Speaker 1: Sauce on the side.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: It's Gandhi here with Diamond. And I say this all the time because I'm always excited for the guests that we have come in. We have a guy named Rob Shooter coming in today. Rob Shooter you may have heard on The Big Show, The Naughty Gossip. He used to be in pr and he has all the tea on all the people, and I know Diamond probably has a million things that she wants to ask him. But he's just a good time. He even just him telling a regular story about his day walking here whatever. He's highly entertaining. So I'm very excited to have him in here today.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: What are you chompa at the bit about here?
Speaker 3: Well? I follow him on substack number one. I don't understand the Megan Mark will hate. But I can't tell if he like is telling a story from a friend perspective, or if he's trying to shit on her. Okay, you know so, But also I don't understand why people don't like her like I, you know. And then also he just knows so many people, well I want to know, you know, he does who he likes, who.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like, he's pretty open about that stuff too. Yes, he tries lightly every now and then, but if you really get him going, he's like, and by the way, so and so fucking sucks. I love it because I want to hear those things, like when you hear it from an everyday person that maybe ran into Jennifer Lopez one time. And I have no doubt we're going to talk about jay Lo a lot. You can't necessarily go on their experience as to like who she is as a person. You can go on their experience as far as what she was to them at that moment. Sure, so if she was a bitch to them, I believe that that doesn't make her a bitch overall. But Rob worked for these people, with these people. He's attended award shows, Gallas, like all the stuff with incredibly popular celebrities, so he knows them, knows them, and I can't wait to get some of this info. I hope that you are ready to be a part of it for this. Yeah, let's talk about that for the second. So some of our most popular episodes are when it's just you, Me and Andrew and Josh. If he wants to come in here, we've talked about this a million times, but you don't really like I mean, I guess you'll do that. You do those episodes of me, and you don't care about that so much, but you never want to be on the air, on the show, on the big show. Why.
Speaker 3: I think that people don't realize that there's a lot of pressure when it comes to the big show. Really yeah, I feel like there's a lot of pressure period with certain things, like I'm nervous. I can talk to you. I can talk to you because I'm comfortable with you. Okay, we chat whatever. Honestly, I don't remember half of the things that I say. So when people are like, oh I loved what you said or I love you on Gandhi's podcast, I'm like, oh god, what did I say?
Speaker 2: Like I don't remember.
Speaker 1: People say all the time, more diamond, we want more diamond.
Speaker 2: God, it makes me nervous.
Speaker 3: Things just come out of my mouth, right, And so like, I think that when it comes to the big show, if I say something I probably shouldn't say, I feel like I'm gonna get in trouble for it.
Speaker 2: I probably won't Who.
Speaker 1: Would get you? Who would come for you?
Speaker 2: Ah? Actually, it's like our question, no our vet manager.
Speaker 3: No, I think people maybe the people. And it's easy to say that you don't care about what people have to say about you, but sometimes, like I think my biggest thing is like saying something that I don't mean, like unintentionally hurting people's feelings or something.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, true.
Speaker 1: We should get to this with Rob too. I think people, I understand what you're saying. As someone who is shit on often, I really don't care that much anymore. I mean, every now and then there might be like I might be having a bad day and you're like, ah, shit, that was mean. Why did you have to send me that? But I don't seek it out. I read the comments on my page, and I think I've done a pretty good job so far, like filtering out all of the people who I am not interested in hearing from anymore. But it is like, it is what it is. Right, you have an opinion about something, You're never gonna make anybody happy. You're never gonna make everybody happy. I should say, hopefully make somebody happy. But as long as you're happy, you're not hurting anybody who cares. People misspeak all the time, people fuck things up all the time. Whatever, Hm, shit happens, but I understand stepping into the arena. I remember, it's a little wild. Yeah, I mean even I will tell you this, and I think I've said this before. So I started as an intern when I was in radio. I was still in college, and then they hired me full time. I was still in college. But I think because I was so young the audience and because it was a Midwest and they had started my journey with me and followed along, they were super supportive and it was like everything I did they clapped and they were nice, and it was like, yay, oh my gosh, good job, you're growing up. So when I moved to Boston, because they recruited me hard to move to Boston, I just expected that that's how everyone was gonna treat me. And fun fact no, So that was actually my first venture into like the rings of hell. It was so bad. They were like whole pages. I mean, I guess this still exists, but there was like Facebook pages about how I've ruined everything on my first day. What I hadn't even had a chance to like talk and get things going. Give me a year and then tell me that I ruined it all. Fine, but day one, no, it was so mean, and then I was like, okay, well I'm prepared, Like now I know, I'm bracing myself.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: And then I came here thinking it'll probably be like the same in the beginning as Boston. But this show is so much bigger and had such a big pull and reach that I was not prepared for the tsunami of mean shit that started coming my way and then didn't stop. Well, I didn't change myself. I would drown in that. So you just I don't care about it. I know it's easy to say, it's not necessarily easy to do, but I think there are four more people who are rooting for you and who love you, and who are more diamonding it all the time. So I think you undersell yourself. And I think you're really good at what you do.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I would love.
Speaker 1: To have more of you here and on the show. Well, thank you that you're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is the year. What yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's make it happen.
Speaker 2: Let's get it popping.
Speaker 1: You know, Elvis loves talking to you.
Speaker 3: Scares me though, Why he's just a different type of person.
Speaker 1: What are you scared of? Elvis, it's not the way. At some point, guarantee he pops in here. Because he's here today, wandering around somewhere. He's gonna come in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep me on my toes. Why don't you. I don't know. I just I'm like, oh god, what, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's something about him that I'm just it makes me uneasy when Mike's are around.
Speaker 2: If we're just chilling, fine, I'll say whatever.
Speaker 1: But like, oh see, I would say, of all the dudes that I've worked with, he's the easiest one to play back and forth with. Oh god, the easiest. I mean, like he just he rolls with it. He's really witty and funny.
Speaker 4: He is and there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that there have been a lot of instances that I've been in where a lot of it happens here all the time. I'll say something that I think is hilarious and there's like no reaction whatsoever. He reacts most of the time, even if it's silent and he's like flipping me the bird. He does. He's paying attention to like what's going on. So he is pretty easy to interact with. You just gotta interact, Oh okay, Yeah, So One of the things about radio is open ended answers or long answers. I should say open ended questions. So like, if I ask you a question, the response should never be yes or no. Fine, it should be a yes and or a no because we're learning.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, we're gonna do it is I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean that's better. You know what you said. This is gonna be the year. We have a whole year to work on it. Okay, But until then, I say, we welcome Rob Shooter. So I am here with Rob Shooter, who is one of our favorite guests that we have on The Big Show all the time, the Naughty Gossip. Should we play his theme song.
Speaker 4: Advice or Shooter? See Rob?
Speaker 1: Okay? So, Rob, every time you come in and you talk to us for maybe twenty minutes, I have a billion more questions about what is going on in the world of celebrity and specifically with like you as a human being, how your life as a publicist for celebrities started, some of the juiciest things that you've seen and done, and just in general, like what is your life like?
Speaker 4: That's why you have this podcast? See because the what do you call it? The Big Show? I like that. So the Big Show, it's brilliant, But that Big Show is a machine and it has to move at a certain pace and there's technical stuff that I didn't realize until I got my own TV show. You have to throw the commercial break, you have to pay the bills, and so that Big Show, even though it sounds like it is all spur of the moment, a lot of it is sort of mapped out. That's the genius I think of Elvis and the team is that you have to sort of like put this jigsaw puzzle together or playe together the while you're flying it, and you can do both at once. But that's what I love now about your podcasts and people's podcasts. You can take those little nuggets, which are delicious. I'm not criticizing the Big Show. I'm a huge fan of it. I've been doing it for decades. But you can take those little pieces of conversation and you can expand them, and that's what you do better than anybody else.
Speaker 1: I love you, and I want to expand on so much. I know Diamond has some questions because she subscribes to your substack, which, by the way, if people want to do that, Rob how can they do that?
Speaker 4: Yes, so sub sex this amazing platform that I didn't really know much about it. So people are no longer going to websites. Nobody goes to people dot com or a stock that. People are not going to websites anymore. What's happening is and I love this. We have to come to you. Yeah, so my website Lazier every day exactly knocking on your door. I think it's six months for people now want information in newsletters, and you've got to change with the times. Ten years ago I was waking up every morning and watching the Today Show. I love it. My habits have changed now, and so I think we get our news in a different way. And the smartest business people I know have changed with the times. And I think part of my success in this business is I've constantly reinvented myself. Not necessarily the content of the work. It's always been, you see, naughty but nice gossip, but the way I deliver it is something that I think about a lot. So about a year ago, a friend of mine is telling me about substack and this is the new thing, and I played with a little bit. And whenever you start something, you're not going to be good at it. So that's why a lot of people don't start, because they're frightened of being criticized. I don't care. So I started it and I was awful, but after about six months I got really good at it. And now my substack is on fire. And so each day, if you sign up for it, get a substack Rob Shooter and type in my name and you just put in your email address, and then throughout the day, every time a really big story breaks, two three times a day, you get a really short email. And at first I was like, gosh, am I overloading people? And the answer is yes, I was. It was Elvis who said, you are blowing up my own box. He said four a day unless like something tragic happens, and he gave me a very tragic story that I won't repeat. So four times a day, I picked the biggest story, four times a day, and I give you some insight, I give you some exclusive information, and people are eating it up. I feel like I always felt a little bit in the shadow of pres Hilton. He got there first. He really owned the blog, he owned that world. I thought, I know, I'm a bete, which I wouldn't do. I knew as a better columnist. I knew I was a better, better writer. I knew I had better sources, but he got there first, and I tipped my hat to him. I have so much respect that he did it. But I was always a little bit in his shadow. He was my Britney and I was Jessica Simpson like I just I wasn't quite the star Stack. For the first time ever, I feel like the star. I'm really killing it. So if you if you want gossip, if you love a celebrity gossip, and you don't want to get to websites anymore, then then sign up and you literally get a substack and then it will say sign up, and you type in rob Shooter and it brings you to my page. And then you put your email address in said s h u t e R rob R A B s h u t e R. If you want a short go or a B s h u t e R dot substack dot com. All right, I'll take it right there. Put your email addressing and it's really simple too. I think this is a real lovely thing about substack. You know, sometimes when you sign up for something, you can't subscribe unless you go down a rabbit hole up and lad down. It gives you ten steps and then I'll still get your emails this If you get bored of me, and you won't, you just hit one little unsubscribe and I'm gone.
Speaker 1: Are you selling our information to a third part?
Speaker 4: I'm not. Yeah, no, not yet. But it is lovely to see you build something. You're doing it with this podcast. We've been both of us. We've been parts of massive organizations, so big brands, which I'm so lucky at as being part of it, and they're great. But it's also lovely to have your own little piece of the pie. It is.
Speaker 1: It's nice to do something creatively that is just you and it's just what you want to do. Nobody's forcing you, nobody's telling you what you can and can't say. You're not really taking off clients. We don't have any. It's great.
Speaker 4: How long before this show hit its strung?
Speaker 1: This podcast?
Speaker 4: Yeah? When we like this is the show, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That it has yet rights, we're working on it. We So what's really interesting is I love having guests on because I say this all the time. There are things I want to do with this podcast. I want people to learn something and get information from this right in some capacity. And that's why I like having guests, because I feel like we can learn something from every guest who comes in. You can learn something from everybody every day. But our most popular episodes, once people love the most, are when it's just Diamond and Me shooting the ship talking about nothing with Diamonds terrible.
Speaker 4: I get the same on my show. On my podcast Naughty but Nice, I used to have a celebrity guest maybe two or three times a week, normally a housewife, someone related always to a Kardashian, somebody that was involved in the world of royals. And what I figured out very quickly is they necessary didn't necessarily want want guests. They wanted me. Your listeners want you. Well, that's it's so flattering.
Speaker 1: It is very flattering, it's super nice, and it's just a fun thing to do. It's a creative outlet. I was a producer my whole life until I came here, and now I've been here for long enough that maybe I should have shaken it a little bit. But it's really tough for me to just sit in the seat and only talk and not do all the other things around.
Speaker 4: Don't shake it. Honestly, if you've got a skill out there, whatever you're doing right now, you did something before this, and if you enjoyed it, you can bring it all together. For a long time, when I was a publicist, I didn't really like being a publicist. I didn't really want to do that job. I wanted to say something myself. It was very difficult to walk red carpets and not speak. I wanted to be talking and that didn't necessarily want to be famous. But I had a voice, and so that's why I made a pivot. However, all the skills I learned as a publicist I now use and that has really helped. So don't ever think like because you were something, it doesn't it doesn't affect you anymore. It actually makes you who you are.
Speaker 1: Right, That's my foundation. And I actually think and Diamond could probably attest to this in one way or another. I think it drives people around here nuts because everybody has this one position that they do, this one thing that they do all the time. But from where I came, I did all of those jobs. So it kind of turns into a situation every now and then where I'm like, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. I know how this works, I'll do it myself. And then you know that's not really how.
Speaker 4: People want to I started as a receptionist in my first job in America. I answered the telephones at this big PR company BNC, Bragman I mcafarelli. One of the biggest would be Goldberg, Cameron, dis Kate Hudson. They had superstar clients and big corporate clients too. And it's back in the day when we didn't have cell phones, and so you had to phone the main number to get your publicist. And so every celebrity, every client would come through my switchboard, would come through the reception And I learned everything doing that job. And if somebody had said to me, like Rob on your resume, it's a good resume now, and there's some pretty impressive stuff on there, the one where I learned everything was the reception desk. I'm so glad that I wasn't one of those privileged kids that got to miss that beat of life, because some people go into companies and your dad's famous at your mum's reach and you go straight into hot I started at the bottom of the ladder and I'm really grateful about that, because saying the skills you learn, you don't get so much.
Speaker 1: You learn about people, You learn how to interact with people. You see the ship that rolls downhill, And how when somebody at the top just you know, is feeling whimsical one day and they just don't want to do the thing that they said they were going to do, how that impacts every other person down the road. So like, I try really hard not to do that. Even though I did cancel a guest recently because everyone was saying how much I was going to love this woman and it was going to be wonderful and I need to watch this show. And then I watched the show and I was appalled, and I was like, I don't I don't even want.
Speaker 4: That, But is that lovely on this show? You to get to make that decision on the big show. If a whole celebrity turns up, we were not going to name them. We're not going to get in trouble here at iHeart, but we all know who you are. You've still got to do it here. You don't have to. It's your shirt.
Speaker 1: You're right, And by the way, you're not gonna get in trouble for any things you say on this part, you are safe. We call this the immunity room. Oh, because at some point I'm gonna want you to name names.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty I'm pretty open.
Speaker 1: Okay, So first up, Diamond has a question about what she's constantly seeing in your sub stack. Someone to let her ask it.
Speaker 4: Go Diamond, Hello, what is the.
Speaker 2: Real issue with Megan Mark?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: And I want to say, does she deserve it? But according to your substack, sometimes you make me feel like she does. I don't know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Missing Meghan, Like everybody is really complicated. And when you tell a story about a friend or a celebrity, it's easy to do black or white. It's easy to do one or a hundred. That's not true of anybody. We all have our good days, we all have ha bad days. Meghan has this ability to just make terrible decisions, business decisions. I think she's made a really good romantic decision and she's got the life partner that she loves. But if there's a way to mess something up, they'll do it. And I think part of it is what makes Meghan a superstar, what makes her so interesting, what makes Harry a superstar and so interesting is the one thing they're trying to run away from, which is that they were part of the royal family. So if you don't want to talk about that, Harry, Meghan, then you're going to go away. You've got to find something else to talk about. And they've not been able to figure that out. I say to friends all the time, if you don't want to do this anymore, then what are you going to do instead? If you pull a weed out of your garden, unless you stick another plant into that hole, that weed's going to grow back. So Harry and Meghan have become famous through now talking about the royals, and it's such a contradiction because if you spoke to Meghan or Harry, they'd I don't want to talk about that, want my privacy, don't But then they talk about it. Meghan gave us all a lecture about social media and the dangers of it, and I think she's actually probably right in a lot of it. And then we see her children pop up on her Instagram accounts, and it's always when she wants to sell us something. So I wish they put better people around them. Harry, I understand why when you when you grow up entitled. When you grow up in a palace, you have the best team in the world, but you don't know that because you've never not had them. You lose a good hairdresser and then you realize how good they are. You don't know how good your nail salon is until he or her quits. And that's what happened with Harry. He just thought he could turn up and whatever he touched would turn to gold, because that's what happened his whole life. Without the infrastructure of the palace, that's very, very difficult. So I have her love hate with Meghan. I've met her several times. She's charming, she's funny, she's witty, she's pushy, But so are a lot of men like you know, so I don't want to fall into that trap of just beating up Meghan. But even me and the Ally, I'm like, oh, girl, did you have like did you have of all the decisions? Like the jam magnet? It was runny badly many you couldn't order it. And then I bought my mom for Christmas and Megan Candle it turned up and it didn't have a wick in it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I don't love Megan together. And when you mess with people's money. It's fine if I'm just giggling at you as a real housewife, but when I'm buying your products, And the Kardashians know this better than anybody.
Speaker 4: Their products are good. Karlie Jenner is a billionaire because they're good. Jessica Simpson's billionaire because there's slutty shoes she sells are fabulous, like the p So I just want Megan, like, make it about the work. Do the work? Does that answer sort of?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, But then I want to know why what's going on with the publicists?
Speaker 2: Like why have they? I read the other day that they it's.
Speaker 4: Like the twelfth the twelfth run. Yeah, And then but.
Speaker 3: Then they're also like they try to tell the publicists what to do. So that's why the public what is happening.
Speaker 4: It's very difficult to run a big business like markle Ink, like Sussex Inc. Without learning that craft and not Harry. But Meghan went from zero to one hundred on the day she got married, and suddenly she was operating in a capacity where she was in above her head, and rather than listen and learn and figure out how to do that, she turned away that advice and a lot of people quit. But we were talking about this earlier in the show. It's got to be a progression. I'm good at what I do now because I was a receptionist twenty years ago. Meghan I feel bad for because she went from here to there. She went from just being on a hit show. I raised my hat, tipped my hat to her, but she went to having a billion people watch her wedding. She went from that to being on the cover of magazines. She wasn't prepared. A good example of this is I used to work for Ashley Simpson. Ashley's first ever live performance on television should have been New York One. Should have been a local fair. It should have been like just Taylor Swift learned her craft. She was in Nashville, nobody was there. She played bar, she played nightclubs. She learned how to be Taylor's I used to work for Alicia Keys. Alicia Keys played every crappy piano bar in the world. She played, but she learned, she learned, She learned her craft. Megan Ashley Simpson didn't. Her first TV appearance was SNL and we know you were working and we know what happened. She should never have done that show, and I was the one I said, no, she should not. She shouldn't have done that show with Megan. You can't say she shouldn't do it because she's such a star now she's going to be just thrust into it. But she's so ill prepared and she hasn't picked the right people or she's not listening to the right people. It's a skill everybody. If you hire, if you hire an expert and then you design your own house, when it falls down, you can't blame the architect, like you know some people. I know what I don't know, and I think that's a skill. Learn it. I don't know how you learn it though, When when you're when you're when you've got the spotlight on you.
Speaker 1: So, if given the opportunity, would you be her publicist?
Speaker 4: No, because I forget No, I'll get fired and lets me no, I'm being kind here, and let's be honest. There's clearly something that's difficult about them to work for. We have friends, you know people, If you're on your fifth assistant, if you're on your fifth publicist, if you're on your fifth of our team, you're probably a mess. And so like you are difficult, and so I get it. They are difficult. They don't really know what they want. And the reason they don't know what they want is because they don't know who they are. My first book, The Forward Answer, it really told people, if you want to be successful, know who you are in forwards or less. Who are you? I'm funny, I'm naughty, I'm nice, I'm gay. Like pick your words. And if I said to Megan, who are you? In four words? Shore and have a clue, look in the mirror tonight, like everybody listening, look in the mirror when you clean your teeth, and say who am I in four words? And then write them down on a poster and stick them on your mirror. And then every opportunity that comes through your life, if he doesn't match three of the four words.
Speaker 1: Pass WHOA. That is really good advice. I have another question, please, I want you to ask all the questions.
Speaker 3: I really were you working for Alicia Keys when she decided to ruin that man's marriage?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Because this is something and the reason why. Okay, I know a lot of homeworkers. I know a lot of people who have ended up falling in love with people who were in complicated relationships, let's put it like that, or relationships that were ending. None of them have so publicly try to portray themself as a woman empowerment leader. Remember she was like helping women in Africa while stealing somebody's husband. And then when it came that this was happening, she was quiet. And then Swiss Beat's ex wife, who now they're all besties.
Speaker 2: I love that for them.
Speaker 3: But when Mashanda decided that she couldn't take it anymore and she decided to go on at on Twitter, Alicia was quiet, and I'm like, you're a woman who wants to empower women. What's going on now? So for that, she's never been forgiven. I feel like her voice has even taken a hit because of it.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 2: She grinds my gears.
Speaker 4: I can hear it, I can hear it. But for it, I think it's because it touches you, because it's something that could potentially happen in your own life. That the best stories, the biggest stories I break are divorces or weddings, are births of funerals, which is the same in your regular life. If a friend has a baby, you want to see the pictures. If a friend gets married, you're really excited. I always get a spike in traffic when these really human stories come about, and that there's something about betraying that touches all of us because we've all been betrayed, and we've always we've all got a friend that has been betrayed. I broke the Hugh j Ackman story dating Sutton Foster, and it was a really tough story to me because I know dead but the wife a little bit and they've been together thirty years. And I get it. We're allowed to fall in and out of love with people, but don't be messy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be cruel, like you can't divorce happens. I'm not Pollyanna, I'm not naive. I get it couples fall apart, but I hate the messiness. Ariana Grande with Ethan Slater. That time line is very fuzzy. Brad and Angelina insist that they didn't get together until after Jen, but that's a very fuzzy timeline. So these celebrities who think that we don't have a calendar or a Google search are so crazy. We see what you're up to. You're allowed to fall in love. You're allowed to fall out of love, but don't be sloppy or cruel about it. And there was a cruelness I think to Julia Roberts, her husband was married, he was a camera man on Julia's movie, and she and like, how can you compete with Julia Roberts. If my husband made a movie with Julia Robbers, I'd lose him to and he's gay. It's just it's like, it's unfairness to it. I think you're right, though, I think Alisha didn't handle this well. She didn't get in front of it, and ultimately too. We talk about publicists, we talk about managers like they have a magic wand if you do something shitty, if you do something bad, you did it like, thank you, you did it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So from a publicist perspective, because I say this all the time, I understand people are going to suck up. It happened, happens, we all do it. I don't understand when pr people sweep in to try and make it look like something that it wasn't. What is the problem behind being like, yeah, fucked up, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: The troubles been really briefely honest. Here is I can't charge you ten thousand dollars a month for that advice. You might. It's a business and you have to follow the money. And often we see businesses that thrive in drama and crisis. Pr only exists if there's a crisis. They don't create the crisis. But sometimes I question the advice they're giving. My advice always to my clients, and the agencies I worked with probably were annoyed with me because I was like, own it, right. You wouldn't put me on retain if I said, if I've got to be on retainer for a year, I'm not doing a really good job. Own it. You messed up, you did something bad. But it's the same in my life and your life. We all do bad things. Like I try not to judge myself on my worst day, but we've all had horrible days. I own it, and I say sorry. Sorry is so important. I know in this political climate were taught not to say sorry. I don't buy that in the long run, if you do something and you didn't, you didn't mean it, and you know it was bad and we all know the truth, say sorry, own it. I own my mistakes, and I wish more celebrities. I wish more friends, I wish more colleagues. I wish they owned it. They don't. It's that's that Elton John song I love. Sorry is the hardest word. It's really hard for some people to say sorry. Don't be one of those people.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would ever be one of those people. I think my publicist will probably hate me because I would just, like we were just talking about, I think I would just be the person that'd be like, shit, yeah I.
Speaker 4: Did do that kind of that. I know. I know I can spin myself. I'm good at like, oh, well, they deserved it. On line said.
Speaker 1: They deserved that.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to do that as forced into this decision. No, you weren't. You made your choice, and leader, if you're listening, glolo, if you're listening, you made your choice. And we all know. The thing is, though, I think I might be wrong here. Had Alisha said sorry, had Alisha admitted that she broke the girl code, you you might still listen to her music today. There's a chance you might have forgiven her. But because she didn't, you're done and there's no going back now. And so learn that in life, we're not all Alicia Key is, but we all make mistakes. Say sorry. I'm the king of sorry. I sometimes they say sorry when I just see people walking up something terrible, like I know, like because of what I do for a living. If I'm not in a restaurant and I see a high sife, I'm like, oh, this could get me the way they could throw a drink at me, like I don't know what I've said, I don't remember what I've said, but they're coming towards me. I'm sorry, sorry, selling And then they.
Speaker 1: Just want to give you a hug and tell you they love your subset, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, with Alicia Keys. Every time something even slightly bad happens her, like her voice hits a wrong note. Diamonds like, because she stole.
Speaker 4: It made you mad?
Speaker 2: Mad, it upset me.
Speaker 4: Has somebody hurt you like that, has somebody chease done you? Someone stole you on your partner.
Speaker 2: Not on that level, you know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like.
Speaker 3: When you do something like she made me feel, my anger switched from Swiss beats to her. And I don't think that you should ever let a man or whoever that person is, who left the relationship make.
Speaker 2: You look like the man Yang because there is fifty fifty. But the fact that you literally.
Speaker 3: Preached woman empowerment before a lot of people were you weren't. She was like the face of woman wearing makeup that was a lie was.
Speaker 4: Lighted. I think you hate it on something so so important. Here it's the phoniness of it. And that's what hurt about Ellen. We all knew in the business that Ellen was not a pleasant person. Ellen's a very difficult person. And there's a lot of very difficult celebrities out there, Andy Cohen, there's a lot really do gold people, but nobody pushed kindness more than Ellen, And don't do it like be authentic, be the best version of yourself, but be yourself. If you're a bit moody, you should be a moody celebrity. If you're funny, you should be a funny celebrity. If you're critical, you should be the villain. Like you play your role, you play your role. And so that's what I think annoyed you the most about Elisha, And what annoyed me about Ellen is I just hate Phone's like that there's a place in this world goodness knows when you see on reality shows. Er Morosa made a lot of money being the villain on The Apprentice, and she was really good at it because it was true. I have no time now for celebrities that pretend to be something they're not.
Speaker 1: It's kind of tough though, because everybody says like, oh, you have to build a brand, and with a brand comes a personality type, right, and then we expect that personality type from that person all the time because that's a brand, when in reality they are human. So is there a chance you know this obviously far better than me. Is there a chance that Ellen did do a lot of kind things, but when it came to her professional show and getting stuff done, she was a tyrant about doing it or her to do the nice things.
Speaker 4: Yes, she would argue, Yes, she would say, I gave a lot of money to charity, but.
Speaker 1: I think that doesn't make you a kind person.
Speaker 4: The nice thing is what you do to people every day, like that's who you are. It's the small gestures. If I write a check to a charity doesn't make me a nice guy. It makes me a guy that gave a great check to a charity. Kindness exactly. Say that again, that was really smart.
Speaker 1: Generosity and kindness are very different saying.
Speaker 4: Read that should be the title of your book. I could sell that.
Speaker 1: Or would we give it away for free?
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, diamond about twenty percent fronts to get it. It's a small decision to make every single day that make you who you are. It's not those big, glamorous moments. And celebrities are people that they're regular people and it's the decisions they make every single day.
Speaker 1: So she was just a big old bitch.
Speaker 4: She was not a very nice person.
Speaker 1: Who do you think in the celebrity world right now needs pr more than anyone else.
Speaker 4: I think Bethany Frankle just needs to be like, just shut up. I love that Andy Cohen is now calling her, look, it's al mister rad I love that Andy Cone is now refusing to neighbor and he calls her Margarita, lady. I love it. Who is Elms? Now we're going to get some ratings, thank god? Here here and we're talking all about my favorite subject me. Oh my god, do you want to ask a question? What do you want to know? I've never been into the sauce of the side studio.
Speaker 1: Oh it looks so different.
Speaker 4: I've never been in the studio before. I love thank you. I know you don't read you on stack. I'm really good at substack subject. It's taking off Elvis. I've become our saying to earlier on the show that I was never the number one, it was always Pereer, so it was somebody else subsac I'm number one, I'm the king. Can you deserve it? I'm thank you for the queen of subject, but I'll take it. But I love reading.
Speaker 5: I love how you have sources.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's talk about sources inside.
Speaker 4: The Golden Gloves. I had people in the room, but I've been a couple of times, and so it's a very interesting awards show. And the reason it is so good is that they don't really allow managers or publicy. It's a small room. So the Oscars, everybody gets a ticket. Here, you don't get a ticket, and you have to show your ticket. The year I went as with Jennifer Lopez and she couldn't find a ticket and they were not going to let her in and she found it in a purse. She wouldn't have got in there. Really, once you're in that room, they seal the doors and it is just the booze fest. There is booze everywhere, nobody eats and this you're smoking, isn't that? He was told three times? This up smoking, Sean Penn, Sean Pin. You could see the cup on the table. It was filled with like ye old stove. So it wasn't like one cigarette. It was like he had about six or seven cigarettes. Now what bugged me about this? They have a smoking area at the hotel, not normally, but they set it up for the Golden Glibes. So if he'd walked away from his table, you walk past the bar and then they have a patio, and outside patio everyone's out there smoking. He couldn't be bothered to work walk a hundred feet. I don't like it. Okay, bye, good stay starting R ratings.
Speaker 1: You're not You're going to be a guest one day.
Speaker 4: Don't kiss me. You've got a cold, Alvis what you want in on?
Speaker 1: I asked him who needs pre the most right now?
Speaker 4: And he said, Bethany Frankl Bethany Frankle. Yeah, you know I love Bethany. Can you fix that? We know we're okay with each other. Hello, luck, he's got card again. Nate walked in. Nate wasn't so hot for a minute, and then he bounced back. What do you mean there was a second when you let yourself go a little bit, like physically, I got a little.
Speaker 1: Fluffy, taking a lot of turn so fat mate.
Speaker 4: Well he wasn't fat, mate, but he was like, softly, softly, you look great. He had a touch of the Leonardo DiCaprio's like a little little chobby.
Speaker 1: A little fluffy, little fluff.
Speaker 4: But now he's back.
Speaker 1: Please get the hell out of here, godul. I ask everyone to take their STLF before the podcast star terrible crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: But I would guess they're the crossover from the big show to this is really good, so they will know these characters pop.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, they know who these people are. So Bethany Frankel.
Speaker 4: Once again, Bethany hasn't figured out after Housewives who she is. That's that's it's that's simply I don't want to keep beating the same point. But who are you Bethany? In four words? And I think one of the words is still a housewife or a reality star. Her greatest success was on that show, and since then she's had a lot of lot of failures. She's done a talk show, she's done Skating with the Stars, She's done all these other projects and none of them really works that well.
Speaker 2: She had her own version of The.
Speaker 4: Apprentice, that's right, and that fligs and so like Bethley, you know, your skill is being a reality star. She's a great reality star player. Nobody plays that game better than her. But it's like when Madonna doesn't want to sing anymore and wants to act. No, do do what you're good at, don't. I don't want to say I want to see her. No, no Madonna, no dancing, sing true blue, sing like a virgin. And Bey should up talking about this one margarita that you made like it doesn't make you, Jeff Bezos. You made a margarita, and to be honest, girl, they ain't. They're nice because it has no sugar in it. If you have a margarita, you want the Have you ever had a skinny girl margarita?
Speaker 3: I have? Oh?
Speaker 4: I like it though, Oh you like her? That's why you like it? Oh the chemicals in it. Whole Food's dropped it because it didn't meet their standards, the chemical, the chemicals, but it's still well, that's why your skinny it flushes through you libel allegedly allegedly a legends. I think Bethanie needs some help, and I think it because she hasn't figured out who she is and firing off twelve tiktoks a day, It's just overwhelmed me, like I would have to block her, Like it's just like every and she's always so outraged. God forbid, she should do a TikTok oh I saw a lovely doggie on the street. No, everything is four outrage exhausting. So I think Bethanie needs a little bit of help. And I think Reality Star US in general, this is going to be a tricky year because their shows are not what they were. And I know you love Your Housewives turned a little bit, it's not it's.
Speaker 3: I find myself going back, Like as a season is airing, I'm still going back to the old season good laugh, Like everybody is trying to recreate what they watched and it's just it's not working.
Speaker 4: Like once the magic's gone, you can't put it back into that bottle. And I feel like all the new people who are signing up, A couple of people I know are auditioning right now to be on the New New York Housewives that they're recasting the New York one, and they're all trying to be the new Bethany or the new and I was like, be you. That's the only chance she got in life. And honestly, this isn't just for reality to this is for everybody listening. Once I realized that the only shot I had of success was being me, then yeah, yourself, like, stop trying to be a second rate somebody else. Be you. And so when you go on these shows, now there's a prototype, there's a there's a there's a formula to fill out. No, go on and be you. Don't try and go on and try to be Bethany because it won't work.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel about the news that Nini is coming?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: Can't wait. I care about and I love her history with that which is a miracle. She's coming back. And had Bethany not upset Andy even more, Nini wouldn't be back. Because once somebody goes to nuclear hates, you forget everybody else is awful. And so Nini was really on his shit list and told Bethany tried to burn that Bravo And so now all these people that he didn't like now were like Oh, they're not so bad, so.
Speaker 1: Real quickly on that what did they both do to Andy? I don't know this.
Speaker 4: Struggle being accus him. I think of drugs, of cocaine, of being a sloppy boss, Bethany, racism and racism she said yes, she said and so, and then Bethany tried to burn down Brava. She tried to get lawyers involved, and she wanted to be victuals. She said it was like an exploitive environment, and she threatened stuff on tiktop that she never followed through, but the threat was enough. And it's like, wouldn't you bite the hand that feeds you? You don't go back. I'm careful too. We see a lot of stuff in the places we work. But if you go nuculear, you do it, like if you're got to go down that road, there will be consequences. It's interesting because a really senior person at Bravo said to me, what makes Bethany such great reality TV also makes her just a terrible person, Like it's just what is fabulous? What is fabulous on television? It's just so dumb annoying at dinner, like can you imagine? Like it's lovely to watch these other people's messiness. But don't you know what it in your life?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Don't be careful, which has why you're allowing. I've allowed a few into my life and they've all bit me because that's because they are rewarded for bad behavior. If you reward people for bad behavior, then they'll keep being bad. Who's naughty to me? I remember whence I went out with Ramona Singer and I really fancy hotel the Mark, and we're having dinner and she pulled out of her here's bag a bottle of her own wine and asked them to serve that.
Speaker 3: Yes, were and it was a screwed up so we didn't need to talk.
Speaker 4: It was awful. Try to get a dollar out of Sunny Morgan, like she'll take you for dinner, but you'll pay, but you won't like not a dollar, not a dollar.
Speaker 2: We found out she didn't have it.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have it, but she has that big townhouse. She used to do a screening party for the show every Thursday. Had a house and I used to be one of the gates. You don't have gays there. I invited a girlfriend Sonya said no, no, girl's alive. Just Sonya. She's that insecure Sonia couldn't allow another woman in the room. Yeah, and the person invited forgive me was not necessarily the most attractive person, like such, no no women Sonya in that tirnhouse. And nothing worked when the battery. Yes, you couldn't thrush the low like, don't pe Sonia, You're not going to thrush the log And I remember once I like turned a tap and it came off in my hand. And then the other big thing that I love doing that is when you go to celebrity house is ozepic has to be not frozen, that has to be refrigerated. So looking at celebrities fridge because that's they can't hide you the bed, Like if it's cocaine or heroin, they can hide that under the coffee table. The ozimpic has to be the fridge. So you look at the fridge and make an excuse, I'm just gonna get a few cups of mice. I get some mice. I'm gonna go and get a little sowd of my drinks too strong in that fridge and look all over it. I love you for that.
Speaker 1: So you have had some very famous clients like you just named j Lo.
Speaker 4: We know that I love O God.
Speaker 1: I said he was good to you.
Speaker 4: I know that's a really tough thing, is that? Gosh? He was charming and now I understand why he got away with it for twenty years. He was psychopathically charming. He was kind to me, he was funny, he was witty, he was generous, and he was a sociopath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those things. Were you shocked when you heard these allegations are coming out, because I have no doubt you heard before the rest of us heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, but I was so naive. It was twenty years ago. As a baby publicist. He was one of the first big celebrity. Yea, when of the first celebrities. You know, Cassie wasn't on the scene then, it was way back. It was, it was kim Porter, it was Jalo, he was it was even before then. It was right in the beginning. And I'm never shocked at how power and fame changes people. I've never shocked, had drugs had boos, how entitlement changes people? And did he become the king? When I worked with him, he was on his way up. He hasn't, He hadn't yet become the superstar, the billionaire he was not. Yeah, it's like he was three names in like it definitely. I don't quite remember what name I left on, but it was definitely a couple of names in. But it wasn't what it was now. And so I think you see people change. I saw it in just the few years I was with him. He he changed, and then he got entitled, and then he got psychotic. And now he's in jail. I'm glad he's there.
Speaker 1: Is there anything going on with that right now?
Speaker 4: He's going to have a big comeback tour, Like I know, it's amazing that this might make him. When I was with Diddy, he's Achilles heel. And what he didn't like is that he really wasn't street. He was a guy from a kind of a middle class upbringing. He was well educated, and so he was always intimidated by the rappers out there who were more authentic. And to be honest, the rap community thought did he was a bit of a pussy. They thought he was all just make believe, he was all hype. Now he gone to jail, he now can say he the real I think did he will be planning a comeback, I'm told already there's talk about a show at the Garden. He will come out. He has got hours and hours of video when he worked with did He. There is just footage his camera crews with you, clearly, clearly, clear, with you constantly. So I think there's a place for him now. And it's a shame of American culture, but he'll end up on Rava with the bad behavior is rewarded in America. It really is, like it really is when you think of some of the people at.
Speaker 1: There, like our president really did people get.
Speaker 4: Away with stuff? And so I think there's a future for did Hey. I know, and there's people out there that I went down to the courthouse during the trial. I've never I hadn't seen this passion for him in twenty years.
Speaker 1: And find that bizarre.
Speaker 4: But I think it wasn't about him. It was about a person of color beating the system or being tied up in a system. And I understand that narrative, and it's there's a lot of truth to that narrative. He was the wrong messenger, but but there is like hear I was like all a lot of him, but I was like, the story is a great story, really dead that we don't need him, but we don't need him.
Speaker 1: And he's good, but the characters that are not so.
Speaker 4: Great, right, So I think Denny's gonna have come back. Jessica Simpson's trying to come back, but I think that that ship has sailed, you know, is it okay? It's just that level of thing, you know, God bless Jennifer j Lo. She'll never stop. I just I saw her at the Golden Globes in that dress, and I just I love her. I just she is our fall on drag queen. And she would say to herself, it is ruble is She's just the year that I went with her to the Golden Globe she looked as ridiculous in the fabulous way. She's like Jessica Rabbit. She looked like just so. And she got out the car and I did chuckle. I was like, oh gosh, and we brought down the carpet and everybody went nuts except the other celebrities who didn't really like her. Oh and they were all a bit mean to her. And Jennifer's spoken about this. She's like, they don't really like me. They look down their nose in the same way that the movie stars look down their nose at TV stars, and TV stars look down their nose at reality stars, they sort of look down their nose a little bit at jay Loo. And what I learned from Jennifer, and it's such a good lesson, is screw them. I'm Jayla. She doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Why do they look down on her?
Speaker 4: I think I think that she's so theatrical, She's so confident. She makes them feel very vulnerable in her sexuality, like the boobs and the hips, and you know before before Kim people, Kim Kardashian people were not doing this. Julia Robins did not do that. Meryl Street Plane doing that, like Jennifer turns up as a full on theatrical production, and I think that bugs them. I also think too there's questions about her talent versus her success, and her success is so large, and I think these actors that went to Julia hard and went to training in classical environments and probably there's a bit of jealousy there. There's a bit of jealousy.
Speaker 1: I can see that. I mean, I think that she is very much a testament to hard work WORRD. She looks amazing every day.
Speaker 4: Christmas Day, like she's beautiful to begin with, assuming, but she I went to the gym with her once. What a mistake. After twenty minutes on that rowing machine, I was ready for Margaritea.
Speaker 1: Despite the fact that she puts in the work talent wise, I could see why some people.
Speaker 4: Be modest talent like her talent is being Jennifer Like. What she's done is she's created a character of Jlo that is far more interesting than any character she'll ever play on a film, and so that bugs them, and that's why.
Speaker 1: It was a banger.
Speaker 4: I loved it, and that's why it's difficult to like to really go and see a JLO movie and believe you're watching anybody but Jaylo. Like the movies that work best for Jennifer made in Manhattans when you see when you see Jennifer in the character like because then then then it makes sense. But it's like it's like Madonna, and Madonna's way more interesting than any character she's ever going to play, and so it's hard to look past them. So I get it. I get why Jennifer annoys them, and I love that she's in another joke. Like Jennifer said, a lot of those Hollywood people take themselves so seriously.
Speaker 1: We've had her in here a few times. She takes her soul seriously. At least when she was in here, she took herself very seriously.
Speaker 4: I like work seriously. But yeah, they've all come through here, they've all come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really have. I haven't been here for a lot of it, but I love picking your brain about your favorites. So, Jennifer Lope has one of your great.
Speaker 4: Spade changed my life. I was Kate Spade's publicist. Makes you rest in peace and just quality and smart and decent, and she'ld say thank you notes. And she taught me how you can get your own way by being nice and being kind and being decent is part of life. And so I learned a lot from from her. I really enjoyed Tyra Banks The World End of Tire. Oh there's a lot of choss. Oh she's a whacker dottle. I love her. I loved her. I really liked Jessica Simpson. Like Jessica made me giggle. Jessica was so generous. If you went for dinner with Jessica, she was not a real housewive. She paid for the whole restaurant, but she was so generous and then after work if we were out at NAWD show and she'd give me her driver to take me home afterwards, like she was that girl. She was like she was really grateful about the money and the success. And when she got divorced from Nick and she had to write a massive check, she was like cool, She's like, I'll make it back. But she was not that money or yeah, she certainly did. She was really really cool. I loved working with John bon Jovi. I love the big hair, and I liked all that, like all the hands and ladies. I loved John Clear. I had a concert once don't know where. We got off a plane and you land in a city and you don't really know where you are, and you went to the venue and I saw out the corner of my eye just two minutes before the show started, and I'm in the pit with the photographers because I my whole job. I was paid a fortune to work for about six minutes. Because the moment John's hair flopped, I had to get the photographers out of the pit. So wander dead, Aura like get about and it was glare at me about his body's got all the body's got lightly hair. It gets a little humid, he had to kick the photographers up, and so that I used to stand in the pit and I could see out the corner of my eye this woman with enormous boobs walking towards me, and she had a slippery when wet t shirt on, and she would have had sex with me to get to John like it was the first time as a gay guy that I've ever experienced that sort of that that devotion, that that star passion yessosis that I did know what a group he was like, you don't meet a group you with Tyra Banks put with Sharp on show. They were really sexually charged.
Speaker 1: And he seemed like he enjoyed that part of if you, oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: This is so nought. I shouldn't tell the story, but I will. On the stage, they had little pits on the stage, and you couldn't buy a ticket for the pit. You had to be given a wristband by normally a security guard and they called it forgive me you might have to bleep me here. They call it the pussy pit. And so they would find very attractive girls to put in the pit, so that as the show went on, if John got a little bored or Richie. They could look down and see these beautiful women. Half of them were like very scantily dressed and security with given that John had upset me on the plane, and so I got two pussy Pit bands and I found the most unlikely candidates physically to be a bit. I had to around the find two girls in the corner with their glasses and I said, ladies, have I got a surprise for you. I've got two tickets to the pussy Pit and I put them in there and Jod was singing a ballad and he almost gasped, Wow, if you two ladies are listening, you're gorgeous. Like you're gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're listening, as Alicia.
Speaker 4: Like, it's so weird now now that I don't work with these people, they know me. I was in their lives like we're text with email. I've bumped into a few of them at parties, and it's so interesting because some of them pretend they don't know me. I know. It's almost like, well the staff, it's free down to abbey. I've seen too.
Speaker 1: Much behind the curtain. Also is a little embarrassing for them.
Speaker 4: I'm careful what to saying, not because I'm trying to be evasive, but I think you can tell stories with a bit of love. Like it's a love letter to celebrity, my life, my calor, my substack. It's a love letter to celebrities. And I think it's in the title I'm naughty but nice. I'm a nice guy and I like a pinch. But I don't like a punch. You can't punch, but you can pinch. You're a picture. You're a good picture. You're a good picture. I like a pinch like my friends for drigs. Honestly, if you're listening to love alone, my nicest friends are a bit dull. My awful friends are wildly entertaining in the middle. If you could be naughty but nice, then you've won.
Speaker 1: So you're winning. And I love the celebrities that you loved. And I will end here because I know everybody has to go, but celebrities who are menaces and real life that you are. Like absolutely, if I saw someone I knew dating this person, I would break that up.
Speaker 4: Oh such a good one. I mean, I think I've already given it away with Bethany. Bethany is just a bad, bad, bad human being. I worked for Lara Spencer and Good Morning America, and that was not pleasant. Lara's a tough, tough devil. That was not a fun experience.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I love the the glamour of it, but being Naomi Campbell's publicist wasn't easy either. That was allegedly that was a lot. That was a lot. That was a lot of drama that that I don't think I want to be part of, you know. And I've seen people be really rude. I've seen Ariana Grandy be really nasty. I've seen it, like it didn't happen to me, but I've been at events where I've seen her people be really nasty for no reason. It's all at the security. Martha makes me laugh there because she's just so nasty. It's just it's just so like Martha. Hello, I like Martha makes me laugh. Who else?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: He's a friend of the show, so let me tread carefully. But Jimmy Fallon's got an edge.
Speaker 1: Really, that's that's that's not surprising because I've heard it.
Speaker 4: But I want to be friends with the Andy Cohen that I watch for thirty minutes every night at eleven o'clock on That isn't the Andy Cone you meet.
Speaker 1: What about the Andy?
Speaker 4: I think it's fun and cheeky and sassy. Andy on camera is who you want to know?
Speaker 1: Is he wore that guy?
Speaker 4: You know, he's quite quite mean. There's a meanness to him.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm working on this new story on sub Stack that Sarah Jessica wasn't so kind to people on Sex and the City, and Kim Catrell has told that story, and now Chris Nof looks like he's going to tell it too, that Sarah wasn't the kindest. And so you know, you can look around your office wherever you work today. You know the good ones, you know the bad ones, and you know people have good and bad days. You do know the stinkers. You do know the stinkers. And at the top of it for me are the ones. It's probably reality stars who are just nasty without any credentials.
Speaker 1: How it goes though it is it is insecurity, as you know.
Speaker 4: And I don't think give you because you're really talented. I'm not going to say because you're Barbara Streyis and you can be really awful because you're the best singer in the world who are allowed to be awful. I don't want to go down that road. But I often find the ones with the least are the ones that are the nastiest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same, I feel the same word.
Speaker 4: Which is why we are lovely, because we've got.
Speaker 1: So much, so much everything at our fingertips. All right, you were a book coming out.
Speaker 4: I do thank you for this pre ordering. Now, so have a book coming out. It started with a whisper. This is my very first novel. It's based on I had my own TV show, a morning show on VH one, and it's four gossip columnists, four entertainment experts, insiders who've got a morning show, and this book is based on that. So four of us in the entertainment world we get a morning show on a really dodgy cable network that's struggling VICH one, and and we we pay, we pay our bills telling stories about celebrities. Very quickly there in the book, it becomes very clear that the real secrets, the real stories, are about us. I'm gonna get this book available from Amazon, comes out in the spring. If you get it today, it helps me just with like algorithms and pre numbers, pre pre sales. But it's available now for pre sale. It started with the whisper at Amazon dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, amazing. And last thing, do you have a blind item for us?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: A good blind item too, I have. I don't know. I should ask me before so I could come with one I have. Oh which chef did I see recently? And whole foods bending over in the vegetable section and not wearing any underwear. It's a male. Oh no, I could see. I could see right down in his jeans, a.
Speaker 1: Chef right down his jees. Does it rhyme with Robbie.
Speaker 4: You've got a very good imagination. Bobby wear some underwear Bobby.
Speaker 1: People want to find you online on substack.
Speaker 4: Go to substack. That's all I care about. All the other stuff is nonsense.
Speaker 1: I don't care about.
Speaker 4: It's very nice, but that substack is like my priority. I'm loving it. So if you want it, and you don't have to be a member of substack, it's not like this private little community. Go to substack dot com. Type in rob shoes so it's that easy. My name will pop up. It's a big old picture of me. You can't miss it. Type in your email address and then that's it. You'll get. You'll get a newsletter three four times a day with all the breaking news. It takes less than two minutes to read. It's not on these big, long, rambling New York Times emails. It's really sure. You can read it literally while you're in the elevator, and then you get all your news.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Thank you for coming back, and I have to have you come back again.
Speaker 4: I'll come back when the book sad.
Speaker 1: I love it. Okay, Diamond, did you get the info that you wanted?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: And yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you not get enough info on?
Speaker 3: Was he actually working with Alicia Keys when she when she ruined that, but he didn't. He didn't answer that, which is kind of smart for him, right because I'll never tell you. I want to hear more about Bethany Frankel. You know she started a new app for what a dating app?
Speaker 1: But is she dating?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's back out there. I don't know her billionaire producer boyfriend. They broke up. Remember that was a big deal. That was probably like two years ago. Now she's been reeling from it. I don't care what anyone says.
Speaker 1: Okay whatever. Breaking up with a billionaire myself, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and he seemed like cool for her.
Speaker 3: You know. But she started this new dating app and she claims that she has like a small society of people that she's tested it on and they all love it. But people are saying that it's horrible. So I'm like, what's different about it that it's like a closed society. And also, I guess they do some type of vetting process to make sure you're serious, like elite dating. Yes, I don't know all that, all the details. Yeah, but she tried to make it seem like the vetting is so intense that like you will find someone because everyone is serious about finding somebody. I don't think that that's the way that you sell something because there's always going to be someone who slips between the cracks.
Speaker 1: And also terrifies me. Yeah, I like, I like, you know me, I like to play it my ear easy breezy, fly by the seat of my pants. Someone comes out and be like, I'm here for it, let's go. I would have a heart.
Speaker 3: Attack, but yeah, there are way more women who want that, apparently. I know that scares me too, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: So I have a friend who is like, he's going through a divorce right now, and he's fucking miserable and also weird. I don't know what's happening with him, but he's being goofy about a lot of stuff, and he is just so hell bent on how a relationship is supposed to be and that is it. And I'm like, I gotta say, maybe you being so rigid about things is kind of what the problem is, Like, just be easy, dog, ease up.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, we've seen never mind, go ahead. I was gonna use Scottie as an example. It's working out for him. He's very he's very serious about specific things in a relationship, and he continues to find it.
Speaker 1: So I have so many questions because I don't think he hides it. No, So people are just accepting of.
Speaker 2: That absolutely, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And you don't even know if you're listening, you don't even know. It's so dark and deep. And I'll say, till the day I died, the fact that anyone thought we were having an affair, which he really plays into haha, No, I think.
Speaker 2: That that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's rude.
Speaker 3: It's still funny to me. I'm sorry it was me, but the fact that it's not me makes it funny.
Speaker 1: When I first got the call, I was laughing because I was like, this is hilarious, Like, what on the planet?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What this is?
Speaker 3: For real?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I'm offended? Now I'm offended. Cool, that's fine. Meanwhile, my boyfriend's like, has anything ever gone on?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It would have gotten blocked. He would have gotten blocked for that. Of all people, Scottie, That's what.
Speaker 1: I said, and I have no doubt that he was somewhere saying the exact same thing. Of all people, this bitch, no one is meaner to me than her?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: But alas, apparently that made for chemistry so great. On that note, we'll have to have Rob back him for sure, please, so that you can ask him a gazillion more questions. He dropped something off the air that I don't even think we can repeat. Can we repeat the reason somebody doesn't go to an award show because of somebody else?
Speaker 3: Probably not, But I think that soon we'll be able to get back into it, because there are little things like kind of sparking.
Speaker 1: Easter eggs, yeah, hints, clues whatever. Okay, yeah, I'll just say this, Oh this will be our blind item. Okay, A very famous celebrity mom with a company apparently refuses to go to award shows because someone else is at these award shows who she hates, who might have a sibling in a similar field.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: Not as good as Robbi shme I definieve. I can't wait to talk to him about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to create that is that's intense, all right.
Speaker 1: On that note, if people want to find you, Diamond, where they gonna.
Speaker 2: Find you at Diamond. Sincere on Instagram.
Speaker 1: And I am at Baby Hot Sauce Like follow, subscribe, Please follow the podcast Sauce on the side on Instagram. Leave us a talk back and we're gonna get to them, I promise. But until next time, stay bye Diamond Bye,