Speaker 1: Man, what's hand him?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You got Marshaw, Basmall, Lynch.
Speaker 3: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin knew someone and you're listening to politickets you know to be you know.
Speaker 2: To be.
Speaker 1: Marshawn held On? Gavin, why the fuck you ain't running for president? Andre No, we're gonna get to that. I just hate I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Did anything happen this weekend? Anything happened?
Speaker 1: Hey, forty eight hours, Marshall, something happened. Something happened.
Speaker 3: What are you, by the way, what have you guys been up to the last forty hour?
Speaker 1: Doug?
Speaker 3: What the hell have you been up to?
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you about my week Avin. I've been a couple of things. I've been drinking aperol, sprints is watching my daughter's volleyball tournament. Her most of Beach, by the way, beautiful part of California, her most of Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 5: Fantastic that.
Speaker 4: I just did a huge contract for a client, Kenny Clark of the Packers.
Speaker 5: I just love Kenny.
Speaker 1: You're love Kenny.
Speaker 5: We love Kenny.
Speaker 4: Kids foot in New York for about a four hour meeting. Of course, Jet Blue Mint laid down airlines, which is great. So I had a few cocktails in that as well. And I just got back Marshawn, and you've been doing some Amazon football stuff, right.
Speaker 6: And I'm being tripping and trying to figure out why saying, my boy Batman running for motherfucking president. That's what I've been doing. I've been trying to figure out why dog ain't running for president.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'll tell you what though, let me tell you what I did.
Speaker 5: So, Gavin, how's your week going, Gavin?
Speaker 3: Everything's great, everything, this is normal.
Speaker 1: Typically couldn't be what I said, couldn't be.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Couldn't be? I mean because in my lifetime, I don't think I never seen the president and drop out like that.
Speaker 3: How old am I?
Speaker 1: I ain't seen no shit like that?
Speaker 6: And then because it make it a little bit more spicy, because I'm sitting down with possibly the motherfucker that could really go and do it.
Speaker 3: Though, by the way, I wasn't sitting down when I got the word. I was on my treadmill. I was working on the treadmill, and all this sudden the phone starts lighting up saying you obviously seen this, And I'm like this third person said, you've obviously seen this I'm like, what the hell they talking about? So I put it down to two. I'm walking.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 3: Four actually, and I'm walking and I'm like, whoa. And that was the last thing I was expecting on a quiet Sunday. And then I mean lights out on the cell phone and all the emails and everything else.
Speaker 6: Don't nobody like, you know, give you a little hey, check it out.
Speaker 3: This has got thirty seconds. This is gonna hit nothing.
Speaker 1: No head to no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that gang should work. I just know that you feel me.
Speaker 6: I fucked with you, so we locked in like this, and I'm like, hell yeah, I thought I was gonna get.
Speaker 4: So, Gavin, did you talk to Biden on Sunday? Did Joe call? Did President Biden call you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I felt Now I feel even worse because the phone was ringing off the hook, lose my and now voicemails full, and I get all these text messages from the White House and the President's trying to get in touching, but I didn't even see them.
Speaker 1: So you hear these casages.
Speaker 3: No, so president calls, the Vice President calls. I'm still in the damn gym and I haven't even I mean literally didn't even know that they called because the rest of my phone was lighting up and I was just focusing on putting out a statement on behalf of the President. Marshall, I'll tell you what's going on. People are all in now for Kamala Harris all in. I've never said anything like it. Let me tell you just a few years ago, your hometown girl from Oakland, on Martin Luther King Day, she had a rally that was unbelievable, almost twenty fifteen, twenty thousand people on Martin Luther King Day announcing her campaign for president, and she raised I remember it was like a record breaking day for a presidential Canada. I mean, it wasn't record breaking, but it was impressive. She raised one and a half million dollars in twenty four hours. In the first twenty four hours after the president resigned and supported Kamala, she raised eighty one million dollars just in twenty four hours. Everybody lined up, from myself, other governors. We had former presidents like Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton endorsing her candidcy. Now she has the delegates she needs to lock this in, including California. On Sunday night, the delegation came out formally to support her, and then just yesterday she had this unbelievable rally in Wisconsin and it was just next level energy. She's raised significantly more money than eighty one million in the first twenty four process. I've never said the script is flipped just like that forty eight hours.
Speaker 6: So who writing y'all script? Because you know, they said the NFL got a script. So I'm pretty sure in the politics that y'all got a script too. So how do this script play out?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: This script is written by the American people, Marshaun, This script is written by people that get out there.
Speaker 6: Am I considered the American citizen. I changed my mind all the motherfucking time. Sometimes I want to achieve Mrga. Then I might want some some tacos where you know, one day I might want meet some exotic and I might want something with a little bit of you feel me a little kitchen in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an easy choice. It's you don't get that. It's not thirty one flavors, buddy. This a binary choice. You got the guy who wants to bring us back to a pre nineteen sixties world, or you got Kama Harrison's just lighting it up right now. Lighting And by the way, I will say this, I pity Donald Trump right now. He was not prepared for this to happen, and he's flat footed. I know you don't want to get in politics, you know.
Speaker 6: I just say, I know, Look, they really just got that blood head thought life.
Speaker 1: You feel me. That wasn't right. You feel me.
Speaker 6: Blood was duck down and hell bounced up like terror, fright and hell of shit. I'm like, oh this And then they started playing some fifty behind many man wish there for punt. I said, look, I don't do the politics and all of that, but that right, that was some Look I don't know, you know, I'm on the outside. You feel me that I don't know what I'm talking. I'm just chilling.
Speaker 1: Is shit. But that was another right.
Speaker 3: Nothing about that was right. Nothing was about about that was right. Nothing, Hey, Gavin, that I find real quick.
Speaker 4: So I was on a plane. I've been watching the CNN and MSNBC. First of all, this jd Vance guy. This guy is dangerous. Man.
Speaker 5: This guy's a bad.
Speaker 2: Dude, Doug.
Speaker 3: I mean this, I think I think if you're Donald Trump, you're stewing right now because you know, you made a big mistake.
Speaker 5: He double won versus stupid, especially with.
Speaker 3: Commelin now in there. They weren't prepared. He's flat footed. He didn't even sound like himself. These guys. I mean this whole You talk about a script. In this case, it is flipped all of a sudden. Donald Trump is on the defense, just like that Marshawn. The whole point is after assassination check nothing about that right and was universally condemned at the Democratic Party, not just the Republican Party. It's nothing about that was right. And I reached out to his family. There was nothing about that. But I'll tell you what it shows what in politics, man, anything can happen. It happens fast. And so now this thing is a sprint. You got the convention coming up in a few weeks. But I got to tell you it's a lightning bolt for the Democratic Party, who was filled with so much anxiety and doubt about will he or will he not continue to stand the race again with Grace. I just I want, I hope we have a chance to focus on more on on Joe Biden. But it's changed.
Speaker 6: I'm not the sharpest, I won't even you know what I mean even put myself in one of them type of categories.
Speaker 1: I'm a cool individual.
Speaker 6: You feel me, y'all kick back and you know what I mean our politic like we're doing right now, Yes, sir, But Gavin, I've seen you in the public, bro. You feel what I'm saying. Yeah, and you you know what I mean. You're a governor. You went like I said, you wanted them dudes, and hell of shit, I got a lot of respect for you. I fuck with you, my boy. But this you feel me? This is a president, feel me running for a president? Fuck you less something like that? Even you feel me? How you even less something like that transpired?
Speaker 3: Or that the assassination?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that kind of gotta motherfucker scratching is dumb, Like how you even get in position of one knock somebody.
Speaker 1: Off like that?
Speaker 3: By the way, no excuse people sit on.
Speaker 6: In a driveway for days, weeks at a time and wait for that right move.
Speaker 3: And we could talk about his weapon of choice and the ease availability across the country that weapon of choice. But no, Just so so you know that the head of the Secret Service rightfully just resigned yesterday. Uh, she had bipartisan pressure to resign to your question of how the hell can you let this happen?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: There's no margin for error, there's no excuse for that. And now look all of us. I mean, it's it's radically changed the way people think about everything right now. And it sobered everybody up and and you know, look again, but it also just proves everything just flipped. Yeah, you had the rn C last week, you had sort of what up until Trump speaks.
Speaker 1: Heaven you be saying on him work R and C.
Speaker 3: Talking about you got to edge AR fifteen, the damn weapon of choice. Hey, that's what I was referring to.
Speaker 2: That ain't right.
Speaker 3: Now you're paying attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, okay, look you see my look, I'm paying attention.
Speaker 2: It ain't right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about gun safety another time. Had a huge issue. I'd under state issue. By the way, you got your own Oakland girl, Oakland through and through Alameda County prosecutor is going to prosecute the case.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she prosecuted my daddy.
Speaker 3: Person of conviction running against a guy with four point thirty four convictions. This is a moment American history has been made in real time.
Speaker 5: Marksh On No Gavin. We're fired up. Bro.
Speaker 4: Look here's the deal. We're fired up. We're beyond her. We're we got to get that dude out of there. We got to get Advance out of there. Not a big fan. So let's get to singing Rowland. We got great things in front of us next four months. Let's uh rock and roll more. Seawn tagging, drag Baby tagging.
Speaker 3: Ray By the way, we also have something in front of us today and that that's Draymond Green Man our first official interview on this podcast, Draymond And that was a hell of an interview.
Speaker 1: People gonna enjoy this one.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do a hell of an interview. Yes, Draymond Green. Draymond Green is one of the best. Him and Marchhan go way back along with myself and he's It's a great, great interview. People got to listen. It's the informative. It's powerful.
Speaker 3: Do you know why it's powerful and informative? You listen, You've never heard Marshawn Lynch and Draymond Green be this damn honest. This is next level. This was I'm telling you, this is a powerful, powerful and important interview.
Speaker 4: Hey, gop, here's the true story. Marshaun might remember this. One of the most powerful moments Moreshawn got to me was actually ironically in Draymond's hometown of Saginaw at three in the morning outside of a white castle during one of a camp out there in two thousand and eight, and Marshawn got me. He's like, hey, we need to talk. It was three in the morning. I'm like tired and want to go back to my hotel. And we end up talking till five forty five am. Literally, And remember that.
Speaker 6: Marshawn, they called him loud at night Draymond's hometown.
Speaker 5: And next up is Draymond Green.
Speaker 4: We want to welcome the four time NBA champ. We'll get to that story a little later on Marshan, but four time NBA Champ, two time Gold medalists, one of the baddest NBA players of all time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of a great father, great husband, great person. Draymond Green. Welcome to politicing and also Draymond Green with the Draymond Green Show, which is one of the.
Speaker 7: Best podcasts in the country.
Speaker 2: Legit.
Speaker 7: Thank you for joinings, Draymond.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it absolutely no.
Speaker 2: I thank you all for having me on. I'm super excited to be on. I think this is going to create some great memories for us all who hired a podcast space, and I'm looking forward to it. So thank you. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: By the way, how the hell, I mean, what was your inspiration for jumping right into the podcast world?
Speaker 2: You know what? I so, it's a funny thing and like you probably still can look it up as all this stuff lists forever had. I tried a podcast before. It was called dre Deck and it had to be one of the biggest failure, one of the worst things I've ever done in my life. And when I did it, I don't know, I probably did maybe five or six episodes, and in my mind, I'm like, I need to go on there, I need to say something so everybody get upset and break the internet. And like I was just on there going for hot takes. It was pathetic and so I stopped. And however, I knew that it was something that I would want to get back into, because what I did enjoy about the podcast space is like, sometimes I think I have some great answers, but they can get a little long winded and in an interview that's very hard to do. So I'm like, I can get on a podcast and rip. So I was like, all right, when I get it back into it, it's got to be great. I've had my one shot at that's been a failure. If I mess it up this time, like, I can't get back in. So I just wanted to get back into it so I can kind of give more long winded answers and kind of carry a conversation throughout as opposed to kind of these chopping things that we get when we're doing interviews.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, but I guess the difference for you is you're doing it the highs and the lows in the middle of the damn season, the playoffs, championship runs, and so you're generating tons of content and a lot of energy, a lot of risk in that, right.
Speaker 2: And there's a ton of risk in it. And you know, when I first started the podcast, ironically, I started and maybe November of twenty twenty one, which for us is the beginning of what was our last championship season, and everybody's like, hey man, you can't podcast. How dare you podcast and play the game? You should be in the gym, And I just look at it like, well, I've been in the gym, So what should I do with these twenty one other hours of the day that I'm not in the gym? Is it maybe okay for me to podcast a little bit? Then? And so that was kind of the talk, and before you know it, uh sports, sports media television, they're like, oh, he's podcasting, he's focused on this. To fans, he's podcasting, focus on this. And then the podcast started to become a focal point of conversation, and so it was motivating for me, like, you know what, I got to play great because they're going to try to use this thing and we end up winning the championship. So what I'll tell you, Gavin is this, you get ready, my friend, because they're going to come at you. They're going to say you're not running the state, You're not doing your job, we need a new governor. How is he sitting? He's doing to all the clips? Man, Oh listen coming Guess what? And quite frankly, one hour out of your day I don't think is changing anything. So I want to tell you good luck, but also of luck with hearing these people talk all the things that they're gonna have to say that our baseless claims but it's coming, so get ready.
Speaker 1: For some like, uh, hey, shut the fuck up, though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: That's that's kind of like how hey, shut the fuck up, and you know what I mean, do your ship?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what That's what happened in telling you, you know what I mean, you need to be out there uh uh babysitting your badass kids though, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that type ship.
Speaker 2: Though, and listen, That's how I looked at it, like, look, I'm doing I'm doing pretty well in my life, Like I've overcome a lot of adversity, i have a pretty nice salary one with think and you'd have like people like yo, you like you should be doing this, you should be doing that. So then you click on like their Instagram profile and it's like no disrespect to the common folks, but like, if you can do something else where you hour in the day, why can't I do something else for.
Speaker 1: My hour in the day, Like because you're not human?
Speaker 2: Like that's crazy though, Like if you look at my life in your life, like most people will then say I probably have the extra hour to do something, but they want to tell me that I should have spend that extra hour in the gym. I don't know. It's a very.
Speaker 7: Interesting well, people are sick.
Speaker 4: I remember, like Christian McCaffrey got married a couple weeks ago, okay, in his and his wife had his wedding dress on, and I read something There was like over five hundred thousand comments about the dress. And I'm like, this fucking guy gets married, Okay, happiest day of the life. And people are ripping on a wedding dress. These are sick fucking people, you know what I'm saying. So this is going on with the country.
Speaker 2: If she wants to walk out there with without any dress on, it's their wedding, and why does it matter to you? Like, we just need to get We just need to get. We just need to get back to a place where people do what the hell they want to do and we're about what it is that they do, and let me do what I do and worry about what it is that I do.
Speaker 4: Hey man, well Draymond, let me tell you. Let me as you know, I met you back in two thousand and six. My client Lamar Woodley saganaw sag nasty, right, Marshaan. By the way, Marshan loves Sagonaw Draymond.
Speaker 2: You know that marsh Marshawan is basically a hometown hero.
Speaker 6: Y'all know that what's up? We're gonna hit that chick a spot that you don't talk about. Absolutely, we don't fuck.
Speaker 1: Wait, it ain't sag nasty. What's up?
Speaker 7: So Gavin, no bullshit.
Speaker 2: I met him.
Speaker 4: One of my clients was grew up a Draymond and I never forget Draymond is draft for the Warriors and me and him, Marshawn and Lamar were hanging out quite a bit. And what struck me about Draymond early early back then was him and Marshaan are the same people. They don't give a shit they do the wrong thing, they don't they don't listen to people in terms of conforming. And you've almost done that, Draymond. I appreciate how you've lived your life because you and Marshawan is you know, are very similar. You guys are like family, and you've done it the same way, and you're you're both gonna go in the Hall of Fame as to the best icons of all time and everybody athletes around the world marvel at you and Marshawan, because they all want to do what you guys do, but they can't do it. And so I appreciate what you've done in your career and how you've done it because it's real and it's raw and it's really impressive.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it. You know what the reality is, I think we both we both go about things our own way, but in no way, shape or form is it a hindrance to to someone else, I think, you know, and living our lives the way we live our lives and carrying ourselves the way we carry ourselves. One thing that I think allows us to both do that is we both have a brain, like Marshan. The thing that they don't say Marshaan with the col berkey like no, like no, nope, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't get in the caw.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I think I'm a pretty smart guy. I could close to getting in the cat, you know. But nonetheless, I think we both have a good sense of who we are. I think, and more importantly, I think we both come from great mothers. I know his mother really well. Hang, that's actually sitting right.
Speaker 6: For the blaster line telling don't trip. I know I missed it this Mother's Day, but you know it's coming. That's my baby, tell you, he shout out my you should have told her to get in here, uh and give me one of them what's it called uh air hugs or some of that on the media ship, but no, realistically know, bro, I think what it is is and it's really fucking simple.
Speaker 1: We're just comfortable in our skin, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of people you feel me, they they I feel that they lack that or they just they not uh accepting to you only get one of you, And I mean, you know, you just got to maximize that motherfucker. And I think you feel me in your situation. I think that's exactly what you're doing. You're not living your life for nobody else, because once that motherfucking cast get dropped, you feel me though, that's it. And I live your life and live your life for the acceptance of somebody who probably wouldn't give a fuck about you. It kind of just don't make no sense to me. And then what I heard was common sense ain't coming. But from my understanding, it's like, why would I live to to get you to accept me?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Or get you to accept me, because at the end.
Speaker 6: Of the day, when that motherfucker, like I said, when that motherfucker drop is, it's cookies. So I'm gonna enjoy this motherfucker while I'm living. And you know what, I love to be me. I love that ship.
Speaker 8: Yes you do that, so you know you be in the cut, you know what I mean, peeping you and ship and you know, I mean, I hear a lot of people with a lot of foul shit to say about you and all the ship, and I'm just like, damn, you feel me, Like at the end today, how they rocking or you know their opinions and now.
Speaker 6: That you know, social media has gave the the platform to anybody, uh to have their opinion to speak on you know what I mean, what they feel or you know what I mean, and motherfuckers take that shit to heart. But you know what I mean when I look at it and I'm like, damn, look at my son. Don't give a fuck about what nobody. He lived his life the way that he's going to like, you know, I mean, for any for any young athlete, you know, I mean coming up in the game, you feel athlete, for any young person coming up, like just to be comfortable and accept who you are, Like it's no feeling more satisfied than looking in the mirror. And just like damn bro like I love you like when I look in the mirror and I love you like that's a great ass feeling it, you know what I mean. I don't need no acceptance from no other person to make me feel love. Now if you if you love me and you give me love, now that's extra and that's off the strip. But you know that love from yourself, that ship is so genuine, you know what I mean. And I and I see and I see that you got that and that ship is it you know, I mean, it's a proud thing. And then like you said, you know, I mean to you know, to a too understanding. Uh, young women are mothers, like I just know for a fact, like you know, I mean raising boys in America. You feel me like that ship is so important instelling us and I believe you know, like you said, they did a great ass job doing that.
Speaker 2: You fear me.
Speaker 1: Man, you got your mom's come on here and show her fake man.
Speaker 2: Take.
Speaker 7: Let me ask a question.
Speaker 4: As you know, I've been an Asian thirty years now, and you preach these young kids about things and whatnot. You're a hall of famer. Marshawn's gonna be a Hall of famer. What if you had a would all over again, forget about like eating food right and working out.
Speaker 7: More and sleep and whatnot.
Speaker 4: What would you done differently or thought differently in terms of whether it be family, friends, businesses, whatever it may be, if you could do it, if you could get drafted again.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow, play football, by the way, by the way you want.
Speaker 4: Draymond loves football, now, trust me, he might be a tight end or d ended.
Speaker 7: He could have been a d end this league.
Speaker 2: I absolutely loved football. I was a pretty good den. I think I was better at d n than I was at tight end, though I was a decent tight end in my day, but I stopped earlier. I stopped after freshman year. I was going through a Grosberg, a seven inch Grossberger, over the course of like three and a half months. But I had no idea. So after football season, my knees were hurting so bad. I could barely run up and down the court for basketball. And in my mind, I'm like, oh my god, they were chopping me down so bad. My knees from basketball. I got to stop. I went from five to eleven to this height that I am today from in between September. But you figure no November of my well, basketball season started in December, so you figure November of two thousand and four. By March two thousand and five, I was this hype from five eleven and so I was having crazy knee issues and I stopped. Nonetheless, I got a lot of respect for football players, and as tough as I think I am, I don't know if I'm not tough.
Speaker 6: Because even if you ask any of it, if you ask any Hoopers right now, that guess that man Draymond played hoops like a football player. And you feel me. We out there, you feel me. I probably need you. Probably every NFL player favorite Hooper like how they used to fight like sh taking the brush, bruh, slide on your ass on the hoop court for show. You feel straight up like you ain't. Don't come in here with none of that weak ass ship. Bro, Don't you feel me because it ain't that type of time over here.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna come in here, you gotta come in here the right way, bro, And don't be hella soft because I'm gonna tune your ass up quick.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 6: But the thing is what I what I like about it is the way that you play the game.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I see you. You you you.
Speaker 6: Putting that to how you live your life. You feel what I'm saying you. You go hard, you know what I mean with the family. You feel me though, You go hard with that ship and uh you know your business ventures and and like realistic, like you the same that you is on the court, that you is, you feel me dot and your every day walk in life. And I mean that ship show, bro, that ship showing. I ain't gonna be proud though you feel me. I mean, we ain't too too far off an age and like you know, Doug was you know what i mean, always strolling down memory lane. You know I'm talking about memory doing sag now. You you know you was a youngster, Lamar like yeah, this more and you feed me Lamar and my dog. You feel me though, but you know what I mean. As soon as we done click, oh, we was on. We was rocking like yeah, breath. And then when you get drafted to the UH, I mean you come to the UH, to the Warriors, you feel me like, oh yeah, man, oh you feel me and then you feel me like you know that's some real ship though, Like you feel me though, a lot of people getting into a position where you know, you know, they go to the league and then you know, you know they might you know, forget their roots or whatever. You was popping out to the hood. You feel what I'm saying though, you pull up in the ice on me. We was talking about uh about when I had came back to the writers Nigga, we did the little barber on due.
Speaker 1: You feel me though, And I remember my little cousin just sitting there.
Speaker 6: Stuck like like, yeah, don't say what's up, little cut He showed me that picture every time I pull up on you. But I'm like, you feel what I'm saying though, Like you pop out to the hood, like, man, what's handed. I'm not saying it like it like I'm blue or find it or whatever, but I mean, you know, just to me, it was like you come back to where you feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Well, I've always I've always told everybody like for me, I never like if you would have asked me when I when I was going through the draft process, like I'm a kid from sagon on Michigan, went to Michigan State, Like first twenty two years of my life. I never left the state of Michigan. Obviously the trial, but I was in the state of Michigan for tweeny two years. If you would have asked me, like any team where I was wanting to get drafted, the last place, the absolute last place I would have told you was I don't think I'm going to get drafted anywhere in the state of California. Like the state of California to me, sound is just so far away from home, like so far out of reach. And I'm like, I don't think I would get drafted to the state of California. Now not only do I get drafted to the state of California, but you start talking about like destiny and like how your life shape up. But I get drafted to the Golden State Warriors in Oakland, California. I get to Oakland, I feel like I'm a sacond.
Speaker 1: Off away from home.
Speaker 2: My boy, I get there and I'm like, man, I feel like I'm at home. I'm comfortable right, like I can be me, like this is who I am to my core, Like it's cool being me. Oakland understood me, you know what I'm saying, Like the city of Oakland understand me. Like it's great. And when I look at how it all played out, like for me to be drafted to that place, like I couldn't have asked for a better situation. Obviously the way basketball played that we all know. But for me to be drafted to that particular place at that time in my life, it's set me up for success because they set me up to be exactly who I've been, exactly who I am, and no matter what, nobody could change that. And to do it in a place like that, it just gave me more comfortable.
Speaker 7: Golden State.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that?
Speaker 7: The Golden State?
Speaker 3: Hey, I want to go back a little bit of Marshawn was saying just about being yourself, be authentic. But you commented about, you know when you tried that first podcast and you were trying to be something you're not. You know, we're just just societally dealing with so much stress and anxiety. People put a mask on and their face grows into it, meaning they become how people think they should behave It's so resonant what Marshaun was just saying about being your authentic self and just bringing that every day and loving on yourself, but not in a sort of you know, not in a way that's braggadocious, not a way that it's narcissistic, but just bringing truly yourself in everything you do.
Speaker 2: Is that I mean?
Speaker 3: Does that resonate with you?
Speaker 2: What what Marshall just said?
Speaker 1: You can't say brag?
Speaker 3: What the hell I said?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what.
Speaker 7: Tells me what I can't say?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Do you see how this is going? I can't even like I got another word I can't say as well, which we we'll talk about later. But but but seriously, is that I mean?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Does that resonate with you? Is that something that I mean? Is that I mean?
Speaker 2: Is that true? I mean?
Speaker 5: Is is he not one?
Speaker 2: No? It's one? And I can you know, I can trace back in my life to exactly where that came from. Any time I ever did something wrong, no matter what it was. It could be from jumping off the balance of the Porsche to get in trouble in school to getting kicked out of the recreation center, like, no matter what it would be, my mom will say one thing, to be a leader. Be a leader, Be a leader. Are you being a follower? Be a leader? Be a leader, Be a leader. That's all I ever heard. And when she was saying, She's like, God, like, stop telling me the same thing over and over, like, but does that have to do with anything? But what she was teaching me was that very thing of being comfortable, like lead, be comfortable with who you are. Someone will follow you if you just lead. You don't have to follow those dumb things because that's not who you are, Like I know the kid that I'm raising, like, that's not who you are, and that hearing that on a daily every single day, like I had no choice but to be who I am because the moment that I wasn't it's like, no, that's not you, Like I know who you are, that isn't you? Right, and growing And as I as I continued to grow and understand to understand what she was saying, then it all started to come together for me. But then you go through so many trials and different things for being who you are because someone wants you to conform, someone wants you to be there. And I was just say, like, I just feel like I'm much better at being mean than i'd be at trying to be someone else, Like I think I do a much better job of being exactly who I am than I could ever do being.
Speaker 6: Somethe So hold on, hey, hey, that ain't correct me if I'm wrong. You had you had some you had to conform to. Though at the same time though, because from what I know that you didn't speak on is when you was getting into that ship, you know you had something answer to and that was one of them ass whoopings from Mama Dad that I'm what I'm damn there pushing fouty that you feel me. I still got that fear of my mama when she you fear me, don't get that tone in that voice, like I don't give a fuck how old you is?
Speaker 1: You hear that tone in my voice, you.
Speaker 6: Know it's like, oh yeah, okay, I bet I better straighten my ship up. You feel me though, moms Mom's had that. You feel me though they pumped that uh that fearing you that that make your ass straight nothing?
Speaker 1: Yep, you know what I mean that.
Speaker 2: I'm still to this day, Still, to this day, like I tell people all the time, to this day, I am terrified of my Like it does not matter, There's nothing that can change that like, no matter what it is, did she say to me like still to this very day, like I still live my life. She actually just walked in here. I still live my life based on like what I think she's gonna say if I do this like that she is, Mama, what's up? Like that's gathering, that's.
Speaker 5: Dub Marshan's loving on you.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 6: I got my toll sign over there, and then I got my two white kids over here. So yeah, I mean I wasn't you know, Papa was a rolling stone. So you know, I'm just doing the introducing, you know what I mean. You know, got kids over there, got kids over here, and.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to bring them all together.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to grow into that father figure that you know I should have been, you know, back then.
Speaker 1: But you know it's all coming together now.
Speaker 4: Hey, Draymond, let me ask you a question that I think a lot of people don't know the whole story too. So going back to sixteen Cleveland, you get kicked out, okay, coming back to the town for the game, and you end up obviously can't go to the game, and you end up with Bob Myers, our great friend and your former GM and family at the suite at the coliseum. So what I want to know is how did more Shawn get there? And if that whole game was was filmed in the audio tape, how how great an epic moment would that tape be for to play back twenty thirty years from now in terms of what you guys were talking about.
Speaker 2: Doug, if I only knew what I knew today back then, like there should have been cameras rolling because that footage was absolutely insane. So I get kicked out, I get kicked out of the game. Well, I don't get kicked out of the game. Quite frankly, I don't get kicked out because I didn't make contacts, so you couldn't kick me out. Whatever. I didn't get suspended for a game for a punch that didn't land, but whatever, you know, we come back, we come back to Oakland and I can't play. I can't be at the arena. However, it's three to one, so I'm like, well, at the time, I'm living in I'm living in Berkeley Hills at the time, and so I can't make it from home to the arena where we went in this championship. So I'm like, I need to be close by the A's were having a game. Bob was like, listen, you could watch the game at the A Stadium in the suite. I'm like, oh, that's great. I had on all black, I had my route, my route that I was taking through the arena down. I was going to walk right past the cast while they was crying and my're all black. And it never happened. But so fast forward Bob, Bob sits in the suite with me, and Marshawn comes to sitting in the suite the entire time. He called me and he's like, Yo, where are you. Where are you watching the game? Man? I'm like, I'm watching the games at the Age at the stadium next door at the Age baseball game. He came and watched it with me. And again, if we could have had a tape roller, a camera roller during that time, I mean, what an amazing time like footage that could have been captured. Obviously I wish we would have won, But man, I look back on those times now and like you remember those people like I remember them being there with me. I can tell you everybody who was sitting in that in that sweet because it was such like a like we had these turning points of life, you know, like these moments where you can turn to it like that moment did this and like that was one of those huge moments.
Speaker 4: And was and this was on the heels of Marshawn not getting the ball the Super Bowl before. Right, so he's dealing what he dealt with you before. Now you're sitting there at the stadium going holy shit whatever, and so you guys are commiserating together. Be right, That footage and would have been some of the most iconic stuff of all time.
Speaker 2: One things for certain, Dug Hill, the real I ain't want them real. We went too real to be the Super Bowl MVP and d back to back the real challenging man too real ones like that it's m vps and easily, Oh it's a little challenge.
Speaker 3: You said it's rigged.
Speaker 2: Was it rigged?
Speaker 3: You think it's so set?
Speaker 2: I would would I would never say it's rigged because I don't believe it's rigged. I think the integrity, you know, I appreciate the integrity that the NBA does hold in the NFL, but I but I do think, like as human beings, like these aren't machines making these decisions, right, so it's not it's not. No decision ever made in NBA history, in NFL history is black and white, right, because you can't go to a rude book and say, if Draymond gets into a fight, he's suspended for X amount of games. There is no rude there is no number. That number is then decided by human beings, right, And so I don't think it's rigged, and just doing this for the last twelve years, I know how these outcomes work. I don't think any of its rigged. But I do think it's human beings. Like you're gonna be swayed one way or the other by whatever you're swayed by. Someone called me right now and said, Yo, Traymon should be suspended because and then someone else called me and said Traymon should be suspended a lota. Yeah, I don't know their reasoning for why they think Draymond should be suspended, But what I do know is that I hear them constantly in my ear telling me that Draymond should be suspended. So I could be swayed by that. So it's not necessarily that I'm swayed by YO, if Draymond, if they win this game, Raymond wins the finals MVP. I don't necessarily think that, by the way, but that person on the phone call and trying to persuade you can't be thinking that, you know what I'm sa And so I do think that the the decision could have been swayed by anything, because it's not black and white. It's not like this thing happens and it's overweight. It's a human being that's watching things, that's listening to things, that are reading things, and all of those things can sway your decision.
Speaker 1: Too much real shit going on at one time.
Speaker 3: What do you say the guy was facing one point two million dollars of fines in the Super Bowl? Is that where that comes from?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Now that now look, now that's different.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's that different.
Speaker 3: If Draymond has been facing fine suspensions, you've I mean, one thing you guys have in common as well, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, one point two million dollars finds I'll killed. I think I've been two and a half million dollars up to this. Possibly more sh.
Speaker 6: No, you know, that's just how that's just how the you know, I mean, you know, I go to his home state and there's love. He kind of mine is love, and then we could sit down and politic over some bullshit fines. You know what I mean, Dan, I mean you know we got I mean, got that in common. Then you I mean, uh, holding up that trophy. Well I ain't get the whole mind now, but holding up that trophy at the end of a uh of the season, uh.
Speaker 1: Crowned A's champions.
Speaker 6: And then you feel me though outside of that, you know, I mean every day walk being comfortable in your own skin. You know I'm talking about like, it's a lot of common similarities that you know what I mean, that we share, which is why you feel me though even if we don't talk, we can not talk for shid it could be years on out, but then as soon as we u click back up, it's like, shit, we were just with each other yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: That's that's you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, when when when you when you building and you grinding, That's what that ship is about.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: You feel what I'm saying that that's that's well you can't say that. You can't say that either, But that's real.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, which is a terrible segue. Dream of a couple of years ago, Doug. I think we were with Draymond and game five. I think of the finals in twenty twenty two. We came back to say hello, you guys are running in. You do what you always do, which is you immediately stopped over, said a low to us, uh, and we were bullshitting. You guys just won the game. You're going back to Boston for Game six, which you won, and and we were like, you know, great game, all this bullshit, and then you just randomly, I don't know if you remember this. You say, man, You're like, I'm not looking forward to going back to Boston. I said, what the hell? Because it was next level. I've been ideal with shit all the time, people saying f this and you but that crowd and the end word, and you said it got in your head. I think it was Game three.
Speaker 1: I was too close.
Speaker 3: I no, that's as close as it will ever get. It was close as it will ever get. But you but you. It was interesting. It was like a vulnerability that I'd never seen in you. For all the bravado, all the bs, you just had a great game. You guys crushed. I think Wiggans had a ridiculous game.
Speaker 7: That game you guys were on high.
Speaker 3: It was inevitable you were going to win Game six, but you were like hurt by that.
Speaker 2: I was. I listen, I think I've been booeding just about every arena. It happens a part of my sick mind. I love it. It gets me going. Like sometimes I run out Every now and then I will catch an arena where I run out and either the crowd missed them calling my name, or you know, maybe they don't hate me as much as the next place. But every now and then I run out it and I don't get booed, and it is like the weirdest thing. It's like a thing in our huddle. If I run out and get booed, everybody like.
Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Like like what is this? Like? So I'm like, that's what happens. It's been happening in my entire career. When we got to Boston, I had never heard like Cleveland. You can imagine getting suspended for trying to hit brin Like Cleveland. They are drunk, loud, raunchy like Boston. Was that times a thousand on stere rooms Like I couldn't believe it, the things that they were saying like how they were saying like you could hear the hatred, like running down the sideline, and the way someone would say something to me like you could hear like it was almost giving me like, wow, you really want to do something else to me, Like if you could and I wasn't running up and down this basketball court, you'd be willing to take this as far as you could take it, Like I'm getting that feeling running down the court. And then, by the way, every time, every time there's an opportunity, there's a break in the moment, it is the loudest chance of fuck you Draymond ever And then those chants like as the game start back and I take off running down the court, the fuck you Draymond chests go away. But now the like the jabs from from the salon, from the courtside, from people right behind course, now all those jobs are coming there and it's inward. It's the B word. It's like everything you can imagine. I'm just like, yo, this is nuts. So Game three it threw me off. It's like, whoa Game four? I got benched. I haven't been benched since I started playing. I get benched in game four. Steve Kirks starts going offense, the defense up I'm playing, I'm like so out of it. In game four, him a little bit better, but man, I'm going there's a play and Steph I caught the ball out of a trap, and I'm like, this is game four. I caught the ball out of a trap. There's not really anybody in front of me. I don't even look at through them. I just turned back and look for Steph again, and stuff come flying out of nowhere. I hit him on the right wing. He hit a big three. It was a dagger three. But like I was so mentally gone. I didn't know what to do with the basketball. I was like here, like take it. And and at that point, by the way, because I'm going offense to defense, so my confidence offensively is shot. Like you're now taking me out of the game on offense and only putting me back.
Speaker 7: It was this the only game I catched the ball? Was this the only game You've been screwed up like this?
Speaker 2: Oh? To like like gone? And so we went game four and I literally went up to step after the game was like, yo, thank you, I got you. I got you in game five and then we're gonna come back here in game six and these boys done, and that's exactly what happened. But man, I was like I was gone. There was no better feeling than the way I bounced back in game six.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And watching their fans, some of them walk out the arena, and watching some of them sit there and discuss watching us celebrate the championship on the floor.
Speaker 3: Marshawn, You have any ever had the experience with I mean, at that level of the crowds that they're just got in your head in a different way.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, I went the crowd now you know, it's it's a it's a I'll say, it's a little different considering you know, I mean the distance from the crowd to the field, and I mean, you know how how I'm locked in. And then even if it was a situation where where I did I did I did? Then Buffalo, we were playing in Pillian and one of the uh one of fans told me, hey, fuck you black motherfuckers, go get back in your fucking carn go and hit somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That was a yeah, that was close to something I had like that.
Speaker 4: But well, Draymond, it got so bad for marsh I don't know if you know the story back from Marshawn and Buffalo, Like his second year there, he would literally be in the in the player's parking lot, okay and ten and windows music playing loud. The cops would pull them over when he left the players parking lot and give him a ticket for ten and windows and the music being too loud. This started, This started happening, so Marshawn's so, I'm like, you know what if I don't get him on a Buffalo, he may not ever get out of Buffalo, you know what I'm saying, Like it may his career may be done, and they would follow him home all these different things. I I at one point I yelled at a cop publicly. I said, a cop in Buffalo is a racist roade cop. And his cop sued me for basically calling him out for for defamation. Luckily I found out he didn't pay his taxes, and I got wow, and my loss was dismissed.
Speaker 2: But it got level work right there.
Speaker 7: But it got INFALOI he.
Speaker 6: Was doing his age and ship at that time, yes, but but but but real real talk though, bro, Like you know, I mean with all that ship going on, and yeah, I mean just just uh you know the.
Speaker 1: Story you're just telling. How you doing mentally though?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 6: Like you know what I mean with everything going on for the position that you're in right now. Yeah, I mean, uh, just realistically, like aside from you know, I mean everything or what the what the public know or that you you know, you might post or you might put out there.
Speaker 1: How you doing mentally.
Speaker 2: Though I'm doing. I'm doing. I'm in a great space. Man, I'm doing great. But boy, last year was one of the hardest years of my life and it really took me to a real fucked up space mentally.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is like in going through everything that I would through last year, I think it took me to such a bad space because basketball is one thing. You know what I'm saying, Like, if I'm honest, I mean, you know me, well, the person that I am when I'm competing, it's not the same person that I am on a daily basis. I can beat that person at any time, right, Like you can push me to that point. But I'm way more calm on a day to day basis than I am on the basketball court. Like I'm competing, Like it wake up a totally different beast and so. But regardless of who I am on the basketball court or whatever, people start the things that people started to question and say about me that was affecting people around me really started to really started to get to me. Like, you can say what you want about me. That's fine. I've heard these things for years on end. Of the things that people had to say and their thoughts about me, I can deal with, though, but when it starts to affect people around me, in particular my children, Like the things that some of the things that my kids will like come home and ask me or say to me that's been asked to them or said to them at school, was kind of like, damn right that that started to tell me. That started to really bar me down mentally. I started going to like I really start taking like therapy, like going to therapy. And it was a very interesting thing for me because I tried it once before, but I tried it on a very specific thing that I was dealing with, you know, like I was dealing with this specific thing, and I'm like, man, I need to get some help with that, Like, so let me try this. So that would always It's crazy because every year the league they are our league. They do these you know, where they come out, they talk about mental health. They'll introduce like the team psychologists and all these things. I always say, like a lot of the things that they do though, like the financially check the box and there's no real commitment to you should do this or you should do that on most of those things. And so but however, when the guy would come speak every year, Steph and I would kind of lead out and Stephan would share his experience or not that he's had or not, and I share my experience that I had or not, and my experience would always be man fellas, I know how I need to do this, but I'm scared, and so I'm really telling y'all this because I'm afraid of it. And if I tell y'all that i'm afraid, this may be the thing to push me to go do it right, and nope, I still be afraid and not do it. So finally I was like, you know, I have this very specific thing that I'm dealing with. Let me see where this can get me. And I started taking therapy to deal with it, and it got better for me, Like I was able to talk through it and work myself through it, and so I'm like, man, that's interesting. Nope, still not enough to get me to where I need to go because the issue that I really need to go for I think it's so deep and I'm not ready to face it yet. Because the thing with it is like when you go to therapy you can uncover some things. You can't just lead those things there. You gotta deal with those things now, so be afraid and so so afraid that I'm like, Nope, I'm still not ready to do that, and I pulled away from it. And then when once I started going through this, I'm like, you know what, I need to do that. But not only do I need to do it to deal with this thing. I'm finally out of place now to where I'm ready to confront those things that I need to confront because by the way, those things could be driving me back to this same spot I keep on and up here. And man, that that was such a great time for me because it was it was like, let's see, jeez, it was I mean, I didn't I didn't play basketball for a month and a half and I didn't like do anything basketball wise, workout, like be on the schedule for like three to four weeks, and it was great for me because it allowed me to settle back into just being Draymond, not the pressures are going to work out, not the pressures of a schedule. I gotta be there tomorrow, I gotta be here. It allowed me to lock back into me, focus on the things that I need to focus on, start the process that I needed to start, the things that I needed to work through. And man, it was such a and has been not because it continues, but it's been such a powerful space for me because and as you know, in our neighborhoods, we're taught that those things are for soft people like that if you do that, that you're weak minded and you should be just you should be able to push through these things. But the reality is these things that we're pushing through it's killing us. And yeah, I can push through it all I want, and I could be tough all I wanted, and I can look like to you that all of it is bouncing off of me and I'm just running through it. But the reality is what it's doing to me on the inside. It's like really tearing me down, and it's not allowing me to be my best self. Not only for myself, but for those that I know depend on me to be my best self. And I am also someone that even if you don't depend on me to help you be your best self, I think I have a way about me of helping you be your best self in a way that you didn't really know that you need. And I wasn't able to fulfill that in my life and that was bothering me. And so it's been an incredible journey. It's very interesting because I used to have these conversations with my mom on like, man, like why is mental health being pushed in all of these things and life? And and it's crazy because to get to that space and actually go through it, like for her to even be like, you know, for my mom to even look at it and be like huh, start asking questions, well, what about this? But how does this work? How does that work?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: And it's like wow, Like now we're talking about if I can change her, and we start talking about changing generations. That's the real change we need because in order to change the generation after us, it's also our responsibility to change the generation before us. And so that's been my That's that's like I haven't been extremely outspoken about it because to me, it's a very personal journey and it's personal to me and to those that I am close to. And so I'm like, I got very long win it, but I saw that to say, I'm in a great space mentally. But I worked, I didn't work. I work really hard to be here. Brother.
Speaker 3: Thanks for sharing that, man, that's next level. That's really thank you, seriously. I mean, you have no idea how resident that is with so many folks, and to hear a guy like you be that honest man that that's that's going to make a real difference.
Speaker 1: So I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: No problem.
Speaker 6: No, So look there's twelve for you right going into thirteen. I'm going into thirteen, going in at thirteen. So look, no, with basketball, you know you play ship till you damn near fifty for.
Speaker 2: Going.
Speaker 6: But look, one of the things you feel me though, as I just heard you speak, like you know what I mean at the end of the day. You know, I mean being you know in my position, shit retire from the league what two, three times or whatever how many times it is. When I got to that point, you know, I felt institutionalized.
Speaker 1: Right So after the first.
Speaker 6: Time I had retired, when I had this time to myself and it was on me to make a schedule. I was clueless because I was you know, I mean I'm used to you know, at this point in time, I got to do this. At this point in time, I got to get ready to go and you know, get ready for OTA's or minie camp or whatever. And yeah, I mean realistically, what I did was, you know, I mean I short changed myself, you know, by by being in the league just not preparing myself for what you know comes after that. So if it was be anything that I would give to you know, younger players, it would be don't take this time or while you're in the league to understand how to schedule a time for yourself for a day, because that.
Speaker 1: Shit was so hard for me, bruh.
Speaker 6: And when you talk about, you know, the mental aspect of everything and how that shit started to weigh on you and how it started to tear you down, Like I could not plan a day for myself. So when I went back to the Raiders, you know, I took an opportunity to learn some shit about myself in order to schedule you know, I mean times for me to do certain things or you know, I mean just just to go through the day, you know, as a person, because we've been, like I said, institutionalized. So if it's something that I would give you know, I mean that I would give to you is not to take for granted, you know. I mean the opportunity that you have right now at your fingertips for you know, when you're done. But it's something that you are doing right now that I think, you know, you you know, ten steps ahead of the game because you are actually, you know, doing something that's gonna set you up for when you're done. Yeah, I mean you'll fall into and you got you know, I mean you gotta you gotta like a rhythm of something that you could get into.
Speaker 1: But learning how.
Speaker 6: To schedule your day out as just a as a as a human, which I feel I feel a lot of guys who I mean retired from the game because they all believe that I'm gonna do this shit for forever and that's not the reality of what it is that we in. So, like I said, if it's something that I could get to, like, take that scheduling that you got right now and think about how you can apply that to your everyday life because that shit get you know, I mean ten times, or like my life outside of the league is so much different and so much harder because it's not that I gotta go be accountable for something that got something to do with the team, but this is something that I gota accountable for my life and growing, like all of that shit mattered, bro So, Like I said, as far as like, you know, the meeting, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: The nutrition, Uh, the fucking workouts.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, the study time, you know, I mean the whole situation, like starting your mind to to start to plan something that you'll be able to take away from the game that you could be able to implement into your life for when you're done. And I believe that, I mean, any player that has the opportunity to play for a professional team like to take that and learn how to implement that in your everyday life, bruh. And I think like a lot of the mental issues that we have professional athletes have for after they done, I think that's how you can counteract, you know, all of the shit that's going on because you know, I mean, you know you talk about the financial literacy when they come in, I can remember going to meetings, and I mean, you know, all the young dudes, they only stay in this meeting because they know at the end of it we get to get the Madden checks.
Speaker 1: But a lot of time, you feel meate they.
Speaker 6: Given is them on you know, I mean financial literacy, Yeah, I mean uh uh you know, uh health things that you do to help your health. I mean, just to keep your mind right. And nobody was paying attention to that ship. And I was one of those guys that would just sit in that meeting on some ship that just like you know what I mean, I don't want I don't want to walk out. They given some information, they given some Isthm. I want to try to at least if I could sit in this meeting, you know, for an hour or two, you know, I mean to to to get something that's gonna help me in life, because I mean, I was one of them players who you know, I ain't gonna be able to do this for the for the remainder of time of my life, but when I'm gonna be able to take from it. And even though I did stand, I mean, I still felt like I short changed myself by not you know, I mean implementing all those small things that we take for granted. So it's just them little ships that I believe that uh, you know, we should really focus on and pay attention to in order to help us to get you know what I mean, outside of our mind, because one thing I know is about professional athlete level. Once we get in our head and it's not for the right reasons, then we had those situations to what we would just talk about where Yeah, I mean the smallest things like crowd noise. We know that shit on a on a day to day basis, that shit don't mean nothing. But once we get in our own hit, that shit start to affect us to a point where we don't even recognize ourselves. Yes, but man, what you just said though, bro, that shit was that shit was powerful. And I mean, you know, just being in my position, I feel like, you know, at at a point in time, you know it will come to you know, I mean, me having to be vulnerable to open up, to go and sit down with somebody that you know what I mean, express my feelings in my thought process to you know, to see what I'm fucked up at. And I mean, you know, we just like you said, you was where we come from and how we look at things where you know what I mean, we looked at if you do it's a weakness, you know, I mean you soft, you know what I mean, you pussy all.
Speaker 1: That type of shit.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, man, the way that you said, I'm doing great, like I can see that on your face and I can believe it, considering when you talk to somebody in a.
Speaker 1: Bullshit lord, no, no, I'm doing.
Speaker 6: Good type shit and in reality they got a motherfucking costco list of shit that they dealing with that got them fucked up. You feel me so, man, Yeah, realistic, Like I appreciate you saying that shit because I mean, you know, it put me in a state of mind where, like, you know what, maybe this is something that I want to try though you feel me so helly.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, bro, some solid shit, I believe.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciate it, man, And I think you know, one of the things you'll find is like you end up talking yourself through your issue like it is to have that soundboard to give you some guidance to help guys you're here. And I think one of the funnest, wonderful, funnest things exercises that I've done in my life. Like, we go through all these exercises, and you know, whether it's in basketball exercises, whether it's in school exercise, and whether it's at your job or my job, these exercises that we have to go through. One of the best exercises that I've ever done in my life was like tracing something back through my life because ay, it takes it like and again, you have to be prepared for it because it can take you through some places that you like, you're smile as big as here, right, like wow, it just took me back to that moment like that was incredible. But it can also take you to a moment that you didn't love. You know what I'm saying, That was like real dark for you. But that's a part of it, you know what I'm saying. That's a part of getting back to the root of this problem. So many things, Like it's no different than things that we deal in America like or things that you deal with over here. If I just fix what looks like the issue on the surface, there's still a problem under neath that's going to eventually If if there's mold up here and I take that thing off and replace something, replace it with a new cap because the new cap isn't molded. But if the mode is underneath the top cap, yeah, then the top cap just the new one just molds.
Speaker 7: It sounds like Gavin's day job, Draymond.
Speaker 1: A tough day job.
Speaker 7: It sounds like your day job.
Speaker 2: So you know, I think doing that work, man, I think you will find it enjoyable whise you work through it. But like I said, not to be like some like I'm this advocate. It's just my personal journey and I'm enjoying my journey.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate you sharing that with.
Speaker 2: This big deal brother.
Speaker 4: Hey d let me ask you question, and I say this, You're so talented, bro. You got You've got so many things you can do in your post career. Obviously got a huge media career. You could go to the team side, to be an ownership in someplace and all that. Where do you see yourself in ten years Because you've got so many things in front of you can do. That's really cool. But I mean other than the media and owning a team or being a GM somewhere whatever it may be, where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, that's that's an interesting one. I think, uh, well, Number one, I think media as we've known it, I wouldn't like it's going to change, and I want to spearhead that change. I think media as we've seen it on a daily for the last twenty years, nothing lasts forever. And I think a big change in media is coming. And like a side of social obviously social media has changed, but I think a big, a big change is coming in media, sports media, and I want to be a leader of an usher and that change in also, I would love to I would love to be a part owner of a sports team. And I think for me, I don't just like I've seen the part owner of a sports team thing like if I want to be a part owner of a sports team, I want to. The reason I want to do that is because a I see something special in that team and that organization and that owner of something. But more importantly, I see something that I can bring to that situation that can help that situation go further. I don't want to be the guy that's just like, oh, you can plant some money, like like that's great, and like we're all looking for great investments and there's no better investments and sports teams right now, like I want to help win, Like sports is fun, but there's nothing like winning in sports, like like you talk about, you talk about like a feeling that you like that is hard to reproduce through anything else. Winning in sports there's no better feeling. And so for me, if absolutely so for me, if I can be involved in team ownership, but involved in a way that I can help usher in some things from my perspective that I think can help win, that I'd love to do that. And by the way, I've been in it now for thirteen years, I think I know the difference in being someone that can help win and being an owner that everybody's like, yo, get the hell away from you, like because because we run into that too. And I think I can easily find a balance in that because I've been on the other side of it, like I've been one of those players that's like somebody see the owner and their team coming, like yo, if you don't keep him as far away from me as you possibly can.
Speaker 4: And the scary thing, Draymond, as you know, is that there's more owners that you want to run away from the than go to, which is scary.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Real ship though, like you you you are like one of the one of the faces of the new the new media type ship though, right and what you got going on and what you've proven that you know, I mean, you could be successful in real talk, you can give my uh you could give Batman some some uh some advice because you feel me like real talk like you you you you in the game, you feel what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You active in the game, and you got a show though.
Speaker 6: You feel what I'm talking about Batman active governor right now? You feel what I'm talking about, Like when this motherfucker get up out of here, he gotta go, you know what I mean, back to the UH State captain and he gotta go get back into UH governor mode. You know what I'm talking about. But he got it, he got it, He got a pocket ask that he rockets lab right now, so realistically, like you know what I mean, not just even from just the sports aspect, but I mean, you know, dog being a governor, politician and ship any active right now, like I don't know, I mean, you showed that it can be done. And now I don't know if you could say following the footstep.
Speaker 1: But you could give you could give brus.
Speaker 6: Someism on how you know what I mean, how this ship can really work? Like what would you what would you tell Batman as far as like being active and what you got going on and then also.
Speaker 1: Having a platform to go.
Speaker 6: And speak, you know, I mean to the to the to the public about what's really going on and how to balance that and how to actually make that ship successful.
Speaker 1: You really that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fact.
Speaker 3: And winning in politics ain't bad. It ain't just sports.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. Went in in general is one of the better feelings. Sports is just what I do. But no, I think what I will say is this, Listen, we understand that when we put ourselves, when we put ourselves out here like this, and by the way, I respect you obviously you know I've been had the utmost respect for you, but I respect you for putting yourself out like this. It's it's the exact reason why I've appreciated living in the state where you're the governor is because you haven't heard from anything and anything that's going on. You've been standing on the front lines and you've put yourself out there. And right now is like I don't. I don't know the numbers, but my guess is that you're our first governor to do a podcast, and if not, you're you're you're by far the biggest to do it. So when I look at that, like, to push yourself out there in that manner, to me is admirable. And the reason that it's admirable is because most people a won't do it. But number two, when putting yourself out there to where someone could potentially pick at it, to where someone can potentially use it to try to tear you down. When doing something like that, for as big as the risk is, as big as the reward is, and you know so for you to put yourself out there, like the platform that you guys are going to build and have, there won't be a stronger platform than that. You know why, because I know exactly where to go to hear what you have to say, and that platform becomes as important as ever and you do whatever it is that you want to do with that platform, and for you and everything that you've done since I've known you, you're going to do good with that platform. People will tear it down. Like I said before, Oh you're the governor, You're not worried about this. You're not doing that thing. There's a crisis going on over here. You should be doing that. And it's like, well, quite frankly, have a life. That is my job. I also have a team that even if I'm sitting here doing my podcast, I have a team that's working somebody. It's like someone's working, like I'm just out here sitting down doing a pot and nothing's going on. Also, am not going to look at this sheet of paper for twenty four hours a day or look at this screen for twenty four hours a day. And sort of thing that I would just say most is like, embrace, embrace the good in it, embrace the failures because you're gonna say something that everybody's going to go crazy about. But by the way, you're going to say way more good things that everybody go crazy about the bad. But none of us say all great things. So the one thing we say everybody don't try to pounce on it. And the only thing I would say about those times is like, in the good in the bad, stand on each one of them. And I know you've done that in your career and how you've built to this point. But when it goes good. I'm gonna stand right here in this pocket and I'm gonna appreciate it. But I'm gonna know that although it's going good, i gotta keep working and when it goes bad, I'm a stand in this pocket, appreciate it and work to make it better. Because when you're speaking this much, it's only a certain amount of time that you have before you say something that someone don't like. Oh and by the way, if you're absolutely great, fifty percent of the people appreciate what you say, if you're the absolute best. So I would just say, embrace it, stand on it, embrace the platform, dive into the platform, because the platform is powerful. The platform creates change, and that's what we're out here to do in order and to build a platform that can do that. It's special.
Speaker 3: Appreciate this conversation has been special. I've already fed up with said, what the hell you didn't want me to say? Braggadocius Jesus, Yeah, that ain't even right. But you know what, you know what is right? Everything about you, Draymond Man Uh, your leadership. You're all about accountability, you take responses. I mean, it's something we love about marshawn As well, you guys are just remarkably authentic people.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And this has been a hell of a conversation, illuminating and insightful. And I'll tell you what that is deeply part of my day job as well, be having the gift of a platform where we can have these real and raw conversations uh and check each other and all the bs that's out there. So we appreciate you being here and uh and Marshawn, I appreciate Uh. I appreciate how you guys engaged and elevated this conversation a whole other level.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: No, Draymond, we love you man. Like I said, I got one question for you, Dreymon. I remember last question back in two thousand and eight fire you fired your first aid. You just remember and I remember Lamar because I remember Lamar coming to me and saying, hey, Draymond's going to leave his guys, and what do you think? And and and correct me if I'm wrong, If you say the wrong thing, I'm not gonna have a good day. Did I have a chance to represent even those football guy if I came at you?
Speaker 2: Of course you had, Oh God, of course you had. You You were you were, you were so caught up in Marshaan, Eric Kendricks and Uh, all of these guys. I couldn't get the time of day.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what they had me on the whole time.
Speaker 7: That is that what this whole damn thing was about, all about men.
Speaker 6: Trying to put his his envelope in the in the.
Speaker 7: Hand there you know dream.
Speaker 4: We love you, bro, We love you man, and have a great rest of summer and eight season next year and we'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: All right. I appreciate y'all fellas, Thank y'all for having me on.
Speaker 6: Okay, God, man, make sure you tell moms what's handed.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hit it from my new jack too.
Speaker 2: Bro. Okay, I bet that I'll let it up. Oh God, all right, appreciate y'all. It's great, brother, Thank you, all right, thank you, No problem.