Speaker 1: The second date of day.
Speaker 2: It's a well documented fact on this show that Brooke does not respect people who ride the bus a kids. I don't want to say that she thinks they're beneath her. She just definitely doesn't.
Speaker 1: Think that they're on her level. That's probably the best way to put it.
Speaker 3: I feel like Jeffrey is always putting his own feelings on me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying I'm a little bit worried for this call because we have a woman on the phone who apparently rides the bus to work all the time. And Brooke, I know it's probably too much for me to ask you to be non judgmental doing this, but can you at least try and keep it civil and not spit on the.
Speaker 1: Floor when I say her name?
Speaker 2: Although you know what, there is probably usually spitting bodily fluids on the floor of the bus, So maybe make her feel like she's at home. Let's welcome Tricia to the show. Tricia, how you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well? How are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: Terrible intro? Tricia, You riding the bus is just fine?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you hear how? She said? That was such distain? It's fine? Her publicist told her she has to be like nicer.
Speaker 3: Boyfriends that only rode the bus.
Speaker 1: She broke up with all of them immediately. I'm gonna tell you that.
Speaker 2: But Tricia, we're gonna we're gonna try our best to be on your side. Here, tell us about why you emailed for a second date.
Speaker 1: Update. Who'd you go out with?
Speaker 4: All right? So his name is Dave. I met him on the bus. So what happened was sometimes I'll see the same kind of characters on the bus every day, but this guy hadn't met before. He sat next to me. Didn't think much of it, but then the bus had like some kind of problem the engine. I don't know what it was, but.
Speaker 2: Brook cut the wires, so the bus stall.
Speaker 4: We were hanging out there, so of course, you know, we start talking to each other. Next to me, I seemed like a really nice guy. He's like, listen, I'm already late for work. Let's just go meet up for coffee.
Speaker 3: I like that instead of I'm already late for work, we should call, you know, somebody to come get us.
Speaker 4: Let's just screw it, right, And I was like, yeah, he seems lovely, and so anyway, we go to the coffee. It's just a quick thing. But we get we get our cups of coffee, We exchange numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it was like more than just a friendship.
Speaker 4: Saying yeah, I mean I felt like, why would he give me his number otherwise or asked me to coffee?
Speaker 2: Did you do that like romantic thing where you guys sip out of each other's coffee cups? We did not, Or you do that thing where you interlock your arms and take a sip, hoping.
Speaker 3: Not just feel scalding hot coffee down side.
Speaker 2: I don't expect Brook to understand what romance looks like, but I did you guys not pull that move?
Speaker 4: We did not pull that move.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the next question is did he call you? Did you guys go out again? They exchange numbers Jeffrey, Oh, okay, sure, go ahead, And that's that where that goes.
Speaker 4: Here's we're ridiculed to the meat. So I'm like, how's your week been. We're talking, and he's like, yeah, I've just been really busy. I'm planning this estate sale. I have a lot of stuff to get rid of. I've got friends helping me. And I was actually like, you know what, I actually in the market for a couch, right, know, my cat's destroyed my old one. And I'm like, do you buy any chance to have a couch. He's like, I do as a matter of fact, and he goes, just come pick it up. I'm going to charge you for it. If you like it, you can just have it.
Speaker 3: Get a free couch. Other deal sweet?
Speaker 4: Right, And at this point I don't know what the couch looks like or anything, but we went to a bar together. He showed me pictures on the phone. I'm like, this is perfect.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a hot date showing each other couch pictures.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a two for one deal, right, just getting a hot date and a free couch.
Speaker 1: Did it pass your eye test?
Speaker 4: You mean the guy or the couch, because both did.
Speaker 2: Oh more than just sit on that couch when you go pick it up? So did you go get it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: You think?
Speaker 4: So I go to his house. I said, sure, I'll take it. I just need some way to get at home.
Speaker 2: Aka, you need to take this to my house, please.
Speaker 4: Okay, hoping he's going to offer. But it's weird because he's got this little back patio thing with a sliding glass door and it's been open and at this point, his cat comes running in. Cat jumps up onto the couch and like neffles into it, and he's like, I'm sorry, my cat is he's not even misattached to his couch, but it's almost like he's cleaning it right now. And he's like, I don't know if it's a sign, but suddenly I just have this feeling like I need to keep this couch, Like this cat is in love.
Speaker 5: With his couch.
Speaker 2: He gave DIBs to his cat over you cat just nuzzled the couch.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm a cat person, so I get it to a degree. And I also I'm like, that's so weird.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's maybe because you asked that you needed help bringing it back? Like all of a sudden, the cat is on it and then you're asking that And he's like, oh.
Speaker 5: Cra.
Speaker 2: I won't even help a good friend move their couch, let alone somebody I'm just meeting for a date well.
Speaker 3: With four couches in my living room now.
Speaker 1: So does that mean you didn't get it?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't give it to me. And I'm like, maybe when we hang out again, he'll like provide some clarity. Who is I never heard from him again, and.
Speaker 3: You think it's all because of the couch.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Maybe the cat nuzzled up against your ankle and was like, oh, cat has DIBs on your Now I can't call, but let's see and find out. We're gonna play a song. We'll come back and we'll call Dave. We'll ask him why he's not calling you back and maybe see if that couch is still available so I could have it because I need some help in my place. Anyway, we'll do it in your second date updates.
Speaker 4: I still get DIBs on the couch over you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna let Dave settle this. We're gonna call. Maybe we'll do it right after this.
Speaker 2: It's a very interesting story. We just heard from Tricia about her date with a guy named Dave, but also very matter.
Speaker 3: Of fact, she didn't have a lot of emotion.
Speaker 2: You mean, I feel like I'm just being honest here. I feel like, Tricia, you don't seem very connected to the guy.
Speaker 1: It sounds like what you really want out of this.
Speaker 2: Is a second shot at that couch that he was selling before you got cat blocked.
Speaker 3: I gotta say I wouldn't I wouldn't judge you for it.
Speaker 4: That's a good deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, a free couch.
Speaker 2: I'll just ask, if I offered you the couch right now instead of a date, what would you say, Trisa?
Speaker 4: I think I would take the couch at this point.
Speaker 3: Really it wouldn't It probably would have been that way the other point too.
Speaker 4: I mean the whole thing is like, I don't know Dave that well, I'm not invested emotionally, and if it's a beautiful couch I can get for a bargain and it's perfect more emotionally invested in the couch are.
Speaker 3: Smart choices you're making in your life.
Speaker 6: I actually hard to find the men, honestly, that one that fits your place perfectly, and I love the look of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, this is going to be the first time we've ever done a second date for a piece of furniture.
Speaker 3: But let's give it a shot.
Speaker 1: We're going to call Dave.
Speaker 4: Good couch is hard to find.
Speaker 1: We'll tell he reacts here. I'm gonna call his number. Hello, Hey, is this Dave.
Speaker 5: This is Dave was Colin.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, My.
Speaker 2: Name is Jeff from the show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We're on the radio, Like right now, we're on the radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why am I on the radio? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: Good question, Dave.
Speaker 2: Before we can really get into it, I do need to ask we heard that you have a couch that was up for sale or couch, a really nice couch. We're wondering is that still available?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: What I mean? I still got the couch?
Speaker 1: But who?
Speaker 5: How do you know that? Who told you that?
Speaker 2: We heard about this amazing couch from one of our listeners named Tricia.
Speaker 5: Tricia?
Speaker 3: Remember remember you hung.
Speaker 1: Out with her a little bit, went to a bar and showed her the couch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no I remember Tricia.
Speaker 3: What you sounds kind of mad? Are you that? Tricia?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not mad. I just I'm done with Tricia and I didn't I didn't really want to bring it back up.
Speaker 1: Did WHOA?
Speaker 5: Why are you calling me about this?
Speaker 1: You're done with her? Well?
Speaker 2: She told us that you were the one who asked her out after you met on the bus.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, she was cool. I like Tricia. She's she like a good person. Didn't feel right?
Speaker 3: It didn't feel right, was it? I mean? She also said that you offered her your couch for free.
Speaker 5: I did, I did at one point, Yeah, but then things changed and so she didn't end up taking the couch change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why everything seems so good up to that moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys are being a little nosy here. I don't even know you.
Speaker 6: I don't know what this is about.
Speaker 5: So are we done here?
Speaker 2: I mean, so, I apologize for that, but that's kind of what we do on this segment. We're trying to help Tricia figure out what went wrong because she's clueless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just want to help her tell her, Hey, what happened.
Speaker 3: Is it something that you think she should understand already, like why you don't want to talk to her again?
Speaker 1: Or is it because she rides the bus and you don't like that?
Speaker 2: Because that's it's a popular opinion on this show that bus people are not worthy of love.
Speaker 1: Not popular.
Speaker 5: But one person is that I ride the bus to work. I think it's totally fine. I don't really understand what.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing. Yeah, last, we'll check that one off of the list. It's not that. So what is it.
Speaker 2: What's the reason that you have this total shift in attitude towards Tricia?
Speaker 3: I mean, we heard something about your cat.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if anybody really believes that your cat rubbing up against the couch is going to stop you from giving it away.
Speaker 3: See, I think it's because she asked for help in moving the couch. Is that why?
Speaker 5: No, it's not bad, all right, listen, if it'll end this quicker, I'm just gonna I'm gonna let you know, but it's some people might think it's weird, but this is the truth.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So the a state where I've been living for the last couple of months is actually my grandma is the state. She passed away just a few months ago. So I've been picking hare things there. Yeah, that's hard, that's okay, I thank you. I appreciate that. Anyway, the cat was my grandma's and I'm taking care of the cat as well. Yeah, and I don't know. As soon as Tricia comes to get the couch, this cat, who has never ever, i mean not once jumped on this couch, went right up to it. It's like the cat saw Tricia and tried to intervene. I think, I mean, I know, I know deep inside that that is my grandma. That is a sign that she is speaking through this cat, and it was a sign to not give this couch away and to not see this woman anymore. I don't know what reason the line when you know, you know, and something just told me, this is my grandma telling me to watch out.
Speaker 3: Was your grandma always pretty judging about the people you would with?
Speaker 5: Honestly, she just wanted to make sure I was happy, and I think I trusted her opinion, So I'm going to keep trusting it in the afterlife.
Speaker 2: Weird question back to you, is your grandma the cat or is your grandma.
Speaker 3: She's speaking through the cat? You know that that actually makes sense to me? Is that weird?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean I don't know the logistics of the supernatural here. All I know is the feeling I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, just nobody gets the couch, not just Tricia. I think it was just Tricia.
Speaker 2: I mean, I believe in signs, and I'm just reading the signs that Tricia has been on the other line listening this entire time and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like I've been set up here. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Don't be? Don't I mean, you can be if you need to be, but.
Speaker 1: Like, don't tell men how to.
Speaker 3: Feel She's not trying to like upset you. She didn't know. She didn't know that that was what was going on, right, Tricia.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. That is so weird, Like you really think that your grandma sent you a sign through your cat that we shouldn't go out anymore. And this makes me feel like you might have some mental problems. To be honest, that is so d That.
Speaker 3: Is so rude.
Speaker 1: He said, Hey, this is gonna sound weird. He knows it doesn't feel right.
Speaker 6: Everybody experiences grief and everything else in different ways, and this is the way he feels like his grandma's talking to him now. I do think maybe the argument could be that what if the cat was saying, yes, I'm excited about this, instead of like maybe you were interpreting the cat rock you wanted to hang out with her with the cound.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be Honestly, does that sound like a possibility.
Speaker 5: Dave, After this conversation, I'm more convinced than ever that the way I interpreted it was correct. My grandma just helped me dodge a bullet, So thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm going to trust my instrength, you know what, Dave? Like forget even you because at this point, obviously we're not a romantic match. And I'm fine with.
Speaker 7: That obviously, what I mean, but like the fact that can I just like have Could we just do the couch exchange because I'll give you two hundred dollars for it, I'll have the couch.
Speaker 4: I still want the couch.
Speaker 1: Something can be salvaged from this convery.
Speaker 3: He's going to give you his grandmother's couch, like it's just three hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Car that couch to the dump and give it to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't put your grandma's couch and the dumb brother.
Speaker 4: It's seriously a little dramatic.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Tricia. Yeah, you're getting to know.
Speaker 2: You're getting to know from Dave, from Dave's cat and from Dave's grandma.
Speaker 4: So thank you Dave's cat, because now I feel like I dodged a bullet on top of.
Speaker 1: It, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, Dave, Okay, so you know you don't have to go out or see Tricia again. But I know your cat's not here on the line with us. But do you think you can ask it if your grandma thinks I'm a good person, because I.
Speaker 1: Would really like to have that couch. It sounds really nice.
Speaker 4: No, sorry, but I'm getting that couch. I'm offering more money than you. You are not going to sounds like you've.
Speaker 2: Been cut out of the equation. So somebody should get that couch. I think it should be me, Dave, they give.
Speaker 5: It to the cat, we'll go ahead and try dot com and let them leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Into a second couch updates Froaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: That was just another one of those second date updates that all of a sudden it goes off the rails and there's no way to fix it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's just sil man.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, she was me. I mean, gosh, if you don't believe that your grandma, can you know, show you signs? Fine, whatever, but you don't need to be so mean. Somebody else who believes.
Speaker 1: It overly aggressive.
Speaker 2: And it's really not fair of her to discredit the cat signs because she was the one that told us she followed the signs when her bus broke down, that she was supposed to hang out with them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Maybe. I mean, I don't know that I was fully listening when she said that.
Speaker 2: Just selective sign reading and selective listening apparent in this room.
Speaker 3: I think she just match you didn't get the couch. That's honestly what she's really upset about.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you if she googled it into like on wafer or something, it's like a thousand dollars couch. I don't want to run into her inside of home Goods. But remember, if you ever want to get a second date update, you can email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 3: Broken Jeffrey in the morning,