Speaker 1: Well, commit everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty a bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off, but only at bet three sixty five. It is me, Joey p back again. That of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jackson. I hope you missed me yesterday because you know today. I don't want to say we're starting off with negativity, but it's a negative story. So hope you got all the positivity I possibly could yesterday with Bubba because Welsh Mike Trout left his minor league rehab game yesterday already with nie soreness. Now I know it's just knee soreness. I know it's the first day, but that was not the plan. So I understand vying on the side of caution. But oh, Welsh, here we go again. What do we do here? You've waited so long for Mike Trout and here we go. Could we possibly be having a bigger delay? Are we gonna see him back by August? Or are we waiting here till September? Or not at all.
Speaker 2: It's like the South Park bit Mike Trout and he's gone, he's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gone.
Speaker 1: Oh you want Mike Trout, you want draft him? Okay, let me let me take him in the second round. Okay, that looks good. Oh and you got him in your starting outfitter and he's gone.
Speaker 3: And he's gone.
Speaker 1: I just drafted him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gone, he's gone. It's done. Uh yeah, No, I think this is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a bad pushback. I don't think it's gonna be anything crazy. I mean that Mike tells it's crazy. If you look at the Angels right there, just shut him down like they're not playing for anything. They're not going to trade him. There's no point. It's all just like conjecture. It's like, oh, well, like we want to like have him have a couple games going into next year, like it's just for funzies. There's no reality to it. What we were presented with was Mike Trout was going to do.
Speaker 3: A really small rehab.
Speaker 2: It's going to be like three games, two games, and then it was his call and he was coming up to the majors. That's fun. This I think is going to slow that track. Obviously, there's always a possibility. It could just be like normal realistic, like, oh, okay, he's fine, he's in two days and they.
Speaker 3: Start this backup.
Speaker 2: I think they probably are gonna slow this train out a little bit so mid August instead of getting him back right at the beginning of August, end of July. Here, it's probably like a mid August. But that's just me speculating. It's just not good when a guy who has a surgically repaired knee goes out in two innings and then hurts that thing right over again. Yeah, it just you're not gonna really be hoping too much for it. And I brought this up yesterday when you were in here, Joe. What's a bummer is if you were in the Joe, he's a Piist school of get this player off your team, trade him because of the risk. You didn't even really get that window. There was no you needed the window of him like having a couple of rehab games and like that didn't happen. And this is probably more of needing to realize you need to get rid of him if you even could on your fantasy deadline.
Speaker 1: Well, it did happen because you remember that incredible tear when he was so good. We had that whole show that we dedicated to trading Mike Trout. We did get that window. Okay, ye want to trade Mike Trout badly, and I'm glad that I did, because here we go again. Do you think that the three day rehab plan do you think it's because the Angels thought there were some teams kicking the tires that maybe we're gonna deal with Mike Trout. Do you think maybe he was a deadline guy kind of like under the radar.
Speaker 3: You know what, under the radar.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's definitely a possibility, But it's always been Trout's call. So it's always been if he wants to do it, every Angel's reporter because I saw there's like Foul Territory had somebody on and somebody else had another reporter. Every time the reporter's just kind of like their head goes back and they're just like, yeah, they're never gonna trade Mike Trout, So like.
Speaker 3: That's a possibility.
Speaker 2: But I do think the possibility is just this small little inkling of like, hey, if we have him back in a game healthy, we could entertain and present mister Mike Trout with those ideas, because what are.
Speaker 3: We holding on for? I can't. I can't believe.
Speaker 2: Outside of not wanting to uproot your house and stuff like that, why would you want to stay with the Angel?
Speaker 1: Like? Why? Oh? I mean, look, the problem is who wants to take the contract and that and that is a real problem. And the Angels are gonna have to eat some of that contract, whether they deal him in five days from now or whether they deal him. Can you deal someone on the IL? Are you allowed to do that? Major? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think they're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty because there talks about like how hazus Lozardo could be traded still on the IL. There was someone like five years ago that was traded on the IL. It is definitely a thing, but it has to be approved because like you know, the medicals can nix trades.
Speaker 3: It has to be like an approval.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, it doesn't bode well. I mean, look, let's say best case scenario, he takes today off, he plays Friday, Saturday, Sunday, he comes back for what Tuesday, and then maybe you could trade him on Wednesday. It's highly unlikely, but you know, hey, I'm sure he would love to go back and play for the Phillies and make a run at the World Series. I mean, Mike Trout in the playoffs is something we haven't seen much of. What I've seen six games, three games from.
Speaker 3: Him, so interesting.
Speaker 1: What what do.
Speaker 2: You think just off the top of your head, knowing everything we've done, remember how amazing he was at the beginning of the year. This is always the story with Mike Trout. Where do you think he's going to rank next season? Because he was all over this season between like fifty and seventy that was like a pretty good mic Trout range, Like knowing with all the injuries, he did perform super super well, but this just seems like it's never gonna end.
Speaker 3: Where do you think you would maybe put him?
Speaker 1: And we're not gonna hold you outfielders or overall overall, Okay, overall I think is a tougher question. Outfielders, I think is an easy one. I mean, he can't be in the top fifteen hitters. There's no way I can't put him there. I don't think I can put him in the top twenty hitters. I'm sure I'm looking at them right now, Like, what.
Speaker 3: Was your easy outfield. You said it was easy, So what's the easy.
Speaker 1: Well, I think in terms of outfielder, that's a much easier thing to do because outfield is already kind of sparse, like you can go through that. I'm just looking at the productivity right now in MLB of the outfielders. Is he a top fifteen outfielder? Probably, I think still theoretically he's in that range, But overall he's outside the top twenty for sure. I can name twenty players that'd rather have him fantasy, just position players that I would feel better about making that investment in. Yeah, well, it includes all the Brian Reynolds. I mean how about that? I mean, would you take Mike Troud to Brian Renolds?
Speaker 3: No? See, And I think that's where you're getting more to the point you were saying.
Speaker 2: Top should take Jared Duran or would you take Mike That's funny. Jared Durant was the one I was gonna sit on here. I'm liking Jaron Duran, Duran and Reynolds whatever. Duran and Reynolds are probably like fifth round guys like that. In this year, Reynolds was like, you know, seventy five eighty overall Duran was outside the top one hundred. They're both probably like in the top fifty ish. Trout has to be after them with the injury, though we know the production was there. I think Mike Goose said seventh or eighth round that's probably.
Speaker 3: His redraft ish value at this point.
Speaker 2: It's continuously backtracking, even though he was one of the most productive players overall when he was held healthy the win.
Speaker 3: He's healthy, it is so prominent in and are never healthy. Look at that one right there by fred Dinger Rooker.
Speaker 1: I was looking at that one, Rooker or Trout, and I think that's just a matter of volume. At this point, Rooker is going to have back to back seasons where he is incredibly useful. I think it's really hard to I would still, like, in my heart, i'd probably take Trout. Still, here's the thing. Rooker's gonna put up back to back thirty home run seasons right now? No, right, I mean, when's the last time Mike Trout has done that?
Speaker 3: And I'm not looking, it's probably three years ago.
Speaker 2: Back to back, oh, back to back, probably like eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna look, let's see, that's a fun game to play. When's the last time he's had back to back thirty home run seasons. I gotta have to go.
Speaker 2: It's probably going it's probably gonna surprise you if we're being honest.
Speaker 1: Here, really you think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have I have the numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh, back to back eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: I'm so smart, am I Just that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Five years ago.
Speaker 3: Long time is a long time ago, and they got.
Speaker 1: Who you were five years ago thirty three.
Speaker 2: We neither one of us worked at Fantasy Pros. I think we were doing though the Fantasy Black Book podcast.
Speaker 1: I think we were five years ago. Pandemic. There was one at toilet Paper. It was. It was a good time to be a yeah, all right. Speaking of depressing outfielders, Julio Rodriguez goes to the ten day Ail with the wretched dreaded high ankle spray for a while. Mm hmm. They throw that high ankle on there. That's gonna be you know, more like weeks, not days. So John Didniclesse gets brought up from Triple A. We'll keep an eye on that. But returning was Jordan Montgomery yesterday, five innings, one run ball that was good against the Royals. Paul Skens going into the night didning. How fun was that? I mean it ended up not working out the ninth, but still eight strikeouts, eight and a third against the Cardinals. It was great to see a guy like Skiings go out there. The ballpark was fired up. I think it was like the Dogs at the Park night too, and the dogs had mustaches. Everybody had mustaches. Very exciting thing. What did you think of Paul Skeen's trying to go out there in the night. I thought that was really great to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was super efficient too, by the way, Like I was monitoring because I had the case strikeout prop on him and it was like seventy eight through seven or something like that, and they just let him go. I love that they didn't pull the Jared Jones thing, remember where it was like it didn't matter how.
Speaker 3: Many pitches it was fifth inning and he was just kind of crossed out.
Speaker 2: I kind of think it's pretty telling about how they're going to treat Paul Skeins the rest of the way through. Coming off of an All Star game where you started and you know the potential innings cap that could be out there. That was a situation where it's like, hey, guys, we got seven out of skins seventy pitches. But but boom, let's clean our hands and let's move on. I actually think that was very telling about how aggressive they're going to be for the people that are really like he's gonna get shut down like it just I don't.
Speaker 3: I think they're just gonna roll it out.
Speaker 2: They're gonna let him roll no matter what, especially if you're gonna go to the ninth. It didn't work out like you said. He also wasn't super strikeout efficient. He only had eleven total whiffs, though he had had fifty four swings on one hundred and four pitches, so over fifty percent were swung through. There was a lot of foul tips, there were a lot of called strikes, twenty two called strikes. That's a wild number. So he was efficient in that standpoint, and he is just one of the best pitchers in baseball, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Great, it was great to see, very encouraging. Also encouraging two guys in Chicago, Jamison ty On one run, seven and a third inning, struck out just three. But still, Thailand's been very solid here. He could really help somebody in a rotation. Garret Crochet, also a Chicago guy at least for now, two earned runs over four innings, striking out seven against the Rangers. Now, of course they lost, because well that's what the White Sox do. But tai on Crochet, is this the last start for the respective Chicago clubs for both these guys.
Speaker 2: I think it's the last start for Crochet because you're really risking it, for like, because twenty fourth now, so you pitch on like the twenty ninth or thirty like, you're really risking it. I'd say that's the last one for him. Maybe Tyne gets one more. I could see him being last man. I think a lot of teams are going to be hyper focused on can you get Crochet? Can you get Flaherty. The backup plan might be a guy like Fetti. So I'm not really one hundred percent sure where Tywne fits in that mold, So he might be just one of those trade deadline deals.
Speaker 3: But I do think both of these guys will get traded. I do believe that.
Speaker 2: But I think Crochet that I think that was his last start.
Speaker 1: It was a good one here from Barry Langford or Trout. Going back to that conversation for a moment, I would take Langford next year. Yeah, there's zero chill or hesitation for me on that zero.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to probably look at Langford like the injury is just its mounts so big, it's just not worth really taking.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can argue, like anything inside the top one hundred, taking the risk of him missing fifty games, it's just not worth doing. And I think that's like a real argument. So guys like Langford will be inside the top fifty.
Speaker 1: He hasn't played one hundred and fifty games since twenty sixteen. Yeah, one hundred and fourteen games, one hundred and forty games, one hundred and thirty four games of the COVID year, fifty three games, so that's a pass thirty six games in twenty twenty one, one hundred and nineteen and twenty two, eighty two, and twenty twenty three, and so far just twenty nine this year. I mean, it's just absurd. It's like it sucks. He's a great talent, He's a bad fantasy investment. That's it. That's the only thing. And you know, we had I remember we had a great conversation going into the year two about the value of Mike Trout being at low and you made a really good case for buying, and it looked really good for a while. And I know Pianowski made a case on the other side and one of the shows we did where he was like, look, I just can't invest in the guy anymore until he shows me he can give you a full season, and respirted this to be the case. Scott Pianowski is one of my favorite guys because he's one of these guys who just delivers hard truths everywhere and I love Scott for it and he's right and until he delivers it, like I think, even that eighty to one hundred range, you have to really think about do I want to take Mike Trout or a number three solid starter in my rotation. That's a conversation you can have to have with yourself next year, And it's gonna be a fun one to have in the offseas next year because I think it's gonna be a lot of varying opinions. Also good yesterday. Luis Heal won run five innings Tuesday, but another no decision because the Mets own the Yankees. I don't know when that's happened recently, but they didn't. I don't think it's gonna go today. I don't think they get swept today. More on that later in the show. Just for fun, the Orioles and the Dodgers apparently are interested in Tarik Schooble. Here's a question for you, Welsh, which two teams is better suited in your opinion to pull off that kind of deal for a guy like Schooble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked a little bit about school yesterday. I think Baltimore, Well, these are the two teams. Did you say, Baltimore and the Dodgers. Those are the one in two teams that are good for this. I think it's Baltimore by a landslide though, and what they're willing.
Speaker 3: To give up. But as I said here yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't think Terry Scooble gets traded Bubba does, so you can break the tie here. I think this is to me, it's not quite Brandon Ayukau is not getting traded from the Niners strong.
Speaker 3: But like I just think.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to trade a player like Terry's schoobl And also, why would you trade him unless you are getting something you can't say no to, and teams don't want to do moves that you can't say no to, and in an Orioles trade that you can't move away from. It's like Jackson Holiday, Kobe Mayo or Kobe Mayo or Holiday and then two or three other huge pieces. And if you're not willing to do that, that's why it's not going to happen. I think it's going to be too difficult. I say, Terry School does not get moved. But Baltimore is the team that would do it.
Speaker 1: Baltimore has the goods to do it. I agree, it's a Baltimore or bust for me, and it would be Baltimore, like give it up big pieces like a Mayo or Hurst Dad, Kurs Dad or Jackson Holiday plus or whatever it is. And if I'm the Orioles, I do that because this is your window. You've been bad so long. You are super relevant right now. You are coming off a year where you exceed the expectations. Now you have expectations, the fan base demands something. I think a tation with scooball Burns and Grayson Rodriguez is good enough to put you over the hump. I think that is a world series, winning as a championship.
Speaker 2: So do you think, but do you think the Tigers will trade Trek Scooble.
Speaker 1: I think the Baltimo Orioles should. I don't think the Tigers will get offered enough. So at the end I agree, I don't think he does go. But man, oh man, I really want I mean, I think Baltimore should make that move. I really do. Uh. Also fun Keston Hira designated for assignment. So Hero was crushing a triple A yet again. He had a buck forty eight four for twenty seven with no homers. Unbelievable. Has there been a more of a quad A player than Kesten Hera in the last ten years?
Speaker 3: It might be they of it too. Yeah sucks. It stinks.
Speaker 1: He was student, it does.
Speaker 3: He was one of the best scouted college bats in his draft.
Speaker 2: He came out. He was in the AFL. I remember me and Bill Mitchell from Baseball America.
Speaker 3: We did a dual interview with him when he won MVP. It was either in the championship game or from the AFL.
Speaker 2: Just made all this his big high front leg kick, but he made all this contact, all these things where work.
Speaker 3: It's so great. And then it just never never worked. It's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: How could a guy be so good at the level right below the minor league. I can only assume it's mental. And I can't blame Milwaukee because Milwaukee gave him lots of opportunities and they gave him a lot of birth there and it just it's crazy to me. And then you think, Okay, maybe enough of an organization, a different you know, a reset. Nope, like that has not happened for him either, and he's been a couple different places now, so just wild, all right. Rookie lookie is also depressing today, sorry folks. Christian Scott goes to the fifteen day io with the right elbow ucl sprain. So this is not good news for him nor for Mets fans. I hate to be doing gloom, but here we go again. If it's not Tommy John, I'd be shocked. And we'll see how it goes. And this chat was blowing up everybody talking about this today, and the Mets are in a precarious situation here. They're right in the wildcar thick of it. I think the Mets can have their cake and eat it too. I think they could deal a lot bring up Baty, put Vento's at first, and keep churning over this roster. I just wrote up, you know, the buy sell over for Fansboros dot com, and I put Alonzo in the cell. And I put him there because he had one good month of June. Every other month he's at two forty or less. The power hasn't been nearly as prolific as it's been. He only had one month so far where he's had a slugging percentage over five hundred, and that was that same month of June. So to me, I'm looking at Alonzo's like he's replaceable at this point, and he's a player that seems to be going on a negative trajectory the last couple of years. I think the Mets, I know it's gonna be unpopular, but if you don't think you're going to invest in him, then don't keep him around for this quote unquote run because it's kind of nonsense and phony. You're not really a contender. You're kind of a good story. Still, trade Alonso, move Vientos to first, bring Baty up again, who's been hitting, and let the kids play. See if you can get some real big productivity here. I'm sure the Mariners are desperate for a bat like Alonzo right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I completely agree, But I think the problem is these teams coming to terms with where they are and who they are. I think Peter Alonzo three months ago was like, this will be the number one guy at the deadline traded, but now everyone's like just not sure, Like where are the Mets at.
Speaker 3: I think there are teams.
Speaker 2: That can make moves that doesn't completely decimate still the opportunity while bettering their team for the future, because I'm not really sure Peter Alonzo actually makes this team exponentially.
Speaker 3: Better right now.
Speaker 2: So if you can put Vienta like we can someone in the chatterre doing it, we can discuss if Brett Baty is like good or not. But if you can go and trade Alonzo and you can get a couple like near major league ready prospects.
Speaker 3: You know, then you got to start looking.
Speaker 2: They've got Drew Gilbert and the Miners, who's had an injury plague season, Luisan Helakunya, Ryan Clifford, They've made tons of moves of Vento's has worked out. They've got Blake Tidwell, they've got Sprout in the as far as rotation help, they've got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of signe Jackie Bradley Junior.
Speaker 3: There's a game, but they've.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of good like young minor league guys that Yeah, I think it would make sense, but these teams coming to terms with who they are with like six days to go at the deadline is the key, and I don't know if there's anybody that's beaten down the door. Hell, you got to look at the Mariners. Mariners got to look in the mirror right now after losing Julio with a high ankle spring. Yes, they're in it, but like, do they go and mortgage the future with Julio's health in question? Because one bat is not going to fix their problem though.
Speaker 1: No, but that's a bat that you should trade for see if he likes the culture and he's a good fit, and then sign him to a long term deal. Alonzo makes more sense long term for the Mariners in the next two to three years than for the Mets. He just does in my opinion, like he's just a better fit for what they need and they meet a guy to protect their star. The Mets need a star and they don't have one right now, So they're going in a whole different trajectory. They're still rebuilding. By the way, Brett Bady thirty five games is getting sent down two eighty nine, three seventy eight, five eighty five A, nine to sixty three ops, eleven homers, eleven eleven homers and thirty five games, thirty one RBI. Whether you believe in Brett Bay or not, he has earned another opportunity to try to be the everyday three.
Speaker 2: It'd be a nice fantasy boon too, because that would be another corner infielder if he got every day at bats, if you could throw him back out, if he were to get traded, that would be someone you'd have to speculate on in deeper leagues for sure.
Speaker 1: Agreed all right, three up and three down. Tyler O'Neil nineteen and twenty two homers yesterday could tell Marte two for three with a two run bomb, and Zach Wheeler seven scoreless innings, seven k's a good day for him against the Twinkies. A bad day for Tyler Bloch, who gave up six six runs and two and a third innings. Jake Bloss he was bad too, five earned five innings, Black and blah black bloss bloss black, and of course the White Sox. He made a collective I haven't done this all year. A team down. Nine straight losses for the White Sox. Nine things are not good. Also injury news, Kyle Tucker apparently progressing to outfield work. Still a little tender, his bones are still a little tender. Gonna drink some more milk, Gotta do. Rockies activated Chris Brian from the I L There you goes. We'll see how along that last. Keaton Wynn was shut down because of new soreness in that elbow. Andrew Painter apparently is progressing to throwing out the bullpen off the flat mounts, so we'll see how that goes. Jarree Mateo was removed Tuesday with a left elbow injury, which is interesting because again playing time with the Orioles infield. Well, so that's always an interesting piece, right.
Speaker 2: I was told I should not look at that injury by Manteo. By the way, it was warned to me, Yeah, that like that because I don't do Injuri as well, like I don't like like visual bad ones. And I saw the tweets and it was like, hey, don't look at this injury by Mateo's arms shouldn't go that direction.
Speaker 3: So I haven't looked at it. I won't look at it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Anthony calling me to the mat saying, Joe, the Mets have Lindor. He's a star. Lol. I know he's doing it sarcastically. But again, they have the they don't have the Acunyas, they don't have the old Tani's, they don't have a Soda or a Judge. The Yankees have two of those guys, which is why they are where the Yankees are. And if you're gonna be the Mets, yeah, going into next year, if you go sign and throw a whole bunch of money at one Sodo, he'll come. He'll go to the highest bidder, make no mistake about it. It doesn't matter Yankees, it doesn't matter. He's a Boris guy. It's just about one thing. It's about money. So Soda will go wherever. So if Uncle Stevie wants to pay him, he'll go there. And then Lindora is a nice player around him. Alonso would be another nice player around him. But unless you have a star, it is very difficult major League Baseball. The Oriols are where the Oriels are because Gunnar Henderson is a star okay period, Starling Marte. He's progressing as well to running on the field yesterday. That's exciting. And Max Schurzer is gonna start Thursdays despite the arm fatigue. Hold your breath. Texas Rangers. Jose Miranda's gonna begin his minor league rehab assignment on Wednesday. I still think Sure's are and the Dodgers. I think it's gonna be a weird reuniting there. I'm telling you, I feel it if my bones. Welsh, we'll see Jared Jones threw from flat ground on Tuesday, so that's exciting. Also, j Domingaz took live VP on Monday, and Code I Senga will make his debut on Friday against the Braves. Code I Senga back on Friday, Welsh, how excited are you for that? Star?
Speaker 2: Very excited for Code I Senga. Very excited for strikeouts. That's what I'm here for. I'm here for the Senga strikeouts. I will put him out there. The Braves are swinging and a whiffing. They're getting beat up as we speak. Right now, Reds are up four to nothing, so it's a great time to wack cong braves.
Speaker 1: No Albi's they're missing some guys.
Speaker 2: Go they're missing matt Olsen. Nope, but Harton, where the hell is he?
Speaker 1: While he's there? He's just not producing. He's been to disappointment. You know. I thought last year was the coming out party for matt Olsen to be like just a rock star. It's not going well the follow up. But Austin Riley's made a nice turnaround, so that's good. By the way. You know what else is exciting? Welsh? What wagering?
Speaker 3: It's time for the best bets of the day with.
Speaker 1: Joey p and the Welsh. Don't forget everybody. Place your bets over at Bet three sixty five. Betive bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you do. All you got to do is use that promo code leading off. Get in there at bet three sixty five today, and don't forget everybody. If you have a gambling problem called one one hundred gambler or one eight hundred bets off in Iowa, terms and conditions apply, Welsh. I'm going right for the jugular today with the New York Yankees staying off embarrassment of getting swept in their ballpark. It's not gonna happen. So give me the Yankees on the run line minus one and a half at plus one twenty five with Garrett Cole on the mount against Sean Manaia. Give me Aaron Judge, who walked what four times yesterday? It was i'mbelieving you just walked all day. Just walk, Aaron Judge. Give me RBI total over point five plus one fourteen for Aaron Judge, and give me the over strikeouts for Garrett Cole against the New York Mets, a trifecta in that game six and a half k is. Give me the over at minus one oh five. That's a good number on all three of those bets. One game. You could sit back and watch it all unfold, or you can even put it together in some places as a parlay in the game Parlay edition, Welsh, what do you have on this glorious Wednesday in the summer.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I'd like to see that same game parlay is probably like seven to one. Maybe play them all and just put like you get.
Speaker 1: Them all in there. I'm gonna try and see if.
Speaker 2: You probably the RBI is going to be probably the tricky one that put in the same game parlay.
Speaker 3: But if you can, I think, hell, while.
Speaker 1: You talking amongst yourselves, I'll see if i can juice something here with something for Judge and the rest of it into one thing.
Speaker 2: So I'm going with the Boston Red Sox first five minus point five, so up by a run through the first five innings up against Colorado Pavetta's on the mound. Obviously that lineup has been great. Quantrill has been their best pitcher in Colorado. But I like the matchup for Boston minus won twenty for them to be up by a run through the first five. Going with a rookie, little rookie lookie Chase McDermott with the Orioles is making his debut. He had been essentially like the leader in strikeouts and the miners because he had been there for some time. But really great strikeout numbers in Triple A. It's at only four and a half and it's plus money.
Speaker 3: These rookies can be risky.
Speaker 2: It can be risky business throwing you know, a guy that you don't know. If they could go seventy five or eighty, I would expect they want him to eat some innings in this one, and it's just a pretty good matchup. So give me McDermott plus money or even money at four and a half and then I'm gonna just take Philly money line minus one thirty with Aaron Nola on the mound. Philly has got to start picking up some games. I feel like I have been picking on the Azer, picking Philly a whole lot to get these wins, and they just keep dropping them. An Aaron Nola game, get them right. So Philly full game, money line, Boston up by a run through the first five, and Chase McDermott on the strikeouts today after what was a pretty.
Speaker 3: Disappointing day yesterday. It was not that he would for me. All right, did you find out what the same game?
Speaker 1: But did here you go Yankees run line minus one and a half, Cole over on the strikeouts six and a half and just Judge to get a hit, which is minus two hundred juice plus three sixty three. There you go better than three to one on that not bad at all, that's great. So a dominant Garrett Cole victory and a hit for Aaron Judge gets you more than three to one on your money. Those, my friends, are of course the best bets of the day, and don't forget make sure you place those bets over at bet three sixty five and use the betting pros apps. Start betting smarter, not harder. Welsh, Look who's here on the home run board? Oh my god, it's a penguin. At twenty seven homers, I am hanging on by a thread with others in quotes at twenty six, still el scale at the top of thirty five. So I'm not gonna win this year. So I'm not gonna light the Vlad Guerrero bat on fire most likely, although you never know I could ever run in me. You know, my perpetuity guys have been pretty good some of those years. But Welsh, where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back to Gunner. Gunner has not done me right. We were actually were trying to figure out I think it was yesterday Fred Dinger popped in and said, of my twenty two homers, Gunner Henderson has accounted.
Speaker 3: For six of them.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 2: You know, so almost thirty percent of my homers have been Gunner so far this year. And it's gonna take a while for me to get on the board. I love the matchup today. I've been kind of behind. I had Tyler O'Neal the other day. He hits two yesterday. Yes, yeah, I'm gonna go with Gunner. I'm gonna go with Gunner to try to get me back on the board.
Speaker 1: Anthony's got a question here before I get to my home run, called well, anything on Junior Camonaro production et.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, I made a ya. Anthony asked this question a lot in the chat, but it's actually a really good question.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to get it on here, because he asked it like three.
Speaker 3: Times and and I answered, and he had a follow up question to it. So here's the deal.
Speaker 2: The logic to it is their Rays are putting out esock parades, and if they trade esock parades, they could bring up Cam and Arrow.
Speaker 3: I buy that. I totally buy that. So the best.
Speaker 2: Case scenario would be within the next week. But it's the Rays, and I don't know if they're playing for best case scenarios. So I had responded saying mid August, listen, if you want to go into this is a great time. If he's sitting on on the wire to go and pick and hold him up. But every step of the way, every step of the way with Junior Camenaro, it's been wrong and the Rays want to hold guys back for more control. I would ask you, is there a possibility that the Rays could hold Junior Cameraro back all the way through September so he doesn't exhaust his eligibility for next year.
Speaker 3: Yes, they could, because it's the Ray.
Speaker 2: They could logic though, in the next week, if Parades goes away, Junior's back, He's activated triple A.
Speaker 3: He's been hitting homers.
Speaker 2: I don't think you want to have bad will on a player and he keep him down for too long. So I do think he's up in August, but I would say it's August first, between and August fifteenth. I don't think it's a guarantee. If Parades gets traded, they just immediately go and throw uh Junior Camerero back up in the majors. I just don't think that is a one hundred percent guarantee. So you know, like take you got to take your shots.
Speaker 3: I get it, but I don't know if it's gonna pay off.
Speaker 1: They're four and a half out of the Wildcard. I think a lot of has to do with how they go this weekend. I think a lot they.
Speaker 2: Could look at it that if this is one of those kind of like that met situation where like, you're competing, you don't want to sell off all these pieces while you're competing, not that you know, like they're not playing for.
Speaker 1: Them, but they're not pressed to bring up the start o'clock and the Rays are notoriously the worst.
Speaker 2: But what you could do is you could trade parades and then you immediately come back in with junior Cameron Arrow and say, hey, we're still competing. But this is like talking This is like talking about like, let's say the Cardinals, where they care about their fan base. I don't think they Rais really care about their.
Speaker 1: Fa The fan base is basically what like Jason Kalette.
Speaker 3: I know that's but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't think like a Cardinals team or something like that, you know they would trade away a piece and say, hey we got this awesome guy coming back up.
Speaker 3: I don't even raise really care about any of that, but you do.
Speaker 2: Have the justification, so it could happen in the next week it's totally possible. Just like we were talking about this at the beginning of the.
Speaker 1: Year and Lee, yeah, I did say he was going to be up by Easter, and that was before he got the quad injury. The quad injury completely derailed everything, and then the second injury just completely blew it up. And look, I think had he look, he was crushing balls in April, crushing balls, there was no reason to keep him down, and he should have been up by you know, Memorial Day at the latest. And unfortunately this is what happens. Sometimes it sucks. I think had he been healthy, he would have been up and he would have been a productive player. And I still stand by that. I Thinkkevi Man Arrow is a very special talent. So we'll see. We'll hope to have him next year. At some point is more of an everyday source, and I think going into next year you have no choice. If you're the Raise, for sure you need to have that. Rays are kind of a weird changing over in progress, Like they are the best at retooling of any team that I've seen in Major League Baseball on a long time. They just retool, retool, retool, and they're always in it. So that's who the Rays are.
Speaker 2: I will say at the end of the day, And if you were being really sneaky about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't say Witch Easter.
Speaker 2: Could be next, but like thanks wank, just to end it out a really like this is a very frugal organization. A frugal organization would think about if we had him still prospect eligible to start next year break camp, guess what you'd be eligible for the extra pit compensation. And right now, who are the al guys that are really up for that? If you I mean, we've had so many of the players, James, I mean not that Jimsood is al it's NL, but like the top prospects are already kind of coming up and losing eligibility. You would be putting yourself in a prime position to maybe get one of those big compensation first round picks like the Diamondbacks had had, like the Orioles had had. But I'm not sure that they do that, and probably could call up tomorrow as a matter of.
Speaker 1: Fact, probably probably, you never know the way things go. By the way, Aaron Judge my home run call for tonight. You're welcome everybody that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your baseball. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x it's Graham and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB