Speaker 1: Hello, go, just welcome back to the Give Them Lhi La podcast. It is the bonus episode Happy Saint Patrick's Day. I'd be wearing I know tonight we will be getting buck wild. We're having Nick and Joe over to fix a nice Irish meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it? Corn beef and cabbage.
Speaker 1: Something like that, and then I'm making green drinks, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should make other stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't love corn beef and cabbage.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll make something else for I've always loved Saint Patti's Day, and usually, like back in the day, it was my best friend's birthday on Saint Patrick's Day, and we would go up to Park City and stay the night and just bar hop all of Main Street and have the grit greatest time of our lives. And we always went in the morning to the hotel and we would get a little bit buzzed and lay in the bed and watch like Lord of the Rings or like Harry Potter before we got ready for the night and would always order food to the room.
Speaker 2: That was my get.
Speaker 3: Ready, no matter if it's Saint Patti's Day or anything birthdays, yeah, anything that you were.
Speaker 2: Going to like it was an event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was my favorite by far, was like going even a staycation.
Speaker 2: You go downtown and check into your hotel at News.
Speaker 1: Vacations are the best and you just back in.
Speaker 2: The day, Yeah, you'd have a little cocktail.
Speaker 3: We'd go down to the bar and grab a drink and then go back up to the room and just chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have a TV.
Speaker 1: I know, do people get Saint Patrick's day off work or no, They're just going to work super hungover on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: No. I think they're just super hungover on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it's just like a known thing that everyone's going to feel that way.
Speaker 3: Back in the day when I was working in Utah, yeah, we we had like.
Speaker 2: A pot luck.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's fun, like green drinks and all of that, and then they would let us, like they let everyone go at like two so you could go and like be with your family, go and do whatever you wanted, and you were.
Speaker 2: Expected to be back on Tuesday. A paper want, paper want.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard to get to work when you're like hugging your porcelain front.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's even harder when you're just at work hugging your dusk, not even.
Speaker 1: Working, the point of even making people come in if they're not going like you actually don't have them come in and just don't pay wasting.
Speaker 3: Money there is Like that was what I would do if there was a drinking moment, I would look at my PTO.
Speaker 1: Right right, what's PTO paid time off?
Speaker 3: See you've never had a fucking real job PTO, babe, paid.
Speaker 2: Time I'm off. I know you guys know we love some PTL.
Speaker 1: Goddamn, that is so good, So I asked the podcast page. Yeah, it doesn't have to be on Saint Patty's Day, but when you think about Saint Patrick's Day, you think about getting wasted hammud, yeah, Hamma for sure, you're out cold, okay and puking green because they make everything green, right, The bread is green, the butter is green. I don't know if we should be consuming whatever dye that is, right, Yeah, but we do, and it's fine.
Speaker 2: We're all alive.
Speaker 3: And while here is the greatest is walking on the streets either night or next morning and just seeing green vomit everywhere.
Speaker 2: Repulsive.
Speaker 1: So I just asked, I'm like, what are your drunken stories? It doesn't have to be on Saint Patti's Day, because there's a lot of other days in the year to have funny shit happened.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna learn about our our pod in here.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, we are in college. Found out we had boys over the night before when we saw it on their story. The amount of times that I've woken up and been like wow, without this phone, I would have no recollection of what any fast night.
Speaker 2: That was my first thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know about anybody else, but like right when Instagram was like I mean it came out when I was in high school, but like when I was twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Heavily drinking and going out.
Speaker 3: The first thing I would do is wake up and go to Instagram and just tap through to see if I was on anyone's or.
Speaker 2: To see if I posted anything.
Speaker 1: Oh shame, the shame of the story and being like, oh, my voice is so annoying. I thought I looked so cute, and I look I was just drunk, ash shit, and like I thought I looked so cute that I actually saved the story to keep on my phone forever long ago.
Speaker 3: No good, I don't do that, but I know a lot of people will connect with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most chicks who use the filter. And then they're like singing and you think all is well, and then the next morning it.
Speaker 3: Is cringeing being sober and going to events where like drunk girls are like doing selfies. Yes, and they're drunk and you can just see it, and yes, I'm an eavesdropper. I'll look at the phone and to see them, and I know they're looking like I look so hot, and I'm like, you need to open your eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Drunk puppet. I know that looks. I had it a many.
Speaker 3: Times straight in the back and don't smile drunk It's like, what are you doing out here?
Speaker 1: The only thing worse than drunk girls thinking they look cute is drunk boys thinking they look cute.
Speaker 3: There is nothing worse, Suicey, No, there is nothing worse than seeing five dudes walking in a group to bars. They're all fucking horny and Eastern and they're horrible.
Speaker 1: Horrible humans. And college found out we had Oh I read that already. It's like this sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: I've read this chapter.
Speaker 1: My birthday's March sixteenth, so I have many of these lol, and one is we were doing a bar crawl and on the way to the car to go home, I had to pee and we were not going to make it back to a bar, so my husband was like, hey, just go pee in a bush, and since I can barely walk straight, he was supposed to help me as well. He ends up not helping much because while I am peeing in the bush by some apartments, I end up falling into the bush. So I'm just there laughing, crying, sitting in a bush full of re pea grass and my own pee. At least this is so gross. At least I make it home. He helps me shower and gives me a good birthday present that my neighbors probably heard me from the drunken oral pleasure I had received ten out of ten nights.
Speaker 2: Woof cookie monster? Is that guy? Oh boy?
Speaker 1: The fact that that whole experience got the two of you rebbed up enough to want to touch each other after, especially with your mouths, is wild.
Speaker 3: If I was like, you just fell in your pea, We're giving this forty eight hours of sanitation.
Speaker 1: Minimum, Yes minimum. You peed in a bush and then fell into the bush you were peeing in. I'm solid for a minute also out.
Speaker 3: Oh she did say that they went home and got cleaned up, so I guarantee when he got home. I don't know if he was sober, but he was like, all right, let's get every fucking It was.
Speaker 1: Her birthday, so she deserved it. I don't know. I kind of am into it. So one time at a work Christmas party, I drink a little too much. Last thing I remember is doing a shot the tipping point, No.
Speaker 2: Last one, no good. It's like the last roller coaster. You never get on it, no where.
Speaker 1: You're like, I could beat down right now, go home, Go home. It's one too many overserved. It's the tipping point. You're at the top of the mountain. Just stay right there. One more and you're off. Especially at a work party, I always worried about Well, I never really had a job, so I can't really eight pto here, but I can imagine that that would be a scary place to be where you get so wasted that you don't remember anything, and that is how you pay your bills. Is that job you just hope that everybody forgets.
Speaker 3: I will say I've been a part of Christmas parties, work events, and that's.
Speaker 2: Pretty much it. What do you mean they're.
Speaker 3: Getting hammered baby like all of my Like just to let you know, there was a stage. Yeah, and ten girls drunk. Okay, my Christmas party got up. Three of them fell off the back.
Speaker 1: Oh no were they Okay?
Speaker 2: They were fine.
Speaker 3: But everybody's just drinking. But work parties, you don't understand. Work is like family. Oh there more than you are with your family, okay, eight to five, nine to five, six, whatever it may be. I loved the people I worked with, right, it was like family. So like for me to get drunk with them, it was like, yeah, we're having fun, like it because you work with them, and so you're like, oh, we can't do And then you finally can go out and have drinks with like your friends and family.
Speaker 2: That you work with. It's like, I'm fucking going right, And if you're.
Speaker 1: That wasted, you're not doing it on your own unless you're me.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're rip roaring. Parties are wild, right, Ah, we should throw one with the two of us. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Then none of us drink.
Speaker 2: That's all sad.
Speaker 1: Not a one of us drink.
Speaker 2: We could have.
Speaker 1: I bought a shit ton of non alcoholic booze that What was that one?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: The zero?
Speaker 1: They're all zero? Oh, Hip zero, the champagne that we got at Anna Jack Hip zero. There's a fabulous alcohol Thai restaurant on Ventura called Ana Jack, and it is so spectacular. But they have a somalier who's also like top tier in non alcoholic wines, and he recommended this champagne called Hip zero. I could not find it at Benmo Bevmo. Good God. I tried to get Bevmo and Venmo into and it was like brute. It was dry, It gave you the bite.
Speaker 2: It was like drinking an actual champs Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is my most favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Like a bitter. I don't like a sweet like that tart.
Speaker 1: Like, don't give me a non alcoholic bottle of wine that makes me feel like I'm drinking Welch's grape juice. If I wanted Walches grape juice, I would drink it. I'm looking for something that is going to give me a placebo effect. Anyway, we should do that. We could throw a work party. One time I was drunk, I was confused why chicken nuggets were different shapes. Sounds like you were stoned.
Speaker 2: You were on something I would love to be on.
Speaker 1: No, but I can relate to that. When you go to McDonald's and the chicken nuggets are all different shapes and you're like, how did this happen?
Speaker 2: Really like high school smoking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm like that you were drunk thinking this. You also smoked joint right, Yeah, that's a high thought. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm having a thousand of them.
Speaker 1: Well, it does make sense though, why you would think, why are all of these chicken nuggets a different shape?
Speaker 2: Cutouts different? Oh my god, I felt high for a sec.
Speaker 1: I was drunk in a cab and threw up on my arm to.
Speaker 3: Avoid the fly.
Speaker 1: The fine of puking in a cab good aim. Can I tell you a disgusting story?
Speaker 2: I have one with you.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna say the airline because I relate to this. I was so wasted coming from Vegas back to LA and I couldn't get the puke bag out of the thing, so I just puked all over the floor. I was in the window seat, there was someone in the middle and on the end, and then I took out all the magazines and just put them put them on top of the puke and no one could uh track who was there because this was an airline that.
Speaker 2: You don't you pick your seat on board. Thank god, you're the reason why they're changing it. They're like, fuck, give these.
Speaker 1: People, it's happened so long ago.
Speaker 2: Oh well, obviously you've been sober for six years.
Speaker 1: Right, But it was I was. It's eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Ago that open. I wasn't drinking. Highly anxious.
Speaker 3: I was flying from Puerto Rico back home after a work thing and I was just like anxious because I was missing whatever it is. I got onto the plane still anxious. No throw up bag. I had to dump like I'm puking, dumping out my backpack on the floor. And then I threw up in my backpack. I know away, Oh I gave it to I walked it, gave it away.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I gave it to like the flight attendant.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, I couldn't make the bag, so I throw up in this if we can, and she was like yeah, so she took it to the back and then she was nice enough because I didn't have a fucking backpack anymore, and yull, my shit's out. She gave me like a delta.
Speaker 2: Like handbag all.
Speaker 3: My stuff in it, but that and I was in an uber drunk and I threw up into my hoodie and then I had it like that and then when I got out, I dumped it, took it off, through it away because I wanted to.
Speaker 2: I didn't want that fine, and just.
Speaker 1: Like that, I'm thrilled. I don't drink anymore.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are moments where I'm like, wow, it's great to not feel like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There are moments where I'm like, I could really really be down to feel that feeling. And then I start walking myself through the process and I'm like, I know how this story right.
Speaker 3: And someone told me something that's stuck with me. Tell me, and drinking is having today's and tomorrow's fun tonight.
Speaker 2: Wow, no, see, not happening now.
Speaker 3: And that stuck with me, And I'm like, cause it really is like you have number one, you don't remember anything. You're just having fun, I guess, and then your whole day is a hangover. Ugh, don't miss it.
Speaker 1: I can't even think about that. With kids, I would oh no, thank you. My favorite was a friend and I were so drunk she fell asleep half in half out the front door. I passed out on the stairs. My dad, who's a cop, hot up, dragged her in the house and left her in the foyer and me still on the stairs. Gangster. That dad, he's like, fuck this, He's.
Speaker 2: Like, I deal with you. Motherfucker's only reason.
Speaker 1: By the way, the only reason I'm pulling you into the house is because I could get robbed if the door stays open all night.
Speaker 2: And that's why you're in the foyer. I just pulled you in just enough to lock this door.
Speaker 1: Not for your benefit but for my for safety.
Speaker 2: In the home. And I love how like not a blanket was put on any of them. Yeah, you're here.
Speaker 1: You're here, You're safe. You know what, though, when I was a drinker and a stoner, I still could not go to bed without taking my face off. I probably passed out without being able to remove my face maybe twice. It gave me such anxiety. She even wasted.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I had to get in pajamas. I had to get cozy. Yeah, because you're already feeling like shit, and I'm gonna feel even worse if I wake up and I'm not cozy, Like I can't just pass out of my trip. That never happened to.
Speaker 3: Me seem like you know when you're with your friends and they just walk in the house and like crash on the couch, never hurt my teeth, brushed deodoran on, No, that's true.
Speaker 2: Wort's on for bed and then I can put myself to bed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if I wake up in the clothes that I just had an event in that, I have no idea what I did. I'm going to wake up in that men like in that mental exactly.
Speaker 1: Where even on the night that the night before I got fully sober, I was in the bath scrubbing the remnants off of my body that were going to remind me of that night. Yeah, I was definitely Even before I would smoke weed. I knew to bathe because I became one with the bet of the couch and I brushed my teeth even though I knew that I was getting prepared to have a muncha thon because I had the munchies so bad when I was stoned.
Speaker 3: Same, but that was my best thing to get home drunk, ash shit, get everything ready, brush my teeth, have my little snacks on my bed. Yeah, I'd the pen totally, and then I would just fall into his end the best.
Speaker 1: Slumber of life. Right dyed my hair blue because I was trying to do just a little piece of it. But then I rinsed it in the lake. Oh could you imagine.
Speaker 2: That's another trip to the salon.
Speaker 1: How would that work? I think you have to wear a cap, pull one strand through is what you would do for one piece of blue hair. I got drunk at a carry Underwood concert. Decided my seats were too far away, so I walked right down to the front row like I owned the place and plopped myself down. I couldn't figure out why there were so many seats open down there. Turns out it was for the season ticket holders of the venue. The guy in front of me turned around and said he knew these weren't my seats, but he would cover for me. I had to use the bathroom, so he offered to take me. So this guy sounds nice, so I'd be able to get back in. Turns out we got to use the fancy washrooms, and then he showed me the free buffet and open bar. So glad drunk Sam is so confident because I ended up having the best time. That guy sounds awesome and also I relate to that because this person is Sam.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm Yes, well that's.
Speaker 1: What I do. Yeah, And there are times where I think about like La La, especially drunk Lalla, and I'm like, she's a badass.
Speaker 2: When did I lose that when you put that at the bar?
Speaker 1: No, because I had it for a while after that, too, true, there's something I.
Speaker 2: Haven't lost it.
Speaker 3: I think you're just in a different headspace right now with kids and that will be back.
Speaker 1: But I relate. And by the way, so cool of that guy to be like, I know that these aren't your seats, but I just want to have a good time. What they're not your seats, but no one's sitting there, so no harm, no fun.
Speaker 3: She said there were a bunch of empty Yeah, it's wild to just and like she said, I acted like I own the place. If you walk in with confidence, yeah, no one really will say anything if you're looking around, like, are people like confidence speaks volumes? By the shit, they're gonna be like maybe that person sold the ticket to that girl. Y.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I don't know why. I always I'm you guys don't know this about me, But I am a rule follower.
Speaker 2: No, you. I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to get in trouble. I don't want the smoke. I just want to chill and live my best life. And I don't want someone to come down and tell me that I can't do something, because then I go oh and get away with it. Beat up my ex best friend's boyfriend for cheating on her. You're a badass, let's be friends. I drank so much one weekend. I slept until six pm that Sunday. That sounds so horrendous and so depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm no.
Speaker 1: I was beyond drunk at a WVU football game, amongst other antics that day, I ran up to a girl being wheeled out on a stretcher and leaped over her and proclaimed, looks like somebody's drunker than me.
Speaker 3: Wow, I really needed that too. And I bet the girl in the stretcher did?
Speaker 1: I bet the girl in this strutcher was incoherent? But I appreciate it. That's funny as shit. Oh and like, what were the people wheeling her out and doing? Like should we get too? It seems like this football game is getting a little out of hand. Yeah, but that's what football games are for. The tailgating of it all. There are certain days in Utah that I go back to and I'm like those days I knew it was going to be fun, tailgating for a Utah football game, Gay Pride, and Saint Patrick's Day. Those three days, I knew, today's the day. It's going to be on and poppin' and it's all going to happen during the like it's going to be a steady drunk throughout the day. Sometimes I couldn't handle it when it was just a night thing, Like back in Utah. If it was just night, I think I would overdo it and I'd be like whoa. Whereas if I started in the morning, it was kind of just like a.
Speaker 3: Nice ball and then when you got to that five or six you were almost kind of done drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're kind of like I had my buzz for the day. I want to start winding down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like during football season, it's like no, no, no, I don't do the like after party of things. I ran full speed into scaffolding and NYC and broke a rib. I was trying to catch a train public transportation.
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 1: And the hard thing when you're drunk is you don't.
Speaker 2: Feel that shit No, that's a tomorrow feel.
Speaker 1: One time I was so wasted and I was talking to this guy and he was like, you have to run off you're drunk. Like that's go out into the cool air and like, run it off. I go outside of Chandler's house in Foothill and I run. It's cold as fuck, full speed trip and fall. I still have scars, like dug out from my thumb, completely dig out the top of my toe. It was horrendous, horrendous, And you want to know who had to baby me was Dad?
Speaker 2: He was very good at that.
Speaker 1: I was so upset about the fact that I would just go outside and try to run really fast, being as drunk as I was.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not a sprint, it's like jog.
Speaker 1: I sprinted and ate shit hard. So I think that I'm glad that I'm sober. When I think about all of the things that I did when I was drinking, I'm like, you know what, this Saint Patty's Day. I'm okay with having a Heineken zero Diet Green.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Seeing everybody else get drunk is good enough for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's a few brands that I highly recommend for if you do have a busy, busy day. Come Tuesday. Heineken zero makes an excellent non alcoholic beer. Also Corona and Estella Artois.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just want to say being in the program, if you are in the program, or anything like that, or just be careful with Heineken zero because a.
Speaker 1: Lot of well a lot of people, it's a trigger for them. I'm talking about people who are totally normies, but they know that Tuesday morning. I'm happy that you did. Thank you for pointing that out. For those of you who are normies and you have a long day Tuesday where it's like they don't care that it's Saint Patty's Day, you know, you can still feel like you're participating.
Speaker 3: Wreck a beer and then have the Heinie zero, Yeah, and another beer, and now you're just you're in a great level field right.
Speaker 1: Now, You've got a great leveled out feeling. You guys. Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Please be safe, remember to uber or call a lyft or have a designated driver, have the best time and throw one back for me and t t y. Yep, Happy Saint Patty's Day. We're gonna catch you on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Bye.