Speaker 1: We love that you found the podcast. Is Brook and Jeffrey the home of the second Date Update? And leave it in the comments, where did you find us?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a viral TikTok or you.
Speaker 3: Can invite it onto the show. How this guy get in here?
Speaker 1: I just looked over at me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know me, let us know what brought you here.
Speaker 1: We love to hear it. And we got a great second date update right now to start your Saturday. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update. Whenever you ask people what's your idea of the perfect first date, by far, the most cliche answer is a long romantic walk along the beach at sunset. That's what everybody says, but who actually does that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, especially on a first date.
Speaker 3: The closest thing we get normally is a long stumbly walk home from a dive bar am. That's like, and the closest body of water is the putt of urine outside your apartment that you created. Yeah, but one of our listeners, believe it or not, actually did the cliche thing and did a date at the beach walk on the beach andrew you in love yet?
Speaker 4: Or what? Was it?
Speaker 3: As perfect as we all imagine it would be.
Speaker 5: Well, it was. I enjoyed it, but it was also kind of weird because it was it was the first date. I think maybe maybe a long walk on the beach.
Speaker 3: You could have just said no, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's interesting, like a beach date can get pretty intimate, right, like you're rubbing suntan lotion on each other, you're wearing you're wearing bathing suitswhere.
Speaker 3: No, hope, we're back to the ideal version. The real version is going to look a lot different. But Andrew tell us how it went. Who did you go there with?
Speaker 5: Well? I went there with this girl, Tabitha. We met through a friend of a friend on Facebook and we sort of started talking, and you know, she seemed very nice and attractive. She had tattoos, and she was outdoorsy, which is what kind of you know. I saw pictures of her hiking and other things. I figured she would like the beach.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the beach was your idea? Was it like a day at the beach type of thing?
Speaker 5: It was an evening walk?
Speaker 1: Oh okay?
Speaker 3: It really was the most cliche you could possibly How long was the walk? We say a long walk? I mean are we talking like a two three hour event.
Speaker 1: Are you tired, Jose if it's over.
Speaker 3: One hundred feet?
Speaker 5: There was no blisters for him.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, yeah, did you like pack a picnic?
Speaker 5: Well it was it was really just it was a walk and we were We did end up building a fire, so there was stuff to do that committed a crime.
Speaker 1: It was in the legal area, like one of the.
Speaker 3: Places that allows you to build a fire. Like, what was it? What was it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Tell us Andrew, We're just guessing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, we we went up and the thing was on the whole walk. She was very quiet, so I ended up doing all the talking and I would make jokes and she wouldn't even laugh.
Speaker 1: I can Is she just like a more reserved person? Do you think, I mean, since she's a friend of a friend.
Speaker 5: Well that's the thing, Like, you know, we built fire and we're sitting there. I didn't see any of the signals and then out of blue she kisses me.
Speaker 3: WHOA whoa doing something right?
Speaker 1: She's a wild card man.
Speaker 5: When it happened, I was like, okay, and that was real fun and enjoyable that that moment. But then all of a sudden, all these bats started flying above our heads, and she starts freaking out because she doesn't know anything about bats, and I'm kind of a bat nerd, and so she starts waving her hands and flailing her heads trying to get the bats way. I was like, don't worry. These are Eastern red bats because I could tell by the sounds that they were making.
Speaker 3: Wow, you really know you didn't just make that up them.
Speaker 5: I'm a batman and I, oh wow, she didn't laugh at that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just going to hear just more turned on by that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want the bats or eating the mosquitos that are all around you? Like keeping there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. Bats are way better than mosquitos. And wanted her to stop waving her hands about because provoked they could attack. But if they're not provoked, I'll just keep on being normal bats.
Speaker 1: So wow, did she listen to you or did she continue?
Speaker 5: She did calm down. I played her some sounds of bats that had pre recorded on my phone.
Speaker 1: This is where I think we're finding.
Speaker 3: Out why she's not calling you.
Speaker 5: Well, as we were walking back to the car, I knew I thought that that might be the case, so I stopped talking about baths, but I again, she wasn't contributing anything, so I ended up slipping into this conversation about wolves. And I'm not sure if that was the right choice. I mean, it's the things that I'm interested in, and I knew she was out doorsy, and I.
Speaker 3: Mean they say don't hide your passions on a first day. I also think they don't say, like, say all of your passions all at once to break the silence on a first but it could be wrong. How did this end? How did the night end?
Speaker 5: I mean the night and did fine? I guess, I mean we survived the night.
Speaker 1: Did you have another kiss?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a There was a small kiss, but it was inappropriate goodbye kiss.
Speaker 3: Okay, nothing like a big makeout session.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering, like, it sounds like you were uncomfortable with her silence. Did you ever ask her any questions other than yes or no questions?
Speaker 5: You know? Yeah? Absolutely, I wasn't trying to do all the talking. It just it was. It was certainly weird because I did want to get to know her, and I don't feel like I got to know her. It's other than she wanted to kiss me for a moment, which was cool, but weird that the.
Speaker 1: One positive sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because that's what I was trying to figure out, Like, why do you want this date?
Speaker 5: If?
Speaker 3: If there were so many things that went wrong and things that you know, you guys were barely even talking.
Speaker 5: Right, Maybe maybe it's more bid curiosity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or maybe it's just that she's hot and it was a really good kiss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe you know, maybe she's more comfortable with kissing than talking, but maybe she would get more comfortable with talking as we go. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, dude, then keep her. There's maybe we should just call her and see what she has to say about it. Or she doesn't talked to us, Jeff, then maybe this we.
Speaker 5: Need to kiss her.
Speaker 3: You need to kiss her on the phone.
Speaker 5: Jeff.
Speaker 1: No, let's not do that.
Speaker 3: We'll just call her and see what happens. But first we got to play a song. We'll come back at your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, but you better not kiss my woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't think we could. Probably here we go second date update. Maybe I'm jumping too far ahead here, Yeah you are, But Andrew down the road when you and Tabitha get married, instead of releasing doves at the wedding, you should release a cage of bats. And maybe before that. The biggest challenge is going to be getting her to actually say I do, because she hardly even speaks. And if you're just joining us, probably none of this is making any sense to you. But I say she wasn't talking a lot because she was super quiet during their date. And I bring up bats because Andrew's a bat offficionado and knows all about bats and their histories and their diets. And there were bats there flying above them while they made out on the beach together. And apparently the Eastern red bat only attacks when provoked. That's what we learned from Andrew.
Speaker 1: I feel like I need to look up that fact.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I just believe.
Speaker 1: I trust, of course you do.
Speaker 3: We've heard stranger things happen on this show. But I'm just praying that Andrew didn't set up the bat attack. To look, he's probably a bat whisperer. Can you confirm that you didn't set up the attack? Andrew?
Speaker 5: I can confirm that I had nothing to do with releasing bats around my date, like I could orchestrate something like that. I don't think i'd be single.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was a plan to run into bats on the beach.
Speaker 1: Then, Andrew, I'm just wondering, what are you like looking for out of this? What do you want?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I just want to know what I did or what happened, Like I just I mean, another date would be nice, but I want to know so I can adjust for future follies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it makes sense a lot of mixed signals from her.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: All right, well let's call and try and figure that out for you. We're going to die the number right now here we go. Hello, Hey is this Tabitha?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is this?
Speaker 3: Oh you don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: My name is jeff and I'm from a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hi.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're all here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, okay, Hi. I've heard you guys before. But why are you calling me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you. Well, we're calling you at the request of one of our listens, nurse Andrew, who you went out with the other night.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm guessing Andrew put you up to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it's a good thing. Like he seemed to really like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he did like me.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I just I really wasn't ready for that date. You know, it was really unexpected how I would feel about Andrew.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Okay, because we heard a little bit about the date and from the sounds of it, you kissed him.
Speaker 2: Oh he gosh, he told you that.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounded like a really romantic setting. I could see why. I mean, you're having a fire on the beach like sounds beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's going overhead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I have an appointment in a little bit, so I don't have a whole lot of time, you know, can can you guys tell me what's going on?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah? So, I mean, just real quick, we're doing something called second Date Update, and we're trying to help Andrew face year out. Why after your romantic beach date, there hasn't been a date number two because he did mention that you were a little bit quiet during the walk along the beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a reason for that? I mean, he didn't do anything wrong, you know, I just I got out of a long term relationship a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Wait, a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy. He we were in love, but he moved out of the country. He had an opportunity to go do something, and you know, it broke my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could be really hard. Are you not over it still even after years?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it was over it until I met Andrew, which we started talking on Facebook through text. I had never heard his voice before.
Speaker 3: Huh, okay, are you saying that Andrew was your very first date since that breakup years ago?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, I've dated a few people here or there. But the thing that really just shocked me about Andrew was walking side by side with him on the beach hearing his voice. He sounds exactly, I mean, identical to my ex.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that makes sense. So you're just like living in this past relationship while you're hanging out with Andrew. That's gotta be so hard or awesome.
Speaker 3: I wish I could relive my I mean, that is super weird.
Speaker 2: It was weird. Like at one point he tried to hold my hand and I was like looking out at the water and all I could think about was my ex and like all the good times they had together. Oh no, up until the bad attack. That was I kind of like brought me back to reality for a moment, but I was starting to tear up because I, yeah, the one that got away. I feel like that's who I was walking on the beach with.
Speaker 1: Totally. And it's not like if you were like doing maybe an activity, you wouldn't have as much reflection opportunity. Oh god, totally.
Speaker 2: You know, even if we were at a restaurant and sitting across the table from each other, I could see him, I would obviously know that that's not my ex, but walk inside by side on the beach with him, it just brought back all these memories.
Speaker 3: Like oh he kept talking, yeah, right, because.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what's telling me about all these weird animals he was obsessed with. Like, I'm glad he has passions and everything, but I just don't know how to get over the fact that he sounds just like my ex.
Speaker 1: Oh girl, I feel for you, I do, and it's nothing he can do anything about unless he can use different voices. Maybe he could talk it like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe impressions like a celebrity.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, let's find out if he can, because I need to tell you, Andrew's been on the other line listening this entire time and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm Andrew. I'm so sorry I ruined our date.
Speaker 5: Oh I know, I'm I didn't. I had no idea what was going on. Not that I'm happy that that's what it was, but I'm happy that that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Is it okay to listen to him? I mean, this is kind of a bad venue for you since it's just voice right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it sounds like I'm talking to him on the phone like it's it's so weird.
Speaker 3: Are we sure that it's not your ex?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Is there anything that he needed to apologize for that you'd like to hear?
Speaker 2: Why did he leave me?
Speaker 1: Maybe Andrew is a better version of your ex? You know, maybe don't compare them? How could you not?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is such an awkward situation, Like Brooke, what would you do?
Speaker 1: My husband's best friend sounds just like him. It's so weird. When I first met them, I was like, it creeped me out. But now that I know them both more, that isn't actually the case.
Speaker 3: Would say yes to pretty much anybody, So alexis, what about let's get someone that might say no?
Speaker 1: It depends how you ended with your ex. Alexis is always hung up on her ex. Yeah, so I probably like the voice. Yeah, she's like close my eyes. I don't want to look at you.
Speaker 3: I mean, Tabitha, where where is your head at right now?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I just don't know how I can be Andrew and be thinking about my ex. Like what if I accidentally called him the wrong name one day? Like how would that make him feel?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't want to put him in a situation where he's just the other guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that must be hard to hear, Andrew.
Speaker 5: No, I it's it's hard, But I understand where you're coming from, Tabitha. I feel for your situation, and I'm you know, even right now, I'm kind of very self conscious of what I I don't know, like I would. I don't know that I could handle that.
Speaker 1: Oh he's a good guy too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is the right time to ask, Tabitha, would you want to go out with Andrew one more time? We paid for it.
Speaker 1: I I wish you both could get past this, because it seems like you could be a really good couple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we could sip on some helium balloons.
Speaker 1: What if you just did a date where you made sure his face was always in your view.
Speaker 2: You know, I might be down to go to like one of those silent raids where we just listened to our headphones and yeah, those are fun.
Speaker 3: Is something where Andrew doesn't talk at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we could try it, but I don't think it's something that would work long term based on you know what Tabitha is saying. So I I you know, I don't want to ask. I was really just curious about why, and I guess selfishly that it wasn't something that I did.
Speaker 5: It was just who I am.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes it feel better.
Speaker 5: It's not something.
Speaker 1: We're joking and we get it.
Speaker 3: We get it.
Speaker 5: I just have one question for you, Tabitha. Did you kiss me because you wanted to kiss me? Or was it like you were kissing your act?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great question.
Speaker 5: Do you want to know the answer? I want to know why.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I just wanted to know if it was the same or if different.
Speaker 1: And what's the verdict?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was definitely a lot wetter than I remember.
Speaker 3: Is weather better? I don't know if it really is.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning