Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty four, Episode three of Dear Daily's I Guys Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, February seventh, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: February seventh. It's National Girls and Women in Sports Day, National Periodic Table Day, Shout out to Valence Electron, National Fedicini Alfredo Day, okay, and National Send.
Speaker 1: A Card to a Friend Day. You know, come friend, dae, what Hallmarket's not enough for you? You're a week out that you're just having to get ready to give us your money. We want an appetizer of your money. Yeah, send a card to a friend.
Speaker 2: I think it might be the whole the whole Federation of card Maker. Excuse me together as I'm burping because I can't believe how how just how transformative this day is telling about it. It's an ancient tradition of scraps of paper to communicate.
Speaker 1: His leg at the end of the gist when he feels so fucked up about what's what he's got or yeah the jinks, Yeah, when he feels so fucked up about what he's holding down that he starts burping constantly. You're just so fucked up by national cards. Send a friend of card dead all I can't. Oh man, Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Just says while our digital era may turn away from the flowery image language of greeting cards are surprising, eighty percent of adult still purchase them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean like we.
Speaker 2: Got to say thank you sometimes in a more formal way that a text can't quite achieve.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know that I just wish a four year old a happy birthday every once in a while, you know, yeah, of.
Speaker 2: Course, because you don't want to do that as much as I used to be, Like, man, just pull a piece of print or paper. D Yeah, my art skills are not good enough where it looks I might as well have just said fuck you on the present, you know the way.
Speaker 1: That is, that is an option. Good artists always have.
Speaker 2: Strip fuck you, fuck you, but in like really cool, lesson the beautiful, the beautiful.
Speaker 1: Uh well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka squaring up on Sea me Street Heat, taking bets on these mohuppets, got dragged on Twitter. Now he's back on his feet, Just Elmo and his will to survive it's the bird or the monster. It's an internet fight rising up to a giant feathered rival. Will he go for the ankles or will he use a knife? And we'll argued wing over a bird or a monster. That is courtesy of Warren the Wear Bear on the discord Little I Have the Tiger. You know, this is this is our Rocky three the Elmo the Big Bird. By the way, that song was a late replacement for You're the Best around, the Karate Kids song, the song at the end of Karate Kid. That's just like an on the nose, like you're the best win this fight? That one, Yeah, that song was. That song was in Rocky three, and then they were like, man, this is a little on the nose. And also I the Tiger came out and so they just swapped that shit out. But now you are the best round doesn't really make sense for Karate Kid because it's like history repeats itself and it's like, what, wait, this isn't This isn't karate Kid three. Fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, this is his first win at the All Valley Karate Tournament.
Speaker 2: I mean, good for them because they have like a lot of like you know, there's like that one the score to Rocky that's in the victory beat.
Speaker 1: M hm, you know on No Way Out.
Speaker 2: You know, there's like a lot of good there's some good things came out of there. But to think that they could have messed that up with you're the best.
Speaker 1: But you know, it takes a lot to fuck up a Rocky movie. Just look at the soundtrack from Rocky for there are some songs in that motherfucker keepers Sylvester Stallone, did you write and perform this song? Because this is just like a power ballad. N I got rights quote my friend Miles Gray and speaking of which I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray. Okay, lumping up that fucking big, big yellow bird gonna get wrecked. Elmo's a monster.
Speaker 2: Leave you sleep in the street, just a beast with the deep hidden rage.
Speaker 1: It's the monster named Elmo. He's gonna be big bird dead.
Speaker 2: Bert and Ernie benas it this one out. Elmo, the last no survivors talking is praying the night.
Speaker 1: Why the fuck do you think he is? Red? Elmo is a monster.
Speaker 2: Shout out to first Blood five two two, Look a lot of people with the fucking the Tiger Elmo first Big Bird theme.
Speaker 1: We love this energy read four bro. Yeah, I think he's a monster. Damn that both of those are are really good. Great job hot damn and great job to you on the performance.
Speaker 2: And to you too, and to you too obviously with your spirit you received my mother's uh applot it's in person. Yeah, I got to like, you're singing, it's just you.
Speaker 1: Really, You've you've entered a new era with you. Not expecting a compliment about my vocals, but you know.
Speaker 2: You know, shout out to my mom. Big fan of the show.
Speaker 1: I know, unbelievable that both of our moms still sticking with it even though they don't know what we're talking about most of the time.
Speaker 2: She done any thing too. She's like, well, it's nice to hear your voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, it's nice to hear your voice every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Well I don't get that, but it's just like, well, I like to hear your voice even and then she it's always backhand. She's like, even though I don't know what the fuck you're talking about most of the time, Yeah, yeah, those are my So that's just how the kids speak.
Speaker 1: Mom, Yeah, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat. One of our favorites. A brilliant writer, speaker, social justice educator. Written for Ebony Complex, Out the Root, appeared on NBC News, BuzzFeed, Vox, among many others there. They're also the host of the amazing podcast BFF Black Fat Fem Please welcome back to the show, Doctor John Paul here.
Speaker 4: Hello, so hello, stomp it through the doors. Stomp it through the doors. So you know what I was sitting here listening one screaming at the Muppets reference. But did you know that doesn't is it? Jean Claude von dom Or?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: One of them have an album? One of them. It's either Sylvester Stallone or Jean Claude, they have a whole album.
Speaker 1: You're giving so much class to Jean Claude van Dams that you're like, Jean Claude whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well one of them, somebody has.
Speaker 1: It's ever sounded more classy than it did when you just said it there. I would be shocked if well, so Steven Sagal had. All three of them are the same person to me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I can't believe more of them did not have novelty rap albums during the eighties, they were reaching their peak at a time when novelty rap albums were a thing.
Speaker 1: But I guess mister T jumped on that before they could or novelty rap songs. Do you.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like Schwarzenegger really should have had one. He was so down for the goofiness. You know what I mean that I feel like, like, yeah, I like I like to rap. Now have you seen just speaking of Siegal's music, there was one clip. I don't know if we ever I know I've shared it with people like off the show, but there's a lyric of him singing on stage where he says, if when you see my little girlfriend, you're gonna wet yourself. This is.
Speaker 1: Right, girlfriend, you go ahead to change the way out.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, when you see my little girlfriend, have to change your underwear. So that's the kind of lyrical stylings we're getting from Russian poet Laureate steven.
Speaker 1: Sigh my little girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Look, Look, there's there's nothing but dark clouds that swirl around him.
Speaker 1: Goddamn yeah, my little Girlfriend's gonna.
Speaker 2: Make no co producer Justin just said he got a reggae song where he says miwandani yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Wait for me to divert the conversation. Yes, I am very much in the mind that he does have a whole, a whole song where he's singing in a Jamaican accent. That man, he was wild. The nineties were wild in general. But I think that that that itself is what's giving me pause.
Speaker 1: He never recovered, No, he never did. He never did, just disappeared into Russia. Yeah, yeah, man, he can. He can wind upon the da Bati in Russia.
Speaker 4: What a moment.
Speaker 1: Well, doctor John, We are going to get to know you a little bit better in the moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about. An appeals court busted down Trump's immunity claim, which I guess that means things can move forward a little bit faster, but maybe still might not be as fast as it needs to for him to be convicted before he's president. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about the Republicans getting the border bill that they wanted and deciding to kill it. We'll talk about Valentine's Day candies. We'll talk about mixed reality headsets, all that plenty more. But before we get to any of it, doctor John Paul, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 4: So speaking about virtual headsets. Yes, I was one of the people who purchased on the very first day the Apple Vision Pro. And yeah, I've just been googling a lot to see what people are doing with it, to see what people shouldn't be doing with it, i e. People who are driving their Tesla's while having one on, which I think is very silly. But yeah, I have not done any anything. I haven't done anything that I shouldn't be doing with it. But overall it has been very I don't know, it's peaceful. It's just really peaceful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we were just talking about it, and it seems like one of those things. I'm like, I don't know what you need it for, but I know if like if I had one, I'd probably be watching a movie or doing that kind of stuff on there Are you using it to like actually like do your minority report, like air computing and shit like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So so the first day, so the first day I got it, I was just kind of playing and trying to learn it. The second day is when I was doing kind of like the Minority Report stuff. So like one day I had the Twitter, my Twitter thing open, and then I was watching a movie, and then on another side, I had like some some other stuff that I was googling and kind of reading and doing and stuff. And so it's cool because I'm one of those people who always tweets while I watch a movie, Like I'm always on my phone while movies and stuff are on. So it makes it really nice to be able to kind of still be like in one eye watching the movie over here, while on the other side of it being able to actually see like my Twitter feed and being able to like jump between all the different apps and stuff.
Speaker 2: So and then can you were you able to do that with a TV and a laptop? What do you mean like the same thing? Could you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm always just curious, like because I know, like they're the that like the fun of it. But I guess what do you feel that it's quite round like groundbreaking yet?
Speaker 1: Because I know you're you love.
Speaker 2: Your Apple products, so I know, like, okay, I'm a huge it doesn't surprise me that you have that you had it, But what do you say to someone like me who's like, how do I like, is it indispensable yet or right now? Are you kind of in that place like it's fun? You know, it's for me.
Speaker 4: It's fun. I mean, you know. My partner's like, you're never going to use it, and I'm like, actually, I I've already used it quite a few times. But I think for me it's so I'm even with like my iPad, I used to be there. So I fly a lot. You all know that I'm always on the road, and so yeah, I was on the road, and so when when I'm flying, oftentimes I'll still have my headphones in and I'll have my iPad and people will still try to talk to me. And so that's the thing that no people literally will try to get like oh.
Speaker 1: What what are you doing? It's like, dude, I got yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, Like don't you see the AirPods in my ear? I don't want to talk to you. And it's no shade, It's just I'm not a travel person who likes to convene and converse with people. When I'm traveling, I don't want to talk to you. I want to get to where I'm going and I want to be able to like unpack the day and go on about my business. And so it's nice because the thing that the thing that sold me outside of the immersive video, and I'm praying and I'm hoping that Beyonce will release Renaissance and immersive video. The immersive video is what sold me. I don't know if any of you know what the immersive video is, but it's literally like there's a there's a clip when you do the demo of Alicia Keys singing and although your ears are bleeding, it is very much you're in the studio with her, and it really feels like you're with her. And so I'm here for the immersive video part of it. But it was really cool. They have these these backgrounds you can change. There's like eighteen of them where you're like outside or you're like in the snow and you're in the mountain. You can turn that on while you're watching a movie and it feels like you're outside watching a hundred foot like I mean a hundred whatever, Yeah, yeah, a gigantic ass screen, you know, and the music and I mean all the stuff in your ear. It's just it's like I said, I bought it for the immersive video that's right.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 2: That to me was like the one thing I could be like, oh I could get lost just being high shiit and like watching for like some very effects heavy film or whatever, just seeing anything that to me, I was like, it looks like a cool TV. The computing stuff. I'm like, I would I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it has it has really cool features. But for me, the biggest thing that sold me was I can put this on my eyes. I can put my AirPods on. Because people are like, oh, you can't really hear the sound. But when I was in my living room, my husband was like, I can hear it, and I was like, okay, bet so you can put your AirPods in, put it over your eyes, and literally the whole entire flight. I don't have to be bothered. It's it's a really really nice thing.
Speaker 1: So although I feel like a lot of people are gonna be like, hey, man, is that cool? Is it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Is Apple Vision pro cool? Oh my god? What's that? Like? That Vision Pro? Can I try it? No? Yeah? Are you fucking for real?
Speaker 2: I'm wearing the biggest headphones that are covering half my head plus some cobbles. You think I want to fucking like that's what's so funny. Just imagine you getting interrupted with that shit on is like peeling off your headphone. Then the lifting the fucking godless to make eye contact me like a.
Speaker 1: Fuck alone, gives you a lot of business to do, like very aggravatedly, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I realized that I look foolish with them on. I get it. I know there's been a lot of jokes that people have been cracking about the folks who have the pros on and are walking around and doing stuff. But what I will also say is that a lot of the videos that people are singing about these things, they're fake because they're you. It's very so the people try to make it seem like it's so clear when you're walking, it's actually not. It's very I would say it's very pixelated, but it is very much you're looking through a camera when you're walking around. And so the thought of walking day to day and then like trying to do all of the stuff that you're doing while you have it on your face, it's impossible. It's it's very much giving like.
Speaker 1: It driving feels like it should be illegal, right, we have laws around the ship. We have laws around like you can't drive well drunk for instance. Yeah, so this this feels like a similar thing where it should be illegal. Yeah, I've seen too. I saw one video that was even designed to make it look like it was just spot somebody being spotted in the wild. They stopped at a porta potty and then came out of the porta potty with the provision pro on and then like drove off with the pros on, but like they also had toilet paper streaming out from their foot, and it just it felt like it was.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what we were saying. And the Weekend Trends episode, like a lot of the stuff we saw was because a lot of content makers got Yeah, they got the headsets, and we're from there being like, let's do bits because everyone's gonna want to see what this looks like.
Speaker 1: So well, we'll get into what science has to say about the whole damn thing a little later on before we get to that. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Over rated? Okay, So I will just say this. I live in an area that is very much becoming heavily gentrified, and they just put and I still don't comprehend. And I guess, Okay, so I understand why there's a Starbucks on every corner. However, they just put another Chick fil A on the other side of one of the streets that, yes, like there's a Chick fil A right on one side when you get off on the freeway because I live near a freeway, And then they just put another Chick fil A on the other side of yeah, And I'm like, this is so stupid, but it is. It's causing a lot of backup, like the like one of the main streets that I used to get into my apartment complex is now like I'm having to go around or go through the back gate now because of how much traffic it is. And it's just stupid. And I guess my overrated To get to my point is the food is not that good. I'm sorry, I don't believe that. I mean, it's not even about the hate. It's like the food is just not that good and the lines are always so long, and I'm like, do people really like unseevess and food that much? Like because it's not seasoned, well, the oil is not good, Like there's nothing about Chick fil a.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. They don't even have soda.
Speaker 1: They don't have soda.
Speaker 4: No, I think they only have tea and lemonade.
Speaker 1: No, they gotta have soda.
Speaker 4: They do not have soda. My husband said that they do not have soda, and I am almost one hundred they don't. I don't think they carry soda.
Speaker 1: That's is that trime against fast food?
Speaker 4: But yeah, they do, they have coke.
Speaker 2: I was like, doctor John, you cannot operate in the United States without offering the.
Speaker 4: Fake, fake newses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or will come for you.
Speaker 4: Right, but the food is still terrible.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously what we learned with the chicken sandwich worse. Other people learned how to make a good chicken sandwich. So you can no longer say that there's only one rightful air to the chicken sand was thrown. But yeah, to your point, I hate when it like every time a Chick fil A opens up, it's the traffic it causes. It's just like the same thing because for so long in the West Coast people never had Chick fil A, And there's all these things like when I go back used to visit my family or whatever, like we go to Chick fil A, and now that it's here, it becomes like they got and you gotta line up and sure, sure.
Speaker 4: Just say with in and Out. In and Out is also overrated. It's good, but it's overrated.
Speaker 1: At least it's good like that. I was just having that thought that, like, there are these fast food restaurants that have ceased being fast food because they are so popular. I think the two that jump out to me are Chick fil A and in and Out. In and Out though, like once you're done, you just feel like you've had, like you've got what you came for. Where it's Chick fil A, yeah, I feel like it's it's just kind of coasting on reputation at this point and like be having been rolled out at a good speed where it like never got overexposed or something. And that's why Chick fil A, Like I feel like they did something smart along the way, they like capitalized on some social contagion and now I think this is just like a very classically good, overrated. I think you're absolutely right that Chick fil A is just you.
Speaker 4: Know, and I know we've mentioned it here before. I've listened to the show daily and I know that it's been mentioned, but I just had to go back on record and just say it's not worth the time and it is not like even And I think to your point, I think a lot of it has to do with those the quote unquote Christian values. I think there's so many people who are like, well, because it's such a strong Christian org that's why we support it, because we're good Christians. And it's like, baby, you like there's better food out there, Like, spend your money somewhere else. Someone just made a point about raising kings. Now I'm one of those clowns that will sit in line for raising kanes. Give me some canesa, that cane sauce. I have not had canes, Jack, You are you a Christian? You have't been raising caine?
Speaker 2: Oh some days I wasn't able.
Speaker 1: There was always canes.
Speaker 4: There is, Baby, it might.
Speaker 1: Actually be the the one, Like I think this is maybe the fourteenth positive review I've heard of raising cane, So maybe that's the one that gets me there.
Speaker 2: And then think, remember in the rehearsal, Nathan built an entire raising canes for that one guy to confront his brother. Yeah, it's in the air, it's in.
Speaker 4: The yeah, I am that girl that will pre start. I can prestart my car from an app and I will start my car to get in it to go down to the raisin canes. Honey.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Means also, I mean if you, oh yeah, you put canes up against Chick fil A, and I'm sorry, Chick fil A, you have to go all the way to the back because.
Speaker 4: The Chick fil A sauce it ain't it ain't. It's not the cane sauce. What's that other chicken place? Zaxby's is good too. When I go back to I always like zaxby zax He's just really good.
Speaker 1: What is something that you think is underrated me?
Speaker 4: No, definitely, I'm here. I know you're supposed to plug it, but yes, my podcast, I always tell people, if you are not listening to Black fatfam you are doing yourself a disservice. This week we have a whole takedown of the Alabama Riverfront Brawl. I don't know if you know or if you if any of you are familiar with it. It is Black History Month. Please revisit that August two thousand and twenty three where the chair so my co host said that the chair is and will be likened to the brick that was thrown at stone Wall. That white chair is. That white chair will live in my heart. Baby, the way that man grabbed that chair and it just did work.
Speaker 1: It just you can't.
Speaker 4: You've got to get over there and listen. It is one of the best moments of moments, and it's a way to start your your black history mon by supporting black fat fans.
Speaker 2: Like hopefully you're saying the national anthem, Lift every chair.
Speaker 4: That's actually the title of our episode. We lift every chair and swing.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yes, yes, But then there's new Like, so are you doing the update too, because I remember some people got charges, other people didn't get charges.
Speaker 4: I feel like we haven't done any updates.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, because I remember there was some breaking stuff and oh it's like, oh, guess who didn't get charged and guess a lot of Yeah. Yeah, but anyway, lift every chair and swing. Check that episode out for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's take a quick break and we will be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And recently I had heard the Trump's claimed that he was like a to do crimes, was like holding up his case in DC for like the one based on around January sixth. Yep, yep, there is news that a federal appeals court just rejected his claim that he has immune from criminal charges for acts that he said fell within his duties as president and therefore can't be tried for plotting to overturn the twenty twenty election. A three judge panel stated unanimously that the fuck out of here, essentially, I mean, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Knew when when they first went to that court hearing and they were like, so, I'm sorry, So so you could just like murder a political opponent and yeah, and it's all good. Yeah, Like what you're arguing is you can do assassinations?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean that's not what I'm saying specifically here, but I guess I would fall under it if I if if my client did have total immunity. But yeah, this is a moment of progress. Like we said, I think last week when we're checking it, with the pace of these cases, I don't think there's any reason to think we're going to see anything happen by election day. But the fact that this happened does make it we can get to the answer sooner, which is will the Supreme Court step in to help Donald Trump out, and we don't know quite yet. I mean, they could just outright be like, no, you know, sounds like it's been decided. We don't need to we don't need to hear this, and then really put him out there, or the drama will continue and they'll be like, well, you know, three of us did get this job because of him, so I mean, like maybe we can, you know, hear what he has to say. But that's what's interesting about this decision is that in this court ruling, they were using the words of the conservative justices to sort of like underline their point, to be like, this is why there's no such thing as immunity. So, I mean, and then most universes you would be like, well, I mean, if they use their own words against the people that may ultimately overturn it, that must be compelling for them to just sort of maintain what is happening here.
Speaker 1: But not this one, not these, not these ones, so the.
Speaker 2: Next one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they were. They pointed out that ruling in his face in Trump's favor would neutralize the most fundamental check on executive power, the recognition and implementation of election results, which seems pretty fair. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean but I guess that's the thing is like if the Supreme Court did rule that he could, then does then Joe Byron be like, okay, got you right?
Speaker 1: Watch if is that how we're playing?
Speaker 2: Because I'm here now already and Trump is a citizen. But unless he goes like, I am retroactively the president. So therefore I'm I'm I'm living here now. Give he's a squatting. I don't know what about.
Speaker 1: The Supreme Court. Have they ruled on whether he's allowed on the ballot, like the Colorado and whatever that other state was Maine? Was it that ruled that he wasn't allowed on the bat.
Speaker 2: There were like three of them, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, or I don't think they have yet, Okay yeah.
Speaker 1: They also pointed out that this position also contradicts Trump's previous defense and his twenty twenty one impeachment trial, which I had totally forgotten about. I guess there is an impeachment trial for Trump in twenty twenty one after he was out of office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like the one right after people were like, wasn't that bad? On January sixth?
Speaker 1: It's crazy that I totally forgot an impeachment trial.
Speaker 4: It was like a whole month.
Speaker 2: It's a sophomore jinx.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The second album just doesn't hit as hard as the first time a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: But his lawyer argued at that time that the Senate should have quit him because the Justice Department should decide if Trump engaged an insurrection over the January sixth Capitol and they have yeah, and so this is the Justice Department, and he's like, what's this shit, No way, You're not allowed to do that. Well, so I don't know, it still might not affect whether he gets elected, and we might not you know, if he does get elected, we might not see this case, you know, go through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because what does it like if he does get elected, not putting that out in the universe. If he does get elected, basically all the stuff will go away, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean yeah, he would just basically tell the DOJ, like, He'll just lean on them to be like.
Speaker 1: Drop all these cases.
Speaker 4: The cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, goodbye that one and that one, and double those cases against Biden.
Speaker 4: Ninety of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's ninety one counts, Okay, it's counts, Okay, Just spread out over.
Speaker 1: Like if he gets elected, Biden's probably going to jail, right, That's like crazy to think, but almost definitely that's what's going to happen. So, you know, Biden's got a lot going on too. People are always like Trump's fighting for his life. Well guess what, Yeah, so are we all so fucking everybody?
Speaker 2: And He's doing his best to be like how can I break up the coalition of voters that I had to get into office and still win?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, all right border bill, yeah phrase, I'm hearing a lot these days.
Speaker 2: Well I think, yeah, it's just another example of kind of like what the Republicans are trying to do to help Donald Trump win at all costs. So like, yeah, you know, for the last forever, for fucking ever, they're like the boder got these open borders, it's fucking war.
Speaker 1: There's an invasion, there's the you.
Speaker 2: Know what do they say, like the caravans they're all coming. This is like the rhetoric that they always use constantly to talk about like this border crisis. And so there was like a bipartisan bill that was put together in the Senate that like combined like aid packages sixty billion for Ukraine fourteen billion for Israel and twenty billion for the border.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where can we get some of these this money? Can the roads?
Speaker 4: I said that, I said, they're not. You know, I was. I was very much in the mind when when the student loans kicked back up in October. I was like, Okay, I'm finally in a place as an adult where i can afford to pay my loans back. So I'm gonna go ahead and do it. And then I saw this last night before I went to bed, and I said, they're not getting one red synonymy I'm not paying none of my student loans back, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's tough. And I think when you see this amount of capital just flying towards arms, you're like, I mean, I think it makes it pretty clear, like what our priorities here.
Speaker 1: It's called child poverty in the US doubled last year, right, this is what respect what you need?
Speaker 2: Well, I think, yeah, exactly. And so anyway, they put all of this stuff together. That way they the aid that needed to go to Ukraine and Israel was packaged, and also that they could quote unquote solve this border crisis. And I mean the optics were heavily in favor of the Republicans more and so in the sense that like Joe Biden is like, I mean, what am I going to be like more lenient. I mean, he's pretty conservative already when it comes to his immigration policies, but they dragged him further to the right in this bill, Like this is like money for more to ten, more fucking boots on the ground, more border patrol funding, no fucking viable pathway to citizenship, Like it was basically the republic like the ubms got what the fuck they wanted, like truly and so, and a lot of people were like, damn, I guess Biden is willing to do that just to sort of like end this argument, even though many people were like, that's not gonna help with people that are like more of your mainstream Democrats and more progressives and people further to the left are like, this is backwards. So anyway, the bill.
Speaker 1: Was there appeaser, not exactly greater negotiated with a great appeaser.
Speaker 2: He's just exactly an appeasement has such a storied history of being successful reasonable characters every time.
Speaker 1: Every time.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's also like a recent thing in the Guardian that talked about how when uh, you know, like liberal governments or you know, like begin to adopt more conservative policies to try and win votes, it never fucking works.
Speaker 1: You just put off the fucking.
Speaker 2: People that wanted you there in the first place, Like what the fuck are these idiot's doing, Like you're not going to impress these right wing people by doing that. So anyway, Donald Trump does not want the border anything solved, so he basically told his little lackeys on the hill to say kill the bill. It's not it can't get past because he needs total fucking chaos at the border. And you know, this bill was negotiated by Senator James Langford from Oklahoma, who's not even close to being some kind of moderate. So like it's it's wild to see what's not wild? This is just what happens like when you have Donald Trump really running it, and it just makes them look even more ignorant, power hungry, nativist when they want to do all this stuff of being like it's like it's a war for the soul of our nation at the border. But then you get a bill to solve it with all the shit that you want, and then you're like it's dead on arrival. Yeah, with no explanation, really no explanation. I mean, there was even this woman who went to the border in Texas because she was so hopped up up on fucking maga nativist propaganda that she was like, I wanted to see this for myself, to see what happened. She was even like, huh.
Speaker 6: I've been talking to these folks who have come from all over Texas even other parts of the country to be here, and some of them, even though we are about a half hour from Eagle Pass, have driven down to Eagle Pass to try to actually see what's happening at the border. And I spoke to a number of people who said that they're a little surprised by what they're seeing here. I want to play a conversation with a woman, Misty, take a listen.
Speaker 1: It was. It's pretty surreal.
Speaker 3: We actually made it into Eagle Pass and we went and.
Speaker 2: Saw Shelby Park. I was able to.
Speaker 3: See some people actually trying to cross and stopped at the wire there. So it was it's very eye opening.
Speaker 6: So and tell me more about eye opening. Is it what you expected, is it better?
Speaker 2: Is it worse?
Speaker 3: It's not what I expected. But then again, I don't know what I expected. I can tell you it's not as bad as what I thought.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: They Oh, there's a lot of people. I mean, the general vibe down there, and this is based only on anecdotal eyewitness videos, but people seem to be like turning on each other a little bit, Like everybody got down there in the caravan and they're like, there's nothing to do here, but so they're like getting mad at each other, like you're not Christian enough for yeah.
Speaker 2: Or there's people just grifting, like they're like just people who like do live streams and they're.
Speaker 1: Like these people don't care about America. They're like, no shit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a certain amount of people who are absolutely falling for it and believe that is the situation. But a lot of people are like, now, you know how you can get a lot of views just go down there and scream racist shit into the air. But yeah, I mean, I think it's just I think it's important people to understand, like anything we have in politics, when politicians have a chance to fucking solve and a problem and they don't, that's by design. It's because they would rather have that be an issue they can continue to screen about and fear monger over, and also helps people understand or makes people think that, like, these issues aren't necessarily solvable in a way that isn't rife with chaos. So for Republicans, they don't want to solve immigration because then you can be like, oh, there's a way to do this like piecemeal maybe and make this thing work, And so they don't. They absolutely want to avoid that. It's either you know, it's like an all or nothing situation for them, or even like the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Are like, we're going to caudify Row.
Speaker 2: Maybe Yeah, it's just it's more, it's just it's easier to have those kinds of issues that are motivators for people rather than actually, you know, solving it.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of there's this historian, American historian who moved his family out of the US right when Mitch McConnell did the like obstructionist thing where he like wouldn't let Obama are Yeah, the Americ Carlen thing through. I think that was it. It might have been something even like before that, but he and he or I think his wife was like wrote a column for The New York You're talking about like returning it or like viewing America falling apart from another country, and like how just wait when you really like zoom out from that philosophy of just being obstructionist and not being willing to do the opposite of your job right and instead of government and make people's lives better, try and sow chaos and create worse conditions so that your party can do better. Like from that very initial like appearance of that philosophy, they were like, this is going in a fascist direction, which I think even to me at the time, I was like, wow, they're really like ahead of the like over their skis a little bit like, but they I think that they were like, as this is spread, it has become increasingly Yeah, they just want to watch the world burn because watching the world burn it gives them an opportunity to grab more power. And I think that's also like I feel like I'm seeing that philosophy on the side of like capitalism too, because now you know, disaster capitalism is such a thing that people are, you know, view wors More's conditions as moneypnities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. And I think he had always has, but I think it's at the time people were like, Wow, the Republicans are being petty. Yeah, yeah, exactly, and and maybe that's how the analogy to get.
Speaker 1: Archie McConnell out of there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when it's like, when it's something like that, that's what turns into full blown Yeah all right, round them up. Yeah, I don't like it no more. Yeah, exactly, let me show you.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, we're all on line that we shouldn't be on anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, we're continuing to say who can they can't be here. That's got to love America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And some of it's so much of the the hysteria around the border is like, you know, just wrapped in this like great replacement theory nonsense. They're like they just want these people to come in because those are Joe Byron voters, right, And you're like, that's not how any of it works. But just yeah, yeah, well, let's.
Speaker 1: Take a quick break and come back and talk about Valentine's Day candy. Yeah, and the Apple Vision Pro Plus is it Apple Vision Pro? Is that right?
Speaker 4: It's the Apple Vision pro all right.
Speaker 1: I gotta get that. I gotta get that into my brain because it is our new hardware or the name that's the problem. This has made me very aware that like we just need the contact ones. That's that's when it's gonna be good. It's when we can just be wearing it without people realizing. Can you imagine how bulky that first one is going to be? The contact lines? Yeah, your eye keeps drifting down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look like those people that have that like condition where they can pop their eyes out, who see like viral hits in the nineties, like hey, lady, make your eyes pop out? How these prices?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they stayed working though.
Speaker 2: And yeah, there's like these two there's like a black woman and a black guy I remember who like had the ipop eyebug out market cornered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was always impressed. Those are huge celebrities in my book. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back. I feel like the local version of that is the people who could squirt milk out of their eyes. You ever know somebody who could squ squirt milk out of their eyes?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean I've seen that, but yeah, I've I knew I didn't know someone, you knew someone personally they could do that.
Speaker 1: I think I knew someone personally. Maybe I'm just like confusing, real, it's so gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also like how do you figure that out?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like someone like in your your family's like you know, they come from a long line of milk party trickers that can milk come out of our tear ducts.
Speaker 1: That was a survival. That was how you serve.
Speaker 2: That would be to be like, oh, would you like some cream with your coffee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, once I know your Royal highness, your.
Speaker 2: Royal highness royal all right, it is that time of year once again for us too.
Speaker 1: You got one yeah, one week left folks till it's time to just load them up with candy and cards and love and devotion through consumerism.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. You got to How will you know your partner loves you unless they buy you a rose made of chocolates?
Speaker 4: Those heart shaped candy chalk?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sweet?
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's this. You know, every year there's a list most popular candy for me. Sorry, I just I'm so over, I'm so angry at the heart shaped chalk. I just I'm really the reason I even want to talk about this. So this the list comes out most popular candy Valentine's Candy by state, California, Alaska, New York, but a few many places chocolate like those sweethearts chalk heart things are like fucking number one, although they're surprisingly a very high number of chocolates, which I think are more appropriate than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole nation is a sea of chocolate except for fucking New York in California and Alaska, like fucking okay, you want to call them flyover country. At least they're not eating fucking chalk hearts.
Speaker 2: But like, it's just so this has me thinking right like about even Valentine's Day and if candies are even like the metric we should even be looking at because that feels like the like if you have put no thought into it, you're just like, here's the here's some chocolates. I got the pharmacy at the last minute.
Speaker 1: Yea, And I feel like the ultimate last minute, like what what is open in between me and their house? And I'm only three blocks away from their house.
Speaker 2: Right and and they're out of old spaghetti factory gift cards, So I don't know what. I don't know what to get you, but like I feel like I don't know when I in like the early days of a relationship and Valentine's Day came around, like you're like, okay, like you know, I've been lonely for a little bit. Now I got Now, I got a little booth thing. I want to do something for Valentine's Day. But like, as like even my own like relationship turned marriage now has progressed. We found other. Is that like we show each other, like our appreciation for each other, that isn't so tied to Valentine's Day. So I'm just even wondering, are for the both of you who are happily bowed up our our candies essential to this holiday? And b is this holiday even essential to our relationship?
Speaker 1: Our relationship, Uh, my wife and my relationship fully built on a bedrock of chalk hearts. That's only way we communicate.
Speaker 2: I just passed her, she passed, how's your youngest son chalkhart doing? I know you named your kids? Even after that?
Speaker 1: No, we yeah, we used to go like even pretty deep into our relationship. We would go out to dinner on Valentine's Day, you know, try and go to write a good restaurant, get reservations well in advance, and we quickly noticed that you are getting a suboptimal experience at that restaurant, Like you're getting the worst version of that restaurant, right, They're slammed. They've got like the Sometimes they'll do like a prefixed menu, Like I've gone to restaurants that we loved and they've been terrible on Valentine's Day. And I've gone to restaurants that we never went to again that other people love, you know, that recommended, and they're you know, just bad. It's a bad situations. So we generally don't do that much. Sometimes we'll do like a I try and like think outside of the box. Like recently, I was like, we're gonna do a picnic and I'm put together a picnic and it was fucking freezing cold and windy as hell because it is February, even in LA Like, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: February, what about you, doctor John?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I concur you know, the first few year, it was like, oh, I have to make sure that I make the best impression on Valentine's Day for my partner. So I always try to do something the day leading up to Valentine's Day. So we're doing we're celebrating our Valentine's Day on Sunday, and I like to. For me, it's like about making memories versus just giving my partner stuff. We are in a place now where we live in a two two bathroom, and I'm looking around and I'm going, we have no more room for stuff, so I'm not going to buy you anything else to continue to that. We have to figure out where we're gonna put it or where what are we gonna do with it?
Speaker 1: So I like you are looking around when you're making that decision, You're looking around through your Apple vision pro.
Speaker 4: Yes. Yes, and I'm going.
Speaker 2: More stuff.
Speaker 4: Right right, right right, so as I as I shove it into my overly packed closet. But no, I will say, I think the biggest thing is about making memory. So there, I did plan something on Sunday for my partner, and we're going to do all of our stuff on Sunday. But yeah, I and and then it's just about for me. It's tradition. I do sees for him every year. He knows. It's just kind of something. I do it for Valentine's Day, for Christmas.
Speaker 1: He gets.
Speaker 4: He gets seese, but it's mostly because I want to eat them. So yes, I buy candy. So I can eat them.
Speaker 1: And I will also say my wife grew up like not having much sugar in her diet, like she you know, koreated her parents, like the dessert was fruit. She just like doesn't really fuck with candy, So any candy that comes in the household is eaten by me.
Speaker 2: Oh she still has maintained the like doesn't necessary. Yeah, she doesn't show because I had the same thing, like no soda, Like if I had juice, moms, like you want to juice this orange ra fuck?
Speaker 1: But then I go to my friend's houses.
Speaker 2: We had like the fucking spare fridge in the garage, and I'm like, I will drink a twelve pack of cactus cooler fucking right now, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the fread like had the cooler in the garage or the fridge in the garage, those garage fridges. I never had it, but like just a soda fridge, just a soda fridge, like yo, were you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was always like how the fuck do you so? Where where do y'all get all this soda?
Speaker 1: Like how many six?
Speaker 2: And they're like we go to Smart and Final or whatever. I'm like, what the fuck is that? And they're like this is where you can buy fucking boxes.
Speaker 1: With this ship.
Speaker 4: Costco High school who had parents that went to Costco and would load up the refrigerator and it was always like for me, it was like in our house because we were so poor, it was like you got one soda dinner and that was it and if you wanted another one, drinks the water. Whereas like over their house, it was like, you want another soda right after you're finishing your soda.
Speaker 7: You're like, what, yeah, soda, Dad is so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I mean, like I get I think that.
Speaker 2: Yet we have so many of these holidays that are built around consuming and like and they're like, well, you have to consume to show your love of Christ and family for the holidays like Christmas or whatever, and you can consume show it. Yeah, so you're consumed to show your love of your partner by buying pink ship at the store. But I mean, like, yeah, I think to your point, memories are so much like those are longer lasting. I feel like if anything, I'm probably like, let's go bowling or some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I are going bowling tonight. You are, Yeah, dude, I ate baby, I've been bowling more.
Speaker 2: It's weird, I think ever since we were talking about how like bowling used to be like the sort of cornerstone of like Americans, like social socializing. I'm like trying to get people to bowl again, and I'm fucking terrible. Is that gang, yo? If you know how to bowl, well, please hit me up. I have no control, no control, and I don't want to use the bumpers, and it's it fucks with me that I'm like, how can I not roll balls straight down lane? Yeah? They're so strong, arms straight. Every time I try and curve it, I just gutter ball that ship. But I love it. I love the one thing.
Speaker 1: Also a request for that gang. Are you a fan of the Chalky Candy Hearts? Like? Is do you exist? Because like, I can't fathom eating one of those on purpose. I guess I ate one when I was a child. That was a mistake I didn't make again, Like, right, do you intentionally eat those? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's like who eats peeps?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 4: They come back around every year around March and it's like, why are you still here.
Speaker 1: In a pinch as a sugar addict? I have eaten peeps. I cannot bring myself to the chalky, like.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, even in that, even in your time of greatest need, You're like, I have standards.
Speaker 1: I am addicted to sugar, and I will not fuck with these, like there's something I don't I must be missing, or like, oh maybe it's just something that like other people kind of fuck with them.
Speaker 2: You raise a point in your notes about like why is it so big and California because Californians are so fucking I don't know. In LA, people would be like scoff at you to be like you did what for how much? Valentine's Day kind of shit where I feel like my but every fucking year in school it was like the thing everyone just fucking brought.
Speaker 1: I think it's how many like kid kids are in the like in your state. I don't thinking do kids love them or are they just convenient for school?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying if Texas is you know one of you know, like so much, book policy is determined by them because the share volume of books that are bought. But they got their their candy is Hershe's.
Speaker 1: Kisses, which is also a school ass Valentine's Day camp, but I'll take that. At least her she's kissing January through January. The difference between the candy heart and like every other candy other than like the nechA wafers, which are basically candy hearts without writing on them.
Speaker 2: They're just stamped thin. Yeah, community for candy hearts.
Speaker 1: That the difference between those candies and everything else is further than like any any other product that I can think of, like any cereal, Like there's no cereal that's that far below all the other cereals that But this candy is just an abomination. I don't know, can you and can you do anything with them? Like am I missing someone?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh, actually, if you put them in a mortar and pestle, you can make a dust that right, Yeah, yeah, just like getting your enemies with.
Speaker 1: So like last last time I came with this strength of conviction was for candy canes, and oh god, people came through and we're like, I love candy canes. You need to shut the fuck up. You talk too much about you know where you live, and I'm coming for you mother.
Speaker 2: Ye hey, Chalkhart gang, what do you how do you make them taste good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because like the candy cane people at least came and were like, hey, try try pluging one of those into an orange and using it as a straw, because the like acid will hollow out the inside of the candy cane and you'll be able to like drink orange juice through it, and the orange juice will be like even sweeter. No, but no, first of all, no, no, let me just but can I have a candy heart option? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I have a theory because California and New York are one of the most expensive places, and candy hearts are not that expensive. So probably because they're so cheap, that's why people like them, because we only have money for candy hearts, but also because we're depressed. A lot of us in these areas are depressed because we have no monies, and so you like to eat candy hearts to kind of soft depression.
Speaker 1: Deliver dopamine and little nice messages to us yeaheah, to say, hey, hey, keep your keep your chin up, save a little bit more, and you may be able to go in on a condo with three other people. Maybe, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: I think I think we just need some new I feel like Valentine's a just just feels tired, you know what. I mean, I just don't. I don't know why this one just doesn't hit the same anymore. And I feel like we could do something different that isn't just like here are your roses and other shit and it just feels so like obviously you know, it's just steep and patriarchy too.
Speaker 1: It's like what are you getting a lady man? Lady? Yeah? Like what can what can we do?
Speaker 2: Like I like just being like this it's memory day, create a memory that will actually last longer than that janky ass box of Russell Stover's chocolate, Like why hasn't.
Speaker 1: Sweetheart come through? And maybe they have, but like I the message like candy stamped with message good idea, like you know, but so many other candies could could have messages on them that don't taste like straight up aspirin with a light dusting of sugar, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah these well, no, there are sweethearts they have. They're called conversation hearts yea, and it just says cutie, hug me, I, hurt you XO XO and love it.
Speaker 1: Yes? How have they not caught on more? Maybe because of the sick freaks we're about to hear from from Zeitgang, who are like, no, I actually like the absence of anything other than dry sweet.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, it's like you know the ship that when you don't put a cap on a toothpaste and some of them gets hard around.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that is the worst.
Speaker 1: It's or it's the best. I actually just like take them like pills and then feel them just dissolve in my chest.
Speaker 4: The same people who like to brush their teeth in dray caple or orange juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, No, no, no, all right, I do want to get to this mixed reality headset. We're gonna run a little bit over because we have doctor John Paul Higgins with us, one of the early adopters of the Apple Vision plus pro pro jack pro.
Speaker 2: I always want to call it plus because they did everything they did was proper. Well, it used to be everything they did was pro yeah, and then they started doing everything plus yeah.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, Well, so Stanford is digging in. I don't think these studies were conducted on the Apple products, so surely it were. But overnight, you know, we're seeing a lot of people using these in different scenarios, and even if the first ones are like viral stunts that will mean that somebody else is going to do them think that those were real videos. So the complaints concerns that the Stanford scientists had after testing what they're calling camera passed through products, which is, you know, kind of the main technology here where you've got a headset on, you're using a camera to replace your vision. They're saying, you know, this could be a wave of the future for sure, but despite the initial thrill, they quickly encounter drawbacks, including visual distortions, feelings of social disconnection, and motion sickness. I feel like Apple's not going to put a product out there that's going to give you motion sickness. I feel like that's probably something that this product has cut down on. Yeah. Yeah, did you experience any like kind of queasiness or feeling of like weird disconnect with your surround human.
Speaker 4: No, So the visual distortion possibly, like I said, because you're again you are watching a video of your surroundings, so it's like it literally is like having a video camera in front of your your face. But what I will say about the social disconnection I had, I can easily see like when I took mine off, even when I was in the store doing the demo, because when I purchased mine on Friday, they were basically saying, hey, it recommended you do a demo before you purchase. Because I was one of those girls, was like, I just want it, and they were like, no, do a demo. Make sure that you like it, make sure that it fits your face. Yeah. I was like, okay, bet So I stayed there for the extra thirty minutes, did the demo, took mine home, and when I took it off, I was thinking to myself, I could see people who are very much antisocial, who just really don't want to, who don't feel any reason or need to be connected to other people. I could see how someone would be disconnected and lose themselves in this, Like I could see it.
Speaker 2: Right yah, because it's offering you all these other experiences that are ways that are very vivid that yeah, just chilling at home or wherever you live, I obviously can't offer you, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: Users reported difficulties with simple tasks like giving high fives okay, that's a lot, or eating I do just like the idea of watching somebody with one of those on just whiffing on a high five. Although I'll say I whiff on high fives all the time without anything on my face.
Speaker 2: So that is true.
Speaker 1: And even though I'm like right here, Jack, right here, right here, and you're pointing with your other hand at your pone.
Speaker 2: Always ends up me grabbing your wrists and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, five, you did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the one thing that I feel like could just generally like, no matter how good the cameras get, how smooth the technology becomes, they say, there's like a even though what you're looking at is real, it has a video game like otherness to it. It does yeah, which feels Yeah, I don't know, it feels bad.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know, Man, video games are pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also that there's like some after effects from having it on, where the effect of like you know, like one of the one of the tests they run is where you're able to like point to where you point to your nose, and like sometimes people using these are not able to do that because their nose I think, I think it your nose is actually larger than you expect it to be when you have the pass through device on right right, and then some some of that takes a little while to wear off. So even if you're like wearing it for like three hours and then going out for a walk or a drive, you still have like some weird visual psychological distortions that linger on, which makes sense to me, like just like playing like video games or like being on a boat or skiing like those three things, like have like visual tracers that like you close your eyes after you're doing it, like seven hours later, can still like your brain is still fucking around. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I used to play Guitar Hero Heavy, Yeah, every time I close my eyes, I'll just see the little shits like still my brain still sees them. But I think you know this, I wonder if someone's gonna use the Apple Vision Pro defense for like a DUI when they're like, all right, do to do the field? Sobriety test, I need you to close your eyes, get on one leg, and touch your nose, and you just like completely fucking like ostifer. I know this sounds really fucking a wild dude, but I have vision proNT that's four hours. So you should read the study. Man, it's harder to find your nose is bigger in person than in the vision bro, So I read that.
Speaker 4: Now, why were you laid on this Where were you laid on this project? Well, the Apple Vision pro you know, he threw off my.
Speaker 2: I couldn't find it like a less sympathetic excuse, like, man, what are you.
Speaker 1: Talking to my hands as toute?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want me to do it? Yeah, and it So can I say this? I will say this on air. I have a hard I also am feeling like like, yay, I have one. But I also feel like I'm feeding into the elitism of the stamp things. So I kind of tried not to talk about it too much because people being like, who are you have thirty five? Well, actually it was four four. It was forty five hundred dollars. You have forty five hundred dollars to throw away, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know you, or you could be terrible with your money, you know, Well no, but no, But easier to.
Speaker 1: Say that I'm actually terrible with my money. Yeah, but terrible.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting for it forever. And plus have that Apple cart so amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, doctor John Paul Higgins, It's been such a pleasure having you as always. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Well, when I'm not standing in line at the Apple store for a drop. You can find me at Doctor John Paul everywhere. Also, you can find me every Tuesday at the Black Fat Fem podcast on iHeartMedia, iHeart Podcast or wherever you get your podcast. And yeah, my website ww dot Doctor John Paul dot com.
Speaker 1: There you go. And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Yes, so there is a So I will say this, I am not an editor. I can edit. I actually think I'm quite good at it. But people who can sit and make edits for a very like for a long period of time of things, I find them to be the people that they're just they're just amazing. So there's this person on Twitter, Clay Garson, who has a says learned the alphabets with Nini Leaks and it is absolutely it's hilarious. Like for every single alphabet letter, there's something Niani Leaks has said, and I just I wish that she would come back to TV. I really like Leaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, what happened?
Speaker 2: I mean ever since didn't Greg pass away?
Speaker 1: Greg? Did?
Speaker 4: I think Greg passed away? Two years ago?
Speaker 2: Those two years that's how that's how behind I am with my Real Housewives of Atlanta New This way hold on, I think I just want to hear this video really quick.
Speaker 3: B is for big nose right C. It's for close your legs to Mary Man, Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nani's got some good ones, got some good ones.
Speaker 1: Nini is just a gem.
Speaker 4: I love her. So where is your scooter?
Speaker 1: Hunna? Where is it? Miles? Where can people find you? What's working media you've been enjoyed?
Speaker 2: Find me on the AT based platforms at Miles of Gray, Find us on our basketball podcast, Miles and jackot Mad Boosties, find me on my ninety dance podcast Force And if you want to hear some what else, Well, here's some if you want to know. The tweet I like is from at prod by perfectly perfectly orchestrated quote tweeted this thing it said from this from Double XL magazine that said Little John is coming out with a Guided Meditation album. TMC reports the ten track project is reportedly scheduled to drop on February sixteenth, to which prod By Perfectly produced by perfectly quote tweeted, snap your fingers, take a breath, go ahead, release that stress. I was like, you know, what is a Little John Guided Meditation album gonna be like, but yeah, I'm willing to try it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try that amazing. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien the I was enjoying. Somebody tweeted a video of the truck or convoy megas fighting each other and at Bobby big Wheel replied, we put every guy in America who's been kicked out of a t ball game in one place. Anyway, I hope it works out.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com. Or post our episodes and our footnotes. We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Just with the rainy weather that's going on, Like, I wanted something cozy, something that makes you kind of feel that.
Speaker 1: He did you know that being out out of the rain is a.
Speaker 2: Good place to be, which objectively is true. You probably don't music to feel that. But there's this artist named Milt Buckner and he like plays like old school like Hammond organ, like from back, like from the like early twentieth century, and I just I like the sound of the Hammond organ, but done in a right way.
Speaker 1: It kind of gives you a little bit of ambiance that if you.
Speaker 2: Know, turn the lights low, it'll class the joint up and you'll feel like you're in a some kind of bar restaurant that people of color probably weren't allowed in, but now we are and it's our own home. But anyway, this track is called Turquoise and is by Milt Buckner, So check that out. Just some good old Hammond lounge music for you.
Speaker 1: Well right, we will link off to that in the footnotes to Daily's Like as a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then Bye bye