Speaker 1: Hey, discos, need a little more disgrace Land in your life, just to touch, to get you through. Yeah, me too. This is the podcast that comes after the podcast. Welcome to Disgraceland, the after party. Welcome to the Disgraceland bonus episode, a little thing we like to call the after party. This is the show after the show, people, the party after the party. The bridge to get you from one full episode of disgrace Land to the other. The backyard, to dig into the dirt, our mission to uncover the truth, to confront the myth, to reclaim the story. Of this bonus episode, Weezer's so called blue album The Glorious Year for Music That nineteen ninety four was a bunch of stuff about pulp fiction that you probably didn't know. Plus your voicemails, texts, emails, comments, dms, and as always, a whole lot of rosie. This is podcast for the musically obsessed, the outsiders, the independent thinkers who know that the best history is the history that gets buried. Disgrace Land is where I tell the stories they didn't want told, the kind that you'll end up telling to someone else. All right, disc goes, Let's get into it. What's with these homies this and my Girl. Why do they get a front? Or is it? Why do they have to front? Did he use proper English there? I don't know. We laughed at that Weezer lyric now, and I guess we kind of laughed at it back in nineteen ninety four when it was released, when it smacked us in the face as the opening line from the band's Buddy Holly single. I didn't take Weezer seriously at the time. I took them and the Blue album. I took the band and the album for granted, I really did. And it wasn't until their follow up in nineteen ninety six, until Pinkerton, that I started to think of Weezer as a real band, at least a band that I was interested in. And the irony is that that was kind of the point of Pinkerton, Rivers Cuomo. He wanted to be thought of as a real artist, somebody akin to Kurt Cobain, and when he made Pinkerton, that helped him achieve that goal. But he ended up distancing himself from that album. There's the irony. He dismissed it for a bunch of different reasons, but it was a commercial flop, and it was a huge departure from the Blue Album. But that Blue Album was the album that caused us in the first place to not take him seriously, which is the thing that he was trying to correct with Pinkerton. I don't know, it's all very confusing. He's since come around on Pinkerton sort of. There's a bunch of conflicting comments out there, but I believe deep down Rivers Cuomo knows what a great album that is. But for me, Weezer never really recovered after that, and being from Boston, being part of the rock scene back then, we had a direct connection to Weezer all of a sudden because of bass player Mikey Welch, who was well known around town, and he became the bass player for Weezer after Pinkerton. But you know, the stuff they released afterward, I don't know. It just it. I don't dislike Weezer, but I'm not running to listen to their albums unless it's Pinkerton or even the Blue Album. The Blue Album is the album in my house that my kids and my wife love, and I lose the Pinkerton argument every time. But that's not really the point. I want to make. The point I want to make is that nowadays it's weird to think that we had the luxury of dismissing an album as great as the Blue Album. Back in nineteen ninety four, we did not know how good we had it when it came to music, when it came to culture in general, but especially when it came to music in nineteen ninety four. Nineteen ninety four was a banger of a year for music releases, but so it was basically every year during the nineties, but ninety four in particular ninety one as well, but really ninety four, it's just it's unbelievable. Check these records out. These were full lengths that were released in nineteen ninety four. Definitely Maybe by Oasis, Grace by Jeff Buckley, Dookie by Green Day, Ill Communication by Beastie Boys, Vitology by Pearl Jam, Ready to Die by Notorious Big, super Unknown Soundgarden, Park Life by Blur, Mellow Gold by Beck Bad Religion, Stranger Than Fiction, Roman, Candle by Elliott Smith, Illmatic by Nas, Sick of It All, Scratched the Surface, Nirvana, MTV Unplug, Shellac At Action Park, Tori Amos Came at us under the Pink. I think that's our debut album or a second album. I don't know, but that's the one with Cornflake Girl. I believe Grandly Buffalo, Mighty Joe Moon, great album, not super well known, but great, TLC Crazy, Sexy Cool, Huge Record, Huge hits, nine inch Nails, Downward, Spiralrim Monster, Tom Petty, Wildflowers, Mad Ball, Set It Off, Purple by Stone, Tumble Pilots, The Jesus Lizards rerec Down came out. I think I saw them in ninety four. Lu's just Jackson, Natural Ingredients, Regulate the gfunk Eraby Warren g Sonic Youth, Experimental, jet Set, Trash and No Star Kaias Welcome to Sky Valley. We love that album. That was the precursor to Queens of the Stone Age. Crooked Rain. Crooked Rain by Pavement, Portishead, Dummy Drive Like Jay Hu Yank Crime. If you don't know that album, go check it out. Backbeat came out with an excellent soundtrack with a supergroup. The Crow soundtrack was from nineteen ninety four. A Whole Lived Through This Sunny Day Real Estate Diary, Nick Cave and the Bad Seas Let Love in Wait by Rollins Band. I didn't love all of these albums when they came out. Some I've grown to appreciate over time, but I can confidently say that they were all on my radar and I was into most of them when they were released. In nineteen ninety four, I lived with a bunch of roommates. We were all huge music fans, too many roommates to count, and the shitty little, literally rat infested basement apartment on Huntington Avenue and Bostons. While I was going to Northeastern, we were within walking distance to Newbury Street, so Newbury Comics was there, Tower Records on the corner of Newbury, Mass have And I can attest that nearly every one of these records on CD, every one of these albums on CD at least, was either physically purchased by myself and or my roommates, or was in our radar, you know what I mean. We had access to all of this music in the year that it was released nineteen ninety four. I didn't love all of it, obviously, I wasn't buying TLC albums, but those singles were everywhere, for example, and I didn't hate them, you know what I mean? I didn't hate on THLC. Now I hear those singles and I'm blown away by how great they are. And again, how I just dismissed it. This is crazy to me. And a lot of this stuff, you know, a lot of these artists that I just mentioned, some of the stuff. If I tried playing it in that apartment I'm talking about, I'd get my ass turn up for listening to it. Because music was hotly debated, bands fell in and out of favor with every release, with every video, with basically every move they made. For example, I loved that third Pro Jam record, Vitology, but this is the third Pearl Jam album. The second Pearl Jam album was a monster record, monster, huge, huge. You could just walk around Boston and you would just hear that album playing from windows. It was absolutely massive. So by the time the third record comes out, I mean, we were sick. I was sick of Pearl Jam by ten basically, but I still it was so overplayed that first album. But I still liked the band. My friend's on the other hand, it was way uncool to like Pearl Jam by the third record. It was definitely uncool to like Pearl Jam. They were just you know, a less cool version of Soundgarden, who we thought was beyond cool. They were darker than Pearl Jam, their singer was just as talented, they were heavier. But you know, I didn't love super Unknown, the album that came out in nineteen ninety four, as much as I love Bad motor Finger. I still listen to Bad motor Finger. My neighbors can attest to that. It's one of my favorite driving records. I pull onto my street pretty much once a week with Bad motor Finger blaring from my car windows. Great driving records, one of my favorite driving records. It's interesting for me to think about these albums from the perspective of two of our greatest intellectuals and music scholars from the nineties, Beavis and butt Head. Now their takes on these artists still to this day crack me up. They're exaggerated takes, obviously, but they're they're rooted in fact, and they're exaggerated takes on what my friends that I really thought about these artists, Soundgarden, the Butthole Surfers, Jesus Lizard, Yes Please Yes, as Beavis and butthead We'll tell you over and over again. Now Osbourne duetting with Leeda Ford, not so much. We're Good nineteen ninety four was so good, so good for music. So much went on too, I mean, Kirk Comyine died. Oj Simpson took us on a wild ride and his wife Bronco Nancy Kerrigan, a Northeastern University alum. By the way, she got her knee popped ninety four by Tanya Harding and her Thugs friends appeared for the first time on television. Gave us something to look at on Thursday nights. After Seinfeld, there was a massive earthquake. People don't understand how big this earthquake was. It killed a ton of people, like almost sixty people in southern California. Michael Jordan started playing baseball. Pulp Fiction was released, and so it was its soundtrack, and all of a sudden we all liked cool in the gang. Bill Hicks died. Yes, we were under Bill Hickson. Nineteen ninety four. Bill Hicks died. Jim Carrey was everywhere in ninety four. He had like eight hundred movies that year. Jenny McCarthy, who I don't think yet was with Jim Carrey, but she was on the cover of Playboy ninety four. Reality Bites was a lame version of all of us that we all pretended to hate but we secretly loved. Clerks was a worse version of us that we all pretended to like more than we liked Reality Bites. I guess my point is that there was so much awesomeness going on back in nineteen ninety four, and all of it had the potential to distract me from the awesomeness that was going on on Weezer's blue album Happy Days. Spoofs you know, kind of funny but didn't really rate. And then Pinkerton, like I said, opened my eyes. But it wasn't until a couple of years later. That record was released in ninety six and was radically different, radically different, And even though that was the album that Rivers Cuomo set out to make, and that album in a way did what he wanted it to do, again, he's got so many conflicting comments and thoughts about what I believe to be Weezer's best album, not to mention a bunch of weird comments and actions as well, which you can hear all about in this week's new disgrace Land episode on Wheezer coming up next to Disgraceland coming up in the feed next right after this episode is going to be our archive episode on Aaliyah speaking of the nineties and her illegal marriage to r Kelly and her the mystery around her death. That's coming this Sunday, and then on Tuesday, We've got our new episode on Adele. Adele's album twenty one. It's sold like seventeen billion copies, actually, no seventeen million, but it feels like I just one of the biggest selling albums and I don't own it. I'm not one of those who bought it. I don't dislike Adele, but I'm not running to listen to Adele or to go to her shows. I like her more as a personality. I think she's hot shit, and she's obviously tremendous talented, and honestly, if she put her stuff out in ninety four, I probably own the album, you know, but I don't. I'm one of the few, I guess who doesn't know. And I do have like seven copies of Frampton Comes Alive by Peter Frampton does another one of those records that for its time sold a gazillion copies. Which massive selling album do you guys just not care about? Don't vibe with? Is it thriller? I don't know anything? By the Beatles? Abbey Road, let it be Exile on mainStreet by the Rolling Stones might be my favorite album of all time. You might hate it. It's largely considered to be the Stone's greatest. I don't think it's their their biggest seller. But my point is which top selling albums? Oasis definitely, maybe Nirvana, never mind? Do you just not care about? That's gonna be the question of the week next week as we dive into Adell. It's gonna be a great episode. Adele is fascinated with true crime, and because of that we got a really interesting entry into Adell's story. Can't wait for you to hear it. Six one seven nine six six six three eight, be a call, leave me a voicemail, Hit me up on text with your answer to the question of the week? Which massive selling album? Do you not have any your collection because you know you just don't care? Disgrace Lampod on the Socials. Disgrace Sampod at gmail dot com if you want to email me now. I mentioned pulp fiction earlier and in the exclusive section of this after Party. Uh Doctor Lundy and I are going to take you deeper into nineteen ninety four and discuss some of the weirdness connected to pulp fiction. For example, did you know that Tarantino wrote the Bruce Willis part for Matt Dylon. Okay, I did not know that. There's a lot I didn't know about this movie. And I love this movie. This movie, it was so ubiquitous and it still kind of is in culture and in history that it feels weird to get out there and champion it. You know what I mean. It's like again, I bring up the Beatles, like Champion into the Beatles. You know, they don't need any more champions. It's good, They're good. You know this movie's good. Everyone knows. It's fucking great change the game. But still, there's so much to this movie that I did not know about a lot of weirdness. Zeth and I are gonna be diving into it in the exclusive section of this episode. Go to disgraceandpod dot com to become an all access member of Disgraceland to unlock this exclusive content and add free listening. All right, I'm gonna take a quick break. I'll be back in a flash right after this with your voicemails, texts, emails, dms and more. All right, guys, I'm backing them in the phone, but it's the one across the hall. I'm hanging on the telephone six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. You want to give me a call, I want to send me a text about anything, any subject under the great blue sky. Last week we talked a lot about great punk albums. It was in reaction to Rolling Stones list of the one hundred greatest punk rock albums. We're talking about records that are punk but aren't by punk artists, all that stuff. Steve hits us on this from Toronto.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jake, Steve from Toronto here, just want to comment on your punk albums that are punk but are punk, that are punk.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like.
Speaker 2: I'm cheating with this one. But nineteen eighty eight, it takes a nation of millions to hold us back by public enemy. I don't know if it gets more punk than that, that's not punk, So yeah, that's my I'm throwing that.
Speaker 1: One into the proverbial ring.
Speaker 2: There takes nations of millions to.
Speaker 4: Hold us back by the great public Enemy.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Steve You're absolutely right. Doesn't get much more subversive, doesn't get much more hard hitting than it takes a Nation of millions to hold Us back by Public Enemy. And I actually think that record for me, I believe it's Public Enemy's second album, full length, right second. Yeah, that was my introduction and I was just just kind of catching up with who Public Enemy was by the time. The Fight the Power single came out after that record as part of Do the Right Thing, and I think Fight the Power ended up on their third album, but it was the single in the video, and I remember watching that and just my jaw being on the floor. I could I could not believe what I was seeing. It was exhilarating, it was thrilling. It was a new kind of hip hop. It felt like hip hop, but it felt like history and CNN in Hollywood. It just it was electrifying, just as electrifying as when bands like The Sex Pistols or The Clash hit the scene, and again with the same level of subversiveness. Are we gonna call from Max? Let's see what Max has got to say.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's Max on the sixty one Slash four to ten. So favorite punk not punk record? How about Arthur By The Kinks. Love the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Suji, Thanks Max. You know, I don't really think of the Kinks as punk because they predate it. But I hear what you're saying. I hear, I do. I hear what you're saying. The attitude is fully there. And if the Kinks came about, if they were younger, if they came about later, they would have been part of that whole movement for sure. All right, let's check in with Sarah from the two oh six.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jake, this is Sarah from two oh six. I just wanted to add a little addenda to my previous message regarding the Jed Farh and Daniel Johnson album. Okay, so I'm a lifelong adult entertainer. I used to strip on Bourbon Street in New Orleans right before the Hurricane Katrina. Anyhow, we used to work they shift in this little strip club on Bourbon Street, and when the customers weren't tipping and they were just there to drink, and we would compete with each other to do what we call torture tracks, which were the kind of music that was like not amenable to drinking and that basically was kind of torturous for normal flash drunk dudes to have to listen to while they're also looking at gives and but my go too, uh let me bring this on home. My go to was always Frankenstein Conquers the World by Dad Fair and Daniel Johnson. I just listened to it again and it continues to remain brilliant, jagged rhythm, weird, freaking vocals and kind of an anti science anti you know AI like, but you know, obviously written in the eighties, so completely prescient. Anyhow, that was my torture track. I love your show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Hice.
Speaker 1: All right, Sarah from the two six. First of all, guys, if you if you're going to a strip club, you have to tip. It's the whole point. I mean, so the torture tracks, I get, I've never heard this before, but I love it. I love this. It's like a scene out of a movie. Now to her point, however, about Daniel Johnson, Jad Fair, Jade I always called it Jade Fair, which is probably wrong. Jad Fair is correct. I don't know this album. I don't know it. I'm looking it up right now. Jad Fair co founder the influential lo fi band Half Japanese and cult singer songwriter Daniel Johnston teamed up in the late nineteen eighties for one of indie rock's most legendary collaborations. Their partnership resulted in the nineteen eighty nine album It's Spooky, wildly celebrated for its primitive term, emotional rawness, and childlike sincerity. I want to hear this tracks like I did Acid with Caroline McDonald's on the Brain Torture track compilations. This is a good one. That's a good question. I'm a noodle on this, Sarah. Thanks for your call. All right, let's chick in with Arman in Calgary.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jake, this is Arman from Calgary, Alberta. In regards to your question. With a band that took a complete left turn with an album. I'm a big Depeche Mode fan and was into the synthpop stuff. Their song Faith and Devotion went from full synth pop to full instruments, and it was a complete left turn. Not only was a complete left turn, but it was a successful left turn and hit just as hard as any of the original Depeche Mode stuff. Along with that, shortly afterwards, they went back to what they were known for successfully thirty plus years, forty plus years, still around, still making music, still selling out concerts. That's a track record, and Songs of Faith and Devotion just established a whole different clientele and fan group for them while maintaining the group they had. Thank you, love the show, Have a good night.
Speaker 1: Armin great call man, great, great point about depeche Mode, and I was gonna say it reminds me of Rolling Stones Some Girls, which was at the time seen as their quote unquote disco album. It's not a disco album, but they've got that disco They deploy the disco base, drum thing, doom doom, doom doom, do that thing, that octave thing, and it's it's a fantastic departure from what they were doing before. It's it's great. But unlike depeche Mode, the Stones never really recover from that, recovers the wrong word, They never really come back to what they were before that. Uh, there's not a lot of great Stones records after that. There's Tattoo You, which is basically Some Girls. It's the same thing, same same sessions, I believe, And then I mean Steel Wheels, what are we looking at? Harlem Shuffle? You know what I'm saying they never really get back to that rock, grindy Americana based rock that they amalgamated into something that was wholly their own. I mean they try, but it just never really, they never really do it, not to the effect that the albums before some girls had. But with depeche Mode, you're right, they go right back to what they were doing before, and it's fantastic. I love the Wrong Stones, don't get me wrong, but you gotta admit stuff after nineteen eighties is lacking. Great call, Great call, Armin, appreciate you three one zero on the same subject, texting strange, just deviation of any band I can think of as bad religion. Second studio album, Into the Unknown, it truly was. It was prog rock and organs. Really. The album kicks off with a synth swell. It sounds like it came out of an AT and T commercial. It's so strange, So glad they abandoned that direction. I don't know this album, never even heard of it, never heard of it? What's it called? The Unknown? Into the Unknown? All right? Six one oh rights in the Anthony Boardain rewind gutted me, just like when I heard it the first time, just like when I heard that he died, What a heartbreaking disgrace. I saw him live in eastern Pennsylvania at a talk he did and it was a highlight of my life, especially talking about his love hate relationship with the King, the Colonel and the Crown Mburger King KFC at mcdeez. Thank you for sharing his life and struggles with honesty and compassion, nuance and love instead of gossip and preaching hiss. Kudos to you and the Double Elves team. Keep up the great work and rock and roll from your pal Jonathan in the six to one, Oh Jonathan, thanks brother, appreciate you. Check out that Anthony Bourdain episode in the rewind slot. Guys, if you haven't should be at the top of your feet eight five six right said hello, It's Mark from the A five to six. Beck is pretty punk. Also, Midnight Vultures is an outlier. It's an album that when I showed some friends, they were like, what is wrong with you? Others loved it. Midnight Vultures is very strange, even from an artist that is known to Buck Trend's Yeah, super strange. But I would say Sea Change is even weirder or it was at the time. Midnight Vultures who were kind of like, eh, yeah, I get it. He's doing the disco thing. Sea Change is like, wait, he's Gordon Lightfoot. Now what the fuck just happened? Kel from the seven eight one writes in Jake, I got another Randy Road story. Come on spill it. I won't tell your kids. Thank you. I can't go there. I can't go there. Maybe someday, just uh, they gotta be older. Six one, seven nine oh six six six three eight. You want to hit me up on voicemail or text, I'll be back in a flash with your emails and a very important update. All right, Royal Tenenbaum's phenomenal, phenomenal movie, great movie soundtrack. Zeth and I are taking it all down this week, and this film should be played loud. You're not gonna want to miss this episode. I think this is our sixth or seventh episode of this film should be played loud. Our monthly conversation video conversation. I might add on great music from great films. Go to Disgrace sampod dot com. Come an all access member so you can access this great exclusive content. If I do say so myself, Matt, give the people a little taste of what we were cooking up in this film should be played loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I always had heard that Gene Hackman didn't like get this movie and like didn't get Wes Anderson and had a really tough time on set. But I saw an interview this past week when we were doing research for this where Wes is talking about shooting with Gene Hackman, and he didn't really talk about it that way. He just talked about it more as like Gene Hackman is an actor who likes to be left alone, like and he likes you to like, he doesn't like to know that you're like standing there watching him. He wants you to like be over there somewhere out of the way. And so it's sounded like it's I think maybe this this story about him being ill tempered on set was maybe apocryphal or something, you know.
Speaker 1: I could also see Wes Anderson just being a professional and respective of the great artists of all time correct and seeing it, really seeing it through his eyes and understanding exactly what the guy needs. And Wes Anderson, being the season professional that he is, is not like he's not taking it like, oh, what a fucking egomaniac dickhead, you know what, total but him not. But Alex Baldwin doing the vo begs the question why didn't Gene Hackman do the vo?
Speaker 6: Because I think it it it feels more like a book to me. It feels like the whole film is set up like there's all these.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they have his books, Yeah, yeah, of course, And it just.
Speaker 6: Feels like it's like a narrator of a book. It's like the omniscient narrator who's telling the story.
Speaker 1: But doesn't your brain tell you it's coming from Gene Hackman's perspective, not his perspective, but that it's Gene, the Gene Hackman character narrating it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess because the narrator is very biased.
Speaker 1: And if you're a Wes Anderson, wouldn't you go because it does sound like Gene Hackman. Wouldn't you go like this is too g if you really wanted it to be this omniscient kind of narrator voice, it's separate from the whole thing. If you're Wes Anderson, wouldn't you go like this is too much like Gene Hackman?
Speaker 6: Perhaps, Yeah, but it.
Speaker 1: Does sound like Gene Hackman. So that makes me feel like Wes Anderson just didn't want to fuck with Gene Hackman anymore, and he's like, now I'm gonna narrate this thing. Give me the next best thing, and that's Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 6: Could be Yeah, could be?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, that's the new episode of this film should be played loud. Go to Disgrace sampod dot com to become an all access member to unlock this exclusive content, plus ad free content and a whole lot more. Matt, Since I have you here, I think it's high time we get We're coming to the end of the month. May Madness is winding down and the people are curious what is going on whether May Madness sitcom theme music Palooza that we've been following for the past three weeks. Give us an update, will you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jake, we are down to the final four in our May Madness Sitcom theme Tournament. Voting in this semifinal round will end tonight at eleven to fifty nine pm, so there's still time to get in a vote if you haven't yet. But I've got a little halftime update here for you. In our first matchup, we've got the Jeffersons with the early lead over the Surprising Adams Family thirty five to twenty five. In our other matchup, two great theme songs going up against each other, the Golden Girls and Welcome Back Cotter currently caught Her and the sweat Hogs are ahead thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight to twenty two.
Speaker 7: Again, there's still time to vote to make your voice heard to get your favorite sitcom theme into the final. Voting closes tonight at eleven fifty nine pm.
Speaker 1: Well, there you have it. Thank you, Matt, appreciate you. Appreciate the stellar analysis and for keeping people informed. If you guys want to influence our bracket play, you know where to do it. Head over to Patreon. You can get there by going to disgrace sampod dot com and you can make your voice be heard. You don't have to become a paid member, all right. Of course, you can become a paid member and we will greatly appreciate it. We got a lot going on over here. We got this film should be played loud. We got our sitcom music Bracket of Palooza, Disgraceland hollywood Land. Subscribe to hollywood Land, by the way on the iHeart podcast at wherever you get your podcasts and we get this ongoing conversation. This just forever happening phone, voicemail, text, and email. Speaking of which, we got a very thoughtful email from Tom Powell, who writes in, Hey Tom, from the five four to one. Here, I have some thoughts on this list. Tom's talking about the Rolling Stone Top one hundred punk Albums list that we discussed last week. Tom goes on to say, first, on the question of what is punk, I ultimately don't care. It's either good rock and roll or not. But here's how I like to think of it. The real punk was a brief period in nineteen seventy six in nineteen seventy seven, centered in London, New York, and Los Angeles. It was carried on after that by hardcore in the United States and OI crust Anarco in the UK. Everything else before is proto punk, everything else after is post punk. Works for my linear brain, I can get with this. As for the list, the way I look at these lists is to completely disregard the rankings and just think of it as here's one hundred great punk and punk related albums to here. The rankings are just splitting Harris, you know, he's got a real good point, Tom. Overall, Tom says, it's a good list. I was very pleased to see bands like Naked Raygun, Soul Glow, the Mecons, The Mecons. I can never get that right. I played it that band back in the day too, and Team Dresh on the list. On the other hand, where are the Saints? That's a good point, and squirrel Bait in the undertones? Damn, there's no undertones on that list. But it's Rolling Stone, so what were we expecting? Love the show piece, Tom, Thanks Tom, that's a great the great way of looking at it. And great email. He's spelled out everything perfectly. This one comes from Laura Cobb. Hey there, my name is Laura Cobb, and yes, as the email reads, I am forty two. I was listening to an episode several weeks ago. I never listened in order, but I'm a longtime listener. Anyways, at the end of the episode, you asked listeners to contact the podcast about a musical artist who had a big impact on your life. Please do, Tory Amos. I have a condensed explanation scripted out as a voicemail, but I can't find the episode that you ask for the feedback and list a phone number for the voicemail. Well, the phone number is always six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. Anyways, again it's Laura. Like the salad Cobb and I can be reached. Oh, she gives me her number there and gratitude Laura. Also like the baseball guy Cobb in Florida. Laura, I would love to get into a torri Amos episode just because I'm fascinated by torri Amos and I don't know I know a lot about her. However, I need some sort of crime angle. So if you got anything, hit me back and again the number six one seven nine oh six six' six three. Eight AS i mentioned, Before zeth AND i are gonna get into pulp. Fiction we're gonna get into some pulp fiction. History we're gonna get into some pulp fiction. Weirdness we're gonna get into some pulp fiction facts that you did not. Know and that's all coming up in the exclusive section of this. Podcast all, Right i'll be back after this. Break all, right, guys we mentioned so many artists that have been featured previously In disgracesan in this, episode and we were talking about nineteen ninety, Four, Nirvana, soundgarden The Notorious Big matt's gonna pull a couple of those. Episodes grab the episode information for you and throw in the show notes so you can easily access those. Stories and if you're interested in anything, else you might. Ask you might be new to the. Show you might be, THINKING i don't know what these guys have done in the. Past there's a lot of episodes in the. Archive just email, me all. Right let me know if you get a question about a certain artist wondering if we cover them or. Not chances are we either have or we're planning on. It six one, seven nine oh six six six three. Eight let's recap BECAUSE i got to get out of. Here number one this, week our new episode On wheezer is available for you to listen to right. Now number, two our rewind episode coming up this weekend On aliyah will be available for. You number Three Adele. Hits that's our next new episode that's coming next. Week number Four zeth gives you Those hollywood and crime vibes in The Hollywood land, podcast so make sure you are. Subscribed and what. Else number Five this film should be played. Loud Our Royal tenenbaum's. Episode that video is available for you to watch right. Now go To disgray sampod dot com to sign out number six six one seven nine oh six six six three. Eight your voice keeps us digging into the dark corners of music. History so keep, calling keep, texting giving us your answers to this week's question of the, week and, more whatever else you guys want to talk. About number. Seven do not forget thiss. Goes this isn't just. Content it's a, community a community the, obsessed and no one cares about, music, books, records and the crime and crime that ties them all together like you. Do and well that's a, disgrace all. Right Weezer's blue. Album it was released On may, tenth nineteen ninety. Four and here's What america was listening to on that, day according to The Billboard. Charts number ONE I swear all For one last week one peak position one weeks on chart twenty. One number, Two the Sign ace Of base last week one peap position one weeks on Chart we were twenty. Nine number Three I'll remember from With Honors donna last week four peak position well three number weeks on. Chart number, Four The Most Beautiful girl in The. World prince last week three peap, position three weeks on, chart number, twelve number. Five bump and grind are killing last about five give position for one, Weeks quit talking and start. Mixing cult it