Speaker 1: Coming up and Get Loud Podcast presented by Seat Geek, Michael Jinkins, Fred Smoot.
Speaker 2: We are gonna talk about the Bears. Yep, we're gonna talk about the greatest celebrity sports couples of all time. Oh, that's a lot of them, right, did jeez? Fred?
Speaker 1: We're gonna kind of go off on the rails out bubbles, bubbles.
Speaker 2: We noted that he's located in Florida, he has mental problems.
Speaker 1: He loved the flute, and he movedwalks. It's Michael Jackson's chimp. And yes, we will look ahead to the Falcons that's coming out now.
Speaker 2: You know what everyone?
Speaker 1: It is to Get Loud podcast presented by seat Geek, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. Before I say anything, we'll talk about this. You said this direct quote earlier today. This is a little bit of what we're gonna talk about. Do you know how hard it is to put a diaper on a monkey?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you really know how hard it is?
Speaker 2: My friend? Alright? Yes, it is a former owner of one. It is very hard because they fight and they scratch, and they don't want you to do it because the monkey ain't used to close.
Speaker 3: But but you have to understand if you.
Speaker 2: Own one, you have to put it on it because if you don't, he would throw finker matter at you. Miss. I can't wait to talk about this. That's coming up later in the five. That's just little tear sweaty.
Speaker 1: But you got all sorts of animal stories, so let's start with little wall since we talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bears commanders.
Speaker 3: That's another animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is one of those games where you just burn the film, right, No, you don't burn the film.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the one that you use it to build up character. You use it to say, you know what y'all know inside of this building. We were supposed to win this game. But we know in the NFL, any given Sunday a team had to show up, you have to play. It's thirty two teams in this league. All thirty two teams got a chance to beat you any given Sunday. So if you're Washington commander right now, you feel like you robbed yourself. You don't feel like they stole the game from you. You feel like you gave it to them. And can't we blame it on a short week because everybody gonna look for stuff to blame it on Yeah, yeah, short week, small turnaround, played the fifth quarter in Philly, Like that's one thing that'll get brought up. What about the fifth quarter? Maybe should have just tried to win an in regulation. But forget all their excuses. Come back circle the wagons, figure out what we're not doing well. Because defense, if I told you three months ago, hey, the offense is gonna be putting up thirty points, you just said, hey, we're five and oh. Because the defense was the anchor of their group. And that's the group right now that is trying to find their way. That's the group that need to figure out how can we get back to dominating games? How can and maybe to get back to dominate games, you need to shrink everything down. Yeah, let them play fast. I give them three or four plays and say, you know what, team, y'all gonna have to beat us doing what we do well. I think that's the difference.
Speaker 1: It certainly felt like, and even the Commanders players said this after the game.
Speaker 2: The Bears wanted it more. No, they did.
Speaker 1: They looked like it from the jump. That's why this game was not closed. So how do you flip things around and say, all right, we got our butts beat, let's go win.
Speaker 3: Play with the hairm Well, first.
Speaker 2: Of all, the ain't nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal. And the Bears came in here wounded. They hadn't won a game since last year, and we knew one week they gonna get off the snide. You just didn't want to be that team that they got off the snide with. And that's the thing about it. As the weeks go on, some team's gonna get better, some team's gonna go down into the dumps. Now, were at their crosshoads right now. Do you let the Chicago Bears win, I mean lost float over your head? Or do you just move forward because we're hitting that spot in the schedule where we get to determine our own faith. Yeap now, So I'm telling people now, don't get too high and too happy, don't get too low, stay right there in the middle, because that's where we're at right now. The mariage of lost three straight coming up a bat loss.
Speaker 1: So when things seem to be working against you, and that was a tough loss against the Eagles two weeks ago, So how do you reset.
Speaker 2: And not let that hangover affect you the next week, Well, we got short term memories. You have to, specially at the cornerback as a football player, because we got to turn the page because this week we got the focus. And then so and so and so and so. All of them gonna present different problems, all of them gonna different ways.
Speaker 3: We know this now.
Speaker 2: On defense in the NFL, if if one team finds some stuff that works for them.
Speaker 3: Every team gonna run it after that and you stop it.
Speaker 2: Well, we're in that whirlwind where we haven't stopped what they're running. Got we gotta find fixes. It's for us to pick up and go where we want to go right now, James.
Speaker 1: So one guy struggling is your guy. It's Michael Forbes, which is fine part of being the rookie. But what do you say to him and say, all right, we need to start over here. Let me talk you back into why we drafted you while.
Speaker 2: Were First of all, I want him to come down and what he needs to learn is he's so exceptional as an athlete. He used to be in college jumping around people, doing things at the cornerbay position. He has to learn how to protect himself through his play, even when of the double moves like he's gonna see double moves for the rest of the year until he's stopping like that means you need to half your body when you're going for the pick. You need to make sure I'm only doing it why protecting myself? But I got to half his body. Meaning if I'm going for the pick and they double moved me, he got to run through me. See he's trying to go around them to get the ball. If he used to doing that, No, you gotta protect yourself on the double move. Another thing he got to really get into because I had I understood this when I got here's one hundred and seventy pound corner. They're going to run the ball at the one hundred and seventy five pound corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's me. So what did I learn how to do?
Speaker 2: Stop? Talk? Sweet? I learned how to stop. I had three four techniques that I use. One that I used to literally take out running slide, drop to my knees, slide for three yards, jump up behind the tackle and make the play. Oh wow, I got so good that it became routine. I had another one where I would just start a pile. You're not going to turn my corner and if they do it, they keep running. They keep running. Soon if it doesn't work, they'll stop running at you. And then what he gonna find out? You stop guys time at the time, they'll stop doing other things and they'll have to switch it up on you. But he needs to understand they're gonna attack you the same way the last team attacked you until you show them that you fix that price.
Speaker 1: One thing that's killed this team over the past few weeks is the explosive play.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so how do they stop that? Well, first of all, it's nothing wrong with giving up it's supposed to play because they're gonna happen. The thing is, don't give up touchdowns. Force them to kick field goals after you give up a fifty yard pass, Force them to kick field goals when you give up a seventy yard run. Tackle to them. Live to play another day. But I'm disappointed with this defense. Not the big plays. Red zone defense. We were so good in the red zone last year. Red zone defense is what changes the game. If a team drives for successful drives back to back on you and only get three they only got twelve points jinks. Yeah, we two touchdowns away from being this team and they've dominated us, like that's what you have to do, being but don't break And that's what we have to do. And on the back end, I want to see them protect each other. I want to see them play for each other. I want to see them be one unit. That's what we had with individual breakdowns. Yeah, yes, me, Shun Shun Taylor, all of us. We could look at each other and change plays. They have to get on that level where it's none vertibal communication. That means you're on the same way ling. You are one organism. Until they become one organism, they're gonna be individual entities. That's not going to get the job done football. I was told this by Art Munk. Okay, football families win championship, football players get paid. It's a difference. I want to be part of a family. That's the way it goes because your fight for remembers your family well. And also when you're part of a football family, it's gonna be history there. Like I envy watching b Mitch and all other guys get back together knowing that they went got a ring together, knowing that they had a voice, that they started something and they finished it together. You could never rip that from them. So every time we around when alumni come back, I don't even chier.
Speaker 3: With the two thousands.
Speaker 2: I do cheer with the seventies, the eighties, in the nineties because they are winners. I want to be around them. They always smiling, while we always here with this cloud over our head because we ain't won nothing, and we have no excuse because I we had the same head coach they did and coach Gibbs aka the Joseph.
Speaker 1: That's why Doc stars walking around with cigar. He's still celebrating the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Listen, because that's the punacle if you want to get, if you want to be a part of that one percent, they get to play in the NFL where if you want to be part of the one percent.
Speaker 3: They get to see the top of it, the grace.
Speaker 2: At one point, you're gonna have to have a football family. And that's what Doc Walker got. That's what they got. They got a unity. They are bound together through history. Forever you go out in the hallway out there, their pictures up, not ours, not the guy that you know what they did. Okay, these are the upper excellent guys.
Speaker 3: That's what you like.
Speaker 1: We're getting trade for the Falcons coming up later on here on the pod. Wanted to go around the NFL a little bit. At the very least Cowboys took.
Speaker 2: A huge did they think, hey, listen to me, and then it's happening on national TV because that's all they play is national TV games. But they they talked where's the balance of power in the NFC East? And the forty nine ers just outclashed them in every way possible. And then I looked at the rosters and I said, you know what the forty nine ers got got could have the best roster in foot They look like the best. And HIC coulda think about it also, And then I looked at it, and we are built exactly in their image. I think about it. Bosa in that D line, Hard Grove, all those guys, they're built from the inside out. We got chased, we got John Allen, we got pain, we got sweat. We'll built the same way. They have a Mistrailervant their quarterback, last pick of the draft. We have a fifth rounder, uh and Sam Howe. They are built to run the ball, b Rob, We are built to run the ball. They have Brandon I you, we got Terry mcloin, right, They got Deebo Samuels. We we got got we are built, yes, in their image. We got to put it together like they have not the only thing they got on us, it's something we used to have. And that's a trend Williams, which don't grow on tree. Trent Jiff, He's just different.
Speaker 3: So think about this.
Speaker 2: They have a top five player in like ten positions. Fred Warner could be the best linebacker in football with Greenlaw sitting right beside him, could be the number three linebacker. Like they have Trent the number one lineman in football. They had Christ McCaffrey the number one running back. They have Tufunga the number one safety. They have Bosa the highest wave. Even though they have guys everywhere. But what we see from the Cowboys is what I always see from the Cowboys. They shrink when they move like come home. They they just can't put it together in I'm gonna tell people here go the truth. Look at their roster compared to the forty nine ers. All the guys that the forty nine ers pay in the top five.
Speaker 3: They produce top five.
Speaker 2: Right, Lawrence played like a top five defensive line do he produced like a top five defensive line. Tyn Smith paid like a top five offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: He ain't ever available. All right, that top five pay like an reception problem. Again, he paid like a top five quarterback. Does it produce like a top five quarterback?
Speaker 2: Trey bun dig paid is the highest paid corner He ain't available at this moment. There, guys are not how should I say, not putting the stats together, not putting it on film like the forty nine ers. So everything I can say about this is coaching. If you got the Jimmy and the Joe's, now become about the exes and the o's. And I think Shanahan is drawing the exes in the o's better than the thing that's going on with the Cowboys. I could not agree with you more.
Speaker 1: All Right, one game yesterday that we need to talk about is Vikings and Chiefs because of who did not attend the game.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's pay some bills real quick.
Speaker 1: Who who to notch up thankfully over it? Yeah, let's talk about Honda. Yeah you gotta stay with us. Oh come on, yeah, you got to feel the power of the CIV hybrid and account word hybrid. Hondra's supposed to electrified vehicles, yet find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUV's and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged as UV ever, experience and thrilling performance and.
Speaker 2: Funded drive Honda Civic. You don't want the regular Honda Civic, don't worry about it. You get a terrible charged engine.
Speaker 1: If you wanted power performance, ruggedness with Honda, find.
Speaker 2: The Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. And that's how professionals do it. That's how we do This is who you are, James. I appreciate you. Crying man. Great guy, great guy. I don't believe what they say about I'm not I'm not gonna read the comments. Please don't. It doesn't matter. That's why it's good to be a cornerback. Yes, because you asked me about Forbes. He is built in the middle way that he understands they love us and they hate us. I can go four quarters with random Moss and shit him down. He beat me on the last player of the game. I am the worst cornerback ever to play the game. It's a love hate relationship that nobody else in sports deal with like a defensive back. It's one of those things where you walk out, you walk in the stadium, they all ninety thousand live, you walk out of there, nobody but your mommy and your girlfriend. Like, it's one of those things where people looking at you say, you cost me five hundred dollars because I went in to bed. How about the other guys left right that was on the field with me? I what about the coach? Like, It's one of them things if you cannot take the heat. This ain't the kitchen you on for. You're making me more confident you're sitting next to you. I'm just telling you. It's just one of them things. You can't ever and I'm very good at it. Yeah, verbal, you can't verbal spot with me and think you're gonna hurt me, Right, you can't. Hey, if I have feelings, you can hurt them.
Speaker 3: I ain't got none. I ain't got none.
Speaker 2: You don't make them no feelings, you don't make them available, then nobody can push your butt. Love that one more? One more out here They're gonna get to this next topic.
Speaker 1: Recycle track systems absolutely transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium come hustomer service. They optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep.
Speaker 2: Our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Yep, I know you love that.
Speaker 1: Visten arts dot com to learn more about how they can help manage your business waste more responsibly.
Speaker 2: Yep. That's all it's about. Let's take care of the Earth. We need an earth to leave an earth for our children, no question, that's what it's about. I'm one of those guys. That's why I was disappointed a couple of months ago when nobody talked about a media right here in the moon. Oh I missed that? Did you not see that? No, A meaning right just exploded into the moon.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about look like ten atomic bombs.
Speaker 2: Listen, pul like this. Okay, we know we have protections in order to protect the earth. Correct, So for me, the wrters coming, We're gonna try to blow it up, all right, dude, No, we're gonna do. We're gonna try to blow it up. We might send some drillers from Texas to try to blow it up. Matthew McConaughey, take this out. We got to see matthe McConaughey's face. Okay, okay, next, why wouldn't we, with that same protection, fucker protect the moon Because with dot the moon, you're talking about tied, you're talking about grabbing it, being affected. We gotta protect the moon just like we gotta protect the Earth. That's the first time I've ever heard someone say protect the moon. But you're right, because the moon get no love, Like the Sun gets everything right, but the moon gets nothing, and it got a big part of why we are here on this earth. The moon needs some love. We need to protect. You want to preview the falcons to talk about Bubbles. First, let's talk about Bubbles. I know you're gonna say that, So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You know, Michael Jackson, remember Bubbles, his chimp, his baby chimp.
Speaker 2: You know, Bubbles Jackson. Bubbus Jackson was the first emotional animal. He started to jumper, you know, because I be walking in I'll be walking in the groce store and somebody be like, yeah, like this parrot on my shoulder because I need him for emotional well being. I'm like, my god, well that used to be Bubbles. Yes, Bubbles started it. Mister Bubbles Jackson and Mebus Jackson, that's his name. Then guess what we were good to see where he was today? And wouldn't you believe he's alive? Listen, Not only is he alive, he got a gray beard. He looked like he foded like a whole family. He's huge.
Speaker 3: Listen, like he been.
Speaker 2: On the couch watching the marvel like at least the last fifteen years. Bubbles was born in nineteen eighty three. Now I don't keep up with the life expectancy of chimps. But it's twenty twenty three and Bubbles is still kicking it. I wish he could tell us stories.
Speaker 1: Eddie Murphy tells a story. He went to visit Neverland. Yeah, and he walks in and all of a sudden he looks and Bubbles is huge in the cage, and Michael Jackson says, stay away from Bubbles.
Speaker 2: He's huge in me.
Speaker 1: Now that's Bubbles, stay away.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of air of precious. By the way, Bubbles, could you go get us? While I was sitting here with Eddie, listen, I could only wonder the stories that this man got.
Speaker 3: But I also listen, Bubbles to me, bubllus, Okay, what other.
Speaker 2: We have nobody to compare him to. It's a chimp. But I'm just saying, Father STARp power, Could he be the most popular animal on earth? Yes? Can we think of another one? He was born in nineteen eighty three and we are looking him up today in twenty twenty three. Why should we even know the year he was born. I got cousins. I don't know the year they was born. Like, listen to me. We're talking about a chimp that's been to the Grammys.
Speaker 3: We're talking about a chimp that been to Singapore.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the chimp passport got more stamps than ours. We talked about a chimp that probably know sigling, that's probably only eight breakfast? What's that? Bubbles? Bubbles is hungry? Do you need any more pancakes? But listen, he just signed it. He's lived such a life, Like all right, I know people think we joke it.
Speaker 3: I am dead serious.
Speaker 1: What were you saying earlier about how the other chimps probably like don't like Bubbles, he's not one of them, Because you said he's at a zoom.
Speaker 2: Some sort of conservatory or something like that. Bat you're walking in and you bubba Jackson and you a regular chip back there, like, we're not dealing with this dude, sail Out. This dude don't know what it feels like the climb a tree and get it banana. This dude don't know how it is to survive.
Speaker 3: I've been picking fleas. I will it back.
Speaker 2: But in the last ten years and here come Bubble here with a pair of polo shorts.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? They hate Bubbles.
Speaker 2: They're like, you know his real name is in Bubbles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the real name Augustine.
Speaker 2: He's just a nickname, Sailout.
Speaker 3: You know how I be.
Speaker 2: I have went home after you, Like, if you get a certain standard, I go home then like yeah, man, you don't even say I'm just saying you're a sellout. So I know Bubba had to go through this when they put him back in population. See the thing is they put him back in Jim Pop. It is the first thing I want to know. They gotta put Bubbles in solitary. Man, protect him.
Speaker 3: Because did you know they have to?
Speaker 2: Right, That's the thing about it. And imagine being a chimp. He comes in the room and your girl there, she know who Bubbles is.
Speaker 3: He's the only one being on TV.
Speaker 2: Besides, I used to watch Dukes of Hazard had cannon Ball run. Oh yeah, you remember that there was a ranger tang. Okay, yes, it's a difference. It was a ring of tang, and that he wasn't popular like Bubbles.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they need to do a documentary and let Bubbles talk about what he said.
Speaker 2: He'd be smoking a cigarette. Yeah, life being kind of hard. Yeah, Mike was cool at first. Yeah, but I got tired of hanging around his neck all the time. Yeah. And I went on The Thriller two and things got kind of crazy out there. You know what I'm saying. But I too owned the monkey. This is true, This is very true. Okay, all right. It happened because I had a friend named Laarn Landry. This goes back to Lauran again. Yes again did he looked aways with that he lived? His monkey was totally the it in my look like me and walking in we had left in years his monkey just in mind. See here go think about it. He called me said, I know an exotic anima sell it in Louise Ella. Okay. He was like, I'm gonna get a monkey. I was like, okay, what kind of monkey. He was like Jack Sparrow, put on your shoulder type mon Yeah, get too big. So I'm like, okay, I do it. I have an own number of dogs in my life. Why not try something different. We buy the monkeys, get them shipped up. I named mine mister Lewis, mister Lewis Bauton. That what's his name, Lewis Baton, mister Lewis mis not just Lewis. He had a certain mister Lewis and mister mister now Laurn named his the Gucci mame there was. So we got Lewis and we got Gucci. We used to let him play. We used to have play dates and stuff. Wait, man, let me get this trap.
Speaker 1: You and Laron Landry used to have playdates with the two chimps that you bought.
Speaker 3: Don't people do it with dogs?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess, Oh, this is a crazy story. It ain't like I knew my neighbor didn't have a monkey that Lewis could play with. I had to call the on the other person with a monkey that I knew, Like, hey, all right, mockey, look kind of bored. You want to get them together? Let them play a little PlayStation or something like listen. I just want them to have fun, to have a life. So we used to get them and we put out these cages in our house. You get a wall, you go like six feet away from the wall, and you put just a cage in it. You put the sticks and stuff in there.
Speaker 3: So I just put mine in there naturally.
Speaker 2: But then I noticed droppings finker matter just dropping hitting the floor.
Speaker 3: So I called him, what we're gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, man, you got to put a dipe on them. Now. Imagine twenty three year old friend smooth walking into PetSmart looking for monkey diapers. This is different, sir, you're looking for a monkey diapers. I ain't. Those would be special orders, thank you. So going around all these places, nobody got diapers. So for the first two days I did.
Speaker 3: So the first two days I use Huggies. I used regular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would cut like a hole in the backup for the tail because listen, this is crazy to me. Listen. I had to because if you don't, it grabs it in it throwing at you. You imagine me opening my door and here come mister Lewis. Just I like, did you eat corn?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 3: What happened, But like what's going on?
Speaker 2: I should not have to defend myself from a monkey in my house.
Speaker 3: So when I.
Speaker 2: Finally got it, I used to, I got the pampers and stuff would put him on, but he would just not. He would mister Lewis was not letting me put the pamples on the right, so he always had one with a tear in it on the side. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: When you were cutting a hole in a pamper's diaper for a monkey tail, did you think maybe I made a mistake here?
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought I had made a mistake because I love banana's myself. But now I ain't got nothing in the house. Its true. He and then see I let him run around a little bit, especially like he was the bathroom. I let him cage, let him run. He gonna go straight to the kitchen table, straight to the fruit bowl, straight to the bananas. Genetically contact it to him. They want them. So I kept him for about four weeks, five weeks before I had to shipp him back. I found out then I'm not Michael Jackson. I cannot raise this thing along. This is this is this, this needs two parents. This should be a two parent home, and I couldn't give it to him at that time. So at the end of the day I sent them back. While the rud kept here for like a year and a half year or two. He has actually got pretty big. I could get bigger than you think. And that's smarter than you think. I found myself late night watching film up the Dallas Cowboys talking.
Speaker 3: To a monkey.
Speaker 2: I'm literally watching feel did you see that? Did you just see what? Did he over? The thumbs over here? Listen? It was downhill for me. That was a dark time in my life. Oh man, I'm sorry you went through that dark time in my life. Bill one more time? Yes, the preview the Falcons.
Speaker 1: If you have a pet monkey, you could travel around with that monkey in a Honda film. The Power of this CRV Hybrid and Accord Hybrid Hondra's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport. You could transport multiple monkeys in that thing. It's huge, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experienced the thrilling performance of the fun to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charted engine. You get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today and we have some breaking news for you.
Speaker 2: Remember that back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Seat Geek now the official ticketing partner of your Washington Commanders. The deal is finalized. They are the newest member of the Commander's family. Talk about family, how important it is.
Speaker 2: It's everything.
Speaker 1: It's Deron Paint, It's John Allen, Manuel Forbes, seet Geek family.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it.
Speaker 1: Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commanders games or any other live event in the d NV, Seat Geek is the place to do it. The new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders, so Commanders fans can fan.
Speaker 2: I wish would have happened if I would have called Michael and be like, hey, I got mister Lewis over here. He wants to talk to Bubble. We need to have like a Bubbles Jacks. They would have signed to each other. You got together with him, well, I think I think if you, Michael Jackson, I'm thinking he probably did teach you, I mean, get get his monkey talked sign language. Don't you think if anybody gonna like Michael was a weird cat. We know he's a weird cat, So does anybody that did it? Like if if you.
Speaker 1: Said what famous pop singer taught his chump sign language and be like probably Michael jack Probably Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: I just love it if Bubba's Jackson walked in here, like, yeah, sien language, give me a cigarette, Like, what's wrong with this? Dude? Listen? I just have so many questions about Bubbas Jackson.
Speaker 3: Like when you brought it up this morning, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, dude, I could go down this rabbit hole for like ever, and I'm just shocked that he's still living and he got a great beard, like he knows that beard's then yeah, like he's rocking a great I'm taking back. You know who does not needy love? She gets plenty of love. Taylor Swift. I'm so over. I'm so over. She's taken over the NF Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So she was not not in Minneapolis this weekend. Yes, she's got to win over the Vikings. She and Travis Kelsey is still a thing. But we're not gonna go into that. I's gonna talk about plenty, but we did want to talk about best celebrity sports couples of all.
Speaker 2: Time, of all time, all right, right now, even though Travis and Taylor TT what I call him, you call her t t I call Travis.
Speaker 4: Oh together, Okay, okay, okay, she is so damn big that I just.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you meant physically. I was like, yeah, yeah, I mean like, yes, sar oh, she's yeah, she's mass. Star power is massive. So then I started to think about couples. I was like, maybe I'm caught into the now that I can't appreciate what these couples used to be. They could be the biggest sports couple of all time. They only been together two weeks, three weeks from what we know publicly. But now, if you had to put some couples up to them, of all time, what couples would it be?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously Russ and Sierra right there, but of all times, Gabriel Union d Wade, Gabriel Union.
Speaker 2: D Wade most definitely a power couple, because we're talking about people that become independently popular these yes then combined forces like boul Truck. That's what we're talking about. So d Wade Gabriel Union. They not big like Swift and Travis. They not on that level. Like I had to take it back to like Flow Model TVs and like oh, Black and White TV, Marilyn Monroe, Luke Garritt, Lou Garrett huge like a right, Marilyn Monroe, Taylor Swift, that's tough, come on, because there's something different about a movie star.
Speaker 3: But Taylor Swift is a star stars.
Speaker 1: Malon Moroe is messing around with the president.
Speaker 2: I understand, yes, yes, but what I'm saying is Taylor Swift is okay.
Speaker 1: But think about it to this day making movies about Maryland. When you think about the greatest Hollywood starlets of all time, Maryland is still near the top.
Speaker 2: But Taylor is one of the biggest stars of all time. She is.
Speaker 1: But also it's because we're living in the now. And also think about this. Yeah, Malon Moroe with the biggest baseball player on the plane.
Speaker 2: And by the way, back in the day, baseball was the number one sport in America. It wasn't close and she had no Internet. She did this pre it is where she was the most popular woman I did. So we did the two ladies against each other lou garyt versus Travick Hills. Oh it's Luke Garrick all right, So is it easy to say lou Gary Marilyn Monroe bigger because I get an edge. Okay, here's what I'll say.
Speaker 1: If this is this is, this is gonna be the tiebreaker. If Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift last, I'll give them the edge till the day like he died, Gary would go to Marilyn Monroe's grave, Yes, flowers on her grave like he loved her forever. That was a real, real relation.
Speaker 2: When no funny being is about it. Right, But when I put male against male, female against female, we can go a wash with with marily Monroe. Yes, Swift, but Luke Garrett just bigger than than Travis. You know that this is an internet world that we in. He just totally bigger. But j Lo Alice Rodriguez, Yo, that's huge. Now, Alex star power has waned over the years because of all you know, all the bs, but Jlo is internationally known to rock the microphone. I'm just saying that a rod the prince that was promised this. So if I had to stack him, Travis Kelcey Alice Rodriguez. Okay, who is the who is the biggest star? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, here's the thing we're talking about world world Baseball is a world That's the thing is that it's still a Rod because baseball is a world sport. And look, Travis Kelcey is a monster, right this this whole Oh, Taylor made Travis.
Speaker 2: That never happened.
Speaker 1: We all know Travis been a stud for a long time.
Speaker 2: We all know that.
Speaker 1: But baseball is a world sport. A Rod the world over is definitely.
Speaker 2: More well known. All right, j Low Taylor.
Speaker 1: I mean it's Taylor, right, it's but but I think they can equal to him, They could do something.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's one of them groups. Well, what about the Beckhams. Beckhams, what about the Becams? Now it's monsters. Oh David Becka, did you see that thing on Netflix? That clip? I did, But you know what it ain't but like five men in this world, if I'm dating a girl, I never want them in the same room with them. David Becka, one of them. I don't. I don't. I don't even want to eat dinner in the same places. I mean a steak I'm gonna get up till come on, girl, go what's wrong? David in the house. Listen to me. I don't want them around the rock. Don't you ever come around? Well, I'm at me and.
Speaker 3: My girl and get what.
Speaker 2: I got all the sweater in the world. But sometimes, you know, Jakes something think about this. Okay, me and you out of the bar, all right, having a drink, just catching Okay, your girl called you on the phone and say, you know what, the rock just walked in the restaurant. Get out and get out.
Speaker 3: Get listen, Jordan Peel, get out.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, girl, you got three minutes to get out of there, get your food, get.
Speaker 3: Your girlfriends, get out of there.
Speaker 2: That is just a few men, and I think Travis is starting the enter that zone of a you know, don't don't don't leave your girl around time a few years ago.
Speaker 1: This is true when Beckham played for the Galaxy came to DC to play DC United, and so there was an official David Beckham after party Star. So I was with a friend of mine and we went to this official after party.
Speaker 2: She leans over, she goes, do you want to go to the real after party? And I was like yeah, She goes, let's go.
Speaker 1: So Beckham showed up, made an appearance, and then we go to some really small upstairs bar in DuPont Circle.
Speaker 2: And there's only like eight or nine people there.
Speaker 1: There's a small, little roped off area, huge spread, there's nobody's there. Beckham walks in with like two or three dudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I walked. I didn't say anying. I'm like, i'mnna leave this guy long? Did did you miss? I was like, that is a handsome looking guy, right. Sometimes you gotta, oh my god, sometimes you gotta just just kind of nod. I was like, you know, I'm just kind of nodding, and I was just like, let the man do his thing.
Speaker 1: God, he goes into this rope, didn't stayed about thirty minutes. But the crazy thing was, he has a couple of drinks this with his boys. He leaves and there's.
Speaker 2: This whole spread. So we just slipped right in and we ate and drank the rest of the night for free. Did it still smell like David Beckam? I was like, I've never smelled this good of my life over there. Ever, Hey, I totally get it. What about Tony Romo and Jessica Jessica Simpson back in the day, they were pretty big.
Speaker 1: But see the reason why they faded is that weren't they just kind of like a flash in the pan.
Speaker 2: No, they was actually chilling. You remember they went on their vacation. You remember they went during the year, went on their vacation. It became so big, did it blew everything got the water? So I think they just and Tony kind of a playboy, But that's what happened when you're the quarterback for the Dallas time. Come on, it's the Dallas Cowboys quarterback in the picture for the New York Yankees. Like they are some of the most popular people in the world. But I'm like, if we go down this rabbit hole trying to find sports couples, I would have thought there'd been a billion sports couples that could least compete with the two that we're talking about. I think those two are the ones to go with right there. Justin Verland and Kate Upton. That's another good one there. Jasel, that's got to be mentioned right well. Jazell is worldly known, absolutely worldly on and Tom is the goat because so if I had to go Travis Kelsey, Tom Brady, Tom Wins, Yes, Gisel Taylor. I mean that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: So that's why I think I don't know, probably Taylor. I mean she's she's just massive.
Speaker 2: Right now, I understand. But then you can't let let the now. Don't get trapped, Yeah, you can't get trapped in now. It's exactly right. Like so I'm just saying, like world couples right now, if Tom and Josel did just say Hypothek they was back together. Walk in the building on the north side, Yeah, Taylor, Travis, walk in the south side. I'm going to see Tom and Jozelle.
Speaker 3: That's where you're going.
Speaker 1: Yes, why because Tom the goat? Tom is the goat, and also Giselle is Giselle.
Speaker 2: I think it. Here's the thing, this was a like she got an attitude, don't she Like she would walk in and be like, where's the great poupon? I would never have used this regular mustard, Like don't she like swim? Look like she just kind of down the earth girl next door? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where Jaselle walks in and she got this this queen offect.
Speaker 2: Well, she does carry herself in that way. She's a model. Yeah, she can't hit Like listen, I saw her. We had did something for Super Bowl. Happened to be one of the Super Bowl that Tom won in, you know, and she walked in and she won't walking. She was glad. I thought that somewhere. I thought she had wheels on her feet. She knows how to carry herself. It was so just how should I say this?
Speaker 3: It had this allure to it was crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got to pay.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you in and we are gonna talk about falcons and then one other animals be where we got to get to got a lot of store.
Speaker 3: No, that's the problem of our podcast. Too short, Yes, Dash the problem.
Speaker 2: We need to have the podcasts after Dark edition where we really get down to get loud. Podcast is brought to you by Bet three six five, the official sports being partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets. With Bet three six five app, craft your own Person's lives, bet slip and Parlais, access thousands of games with live screaming. Place your bet before the match, are doing the game, It's up to you. Download Bet three sixty five app today. Join eighty million members world wide. H twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia gambling problem called the text one eight hundred gambler. Mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. We dream of a place anywhere in the world, and in the blink of oury we're there. That's a wonder of a flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dullis International Airport. Let your imagination sore, book your adventure today at flight Dullis dot com. Slash NonStop man knock those out. You know, English class and mistake. You know I was there. Commanders, fans are gonna age like bubbles.
Speaker 1: We don't get a dub if we need a dub, all right, we need a dub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what primarily do you want to see this week in Atlanta? I just want to tell this to the to the players, all right, to the coaches. This game not only mean a lot for the fan base, it mean a lot for me. Max wife, that's an Atlanta Falcons fan. Oh, I get it. Today we got a divorce. She told me I was never a Washington fan. She took that out. I always been a Falcon. Then, It's just it's been one of these things where we've been she's been a war. There's a lot. The whole time, it was a lie. And now I take pride because for some reason, we play the Falcons every year, every year, and that's my time to one up us. So I get to text her with all these laughing and jokes and Moji's not going good down there, I see. I get to say all kinds of stuff, Falcons being the Falcons. You know, I need this one. I can building inside of you. I need this one. I don't want to receive a text at four or fifteen because she don't let us. She goes. She got she got like, she got seasons tickets, She's totally into. Oh she's in takes my daughter all the time, but my daughter fights back because she wears Washington stuff. There we go, Thank you, I love you.
Speaker 3: But this is personal.
Speaker 2: Not only do we need it to turn the season around, we need it as a measuring stick to where are we. Yes, Falcons are good team, don't get it twisted, but we're better. Let's go down, let's beat them, Let's push it to the side. I want to see them emotionally invested to the game. Yeah, I understand you had little energy coming off with Thursday night game. Thursday nights are hard, man. I try to tell people our time. It ain't the fact that we're slow, our body ain't healed. That it's hard to play hurting when you're already hurting. Like it's when they gave me it's Filly was physical and it was physical. Yeah, like they are part of the one percent. They get to play this game. So at the end of the day, no excuses this week, circle the wagons. Let's get back to what makes it happen. So how much does it help that?
Speaker 1: All right, you had a short week, but now you get a break to kind of get got their long weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the perk of Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Not only do you get a three day weekend, you get to sit out on a Saturday and just watch college football. You get to watch your peers on Sunday. That's the most important thing. Ain't nothing like being in the league and watching your peers. That will make Monday night so good Monday night. You know you're the only showing time.
Speaker 3: All the rest us watching you. Yeah, you become stars that way.
Speaker 2: When we watch each other, we study each other. Oh that's what they running. I'm watching the TV very That's what they do, and that's what they comfortable because now you get to see it from a whole nother different when you inside the Beast and outside the Beast Washington. So hopefully they refreshed, Yeah, and they ready to go. Like all I want to see is don't make the same mistakes you made last week. That's all I asked for any team because I know personally how hard football is. So I hate those Sunday couch coaches that sit there on their couches. Ah, you should have did that. You don't know.
Speaker 3: We should have did and until we failed.
Speaker 2: That's the way it go. It's one of the things trial in the era.
Speaker 1: So when you look at this this Falcons team, they seem preddy one dimension. They have plenty of weapons, but Desmond Rider isn't great at throwing the ball, so yet not yet.
Speaker 2: You think he will be. I think he will be. I think he can throw the ball. I just think the coaching staff is trying to protect him from himself. I think B John Robinson could I mean, B Jon's no joke. He's God's gift the running backs right now, Jered, they still got him in the backfield. Rest for a thousand y ass. Kyle Pitts is the one I'm shocked about. When he came out, I thought he was gonna change. Oh yeah, the type. He's not putting up a lot of numbers down there, and I'm wondering why, especially with a quarterback that's young. Usually your tight end is your safety val. But I'm not seeing them with any kind of connection in Drake London. Don't forget they got a six five wires, So that's what I'm saying. They have weapons. Yes, we can't let those weapons get warm against us, right, That's the thing about it. People have kept them stagnant, forcing them to run the ball. You know, they're finna try to ground it out. They're finna try to pound it, They're finna try to slop it the game up, murder the game up, and they trying to shorten it. You can't let them do it. You gotta keep them in third and loans, keep them in third and loans and force rider to beat you. That's what we have to do.
Speaker 1: Finally, when you've had a rough one like this and your confidence is lord. I mentioned this early show talking about Emmanuel Forbes Company.
Speaker 2: This is never load. I know yours isn't.
Speaker 1: But there are some players on this team, especially in the secondary, might be struggle a little bit right now?
Speaker 2: Is that just a mentality?
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing, it's one of those things difference between theory and practice, which is in theory like I just I'll just be more confident, but actually being more confident and playing more confident and trusting yourself is different.
Speaker 2: It's two different things. Yes, Well, when we have bad performances, we can't wait to get back out there, Like it's only one way to get that taste out your mouth, in the fan's mouth, It's to go out here and ball and say this is why y'all drafted me, Like this is what I'm capable of. Maybe my coach asking me to do too much, Like that's the thing you gotta do, is feeling out. It ain't all you. You ain't never as good as you think you are. You never as bad as you think you are. Find out what Most of the time, it's technique. Yeah, that's what you have to fall back on when things ain't going good. That's what you gotta fall back on when you getting beat for a go route come back. I gotta fall back on my technique, and I gotta get back to the p's and q's. I gotta get back to what made me and brought me here. And nothing makes you home with specially as a dB, because it ain't nothing like walking in the grocery store. I don't even play no more. I was in the grocerore to day, somebody holling down the bread.
Speaker 3: How smooth?
Speaker 2: What happened? I'm like, what you mean?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I watched the same game? Right? What we gonna do? I don't know? Like so I can imagine when I was playing, it was the same way smooth. What happened? I dell well, Plexico beat me fudd tes like what.
Speaker 3: You want me to say?
Speaker 2: Right, It's one of them things where I gotta get back out here and make a place. So then is smooth? I seen that played like so it's one of them things where they turn the page very quickly. It's a fickle relationship with DB's hell with the fan base. Let's get it dub this weekend in Atlanta. That's Fred Smooth. I'm Michael Jenkins. I'm just a guy. This man is a former parent of a young monkey, and were looking for Bubba Jackson.
Speaker 1: We're looking for interviewing, Plenty of Commander's content for you all week long, and plenty of pods for you as well. Check out the Command Center podcast Twice we get all the ex'es and o's you need to get ready for each and every game.
Speaker 2: Next Man Up with Brian Kolbert. He sits down with the players.
Speaker 1: He gets to know the man under the helmet, and then the players club with a couple of legends London and Santana. They talk to fellow players as only NFL players who are in the game can understand.
Speaker 2: The views and opinion is expressed by our podcast.
Speaker 1: Guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.