Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football clubs. This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: This is so generous by trying to lift our spirits.
Speaker 3: Who's at Chris?
Speaker 2: Because I haven't really victorious in about a month?
Speaker 4: Just lifting me up a little bit? Can Bill not be heard of a scene? Or are you not? Okay? We hear the song?
Speaker 5: Apparently I can barely hear this song, all right, So here we are. I think there was music being I heard it.
Speaker 4: I heard it.
Speaker 6: I only can play it once a week now, so.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's going on with my headset, but it's not going on.
Speaker 2: But you gotta act like you heard it, okay. The way you just brought it in very weak. When you start all.
Speaker 5: Over, really a fall start, all right? There are football players on the football field. It's a fabulous fight song. Friday, I think Friday, even though I couldn't hear it.
Speaker 4: And we're getting.
Speaker 6: Ready for a state championship game on Monday night. At the A D and T Stadium, right, thank you State Championship game. What do you bring it up?
Speaker 4: White gear? Geez played here for freaking eight years? Man? What nine years?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 4: This is sweet? What do you do? Yes? Because I'm special cooler, I'm special?
Speaker 6: Wow, that is sweet.
Speaker 4: They still love me around here. I thought maybe maybe not the higher ups, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, the sponsorship loves ever sad.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, boy, where the ship has That's.
Speaker 2: What happen when you treat people with respect, Bill, all right, you don't talk about it.
Speaker 6: Very nice. Look at this for those not watching, just listening.
Speaker 5: Ever since the Guys two shows a week, you get sponsorship.
Speaker 2: I did get this from the show, Thank you very much. Y'all don't even have sponsors on the show that Cooler board, w B Safe the Cowboy. It's not because of spags and Bill jumps. This is just because it's a that's an inherent sponsorship, all right.
Speaker 4: Look at this, man, yeady. I love these hats too, right here?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I can't wait till get cold enough to wear it wearing that Monday. Okay, with this weekend, but this is nice, Thank you Christ.
Speaker 5: Sponsorship dream right here, it's like opening up a gift of sponsorships.
Speaker 6: Christmas comes early.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's good stuff right there.
Speaker 4: Yes, they sponsored.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jack Black going.
Speaker 3: To share the Jack Black on makey likes Jack Black? Any Tommy John in there?
Speaker 4: Maybe you like that. I don't do hats. There you go, yeah, you can build those hats.
Speaker 3: Bill needs a hat.
Speaker 4: This the hats I wear.
Speaker 6: That's a sweet hat.
Speaker 4: It's nice. You can have that, so you go here it goes bad.
Speaker 3: I've got the damn.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, my bad. All right, I can have Chris, you can have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can use the cooler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could.
Speaker 6: Miller lights and sponsorship. He gets a Miller like delivery and every Friday House.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can lead today, guys, I got I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: I see you later enjoying myne He was bringing you Hall of Fame votes or that would be nice.
Speaker 2: But this is this is second best, second best. Thank you, Christopher, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: But Mickey the notes and here I was going to do him a favor because I saw this show and I forgot about it.
Speaker 4: All my flowers, my flowers.
Speaker 3: So when uh ceedee lamb, I mean Trayvon Diggs got the interception on Sunday. That was his twentieth and it is the nice most interceptions, second most interceptions in your first fifty six career games in Cowboy history. Nice, the only one with more, and he had twenty five.
Speaker 4: And he had how many twenty he's falling?
Speaker 3: Is that twenty?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's my third year was was weak and go out the numbers.
Speaker 3: Well, your second year you didn't get enough games. Yeah, yeah, but then so that counted in your fifty six it did well.
Speaker 6: It is still the same number of the same game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same number again you're talking years, Yeah, you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Number of games, fifty six games.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 3: Third was Charles Water with eighteen and then Michael Downs with eighteen.
Speaker 6: Michael Down, don.
Speaker 4: I'm derated to play fourteen.
Speaker 6: So Michael Downs had eighteen picks in his first fifty six games.
Speaker 3: From eighty one through eighty four.
Speaker 2: Love Billy Cliff all the tackles as well. So that's why he's not doing so well right now. But my man shout out to you, Mike d there you go.
Speaker 6: How about that pick though in the end zone.
Speaker 4: Man, I loved it.
Speaker 3: That was pretty sweet.
Speaker 4: He jumped that thing. Man, And those.
Speaker 6: Ball skills, those ball skills are. That was bringing back memories of Everson Walls.
Speaker 3: That was where receiver stuff there.
Speaker 2: Now that's how it goes man. I mean, you can tell he played wide receiver. His brother's a receiver. He had nothing to do but cast the ball. And I didn't want to be a defensive back. I wanted to be like Drew Pearson. So that's all I did, was the ball.
Speaker 3: So did you boys, And you.
Speaker 6: Wanted to be Willie Mays, but instead of a field and.
Speaker 4: I had to That was the only black guy on the team.
Speaker 3: That happen.
Speaker 4: Well, it was integration time.
Speaker 8: No even my little baseball, my little league team, we had one black guy, black guy the field man.
Speaker 3: You just run and he took my leadoff spot because they thought he was faster.
Speaker 4: What was what he was?
Speaker 2: Just a question, just a question. Now I didn't play. I didn't play leadoff. I was still clean up because I was kind of big for my size at that time. And then all the kids called up with me real soon.
Speaker 3: See I was small and I could get walks. They couldn't get the strike zoned down.
Speaker 2: We had some guys like so what about it? Berner at Bergner. No, I by that time I had been through so much stuff. Bergner was a second act actually, because I had quit sports altogether. I didn't play any sports my junior year at all. My sophomore year, I got kicked off the basketball team, and track was the only thing that the coach would let me play because he went to school with my dad, coach John Freeman, so he gave me a chance to run track. And that's when I learned to run the hurdles. And I got really good at running hurdles, so it helps with the athleticism.
Speaker 4: You know, being able to do that. And I think I got third.
Speaker 2: In district behind David Jasper, who was my full back, who was amazingly good, the goofiest dude in the world. But man, he could run the one tens. Oh my god, Like, dude, you're a different person when you run track. And he's the goofiest guy you ever want to met me, Just a cool guy. And then there was a guy named Kennedy that was he ran another white guy. He ran for JJ Pierce. If I'm not mistaken, He got second and I got third. But it was Jasper and Kennedy that was really the two studs in the one teens at that time. Yeah, and I remember that stuff because I didn't hardly playing sports in high school.
Speaker 4: I was too busy getting in trouble.
Speaker 6: She got kicked off the basketball team.
Speaker 3: I did mouthing off.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah.
Speaker 6: See, all right, well you're fraternizing with the Piers guys.
Speaker 4: No Friday nizing. No, that had nothing to do with the other team.
Speaker 2: This is just all me and my boys acting the damn that's all they were, guys.
Speaker 4: Forgive me Bugna high school.
Speaker 6: All right, Nicky, bring us up to speed on that press conference this morning that we didn't have.
Speaker 3: Uh, Mike had won this morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, with the with the fan, Oh, with a fan, that's our press conference.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no press conference today. You're gonna try.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm confused because it's a Monday night game and we're supposed to be on a Thursday schedule, and I'm not seeing a press conference.
Speaker 3: Garrett is not.
Speaker 4: The head shot. This is gonna be different, remember.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Jerry did have his Friday Yeah, and he quote unquote press conference with the fan.
Speaker 3: He spent half of it talking about the boxing match tonight, really and also pointed out that Netflix didn't want any curtains out there at AT and T Stadium today, okay for the TV broadcast. Pretty funny guy.
Speaker 6: Uh so he brought that up on his own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna be well, they were talking about the boxing match and he threw that out.
Speaker 4: You think it just comes up with that. It doesn't have it written down in his back pocket, you know.
Speaker 3: He comes up with a lot.
Speaker 4: Right off the cuff. There you go. All right.
Speaker 3: They asked him if he was going and I'm thinking, well, we that he's gonna go sit in the suite and ringside ringside.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's the timeframe tonight? When does it all get started?
Speaker 6: And with the boxing.
Speaker 3: Car Actually, the under undercard is starting at three o'clock this after.
Speaker 6: There's an under undercard.
Speaker 4: Well, now we should all know this stuff because.
Speaker 3: The undercard three you've got and then the main event Katy Taylor and Amandaano.
Speaker 6: Katie Taylor High School in Houston.
Speaker 2: Miss Katie Taylor, I've written this, I've read this five times and this is the first time you've ever said that, Bill, Miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano's long awaited rematch.
Speaker 4: So that will be one of the undercards.
Speaker 3: That'll be one that starts probably around eight thirty nine. Okay, the main event is supposed to start at ten. Taylor verse, I'm wondering if the slap in the way in is going to be the hardest punch thrown.
Speaker 6: There was a slap.
Speaker 4: Do you think that was kind of Oh, I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: It was script.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it because, you know, he Tyson said he likes the dude.
Speaker 4: What's the guy's name, Jake Paul. He said he likes it. He said that that.
Speaker 3: I was referring to him for my column today, but I didn't know what kind of what kind of title? What?
Speaker 4: What is he?
Speaker 3: What do I call Jake Paul?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: He's what we call him Internet.
Speaker 7: We call him his nickname is the Problem Child.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that doesn't say Mike Tyson's former heavyweight champion. They call him International Superstar, International Superstar.
Speaker 6: Wikipedia calls him an American professional boxer, actor, and YouTuber.
Speaker 4: He's an actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did he don't ask?
Speaker 4: Do you know? You just know I don't want to mention it.
Speaker 3: He did some acting, he did.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this is says International Superstar. Jake Paul takes on the Baddest Man on the planet. So you have two guys who are world renowned but have no title, no official title.
Speaker 3: No, but it's a sanctioned fight, and that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Okay, So eight years old. He began his career posting videos on Vine in September twenty thirteen and had a mass five point three million followers and two billion views before the app discontinued. As an actor, he played Dirk Man on the Disney Channel series Something Bizarre Vart. He launched a YouTube channel ten years ago and has ranked on the Forbes list as one of the highest paid YouTube creators.
Speaker 3: So what's his boxing record?
Speaker 6: Boxing record?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 5: He has eleven total fights. He is ten and one with seven knockouts one well.
Speaker 2: And and once again he's fighting other people who were no longer boxers anymore or sometimes just.
Speaker 9: Other lost to Tommy Fury on the split decision.
Speaker 3: Was his brother's the big, big heavyweight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, he is well obviously not as good as his big brother.
Speaker 3: All right, So the cowboys are practicing today.
Speaker 6: And anything else from Jerry, we need to know.
Speaker 3: What else was he talking about. He was talking about expanding the schedule to eighteen games.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, dude's crazy.
Speaker 6: When's that gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess Goodell brought it up, So that.
Speaker 4: Means just two preseason guys. Yes, there you go.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, yeah, Still how soon can it happen?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't think it takes an act of God to say we're playing a next game?
Speaker 4: Is it taking?
Speaker 6: Was it taken active the players.
Speaker 3: The place? I think they what I previously read that they gave up that right for expansion and so it would just need a vote of the owners.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: Don't you want a next that one makes?
Speaker 4: That makes no sense.
Speaker 6: No, I just one fewer preseason game for me to call. That's what I care about.
Speaker 5: Bill's looking at the big words.
Speaker 4: Like keep it here. Yeah, that's a podcast for h So.
Speaker 3: They didn't ask him a lot about Well here. Here's two things that created like excitement yesterday. The first I heard somebody talked about how the Cowboys had eighteen guys on that practice injury report. Well, eight of them were full practice. They left out that. Oh okay, you know it was like, oh they're all beat up there, you know, Well eight of it, so ten guys were either limited or did not practice. And on the did not practice list, and so it'll change today because all they're out there is in jersey and helmets, right, but yesterday did not practice. Doron Bland still had not practiced. Cayln Carson was out with a shoulder and illness and his feelings hurt well, and that might be this illness. Jake Ferguson had an illness. Jordan Lewis we found out a bill that he did not practice with a neck injury, Hunter Lipke with a calf injury, Zach Martin with a shoulder. We knew Dat Prescott was already out, Nick Vigil still with the foot, and Tyler Smith limited. So I'm sitting there thinking, if I don't have Zach Martin out there, and I don't have Tyler Smith out there, which is kind of disconcerting, there's no more competition probably at left tackle because Tyler Gottens the left tackle. Awesome Richards and TJ. Bass would have to be the guards.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: That's getting pretty thin on experience on the offensive line. So I would imagine those guys' practice today because they're just it's no pads. Yesterday was the padded practice, and then now.
Speaker 6: You still have some practice squad offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, but are they better than the guys.
Speaker 6: You I'm saying in order to facilitate practice?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah, but so I mean you could talk, you could continue, but but you could in practice, you could have a practice squad guy fill in if you want to see the tackles.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see what you're saying. Awesome, Richards, But then you're giving up what's probably your best alternative at the guard position. Practice, it's practice. And then with Doran Bland still not practicing, Kayln Carson out and Jordan Lewis out, now you're getting thin at the cornerback position.
Speaker 4: Right. Didn't we see Jordan practicing yesterday?
Speaker 3: He was out there, he was limited, he was limited, he was out, he was out, he was he was in doing running. So that means that makuamu when I'm talking on yeah, Monday, and then they last week they elevated Josh Butler, So those two guys would probably have to fill in if it came to that. Butler, at least, as Bill has pointed out, has some experience playing in the league. Right, didn't you.
Speaker 4: Tell me that?
Speaker 3: Or did you tell Josh Butler?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, oh no, he was the who was the guy with the He was he the internet guy?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, he says almost as many followers on TikTok as.
Speaker 3: Jas so he is actually well. Last week was his first game to play.
Speaker 6: Uh, he played special teams against Atlanta, and last week.
Speaker 3: Right, right, they elevated him, so he's got one more elevation available, although they don't have to make elevations or roster moves until Monday by three o'clock, So I would assume that's when they'll put Dak Prescott on I R if they don't do it already today, and then the elevations would be then. So anyway, cornerback and offensive line would seem to be somewhat problematic if that's the way it is. But I would imagine they're just trying to get those guys to Sunday.
Speaker 2: I like Macwambo, I don't. I think he's even a better choice than Carson. Just got a little bit more experience, right, and he really I remember him playing pretty well last year. In the year before, I think.
Speaker 3: He was playing safety more than outside corner, I understand, but they could put him in the slot. I mean that's kind of where they had him. Also, the injury port for the Texans. Will Anderson did not practice on Thursday. They are I thought, I read they are expecting him back. I don't know if you.
Speaker 6: Saw that, Bill or not. He's got an ankle injury.
Speaker 3: Right, and then Nicocollins, who's missed the last five games, was limited, so.
Speaker 5: That they are definitely expecting him back, right, and uh, that would be a nice matchup in Diggs.
Speaker 3: So he's missed five games. The first five games, he had five hundred and sixty seven yards receiving in three touchdowns.
Speaker 6: Is that averaging? Averaging over over one hundred yards receiving a game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so I would imagine he's back. And then Derek Stingley Junior had a hip and he did not practice yesterday.
Speaker 6: And Lassiter, that's three picks on the year.
Speaker 3: He's still hurt.
Speaker 6: He's got a concussion.
Speaker 3: Who Lassiter, Yeah, no, he's got a well wait, I've got I got him confused at somebody else's concussion. I was thinking Lattimore other team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I think we need to move on. Ye last, the second round draft pick out of Georgia Games, had a nice rookie season.
Speaker 3: Ye had a concussion?
Speaker 6: All right, We continue with more mixed shots.
Speaker 3: And just the ball, but see if we get more slag.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto one. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investil like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get.
Speaker 10: Started Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 3: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 10: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes.
Speaker 3: Learn more and.
Speaker 11: Get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Mixed Shots.
Speaker 2: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, docuseriies like Deep Blue, and much more. Download The Cowboys now app on Amazon Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got one thing I want to mention before we dive into running back. Okay, have a question because I've gotten a call from my daughter today that I need to. I get to, uh, keep your couple of grandsons this afternoon because we're getting our family picture taken tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And big time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's been rescheduled several times because it was too hot during the summertime and so we had to back it up to the fall, and then we had to Saturday.
Speaker 5: We had to figure out a Saturday when Oklahoma wasn't playing and when Texas Tech wasn't playing, So we figured out.
Speaker 6: I got that narrowed down to tomorrow. So I get a call today asking me what my schedule is the rest of the afternoon because my wife and two of my daughters going get done. No, it's not the hair. This is why I'm asking this question. Why do you have to get your nails done for a family picture?
Speaker 4: Done? Man, yes, you do could be seen yeah like this, No, not necessarily.
Speaker 6: These are individual pictures. I mean it's a group picture. And let's see, I've got okay, Jessica's got three, but there's five in that family. There's two in that, there's seven, there's four, that's eleven. There's thirteen of us plus to take dogs and take.
Speaker 4: That somebody and you know, fingernail the.
Speaker 6: Show, Why do you need to get your.
Speaker 4: I mean you never know.
Speaker 3: Hey, what time does this photo take place?
Speaker 6: There? Bill, it's like late afternoon tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out games on at that time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's that was the critical thing. They're not playing tomorrow. It doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 3: We never got to we never got to settle which quarterback backup quarterback was worse last Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh, between Missouri and Oklahoma. Yeah, yeah, y'all didn't even talk about that fiasco.
Speaker 3: Well you weren't. He wasn't here on Oh okay, conveniently didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we want boy.
Speaker 12: I turned it on with like thirty seconds that I'm like, oh man, Oklahoma's got this.
Speaker 4: Thing in the bag.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't care. Then what happened?
Speaker 4: Did it change?
Speaker 6: Pretty quickly. Oh, it was the fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then they threw another one and I'm like, oh my gosh. Now they're down two scores.
Speaker 6: There's thirty seconds left in the game.
Speaker 5: It's a tie game. We're going to overtime. Yeah, and we're trying to make a play and our own end of the field. It's awesome fumble touchdown.
Speaker 6: Not to mess with that. Here's the other defense. What's the what's the what is the Let me ask you this question, Okay without throwing the kid under the bus, but I'll ask the question anyway. What is the surest way not to complete a hail Mary pass? What do you mean at the end of the game, what's the surest way not to complete a hail Mary pass?
Speaker 3: Take a knee?
Speaker 6: Is not to throw the mary?
Speaker 4: We take off running instead.
Speaker 6: That's when I decided, Okay, you're not supposed to. That's that's when I decided transfer portal. Yeah, okay, you put your own school in the transfer.
Speaker 3: So who you're rooting for now? I'm still we're going to the transfer portal. Okay, that kid's going to transfer, and I bet he goes somewhere and plays.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I'm sure he will.
Speaker 4: How do you. How does a program like oh you fall off? How does that happen?
Speaker 6: The coach that the sec that No, if you're paying attention, they had fallen off two years ago. It's when a coach leaves and leaves the cupboard totally bare, when a coach can't recruit.
Speaker 3: No, he took the cover with him at he did.
Speaker 6: Not he took he took Caleb Williams and a wide receiver and that was it because he didn't want any of those players that he had recruited. And uh and by the way, that wide receiver is now at Tulane.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 6: Uh and starting it's when it's when a coach can't recruit and leaves the copboard totally bare, and then you're in a total rebuild. Okay, Now ric O'Donnell is the lead this team?
Speaker 3: How how did that just get everybody breathless?
Speaker 4: What's the problem.
Speaker 3: Well, Mike McCarthys came.
Speaker 6: Out yesterday that the Cowboys have a new lead back. It's no longer running back by committee. It's rico'dowdele. That's why it's been recorded.
Speaker 3: Mike said, Rico needs the ball more, right, he's our lead back. So everybody went crazy that Mike named rico'doddell the starter of the committee. He's got more carries than anybody else, got more yards rushing, more touchdowns rushing, and more snaps played. And he's been the starter seven of nine games, and one of them he didn't start. He was ill, he wasn't active.
Speaker 6: And now everybody's like, he's been the starter since the second game of this.
Speaker 3: Rico's the starter. Well he's been starting, but I got I see headlines, I see the ticker reports or whatever on the stations, and everybody's like, oh, Ricos. And they ran over to Rico and said, hey, what does it feel like to be the starter?
Speaker 2: What can he say?
Speaker 3: It's just like we're yea.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of the season, it's been great.
Speaker 3: It's like, well we that start, Yes we are.
Speaker 2: We have nothing else to do. What did I tell you? This season was good. Everyone's going to be digging at Jerry the rest of this season, trying to get something, trying to get him vowed up when he goes, when he go off, and on one of the reporters a couple of weeks ago, that's the best thing ever happened to him.
Speaker 3: Okay, mandatory meeting. Reading this today, you got to read my column. I summarized the week. It hasn't been posted yet, all the stuff that's happened since they lost, or during the loss to the Eagles. Think about it.
Speaker 4: The Sun.
Speaker 3: Michael Parsons, which.
Speaker 6: Continues because oh yeah, what he said.
Speaker 3: What he said after the game, and then they asked Zach Martin, and someone teased Zach Martin responds to what Michael Parsons said, and Zach said, yeah, I got nothing to say about that.
Speaker 4: But it just Zach Muttin has nothing to say about that.
Speaker 13: It just us.
Speaker 3: And now we got to fight tonight at the stadium. Don't need it. Just it's just been the unbelievable week. You know, the Cowboys four game losing street. Houston's lost three of the last four in the last two straight.
Speaker 6: You know what the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask, did you watch last night?
Speaker 6: I was, I was working and it headed on and I was like, all of a sudden, a Washington lead turned into a twenty six to ten Philadelphia lead in the fourth quarter. And I looked at the box score today and Philadelphia ran for two hundred and twenty five yards.
Speaker 3: And they first half, Barkley bout ran for what the Cowboys held them to in the first half.
Speaker 6: Any wound up with one hundred and forty five rushing, one hundred and ninety five from scrimmage, and no was the Washington's got Okay, they have. Now they've lost two in a row. They've lost three of their last.
Speaker 3: Four because they played two teams with.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. They've lost two a row. If they had not completed a hail mary to beat Chicago, they would have lost three of their last four games. So they are sitting there right now.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 3: What are they seven and three? Seven and three?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: No, seven seven?
Speaker 5: They are seven and four right now. If they don't complete that hail mary against Chicago, they are a six and five football team right now.
Speaker 6: And now they've got a what appears to be in the rest of the way a relatively easy schedule.
Speaker 3: Well they should.
Speaker 6: They got the Cowboys twice, a three and six team. They got the Tennessee and New Orleans.
Speaker 4: I have a prediction they're going to lose in New Orleans.
Speaker 6: But they are not going to run the table against in those four games. Okay, And I have a prediction that the second half of the season, Washington's going to be one of those teams that comes back.
Speaker 4: To the Pack.
Speaker 6: Already started that the last couple of games.
Speaker 3: And you know who else is coming back to the pack just a little bit because the protection. Jayden Daniels not playing the way he had played early in the season. He's getting hit defenses.
Speaker 6: They're playing at left tackle. Brandon Coleman of TCU got uh. They had his number last night. Oh was it sweat that both of them sweat and Brandon Graham and by god, Awsome Richards didn't give up a sack of sweat. So I mean that roster is not conducive to a seventeen game schedule.
Speaker 3: And they're missing one of their defensive tackles. Uh, the other big guy in the middle, either Pain or Pain. I think Pain was Jonathan Allen. Allen's playing. Yeah, I think Philly just they did what they always he just wore them down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 6: Philly has the first half. Philly's roster right now is.
Speaker 4: Better. They believe, They believe in the long haul.
Speaker 2: They don't worry about what the first half looks like, second third quarter, They don't care.
Speaker 3: Because what was the seven to three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the three seven.
Speaker 6: Here's what's also happened with Here's what's also.
Speaker 12: And it should have been seven to three against the Cowboys, right. What's also going on in Philadelphia, excuse me, is their quarterback who they're paying top dollar two. He is on his second contract, not his third contract.
Speaker 6: And that is a huge difference in what the Cowboys salary cap is compared to the Eagles salary cap, because you've got a quarterback who's on his third contract here rather than a second contract, and so there's a lot of money that's already been extended and for some reason you have to deal with on your cap.
Speaker 3: McLaurin. McLaurin mclauren didn't catch a pass until.
Speaker 5: The two targets last night. Yeah, those Eagles corners are doing a job. A rookie that's playing very well. We got Darius Slay.
Speaker 4: Also, what's the guy with the hyphen name Joseph something Joseph. I'm gonna have it wrong, dB number, Johncy Gardner Johnson. Yeah, he's very good, talks a lot of trash. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Cooper Dejean, who's another rookie playing well for dB. So all right, we got our picks. No we don't. Oh, yes we do, Yes we do.
Speaker 4: We don't have a show on.
Speaker 3: I'm not prepared for this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well you're gonna have to get prepared because we got our picks and picks to click with mix shots brought to you by Miller Lite.
Speaker 6: Could gen use it? Evolve it?
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 3: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 10: Crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster tankuler comes in clutch.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 10: You can even get him with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com.
Speaker 3: Check it out today.
Speaker 10: YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Pruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: You want to stay at the team.
Speaker 2: Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk with me Everson Walls With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 6: Today, Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 4: What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates.
Speaker 14: Going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swacker Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cook, the America's team playing America's greatest sport Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: Tom Shuts.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Amanda Foster has been named You're a twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game.
Speaker 4: Vote for Amanda to be named the.
Speaker 2: Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: Did she have one of those Cowboys suits on like the guy last year had on when he was anointed the Fan of the How crazy was the suit? It was kind of white background with blue stars all over it, and the Cowboys had a hat. It was pretty extensive.
Speaker 5: Okay, any other notes that you need to pass along as this is our final preparation for Monday night football.
Speaker 6: Cowboys and Texans.
Speaker 3: I think we talked about this yesterday. The last three games in the second half, the Texans have scored nine points no touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Wow, what about our offense?
Speaker 3: Kind of the same?
Speaker 6: I thought, very similar.
Speaker 3: Although Stroud in ten games has been sacked thirty four times. He's on pace to be sacked fifty four times for the season.
Speaker 4: That's not a record, not close to a wrecord.
Speaker 3: No, I think somebody's gotten into.
Speaker 4: Two years ago. Somebody was really bad.
Speaker 6: I can't David Carr had the Speaking of Houston, Texans had the record for years with like sixty five.
Speaker 4: But was it somebody over seven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody did.
Speaker 4: That's what I remember. Somebody over seventy.
Speaker 3: Who's going to win the fight?
Speaker 4: Uh, Jake Paul.
Speaker 6: I guess I'll go with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jake Paul.
Speaker 6: And she's got him by thirty years or long.
Speaker 3: Man, if he does well this year old.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they made this. Well, you know what, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, thirty thirty one years old, listen than me.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a great fight. It's going to be so exciting.
Speaker 3: It's the event of the modern Yes, yes, I forget that. Well, they've sold fifty thousand and they're expecting seventy thousand people.
Speaker 4: There, and they're all Jake Paul followers.
Speaker 3: Probably. I mean, I bet the people don't even know who Mike Tyson is.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, I told you Julius Edelman didn't know who I was.
Speaker 6: What's his name again?
Speaker 3: He's still worried about that.
Speaker 4: What he said again, he didn't know who? What was his name again, Julius Element, Julian Juliet.
Speaker 6: You don't know his name either, I don't know all right, you're.
Speaker 4: Even I know him though he never heard of me. That's the difference.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if he had heard of you, he would call you.
Speaker 4: You got, which is what bon Jovi called me. That's very good.
Speaker 6: That's right, very good. Hey, we got an anniversary to what's the day today? The fifteenth, fifteenth tomorrow is the anniversary of the first Cowboys Monday night football game ever. It was fifty four years ago Tomorrow, November sixteenth, nineteen seventy. I was in attendance at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas when the Dallas Cowboys lost to the Saint Louis Cardinals thirty eight to nothing in the first ever Monday night football wow. And I remember in the fourth quarter of that game, they turned on the lights in the Monday Night Football booth and I guess it was well, I know Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith were in the booth in seventy seventy yep, and Cowboy fans started channing, we want Dandy, we want candy. So that was fifty four years ago tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And his response was absolutely not m He.
Speaker 4: Didn't want no more of that. He didn't want them more of the game, nor of his coach.
Speaker 5: Season turned out okay for the Cowboys. They went to the Super Bowl's I was going to say, and then they won the Super Bowl the following year.
Speaker 4: Wow, what the heck happened that night?
Speaker 6: See, ain't nothing nothing that's right. So in the meantime, the Cowboys have played in the regular season eighty five times on Monday Night Football, one time in the postseason, and they are fifty and thirty five all time on Monday Night and including the postseason, they've won four in a row on Monday Night Football. Well, so.
Speaker 3: They need to play more Monday Night football games. Ancient and having said that.
Speaker 4: Ancient history, jeez, it's time for our picks.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, Everson, I'm going to keep that first.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna keep that same You're nothing.
Speaker 2: If I did that, then I'm sorry. I'll probably say that we'd be on the bad end of that one. But no, I guess this. On this show, I always say what the Cowboys need to do to win. I guess with this team, I'm past saying, you know, they're just outright gonna win. This is what they need to do to win. I think the Cowboys need to run the ball. I think they can run the ball on this team, and they have to have the ability, just like the Eagles, to keep the mistakes down and just play solid defense. You don't have to be amazing, you don't have to play lights out football.
Speaker 4: You just have to win the game. Like the man say, you play to win the game.
Speaker 2: If the Cowboys can just keep it simple, Cooper Russ get on the roll like he did last year at four and one, look at the Cowboys to win the game.
Speaker 4: Twenty to sixteen. Woh, you know what.
Speaker 6: I made that same pick for CBS yesterday, Wow, twenty to sixteen, but I had the Texas Weddy.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, you're supposed to do that on this show. Twenty to sixteen Cowboys winning. Cooper Rush is going to have one touchdown pass close to two hundred yards. He's my pick to clip. I take that back.
Speaker 6: I did not pick twenty to sixteen. I went with twenty sixteen, and then I changed it to twenty to fifteen five Brandon Aubrey field to go.
Speaker 4: That was breaking out.
Speaker 6: That was CBS. I could have a different We're breaking.
Speaker 4: Out this game. The Cowboys are gonna score and we're gonna win.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna score a touchdown. They're going to score a touchdown at home. We're gonna win at home.
Speaker 3: You know this last time they scored a touchdown at home September twenty second.
Speaker 4: That was with that Yes.
Speaker 3: Too, Rico the third fourth quarter of the Baltimore game.
Speaker 6: No, you know you're you're you're thinking, you're thinking, you're thinking a deck to Rico in Atlanta. Yeah, No, we're talking home Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, double clutched it, laying on his back and the man bobbles it and.
Speaker 6: It actually was it turping. No, no, no, no, I'm saying on the last home touchdown.
Speaker 3: I believe it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, damn okay, Mike turn Yep.
Speaker 3: The losing starts stops right now.
Speaker 4: Didn't get didn't get it out. You're gonna make that one up.
Speaker 3: Taxans have lost three of their last four. Strouds quarterback rating over the last four games is sixty four point two. He's completed fifty four percent of his passes, tough, game, tough is time. Four in a row is enough, and they will win twenty two to twenty. Nice and you can figure out how you get to twenty two.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: We know he's going to be involved. Yes, that's that's will. He will be a shining hope there.
Speaker 3: And my pick to click is gonna be Ricododele starting running back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was che're gonna go for one hundred yards? Yes, said what from the line of scrimmage you made?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, I thought of yards rushing.
Speaker 3: No, he does from scrimmage. That's not good.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go right. That's what we got to deal with this year.
Speaker 6: He changed it to rushing.
Speaker 3: I changed rush.
Speaker 6: Well, come on, man, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: He had eighty, So I hope I'm right.
Speaker 6: No, No, I gave y'all an opportunity to change my mind, and we didn't. You did not. You did not give it convincing enough argument. So I'm going to stick with my CBS pick. And that means the pick to click is Brandon Aubrey with his five field goals. However, if if he can do what the Cowboys Monday, I think it was a Monday night game, Monday Night record when the switcher was the coach. Bonioll had seven get twenty one points in that game. They needed all twenty one to beat green Bay that day.
Speaker 4: Right, I saw him running around out there yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro careful, got Mike Wasting file fired after the season.
Speaker 6: Oistsick, wait, whoa whoa, whoa wait till you see thisysickause.
Speaker 3: He didn't like that Barry kicked the aut the last field goal to get boney Old the.
Speaker 6: Record because it was actually that was against green Bay.
Speaker 4: Right, he was over over using him? Is that what he did? The game was over?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness. I just I'm changing my pick. I am changing my pick. I had it twenty to fifteen.
Speaker 15: I'm changing my pick to Dallas twenty one, Houston twenty and Brandon Aubrey ties Chris Boniol's record of seven field goals in one Monday night football game.
Speaker 6: You know why I'm changing Why you change the bill because it was November.
Speaker 13: Nineteen ninety six when that happened, and it will be exactly twenty eight years to the day Monday is November eighteen four.
Speaker 4: His name the seventh.
Speaker 3: It was his name Bonio.
Speaker 4: So you want Bonio to come to the game after.
Speaker 6: That, he needs to. Yeah, you want to be the meeting player the game, that's right, just like you were going to meet Jake Ferguson after he got.
Speaker 4: And then, by the way, we didn't even mentioned that Jake whears eighty seven.
Speaker 6: And that's the whole reason why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we didn't mention that though I.
Speaker 6: Figure everyone knew, no, but that was not You just realized.
Speaker 1: That I did.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: I just realized that that was the whole reason I fixed Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 3: And then Aubrey's shoe will be in the Pro Football Hall of It right next.
Speaker 6: To I got to go change my CBS pick. Now it's the anniversary of Chris Bonios. I don't wonder if the Monday Night Football producers realize.
Speaker 4: That, No, Bill, they don't.
Speaker 6: They do now because Troy Yekman is a loyal listener to mix Shots, Well.
Speaker 4: Not true, I was.
Speaker 6: If you weren't sponsored by Miller Lite, Troy would be like his own beer.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, that does it.
Speaker 3: We got our picks in at twelve fifty.
Speaker 6: We did it, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, despite talking five minutes of swag.
Speaker 5: Yeah man, and about you for getting nails done. By the way, here's an update on the nail appointment. Never mind, Jordan, run the plan and we are going tomorrow. Now you're afree today anyway, that's cool, all right?
Speaker 3: Now, you know why I titled the show the other day free all.
Speaker 6: Right, and we will shout at you Tuesday at noon after a Cowboys twenty one twenty one over the Houston Tech.
Speaker 3: Let me know when you want me to sign your cap.
Speaker 4: Okay, go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.