Speaker 1: A you found the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much too. Finally, it's pretty easy actually, thanks for being here. I love it. I love it. And hey, just a reminder, if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full show, whole hour.
Speaker 2: I dare you to try it.
Speaker 1: At the Brook and Jeffrey Feed. But for now we'll get into some questionable relationship advice.
Speaker 3: Second date, up date.
Speaker 4: For a date? Would you rather be silently ghosted or blatantly canceled on?
Speaker 1: Yikes? And at least you would know if you're blatantly canceled on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but wondering I can make up my own excuse, like I'm too perfect?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're doing when you're ghosted? There's still that like glimmer of hope that maybe they got the wrong bar or maybe they.
Speaker 1: Got a rest their phone broke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they fell down a man hole and they can't get out. Oh did you then to story for yourself? There? That makes you feel good. But today one of our listeners, Jillian, thought she had a second date locked down until she got one very strange last minute text, calling it off, and now she's really confused and needs our help. Jillian, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 1: My interest is so Pete. I don't want to know what that text message says that someone wassed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's start at the beginning of your story. How did you meet this guy? What's his name?
Speaker 7: His names Zach?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay, where did you and Zach meet?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 7: We met at a bar?
Speaker 1: Oh in real life?
Speaker 7: In real life? Yeah, I know. So it was like last Friday night. I had been planning on staying in, like not going out at all that night.
Speaker 1: That's what it always happens, right, I know, right, which means that you weren't looking your best. You're probably kind of a mess.
Speaker 4: But yes, okay, it's a harsh.
Speaker 1: No, I don't mean that in a mean way.
Speaker 7: I was looking at okay, Dea is me there? Yeah? Then I had this like feeling after I got home from work where I was like, no, you know what, I actually don't want to have a cozy night in. I want to go do something.
Speaker 6: Feeling. I always have the feeling to go. You get that feeling to go out.
Speaker 1: So fun you bring in the good energy.
Speaker 4: Okay, So where do you go.
Speaker 7: So I called my girlfriend. We go to a bar kind of by my place and we're just hanging out and then I see this guy and I like, I don't usually make the first move, like ever, but I was kind of like listening to their not listening to their conversation. But I was at the bar trying to get a drink.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say, but I was kind of drunk, so I.
Speaker 4: Did it.
Speaker 7: Right there. They were talking about the movie Wicked, oh, and I had just seen it, and their opinions were like totally wrong. So I jumped in to tell him why he was wrong, but also just like to flirt with him.
Speaker 5: And okay, right off the pack, don't argue about a man with way, I just.
Speaker 2: Know that there's two guys arguing over wicket together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I already know why he's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, Oul, come on, Yeah, if you like touch their arm and stuff, then they love an argument.
Speaker 7: So anyway, we ended up talking for a while. We went to another bar together, just the two of us. Okay, yeah, well she was kind of done. She was like, yeah, I came out for you, so if you're good, like bye, and we had plans for a second date. We were going to go to this bar that has ski ball and I was going to beat him at skyball and I was ki oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So you guys even talked about where and when and all of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all of it. And so then shere's the crazy part. That morning that we're supposed to go out, I get a text from him that says, I'm onto you, dates off on to you, on you, I'm on to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I texted it back and I was like, what are you talking about? And then he just couldn't answer me.
Speaker 1: Does he think that you're in a relationship or something. That's the first thing that I think, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: We should have asked, are you currently with somebody?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, okay, She's like kids, Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: And that's so strange too, because you don't have any like it's not like you can ask his friends. You don't know anybody that he knows.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, right exactly?
Speaker 1: If you Google search your name, is there like a weird news article that comes up of somebody who with a shared name.
Speaker 7: I don't even know if he knows my last name to google me at all, but also like, I don't think anything crazy comes up.
Speaker 6: Last name is Dahmer.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I swear I paid to have all those articles to let it y.
Speaker 7: Yeah. My best guess is that maybe one of his friends like thought I was someone else that they recognize me, you know, like dark bar. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: What that's happened in my friend group before. She was some other girl bro. Never mind, it could be that.
Speaker 1: Like a girl from the dating apps. Yeah, he was just so bold and that you don't follow it up, Like if you're gonna be accused, just tell me what I've been accused of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just so frustrating. Like I've texted him a few times being like, hey, I don't even need to go out again, I just want to know what are you upset about? And I don't get anything.
Speaker 1: Well, and you need to know for future dates because what if other men say the same thing and you still don't know what you know?
Speaker 2: You're how is your purposely using him for something?
Speaker 1: Just tell us now.
Speaker 4: At least mass texting him makes you sound super laid back and chill, so he has nothing to complain about. When we call him now and try and ask him why he didn't follow through with the second date that you had already arranged with him.
Speaker 1: Will we ask him what the hell that text message meant?
Speaker 4: Really, pile on and tell everything is done wrong in his.
Speaker 1: Life and his opinions that wicked suck y good.
Speaker 4: We will beat him into a second date update coming up right after this second date update. I can't believe we never caught the nursery rhyme connection because our listener, Jillian, I met a guy named Zach Zack and Jill. Zach and Jill you mean Jack and Jill, but it sounds it sounds pretty close.
Speaker 1: Okay, someone someone flugged preschool in this room and it was definitely not Zach.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to rhyme, Jill.
Speaker 4: Sorry for trying to draw a connection. I thought it was a cute story, right. They met at a bar. They were drinking pails of white claw together. Rhyme goes, Jill said great to another date, and Zach canceled last second. Okay, that's where we are today. Like a total jerk, Zach reached out to Jillian the day of their second meetup and said, I'm on to you. Date canceled.
Speaker 6: So Zach just is fetching a pail of water right now.
Speaker 1: He's rolling down a hill. I think white Claw.
Speaker 6: I got the nursery right now.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is confusing, especially to Jillian, because there was no explanation for what he meant by I'm on to you.
Speaker 1: It's so accusatory. I mean, the thing is is that although Jeff you're calling him a jerk, he thinks she's a jerk, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we don't know why.
Speaker 1: Exactly I'm on to you.
Speaker 5: We'll raise an eyebrow to anybody. Yeah, walk up to me and say that right now, I'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, what you feel guilty? Yeah, no matter what do Yeah, my guess is that he's going to be coming in hot like a text like that.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be I just thought, what if it's his tagline? What if he answers it like I'm onto you?
Speaker 9: Hell?
Speaker 6: You know what if that's his thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you probably don't want to end up with him. Yeah, probably not dial his number. See how he answers the phone if he picks up, and hopefully get an explanation. Are you ready? I'm ready? So that was a question just to myself when he's talking to jeff.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hello, Hey is this Zach?
Speaker 8: Yes, who's speaking?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Hey, Zach, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: What is this Hello?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Sorry for that. She was so flirty with that question. This is there a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a segment called second Date Update. Okay, you could help us because we have a listener who you met up with the other night. Her name is Jillian.
Speaker 1: You guys met at a bar.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, are you joking?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: No, yeah, she keeps texting me.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, I can hear your confused. Can I tell you what we know from what Jillian told us, because she said, you guys met at the bar the other night, you hit it off, ended up separating from your friend group to just hang out one on one, and then arranged a second meetup. Had it all planned out until the day of she got this cryptic text from you saying I'm on to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Wow, Okay, so she'd told you a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean, honestly, she has no idea what you're referring to in that text message.
Speaker 8: Well, I can explain that that.
Speaker 4: Would be great, because she just does not understand what happened, if she did something wrong. We're just trying to give her some clarity.
Speaker 5: We asked, are you in the middle of some awful dealings? And she's like, I am not in the midst of evil, so you know what I mean. So she has no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Okay. So the day of the next date, I went back to the bar that we had met at and the spartender recognizes me and he says, hey, are you hanging out with Gillian again anytime soon?
Speaker 1: Oh? They know her at the bar. Oh, like she's a regular or something.
Speaker 8: Okay, well that's what I was thinking. So I say, what's going on? How do you know her? And he says that she calls the bar like every night, asking if there's any cute guys there.
Speaker 1: Oh really, this world just opened up? Are you serious? She calls it ahead of time, just to see if it's worth her time to go down there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not just that place. Apparently she does that all over town.
Speaker 1: How do you know all over town?
Speaker 8: Yes, that's what the bartender said. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: So are you upset that you were the cute guy that the bartender reported on a compliment or.
Speaker 4: The fact that she calls the bar every single night going out.
Speaker 1: There, Like she doesn't go to the bar every night though.
Speaker 4: Unless there's cute guys.
Speaker 8: Enough.
Speaker 6: That's why she decided to go. From I'm staying home, I'm going out.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's worth you're going out for.
Speaker 3: That's a compliment she said to you.
Speaker 4: She mentioned that the night that she was going out and met you, she was considering staying in, but something changed her mind and she wanted to go out that night instead.
Speaker 8: Okay, so it.
Speaker 4: Turns out that something was a phone call to the bar to ask if there's any good looking guys there, but we didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Why does that make you so upset?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just another cute guy at a bar to her. And it's just kind of shady that she is talking how spontaneous this whole thing was, when really she kind of planned the whole.
Speaker 1: It feels like you were deceived a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's nice to be the cute guy, but now it's like you don't feel special because every night there's another cute.
Speaker 2: Guy, and I just feel it's weird someone pretends they just met you randomly when they didn't acting a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: I didn't feel special at all and pretty weird to me.
Speaker 1: Now you should feel special. You're on a radio show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she calls us every day though she's before ever. Actually she specifically reached out so that we could get in contact with you to find this information out. That should mean something.
Speaker 7: Right, I guess.
Speaker 8: I mean now you have your reason.
Speaker 4: Uh okay, well, thank you for that, and we're thankful. But who I think is more appreciative is actually Jillian, who is on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 6: It does soe like she's like always on the other line.
Speaker 1: Oh my, this is the only one actually making phone calls these days.
Speaker 3: Jillian, are you there?
Speaker 7: I'm here, and I have quite a bit to say in response to that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, No, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 7: When did ieme wrong? Listen? First of all, I do not call them every night like Friday and Saturday nights. Okay, okay, And like listen, if I'm at home, I want to have to like put on pants and like make up, and you know, like just to go to a bar when there's nobody there, and so I'll call be like, hey, is it popping. There are a lot of guys there, what's going on? But I was not lying you guys when I said I almost never approach anybody.
Speaker 6: Oh, she did mention that to us, Zach.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, are you still there, Zach?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I mean she's saying one thing to you guys, the bytender says a different thing than me. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is all kind of shady, dude.
Speaker 1: It would have been such a good pickup line to walk up to him and be like, hey, I called ahead of time and they said you were here, You're.
Speaker 6: To go for that?
Speaker 7: Well it would Yeah, you're right, Maybe I'll just say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I asked for hot guys and they delivered you. So tell us how that goes.
Speaker 4: Not as romantic to a guy's year as you probably think.
Speaker 1: Don't think anyone's will give a romance at a bar, Jeff. They're just looking to talk.
Speaker 4: More clearly, someone who is looking for romances, Zach. And he feels like he's not special, that he's just one of many guys. You would have taken any cute guy at the bar that night, and he just happened to be there.
Speaker 7: That is absolutely not accurate. I can see why he would think that, but it's it's so true.
Speaker 4: And we do appreciate you coming forward, Jillian and actually admitting that you did this, because I think a lot of people would deny it or try to like be like, no, I've never done that. You told us you were going to stay in, but you had a special feeling. And the special feeling was a call to the bar asking them to scope out hot guys for you.
Speaker 1: Which Alexis is definitely picking up.
Speaker 2: I think every bar should just start posting who's there online that.
Speaker 7: You should feel special. The bartender said, there were lots of cute guys, but you were the cutest, and you're the one I talked to.
Speaker 1: Oh look at that stand out. You're a standout cutie, Zach.
Speaker 8: It's the strange to pretend like it wasn't all set up.
Speaker 4: Well, now that all the information is out there, can we book ski ball again and actually follow through with the second date that you had already planned for each other before this misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: I mean, if anything, Zach, it shows what a on top organized woman she is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she definitely.
Speaker 1: Got her her life organized.
Speaker 5: And if you guys start dating, She'll call the bar make sure it's all ugly guys the next time she goes.
Speaker 9: That's a good point since I met you, so all right, I mean, I'm willing to try again.
Speaker 4: Okay, really wow, that was so heartfelt, Zach. I really buy it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I wonder if this is like setting her up and gets stood.
Speaker 4: Up now, because if you actually agree to meet up with her, we will pay for the date.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, it just.
Speaker 4: Feels like very like you're brushing us off.
Speaker 6: Yes, in the room, can feel something weird.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect big reactions from men anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zach, be honest. It doesn't sound like you're actually gonna call her, are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Probably not?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, look now they're both ghosting each other for each other. Yeah, two ghosts make a right, It's not it. I think it is Zach and Jill. That's how the fairy.
Speaker 1: Tale is Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I swear, sometimes you can just tell when somebody isn't fully into it and they're just saying yes to go along with pure pressure.
Speaker 1: I wanted him to be in it, Yeah.
Speaker 6: But there was something in his voice. I was like, yeah, yeah, sure, I mean.
Speaker 1: He was still the hottest guy in the bar. Maybe that's why he doesn't carry has options, I think.
Speaker 4: But if someone's not into it, you don't want to go along with it. Honey, will you marry me? Fine? No. The great thing about it is both of them were actually honest with us. In the end, she admitted that she calls ahead to bars to scope cute guys out. He admits he'll say yes to dates when he doesn't really care to actually meet up with him.
Speaker 2: So many questions for the bar telling her type?
Speaker 1: Does she give photos? I know more about it?
Speaker 6: What does she get out of it? She get tipped more.
Speaker 1: It's a guy. It was a guy bar.
Speaker 6: It still is making.
Speaker 1: He just gets somebody else to come to the bar. Bars are always looking for more women.
Speaker 4: All the bartenders out there. Make sure you text into seven eight, five nine too when you have cute guys and the Alexis knows where and when to.
Speaker 6: Go, even if it's nine am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll be means to you.
Speaker 4: If you need help with your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates up where our podcasts are at Brooke and
Speaker 3: Jeffery, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,