Speaker 1: On this episode of This League, we talk about Kevin Durant's wild Friday Night on Twitter, Kyrie's new beef with an Internet comedian, Tom Thibodeau's notebook like romance with Derrick Rose, and we also have a ton of listener dms, so we'll hit those hard too. Without further ado, I don't say this lightly at all, but Friday, one of the craziest things in the NBA happened. One of the craziest things that I've ever seen in the NBA happen. This is a season where we don't know thirty minutes before tip of a game is actually gonna even happen. This is this is a season where we don't know if players are gonna have COVID at any given time. We got to witness in this season something that we've never seen before. And of all places, Marty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brooklyn, Yeah, I mean we are at Brooklyn nets Pod.
Speaker 1: Remember exactly exactly. It's perfect. So KD, poor KD continue to get snake bitten by COVID protocols, Adam Silver's insistence to continue to move the goalposts, and I think Katie's had enough. So this is what happened. KD was one of the first people. I don't know if you remember this, Marty, but KD was one of the first people to get COVID in the NBA March of twenty twenty COVID March seventeenth, he told Shams he tests positive. At that point, there were only fifteen confirmed cases of COVID, so okay, so we know that there is in some universe that maybe Kd's immune, maybe he's not immune to COVID, which makes this whole scenario a little more bizarre to me. So this season rolls around in Boom January fourth, he has a close contact with someone with COVID and he's forced to miss a week seven days, didn't have COVID, never tested positive for COVID, just out of an abundance of caution, he had to sit out three games. And all of that to me made sense at the time because the league was really making sure that they were cautious. They are trying to be careful in a pandemic, after all. And then since then, the NBA is sort of made a decision that they don't really care as much, clearly drawing lines in the sand that money like Kawhi Leonard said is much more important than safety. They're all over the place in terms of when games are gonna get postponed, when players get held out, when they're allowed to suit up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's been a real mess as of late, how they've been handling things.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is messy. This is the girl that gets drunk at the party throws up all over the frat party messy. And then Friday night it got a whole lot worse in my opinion, that the NBA finally showed that they have zero idea what they're doing, no idea, utterly completely clueless. Twenty five minutes before game time, this is what happened. The news came down. KD is going to be a last minute scratch due to COVID protocols. Again, even though the man tested negative three times out of an abundance of caution, he's not gonna play. Then, four minutes before game time, KD was sitting on the next bench and you're like, what's going on. Then he enters the game as a reserve for the first time in his eight hundred and sixty seven game career. Doesn't start insane. Then midway through the third quarter, he gets a foul and they're disputing whether he has a foul or not, and then all of a sudden, the Sandman comes and drags KD off the floor, like okay, because that inconclusive test from another close contact came back positive midway through the game. So let's recap. Durant has already had COVID and recovered from COVID. Has anybody's has returned two negative PCR tests, which are the accurate ones. But someone the net Star had interacted with had COVID, And so even though he's been with his teammates all game, he has to leave. And of course, obviously in that chaos, they lost. So I think, right now, Katie's had enough. And when he got taken out, he decided to come at the NBA on Twitter in perfect Katie fashion, and I'm not even talking about using his burner. I had to look at dates. I had to look multiple times to see if it was correct. I think. I came up to you and I was like, this is this is from right now, right, this is him tweeting, live tweeting the game. He's literally live tweeting the nets game free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he tweeted, yo, NBA, your fans aren't dumb with a bunch of exclamation points. You can't fool them with your whack ass PR tactics. Hashtag free seven free seven.
Speaker 1: I love that. So what does that mean? It means that Kevin Durant is smart enough to know that the NBA does not give a fuck about COVID. He's like, Yo, you're pulling me after sitting with my teammates all night just for the look. You do not know what you're doing. All you care about is the perception. That's what he's saying. All you care about is your whack ass PR tactics. You just want the perception that you care about player safety when you do not. And then shockingly KD was mad, His teammates were mad, and James Harden said this postgame. They said it was just contact tracing. I'm thinking to myself, if it's contact tracing, then we were all in the locker room together. That means that there's no game if he's not going to be able to play. That was my thought process, Marty, That's anel that just plainly should not have happened. Yeah, and there are lots of reasons that you can blame the NETS for taking else to inferior teams like Steve Nash and his trash ass rotations that he makes. But but like this night, this is not on the Nets. This is on Adam Silver in the league one hundred percent. Once the ball tips, you can't pull your marquee player in the middle of the game. Like he's already out there. Yeah, he's already been sweating and sitting with his teammates. He was never removed from his team to begin with. He's been side by side with them for hours. Now what do you think this other fifteen minutes is gonna do? Like it's it's just dumbfounding. Tyler Harrow had the same exact same thing happened to him a couple of weeks ago. His roommate tested positive, nothing happened, he got to play no games postponed. This is insane, fucked. So now the Nets are going to have to miss the centerpiece of their offense for multiple games because he's got a quarantine for seven days. He misses the Pistons game and the Pacers game, so they'll probably lose. I mean they'll probably lose both of those the way the Pistons are playing. So here's here's the bottom line. It's it's this is not good. This is not I don't consider this a part of that. This is a dysfunctional organization thing. This is a dysfunctional We've got a dysfunctional league on our hands. The Nets have already been in chaos. Their Big three is not meshing. In the best of circumstances, the Nets have only had five games with Harden, Kyrie, and Katie together out of a total of twelve With Durant gone. This week, they're gonna have fourteen games without one of their big three. Sometimes they miss two out of those three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over a quarter of a seventy two game season without one of their stars on the floor.
Speaker 1: Like, it's crazy. I mean, I would say that's meaningful. Yeah, I would say that's a meaningful stat So, yeah, I would say that the league pulling this fuckery on the Nets is definitely not the same as shutting down a team like the Washington Wizards for a month. You've got a team that's a contender. There's a top four team in the league. KD is the league's most marketable player, top two player in the league, and he is just getting completely fucked by Adam Silver in the league. This is just not what you hope for if you were the Nets who mortgaged your future for James Harden. Just not Like, despite what Steven Asmith says, this team is not a lock to go to the finals. This team is not a lock to do anything besides just make the playoffs. I'm sorry, Nets fans, that's the truth. So let's just recap. Kdie sits for seven days now due to a close contact. But every maskless player that shared the court with him in warm ups and on the bench and on the court is good to go. Fine, nothing happens, No Raptors games postponed, no Nets games postponed. But KD can't play for a week. Like, aren't they the close contact to the close contact those teammates, Like if he potentially has COVID, don't they potentially have COVID?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It makes sense.
Speaker 1: I wonder to myself what the league is gonna do when a close contact of an All Star tests positive the week of February fourteenth. Huh, I wonder. I hope it happens. Let's stay tuned. This league still mad about Katie? How bad do you have to fuck up? For the entire Internet? To take the side of Kyrie Irving. Think about that, the entire Internet hates Kyrie Irving and yet they all defended him. That's that's crazy for a variety of reasons too. You've got Boston Celtics fans that hate him. You've got lebron stands that hate him, Blue Lives Slash, All Lives Matter certainly hate him. Steve Nash fans like you, Marty hate him.
Speaker 2: Facts you hate him, Yep.
Speaker 1: Geographers hate him. People who know in their heart of hearts that the earth is round hate him. Just likes people who care about the truth hate him. All of them came to Kyrie's defense, all of them because why Because a basketball comedian on the Internet name Max's Nice decided he was about to get some get mean. So Max's Nice made a spoof video making fun of Kyrie Irving burning stage. Did you see this? Yeah? No, I saw it, and I thought it was funny at the time I did. It was like KD and Kyrie b like and then He's got Sage and Sage the burning stage in the background. To be fair, it did seem harmless at the time, given that Kyrie did burn Sage in TD Garden and at the time that he burned the sage in td Garden, I was like, Wow, Kyrie Irving is really trying to clear the negativity of his time in Boston. That was where my drama filled head went. Yeah, that was obviously not the case. I just thought it was like a new age hippie thing. I hadn't done nearly in the amount of research clearly that I needed to do. And it turns out neither did. Max's Nice and Kyrie Irving took big offense. So Kyrie commented on the video what did it say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an Instagram comment and it said, I respect the comedy, but tell your ignorant counterpart, Max is Nice, do not disrespect my ancestors Tennis culture with his gestures. My god, it's sacred to us natives to burn sage and it's a remembrance of the people who died to preserve our customs.
Speaker 1: I mean, Okay, that's not good. That is a bad look for maxis Nice. Yeah, it's a bad look because Kyrie came at him in a very respectful way. In case you didn't know, and I think a lot of people miss this. Kyrie's mom is Elizabeth Ann Larson, who passed away when he was four, and she was a member of the Standing rock Suit tribe, adopted when she was a baby, but her native name is Elizabeth Ann White Mountain. Kyrie is a seventh generation Native American. He is active in the Sioux community. His Native American name is Little Mountain. And you know that it's serious because that's the first thing that's on his Instagram profile is his native American name. And ig obviously Marty is a huge thing in the Kyrie Irving universe. I mean, yeah, that I would say is quite disrespectful given that this is a custom in Native American culture. And instead of apologizing, your boy Max is Nice, decided no, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna fan the flames and say, you know what, Kyrie, you can catch these hands. He said, do you want a box and put boxing gloves on. The comment to Kyrie, that is a bad, bad, bad look. And then the Internet goes crazy, as it does, and not in the normal like fuck you Kyrie kind of way, not in the oh, Kyrie's the worst kind of way. I mean, this is the craziest ratio. It was one hundred percent against Max's nice one hundred percent. Oh yeah, that is how egregious everything that Max's Nice did. I don't know if he recovers. He's tried to recover. He's apologized sense, but it's like a little too late now. The spoof ignorant but forgivable. The reaction was just toxic. It was like, I know I'm ignorant, but I'm going to double down on my ignorance. I can't believe you sunned me on Instagram, So I'm just gonna be mad at you and tell you you're wrong and we can just fight, we can just scrap. Instead of me being like, yeah, that was pretty ignorant. He just didn't have any idea that this could be offensive, and it was. So. I know, I have some bad takes. I made some bad takes I don't even want anyone to remember, but if someone called me out on them, I would certainly say, you know what, that's on me. Sometimes you just have to own up or you're gonna be lifelong burned by NBA twitter. Ah, find someone who loves you and wants you as much as Tom Thibodau wants Derrick Rose. This is the best romance on this side of the notebook. Just adorable. I mean, especially given the fact that Derrick Rose is a broken man. He has been discarded by multiple teams after he was an MVP. How many teams has it been on? Five? I think five teams For someone who was an MVP to be discarded, you are fragile. And you know what, Tom Thibodeau is going to lift Derek Rose up. He is now rejoined with Tom Thibodeau on the New York Knicks. This is the third time he's been on a Tom Thibodeaux team. That is wild, That is insane. That is something that everyone can can be inspired by.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: I love that. How can you love Tibbs not love Tibbs being out of the league. And then he gets his job in New York and he's like, Derek, don't worry, buddy, You're one of my first priorities to bring back. Like you're coming home.
Speaker 2: I'll get you out of Detroit.
Speaker 1: I'll get you out of there, buddy. Like, don't worry, I'm gonna make sure that James Dolan is not in love with Emmanuel quickly. I'll barely play him any minutes. He won't even know what he has. You're gonna be starting in no time. It's okay, Dennis Smith Junior. He wants to be on the G League. We'll send it to Detroit. That's the next best thing, right, It's all good, It's all good. He made sure to go get Dereck Rose. It's not even halfway through the season yet, it's not even to the trade deadline, and he goes and gets his guy. Detroit was just not using him, and TIBs was like, you know what, I'll take him. Let us have it. This is just crazy. As a human being, as my therapist would say, as human beings, we want to be deeply seen and known. TIBs sees Dereck Rose, he sees how special he is, how special he can be again, and God blessed Tom Thibodeaux. He knows how he can use him and how it can work. And Lord knows. For some reason, Tom Thibodeau isn't going to use Emmanuel quickly until he's thirty. Tom Thibodau'll be gone by then. He's holding that other twenty minutes for Dereck Rose. Dereck Rose has never averaged less than twenty seven minutes a game. Playing with Tom Thibodeau. This boy's about to start. This boy is about to start as soon as he as soon as he passes COVID protocols. That's crazy. What a love story in the middle of a cold, cold February. All right, let's get into some dms. I had over four hundred dms for basketball related questions.
Speaker 2: That's quite a lot.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, First off, we have why is Anthony Davis playing so soft this year?
Speaker 1: I mean the thing about these questions that I loved is that they all are the things that are in my head that I can't say out loud and now and now big Underscore Bob could say him for me. Yeah, Anthony Davis is soft. Period. We talk about like resting bitch face, Anthony Davis and his resting state are is soft? Do you agree with that, Marty?
Speaker 2: I may not go that far, but I see I could see how a lot of people think that and arrived there.
Speaker 1: Yes, explain I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just seems a little weird to call someone who can go out and play the way I have seen him play at times soft at times? Yeah, at times.
Speaker 1: So what I said is resting, resting state is soft. Sure, of course, can he if he is put someone puts a shot collar on him, turn into a dog In the playoffs, yes, we saw Anthony Davis turn into a dog. But we know that Lebron James had the remote in his hand and the shot collar around Anthony Davis to turn him into a junkyard dog. That is what we see all last season and during part of the playoffs. I say, Wow, this Anthony Davis kid can disappear. He can disappear for stretches. He can be a marshmallow. I'm not saying he always is a marshmallow. I'm not saying that he always is soft, but he can be that way for long periods of times, games at a time. And I know people are gonna get very mad about this on social and I don't care. This is just the way it is. Here's a little stat for you, Marty ad may be shooting better this year percentage wise and points wise, but he's averaging the fewest rebounds and blocks in his entire career since his rookie season. What do you have to say about that?
Speaker 2: I mean, that makes sense. I've seen him play this year. That makes sense that that's where he's at statistically this year, he's.
Speaker 1: Getting fouled less this year, which means this boy doesn't want to go anywhere near the rim. This boy is I get it, like you win your ring, you want to stick around the perimeter for a while. I mean it's tough. It's tough down there on the block. I don't care that he grew up in Chicago. He was crown King very young. AA you entitled soft spoken, like soft and I like the guy, I really do. And as a human being, I can see why Lebron James also loves Anthony Davis. He is an unselfish player. But with that comes someone who is very very clearly not a pitbole just not that is just not. Fortunately for Anthony Davis and his legacy and Lebron James and his legacy, and the Lakers and their legacy, Anthony Davis has clearly shown when the lights are bright, that boy goes ham. But he is no Jimmy Butler. He is no like hard rock that just will give it to people on a night tonight. Basis so Laker fans, yes, you're gonna have to suffer with Anthony Davis being quite soft looking throughout the regular season and probably through stretches of the playoffs. But don't worry. You've got the ultimate dog in Lebron James and the Caesar Milan. This is fucks a fucked up. This is a fucked up analogy. But the Caesar Milan in Lebron James turning Anthony Davis into oh I just can't just you know what I have what I'm saying on a he's turned him into a junkyard dog in the playoffs, but not on a night to night basis. That was I mean, this could get me ratios, but this is that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So the next one is who should the Celtics use the traded player exception on?
Speaker 1: So they have twenty eight and a half million and the traded player exception. Aine has said he wants shooters with size, So who are those people? Do you have any names? Mind? Kelly, Kelly ub shooters with size. That boy, Kelly Ubra, he he will shoot. We know that Kelly Ubra will shoot. Harrison Barnes, I like he's averaging seventeen fifty percent from the field, forty one percent from three. He could be an addition, he's he can also defend. I would say, Yeah, I love the idea of PJ. Tucker because, like, I think that the Celtics need to get Marcus Smart out of there out. I love Marcus Smart. I love his toughness. I love what he can do, but boy does he make some bad, bad decisions on the offensive side. He thinks he's a good He doesn't Kelly Ubra shit he does he does. We're like, whoa, he does shit that Draymond Green does where it's like, Yo, why are you shooting from the logo right now? Did anyone tell you to do that? Did anyone say, Marcus Smart, this is your game to go out and shoot thirty times tonight? No? So I want Marcus Smart out. PJ. Tucker doesn't do that shit. He does not. He's just as tough as Marcus Smart. He's bigger, he can hit threes, and he makes so much better decisions. So I like that. Who else? I really like Julius Randall, But I don't think the Knicks are I think the Knicks are playing way too good and I do not I think they love themselves and Julius.
Speaker 2: Randall, Oh yeah, they're gonna see what they have in him right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean before before Tibbs runs the tread off of Julius Randall and then they have to trade him for nothing. I don't think. I don't think they're gonna get rid of him. I've also heard that the Bulls are shopping marketing, but I don't think marketing plays good enough d for them. Also, like, I just don't think. I just don't think that moves the needle in any exciting way for a while, though I love but they see here's the thing about the Ennis Cant thing, like they don't know how to use They obviously don't know this is a Brad Stevens segment in the future. But Brad Stevens clearly misused Ennis cantor Nis Cant for the Blazers. Now is like one of the best free agent signings in the entire offseasons.
Speaker 2: Oh, he can get a bucket.
Speaker 1: He can get a bucket, he can rebound, and boy, he is an underrated defender for how much people drag him. He three blocks in a game like the Celtics didn't use Ennis cantor whatsoever. But he's not like a three point shooter. I really really like Vussovich as as a possible candidate for them. He can shoot the three, he's seven feet tall, he can defend, he can pull guys out. He can actually defend someone like Embiid. This is the problem. The Celtics have no answer for Joel Embiid and when it comes time for the playoffs, that's gonna be a huge, huge problem. Let's go next question.
Speaker 2: Okay, next up, we've got who's the worst player you would trade Ben Simmons for?
Speaker 1: Who asked that question?
Speaker 2: This is from user Johnny underscore Cocaine.
Speaker 1: Well, Johnny Cocaine, what a great question. That's like, I love these random hypotheticals that my mind never thinks of. Who's the worst player that you would trade Ben Simmons for? Hmm? I mean, there's plenty of bad players that you could legitimately swap them for. I think the worst player being floated around is Zach Lavine. I don't think Zach the Zack Lavine's having like an all We'll call it an All year for him. I wouldn't call it like an All Pro year.
Speaker 2: But he's playing a lot of people got hurt. He could maybe be an All Star.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, He's at the All Star Game for one reason, and one reason only the dunk contest. I guess the three point shooting contest. Sometimes two he's been in. But he's not an All Star. All that to say he's not an All Star. I have read a lot of articles saying that that's a possibility. But the only reason you do that is to get out of Ben simmons bad contract. So I don't think that's gonna happen. But the trade, this isn't really a bad trade, So this isn't the worst player. I'm kind of like skating out of this question as much as I can. But the trade that I love in my mind is Anthony Simon's and CJ McCollum for Ben Simmons and maybe Dwight Howard. So you couldn't trade CJ for Ben straight up. I just wouldn't. Maybe you could, So let's just say you do that. See you get rid of CJ, which is right around twenty five points of offense. We don't have him right now anyway, bomb Ankle, But the Blazers already have plenty of offense. So we've got Gary Trent Junior, You've got Rodney Hood, You've obviously got Dame Robert Covington. Can get a bucket, So you got plenty of that. Gary Tren Junior immediately steps into CJ. McCollums role, and now with Covington Jones and Ben Simmons, you could possibly maybe defend some people. Maybe, Like we are at this point, we Blazers being my team, we are the second worst defensive team in the entire National Basketball Association, So goddamn it, we need some defense. Terry Stotts, I think could actually unlock Ben Simmons in a way using Damian Lillard and Ben Simmons pick and roll. Like, could you imagine using Ben Simmons like the Blazers used Nurkic, Like put him on the free throw line, come up, Dame can Like you can run a two man action with those dudes all day.
Speaker 2: Dame would get a fuck ton of hockey assists.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And Ben Simmons he can pass, Oh yeah, he can pass that. I mean, you can get some backdoor cutters. I just I really like that. I don't think it would ever happen, but I think it's a possibility. Uh, with the West being filled with gun slingers, we need to defend someone. I mean, just Darren Fox is gonna cook us you know, Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, gonna cook us just all day. We cannot hang with elite teams. We've got to figure something out. I love CJ, but like, goddamn, something's gotta change, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh, speaking of the Kings, we've got besides Fox and Haliburton, please try and find something positive about the Kings. This is from uh User Kangs all Day?
Speaker 1: Was that your twang? Or is it actually kangs? He spells it Kanings like like kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, like the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, this person caangs all Day is disgruntled obviously, what a scarred fan. Okay, that's like being like yo, outside of me being like good looking and fit, Please tell me why I am like a desirable human being. Like, you've got two players in dearon Fox and Haliburton that are very exciting, very good, very skilled players that you have to build on for the future. So, like, besides them, what is there to be excited about? There's actually a lot of things you've got. You've got Buddy Healed, he is killing. You've got Harrison Barnes, he's killing. They've won eight of ten games. That's exciting. They're one of the best teams to bet against the spread. They've just consistently outperformed. They just beat the Clippers, they just beat the Celtics. I'm I mean, this is an exciting ass team. This is This is just an unreal question because like you've got you lucked out on Haliburton, you didn't deserve him. The Kings never draft well. Like, what are you mad about? You're mad because Marvin Bagley didn't work out. Like you're mad because Willie coley Stein has gone or DeMarcus Cousins is no longer there? What are you mad about? What are you so sad for? Like, this team is exciting.
Speaker 2: As one of the teams that passed on Luca, I could say that probably has a little something to do with it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say things about Luca at some point. I don't, I don't, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I think that's probably where a little bit of the depression comes from. But another thing I will add, whenever you win, Rischon Holmes mother posts Instagram videos that are very heartwarming about your victory.
Speaker 1: Oh that is a nice thing to go and check that out on ig Kang's what is it.
Speaker 2: Kang's all day, Kang's all day.
Speaker 1: I would die for to have Diaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton on my team. So if you're a Kings fan, just enjoy the ride. There's a lot to be encouraged about, especially those ig posts.
Speaker 2: Okay, does Kelly Ubre look better with or without his headband?
Speaker 1: Who's that? From?
Speaker 2: Walland five thirty?
Speaker 1: Walland five thirty? What a question? What an unreal question? Do you know that Kelly Ubre has become a universal sex symbol for men?
Speaker 2: Quite aware?
Speaker 1: And yeah, you were, you were? You are a Suns fan and he was a son. Tell me about what you know about this?
Speaker 2: I mean he's handsome, he's handsome. He used to hook up with Kendall Jenner for a little while before he and uh she and book started dating.
Speaker 1: Uh had just been passed around the NBA had a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's from Louisiana. He got displaced by Hurricane Katrina. I'm a fan. I'm a big Kelly Ubray fan, even though he's no longer a son.
Speaker 1: There are straight men who say some wild things in Kelly Ubra's Instagram, like like have my babies? It has become a trend for straight men to sexually harass Kelly Ubray online. That's just what has been the only thing that is not sexy about Kelly Ubra is him shooting three for forty. Yeah, that's the only thing. Or him telling the world that he thinks that he's going to replace Kevin Durant when he came in for the Warriors like that was also not exactly sexy. I false Bravado is not sexy, and that was that. That was false Bravado. I love the quote confidence, but in terms of his his looks, I looked at some photos of Kelly Ubray just this morning, and I think he's sexier naked, so no headband, sexier with the no headband, sexier, just play naked, lots of tattoos, love myself some Kelly Oubra, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay? Next up we have how would you cope if you were a Magic fan?
Speaker 1: God, it's rough. It's rough band Magic fan. You had so much to be excited about the Magic the first episode of this podcast, We're one of the most exciting teams in the NBA. They were like second in the East. Mark el Foltz was ballin and then as soon as he tore himself his knee up. Now the Magic are n nine and fifteen. They've lost seven to ten. It's just a depressing situation. You've got really nothing to look forward to if you're an Orlando Magic fan. So here's what I would do. Uh oh, yes, this stat I forgot to say. Their last game, they lost to the Bulls at home by twenty eight. They scored a minuscule twelve twelve points in a quarter. My let me just say this. My high school girls basketball team regularly scored more than twelve in a quarter. We put up at least fifteen seventeen points at a quarter. I mean, it wasn't much better, but that's better than an NBA player. So how would I cope? I guess I would look at the draft board a lot. I mean, you could get Cad Kenningham maybe like keep sliding, keep sliden more. You could get maybe Jalen Sugs from Gonzaga. Just keep sliding, get deep into the weeds. And the NBA draft Reddit tankathon. Yeah, just like look at old Penny Hardaway highlights, look at old Shack highlights. Those two together were the last time this Orlando Magic team was really exciting. Exciting. They went to the finals with with Dwight Dwight Howard, but that doesn't count to me. I just don't think that that was a good team at all. I would say also, maybe enjoy some time away from from basketball, put on your favorite Tracy McGrady jersey, and like enjoy the Florida Sun. Just maybe go to the Bayou and like look at some crocodiles, or maybe take a trip to Walt Disney World Splash Mountain. That's the only splashing that's going on in Orlando is Splash Mountain.
Speaker 2: And they're changing the name.
Speaker 1: They're changing the name to what where?
Speaker 2: They changing the name to the Princess and the Frog Ride. I don't know exactly what the name is, but I think they are changing the name dum a little bit.
Speaker 1: I feel that is a change in history. I don't like that anyway. Fuck it. Maybe become a team, a fan of a team if you don't live in Orlando, become a fan of a team near your city that you live in. Just start wearing their colors, jump on the bandwagon. I don't know. Become a Kings fan. Kings are very exciting. Just to ask Kings, was it King's Rider or Die. What was his name? Kings Kings all day? Yeah, I mean this guy, this guy is John Whitney. Maybe your name should be Magic Fan for Life. Maybe I would think a more ride or Die than you are.
Speaker 2: Next question, Okay, this should be fun.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Uh where do you rank Devin Booker in the league?
Speaker 1: Oh, Marty, Marty, Marty. I vacillated back and forth on us for a long ass time because you say the name Devin Booker and you think, man, this dude is good. Man? Is he a walking bucket? Man? Does he do exciting things? See a leader? Is he pretty out there? Smooth? Just able? Like that Chase down block? You think about that Chase down block comes back? Has the assist? God, I love some Devin Booker. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You think about a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Think about a lot of things. You're like, oh, man, he's underrated. He can be clutch. And then you look at Basketball reference dot com, the dream killer of all dream killers, and you see his step and you say, wow, are my eyes deceiving me? Is Devin Booker? Is Devin Booker that good? Is he as good as I think he is? Statistically? Devin Booker is thirty four percent from three for his career. That is concerning. That's so concerning this year, and you think to yourself, maybe last year it was just because people were draped all over him. He was the only option at the wing. Mcal Bridges hadn't come into his own yet. He had Kelly Ubray with him chucking. No need to defend Kelly Ubray, Ricky Rubio chucking. Okay, so he's draped and now he's unlocked, right, and shit, what is he shooting from three now? Thirty five percent? That's not good. That is not good. And then you think to yourself, Okay, is he better than is he better than CJ McCollum, Who's who I'm advocating we should trade. Yeah, I think he's better. I think to myself, yeah, he's better than CJ. Right, he's better than CJ. And then I go on Basketball Reference again and CJ McCollum is shooting a whopping forty four percent from three, and you're like, damn, that's a full ten percent better. Holy shit, And let's be serious. CJ's threes are also contested. He's not a man in the corner just waiting to get shots free. Passes from Dame on the kickout. That would be disrespectful if you said that I love I love Devin Booker, But where does he rank? I just don't know. I think if I had to say and go down the list, I'd say, like the fifth best shooting guard in the league. Fifth, fifth, I have to put it at like five.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I can't know I fifth.
Speaker 1: Let me like just look like, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Don't do lists, So like, I'm not gonna come out and say a percent you're own. I don't think I would have him fifth by any stretch.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about we're talking about like right now, or are we talking about including including Clay Thompson.
Speaker 2: We'll include him.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you've got James Harden too, You've got Clay, You've got Paul George, Paul George. You don't put Paul George there, You've got Drew Drew Holler.
Speaker 2: I think I think if Paul George Moore is a wing than a shooting guard.
Speaker 1: But that's what is that's what he's considered as a shooting guard. That's what they call him. He's not a small forward, a shooting guard. Okay, So we'll take out Paul George. I put C. J. McCollum right in front. Okay, I don't, it's I mean, I just do. He's an iron man. Devin Booker has been really a lot hurt, more hurt. I think he's five. He's like four or five. Give me your give me your best. I know you're salty about this. Give me your best, Devin Booker, Like, how do you how do you respond to thirty four from three at.
Speaker 2: Your I mean you kind of did it. You kind of did it for me. He's always had shit teammates his entire career. He's had to shoot out of triple teams constantly.
Speaker 1: That's why Damian Lillard shoots out of triple teams. That boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, not everyone is Damian Lillard's level of sharpshooter. I'm not saying Devin Booker really is. I think him winning the three point contest at a young age made people think of him only as a sharp shooter and like that's his game. But dude gets inside, he facilitates, he gets people involved. He does way more than shoot threes. And I do expect that number.
Speaker 1: To go up. I hope it goes up. It's gotta go up. That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it has to go out.
Speaker 1: It's gotta get you.
Speaker 2: If it goes down, then I'll go.
Speaker 1: I mean that's all the time. I think we used that all the time that we have on that shoot. This was a fun episode. Please rate, please rate, was it? Rate, review, subscribe all those things. Also, the analytics people tell me that if you unsubscribe and resubscribe, that's better, So please do that. Apple podcasts and on Spotify, I think Apple podcasts are weighed heavier. You don't care, Just listen, Please just listen. It makes a huge difference. We also have this League hoodies on sale in the Barstool store. Please help us out. Thank you so much for listening. We have a packed Friday morning show.