Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. We did it. We made it to a Friday. It's our one. The gang's all here, including Fritzy, ready to go, and it's a meat Friday. At that case you're wondering, and I know you are braised. Five alarm chili, hot dogs, tater tots, smoked pumpkin pie, all on the trigger. Who is it better than we do?
Speaker 2: No live?
Speaker 1: Come on in stay a while eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. It'll be a big week next week because Tailgate, moonshine, pumpkin spiced maple will be available, but only if you're on the newsletter. Go to Danpatrick dot com, put your email address in the box that slides out. You are good to go and you'll get a recap of the show each day, Monday through Friday, six Eastern three Pacific. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Operator Tyler standing by taking your phone calls, come up with the poll question, play of the day, stat of the Day, all of that forthcoming. We mentioned after the two games in Philadelphia, I said, you know, it's not an aggregate. This isn't soccer, where hey, you won, buy ten goals and that could be a tiebreaker. Here in baseball, it's the next day, it's the next game, it's the next starting pitcher. And we joked yesterday I said, after all that went on in Philadelphia and that momentum, all Arizona has to do if they win the game two to one. Now, all of a sudden, there's momentum with Arizona and they won to to one. The Astros roughed up the Rangers once again. The road team has won every single game ten to three. The final one that the Jags hold off the Saints ugly game for three quarters, got interesting in the fourth quarter and the Jags pull out the win. The NCAA is looking at Michigan Dot dot dot again, Penn State and Ohio State. This weekend, Tennessee and Alabama. You have Virginia against North Carolina. Who would have thought Duke and Florida State would be MUSSYTV? And how about Arizona State in Washington. Just some of the games USC and Utah. This first hour brought to you by the great folks at King's Hawaiian. They want to make every Sunday a slider Sunday. Get together with friends and family in football this weekend. Make every Sunday a slider Sunday. All right, Seaton, let's pull question for the first hour.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got one here from Paulie. Okay, and I'm trying to find the common thread amongst these teas other than what the question actually is. The team people have the hardest time buying into that you think is most likely to make it to the super Bowl. It's a little wordy.
Speaker 4: Let me repeat that for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, team that people have a hard time buying into that you think is most likely to make it to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about the Lions and the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, Lions and Jaguars are in there, right you have the five and two Jaguars, the five and one Lions, then you have the Rams at three and three, you have the Seahawks at three and two, and the Steelers at three and two. I feel like this is actually a statement from Paul about how he doesn't believe in the Jaguars and the Lions because he's throwing five teams that have won five games in with these other middle of the packers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, erroneous, but not the Packers. Not the Packers. No, they're not on this of the middle of the packers. Yes, right, yeah, So should the Jags and Lions be in with these teams? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I'm looking at there's certain teams like the Dolphins or the Eagles that everyone thinks has a good chance to be in the Super Bowl. There's a next tier to me, and I think historically no one believes in the Lions of the Jaguars. Like it's hard to picture the Jaguars with their uniforms in the Super Bowl, even though they've been really close.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's their uniforms. No, it's the helmets.
Speaker 6: The helmets, yes, when there's two tone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, when they weren't finished, it was like they didn't finish the helmet.
Speaker 5: They are better, but it's hard to picture the Jaguars in a super Bowl, Like it's hard to picture the Lions in a super Bowl. And these other teams like Seattle's pretty good like week to week, they're pretty good last year.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't put them in there with I think it's just there. Which team do you believe in more could make the Super Bowl? The Jags or the Lions. But now I think people are going to say the Lions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I want to throw some steams like the Steelers, I think are are difficult.
Speaker 1: I'd put the Ravens in there over the Steelers.
Speaker 5: But I think people could see the Ravens in the super Bowl because they've been there and they've got quality coaching in they've done it before, like the Steelers has been a long time, and Kenny Pickett doesn't seem threatening. But that defense could throw a shut out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're it feels like you're stating two different things.
Speaker 5: Correct, You're right. It is a multi tiered poll question.
Speaker 1: As they say, yeah, I don't like to do that too early in the morning to the audience.
Speaker 3: How many layers of this onion are appealing back Paul.
Speaker 6: You don't like Onions, Dan, No, I do not, No, I do.
Speaker 1: Not, okay any anything else that. But I if I said the Lions or the Jags, you got to pick one to go to the Super Bowl this year, who would you pick? Todd?
Speaker 2: Lions? For two reasons.
Speaker 7: One, I think they've got an easier path than the AFC to get to the Super Bowl. And I think in general, the Lions are a better team than Jackson.
Speaker 1: I ain't seat o' connor. Lions are Jags.
Speaker 3: Does Doug Peterson not help boost the Jags a little bit? Sure, that's a fellow who's been there and done it rather than a head coach.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell, I think having a coach who's won a Super Bowl, you got a franchise quarterback, and you have a really good defense and a defense that I think leads the NFL in turnovers takeaways. Got to factor that in. You're in a winnable division. You could get home field advantage, you know, keep in mind they came back beat the Chargers last year and then they gave Kansas City a good go in Kansas City last year.
Speaker 3: Yes, seton watching the Jaguars last night, though, I don't think they struck me as a Super Bowl contending team that maybe, you know what, this year they're putting it together, but next year they might really be onto something.
Speaker 4: So I'd have to take the Lions this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, Marvin, what about you.
Speaker 2: Just because they have the league MVP. I'm gonna go Lions.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jared gonf is your MVP.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's his to lose, right him?
Speaker 2: And Michael Pennis, it's yours to lose.
Speaker 1: Okay, Michael Pennis with the Heisman. Okay, Paulie uh.
Speaker 5: Clearly the Lions just because San Francisco seems like there are a couple injuries away from having another thing like last year. And Philly's been too The Philadelphia Eagles games have been too close this year, way too close.
Speaker 6: They're keeping too many teams in.
Speaker 1: And then Philly's got the Dolphins coming up on Sunday night on NBC and Peacock, which is where you can watch this show. Our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so, And our radio affiliates around the country, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio nearly four hundred cities. We say good morning to you on this program. All right, we'll come up with the poll question. We have our play of the day, stat of the day. We'll talk to great college football writer, well, we'll talk to maybe a couple of football writers. Ross Dellinger from Yahoo Sports. We got a little controversy going on Michigan Wolverines. I'm not quite sure exactly what Michigan is accused of, but sign stealing with they videotaping and opponent. There's a rule that's been in place for thirty years where you can't have somebody go to a game to scout an opponent that you get video and it's compiled and given to the team so they can It's complicated. Maybe it's not complicated, but it sounds complicated. But did Michigan get an unfair advantage? Are they? You know, there's a source who told ESPN this is worse than the Patriots spygate and worse than the Astro signs stealing in the playoffs in the World Series. I went, okay, now you got my attention. But I also maintain, if you're under investigation, you're probably playing pretty well. You know, it's rare when you go, oh, that team's under investigation and they're not any good. It's like Kansas basketball. They're always under investigation and they're always good. And then here's Michigan. Michigan's back controversy. Jim Harbaugh in trouble again. Jim said he didn't know anything about this sign stealing. Do you need to steal signs to beat Rutgers in Michigan State? I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, Mark, they're scrappy, gritty and gutty.
Speaker 1: Oh they are gritty and gutty. Of course they are.
Speaker 2: They did have that big fourth quarter comeback records, Yeah, they did. Can't sleep on the scar at night sometimes, Thank you to uh.
Speaker 1: Michigan goes into their rivalry game this Saturday at Michigan State. The Spartan staff was notified of the situation. Earlier this week. Two of Michigan's opponents told Yahoo Sports they became aware Michigan knew their play signs. Sign stealing does not violate NCAA rules unless the team uses in game electronic equipment to relay the information to players on the field or amongst the coaches. There's a football code here. The rulebook does express the need for coaches to follow this so called football code and states that quote, only the highest standards of sportsmanship and conduct are expected of players, coaches, and others associated with the game. Stealing signs is a gray area. Clemson is believed to have been particularly adept at that in the past. According to Yahoo's Sports, they did win a lot. Let's see. At the twenty twenty one Sugar Bowl, Ohio State quarterback Justin Field said he huddled to call plays more often in an effort to prevent Clemson from stealing signs. Other teams have used curtains, hard to read colors, and other methods to disguise their play calls. Now, Michigan is already under investigation for a couple of Level two Roule violations.
Speaker 6: Go, I'm a Michigan fan.
Speaker 1: This is fantastic. Yes, it is true. Whenever your team's under investigation, you're like, all right, I like it. We're back, yeah, Florida Urban Meyer, Yeah, we're winning. Man, we're good. If you're under investigation and you're not good, you're not cheating well enough.
Speaker 6: Yes, Poe, Maybe the NSA to give Michigan State Michigan signs this weekend and make it a bit of a game. D you see Harbaugh's.
Speaker 5: Statement, though he went full He went everything. He said, I didn't know, nobody knew we're going to cooperate.
Speaker 1: Well what did you think he was going to say?
Speaker 6: But he gave every angle. I don't.
Speaker 5: I have no knowledge of this. No one that my staff has acknaledgius. I didn't direct it. I didn't know about it. I didn't participate it. I have no awareness that anyone.
Speaker 1: Is there's somebody who is gone rogue on Michigan's staff because they have a guy who used to work he went to the Naval Academy. He's got ties to Michigan. Maybe he went to Michigan and he is the one there. They're they're going to seize.
Speaker 6: His computer or an identity stuff.
Speaker 1: This is serious. Yes, it's Treadstone.
Speaker 6: It's great Michigan's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Todd.
Speaker 7: It is fascinating that they found someone with some kind of military background to put it towards the analytics of sports and fighting on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, well, uh we'll explore this coming up here in a little litle bit. Ross Dellinger, who wrote the article for Who's Sports, on just how serious this is with Michigan.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin I'm putting money on Michigan to win the national title.
Speaker 1: Now, well they're the favorites. Michigan's the favorite. And keep in mind what's happened here at Michigan because when Harball took over, Lloyd Carr I think left in seven and this was the winning his football program in history. And they certainly had a dip there with a coach hope.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 1: And then Harball comes in to rescue his alma mater and everybody's got high hopes there. They don't beat Ohio State, get blown out, and then all of a sudden, he's flirting with the NFL. Job, could be in jeopardy, salary cut, still flirting with the NFL, and then we have some violations here, and now Michigan football is back. Yes, Paulie.
Speaker 5: It was only three years ago that COVID year where they played six games and Harbaugh was two and four and he was going to give up his paycheck, and people are this is the time to replace him. Since then he was twelve and two, thirteen and one, and he's seven and oh so far this season.
Speaker 1: Ye, all right, So what's any other poll questions there?
Speaker 3: Seaton, We have a couple from the to double d Oh, okay, what.
Speaker 1: Do you want Todd to read them?
Speaker 3: We might want to save these for a minute, but uh yeah, I think Todd should read them.
Speaker 1: It feels like there's a story. By the way, I had a real tough decision I had a real tough decision to make last.
Speaker 6: Night about Todd.
Speaker 1: No, no, not about Todd. No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: That's always a tough decision.
Speaker 1: No no, no no, there's nothing no decision there. Yeah, i'll tell you about it coming up here. But I had a real tough decision to make last night, and it had to do with music. Had to do with oh speaking music. Today's musical theme on the program is going to be.
Speaker 8: We're doing favorite songs for movies. Okay, all right, and we got some good ones.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: How did this come about?
Speaker 8: Well, we were just talking about Rocky Rip Burt Young, and I was like, that's a pretty iconic, you know, soundtrack. So I was like, you know what your favorite songs from movies, guys? Okay, pick one?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So that'll be sprinkled in throughout the program there, correct, And then when we come back, we'll explore a little bit more what Michigan is doing wrong or at least accused of. And then I'll tell you my musical dilemma.
Speaker 7: Yes, Tom, if you're playing against Jim Harbo, Now if you're the other coach, are you bothering to cover your mouth now with the whole you know, the whole score.
Speaker 1: Boy, I don't know why you don't do it to begin with.
Speaker 2: I mean, I want to cover your mouth with your playbook. He already knows all the plays.
Speaker 1: It seems well, I would still do that, but Sean Payton had his playsheet. There, you're Broncos head coach. We could read the plays on his playsheet. I mean that's national TV.
Speaker 2: Now, teams are gonna beat us.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got green Bay coming to town?
Speaker 2: Good time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the line on that? Denver's got to be favored. I'm gonna say three and a half. So they're not really favored, it's they're playing at home. I'll say Denver three and a half. Speaking of Gambling Crazy podcast yesterday, episode who Shayan Irving Bat, Larry Dylan the graphics guy, and a collect call from a prison inmate who has been successful with parlays. We'll have that for you that's available Danpatrick dot com. Uh, I'm gonna take a break. Marvin was gonna say, do you want to play a little bit of the podcast. Let me tell you one time.
Speaker 7: The Packers are only one point favorite against the Broncos. If I'm reading this right, that's what I'm looking at. Drefftkings three hours ago one point favorite against Denver.
Speaker 1: Are the Packers hosting the Broncos. I thought that was in Denver for some reason.
Speaker 2: I thought it was in Denver too. The Packers are at the Broncos.
Speaker 1: And the Broncos are underdogs at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about mile High Magic Left is a long time ago.
Speaker 1: All right, let me take a break. Got a lot of things to dive into. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show. Ready this weekend. NFL season going strong. Draftking Sportsbook hooking up new customers. Got an offer that's even stronger. Bet five bucks on any game this week and score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game day this October. Get in on all the action. Download the Draftking sports Book app now use the promo code Patrick. New customers can score two mindred dollars instantly and bonus bets when you bet just five dollars on the NFL. So that's Code Patrick only. Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Fritzy gambling problem.
Speaker 7: Call one eight hundred gambler visit www dot eighteen hundred gambler dot net. A New York call EIGHTM seventy eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight seven eight nine seven seven seven, but.
Speaker 2: It's at CCPG dot org.
Speaker 7: Lease play Responsible on behalf of Boothill Casino Resort licensee partner Gold Nugget La Charles twenty one plus.
Speaker 2: Age varies by jurisdiction Voydan Ontario.
Speaker 7: Bonus bets expire one hundred sixty eight hours if Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash football terms for eligibility and the positive restrictions terms Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 6: That fixes in.
Speaker 1: I would say this is seat O'Connors heck yeah, dudeeah, breakfast Club heck yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I based most of my high school persona on this movie. You kidding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, pulling, and this is uh.
Speaker 5: This song is as tied to a movie as any song ever. In my opinion, this is a bender when he's leaving jenn Nelson with his fists in the air and the song is railing.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, last year's calendar, I think we did movie scenes and I did bender with his arm.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's my guy man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you see this good movie.
Speaker 4: This is what you get for spilling paint in the garage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good movie, all right. So the music theme today on Meet Friday is favorite songs, famous songs from movies. He's Ross Dellinger. He's been busy, Yahoo's sports senior writer covering college football, and Michigan's in a little bit of trouble, or at least they appeared to be in a little bit of trouble. Ross joining us. Now, Ross, how this story come to light?
Speaker 9: Let's see it capping pretty quickly as these things do. It was probably Wednesday late afternoon kinda we got a tip at Yahoo, Dan Wetzel and I about it and started to pursue it, and Wednesday night didn't really have it, but we understood what happened, which was the NCAA had started an investigation into Michigan, separate investigation from the one they were already conducting, and they had alerted the Big Kin on late Wednesday afternoon or Wednesday evening, and then in the Big Ten, the Big Kin alerted Michigan's opponent's future opponents, including Michigan State.
Speaker 10: So that's kind of how the word leaked out.
Speaker 1: So walk me through the accusations.
Speaker 9: Well, the main act, you know, sign stealing is pretty prevalent in college football. It's not illegal. It's not against NCAA rules to steal a team signs from the broadcast or during a game in signaling them in. I mean, none of that is illegal. What is illegal in this situation, specifically, is how the signs were stolen. In nineteen ninety four, so this goes back almost thirty years, the NCAA implemented a rule prohibiting in person scout outing at future opponents games and The theory is that Michigan is at obtaining this play or signed stealing information right from from attending in person games, so scouting games, which again was illegal. So that's kind of the focus right now. But plenty of teams, you know, steal signals right Clemson has been known for years in Brint Vinnables and it's no secret among the coaching community for being really adept at in game stealing of signs and maybe preparing beforehand through broadcast and stuff. But obviously the NCAA has some kind of credible evidence that Michigan got this in let's say, at lease. It weighs different ways than just in game or from the broadcast.
Speaker 1: How big a deal is this, well.
Speaker 9: You know, that is a great question, and it depends on who you ask there. There are certainly several people who kind of roll their eyes at this, even knowing that Michigan could have done something that others don't normally do to get signs, they kind of put their hands up and say, what's the big deal here?
Speaker 10: Doesn't the NCAA have other things to do?
Speaker 9: But obviously this has been going on for at least a year. It goes back to least last season, and it started to spread through the Big Ten and Big Ten coaching community about Michigan's expert on staff in stealing signs, and it did, you know, change the way certainly they coach, right, they change instead of signaling in plays, a lot of teams started using wristbands instead or huddling instead. So it does have an impact. But you're it's a great Q question, and a lot of people kind of wonder why the NCAA is wasting their time.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbaugh said, he knows nothing about this, but the report is the NCAA wants to get the computer or has the computer or somebody who is I guess unofficially on the staff at Michigan. Does that kind of characterize the situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's an analyst, and we learned some of this information yesterday.
Speaker 10: He's kind of a very low level analyst. Was in the Navy.
Speaker 9: Actually, Connor Stallions has since his name kind of had gotten out, he has fence scrubbed all of his social media, which probably is some kind of indictment on the fact that he is involved. And I actually have pictures of him on the sideline signaling in place or signaling in the signs.
Speaker 10: Of what the opposing coach is doing, which.
Speaker 9: Again isn't completely rare, right, We've seen it, but it's how he got that information, how he got these these signals from the opponent.
Speaker 10: It's clearly done more than just the normal ways. Uh. And the NCAA is starting to looking into that.
Speaker 9: Like you said, ESPN had reported that they're looking into his computer and such. But but there it is a it is an obvious kind of known thing in the in the Big Ten, at schools in the Big Ten, that this is the person that stands on the sideline next to jesse mentor the defensive coordinator in Jim Harbaugh and does that gesture when when the offense before the offense takes a snap.
Speaker 1: What are you guys working on today?
Speaker 9: You and Dan Winston, Well this right here right, I mean, ESPN had some of it last night about about the analyst whose signals in the plays. We have a little more info about this situation. You know, he is apparently is at the center of kind of this investigation. And he is a guy that I think again within the Big Ten coaching ranks, they they pointed toward him as being the signaler and a lot of schools this this season alone, to two schools that Michigan played went from the most part went without signaling in the game because they knew that this was apparently a thing that Michigan did, and they just used the wristbands.
Speaker 10: So it's just another FOLLO up story on exactly what's going on here and what's to come.
Speaker 1: Can it affect Michigan this year?
Speaker 9: Well, the NCAA DAN operates slowly. The only I like to say the only body that operates slower is Congress. And now the NCAA and Congress have come together, right. I was just at my ninth NIL hearing earlier earlier this week here on I'll live in d C here on Capitol Hill, and.
Speaker 10: So things things work slowly though in the NCAAA.
Speaker 1: Where are we with NIL and the government's involvement in this?
Speaker 9: Well, the NCAA wants the government involved, which is a rarity, right, and they've been encouraging Congress for four years now to produce some kind of federal law that governs in IL. But the attention DAN has really turned away from AIL. And I wrote about this earlier this week at Yahoo after the hearing, is that the focus instead of NIL has really been on these court cases and the employment athlete employment, which is most would say is on the way that athletes will be considered employees at.
Speaker 10: Some point by the courts.
Speaker 9: And now the NCAAA, instead of encouraging Congress just for an NIL bill, they want to build that protects them from the courts, that protects their athletes, they say, from being employees.
Speaker 10: So that's kind of the main focus right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I know you've got a busy weekend. Ross, thanks for spending some time with us. Good Dann, Thank you, Ross Dellinger. He's a senior writer covering college football. Yahoo's Sports. He and Dan Wetze will do a wonderful John. Yeah, I don't know if anything comes of this. It's interesting. Usually when a team is successful, that's when you're under investigation. It's rare when you have a bad team. And maybe it's because we don't focus on a bad team under investigation. I was surprised the NCAA was involved in this because normally they're like, you know, it's like Mayberry when Andy Griffith would run the jail. You know, you basically had to go in and you know, allow yourself into jail. Who was the town drunk Otis. Otis, Yeah, Otis would just go, you know, leave the key and all lock myself up. That's kind of how the NCAAA has to find somebody like, wait, can you give us all the information and do all the work for us? All right, we're investigating Michigan now, but now you're going to see somebody's computer. Sounds a little more serious than that. And Jim Harball maintains innocence, he knows nothing about it. I want to know what he knows about this guy who's on his staff. Is he employed? Did he go rogue? Did he go?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 1: I want to impress these guys, so maybe I can get a better job. Maybe I'm a defensive coordinator in waiting. Something just seems odd that, Hey, you know what I'm gonna do. Don't tell coach I'm going to do this. Hey, I got some signals here. Hey, that's pretty good. Where'd you get it? And do you think At some point, the defensive coordinator may say to Jim Harbaugh, Hey, this guy Connor's Stallion. What a great name, by the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it sounds like he works in a different industry, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bound chick a bound.
Speaker 5: Or they wonder where the guy was every weekend when he was at the other team's games scouting them out.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have a question after the hearing Ross Dellinger, do you guys feel that this is a dumb rule or an end or like cheating?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what kind of electronic communication that they're intercepting or is involved. I think it's it's it's more than just hey, we're kind of deciphering what your hand signals are. I think there's more to this, and that's why it's If there's a quote from a Big ten source who says this is worse than the Patriots spygate and worse than the Astros, well, how does it get worse than that?
Speaker 4: One of those wasn't really a big deal.
Speaker 1: The Astros sign stealing with the garbage? Can that one?
Speaker 4: That one was a real cheating scandal the other was invented?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, yeah, yes, yes both.
Speaker 5: The other weird part of the story Apparently it's it's not legal to send a scout feamer team to your a team you're playing in a couple weeks to their game in person to scout them, but you can get tape of the game and use that.
Speaker 1: They give you tape, They give you tape.
Speaker 5: And everyone has the same process. You can't physically send someone to the stadium to scout ahead of time. That's how I thought, that's how scotting was done, that you actually sent someone to be in the boots.
Speaker 1: Well, but you're scouting by looking at their signals, right, so that you're not looking at what's going on in the field, you're looking at the signals. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, that's an interesting clue as to who this may be coming from. Who does Michigan have in the next couple handful of weeks. Could it be Purdue, No, No, it's probably it might be Michigan State.
Speaker 4: It might be in state rivalry.
Speaker 1: Well, no, there's two teams they've already played.
Speaker 3: There's yeah, but if there if it's there's this teams that they're scouting ahead of time, I feel like this could be Actually where this is coming from is a preemptive strike. Are you are you going to say the the Penn State coming out a number seven Penn State November eleventh?
Speaker 6: Are we playing guest the nark?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 5: It would be the upcoming opponents for Michigan Michigan State, Perdue, Penn State, Maryland or Ohio State.
Speaker 6: Guest the narc.
Speaker 4: That's where I was going with it.
Speaker 1: That's where I getting h time to play guess the NARC.
Speaker 2: I love college PREMPTI strike.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ohio State, Penn State coming up this weekend. But yeah, two opponents, I guess send that you must be doing something right though if you're under investigation. Yeah, they weren't under investigation. I don't think when Jim was going to lose his job. Now they're the favorites to win the national championship. I will get phone calls coming up. By the way, I had this dilemma. I was yesterday afternoon. It was one o'clock, get a phone call from Santa Monica. All of a sudden comes up and I go hello and have a friend who says, Hey, what are you doing tonight? I said, kids are in town, Probably not much.
Speaker 3: He goes going to sit in my basement by myself and watch half of TVs.
Speaker 1: That is true. Smoke a cigar. I had some tequila last night. But this is what I was offered. Uh, this band is going to be playing in front of four hundred people in the West Village in New York City? Would you like to go see them as they debut their new album? So this is last night. That band was the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 2: Oh oh.
Speaker 4: Oh my.
Speaker 1: So there was going to be kind of a cocktail hour meet and greet and then they were going to play. Didn't know how long they were going to play. They were going to play from their album. I didn't know if they were going to play anything else. But as my friend James said, hey, these guys are eighty. You know you should take advantage of this. And I go, do I have two tickets? Like?
Speaker 2: What a jerk?
Speaker 1: I'm like, do I have two tickets? He goes, no, you have one? And I thought, okay, what time do they start? And then he said, well, probably we'll start playing music after nine. Well, it's two hours down and then I'm doing the math And of course I'm dedicated to this show and this audience.
Speaker 2: These guys are eighty and they're going to perform. You can go.
Speaker 5: I know, so you had a good time, right, you're up late Big nine in the city.
Speaker 1: Mick, I didn't go, Oh no, I know, I know, I know, I know. I told you I didn't make the right decision.
Speaker 6: You're in sconsin regret right now is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I put this audience ahead of you know, just my well being. It huge.
Speaker 2: We don't forgive you if you were a little exhausted this morning.
Speaker 3: No, did you know Lady Gaga was going to be there? She did songs with them.
Speaker 1: I love Lady Gaga.
Speaker 4: Stow me out ex Actually, my.
Speaker 6: Poke, cook, how many hours noticed did you have?
Speaker 1: Again? I got a call after uh it was one o'clock.
Speaker 2: Power napp and get yourself to the city.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I know. It's tough, tough, tough, over rated.
Speaker 8: The Rolling Stones are should have whoa what?
Speaker 1: And I'm driving in today and all of a sudden I got street fighting man coming on. I'm going damn, it's gonna you know, one of those where every time you turn on the radio, it's gonna be like there'll be a Stone song and then I'll be like, all right, I'm missed out. I missed out. Small venue, like less than four hundred people. Yes.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the Stones live? Yes? Oh?
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, yes, I saw them. I think it was the nineteen seventy two tour where Jagger wore the Philadelphia Eagles jersey.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 8: Then I think you're okay, No, that was that was Prime Stone. That's what I mean to me. You're all right, yeah, if you never saw them, that'd be a different store to me.
Speaker 1: But I could have done my Jagger impersonation to Jagger.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's a good thing it didn't go.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? You're just supposed to be me. Do you think it would have gone as bad as me doing my Lou Holtz impersonation in front of Lou Holtz, Fritzy doing his Shannon Sharp in front of Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love that Fritzy's making fun of you. The Rolling Stones have been playing at the Applebee's down the street from Fritzy's house, and he would have gotten out of his bed to get that's.
Speaker 2: True, unless there sett up in my backyard. I'm like, oh, there across the streets, you know, that's a long way to go.
Speaker 1: It's like Landon Donovan's final soccer game ever, and he was playing what fifteen minutes from Fritzy. He's inviting Fritzie to go see.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't want to go check out the final game, which ended up I don't think being his final game. He played again after.
Speaker 1: That, so yeah, or when you were invited by Von Miller to go to the Broncos Parade and you didn't go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to break my set. Like two tickets are nothing.
Speaker 1: I did ask for two tickets.
Speaker 6: It's like you know there was a one pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was one Yeah, it was a one off.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay, would you have got to be single if I was single and thirty, No, if I didn't have to work today, I would have gone. I would have been raging all night long. Although Keith Richards doesn't party anymore, so I don't know who I would have partied with.
Speaker 4: With the Stones, you wouldn't have been able to understand it what he said. Anyway, You're right about that.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: And then I just I would just laugh, you know, no matter what he said, I would just laugh. All right. So that was my night last night.
Speaker 2: Well disappointed.
Speaker 1: Hey, there was college football on last night too. I was watching that.
Speaker 2: One of the games was three to two.
Speaker 1: What it was in the seventh inning, James Madden. I'm watching James Madison. I'm going I could be there watching the Stones and I'm watching Derek Carr throw in her options. What am I doing? Loser?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't do Sympathy for the Devil.
Speaker 1: No, I think they were just doing their album. But still you're seeing the stones. I'm seeing history.
Speaker 8: No, I mean like Derek Carr, those guys didn't see anything. Oh they do start me.
Speaker 1: Up, saw me out, saw me out? And that was saw what's your nursery home?
Speaker 2: Were they performing on it?
Speaker 1: Wow? Jagger is in better shape than you. He's thirty years older than you.
Speaker 7: While I was watching The Elderly Bachelor last night instead of some of the football games.
Speaker 1: So that's what is called the elderly bat better shap he is. Let me look and guy, how about we take a break here? Okay, we'll come back play the day up next. Sometimes I go around the room and I make the dan Eutes try their Irish accent, like Marvin. Marvin's been working on his Irish accent. When it comes to Keeper's Heart, Keeper's heart, Yeah, I think it's the heart. Heart Todd, you're not pirate? Why are you?
Speaker 2: I don't know why I keep doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, seton heart, easy, Keeper's heart. You don't have to have an Irish accent. Keeper's Heart is truly a new and unique style of whiskey that brings together the best of Irish and American whiskeys. And they also bring us the best distiller, or at least one of them in the world, Brian Nation. He left Ireland's most famous whiskey company, came to the United States to make Keeper's Heart. It combines the smooth character of Irish whiskey, bold flavors of American whiskeys, and you have a unique taste experience worthy of the record books. If you like whiskey, you got to try it. Go to Keeper's Heart Whiskey dot com get ten dollars off your order. Make sure you use the promo code Dan twenty twenty three. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 9: HI.
Speaker 2: This is Jay Glaser.
Speaker 11: And you may know me for the world of football or fighting or even shows like HBO's Bawlers.
Speaker 2: Well you don't know is for my entire life.
Speaker 11: I have lived in something I refer to as the gray depression anxiety. So now I'm coming out with a new podcast, Unbreakable, a mental health podcast with Jay Glazer, where each week, while we talk about mental health, I hope to describe it, give it words. Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Of the day. Claire liftside God, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 12: One out, Faces Loaded, one one of the bottom of the night and the one pitch Swag base Hid. Diamondbacks win and the Scars Smith Marte gets his third hit of the ball game, and the Diamondbacks are alive and wild with the National League Championship Series. They win Game three, they come back home. They beat the Phillies two to one on a walk up by Marte.
Speaker 1: Courtesy the Diamonds Radio Diamondbacks Radio Network. One of the great songs in movie history. Whose song is it? Todd?
Speaker 2: That is not me? But I love Eminem.
Speaker 1: Marvin it is not Seaton already has his Paully It's yours? Yes it is Yes, A little eight mile loser sound ton love it great, great soundtrack, great, Yes Paul.
Speaker 5: When that movie came out, I saw this video eminem was promoting the movie, and I think they were going to show the movie at Michigan State maybe. And at the end they start this song and the credits, the thing comes, the drapes go down, and all of a sudden he comes out and finishes the song and did like four more songs and play some berserk.
Speaker 1: Play of the day. Brought to you by the World's Best. Headed to Santa Anita Breeders Cup World Championships, November third and fourth. The countdown begins. Now get tickets today at Breeders Cup dot com. Uh Marte had the game winning RBI and he spells his first name k E t E L. His numbers should be one correct ill yeah, kettle one? Okay, all right, anybody with me and I L Yeah, no, you doesn't need an il. Yeah he's a professional.
Speaker 6: It sounds like it.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, seton you uh Seton Seaton.
Speaker 4: Sorry, was listening to something with that.
Speaker 1: Oh you were gonna make me feel better about not going to see The Stones last night?
Speaker 4: Oh dude?
Speaker 3: Yeah what According to the Internet, which is always accurate, right, Dustin just sent inky. According to setlist dot com Yeah. Rolling Stones only did seven songs. Okay, that doesn't matter that well, it doesn't matter because that would have been a lot of effort for like twenty minutes, well maybe long end.
Speaker 1: No, they would have given me an hour.
Speaker 4: You want to know what they played?
Speaker 1: Did they play is It all off the new album?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: They played Lose Yourself?
Speaker 1: I have an ambum?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's okay, that was the encore.
Speaker 1: Okay? Did they play Stop Me Up?
Speaker 4: They played Shattered, They played Angry?
Speaker 1: Is their Angry? That's live debut? Yeah, that's off the new album.
Speaker 3: They played a whole wide World just live debut, new album. They played Tumbling Dice, they played Bite my.
Speaker 4: Head off live debut. Okay, they played Jumpin Jack Flash.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on crap dot.
Speaker 4: Dot dot encore.
Speaker 3: Oh, and then they came out with Lady Gaga and did a song called Sweet Sounds of Heaven.
Speaker 1: You're not making Me feel better?
Speaker 11: That was it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well I figured it was not like they did like a full.
Speaker 1: No, but they did three of those songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jumping Jack Flash would have been pretty sweet, and you love Biting my Head up?
Speaker 2: And Angry that's a miss for you.
Speaker 4: Shattered to be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Shattered, Yeah, because that's all about New York City, isn't it splattered all over Manhattan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bite the big apple? Yes, do you really want to see him?
Speaker 10: Go?
Speaker 1: Stop me?
Speaker 2: What's the word again? Stop?
Speaker 9: Stop me up?
Speaker 2: That's right, thank you, thank you? The third row?
Speaker 1: Are you done?
Speaker 4: Takes a little longer for me these days to get stop me up.
Speaker 6: You're gonna break your hip.
Speaker 2: Don't start up. We don't want your starting.
Speaker 10: Up to me.
Speaker 1: Uh, we got two more hours. That's it.
Speaker 4: Well, we got a pull question for hour two.
Speaker 3: Did you make a colossal mistake by not going to see The Rolling Stones last night?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or hell?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay? On what level is this a missake?
Speaker 6: Like zero to ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And you guys can be honest. I mean, look, I missed out on it. They played some, you know, some of their classics todd zero to ten. How big a mistake.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say eight point seven. I would do more if you hadn't seen them before. They'll be what about you? I'm gonna go with eight also seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm closer to nine.
Speaker 1: You should have got.
Speaker 5: Fall eight, nine hard, nine, jumping Jack, Flash about your head off, angry Cocktail hour Baby, Gaga, hell
Speaker 2: Stop it.