Speaker 1: I have a reserve personality, and people see that shyness as innocents or I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I promise you I do a lot wrong.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Welcome to the live Thursday edition of Dodgers Territory. I'm Alana Rizzo. That is Clint to see us. We're so happy that you're with us. And hey, thanks a lot you guys. We have now surpassed eight thousand subscribers on our YouTube channel. We appreciate you so much for being here, for being a part of the show as the family and the platform grows.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Make sure you like us, rate us five stars all the things to keep the channel growing. We appreciate you so much. Two time World Series Champion Chris Taylor CT three coming up on the show in just a few moments. But before we welcome and Chris, let's get to the big ticket.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So, as we.
Speaker 4: Speak right now, not to say you should leave us to go over there, but as we speak right now, Tanner Scott is being introduced officially by the Los Angeles Dodgers so Roki Sasaki. A couple of days ago, Tanner Scott right now. Welcome to the club, sir, happy to have you in that bullpen. And perhaps Kirby Yates, Clint, Bob Nightingale is the only one that I have seen report that Kirby Yates could be headed to the Los Angeles Dodgers, perhaps with Michael Kopek expected to miss a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's the case.
Speaker 4: Not to discount what Bob is saying, but Brandon Dome's assistant or GM of the Dodgers came out and said that Kopeck is fine. He doesn't anticipate any problems right now.
Speaker 3: How are you reading into this?
Speaker 4: As you can see Bill Plunkett saying that Kopeck was grinding the last October like many of us were. He's well into his offseason throwing program, So no concern. Are you concerned, Clint Pesius?
Speaker 5: I don't know that I'm concerned yet. A couple things to dive into here. Obviously we have Kirby Yates. We will say, you know, far from official. I would argue that Ken Rosenthal poured a little bit of cold water on Bob Nightingale's report there. But focusing on the Coopex side, of of course, he's a very important part, very integral part of this Dodgers bullpen. This what could be a very very good Dodgers bullpen. I really like the part here. Our friend Bill Plunkett says, the reports are overblown. It did kind of surface and everybody sort of got very very scared on the internet very quick, like, oh man, what's going on with Michael Kopek. I'm not terribly worried. I agree with the idea that, yeah, everybody is going through something at that point in the season. Michael Kopek state, you know, a state available for this team all the way through the World Series run. So it's not something I'm worried about. Now, let's switch to the addition the potential edition edition of Kirby Yates. It's just another fantastic move for the Dodgers. You got Tanner Scott being official as we speak. That raises the ceiling, and this is something I talked about on my show. You got a ceiling razor and a floor razer in Kirby Yates, who was arguably the second best reliever in the American League last year behind Emmanuel class A. Just more brilliance from the Dodgers front office.
Speaker 3: It's just stupid.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you think about it, even I was like, oh my god, Kirby Yates too, you know, like, but my goodness, you get obviously you get Blake Trynon back right. We did that early on, and then they signed Tanner Scott, which is all we were asking for. And then, by the way, they may get Kirby Yates as well game over. I mean, that is one heck of a Dodgers' bullpen, and I like the I like the bullpen even before the Tanner Scott signing, so I really really like the bullpen now. But that leads me to the next question for you, Clint. You have there's not enough room on the Dodgers need a seventy man roster. There's not enough room right now. So what would happen in terms of getting Kirby Yates onto this roster if you figure that is the case. We remember we talked about the fact that the Dodgers can start moving guys around on February. They can go a little earlier than twenty eight other teams. The Potter or excuse me, the Cubs can do it too. Because of that series in Tokyo. What are some movable pieces in your mind that the Dodgers could move in order to get Yates on the roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean if it all depends on if he's okay waiting. And this is where we also talked a good little bit about, like the Kicky Hernandez situation, people are okay waiting, it's not going to be as big of an issue. I just posted the screenshot there. Of course, Bob Nightingale mentioning Dodgers are looking to shop some pieces. One of those guys being an obvious piece in Ryan Brazier, who had some injury issues last year, kind of had some up and downs, but was an important part of that World Series run. But there's somebody like him. There's maybe a Michael Grove who can find himself available in a trade. Bobby Miller is a name I've seen some fans try to throw out here and there. I don't think the team looks to move Bobby Miller because he's still young. Team can He's got a hundred mile hour fastball when he's right, He's got a nasty change up. I threw out the idea on on Twitter the other day, and I'm not asking for it, I'm not a proponent. I'm not pushing for it. I'm just saying, if they really wanted to be creative, they could also look to maybe move like a Tony Gonslin or a dust In May in some sort of deal. And I understand you're kind of selling low on dudes like that at this point in the offseason, but you could potentially move those type of dudes and you get another dude who maybe is guaranteed to get you more innings in Jack Flerty, who very much wants to return to the Dodgers. So there are there's some pieces.
Speaker 4: Jack Flerty was just on foul Territory with the Boys talking about his whole free agency stuff. And I also like the fact that Jack tweeted, listen, one team is not ruining baseball. The other twenty nine are not doing what they can do. So I like the fact that he wants to be on the Dodgers. He's not there right now yet, he's still supporting all of the offseason moves that they're doing. We're gonna welcome in CT three here momentarily as we get him linked up. We're just working on some technical things right now with him. It's difficult too, because as we talk about this, you know, you never want to see some of these guys get moved. But the idea is to run it back right, and there's some massive, massive pieces and you and I talked about this on Monday, how Andrew Friedman's like, let's get these pieces now and not worry about getting big pieces at the deadline. Let's just tweak what we need to do with the deadline. I mean, do you think honestly that going into the season, this is the best laid team that we have put together?
Speaker 5: And it's hard to say no, hard to argue like, no, We've seen better teams. I mean that twenty twenty two team that went out in one one hundred and eleven games, that was a phenomenal baseball team, but very clearly had some issues, had some holes in its game, and that's where you know they got bounced in that first round. But I mean, if you're talking about talent, like I said, floor dude, floor razors and ceiling razors and being a club that is built to try to run it back this team, you can't find a better stacked team compared to the league and compared to teams you know over the last Yeah, we'll just say the Guggenheim era. You can't find a team with more talent than the Los Angeles Dodgers. So well, will there be question marks?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 5: You don't know what second base is going to look like. Maybe the guy who's joining us in a second, Chris Taylor, is part of that mix. You don't know how Mookie handles short all the way, all that kind of stuff. There are certainly some questions along the way. But Dodgers are an incredible spot. And you know what's funny, the off season eight over yet, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's hard to believe. Spring training in about three and a half weeks. All right, back in a second with Chris Taylor after a quick ard from Todd Frazier, Eric Kratz and Scott Braun on Hungry Root.
Speaker 6: Cool Krats, Do you like spending an hour on grocery shopping?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 7: Speed up the process please introducing Hungry Root to the ftfam. Now we can all be boogie with our own personal shopper to handle the food shopping, including RECs based on what you're looking to put in your body.
Speaker 6: I stack my Hungry Root box with items like gluten free, dairy free, blueberry waffles for breakfasts, shrimp vegieboles for lunch, and a little filet mignon with potatoes and broccoliini for dinner.
Speaker 7: You can also say just hey, Hungry Root, I eat paleo or I'm vegetarian, and they load up your car with personalized recommendations.
Speaker 6: And those recks keep evolving as they learn about what you're into. Also, no BS, as in no artificial sweeteners or preservatives in any of hunger Roots food. You're gonna love hunger Root as much as FT does. Take advantage of this exclusive offer for a limited time, get forty percent off your first box, plus get a free item in every box for life. Go to hunger Root dot com slash ft and use code FT that's Hungryroot dot com slash ft code FT to get forty percent off your fat and a free item of your choice for life.
Speaker 4: Appreciate Hunger Root being a part of the show, but I appreciate Chris Taylor being a part of the show even more.
Speaker 3: C T three, two time.
Speaker 4: World Series champion joining us on Dodgers' territory right now.
Speaker 3: Chris, thank you.
Speaker 4: I know that you and your wife Mary have been so busy and so involved in wildfire relief through the Chris Taylor Foundation.
Speaker 3: So thanks for taking the time to be with us. How are you, my friend?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you for having me. I'm doing great. Been a busy off season, but I'm enjoying it and getting excited for the season to come around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what excites you the most? I don't know if you're like us, Chris.
Speaker 4: Every single time we turn around, someone's being signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers, We're like, holy crap, what a team. What are you most excited about when you get to camel back in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Uh, A lot.
Speaker 1: I mean just to see the guys, you know. I mean spring training is always exciting. It's like a fresh start, new year. But yeah, just to to see the guys again. Obviously, there's gonna be a ton of excitement around the team, so the energy's gonna be great with all the fans, some new additions, We brought some guys back, so yeah, we should have a really strong team and it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, hell of a run. Congrats, you know, we love seeing this. You guys finally get that parade that we were robbed of in twenty and robbed of for different reasons in twenty seventeen perhaps, but you know, how enjoyable was that parade, knowing that after just an overall for the team, a tough season, injuries really injuries decimated, that's the biggest thing. But to come put it all together and it results in this moment that's got to be something pretty dang special. And then of course the World Series parade through La just talk about that for.
Speaker 1: The fans, Yeah, I mean you kind of said it right. It felt like that parade was long overdue, for especially us guys that were on that twenty twenty team and for me being on this team since twenty sixteen. You know, I know how hard it is to win a World Series. We've been there a couple times before we finally won, and then we didn't get to celebrate that parade. So this year was special because we won that that picture you showed, that's that's what it's all about, right, That's like, that's why you go through the grind of the season and they put in all the work and all the ups and downs for that moment to share that with your family and then to share it with your teammates and to finally be able to have that parade for the entire city.
Speaker 2: Of Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: You know, I think we get wrapped up, We get caught up in our own bubble, so to speak. No pun intended with twenty twenty, but we you know, we obviously see the fans at the stadium, which is like fifty thousand people, right, but you don't realize how much support you have from all over the world. Now you know, we're like a worldwide team now that you're bringing in some of these international signings, and you know, to see La show out like that for the parade was unbelievable and it really put things in perspectives like how big.
Speaker 2: A following we have.
Speaker 1: Obviously we know it, but to see it firsthand was it was special.
Speaker 3: It really was a site to behold.
Speaker 4: It's so insane to see everybody in the streets cheering you guys, and obviously but now you know, look how good you guys had of a year last year. But it's what have you done for me lately, Chris Taylor. We're going to expect you guys to run it back. Let us speak to the twenty twenty five season. In the second half of twenty twenty four. You had a really good, really good season. You made the most of your opportunities. What can you take from the second half into the off season into spring training to get where you want to be offensively in a year ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just a good for my confidence to kind of bounce back a little bit, and not even not even bounce back to the player I know I'm capable of or the player I want to be this coming season, but just to bounce back from.
Speaker 2: Where I started to.
Speaker 1: Contribute in some way. That was my only goal after the start of my season. You know, I wanted to help the team win anyway I could, and I wanted my goal was to be a role in the postseason some way. I wanted to help the team some way, and you know, to be able to be on the postseason roster. I'm playing a few games and be there when we won the World Series beyond the field, when we threw the last pitch. That was special for me and going into this season trying to build off of that. My goal is never to be a bench player or a role player off the bench. My goal is to be an everyday player, and I'm attacking the off season that way. And I'm working on some like building on some stuff that I was working on at the end of the year, and I'm going into spring training hoping to you know, have a turnaround and you know, really contribute this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wondered if if you could kind of expand on that at all, because you know, read quotes from you talking about some of the swing changes you tried to implement last year leading to some of the issues that were going on. Obviously there's some health issues as well in there. Where do you feel the swing is at now? What sort of things are you working on? I think I think I remember something about you trying to like level out the swing more and that's just maybe not your game. Where is the swing at now? And what sort of things have you guys been working on in the cage?
Speaker 1: I feel really good right now. Like I said, I built, I'm building off of what I kind of found at the end of the seas and trying to improve those things. I'm not making any like huge changes, you know. I'm just trying to pick a few key things with my swing, things that I know are important for me that when they're right, that's when I'm at my best. And I'm trying to make those two or three things my main focus every day for the off season. And I think I've fallen into the trap of chasing different targets throughout the course of the season, and and it can be a slippery slope and it can sometimes make things worse. And you know, that's kind of been my focus this off season, is not to get off track. I talked with the hitting coaches at the end of the regular season and kind of came up with a plan going into the off season, and we pinpointed a few things that were very important for me to have success, and that's been our focus.
Speaker 4: It's great wholesale changes necessary, kind of stick to what got you there. And I remember when you got to LA, Chris. I remember when there was the trade and Zach Lee ended up going to Seattle and this guy by the name of Chris Taylor comes over to Los Angeles and it was just so good to get to know you and become such an instrumental part of what LA was about. And such big postseason moments and stuff. Not to say that you're done anytime soon, but if you've taken a moment now that you've hoisted a Trophy twice to just kind of reflect on the career that you've had so far with La and how much of a how much of a change just that one trade caused in your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it was.
Speaker 1: It was life changing to say the least, you know, not only for my baseball career, but for my entire life.
Speaker 2: LA is my home now.
Speaker 1: I met my wife here, we have a son, a fourteen month old, So my complete like that one day of getting traded to the Dodgers completely transform my life in the best way possible. And I'm so thankful for that. I truly believe that was fate. And you know, I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to be a Dodger and live in this city. And it's been unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Speaking about the great city of Los Angeles. Obviously, so much devastation has gone on with these wildfires. You and your foundation and your wife have done your part to pledge some help, some financial support to victims of these fires, people that have been affected. Could you just kind of speak more to you know, what you guys can do and what you hope other people can help, either victims or the CT three Foundation do to continue to help people bounce back and rebuild from the devastation devastating fires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was We had that fundraiser on our Instagram page and.
Speaker 2: The people really showed out.
Speaker 1: We were not expecting to get that big of contributions, raising over fifty thousand dollars on a on an Instagram fundraiser. It was incredible. We did not expect that. So completely blown away by the support, which just shows that people are looking to help, right, They want to help. They know they've seen firsthand a lot of them the devastation that the fires have had. And I think people are just looking to give back, and you know, I think that's why we we do our This is going to be our second polar Plunge this year on February second, and we added the LA Fire Department Foundation as a second beneficiary to the Friendship Foundation, and you know that was very important to us. And we're yeah, hopefully all my teammates. You know, I think almost my entire team showed up.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 1: It was a day after Dodger Fest, which is it's fortunate everybody's in town and it's a it's a good time. You know, we just all get in the water, you can see on the picture there guys were body surfing back in.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of abs out there as well.
Speaker 1: There's all that's the thing about baseball, there's all kinds of bodies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michelle Ce Michelle Sie is a big fan of yours.
Speaker 3: Obviously a big fan of the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: She tweeted earlier she wanted to know if you were gonna wear floaties again, Cet when you do the polar Plunge.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm gonna do this year, but I gotta do something creative, right, Uh you know we uh, well, we'll see. I got to think about it, but maybe we'll hand out some T shirts or something. But it would be cool if we could have everybody dress up or get creative with what they're wearing.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have the flippy floppies with it, no doubt about that. So you got the second annual CT three Polar Plunge coming up on February second. Obviously everybody contributing to the wildfire relief as well, So thank you so much to you and to Mary and to THEO who's out there as well doing all the stuff for the community. I look back at the career that you've had so far with LA and I just feel like there's still so much that this team wants to achieve as a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chris, how much can you appreciate if you do, I don't want to put words in your mouth, but the job that the ownership group does, giving you guys the tools and the players that surround you to run it back. I mean at spring training everyone's hopeful, right, but the Dodgers have a legitimate chance every single year.
Speaker 3: Can you speak to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what every player wants. I think that's a big reason guys want to come play here. They know that the guys up top want to win a World Series, and the goal each and every year is to want to win a World Series, just like the players. Unfortunately, it's not that way in every organization. So we are very lucky. Every off season it feels like, whether it's the off season or the trade deadline or whatever it is, we're always making moves with an intention to win this year. And that's why I want to be here. I've always said the most important games of my life and the biggest moments of my career are always in October. It's you know, there's big games in the regular season, but once you get a taste of playing in the postseason, nothing really compares to that. And that's my goal. I want to be there in the postseason. And that is really, that's truly what really matters at the end of the year. And I think when I look back at my career, those are going to be all the memories I have that really stick out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm barring or mcgeddon. The Dodgers are in the postseason every single year. Let me ask you this. When you hear folks say that the Dodgers are ruining baseball by all of the signings and deferrals, what is your sort of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I mean I've seen a few people comment on this, and I kind of agree with them. I think we're doing all the right things. You know, the goal should be for every team to win this year, and I think that's what makes it most exciting. And you know, I don't think they should be mad at us. They should be mad at their own teams for not making those moves, you know, And and it's I think a counter argument could also be, you know, it's good for baseball to have a villain, right and if we have to be the villain, then that makes for more entertainment. I think, you know, guys having Shohe and Freddie and Mookie and Roki and Yoshi and all these guys on the same team playing on TV for one of the biggest franchises and sports, I don't see how that could be bad.
Speaker 5: Get backing off of that, people that have something negative to say about all of the work this team is doing in the offseason and even last year probably didn't see this team, you know, in August and September when everybody, every player, every pitcher were just falling like flies with injury. I want to this is kind of selfishly for me. I want to go back to we heard on Mookie Betts podcast, amongst other spots, Dave we manager Dave Roberts had a message to the team early in September, after you guys learned Tyler Glass now probably out for the season and the postseason and all that the rare closed door meeting from Doc. What kind of was the message there and how did that prove to or help to galvanize the boys and get over that hump that he'd been chasing since you know twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were in Atlanta at the time. I think, as you said, glass Now had just been injured, Stone had just come off being out for the year.
Speaker 2: We had a few other pictures. I think Kershaw was out.
Speaker 1: And at the time, I think we only had like three or four starting pitchers that were healthy. A lot of those that guys that have been in Triple A most of the year. So we were definitely grinding a little bit, and doctors called the guys together. I mean, the vibe was down a little bit obviously with the news of glass Now. I think with everybody, the staff, the players, front office, and he called that meeting and kind of just told us like, we're gonna do this thing together. He believes in us. We're gonna lean on one another and guys are gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to step up.
Speaker 1: Basically, guys that haven't contributed up to this point are gonna have to step up and be those guys. And we where the Dodgers. We have the deepest organization and all of baseball on our mind, and guys have been waiting for the opportunity and they're going to have it now. And yeah, I think it just kind of re energized us and gave us that push on the back half of the season and into the postseason.
Speaker 5: All right, well, we'll let you get out of here. On what I'm gonna call a dumb one, another selfish one. For friends on the internet, we talked about seeing on the internet a whole bunch Dodgers are bad for baseball. Chris Taylor. If you've been on the internet at any point in your life, you've seen Chris Taylor has never done anything wrong in his life. When you see that, what is that kind of I see it, a listit a smile right away. What does that do for you? And is that just one of those things that's the funny secondary stuff of being a pro baseball player.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's funny to me because it's so wrong, and my wife can attest to that. I mean, I think maybe it's just one of those things where I have a reserved person and I think it does take a little while to get to know me, and people see that shyness as innocence or I don't know what it is, but I promise you I do a lot wrong.
Speaker 2: He should see.
Speaker 5: Such juvenile rap sheet. I mean, so many thefts.
Speaker 4: I think I'm going to ask both of the both of the Mary Taylor's about that. I'm going to ask Mary Taylor the mom, and I'm going to ask Mary Taylor the wife about that. To see what Chris Taylor has done wrong in his career.
Speaker 1: Nothing criminal, like I'm not intentionally doing anything wrong, but accidentally I make a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 4: Well, Chris, we appreciate you, looking forward to seeing you at Campbell back again this year, and looking forward to seeing what the daughters can do in the upcoming season. Thanks for everything that you guys do with the CT three Foundation. You can certainly continue to contribute to all the fire relief stuff through Chris's foundation, and you can also help with the polar Plunge coming up with the CT three Foundation on January second. Get involved, help and Chris, best of luck to you. Thank you so much for being on god Your's territory. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you guys for having me appreciate this.
Speaker 4: Chris Taylor, two time World Series champion, appreciate it very much.
Speaker 3: Clint, let's get to last licks.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: All right, last licks again talking about fire relief. Obviously, Chris Taylor and his foundation doing some great things. Gidry's Guardian Foundation, my foundation trying to help as well. You can win an authenticated PSA card signed Taylor Swift CD. All you have to do is go to thirty two auctions dot com slash t SCD which is Taylor Swift CD and create an account. It is free to create an account, and then you can just bid right now. The high bid is at five hundred and thirty five dollars. Every cent of this auction, which closes on the twenty seventh at eight am Pacific, will go to fire relief in Los Angeles, helping animals and those in need. So we appreciate you guys for doing that and helping the folks in LA. All right, Clint, what's coming up on All Dodgers with Clint Passias?
Speaker 3: Obviously Tanner Scott is official.
Speaker 5: Now yeah, I mean next to next dream we do, we'll be talking all about the latest signings, diving into some of the things that Roki Sasaki said at his presser yesterday. You know, breaking or chattering the glass there spoiler alert, that's the words I'm looking for. Uh, it's an exciting it's exciting to see Roki Sasaki and Dodge Blue. And I'm I'm very very I'm just ready for spring training to happen already. I want to see these boys throwing baseballs. I want to see pictures on the mound. I want to see John Sue who shots of Dodgers at spring training with the better looking uniforms again, not those stupid.
Speaker 3: Sea Yes, the numbers are well and the numbers are big again. Numbers are Bicky wearing eleven. The name is big, the numbers are big.
Speaker 4: So thank you for and Nike for figuring that crap out, because those were horrible. So I'm glad to see that again. Thanks to Chris Taylor for coming on the show. Bill Plunkett actually is going to join us on Monday. Bill Plunkett has been a long time beat writer covering the Dodgers, and he also just wrote a book on Show Hey Otani. It's already on sale in Japan. It's selling out in Japan. They cannot get enough Show Hey in Japan, and it is for pre order now in the United States. So we'll chat with Bill on all things Dodgers coming up on Monday. Until then, my friends, have a good weekend. Clint Pasius and again guys, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: Go Dodgers.
Speaker 5: We'll see you then, and subscribe to the channel, do all that kind of stuff, you know, all the things. Thank you again for eight thousand subs. But we'll see you on the next one. Okay, bye,