Speaker 1: Good morning, Keeps, and welcome to Locate f Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody recording this lovely Friday from the home Bunker. Folks, What a week it has been? Right, Like, you know, sometimes when I get to the end of the week and you all know this, I you know, begin to really think about.
Speaker 2: How did we get here?
Speaker 1: You know, Like I get to the Friday sometimes and I'm just like, what the fuck just happened?
Speaker 2: It's like you're living inside of a tornado?
Speaker 1: Right, So you know, on this fucking Friday, it's like, what am I saying fuck it to? I mean, what am I not saying fuck it too? Would be the better question? Right, So let us begin. First of all, I want to talk about Mitch McConnell. To talk about Mitch McConnell. The last time that Mitch McConnell was in front of a podium, and this time it was in the Capitol Building and froze. Many pundits were like, let's not touch this. We're not going to have a conversation about this. Let's show that we are better than the right. And like, I don't need to show the right that I'm better. I fucking know that right as well as you you know that as well. Here's the thing about Mitch McConnell's continued deterioration and literal brain freezes neurological events that he continues to have following I guess I don't know exactly what is causing this. If he had a stroke, he had a fall, like whatever it is. But here's the reality, these fucking octanagerians who are unwell right Like it is one thing to say I because I have grappled with this, Am I just an agist? And I'm saying, oh, you're old and get out of the way. No, because again I will say, Bernie Sanders is eighty something years old, right, he is clearly sharp, continues to.
Speaker 2: Do his job. Joe Biden, right is old.
Speaker 1: The reason why Joe Biden has pauses is because he has a stuttering impediment that he's at his entire life, not because his brain literally freezes and his face just you know, the connection isn't happening. And that's what the fuck happened with Mitch McConnell. It's the same way that I feel about Diane Feinstein. I'm like, retire, Do you know what I'm saying, like Mitch mcconnald's vicious, cruel, depraved rain over America has come to a fucking close, right, like you can rest well in hell knowing that you destroyed the judicial system, that you championed a fucking rapist and a criminal as president of the United States, that you stuck it to the blacks, like you know, go rest well, and you know as you make your descent to where you actually belong.
Speaker 2: And you know, I have a friend of mine.
Speaker 1: Who we are having these conversations about the fact that I am really trying to, you know, get into meditative and just more open and full headspace where I let go of hate and I let go of rage and I sent her right, sent her love in my life in all aspects, and that includes the people that I cannot stand. And what I realized I said to him, I said, you know, I don't know if I'm going to make it to that level of ascension, because when I see things like this happen, like the freezing of Mitch McConnell, I don't him.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't and that you know, and I know I.
Speaker 1: Got a lot more meditation, a lot more prayer, and a lot more unpacking to do. I don't wish him ill let me say that, but I don't wish him well. I wish Mitch McConnell to have as good of a day as he wishes for black people in this country, right Like, that's so I'm going to meet you with the energy that you have put the fuck out.
Speaker 2: How about that? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So as I continue to do my work on myself, I realize that I still have the limited mindset because when I look at Mitch McConnell falling on a tough medical times with physical ailments, I genuinely do not give a fuck because all I think about is the incredible damage, the incredible damage that this racist white man has done. I think about the withholding of the seat for the Supreme Court right because oh well, in my mind, this black man is illegitimate, so he doesn't get the full rights and benefits and responsibilities of an actual president that was overwhelmingly chosen by the people of this country. I alone get to decide who is valid and who isn't. So when you think about the legacy of Mitch McConnell, do I have these overwhelming emotions of I wish him well.
Speaker 2: I do fucking not. And that's how I know.
Speaker 1: Dear friends, that I am not that at that level of ascension yet, right Like, That's how I know that I still have work to do, because I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't wish him well.
Speaker 1: Moving on to other things that occurred this week, Harrison Floyd, the head of Blacks for Trump, finds himself on the find out side of the fuck around because his ass is still sitting inside of Faulty County jail.
Speaker 2: And why is that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, one, when the FBI agents came to come and get him, he decided to meet them with force because I think that this motherfucker, while caping for white supremacy, forgot that he's black.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I think that they all.
Speaker 1: Do right, the Blacks for Trump and these Browns for Trump with led by the vec RAMASA mean. I think that these motherfuckers forget right that your complex shit right is not going to get you into the good old boys club. You are useful to them in this moment, and then when you are not, you are fucking not right. So, as my friend Wajah Hot says on our other podcast, Democracy Ish, which by the way, if you don't check out every week is alive on Thursdays, and you should absolutely subscribe because the conversations that Waj and I have are amazing and deep. But let me say this. Waja will say, you know, here's the thing that always gets me into trouble is that I remind my brown brothers and sisters, right, they're never going to love you, right that no matter how much you puppet Harrison, no matter how much you cap for white supremacy and make those little stupid blacks for trunk t shirts, they are never going to accept you. They will accept you as much as they need a fucking mascot, right, so that they can then go back behind closed doors and be like, ain't that and word dumb? Right because he thinks that he's one of us, Right, You're only as much of one of them again as you were useful.
Speaker 2: You were still a fucking product, right, remember that?
Speaker 1: And so now that this motherfucker is sitting in prison, right in the jail because he can't afford a lawyer, talking to the that he can't afford a lawyer. And I'm sure you all have seen the clips. You know, all those lawyers they cost so much money. Maybe you should have thought about that, right, you should have thought about that, because what did you think that Donald Trump was going to, what, offer you up some of his money? He don't even pay the people that actually do work for him. You thought he was gonna do something for you, dum dumb. So let me tell you something. That video of Floyd just tickled my heart. I will be honest, and this is again why I'm not going to ascend to the place that I need to in my practice, right because things like that image and that video. I don't feel bad for that man, right, I feel like you're getting exactly what you deserve.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You want to step with the white good old boys, but you don't got their money and you don't have their lack of melanin. Okay, So the justice system sees you the way that they see every black body. Okay, So good for you on the find out part of the fuck around. What else happened this week? You had the hurricane that landed in Florida, Adahlia, I think is how you pronounce it, and you know, just to show you again that within a little over twenty four hours, less than two but less than forty eight that storm went from a tropical storm to a Category three hurricane when it hit Landfall. And you know, I just look around at the folks in Florida who love them some Ron DeSantis, love them some Donald Trump, and you know, love them some ignorance. And this is what is happening, right, And folks will say, like, well, there are people that other people in Florida. Of course there are, right, But the majority who were eligible to vote, aside from voter suppression and all of that, you know, went hands down for Ron de Santis, who doesn't believe in climate change. And what I want folks to understand is that it doesn't matter what are is going to be at the top of the Republican's ticket in twenty twenty four. If it's Donald Trump, Ronda Santis, Mike Pence, Nikki Haley, the vek Ramaswami, doesn't matter. Any Republican is going to spell environmental disaster, not only for this country but for the world. We are living on borrow time. We are in the climate crisis. It's not impending. It is happening on a regular basis, and coming off of this summer, how anyone with a fucking working brain in their head could think about anything other than what do we need to do now in order to stop some of the most expensive and dangerous weather patterns from consistently happening. I don't know, you know, but I do know that, you know, as the Empire of America falls and crumbles, we're going to be the ones that are going to be underneath the rubble. And when archaeologists and what have you come, you know, centuries from now, and they say, you know, all of the signs were clear, and they had all the technology and all the access, like, what the fuck happened?
Speaker 2: I hope somebody listens.
Speaker 1: To wokef because then you'll know exactly what happened. So, you know, we continue to see each and every single week, and hurricane season doesn't usually end until November, but who the fuck knows, because seasons don't make sense anymore, right. I've been thinking about this, as you know, the calendar changes to September, and I'm like, you know, my birthday is in November, which is why I love the fall so much, because I just I love the change of seasons.
Speaker 2: I love the Christmas in the air, I love all of that.
Speaker 1: But the last several years I've done outdoor events for my birthday because it's been nearly seventy degrees in November, right, not normal at all, No, it's not. So. What we know, folks, is that these hurricane seasons, fire seasons, tornado seasons, they're no longer predictable in terms of their length and in terms of their strength. And anyone who is entering the White House needs to understand that this is actually the war that is happening, that is costing lives and costing billions of dollars, and maybe maybe we should give it as much attention as you would, you know, the wars that kill people for you know, oil and stuff. It's so frustrating, it really is. I just think, you know, Donald Trump has waived his arraignment appearance in Georgia for September six, and we're still waiting on the at least at the time of this recording, the verdict around Mark Meadows and his removal from state court to federal court. And here's what I'll say about that. Mark Meadows is one of the most dangerous human beings. He is one of the most dangerous human beings. He is one of the most insidious, sinister human beings. Mark meadows knew exactly what he was doing on January sixth. He was burning papers in his office. Why was that asked in his five hour testimony as to why he believes that he was working in official capacity? Can we bring in other cheats of staff and ask them if they've ever burned papers in their office, if they've ever preemptively asked for a pardon? Why would you need to do that if you weren't doing anything illegal? And you can make up an excuse about oh, the Democrats weaponizing.
Speaker 2: No. No, because if there's no.
Speaker 1: If you're not breaking the law and the law wasn't just written by Democrats, If you're not breaking the law, or think that you're breaking the law, why the fuck would you ask preemptively for a pardon? So Mark meadows knew exactly what the fuck he was doing, and he wasn't working in anybody's official capacity, and you know, for somebody, if you were interested and invested in you know, following along. Check out Shriylyn Eiffel's Twitter. Chriylyn Eifel, the former head of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, lays it out very clearly and kind of reminds us of some of the receipts around Mark Meadows and the show that he put on as chief of staff, and so to feign right like, oh, this is just persecution and I was just doing my job is bullshit, right. There was no part of his job that would have him call up the Secretary of State and organize a call to say, can you find me eleven seven hundred and forty some odd votes?
Speaker 2: Though, so miss me with the bullshit.
Speaker 1: But we will see, because what we know is that bullshit reigns supreme and rich white powerful men can do pretty much anything that they want, right, it is very rare that they get caught up. So you know, as we watch all of these cases unfold and whether or not Fannie Willis is going to be removed from her position in October when the law that Brian Kent signed in that allows him to remove duly elected prossecutters and put in whomever he wants to do his bidding and that of the Republican Party. Folks, I just have to say, as you listen to Donald Trump and all of his sick offens basically say that the rule of law does not mean and include them that when Donald Trump becomes president again that he's gonna throw his political enemies in jail.
Speaker 2: This is not fucking locker room talk.
Speaker 1: This is not boistering, this is not you know, bravado. He's telling you what the fuck he plans to do as the dictator of America, and all of the Republicans are telling you what they will do in order to support and cover him. So let me tell you that it is really hard to return to a democracy once it is lost. Now is the time that folks wake the fuck up, get out into the streets, boycott, do the work that needs to be done in order to hold on to it. Because once it's gone, and Donald Trump and any Republican has control over the military, has control and access over law enforcement, has the backs, and is able to deregulate and defund every single social safety net and agency right and there are no checks and balances. That's when it will be too fucking late. And they are telling you each and every day, the motherfucking quiet part out loud. So I don't know how many times it needs to be stated and how many times we need to listen to what these people are saying. But the only way that we remain safe in this country, is to take action, right, and that means sharing these videos that I'm doing high low, my patrons, sharing these videos, sharing these shows with your friends, your colleagues, right, saying pass it on. It is getting involved in your local elections, right. Becoming an actual part of your community, registering people to vote, running for office yourself, checking in to see what is happening with your school boards and your city councils, write what's going on with your libraries, and taking the action that is needed, and getting getting together again, getting together a posse of people making a social event. Right. You know, every Friday, we're going to gather together and we're gonna go check in with our local librarians, what's going on, what's popping?
Speaker 2: How can I get involved with the board? Right?
Speaker 1: What can I do to make sure that information is not being blocked from people?
Speaker 2: How can I.
Speaker 1: Go and volunteer with the seniors at the high school to make sure that those that are turning eighteen right over the summer or this year are registered to vote?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: There are so many ways, folks, for us to get invested, and particularly when we are seeing those at the grass tops, try and poison the ground.
Speaker 2: We need to be on the ground.
Speaker 1: Gathering people, lifting up information, sharing the truth, flexing and doing what we can gathering with other like minded people. That's what is required in this moment. We cannot wait until all is lost and then try and get it back because trust and believe, look at history, it ain't that fucking easy. That is it for me today, dear friends, on this fucket Friday, heading into a beautiful, beautiful weekend here in New York, I wish you all a wonderful, long, RESTful, rejuvenating holiday weekend. For my patrons underneath this video, tell me what you are saying fucket to this week and tell me how you plan on rejuvenating. What are your plans right as we head into the fall. For my other loyal, fantastic listeners. And thank you to everyone that tweets me out and dms me and shouts me out on Instagram, I deeply, deeply appreciate it. Tweet me out, tell me what you are saying fucket to this week and how you plan on spending your long holiday weekend. And just to note, friends, follow me on all of the socials at D two cents d E two c e n T s on whatever ex. Twitter, bullshit on threads, Damiel Moody Underscore at TikTok, and you know, check out the other shows that I do.
Speaker 2: You know, I have three of them.
Speaker 1: So Democracy Ish is with my friend and fellow Daily Beast columnist Watcher hot Ali that comes out on Thursdays, and you can get that wherever you get your podcasts, as well as The New Abnormal, which comes out three days a week and is with the Daily Beast, and again you can get those podcasts wherever you are listening to this one. Thank you, guys so very much for the support and the love. I appreciate each and every one of you. Power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay what as fuck