could take him next year. But I think that Dallas needs to hit because just the same stuff that you're saying about the giants in that division as well. I think that division is gettable and I just think it's the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, Dan, if I changed my mind and agree with you that it is the Dallas Cowboys, will you admit that I do, in fact run this place.
Speaker 1: Can't do no.
Speaker 6: I think the mic, the mic that the guy who runs this place joke is actually I'm Cavino and Rich that you thought he ran this pick. Yeah, I mean it's not on Mike's stature. It's just that oh, that guy must be in charge.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 1: The only thing Mike runs is this take coming up?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, let's get into it right now. We do it every week with Mike. He's got a hot take and we discuss.
Speaker 1: So let's go produce the microphone Assassin. It's time for Mike. Who runs this take?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 6: Big Mike may get to be in charge of the segment, but he still doesn't run this place. He really doesn't even run this segment when you think about it, because this Mike can be turned off by Sam at any moment.
Speaker 7: That may be true. Big Mike does get to pick the topic and then CNR offer their strong opinions on it. Consider it a warm up to midweek Major Mike who runs this take?
Speaker 1: All right, what's.
Speaker 5: Michael?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need a little help from Iowa Sam here on this. So let me ask you guys. Yeah, do you remember this iconic highlight.
Speaker 1: Third and thirty one? Quick kick?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 9: Remove a flag on the play Jimmy the jet got in between him, but it's Reggie Thurton to pick up. O. Don't get a little bambal. You talk about a back player, you talk about a plan gone bad. We'll see what the flag means. But if the play holds up, it's sixteen nothing in la.
Speaker 1: No, I don't but really, no sounded old. I don't know what that is? Was I alive? No?
Speaker 3: Seriously? Okay, all right, how about this one?
Speaker 1: Oh it's been an old lightsY struggle.
Speaker 9: A championship someday, but price and de chambo Pani's at the moment, I don't remember that anything.
Speaker 3: Cove No, I do nothing. Now, you guys got nothing? No, I mean no, all right, Well, I can guess the reason you don't know what any of those highlights are is because none of them mattered and nobody cares because that's an XFL highlight and a live golf highlight.
Speaker 1: Oh you got a Mike.
Speaker 8: And my take today, if it wasn't for you, is why on earth do we keep running out these secondary professional leagues that fold after two or three years XFL, USFL, three on three basketball, live golf, They never go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. Are these just tax right offs?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What exactly is going on with these sports, with these pro leagues that nobody gives a rents?
Speaker 2: It's about it's a good take because has any of those even the Big three, like have they ever taken off? And then it's on the heels though of them saying Live Golf.
Speaker 3: Probably going to bryceon de Shamba is still out defending the Live Golf Tours says it's it's gonna go forward and they're going going to make it work. But I mean literally why Dan Bayer.
Speaker 1: Yes, So it's probably gonna end after this year.
Speaker 6: They have enough funding for the rest of this year, but the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia will not be funding it as much really at all in the future, but they have been funded for this year now. In Live's case, it was really in hopes of I think, taking over all of golf and not just being a healthy competitor to the PGA Tour. It was let's just steal all of the PGA Tours players and if that doesn't work, well, we'll see if we can maybe even team up in a way, because there had been talks of the two sides working together in the same world. The Saudis wanted in on the PGA Tour, and a lot of the reason was for sports washing to try to cover up the atrocious things that they have done in Saudi Arabia, but not everything ended up happening as they would have hoped. Live Golf never got the traction that it would have hoped, and they aren't making any money on it. They're losing millions upon millions of dollars on it, and that's why it's likely going to go away.
Speaker 2: And you know what, Mike, I I think it's ego and I'll tell you why. Okay, Cavino and I have talked about this for years. Every town or city across America has one store a storefront that no matter what goes there, it just doesn't work. Like it was a frozen yogurt plays, Oh what a cool little spot closed down.
Speaker 1: Oh it was a little burrito spot. You know, it just didn't work out.
Speaker 3: That's just because there's no parking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: But but but every next company thinks, well, my idea is good enough.
Speaker 1: They may have failed, but not me. I'm a genius.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a lot of people with big money that have had success in other avenues of their life to think, yeah, the XFL, the USFL, Live Golf all these failed, but not me. I look at it like, well, yeah, there's definitely ego involved. For sure, you have to have big ego. You have to be overly confident to think that you're gonna be the league or the team that works. Justin Timperley said I could revive my space like that was just because he thought I'm.
Speaker 3: Cool, I'm big enough all by myself.
Speaker 2: I remember when Well, MySpace is a great example. Actually, I think it's just business. When you have a big piece of a pie, right, there's a lot of people that want a small piece of it. Like, man, look at all the money the NFL is making, Look at all the money that golf is making, Look at all the money that MySpace is making. And that just spawns competition and people want to get even a tiny piece of that or counterprogramming, if you will. Like for example, this past weekend was Coachella weekend, right, yeah, so fred Durst said publicly.
Speaker 1: Like, yo, why can't we have a new cella?
Speaker 2: Because if there's that much of a market there for Coachella, why isn't there an alternative of metal of new metal and rap?
Speaker 1: So he reached out to Lil Wayne.
Speaker 2: You know why, because there's money to be made, but it doesn't guarantee that people will come and people will care because it's an inferior sort of product and get this, but it could spawn competition. It just seems like none of these all tech leagues work because they're not as superior as the NFL, and they seem second tier. I'll tell you why, Mike. Also because sometimes a good number two.
Speaker 1: Does all right.
Speaker 2: And I watched a show on the History Channel The Toys That Made America or Built Americal The Toys that Built America.
Speaker 1: Sorry, History Boy, I'm on season three. Look it up.
Speaker 2: There was an episode about Transformers and how that's like a bazillion dollar industry, the movies, the action figures. But I was stunned to know that go Bots, which I always thought of, was like the bootleg Transformers.
Speaker 1: How much did Gobots make?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not that how much they made, it's that they came out first, and go Bots ended up like.
Speaker 1: Even old enough to remember when that happened, but like even.
Speaker 2: Though Transformers ended up being the main one, but Transformers looked at it and said we could do this and do it better, and that's what they did.
Speaker 1: And go boy, somebody millions and millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: A lot of these other like counter programmings, counter alternate leagues, whatever you want to call it. They always take like a week's swing at it, you know what I mean, Like they're just trying to take a piece and it never ever catches on. You understand what Mike saying and all why do it? Though, if you're not going to go all in and really try to compete with the big dog. I think it's trying to get a piece of the pie or thinking your business model so good. Like you love sour patch kids, right, love them. I mean there's a market for sour jacks. Remember these is Almo Like Blockbuster Video, there's always like the Yeah, there's always options. And I think maybe someone thinks that's such a love for football. You're making billions that even if we made a friction, if he made.
Speaker 3: A small you're saying everybody's trying to be PEPSI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and think about it.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump was an owner of the Generals back in the day, right, so I used to go to the Jersey Generals games. Is because he couldn't get an NFL team, no one would approve him. So hey, if I can't be part of that, I'll be part of this and still try to make and you know, you try to get some names and like even XFL they tried how many times?
Speaker 1: The only name I remember is he hate me.
Speaker 3: Here's the Here's why I here's why I think they do it well, Darren.
Speaker 6: Well, it was just I was just going to bring up a couple of points. Number one of the Savannah Bananas. Well, I'm not a huge fan. They have found the way to almost be competition two Major League Baseball, and it's not directly of another league playing one hundred and sixty two games at the same absolute time. It's trying to find something that people actually want to see and whether it's the you know, following the path of the Harlem Globetrotters, they've been able to find their way to do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 6: You bring up golf, like golf has a hierarchy. There's the PGA Tour, there's the corn Ferry Tour, there's other mini tours, there's collegiate golf. But no one is going up against it. They've tried. They've tried the with the Phil and Tiger matches, and twenty years ago they would have like the Monday Night matches and all of a sudden, now the TGL, the simulator golf, that's caught a little bit of legs, but it's with the same players, it's with the same faces, so it's always interesting. There's usually not a lot of room for the consumer to want to grab out to a whole other league. But if you can be a Savannah Bananas and find your own route that way, or be a TGL golf league and find a different way to make more money off the sport, that's the way you do it.
Speaker 2: You're onto something there as always if you're doing something different enough, that's like, oh, that's a like, oh, Savannah Bananas. They've taken baseball and oh fan catches the balls and out and they do runs but also points and they have their own thing going on, right, I think if you have your own thing going on and you're not just trying to be like, well, that's what the XFL right now, I think, well they tried that originally.
Speaker 3: They were doing all kinds of I think, you know, fun weird stuff. Let everybody put whatever name they want in the back of the jersey.
Speaker 1: You didn't even mention arena football too, right, Arena football. They're trying that now. Arena football is trying to make around.
Speaker 2: The Big three had a bit of a buzz, like it was cool to see Dwaye Howard playing, but that's.
Speaker 1: All you ever get, you know what I get it? You know what makes me think of also.
Speaker 2: Not only Savannah Bananas and the hallm Globe Trotters. It makes me think of wrestling. We just got done with WrestleMania, right. For how many times has like there been like a startup like oh, TNA Wrestling or this wrestling w c W, and then you I guess that it's like a you know, it's like it's like a smaller company and maybe the goal at one point is like maybe if we're good enough, they'll try to absorb us and they'll buy us and we'll make money. Like you know, how many times has someone created some app that's not even that amazing, but someone's like, you know what, they just buy.
Speaker 3: Them, sort of like a BA NBA style or NFL NFL style.
Speaker 2: You hope that you're just part of a bigger picture, and I think we're But I.
Speaker 3: Think at this point in you know, in the world, we're beyond that. For some of these sports, there's just for the NFL, there is no competition. And I don't put you know, as much as I you know, Savannah bananas looks like fun. You're right, it's different enough where it's not indirect competition with baseball for what they're doing.
Speaker 2: The NFL is a league you'll never beat. But if you could take a piece of a pie, that's a big pie to take from. But competition is great for all business, and you know eventually someone's gonna win. Like you know, there's smaller examples. But Rich got me on that History Channel sort of vibe. We often think that Hydrox was the weak answer to Oreo, but in fact, Oreo came and kicked Hydrox's ass. Hydrox was the OG, but Oreo said, now I'm gonna be better than that. So there will be a time we might not be alive, but there might be a business plan that's better than what we're getting right now.
Speaker 3: Are you mad that I like Hydrox better than Oreo?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, so there will be a brand that overtakes some of these leaks. I think maybe one day, just that days, not right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think so. I think that anybody who tries it is just it's it's hubris, like uh like Chel was saying. Originally, it's just Ego and Hubris, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: Competition also makes it better, right, it makes the benefit is that if they've tried some rules that the NFL has been like, that's not such a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Let's let's maybe adopt that or try it. Well.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things we're doing in sports now is our mainstream sports are now much more likely to make rule changes to make the games better. You know, when they're doing that now, they didn't do that. Baseball didn't change for decades. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what I love about this, though, Mike, it's how hard we had to try to care about the XFL when we worked at ESPN.
Speaker 1: Oh my, we were like.
Speaker 2: Diving into the logos and the teams, like they really put so.
Speaker 1: Much into it, so much. I remember, I remember, I remember really having a fake the funk on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, interestingly enough, I I do think it's also proof that we are such creatures of sports habit, meaning Danny g We just talked about this recently, how I don't have it in me to watch the NBA close until the playoffs, Like I have an annual calendar in my mind that like no, no, no, up until this point football football. I only consume football, and then that comes part. It's like then spring training, then baseball, then some NBA when baseball takes a little low, like we are, we already have our male or woman mental sports calendar. You can't change a forty five year old guys mental pent a forty five year old guy, maybe not a forty five year old guy, but a fifteen year old and you can can I give can I just play Devil's Advocate? Sure, what's popping right now? Olympics in every town here in La?
Speaker 1: Football? Flag football?
Speaker 2: So you can't take a piece of that pie and do like an alternate brand and brand it with a big league, get big names in there and money. NFL's behind it now, but there could be another league that's just as good, right, and they can make some money. Flag football I think could be one. And I'm telling you you may think the NBA regular seasons dead because it's now is heating up, right. NBA had a rough, kind of little lack of buzz season. But you know it's still like incredible to watch these one on one like street ball tournaments. That MK guy who was just on Logan Paul's show, I could watch that kid's videos for hours because it's so intense and so intriguing to see a new perspective of basketball. You know, someone brands that and makes a league out of it and makes it big. You know, the NBA is not as exciting two younger people as it is to watching this stuff. So there's there's a big bite to be taken. And I think that's the answer, but it's so hard to pop.
Speaker 3: I want to say, you have a good point, but I would also like to put this on the record. What what's twenty twenty six now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, by twenty thirty, nobody's talking about flag football anymore. It's gone, nobody's paying it time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like these kids, Yeah, I think it's a lot. I put that record that I think you're so wrong, and especially when girls, I'm shocked, and it's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: My daughter played flag football and next year they're creating another girl's division, blowing up. I'm telling you it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not arguing that it's not fun to play and that you don't get the youth involved in playing it, but they're not going to pay money to watch it, not like they do the professional sports we have.
Speaker 2: Today, It's possible, but I mean, I'm trying to answer the question because you know what, You're absolutely right, it's Mike who runs has taken his take. Is why all these ancillary, ridiculous leagues that come out of the grand opening, Grand Clothing and live golf is the latest examp.
Speaker 6: I would say that unrivaled, the rivalry league to the WNBA has maybe had more success than anybody else would have thought they would have had. And that's I mean, for what they've done the last couple of seasons, shorter court, you know, three on three setup, but it at least has had a success and a following. You have all the most of the same players, if not all the same players from the w NBA. Not everybody moves over, but that is something that has worked. And it may be because the WFBA schedule is only three months out of the year.
Speaker 3: And it's a low bar of the w NBA as far as where they have to get to to be competitive against the WNBA. The w NBAS their numbers aren't huge. It's not like they're chasing a giant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's a great take. Man, Wait to run that take right there. Hey, we do it every Wednesday. Mike comes in here with something on his mind and we love him here at Fox Sports right now your thoughts at Covino and Rich hashtag Mike runs this take almost a place.
Speaker 1: With that said.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, Iowa Sam takes over with Midweek Major? Are these stories Midweek or Major? All the pop culture and sports headlines from this week and we discuss right here on Fox Sports Radio. When production levels change, you need a workforce that flexes like Rich flexes to match. Having the right staff to meet productivity isn't just necessary, it keeps costs and manufacturing deadlines in check, and Express Employment Pros is your best resource for success. Visit Expresspros dot com to find the local office that discover how Express Employment Pros can help you hire smarter and fast. Your local Express tea understand skilled labor and can easily connect your business with the right workers when you need them. From assemblers to machinists to quality control inspectors, maintenance technicians and production and production managers. Express Employment Pros has the skilled talent you need. As one of the largest industrial staffing companies in the US, Express can help your business day, efficient, flexible and competitive. You can find the local office near you simply by going to expresspros dot com. Get that local support you need, avoid the onslaught of online applications and sort through all these unqualified people. Put people back in charge of hiring with Express. Whether you are ramping up production, managing change, or looking for a solution to a skills gap. Express Employment Professionals is your one connection to the right.
Speaker 1: Workforce is at expresspros dot com.
Speaker 2: Express Employment Professionals respecting people impacting business.
Speaker 7: The NFL Draft is where it all starts.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. I can't believe it.
Speaker 7: From the picks to the breakdowns, weird covering all ofment because in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I'll put myself in a position to be in.
Speaker 7: One pick can change everything. By It's Draft Night Lock joined Jenny Taft, Jay Lazer, LeVar Arrington and former Falcons GM Terry Bomb though April twenty third and five pm pcific and it's brought to you by Express Pros and we will format Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's NFL Draft Eve and we're joined by Brett Michaels right after this show. He's a big Steelers fan and he's performing in Pittsburgh. So join us on over Promised at Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: Watch the show. It's a full on show.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing but a good time with Covino and Rich, Brett Michaels, and we're also going to go over the top draft moments of our life. Oh like the funny moments behind the scenes. What about remember seeing Cliff Kingsbury's mansion and being like, Yo, he's the man. I don't want to give away my answers, So join us on over promised Episode one thirty seven, brand new episode with Brett Michaels next in about a half hour. I do want to say thanks again to Danny g Our, super producer and Mike who runs this take. That was a fun discussion. If you missed anything, catch to podcast again. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio and the NBA playoffs are here. DraftKings Sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the NBA. Right now, use the promo code CR show to claim your special offer at DraftKings Again. Promo Code CR show at DraftKings to Crown is yours and it's time to get your financial portfolio game day ready with Wee ball get powerful investing tools with real time data, all on one platform. Get started by downloading the wee Bowl app or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 4: We both Financial LLC member SIPC Fenra investing involves risk. For more information, visit wheepole dot com Slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: It's time for something we do every week Midweek Major hit it.
Speaker 7: Sam Covino and Rich get you over the middle of the week when mid Week Major Major, Oh, I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 1: Say, that's som we definitely teacher.
Speaker 7: See at our score Midweek Major.
Speaker 5: Ah yeah, I gotta go quick here to give Iowa Sam at least seven full minutes.
Speaker 1: You hear the horns.
Speaker 5: You made it to the middle of the work week, and we roll the two red love dice.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a sensitive number for all sit at number for me, I'm not even wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna indult one too. Five seventy ten, eleven twelve.
Speaker 5: It means Covino gets the first take and now the most famous person besides Brian Bell Ofweezer from Iowa City, Iowa Iowa.
Speaker 1: Sam. Yeaha hey Sam.
Speaker 10: By the way, the NFL Draft is nothing but a good time. So just just to loop that back in there with poison at Brett Michaelson. Oh yeah, guys. You gotta to bear with me a little bit here. The arm of my microphone has been acting up today. I think I need some calcium. I'm also it keeps squeaking over here. It's collapsing and I got it now, so I'm not touching it. But also I don't have my notes printed out. But we're gonna just bear with me. Okay, this is mid week major, all right?
Speaker 1: With mid week it was like emphasis on the week week all right, let's uh, let's start with this, guys.
Speaker 10: We got another development in the Diana Rasini mic vable controversy that rupted about three weeks ago when someone photographed the two embracing and hanging out at an Arizona resort.
Speaker 1: In case you've been.
Speaker 10: Burrowed under a suaro cactus this whole time, Diana Rassini resigned from the herb position at the Athletic and just yesterday New England Patriots head coach Mike Vrabel addressed the controversy with the media in part. He said, the New England Patriots and their fans will get quote the best version of me going forward unquote. He called this whole situation of quote personal and private matter unquote, and later went on to say, long quote here I've been. I've had some difficult conversations with people I care about, with family, the organization, the coaches, the players. Those have been positive and productive. We believe in order to be successful on and off the field, you have to make good decisions.
Speaker 1: That includes me, That starts with me.
Speaker 10: He also added, we never want our actions to negatively affect the team.
Speaker 1: We never want to be the cause of a distraction.
Speaker 10: There are comments and questions that I've answered for the team and with the team. We'll keep those private unquote. One would probably notice in those quotes I shared that Vrabel and makes no mention of reaching out to Rassini. Mike Vrabel his part in addressing those controverts in the countries yesterday midweek or major, major.
Speaker 2: Because this is the story we speculated on for two weeks now and it's the first time he addressed it. So a major story and a major announcement because what I get out of it is an admission an admission of doing something wrong. If he had to have this serious talk with his family members, it's something that to me, he thinks he did wrong, unless, of course, he has an open relationship and that's his business, none of ours, and it doesn't affect him being a coach and winning football games. But I'm beat he addressed it. I think it's major. But to me, like I said, an admission, that's what I got. What I think is major. By the time, by the time Sam was done reading that quote, I think the NFL season is about to start.
Speaker 6: Dan Buyer, Dude, guys, I got a midweek major for you, a midweek or major that it took Sam a minute in twenty seconds to say what Mike Vrabel said in thirty three seconds.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've had some difficult conversations with people that I care about, with my family, the organization, the coaches, the players. Those have been positive and product. We believe in order to be successful on and off the field, you have to make good decisions.
Speaker 1: That includes me.
Speaker 11: That starts with me. We never want our actions to negatively affect affect the team. We never want to be the cause of the distraction. Those are comments and questions that I've answered for the team and with the team. We'll keep those private and to ourselves. Sure deeply about this football team, and I'm excited to coach him.
Speaker 2: It's very robotic, Dan, But again, it's an admission of guilt.
Speaker 1: It really is an admission of guilt. Rich he said. Mike Babel said it much better than me. He said it. He said it much more sucinctly. Again, I got.
Speaker 10: This bum microphone arm and I'm reading right off thet I'm reading right off my laptop here.
Speaker 1: It's not ideal. But thank you Dan for upending me there. Appreciate this job is the place sounds. I don't know why he just didn't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I was in a rush here put this together, so I just quoted him, and I'm sure everyone fell asleep.
Speaker 1: Moving on here.
Speaker 10: Tom Dundon, the new owner of the Portland Ail Blazers, who has owned the franchise for less than a month now, well, he wants to start saving money with his new business venture. You guys touched on this story a little bit yesterday to save some cheese. Dunnan will have a two way player stay at home for road playoff games. Also some members of their digital team, including an award winning photographer, won't hit the road with the Blazers to cover the team in the future, and future Portland head coaches won't make as much in salary as recent coaches have made, and the belt continues to tighten. Fans were upset to learn that they would not receive free T shirts for home games during their current playoff run. Now the Trailblazers' mascots are in the cost cutting crosshairs.
Speaker 1: Brian oh No Brian Berger of Sports.
Speaker 10: Business Radio reported yesterday that Dunin feels the tea the franchise does not need two mascots who are Blazed the Trailcat, who has been around since two thousand and two, and Douglas Fur a great name who is much newer, only around since.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three.
Speaker 10: Tom Dundan saving money on eliminating a mascot position Midweek or major.
Speaker 2: I think it's mid because that's some mad You don't want to deal with a penny pincher here, But you also understand right that they're trying to save money moving forward, and they're cutting some of the fat out, and I think anyone in that position would try to do the same. Right, if you're if you're flipping the bill on a lot of things and you're seeing a lot of money, just go into the waist. You would do the same as a business officer. Then what's this guy doing or what are we paying him for? Why do we need that? You would do that too. This is major because what we're talking about penny pinching mascots. You're paying You don't need to mascots. You're paying You're paying NBA players tens of millions of dollars and you're dude cutting mascots. They said that your salary, right was based on uh, whatever was going on here at Fox Sports Radio, like it was coming out of your pocket. You wouldn't be walking around saying, what is this guy doing? What do we need him for?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk about a mascot salary, what are they gonna do? Hey, if you're under six five, you get a middle seat. It's weak to penny pitch anytime. But I you can't understand. I do understand, all.
Speaker 1: Right, really quick.
Speaker 5: What's more worrisome is wanting to pay a head coach a million dollars a season.
Speaker 1: Who are you gonna get for that? Yeah, need only seven million, right.
Speaker 2: Now, that's true. Yeah, it's it's definitely a situation. I just think it's smith you want to can you squeeze one more?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: And two minutes?
Speaker 10: I got I got a couple here I'd like to get to. We'll do this, okay, this one, These last two will be quick. This is not a sports story or a pop culture story. This is a crime story, but one that I found so fascinating I had to share with you guys. All right, so, how does one steal thirty four thousand dollars in legos? Probably pretty tough. Yeah, that's a lot of legos, thirty four thousand dollars in legos. Well, a man from California. His name's Jerell Augustine of Paramount, California. He's accused of seventy thefts. He's been charged with grand theft. He would buy Lego sets and then take.
Speaker 1: Grand theft Lego, Grand theft Lego very good.
Speaker 10: He would he would take out all the plastic Lego pieces you know, this stuff actually costs money, and he'd replace them with with dry pasta. So then he'd seal the box back up. So when you shake it, you think that it's full of lego pieces. So he got away with thirty four thousand dollars with this racket. And it says, uh, yeah, seventy thefts. I don't know how many boxes that is, one hundreds, but uh, this guy swapping out lego pieces with dry posta to get away with thirty four thousand dollars in lego midweek or major, that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of pasta. That's a lot of possible. But how much money in pasta did he do? That was profiting. It's a scheme that worked for a while. It is a fascinating story, but it's a mid story.
Speaker 2: It's a mid story. It's pretty wild. He went those lengths just to you know, scam scheme that was. It's a major scheme, but it's a lot of possible. I think it's major saying because a loser legos that much, but you know, most people don't take the time through replace it.
Speaker 1: He returned, he returned the boxes.
Speaker 2: The drive major major scam and a lot of stores, a lot of pharmacies, like they take the contents out, leave the boxes. He actually had the courtesy to put something in it. Yep, Well that's the way that he keep them off his tail.
Speaker 1: Define interesting.
Speaker 10: It was like, Oh, it's it's a full it's in there. How did he get it unsealed and seal back up?
Speaker 1: So well? Sam?
Speaker 10: Interesting one more quickly then buy's gonna punch you, I know, but we gotta.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you this.
Speaker 10: If you guys are on a road trip to see the burial places of famous boxers, would you ever stop in the state of Iowa.
Speaker 1: This is a story from last week. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 10: Guess where George Foreman is buried now Sioux City, Iowa, and why he's buried there because he once stopped during a nineteen nineteen eighty eight tour to the Less Hills, which is in northwest Iowa and Sioux City area, and he said, I want to be buried here as very peaceful. So George Foreman is now buried in the state of Iowa, putting him on the map for deceased boxers burial sites.
Speaker 1: Midwek or Major.
Speaker 2: Ah Mid because I'm so Mid. I think it matters to you because you're from i Oh.
Speaker 1: People in Iowa are like going crazy about.
Speaker 2: This, But Major, you know it's Mid Only Mid because I mean he's a big name.
Speaker 1: I mean, George Foreman is a legend. I think this story is absolutely.
Speaker 2: Weak, unless, of course you told me no, unless of course you told me in eighty eight when he stopped there.
Speaker 1: He's your real bad and George Furman is my real dad.
Speaker 10: So he's from I guess he's from Texas, but he's been buried and I with Soundrey.
Speaker 2: You got sam honestly really funny, really funny today. All right, let's go to DV for an outdate. Sammy to man, what's up dB?
Speaker 6: You guys want to know why that lego guy, how he got away with it all? He was good at his craft. Thank you very much, Thank you very much. Jordan Alvarez imposta Joe.
Speaker 1: It taught me right before the highlight. Another one too, and that is ripped deep to right. Guess it got bye.
Speaker 8: Fifteen rows into the seats for Jordan Alvarez, a two run blast, his major league leading eleventh homer of the year.
Speaker 6: Sportstock seven to ninety and Houston Astros Radio Network. They blank the Guardians by that to nothing count. Mike Trout hit home run number eight on the season for the Angels. They beat the Blue Jay seven to three. Marlins dropped the Cardinals for one raise over the Red six one. Royals today unveiled a proposal for a new downtown ballpark that could be opening in Kansas City in time for the twenty thirty season. Still needs to be approved. Royals then went out and lost to the Orioles eight to six. Right now, in the eighthitning, Mariners lead the Athletics four to three. News from the NBA, the six Man of the Year award was given to Keldon Johnson of the Spurs. Now Johnson's teammate Victor women Yama may not travel with a team to Portland for Game three of their playoffs series on Friday because he remains in concussion protocol. ESPN says that Wemby was going undergoing more tests today. Other NBA news, Arkansas freshman guard Darius Acoff Junior is entering the NBA Draft. BYU freshman Aja Debonsa is going to announce his intentions tomorrow. Magic and Piston's about the tip Sons in Thunder coming up at nine thirty Eastern time. George Pickens so the Cowboys while the team wants him to play under the franchise tag in twenty twenty six, Pickens has yet to sign the tag that's worth twenty seven point three million dollars If he signs it this year, Alabama's given head football coach KAILN Debora a new contract extension that pays them twelve and a half million dollars annually two million dollars per year. Raise fordbor guys, back to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dan.
Speaker 2: Hey Dan, did you hear about that tennis ball thief? He replaced them with Pringles? Yeah, yeah, it was. It was the next story that Sam had but wedn't have time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have time. It's major, major story though. DV thank you.
Speaker 2: We got more Cavino and Rich. We'll get you ready for the draft, get you fired up for over promised, and just one more quick.
Speaker 1: Thought on Lebron next on Fox Sports Radio Right now.
Speaker 2: Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends, making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach. With wee Bill, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs, and more, or planning on the long term iras, cash management accounts or custodial accounts for your kids. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all on the same platform, and if you're looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out we bowls learn resources and join their in app can Unity feed to discuss investing trends, happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now. To help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vega, wee Bole's personal market AI assistant that can give real time data analysis, watch list insights, and alerts when earnings drop. So get your fiscal and financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bowl app today or visiting wee bol dot com.
Speaker 4: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: You know, we actually get to talks, talk dirty, uncensored on over Promised, and we're joined by Brett Michaels. He's a big time Steelers fan, big football fan, and he reps Pittsburgh pretty hard.
Speaker 1: He's from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Brett Michaels of Poison and he's joining us in ten minutes to talk about what's going on in Pittsburgh getting us ready for the NFL Draft. They're performing out there. He has a collaboration with wiz Khalif or something like that. We're gonna talk to Brett Michaels in ten minutes, so join us right here on the YouTube page at Covino and Rich FSR Episode one thirty seven with Brett Michaels and we'll talk about our top NFL Draft moments. I'm Steve Cavino, that is Rich Davis, and for over forty years, ty Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free, backed by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyrack dot com.
Speaker 1: We tire buying should be all right.
Speaker 2: And if you're facing production swings are tough skills gaps in your business, workforce solutions from Express Employment Pros make hiring easy. Find your local office and see how Express could help you hire smarter and faster today. Visit Expresspros dot com all right now tonight. Obviously we're waiting to see what happens with Riches Mets. Boy, does it end at twelve miserable games?
Speaker 1: One more time?
Speaker 2: Sam give you the Necessame Street throwback twelve was where it and of course Magic Pistons, Suns, Thunder some great basketball. But Lebron had a game last night twenty eight points, eight rebounds, seven assists. The Lakers are up two games to none, and it poses a lot of questions about Lebron that we talked about first hour if you missed it, But Danny G posted another hypothetical before we go. Something to think about. Yeah, he says, Danny G, one of your friends posted this questions. Right.
Speaker 5: I had a kid Jay doing a podcast with Byron Scott. He asked Scott this question.
Speaker 2: He said, if Lebron powers the Lakers all the way to the NBA Finals and beats the Celtics, does he get a statue outside of Crypto dot com? Ray Now, becuse, that would be two, that would be two. That would be two. But you also have to factor in Lebron James a legend for twenty three years now in the league. Right, he's played This is eighth year, eight ninth year, eight years with the Lakers, like times, adding up one championship add another two. Absolutely gets one because he's Lebron has had significant time in two championships the Lakers.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any questions. His longest tenured teammate is Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: That's wow. No, I did not, that's wild. He played eleven years in Cleveland, eight years and with the Lakers. Let me see, let me double check that one, two, three, four, five, six, seventy. Yeah, so I think it's pretty obvious that he would. But where's the pushback? People don't count the twenty twenty one? Is that also part of the controversy?
Speaker 1: So much hate.
Speaker 5: There's there's a lot of Laker fans where they're like, I only loop a root for Lebron because he's on my team.
Speaker 2: Dude, how about this. I mean, it's not the hottest taken once. I've heard other people speculate this. But when people don't count the bubble thing, it's like we all lived it. It was miserable. I always looked at that as the toughest time in life, almost almost like a harder time to adjust.
Speaker 1: So that's exactly how I see it.
Speaker 2: So the fact that they were able to pull that through, I thought it was incredible.
Speaker 5: And if it was so easy, then why didn't the other teams win it?
Speaker 2: I never take away from that, So for me, it's an obvious one. But you know, we leave it to you Fox Sports Radio, names, is there any part of you as we uh focus on the NBA playoffs one one time out from the Lakers, Danny with with Wemby's fall last night and hitting his head and everything that.
Speaker 1: Was so bad he's gonna miss at least one game.
Speaker 2: We don't we don't feel like the Spurs are in danger, do we? I mean it's a seven game series?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 5: What Yeah, that's what's in danger. This series is suddenly maybe gonna go deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guess this could have been a gentleman's sweep or or like, uh, you know, it could have you know, for all we know, less I could have happened differently, But I think, uh yeah, maybe maybe maybe they push him deeper in the series that that could be a big break for Portland, right, I mean, I don't know, that was scary, man, scary, So your thoughts share him with us at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio and stick around because we talked to Brett Michaels next I put.
Speaker 1: The link at Covin and rich Or web.
Speaker 2: There she Baby, see you in the over promised last you can ever, let's go.