Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you a story I've never told.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at my brother and he's trying to make eye contact with me.
Speaker 3: Fa he slapped the dog.
Speaker 4: Got no way.
Speaker 5: I just can't do it.
Speaker 6: And then Samuel Jackson goes, hey, mother, that's another Tuesday.
Speaker 7: What'd you do well?
Speaker 8: I went crazying that brother. Everybody was running and scrambling.
Speaker 5: I bet you nanda know who I am. I'm good with that. Hey, you doing something.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show, Will Smith.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you a story I've never told.
Speaker 7: I love it. I love it. I love it, so please. Martin was.
Speaker 9: Newly married, so he was like, He's like, well, you know, in Miami it was like I'm not I'm not doing nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing nothing.
Speaker 10: So this is for the first first one, the first one newly married.
Speaker 1: He was like, dude, I just don't. It's like I was like.
Speaker 5: Mock in Miami. On you got it.
Speaker 9: He was like no, no, no, I was like, dude, it's like we gotta go.
Speaker 1: It's like for the culture.
Speaker 11: They know, like we're the bad boys, like they know it's.
Speaker 1: Like life, yes, like come on, man, right. So Prince had a club called.
Speaker 9: Glam slam, Glam Slam, Lam Slam. Prince had a club in Miami, right, Yeah, you can imagine what a Prince club was like.
Speaker 1: So everywhere everything sway.
Speaker 12: You gotta have nice hair to get in with you.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 7: See what I can do.
Speaker 4: Martin.
Speaker 9: I was like, Martin, come on, Prince got this is he can Come on, Martin, come on. He was like all right, So we go and Martin is literally sitting there with his and he's sitting there and it's this is wild, Like I've never seen nothing like this club.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: So we're sitting there and there's a there's a balcony that looks over onto the dance floor.
Speaker 1: So we're up in the balcony. V I P was sitting there, Martin sitting and there's.
Speaker 9: Like like, girls like you just can't you know, you've been in Miami, right. So the girl walks up and stands in front of Martin and she's standing there and she's dancing in front of Martin, and he's like, come on, and she lifts her skirt up and she has nothing on under and she's asking Martin if she wants to have sex in the club. And I look at Martin He's like this one, don't.
Speaker 7: Right out.
Speaker 5: He was right out the door.
Speaker 2: He is like right out of there.
Speaker 7: He should have Baby would have hit me. We could have been Martin.
Speaker 9: And I have never been out of girl, never been out of.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 12: They still might be in there, baby, Baby, I'm not coming home.
Speaker 13: Yeah, today we got an iconic voice of radio.
Speaker 12: Big question. Now this could be urban legend and we don't even have to talk about it. But any truth to you got to rest one time and hit a gun in your fold and it went undetected.
Speaker 7: We don't have to talk about if you don't want to know, get looped it.
Speaker 5: But this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Can I can I tell you the story?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you this story.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: So I was bodyguarding the forest side, right, and when I was bodyguarding the forest side, we had to go to the Bay Area to do some shows like Soldier Mischief, you know, and so uh OJ is on the fucking four or five that day. Really, so we're literally way to start the day watching OJ and his boy on in the Bronco Yeah, man, in a major way. So we're watching this and we're missing planes. The guys don't want to leave their their glued to the TV. So I'm booking other flights. Okay, we can get you know, it's the Bay. There's a flight every hour. Okay, well make sure, make sure, make sure. So now we get to a point where we can't fly, were like, forget it, let's just rent a van. So one of my guys go get a Reno van. Now I already had a gun on me, right, so I figured, I'm like, man, if we're gonna drive up, I'll just take my gun with me. So we drive up. They get what they do the shows, but now they want to stay with Souls and Mischief to do some recording. So I'm like, all right, man, when I want to get back to the crib, because I was still doing other things at the house. So so I don't get back to the house. I said, man, when y'all get home, drive my gun back home. I flew back home. I left them the van. So when they get back to LA they called me up and they're like big, you know, we're backs on.
Speaker 7: And so forth.
Speaker 2: So now I have my other gun on me. Well, I'm going to go pick up the gun that I had with the forest sign. So I go got my gun, go pick up the other gun. I'm driving back. As soon as I get to Covid City, boom, they lit me up. I had two warrants from my arrest already on just some other small shit, small like traffic shit, right, And so I always told my brother, I said, hey, man, if they catch me on these warrants, I'm just gonna do the days. Don't bail me out. Just let me hold onto the cash. All right, Cool, that's understanding. So then I get pulled over. They come up. I'm in a white astro van that had just bought, not knowing that when I bought this van, I bought it from this dude from thirties, right. I don't know the van van enough. So they sit me down, they go through my van. My man comes back to me, I said, where's the gun at I'm like, I don't have a gun. Where's the gun? I said, I don't have a gun, you know. And that's when we started, you know, officer boss, So.
Speaker 5: I don't have a gun.
Speaker 7: Officer.
Speaker 2: So my man told me that in my seat that there was a slick because they had these captain chairs with this material. When you pull the material up, dude cut a slit in there, but it was empty. So now where's the gun? Because you had a stash spot. I don't have a gun on me, literally, I'm wearing a T shirt, some sweatshorts, and the corduroy house shoes. Right, So my man get me, searches me up, doesn't find a gun. Sit down all right, starts going through my van, comes back to me, where's the gun, officer, I don't have a gun. Stands you back up. I'm wearing a T shirt, sweatpants and house shoes. Searches me again.
Speaker 5: Sit down.
Speaker 2: So now I'm sitting there and I heard a dramatic Kurt Alexander warn Kurt Alexander worn out or something.
Speaker 5: I'm like, fuck.
Speaker 2: So my man come back and say, you got some wants for your arrest, he said, And I don't want to put a detective hold on your van because you want to tell me what a gun is at I'm looking at this dude when he tells me stand back up. Now he searches me again. Now I'm looking at hem. Go to my van, and I see this dude tugging at my interior because now he got to he got a hold on it, tugging at my liners all this ship. I'm looking at him throwing ship out my van and I'm sitting on the curve. Now he comes back, frustrated. Stand up, stand up. Now he's behind me and he's literally going like this to me, like like taping, like my man, toture, come to take my van. He links me up, takes me to to uh it's Culver City. I get in there and make a phone call. I call my brother Mouse like mouse, I say, hey, Man, I said you need to come and get me and got me on these warrants. Wait, what's going on? You told me don't bail you out. I'm like mouse, come get me.
Speaker 5: Now, Curt, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Like Mouse, come.
Speaker 14: Bail me out?
Speaker 2: I got you, Come bail me out. He's still trying to get me to talk on the phone. So now this is probably like two three in the morning. The county bus comes about five six in the morning to pick you up and take you to La County. So if man, he must have got there in like record time, because it's like a movie here and say like Alexander, you know, it's almost like a movie. You made bail And as I'm walking out, there's a door with a window, and I'm looking at my brother and he's trying to make eye contact with me, like and I'm like walking.
Speaker 5: I get out.
Speaker 2: I'm walking down the steps and he's still trying to talk to him and say hold on for a second. We get down the street. I go under my stomach and I pull both guns out.
Speaker 7: Yeah too, not one.
Speaker 2: And when they lit me up, I slid both the guns under my stomach. And when dude was patting me down, he never lift my stomach. If I would have went to the county jail, they strip search you. So I had to make bail before that county bus cat. Now this is what I was going to tell you early on. I get home. I'm exhausted from dealing with the foreside.
Speaker 7: While I are in the.
Speaker 2: Bay Area, flying back, you know, doing what I have to do at home, they come and bringing my gun. It's days of me being tired. I drive up, pick up the guns, come back. Now I'm exhausted. I go to sleep, probably three four in the morning, go to sleep. Next morning, out here to knock on my bedroom door and I'm like, wow, She's like, somebody's on the phone for you. I'm like, who is it.
Speaker 7: She says.
Speaker 2: He said his name is Rick Cummins from Power one on six.
Speaker 5: The next day.
Speaker 2: That morning is when I got that fucking phone call power change your life changed my life.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't that crazy? Maybe they would have called back, but that day I would have definitely missed that call because I was going to do that time.
Speaker 5: Boy got nailed out for he caught that chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I would have And let me tell you the coach that I caught it. Well, I had a situation where I get I got caught with it with a firearm, you know, and showed up when that motherfucker toipk me my man, he said, with your stomach up.
Speaker 4: Like you know.
Speaker 2: But they found my ship. They caught me slipping. I had it in my car at that time. Yeah, but yeah, I would have missed that call. I wouldn't sit here with.
Speaker 5: That's one of the best stories we heard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, welcome to the show man, Tyrene.
Speaker 14: The maloof Brothers opening their first hotel in.
Speaker 7: Vegas used to judge Yes, for.
Speaker 14: The grand opening, they put like seventy five some celebs on on on these private planes from la just to be there for the grand opening. So literally I get on the plane and I'm on this private joint, just like, oh shit, private plane. It's crazy. And then right as the door was about to close, Michael Bay come walking on and I'm sitting there like, what the fuck is going on? I know exactly who the fuck this guy is sitting there. I'm talking about, man, I'm talking about right here on the plane. So I'm sitting there, shook his hand, cool vile. He remember me from coming to the set Will and Martin, and then uh, I asked him a question. I was like, let me ask you something, man, are you aware of how many people in Hollywood say you're like arrogant? You issue that and this? And I guess the question was like the last thing he expected me to ask him. But you can tell just on some real shit. He was like, Yo, I appreciate you asking me a real ass question instead of like sitting there telling me how much you love the movies I've done. That was like, so our whole hour flight was about just chopping it up about some real shit, like what people think of you versus what you think of yourself, versus what you said and what you did, what you're responsible for, blah blah, blah. That was the gist of it, and it was love.
Speaker 5: It was all love.
Speaker 14: So then I get to the lobby and I've never hung out with dude. I was on the set. He was in go mode, you know, genius director, big action god. Everything is a thousand miles an hour in his head, you know, And so seeing him when he's out of game mode, he's a whole person, very cool, sociable. So I get to the front desk to check in, and as I'm walking through the lobby because it's the grand opening, all these women was in the lobby in Vegas, and without me noticing, by the time I got to the front desk, I must have turned around. It was like thirty of them gawking and looking and Michael Bay walked up to me. It's like hey man, wow, you know, like he really got excited about all this energy that was around me. And my brain was like my brain was like huh.
Speaker 15: Mo, nigga, you know what I mean, Like like.
Speaker 14: If this is if this is what if this is what you own?
Speaker 1: I do, this is what I do?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: This is easy? You know sh I'm like, I'm the R and B nigga turn active ugg I got.
Speaker 14: Juice is following me all day. So I'm I'm seeing the excitement that he's feeling about the energy around and I ain't fin the city and say I arranged anything because I ain't that nigga, but it was it was really like and I was like, and then literally at the front desk, was not the plan, but I felt his energy. I said, yo, man, I got some girls coming up. Man, dreams is real. Low key, man, you ain't doing nothing, pull up right right, It's like. And then he was like, yeah, you know, what's what's your room number?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 14: I got the key? I was like, you know, blah blah blah, full five whatever it was. And then I was like, man, this ain't coming. You know, he ain't no fucking way, you know, man, listen, I literally it's the funniest shit, Michael, see this clip. He gonna be like you. But I've never told.
Speaker 7: He got there before you.
Speaker 14: So I'm literally in the room right. I swear to god, it was at least thirty chicks in there. I didn't tell them they needed to do anything. I just said, look, man, if this man knocking my door when he come upstairs, y'all got one job and one job on it to just make him feel like the most incredible motherfucker you've ever met. And I said, look, man, I want y'all to know there is nobody in the history of cinema who knows how to film and capture women the way Michael Bay do on some victorious secrets. They're shooting them campaign for thirty years, blah blah blah. So they all up in there like the and I'm like, yo, he actually specialized and putting random women on. He don't necessarily need to be with a supermodel. He don't go for the established. He'll go and find some brand new bad chick and make him look nigga. They was up in that motherfucker Like damn. They're just like, well, thank you for the opportunity. I'm like, I like, he gonna be happy.
Speaker 5: They ain't got with me.
Speaker 14: He gonna be wa happy to see y'all way to get up here. So hey, man, y'all ain't gotta do ship. Literally, this ain't no prostitution, Like I ain't. I don't play them games and I do ship, which nothing did go down.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 14: Drinks girls put some music on. Vibe had a nice little sweet it wasn't nothing crazy and like an hour go by, I'm walking. I'm pacing in my room. Man, but bo but bok, and I swear man, I almost want to get up and re enact this ship with the cameras on me. But like, if the peep hole was hit, nigga, I was like. I was like, like it was like a move ship.
Speaker 5: Yo. If this is on the solidless door.
Speaker 14: When I look through this people, it's over.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 14: So I went look to the peep hole.
Speaker 7: Fuck y'oll.
Speaker 5: No good, right y'all bro open.
Speaker 7: The th.
Speaker 14: Came in. You know, he always got his little shirt just about right here. You know, you know he's missing Miami twenty. Hey, hey man, you know he wants him to dream of it. They went. They went full on flirting, like, don't worry about me, just make sure he feels amazing when he gets here. Man, they hit that thing so far out the park. Next thing, you know, got each other's number. He invited me to a Christmas party that's up the street by the way here in Santa Monica and hung.
Speaker 5: Out with him.
Speaker 14: He said, hey man, I got this movie I'm about to do him thinking about doing it, you know, Steven Spielberg hit me up and he's missing the Spielberg like this normal.
Speaker 5: I'm like, good, Spielberg.
Speaker 14: You know, he wanted to direct it, and he was like, maybe you should do it. He's like, what do you think man? I said Transformers? Man, you that's that's childhood for me. And he's like, yeah, yeah, you think I should do it? Like fuck, yeah, man, it'll be crazy. He's talking to me like as if me saying he should do it is gonna actually make him do it. I'm like, well, shit, you're gonna ask me. Yeah, so then.
Speaker 5: You know what else should do?
Speaker 7: You should put me in it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Then he said this was funny. He said, uh, He's like, yeah, would you do a movie like that? Like yeah, I'm trying. I'm like, I'm so fucking fired up and I'm trying to play it cool like yeh man, like that. It's crazy. I grew up on that, man, be crazy. You would kill that ship if you did it. And then he said yeah, yeah, yeah, are you funny? I said yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm funny. I don't I mean, I can't really tell you I'm funny, but I you know, yeah, I've been known to Nigga's attention to tell a good joke of too you so, and so he invited me back to his office. I walked in his office. The whole room was full of images. This is all computer generator. It's all of these images of the cars and the Bumblebee before and after that, you know, the Optimist trying truck and all of these images. And he's like, come in, man, and I'm looking. I'm like, what the you know, I'm looking at my childhood. So he wanted to cast me in the first Transformers to play Bernie Mack, the car salesman who's so shy. Al Above's character the first Bumblebee if anybody seen it, that was supposed to be me Bernie Mack. And after hanging out with him several times, he literally swept. He literally created the role Nest and had me with Josh Dumil the soldiers, and we end up doing three Transformers. I would have been grateful for the Bernie mac Rolle, but for him to like, yo, I really like you. You're a good guy. He was like, he literally out the sky. We had nothing to do to the storyline. He created the Transformers soldiers that work and rock with shil La Buff's character and all of that shit happened from an airplane ride and all these women at the fucking hotel what's the name of Odel the Palm?
Speaker 5: They did the job.
Speaker 14: They put me on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: If y'all see this interview, thank you, Vernon Maxwell.
Speaker 12: Is there any truth to ha Keeen slapping the ship out of you at halftime?
Speaker 7: One time?
Speaker 4: Ship?
Speaker 7: There's a lot of truth to.
Speaker 8: It, motherfucker, a lot of truth. And that ship, that motherfucker like he's spaper's hands on the ground and sh.
Speaker 7: Motherfucker.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, hit me so goddamn heart, wisdom, seattle, every damn things having shadow, not damn fuck but wisdom shadow was I was mind. I was having a bad first half and Ship we was playing Gary in them and Sean Kemp and all the motherfuckers.
Speaker 16: They had a squad over that motherfucker.
Speaker 17: Uh double deuces, Ricky Pierce, they had all they had a squad or whatever. Dana Barrows they have a squad. He just had a bunch of motherfuckers can fight, So Derrick m kid. Then now I'm having a bad first half. I'm not damn you know how long that fucking walk is se lock them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 8: Motherfucker walking fucking this ship around the black I unders damn building to come back in here.
Speaker 1: I mean they're walking so long.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I'm mad.
Speaker 17: When I'm getting mad, I should spit.
Speaker 18: I'm walking.
Speaker 17: I'm spitting, and the niggas sam sitting up and robbing beside me.
Speaker 8: Man, it's gonna be alright, mask Come on, man, You're gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Man. Fuck that ship.
Speaker 1: Man, These niggas ain't giving me the borrow.
Speaker 3: This niggas won't.
Speaker 14: Pass the ball man.
Speaker 18: Fuck this ship.
Speaker 17: So dream behind me and dream like Maxie, what the fuck is you doing? That Ship's not professional? Don't do that ship. Stop that ship, I say, dream Man, fuck that ship, and.
Speaker 5: I'm tired of you too.
Speaker 11: Why would I say that ship there?
Speaker 8: I shouldn't have said that, because he came in and put this goddamn hands up, bigger hands on me in the locker room. Oh man, he.
Speaker 1: Slapped the ship out.
Speaker 7: Coming from the baketball man way from the back.
Speaker 1: They slapped ship out of me so hard.
Speaker 8: I mean I thought I'm on the punch me. He slapped out of med ship.
Speaker 4: The man slapped ship out of me.
Speaker 7: Man, then the killed me.
Speaker 12: But but but but hey, but knowing you, you had to do what you do well, you.
Speaker 5: Try to get you trying to get yourtuff together.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you as.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 8: I got you know, I went crazy and that motherfucker. Everybody was running and scrambling that. There's a lot of motherfucker scrambling, and that motherfucker when I got there doing, I was doing and I wasn't crazy something.
Speaker 5: It's only one thing the nigga like that's left you got. I'm gonna get that too.
Speaker 7: While you got to know my boy was on the road.
Speaker 8: We waved mother fucking way all the way across the country. We all got there. We way over there in Seattle.
Speaker 7: Goddamn Houston.
Speaker 18: I know what ship.
Speaker 7: Ship. Oh my face hurts, my mouth hurt.
Speaker 12: My brother from now the mother undrafted all Star, Welcome to the show. My guy Brad Miller with the tree used to leave dead animals and Mike ViBe's locker.
Speaker 4: I only did that once.
Speaker 7: I only did that.
Speaker 4: Was that the ship they got up there.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 4: It was a duck. We went duck hunting with Greg oaster.
Speaker 7: Tag He used to take his front tooth out all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, was crazy.
Speaker 7: He was a crazy dude. Man, I was there there.
Speaker 4: He's a wild crazy. Yeah, he's a wild card.
Speaker 7: Lags the nut these the.
Speaker 4: Most flexible seven. I mean, he can stretch up. It was crazy, but yeah, so I chased.
Speaker 19: Little Mike around the whole double court with a duck.
Speaker 7: I remember Brad was one of those I was.
Speaker 19: They wanted might want to know what he did after that, his rebuttal brother. I think it was MIA's well whatever, his daughter I think took their diaper of that ship up in the handle me at the time, in your car handle. He put it shipt his daughter and he's the biggest germ freak, so grabbed.
Speaker 4: And brought it as a rebuttal.
Speaker 12: I don't let his food touch so imagine what he had to carry his daughter's diaper and put did you put your hand.
Speaker 19: In the ship, because I will say the guys from my guys, so we got the hose out before.
Speaker 7: That's fucking lasting.
Speaker 19: That's what I said. I go, that's nassary and dunk like the hell. That's another lot, that's another level. But you just crossed the line, like baby ship by baby ship. He was putting mea mea shipped on, Bradd, mother fucking MIAs ship.
Speaker 7: Hey, Mike, Mike, he said he didn't touch the ship, did he?
Speaker 4: I didn't touch the ship?
Speaker 7: Someone someone snitched.
Speaker 5: His white friends told him?
Speaker 4: What did?
Speaker 2: What did he do to you?
Speaker 7: How did it start?
Speaker 2: Because I came in the fricks.
Speaker 20: Hung up?
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm in.
Speaker 8: I'm in the gym all time, Bron, I don't know the difference.
Speaker 5: I just didn't come to what I had to.
Speaker 4: Brad, I went to work.
Speaker 21: Okay, so I come to.
Speaker 7: But look, I mean, he didn't clean the duck up or nothing.
Speaker 6: He said, that motherfucker just killed the duck fruit in his truck and just hung that ship up on my locker.
Speaker 5: That's got goods? Did I mean?
Speaker 7: I said, Brad?
Speaker 22: Come on, Bro?
Speaker 23: I said, come on, Bro, I said, you know what, I wouldn't got a diving from home and put that ship under all his foreheads.
Speaker 2: Hey, that wasn't I mean, Mike wasn't me and ship.
Speaker 19: He's gonna watch his bad Damn. I'm growing high school. Well, my girl now talking about my baby ship.
Speaker 7: Oh, he said he still has He's still gonna get you back my.
Speaker 24: Daughter because I have a dough man ESAs so gone.
Speaker 5: Bro, I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: Your back all right.
Speaker 7: Bro. Hey we in the middle of the show. What's out to you later?
Speaker 19: Se Yeah, I thought it was me and ship. Poor high school girls gonna have to hear about that now, Like, damn.
Speaker 7: That's funny, as I made my face hurt.
Speaker 12: Welcome Jamie Fox twenty twelve. Uh django, how did that come about?
Speaker 19: Yo?
Speaker 6: Twenty twelve. I had changed management and h M literally like I heard about jangle man. I heard about jingle from a Tyler Perry mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Tyler Perry was.
Speaker 25: Like, have you heard have you heard about this jangle this jingle movie? So no man, he says yes with with Quentin Tarantino. I said, oh, that ship sounded crazy, so he was.
Speaker 6: He was talking about it and then Will Smith and I was like, man, oh, will you.
Speaker 5: Gotta do that ship? I said, motherfucker.
Speaker 6: He was like, well, he didn't know if he wanted to play a slave.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, yeah, You're not a slave.
Speaker 6: You a hero though, but you know, so he passed and then uh, I seen the motherfucker uh interest album.
Speaker 5: I was at the show.
Speaker 26: I was doing a show. He came back and said, yeah, you heard this show. Smoothe Smoovie Jankin in Tarantino movie, Quinton Tarantino something Jane Games.
Speaker 6: I was like, you know, yo, yo, good looking black motherfucking ass.
Speaker 5: Better do that ship man. You know just what was to this movie? You know? Schools? You know what do you think? I said, Man, you look at motherfucking ass. You gotta do that ship man.
Speaker 6: But for whatever reason, they all passed, and then I got a chance to come in and meet pointing Tarantino.
Speaker 7: And the thing was is that.
Speaker 6: You know, he never saw Ray, you know, so the way the way he saw Ray was that he was looking for wardrobe lady and the wardrobe lady did race.
Speaker 5: So he watched it. Had me come in, and I was already off script.
Speaker 6: I was already off book again being prepared man, being that sophomore in football, being ready and uh. And I told him I know about the word nigga and all that. I understand what that was back then, and it's necessary to tell the story so that don't bother. I understand that. And then I told him, I said, but here's the thing, No, dog, I got my own horse. And he said, shot.
Speaker 5: Your own fucking horse. I said, I got my own horse. What the fuck?
Speaker 6: I said, yeah, it's outside, bro, And I said, not only that, but your stunt horse looked just like my horse. We just got to paint the feet, just paint the paint the shoes white and were good. And so he was like, I've never in my entire fucking life heard of somebody bringing the horse.
Speaker 5: I said, I got my horse. Ride.
Speaker 6: I said, Bro, let's go what we're doing in Boom. I got on the movie bro, yah know. And then we got into the movie. Man, you know, it was it was volatile, but it was a movie that for black and white folks, you finally get a chance to see an African American league.
Speaker 5: Not only.
Speaker 6: I'm not getting ready to cut somebody else out, who the fuck thought that's mean? But it was the first time you saw a black character really be a hero. And that was all Quentin Tarantino. He really wanted that to happen. And when Jango came out, man, you know, it was gang busses and it was like, you know it it uh you know.
Speaker 5: It moved the culture in a different way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And people didn't understand the history of Django. There have been jangles made years back. Django was a character from Italy from the Spaghetti Westerns.
Speaker 5: That's how you got Clint Eastwood. Damn.
Speaker 6: So when I did that that version, Bro, when I go to Italy or any of these places, I can't even walk the street because that was you know, that was like a superhero.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So so it all worked out.
Speaker 7: That's beautiful. What was it like working with Leo?
Speaker 12: To me, one of the most underrated actors of our generation, What was it like being able to team up with him on that?
Speaker 7: First of all, that that's.
Speaker 5: The hormie man.
Speaker 6: A lot of people don't know, like Leo was like a real real dude, and you know, you don't have them.
Speaker 14: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't validate nobody just because they enter the culture. But like Leo stood in line for the big album back in the day, his best friend is you know what I'm saying that a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 6: That's why in Wolf of Wall Street when he popped like it, that's really him, that motherfucker, Like he really on the ship, the motherfucker he does this thing, oh man, all the way. And the cold part about it was, you know he knows the whole all the scenario. Here we go, Yo. One day, I'm gonna get that motherfucker to do that ship. But he's a real dude. And when he came onto the set when we first did the readthrough, he had problems with the word nigga though, because he was saying and he said, Paula, I.
Speaker 18: Can't I can't say this.
Speaker 5: I just can't do it.
Speaker 1: And then sat Meiel.
Speaker 6: Jackson goes, hey, motherfucker, it's that's another Tuesday.
Speaker 18: These nigga.
Speaker 5: Say that ship. Mother said.
Speaker 6: I was like, so he had had to really wrap hisself into that character. And at one point I said, I pulled him to the I said, Leo, listen, I ain't your friend right now.
Speaker 5: We back in the day, and if he was.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, they would they would kill you.
Speaker 5: Hanging out with me talking to me face and face.
Speaker 18: So you got to let that shit go.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: The next day, that motherfucker came into the set and I said, what's up, Leo, Leo, what's up?
Speaker 5: What's up? Just speak to me when they say action.
Speaker 6: Motherfucker went in his bag and that's one of the that's one of the coldest performances you take that performance out and he talks about the performance. I won't I won't say some of the private stuff that he talked about.
Speaker 5: I won't say who it is.
Speaker 6: But there was this black guy when he grew up, he used to hang out with and so he mimicked that character for that movie.
Speaker 5: Man so powerful, motherfucker man when he.
Speaker 6: Came on too, when him and Samuel finally came onto the set, Man, the motherfucker's walking in slow motion with their baps and shit. Man, real Hollywood stars, all star imagine an all star sam Leo. I mean, the motherfucker was going at it. So that's why that movie did.
Speaker 14: What it did.
Speaker 24: Mike, is it safe to say that Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor your common inspirations?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 27: Man, the them was the Godfathers right there. Man, I did a I had a chance to. I met Richard Pryor before he died and set with him for a whole year. He couldn't talk, but he could, you know, because yeah, but he could see in his eyes because he had multiple grosses.
Speaker 5: Always muscles was gone.
Speaker 27: But and I did movies with Eddie Murphy, so I got a chance to work with the godfathers man year me that ship is oh man, you.
Speaker 12: Were impossible talks to play Eddie Murphy. Excuse me Richard Pryor right.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I was gonna play Richard Pryor man. And then his wife I didn't. I didn't screw his wife, his ex wife, and she got mad.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna play Richard.
Speaker 5: You didn't spink this ass. I said, nope, I ain't play.
Speaker 15: For this.
Speaker 5: You're going to people's court.
Speaker 7: Nigga, people's court.
Speaker 5: Don't don't.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 24: Uh yeah, man, But but I you know what it was.
Speaker 27: I went to Richard Prior's funeral man and none of his friends got up there and talked about him. Paul Mooney, none of them people went up there to talk about him. Bro Monique went up there on the stage, she didn't know him.
Speaker 1: And George Lopez went on the stage. He didn't know him. He wasn't even in the casket. The casket was shut. We all in there crying. She didn't burnt them up somewhere. This the shit that we was going through.
Speaker 28: Dana Ross just stood up right in the middle of the prayer and just start I swear to God, I'm not caught. Hey, I can't tell you a lie. She just starts singing like she had a big ass hat with a net on her shit.
Speaker 27: And you know, and guess what, Nigga, I get on the stage, right, I'm on the stage. I'm coming down because I've been on coked for two three nights. They think I'm crying for Richard, but I'm crying because I've been.
Speaker 1: High all night. His kids is sitting there crying.
Speaker 24: Man.
Speaker 27: So when I seen his kids crying, I start crying.
Speaker 1: Because it just made I'm damn, that's their dad.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something, bro.
Speaker 27: The lady told me that night, you're not ready to play Richard.
Speaker 1: I said, fuck you.
Speaker 5: Bitch, I'm gonna kiss my motherfucking ass. I set up there.
Speaker 1: But you know what I told him, Don't you know what I told her? Now, I'm gonna take some real shit. I'm gonna tell you what I told her, Steve, And.
Speaker 27: Man, I told her, Look here, Steven, I love Richard Pride.
Speaker 1: I love him that death. But my kids don't know who he is.
Speaker 5: But the little motherfuckers know me.
Speaker 1: Mm So I'm the motherfucker.
Speaker 27: I'm the as good as Richard Pride was. He was a bad motherfucker. These kids, they know who they hell Mike f Se is.
Speaker 1: And that's my o G. I love him, But the time is moved on.
Speaker 27: If you go see a Richard Prior movie with me and it, you're gonna see Mike f play Richard Pride.
Speaker 1: Now, all the old heads that know which a Prior, they're.
Speaker 27: Gonna be coming in there like, yeah, nigga, you better come on with that mudbone.
Speaker 11: Nigga, you better do that ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 27: But my and the kids, the kids younger than me, they don't know who. They said Mikeyess is playing a comedian on there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see this ship.
Speaker 27: That's how that's that's yeah, that's where we're at.
Speaker 5: They're gonna say day they too.
Speaker 1: They gonna kill me with day Day.
Speaker 27: I think that role right there with ice Cube, that was the best role that I played because I can't get the character off of me.
Speaker 23: Everywhere the character is you and so yeah, that's that's that's Old Mic in the street.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of Mike, Old Mic and the street. That's how I played.
Speaker 27: I played all kinds of roles. I played drug dealers, I played killed. I was just I just was in a movie with h Bruce Willis called I forget the name of it, But I was a ship google the motherfucker, but I was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 27: I was a human trafficker in that then was fucked up roles that I didn't want to play. I did when I first got in the business. One of the first roles that I played. I played a movie with Ben Diesel. It was called Strays. It was Ben Diesel's first movie. Didn't nobody don't even know who the fuck he was? That ludicrous character, the ludicrous.
Speaker 1: In the faster fewios that should have been me.
Speaker 27: I was Ben Diesels free a long time ago, Acts of Violence.
Speaker 1: I was in that movie.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 27: I played a million roles. That's why I even played what They.
Speaker 1: They told me that I was gay in the but I didn't.
Speaker 27: I said, I'm gonna play the role, but I ain't gay.
Speaker 4: What movie was that.
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 27: I was in the first episode of the Sopranos.
Speaker 1: The Yes Nigga me. They said, they said, guess what. This is how they tricked me.
Speaker 5: They said, because I.
Speaker 27: Came in I read for the motherfuckers. They said, you and this dude y'all stole the car y'all stole the car. Yeah, google it. He said, y'all stole the car. I said, okay, we stole the car. He and he said. He said, and that's your boyfriend, no nigga before the rock before I started, and I got offended, and the producer pulled me to the side and said, what's the problem with you, homophobicos son? I said, nah, I ain't homophore. But listen to this. This is me moving.
Speaker 1: From Indiana to no New York, nigga.
Speaker 27: I lived in New York for fifteen years. That's where the fuck I moved to New York. I moved to New York City when I was twenty one years old, didn't know nobody, didn't know nothing, and got fucked around in an audition for the motherfucker Sopranos and got the roll.
Speaker 1: Didn't have no money or nothing. He said, yeah, he said. I said, I ain't got to touch him, do it?
Speaker 27: He said, no, y'all, just you're just gonna be when when we come into house, you're gonna holler for him.
Speaker 29: And say addie.
Speaker 1: I said, guess what.
Speaker 27: I don't know how to play a gay guy, but I know how to talk like my mother. I know how to talk just like her. That's who I grew up with, just.
Speaker 5: Me and my mama.
Speaker 1: So if I want to go into my mama, my god, I know how to do that. I said, I'm not gonna let that test who I am. You know what I'm saying. So I did the role, got my little money, and moved on, you know what I'm saying, And it.
Speaker 5: Didn't bother me.
Speaker 27: That's that's that's why I can sit right here and tell you that I played the role, and it took me a long time to grow up to learn that. You know, that's one of the devil's things that he uses, especially on black men. It's called a gay demon, and y'all get tested with it your man hood. If the motherfucker find out you part of any of that shit, you look at you like you're crazy. But the young black men they praised killers. You set there and praise the nigga to kill five people.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker, you gonna look at that man and call him a pump. You got life fucked up.
Speaker 27: It's different fastests and shades of people, period. And if you look down on something, it might be a clue you might be a part of it. You know what I'm saying, because if you, if you, if you, if you that type of person to look.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't like this Shane that kept saying, will you call me gay?
Speaker 24: I said, go look at the thing he said, zesty.
Speaker 27: I never said the word gay because I know what that is. I know how people feel about that. I don't judge people. I gotta I got I work with nothing but gay people in Hollywood. Some of the best people in the world. Beautiful people save your life, probably do more for you than the killer. Will killer let you die because he's a killer, But the gay dude, I hug you a little tighter.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show, the legendary said the entertainment.
Speaker 12: I love your versatility, though from where you started to where you're at now, When did you know in the comic space that you had kind of not only made it, but you had the ability to cross over and start doing more than just stand up man.
Speaker 15: It probably had to go back to the butt like commercials like you know. So it was interesting back in I guess this early late late ninety early two thousands was I was trying to do. But but wise it was headquartered in Saint Louis. I was trying to get some money to just do a tour like with some people. I saw somebody, a country singer with a tour bus with his face wrapped on it.
Speaker 18: That's all I wanted.
Speaker 15: So I was like, we go to bud Lights, see if they'll do this bud like to it, so I can have a tour bus with my face on it.
Speaker 18: And then they did that.
Speaker 15: They did that and then offered me the commercials, and so I did a Super Bowl commercial to one where I shake up the beers and.
Speaker 5: And it won.
Speaker 14: It won, like the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a long time ago, but it won.
Speaker 15: And then you crossed you you know, you wake up the next day and it's like you're walking through the airport and a whole nother fan base.
Speaker 18: Like your boy and shake up mirrors, ain't you?
Speaker 14: I tell you what?
Speaker 5: You get to shake them?
Speaker 1: Goddamn like what's your name?
Speaker 18: But you realize it's a whole new fan base.
Speaker 15: And so that's when that's when you kind of you know, because you know, we take great pride like I. You know, I was the host of Comic View, so I became black famous before I was, you know famous with other people like you know, in the hood because I was the host of Comic View and I was on every night. Even in Hollywood standards, I was way more famous, you know, like in the like Dallas, down here, Houston than anybody would knew me out there before before I hit So so I would go in meetings and you know, people wouldn't know who I was at all, and you know, but I came with this kind of like, you know, this kind of sense of grandeur from the assistance and the secretary of everybody, like why the he's so excited to see you. That was like early that they'd been like before, like how people are about YouTube stars now, like you know, you know, as adults were like I don't know who that person is, no, you know, but if you know, you're like, yeah, that's that was he owned some right now. So that's what it was. So I think that you know, from there, I recognized it and then it just kind of just kept staying on my hustle like that always kind of also been very outside of business. You know, me and my partner Eric Eric Grohen, we've been together like my whole career of forty years, and we don't really we got you know, we kind of operating the agency situation, but we never really like tried.
Speaker 18: To be like in the inner circles of people and just kind of like walk around. So we'm saying this, I wasn't at no Diddy parties.
Speaker 15: One party, guys, just one party.
Speaker 18: I mean my lawyer's dealing with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one time. And what I'm trying to.
Speaker 15: Say, always get around and trying to get yourself out of this sit like, yeah, I know you're gonna see the picture, but no, that was at a church convention.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was only there for twenty minutes.
Speaker 24: Was there any moment in your career where you felt like you wasn't reaching your potential, You was a failure and you almost gave up?
Speaker 18: Man, I mean you know it's you had like shake back.
Speaker 15: You know, Hollywood is a place where it is ebbs and flows to it in a in a you know, in a real way where you hot everything popping and h let me see, I did like I did like a couple of movies that I was really you know, I had ambition for and then you know, many circumstances, for different reasons, they didn't pop right.
Speaker 18: The moves to rop and then you drop you know.
Speaker 15: You lose your you lose the cachet and yeah, and it was gone, and it was like some shit where you're trying to figure out how to get it back, and you know, yeah, it just feels like Hollywood they checking for you. You just have to learn how to Luckily, you know, I always say for stand ups, that's really our saving grace, the fact that we can go on the stage, go around anywhere in the country, around the world, and still make a living, like we don't have to depend on, you know, the business.
Speaker 18: So that was really the saving grace. But when you when you.
Speaker 15: Kind of hot, you got that it factor and then you not like getting the calls, that's a really that's a hard space to you know, to kind of live in as a young person. So luckily, I even feel like my career started a little late though, Like I went to college, I had graduated, I didn't even really start doing coining soil. I was like twenty seven, twenty eight, which is kind of late for people, you know, and then I popped, you know, in my thirties and so so I was a little mature for it and had worked in corporate, so it didn't it didn't scare me, scare me.
Speaker 18: But I definitely was shook that.
Speaker 15: You know what was once like this super fun private jet life was back to that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: You know everything?
Speaker 15: That's me too, man, I'm too beef. I used to I used to be an all jet life.
Speaker 5: You know, change you all right?
Speaker 18: Good, you realize you're good.
Speaker 5: You're back to jet life. I've been on a couple of.
Speaker 12: A could have been on a couple of inventions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, jet life all right.
Speaker 15: But that that that is one of those things I always tell young young people that too. You just got to enjoy the ride more than anything, like, because it is an ab and flow to any you know, any business when you hot and you know, you definitely feel like this always your spot, and you try to like, you know, kind of respect that.
Speaker 18: But then the littlest thing can change.
Speaker 15: And so like these movies didn't hit like like I thought they was, and that was it.
Speaker 5: Like you know, you're like, damn.
Speaker 15: So you fight, you pivot, you fight. I pivot. That's when I changed the television. And it's been really a great saving grace. So you know a lot of times you don't have that with TV. You don't get if you're not on the IT show like you know whatever, you know fifty producer or whatever, these kind.
Speaker 5: Of IT shows.
Speaker 15: But you know, my show been on seven seats like it might not be everybody cup of tea, but it's CBS.
Speaker 18: Top networking World and the checks reflect them.
Speaker 5: So goddamn right, I don't really care if you don't watch.
Speaker 4: Fact.
Speaker 15: Yeah, actually ground mom about me.
Speaker 5: I bet you now to know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm good with that, you do, Missus Johnson.
Speaker 24: The one and only man, Kevin Hart It's court side store as a fan watching the game and then the acting with the player, got a lot.
Speaker 5: That's one.
Speaker 2: I say, won of backfire Hardens.
Speaker 5: Is you a known sideline stro by the.
Speaker 30: Way, none of them will, none of them winning my faith hardened In Philly, Harden gave me fifty. He didn't get He gave me fifty and and said to me, said to me directly, I'm gona I'm gonna give him fucking fifty because you won't shut up.
Speaker 14: Gave us fifty.
Speaker 30: Uh d Wade in the playoffs second half gave us twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 31: I'm responsible for that, responsible for that.
Speaker 30: No, I definitely am. The biggest one is uh we We're in the playoffs against the Celtics. It's a road game. I fly to Boston. You know, this is the year we're supposed to get it done like this, this is the year where you know, I'm I'm I'm very hype. Then we're gonna get it done. This went Kawhi and the Raptors. They the last second shot.
Speaker 5: You had Jimmy on the team.
Speaker 30: Go to Boston, my fucking Celtics blowing them out.
Speaker 2: Kill them. I'm talking ship to Celtics.
Speaker 5: Fans shut up. Everybody shut them of course, And that's right.
Speaker 2: Boston sucks. I'm going at it.
Speaker 1: They bullying me.
Speaker 5: Boo. Fuck y'all going at it.
Speaker 30: Second half game, just keep getting closer and closer.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 30: Man, come on, man, Y'll come on, man, y'all can do something.
Speaker 31: The crowd, the crowd starts saying fuck Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 31: They came back at the lead, and I'm like, that's enough. Come at some point because to the point where I was like, I don't feel safe walking out of here.
Speaker 16: I could to get up.
Speaker 31: It's like six minutes left from the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: I go to get up, walk out.
Speaker 5: Fuck camera Hart. Hol Of readom sharing fuck cam Heart. I was like, well, I'm gonna stop.
Speaker 30: I'm gonna stop going to the games for a minute, just let this cool off.
Speaker 2: I don't want this to stick to me.
Speaker 30: So you know, then I didn't go to a playoff game for a minute because I'm superstitious.
Speaker 7: I was like, I'm I'm gonna.
Speaker 30: Stick out of it for a minute, and then I ended up going back then and I just can't help.
Speaker 5: I gotta talk ship.
Speaker 30: I have to talk ship, especially because I know all the players.
Speaker 5: I gotta talk shit. I kill him too, kill him, Carmelo. I've definitely hit Carmelo.
Speaker 30: I told Carmelo he had prosthetic legs.
Speaker 16: Uh uh?
Speaker 5: Who who else?
Speaker 30: If I hit hard ind Drake, Yeah, that's all Star game is fun. Yeah, I'm not delicious at all day. It's a good time. It's a real good time at all regular season. If I'm there, Yeah, I'm I'm I'm coming at you. I'm saying I'm saying everything I can.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm out there on the court.
Speaker 30: Count Yeah, these counts I'm hitting you with. Really, you're gonna laugh because you don't see him coming. I told a d his eyebrows was a headband.
Speaker 5: Hardened.
Speaker 30: I said hard, I said, Harden is on hormone pills. Look at his chest, you know, a little bigger, he's a little bigger. Checking Now, I just I just throw out the ship.
Speaker 1: Draymond, dray Mind.
Speaker 30: I'll go back and forth with Draymond, can talk some ship back then Draymond's Dremond's fun.
Speaker 24: The One and Only Joey Crack shot is different.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you a story, right, because this like a sports show or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm in Miami. I go to the studio.
Speaker 32: I work in my studio, right, I'm walking there one night, I'm supposed to be in the studio and it's pitch black, dark, no lights on whatever. I walk in there there's a shadow of a human being this big.
Speaker 1: In the dark, and I said, holy sh.
Speaker 7: They came to kill me.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's it. This is it. This is like, this is what people.
Speaker 32: Must feel like when they're about to die, Like, you know.
Speaker 5: He's gonna kill me. Hello, Yeah, I seen it, like shot.
Speaker 32: I turned on the like it shakille on there she shot him with ship said, oh no, he said, they just traded me the phoenix.
Speaker 7: Big fella.
Speaker 1: I wanted you to be the first to know.
Speaker 33: I was going to die the shadow of shock.
Speaker 5: That's a big motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Man wanted you to be the person.
Speaker 33: What I knew it.
Speaker 14: I'm Dad.
Speaker 5: I knew it. I'm Dad.
Speaker 14: They sent the biggest guy in the world.
Speaker 5: Bot's gonna kill me.
Speaker 32: I turned on the light of shock. The old big fella. Just wanted you to know. Man, they traded me the Phoenix.
Speaker 5: Where were you in Miami, Miami?
Speaker 7: But he was in Miami.
Speaker 32: I tell you another thing I used to tell you in Shack, don't kill me. But you know me and he I used to be together every day in his prime, every day. And when he played them in the championship, I kept trying.
Speaker 1: To gas, Hey, I kept saying.
Speaker 14: Yo, don't go Shack.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be legendary, right when you think you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm legendary.
Speaker 1: No real talk.
Speaker 33: Wasn't good advice said, but listen, listen, all right.
Speaker 32: So I'm just telling him, I said, Yo, don't don't right because AI at that time he had.
Speaker 1: The hops too. I was like, one day he looked at me, he said.
Speaker 33: He's gonna throw me in the stash.
Speaker 5: He's gonna beat me up.
Speaker 32: Stop telling me that I said your shack must have abused people.
Speaker 12: No, I was gonna say, don't confuse joking laughing playing run around naked shack with game time shacks.
Speaker 7: Shack a whole different body, yo.
Speaker 33: He I told me he's gone to bodies, if.
Speaker 12: Some of them, if someone is if a guard is cooking, he said, let him come on in here and shackle.
Speaker 5: Lay them out.
Speaker 7: And now your shock is different.
Speaker 5: This is my story of sh I.
Speaker 24: So it's all the time we're finna playing He's and things, and we're finna play them.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 24: That's like a big brother to me. I talked to him just as much as I talked to him every day. He actually taxed me two days ago and tell me how proud he was with everything I'm doing in the community. But I no, i'mally go up to the game and run up and chest bumping. Right, what's up, big bro? He catches me mid air with two hands, like.
Speaker 1: Man, put me down? Why would you do that?
Speaker 11: But he just catches me midair like I'm.
Speaker 24: Five pounds kill man, put me down, Bro, don't do that.
Speaker 7: It's kill on now, young prime.
Speaker 32: And they made a new uh if they would have made this era the Bruce Lee movie when Kareem was fighting. It had been shot about a hundred times.
Speaker 1: No, you don't want to smoke with.
Speaker 12: Shot and welcome Taylor Parsons best Kobe memory on or off the court.
Speaker 34: Yeah, so I got a I got a good Kobe story. So my my rookie year, We're playing here in Staples Center, and Michale tells us before like look, you're like. He pulls me aside, like you're gonna see crazy people. You're gonna see celebrities there like lock In and Kobe. He's gonna try and bust your ass, like he's going to be like offended.
Speaker 35: You're guarding him as I'm like cool, like love it.
Speaker 34: I'm flattering to guard him. So I go there first. So I'm just looking at the court side. My head's on a swivel. Just I've never seen this before, right, I'm like, God, damn, this is great?
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 35: And this chicks there? I'm like wow. So I'm already distracted, and.
Speaker 34: Of course I'm starting on Kobe and Jordan Hill that year had got traded from Houston to La so I had known him as a little side note and fourth quarter comes around and Kobe looks at me and he's like, are you guys staying the night tonight? And I'm like I'm like looking at McHale, make sure he's not looking at me for and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, like what up?
Speaker 34: Like I'm like, oh, he's doing it like he's mister Miyaga me right now he's doing I'm like, yeah, what's up, we're staying. He goes, I'll set you up, like I'll get your number from Jade Show and like if you want to go out tonight.
Speaker 35: I'm like stop, like you're like I know what you're doing, Like come.
Speaker 34: On, Michale's over there like Grilla me like stop talking to this motherfucker.
Speaker 35: So I go ends up. He ends up just going off. He's like forty that game.
Speaker 5: We lose.
Speaker 34: After the game, you know, like right there in La Live, we go to like cats Suya and we're with all.
Speaker 35: The ogs right, We're with like Camby down and they're all taking me out.
Speaker 34: I get a text and he goes, you're all set at supper club dash Mamba and I'm like I'm like I'm like looking around, like all right, who's fucking with me? Like no, no way and I'm like, Courtney Lee is my guy. Right, I'm like showing him like is this real? Like you guys number like and I write them back. I'm like okay, like like are like I said something like are you comment? He's like, now I can't make up, but my guy will hit you up. Got next text, Hey, you're set up. Let me know what you need at supper club whatever. So at this point I'm telling the table, I'm like, guys, I got you, Like, he's my guy.
Speaker 35: He set it up. Let's go.
Speaker 5: JB.
Speaker 34: Bickerstaff is there, like I'm bringing coaches, I'm bringing trainers. This is I got it. And we have a blast. Right, we have the craziest night ever. Supper Club was the Tit was the club where the tables were beds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 34: I was like it was nuts and two am rolls around and granted, I'm with these guys that made hundreds of millions dollars and this waitress Bee lines right to me with the check and I'm like, oh shit. And my dad's my financial advisor at the time. He would be on my ass if I like value size my combo meal Chick fil A, And he's bringing me. She's bringing me this bill for god knows how much, and I'm like, oh man, I open it and it's like twenty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 35: And now at this point, I'm like I'm sick, Like.
Speaker 34: I'm I'm physically like no, no, Like I can't do this because car's going to bounce and I'll never forget this. Chick looks at me, hands me a pen and says sign for mister Bryant.
Speaker 35: And I'm like what, I'm like a video the whole thing. I'm like, I'm like, signing Kobe brought. I saw Kobe.
Speaker 34: Bryant on a twenty two thousand dollar club bill and everyone, by the way, they say he's tough, he's gonna go at you.
Speaker 35: I'm like, this dude was cool as fuck.
Speaker 5: He was, he was awesome.
Speaker 35: It was a crazy, crazy time.
Speaker 5: See I got a picture of her. I still got his number.
Speaker 12: I'm like, I love the way the story went though, because I thought, because Kobe wasn't asked too, he would have been Kentucky with the bill and.
Speaker 5: From the weekend before, I was like, but he flipped it on you.
Speaker 7: I liked that that's our guy.
Speaker 5: I loved that that's a dope ast story.
Speaker 35: Nothing but love for him.
Speaker 24: That's probably my favorite Kobe story.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show, Rashid Wallace.
Speaker 24: Last time he was on the show, you talked about how Joe Klein punked you viral clue anybody else besides Joe Klein punk you way he was playing the league.
Speaker 23: No, because now that I can remember that that punked me like he did dog on Everything story, some people that might not have heard it. All right, all right, So so here I am. I'm I'm a rookie and Joe Klein went to the University of Arkansas. That's my guy. Ended up being my teammate later on in my career. But so here it is, I'm a rookie. He's playing for a Phoenix. So we're out in Phoenix and I'm like, all right, bet playing them. And it's a certain play that Jimmy Lineam ran where the big man gets the lib for the dunk. So the first time I went up, you know, boom, I caught it. I dunked it, and y'all what y'all don't want it tonight? So Joe Klein looked at me, he said, hey, you do that ship again. I'm gonna fuck you up, man, whatever, old ass dude, we ain't get out of here.
Speaker 5: With that ship whatever. You ain't ready for this, so boom.
Speaker 23: Like two plays later, YO S O S, which stands for the same old ship. He's like s O S S O S. I'm like, bet hey, right, I take off. It was like air missile defense. The next thing I know, I'm like this, I'm like damn, and he's standing over me like this. I told you I was gonna knock your ass out.
Speaker 5: Better. Don't try that, shiit no more.
Speaker 7: That's crazy, Oh bro.
Speaker 23: I was like, I had a whole different respect for your veterans in the league. Then with him and Terry Cummings.
Speaker 7: Terry strong as a motherfucker. Terry comes with strong as fuck.
Speaker 23: Bro Again, I'm sorry, y'all, I don't mean to go back down way for our memory lane, but it's funny as fuck. So here I am freshman, I mean not freshman rookie, excuse me. Terry Cummings is on his way out, but he's at the time, he's playing with Milwaukee, right, So like, all right, she you Gore and Terry Cummings and night I'm like, all right, cool, I know who he is. I saw him play on TV with Sydney Mind Cree and all that. I'm like, all right, cause they was big rivals with the Sixers, doctor j Andrew Tony, all of that, right, I'm like, all right, bet that's when I knew the difference between weight room strength and grown man with kids strength. Okay, let me tell y'all, it's a big difference. Don't let that weight room strength pump y'all up to think. Y'all caught dieseling this and that, y'all deal with an old man who's been through some shit, who got like four kids and about eight grandkids to rustic ass hands. Hey, let me tell you. I'm trying to back this man down. First of all, he gets the ball in the post, hot knife going through butter.
Speaker 5: Laying me up left and right. Damn, I get the ball in the post. It's like this the same way.
Speaker 23: This couch ain't going nowhere. This is me trying to dance and the man I passed the ball out. I'm frustrated.
Speaker 5: Repost what repost? Man?
Speaker 23: You crazy? I'm reposted. I'm posting out there the three point line. Terry Cummins was strong and ship and that's when I knew the difference between grown man's strength and weight room strength. Strong dude, man, I'm telling them NBA veterans man for real.
Speaker 24: Shout out to Regard Miller Man. He's the reason why we have this new segment called factor fiction. I think he started it because his sister came on the show and he had a lot to say that was fact to fiction. We're gonna start with you. You was eject fact to fiction. You was ejected from the McDonald's fact How.
Speaker 7: How the fuck you get kicked out of an All Star game?
Speaker 5: The McDonald's A how you please? I didn't even do that fact fact fact? How did that happen?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: No, so cause, man, I like, I could deal with playing hard. I could. If you busting my ass, I could deal with that.
Speaker 23: You know what I'm saying, Yo, don't come at me with all the elbows and dirty ship though you ain't got to do that. If I'm busting your ass, don't come at me with that bullshit dog make you with it. The big boy, Darnelle Robinson, the big fellow from Chicago. You know, we ended up being friends in the long run, but it was like, yeah, you know he shot the elbow. I ain't appreciate that ship man, so you know, I gave him that elbow back. And yeah, they gave me the tech Man and kicked me out of that much on Tech one or two.
Speaker 5: I didn't care. I didn't want to be there.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to be there.
Speaker 23: No, No, to be honest, I didn't want to be there. Like I'm y'all already know, I'm not an All Star Game type of I don't give a fuck about the All Star Game. And McDonald's a snatch. So they're like, oh, yeah, he top player in the country, you gotta be there. I'm like, yeah, So I was half hearted.
Speaker 24: With all the ship there, the other records you probably have that probably won't be broken.
Speaker 5: The only person could kick out McDonald's All American.
Speaker 7: Game fact with Ronald McDonald was there too.
Speaker 24: Yeah, and you just had came from the children's hospital the day before.
Speaker 5: Bullshit. I know I was there too.
Speaker 12: Yes, one of your first scrimmage games in us U n C, you dunked on senior big man Eric Montross and said your job is mine.
Speaker 7: Factor fiction.
Speaker 23: Those words. No, it wasn't those exact words.
Speaker 7: We hear the words, but.
Speaker 23: It was something like that. It probably was something like this my ship now or you know, something like that.
Speaker 5: Let him know you was here.
Speaker 7: How'd that go?
Speaker 23: My presence is felt, my presidence. But him and Coach Smith taught me a lesson. So playing against Eric Montrose, that's my guy. Rest in peace. So I'm like, all right, in practice for the first you know, month or so, he's busting my ass. You know, I'm like ship because I'm still struck, like, oh ship he was. I just watched him a couple of months ago winning championships. So here I am practicing. Ain't against this dude. So I'm like, all right, bet So first month he busted my ass. Then I'm like, man, bet I got his game here I am we in practice, he goes for his jump hook. So with his jump pook, he always liked to just put the elbow out first and then go up with the right hand hook.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 23: Take the elbow. I stepped back and I'm jumping straight up. Block that shit right. Boom, We start to break block that shit to stack stack we out. Let's go we out, Boom, they come back down. Next time he clears me the fuck out smacks me all in my face. I'm talking about hearing me like this, Jon Pull, I'm like, oh, so, I'm like, okay, it's an accident. You could take that, you know, the first time it's an accident. But when he came back down and did it again, same thing. No dog, we got to fight right there. I'm like, man, the fuck out of here. They're like, oh, you're gonna cut that shit out, coach.
Speaker 7: Oh, no, we don't do that.
Speaker 5: We don't say that here. Oh give him a vest.
Speaker 23: So anytime you had to, you know, you you were getting disciplined by any of the coaches, you had to wear a weighted vest.
Speaker 5: Yo, run them laps.
Speaker 7: Run, that's it.
Speaker 23: I had to run till a coach Smith told me to stop. So I ran for about maybe like ten minutes. But it was a learning lesson, you know, like, shit, I can't fuck I can't fuck with the All American Senior.
Speaker 7: Facts.
Speaker 24: He saved me my rookie year, my brother Keny March came motherfucking mark.
Speaker 12: What was that process like from the day you broke it and go to the day you got drafted number one?
Speaker 5: Hey, it was only like six months, right, and.
Speaker 11: When they met long shit. I got hurt March in the junie, so I didn't work out. I couldn't out. I wasn't like I had screws in my ankle, you know what I'm saying. None weight barren. I was in a boot on crutches for two months. So I didn't do nothing but go to therapy. While everybody else going to meet with teams do all that. I didn't do none of it. Then when I was able to get the boot off and all that, it was okay. So how is it like, Well, so we go to Chicago. They're like, well, the screws got to come out before we even think about picking them. Screws got to come out. The doctors got examined, and so so we did that, and all these teams trying to so we were like, everybody, ain't finna come in this damn room. Ain't no damn guinea pig. What number you got? I ain't gonna be there? We got you can't come in the room. You can't come in room. So we do that and but nah, it was hell. And mentally I didn't didn't know, didn't know how to deal with it. Man, Like it ain't never been through that I always could hoop. I couldn't couldn't, couldn't do anything but sit there and wait, wait, and hear they think about taking this person.
Speaker 7: And who was in that draft? Who was remember the talk I.
Speaker 11: Was thinking about, like they was gonna take theirs first. The NETS was gonna take him first. They weren't thinking about taking stro Strong miles second, but they were thinking about taking there as first. So there's is athletic, but he couldn't hit his ass with both hands. Boy couldn't shoot that thing. So they was thinking about taking him. And I was in Orlando when he was working out. I went to visit Lana. I was down there together.
Speaker 5: Said he couldn't.
Speaker 11: Carry So I watched his workout right, and he couldn't shoot that bit. Oh, So I was like, ye'all think about taking him. I was like, okay. So Stu had told me. So Stu Jackson, he was in Vancouver at the time. Jim and Stu told me, if the Nets do something stupid, but I don't take not taking you number one, you won't get past us at two.
Speaker 14: So you good.
Speaker 11: So I was like shit, all right. So from that point, from that conversation on, it was like a relief change. Of course I want to be number one, but him telling me that was a side relief, know what I'm saying. So coming up to the draft, all that it was still like they still was on the fence. I drafted like they was still on the fence, was what they was telling us.
Speaker 5: But yeah, non Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford.
Speaker 36: So you did no workout for no teams and sort of just sort of a workout. Let me hear they wanted to say. They said, we need to see if he can run and jump. I had been right before the draft, maybe a week before the draft.
Speaker 5: I go to Jersey.
Speaker 11: I ain't really can't really do much, but I had been doing rehab. I had been out the boot and all that. Doing rehab for a little bit wasn't right all the way, but I had been running this stuff.
Speaker 5: Literally.
Speaker 11: I ran down the floor, ran back, grabbed the basketball, dunked it, and when it took my shoes off.
Speaker 5: I see you at the draft, exactly what y'all asked. If y'all saw me run, I jumped.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 5: What else you want from me?
Speaker 7: Man, No one's ever did that, I guarantee you. In the history of no sport.
Speaker 5: So they had a decision to make.
Speaker 7: They chose you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they made it, and they chose you.
Speaker 11: It's a guy from Jersey, I medicine, and it sold me. Yeah, thank you, I said, I was just doing my job. He's in this room, the Jersey guy in there, so thank you.
Speaker 5: So they made the right.
Speaker 7: Choice, absolutely, and then the wrong choice.
Speaker 12: So, uh, rookie season, obviously you're you're coming off this injury, but you're ready to play.
Speaker 7: Now, how was that first year? Jack was along with you?
Speaker 5: That's my guy man for us? It was great hooping. It was in the league.
Speaker 11: Couldn't couldn't tell us nothing right right think? And then you know what I'm saying, man, Jack was in it together. I think we was. We was.
Speaker 5: Both averaging.
Speaker 24: I think at the at the rookie mark to go in a Rookie All Star game, we was averaging ten points.
Speaker 5: We was on the top of the list and all that ship. And uh, I.
Speaker 24: Always tell a story about how I didn't get I didn't get the rookie Hayzen because because of him, they wanted all that kicking the ball in the stadium and go get donuts.
Speaker 5: None of that ship. Kmar was not going, and I was a rookie right there. So if he ain't got to do it, I ain't gotta do it.
Speaker 24: That kind of stepped your game. Said we ain't got to do that. Y'all gonna take up that, gonna get no donuts. I said, I ain't got to do it, y'all go take that ship.
Speaker 11: I just had the mentality man like, ain't no grown ain't no grown man gonna make me do nothing but that just I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm listen.
Speaker 11: I wasn't nineteen when I came in. I wasn't eighteen when I got drafted. I was twenty two strong as an ox y. It was three percent body fat nigga. I was listen, dog, I'm not doing it. You ain't making me If I want to buy donuts, but I'm gonna do it on my own turnament. If I want to help the manager with the bags, I'm gonna help them because I'm out of kindness of my fucking heart.
Speaker 5: I gonna make me no, not at all.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna who was on this team? Who was on this team?
Speaker 5: We was ready to squab though. Y'all know I told you to fight. Come, yeah, I know.
Speaker 11: I told to fight and a fight come with it, man, like I was dead ass serious.
Speaker 7: Well, who was on the team Gil, like we had.
Speaker 11: Rially, Johnny Newman, Sherman, Douglas Lucious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was the dudes on it like real.
Speaker 11: Vets, but I respected it. I ain't doing this, man, I ain't doing nothing. He like y'all ain't gonna make him neither right now like it was so the situation. Ain't gonna say that their name like it was a situation. The dude wanted some shoes that Jack had to take my shoes when the shower he comes.
Speaker 5: Trying to like Jack, what's up with them shoes? Jack?
Speaker 11: Like, man, you can have He's like should I was gonna say, I was gonna take them vetering choice, It ain't.
Speaker 5: He ain't talking to me.
Speaker 11: I said, Man, you ain't taking ship from nobody here deep like y'all ain't taking.
Speaker 5: Take him anywhere you go eat your core. B I was gonna take him anyway.
Speaker 11: Can't get my saying, what you ain't gonna take ship, not from nobody, man, nobody going for that bro.
Speaker 5: Was like I had was it was Kender Gill. He ain't got to It was Kender Gil as what time else I was.
Speaker 11: Were both from Tech, so you know, I was starched down.
Speaker 7: Was like the real big buff dog and he was a little dog running around talking with everybody.
Speaker 24: Ain't no what It was kind of like that, but I was biting too.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: Hell yeah, but I love him going. He was a number one pick, so I couldn't talk. My words really didn't have no weight, you know what I'm saying. But once he said something, Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 5: Man, That's what I was doing because.
Speaker 11: I could do that because the way I played the game, the way we played the game, like whatever whatever I had to do, or say, let's go out in this ninety four fifty man, Yeah, let's get to it like no matter what being done and not doing none of that whatever, then let's go hoop man.
Speaker 5: And we had the coolest training. So he was really with us too, you know what I'm saying. It was really with us too. Absolutely, So it was yeah tried, man. It was my first year. I'm badly making the league.
Speaker 24: I just can't come overseas, going through all this ship, trying to get here and not getting in this mother, trying to de bow my shoes I couldn't believe that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe that ship.
Speaker 7: Where are we?
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, I just I just like I said, I was twenty two grown man at the time.
Speaker 5: You grown man, and where I came from.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you ain't going no, no, sir. I I'm old Cliff Broye.
Speaker 24: I was trying to show that side because I'm trying to feel I'm trying to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like I said, where I became like hugs, let me beat meet them four years Cincinnati, so I never had to have an off button. I didn't have an off button at Cincinnati. Dog listen some of the ship I did and didn't listen to fights and all this I got. There was no off button, man. So when I got to the league, there was still no off button.
Speaker 22: So we're well welcome, Snoop.
Speaker 24: You got a lot of movies. You play yourself a lot, but you're in a lot of movies. Starts getting Hutch, which is one of my favorite movies. I laugh at that ship.
Speaker 37: So you know that nigga, that nigga really hit me in real life and starts Hutch. I'm gonna take get to the scene. It was the golf course scene, me and Vince Vn. So when we were rehearsing, we rehearsing in the scene, it says, well, Vince is gonna say a line and then Snoop's character, Huggy Bear is gonna interrupt him, and Vince's gonna say, hey, don't you interrupt me. So okay, me and the director Todd Fellers will get an understanding. So it's time to shoot. So now we don't set so nigga like an action, the nigga saying his lines, I'm already and doing my shit. The nigga says something. I'm like, hey man, that nigga said he slapped the dog shit out of me. No way, nigga, my mama, he slapped the dog shit out of me. So the nigga and me was finna punch him, right, But the actor in me, I.
Speaker 5: Sold it, you sold it.
Speaker 2: The action in me was like.
Speaker 37: And I shrugged it off and I went to my next line and I did that shit and I killed your nigga, and they was like, he cut nigga. Everybody started clapping and the nigga, Vince Vaughn hugged me. Tired as motherfucker said man, don't kill me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I just felt the urge. Man, just feel like I said, you have to urge.
Speaker 2: You dog here, motherfucker.
Speaker 37: You slapped the ship out of me, because that's what happens when you're on the set of a movie and you're working with real actors. Ship like that just happened. I said, I don't want to be no more real actors. Put me with some niggas, man coming herded, some motherfucking body.
Speaker 12: But what's it like to like I said, so you're transitioning from the streets to a global superstar and then now you're fucking around. Now you're in movies. Like, tell me what's going through your mind during this time?
Speaker 37: Matt, You know what's crazy because I always from church, my aunt Dad's mama, my Auntie Ellen, in church. She used to always put us in place. She used to always put us in theatrical ship where we have to either play characters or memorized lines or be somebody famous for black history. Benjamin Banneker, James Washington Carver, all kinds of motherfuckers that we had, Frederick. We had to do research on these people, then we have to become them, and we have to act like them.
Speaker 3: We have to present that.
Speaker 37: Then when I went to school, I did like certain things in school that certain classes that I took that would give me the opportunity to give a little bit of that.
Speaker 3: Then when I became a rapper, rappers had personality.
Speaker 37: When I came out, all of them, it was never a dead dull rapper.
Speaker 3: Niggas couldn't just be yeah hey yeah, yeah yeah. Niggas had personality.
Speaker 37: Look, they had style, they had all that shit that was like flatbuoyant, like you know what I'm saying, like that shit.
Speaker 3: So it's like when I got a chance.
Speaker 37: To act, I was like, I never went to act in school, but I'm not gonna blow the opportunity. And my reputation is. And you can ask anybody that's ever worked with me on the movie set is Snoop Dogg comes to the set and he knows your lines, your lines, your lines, and his lines, and the motherfuckers flawless. I just did a movie with Eddie Murphy, nigga, and I ain't bragging.
Speaker 3: I'm just giving you some facts.
Speaker 5: Nigga.
Speaker 37: When we first hit the set, this the first day, niggas say action true. My niggas say, hold on. Let me one more time, action one more time, my damn Snoop Dogg. You got a nigga rattled. Damn niggaos, I'm supposed to be rattled by you, you understand me. Boom, knock it out the park.
Speaker 3: Whooped the wool woo woop.
Speaker 37: Come back to the thing, like, nigga, you a professional nigga the way you and to me, I ain't did nothing but just what I'm supposed to do. What to an onlooker, and the motherfucker's been doing this shit for a long time. The way I do it with ease and the way I get it done, It's like, nigga, this is what you meant to do. Like certain niggas on the b ball court, they just gifted. Like some niggas gotta practice and shit and all this nifting weights and all's extra shit that some niggas.
Speaker 38: Just like, we'll lift you doing right there, that's the dunk on a nigga.
Speaker 3: Some niggas just got to do more than others, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 37: And then some niggas just naturally got it, man, Like it's just like that, Like I look at y'all the niggas that made it to the NBA, Right, how many motherfuckers didn't make it?
Speaker 3: That was better than y'all.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of my partners made most of them in jail. They were way colder than me.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying is just a matter of the way. You did it at ease, and I had the favor, but you did it at ease too.
Speaker 37: The favor gonna give it to you, but you still got to do it at ease because if you do it reckless and you're gonna lose favor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I almost fucked it off a couple of times.
Speaker 1: We all almost did.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 3: Was sitting right here, nigga. We perfect combination.
Speaker 12: What was the best acting experience? Ords people you got to work with and you felt was it? You just spoke on what was that probably coming to America to you talking.
Speaker 3: About nah dolamite?
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, that's all the mic.
Speaker 37: But the people that I had to great experience of working with. One of them was Fred Williamson. That's the hammer played in super Bowl one. Played in Super Bowl one. He was a start she and hush.
Speaker 3: He was the lieutenant.
Speaker 37: But he told me because I had a long conversation with him, and I was like, fred, I really want to start doing this acting thing. Heavy, What should I you know, do it? What should I request or whatnot? Because I just want to be good at what I do. He said, look here, young man, let me tell you something. When I started making movies, it was three things that had to happen or I wouldn't fuck with the movie. Got to win all my fights. I got to win all my fights.
Speaker 3: That's number one. Got to fuck all the pretty girls.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get you suck, that's what that's number two.
Speaker 37: And I got to live all three of them. Things got to happen in the movie for me to be in them. And I looked at every movie this nigga was in and it's the same, and nigga beating up niggas from the beginning, fucking the bad bitch in the middle, and that nigga lives at the.
Speaker 3: End and in that time in the area.
Speaker 37: But just listen to me, in that time and in real life, nigga would get beat up. We're gonna take your bitch, and you're dead by the end of the movie. These are three things that's happening to you. Black actors get that part in your head. So somebody had to create a stigma of hold on, we wanna see some superheroes that look like us. That's where the super Fly and the Shafts and the Black Dynamites and the Dolomites, that's where they come from. Because it had to be somebody that set the trend on. You're not gonna do me like that. I'm not gonna be in it. So that's why when I got to a certain point of doing movies, I pulled back from Hollywood because they always wanted to kill a nigga. They wanted me to die in the movie. The last movie I died in Me and John Single How to Understand, And it was like, look, I really don't want to die in no more movies cause because I just don't like the spirit of that ship.
Speaker 3: I like to live.
Speaker 37: He was like, Nigga, the way you're gonna die in this movie, Nigga, you're gonna live forever.
Speaker 4: What was I to do?
Speaker 3: Nigga?
Speaker 38: Rodney from Baby Born, Welcome to the Show, Tyson Challer.
Speaker 24: Comptent, Demeanain, legendary, legendary, I know all about them.
Speaker 5: How was the hoop saying to talk about coming up?
Speaker 24: You know in that era because basketball was high school basketball was different when we was coming up.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: Compton the Menas is one of those schools. Talk about that experience of you know, growing up in Compton and playing with Compton Meaz with all those high school legends that you play with.
Speaker 20: I think the difference back then it is like it was like myths. Like anytime you heard about a player, I heard about the school you it was talking was no like YouTube or something like that, a chance to see build it up, you know in your head or whatever. And so for us, we built that up too because we know everybody felt about us. So I mean we walk in the gyms, we walk in hoodie deep. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's like like we're gonna We're gonna win either to fight or the game.
Speaker 5: So what is gonna be?
Speaker 20: And we came in with that type of mentality, and uh, I mean it was a hell of an era.
Speaker 24: Tommy Prince, Jason Thomas Turn, the most dropped name ever was all the smoke term Turn.
Speaker 5: But what was talking about we gotta got this our term segment? What was term? Game like? Turn?
Speaker 20: Terms nice nice point guard like your term is gritty.
Speaker 12: I call him ten day term now because you swear the Lakers gonna callis. But he's doing more gang banging in the video and than playing basketball, Like we can't just cuss everybody he cuts when he make a shot, turn will come back and play pickups and start fights.
Speaker 5: We don't go there no more. Yeah, you don't come here no more.
Speaker 20: We get somebody new from another income. Term banging up.
Speaker 7: This is our team, turn right, this is our team.
Speaker 5: Our team messing our team.
Speaker 7: I graduated four years ago.
Speaker 20: But it was I mean, you know, Tay, like you said, Jason Thomas, I got a chance to watch. I didn't play with Kenny or art team, but I got a chance to watch him before I came there. And that's really what made me want to go there. Uh you know the culture there. Tate was like the most clean cut out of them all, and he kind of like, you know, set the tone of how to get to the McDonald's, all American, how to ridle all of that. So I knew that I wanted to go to the league. Uh from highcho from high school, so I knew whatever t did, Like he was he was like at the top of the top and going to college. Like whatever he did, I got a cutting surpassed nothing. So he said, like a great bar for me.
Speaker 12: You had like a legendary was it junior high or freshman year? Like a sixty minute interview?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: Talk to us about that because there was talks. I mean obviously it was talks, but you going to the league at it? Was it freshman year out of high school?
Speaker 5: Give me a go ahead?
Speaker 24: Yeah, man, y'all doing sixty minutes on Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 1: I'm like I should have.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 12: Talk to us about what you know obviously what that was like, and then you know that's that that's a huge platform at it earlier.
Speaker 20: Was honestly, I didn't. I did not know what I was like actually doing. They said sixty minutes, wanted to do a piece. I just thought it was like a news channel. I didn't realize the magnitude of what it was going to do. Because after that, I was like, I got I got a target on my different it's different, like you know, especially like they put that target on, labeling you that dude, everybody's shooting for you now.
Speaker 5: And I didn't. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 20: At first, it was so exciting having cameras fall and stuff. I was like, oh, yeah, like you know, I'm that dude. And then until you got to be that dude, and then I was like almost embarrassed by and like embarrassed ball and not aloriety that was coming the kid. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So it's like I'm battling all of these things at the time. And you know how it is where you know, in the in the hoop game where you got all of the voters and everybody that's around that you know, see where you're going, uh, and everybody trying to have a you know, a piece r or be the person to direct you and this and that. But after that, it's like, yeah, it opened my name up to the world, so everybody figured I was the next one. So then it was like I had to deal with more than I was already dealing with.
Speaker 24: David Hamilton aka Supercript.
Speaker 5: Talk about Supercript.
Speaker 12: I got a story about supercryptom.
Speaker 5: So so my uh so again, so I'm coming to high school.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 20: I didn't know, I didn't know who Supercrip was, I didn't know nothing about I'm playing against them and he was big athletic dude, right, and we're going we're going at it or whatever, like he hit me hard. I hit him hard. Uh, I want to say, like he put he put his uh elbow or something like that and was like, don't move it. I'm like what, So I hit it down and then we're playing. So then I come to Then after the game, coach was like, see, I like that rested the punks.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 20: He's like you didn't. He's like, you didn't back down from super Crip at all. I was like who. I'm like, who is like this the dude? Like you know what he's knowing from him? Like no, what a name like super Cup already know what he knows what he's about.
Speaker 5: And after that, the funny.
Speaker 20: Thing he came up was like hey, I got respect for you, and they like dap me up and all that and it's uh but it's funny as I had another.
Speaker 5: Clue in the super super After that. He was cool as hell the other time.
Speaker 12: So we played in the he was my age, so two years older than you. Yes, So we played in the Magic Johnson roundball game and this dude got shot. I don't know if it was a day before, but maybe two days before.
Speaker 20: A couple of days before he got shot. I want to say it was like the game was like a Friday or Saturday. He got shot that Tuesday and Wednesday and played in the game. Yeah shot where though, Yeah late man, no.
Speaker 4: Man game, no reason.
Speaker 12: So but he was nice to he went to Auburn for a minute. I just started falling him on Instagram. I founded maybe a couple of months ago and started following this good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I d m it real quick.
Speaker 5: But he.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Forties.
Speaker 12: Yeah he might have let that rest. But yeah, shout out David Hamilton. Man, dude, real good dude. H welcome to the show, Mike Brown. Going back to this knugglehead. What was he like at twenty two twenty three?
Speaker 5: A young It was a young story line.
Speaker 16: First of all, as you know, it's a true man right there.
Speaker 5: He's a true man. He got us great heart, He got a great heart. His heart is off.
Speaker 16: My son's playing their little flag football and he Saturday morning ten o'clock game.
Speaker 5: You know, we we're out.
Speaker 16: On the field cold in India. He's there with his crew. He made his whole crew get up watch a little football. But I got to tell I hope I got enough time to say these stories.
Speaker 5: I hope.
Speaker 16: So the first one, and I'm would get a lot of IM would get probably some emails and some calls. But we used to take our team to Houston in the summertime and our top nine ten guys would go. Now, we go for about a week and we bright bread work out and that's when all of the players used to go to.
Speaker 5: Houst Sunday, yeah Funday.
Speaker 16: Because because Luke had the gym going, the gym was rocking. So we used to keep all our players together when we played pick up. And this is whin Tim. This when Tim fell in love with Jack. So so we're playing film game against most of the Rockets, and you know, you know Tim.
Speaker 5: And David because they were both there.
Speaker 16: They both real quiet, head down guys, and you know Rockets.
Speaker 5: They talking a little smack and.
Speaker 16: And Katino threw a lib to Steve Francis or Francis through a live to Contino.
Speaker 33: I'm inducted, and they're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, let's run these.
Speaker 5: Bitches out of here.
Speaker 16: Jack grand the boy, he said, well want want wait wait now, wait now, who y'all calling?
Speaker 39: Bitches, he said, because if any of us we gonna find out whatever, we can go outside right now, Basketball.
Speaker 5: And Man and you, Tim and David they were like, yes, exactly, exactly exactly. Loved it, Hey, Maddie.
Speaker 16: From that time on, nobody nobody said nothing to our team like this.
Speaker 5: From then on. That's the first thing. So everybody loved.
Speaker 16: Him because he's about the team. He's about if you on his team, he got your back.
Speaker 5: You ain't got to worry about that at all.
Speaker 16: And the second thing was, uh, if this was interesting, it's kept my life interesting. Uh anytime we play a game, all right, Jack, not this soon as he man, I'm okay, saying.
Speaker 5: That was too right away, soon as he fuck up, he know the horror coming right.
Speaker 16: Okay, And he as soon as he hear that horror, he don't eve turn look.
Speaker 5: He start cursing, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, ship, okay, okay, I don't have to deal with this.
Speaker 16: So Pop Pop ain't even look at him now okay, walking just looking at Pop looking at dashing Jack walking to Then as soon as he passed the coaches, I know it's my job.
Speaker 5: I get up, So I go down to the end.
Speaker 16: I get my curse up the fuck that he'll be the fun out of here.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 5: There's about so I sit there and get cursed out. Then I'm like, okay, done. Then if he ain't done, he'll keep going.
Speaker 16: But if he's done, if I say yeah, I'm done, I said okay, now, now that is what you need to do. And after he take a breath and get After he take a breath, he know what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 5: He relaxed for a second.
Speaker 16: Then he go back out there and if he and if it was bad enough.
Speaker 5: He goes. You get it out. He's blocking even coaching, and you know what, it goes back again.
Speaker 16: It's just a testament to his heart. If he was wrong, he'd be the first, and not just not just to one person, like the whole group.
Speaker 5: He goes, he gonna go from a whole group.
Speaker 24: And because I didn't know no better, I didn't know, you know what I'm saying. I was still learning. I was going how to be a professional. You know what I'm saying. I was on a team with a whole bunch of guys who are the ultimate professional. I'm still learning, you know what I'm saying. So but that was a culture shock to go from New Jersey where you had a whole bunch of guys who on their way out, you know what I'm saying, Sherman Douglas. Then I go to a team where you got stars like Tim Duncan, Dack Robinson. But this is an organization that that's uh, everything.
Speaker 5: Is about winning. It feels like a championship here.
Speaker 24: So it was a different It was a culture shock for me, but it was a great It was the best thing for me because if I went anywhere else, I wouldn't have lasted that long. But talk about it, it just resurfaced of me calling off my wedding.
Speaker 5: My boy was there. Oh yeah, Mike was there.
Speaker 7: So you came all the way from nothing to.
Speaker 5: Nothing. Michael was holding me down, holding me down though you know I was in the crime.
Speaker 24: I remember, I remember this Vivili bro Uh when I called the webnam, I was to be honest, all joke a side. I was really hurt, bro. He know I loved that girl and I was really want to be married. For me to take that step, but this is what I remember vividly, and this is why I love him and Mike Bibby's Mama. I was in the crying, like hard down crying. Mike will be Mom came in there and WAPs wipes not until the way with her bare hands, and told me you became a man today. And he came right behind her and said the same thing. You know what I'm saying. I was, and I was what twenty three twenty four at the time. Yeah, And I came straight up out of it, do you know what I'm saying? And that meant a lot, because if I didn't have him have them there that day, I don't know how I would have made it out of that. You know, people can talk all this shit. Yeah, you was a man. You did what you're supposed to do. But I was hurt, bro, I was hurt for a long time because I actually wanted to be married.
Speaker 7: You know, it might not have been the best thing for you.
Speaker 5: Definitely was Definitely was in my pockets, got it?
Speaker 7: I mean obvious to getting back to important Mike and instrumental.
Speaker 5: Got too many stories.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna keep navigating, y'all. Throw y'all, Michael was one of three people the help you get back in the league. You guys both speak to that. This is after obviously after the brawl Indiana.
Speaker 5: I started.
Speaker 24: So after San Antonio, I wanted my big contract. We won championship. I felt like I deserved a big contract because, like Mike said, they didn't look at like that.
Speaker 5: But I carried a lot of games.
Speaker 24: Game six in the West Commence Finals, we don't win that game if I don't carry. It's the first three quarters, so a lot. I was thinking like that in my head, but I didn't know the business as well. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. So if I could rewind back, I would have took that three year, ten year, three years, ten million dollars because I would been on a championship team.
Speaker 5: I probably won two more championship. Then I always got a crazy bag. That's the end out there.
Speaker 24: But I didn't understand the best of the time, so I was upset with them not getting my bag.
Speaker 5: So I had to go to Atlanta for one year to prove myself.
Speaker 24: I'm betting on you. I bet on myself today in front of anybody, I'm betting on me, and I went down balled out. But I had this in my mind that I didn't get my big contract. But I knew I had Mike and Rick and Indiana that was interested in me. I had no idea I was gonna get a contract from him, but I knew they were interested, and I knew I had a relationship.
Speaker 5: With him, so I knew go to Atlanta and ball out. Sure shits, think got ball out in Atlanta.
Speaker 24: They have another mid level exception available and Donnie Walshall was hired me by then too, And I remember Mike tell them like, we're gonna We're gonna get you over here. And that's how it worked out for me going to Indianna, end up getting the biggest contract ever.
Speaker 5: Had, thanks my guy.
Speaker 12: Now fast forward till thanks to you, I went running for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was running for fast forward to the brawl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that was crazy, man like.
Speaker 24: So so the bra situation was crazy because it seemed like it happened from this. I'm getting Larry Barry calling me telling me that I'm signing a big deal with Indiana, and it seemed like the brawl happened the next day.
Speaker 5: In my mind, that's how you know what I'm saying. I was that happened soon as I got there.
Speaker 24: In my mind, I was in the position Matt where we're finna win the championship.
Speaker 4: Y'all was loaded.
Speaker 5: Nobody beating us, bro nobody beating us. You know, we had Ridge on the court, but O would lineup.
Speaker 24: Was Jamal me at the two, Run at the three, Jeff Foster at the four, Jamaine ain't nobody beating at five at that time on both y'all lost.
Speaker 7: Y'all can fight too, you know.
Speaker 5: We was that type of team.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I can dig it so and at the time we beaten everybody like fourteen to five or something like the time.
Speaker 5: Probably I think so, I'm not privy to you know, I'm not privy to the.
Speaker 24: Beef from the previous with Eastern Conference finals. So I'm sure he wasn't surprised when I went the stands behind run because that's just how.
Speaker 5: I am, you know what I say. That's why I said earlier.
Speaker 16: He ain't about the team. I'm lawyer, and he knows sometimes it could be talking so far.
Speaker 5: Ye exactly, That's just that's who he is. And when he went, I didn't think twice the game was over.
Speaker 24: You know, we could talk about it now because people willing to look it down and slow down the frames. When I first win the stands. I didn't throw a punch. Me and Mike got to run at the same time. We both grabbed him. What made me throw that punch was another beer was throwing it wrong face, So that's what.
Speaker 5: Made me click. If anybody look at it, I had no intentions.
Speaker 24: I ran by thirty people and got to run, so I had no intentions on hit nobody. But when the second beer came, I felt like it was just it was just too disrespectful. That and that's what happened. But this is the funny part. What we don't talk about.
Speaker 5: This motherfucker went off after the game, so doing the scuffling.
Speaker 24: Somebody fucking around the elbow him. Bus just lit. So we're in the locker room. We are, and let me tell you something, but I'm trying to.
Speaker 7: Bring your mother.
Speaker 5: Hold on and come Rick, so read it came coming there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, mother, We kind of breaking out.
Speaker 5: Jamaine, they were grabbed Jaun there about. They came in and going on.
Speaker 2: So it came to one point with Jamain stood up.
Speaker 24: All we check with the culture because he got hit the MAMO, you know what I'm saying. So it was the emotions were highest the time, but I knew that. Like yesterday, dog, the emotions.
Speaker 16: Was high, and it was not till it until they came in and said, okay, we're gonna rest.
Speaker 5: Remember they said they gonna rest two players and one coach was like.
Speaker 11: Rest.
Speaker 24: It got serious, It got serious, and it got serious when they came to Baron killed the whole everything. When he asked me was to go get trouble. When he said that, bro, the whole locker was like, oh, come on in trouble.
Speaker 21: You ain't playing no more this year. That we'll be here all day. We'll be here all day, all day. But I love you, Mike.
Speaker 24: I never I never got a chance to tell you this on camera publicly, but you know how my mom and how I feel about you. How from the opportunities you gave me to to San Antonio to where you embraced me as like a little brother in the somewhere I was in the league to be able to tutor me, and even when I wasn't playing on your team, you still made phone calls and make sure I was straight, still checked on me. So that meant a lot to me, because you know badly making into the league and the road I took you didn't have that many coaches that actually cared about me or my family or to come to my web to the leaves like that. So you made it a point to show me that you cared about fighting played for you. So I love you forever and I appreciate everything.
Speaker 5: Coach.
Speaker 16: I love it too, man, and I can say the same for you in a lot of different instances. More importantly, though, some times you showed up Saturday morning to support my boys.
Speaker 7: They had a hug. They had a hug today. I'm like, how you know him? I started thinking, like a nice embrace, bro. I was like, okay, brother, Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 12: Coming to you from Dallas. Set the tone with with the boss man, mister Mark Cuban, and now we got one of the greatest to ever do.
Speaker 5: It, Jack Dennis Rodman had a brief stand here. What was that?
Speaker 22: Like?
Speaker 4: I was wild. I mean.
Speaker 40: I'm a big Chicago Bulls fan in the nineties there obviously, so he was. He was one of my heroes. And then you know, Q spot the team the second my second year, halfway through and he's like, you know, we need to make a splash here, we need to get on the map. This is a Cowboys Town and I want to bring the the Mavericks back. I think I'm gonna sign Dennis Rodman and we're like, are you serious? But he ended up doing it and it was it was quite an experience, so he uh every time. So as a team meeting, we usually meet with Nelly obviously with forty minutes before the game. So the first game we have Dennis Robmin we're all kind of like excited he's starting. So forty minute rolls around. He gets up, new it's about to start the film. Robin gets up and goes take a shower, Like okay, so he comes back. He didn't see the video, he doesn't know the coverages, so he just goes out and kind of does Sometimes he squeezes, sometimes he hedges a little bit, sometimes he does nothing. So I was like, okay, maybe he just did it one time. Second game, forty minutes on o'clock, he gets up, showers, so he missed all the pregame meetings before the game and had no idea about the coverages that we're doing and kind of did his own thing, And I was like, that was just his routine. At forty minutes before the game, he was he was showering, and then and then after the game, he would just put his own gear on and would go lift hard for like an hour and a half, two hours. Wouldn't wouldn't, wouldn't be with the team, would just be fine, fine, his his workout room and he had his little workout coach, and then they were just lifting heavy for like an hour and a half after the game. And then he just put on a cowboy hat with these long feathers, didn't shower and just walked right out the arena. And it was and then media scrum would chasing him and he's and he's mumbling something is it was a comedy side show. And then it just wouldn't work. It wasn't working well that those couple of games he was here. And but it was definitely a splash. I mean, you know that the arena was full, and he got kicked out of one game. He sat on the court for a while and the rest didn't want to throw him out. I mean, there was a lot of stuff happened, which which was a cool experience for me, I guess as a young guy growing up. But it just basketball wise, it just unfortunate.
Speaker 12: Didn't brief stint when you first got the team Dennis Rodman, Yeah, day, what was that?
Speaker 7: What was that like? And did he really stay with you or is that just urban legend?
Speaker 5: No, it's true.
Speaker 29: He had lost his driver's license and so I have a I have a guest house behind my house.
Speaker 5: I'm like, just stay there.
Speaker 7: I can take you there.
Speaker 5: It was funny. I loved you that, right.
Speaker 29: He was just and he would come up to my house and he would just sit there watching cartoons all day for real, you know. Or he'd sneak Carmen a lecture through the back door back to the guesthouse. But he was a cool dude, right. But you know, we had a team vote because we couldn't rebound at all, and I We're like, well he's a rebounder and he needs a job, and the guys Nelly had the guys vote on they said yes, and I never We were playing Sack one game and he was supposed to guard a s Webber and now he's like guards Chris Weber and instead of guarding him, he just pointed at sea web and see what, Boom hits a jumper. But you can't hit that again. Boom And the other guys.
Speaker 14: Like, what going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the end of it.
Speaker 29: So let me just tell you I learned more from Dennis Rodman about PR marketing than I learned in any NBA class, anything I've ever done. The man was a master of marketing in like he knew.
Speaker 5: Like we'd go place he was still super hot.
Speaker 29: Then we go someplace and there'd just be masses of people that were just excited to see him, and you know, he'd be like, Okay, you just got to keep on refreshing and coming up with new stuff and letting people.
Speaker 5: Know you're going to be there.
Speaker 29: And so him and Paris Hilton are my two like marketing and PR googles, But d R. D rod was like a machine. He knew exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 12: You, it's good they've been asking for you.
Speaker 24: Before we dive into music. You know, we gotta touch this. You say he was top of twenty five ninety four, hard.
Speaker 5: Breathing, like, I'm just saying, I'm just saying. I'm just saying.
Speaker 24: I seen I seen him tell Mace he blew the game for us and all that, and and I didn't believe him until until I shot him and I saw the footage.
Speaker 5: I saw the push he blew it.
Speaker 11: No, I missed a shot. He wanted me to pass it, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you blew it.
Speaker 24: But he said, he said, you blew the game. But you said if you would have passed him, he wasn't gonna make it anyway I had.
Speaker 5: I had nineteen points, had two points.
Speaker 7: You gotta go some market, I gotta I'm cooking.
Speaker 11: At the most points in the game, like makes my man, don't get it fucked up because because you know why, like this ship comes up like twice a month. I'm like, yo, you really you're on this type of time. But yo, my nigga, look you gotta realizing. He'll say he was, you know, he did it for the sake of the team. But a year older than me. He a junior, a sophomore when I was his junior year. My sophomore year, I started, and you come off the bench like he was. Yeah, So I'm like, am I starting over?
Speaker 4: Young men?
Speaker 5: Ye're younger than he talked about genobally did it for the sake.
Speaker 7: Of the team, that's.
Speaker 5: So yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: If I got look, man, you know, if I got nineteen points, he got two points. They shooting free throws. We a massive square guard and that game is a massive square guarden. This is a real NBA court. So you all the way up to court. The niggas missed the free throw as soon as you get there. I got to be bad.
Speaker 5: I'm going I'm not running to play. I'm not looking. I'm looking.
Speaker 11: I'm dribbling, literally looking at the clock. Take down. You know, Yeah, he ain't square game, bro, Like, man, we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna win or we're gonna lose.
Speaker 11: On my merit, I'll take that. But yeah, he's that up twice a fucking month still today, even when she don't got done to do a basketball. Like when we're doing the show cam you see passing me we win, I'm like no, because he helped. You know, we negotiated our deal for the show. He was far of negotiation and we got you know, the underdog took care of us. When you passed to me, we win. You see what makes leave me the fuck alone about the game already? Fine, I should have passed the ball, bro, But Max was really good too. It's just it's really gard orientated and during that time, like you know, we're playing against stuff on Marlbury at the time. Felipe Lopez was there at the time.
Speaker 12: You know, it was speaking to cut you off, speak to Felipe because he had a lot of game and never really materialized.
Speaker 7: But he had a whole lot of game.
Speaker 11: He's all right, he's like, you know what it is. I'm being honest with you. First of all, we don't know how old Felippe is. He comes from Dominicans birth certificate, so we don't know. My man with the rice with Felipe right there, that's as yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: We really don't know how old Felipe Lopez is.
Speaker 11: Now, I tell you this much, New York, especially Manhattan has a big Dominican community, like talking about a big Dominican community. Now, Felipe, I'm not gonna say and say he wasn't good. I'd rather take stuff than Felipe if you asking me my person question. But no, they was hyping it. Yeah, yeah, that Felipe's it's better than stuff. He's a year older as far as grade wise. But he was good. But it was the hype behind. And that's why to me and the materialize it in the NBA because look, you go to the game. I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know if y'll ever been in the like Broadway in Amsterdam and New York. Probably Jackass have been everywhere this old Dominicans, Yoe. So when you go to these games, they come with guitars, they come with being Joe's, they come with with xylophones. Facts are not bro ya. He went to He was the mascot at Rights, my man.
Speaker 5: That's a fact.
Speaker 11: Though these niggas come, yeah niggas like so when I'm talking about these niggas, the half the arena or whoever nigga's performing at was uh filled with Dominican people, which was great support because it wasn't like a Dominican basketball player at the time coming out of New York. So his hype was crazy. And I'm not gonna say and say he wasn't good. He was good, but the hype behind it was it was a hype. Traine like to keep it a buck.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: It showed when he got the Saint John's. You know, as soon as you get to see Yeah, you wouldn't have been there all four years with the hype he had. You know what I'm saying, he should have been with Kevin Garnett, did yeah or not been going.
Speaker 5: They wanted him.
Speaker 11: They talk about the Knicks taking him straight from Rice and nobody was really doing that at the top. KG kind of broke that code.
Speaker 5: Was on sports illustrating high school all that exactly.
Speaker 11: That's a fact, you know. I'm telling you. I remember looking at the newspaper and they talk about the Knicks may give Philippe. Then when he got the Saint John's you just seen. Niggas wasn't with that, especially when you that nigga is supposed to be that nigga. Niggas can't wait to kill you. Y'all.
Speaker 5: Niggas know like better than anybody, like, Oh.
Speaker 11: Like I don't really know what uh who y'all played against college or high school, but I'm pretty sure that it was a nigga that Jay was like, Oh that's y'all king back. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So that's kind of how it felt. When it came to Felipe. I thought he was good, but if I had to pick, I would have picked Steph. That was like a pure point guard. He had brothers that played before him. He was really good. Felipe was decent, but he was just toler and no disrespect. He had the Dominican culture with him. Yeah, exactly, that hype trading, that whole joint. I must felipe as. When I played to I played them and stuff Marbury and skipped the my Loup shout out to Rafael Austin and my niggas. But when I played it was the same thing, like telling you like this, so y'all love this, so you're life. You know it's funny me and stuff Marlborough. You one day, was that niggas funny? We was arguing on Instagram or Twitter, one of them since I said, Steph, every time I played you, I busted your ass. Bro every single time I said every time, I said, matter of fact, let me specified what I said.
Speaker 5: Let me be vert beta. I said, Steph, every time I played against your high school I bust your ass. He said, exactly, you're still a high school basketball. That sounds like something Wop was saying. I said, I said, you won, hey, but I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 24: He is one of the most underrated NBA players of all time. The numbers he put up is no reason he shouldn't have been the first ballot Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: That's incredible, crazy. All the times niggas get kind of loved for what they do off.
Speaker 11: The career, the narrative or exactly.
Speaker 5: You know, y'all two guys narrative. Yeah, y'all understand. You got a.
Speaker 12: Google like, where's you said? So tell us tell us your Dre Miller story.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 41: So first year with him, and I had never played with an elite elite because I you know, I hadn't played with Dame yet and b romans it too. So my first elite, I want to clear it up. First elite PG for is like you don't say, being smart lost with short That's when I was like starting to kill. So team was like Dole Tammy, like they were in front of me. I couldn't get the ball.
Speaker 5: You know. He talks all.
Speaker 41: And then we were cool, but we were I was cool with him, but he would always call me Marcus. I'm like, bro, stop calling me that. So we in the game he said my whole long ass name like bro stop. But he he was like, Mark's just come here, and I'm like, bro. First of all, I stopped calling me that, but you know what I'm saying. He was like, hey, when you on the block, just go to the rim. I'm like, Drake, I can't see you.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about just go to the rim.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 41: He tripping. I can't even see this, nigga. I was like, I bet we're on the block. I'm getting in front of it. I spent and go to the room. That motherfucker is right there. I was like, oh my god. I was like, okay, we're good now. And that's the year we let the whole league in lobs. Bro, Like that was that year?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 4: You from me?
Speaker 41: Like I just turned that motherfuckers in my hand, like it was crazy, How easy was great? Lives just spent to the rim. I was like, all right, Bro, I can't see you, so I can't see the ball. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: Bro. That ship, that ship was right there. Man, he's funny.
Speaker 7: So I ever call you your nickname?
Speaker 6: Or was it.
Speaker 41: One time out in the car? I think he called me l A. But he you know what I'm saying, he had already.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: No, he won't mind this story, bro. So we we we in l A.
Speaker 41: Bro, we didn't live having a good ass time this black, I think we had.
Speaker 5: We had been winning and winning and winning.
Speaker 7: So we got to tell you what.
Speaker 41: It's the whole crew and like we asked him to go out, but I don't think he said he wanted to long story shart, Bro, y'all know this, niggas, y'all gonna get it.
Speaker 5: We in the club were having a good time. We kicking it.
Speaker 41: We on the Floyd Live. You know, it's the Vige down there. We looked to the left and the corners. The nigga by himself just chilling. It was Dre, what the you're doing in this spot? By oh, y'all good? Bro, y'all good in the spot by himself like right behind us in the corners, dogs the motherfuckering the corner. It's Dre just kicking it by himself, broad Like, what's up?
Speaker 7: Are y'all y'all good?
Speaker 24: Bro? Y'all know, I'm like, he don't give a Baron Davis have that same type of little like that were laying in Dallas.
Speaker 41: He right to this ska, y'all want to go skating with me? Like, Bro, like how randomness is? Like he what I grew up here in the hood where I grew up niggas. He was like, Yo, Dre here, I'm like in the hood. Yeah, Bro's skating dancing like I'm like, yo, here, a real one. He had another where I grew up. But he skating by himself, bulled up by himself. He got his own skates.
Speaker 7: With him, he got his own I was right here a real Oh that's good and welcome to the show. Sean kemp Man.
Speaker 12: Ninety six, you finally break through, you sweet dream and Clyde beat Stocked in them alone in seven.
Speaker 7: You get to Mike. You're avenue twenty three and ten in the finals. What was that? We got GP side. We had GP a couple of years ago.
Speaker 12: GP said, if GP said, if they would have put him on or mj earlier, y'all would have won it.
Speaker 42: Yeah, Gary was having he had. They had a couple of little injuries he had, so they didn't want to exert him at first. Uh, they put Detla on Michael Jordan, which didn't go well. I mean, I mean, look at it. DeLand was a great player. I mean he is man. I don't think it was fair to him all of a sudden. You know, you come on, you know what I'm saying. If anything, you pull somebody off the bench and pull on Michael Jordan, they can just waste files and be physical with him. But you know, you come out there being soft with Michael. He's gonna take advantage of you. And that's exactly what happened. But Michael wasn't the reason he didn't beat us in the championship. He did not beat us. Man we we we was on his ass. Well, he didn't beat us. Dennis Robbins is the one who we had no answer for him as man. Really we had no answer for Dennis Robins. I mean every time that they needed a second shot or something special, extra rebound or tip in. This motherfucker was flying and winking and I mean wincing and testing and ship straighten everybody on the team. Man's not even like that. He just do that ship. Just you just doing that ship he had, you know, my team just flustered.
Speaker 7: Man, what kind of ship would he do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 42: I'm gonna tell you what. Frank McCosky man dinner this morning, didn't started wearing color contacts the championship. He started wearing color color contacts in the Championship with some lip ship on man. He would be like he was trying to kiss Frank's arm and shipped and then Frank just couldn't take it. Man, it was just the man and him just couldn't allow it. Dinner's new with buttons to push, man, and we need to freak the rebound ship. He got him all discombobilated. Man. So yeah, my god, absolutely, man, Dennis Robber, I was his defense man, well me, I mean his defense was good, wasn't. I mean he wasn't too big for dinner, right, you know what I'm saying, I'm a little bit too big for Dennis. I don't think that's a fair agile. But his defense was great, man. Like I said, he was just tipping the ball and rebounding high knee and doing all this silly ship man, all the ship that you hate to see.
Speaker 7: And they need it.
Speaker 42: Yeah, that's exactly what they need, man. Scotty piping is great man. You know, I played with Pippen in Portland. I just say this, but sometimes they people don't get pipping his props. But Scottie Pippen was gonna be good ball player without Michael Jordan. He would have been a quality ball player without Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan definitely made him a little bit better. But my man, Scottie Pippen was still balling when he was in Portland. You know, he wasn't no match for Kobe when we was playing right back then. Yeah, you know Kobe. But Scotty was still balling man. He could still play the pass and lanes. He's never been a great shooter, but he's just been athletic to do a lot of different things, you know, past scoring, rebounding, that's his game.
Speaker 7: Talk What was Mike like in the those finals? Talking just straight about business? What was it like?
Speaker 42: And well, we played Mike in the finals. We were trying to engage with him a lot man. We really wanted him. We wanted physicality, we wanted to uh, we were trying to test him, but he wasn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't going for it. He was focused all right.
Speaker 7: Here was a picture right there.
Speaker 42: No, that's that's Gary. Gary was letting him know that he was getting in his ass. Because that's when they didn't put they took Gary. They took de Las off. Michael put Gary on. So Gary, you know, I used to run down the court. I'd be and I'd be like showing the glove. I'd be like the glove. Garyol giving his back the ball away and gave him flashy glove to that's you see Michael looking back at flashing that glove side. He didn't like that ship. That's the ship. That's the ship. That's the ship there. That's you had to get Michael going. Man, when you see that look right there, you got some problems coming back because now he don't want to talk to you. Now he got something to prove to you. He got another problem.
Speaker 7: Get a chance to know Mic off the court, not so much.
Speaker 42: Off the court, but definitely battles on the court. Man, definitely battles on the choir respecting. I got a lot of mad respect for the matter. You know, I've seen people be physical with Mike. I've seen him have a game plan to stop him. He altered his game plan every night. You couldn't stop him. Is he the best to ever played the game?
Speaker 5: No? Who is? I mean?
Speaker 42: People get mad at me when I say this, spell but Bill Russell, Russell, Bill Russell, you know what I'm saying. The best to ever played the game is not gonna be the lead scorer. Be'st to play the game is gonna be one. It's gonna be in the middle doing a lot of different things because he's gonna be able to help people out keep the ball and play Bill Russell was the first one blocking shots, keeping the you know we was blocking shots doing that Ship seventeen rolls up in the stairs. He was actually blocking shots and they was actually getting fucking layups off of him. So absolutely, man. I you know, as I look through the years of basketball, I think Will Chairman was a beast, but Ship Bill Russell was wearing his ass up. So let's keep it real. If you're talking about the all around best player of the game, you look and see how many championships they won, how long they did it. He's got to be up there, bro,