Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, Girl drama, girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheered for the right drama Queens of girl fashion.
Speaker 1: But your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 4: Girl drama, Queens drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, drahn the Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 1: You guys, we did it. We got through all of season four.
Speaker 3: Wow, we got through high school.
Speaker 1: We did guy high schools over I think.
Speaker 5: That was a line you said.
Speaker 6: We did it.
Speaker 3: We made it.
Speaker 1: You guys have the Neil Acles with us this episode. She maged. She watched the episode with us, which we don't normally do with our guests. Neil, it's nice to have you gasp along with us.
Speaker 6: Yes, it took some turns that I didn't remember. Yeah, some dark turns.
Speaker 2: It felt so fitting having you back on this last episode. It would it wouldn't have been the same without you. I'm glad that they brought you back.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And it's it's kind of cool that you got to join us today because you know, in the episode, Rachel pops back up and it's her party and today you pop back in and we're just here to listen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was good. It was really it was really fun some of that stuff. Like I think at one point, Joy, you were like, I don't remember doing that.
Speaker 5: Like when I watch it and I don't know.
Speaker 6: This is like a common thing that every that y'all found as you're watching this stuff.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, I don't remember doing that. I do remember not knowing that dance at all, because.
Speaker 1: Girls dance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I come in like halfway and so y'all were doing this whole other part that Liz and I didn't have to learn.
Speaker 5: So we were just at the practices talking, and.
Speaker 6: So when it came to like when it came to the actual day, I was like, oh my god, I don't think I know this.
Speaker 5: I remember like have panic attacks about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they were so mad at us for not knowing it. But now that I'm watching it back, actually I think it's great. I love that we didn't know the dance. It would have been really really weird if we had all just happened to know this dance, right, So it looks more authentic.
Speaker 3: It looks more authentic. But I gotta say guys, we've talked so much about how we didn't know it. We look pretty good.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, if we were any more synchronized, we'd look like a dance troupe and not like a bunch of kids.
Speaker 2: Exactly. We looked like a bunch of kids who knew a dance.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: We made a creative decision for this episode, and it was to go half ass and have it looked right.
Speaker 2: Guys, it was so half assed that we were. When we were filming, we were so to I was so tired. We were all like those nights were late and long, and so many people to film and so many you know, moments to capture. And when we started doing the dance, I was like, can you guys see my shoes in this shot? Is this a wide shot? And somebody said no, So I put my sneakers on in the dance on one of the wide shots that I thought was supposed to be all on our heads, and apparently it wasn't so. As many fans have pointed out the Easter Egg over the years, you can go back and forth between my heels and my sneakers.
Speaker 1: It's magic that way. It's just magic, you guys. Obviously we're talking about season four, episode twenty one, All of a sudden, I miss everyone. So this aired June thirteenth, two thousand and seven. Who wants to read the synopsis? Danil, do you want to do the honors?
Speaker 6: In this season four finale, Dan turns himself in and confesses to murdering Keith.
Speaker 5: That was the dark part.
Speaker 6: Haley gives birth to her and Nathan's baby boy, dead baby sits so Nathan and Haley can attend an end of the year party. Rachel returns to Tree Hill to celebrate their last night as seniors with the crew, and Lucas wrestles with his post high school options, and Peyton and Brooke prepare to spend the summer in Los Angeles together. A lot going on, so much wow, talking.
Speaker 1: About our babies being born. And we need to give a round of applause to the mothers who were able to wear zip and button up pants two weeks after giving birth those pants. Let a let.
Speaker 2: Alone dancing, let alone, playing basketball, let alone having sex two weeks a baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nobody does that.
Speaker 6: And birthing a like six month old baby A clean.
Speaker 3: That baby came out squeaky clean and very fat.
Speaker 2: Very huge.
Speaker 3: That was insane.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think that we contributed to any like teenage birth rates? They were just like see Haley did go to the party. In real life, it would have looked like you would have been covered in blood in that labor and delivery room with a baby that big.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you'll still be wearing fine.
Speaker 1: What's that underwear that you have to wear for like like two months? Depend It's like this mesh they give you at the hospital.
Speaker 6: It's amazing. I took some from the hospital because I loved it.
Speaker 2: Say I forgot about them.
Speaker 1: I loved it the mesh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are good underwear.
Speaker 3: All I can think about because y'all have done this. And I have a friend who actually had an eleven pound baby and I asked how it went, and she said, I have three words for you, third degree episiotomy. And I went, no, I'm good, No, absolutely not, I'm fine, There's no way no. And I just cannot to your point, I can't fathom some of the stuff we do in the hospitals on this on these episodes are just insane, Like where was our medical supervisor going, guys, you need a baby half that small? Somebody give me a jar of raspberry jelly, Like, do something that makes this look for you.
Speaker 2: But this is the stuff that happens. I'm sure they had a baby planned and either the baby showed up and it was way bigger than they said it was going to be, or the baby they had planned suddenly was sick or couldn't come in, or like at the last second they were like, sorry, we can't come over, and somebody called. They were like, send out an APB. Does anyone know anyone who has a baby to come over here right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, take it over again. I loved all the I mean, we've made fun of all the jailhouse and hospital theatrics on our show, and all the leaps of faith. It's like, is the audience gonna buy this? Are they going to buy that? Lucas is in that that auditorium in the hospital. I've never seen one of those.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you would.
Speaker 3: Never be allowed. And what's also crazy to me is that the opening scene is so beautiful. I love that the whole teaser, nobody's talking and it's just the lyrics of lightning crashes and all this big stuff is happening, and it's elation and it's sadness and it's happy moment and it's danger. And then there's that epic shot where they're racing the two women down the hall and they turn the gurney's and they go into the room. But that signifies an emergency, like they are Karen is coding, she's being rushed into the r and then you cut in the OAR and the doctors are just standing there looking at her, going come on, Karen, Well they.
Speaker 1: Did the little the squirt squirt with the shred squirt.
Speaker 3: They're not giving her any meds, they're not operating like they're doing nothing. They've rushed her into an operating room to stand over her. And I was like, man, how did we get away with this stuff?
Speaker 2: And where was Haley? Rushed to?
Speaker 1: Labor and delivery is a totally different waiting yeah, a different floor, but let alone, like you're you're in your room for.
Speaker 2: A long time. When you're ready to deliver the baby, like you've already been in there for like five, seven, seven, twelve hours. They don't like take you to another unless it's like an emergency, you know.
Speaker 1: No. On her first child, she went from zero to ten dilation over the course of forty five minutes, I get yeah, gradual.
Speaker 3: And then went to a party in a leather waist boat.
Speaker 2: I saw the baby. Wait in two weeks, I'm.
Speaker 1: Still wearing maternity clothes and my kid is five. I'm just like loose. It feels so nice.
Speaker 3: I'm so comfortable.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I loved that opening too, Sophia. I thought that was so beautiful. I was felt really nice to have an emotional start off to this last episode. That was it really took its time, and you know, all joking aside. I thought it was really beautifully down and very It got my heart. It made my heart happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and and them being able to pull off that shot choreography like that for our friends at home, you knowing doctors pushing the gurney's and you know, cameras coming around the corner like that. Stuff is not easy, and it's funny to see all of us, you know now that we're directing and producing, all go oh, they nailed it. Yeah, we had total techno. Yeah, appreciation for the crew on that one for sure.
Speaker 1: So Dan turns himself in and.
Speaker 2: Just I wasn't surprised it had been building up.
Speaker 1: It's weird that no one like circles him that no one moves. He walks in and it's just this very like somber I did it. And the next thing we know, he's in a jumpsuit.
Speaker 2: Like he's already been to trial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been so nice, to your point, if creatively we'd had people come around him still with no dialogue, you know, the music playing, you know, you see people asking what are you talking about? All this stuff. Imagine him going to get fingerprinted and to get his mug shot taken. Yeah, those would have been nice scenes for us to have watched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want a dance Scott mug shot. How come I'll have one of those me too.
Speaker 3: I want one on a coffee mug.
Speaker 2: I have a Dance Scot coffee mug of his mug shop. No, but that would be funny.
Speaker 3: I want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we're into.
Speaker 5: Somebody's doing it right now as we speak.
Speaker 3: Let's make one for Paul for his next birthday.
Speaker 5: You would love that, honestly that.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be sweet.
Speaker 1: The moments with Nathan and lucas they start, they kind of bookend the episode because we have this moment between the two of them at the beginning where Nathan's going into one hospital direction with Haley and Lucas is going in the other with his mother, and they check in with each other and they hug each other, and that's how the episode ends as well. And I like that they kept checking in with each other in these moments because that's, you know, that's how the show started. And I to see that they're in this super healthy place in spite of Dan It's great.
Speaker 3: Loved it, Yeah, yeah, And I like where we get to in the end when they have that moment talking about their futures that starts with Nathan apologizing to Lucas, you know, saying I'm sorry, I didn't believe you. I loved that the response wasn't it's okay, or I get why, or whatever else it could have been. That it was I'm sorry, I was right. That was It was the perfect way to be clear about how tragic it is for the both of them, and I thought it was a really smart choice. And I like the way the boys played that scene off of each other a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love seeing the two of them.
Speaker 1: They're both good guys.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I kept thinking one of them was going to turn into little down. It didn't happen. They're both sweet boys. Sophia, you had a fun episode. You just got to roll around with cute little Steven Kite the whole time.
Speaker 3: Cutie COLETTI, you know what's so fun is to watch him because and I know we talked about this, is it last season when Chase started? I don't even remember. It must have been, right, I think it was just this season. Was it this season? Okay? Yeah, well whenever whenever sweet Chase shows up. You know, Stephen was so nervous. He'd not done scripted work. You know, he wanted to be an actor. And it's weird to feel this almost like maternal sense.
Speaker 1: Of pride that is weird watching just.
Speaker 3: How good and present like like he you know, I don't know, he feels like he feels like my little baby brother. Like I took him under my wing, you know, and showed him around Wilmington and made sure he was okay, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't want to be your brother. I don't want to be.
Speaker 3: We all teased him for being such a goober. And it's really sweet to see the way that he's so comfortable and present. And I like Brooke and Chase. I like that he's sweet to her, and he he gives her space to be sweet, and there's no expectation and there's no salacious energy, and even the way they are with each other physically feels tender. And I just really enjoyed watching that. I think it's a nice representation for high schoo kids for sure.
Speaker 2: Did it feel fast to anybody else? Chase and Brooke?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but our show feels fast all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think fallen in love super fast is really fun. I like, let's be in love. But I love that there was zero expectation that she was gonna still be his girlfriend when she left, Like yeah, like we're going to write each other, we're going to call each other. It was like, hey, it's been real thanks for that.
Speaker 7: This is but in a nice way, in a like very respectful way, you know, like he did say thank you for this amazing night, thank you for the best night of.
Speaker 5: My life, but not in that like because that.
Speaker 6: Line could have been delivered in a like pervy, yeah, more pervy kind of way. But the way he says it is so wonderful. I can't even believe that he was like I didn't know.
Speaker 5: He was nervous through any of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like thinking but thinking back, so like now everybody does every medium. I mean, actors go on to reality shows and vice versa. But then they really did, Like then, if you were on a reality show, you did not go over to a scripted series without criticism, without people going oh you can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stunt casting, Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember when, like Paris Hilton, she did an episode of Jensen Show around the same time because everyone was bringing in these like and everyone was like, oh, we're so mad, and then she did a great job and people were not people were surprised. But the thing is they're all acting anyway, They're all acting on these scripted series.
Speaker 1: You know, she's been pretend forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, right, Well, I think what's interesting too to your point, Danil is now we know that none of those quote reality shows were just being filmed. We know all the kids were told who to go out with and what to say and what Jo'm gonna stir up at the party. But back then, nobody I knew that, so everyone assumed they didn't know how to do it. And I know Steven felt really nervous about that coming on our show. I know he was really nervous when we when we did the scene in the car on this night, and actually, yeah, he was really like flustered about it. And it was really really sweet.
Speaker 1: What a nice change of pace to have someone be like, I don't want to touch you too much. I'm so sorry, sorry.
Speaker 3: I know, right to go from like a guy biting my face in season whatever to see Stephen being like, I don't want to be what's okay, I'm not sure where to I don't want to look at up, like just so scared. And he did something really really funny. I don't remember who told him to do it. Maybe it was James or maybe it was Antoine to like break the ice. When we had to do the scene for the first time where you know, I've got to pull my top off and be in a bra, Stephen like leaned in like he was gonna kiss me and then pulled off his sweatshirt and he was in a bra. I fell apart.
Speaker 6: I remember seeing that, Yes, I must.
Speaker 3: I honestly thought it made it into the show, but then I realized, oh, of course it didn't. I guess it's in one of our blooper reels or something.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 3: It was so funny, and I mean we just cackled like kids, and then for the rest of the night we had a really really sweet time.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to come in on a series and just like make everybody feel comfortable and you know, jump jump in and be a part of the gang.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I could have done that. I couldn't hide anything under that Pamela Anderson dress. That was pretty much I.
Speaker 3: Would have if there had been some way for you to like shimmy out of the latex and ring the byork like swan dress.
Speaker 1: You were not set up for success. No set up for success. No, But when did you find out you were coming back for the finale? Do you remember? Because you didn't come with us to Honey Grove.
Speaker 5: No, I think it was maybe like a week or so before we shot it.
Speaker 1: Really you can calm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should be there. And I was really grateful for that because it just it felt I think had I not been able to do that, I would have I would have been really sad. Yeah, because it you know, in a way we were not We were in high school together. We did a second high school and I would have been sad if I wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was sweet, it was you know, it was good.
Speaker 1: Well, I just remember the night you and Liz spent the night at my house. But it might so my parents were living with me during the tail end of this season, yes, because they moved down to Wilmington, and so Liz and Daniel spent the night like normal. But then my dad, I guess, heard us really drunk giggling in the back room and didn't know what was going on and got up in the middle of the night and like was horrified that he walked in in his boxers and like, it's just all these like girls.
Speaker 6: We aren't we sleeping in that room with all the clothes in it, like we're yeah, so things and they were dresses hanging all over the walls.
Speaker 1: And yeah, because my boyfriend was in my room and my parents were in the middle bedroom, and so you, Liz and I slept in the back and it just my parents. My dad was so mortified. So there's just all these very lovely young ladies in the house and told me sorry hilarious.
Speaker 6: Giggling and trying to pretend we were sober going up those like one hundred and fifty year old stairs that are like this.
Speaker 1: High school. Like, I felt like I was in trouble.
Speaker 5: I can't even fit on the stair well.
Speaker 3: You gotta go sideways.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was sneaking around trying to make sure, like didn't get caught. My parents can't know that I drink. I'm an adult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of parents. Yeah, I mean it was nice to have a little roundabout with deb coming back to being responsible and caring and loving and you know, trustworthy and funny and funny and so great with little Jamie and then Karen. I mean, Moira absolutely wins all the gold Stars for this episode. In my opinion, She's incredible.
Speaker 1: It's such a heavy lift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt like I was watching I mean, she's one of those actors that actually both of them. The scene in the jail with her and Paul, I felt like I was watching a real movie. Yeah, not not a TV show, like a teen drama TV show. That was like right, that was serious. Work was great.
Speaker 3: I had chills the whole time. Yeah, when she was speaking to him through that glass, I could like rolling chills from my arms to my toes. I just couldn't make it stop. It was so visceral, and it's it's so amazing when you watch someone perform that way, and it's so cool when it's someone who you get to see so often and then they do something that you just you couldn't be prepared for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, we were so lucky to have them to show us. I mean we were just young actors trying to figure it out. We didn't have like an acting coach or you know, we were just kind of figuring it out along the way. And there's a lot of times and a lot of directors that would come in and it was like, oh, good enough, you know, whatever, whatever. But to be able to be surrounded by that kind of professional level of acting and storytelling, we're so lucky.
Speaker 1: Well, Joy, you said it like they committed to it in a way that anybody else would have been, like poking holes in it, like okay, well Karen's going to the jail. Who's watching her baby? And how are they gonna let her in? You know, like poking all these holes in it because that's easy. And they didn't get to make script adjustments, so they just took what they had to do and Paul committed like Paul Dan Scott trying to hang himself and failing again. He's just a failure everything he tries to do, even killing himself.
Speaker 2: In the fetal position.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, a fetal position cry.
Speaker 2: That was the best work I think I've seen him do in this inn in like a sad emotional state. He's done a lot of great work in a lot of different emotions, but that was my favorite anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I kept wondering if do you think that spit that Karen does was scripted or was that her?
Speaker 2: I think that was her. I think that was Moira.
Speaker 6: I'm wondering, Like when I saw it, I was like, oh, I bet you that was her.
Speaker 5: I bet you she did that.
Speaker 6: That was my first because it was so good and it just felt so unexpected. Yeah, and it was like a really juicy, like wad of spit.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't like she'd done it ten times in a row.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for her though, because everyone else is having the time of their life in this episode and she's like trudging through. Karen never gets a break, Like it's exhausting. Yeah, her and deb good at this point.
Speaker 2: I feel like they are, aren't they? Oh no? The last thing that happened was Deb dropped a gun in the cafe that went off. I think that's the last interaction they have had, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I can't either. I love when they're good, though, so I hope I don't remember what happens with them after the time jump.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Deb told her in the bathroom. She's like, stay away from Dan. He's bad news. Don't do that. Karen did it anyway? Oh yeah, I don't know. I need that girl gang to get back together.
Speaker 3: Same. I like them together a lot.
Speaker 1: I like that Deb doesn't want to be grandma. Good for her.
Speaker 3: Well, it's really interesting, right. There's a lot of these moments that we get in the episode where people are experiencing enough vulnerability to voice I'm not ready for this next part. Deb is like, I don't want you to call me a grandma.
Speaker 1: Guys, she's our age and she's playing a grandma.
Speaker 3: No, that's insane. And and you know we're all sitting there going, wait, we're not ready. Like I say to Chase, I don't want to be gone, And we talk about how weird it feels that, you know, these seniors, these these juniors now they're going to be seniors, and we're just what we're done, We're gone.
Speaker 6: Your whole life as you know, it just changes in yeah, an hour.
Speaker 3: And I really like that we got to do that, that we all got to express the excitement for what's coming, but also wishing we didn't have to go. I mean, Peyton does it with Lucas. You know, it's it is really wild, even our stuff Danil. When Brooke gets to give Rachel her diploma, it's like, we did it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what's that mean?
Speaker 3: Like now it's over? Oh no, and it's so it's so real and so sweet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I loved that part because I loved I just loved Rachel and Brooke. I love Rachel Brooke ye too, you know, because they really loved each other. They just you know, it was just there's so much there was so much competition and all of that, but at the end of the day, they really I think, respected each other.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it was sweet.
Speaker 3: I loved all of that. And and it is interesting that I don't know, I I felt a lot of that emotion very viscerally. Some of the conversations we were all having in those scenes like I feel them in my body again. I remember what it felt like to be scared of what was coming and to read, you know, the lines in Lucas's book about Brook and to realize that all these characters our own way. We're afraid of what am I going to become? And will I be what the people who love me think I'll be? Is it all going to be okay? And I don't know. It feels really alive still. That's one of those things like when we talk about you watch a scene and you can like smell the air there. I remember being in those rooms at night and it was you know, some nights were really cold, and then randomly that last night at the river Court was warm and we were throwing our jackets off and people were kicking off their shoes, and I just remember the way that all of that felt.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember, was it crispy Chris christy Vespie running around with a little buttine curling iron on our hair because.
Speaker 3: It was so humid.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the humidity that was great. That River Court night.
Speaker 1: The scene where you're like, I'm scared, just like voicing it. That was an early Gardens. I remember that night like it was yesterday, like you and James coming up to Chad and I sitting on the benches. Do you remember that? Because we split up, we shot like a week at that house, but then we shot a bunch of exteriors at Early Gardens because it matched the lake that was in that house. And that was that. Yeah, that was that night where you and Lucas had your scene. But I like that, Haley said, I'm scared. I'm scared because this whole time you've been like, yeah, i'll have a baby, I'll do that, it'll be fine. I'll graduate toime of the class. I'll just do that. It's totally fine. I'll get married in high school.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, yeah, no, prop I got this, I got this graduation.
Speaker 1: This party. Now I'm freaked out. Now it's real.
Speaker 2: I know she's had to be. I guess it's funny because she has older siblings, but for whatever reason, she took on the role in her life of like, it's fine, don't worry about me, parents take care, probably because she had siblings that were a little unruly, so if she could be the one that wasn't any drama, it was like, oh, easy, easy role to step into. But yeah, it's nice to see for her. After all this time, I've just been like, I got this, I can do it. I can do it. To finally have a moment of actually have no idea what I'm doing. And it's terrifying having a baby. The first time you have a baby. It's so scary.
Speaker 6: Every day is scary every moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, every day I've been.
Speaker 5: A joy and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But of course, well that's what makes it worthwhile. I mean, that's what keeps you going. But the terror of like am I doing this right? And I'm every possible thing that you do, you're afraid could actually kill this human being that is yours, And it's it's absolutely absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 1: Well, and we haven't really seen Haley do anything to prep Like you didn't take the MOS classes, I didn't write no books, no books.
Speaker 6: There was no baby proofing of the house.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: All the drawers and in clothes, it's no problem.
Speaker 1: And like, also, are you breastfeeding? Like what's going on? Like a man? A man told this story?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, I just remember like two weeks after my baby being born, my boobs leaking everywhere. Just be like, what do I do?
Speaker 2: I was like in a wheelchair on set.
Speaker 6: Are like wearing cabbage?
Speaker 8: Oh cabbage, yes, remember the cabbage, So like, yeah, cabbage for those of you who don't know, will kind of stop your breasts from leaking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it can actually if you leave it on for multiple.
Speaker 6: Days, like I tried you breastfeeding. I left it on for three or four days, and it drives you right up.
Speaker 5: The oddest thing. I don't know the science behind it.
Speaker 6: Someone go google it, but wild and I always smelled like old wet cabbage.
Speaker 2: Mommy.
Speaker 3: But we were out there dancing to the Spice Girls, and Haley was probably in the front.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do like the convenient bun that Haley threw in, because after like two days of being into that house, it was like, I gotta get my hair up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's funny. That's probably exactly what happened. I was like, guys, it's too hot. I can't. I got this cardigan on. I'm in jeans. Can't handle it anymore, long sleeves and jeans. Oh the things we did to make it work. I didn't. I had no idea, and I was I had a baby like four three or four years later and it's so funny, so funny watching it back now, just it's weird to pretend to be pregnant and have a baby when you've never had that experienced.
Speaker 5: You did a great job. I bought it.
Speaker 2: It was a slow motion, that's als and Neil, it's just a slow mode.
Speaker 6: I thought it looked pretty real, you know. But I didn't do a natural labor, so I have no idea. My eye idea of like natural labor is the movies. And Hillary, who I feel like, was like, yeah, I'm in labor right now. You were telling me like, yeah, I'm just standing in the shower. It's fine, I'm.
Speaker 1: Good, just texting, It's fine, It's okay.
Speaker 5: I guess he how.
Speaker 1: That bad Danielle gave me that book What to Expect when You're expecting, because I wouldn't. I mean, I had a baby. I was twenty six when I got pregnant.
Speaker 5: With I don't know why I gave you that.
Speaker 6: I mean I probably just looked up, like what do you give someone that's pregnant.
Speaker 5: That's got to be it.
Speaker 1: I would have never even known to go get a book, but didn't give it to me. And it's like it's slightly horrifying because it takes you through month by month and there's so much to do. It's just list this list, list, list, no, listen. I learned a lot. Gus is still alive, so it worked.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, Like, it's really hard to screw it up. The truth is like almost nothing that you're gonna do is gonna kill your baby. You're fine.
Speaker 1: Oh and I love the dead turn the phone off. It's just like yes. She's like, guys, that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was a very sweet scene. And you said it earlier, JOI. It's nice to see deb in a parental role, and I like that she gets to be the one who reveals the joke that you're both sneaking away the callow. You know, it's a very a very cute it's the very cute reveal. It's a great way to do a little bit of exposition.
Speaker 6: And she's very self deprecating. She's like, yes, I'm not on drugs, but bring me.
Speaker 5: Some, like.
Speaker 1: Speaking of drugs. Deal. I don't know if you remember this. I don't know if you guys all remember this, but we were filming all night. So this house that we were filming at was due to be destroyed the children of this estate. Their parents no longer lived in this home. They had sold it to a developer. This house was going to get torn down. So they were like, yeah, you guys can do whatever you want to it. So, of course our productions like, We're going to go balls out all night long for a whole week, graffiti the wall. Yeah, it's gonna be nuts. But what that meant was, it's the very last episode of the season. We are all already so exhausted, yea. The previous episode had been all daytime, and so our body clocks were scheduled for all daytime. This episode was all night time, right, Yeah, And so all the boys were loading up on like Red Bulls and Monster Energy drinks and five Hour Energy and like all that kind of stuff, and that shit makes my heart hurt. I can't drink it. It makes a heart hurt.
Speaker 2: Ye So I go.
Speaker 1: To the freaking like Harris Teeter, right, and I pick up caffeine pills and coming to the hair and makeup trailer and make the Jesse Spano from Save by the Bell joke. I'm like, you, guys, I'm so excited, and we're like, you know, I want to say like each one of them was the equivalent of like three cups of coffee, and so were we all were taking them and like joking about it, and like, you know, Liz is there. Everyone is just kind of in like a slap happy mood because we have to go into work at like three and then stay up till seven o'clock in.
Speaker 3: The morning next day. Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 1: So we're taking these pills and you know, you guys know, this was not a good episode for me with our boss. It was like the worst. And we shot most of our episode during the week and then we had our weekend where a rap party was going to be and they had to pick up a couple more days after the weekend. So we're at the rap party and we're all like, you know, singing karaoke and just having a good time. And I find out our boss had spread the rumor that we were all that I was the ring leader and we were all doing cocaine to stay up while we were filming. Yes, I recall that he was telling everyone I was doing cocaine because we'd had an altercation with one another and he wanted to discredit me. So we tells everyone that we're doing coke, and so we Danille and I maybe Elizabeth too. I don't know who else was in on this, maybe lasted ter. We went to Edge of Urge, which is a shop that we've told you guys about a lot on the show, and she just so happened to have these T shirts in that had a picture of this dude from like the eighties on it with blood coming out of his nose and the shirt said coke blows. So we hear this rumor at the rap party and we're like, that guy tell lies about us. You guys, I didn't even smoke weed until just this past year.
Speaker 6: You were the actual clean teen.
Speaker 5: You were the actual clean teen.
Speaker 1: I hate drugs, hate them, just not for me. So we all show up at work on Monday wearing these Coke Blows T shirts.
Speaker 5: I wonder where mine is.
Speaker 1: I still have mine. It's in an attam.
Speaker 5: I probably do. I probably have it in a box.
Speaker 1: It was. It was the most perfect piece of merchandise for the moment, because you let him know, like, we're on to you, you mother, spreading rumors about us they're not true. Instead of being but hurt, we're gonna make fun of you. And wear these shirts all day of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 3: But by the way, just so you know, after you left, he did a whole nother round of that, either like season seven or season eight. Fantastic because how inappropriate he was being with the next batch of girls he brought into the show was coming to light. So he started another whole thing that all the girls were doing coke and all that, and it was like, what is wrong with you? Also, do you have one story a decade? Yeah, it's just so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: And no one was doing coke then? No, what nineties thing?
Speaker 6: Right? I was like, oh, what maybe if he would have said like not maybe, but not even I mean it was like that was not the thing.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 6: Drinking, Yeah, maybe I might have been like guilty of that once or twice.
Speaker 1: Drinking, Yeah, we drink all the time.
Speaker 3: Well there was nothing else to do there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not illegal. But it makes me wonder how many like casting directors and producers and executives back in Los Angeles heard the rumor that Hillary Burton's doing cocaine, which well I still never teached.
Speaker 6: I can tell you one or two did, because on my next job after that, I was asked like, what, so, how much of a problem, Like are you how much of it?
Speaker 5: And I'm like I'm kind of no problems. Yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 5: But yeah that was death.
Speaker 6: He's like, okay, because I spoke to like one of your previous employers.
Speaker 5: I was like, nay, I think I know who it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. He loved being in that seat, just getting those phone calls because he was super happy to just say anything that he could to keep people from hiring us at any moment.
Speaker 1: He called my bosses on white collar when I got my job in white collar. They're like, we got a weird phone call.
Speaker 6: I'm like, of course, that's exactly how it starts. Interesting phone call from your previous employer.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Warner Brothers, what who? Yeah, They're like, well, no, it was an individual. I'm like, okay, I know You're like, oh.
Speaker 3: I know who it is. It's also just such an odd thing when you really think about it, for someone old enough to be our father to be mad that girls young enough to be his daughter didn't want to have sex with their married married yeah married for as long as we've been alive, essentially married. That he would then try to ruin people's careers. It's so shocking and it's so petty, and you know, I don't know if you remember it. Hill, I'm gonna I'm going to lightly refer to something that if you want to talk about, because it's it's your story. But you know, we have that lovely moment Brooke and Peyton have that scene and I'm emotional with you and you're really emotional with me, and it's such a Oh. It's a moment that I really love to watch because it's beautiful and it makes me really sad because we were alone in that scene. You know, there's a wide cut where there's a bunch of people behind us. But what you do with all the extras when you know there's people behind them, but then the actors face each other in a different direction, is the extras go away so that things are quiet and it's easy to mix. And we hadn't been alone in a while. I don't think you and I in a scene like that, if I'm remembering.
Speaker 1: Correctly, not since we were brutally attacked at the prom, that's right, And.
Speaker 3: You know, things were really getting as intense as they've been that people know about. They were getting worse by the end of this season, and there was a moment where, in you know, rehearsal, our boss walked up and started grabbed us both by the shoulders and started like very aggressively rubbing our backs. And I remember freezing up and looking at you, and you looked at me, and you like you really let him have it. And it was a moment where like I saw the shock on his face that you snapped at him, and I remember finally feeling like I could take a deep breath because like somebody else had seen it and it was happening to somebody, Like it wasn't an isolated incident, And it was a moment where when you think about all the stories he liked to tell about all the girls where being in the room and seeing your reaction, I went, oh, a bunch of the shit that we're all being told about each other just isn't true. Yeah, got it, got it, And it was. It was. It was a big, big moment, and I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 1: Well it He had crafted this episode as his fantasy, which is why Elizabeth is in a little leather skirt, and it's why Rachel's back, and it's why we're all doing a dance routine. And it's why Peyton is saying, oh, I just love sex so much, you know. It's why I had to make that line sound really stupid and goofy, because it wasn't scripted to be stupid and goofy. What was the line? Peyton, you know, is talking to clean teen Shelley and she's like, oh, no, I think it's cool. I would have joined your group except I love sex so much, you know, And it wasn't scripted to be like goofy, and I was directed to do it, not goofy, And I was like, no, no, I mean, you can tell the episode is a fantasy. And he made us all take group photos with him in that house. He came up to our dance rehearsals. We were doing dance rehearsals in the second story of the house while they would set up cameras and stuff. Yeah, and he would not stop touching people, and it was relentless. I knew it was happening to me. I'm watching it happen to Danil and Elizabeth. You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he's.
Speaker 1: Touching everybody, touching Lassetter, touching everybody, and so so you know, to your point, he came up and was like rubbing our shoulders and I said, stop touching the girls, dude, stop, I'm telling you, as your friend, stop touching the girls. And like I looked at you and it felt like it felt like telling the truth for the first time. You know. It's like when you speak back to your father figure or your boyfriend for the first time in front of people. You know, it's like, how dare you air our dirty laundry?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And so that was the Friday night of that week that we shot at the house. It was the last day we were there, and so I went to the production office at dawn the same way I always did because my boyfriend was an assistant director, and you know, our secutive producers are all there, Greg Prange, David Hartley, the entire AD staff, My brother's there. Like everyone is in the production office drinking PBRs and it's like awesome, all right, rap party is you know in twelve hours whatever? And I get you know, somebody came to the AD's door and said, our boss want to it in his office right now, and this is why he spread the Koch roomer. I had to go in there, and he just launched into me. How dare you. Don't you ever speak to me that way in front of people? What the hell are you talking about? I don't touch anybody. I don't touch anybody here. You're spreading rumors about me and just completely like was gaslighting me. I'm like, I'm like, dude, I'm friends with your wife. Like I'm telling you you have to stop. And he said, I'll never forget it. He said, you think we're friends your friend, I'm your boss and don't you ever speak to me that way again. And he's screaming at me. And those walls in the production office are paper wow. Yeah yeah, And I remember like, my brother, my boyfriend, my boyfriend's dad are all on the other side of these paper thin walls. And no one came, yeah, like, no one came. And so finally, finally Greg Prange came in and was like, here's everything okay in here, And so you know, cut to years later, the night that Daniel introduces me to my now husband. We're in Timmy Nolan's Irish Bob and I didn't know Jeff from Adam, like I never met this person, and Jeff he leans over at one point he's like, hey, are you getting screwed with with your boss, you know, the same way Daniel is. And I was like, yeah, I'm not going back, I'm done, and he was like, I'm gonna kick that guy's ass. And it was the first person in my whole life who had ever said it, and I believed it, and I still believe it, I know, yeah, yeah, it was just for so many years, when you're the loud girl, you're just kind of expected to fend for yourself, and that was the first person that was ever like, oh no, I'll destroy that guy. Hold on, let me go to it right now. But that moment of clarity with you that night. I cried when we watched it because I felt like it was the first time you really knew who I was. You knew that I wasn't his girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know what was really interesting. And I have chills listening to you talk about what he said to you that night because and we talked about this in the beginning of the show, but early on Red Dress episode for me, when groped me on set and I hit him just like reflexively, like it was a reflex I got groped by a man and I hit him. That's when I got it, but what scared him because it was so early that he wasn't like in his power as a successful TV creator. Yet he went back to the production office and he was screaming at Mike and a bunch of the writers, telling them what a bitch I was. And I will never forget it. Took till the end of season eight for our sweet writer Mike Caro to tell me what had said to him, because he had been so scared getting screamed at in the production office in LA and because he was an intern or like a writer's assistant back then, and we got home, he was yelling about what an entitled little bitch I was, and all the writers were pretty freaked out, and Mike Caro said, I tried to crack a joke, and I said, well, maybe she's just a twenty one year old girl who thinks she's entitled not to get her ass grabbed by her boss. And he screamed at Harrow and said, who the fuck do you think you are You're going to say that I did that. I didn't do anything, and yelled at him and threatened his job and told him if he liked working there, he better never talked to him that way again. So it's all the same. It's the same mo.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's the clinical diagnosis of that when you clearly see someone do something and then they're like, never happened. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, our boss knew he fed up with me, and so he did a lot of work with you guys to make me the bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he punished me on camera with things I had to do with story arcs that he gave to me. He punished me in the public, like he put me through the wringer with the press, and he punished you on our set. He spread rumors about you. He wanted all of us to think, oh, she's a problem, Oh she's got a weird relationship with fill in the blank.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the thing that happened that night, like I literally it feels like it again, Like it was like a jolt, Like I felt like I got struck by lightning because I watched him say something to you and do something to you, and it was exactly something he'd done to me. And I saw the look on his face and how mad he was, and I'd seen that look before, and I just went, oh, oh, he does this with all of us, Oh wow, and it did. It really changed. It changed everything and the ways that we had been manipulated and the ways we had been separated, like it all started to change after that night.
Speaker 1: It was never good again for me. Like I have struggled in this week leading up to this recording because I'm like, do I is this healthy for me to like keep digging into this stuff. And what I struggled with was there's an actress who was on our show who I recently touched base with, and she was quieter during all the me too stuff, and she said, I'm always scared that he's ghostwriting. I'm scared because he was never held accountable because the executive producers of our show never like publicly said we won't do business with him anymore. We're so sorry to you girls, like, because there was never any kind of closure. Someone is giving him ghostwriting work somewhere, and there's this fear that we're going to walk onto a set one day and be confronted with that, and it's you know, it's the boogeyman in the closet, and so you know, to talk about it over and over again. It's just like I am making the commitment to continue talking about it so that other showrunners don't operate that way, and so that he's got no he's got no safe passage. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I also think, look, I get the mission of it, and I think that's really important for all of us. I know that the things we've gone through on sets have activated us all and made us the advocates we are in a lot of ways. And I think it's also really important. Like I've been talking about this with my therapist a lot, because these last few weeks brought up a lot of I know, for us as a group. And he just keeps saying to me, this is your story. You get to talk about your story. You get to tell your story, you get to process your story, you get to need help with your story for as long as you need it. And if other people didn't want you to tell your story, maybe they shouldn't have forced it to be written this way. And you know, it's hard to look at it because you know what you experienced that night, the way you got yelled at. It's exactly this I was dealing with in Chicago and also had a group of men who were like, I love you so much, You're our best friend.
Speaker 1: You're on your own kid, never got.
Speaker 3: Involved and never stood up. And and I know some of them are mad that I acknowledge that when we talk about this show as well, And you know what, I don't care because that fear that I'm going to keep talking about it better be what makes you behave better on every set you're on, like from the time that you left North Carolina, and from the time that I left Illinois, like, they better behave better. They better be a little afraid, be a little I do be a little afraid.
Speaker 1: The piece of poetic justice here is that he crafted his ultimate fantasy. He's like, I'm gonna have all the girls all at the same time, and they're all going to be slightly slutty and dance for me. And it imploded so spectacularly. You put all of us in the same room to compare notes.
Speaker 2: Man, I went through a lot of man version of that in the you know, the group that I was in while we were on the show, and a lot of this, you know, the same sort of patriarchal sociopathy, I guess. And as I'm listening to you guys talk and I'm thinking about my own journey, you know, one of the things that makes that kind of abuse so hard to heal from is that it and for me, I mean I can only speak for myself. It has made it so hard for me to grow, because growth requires trusting in the people around you. Like if I'm constantly being told I'm a problem, I'm the problem, I'm the problem. And I was being told that on the set, I was being told that, in the group that I was in, I was being told that in my marriage. It was like everywhere, I'm the problem, I'm the problem. Then I get out and it's I'm in therapy and I've got good friends, and suddenly, like my life starts turning around and I'm going and everybody's telling me, you do it. You're not the problem. I mean, you're not perfect, but like, you're not this is fake. This was all like an attempt to control you. And so then I start going, oh, okay, I'm not the problem, I'm not the problem. But then that becomes my narrative, so that whenever there is a moment in life when I actually do need to grow, it's really hard to recognize it and not go back into the default of like, no, no, I'm not the problem. You weren't there. The proof is here, I'm not it's not me. It's not me, Like that's my knee jerk reaction. And it's just it's like painstakingly slow now with growth because it's so hard to trust, to know who you can trust when they're when someone does lovingly tell you, hey, you know this is the best.
Speaker 3: It's part of the journey of healing too, to recognize what your triggers are. Like I've had to learn where I throw my fists up, I'm ready for a fucking fight, like I'm ready all the time, and I've had to learn how to deal with that trauma and go, okay, if we're dealing with this sort of complex after effect, and my knee jerk reaction when I feel poked is to get ready to throw a punch, how do I take a deep breath and give myself a second? Yeah, And it really struck me, Like, you know, we're all able to talk about this as adult, but one of the things that struck me watching the episode, and that that strikes me even now is like you had been through such shit with him, Danil, and you got asked back and I'm only really realizing now, Like God, you like you came back and we got to have that moment, all of us girls have that closure together, and you came right back into an environment where you had been just like Joy's talking about it's you, it's you, it's you, it's you. You'd gotten so on on our set, and like it just makes me cry, and I'm like, you came back froms like.
Speaker 6: I came back to see you guys. And I think the irony of all of that was when I got there, and I've been thinking about, like do I bring this up?
Speaker 5: How do I bring it up?
Speaker 6: Because it's it's it's a delicate situation. And I think the gist of what happened on that episode to me was the night we did the dance, Bevin came to my trailer and she was furious with me, furious with me and would not speak to me and was just like, I know what you did, and you're it's so fun and Bevin if you and she like she's my sister, Bevin does not get mad.
Speaker 1: Noah, Bevin will condone anything anything.
Speaker 6: She is like not judge, she never gets and so I was just like and I literally had no idea what I did. So I was like in the middle of like seeing all my friends and being back in this mPire and so happy, and and then she comes in and I was like, is this like a joke. This is a joke. This is like some sort of like practical joke here.
Speaker 5: And she was like, no, Danielle, like it's really fucked up. And she walked out, whoa.
Speaker 6: And it was something and with what it was is not important, but it was something he told her I did that I didn't do. He brought me back there to alienate me from Bevin, who I was very close to and.
Speaker 1: You know she was.
Speaker 6: And we came to find out, of course, as we all did, you know months later, like once we're back home, Oh you didn't do that, because he had such an excellent way of pitting us all against each other, and at that particular point she was close to him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she cycled in and we cycled out.
Speaker 5: Yes, we had all had it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was like, I'll come and play, but it's to see my friends.
Speaker 1: Well, and we did huddle up like we like. It was the don't go to the bathroom by yourself kind of situation.
Speaker 6: And I was And so when that happened, that was the night of the dance, and I just like, I'll never forget it, because like there was nothing I could do to convince.
Speaker 5: Her that day.
Speaker 6: And eventually I did because we got together and figured out.
Speaker 5: Where it came from.
Speaker 6: And then we both got really mad at the right place and pointed our anger at the right place.
Speaker 5: But that's just another example of like what happens.
Speaker 6: And so when I watched the whole episode for me is that because it was just like, oh my gosh, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: You brought me back to do this to me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I'm gonna humiliate you. Yeah, you thought you could get away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a methodology of control. It's exactly what you were just saying, joy about your other experience. It's let me figure out a way to isolate you as much as possible. And if that's your safe person, I'm going to ruin it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So you have to come to me, so you have to keep coming back to me so I can keep telling you who you are and who you aren't. And it is.
Speaker 6: Dark before we figured out that's where it came from. That was he was the first person that came to be like, is everything Okay, I'm like, did.
Speaker 1: You rub your shoulders?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I do remember, and I was like, no, it's not okay, and like I can't believe this is happening to me, you know, Like it's just that that episode was aside from all the wonderful things, it was dark because of that, you know, it was like there was an elephant in the room for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, when I tell you, I haven't slept the two days leading up to doing this episode because it was like it was so shy, and I'm like, I can't keep telling the story. I can't keep reading the fucking clickbait, you know, like because it starts off as one article that's actually like really nice and fair, and then it gets boiled down to just gross headlines that live forever on the internet. And I am like, I can't keep talking about this stuff. But until there's some kind of change in our industry, I don't know how we stop. The only reason that we made it out is because we had each other, you know, and we made we had good families, and we made the choices, you know.
Speaker 2: But we still made it out with scars all over our careers too.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean it's also really interesting how the onus is always put on the girls. Well what happened to her? Well, why'd that happen to you? You know, I've had multiple people say to me when we got together, and I know you know this, Hillary. I don't know that the other two of you guys know this because you were one of the people I called freaking out when it was told to me. But when the whole gang of us got together to write our letter about our boss because we believed that there was power in numbers that it didn't need to be, this is what happened to her, And this is what happened to that girl, and this girl over here had this. It was like, these are the collective experiences that we, as cast and crew females on this show went through. I had reps at the time when me too was breaking that October a story was coming out about my coworker in Chicago, and my reps said to me, you're going to have to pick. You can either tell the story about your first boss or you can tell the story about your coworker. But you can't tell both because then it looks like it's your fault. Yeah, and that was professional advice.
Speaker 1: Wow picked us? You picked us?
Speaker 3: Of course I did, and I always would I would forever No thank you. But like you know, when when people on that other job say, why won't you stop talking about it or why did you need to bring it up, I'm like, you have no idea what I withheld that's benefitted you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the truth.
Speaker 3: In the same way that we all feel about our boss on this show, the way I feel about the predator on my other on that other show, is I'm not gonna be able to take this chip off my shoulder until you face some accountability. Yep, because you got to do this thing. You got to scar all these women, you got to hurt all these people. You've left a body count in your wake of people who have to go to therapy and do all of this gnarly work. And we didn't ask for that, And I agree with you. I don't know what we're supposed to do until there is some more accountability. I don't know what we're supposed to do that our boss was allowed to never make a comment. I don't know what I'm supposed to do that. My next employers rebranded sexual assault with witnesses as quote anger management issues in the press. I don't know what to do with that, and I don't know what to do with the fact that they get away with it. But every time I go on a set that's lovely, I start to go, Okay, this set was bad, and this set was bad. This movie was really great, and this movie was really great, and this show was really hard. Everything else show was really great. Like every other environment has actually been amazing. It just sucks that the ones we've been in the longest have been the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know now that you're producing, like how much of this affected how you and Jensen run your own shows?
Speaker 5: M oh all of it.
Speaker 6: But also, I mean, we we only hired people that know how to behave themselves in our upstanding.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: Our showrunner for Winchester's, which we just did, is so wonderful and so kind and caring with the actors and wanted their inputs, creatively checked to make sure they were okay with scenes when I mean just across the board hiring people to begin with that we trusted, you know, and then checking in. We did a lot of checking in with with the actors, which is something nobody really did for us and treat and and treating everybody equally, like we're all part of this production. It's we're all going to you know, yes, the showrunner is the top, but the showrunner still getting together with the actors and asking how they feel about things. Genuinely, I think it's beautiful and and you know, you feel that when you're working on a production. So we wanted to make sure that that that was done on our first project. And but yeah, you hire you you don't work with people just because oh, this person is a great writer, but we know there's a little bit of stuff in the background that wasn't even a consideration, and that person was off the life. You know, as as we're working on projects, we're always thinking about that, especially a project where you're putting young people. I mean we've we've all talked about that, I mean young actors. You know, there's comments I don't think I'll ever get over, you know, being called old neck and and like having to laugh that off because I have like lines on my neck that I've always had.
Speaker 9: You have a swan neck, Daniel, You're beautiful, but but you know, like old neck, the squeaky voice thing, them working it into the script then you know, yeah, I just got the phone.
Speaker 5: With the network, and you're gonna have.
Speaker 6: To try a little harder because you're not as pretty as the other girl.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: It's just unbelievable, and I mean I like, I totally believed it.
Speaker 3: I was like, you're light, it's so insane. We were all you go on to set and we all went home. Yeah, yeah, god, what do we like. I could barely look at you when you first got there because I was like, she's so pretty.
Speaker 6: But y'all were all you know, we were so young, and it was like One Tree Hill was my first big thing, so I was nervous and didn't really know what I was doing. And I was like, oh, yeah, okay, I'm not it's got it, got it, try harder because you're you're going to happen. This is a network of beautiful people. And she's like okay, and just the delivery on it was so matter of fact, like listen, this came from this came from the high ups.
Speaker 5: And I was like, Okay, you might not want to.
Speaker 6: Watch this scene because when you're crying in it, it's like really puffy, you.
Speaker 5: Know, like it's like Okay, Jesus, Okay.
Speaker 6: I gotta learn because I know some people look great crying.
Speaker 5: I legitimately do not.
Speaker 1: You guys, Oh my god, you crying with Uncle Cooper. We raved about that because she looked like a girl, like you w a girl? No, you look beautiful.
Speaker 6: But you know how like when you like, when I cry, I legitimately my face gets like two times more puffy.
Speaker 2: But it's human. You're a human being. Like everyone right looks bad when they cry. There's maybe like six people on the planet who look just absolutely stunning when they cry. But is it a real cry? I don't know, because you know what, if you're really sad, you can wrenching your guts out and you don't care what your face looks like. And that's the truth.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean we are like those kinds of scar like you just think about it, and I'm like, oh, you know, well, yeah, the next job, you bring that into your next job.
Speaker 5: I one hundred percent brought that into my next job.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna have to try harder on this one because I'm not.
Speaker 5: As great as everybody else.
Speaker 2: And like it's just it's not true.
Speaker 6: We're all confident people because in a way, because we got into this business, but you know, the insecurities are definitely there, and you know, putting your your arm out there, and.
Speaker 3: When people purposefully pit you against your friends to make you feel like, you know, you're the least of this group. Isn't it so weird as adult women to go, oh, he did that to each one of us. Wow, he did that to every single one of us. He made us each feel that way. I'll never forget. I don't know if I ever told you this, but just for an example to return to you of how crazy this was, y'all were with me. I was going through one of the most horrific times of my life in season three. I was not okay and truly from the stress just like experience that I was going through. I wasn't sleeping, my hair started falling out, I'd lost a bunch of weight, like there was nothing I could physically do to stop it from showing on my body. And I remember our boss coming up to me one day really early in the third season and putting his arm around me walking from base camp to the set and going, look at you, You've gotten so skinny. You look like you've been doing a herointer or hanging out with Hillary. Oh god, because he always told me that I was fat because I wasn't as skinny as you. Yeah, and he like said it to me like it was a compliment, and I was like, Hi, I'm dying. I don't know how to go to sleep anymore.
Speaker 1: Like how do you?
Speaker 2: I just I really can't wrap my brain around somebody functioning like that on a day to day basis, Like what the hell kids? World do you live in?
Speaker 1: With kids? Thank you, guys, we were kids. We were kids.
Speaker 3: We were kids. We were in our early twenties. None of us was old enough to rent a car. Yet we couldn't rent a car.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you watch the magical like basketball scene in this episode and see all of that youthful exuberance and thinking I want to fuck those kids up, Like, yeah.
Speaker 10: We're so alive and right on the cusp of like doing the next big thing, and we all had so much ambition and potential and silliness in us, And why wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: Want that for your like as a producer? Now? Like you know you and I love you, love Meg Donnelly about as much as I do and I I am just like, you know what, what don't I want for her everything? I want her to get everything. We were talking about it something earlier and I was like.
Speaker 1: No, I'm producing a movie and I'm like, Meg Donald, can I have her? What can we do to build it up?
Speaker 6: You're like I need somebody like young. I'm like, you should use Meg, Meg, you know. And it's like, I think that's the difference. And I want to see everybody I'm working with do amazing things and like, oh.
Speaker 5: My gosh, the world.
Speaker 6: I don't want to take everything from them, and and but I think that's the difference with with someone like him, is.
Speaker 5: Just I want to own you.
Speaker 6: You're here because I said yes to you and no one else would have done that. And thank goodness I gave you this break. Thank goodness I put you where you are, you know, and One Tree Hill was my big break. And yes, you did say yes to me, and thank you. But the rest of the work I'm doing myself, you know. And the audition I did myself.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It's but back then I really couldn't think that way, you know. I was I was too young and too green, and.
Speaker 3: Well we also just didn't know that there was a world where we could be mentored instead of stepped on.
Speaker 1: You guys, God did he was mentoring me. He was absolutely like, we're going to start a record label together. We're going to do with this production company together. So I had started a production company this season, season four of One Tree Hill, I started Southern Gothic Productions. And the scene that Chad and I shot in my comment Convert by the Water, I will remember that day as long as I live, because he was directing and we were he was seated up with me on the back seat while we were waiting for the camera to move, and I'm like, and we found this script and this guy, Nick Gray, my best friend, like wrote it and I was like so excited. I'm like, and we're gonna take it to this person and we have uta looking at it and like there was all this momentum and he just stopped me and he's like, honey, you're not smart enough to be a producer. Just enjoy being an actress. It's so much less work. And I so I just want to say, God, damn it, we're all producers now. So yeah, my second one of us is a producer.
Speaker 6: Now, Yes, that's just a terrible way to look at things. And I think, I from what I've seen on my end, that dynamic is changing.
Speaker 5: It's changing in the writer's room definitely.
Speaker 6: That we had for when Winchester's there wasn't a us against the actors, you know, the producers against the actors.
Speaker 5: Why does it have to be like that?
Speaker 6: It doesn't you know, in order to have a good production and turn out a good show, everybody has to be on the same page, working together.
Speaker 5: The best idea wins.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say that, yes, my favorite.
Speaker 5: Like watching a production work like that.
Speaker 6: Is so so much more beautiful and then everybody's I don't think producing. I would argue that that acting is harder, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe depends. It depends on.
Speaker 6: The film or movie I guess, But yeah, that's that's upsetting.
Speaker 5: I remember when that happened to you.
Speaker 1: We had good stuff in this episode. We had really good stuff in this episode. And so for the fans at home that love it, I don't want to shit on it because I love it too. And I think that's what's so confusing, is that it can be an awful experience but a thing that we still love.
Speaker 6: I loved it's reflective in this actual episode. I mean like that struck me right off the bat, and I mean it was just like.
Speaker 5: It's so great and it's so bad.
Speaker 6: And that was my experience in this episode was I had so much fun.
Speaker 5: I hadn't seen my friends in a while. I was coming back.
Speaker 6: I had done a film in between, and I felt like more confident in what I was doing, and I came back with like, yes, I'm kind of doing I'm kind of doing good. And then I got like back to the face.
Speaker 5: But so it was.
Speaker 6: It was the episode of highs and lows, both on and off camera for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think what's really important to reiterate about stuff like this, and you're right, is that it's both. You know, you can grow up with a complex family and have had nightmare times with them and beautiful times with them. And I think it's really important to remind our friends at home that you know, they watch an episode that's an hour long. But this took us eight days for seventeen hours a day. Some of those hours were terrible and really hard, and we were prepared for battle almost every day by now. By the end of season four, when we'd come to work and our boss would be there. But we also had times where we were having so much fun together. And I see that in us when we're dancing and we know we don't know the words, and I remember the words and moves. I remember when I got to a point I was wearing pumps and they kept trying to fly off my feet, so the wardrobe rubber banded my shoes to my feet. After a while, I was like, I can't feel my feet. You guys, if I fall on you, I'm so sorry, And like how funny that was. And I remember, to your point, the exuberance, like when we got to the river court and people started kicking their shoes off and we were throwing our jackets. He wasn't directing us to do any of that. We were doing it because we were together and there was beauty in it. But I think it's very hard when the world has only seen and celebrated the beauty of an experience, to be the one who knows there's pain, like you got to cut it out and you got to clean out the wound. And I'm I'm proud of us for doing this together, and I'm proud of the people who listen to us, who talk about how it matters, and who are motivated to share about their own lives because of things we share on the show, Like I really think healing is contagious and so you know, you said it, Hill, he can eat a bag of Dick's look at us now.
Speaker 1: All the day?
Speaker 3: Is that the title of this episode?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: I just love that that there's a whole new crop of young actors coming up through you, Daniel, because you know how to prepare, hear them and protect them. And that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeahful, I think just you know, we we need to just share that message the most you know on how to behave Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that that's that's the key.
Speaker 6: And also the young people coming up now, Man, I can't imagine somebody on set grabbing someone's ass and that person not just turning around immediately, you know, or somebody siget like it feels like it feels like we are close to real change.
Speaker 5: It really does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these kids have social media, God bless them. They can just taight some out real quick. I wish we'd add that exactly. Good for that. I love it. Do we have fan questions or do we want to just pick an honorable mention for this very conflicted episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think let's go for honorable mention.
Speaker 1: You know, I loved lean Norris jumping off of the roof and making his way down to Brook David.
Speaker 2: And punching that.
Speaker 3: He's sorry, you look great. I love that moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I wish. I wish Mouth and Rachel would have kissed. I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were being punished, Sophia got your present. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Mouth had a nice reclamation and he never went creepy. He didn't try to sleep with Shelley, he didn't push it with Brooke. It was just I love you, You're my friend. Good luck. Yeah, see you later.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sweet ladies, Oh god, we graduated. I feel like you could take a breath now. I'm going to sleep tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this episode's done to Neil.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: No, thank you. Was this was good? A little bit of therapy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: All right, let's spin that wheel. What do we have this week? This is the last wheel of high school ladies.
Speaker 3: I hope it's about high school.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just apply whatever it is to high school.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, like in bed on a fortune cookie, most.
Speaker 5: Likely to become a Mamager.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's Brook, right, yeah?
Speaker 6: Brook?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I feel like because Brook's mom was her CEO, she would never but maybe.
Speaker 1: We all become our parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Ben Brook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think deb could go Ma meger.
Speaker 3: By the way. I was just gonna say, if Brooke did it the way Barbara's done it in real life, where she's raised her girls to be these amazing actresses and then goes and works on their shows to make sure they're safe, but like they're a obsessed with her, like they're having the best time. I'm like, that could be fun.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, Barbara is the perfect example of the best way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she wins.
Speaker 5: Agreed.
Speaker 3: I love you, Barb. Okay, friends, next episode, I can't believe it. We're time jumping to season five, episode one, four years, six months, and two days.
Speaker 1: My gosh. The only thing I remember is Rachel being a junkie Daniel before we lose you. Do you want to give any like drug advice?
Speaker 6: Don't do drug, don't do them kids. Yeah, yeah, I'll come back for that episode.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, okay, shower, Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there is so much to talk about in that episode.
Speaker 2: So much good stuff, good Rachel stuff coming up.
Speaker 1: I love it all right.
Speaker 2: We love everybody, see you, I love you, love. Thanks for joining us, friends, Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's.
Speaker 1: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 3: We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 4: Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheering for the right teams Drama Queens, Draise my girl, up girl fashion with your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us.
Speaker 4: Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens Drama Queens