Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Stanteveeck along with Christina Raffini. We're joined by Bloomberg Television, Market sportspondent Nora and Melinda. For some stocks on the.
Speaker 4: Move, Hey, no happy Friday. I'm looking at the best performing stock in the S and P five hundred that belongs to Dell. This stock is up more than thirty percent so far today. We're seeing the outlook for its annual sales far surpassing estimates. So they're essentially seeing a lot of demand for servers that power AI work. So when you think about that aiplay, everyone's looking for a way to diversify their portfolio. Whatever company can kind of integrate and utilize artificial intelligence. Of course, you're going to see some strong gains here as we think about that more broadly. They so they expect one hundred and sixty seven billion dollars in revenue. Analysts we're expecting on in a forty two billion so far beating estimates, blowing it out of the water. You're seeing a stock being rewarded. Today. The stock is up about two and thirty percent roughly so far this year.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: You say, dude got to get all.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, you're getting a dolt nice a few Dell was struggling a few years ago, and I remember that. I wrote this story years ago, like more than ten years ago.
Speaker 4: And you remember it.
Speaker 3: I remember it, yeah, I mean you always remember the stories you write. I don't always remember what I say. But he he was on this like ad campaign, this guy who the dude, you're getting a Dell guy, and he was trying to get Dell to bring him back to sell. Wait, I remember that more than a decade ago. I mean, the company today is a completely different company than it was then. But it's just funny because if you are of a certain age, that's what you remember from I remember this company competed with Gateway back in the day. Gateway is no longer around the seventh wealthiest person in the world now as a result of what he's done over at Dell. Okay, we had a great chat with Wujinhau earlier from Bloomberg Intelligence. Check it out on our podcast feed about the Dell results. What else are you watching?
Speaker 4: Also, he had shares of Gap. So the stock is down today, on track for its worst day and nearly a year. We did have the CEO on Bloomberg Television earlier. Today we're seeing sharers of the company plunging after the company lowered its sales outlook. Essentially this is due to the struggles with its product mix. So we do see some strength when it comes to Gap the brand, but Athleta not doing too hot. Banana Republic, Old Navy all three of those brands missing analyst estimates. I don't know if you guys shop at any of these names, but seems as though Gap is the one that's performing pretty well in terms of brand recognition progress the other three.
Speaker 1: Kind of this is really ironic because for a while it was those brands were lagging and Old Navy was the flagship. Lay was where they were constantly doing.
Speaker 3: We addressed my son in all Old Navy.
Speaker 1: Down. It was affordable, it was had a very strong, like loyal family vibe. And they've reinvested. I know they've got new creative directors. It's some of those other brands, including Gap, which now currently is doing better and it's old Navy which is lagging behind.
Speaker 4: Right, very interesting, especially when you think about people's brand loyalty more broadly.
Speaker 3: All right, what about Ford last one?
Speaker 4: So Ford ticker F making it pretty simple, They're set for its best monthly gain in seventeen years. This is the name that I'm like, wow on a tear up thirty five percent a year to date, but clearly the monthly scope looking pretty impressive. This essentially is as the company people see the companies a potential beneficiary of the AI boom. So AI is still in discussion just about which companies are benefiting from it, and of course the AI iscared that we still have as a cloud more broadly, but this really is sparking investor enthusiasm. So you're seeing Ford shares up on the day.
Speaker 3: Who would think board AI plan?
Speaker 2: Right? This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.