Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast, Slice Reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's what we're talking about. It's Brooklyn Boys Slice Time, Slice Time here.
Speaker 2: For a did you just just do a Reggie impression? I did a Reggie impression?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry for episode three thirty seven and before it's Slice Time. Here about the podcast. Yeah, it's the Companion Podcast. Thank you so much for listening to the iHeartRadio app. That's the only way you are enabled to click the microphone and leave us a feedback and talk back. What do you want to call this back? Uh, sexy back, but I'd be big baby back.
Speaker 2: I am gonna don't be a six seventh scary.
Speaker 3: Let's go the Devil's on horseback? Whatever went down to Georgia. You know what devils on horseback are?
Speaker 5: No, look it up. I know what a devil in a blue dress is. Devil's on horse on horseback? Devil's on horseback?
Speaker 2: Is it a biker? Biker?
Speaker 3: No, Google, it's a food. It's it's it's an appetizer. Ahead yep, birdiees.
Speaker 2: Mike went mute. That means he's googling. He's got the googler out. Is it pigs? In a blanket.
Speaker 5: Nope, ride fruit typically dates or prunes, stuffed where cheese or nuts and wrapped in bacon.
Speaker 2: So good, Devil's on horseback rather have a pig in a blanket? Okay, fair enough? Anyway, thank you for leaving your feedback. As we do. I'll tell you about pigs in a blanket anytime. Oh you mean the listeners. Sorry, Oh yeah, my feedback on pigs in the blanket. All right, let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 6: What we got here, Bretton Boyz. This is Reesa from Wisconsin and Brody, I have a rank for you. I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but one time a while ago, you made a comment about self checkout lines and I just had a situation where I would like to know where people get their audacity from. I just went in for some juice and for some bagels, and I was going for the self checkout lines.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I know that there's some where they have a super long conveyor belt line for people who want to do a big load of groceries out by themselves, but I was just looking at the short checkout lines where it was usually like ten items are under well. Anyways, there's like three ladies up there and they have their huge loads of groceries somehow doing it. I don't know where they're putting their bags that are full of stuff. Well, I'm making a bee line for it with my three little things that aren't that heavy. But my bitch ass decided not to get a cart. So here I am standing there holding them as I am running towards the line with the big ass cart full of stuff.
Speaker 8: Just cut just cut me off.
Speaker 6: So then here I am standing there holding my stuff waiting for her with her big giant car load for the groceries. So probably could have gone to a person, but there was longer lines for that, so I guess yeah, I don't know. I thought that that's what self checkout lines were for wash for if you just had a couple of little biggs you want to get in a a story really quick.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm running.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to share my little rant with you. The autacity of people.
Speaker 5: Wow, Wolf, that's loud, tell you obviously they need that really annoying lady from my target that counts your items to make sure you don't have more than ten on the.
Speaker 2: Express Yeah, you do need that.
Speaker 5: Because you can't go with a shopping cart full and then just stand up for twenty minutes? Will you ring up everything? And they only give you a little ledge to put your stuff down. Up, man, follow the rules of the road and the shopping carts, the rules of target.
Speaker 9: Hi, Scary and Brody Brody and Scary's go roady the knee from CTE. Does anyone see or in this case here the metamorphosis of the marvelous MJ. Froja. It's like watching a Disney princess turn into a Jersey Shore character overnight. Who knew the sweetest little thing in the world can drop so many f bombs? I have to say though, I like MJ fornj with an edge. You definitely got a situation And to Asian Mike, you are a true pioneer of patience. My Asian friend HB. I C. Maddie from Brooklyn in the Bronx, acknowledge this sushi specimen or simply let him know you're no longer interested in is that role?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, well we don't did. He's jumping in on their on their their little affairs.
Speaker 2: He's trying to he's trying to help, but I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Mike his Chinese and Japanese, so I don't know if sushi and egg rolls would be the appropriate food choices for Asian Mine maybe half and half, and I think isn't Asian Mike Filipino, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know from He.
Speaker 5: Could be Korean, not Chinese and Japanese. He could be Korean or why not? Why can't he be half in half? I guess he could, but I don't remember him saying that. I don't remember him saying he was a sushi egg roll fan.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we got you cut your own joke off there. I heard that he was talking about MJ from NJ and then made a Jersey Shore reference by saying, we have a situation, but it got cut off.
Speaker 5: Back to Mike, he said, Mike, when he came back, we got it, Mike, the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thought.
Speaker 10: Right, Brooklyn boys been from upstate. Uh, this is kind of random listening to this Slicetime episode three thirty three, and they're talking about Brody's orange glasses and Brody mentions that they match his step and repeat behind him. My question is why do you need a step and repeat if you're not doing a video podcast, I'm great, I'm glad you have one.
Speaker 2: It's cool. But we'd love to see it too.
Speaker 3: Just saying it's great, it's a great pot Brody, I'll answer that.
Speaker 5: I have posted pictures of the screen the step and repeat. It's also there for when I do podcast video podcasts for other podcasts. So I've done Mets podcasts, I've done Star Wars podcasts, I've done Marvel podcasts. And since I'm not doing it's not the Brooklyn Boys, I need to promote the Brooklyn Boys, which is why I have a step and repeat. So when I when I tell you guys, oh I'm on the Geeks Gag Network or Mets Day Off or Marvel book Club on YouTube, you guys can go look and watch and enjoy and you'll see the step and repeat that I don't need to promote the Brooklyn Boys on the Brooklyn Boys because you're already here.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 8: How about that Victoria from Brooklyn here? Yeah, it's a quick idea.
Speaker 11: What about if, like all the regular slices that we hear from every week, did just short bio talkback just so we could find out a little bit more about them. And obviously Reggie and her old ego Skyla can do two talkbacks.
Speaker 8: But I just thought it was a cool idea.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: If Annie from Brooklyn had a wife, it would be Victoria from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: They sound alike.
Speaker 5: She's the female he maybe I don't know Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx can could uh you know it was also from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: That's true. Regulars uh recording a bio. You guys want to leave a talk back?
Speaker 3: That, that's fine, that's you know, Okay, I want to leave it a little bit of that, Okay.
Speaker 5: Reggie, Reggie, Reggie could do too. But there are some people who may need to leave eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah we know who those people are. Yeah, I keep going every time I started start talking again. Whatever you do? Well, how out you look for my visual cues?
Speaker 5: Since you can see me, okay, and if my hands and mouth are moving, then don't hit the button.
Speaker 2: All right? You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Let's say, all right, I'm gonna hit the next one and all right, okay, okay, working on so here, you son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: I knew that was coming, Aren Canal let them go. Come on, gotta go for the joke every time.
Speaker 12: Working on soflo you here.
Speaker 13: I want to address the one guy who said that he's up on nineteen like worry about his kids this and that.
Speaker 12: Dude, you gotta be positive.
Speaker 13: You gotta think like I am the best dad, because if your kids are thriving and they're happy, that's all they care about, and that's all you should care about.
Speaker 12: You should care about that they're happy. They're happy, they will be successful, they will be good. Man, put good vibes in the world.
Speaker 2: Thank you Aarren.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, lord from Connecticut. The trucker is friggin' hilarious. I am dying in my car listening to his Merse Again song. And I'm the other one trucker who said I wear my sunglasses at night but added my mirth. Thanks for the parodies that they heard hilarious. They really made my day. I was having a bad day, so this made me smile and laugh. I appreciate you. Keep them coming, trucker.
Speaker 5: We love you, love you, and I'm sorry you had having a bad day, but I'm glad that this podcast I was able to help.
Speaker 14: Thanks you listen Scary don't be talking to me about looking old just because we have kids.
Speaker 2: I'm too small kids.
Speaker 14: No, I had to think I.
Speaker 8: Look good for my age.
Speaker 14: Also, you made plenty of crackheads out there that you see all over Instagram, Facebook and everywhere else on your local news station that are smoking so much cracking meth every day. Methany over there, who God knows where she's from, she's probably smoking.
Speaker 15: It every day.
Speaker 14: That bitch is thirty, she looks about fifty four.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 16: And by the way, this is Dez. If you didn't know that, areny whoop?
Speaker 3: What we did know that? And you know Methany? They call her Methany. I have no idea anyway. You know, this is something that I find to be in every day conversation. Again, just because I say this one way does not mean I'm speaking about all people. I'm just saying that there are a lot of people that have a lot of mileage on them because they married with kids. I never said all of the people do. I never said that. I never singled her out. That that does is like that I you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like all I'm saying is like I feel the words no.
Speaker 3: But I say if I feel if I say something that i'm you know, I feel that people always compliment me and they say that I look young, and I attribute it to the fact that I have no kids and I have no wife.
Speaker 2: It's the way, it's the way you say it, the way that you should say.
Speaker 3: But I'm speaking for me personally, though I'm not. I'm not trying to say that.
Speaker 5: You make it sound like having kids makes you and because you don't, you don't yuh, you don't have kids, you look young. What you really should say is, yeah, I don't have kids. I know if I had kids, they would age me because I wouldn't be good with kids.
Speaker 2: That it's a mouthful. It's a that's the real story. Scary gets stressed when someone has a dog. It isn't what to do with the dog, let alone, right, I mean, I imagine Scary at his own kid.
Speaker 5: The kid's like fourteen years old, and he's saying to his wife, Uh, is he callingguy?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: I get? What was the part of math class that we had?
Speaker 3: Whereas this if modas Poland's modus tolands right, if X, then y, but then I would A.
Speaker 2: Then B if B, then C.
Speaker 3: Therefore if A then C correct. If A then B does not mean therefore B then A. The opposite is definitely not true all the time. Not all the time, but yeah, exactly, not all the time. A square a rectangle. A square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles the squares.
Speaker 2: That is right. That is a perfect analogy. I'm good that way, guys.
Speaker 16: Excuse I wanted to tell you I was using chat GPT a few days ago, and somehow chat gpt definitely my manned a character named Spruce. You have to look this up, and it's in there under Spruce and he talks like Spruce. I hate to say it's kind of prejudicial because the guy sounds like he's black. Not trying to be that way, but it was hysterical, so of course I sent my chat GPT voice to Spruce the loose.
Speaker 3: Wow, we can get Spruce out of your chat ept.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'm gonna use it a lot more now.
Speaker 5: I can just I have audio of Spruce talking. I can just use that and create and create an animated voice of his. You could, but I but you know, chat GPT mamanning people. I don't know about that Bocome.
Speaker 15: With hearing from be sure.
Speaker 17: So just listening to some episodes back in twenty twenty one, and you had a scary sorry he called in look at his cheek to uh, scary about Uncle Ted's podcast? Do you ever get on his podcast at the dealership? I will not mean the name because they're not a sponsor.
Speaker 15: Do you come on? I know you said you're going to go in the end of it, So that was my first one.
Speaker 8: When are you going?
Speaker 2: Okay? When do you go to okay?
Speaker 5: So in the beginning it was the middle of April. He said, oh, I'll have to have you on in April or May. So, uh, it's pretty much June. And I just boke to Garrett about this today. I said, Hey, when is Brody going to be on your pod?
Speaker 3: Because you don't you don't need to be my manager. Well, I just said, he goes, he goes, you know something, he goes. Did he invite him on? I said, he sure did.
Speaker 2: He said April that I knew nothing about it. No, but then he said, te he's got so much.
Speaker 3: Going on in his life and his world right, No, that he got it has to be he has to be reminded.
Speaker 2: It's really okay. T's had good guests on every week. I'll call him right now. No, No, I don't need you to promote. I don't. Okay, it's right, all right. Whenever he's like bored and has nobody book, he can call me. I'll be happy to do it. I think he's got people lined up. Let him go. It slipped. I'm what they call it. No, I'm an evergreen. In other words, he's got people that may have to go on that week to talk about something for that week. He's got a barbecue expert.
Speaker 3: On what's more important than David Brody from the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: No, that's very not true. You take priority. I'm just saying, if you want to say something, I will.
Speaker 5: I apparently Garret doesn't want me on, but apparently whenever, of course he does.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see where it goes. Yeah, So that.
Speaker 15: Was my first one.
Speaker 18: When are you going on the Greg T Show?
Speaker 17: I would love to hear two of you guys back and forth at the cardioship.
Speaker 15: Second off, what are we gonna hear from Robin?
Speaker 17: I want to hear Robin's side of the story with the TSA pre chart situation. What is the reason for not doing it. Yes, is it a pain in the ad to go Avoyd at GfK or Newark on into the interview.
Speaker 15: Yes, but you're a globetrotterer. Seems like a no brainer.
Speaker 3: So Robin will be coming on the next trip. When we do our next trip, I will bring her on the podcast tomorrow. It's coming up in about a month or so. We are we are going to go back again. And yeah, but I forigured we'd give it a rest for a minute, but it will be coming back around because it'll be top of mind because we are traveling and uh yeah, at that time, we'll have Robin on the podcast to uh because again, now it's been another three months where I told her we have a trip coming up, let's get this done, and she still has had She hasn't even gone on the website and filled out the form.
Speaker 2: We can we can we.
Speaker 5: Be open and honest here because I have a theory and I think I've nailed it slices. I think you'll agree with me. I think Robin doesn't want to go to TSA pre check and go through the screening process because they'll find out she's an alien.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that hypothesis has been Uh, it's been explored.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like that's I'm sticking with that.
Speaker 19: Okay, Hey here, Scary, you were saying that your friend said that you're a different person on the podcast than you are in real life. I don't think it's necessarily Brody that brings that out in you. I think it's just you're comfortable when you do the podcast. First of all, when you record, you're at home and you're comfortable. Second of all, you and Brody have been friends and have known each other and work together for like a thousand years or something. So because you're at home recording the podcast, someone you've known for a very long time, that brings out a different side of you, because you're comfortable and relaxed versus how you would be in a different setting. I'm the same way my friends know, the relaxed, comfortable, outgoing person never.
Speaker 12: Shuts the fuck up.
Speaker 19: But put me in a room full of strangers, and I will be so uncomfortable that I will not say a word because I'm afraid of getting laughed at.
Speaker 2: You're in one right now.
Speaker 3: These are all strangers, these slices, But yet you seem to be very comfortable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, leave me talk back. It feels like it's she feels like it's family, and I don't blame her. Okay, we've created that kind of environment. I love you, James.
Speaker 2: You could say whatever you want here. You can let your guard down. Yeah.
Speaker 10: It's The Brooklyn Boys episode three thirty four. I'm still behind, so I'm playing catch up now. But I wanted to give my input on this topic about the greatest debut album of all time in my opinion, one of my favorite albums, and I think one of the best debut albums ever is fifty Cent and Get Rich of I Try In. I know a lot of people don't listen to hip hop or rap, but that was a huge one of the best debut albums ever. A close second for me is Songs about Jane Maroon five.
Speaker 5: All right, another one classic albums, both of them. That that Fitty or fifty cent at the time album. That was a pop album. I mean it was a hip hop album. It was a hymn pop album.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was great. Yeah hip hop, Yeah, huge success.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 4: This is Rachel from New York episode five talking about how Robin is owed birthday presence scary.
Speaker 12: You often say if I was, but that is incorrect.
Speaker 19: If I were, If I were, if I were the subjunctive grammar police.
Speaker 2: We we we you wi you You're right. However, if I was a rich man fiddler on the roof, if I was a rich man a didle deadle needle, idle needle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do say that. Yeah, I should be more cognizant of that. If I were, all right, fair enough.
Speaker 8: Been here from Brooklyn here, guys.
Speaker 20: I know, last week or two weeks ago, I talked about the going out to dinner with my friends and splitting it evenly.
Speaker 8: No matter what. This is a different situation.
Speaker 20: She's not friends with all of them and sounds a little ridiculous if you ask me, I mean point al salad. And she wants them to how to pay over one hundred and ten dollars. That's fucking crazy. I completely agree with her. She was one hundred percent in the raw and those definitely are the people if she wants to go out with.
Speaker 8: I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your feedback, Vinnie. I'm gonna time in for a second.
Speaker 3: Oh feel free, I paused there for you. I wait very good, and then and then and then I started it, and then you started talking.
Speaker 5: In formal English, you use if I were when referring to hypothetical or unlikely situations. If if I was is used when referring to situations that may have actually happened. For example, if I were a king, I would do this, it's hypothetical. While if I was feeling sick, I stayed home.
Speaker 2: Plot twist. So what did you say? What was the sentence that was if I was.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking in hypotheticals.
Speaker 2: I may be right, you may be crazy.
Speaker 5: If I was the fact if it's a factual possibility if I was, as correct, But if you're like, if I was the king of the world, that therefore Fidder on the Roof is wrong because if I were a rich man, if I were, if I were, is it Wait a minute, hold on, Fiddler on the Roof, if I was a rich man, is it wor it could be war hold on if I.
Speaker 3: Were it, if I were a rich man, let me see, Okay, if I were were, Yeah, you're right, were is something that is not set.
Speaker 2: It's not factual.
Speaker 5: I like that if I yeah, okay, Yeah, it's if I were a rich man. So he was right, Teva was right. Okay, hypothetically if he was were if I were. If she's correcting me here, it has to wait a minute. I don't know what you said though, We.
Speaker 3: Don't know, we don't know what context, we don't know what I said.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, well get back to that. We appreciate it. Yeah.
Speaker 21: Marissa from Westchester leaving my first talk back, nice welcome, quick comment about the whole fop of things. Sorry, I'm going back to that again.
Speaker 2: But it took food. But again, you to leave a message.
Speaker 21: A lot one has a supa like where are we trying the line? Like if someone has a skinny under are like, are we going to charge them less?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 21: Come on, guys, one price.
Speaker 2: That's it, One size fits all. Okay.
Speaker 5: To answer that question, I think it's like buying clothing. If you buy a small, medium, large, or even an extra large, it's all the same price. But if you buy a four X shirt, a lot of places charge you more because it's a lot more material. Now, yes, the large is more material than the small, but it's an insignificant amount.
Speaker 3: But by her logic, maybe we should be charging more for a small or less for a small, because it's less material than a medium or large.
Speaker 2: A woman who wears a size zero jean should probably pay less than a woman who wears I'm not saying she should, but it's less material than a woman who has a kid's clothing.
Speaker 3: Kid's clothing is much cheaper than a full adult clothing because it's less less material.
Speaker 5: Yes, but at two t is the same price as a four te usually. My point is dramatic size differences that they probably they work in the price so they can even out all the price. All right, But if a foupa is a foua, yeah, but you don't get the and if it's a hoopa you can get married under it if you're Jewish.
Speaker 2: But I'm bumped.
Speaker 22: What I'll be boys, it's far and down in Atlanta listening to the most recent episode about the gen Z's opinion of old lady names. Just a curious question for you, both coming from the Jewish background and an Italian background, what do you guys consider some old names based on your cultural ethnic background. I am Hispanic Mexican and names like Luis and Portfeedio are very, very old school.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to say Rosalie and Bernadette come to mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna, I'm gonna ask. I'm gonna. I'm assume fern is short for Fernando. Maybe I'm curious. I would say, like for me, like.
Speaker 5: Martha or how about Betty. Yeah, but he's been older Jewish names.
Speaker 2: Uh see, some of them come back around, like Rose is an older name, but Sadie, Esther, Esther's an old name, great grandma.
Speaker 3: Those are old people names in my world those but those are great, like those are our great grandparents. Names you're talking about, like Carmela, no or for Italian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Angela was on that list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Angela is an older person's name. I'll give the gen z that all right.
Speaker 5: I think Esther, Yeah, I guess Esther's old, But but I I can't. I'm I can't tell you, like what old names like, I guess, like my mother's ancestors name.
Speaker 2: I guess like Pauline. I got an ant Poline, Pauline. No one names their kids Pauline.
Speaker 3: David very old name, old person's name, David Anthony very old.
Speaker 15: The Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: We will be right back, Okay, thank you, for your feedback.
Speaker 3: This is great. We're just underway here. We still have a few more. Wow, well we had a lot of these, all right, take up your mind.
Speaker 2: No, we get a lot. We get a lot. We a lot.
Speaker 22: All right, what boys, it's Fern backing into previous episode three thirty five about scary sventing about the Starbucks in the airport. I don't know that all of those organizations are actually staffed by the corporations. I knew a guy used to live next to in Atlanta and he worked for a placehold I think it was HMS host and they were like an operations company that would hire this staff.
Speaker 12: And you went on about the air staffing.
Speaker 22: So those individuals that work for those particular kiosks were not employed by those corporations that they are working under the label of. So a lot of times they're through staffing organizations. Sometimes those people aren't working there, you know, for long periods of time. They float around the airports and put on the uniform and act as if so it's probably what's happening.
Speaker 2: Ahead, brody.
Speaker 5: Starbucks does not directly hire or train the staff at airport locations. These locations are typically licensed and operated by other companies for example, HMS Host hires Baristas, OTG Management operates Starbucks at airports as well.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 5: Marriott used to, I think, run the Barnes and Noble Starbucks shops or host Marriott. So you are correct. Starbucks licenses its brand and operating model of the companies who run them at these locations.
Speaker 3: Well that means, well, the thing is they're they're really misrepresenting them because they're wearing their shirts.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well, I've seen at airports and at food courts where people like work at the Taco bell and then they go work at the KFC and they work at the they just go because it's all one long hallway behind all of them, and they just go like, oh, I've seen people like change shirts.
Speaker 2: It's like the iHeart Radio promo team. They work for iHeart.
Speaker 3: Radio, but today's they wearing a Z one hundred shirt. Tomorrow they're putting on a light FM T shirt because they work in a light of m appearance.
Speaker 2: Back when I started in radio, each radio station had their own team, their own vans, their own right yep. And then and then because we're all in six different buildings at the time or five different buildings and then they like put us all in one building, like, we don't need to have a Z one hundred street team. We can have a team of just people. So up.
Speaker 5: I used to like having the same people and you go to the events and there were people who knew the venues and the music.
Speaker 2: And it's a little more centralized. But that's fine. They'll do a great job. But I get it. They just.
Speaker 23: From Union City commenting scary and this Wednesday wedding. You need to give a Wednesday gift because there's no way in hell that you have to drive out one hour in a black tie.
Speaker 2: Black tie and uh, don't forget.
Speaker 12: That to work the next day without some sort.
Speaker 23: Of Nope, absolutely not Wednesday Wednesday gift.
Speaker 15: I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's one hundred percent right, yeah, well in terms of a Wednesday, uh call like sixty percent.
Speaker 8: Right, Hey guys, Benning from Brooklyn. Wedding on a Wednesday is a fucking weird thing to do. But could it possibly be a date type thing?
Speaker 20: Like my wife and I got married on nine ten eleven, completely accidental.
Speaker 8: It was a Saturday, but uh, but it's a nice anniversary.
Speaker 20: My cousin got married on seven seven seven, which was the.
Speaker 8: Middle of the week.
Speaker 24: But yeah, but he continues, My cousin got married seven seven seven and it was literally just him, his wife, his father, one of our aunts, and his kids.
Speaker 8: There was nobody else there. So it wasn't like he was inconvenience in anybody.
Speaker 20: They wanted that date and they thought it was time to get married and whatever. And I think it was a weekday too, But having a full black pie wedding in the middle of the week, nothing wrong with it, just a little strange.
Speaker 2: He's right, by the way, seven seven seven was a Saturday.
Speaker 3: Was a Saturday, so that was that was a home run date for people.
Speaker 8: I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I did the math. I looked at the number as a palindrome ten different ways. There's no rhyme or reason to it, and I does not mean any and it doesn't mean anything significantly in their life either. It's not like, oh, that was the night that they first hooked up or whatever met each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a Wednesday. The day on a Wednesday is Wednesday. The favorite character from the Adams Wednesday Adams. Right, Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: By the way, all those people that got married on seven seven seven. Yeah, fifty percent of them still got divorced, of course, because that's that's the rules of marriage. Half imagine you get married on a day like that, like we got married on seven seven to seven, Yeah, you get divorced. You're like, oh, I guess half of all marriages and the divorce so roughly yeah, just about.
Speaker 8: But like you scary.
Speaker 20: I immediately thought it was either the whole that they wanted to get married at, like that's all they could find, and you know, Friday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday was booked up for the next five years and they want to get married now. Or it's a date thing, so uh you know, maybe the date means something to that and to get.
Speaker 8: First date Nope, Or it's a cool date, like it's.
Speaker 2: Not believe me, there's nothing special about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's a special date, like let's say it's the day they first met, right, it's not you should I know, But I said, let's say, Okay, let's say it's hypothetical, like if I were.
Speaker 2: A rich man.
Speaker 5: Okay, hypothetical hypothetically, then that's the kind of thing you put in the invitation, Hey, join us for the seventeenth anniversary of the day we met.
Speaker 2: Then you go, oh, I get it. I get why they're getting married. Yeah, you need context.
Speaker 5: We tried to get married on the day that we started dating, the anniversary of us started, but it was not The date didn't work.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was a Jewish holiday. We couldn't get married that day, so we had to move it.
Speaker 25: Tan to the bus driver here, So we're talking about Wednesday weddings. So let me tell you this. I did a wedding one time. Now I work out of Scranton a lot, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: He did a wedding as a bus driver.
Speaker 25: Danielle big fan.
Speaker 26: Of the show. Blah blah blah blah. She likes the office, but I've never seen it. But anyways, so you know what location I'm in. So this freaking guy, he says, I want to have a wedding, So I pick up mister Wednesday guy. He says, we gotta go pick up my mom. Okay, we go pick up his mom.
Speaker 25: Now, the best man is a female wrestler. I'm not trying to mess with this girl. She's cool, but apparently the mom has an issue. It has a little bit of an issue with everything and the wrestler is the best man. She goes, I'll beat your mom's ass all right like this girl. So I said, we'll need to be horn yeah, and the girl goes, well, she'll come out. I'm gonna get her ass right at the So the mom comes out, she gets in the bus. She's not very talking to whatever she's in the bus. It's all that matters. Now we're going up a little bit deeper into scrant and on the outskirts to the JP. Right, we pull up, I park the bus and he goes, we're just waiting on one more person. I'm thinking it's his dad, all right. Next CDC he goes, there's the man we've been looking for. And I'm like, where sure is?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 25: Right, I'll tell you. I look over and I don't know if you know the penguinesday other professional hockey team, mean well in Wooksbury, scrant and they have the Penguins, the little Penguins.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 25: I look over there's Tucks, the freaking mascot from the goddamn Penguins. He's in the wedding. I said, what the fuck is this shit? I've never seen nothing like this. So they do their wedding they come out, I get a picture of the mascot.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 12: It's cool. It's weird, but it's cool.
Speaker 25: It's what they're into. Whatever. They paid for it. So they're now married. We go up to some lake, go get pictures. All right, now, let's go back down the scrant We're gonna go have dinner. They go to some like meat pie place. I'm not exactly share what it was. It was something, but I said, So, we had a wedding on a Wednesday. We had tucks, we had the wrestler as the best man, and the pissed off mom.
Speaker 2: What more could you ask for a Wednesday?
Speaker 25: So what I'm trying to tell you, mister Skura Jones, you gotta go to this wedding on a Wednesday because you don't know what the fuck you're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Oh that is there, Okay, he wrapped it up nicely. Well yeah, well I can't wait. You might get it. You might get a penguin costume guy, a female best man, professional wrestler, a crazy mother in law. I'm praying for meat pies.
Speaker 27: Oh who doesn't like a good meat Brody and scary, never scary and brody is well from CT Honestly, Scary Boy got a point. The scaries are different on the Morning Show and not the Brooklyn Boys. But honestly, the scary on the Big Show is like whatever, you know, Block, But the scary on the Brooklyn Boys that's the one that I want to have a drink. Boy, that's the one I want to chair with, you know, have some time were it seemed like a good time.
Speaker 8: But the one on the Morning Show is like whatever.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough. I don't really, I don't. I don't have as large a role on the On the Big Show.
Speaker 3: There's also like twelve other people and basically there's Elvis.
Speaker 2: And Gandhi and Danielle are the main people on that show.
Speaker 5: So but what I'm hearing is I bring out the best in Scary Jones, which is the opposite of.
Speaker 2: What I was saying last week.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about no, but I was comparing Scary Jones on the podcast as to Scary Jones in real life, not Scary Jones on the Big Show.
Speaker 2: That's like a whole other. But he is so much better.
Speaker 3: You're so much better of the podcast, ah much better.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Where you go to dinner, do you have twenty thirty forty thousand people listening to you at dinner.
Speaker 3: No, but nor do I want them to, because you know they might hear some shit that offends them.
Speaker 2: Well, you're more popular here. He's back, What does he want to say now?
Speaker 8: And of course you know the clip you played.
Speaker 27: You know that lady has a point that spending eighteen dollars on a salad and then her friend's expect her to pay like one hundred and twelve or whatever the hell that fucking bill will?
Speaker 8: You can kiss my fucking ass? Yeah, hate that ship. That'll be the last time we go out. I don't give a damn.
Speaker 27: But of course, you know, amongst friends, if we are ordered around the same as a couple of dollars difference, who cares.
Speaker 8: Let's just pay it. But eighteen and.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, crazy shit, appreciate you. We're gonna take a break real quick. Okay, how's that sound all.
Speaker 2: Right with Scary and Rudy? All right? All right?
Speaker 3: Uh moving on, looks like these people all left talkbacks on Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 27: Welcome CT again. Uh before I forget, I'm sure I'm going to piss a lot.
Speaker 8: Of people off, but un forget.
Speaker 27: Maybe it's time you guys should put maybe a cap on the talkbacks. I mean, not for nothing, but you know, when you start getting into the six, seven eight talkbacks, it's not just one person or a few people, but it's like, goddamn, dude, like.
Speaker 8: Get your point across sooner or move on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, all right, Will, Let's see if Will from Let's see if Will from CT lives up to his recommendation.
Speaker 3: Well that was what that was? Number three from him? Yeah that was three, But he's solid three solid threes. Yeah, three is the magic number.
Speaker 28: Brooklyn Boys, John from Long Island, New York here coming off of a four month hand surgery.
Speaker 19: That's a long stay away from catching up.
Speaker 9: If that doesn't count.
Speaker 28: Splice time, I told myself I was just gonna run through and not leave any twelk backs on something that you recorded months prior, but this particular episode I just had to because it's such.
Speaker 15: A nerve with me.
Speaker 28: Okay, and Hope, I'm not so on this episode that you probably have zero recollection of doing. Brody played a short clip from Octane from Shannon guns Uh, incorrectly stating that a song went down a list when it went by saying it went up a list. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with Octane, specifically Shanning Guns. For some reason, she says everything back. Every single time she hosts the Countdown. She says something goes up when it goes down.
Speaker 8: And vice versa, and it drives me insane.
Speaker 28: I don't know if it's a Canadian thing, you would think she's involved with music so much. Her husband is the lead certain her own Budbeam, which I know is scary, has no idea who.
Speaker 9: That is over top one hundred.
Speaker 28: And he grew up with making a nutch.
Speaker 21: Justin pet beave.
Speaker 28: I'm sure I will get your guys reaction to this in four months, love you?
Speaker 2: No, we're right here? No, right here?
Speaker 5: Hey, So, yeah, it doesn't work that way. You left the message this week, We hear it this week. Yeah, it doesn't sit there for four months.
Speaker 2: We get we were up to day. I'm sorry, he's four months behind, so he's not going to listen to this episod. So that's not true. How did he How did he know to leave a talk back to begin with? This was what he heard an episode from four months ago?
Speaker 3: Was it four months ago or was it before we started the talkback show.
Speaker 2: That was a year and a half ago. Scary, Well, I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking there's got guns that what he's talking about was it was, okay a few months ago.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: So here's what I'm thinking happened to the DJ who keeps saying it the wrong way when you are if you're looking at a chart right in a magazine and you want to see the number one the song, it's gonna be at the top of the page, right you move up the charts to number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, But.
Speaker 5: If you're a you're a DJ, and you get a print out and you're playing the songs in order on page one, you're going to see song ten, then nine, then eight and seven, then six, and you flipped the page and then it's five, four, three, and you flipped the page and it's two to one. It's in reverse order because you're playing them from the top of the list to the bottom of the list.
Speaker 2: So she's seeing it and she's saying, oh, it moved down to number two. But that's not how people speak when it comes to me, even though it's down on your paper, it's still up in the charts. That's correct.
Speaker 3: But when it's but when you're referring to the chart itself, down means it's downgraded and lower. A lower position, which is from going from number three to number seven down down four notches to number seven up is number one up at.
Speaker 2: The top, down at the bottom. That's how it should be.
Speaker 3: But if who cares about their list only that person is seeing their own list, what he's trying to say is they should make the adjustment, and they don't one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to explain why she's backwards. Also, I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 5: I keep hearing commercial endorsements on the radio and on television with DJs at sports radio stations saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on in and we'll give you a great massage. No, you won't do it. You don't work there. It don't work there. Right, it's the copy. I change it.
Speaker 3: I change it when I get copy that says it, I change it. I change it today.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get bought. Like we've talked about this on this podcast. I know it's it's everybody's fault, but like I just saw a commercial with what's her face, Jennifer Garner. Maybe she's like, oh, at Capital one, we'll give you. You don't work at Capitol one. It's not weak in her contract that she doesn't get. She doesn't say that that should have been if she's trying to play listen, if she if they made her honorary employee there, or she's getting like stock whatever.
Speaker 5: That's one thing. But if you're on the radio and you're like, oh, come on down, we'll we'll take good care of you.
Speaker 3: No, you won't, they will, right, Okay, you've stated your point.
Speaker 29: I did I.
Speaker 9: Pay from Ohio.
Speaker 30: I think everybody is on the channel of just playing with Chell about the stage continents and all that. Liam Again, I'm on my free range farm eggs in dark dark alleys and I need to be a Narcanna afterwards.
Speaker 2: That's how good free range she is.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So whoever that was, hold on whatever that was sounded like Asian Mike, but I couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: Not It's not right whoever that was.
Speaker 5: When you hear this, think about how you left those talkbacks and don't do that, okay, because I want to hear what you had to say. I'm sure it was good. The talk into the microphone next time. That's a further away from microphone or something. Whatever you did, don't do that. We're slower and that not in a rainstorm.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, yeah, Scary, I'm listening to episode one sixty one, February third, twenty twenty one, going on and on about how these clubhouse apps was going to be the next best thing behind Facebook.
Speaker 15: How's that working out for you? Where's Clubhouse?
Speaker 18: What are we doing with it?
Speaker 15: Anything good?
Speaker 2: It died?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 12: You tell me.
Speaker 2: Clubhouse failed, it shut down. But also keep in mind, Scary's a big fan of pariscope. We were in the middle of.
Speaker 3: We were in the middle of we were in the middle of the pandemic, so we had a different mindset at that point. We were trapped. But yeah, clubhouse was going to be the thing until it wasn't. And all those apps like that Periscope.
Speaker 5: And into Clubhouse fine you fine kick oh and the and the line app. Oh my god, geez and uhr, right now, what are you doing, Scared?
Speaker 2: I don't know what BERTI. You gotta get on this new app. You gotta sign up, get your name, don't everybody get your name?
Speaker 3: Stereo Stereo app, the Mere Cat.
Speaker 2: Oh uh megaladon and tribal terrible.
Speaker 21: You know what, fuck you, Jeff?
Speaker 15: Why do you always have to order extra soda?
Speaker 8: And I think you're say, motherfucker. They didn't come.
Speaker 31: Prepared for a water bottle's compable. They got to get a water bottle. And if I remember correctly, I cannot stand people who do that and always have to just like abuse the privilege of friendship.
Speaker 8: This is Victoria from Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: No, you don't say, well said Victoria. By the way, I'm a big fan of that friend you just mentioned. But yeah, there was a lot of soda, a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: But you know what we should actually, I'll tell you what. Let's have a range of phone call from between Victoria and Jeff and she could tell him off live on the next episode of Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he'd appreciate. How great would that? That would be great. He's not going to do that? Why not? I think?
Speaker 3: More importantly, I don't he doesn't want to. I want her to curse him, curse him off.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want him to be aware that I talk about him so much. He doesn't listen to the Come on, I have her phone number right here.
Speaker 2: Let's go. That's great. I don't have I don't have his phone number, so sorry.
Speaker 5: Boom, Come on now, Scary, I just explained o hearing that I'm talking about his soda addiction.
Speaker 3: I would have been a great bit, just like kind of well do who let the dogs outfof roof?
Speaker 2: And then and then we'll.
Speaker 3: Just have her sick him, sick him, Victoria, get at him?
Speaker 2: Can you already have music for production?
Speaker 10: Just a thought, Brooklyn boys, I'm from upstate. This is in response of Slice Time episode three three six and the young lady who got offended by a scariest comment on having kids making you look older and.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 10: I think the reason why she got offended, or she's taking us so personally scary, or why it might be taken out of context is because you, sir, are captain generalized. You make a statement, and it's a blanket statement all across the board of specifying what you mean, so it's easy to take out of context.
Speaker 2: Which is great, which makes for better fodder and more talkbacks. But you'll never be a father. I'm okay with it.
Speaker 32: Reggie here, Scary, I disagree with the example.
Speaker 15: You gave about going to the steakhouse.
Speaker 32: Because if I'm invited out to a group dinner and I know we're going to a steakhouse, I'm a vegetarian. I'm totally fine eating just a couple of sides or a side salad.
Speaker 15: I'm not a complainer.
Speaker 32: I'll go there, but I should not have to pay an enormous see because everyone else got a steak.
Speaker 3: No, we should all just pay for you actually, see, because it's like it's just too much trouble to like say, all right, well Reggie had about twenty percent and the rest of us should be charged fifty sixty.
Speaker 2: Pers Wait, wait, are you saying that if I went out to a steakhouse with you and all your boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all you had was a fucking side or two, we would just pick up.
Speaker 2: We'd absorb your cost, and then I'm absolutely I'm in. I'm in. I'll have a season salad and some water.
Speaker 3: You are not gonna hold yourself back at a goddamn steakhouse.
Speaker 2: Dude, Am I getting the season salad for free? I'm in. Get out of here. You would not sacrifice your appetite.
Speaker 3: I'm saying if you showed up and you had some mac and cheese and a fucking and some cream spinach and that was it, and we were all eating steak.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, who are you talking to that? You think I would eat cream spinach?
Speaker 8: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 3: If it's a couple of sides, then we're just gonna pay for you.
Speaker 2: And then when you come in, you're in.
Speaker 3: But to come in and say like, oh, let's let's charge him, like you know, let's let's do the math make quadritic equations, and no we're not.
Speaker 5: We're not playing quadratic quadrat which is not a math it's not a math problem. Second of all, it's very simple. If I had a twenty dollar meal, you take twenty dollars off the bill and then split it.
Speaker 2: It's not that difficult to do the man I know, but it's just it's fussy. And if you get the tab app, it's peta, it's petty. Yeah, So you could buy my boy Eric Kusomano.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we were we were at We're at the city bestro roof and he bought us ranto from the sopranos, brought us around the drinks and he goes he I said, look, bro, I said, I'm leaving, so here, I'm jumping in my uber. Here's here's here's ten dollars. He made it look like I disrespected him. He's like, get the fucker are you kidding me? You're trying to pay me. I bought you a drink. I't worry about it, like he got insulted that I tried to give him slip him ten bucks.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of friends I roll with. That's my friends. He's already he's already spending four hundred. He doesn't need you ten dollars.
Speaker 3: He bought five guys drinks, and I said, you know what, But I didn't want to assume he was. He was shelling it out, and then I wasn't going to get him back because I was leaving because he usually go round for a round. I buy around, you buy around, and I was leaving before it was my turn.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of people I hang out with. Right there, all right now, that's you. You would take it to you like thank you, scary, and you would put the money in your pocket.
Speaker 5: You know, he didn't buy you a f one hundred dollars two hundred dollars steak dinner. He bought you a ten dollar drink, all right, So of course he's able to go, yeah.
Speaker 2: Keep it ten dollars. Now he gets credit, he gets mentioned, he got.
Speaker 33: He got loud, he was like, get the fuck on it with your money. What are you doing over here? What do you think for ten bucks? He just got a shout out on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. That's a good deal. Dollar a holler.
Speaker 15: That's the kind of thing. It's never fair. When I go out to dinner, all I had was the side salad. I helped to bust the table.
Speaker 32: I gave worls to the waiter and somehow I'm paying for everyone there.
Speaker 15: She's just on.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for that. I was waiting for it. Thanks love you, Reggie. Now did you give the Brooklyn Boy So? Did he give you the tip? The tip?
Speaker 10: Brooklyn Boys episode three thirty six, Lifetime. You should absolutely play in the audio from that newscaster that you reading the birthdays, Happy birthday, Nick Gerr. I found it hilarious and I'm black. Yeah, but I think your slices are not snowflall well, most of us aren't snowflakes, so we can take a joke, hopefully, hopefully, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could. You could say it. You're black. You did it.
Speaker 10: Thanks Sorry boys, Episode three three six, Slice time. I'm laughing because Scary said something to.
Speaker 2: The effect of uh Brody.
Speaker 10: Brody's comments is making it seem like Scary's made out of money. I think Scary does a great job with that by himself making it seem like he's made out of my blue baton shoes, white gloves service for at BMW.
Speaker 2: Private jets.
Speaker 10: Even though you don't wait for it, pay for it, you know, bougie bastard.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Come on, the boogie is the bastards. That's not me, that's not you got the wrong guy, you do. I may act boogie sometimes, but I'm not bougie all the time. Not all the time, no sometimes. And by the way, if you don't believe Scary, he'll have his manservant tell you the same thing. Hio.
Speaker 10: By the way, it sll love guys, especially Scary. I know we take a lot of shots at your butt, So.
Speaker 2: I love brother be as boogie as you want, you bastard, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 34: H By the way, I haven't been away, I've been around.
Speaker 20: I'm the porn star.
Speaker 34: I was talking about that I was talking about other random shit as well. I've been I've been around, I haven't disappeared. But the conversation I's about to follow is not pertaining to anything Broken Boys related, But it is pertaining to a certain group of slices that are in the Tri State area.
Speaker 9: Knicks fans.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 34: I'm looking at you, Knicks fans. You know, as a Philadelphian, you knew I wasn't gonna let this year slide because I'm looking at the fuck out where as it stands with this conversation, y'all down too.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 34: I told y'all, y'all beat the Celtics, and then all y'all motherfuckers got retarded, y'all act like y'all shit. I was thinking, y'all turned up ready to blow up the world, and ya ain't even get to the finals yet, beating up on Pacers fans. Where we are now, and understand something. This isn't coming from a full place of hate. I have a love hate relationship in New York. I love to hate it and I hate to love it. But there's something that undeniable and the pain of Knicks fans has been something. I understand it. Look, you know, we've been in a drought, but we know how to turn up and act retarded accordingly, like winning a super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Y'all just beat the cethicist.
Speaker 2: And now I look at you, y'all looking kind of right now you're choking sour great.
Speaker 34: Y'all need to be like you never do, like old girl Homegirl Daniel ma A Narrow in the Morning Show. Y'all need to get that refute.
Speaker 12: I need to bring it back.
Speaker 34: Up because to one and we're looking at you and y'all can't let Indiana rest a ball sacks over yall eyeballs.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 9: And it's coming.
Speaker 2: It's coming, regurgitating to get it back.
Speaker 3: Today's Tuesday, and we are recording this in the afternoon down to thee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brody and Scariest.
Speaker 35: William from Atlanta was listening episode three thirty five.
Speaker 8: When Scary He's talking about rocking his.
Speaker 35: Merse on the beach, and Brody didn't really like that idea, so I could He didn't say it, but I could hear him probably thinking it scary, You're rocking a backpack for a bitch, So anyway, you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. It's more of a front pack though, right, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 36: Story from Brooklyn here. So my daughter actually has well, I.
Speaker 37: Thought it was an unusual name, and then I found out that Matthew McConaughey's daughter has the same name. But I thought that I came up with it. I don't know, but my daughter's name is Vida v I da because it means life and she was my rainbow baby because I had a miscarriage before she was won. So it means life and it was special to me.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Oh that's a good name. Great, it's a great name. Oh we were talking about good name. Their kid Earth, which is what that conversation was from here.
Speaker 36: Oh hell no, a Wednesday wedding.
Speaker 12: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 36: I got married at the Ruviera on a Saturday. We paid more for a Saturday and Friday Sunday, and my husband as cheap as fuck. I can't imagine a when wedding. And if this person is your friend, why don't you.
Speaker 2: Just ask him why are.
Speaker 36: You getting married on a Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Oh don't you worry, I will that questions coming, ask that question?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 2: We're boys?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's play. Let's play role play. I want to hear you call me on the phone. I want to hear how you asked the question.
Speaker 2: But what's up? Hey, hey man, what's going on? Nothing got your wedding? An I got that you have that you have that tuxedo? Rent it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but bro got that wedding. Yeah, I got that wedding invite from you.
Speaker 2: Oh it's gonna be. It's gonna be lit me fire straight.
Speaker 3: Fire, And I think I'm gonna be there, but I don't know if Robin can make it because uh, well I know, yeah, sorry, she's got to work. She's got a new job. She can't take off. But a man was saving more money than she can't get off of work till like five o'clock. And by the time she gets to me, it's gonna be really, really late, and it's it's just not gonna work. So I'm gonna probably come stag be my by by myself, you know me, I get off at ten in the morning, but I hope.
Speaker 2: You don't hit that rush hour weekday traffic though, what's you know.
Speaker 3: It's fine, you know, and and you know, I'd really love to stay over, but you know, you gotta, we gotta.
Speaker 2: We've got a block of rooms for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it, you know me, I gotta get up betfore in the morning for the for the show. So see, I'm probably too Yeah, probably gonna be drive out there by myself and then I'm you know, hang out, not gonna drink very much and then and then I'll drive home by myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I why are you having it on a Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Sorry? What so?
Speaker 22: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's cool and all. I mean, I'm gonna be there no matter what. But uh, you know, yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 5: Why why you have an I want a better question for you. Uh, the last wedding you went to on a Saturday?
Speaker 2: You remember it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you ask them why they had a wedding on a Saturday? If it's Saturday, is the normal day to have a wedding?
Speaker 26: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are you saying I have an abnormal wedding?
Speaker 3: Well, now, a normal day of the week, just not not a day, not a very popular day to have a wedding.
Speaker 2: Wednesday is Sunday.
Speaker 3: Unless the next day is Thanksgiving, and even then that's a lot a lot of food I would.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 5: I would never give up a holiday weekend for that. No, I wouldn't ruin your holiday weekend. Wednesday is great. Now, I don't take away your weekend. You have the weekend to yourself. I'm doing you a thing.
Speaker 2: I just go nowhere, let's continue. I just I just wanted to see if you're going to ask, like, dude, why are you having a You know you're gonna say it like it's a positive. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, just I got surious.
Speaker 3: Gotta spin it, gotta spin it. Yeah, I'm not going to go in on them. No way, that would be awful. Hey, dude, what the fuck? Can't insult the guy? No, what's a matter of Tuesday wasn't available yet.
Speaker 38: Brian from a house, Florida. I gotta say, immerse, it is the most convenient thing.
Speaker 19: When you go to the theme park cargo passing.
Speaker 38: All those extra pockets, being able to carry the stuff for my son just makes it easy. You're going to Disney Universal.
Speaker 2: The world Universal appreciate you, Thank you for support.
Speaker 5: I saw a TikTok video which I should I should have gotten the sound from, but it was like, hey, guys, do you need more pockets? Don't carry a bag on your waist. And it was like a fanny pack. And it's a it's a it's a vest or with sleeves, a zip up hoodie with zipper pockets by the breasts, zipper pockets by the belly, pockets on the sleeves. That's where you got your pockets. Okay, no merse needed.
Speaker 39: Being it from my again, Hey boys, just do your thing, argue. There's like me and my brother do and by the name, his name is Chris, So just do your thing, just be you.
Speaker 8: And one more thing is I.
Speaker 2: Know you blocked three on my talkbacks.
Speaker 30: I know that's because of political stuff, so just let's just slide all right.
Speaker 3: Well he didn't block them, We just didn't air them because we're not a podcast of politics.
Speaker 2: So we moved forward. We appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you name here, farmer, what do you farm?
Speaker 9: Know?
Speaker 39: This as to wants what do you farm? State your name and what you farm?
Speaker 2: All right, then thank you? He wants inquiring minds want to know. I think, yeah, it was another one because.
Speaker 39: I grew up on a farm and you have not once said anything. I grew up with pigs, cows, chickens, a lot of other livestock stock.
Speaker 9: You have not said anything.
Speaker 2: All right, you need to tell us what you're farming.
Speaker 3: I know where you can get your pickroom. Get it done, let's go. We want to know which animals talk about them.
Speaker 2: What if you're a farmer of corn, then there's no animals necessarily, Well, tell us what your farm. I'd like to know as well. That makes two of us live.
Speaker 17: So three three seven.
Speaker 40: Coming about Scary's friends saying how he's very different on the.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Well, god damn, David Brody, do.
Speaker 40: You think Scary Jones would have argued with himself without you?
Speaker 15: I mean, I love the show, I love the arguments.
Speaker 40: I would hate to see both of y'all would sell shit on Facebook and stay home and not.
Speaker 15: Be busy with full time work like I don't.
Speaker 40: Know, so pretty much, keep being a.
Speaker 7: Self gentleman, keep arguing on you know, the one time and Pride Rice with vegetables and Devillea and Mahure Gay and John Barvader shirts.
Speaker 2: I love it all all equally.
Speaker 7: Don't change it to anything.
Speaker 40: And yeah, maybe that friend is just hit another circle and another vibe, which is totally fine.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, Scar he continues, but what were you gonna say? Have you ever won the Barbados in the villa bar videos, and yes, of course, Barvados in the villa. It sounds like it. Jones wearing Barvedos in the villa. It's a song lyric.
Speaker 7: I tell you, just keep in mind.
Speaker 40: Is like, because you two know each other for so long, and you guys work with each other for so long, both of you in the same way know how to push each other's buttons.
Speaker 15: Why we'll listen to this. We need that drug.
Speaker 40: We need to listen to the whole spiel, pickleball.
Speaker 12: Brawl, the brawl about the hooks and the at the bar.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 3: I love that ship, all all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 40: Hey, Scarry Jones, this is the I love you, but so I love you, but baby, bring the worst of you. He's not the reason the airport Starbucks was slow when you order your fancy love. He's not the reason the shorts didn't fit when you bought those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 15: He knows how to push those buttons. But come on, little.
Speaker 2: Bit, that's right. Shit happens to me and we just talk about it.
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right, And sometimes I bring it upon myself, which is the majority of Brody's problems with himself is he brings on the problems of his.
Speaker 5: Listen, if there's a cloud above my head, I didn't cause it to rain.
Speaker 2: It's not my fault.
Speaker 20: Benning from Brooklyn here, I think I already left to talk back for this episode, but I'm relistening.
Speaker 8: And something you said scary about.
Speaker 2: The uh the.
Speaker 20: Going out to dinner to like a steakhouse and ordering only a salad, and if they paul took in everything else, then yeah, just split it evenly. But if it like this woman, she only ordered a salad and maybe one drink for whatever it is, Hey for her, I don't mind that. If they want to just cover their own and that's it, Like I get it. You know, it's like some people come for the good company anyway, Like I was saying, uh, yeah, sometimes you got somebody that doesn't really enjoy the meal or whatever it is, but they want to come out for the good company. I'm okay with that as long as they're not making it into a big bodella, you know, a big fucking chaos where itemizing every.
Speaker 8: You know, it's like, all right, you spent thirty dollars.
Speaker 20: You spend twenty eight dollars thrown around thirty five dollars for your thing, and uh and the tip.
Speaker 2: As I said, I'll do you one better. I'll pay for you, Benny, but thank you, thank you good. I'm in good man, Benny from Brooklyn.
Speaker 41: No name thing, the old names and all that Rose is an old one, Betty, that old Beatrice, Beatrice, little older names that that I don't really consider that people would name today. My mother's name is Louise, so I put it as one of my daughter's middle names because my daughter was an old lady name.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 8: Louise.
Speaker 20: Definitely some definitely where'd you come up with Bryce and go into like the weird fucking names you need your kid something like Apple or fucking Earth.
Speaker 8: You're an idiot. I'm sorry, you're looking for attention.
Speaker 20: You're setting your kids up for a lifetime of fucking torture. That's my brother has a really Italian name and he was tortured and it's a normal name where we come from Naples. It's like you yell his name out cheeto, thousand people, Cheato. Yeah, if you guys haven't realized already, gen Z kids, for the most part, are kind of little, dim little you know, they raised with this fucking social media go and I have a gen Z kid. I have Preejen alphas and a gen Z kid. But they kind of you know, even their lingo is stupid. And I know alcoholis probably thought that our lingo from.
Speaker 2: The eighties ninety Yes they did, but.
Speaker 8: Most of us at least a lingo came from somewhere.
Speaker 20: It wasn't just fucking stupid, skimbity dibbity fucking words.
Speaker 2: It's like s GiB it.
Speaker 20: When I listened to my daughter, she's fifteen, when I was going on sixteen, She's talking to her friends and whatnot, stupid fucking conversations, man, And then they don't even know how to talk to each other. Everything's texting and they don't even talk on the phone. It's either video call or texting.
Speaker 2: It's like, we got you, Annie, we got you. We feel your pain.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey, Annie, I know you're gonna not hear this for a couple of days maybe, but go look up the six seven meme going on on TikTok right now.
Speaker 2: How you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Reggie here, No, I'm not familiar with the six seven.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that on the on the brook Boys Slice Boys.
Speaker 32: Yeah, Reggie, here, I was thinking about how Brody has like two dogs.
Speaker 15: I think maybe three. I know he definitely has like two.
Speaker 2: Yeah two.
Speaker 32: The moment, I'm just so envious of his life, like I wish so bad I only had like two dogs.
Speaker 25: I wish so.
Speaker 2: Bad might have three.
Speaker 32: I have four dogs at eight cats, where I wouldn't give to have only two dogs.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, does she have four dogs? That eight cat? That eight cats? Or that she had four dogs and she's probably going for the joke as she always does. That's a lot of animals, I would say. So it's the boy podcast.
Speaker 5: See before the commercial break, I could have made a pussy joke in regards to and all our cats, but I did not see because you took the high road for a change, me take the high road.
Speaker 25: Gosh, she's just so lucky.
Speaker 15: He's so lucky, like.
Speaker 12: So much of my day is cleaning and feeding.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, Reggie.
Speaker 15: Hey guys, Laura from Connecticut, scary, I love you. Please, but please.
Speaker 4: Don't blame Barrody for the way you act. I know because you riled up and everything, but it's already in you.
Speaker 15: So if you have some message to send or.
Speaker 4: Want to say something about something, for example, like you said there's Starbucks, people not move it fast enough. You got pissed off about that. You brought that to Brody, So don't blame Brody that some other people may not see or you just may not speak about certain things with certain people and they only know you as the party.
Speaker 15: Scary or the funny scary or the fun scary period.
Speaker 4: But the truth is, you get a little crazy and Brody brings it out, but.
Speaker 15: It's in you already, So don't blame Brody Scary. Remember I love you, but don't blame them.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, I'll take that UNO adviisement.
Speaker 42: Thanks Brooklyn boys Backer from Long Island. I was listening to Brodie talking about the penny gambling machines. Did you guys know that penny ease are becoming extinct? They're not gonna make them anymore in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: That's right, correct, that they just ordered the last set of blanks or whatever to be printed.
Speaker 2: That's minted. That's it done. Well, here's here's what I think.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'm happy because all the pennies that exist are still going to exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's number number two.
Speaker 5: Three and a half years from now, they may start making pennies again if they see it's a problem, because ultimately, if there aren't any pennies, are you gonna have to reprogram every cash registered or round down two cents or up three cents or well up two cents or whatever. So until they make sales tax ten percent on everything, and it's even you're gonna need pennies to pay cash. Now, a lot of people don't pay cash anymore.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 5: But we're gonna have pennies for a very long time, yeah, because they're everywhere.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I did, we're just not making pennies. Yeah. Also, you can just use a cheaper metal. You don't need to use copper.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, I'm okay with them discontinuing it. If it saves money, that's not my money.
Speaker 15: Say hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut.
Speaker 2: That's saving pennies.
Speaker 15: Hey guys, Laura from Connecticut. So I guess my name is old. I'm old.
Speaker 4: I'm fifty four, so I imagine that Laura is old. It's not a very popular name. Now they need to get fancy names, So Laura is the old school, like Danielle and Tara, those are older names. But it's like these famous people naming their kids outrageous names like Apple.
Speaker 15: You know there's a lot.
Speaker 4: So I guess Laura is old and I'm sure ten years from now, Apple will be old in any other name that these rich people are naming their kids, or putting two names together to make one name sounds good, whatever works for everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Laura. I don't think Laura's an old baby boy, I think it is. I don't think Laura's a young name. I don't think it's an old name.
Speaker 5: I think it's in the sweet spot, like like Goldilocks, right in that middle bed.
Speaker 43: Heyby boys, it's Rifka from Brooklyn. I just wanted to comment on the baby name conversation. There's this chick on TikTok who just had a kid.
Speaker 12: Oh my god.
Speaker 43: I don't know if it's a boy or girl, but they named the kid Pony, and everyone in the comments are eating this chick up alive because of how ridiculous the name Pony is.
Speaker 12: She loves it, Like the hate comments she's getting is insad.
Speaker 3: She deserves it because she put it out there, and she knew what she was doing when she did end the story. So yeah, so she deserves all the hate that she gets. It's like the people that put those super brody you and I exchanged these already.
Speaker 2: Rhymes rhymes with tony though, now is pony short for Panthony?
Speaker 3: People who do outrageous things on TikTok and put them out there, they deserve every last bit of hate because they are that's what they want.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, though, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna just go out on a limb here. I think the kid's name really isn't Pony. Oh you think that she's just doing it for attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's getting clicks and and commentary.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna, I'm gonna hope. I'm gonna hope for the kid's sake, that the kids not really named Pony. Now, even if your name, I mean, you could name the kid po like as a nickname. What's up, Poe?
Speaker 2: Pose? All right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Pose a Star Wars name, Pose a Panna's name. Okay with that, Poe Damren, you know, but Pony. I don't think that's real, but it was real.
Speaker 43: So I also wanted to comment on Scary's quote unquote like fancy black tie Wednesday wedding. I thought it was funny that you guys found a Wednesday wedding to be so shocking, because, at least for me growing up Jewish tradition Jewish, we talked about.
Speaker 12: The weddings that I attended.
Speaker 2: Were always on a Tuesday, and we maybe it's like.
Speaker 12: A Jewish slash cheap thing, lol.
Speaker 43: But I just found it funny that you guys were so shocked about a Wednesday wedding.
Speaker 3: And I did say in that episode that yes, I know the Hasidic Jewish people do do Tuesday and Wednesday weddings and it's normal for them. This guy couldn't be more Italian, just saying it's weird for that and for the purposes that they remember. Because I understand the Friday, the Saturday, it's a little tough is less days of the week for you to actually have one.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Late Saturday night, we were specifically talking about this Italian couple who just broke tradition, just saying it's weird.
Speaker 43: And nobody come for me for making a Jewish cheap joke. I'm allowed to, but yeah, maybe it just makes more sense for religious Jews to like have weddings during the week because they can't do Friday night.
Speaker 12: Saturday night is like.
Speaker 43: Difficult after the Sabbath, and uh yeah, I guess it just works for them during the week. But it was just funny. You guys were like so shocked about a Wednesday wedding. I was like, oh, that's normal to me.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep, scary. If you were to get married, would you absolutely do a Saturday.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily, but I would certainly not do a Wednesday or Tuesday or Thursday or a Monday or so. You do Friday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I would say, Saturday is the day Friday. I would do Sunday before Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, I was a Saturday, but you didn't you didn't know.
Speaker 43: Me then, okay, so the boy, the poty name is a boy. I just went back to this chicks Instagram a TikTok Iday and she said if she was going to have a girl, they were.
Speaker 12: Going to name her Birdie lou l o U.
Speaker 43: I don't know, these people are fucking I just I can't deal with people. And the comments were all like you know, this kid's gonna grow up with the name Pony, right.
Speaker 9: My god, I can't fucking deal.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And this is accomplished because they got a reaction out of her, so much so that she came to tell us what.
Speaker 5: That can I just say, if Pony ends up being famous, it'll it'll be it'll be commonplace to say the name.
Speaker 2: Like you, you and I.
Speaker 5: Like twenty five years ago, thirty years ago, when when an eighteen year old basketball player came to the the NBA, You're like, Shaquille.
Speaker 2: That's a weird name, Shaquille.
Speaker 5: But now it's like, oh, that's Shaquille o' neil, Right, Brooklyn's other players west.
Speaker 3: When the first time I heard someone named their their kid Brooklyn, I thought it was so bizarre. But now Brooklyn is is it populated? Beckham's kid is Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so I guess if you say it enough. So listen, if Pony has five, you know, hit songs, you'd be like, oh, yeah, Pony, it normalizes it, all right. Let's get to Juan Valdez. Huh, let's do this.
Speaker 44: It's always burning and scary, scary Jones. Hold yourself to something you're about to be blown away.
Speaker 2: Juan Valdez got married on a Tuesday.
Speaker 44: Yes, tesy, Wow, save a little more than fifty percent on the venue. I saved a good chunk like forty on the catering. Oh my god, balloons, the DJ. Everybody was so cheap, so it is so cheap. He broke and it's always burn is scary how much? Hey, I don't get you. I don't first yep, everybody pays right, it didn't it? You know what you should you guys in the next episode off the Broken Boss. You should play that little piece for Astra and see what and if she's ever going on with that one friend. I would love to know Asterisk, you know, take on the story. Yeah, a broken boysy befond this and he's always brought in a scary Now, this is a piece of knowledge from one baskets bouting part knowledge onto you. All rules have an exception, but then that would make it a rule, and it also has an exception. I always think, always question an authority.
Speaker 8: Point blessed.
Speaker 3: Thank you for Wan Valdezskez married on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: On a Tuesday.
Speaker 45: From my last talkback, you asked when you wanted to be the only one doing parodies for the show a long time ago, way before talkbacks. I used to email parodies since Scary read them, and you said, leave the parodies to me, because you take parody work very personally. You're stell them with AI, which is awesome. Mine was nowhere near the Trucker level, though, And shout out to Scary too for playing them seamlessly as they come in one after another for the complete song for those You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Hey, and I do remember you commenting that Brody leave to me.
Speaker 5: Yes, as I said last episode in my explanation of that, that's when I had a parody company working for us at iHeart, where I could get parodies done because I don't sing. So now that I can't do parodies, I'm more apt to let you know. Trucker do a parody every once in a while, you know. But I still write parodies. I just don't write them for here because I don't have access to singers.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 45: So, and in the last episode, Brody was talking about the map. He kept saying over there, who else was screaming? Rock and Steve from the Bronx over there?
Speaker 2: Over there?
Speaker 45: And Scary said, if you do nothing else about something if you do nothing else. Put the Broken Boys podcast as your first preset on iHeartRadio. And you were saying in like a line out like a lamb. You missed in like a lion made mushroom out like a lamb.
Speaker 2: Ah mushroom very good.
Speaker 5: He's gonna say it, but he forgot because it didn't help his memory exactly.
Speaker 46: Hey, Brooklyn Boys, MJ from NJ having technical difficulties. The merse is a glorified fanny pack. If you want to use it for the beach, go right ahead. Who gives a who? Who cares? You're the one that wants to use it. I think it's fine, So what what anybody says? Yes, maybe people might look like Vinny from Brooklyn or some other people may you know they're not going to use it. It's not manly enough. But hey, yeah, you can wear whatever you want. Who cares?
Speaker 12: It's you.
Speaker 46: It's for your comfort to put your items in. Also, what happened with tol Darren. I am behind in some episodes. I understand, and that Franny fuckface bitch she should not be playing.
Speaker 12: Would you've got to go soft on her? Bullshit?
Speaker 46: Well, hopefully you get your other guys back or whoever you're playing with, David Brody.
Speaker 12: Okay, back to Franny buck face. Yeah, why just because.
Speaker 46: She can't play as good as you, I would have hit her in the fucking face with the ball.
Speaker 12: I don't play pickleball.
Speaker 46: But but then again, you're trying to be nice.
Speaker 12: I understand.
Speaker 46: So hopefully you get your other people that you play with back. That was a one off, but she should step up a game as well. The merse, keep the merse, I know, I just repeated myself, told Darren we got to find out what's going on with him.
Speaker 12: And oh it's me again. Darn it all this.
Speaker 46: Okay, Carlone Beach, you still owe Robin the dinner. I know that this was expensive. This was on Elvis, the jet was on Elvis. But you still owe her the intimate dinner. Okay, because of Carlo Beach, and you owe David Brody to escape dinner.
Speaker 12: It's the same content.
Speaker 46: And for the Hairy Lady, yes, she should have to pay no offense. Sorry five thousand twalk backs last one. But the hairy Lady, it's not her fault that she's heavy, I understand, but she has to pay more. The person is using more time and I guess more strips. I know it's not a big deal, but she should pay maybe five dollars extra. They should put a sign up. It has to be displayed. If you have a more area, it can cost a little more. That should be displayed. She could bring this to court if it wasn't displayed. You don't okay that put a salon.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry.
Speaker 46: They have to put a note up there that if you have more of an area to work on, it may cost a little bit more. Legally, you should have something up there. I know common sense, it's a bigger area. You're using more time for the salon. Lady, Yes, but I don't know I would. I'd be fucking embarrassed. I would never put this out there fans, anybody, what you're doing.
Speaker 12: It's embarrassing. Love you guys, gotta go.
Speaker 15: Bye, Love you.
Speaker 2: Do you really have to go? I really wanted you to stay some more. They need me in surgery. I gotta go. What a way to end slash time? Huh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that already so soon? M J bok the boys?
Speaker 29: All right, Thank you again for all of your talkbacks reactions.
Speaker 1: This podcast all depends on you.
Speaker 3: Baby,