Speaker 1: The nephew is here with today's prank phone call. Happy Juneteenth, nephew? What you got?
Speaker 2: Happy June teen? Shirreley, You know I'm in the df W. You got to show here tonight. You know I'm doing getting ready to do the walk a little lady. This morning was when Miss Opra Lee's annual June team walks.
Speaker 1: So you know I'm in the df W, and you know what better prank to drop?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, what better prank to play here? Dallas for the work Texas?
Speaker 2: Then the one and only Jasmine Crockett come on today?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Why why not today? This is a wonderful decision. This is I'm in the df W. This is where Jasmine you know, uh does her thing? Yes, yes, this is her spot, this is her stomping ground. Why not play the Jasmine Crocket prank phone call?
Speaker 1: Don't that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know her. I don't have to put represented. I respect her. You were friends, I can say Jasmin's were friends. You know. After I prank people, we become friends, y'all. Is that how that works? That's how that works? Okay.
Speaker 2: I prank some of the best, all right, and we've become very close friends. So Jasmine, this one's for you right here on June team.
Speaker 1: Oh no, tell me, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, don't do it. Why would I not cross the line? No, no, wow, we stepping.
Speaker 1: Way beyond, Jasmine. If you listen, I love you.
Speaker 2: Here you go, girl, Jasmine Crockett getting prank by the nephew.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Jasmine, Jasmin Crockett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who is this?
Speaker 2: This is Terrs. This is Charrs. I'm president over here at OBB, out of the Dallas chapter is.
Speaker 3: What is OBB? How did you get my number?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got your number from Benjamin Crump. He gave me your number. And OBB is our Black Businesses. I've met you before. Then you work at lee Merrit's all for for a while.
Speaker 3: That yeah, we worked together for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I was actually working at Least, but I think you had just gotten there when I was leaving. But I wanted to give you a call because here at OBB we got a bit of a problem. Now. We were about to get an award from the Dallas Morning News. We was about to get up.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well no we didn't get it, So We was about to get a Benchmark Business Award, which which came with a two million dollar grant, but we could help a whole lot of black businesses. Now the problem is we was denied that, and they're saying they've denied us from some some stupid that you said on TV. So they saying that we got denied of a benchmark business award. They supposed to give us two million dollars. Was gonna help a lot of business with this, but that you said on TV, and now they hesitant on giving black organizations any kind of front.
Speaker 3: What we ain't nothing that I said. It's probably something that Trump then said, it ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, we need you not to say nothing for the next four years because this gets created.
Speaker 1: A big problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. Okay, I'm gonna have to direct you to my staff. I only continued this conversation because you said that you knew Benjamin Crump, and Crump is like a big brother of mine. So if he gave you my number, he does not do that lightly. So I'm not really sure what's going on.
Speaker 2: A friend of mine. The problem is that that you're saying, there is the problem that I got, and I'm trying to get you to be quiet. For you, some of these Republicans are good white folks. You know what I'm saying, Oh, oh, we'll name them for me. I mean, I don't help them.
Speaker 3: But nevertheless, but nevertheless, I don't know how you got my number. And I'm gonna have to have a conversation with Ben because we have never had this type of situation. And I am sorry that you felt like I had something to do with you losing your award. Listen, I want all my black businesses to survive and thrive. So if there's anything that we.
Speaker 2: Can what are you doing and what are you doing? What are you doing for black business? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am listen, I do a ton. If you are familiar with the leadership under Pete Budages with the Department of Transportation, the things that we did was we tried to insulate black businesses from an incoming an incoming crazy regime like the one that we've had to make sure that they could still get those contracts to be able to go out and work on these big infrastructure projects and things like that. And I honestly have a great relationship with the black businesses in my community. I'm surprised that I've never met you. I worked with the Black Chamber of Business and we always do events together and I would love to bring you in your organization after the fall. But this I gotta go. But I you can call my office and my staff can help you.
Speaker 2: So you got now, you ain't got time for black people. You ain't got time to talk to me. Now, now you've got to go. You got to run.
Speaker 3: I always ask something, but but this is getting a little bit more hostile then I typically to deal with. Because if you've seen me, I know how to pop off, and I don't want to pop off because I understand your frustration. You're talking about losing two million dollars, so I get it. I would rather be productive and figure out how we can get that money back for you. I know people at Dallas Morning News and so hopefully I can assist you with that. But I can assure you that that money doesn't have anything to do with me. And anything that I've said, they saying this.
Speaker 2: Is they saying, this is behads. You definitely said you're saying on TV. And this is the reason why this is the reason why they're holding back on giving us the grant, my form, my organization. Okay, And I'm sure this problemly started when you got on there with that white lady with that bleach blonde, bad beach body. When you did that, that's probably what created the problem enough.
Speaker 3: I don't think, so you know, honestly, that was a white woman at work that disrespected me, and I got nothing beloved when I bleach blind, bad built, bush body. So if it offended you, I don't know, if you blond or bleacher or a bad built I don't know, but I will say that a lot of people were happy that I stood up to a bully, and the same way you and your organization are being bullied out of y'all's money. I am going to absolutely make sure that I fight those bullies back on your behalf. So you should just take from that moment and recognize that I cannot be pushed around by anybody.
Speaker 2: You messed up all our money, and you're trying now, you're trying to figure out why I'm upset about it. Yeah, I'm upset about it. I'm trying to get you to understand. But really, honestly, for the next four year. We need you to sit down and be quiet.
Speaker 3: That's what we really need you to do, sir, sir, Like I mean, I don't want to fight. It sounds like you want to fight.
Speaker 2: But listen.
Speaker 3: As a public servant, I am really trying to serve the people. So just tell me how it is that I can help you. Instead of fighting with me. What we need to do is focus on how we're gonna get you your money. And I am committed today.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you one more thing before you go?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, sir, I'm listening, Jasmine.
Speaker 1: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Do you know how crazy my life is?
Speaker 2: And you are playing on my phone?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Like I got people coming left and right complaining about everything under the sun. Hey, you won't hear playing on my phone? Like I don't even want to know how and why? I legitimately don't even know. I don't even want to know. But this takes the time.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I know, but listen. Let me just say this. We are behind you.
Speaker 2: We love you one hundred percent, especially here the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: But I come on, Jed, I had to get you. I had to call I had to try that.
Speaker 3: This is not what I needed. But uh, but I guess I love y'all.
Speaker 1: One day.
Speaker 2: Yes, just tell me this. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, The.
Speaker 3: Steve Harvey Morning Show, Jasmine I.
Speaker 4: Got you, come on here, No, no, no, we apologize on the behalf of the Steve Harby Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Come on, God, you will go over the line, over the line beyond you comedians. Let me say this right.
Speaker 4: Lone loone, Jason, we love you.
Speaker 2: Keep doing what you're doing. You are amazing out there. You are representing us man, and you make us proud to be black hanging there, and we are behind you one thousand percent of everything that you're doing. And you say what you want to say because you are saying what a lot of us want to say.
Speaker 1: Well, you are being heard and we appreciate you. You're listening. Harvey Morning Show.