Speaker 1: H m hm.
Speaker 2: Hm hm hm hm.
Speaker 3: Hm hm The John Anick and Kenny Florian Podcast John Annick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 4: I fucking love him.
Speaker 5: I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 6: Beg John there, Pctufian Pretre, hond.
Speaker 2: Out, Rob Sucker.
Speaker 4: I believe there are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 3: Here are your hosts, John Anick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 1: Oh and just like that we are live. How do week off?
Speaker 7: But back in your life and free as always on YouTube and iHeartRadio and wherever in the world you may aingest your podcast. It is Monday, June one, twenty twenty six, Episode five hundred and ninety seven of the Anti Comploring Podcast, powered by All the Smoke Fight. It is on the Anti Comploring Podcast YouTube channel All the Smoke Fight as well. Kenny Flourian just got off a plane. Any snakes on the plane or no?
Speaker 2: No, mother eff and snakes on the plane, Thank goodness. But do what you say June one? Why'd you say? June one? That bothered me for some reason? June one?
Speaker 7: That is June first, Yeah, kid, that bothered you a little bit? I mean, well, sorry with me now, and you're less tolerant. I am just doesn't working on X it says broadcast is not available. We are live, but yeah, that link that you guys want me to retweet on X says this broadcast is not available. So when that is fixed, I'll push that out anyway. Hope everybody enjoyed the respite. If you had a little bit of time off, fantastic. Where were you you were just on a plane?
Speaker 2: Where were you? Exactly?
Speaker 4: I was?
Speaker 2: I was in Iowa. Kid, he forgot Iowa.
Speaker 7: Second, you forgot for a second or then you were thinking, maybe do I not disclose my location?
Speaker 2: What were you doing? I des Moine? What were you doing in Des Moines? Doing a little shooting? A little shooting with the boys?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I went to like a little shooting summit. Got to train with some of the best shooters in the world, which was fun, and got to uh get nice and sore and learn some shi in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 1: This guy, man, what's the end game with this shooting?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's it's become a little bit you know, when I get into something, I get a little obsessed with it. But you know, I think it's it's fun to know and I kind of like taking it as far as I can as I can, you know, while like and uh yeah, man, just trying to get better, you know, maybe maybe teach it one day, you know, but uh yeah, it's been fun dude.
Speaker 1: How much Brazilian jiu jitsu are you doing these days?
Speaker 4: Kid?
Speaker 2: You know what's funny?
Speaker 6: Last week I actually did jiu jitsu for the first time in like two years, and my back was great, so shout out to CPI. I couldn't believe it. That's the first time I think my back hasn't been sore after doing grappling in like maybe fifteen years.
Speaker 2: So it's uh oh, it's good. So far, so good. I'm still testing it out.
Speaker 6: It's in the testing phase, but uh yeah, man, hopefully I can get back to.
Speaker 2: Doing some jiu jitsu as well.
Speaker 7: Amazing well, shout out yes to CPI, Stem Cells, Scotty and the boys and everybody else, and uh yeah, just be careful out there with that, gentle are Brazilian jujituard A lot of things coming up today. Raymond Pete is coming up in twenty five minutes, so we were wishing ray a happy birthday in our group text and I sent like an audio birthday message, and I called him Raymond Pete and that's his new nickname. His name is Raymond Peter Longo. But Ken Flow heretofore he's fucking Raymond Pete.
Speaker 2: Dude, Raymond Pete, Raymond Pete. I like that. I like that adjustment.
Speaker 7: Raymond fucking Pete coming up bottom of the hour. And he does have thrown sport coffee. By the way, Gus the Gorilla is holding my uh my thrown sport coffee. If you want to go wide, I'm about to take it out of his paw. But Ray Longo joins us at twelve thirty. R J Clifford rated, RJ. There it is there, it is. Look gonna see Shaw caravel with Gus the Garrilla. Thank you, Gus. Ah you like that product place, Thank you, Cody.
Speaker 2: Oh. We got r J.
Speaker 7: Clifford coming up in about ten minutes. Hmmm, a lot of fight announcements. We got UFC Fight Night Song you Dong Versus Davis and Figuretto to recap some momentum for Real American Freestyle Wrestling as well, and UFC Free Freedom two fifty is uh is less than two weeks away, so let's not ury the lead.
Speaker 1: Let us get to headlines. Let's go to headlines.
Speaker 2: It's time for headlines.
Speaker 5: I have some very urgent and important breaking.
Speaker 3: New headlines on Kenny Surians contest.
Speaker 2: All right, Kenny.
Speaker 7: It is Monday, June first, and that means that the White House card UFC Freedom two fifty is thirteen days away. I have my first sort of meeting call today five pm Eastern time. Craig Bor sorry calling us all together, so it's here and uh at the end of the day. Oh, I don't like that trite phraseology. But it's about the fights, right, And Joe Rogan was talking about some of the variables with fighting outdoors.
Speaker 2: We have talked about that a little.
Speaker 7: Bit and whether or not maybe George Saint Pierre and his prime would have willingly defended his title, not knowing what the temperature or the humidity might be.
Speaker 1: But there's gonna be a.
Speaker 7: Lot of pageantry and a lot of bells and whistles and press conference at the Lincoln Memorial and everything else. But this is a huge legacy fight for Ilio Toporia. If he is who everybody thinks he is, you and everybody else, you know, it's a fight that he's got to win and defend his lightweight championship, and I just can't wait for I think I can't wait for the hype and the pageantry, but also that to give way to what we're actually there for, which is the fight.
Speaker 6: You know, from time to time when I'm traveling around, people come up to me and you know, they want to talk fights or you know, talk about whatever. I think this has been one of the fights that people have been most interested in. A lot of people asking questions about this White House card. And you know, if I could have ever imagined that when I started, that they'd have a fight, you know, at the White House one day, you know. So it's really cool to see how how farther sport has come and where we're at. This is going to be a massive card. I think for Ilio Tolporia, I think he is the best mixed martial artist that I've ever seen. I think he is incredibly skilled. I think also he's going to be feeling some pressure. He seems to be a pretty cool, cool cucumber, though he's going to get a guy who's extremely dangerous in Justin Gaechee. I think gae Chee definitely has a massive mountain to climb. But you know, I think it's going to come down to how defensively sound he is heading into this fight.
Speaker 7: I was doing some media earlier today in Poland, and they asked me, is this a global cultural event? Is this a sporting event? Is this a political event? What is this exactly? And it's certainly a sporting event, and at least in the United States, and I'll get to the other parts of that as well, but in the United States, Kenny, super Bowls happen annually and are just absolutely massive, and certainly in NFL households like mine was as a d and is now every year annually. That is gonna be massive. You have seen numbered events are always going to be massive, right. The Sphere event was the broadcasting experience of a lifetime. But this sporting event on the White House lawn, now that we see it coming together in less than two weeks out, it feels like an annual super Bowl is a weird comp but next to a super Bowl, this feels like this is gonna go down as one of the biggest sporting events in United States history. And to have mixed martial arts at the forefront is just awesome.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I think it's gonna be extremely hard to replicate. I don't think we will see this most likely won't see this ever again.
Speaker 6: I think there's a lot of factors that kind of came together to make this thing happen with this kind of timing. Yeah, And I think it's really interesting, man, you know, to have this kind of event and to see this sport, you know, at the forefront of this event is really really cool. And I'm excited for the fighters and the opportunity for them. I think there's going to be a lot of eyes on them and it's up to them to go out there and deliver. And I think we're going to see some awesome fights.
Speaker 7: It's just a massive undertaking and huge credit to the UFC's entire group of executives and live event production team and everybody else for doing this. Because I do believe it's not out of the realm of possibility that there will be a future president who would love to have like an outdoor NBA game on the south lawn of the White House, right, But the security undertaking, the executing of the live events, right, and a basketball game in theory would have a lot of easier parts than fourteen fight camps coming in and out, you know, but huge undertaking. I can't wait to get to DC and just to see all that we are in for. In terms of it being a political event, I really don't see it as that we're celebrating the United States of America. A lot of Medal of honor winners going to be there, and a lot of troops military personnel in uniform. And Kenny, I think you've probably seen some of the memos and things that are going out in terms of ticket recipient among the United States military members. Ticket recipients required to meet the WHTR standard of less than point five to five, which has to do with their physical conditioning. And I also found this to be particularly interesting that commands are encouraged to identify and nominate personnel from installations and units. Oh no, that's outside the NCR, but just talking about people who are UFC fans. Focus tickets must be distributed to genuine UFC fans, not solely to high ranking DVS attendants. Focus should be on junior enlisted and junior officers, but finding UFC fans among military personnel that are active to come to this live event. I thought that was really cool. They not only do you have to be in shape, but they're going to get priority to actual UFC fans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess in that way, right, there is a little bit of you know, politics involved in that way, but you know, I don't think it's really that different from you know, say an NFL game, where you know that they'll have jets fly over the stadium and things like that. I think, you know, it is going to be associated with the military and the US military, which of course is the most powerful in the world.
Speaker 2: And I think a lot of US military and.
Speaker 6: I had the opportunity to travel all over the world visiting them, you know, when I was fighting at the UFC and when I was retired. You know, they find inspiration with fighters, always have, and I think that that's the association there, and I think it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: I have no idea what is in format or what exactly this show is going to entail, but it is going to be a television event for the ages, I would think, for everybody who loves live sports. So we're very excited for that. In terms of getting back to the actual matchup. So the Topodia camp has talked about sort of thinking about mixed martial arts, maybe in out that if your team Geechee, if you're Trevor Whitman, how are they preparing to beat Ilia Topoitia and in a fighter meeting? And I see that ken flow smirk, Right, I really know nothing about fighting. I've just been around for a long time, right. But I asked Uri pro Hooska before the Carlos Alberg fight, how would you train for or try to beat Uri Prohoskin? And we kind of moved on and he didn't answer, and I sort of stalled for him, and then I kind of like installed for Cody on the headlines drop today.
Speaker 2: We still didn't nail that, but I.
Speaker 7: Was stalling for Uri pro Hoska a little bit, and I said, how would you go about training for and ultimately beating Uri Prohoska? And then I sort of said, I know it's a loaded question, and then I said you don't have to answer it, and he didn't. But I find that to be, among many things, you know, key to the way that Topoitia camp, his brother and everybody else intellectualized fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that for for Geechie, it's not easy.
Speaker 6: How do you approach someone like Ilia Toporia very carefully, I think is the answer. I think that it comes down to Geechee really managing his aggression with his intelligence. I think that's really what it comes down to here. So there's certain guys and people are like, well, obviously Kenny, well not so obviously. Eliot Tolpori is not a guy that you just approach recklessly. And for some people, I've been hearing the fact that like, yeah, you know, Geechee just needs to go out there and start brawling and just see if he can, you know, roll the dice and land a big one, and you're like that, I don't know if that's really the approach against someone who is as highly skilled as Iliot Tolporia. It doesn't quite work that work like that, not against him. Why, Because he is so defensively sound. He's very good at deflecting and blocking punches and then beating you on the inside with straighter, crisper punches. So I don't think it's a matter of you know, geegee going out there and just creating chaos. I think it needs to be very, very calculated, and he needs to be very careful with how he enters and how he exits. Ilio Toporia is extremely patient as well. He is a guy that takes a little bit, you know, to figure you out, and then once he does, you're in big trouble. And if you try to be overly aggressive like Charles Olivera, then you'll be sleeping like Charles Olivera or Max Holloway or Alexander Volkonowski. These are guys that are highly highly skilled and they had trouble with him. So for Geigee, this is not an easy fight at all. But we can't forget about Geigie's power and his will to win in his legendary chin and.
Speaker 7: It's a mixed martial arts contest. But yeah, Alexander Toporia was saying that when Justin Gaigie hits and advances and is offensive, he is vulnerable. But shot selection is just absolutely critical, and certainly with respect to the betting line, you can be sure that that team Toporia is acutely aware of the dangers that this fight presents.
Speaker 2: All Right, R J.
Speaker 7: Clifford coming up in about thirty seconds, but this summer nothing is off limits. Scary movie is bad and the Wayans brothers are bringing the R rated comedy chaos with them Marlon Way and Sean wayns, Anna Farris and Regional Hall are back in their iconic roles, and they're facing a whole new wave of horror. They're pushing boundaries, they're crossing lines. Yeah, everything's getting roasted. If you thought the trailer was wild, just wait. Everyone could use a laugh these days. So grab your friends and experience the comedy. That's even better with the crowd. Scary movie only in theaters June fifth.
Speaker 2: All right, we're waiting a tv NA LV. It contains strong language in violence. It is intended only from mature audiences. You weren't discussing advised. This is rated R with R. J Clifford.
Speaker 9: The fighting, that's that's the fun part. It's like NFL from Zoolander, which is so fucking hot right now.
Speaker 5: Dude, Like, well, speak about it.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know who he is.
Speaker 10: I just know he's arrest so you know, googled him.
Speaker 2: Only on the Annik and Florian podcast, No.
Speaker 7: Rest for the Weary, Welcome back to the United States of America, Randall. I mean, if I had known that you were on the China ticket, might.
Speaker 2: Let you sleep in?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you want it, don't lie?
Speaker 11: John well, exactly where I was, and you said, no, get to work, kidding, And here I am, bright eyed, bushy tailed.
Speaker 2: Well two things.
Speaker 7: First of all, can you pull your mic a little bit closer to your mouth. Second of all, so you are a father, so I assume you're up early.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I have an angel for a wife. So she took care of the getting ups and going. This morning, I walked her to school. I got to do the fun part all right. The hard part she handled all right.
Speaker 7: Well, just so you know, anytime that you want to go later in the program, that is always on the table. So we were sort of talking a little bit, and it's great to see, by the way, about Iliotsoputia and just sort of the intellectual, calculated approach. And I don't think you heard necessarily what I was saying before you came on. But in my last fighter meeting with Uri pro Haska, I asked him how he would prepare for himself and.
Speaker 1: Toporia and his team.
Speaker 7: We're asking that, you know, what are Trevor Whitman and Justin Gatesie, what are they sitting down with at the outset of training camp and trying to get done in this matchup? So you know, given the betting odds, given how many in the fight game who are sharper of mind than me think he's so up against it. What do you think they're doing to try to spring this upset?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I've been, you know, diving into Iliot to pour a little bit more. And just the way that guy is never out of position just blows my mind. He is just always just the weights distributed evenly, hands are always up, eyes are always on his opponent, whether he's retreating, countering, wrestling, hurt not or whatever. He's just always in this incredible position. And getting him out of position I think is the key here. Trying to get him find a spot where he's uncomfortable and obviously easier said than done. And Getchee has some incredible weapons at his disposal, but we've seen Iliotaporter be able to handle pretty much every weapon he's seen so far. I mean, you know, you look at just like the list of Hall of First Bout Hall of Famers, he's knocked out. He's the only guy that didn't look completely lost against Brian Hall. I mean, just he's just anything thrown at him, he's figured out. I'm like, oh, maybe justin Geegee's Lakes lake Kicks get into the mix. But then you saw, I guess Raphaelfhaze he got taken down a couple of times when you through the lake Kicks because he just throws him so freaking hard that he's off balance. And that's the last place in the world you want to be against Iliot's Aporias. So Trevor Whitman and company have their work cut out for him, and lord knows, they're some of the best in the business at putting something together. But yeah, Kenny, why they didn't ask me for game plan advice because I don't know.
Speaker 5: I ain't got much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but listen, if Geechee stands up with Tilporia, he could be in trouble. If they go to the ground, he also may be in trouble. Now, like, how big of how big of a wake, I mean, how big of a upset do you think this would be? And you know, how much do you think the waight plays into this? Because Geechee, I think, is gonna to be significantly larger in this. Does that make Does that matter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it always.
Speaker 9: I think it always matters to an extent, right, I think maybe in the Clinch might.
Speaker 5: Be a good place for Gaechie to try to get some done.
Speaker 9: You know, he has this great like kind of colored tie hockey fighting style that he can mix in there, you know, make it, make it kind of dirty, make it kind of rough. And I was listening to you guys you know earlier, it's like, hey, just throw the whole Kinchen sync on him, you know, make it like not X's and O. Just make it a brawl. And I think I'm with you. Ken't any think just that full mentality is wrong, But I think there's aspects to that that makes sense. You just kind of maximize certain gray areas, use that weight advantage, use some All American wrestling chops to kind of mix things up.
Speaker 5: But it's a yeah, it's an uphill battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go suicide mission Derek Brunton, Robert Whitaker.
Speaker 5: It's an option.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where would you play the where would you place this as far as upsets if Geechee's able to pull this one off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You like how I tried to not answer that question, left me off the hook, where as I'll answered you you brain you dialog.
Speaker 5: Ju jitsued me so well.
Speaker 9: It so betting wise, it wouldn't be an even you know, the top thirty in like the UFC title fights before, So I think that's important to realize. But I think matchup wise, it's it's a handful for Geechee. I think matchup wise, it's it's huge.
Speaker 5: It would it would be.
Speaker 9: It would be one of the greatest game planning execution upsets in recent memory.
Speaker 5: Because obviously, Geegee's awesome, like's.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean, Like, there's been worst guys getting title shots against really good champions.
Speaker 5: Geechee is is certainly not that.
Speaker 9: He's a well credentialed guy and he's been in there with the very very best multiple times and has been for his entire career before he was in the UFC, was fighting the best guys that you could outside the UFC. Like, he's no stranger to big moments, which is why I think, you know you here, Dana White say, like, who why'd you pick who you did for the White House cards? Because you can always count on these guys, and that's the truth. Gechie always shows up. So I mean it would it would be massive, and it would be it would be one of the greatest game plan execution upsets that that I could, I could remember in recent I have to really think about that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think Gaichie's live, right, and I'm calling the fight, so I can't say much more than that, right, But just because our mon Sargian in MMA theory would have more ways to beat Iliotsopurtia doesn't mean that he would. The reason why we're all captivated by this sport and we show up here every Monday and all we want to do is talk about it is because it's the greatest unpredictable theater in live sport. And justin Gaechee has fucking dense bones. He's a tremendous athlete. He could do backflips, he just had a hole in one. He has a tremendous head coach. He has been hardened for this moment. His current form is outstanding back to back wins against Rafaelfazeve and Patty pimblet right, So yeah, I mean MMA Matthew can throw out in terms of Max Holloway and all of it.
Speaker 1: I don't know Randall right.
Speaker 7: Like I, and you're right, it's not some massive betting upset, and we didn't even intend to necessarily go down this path today. But I think the Toporia camp certainly understands that Justin could produce a moment yeah where he to outpoint him, you know, forty nine to forty six over five, that would be something. But the notion that Geechee can't fucking find a knockout button in the first ten minutes, y'all are fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: I think I think clinch work. I think maybe against the cage wall a little bit could be a good place as.
Speaker 9: Long as Geige's in good position, Like if your back is against the cageast eliot Ta Poria, you might as well check out then, because that's just where he wants to put you, and he's just so dangerous there.
Speaker 5: When I close my eyes.
Speaker 9: And think of Justin Gaigee's path to victory, what he's done so well is be a wall of orchestrated offense that overwhelms you and keeps you guessing. But Illi's just just shown so many ways to be able to handle that pressure. Slip one two, hunt you down, hooks to the body, hooks to the head. I think clinch is the way to go.
Speaker 5: Kenny. I think it's push him up.
Speaker 9: Against the cage collar tie gets, maybe cut him with an elbow, need of the body, use the weight a little bit, you know, I think just pure like scrabbles in jiu jitsu. I don't think that's a good place for gaiche to be. But if he can make it, he can make it tough in a phone booth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think calfkicks from the outside, you know, softening him up from the outside. I think Topouria because he hits with so much power, you know, the way he generates that powers by having that you know, wide base, and you know there's trade offs with with the decisions that you make during a fight, and I think that makes them vulnerable to calfkicks. And of course we know how powerful Geiche's calf kicks are, and I think John For me, the concern is if Patty Pimblin is able to hit Geechee as much as he did in that last fight. And Pimblet's primarily known as a grappler primarily, and I think he surprised a lot of people with his striking. Then that's I think what is making people a bit fearful or maybe worried for someone like Justin Geichee.
Speaker 2: Going against Toporia.
Speaker 6: But again, different approach, different approach, right, I think Geechee was probably more willing to stand up with someone like Pimblet and just take more of those exchanges. Maybe he wouldn't be as as much here against Toporia, so obviously a different opponent, but it's interesting either way. Man.
Speaker 2: I think for Geichee, it's a great place to be.
Speaker 6: Because everyone's counting him out, and when everyone pounts out, justin Gaichee, that's typically where he shows up and surprises people.
Speaker 2: We got a few more minutes here with r.
Speaker 7: J Clifford, So oftentimes, as the host of this show, one of the two hosts of this show, I don't necessarily know which direction in which we should go at a moment like this. Now you just went to China and you watch Song You Dong and China, Alonzo Menifield and everybody else, so I'm inclined to maybe go in that direction. What was your biggest takeaway from China? Can the food, the Macau experience, the fighting? How is your week overall?
Speaker 9: So I've been to Macau before, you used to have been there obviously a few times, and it is a unique place because it's not technically part of China like it was a Portuguese settlement. They have their own currency, and the whole city is basically a zoo, a Portuguese old town and nine of the biggest fucking casinos you've ever seen in your life. It is wild just walking around. But then that's it, Like, that's like you can do the whole experience in a while. Unce you just love pie go and and chain smoking. So uh, it's always an experience. It's always it's always a good time. The fights were awesome that Road to UFC, those back to back Road to UFC events were great as well. Like the tournaments have started off. Good Chinese food there too, I've heard, yes, that is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good Chinese food.
Speaker 5: The best Panda express I ever had. But when the UFC changing the Road to UFC.
Speaker 9: Protocol, so now you get like, you know, more money based on how many and she as you get in the tournament. It's worked with flying colors, like, it's just been a great change to the tournament. And then obviously Song and you Dong look look great against Viggy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uh.
Speaker 7: Kenny Florian when he was in high school, he made a Boston Herald All Star Team RJ for Sultur and his parents made him go to the photo shoot, right, and the picture of Kenny showing up to get his photo taken ended up on like eBay, and so I bought it, right, and that's the photo and like, sorry to interrupt your video game playing or whatever the fuck you're doing for the photo Kenny. Like, if I'm the photographer, I'm like, look at his fucking kid from Dover, Massachusetts. Can we take the spoon out of his fucking mind? However, stilver and funny to interrupt your video games?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and that was Ken flow in high school.
Speaker 1: RJ.
Speaker 9: It looks like, uh, it looks like an AI image if you're like, hey, make make Kenny Florian a nineteen twenties gangster but from nineteen ninety one and making his mugshot.
Speaker 2: I swear they had color photos back then.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I just turned yeah, and I was born in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but uh, it's not that all Jocket. So RJ, you're pre show notes today.
Speaker 2: Sorry we transition.
Speaker 5: Is it silver shirt or Adidas shirt?
Speaker 4: I'm crying.
Speaker 2: Is it Adidas?
Speaker 6: It was a rust colored Adidas equipment sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 9: Yep, it's like the it's like the tactical turtleneck but loose.
Speaker 5: That was all the rage back then.
Speaker 2: I was trying to at the PACKI at the corner.
Speaker 1: Is there puka shell necklace under that tactical collar.
Speaker 5: His mom's at the.
Speaker 7: Back, like Kenny smiles like mom, No, mom, not fucking smile. Rated RJ here on the Antaki Floring podcast weekly. So RJ, you'r pre show notes also say, one hundred and thirty five pounds is so good right now. And it looks as though Umar and magometav and David Martinez or book for Abu Dabi right.
Speaker 5: I mean, bro, that's a jump.
Speaker 9: I mean, I love me some David Martinez, but that is a talk about a giant step up. And props to Demaga Madoff for taking for taking a fight like that. But yeah, but with with Yawn this new title reign, I imagine.
Speaker 5: They're gonna give him a rob an immediate rematch.
Speaker 9: Guys with that many title defenses always do like it would be very I think it's like six in a row, a champion with three or more title.
Speaker 5: Defenses got an immediate rematch.
Speaker 9: So it seems like that makes sense, and I think he absolutely deserves it, and I think Maybemaka Madoff knows that. So he's like, all right, I'll I'll take a key busy fight like he's been willing to do that. And then now Song You Dong has now entered the chat against Big you know, after beating Figgy and yeah, I don't know, I don't know Kenny Figgy did. He threw nine significant strikes. He landed nine significant strikes in uh in about nine many and it's in forty five seconds.
Speaker 5: Man, It's just that that output just gotta go up, gotta go up. Kenny, absolutely, and he has some serious power.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's weird. In certain fights he looks inspired, he looks passionate, he seems ready to go and just on point everywhere. And you gotta wonder, you know, was there an injury going on with a bad way, What's what's happening? Because to me, he I don't know, just didn't see the.
Speaker 2: Same, didn't see the same.
Speaker 7: Put Yeah, all right, Well, before we let our j Clifford get back to his day, whether that's a nap or getting some of that sunshine out west, whatever that may be.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's let him say hello to Ray Long go real quick. I think we have the coach here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Raymond, good to see.
Speaker 4: You're killing it with these guys.
Speaker 9: Oh stop it killing it?
Speaker 7: Ray Is like, so I did not buy poll or not necessarily comedy tragedy. No, well, I mean, like, you love talking about nice guys and you come on here and you're shining urge 's boots right away. But then if somebody upsets you, what if I Jay said, I don't know if Morob doesn't get the rib ed, do you come on here guns please?
Speaker 4: Now? I do that? When if I ever done.
Speaker 1: That, I'm just saying you speed, you know.
Speaker 4: R J.
Speaker 1: Well, what is the rest of your morning? Hold buddy?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 9: Well, I have really really fun laptop issues.
Speaker 5: So I got to go to the repair guy in a couple of hours, and I got a buddy, Steve Cofield's radio show.
Speaker 9: I got a spot with him coming up in the decided to do that as well, and then I got a whole week of catching up to do.
Speaker 5: There's about I have two very large dogs.
Speaker 9: And my wife doesn't pick up dog poo, and I've been gone for a week, so you can imagine what my backyard smells like. So it's basically just getting my life back together as if I was in a coma for a week.
Speaker 7: But as as Ray says, you're absolutely killing it.
Speaker 4: So uh continue, let me let me talk to you because my wife picks up all the poop. I don't pick up.
Speaker 5: Really, we got to get our wives to hang out on No.
Speaker 4: No, you know you know that might you'll fight that you'll find out who I really am. I don't want that.
Speaker 9: Rob's getting an immediate rematch right against he certainly thinks he is. Yeah, when you have that many tower defenses and you lose, you always get an the media rematch, right when you're that dominant.
Speaker 7: You guys better hope that pod Yan that showed up that last time doesn't show up again. One of the greatest individual performances history.
Speaker 4: You know, he's amazing.
Speaker 1: YAJ, have good one.
Speaker 4: R J.
Speaker 7: Clifford with us here on the Anakin Florian the podcast is now time for the Ray Longo minute with Raymond p Put him in the center.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 7: Look at you, look at this, you look you look real objectively Grant. I don't know if you've lost a few LB's or if you just ther sun splash or whatever, But Kenny am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Does he not look outstanding? He looks fantastic. Did you get makeup on before the show?
Speaker 4: I think it's the peptide.
Speaker 2: There it goes.
Speaker 4: See off. First off, John, put your scripted bullshit away. I don't even want to hear it. This ship is amazing. This is the best cold brew coffe you ever had out of a can. One gram is sugar. Love it, even though the other one, the Coco with eight grams of sugar, which you know whatever, is a little little hype. But I tell you, this ship is amazing. I don't even go to Starbucks when when you sent me this, well, we're really good stuff, really really good stuff. For that, I swear by you and I and everybody knows they want a cold brew like named after me at Starbucks because I'm in there every day with a Trent the cold brew. But I was so pleasantly surprised. This ship is excellent. Thank you for sending the cases over.
Speaker 7: Oh We're gonna keep it coming. I'm drinking the salt caramel dairy free right now. Yeah, eight grams of sugar.
Speaker 4: Well, no, the Sport Court this one has one gram of sugar.
Speaker 1: No, I know, right, I drink that black most of the time.
Speaker 7: But this has eight grams of sugar, and we've talked about the lattes that have ten grams of protein. But yes, this sea salt caramel is probably my favorite flavor. Got the vanilla bean on tap as well, But yeah, we are men of our word. We sent a bunch of cases of front Sport coffee to Longos Jim, one hundred and fifty millis of natural caffeine, natural sweeteners, one hundred percent of your daily b vitamins. But you don't need to hear any of that. You just got long Thos endorsement and we're saving you money.
Speaker 2: Raymond.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, Pete, I can't. I can't. Honestly, I'm not even joking. I can't say enough good things about and the kids at the gym, the other flavors that maybe have a little more sugar, they love them. But you know, I stay away from it, but I'm sure it tastes fantastic because with no sugar, this stuff is really good. The best cold brew, Yeah, I've had in a water. This is really good, good stuff, man, really good stuff. Congrats to thrown on that. You know, because years ago, when I remember I used to go to like the Arnold Classic and they were trying all the different core fees. They just couldn't do it. They didn't taste good. They were putting vitamins in. But I guess over the years they developed this process where you know, I would never even think of doing this, but when you sent the cases, I go, really really was surprised. When I opened up that cold Brew.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna want you doing Instagram stuff. I mean, in a face of throwing sport.
Speaker 4: Coffee, I'm a cold brew addic baby.
Speaker 1: They got the right guy. No, they do have the right guy.
Speaker 7: I mean, the whole spot is just within all of your commentary right there. Look at you fucking chugging that can right.
Speaker 2: Love it amazing?
Speaker 1: All right, So a lot of different directions in which we could go.
Speaker 7: We do have some would you rathers for you on the back end today, if that's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I was sort of saying to Kenny, as amazing as this UFC Freedom two point fifty event is going to be in terms terms of the pageantry in it being a spectacle, there are major major fights happening, and we talked a lot about Toporia and Gaichee and Seattle Gon versus Alex Paeda, really in any division, is probably as good a fight as the UFC can put on, And we're going to ask you to pick a winner in that fight, probably next week, but thirteen days out. A lot being made of the weather potentially and the conditions. What is your level of enthusiasm for everything that is shaping up on June fourteenth?
Speaker 4: My man, Oh, I'm excited for those fights. They got some really good fights on in. They got some other fights that maybe are more like a novelty. But still excited to see everybody fight. You know, I don't know how it's going to how the production is going to be. I know I'm hearing the same thing with the weather, but I don't know. They've had outside fights before. I think one of the first boxing matches I ever saw my own man was Roberto Duran against Esteban DeJesus. They were in panic or somewhere, was like ninety eight degrees out, but those motherfuckers were tough and they made it through it. And I think these guys are tough and a couple of gnats here and there, I don't I don't see it as a problem. Let's let's fucking man up and put on a show for the two hundred and fifty Years of Freedom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember Caesar's Palace too. Used to put them on back in the day, Right, they're outside. Well, it seems like the UFC and I know they they talked a little bit about this.
Speaker 2: How you know, they kind of chose or they tried to choose guys.
Speaker 6: That are kind of going to be more capable of handling an event like this fighting outside.
Speaker 2: Do you not not freaking out about it? Do you think they did a pretty good job of that?
Speaker 4: Uh? I don't know. I'm sure they did, but I don't know what like specifically anything on.
Speaker 6: That or Yeah, Well they were saying, you know, we tried to pick guys that basically we're going to be able to deal with, let's say, fighting outside. Guys that are you know, not going to be you know, comple about that, right.
Speaker 4: I did not, I and I can't. I mean, they got really good guys. I don't think it was well, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, to Portius calculated to such an extent that you know, this is something that he gave some thought before he signed on the dotted line. I said off the top of the show that I don't think George Saint Pierre in the prime of his career amidst several title defenses, would have prioritized the White House. I think maybe he would have fought at UFC three thirty one or whatever if given the opportunity, right just because of that variable as something that he wouldn't want to inject into the equation. You know, when you say novelty fight Ray, what what is the novelty fight on this card that you're.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying, like, uh, even like a Roofie against Chandler, I mean, what are the odds on that fight? When I say novelty, I mean the odds are going to be so far in one direction, That's all I'm saying. I understand. Maybe I used the wrong word.
Speaker 2: No, I understand, you know, like you yeah, with.
Speaker 4: Gigi and Tapuria, like I don't know who's gonna win, but you know, you know, Gaichi can always get anybody out of there at any point in time. So it's intriguing, you know what I mean. And he's you know, we had a good couple of last fights, and you know that should be good. And same thing with Pereira against God. I mean it's you know, they're trying to say, like, God, I mean, Pereira is not looking good, but when he was fighting that guy that was like six seven or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: The point is that he goes in there and he'll take a punch to give a punch, and he looks like he's still able to do that, and I think that's where it's scary. How do you get him out of there? His sparring looks looks good to me.
Speaker 6: So and I think the sneak sneakiest best fight on that card is Diego Lopez against Steve Garcia.
Speaker 2: I think that's absolute bangs.
Speaker 4: That's a really uh that's a great fight. I agree with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think that one's ending inside of of fifteen minutes. Kenny, do you know right now, settle Gan Alexpededa, who you're gonna pick next week? We're actually doing the show Sunday, June seventh, so we'll be back with you in six days. Do you know right now who you're picking on that fight?
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about this fight a lot, and so yes.
Speaker 7: Okay, you So that fight is essentially a pick him right now. Ray the Michael Chandler Mauricio Hoofy fight and the Iliotsoportia just Gatechee fight have very similar odds, right, So how give Geichie a better chance to beat to Portia, then you give Chandler to beat Hoofy.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, Kenny, And the reason being is that and I love Chandler, but if Chandler would fight to which Chandler Ken fight, it would be a different thing. But you know he's going to go in there to entertain and against this guy. I just I think it's a recipe for disaster. But if he if he fought a really smart fight, you know, you already saw. You know, Rufie's got a couple of week spots. But you know, can Ken Chandler exploited. I think at one point he probably could have. But he's a fucking Manhattan You can't. You can't harness him. Man, He's just he loves entertaining. He enjoys it. And you know, I you know, I'm sure he's done really well for him so financially, which is beautiful, but uh, I'd like him to see just see a little more technical aspect of his game with the wrestling and everything.
Speaker 7: Kenny, someone gives you one thousand dollars, you're betting on either Michael Chandler against Mauricio Hoofi or Justin Gage against the Ilo Topodia.
Speaker 2: Which way you going I would go Chandler, Uh yeah, hoofy Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: I figured it as much very interesting, So stielle Gan, Alexpenade obviously, Diego Lopez against Steve Garcia, Shan O'Malley against amons A Hobby, And I'm so curious what can Flow's former training partner, amons A Hobby is going to have for Shan O'Malley, because you know, fifteen minutes can get get away from you pretty quickly, you know, these fights sometimes between Yeah, I'll leave it at that. I want to get your as his thoughts on sort of that fight, and Amin has to be just I think, very critical and very urgent Kenny to get this done.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 6: I do think that Zahabi has matured so much over the years and has proven his toughness, and I think for a lot of fighters it's kind of like you want to prove it to yourself or know what that's like during a fight, and we have seen Zahabby come back from being punished in fights to come back and get wins, and so I think he's fighting O'Malley at the right time in his career. But O'Malley, of course, is extremely dangerous, and I think for Zahaby to go out there and get the win, I think he's got the skills to do it. I think he's a guy that can get grimy, that can make the fight a little bit more chaotic, and instead of making it a well paced, technical fight like O'Malley likes to have, you know, with plenty of room to breathe and to set things up, Zahabi needs to take that space away, get right in his face and make it an absolute miserable time for O'Malley. If he's able to do that, I think he can, he can get the win. I think also Zahabi is very underrated when it comes to his grappling game. He's very good on the ground, and you know, if he can keep O'Malley on his back, I think that's another path to victory as well. So I don't think it's so clear for O'Malley necessarily, but yes, O'Malley is one of the best strikers at distance in the UFC period.
Speaker 1: I think your guy Farross needs to get this done. Kenny. I mean Fos needs to this is uh.
Speaker 7: I just think that this is a real pressurized situation, right, It all comes down to this. I mean, it's got to feel like he's got his younger brother in a title fight with everything that these two men have put into this sport.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: And I'm saying this because you know my relationship with Faross, but it's like, for Ross, let's go, man, like you anything intangibly that a coach can do on this night. In respect to Tim Welch, I think is outstanding on the other side, but like Frosc gotta fucking do everything. You got to get it done. For us, man, you got to get this one man, John.
Speaker 6: And you know, and I've been there, maybe not from the very beginning, but I've been there early on before Amon was in the UFC H and for Us has really molded his younger brother into the fighter that he is and has been preparing him for this very moment. And you know, for Us is one of the smartest guys out there, has a ton of experience.
Speaker 2: To rely on.
Speaker 6: And you know, if there's someone who knows a strategy and a path to victory, it's for us a hobby and you know, I know they're going to do their due diligence and do their best to go out there and get the win by any means necessary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I totally agree with Kenny. And I'll tell you this is you know, Kenny said it like he was there at the beginning. That's I It had to be fifteen years ago. We were at a UFC and they were talking about this kid, Kenny. Right, I'm saying fifteen at this point. Maybe two, thy eleven, twelve, thirteen, I don't know whatever whatever that comes out there, but I heard about this kid years ago and then he kind of I think he disappeared for whatever reason, helping out other people or whatever it was. Now he's come back. So it's happy to see. Was always a very nice kid for us, is a good guy. I think they could gain plan a win on this. I'm not saying I don't know, man, I'm agreeing with you, John. I mean, yeah, they got the tools to get it done. There's not I don't know who did the O'Malley fight, Like for what song You're done list right? I mean that fight came down to the third round, man, and O'Malley pats off to him, and he did pull it together and win that fight. But that this is not a what's the odds on that fight? They should be pretty.
Speaker 1: Close, O'Malley and is a hobby.
Speaker 7: I believe Amon is probably around plus two fifty or plus two eighty.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong. We'll have Cody Chase.
Speaker 4: That that's a sugar minus three ninety five. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a hobby plus three ten, even more pronounced than I thought.
Speaker 4: You know. Look, I think a couple of Amen's wins in the you know, the last maybe five or six fights maybe could have went the other way. There wasn't seeing something. Maybe that's it. I think the Aldo fight I'm thinking of right, was that it the fight?
Speaker 2: It was close, It was close. I had winning, but yeah I was close.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And again that that's.
Speaker 6: Really where I felt, you know, showed how much hard he has in that fight against Aldo, you know, because Aldo was on his way to try try, you know, close to finishing it perhaps, and Amen came right back and got the Winmen.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Kenny's dead on. He's got to make it dirty, and I think he's got to rely on the grappling for sure, I mean, I think if he could mix that up in a loft set the striking enough to where I think that well, Look, I for Roz is a is a good game planner, and he knows how to win rounds, you know what I mean. May not being there to entertain everybody, but he does, I think structure his people around winning rounds, you know what I mean. And from the little experience I've had with him, I think that's the key to his the key to victor. I think he's good at it, and I think it'll be a very technical fight, or try to be a very technical fight in that area.
Speaker 7: See Itle Gone versus Alex Padata for the interim UFC Heavyweight Championship. I said earlier it's as big a fight, I think, and as good a fight as we can put on in any division.
Speaker 1: But Alex Padata is somewhat of an.
Speaker 7: Unknown as a heavyweight in mixed martial arts. I guess I shouldn't say somewhat of an unknown, He's a complete unknown. The betting line would suggest that it's a fifty to fifty fight, and I would say ray that anyone who feels particularly convicted would have to really lay out a case, because I think you can lay out a case for probably both guys winning. From a betting perspective, you know, maybe someoneould be inclined to lean towards the guy who has a track record in the weight class, which is Seedle Gone. But I'd imagine a lot of the public is salivating overseeing a Lex Panata close to even money. So what are your thoughts on that fight, Raymond? As we sit here thirteen days out.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm leaning to look, first of if I like Pereira, you know, so I'm leaning towards him. Dude, at the fact that this guy four at eighty five, I mean he's huge. He's standing head to head with this guy who Gone is big, you know, so he definitely first of if he definitely has heavyweight power, it's not going to be like, you know, he's moving up, does he lose the power? I don't know. I just see I see Pereira winning this fight, you know, unless Gon could really dance around him and keep him off. But you know, if Gon was like a heavy wrestler, that would be maybe a problem. But it looks like it's going to be a kickboxing fight, and I'm going to favor I think Alex has way more flight time in that arena, and I think I'm leaning towards him.
Speaker 7: Ken full a lot of big fight experience on both sides. I'm not asking you to make a pick, but dude, like I'm getting nervous to call it just about it here two weeks out, So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I think that for Khalil Rowntree, you know, he was able to win a couple of rounds against Perera and sometimes Pereira, you know, starts off a little bit slow. Now, of course he seems like he was a little injured or sick heading into that fight, But when Pereira's on, he's an absolute maniac.
Speaker 2: He will stalk you. He will, you know, kind.
Speaker 6: Of bully you make the cage very small, get on the inside and put you out.
Speaker 2: Can he bully around a guy like Gon? We're gonna find out.
Speaker 6: I think the good thing for Gone is that, yeah, he does have that experience John, But more than anything.
Speaker 2: Else, he's got really good footwork for a heavyweight. He moves really well.
Speaker 6: He's extremely agile, and he I don't think he's going to be on the short end of the stick when it comes to speed either. He's very fast at heavyweight as well, and and Pereira extremely dangerous. But I think speed and footwork is critical to trying to beat someone like Perera and of course size right, Pereira just knows how to bully guys. I'm not sure if he's gonna be able to have that same approach at heavyweight. We're gonna find out. I think Gon's jab needs to be on point for this. And I also the thing that concerns me for Gone on the Gone side is decision making. He's made some really silly decisions sometimes during fights. I think he's got to be on point with that. Hopefully hit his experience.
Speaker 2: Since those times it's improved.
Speaker 6: And then for me Pereira's defense it could be a concern here as well, because sometimes he feels like he can just bully people, take shots and land his shot to knock you out.
Speaker 2: So fascinating fight.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I've been thinking about this one a lot. I keep kind of been going back and forth on it. But yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean he judge Ray. I mean he does carry his hands a little, but I just think he's so used to that. I don't know, man, it's You're right. The footwork. Can he keep that up for five rounds? This guy's pretty good at cutting off the ring. You know, he's suffocats you. He's got a great style for that. I don't know, man, I'm psyched for that. That's a really you know. I just like again, I'm leaning towards the guy that I kind of like. I love the way he came into the UFC and all. He's accomplished, and he fights often, he goes for and he's a company guy and hats off to him. So I think I'm kind of pulling for him for that reason. Plus, I tell you, I think Kenny's right. I think Gon's definitely going to have a speed advantage, But power wise, I don't know. Man, this guy has bricks in his hands. Man, he's moving it. I don't know. I think he gets it done.
Speaker 7: Cody was just asking the private chat if I know the octagon size. Can you imagine if they had the little twenty five footer out there, I would assume it's the big guy, the thirty footer, especially because we're outside, even if space is a little short.
Speaker 4: Wait, is that the difference? Is it thirty to twenty five with those sizes.
Speaker 7: Is that it, yes, and I believe the percentage is like thirty one percent more real estate or something like that.
Speaker 4: That's difference.
Speaker 7: We can get that for you. The internet would be a useful tool for that. So Ray, right now, before we get to would you rather, I have two other mixed martial arts news items. We also could talk about the China fight card. Serge Padlov's going to be a problem for all these heavyweights.
Speaker 4: By the way, it was that's good fun to see him back. He seems like just a big, happy, go lucky. Yeah, that was good though, very I was happy to see that, and.
Speaker 1: That was cool to see KaiOS A Kora.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you saw the video, but when he got word that he was getting the bonus, he said that one hundred thousand dollars is going to his coaches, and then you saw them all light up. So it was nice to wow that gesture from chios Acora.
Speaker 4: Get and I get that guy in the gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean with Japanese fighters in the past, so man, I.
Speaker 4: Never heard that before. That's awesome.
Speaker 7: All right, So Ray, there are two other items I have. You can choose which one we talk about, or we can talk about both what why the reaction like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, just looking at this fun up?
Speaker 2: What's that from? Yeah, that's on sited?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Checked out?
Speaker 7: Maybe your wife could make a call after she finishes picking up the dog poop.
Speaker 2: Get your heads. My brain goes there.
Speaker 4: I wish I was kidding, but I'm not so.
Speaker 7: Maga Caliv Maga Alkalive is back against Khalil Rowntree Junior in a main event July twenty fifth in Abu Dhabi, which I just think is great because uncl Ive is the forgotten man in Roundtree Junior is a fellow warrior. And then the other news item, you know, Colby Covington retired, and I guess I'm curious what you guys think about his MMA legacy, and I'll set it up a little bit for you if you wanted to go in that direction. But uh, those are two things that I thought were particularly interesting.
Speaker 2: You also got.
Speaker 7: Umarn Magametta fighting on that Abu Dhabi card against doctor David Martinez.
Speaker 4: Right, that's whatever, But I go with up.
Speaker 1: First of all, where is uh, that's uh, where's what?
Speaker 4: Where? Where'd that fight come from?
Speaker 2: Which fight?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: And David Martinez? What's the problem with that fight?
Speaker 4: Who the hell is David Martinez? Only kid? I'm joking. Wait a minute, but get back to where's Roundtree?
Speaker 2: T David Martinez?
Speaker 7: That's a problem your bracket with Marob Dwallash Willie there as you puff out your chest.
Speaker 4: Nobody can beat Morob? Stop it?
Speaker 2: What Pore could beat?
Speaker 4: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: We'll jokes on a team fucking long ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Uh, what were we talking about?
Speaker 2: What we're gonna ask?
Speaker 4: Is he? What is this podcast that everybody's on?
Speaker 7: What is that You're on this podcast asking me to talk about another pol?
Speaker 4: Saying? Where are those guys talking from me?
Speaker 2: I Beach, California. I've been on the show the Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, did is Roundtree training there?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: Did he move there?
Speaker 1: He has spent some time training there, but he's still based in Las Vegas?
Speaker 4: Okay, so he is all right? That's all. I don't know. I just see stuff in them.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, well it actually dovetails with our Would you rather you see that on social media?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: You see that on Instagram? Right now?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Where'd you see that of Rowntree Junior on that Oh?
Speaker 4: No, that I saw run no, I saw that on one und I guess YouTube, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 7: All would you rather give up social media or eat the same dinner for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: I'd rather give up social media.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to give up social media. But it is a conduit through which some of us make money and interact with fans, right, But I think, certainly for us, if we weren't public figures may be I don't know, I don't know. It's a way to share your family with the world as well. I guess Facebook and that stuff.
Speaker 4: But I'd rather eat the same shit every day. I mean, I think the social media thing, I think has just ruined a lot of people at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, yeah, no, I mean I am.
Speaker 4: I too old for this world. Kenny, You're accurate, right? What is going on there?
Speaker 2: Raymond?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your knew nickname, Raymond Pete. Do you like your nickname?
Speaker 4: Pe?
Speaker 7: So Colby Covington's legacy real quick. So he was on with Ariel Helwani. He considers himself a Hall of Famer. I'm not sure he's going to get that designation. Certainly, I would think like a Halfayel Dosanos would be some sort of comp there, but halfa Ael Dosanjos won the undisputed Lightweight Championship. Right, So, when Colby Covington beat Robbie Lawler August third of twenty nineteen, that was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. The mix of offense, takedowns and strikes otherworldly At that point in time, though he was not in defense of a belt. He had been stripped of his interim UFC Welsway Championship due to injury, and then he never won the undisputed title, and on the way out, competed once in twenty twenty once in twenty twenty one, once in twenty twenty two, once in twenty twenty three, once in twenty twenty four. And I don't know, right it is in a straight meritocracy, right, Dana White is the entire voting body.
Speaker 1: Ray, And it's not always about the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: You know, Covington and his third long and his Cardio and his MMA wrestling and everything else. Absolutely fantastic for me. Maybe falls a little bit short of inclusion in the UFC Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I think absolutely great. Korea. You know, the stick was a little bit too much to handle at times, you know the fact that he threatens you at that point that I couldn't care anything about him. But yeah, he had a good career. I don't think it's all of fame worthy, though definitely successful career. I mean the inactivity, the once a year, I think it's going to hurt him, you know what I mean. But you know, you never know. That could have been due to other factors too. But you know, I don't know if he wanted to fight, he didn't want to fight, or what the thing was. But I think I was surprised he wasn't on that card because he's always you know, you have see him in the interviews. Oh wait a minute, the President's on the phone. Let me take a lot bit my President Trump. I mean, I'm surprised that didn't get him on the card.
Speaker 7: So I would imagine there was an opportunity to fight Bo Nickel on the south lawn of the White House. And I think that does Kenny dovetail with a little bit of the inactivity over the last several years. That does sort of play into his legacy, at least for me.
Speaker 2: Kenflop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, listen, thirty two wins is really impressive, no matter what in this sport, very difficult to do.
Speaker 1: I think what hurts him is three wins.
Speaker 6: Right, Oh my gosh, See, I don't know what I'm looking.
Speaker 2: At coming to that.
Speaker 1: It was seventeen and five as an m M A pro.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, all right, Well I guess we're what professional?
Speaker 2: Well what am I looking at? What the is it?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 2: What are you looking at? I mean, seventeen losses? What am I looking? I don't know?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Always looking at I mean, as I go to Kenny Florian's Wikipedia page.
Speaker 2: No I'm looking at and I got our da I'm I'm an idiot, all right.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I think it's tough because of the way, you know, he finished his career, you know, and a lot of people are going to remember you based off of that, and you know, he certainly wasn't so active, but you know, didn't didn't finish his career in the best way. And I think that that was kind of problematic or will be problematic for him. But you know, I think he showed a lot of people that toughness, uh grit can get you really far in this sport, even in the modern era, and He definitely was that, you know, I think was able to get a lot of wins against guys that maybe people thought he wasn't going to be able to beat. So I think anytime you were an underdog and getting those wins, I think it's a good thing. So yeah, And and of course, you know, most of the attention, you know, came for Kobe because of what he said, you know, outside of the cage, and he learned to kind of be brash and cocky and you know, played up his persona a lot. And I don't think a whole lot of people like that. But at the end of the day, he was definitely one of the toughest dudes that I saw compete in the Welthway division in the UFC for sure.
Speaker 4: Right Yeah.
Speaker 7: Would you rather be smacked in the face with a fish or farted upon?
Speaker 4: Smacked in the face with a fish?
Speaker 7: Mean too, I mean you can't take a fish, well can spack me across the face.
Speaker 2: But if.
Speaker 4: And when I say fish, I mean like a goldfish.
Speaker 1: O like a tune across you, I have an argument.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying I would go one way or the other, guys, but you know, the fish smell is gonna follow you around.
Speaker 2: Smell is just kind of gonna go away.
Speaker 4: I don't know that fish. Smell has followed me around my whole life. I gotta get out of here. Note all right, guys, we'll go out next week. If it's no good, I'll give you your money back. Take it easy, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, y.
Speaker 7: I got so many. Would you rathers for him next week? Grow a ponytail down to your ankles or have a huge Adam's apple? Would you rather have a face that everyone laughs at or a name that everyone laughs at?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 7: When I asked him, would you rather give up social media or eat the same dinner for the rest of your life?
Speaker 1: He he's on Instagram a lot.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked him. He's on Instagram a lot. You got him. I'm just saying, all right.
Speaker 7: We will spin it forward to UFC Fight Night Muhammad versus Bond Fame in about sixty seconds. But you may have noticed the final round of the NBA season is here, and only DraftKings has you fully covered. The Draftking Sports app is now available in all fifty states and includes all markets. You're in games and in on games at the speed of sports Sweat every possession of the series between the Knicks and the Spurs, all in one place with one app. You've also got the UFC freedom to fifty odds that have been posted as well. All systems go on the Draftking Sports app and for new DraftKings customers, you know we're coming correct. Sign up with code af pod. Spend five bucks to get two hundred in rewards within twenty one days. That's code af pod in partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is yours bet with DK sportsbook gambling problem called one hundred Gambler one one hundred my reset New York call eight seven to seven eight ope and hy text open Why Connecticut call eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, visits CCPG dot or on behalf of boothill casino win Kansas bet tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus void in Ontario. Event contract trading with DraftKings Predictions involves risk of loss. Sports book bonus bets expiring seven days, fifty dollars in predictions dollars issued weekly for three weeks expiring one year, redeemed one non withdrawable reward availability varies. Predictions offer void New York ends June twenty eight terms at dkang dot Co slash Audio.
Speaker 1: All Right, big things.
Speaker 7: Upon us this weekend as the UFC returns back to the friendly confines of the Apex. It is UFC Fight Night, Muhammad Versus Bond theme and front center with us this week, Dan Thomas back, Ken Flows excited. Kenny's a big Dan Tom fan incidentally, so it's great, DT. What is your relative level of excitement for this White House Card UFC Freedom two fifty as it were thirteen days out. I can't wait, man, I really am excited, and not just about the fights but everything I think that is going to come with fight week and everything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Man, I almost feel like interviewing you know you, John and throwing it back at you. Thank you for that compliment, kid, I never thought it, you know, watching you know, the ultimate fighter. You know, you know that you'd be a fan of mine when I was a fan of yours. So that's that's way too kind. But all serious of this, No, John, what's exciting me about this White House card is the media.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 12: I'm talking about whether we're seeing the different types of media Dana White's doing or even just like you know, we're seeing talk show hosts have like throwaway punchlines that are the UFC White House card, and I think that's a positive because they're saying it as if it's a part of the mainstream lexicon.
Speaker 8: And this is, you know, the mainstream.
Speaker 12: We're not talking about mainstream sports like when we got over to Fox and when we got over to ESPN. This is like worldwide. We're talking about global you know, political media and all the like. So, John, I gotta wonder in that sense, is this gonna be your biggest show?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, my therapist was like, are you nervous?
Speaker 7: And I said, I'm all in seven fights instead of fourteen, So just starting there, it's fourteen athletes compared to twenty eight. So I feel pretty good about that. I'm really haven't driven into formatics. I don't even know necessarily what I'm walking into, but it's very exciting. I think the sphere is probably a good comp in some respects in terms of maybe some of the bells and whistles and just how involved some of the inner workings of the format might be. But yeah, it's just a massive undertaking. And as I was saying earlier, right you know, I don't know if President Obama back in the day desired to do a basketball game on the White House lawn or if any president in the future will try to do a sporting event, but best of luck, like it's a massive undertaking. I just think that, you know, the way Dana White is wired, he just loves to do things that seem impossible. So we'll see how this is all executed. But man, I mean that whatever is above the octagon came up pretty damn quickly if you've seen the images over the last few days. So very exciting stuff coming up, all right. UFC Fight Night Muhammad versus Bond theme. I don't know how much you think Dan about octagon size when you're doing handicaps, But Cody was asking earlier if it's going to be the big octagon at.
Speaker 2: The White House. We assume that it will be.
Speaker 7: We got the small guy this weekend, and perhaps it plays into the main event between Bala Muhammad and Gabriel Bond theme. First, we have a couple of other main card selections. Big fight at lightweight DT and two big guys, the six foot one inch foress XEM minus two ninety eight versus the six foot two inch Tom Nolan, who is the plus two forty underdog smile killer, been killing a lot of smiles of late. What do you think of him? Three to one this weekend DT really.
Speaker 12: Interesting and of course you know I'm going to come correct. I bought some South Paul stats for you guys for whatever fights you need on this card, and John mentioned the fighting TOURAIND. I think it's gonna be a big part of these breakdowns here. So I also got those apex slash small cage stats right whenever they've fought in a tough cage which is a little more rare, or you've got that weird sample size which is here on some of these fighters. That Morob versus Peter Yon one fight we had here that the Virgin Hotel. Kenny knows that's where we used to have the hard rock, the old tough shows and as we know, the UFC brings in the small cage for those. So I got those stats. As far as this fight goes, ZM is two and two against UFC level lefties. Of course, Tom, you know Nolan is a big SOUTHPAUW big guy for the lightweight division. ZIM has lost to you know, South Paul's in the grappling sense of Terence McKinnie was an early loss, but he's improved his grappling, which I think is gonna be a big key because in this smaller apex, it's not a hard and fast rule, right, there is really none of those in a volatile game at MMA. But I don't know about you, Kenny, but I like the more superior I give a strong edge, I should say, to the more superior grapplers and wrestlers inside of that small cage. Nolan is one and one there, two and one if he count as Danner White Contender series. ZM is zero and one in that cage, that aforementioned loss to Terrence McKinney earlier in his career. But again, I do like the improvements of Zim. The South Paul thing, I don't think it's going to be too big of a deal. He keeps his jab, which is something that like MMA fighters think they're not allowed to do, which is crazy. But he does the thing where you know he prefers more to counter like a lot of Orthodox fighters. I think it's going to bring him into the clinch. I think there's gonna be some grappling in this fight, I think is going to be the better grappler, So give me zm Here.
Speaker 2: On the other side, can flow.
Speaker 7: Tom Nolan, Big Train out of Brisbane has won Foreign a roasamitted Charlie Campbell last September. What do you think about Nolan and his chances to bring the upset here against Foress Ziam can Flow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I think Nolan is a very talented fighter. I think his side, just his size alone is a problem at.
Speaker 2: Lightweight, just crazy.
Speaker 6: But he's going against another pretty tall, lanky guy, so not the crazy height disparity that maybe he's used to. And I gotta agree with Dan here in regards to the improvements that Zim has made.
Speaker 2: I think he is way more.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: I think he's way sharper as a grappler, and as a result, I think we see him less hesitant to throw his hands, like he's more confident in how to deal with someone who may try to take him down. And I think everything from his clinch game to his ability to kind of read you as a fighter makes him a favorite for a reason in this one.
Speaker 2: And I like siamalot here all.
Speaker 7: Right, comain event equates to a big fight of middleweight gentlemen Brendan Allen minus two thirty eight Edmund Shabazian plus one ninety five. So Alan coming off the main event TKO went over Ryan near Derider that was last October in Vancouver. Shabazian's won three in a row. This would appear to be a definite step up in competition. There certainly have been some big time challenges prior for Shabazian Fluffy Hernandez, nas Ordini, Mava, but this iteration of Shabazian rising to this fight against be a fascinating comain event. Dan Tom, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 8: Oh Man, very very excited.
Speaker 12: I just interviewed Edmund Shabazim, So maybe there's that a little bit of bias considering that interview is in my backyard. Of course, an extreme goodtur but you know, from an outsider's perspective, it's really been impressive to watch Edmond mature.
Speaker 8: You know, he had that kind of fieriness that is a prerequisite for.
Speaker 12: Fighters, but you would see that that emotion in his fights, you know, even maybe out of it, you know, cornering real emotional and now whether I see him in the gym with Eric Nixic training on the pads or you know, working the rounds where I saw him in preparation for this fight and in his fights now he's been able to maintain a focus. You know that that's really impressive and he's gonna need I think focus is the keyword because Brandon Allen, although he's much more proven, and he also has recently proved he can lock in even on short notice, stepping in and scoring that upset against RDR.
Speaker 8: You know, sometimes I love.
Speaker 12: Henry Hoot by the way, but so forgive the impression here, but sometimes you even hear Henry hoof get on him like, you know, like focus Brundon, you know, like you just hear him like listening strong, you know, did you're doing this thing in the corner. And and I think that's gonna be the key word for both fighters. They're both going to have to stay on track here. I think Alan is the much deserved favorite. But guys, I mean, I'll get more into any kind of commitment to this pick because it's I don't know how confident it is. Well we'll see on the betting segment here, But sometimes you just got to go off vibes, I know, I'm spitting out stats at you, guys and whatnot. And by the way, Allen six and two in that UFC small cage, seven and two if you count Dan, a white contender series, Edmund two and four, right, four and four if you count you know, the tough cage and his contender series not as good of a record.
Speaker 8: But it feels like a trap fight. Guys.
Speaker 12: You know we've seen Alan, He's one fights. Maybe he's not supposed to write you look at his last time out that we just praised. However, he's not beyond maybe dropping some of those fights where maybe he's supposed to win as well. And boy, I just get weird vibes from this one again. Alan is the deserved favorite here, Guys. I'm not arguing that, but I'm going to take a flyer on Shabazi in here.
Speaker 2: Any familiarity Dan that you know of.
Speaker 7: Between these two guys, i'd imagine they cross paths and training at some point in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Maybe not. I don't know that, I not that I know of.
Speaker 12: Probably more I feel like Eric kind of sees everybody coming in through that gym, yeah and whatnot. But Brandon Allen's actually had a lot of foes from Extreme Gutur right as almost was a running gimmick. He had Sean Strickland, Chris Curtis. Obviously they had two fights and were jabbing back at each other, and I believe there was even a third somewhere in there, off off the top of my head. But yeah, it was actually running jokes sometimes like hey, what does Extreme Guitur got against me? And obviously you know, Eric and Brendan were friendly about it, but even they acknowledge that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think as far as I know, personal relationship there, Yeah, camp Flow, what do you have for us?
Speaker 2: On the comen?
Speaker 6: This is another great fight. I think that Allan has the more high level, high level experience. I think that, of course, his grappling probably should be leading the way when it comes to his strategy and tactics in this one. Although Brendan Allen is not a shabby striker at all, I think he's not going to be, you know, in unfamiliar territory if he's.
Speaker 2: Not able to take down Shabazian.
Speaker 6: I do think he needs to be pretty patient here because I think Schabasian is extremely dangerous, especially early on. He's got some crazy power. He's very fast, So I think Brennan Allen has to fight a really smart fight. And you know, to your point, Dan like he needs to be focused.
Speaker 2: I think he is.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 6: I think that with his momentum that he has, and you know the fact that he isn't too far from potential title shot, he knows how important every single fight is, and he I'm sure he knows how dangerous Shabazian is. While I do see some value on Edmund Schabasi and because of his excellent striking and because of that maturity that Dan talked about, I'm gonna go with Brendan Allen here. I just think overall, I think he's the better fighter and the more experienced guy, and you know, when it's this close, I'm gonna lean on the more experienced fighter.
Speaker 7: And how many guys ranked number four in the world would fight a guy who's unranked and the betting line speaks to the danger of the fight. It's not that pronounced. Brandon Allen number four at middleweight, Edmund Shabazi in unranked going into the comain event all Right main event.
Speaker 1: At Welchway, We'll have Ken Toll lead us off here.
Speaker 7: The Formerroun disputed champion Balaa Mouhamed minus one thirty five, the betting favorite against Gabriel bon Theme, who is plus one fourteen. Ken Flobla, looking to avoid a third straight loss, lost the belt to Jack Dela Mattelana. Then he was outpointed by Ian Mashade o'gary and now he draws this imposing twenty eight year old multi versed Brazilian contender Gabriel bond Theme, and we all remember the early UFC loss for him against Nicholas Dalby. Certainly a propellant I think for bond Theme, tremendous main event. Ultimately, team Florian, we will need a winner, go ahead, you know.
Speaker 6: For Ballall, obviously this is an extremely important fight for him. You know, we've never really seen him in this spot and some fighters, you know, when you don't have that level of momentum and you've gone from being in the top of the mountain to this quick decline, it can do a number on your confidence.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Is that going to affect someone like bal Mohammad. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I think Ballaal is still going to be able to retain a lot of that confidence. And you know, recall a lot of that experience that he has, and also you look at him level of competition, it's been insane. So I think he needs to go into this one confident though, and also needs to have some kind of better answer than kind of just switching from striking mode into grappling mode. I think we need to see a better seamless transition from his striking into his takedown entries. I think we need to see a smarter approach there, and I think we also need to see him make that cage as small as possible here against bom.
Speaker 2: Feme, who I think is an extremely dangerous and creative striker.
Speaker 6: He's a high horsepower kind of guy and very explosive, and Mohammed I think does have the ability to be able to slow him down, tire him out over the course of a fight, and then potentially finish him later on when he's exhausted. So I think, you know, we need to see Mohammed weaponize that conditioning again lean on that. I think his you know, he should have his chin ready as a potential insurance because Boonviem can find it and put him down. So but I think that Ballal needs to be really, really smart in this approach. I think this Brazilian fighter is fantastic. I think you know he's he's fulfilling a lot of the potential that people saw him early on. I think he has matured a lot as well. But again, when I see a fight that's this close, I am gonna tend to lean towards the more experienced fighter, which I think is Bala Mohammed.
Speaker 2: And I think with the pressure on ballall in.
Speaker 6: This type of situation and how important this one is, I think we'll see a much better version of him.
Speaker 7: Gotta think it will bring out his best. The issue could just be Gabriel Bonfime, who is nineteen and one coming off the main event TKO win over Randy Brown that was last November. He's never fought twenty five minutes. He's only gone the full fifteen minutes twice. He is two and zero in those fights. Dan I was doing a Q and A without in Abu Dhabi with Balal years ago and he was asked when he wasn't the champion to name two welter weights to keep an eye on in the future. He mentioned Ian Mashadow Gary and Gabrielle Bonfme. So bon Theme's been on his radar for a while. Whether he admits that during fight week at media day, I don't know, but the footage is there.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on what is a very close fight at least on paper here?
Speaker 8: Well for with well, that's very interesting and makes it even more trickier. You know.
Speaker 12: I try not to take away from fighters and take with what they say in interviews is a great assault. But Bla was doing an interview with MMA Junkies Pharah Noun shout out to her in that interview, and he was saying he actually had some issues after that weight cut. Right, You don't want to take anything away from Ian Gary in that performance. But Blal, who is a very consummate professional, a weird thing to hear having trouble with the weight cut much less like shakes and like vertigos and all these issues. And basically he said he had a hard time even he was just happy to get through the fight that it happened. You know, there was some some issues there, So I don't want to pooh pooh look too much into that. And Kenny had an aces breakdown, so I'll try not to retread too much ground, but I do like his experience. Note I'll just add to the notes some numbers to that breakdown below four to one and one in that UFC level, in that UFC apex, a smaller apex and bomb theme two and zero in that small apex three and oh, if you count contender series something else. I'll notice that applies to not just this fight, but a lot of the fights. Speaking of the numbers, guys, so even though he opened as an underdog, technically he is now favored. And this doesn't make sense in both that in both fashions where the totals, Guys, this is a favor to go over three point five rounds. But if I told you he was going it was going over three point five rounds, who would you favor? I'm guessing belall right, right, he's the more proven product in those rounds. So it's weird that the underdog, or at least the initial underdog opener in blal is you know, the underdog in a fight that's favored to go the distance. And if you look at that dynamic, that actually tracks through a lot of this card, which makes it tricky as a better because you're like, what are you telling me here?
Speaker 8: Las Vegas? And so a little confusing when you.
Speaker 12: Look at that aspect. From the technical aspect, though, I got to go with Kenny to keep it simple here. I think a lot of it's going to be experienced and rest linging that octagon. Now, Ball is gonna have to navigate through leg kicks, guillotines once he closes the distance. And something that I've noticed here is left sided strikes seemed to be you know, he got hit with a lot of right hands against Ian Gary the last fight, but overall it's been left side of strikes from either side that have been the common culprit for Ballah. And we know that bomb theme has a nice left hook from the former Serrato MMA teammate Vicente Luke there so bomb theme feels live, guys. But as a pick here, I'm gonna go with Blah and I'll keep it to that because I wanted to if we have time to squeeze in one more freedom two fifty question at John, Yeah, please at the end right now. I gotta I just gotta know real quick, John. But what I got to know is last time I was on, we asked for a fight. I said, you know, I said to Pooria. We got to Poria but my sick head. Here's where my sickhead goes, right, Like, I don't know if you've gotten your ad reads yet, John, but I gotta know if like, are we getting like you know, are we getting RFK Junior ad Reads? Are we gonna resurrect the P three protein pack? Is it gonna be like I've got a powerful FATA pitch and Goose liver and Raco you know, like get that real? You know what what are we going to get? Like?
Speaker 8: Please? Like that's what I you know, I want to see.
Speaker 12: I want to see him go all out of if you forget the Freedom two fifty T shirts, Let's take it to the next level, right, let's resurrect that P three protein pack.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 7: I like where your mind is at, I like where your oppression game is at. I haven't seen anything yet. I mean, we have our first meeting coming at five pm Eastern today, so I'm excited. But yeah, I think I don't know what I'm walking into. So maybe there will be some bells and whistles even beyond my wildest imagination. All Right, you guys each have one thousand dollars for place your bets on this fight card. Ken flows year to date if you're tracking it home is plus seventeen hundred and ninety dollars and forty four cents. So prelims are on the table as our propositions. You may have heard Dan Tom mentioned that total three and a half rounds the overjuice to minus one eighty eight on the Draftking Sports app. So Dan Tom, one band to work with, you have fight night Muhammad versus Bond theme.
Speaker 2: Which way you're going.
Speaker 12: One band to work with, one band to rule them. Oh, I don't know the lot of the rings fans. I'm sorry, I probably just butchered that, but I got my slate ready, I'm gonna go. Let's start off with a let's get the air quote safe thing, which is there's no safe bets at MMA, much less Parlays. Folks stay away from Parlay's. That being said, got a three legger for you don't normally do, but I like it. Give me Marcus McGee, period with Eobyronwski, pair with the fighter we talked about for a zeum those three decent favorites.
Speaker 8: So it will give you plus money.
Speaker 12: I got it for plus one fourteen, but it'll get you plus money across the board, Let's go five hundred, Let's go half the bank roll of today's slot on that John like that?
Speaker 8: Uh, and then I want to do a by Low.
Speaker 12: It's really weird getting you guys were talking about Colby Covington either, And one of my favorite things about Colby Covington is the fact that he was polarizing because people would, you know, bet against his personality and not respect his skills.
Speaker 8: So even if you weren't a.
Speaker 12: Colby Covington fan, you were getting him at a better price than what he was worth for a lot of that run because of that polarity. And Bryce Mitchell has a lot of that same effect. You open it to minus two fifty down, I got him as low as minus one thirty eight. Listen, you know, if you listen to Bryce Mitchell's interviews or gosh forbid, you go to his instagram, you probably.
Speaker 8: Won't want to bet on him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: But if you look at him in these fights, this guy is it's fine when you're poor, you're crazy, when you have these wild ideas. When you're rich, you're eccentric. Well, when you're considered when you're considered perceived stupid, You're a savant, right, and this is coming from a fellow savant. No disrespect Bryce. Okay, I've got some savantness in me too, but Bryce is a sylvant when it comes to the fighting, and that is something that has to be done. So three hundred on Bryce Mitchell. Lastly, but not leastly, was tempted to go with Edman Schabasi, but a little biased there. Don't know what the points handicap is, so you know what, Let's go down to the next dog. I like on this card, Jordan Levitt in the small cage. A lot of money came in on him, so you're not getting as good of a number, but still a juicy plus number. Give me two hundred on him for the for the bonus there to clip clip clip.
Speaker 8: Off my thousand.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 7: Jordan Levitt, recent guests of the Anakin Florim podcast and competing at featherweight. Now, all right, nicely done, Dan, tom Ken flow thousand dollars with which to work.
Speaker 1: This is real money, folks. Go ahead, Kenny, I.
Speaker 2: Got some less thoughtful bets here.
Speaker 6: A good job there, Dan, All right, So I'm gonna go a seven fitty on zm Oh wow, okay, yes, alrighty yes, and then two fifty on Brendan Allen and that will complete the thousand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not surprised that both guys are steering clear of that main event, which steam Lincol continues to draw two way action. All right, at Dan Tom, MMA, outstanding job, great backdrop, looking good man, man. We appreciate the time, and uh, don't be a stranger.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm sure we'll talk to you in a few weeks, but if not in the next week. Enjoy UFC Freedom two fifty.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, and I'll be on the ground for the.
Speaker 12: The McGregor cart so maybe i'll see you guys in person if you guys are running around.
Speaker 8: Always a pleasure, guys, my.
Speaker 7: Man, we'll see July for sure. There is Dan Tom with us once again here on the Anak and Florian podcast. All right, very good stuff out of you boys today. See how it goes for Fred of the program, Blah Muhammad this weekend, huge career spot back up against the proverbial wall. We'll see if he can avoid the third straight loss against the oncoming Gabrielle Bond theme. All right, our final act today, Yeah, repacks sixty dollars investment could turn into a sixteen hundred dollars card. Homo fytrepacks power by Collectibles dot Com, so you secure your pack inside an authentic graded UFC card. From there some options. You can keep it secured in your online vault, ship it home to your collection, or move it instantly back to collectibles dot com. If you love mixed martial arts, if you thrive on anticipation, if you appreciate championship level stakes, of which there are many here, this is your moment. Go to Homo Fye Cards dot com, or just download the collectibles app and get in on the action. Because sometimes the biggest wins don't happen inside the octagon. Kenny, I have become absolutely obsessed with cards, ripping open packs. I went to Dick Sporting Goods this week and spent five hundred fucking dollars on basketball cards, and it didn't really bear fruit. I can't stop. We're excited to open some cards today. I do actually have some cards. I don't know if I have them with me right here as I stand up, however, unprofessionally, but my jonghwe Lee fight card arrived, I don't have it with me. But my Jeonghwe Lee Fight Car card is here, my EMA Shadow Gary card is here, so some of those are going to be going out to fans. But anyway, Kenny and I are going to open two cards today, and there's also an Elite MMA card offering if you want to spend one hundred and fifty bucks, so I might actually pull a change up next week and just instead of opening two cards, just go one of the VIPs. Anyway, out of the blue corner today is going to be me. I'm going first because Kenny would always have the red corner if we fought. He's also fucking fifty years old. Let's go, no referees, no whammies, no demir Is Magoulav's with respect, ah.
Speaker 2: And here we go.
Speaker 7: Homo fyt repacks courtesy of Collectibles dot Com. And we're just looking to reel in a big one, folks, humble man. We don't ask for much, Adrian Yaniez, so that is an Orange PSA nine and that is not a good draw for me. Out of the shoot, We're gonna do a fifty percent buy back, so we're gonna get about twenty six dollars of our sixty back. You know this would be a time where you could scream the F word. We love yan Yez as a fighter, but we're trying to try a big one. So we're gonna buy in another one. Here, we're gonna buy another Homo fight repacks and we're gonna hope for a better draw. We're looking for a PSA ten. Ideally we're looking for an autograph. We'll take a Kamza Chimayev card. We'll take a wolf. Here we go, Here we go. I'm an influencer. Come on, come on, screen, just went white. That couldn't mean big things. Oh, come on, way are you then comsat Chimaya?
Speaker 1: Dude, No, no way, no way. Lucky envelopes Hom's out, Chima, I have one sixty two PSA nine.
Speaker 2: Oh man, look at that? What look at that?
Speaker 1: That's holy fucking Crail says Rail at the top. Dude, Come on, man, John's keeping PSA nine.
Speaker 2: What are you saying?
Speaker 7: No, we sell that and take the money. No, that's thirteen hundred bucks. Tom's out, Chima. I have rookie card. No, this is one for the collection twenty two. Select you have seely Lucky envelopes. Homs out Chima, I have one sixty two psa nine, I can get thirteen hundred and seventy two dollars or keep it for the vaults.
Speaker 2: Bro bro that that that's a big freaking hit.
Speaker 7: And for people suggesting that this is rigged or I called it, I have called for a Kamzaschima I have card in the past.
Speaker 6: But yeah, we got lucky all out today. I see I should have gone first, Cody, this is some bullshit.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm happy for you, John, Look how happy I am for you?
Speaker 6: Ha.
Speaker 2: Well this is very exciting.
Speaker 7: Ah dude, So we tell you folks, right and this is completely random that a sixty dollars investment could yield a sixteen hundred dollars card.
Speaker 1: And we've been at this for a little while. We just fucking reeled in a big one. Maddy Betts, where you at all? A fight repacks in the building.
Speaker 7: All right, we're gonna go to Kenny Florian's account right now and energy right as they say.
Speaker 6: I don't think I'm gonna get something like that, but maybe we got on. I can't stop.
Speaker 7: Tell the algorithm you're an explorer. Yeah, these are like pringles. Once you once you pop, you can't stop.
Speaker 2: We got, what do we got? Big reveal Lauren Murphy for.
Speaker 7: So A twenty twenty two Panini Select UFC Silver Prism PSA ten, Lauren Murphy good condition. But they're offering you ninety percent buy back fifty dollars on your sixty ken flow.
Speaker 2: What are we thinking? Yeah, I'll take the buy back on this, all right.
Speaker 7: So Kenny's gonna sell sell, sell sales, sell, gets forty seven dollars and fourteen cents. So if you are curious at home and you want to get in on this, Kenny lost thirteen dollars on that exchange, and he's gonna go right back into the building. I'm gonna be smiling all day about this, fucking homdo col.
Speaker 2: Dude, that was a big let's go, let's go, let's get here.
Speaker 1: Dun dun dunn ah dun dun d uh.
Speaker 2: Here we want there it is, let's go.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty five Tops Chrome Sapphire UFCE Weston Wilson PSA ten. They're offering you back forty dollars and change can flow on your West and Wilson. Any Western Wilson fans out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I'm just gonna say I'm gonna sell that.
Speaker 7: I'm a Western Wilson fan, but we sell and we just live in the moment that is the Kamza Chimayav today. And I'm sure if I open my cellar telephone right now, I got our Anakin Florian podcast business manager Jason Annix saying You're gonna have to give that Chimayav card away and not keep it for your collection. I'm telling you, dude, like, like, look at this right, Like I got a whole box of cards and like sleeves and like, I oh, oh, real quick, so real quick.
Speaker 2: I know we got to go.
Speaker 7: So I was going through old drawers right and I came across this is a Ronda Rousey card that I came across. This is an authentic twenty twelve tops UFC Bloodlines Jumbo Fight Matt relic card. So this relic, you know, this is specific canvas from Strikeforce thirty nine. So I think that's about a thirty nine dollars card, or excuse me, a four hundred dollars card that well anyway, anyway, anyway, good stuff today. Thanks to everybody for being here. Thanks to everybody at all. The Smoke Fight and all the Smoke productions. Thanks to our producer Coding Merrow Nathan Bronson in the back there as well, thanks to Ray Longo and r. J. Clifford and Dan Tom and a programming note for you, we are going all hands on deck UFC Freedom two fifty preview next Sunday night, July June seventh, June seventh, I won't say June seventh, but Sunday, June seventh, we are live on that Sunday night UFC Freedom to fifty Yannie the Greek will be offering up I think picks on all seven fights as will can flow. So with that we got to get on out of here. Have a great rest of your Monday and a great weekend UH for Camp Flum John and we will talk to you Sunday night in primetime. Until then, be well, be safe, be healthy.
Speaker 3: The Anak and Florian Podcast powered by All the Smoke Fights